Speaker 1: Baby I'm a Gangster Too. It takes out a tangle with Baby I'm a Gangster Too, Baby.
Speaker 2: Young Gamester Too.
Speaker 3: For good warning, this podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality.
Speaker 4: Listener Discretion is a vibe.
Speaker 2: Talk with me, fellas, this ain't my first time.
Speaker 4: At the rodeo.
Speaker 5: Hello, and welcome back to the show. How is everyone doing this month? I actually have a few tricks and a few treats for you. In honor of my favorite month of the year and my favor favorite holiday, we are going to be kicking it old school all month long with some of my favorite Halloween episodes from Cosmic Peach podcast. These are the crowd favorites, and you love them before you're gonna love them again. Today's episode is one of my personal favorites with Davy Wavy from the Red Pill Cartel podcast. If you're not sure what movies you want to watch this month, let Davy and I take you on a journey through some of our favorites and let the twenty twenty four scare your shit out the door. Panies on the floor, ghosts, demons, and more Halloween special comments. That's really fucking long. Maybe we should just go with the twenty twenty four Pannies on the floor. Anyways, if you would like the brand new twenty twenty four Scare your Shit out the Door or Panties on the Floor, Ghost Demons and more Halloween episodes, you'll have to go on over to Patreon and check into Room two three seven to get the exclusive, brand new twenty twenty four Halloween episodes. But if you are listening to this on the free feed, please enjoy the throwback episodes this month and the Cult ex Cosmic exclusive shows. With that being said, let's jump riden. All right, everyone, you are listening to the Cosmic Peach Podcast, the Halloween edition of the Cosmic Peach Podcast. And what do I have in store for you tonight? Well, I have Davy Wavy from the Red Pill Cartel podcast. We are besties and we both love horror movies and we're going to rate the best horror movies. And not only are we going to rate them, I'm going to quiz Davy to see if he can guess which ones are based on reality.
Speaker 2: So, Davy, how are you fantastic? Are you?
Speaker 5: I'm so thrilled. I can't wait till get started.
Speaker 2: We've been discussing this one for quite a while now, and they's cool. You got some kind of little a little bit of a game going, so I'm all down for that.
Speaker 5: All right. Yeah, and I threw in a couple of the ones you had messaged me about because you know, I'm a good sport and I know you love John.
Speaker 2: Carr absolutely my favorite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I love John Carpenter. Who doesn't love Halloween.
Speaker 2: I just grew up with that, you know, It's like one of the things that my brothers were into, you know, dup on me, like being like a music officionado too. I just appreciate what John does scoring his own movies and shit, right, Like, that's like my favorite. I'm like, dude, this guy's the jack of all trades and the horror master, right, yes, amazing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I definitely agree. And I have some on here, so we'll get I have a story about John Carpenter actually when we get to it. But our first movie, our first stop of the night, is going to be the Exorcism of Emily Rose.
Speaker 2: I don't care about my reputation. What I care about is telling Emily Rose's story.
Speaker 1: The church you venerates thease Regardian unprotector to the The Lord has.
Speaker 2: Entrusted the souls of the deemed to be lighted to him, and more of God. A peace to cross Satan Grenda. It just begun.
Speaker 5: Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: I believe that it is because it's it was. It was a big court case, right was it not?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, A drew story.
Speaker 5: From one to ten? What are you writing the movie?
Speaker 2: I actually saw it in the theater, and uh, when it came out on video, I bought it and I watched it like maybe a few more times. I thought it was awesome. I'd probably give it like a seven or and eight out.
Speaker 5: Of seven point five. Sure, seven point five.
Speaker 2: It's good. I liked it. It's different because I had a court case in it, right, Yes, I thought it was pretty wild. It wasn't like your typical possession movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And you know, sometimes things based in truth are like what do they say, truth is stranger than fiction or something like the practice stranger than fiction? And I feel like that's this movie because it just gave you that creep vibe like, oh my god, you know, right, And so I'll let me tell you a little story about the Exorcism of Emily Rose, and then you can give me your commentary, which you think about this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jennifer Carpenter is Emily Rose, right, she's Dexter's sister.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, she has a weird look, and I thought I played that part very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like which when I think the boyfriend finds her in the dorm and she's like, ah, like her mouth, she's all comforted. That scared the shit out of me when I saw that the first time.
Speaker 5: Okay, some of Emily Rose was based on a German girl and her name was Annalie's Michelle, and she was actually a devout Catholic and she lived in Germany in the nineteen sixties and she attended Mass like twice a week, all of this, and one day, unexplainably, out of the fucking blue, she wakes up shaking, uncontrollably, and her neurologist said that she had epilepsy, so he put her on like these epilepsy meds, but they weren't helping her, and she, just like can, continued to deteriorate and basically she was like, I don't have EPILEPSI, I'm possessed by demons. And she would say that they would tell her she was damned and that she was going to rotten hell, and she, out of nowhere, just started ripping her clothes off her body, and she performed up to four hundred squats a day, barked like a dog, and ate spiders in charcoal for weeks, bit the head off of a dead bird, and drank her own urine from the floor. And then finally a couple of priests came over and they conducted sixty seven exorcisms, and they did not work. She said she was still possessed by six demons, Lucifer, Kine, Judas a Scariot, Adolf Hitler, Nero, and some disgraced priest called Fletchman. And basically, over the next ten months she stopped eating and slowly died. And that is the story of the exorcism of Emily Rose.
Speaker 2: Real or not? What do you think?
Speaker 5: I saw pictures?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really? Were they like horrifying?
Speaker 5: Yes, it looked very similar to the movie like Bent Back all of that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Sixty seven exorcisms.
Speaker 7: Because sixty six wasn't enough, right, faster sixty seven actually get it out though, no, they never got it out, so what happened to her?
Speaker 5: She died of dehydration on July nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 2: Dude, she was drinking her own urine. How could she die of dehydration?
Speaker 5: She was eating spiders and charcoal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fucked mm hmm, that's fucked up.
Speaker 5: And there I think there's actually if you go on YouTube and just type in this girl's name, you can actually see videos of them like praying on her and like they're really old. Obviously they're from the sixties, that's what they exist.
Speaker 2: Have you ever watched when you were younger a show called a current Affair? Mm hmm, okay, I think it was the late eighties if I'm not mistaken, But they have one and I tried to look it up for years because it was the most terrifying shit I've ever seen in my life. It was a guy sitting in a kitchen and he was possessed. They had him in the kitchen. He's just sitting in a chair and he's possessed, and the look on his face was just like the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one of those PTSD moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like his face was all cracked and his eyes were like yellow, and he was just like, uh, and it's scared. They shit out of me. I could still vaguely see it, but I tried looking it up. I can find it for the life of me. It sucks.
Speaker 5: What if it's one of those Mandela effects and only certain.
Speaker 2: People could be who knows?
Speaker 5: Okay, So, in true Halloween fashion, our next stop is going to be John Carpenter's Halloween, opened in Kansas City on October twenty fifth, nineteen seventy eight. Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: I believe that it is not.
Speaker 5: It is not fucking nohow.
Speaker 2: Okay? Once a ten, oh, definitely a ten. One of the greatest flash efflicks of all time.
Speaker 5: I'm giving it nine point five, Okay, I just I needed.
Speaker 2: It to be, to watch it over and over and over again, those are the kinds of movies. I gave it ten. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can watch it over and over again too, like I love it to death. I'm only I'm I'm holding back the other point five because I wish in the very first one it would have cut to the chase a little bit faster. Sure, sure, you know, because the beginning is slow. High school and walking home and like all so, but back then I think that was just to build the suspense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they he did a really good job with the atmosphere too, mm hmm, like the fall, the leaves, everything, the town, the students. It was all done perfectly, I found. And the music of course, oh.
Speaker 5: Of course, like you can hear the leaves like blowing against the sidewalk. That is just like genius. Yeah, amazing of itself, like absolute genius. So of course this is going to be one of our top ones. And you haven't gotten any wrong so far, so maybe this next one I'll trip you up. Thirteen Ghosts released October twenty six, two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: There are ghosts around us all the time. Most of them they can't hurt us, most of them don't even want us. But there are exceptions. He isn't bad tonight, Oh bad. Here's my professional bringion. We's you fell out of here.
Speaker 8: I represent the estate of your uncle, Cyrus Mood.
Speaker 2: We have an uncle, Cyrus.
Speaker 8: Cyrus recorded this message six weeks ago. He asked to be played for you on the event of his death. Author, I've instructed my lawyer to deliver my last will and testimony.
Speaker 2: Key key to what a key to your new house. This house is the fruit of my life's work. Oh my god, it is a wonderful kind home. Mat Wow, Arthur.
Speaker 8: We've got some papers to sign the library. After that, I would love to take you in the family around that's where of the house.
Speaker 2: Awesome, all right now, I know I'm dreaming.
Speaker 8: Oh your uncle was quite a collector of many things.
Speaker 5: Is it based on a true story?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, no, fuck you. And to be honest, I think i've heard you talk about this movie on your show before. If I'm not mistaken, it's the one with Matthew Willard. You know, I know, and I did not like that movie.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I thought it was cheesy as fuck. I also saw that in the theater. I was excited to see it. And when I saw it, me and my friends were both where we were all like, I don't know about that.
Speaker 5: So what are you giving it? From one to ten?
Speaker 2: That one for entertainment purpose is probably about a four.
Speaker 5: I'm giving it a ten.
Speaker 2: Really, Yes, I might have to watch it again.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just wanted to for the listeners who also love thirteen Ghosts. So the traditional zodiac is based on twelve signs, and in the movie they use the Black Zodiac, which is not twelve but thirteen, and they find a ghost to represent each sign of the Black Zodiac. So that was the firstborn Son, the Torso, the bound Woman, the Withered Lover, the Torn Prince, the Angry Princess, the pilgrimas the great Child, and the Dire Mother, the Hammer, the Jackal, the Juggernaut, and the Broken Heart, all representing the Black Zodiac. And that movie terrified me, really terrified me.
Speaker 2: You are a little younger than I, I know, but so when I saw this in the theater, I was probably like early twenties, and my friends and I were like, this guy, this just got nothing on the classics.
Speaker 5: You know, Oh my god, when they go and they find the Juggernaut and you can only see him if you have those glasses on with the weird he gripped on them.
Speaker 2: I'd have I'd have to look at it again. Maybe I don't know, but I just remember it being cheesy.
Speaker 5: I just remember you breaking my heart five minutes ago when you.
Speaker 2: Said my apologies.
Speaker 5: Okay, just watch it again, Davy this year. Okay, So our next stop is scream. Of course, Hello, Why don't you want to talk to me?
Speaker 7: Who is this?
Speaker 9: You tell me your name, I'll tell you mine.
Speaker 2: I don't think so what's that noise?
Speaker 5: Popcorn?
Speaker 2: Popcorn? Huh? I only popcorn in the movies.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm getting ready to watch a video.
Speaker 5: Really, what just some scary movie?
Speaker 2: You like scary movies? Uh? Huh?
Speaker 4: What's your favorite scary movie?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Yes, really, yes, it is based on a truth. So I'm all right rate it first and then i'll tell you the story.
Speaker 2: The first scream, I'd give like a seven.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm with you. I'm gonna give it a seven as well. Yeah, and so, of course, what's your favorite scary movie? So there was a specific set of murders that took place in Florida, which served as a foundation for the ones that transpired in the fictional town of Woodsboro. In August nineteen ninety. Danny Rowling would be christened the Gainesville Ripper after he, like ghost Face, used the knife to kill five students in Florida and then Scream writer Kevin Williamson was house sitting in Los Angeles watching TV when a special about the Gainesville murders aired, and it freaked him out so bad that he came up with the idea of scream interesting. And I had never heard about the Gainesville Ripper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna have to look into that.
Speaker 5: And it happened in nineteen ninety. You was a live Davy. You should know.
Speaker 2: This, probably completely oblivious.
Speaker 5: I was important till four years later. So I get it easy out.
Speaker 2: You do not.
Speaker 5: You should go about the games Phil Ripper.
Speaker 2: And five people.
Speaker 5: He said, yes, he killed five students in Florida. It doesn't say if they were like high school students or college students, but it just says he killed five students in Florida.
Speaker 2: Crazy. Yes, And of course the story is embellished. Yeah, it's like everything every time they say it's based on a true story, it's like they take like a couple of things that the killer did and then kind of right around that, you know, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they like blow it up out of proportion, and like Drew Barrymore's tits flopping in the front yard, they're just getting knifed in the chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember back then too. It was kind of like people are like, oh, Drew Barrymore is in this new movie, and then she's dead. At the very we all thought it was a Drew Barrymore movie. And she's dead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's this s good part about it. But it's another iconic though. What's your more?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's another movie that had that happened to It was called Executive Decision, and it had Kurt Russell and Steven Sagal. Everybody was excited to see this new Steven Sagall movie. And in the first ten minutes he fucking fly, he flies out of an airplane, died, and then it's a Kurt Russell movie, which I had no problem with because I love Kurt. Oh.
Speaker 5: I love Kurt Russell, So you'll appreciate this next one. It's the nineteen ninety four classic In the Mouth of Madness.
Speaker 4: At this one, Gon drive you absolutely mad.
Speaker 2: The riots began because the stores could not mean the demands of Suttern Games norvel.
Speaker 3: In the Mouth of Madness, Oh yes, Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: Definitely not. No, However, if it was, it would be completely fucking utterly terrifying.
Speaker 5: Oh I would never I'd have to kill myself if it was based on a Druth Stord.
Speaker 2: Dude, well, we probably wouldn't need to be here right now. Actually, because that was part of John Carpenter's Apocalypse trilogy. They called it.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what I have for my notes here, I said. It's the thirdest tallment in what Carpenter refers to as his Apocalypse trilogy, preceded by The Thing in nineteen eighty two and The Prince of Darkness in nineteen eighty seven. And in the Mouth of Madness he is paying tribute to the works of author HP Lovecraft YEP in its exploration of insanity and its title being derived from the Lovecraft novel At the Mountains of Madness.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Yes, work, that is very interesting to me.
Speaker 2: Good work. Have you seen this recently?
Speaker 5: I have not seen it recently, but I had Prince of Darkness recently because you sent it to me and then I was like, oh, well now I got to watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See ah. But in the Mouth of Madness, to me, one of the main reasons why it's terrifying is because there was It wasn't the first time I was watching it, but I was watching it with my girlfriend at the time, and I had a full blown fucking panic or anxiety attack while I was watching it, and it wasn't because of the movie. I think it was just like something triggered me, right, but it was.
Speaker 5: And watch the Mouth of Madness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I ran upstairs and she was like, what's wrong. What's wrong. I'm like, call the ambulance. I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm already dead. Like I was having a total anxiety attack. I felt like I wasn't in my head. I felt like I was like above myself watching me, and that I was already out of my body dead. It was crazy.
Speaker 5: If I had to pick any movie to be having a panic attack during.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be that. Yeah, that's divined. I know it's. It sucked and it kind of ruined the movie for me because I didn't want to watch it again for a long time after that, right, because I was like, I don't want another fucking anxiety attack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, wait a second. We didn't rate it, though, is it you?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't give it ten, but definitely probably about an eight.
Speaker 5: I'm giving it a nine, yeah, because it's just like and obviously the listeners, if you haven't seen it, just take it from the top, watch the thing, and then watch Prince of Darkness. And then watch in the Mouth of Madness and then report back to date your eye.
Speaker 2: But don't know. They don't really correlate at all with the story or character.
Speaker 5: No, it's not like sequels.
Speaker 2: It's all kind of scenarios. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so our next stop is Child's Play.
Speaker 11: They do we Delalla Santaria Oya.
Speaker 12: Shungu, give me the power.
Speaker 2: I'm big of you. The original, the original, The original scared the but Jesus enemy. And I was a kid. I did not want any fucking figures or dolls in my room after that, Like I had a cabbage patch doll. He went right in the fucking closet around Yeah, dude, and then I wake up in the middle of the night. He's like, head turns back towards me. Uh, it was okay, it was scary.
Speaker 5: When I was ok sorry, Oh no, yes.
Speaker 2: No, are you serious? Okay, okay, explain you gotta explain this one.
Speaker 5: Okay. So my little snippet that I have here says wild Chucky, the killer doll from the Child's Play Friendies isn't a real life individual. He is actually inspired by a true story. The real events that helped inspired what would become the story for child's play begins with the tale of Robert the Doll. While Chuck You was just one of many mass produced good guy dolls, Robert the Doll was a one of a kind toy first owned and named by Florida painter Robert Eugene Otto. There are several different stories regarding how Robert Eugene Auto was first gifted the doll in nineteen o three, but the most popular story is that he was given the doll by a woman who served his family. She allegedly practiced voodoo and devised the doll as a way to get revenge for having been abused by the family. There were many other reports as well, which insisted Robert the Doll could move around freely and express himself as if he were alive, and some suggested the doll could blink its eyes and certain moments even run with evil laughter.
Speaker 2: I would like to see this be a movie instead of what they did with the actual movie. Right, it was a serial killer and then he was dying, he got killed by the police, and he he possessed the doll before he died, Right something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, And first off, I'm giving it a ten because this movie is so nostalgic for me.
Speaker 2: I had a good guy yeah, oh really.
Speaker 5: Yes, I begged my mom for one, like the little psychopath that I am, and I had an authentic good guy doll and my prized possession. But what are you writing it?
Speaker 2: I give it about eight as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you remember that chance he would do when he would be like calling on the demons or whatever. He'd be like I can't quite remember, oh my god. But no. The chanting scene, now I know, is called the voodoo chant, and that shit sounds like it could conjure up some shit in real life.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't doubt it.
Speaker 5: Because they put stuff like that in movies. So when you play it in your house, you're like, oh, that's creepy, but they're actually summoning ship up.
Speaker 2: It's like the Evil Dead movie the original, where it's like, do not play this fucking tape, and it's like, oh, whatever the fuck it is, right, and then the next thing you know, the fucking house is off his ass. Don't fucking play the tape, asshole. Oh my god. Backwards Backwards freaks me the funk out, Like if I hear anything backwards, like.
Speaker 5: What David? They did that in the first this movie, you remember, because she was in the bed and she was just like, oh yes, dude. And then they played it back and it.
Speaker 2: Was like hell, yeah, yeah. Have you have you heard Stairway to Heaven backwards?
Speaker 5: I don't even want to, I've already.
Speaker 2: It'll freak you the fuck out. Like the part, the part where he says, if there's a bustle in your hedgerow, You know that part, if there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alone. Now you play it backwards, it says he's the mas Sweet Satan. Yeah, like clear as day. It's fucking crazy.
Speaker 5: Know how to do that? Though?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's fucking wall. Look at the ship they were involved with by by Zeppelin four, which is what album it was on. They all had a sigil for each of their names that they they learned all this from fucking Crowley too.
Speaker 5: Right fuckers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. So who knows? Maybe Crowley taught them to put backwards masking messages in their song.
Speaker 5: I see. That's what I'm talking about when I say, like everything we consume is on purpose.
Speaker 2: Fuck all that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be a part of it, but I still to this day. Enjoy you know you have that at some point.
Speaker 2: I'm for sure, dude, I'm not. I'm not the type that's gonna be like everything is satanic. Therefore I'm gonna sit in my room and do absolutely nothing and pray all day.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, Yeah, no, I'm the same way, Davy. So, are x stop is psycho? Is it based on a true story?
Speaker 2: I believe that one kind of is. Yes. Yeah, And I don't know the killer's name, but he did have that obsession with his dead mother, I believe.
Speaker 5: So before I tell you this story.
Speaker 2: Great fucking movie too, one.
Speaker 5: To ten, one to ten Black and White, Alfred Hitchcock, Not no, that's a ten ten for me too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing movie, just so well done.
Speaker 5: The shower scene I can't to.
Speaker 2: This very day, it's crazy. Or even the very end when you see him dressed as the mother, it's like, oh shit, what do you know what.
Speaker 5: They say at the end of that movie that I laughed so hard about And my mom was like, I forgot that was even in the movie. He's dressed up at it as his mom and he's in like the holding cell. There's a doctor talking to the police officer and he goes, I think I know what's wrong with him, and the police officer goes, he's a harmophrodite.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's too funny. No, no, he's not. That would play has both sex organs? Why was he dressed like that? It's a trans Uh not exactly. That's too funny. But I even I even enjoyed the sequels. I did too. Yeah, they were fucking Anthony Perkins was amazing.
Speaker 13: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: So here's the story, and it's even funnier because of the conversation we were having, like right before we got on here. The Alfred Hitchcock Black and White classic, which is timeless, as we were saying, is the story of Norman Bates and his mommy issues, which were inspired by the story of ed Gian Oka, a Wisconsin man who was convicted of murder in the nineteen fifties, and although he was only convicted of two murders, he is suspected of having a much higher body counts and he was an amateur grave robber prone to making unique home decor, including lampshades composed of human skin from a person's face, and the story of ed Gian also inspired the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, there is also another killer who he's based on, which is Leatherface. Yes, yeah, yeah. And did you know that Gane had gender dysphoria?
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 2: That was that was one of the big reasons why he was doing what he did.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, And can you imagine being so awful? You get not one, but two horror movies based on you, right, and they happen to be the most iconic of all time. Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, the original. Only all the other ones can go fuck itself because the original is the only scary one. Part two was okay, three was okay. All the remakes, eh, didn't do it for me. Hell, the latest one on Netflix pure garbage. Oh.
Speaker 5: The only one that I kind of entertained is the one where like the girl goes back to meet her family and she finds out like she's leather Face's sister and he kind of like defends her, and you're like rooting for leather Face at the end.
Speaker 2: Which what are you That one was? That was that? Uh? I don't know if I saw that one. I've seen them all, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 5: Well if you haven't, I'll send you the link after we get done, because it's the only one where they spun it so crazy that it was totally it was like its own movie almost, I think.
Speaker 2: Right. Actually, there was one with Matthew McConaughey. Do you see that one? That one was so fucking bad. That one he actually he actually goes leatherface, actually goes full out transvestite for that movie. He puts on pettyhose, he puts makeup on his fucking face. Everything he wears like fishnet stockings and some ship Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: Renee Zellweger was in it too.
Speaker 5: The very first one.
Speaker 2: The very first one was rustic and raw and pure terror pure terrorists. Yes, agreed, and and like even the acting it was kind of she but I think it fit it somehow. Yeah, you know it. It's strange. It's hard to explain, but one of the best horror movies of all time, hands.
Speaker 5: Down, hands down, hands down, and I think in a way, actually, to go back to Psycho for a second, anytime you involve a character who's doing something weird like taxidermy, that just adds a whole nother layer onto the g because it's like he had all those stuffed birds and stuff. Yeah, it was just every little meticulous detail was like he thought of everything, like how am I gonna portray this guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He could have just had him be like a crazy like mommy issue. No, he had to be a taxidermist on top of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool, cool, fun fact here, my ex girlfriend's dad or parents were friends with Hell and Hitchcock. What Yeah, And when he would come into town, they'd have dinner with.
Speaker 5: Him all the time.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, Yeah, pretty wild.
Speaker 5: Eh oh, that is fucking unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And they said he was like the fucking nicest dude.
Speaker 5: Ever, well and really ingenious.
Speaker 2: And my my so my ex's father was British or her parents were British, so they had like they were all speaking with the accent during dinner and shit, right, pretty wild.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that is so crazy. Wow, I wish I don't know anybody.
Speaker 2: Cool like that, but pretty pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: Moving on to our next movie. July thirtieth, nineteen ninety nine, released The Blair Witch Projects.
Speaker 2: I can see thank you very good. This there he's been home. But I don't know why I have to have conversation on videos A documentary.
Speaker 5: Not about us getting lost we're making a documentary about a witch. Oh is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: I believe that it is not. But many people when that movie came out, I had to fight people because they were trying to tell me it was a fucking it was real found footage and I'm like, no, dude, that's just the gimmick for the movie. And this one guy while I was working with, He's like, no, dude, it's real. It's real. I'm like, okay, you win. He can believe it's real, but I know it's not. And that was the first movie of its kind.
Speaker 5: Absolutely brilliant. And I'll tell you the Blair Witch Project, as low budget as it was, is a massive cult hit. And nothing happened in the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like we still watch it to this day, talk about it constantly. Nothing happened in the movie.
Speaker 2: One of the most terrifying things of the movie was a guy standing in the corner at the end.
Speaker 5: Yes, watch the movie before that last fifty seconds of the movie. I'm giving it an eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd give it. I'd given about a seven or eight some point.
Speaker 5: Five, although I should give it.
Speaker 2: It's hard to watch now.
Speaker 5: It is but just the fact that it ushered in that genre.
Speaker 2: I saw it in the theater with my mom. Actually, did your mom like it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you almost have to give it a ting just because of what it did for horror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, definitely. I put it up there as like a big achievement in the advancement of the industry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, But then there's.
Speaker 2: So many that failed doing that.
Speaker 5: Cloverfield.
Speaker 2: I actually liked Cloverfield.
Speaker 5: I did not. I could not get into it. I needed it to be creepier.
Speaker 2: Unless Godzilla like that it felt like a foot Godzilla.
Speaker 5: It did, But did you ever Now this one is not a hundred percent one of these found footage movies, But there was one called It's actually not that old. It's called The Visit Same Night Shyamala because it would kind of go half and half like it would be the movie and it would be like the little kid like on his phone or whatever, and the grandma had sundowners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that movie. That was a good one.
Speaker 5: I loved it. I thought it was very original. Yeah, super super like outside the box of normal horror.
Speaker 2: Loved it, absolutely loved it, and it's worth watching that movie for one scene, Yeah, but he reaches into his diaper and he throws a shit in his face. I almost peeped when I saw that, but then I started laughing. I was like, did that just fucking happen? He literally reached into his depends and whipped it at the kid's face. Too funny.
Speaker 5: No, And if we're on the subject, while we're talking about the Blair Witch Project, obviously the paranormal Activity movies.
Speaker 2: I've seen all of them, and I didn't I didn't hate any of them. I liked all of them. Yeah, they and I loved how they all connect, Yes, even five, even five connected with everything. I thought they were fucking awesome movies. I loved all them, highly entertaining. So a lot of people didn't like them, but I absolutely a lot of people didn't like them. Yeah, I thought they're amazing.
Speaker 5: Those are the one which was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the second one was my favorite though, because I had the best scene ever in all those movies.
Speaker 5: That's the one with the two little girls.
Speaker 2: Right, I think that was three.
Speaker 5: With the little girls.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm not sure. But the second one was the They had that scene in it where she's sitting in the kitchen, and she looks back into the living room and she because she thought she heard something, and she looks back again, and all of a sudden, all the cupboards and drawers whip open.
Speaker 5: That's that one, Okay, Yeah, no, the second one, what it's like, it gave it. They had time to think of a little bit more edgy scenarios for the second one, Yeah, because the first one was like, oh, that's some shit that looks like it could really happen in somebody's house, you know. But then the second one they were like, all right, let's up the ante just still little bit now that we know people like it. And yeah, no, I agree. I think I think the second one was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all good. Though. I liked all of them. I loved how they revealed, like why everything was happening like that, right, the whole, the whole like a cult ritual and everything like that thing. Amazing, totally fucking cool. I love those movies.
Speaker 5: Loved it all.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Next we have the Birds another Alfred Hitchcock.
Speaker 9: This isn't usual, is it?
Speaker 2: Back? The chickens. Something seems to be wrong with them.
Speaker 8: There's nothing wrong with those chickens, Mitch that's the.
Speaker 2: Damn thing I ever saw, and I know it seemed to screw down as you're liberately not aggressive creatiousness. They bring beauty into the world. It is mankind rather who insists on in making it difficult for life to exist up on this planet.
Speaker 5: Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: I think it partially is.
Speaker 5: Yes. Yeah, once it's in on the Birds.
Speaker 2: I gonna have to take a pass on it because it's been I saw it when I was a kid, and I can't remember it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I saw it maybe like four or five years ago because it was on TV. But basically it's based on the nineteen sixty one seabird attack in Santa Cruz. I think that's in Lost. What am I talking? I think that's in California. But basically Alfred Hitchcock right about it in the news and then he made the movie. Yeah, so it was actually seagulls. It was a seagull attack.
Speaker 2: Well, that happens every day where I work.
Speaker 5: I was like, it's not as scary with seagulls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they could be unpredictable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fucking seagulls. I mean, but I feel like I could take a seagull you know the birds, and the birds were like really mean and like fast and shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm giving the birds a six out of ten.
Speaker 2: I remember my mom was scared of that movie when she was younger.
Speaker 5: It's one of those things where it was ahead of its time for this time, but now you go back and watch it and you're like, uh, it was.
Speaker 2: Okay of cheese.
Speaker 5: So the Exorcist here we go. Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but I want to hear the back story.
Speaker 5: I just gotta go ahead and put that out there.
Speaker 2: It's a spec by far, easy.
Speaker 5: Ten, easy ten, and it's basically I actually covered this on an episode I did about Ed and Lorraine Warren. But it is based on the fourteen year old boy Robbie, who lived in Saint Louis, And there was actually an article in the Washington Post that was headlined Priest Freeze Mount Rainer Boy from Devil's Grip and it inspired the movie. But the true story is that Robbie played with a Ouiji board much like Reagan does in the Exorcist, and ultimately two priests, just like in the movie, performed the Rite of Exorcism twenty to thirty times on this boy and freed him from the demonic infestation. It was thirty times.
Speaker 2: It was a boy. It wasn't a girl.
Speaker 5: It was a boy named Robbie, which I feel like is might be why they picked Reagan.
Speaker 2: Reagan, right, So.
Speaker 5: I found that to be super interesting.
Speaker 2: And the demon has two names. Can you name them in the Exorcist?
Speaker 5: Yeah, mister Happy or something like that.
Speaker 2: Who very close, mister, it's.
Speaker 5: Not mister or Tony something, captain captain Howdy?
Speaker 2: There you go? Okay, Yes, the ancient evil demon's actual name was starts with a P.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to give it to me, pazuzu. Yes, yeah, isn't that So you want to talk about something ahead of its time that set the bar for the rest of horror for forever.
Speaker 2: People had heart attacks watching that movie. Yes, in the theater. Yeah, fucking crazy, dude.
Speaker 5: So there is an edited version and there's like a non edited version. And in the non edited version, there's a scene where the lights start to flicker in the house and the mom's in the kitchen with like a candlestick, and the lights cut out and there's the face, the devil face right behind.
Speaker 2: The white face. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, and they edited that out in some of the other versions because it was scaring people to death.
Speaker 2: And I believe, oh, that part also happens when uh, Damien Carris is jogging and you can or he's having a dream that he's jogging and when he's running you can see the face flash, and that part needs to scaring shit out of me. The person whose face that is is a woman, and that's the woman that did the voice of the possessed Reagan. Is it really yep?
Speaker 5: And you know her voice by the way, Oh my god, Oh that's that was like everything you ever imagined like a demon to sound like unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Eh.
Speaker 5: So the exorses for.
Speaker 2: Me, they did all kinds of like tricks with that voice too, like they would like layer it and play it backwards and do all these kinds of weird manipulations with it. But it was her voice. She was actually abuting it like this, you know what I mean, Like it was crazy.
Speaker 5: I saw an interview where she said, and it's just coming back to me. She said she drank whiskey like five times a day and smoked like twenty eight packs of cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Just sound like that, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: And Reagan, the girl who played Reagan broke the back in that movie. Really she fractured her spine in the scene where it's flipping her.
Speaker 9: Like this and she's like, wow, holy fuck.
Speaker 5: And she fractured her spine doing that, and the directors left it in because it was really her screaming for help, right right.
Speaker 2: He said, well, you can't get many more authentic than this.
Speaker 5: The way it starts out though, with it being like he's on a dig and he finds like these little artifacts and it's like evil against evil and like all this. I mean, you almost can't find a scarier classic scary me, want you do this to me?
Speaker 2: It still lives up to the hype.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and that score, by the way, is also legendary.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's Michae Oldfield. Tubular bells.
Speaker 5: Tubular bells.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we are now moving on to November eighteenth, nineteen ninety. Stephen King's it based on a true story? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 5: Well, once it's in, where are you giving it?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: When I was younger and I saw it, i'd probably give it an eight. But now I saw it again. We cut kind of recently, I'd say about a six.
Speaker 5: Even with the the dead lights.
Speaker 2: They load, they all float and go down here with me.
Speaker 13: That boy you flow too, Yeah, I mean it's you can tell, it's just got that made for TV quality.
Speaker 2: You know. And that's what just kind of kills it for me. I mean. But seeing it back then when it first came out, it did fucking scare the shit out of me, that's for sure. But now I'm watching it. Now I'm watching I'm watching Tim Curry, and I'm just like, this guy's the fucking best. He's so funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how would you compare it to the New It? Part one?
Speaker 2: I think the new ones are scary.
Speaker 5: The new ones are better, way better than the original.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like really scary, I found.
Speaker 5: So I'm usually like a piurist, Like I'm like, oh, I'll only watch the classics, you know, remade bullshit. The new part one and two of it way astronomically better than the original. And this is like a rare case, you know, but it's true.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, it's like Stephen King adaptations can be hit or miss, you know what I mean, because he jam packs so much shit into his books that every time somebody makes a movie out of it, they miss a lot of ship yes, you know, and integral things that need to be in the movies and they're not, and it really pisses me off, just.
Speaker 5: Like what happened with The Shining Yeah, it kind of just put he basically barely put anything from the actual.
Speaker 2: But the movie was so good though.
Speaker 5: You're right, that's the rule, right, yes, that's.
Speaker 2: And then they made the made for TV version, which was more closer to the book, but it wasn't as good, you know, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Know, I know, so that one is. And I'll tell you that that one kid from Stranger Things is so funny and I loved him in the first uh it that they just remade it the first.
Speaker 3: Of the it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he was in that one and he was like, what do we do in measuring dicks? And it was it was like so funny, and I just loved it so much.
Speaker 2: You know. One of the scariest parts of that movie for me was what's his name is it? Patrick? The Oh? No, Henry. Henry's that sitting at home watching TV and he's watching that kids show and all of a sudden you see all the kids stand up and like, get him, Henry, get him here. Yeah, And that just fucking totally freaked me out because it looked so authentic. Oh it was. It just made it like seem like he was having this hallucination, yes, and it was so I was like, what, like, it fucked me up when I saw that.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you in the second part of the new one that came out when she goes over to her old apartment and that old lady is in there and it's doing like that weird like walk that yeah, yeah yeah. And when he goes to pick up his prescription at the pharmacy and there's like that plague down in the basement just playing like Ivy and ship just but spits all over and oh man, like this is a see now, that's what I'm talking about. This is on a whole new level for it. Definitely, the end was disappointing.
Speaker 2: It was. It was actually the I think the ending in the original made for TV one was better.
Speaker 5: I do too. Yeah, yeah, the remake of the ending, it it kind of fell flat almost like they they got all the way up to the end and it was just like, let's throw some bullshit together.
Speaker 2: Like it felt that they could have done more for sure, Like it was like kind of too. I think they could have done three movies.
Speaker 5: Honestly, they definitely could have just left part three and just put their time on it and like give it, given it like an epic ending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because did you read the book.
Speaker 5: I never read the book.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's pretty damn close these two movies, but there is some stuff missing and they could have put They could have made a third and stretched it out a bit more on each movie. They could have stretched out each one a little bit more and like just what ran the full gamut and made it perfect, but they kind of just cut it short on the other part two.
Speaker 5: And I love the I love the people, the cast for yeah. And I think that that Scars Guard kid that can do that weird thing when he split killed it. He killed it, absolutely killed it.
Speaker 2: Hi Georgie. I liked him and Hemlock Grove as well watching I did.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: Actually he was the best part of that show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And he was like sexy, creepy and so like his brother was in True Blood. That was like that guy has such a look and like a feeling about him. And then I find out like if the clown is his brother, and I go, there's something about that family, like they just do creepy. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: But they just Yeah, that show with Hemlock Grove had the best fucking werewolf transformation I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: Ever, I was like, are you fucking kidding like that? I'm so excited right now just thinking about it, like how it happened and like he just like he's still got some skin left over on him and he just shades all the skin, Like, oh my god, that was amazing. No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually Hemlock Grove is like nine out of ten for me. Car shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really good show, really good, and I think it got passed on, Like it got passed up by a lot of people. I don't think a lot of people watched it.
Speaker 5: Well they can suck up. It's really good.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, they have a recommendation right here, right now. So Hemlock Grove people, there you go.
Speaker 5: X list Davy is Poltergeist? Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: I would say that it could be.
Speaker 5: It is, okay, And now let's get the one to ten out of the way. Ten for me, ten easy, easy ten.
Speaker 2: Another easy ten. That movie made me fucking terrified of clowns.
Speaker 5: That movie made me fucking terrified of being anywhere in my house. That what I wasn't being supervised by an adult, Like no closet, no bathrooms, no, always none.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid growing up, that snowy TV was always on. Yeah, every time I saw it on.
Speaker 5: I was petrified of everything after I watched that movie. Yep, and so what a lot of people don't know is produced by Steven Spielberg and directed by Toby.
Speaker 2: Toby Hooper, Yes, who also directed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he asked something about him too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he beats some great movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. And did you know that Poltergeist was the first movie to receive a p G thirteen rating.
Speaker 2: I believe I knew that I do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically they were gonna just rate it PG, but they were like, eh, PG thirteen.
Speaker 2: Actually still I would I would say that movie should have been rated R.
Speaker 5: I I think it should have been rated because I.
Speaker 2: Movie fucking terrified me when I was a kid.
Speaker 5: The skeletons and all that, all the skeletons in the yeah, well when they were popping up out of the floor and just the coloring.
Speaker 2: And you only move the hand sounds. You only move the hand sound that's in the pool that's still being under construction, all the skeletons come up. Yeah yeah, mm hmmm, holy shit.
Speaker 5: So let me tell you about the true story. It was in New York State in nineteen fifty eight in the town of Seaford, and it was the Herman family who claimed to be victims of paranormal activity. And this was the inspiration for Poltergeist. So basically they would see bottle tops pop off and move around on their own, furniture move around on its own, and they called paranormal investigation team, just like in Poltergeist. They did a Life magazine piece on it, and basically, when the paranormal specialists arrived at the home to deal with whatever was lurking inside, the occurrences abruptly stopped. So basically they came over to investigate all the claims and they couldn't find shit.
Speaker 4: This has.
Speaker 2: Sounds a little fishy to me.
Speaker 5: It does to me too. I'm going to rate that seven fishes out of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anytime that they say, like even the fucking jay Ansen story for Amityville, right, oh, God, like talk about a fucking moneymaker, right, And that shit fascinated me when I was Amityville really fascinated me when I was a kid. I had the book, I had the movie. I was like, wanting it to be true.
Speaker 5: Is a biggie for me, and I do like the remake with Ryan Reynolds. I thought it was really good. Yep, he played a really good George Luttz. Yeah, like he almost looked like George Luttz, like the real George Lutz. Yeah, it was really good, and I liked how they embellished it and added like the torture chamber in the basement right to catch him and kill him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 5: That was cool.
Speaker 2: They made it less of a mystery though. That's what I find, right. I think most of the modern horror remakes, they make these movies a little bit like like they're spoon feeding you a little too much and not leaving so much up to your imagination.
Speaker 5: You know, what I would say would be a perfect example. The opposite of what you're saying would be Hereditary. It left a ton to the imagination, and that's what I love. I want to be like, I.
Speaker 2: Need to check this out. Yeah, those are the best horror movies. Like Rosemary's Baby. Yeah, that is like a mystery, and you're wondering if she's fucking batshit crazy or if she's not. And then by the end you're like, Okay, she's not. But then you watch the remake the TV show and it's like they're spoon feeding you through the whole thing, and it's like, you know, she's Yeah, it was cool, but I prefer the subtle hints here and there, you know, in me.
Speaker 5: A Pharaoh, Roman Pinski, the whole thing just it was a masterpiece.
Speaker 2: That's a ten for me too. Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So next on the list is A Nightmare on Elm Street. Is this based on a true story?
Speaker 2: No? Yes, okay, so there was a pedophile that got burnt to a crisp and he and ensued to haunt people's dreams.
Speaker 5: It's even fucking worse. Really, okay, listen to this shit, all right, So get this shit. Nightmare on Elm Street director Wes Craven revealed that the idea of teens being stocked in their sleep by Freddy Krueger came after the filmmaker read an article in the Los Angeles Times about a Cambodian family whose young son struggled with awful, vivid night terrors, and he told his parents he was afraid that if he slept, the thing chasing him would get him, so he tried to stay awake for days at a time. And this boy sadly died in his sleep, and they said the likely cause was he was a victim of sudden unexpected did nocturnal death syndrome sudden.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's the sun's death. Interesting sudden unexpected nocturnal death syndrome unreal, And that is what inspired Freddy Krueger.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, isn't it?
Speaker 5: And I had never heard of that. That's like the sudden adult death syndrome for me, right, I had never heard of that, which he basically said, I'm scared to fall asleep because the thing chasing me will get me. And then he got sea.
Speaker 2: Crazy, dude, like that.
Speaker 5: Is scarier than nightmare on Elm Street. Yeah, like I I because this really happened to somebody. So now I'm like, what's scarier than having a bad dream and knowing this happened to this kid and being like I'm gonna get said unexpected doctor.
Speaker 2: Right, But it goes it goes to say like there's they say that if you die in your in your dream or whatever, you die in real life. I don't buy that because I've died several times in my sleep, like in my dreams. Like I've I've fucking fell off a cliff and splat it to the ground. I got hit by a fucking car.
Speaker 5: I've seen the end of the world happen. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, like I've seen it all in.
Speaker 2: My Sometimes I don't even wake up. I'm just like, oh, I got hit my car. Back the lights again.
Speaker 5: You just responded.
Speaker 2: You were like.
Speaker 5: Dead and then you were immediately like you just shake it off, Okay, back alive now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Usually I know that I'm dreaming. So I think that's why I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna give Nightmare on Elm Street a seven.
Speaker 2: I give it a five.
Speaker 5: Oh that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fair. It's good, it's it's it's it's I'm not bashing it. It's just kind of cheesy, you know.
Speaker 5: All right, what about Freddy versus Jason?
Speaker 14: Give that about a six because it was cool and I've always wanted to see it happen, and I finally got to see it happen, Like when he goes to Kelly Rowland and he's like, got your nose.
Speaker 2: Robert England is just a treasure and it was great to see him in Stranger Things.
Speaker 5: Oh I have not seen him in Stranger Things.
Speaker 2: Oh sh, he's in season four.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll have to. Well, just for the fact that he's in it, I'll give it. I'll give it a watch.
Speaker 2: I love that show.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 2: It's all encompassing to me growing up in the eighties and seeing all the eighties Easter eggs in there, and the music is very John Carpenter inspired, you know. So just everything about that show for me is just like.
Speaker 5: A tree, you know, And I feel like it's some shit that's really going on. If you want my honest to be the upside down world concern and like all of that. Absolutely, I really feel like there could be some truth in that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: But moving on the Silence of the Lambs, is this based on a true story?
Speaker 4: It rubs the motion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say no, Yes, Okay, So I thought maybe the characters were fictitious.
Speaker 5: The Cannibal Lecter, I mean, it's a household name, but it is fictitious.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Buffalo Bill though, is based on Ed Gaine, isn't he?
Speaker 5: The movie is an amalgamation of Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer, And there was another Philadelphia serial killer called Gary Heidnick who murdered and tortured six victims in his basement. And basically they they hodgepodge Ted Bundy, the Green River Killer and Gary Heidnick and they created the serial killer Buffalo Bill.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's like, he's like an amalgamation, as he said, right, yeah, right, yeah, that's cool. That's cool.
Speaker 5: I thought that was really cool. And I'm giving it it puts the lotion on his.
Speaker 2: Skin, puts the Joe dirt in the hole. I'm giving kids eight Yeah about give it a night as well. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I know that it's a masterpiece of a film.
Speaker 5: It is a master.
Speaker 2: I can smell your cunt remember that part?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: Uh have you seen Manhunter? Though? No? Watch that movie all right?
Speaker 5: Send it to me on Instagram before you forget.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it is? No?
Speaker 5: I don't. I've never I've never seen a show.
Speaker 2: No, it's a movie. It's got William Peterson in it. From the CSI Show Okay, I don't know him.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it was like the O G CSI. He was like the main the main detective in it. But he plays the detective in Manhunter going after a killer called the tooth Fairy. Ooh, and the tooth Fairy is I don't know. But he also uh goes to visit had an elector in jail to get advice on how to catch the tooth Fairy. So this is this is based on I think it's uh, Red Dragon. It's based on Red Dragon, so was Manhunter. This this came up before Silence of Lambs, and it's a fucking excellent movie.
Speaker 5: The first time I'm hearing about it. Yeah, that sounds right up my alley because you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna fucking love it.
Speaker 5: Anything that's really cerebral like that. Yeah, yeah, I love that ship.
Speaker 2: Brian. I don't know if you know who Brian Cox is. He plays hand of elector in it, and he's really good. Yeah. And the tooth fairy killer is something else.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought maybe it was based on a real person because you watched Dexter, right, Yeah, they have a tooth fairy killer in Dexter as well.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he basically he would like kill prostitutes and pull their teeth out.
Speaker 2: That's what this guy did.
Speaker 5: Oh really? So yeah, based on a real guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it could be. Yeah, it's Hannibal. Elector's first film appearance is Manhunter, and I think it was like eighty six or something that came out.
Speaker 5: There's also that show that came out. I think it's just called Hannibal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like it so far. I somebody recommended it to me and I watched like the first six or seven episodes and I actually really liked it.
Speaker 2: So I haven't seen it, but I do like Masamicholson.
Speaker 5: So we are now moving on to Stephen King's Pet Cemetery?
Speaker 2: What is this place?
Speaker 8: I brought you head about Allen's cot Daddy Church?
Speaker 5: Are right?
Speaker 2: Why Judge Imlam.
Speaker 13: He got hit by a car and you and mister cranelby pet Senota.
Speaker 2: What did we do tonight?
Speaker 4: Judge was a secret?
Speaker 5: Is this based on a true story? And I'm not talking about the shit fuck one that they did the remake. I'm talking about April twenty first, nineteen eighty nine Pet Cemetery.
Speaker 2: Yep, YEP, I think it is partially based on a true story.
Speaker 5: Nope, No, but I do feel like the legends of like being able to bury something and then it coming back to life. But it's not them, Like there's something else.
Speaker 2: I feel like that could be a thing.
Speaker 5: I feel like that could be a thing too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm not gonna be partially.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like not outside the realm of possibility that that should. And I'm giving it also, I'm giving it a nine because it scared the living ship out of me as a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched it again not too long ago, maybe like the past six years or so, and I give it about a six. A six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that kid getting hit by the truck and the dude, come on, Davy.
Speaker 2: Now I know, I know. Just the execution of it though it was a little.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah that that it was shoddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was all. The worst was it. Didn't he give that? Didn't that kid give uh that old that old neighbor Fred Gwynn, who was uh he was herman munster? Yes, didn't he give him the the what do they call it though? Back of the heel slice the man?
Speaker 5: I mean, Davy, Now that is a scary one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: But this last one is actually and then I have some honorable mentions that we need to discuss. But this last one is near and dear to my heart, which is the Mothman prophecies.
Speaker 2: Okay, get my attention.
Speaker 10: Seeing a UFO is one thing.
Speaker 2: What are you doing when someone comes into your office and tells you they saw this in the backyard? Okay?
Speaker 5: Is it based on a true story?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, and I'm giving this.
Speaker 2: By the way, I haven't seen that movie in a long time. Richard dear, I'm remember Richard Gears in it. Uh, Indured Cole used to scare the shit out of me.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean they was like on a whole Nuther wake Up number forty seven. Yeah, they said, just like.
Speaker 2: The fact that a lot of this shit happened, it all happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like they saw the Mothman flying over the Silver Bridge, and then.
Speaker 2: He's basically the harbinger of doom, right, Yes.
Speaker 5: He's a harbinger of And it's like they they went back and investigated it, and they said that they found a fracture in the suspension chain, which was the cause. But how were they seeing this like months before, weeks before?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: So to me, the whole story and all the sightings and everything. Then they made the movie. I have to go to that I have.
Speaker 2: It's cool. It's a really cool fucking story.
Speaker 5: I love Richard Gear.
Speaker 2: You didn't make any other movies about it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but i'd be.
Speaker 2: Like documentaries and stuff.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, like documentaries and stuff. But I absolutely I'm so fascinated with cryptids too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's another one I'm definitely gonna have to revisit for sure.
Speaker 5: Mothman prophecies for Halloween. Davy, you have to watch it. So a little bit of honorable mentions here, just because I didn't want to go too far into like the reading stories to you. We can just sit and discuss these next.
Speaker 2: Ones sleep Hello, Eh, it's okay.
Speaker 5: But I love Tim burt so do I.
Speaker 2: But I saw I saw that in the theater. I was excited for it. When I actually saw it, me and my friend we were like, hey, it was all right.
Speaker 5: Tell me why I hated Christina Ricci in that movie.
Speaker 2: Probably because she's like Wednesday.
Speaker 5: He acted so poorly in that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's probably one of the reasons why I didn't like it so much.
Speaker 5: And I don't ever remember like there was a few movies where I was like, ooh, it's a Christina Ricci, but I didn't just love her.
Speaker 2: Ever. Black Snake Moan was pretty fucking good and she was getting that, Okay, I never saw that her and Sam Jackson, did you?
Speaker 5: Did you ever watch a movie called Now and Then? I don't think it was like a girly movie, but she was in it, and I absolutely, to this day adore that movie. And it actually had Rosio Donald in it and more. It was such a hodgepodge of like characters. But no, I watch it every year just because I love Tim Burton movies and I love the story of Sleepy Hollow. But it's only an honorable mention because it's not on the list next to like Poltergeist and like, like, you can't put it up there next to those.
Speaker 2: I love Tim Burton's Batman. Oh I'm Michael Keaton.
Speaker 5: I'm yeah. You know how I feel about that that he's not my Batman.
Speaker 2: He's not me Christian Bale, Yes, yeah, don't get me wrong. I fucking love Christian Bale as Batman. But I have a soft spot. It was nineteen eighty nine. I was ten years old. I think you rather took me to the theater. It is, But at the same time, I watch it still and I'm like, it's fucking awesome. No, it is.
Speaker 5: Awesome, But obviously there's a big age gap between you and I. So like your Michael Keaton is my Christian Bale.
Speaker 2: Sure, like I grew up like what. I'm super excited to see Michael Keaton's Batman coming back in the floor.
Speaker 5: We'll see maybe I'll revisit it when that one comes out, and we'll see Davy.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 5: We already talked about The Shining and Rosemary's Baby, which were honorable mentions because we've talked a lot about those even on other episodes. But the Sixth Sense, Oh my god, Joel Osmond.
Speaker 2: Talk about a groundbreaking horror film.
Speaker 5: Tell me what's your.
Speaker 2: Horror film? But it was more like my fucking mind was blown at the end of the movie. That's the precedent for blowing your mind at the end of a movie, for sure.
Speaker 5: But tell me what the scariest part for you? What the scariest part of that movie is?
Speaker 2: I see dead people? Wow, I have two parts. I think he's in, didn't he have? Like I haven't seen it in a while, but didn't he have a tent in his room.
Speaker 5: That's the scariest part for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yah, yah, yeah, yea, yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: He's playing with his little toys in the tent, yes, and he just looks over and there's a little girl and she's just puking all over herself, like yeah, like that, and just runs he peees on himself, right right, yeah, that part and the part where he's standing at the door at that kid's friend's house and he isn't going to go in, and then they push him in, Yeah, and there's that thing and it scratches him all up while he's in there. Those two scenes in that movie, and then you find out at the fucking end that the dude what's his name, what's his name? What's his name? The actor, Yeah, Bruce Willis is fucking dead the entire time.
Speaker 2: It's fucking.
Speaker 5: I know we're not like just necessarily rating these, but I'm ten out of ten on the sixth sense.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure. I still remember seeing that in the theater and me and my friends at the end, we're all we all looked at each other like, are you fucking kidding me? I think I was like late teens, early twenties when that movie came out. Mm hmmm, unbelievable, And I'm gonna I'm gonna toss in since this is an 'm night shya my own thing. I'm not a huge fan of all of his movies, but Unbreakable is a fucking masterpiece.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I've.
Speaker 4: Ever seen one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they made kind of a sequel to it too.
Speaker 5: You said it's m night Shyamalan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Unbreakable, Bruce Willis.
Speaker 5: I have never seen this shit.
Speaker 2: I think he made that after sixth sense if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 5: This is the trilogy consists of Unbreakable, Split and Glass.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it took forever for Split and Glass to come out, because.
Speaker 5: I've watched Split and.
Speaker 2: Glass, so yeah, Unbreakable is the og. It took the origin story of mister Glass and David Dunn Davy.
Speaker 5: It took him sixteen years to make Split.
Speaker 2: After Yeah, yeah, yeah, wow, okay, Okay, you fucked me up real quick right there. I had I remember having I remember having the special edition of Unbreakable, and like I had like a little window in and you pull the window out of it, and it was all broken glass on the inside. It looked so fucking cool.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that sounds.
Speaker 2: Such a good fucking movie. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So if we're on the subject of m Night Shyamalan movies, I'm going with Signs and All in.
Speaker 2: The Water, both great I have.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've been obsessed with the Lady in the Water my entire life.
Speaker 2: It's a great minute.
Speaker 5: I watched that movie. I've been absolutely obsessed with Lady in the Water. But Signs.
Speaker 2: No swing Away, swing Away, Merril swing Away, swing Away. Amazing movie. I remember seeing that in theater two and thinking, could you imagine if one day the fucking UFO showed up and you're watching CNN and you're just like glued to the screen because the UFOs are actually here.
Speaker 5: And they show it.
Speaker 2: They throw it.
Speaker 5: One scene where it's walking by.
Speaker 2: On the TV the shut Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Fucked me up. And let's talk about how that was. Like the first Crop Circle movie?
Speaker 2: Was it really? I swear yes, yeah, because that's how they advertised it. They showed like Crop Circle and the Crop Circle.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was a small town, you know, and it's like, ah, what a great movie, And fucking mel gives mel gives it in Walking Phoenix, Like, what amazing pair.
Speaker 5: Now, Davy, let's get conspiratorial for a second. Why do you think the water killed them? I don't know, like your best guess. Do you think it was like the chemicals that are in our water?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think it could be just the fact that humans are made up of mostly water, so why not use water to kill them? Right? They might be made of something completely different.
Speaker 5: Maybe I was thinking it was like something to say, like our water is poisoned or something.
Speaker 2: Possibly, I don't know. I didn't look at it look at it that way.
Speaker 5: But okay, so I also have and if you like stranger things, and we've already talked about this before, you have to like it follows because it had the same vibe.
Speaker 2: I heard you talking about that on your and Your Sugar and Spice episode, and I was laughing because I was like, all I could think about was the fucking tall dude. You know what I'm talking about, right, Oh, that scared the fucking shit out of me, Davy.
Speaker 5: It was like, you know, it was another one of those kind of movies where you're like, this is totally different, This is like completely different than anything that has come out in a long long time.
Speaker 2: It was like if AIDS was tangible, if AIDS was a demon and it came after you.
Speaker 5: Right, Yes, my mom said that too. She was like, I feel like this is a movie about STDs, Like if it was like a demon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it feels like.
Speaker 5: And you know, looking back on it, that's exactly what it is. You have to have sex with someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my, pretty good. That was. That's definitely a good fucking modern horror for sure.
Speaker 5: I'm giving it a ten out of ten. And I know we're not rating these women, who I just have to say that ten.
Speaker 2: Out I put it up there, all right. So definitely. The tall guy dude is like the scariest shit I've seen in a movie in so long, and all it is is just a tall guy ducking under a door, coming after you, and it's like he doesn't know how.
Speaker 5: Slow it is. Yeah, it's how slow it moves, and it's how like it doesn't matter how far you run because it'll catch up with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So did you watch any Jordan Peele movies like the remake of Candy Man?
Speaker 2: Oh did Jordan Peele do that one? Yeah?
Speaker 5: The remake.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he did the remake. I couldn't find it anywhere. For the life of me. I wanted to watch it.
Speaker 5: It was really good. It was a whole story.
Speaker 2: Cool because I love the original Candies.
Speaker 5: I did too. And did you know candy Man is based on a true story?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so it scarier.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes it way scarier to me. It makes it way scarier to me.
Speaker 13: And go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I was gonna say. I looked into this story and basically they had convicted this guy and it wasn't even him that was doing it, okay, poisoning the candies and it was it was like, oh shit.
Speaker 2: And but was he a slave? He was like, uh, because he was a slave and he got lynched. Right, you want to find a pire with bees surrounding him, right.
Speaker 5: Something like that. Yeah, but it was like a really old story. But it's like that's where candy Man found. It's like roots or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I.
Speaker 5: Mean, obviously it came out around the same time as like Leprechaun, and that was a bunch of bs, you know what I mean, so.
Speaker 2: Fucking crazy. They did so many of those movies too. They even did Leprechaun in the Hood.
Speaker 5: No, no, So did you ever watch The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix?
Speaker 2: I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 5: You're shitting me.
Speaker 2: I watched the first episode, I think on the first two, and I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Davy, it doesn't even pick up until like the third or fourth episode.
Speaker 2: See, and that's where you lose me, because if it doesn' pick it get me by the second, I'm fucking done for Davy.
Speaker 5: That is so disappointing.
Speaker 2: I could try it again, to go back here.
Speaker 5: Started in the middle and just watch it till the end then, because it's the scariest, that's like the realest shit.
Speaker 2: I'll try it. I'll try it. To answer your last question, yes, I have seen get Out and US.
Speaker 5: I thought US was like an analogy for your shadow self.
Speaker 2: Dude. US was fucking brilliant. It was get Out was cool, but like you said in your show, it was like suspenseful, whereas US was more like, dude, you know.
Speaker 5: Like you have a shadow self.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you get like you actually have a clone of yourself, that clone isn't going to have all of your good tendencies and shit, so it's probably gonna be like your right mm hmmm yeah, and all the clones holding hands at the end of the movie.
Speaker 5: Oh, I had chills up my fucking spine.
Speaker 2: What a fucking movie that was this. Jordan Peele is one hell of a director. I didn't watch Nope yet, but it's on my list.
Speaker 5: I watched Nope and I watched I've basically anything he does I watch because he's a storyteller and I like that.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how he went from comedy to brilliant fucking horror film director. You would and.
Speaker 5: See when people are like really talented like that, it's like they could they could really play both sides of the fence. Yeah shit, because there's a fine line between like being funny and being something being horrific. Because a lot of the characters are funny in the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 5: A lot of comical moments in the movies. And then like in get Out, like the police officer guy or the DSA agent whatever, it was so funny, but then you have like this super serious stuff that's going on. Yeah, oh, I love all of those. You would like his candy Man Baby.
Speaker 2: Oh, I definitely got to see that for sure. Is it still take place in uh? Does it still take place in Cabrini Green.
Speaker 5: In Candy Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's Cabrini Green is the housing project that they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's in there, but it's not Bay And I don't want to give too much away, but it's basically like they ran everybody out of there and it's like abandoned.
Speaker 2: Now. Well, yeah, that's how pretty much how it was in the original.
Speaker 5: Okay, so yeah, it goes back to it, but it's not like the focus of the movie. Okay, but I think, yeah, so what about in City?
Speaker 2: Yes, one and two were great. I couldn't get into three or four?
Speaker 5: So which one is the one that has the keys on the cover?
Speaker 2: That's the fourth one?
Speaker 5: The fourth one? I did not care for the fourth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I don't know. One and two were great, though.
Speaker 5: One and two absolutely horrifying.
Speaker 2: I saw one in the theater by myself because I'm so excited for it, and yeah, it scared the shit out of me.
Speaker 5: You know why I couldn't further the ones? Yes, I couldn't get into it. After the old lady died.
Speaker 10: Have you ever heard of astrom projection.
Speaker 5: Yes, is the out of body experience ors something.
Speaker 10: Well, I like to call them travelers. You see, these are people with the ability to leave their physical body and to travel to different places in astral form. Now, Dalton, he is a very accomplished astro projector. He's been doing it in his sleep for a long time. He has been since he was very young. And he's unafraid because he thinks they're dreams. And it's that very lack of fear that has led him to travel too far and to become lost, lost, lost where in a place that I call the Further?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 10: The Further is a world far beyond our own, yet it's all around us, a place without.
Speaker 2: Time as we know.
Speaker 10: It is a dark realm filled with the tortured souls of the dead, a place not meant for the living. That's where Dalton is. And the problem is that with this astral body gone, he's just left us with a physical body, an empty vessel. And there are entities that know this because they can smell it. That's why they're gathered around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was, Oh what's your name again? She's I love her. She's a great actress. She was in Uh, she was a kid, not Kadi Kingpin. You see Kingpin? No, Yeah, your your rent is Late Munson moeous.
Speaker 5: She has like that creepiness about her though.
Speaker 2: She totally does. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the character that they had, the ghost that they had in the first two movies was just completely otherworldly, like the Black Veil and it was like you find out it was a transgender or yeah, it was a guy who dressed up as the Black Bride and it's just like totally mind twisting.
Speaker 2: Like you know, like the demon that had the red face and the black like the black and red makeup. Yeah, initially I thought it kind of looked like I was like, really, he looks like Darth Maul, and so it didn't really freaking you. But when it went up behind that that one chick at the beginning or in the middle of the movie, and it was like kind of freaked me out.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The guy that's in that those movies, you know his name, he's in the Conjuring.
Speaker 2: Movies, which Patrick Wilson.
Speaker 5: Patrick Wilson. Yeah, he's a good looking guy and he's a great actor.
Speaker 2: I like him a lot. Actually this quite a few movies, and that he's been in that I really like. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Same, I have one last honorable mention and then I'll turn the floor over to you. Davey. Okay, Stay Alive. Have you heard of it? Have you ever watched it?
Speaker 2: Stay Alive?
Speaker 5: Never heard of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This could be nice. Sweets abashing back. I want to play mill you signed in yet?
Speaker 5: I'm here?
Speaker 2: All right, let's boot it up. The name of this game is Stay Alive. We don't know much else other than we're not supposed to act. You guys feel that? Hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh what's that?
Speaker 2: What's that? Damn?
Speaker 9: I man, she got me some some some woman.
Speaker 2: Man hires somebody out there? No, who you talking to? Man? You play the game too long, you know, you start seeing stuff. Hello, Nor died the same way he died in the game. It can't just be a coincidence. I think you're right serious, man, listen to yourself. Don't you get it down. If you die in the game, you die for real. Is that the one where it's like, uh, hold on, it's like a video game, right, Yes? Yeah, I remember liking it. I don't remember it too well, but I do remember enjoying it for sure.
Speaker 5: So that one is a ten out of ten for me and I the only reason I didn't put it in the list is because it was like a sleeper and nobody, like barely anybody ever watched it. And that was news to me because it's always been like my top five favorite horror movies of all time. And I started researching it for another episode that I'm going to release for Halloween, and it turns out that not only do they mention like Crowley and sex Magic and like all the it's Disney's only horror film.
Speaker 2: Disney did that ship.
Speaker 5: Disney's only horror film.
Speaker 2: I definitely got date.
Speaker 5: Is Stay Alive.
Speaker 2: I've really got to watch that again and.
Speaker 5: Think about it, Davy. It's the story of Elizabeth Bathory, right, I mean that ship and it had Franky Munaz in it. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That movie to me is like completely timeless, Like I watch it every single year like it's brand new, and it's like really so outdated. But I still love it to bits.
Speaker 2: But the whole video game thing is kind of outdated the way they do it.
Speaker 5: Right, Yes, yeah, that's it is outdated now. But what do you what? What are your honorable mentions?
Speaker 2: Problem be greater than honorable for me, because, let's face it, I am a little bit older, so I have classics that are up there for me in like my tops. Right, So I'm gonna say my favorite horror movie of all time is nineteen seventy eight Done is Dead.
Speaker 5: Oh wow? They yeah, how classy of you.
Speaker 2: Not my favorite movie of all time.
Speaker 5: But it's your favorite horror.
Speaker 2: Movie definitely, Yeah, definitely twenty out of ten. You know, it's just that movie. I've probably watched it about over sixty times. Realistically. I have the special edition five disc DVD set that was signed by George Rommeiro himself I met. I got to meet him at a fan expo, so that's definitely an honorable mention.
Speaker 5: So they've been like Evil Dead.
Speaker 2: Evil Dead is definitely up there because that that's actually the very first movie that gave me nightmares as a child, was Evil Dead. But now watching it now, it's kind of funny in a way.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not funny at all.
Speaker 2: No, the remake is not. They really did a good job with that ship. Was that ever scary? Mm hmm?
Speaker 5: Cabin I don't know why that just popped in my mind, but Cabin Fever.
Speaker 2: Cavin Fever is a good one. That was Ross.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh fuck him, I.
Speaker 2: Love man the Bear Jew, the Bear Jew from Glorious.
Speaker 5: Bastard, Glorious Bastards. But that some of those scenes, man, that's Quentin Tarantino. Yeah, I'm sure you have some other classics though.
Speaker 2: Besides Honorable there's another one called I believe it's yeah, from nineteen eighty one. It's called the Director's Lucio Lucio Fulci, Italian horror film director. Uh director, No, you're close, I was going there next. Okay, So Lucio Fulci directed a movie called The Beyond.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've never seen it the.
Speaker 2: I think the only thing you can find it on right now is to be It's on to B fucking wild horror movie, very visceral, very what do you call it, practical effects kind of thing like pieces of would go into somebody's eyeball and like pulling out and shit. Fuck yeah, all kinds of shit like that. Yeah. Suspiria directed by Dario Argento. Mm hmmm. That is also another apocalypse trilogy. No, it's called it's called the Witch Trilogy.
Speaker 5: That one.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's Suspiria and then there's Inferno and then there's uh a much more modern one called uh Mother of Tears. Yeah, all good movies. God, yeah, Dario Argento is great. So Dario Gento was known for what's called uh subgenre of horror called uh Giallo g I A L L O. So it's basically like Violet detective movies.
Speaker 5: That's why they're so brilliant.
Speaker 2: And yeah yeah yeah, there's even in a movie called Giallo directed by Dario Argento starring Adrian Brodie. Yeah, yeah, Argento movie.
Speaker 5: So since you said that, have you ever seen a movie called Splice?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Was that the one with it's got Adrian in it and like a red haired girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she had like these weird eyes.
Speaker 5: They make a baby using their DNA and like animal DNA, right right, right right?
Speaker 2: I did I think I did see that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that movie is. It's not scary, but it's very good.
Speaker 2: If you want to go to Dario Argento again, we'll go to a movie called Deep Red.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: It's another Jello film. Uh So. One cool thing that I love about Dario Argento is that he used a band for a lot of his movies called Goblin. They're an Italian progressive rock band, and they did a lot of the scores for his movies. I have a blu ray of them performing like three back to back concerts. Their music is amazing. But George Romero was friends with Dario Argento, and Dario agreed to release Donna the Dead in Europe as long as he could rescore the movie with Goblin soundtrack, and Georgia Romero agreed to it. So the European cut of Dona the Dead has like pretty much nothing but Goblin's score. Wow. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I just have to shout out mikey J from KGUP Presents right now because he's the one I had him on the episodes not out yet, but he's the one who said his favorite movie of all time was Suspiria, and then I had never seen it, so I had I had to go and watch it.
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I was like he had blown my mind with that answer, because I was like, what are you? And then I went back and watched it and I was like everything he said about it was true, Like it was like a work of art.
Speaker 2: It very much is. It's so colorful, the scenes in it, like the camera work, the fucking backgrounds, the settings, super colorful, vivid, beautiful, terrifying. By the end of the movie, Oh that mother Witch. Dude like, forget it. Maybe they did a remake of it, he said, crime And I finally watched it a few years back, and it's it's barely the same, it's got the same kind of concept, but it's still pretty fucking good. I gotta say it really fully worth a watch. Yeah, because I've watched The Spiria so many times before that, so I was like, really, they remade Suspiria, how the fuck is that gonna work? Right? And I watched it and they did a really good job.
Speaker 5: Okay, so but I I obviously will watch the remake, but I'll just say off of the only one that I've seen, which is the original, it was great.
Speaker 2: It's really good. And we didn't it also Goblin Goblin did the score of that movie too.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, so you know that.
Speaker 2: Witch h so good.
Speaker 5: We didn't even mention the Ring.
Speaker 2: The Ring. I was, okay, I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: Of my childhood, though obviously I grew up in different times, but yeah, it just came into my head because I was like, oh, the Ring, And then I.
Speaker 2: Think I think for me, the old fucking horror movies are scarier.
Speaker 5: What about like Body Snatchers, Oh, the the.
Speaker 2: First, the first remake with Jeff Goldblum, and that was don so good. Yeah, so good. Yes, especially the end with Donald when you don't expect it. Donald Southern was like, dude, so disappointing but so terrifying.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen Oh, we didn't get into fucking David Cronenberg, who's have you ever seen? Okay, so a big movie that he did, The Fly with Jeff Goldblum.
Speaker 5: Love it, Love it, Love it.
Speaker 2: That was David Cronenberg who directed that. So you're gonna want to go back and look at David Cronenberg's older movies like Shivers. Shivers is really good.
Speaker 3: Rabbid Scanners, I love all the titles are I have I have a Criterion Collection DVD of Blu ray of Scanners, and that movie is about like.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like in the future a little bit where people have these psychic abilities where they could basically like fucking make somebody's head explode from just like looking at them. Yeah. So there's this one bad guy played by Michael Ironside and he's in a bunch of fucking action horror movies. And he's the bad guy and his name is Revick, right yeah, And so there's this other guy, he's the good guy, and he's figuring out that he's a scanner. He can read people's minds, do telepathy all that shit. But Revick wants to hire all these fucking scanners to be on his side, the evil side, whereas they're running from him and trying to get away from him because this guy like cauld just look at you and go fucking make your head explode. Right, yeah, it's fucking cool movie, dude. And they did Scanners two and three and Ship but they were shitty. But the first Scanners is amazing.
Speaker 5: I have so you literally have to remember all these titles, so I'll just go back and re listen to the episode. Anyways, but like six different movies and I'm like, wait, what.
Speaker 2: In one shot? Right? Yeah, yeah, David Croneberg is amazing. As there's another one. He did video Drome and it had Debbie Harry in it from Blondie.
Speaker 5: She was in a movie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was a great fucking movie. Video that's Video Drome. And more recent one he did well like early two thousands was i'ld say more recent. Twenty years ago, Jude Law and Jennifer Jason Lee called exist Ends where they have their video game designers and they have a they call it a biopod. So you sucked the biopod and you stick in your belly button. It attaches to you and you're in a virtual reality game. You can't tell the different. Yeah, it's so fucking.
Speaker 5: Fuck off.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 5: You're blowing my mind right now, because like obviously the generation gap, we have a lot of stuff in common that we like too. Sure, sure, And now I'm thinking of like any possible ones that we might be skipping over, and like our listeners are going to be like, you assholes, didn't even mention, and then we'll be like, ah, fuck we forgot. Can you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, there's so many that's the.
Speaker 5: Problem I'm talking like that are cult classics, like the ones we were talking about earlier, but like we watch them every year and we don't even really think of them as like these are classics, but they're classics.
Speaker 2: To me, a cult classic would be like the Toxic Avenger. Have you seen the Toxic Avenger?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: So this is a trauma movie and a lot of trauma movies are called classics. They have Monster in my closet. Uh, surf Nazis must Die. Uh fuck you name it? These a sergeant, Kabuki man nypd. Uh. There's so many, but the Toxic Avengers. They are totally goofy, and Toxic Avenger itself is goofy. But it's a must watch. I put this movie on at parties and people would love it. This mop boy named uh Melvin, Melvin, Yeah, Melvin, yeah, Melvin. So he gets teased by this fucking like basically a group of murderers that run people over and take points of like which people they run down. They all his handicapped kids boom kill him and then they keep points of it. Right, it's crazy, And then they tease Melvin the mop boy, and he ends up running out of the fucking window at a gym and landing into u a barrel of toxic waste. Running home, he's like, he's all fucking like distored, and ship sits at the bathtub, gets out of the bathtub and transforms into the Toxic Avenger. He's got one eye up here, one eye down here. You know, fucking ood, it's awesome, And he ends up becoming like the town superhero, right, so he just mops up the bad guys. He's still got his mop. He's wearing a fucking two two that they killed a man. It's amazing, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: I might pass on that one.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you have to see the Toxic Avenger.
Speaker 5: But it's on the bottom of my list.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm give me a break, dude. It's classic. It's the eighties, classic eighties slock. It's great.
Speaker 5: There was a movie I watched with my mom all the time, and it might be another sleeper movie, but hi, Kevin Bacon in it, and he's like prophetic dreams of where this girl was buried in his town of Echoes.
Speaker 2: Really good fucking movie. I watched out.
Speaker 5: Really really scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really good man. And they had a fucking cover of painted block on there. Yes, Yeah, that was a great movie.
Speaker 5: All right. So before we wrap up, I gotta ask you a question, which is, do you feel like there's a little bit of truth in most horror movies even if we can't find this story for it?
Speaker 2: I agree one hundred percent. If it it comes from the mind of man, which all these movies do, then there's some truth in there. You know, absolutely any and that goes to that goes without saying about like other kinds of quote unquote mythological movies. I think there's a huge there's a very fine line between mythology and reality and fact in fiction, right, fiction and nonfiction, very fine line, like if you can will it into existence on a page which goes into a movie format, it could exist. I think there's a reason why we call psychics mediums, right, because their imagination is coming forth into reality. Right. So I think it's very very, a very very fine line between the two.
Speaker 5: I absolutely agree with you, and of course we are besties, so I'm glad that you agree to come on and talk to me tonight and this will be an excellent Halloween episode. But go ahead and let everyone know where they can listen to the red Pill Cartel podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, first and foremost, you can go on to my Instagram at red Pill Cartel Podcast one word, no wonderscores, no nothing. You can find the link in my bio to the show, which will connect you to either Spotify, Apple what are those little ones called again? Yeah? All like all that shit. Yeah, you'll find me pretty much anywhere and I'm looking for feedback, I'm looking for reviews, I'm looking for direct messages if you want to come on the show. And it's basically just a spot that you can hang out, where you can feel a little bit less crazy because I'm crazy too, and we can connect with each other. So that's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: And that's how our beautiful friendship started because we both just spout off at the mouth and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and whoever wants to get out of our wave. You know, That's why I call myself Davy Wavy. It has a has a history. You know. Max girlfriend's kid was autistic and he used to call me Davy Wavy all the time, and I hit a soft spot for me, right, and I kind of incorporated that with the whole spirituality vibe, like the wave thing, the wavelength energy wave, right, so.
Speaker 5: And everything and everyone is made of energy. So when you can connect with that's the people who are on your same wavelength is a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: It really is, truly.
Speaker 5: But thank you so much Davy for coming on.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's a pleasure. This is like my favorite shit to talk about. And you snagged me for it.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you were the absolute first person that came to my mind when I was like I want to do like great horror movies, and I was like, Davy, that's who I need.
Speaker 2: You know what we're missing though. We could have had a fucking beef and cheddar from Arby's right now. Oh my god, I sat some Horsey Sauce on that ship. We're good to go.
Speaker 5: I'm an Arby Sauce person, but I agree. And to all my listeners, thank you so much, Happy Halloween, and we will see you.
Speaker 4: On the next one.
Speaker 6: You, sang amb