Speaker 1: Well, hello and welcome to the Minnesota Goodbye. This is a podcast about you and what you want to talk about. You choose the topic and you write in. You trying to do a different intro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it's giving. It's giving, not Dave Ryan.
Speaker 1: Let me try this one if I did my Dateline mystery like yaya whatever, Okay, welcome to the Minnesota Goodbye. Where you get to choose the topics. If you want to write in and tell us what you want to talk about, that would be great. Now that's kind of like that guy with the wrinkly face and the white hair.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm talking It needs to be a little more cryptic sounding, though, if it's dateline or whatever else, Like it sounded a little more like a mixture between Dateline and mister Rogers, like you were too friendly in it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll try to be more of a dick than Yeah, I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You just said you gotta sound more mysterious.
Speaker 1: Now, work on it, all right, you we go, Dave, Jenny Bailey Vant good afternoon. I wanted to write in and say had a great time at Bailey's birthday bashy on Thursday evening. Was so fun to meet Dave again and meet the rest of you for the first time. You were all so gracious and accommodating and letting my cousin take pictures. So big thanks to that. Shout out to vont who made a video with me for my partner who's currently in Puerto Rico. Luis thought the video was funny, but mentioned that Vaughan forgot about bringing back some mo fungo.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what's that? I don't know, I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay. I hope there's a big bash for Dave as well next month and listeners will be invited. Then you can start planning for Vaunt's next birthday. I'm sure he's already counting down the days. Oh and I just heard the replay edition of you all getting fired by HR managers and I died laughing. I'm glad my HR role never involves employee terminations. You were all awesome. I have a great weekend, not darting or licking, but I might be calling HR staff writer Annie from Roseville. We just had the best time at Bailey's birthday bash. I'm gonna be really honest with you. When I first walked in, there was nobody there. Yeah, And for the first like half, like fifteen minutes or so, I thought, oh, this is not looking good. But then I started talking to somebody and it looked up and it was full. We had a very big crowd.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad that it filled up because I was there early because it was my party.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I got to be there early and.
Speaker 5: Set up and stuff, and my mom brought decorations, bless her soul, so it looked kind of nice. But I was so nervous because like the first people that walked in were people that I knew, and I was like, oh, I hope they're not judging me because there's no one here yet.
Speaker 4: And I'm so glad people showed up. So glad.
Speaker 1: It was a great party. It really was. I was very happy with it. And they gave us a big room. We had a pretty big room to fill up.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: And the brewery Forgotten Story is a vast brewery. It is the biggest brewery I've ever been in, by far, like three times bigger than your average brewery, I think. So when I first walked in, I saw a few friends. It's like, oh, okay, well where's Bailey, And I didn't see you. And then I looked down the hall and we were in a room, like a party room down the hall.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But within a half an hour, forty five minutes, it was full. Yeah, and the guys from the Jesse James Days were there and made night. They what made my night. That kind of was cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah. People were saying, oh, they were so chatty. They were so chatty, they had so much to talk about. But when I talked to them, they were not very chatty. So I felt awkward. I was like, I got to entertain these men.
Speaker 4: Oh God. But it was fun. I liked it a lot. I had a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we met a lot of cool people. So thanks for coming, Thank you for coming, Brook writes in It's Brook one of your p one listeners, which means like somebody who listens all the time. I'm all cut up listening to your current podcast from The Regular Show and the Minnesota Goodbye. So I've been listening to old podcasts. I am currently on the seven am hour of November fifteenth, twenty twenty three. You guys are playing an improv game where you described the plot of a movie. Then you acted out. I wanted to ask you if you could bring that back? Is it's hilarious? Isn't that the improv? The Sorry I'm Late? Game?
Speaker 4: Literally, Yeah, we just did today.
Speaker 1: That's why I did it because I saw this email yesterday and I thought, oh, that's a good game. Yeah, thanks, and have a wonderful week.
Speaker 5: It's called Sorry I'm Late. You can play it in the car on family trips. You can play it with your friends. It's an improv game I learned in improv class.
Speaker 3: Makes you realize that you kind of forget about the plots of movies you haven't seen in twenty years. Yes, because I had to like look up Super Bad, I was like, what is this movie happen? Followed all I remembered was mclovin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: Literally, all I ever think of is The Notebook, and I'm like, that's the only movie I can think of.
Speaker 4: This is the only movie that exists.
Speaker 1: So it's like, yeah, I can only think of Titanic. Yeah, sop, Hello Bailey and Crew. First off, Happy birthday, Jamison, your five year old garden touring bestie, says, Happy birthday. You're still his favorite person. This is from Anna. Anna. We met a couple of months ago because she invited us to go horseback riding up at her farm in Zimmerman. Yes, and you bonded with her five year old kid, James.
Speaker 4: It was so fun. He was so cute.
Speaker 1: The kindness you showed him when you came to our house to go horseback riding was so special to him. He asked all the time if you can come babysit him. On another note, I'm looking for the podcasts episode where you guys were talking about how long the pre battle and battle aka sexy Time, but I can't find that. I figured that since you uploaded the podcast, you might have an idea. Thanks a ton for any help you can provide. Hope your birthday bash was a raging success from Anna. That was the middle of last week, in about six forty five or so.
Speaker 4: Find it. I can find Oh.
Speaker 3: Man, I was gonna say it was. It was early in the show and then we.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking.
Speaker 1: Well, we were talking about and it was kind of funny. It came up out of nowhere and I don't remember what brought it up, but it was basically about for play and on the actual radio show we can't really get into like you know, like you know, like foreplay in the things that you do. So we were talking about how you when you get into the arena, the bed, you get into the arena, you have to like check each other's equipment and make sure everything is like all oiled up and loobed and inspected and you know, do a deep dive to make sure that your partner is ready for the battle. And we used a lot of funny euphemisms that I can't recreate right now, but it was funny, yep, and very accurate.
Speaker 4: So when was this, Bailey, I'm looking.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was two weeks ago. I don't know if it was just last week.
Speaker 1: It could have been, but I would say it was definitely during like the six forty six thirty five part of the show. Yeah, but thank you, Anna, and again thank you for having us up to ride horses. That was one of my favorite things we did this summer. Chow Rights in regular staff writer talking about ghosts from the last episode, have you guys ever been to the restaurant four pause in Saint Paul. It's in an historic building and there are a lot of spooky things that happened there. So it looks like the haunted mansion at the State Fair. It really does. They painted it all black for effect, and it is probably one hundred and twenty year old mansion from you know, from one hundred and twenty years ago, and it's a restaurant, and I think I went there many years ago. Yeah, And the only thing I remember about going there is we went with another couple. So it was me and my fiance at the time and another couple, and my fiance had a crush on the guy half of the other couple. And she wasn't really somebody who laughed easily, like if I said something witty, I would get like kind of a u and she was not, but she wouldn't laugh at my jokes. But this other guy, who was very handsome, and he was a cop, so he was very fit. Whenever he would say something mildly funny, she would be like, oh, And I noticed this through dinner and I afterward, I said, you got a little crush on Danny, don't you, And she's like, no, why, And I said, because every time he said something mildly funny, you would laugh. And I think that's how one way you can tell when a woman, and I don't know if it goes the other way, has a crush on you. Because there was a mom in our Scout group, so we would have parent meetings at somebody's house like once a month, and whenever I would say something mildly funny, this other mom would laugh like it was the funniest thing she ever heard. And I think it was because she had a little bit of a crush on me. This was ten years ago, when I was still moderately attractive, and I think that's one of the things, like a girl will laugh at a guy if she has a crush on him. Yeah, anything to that.
Speaker 4: I think that's true.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you might give more attention, but I'm not going to laugh at a stupid joke if I don't think it's funny, you know. But yeah, you definitely like have your eyes are locked on that person, and you're.
Speaker 2: Probably smiling a little bit.
Speaker 4: More than you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I feel like every I think it was the laughter and the touching of the shoulder or the knee. And I literally read that you're supposed to do that in like Cosmo or something when I was like fifteen years old. Like if you have a crush and a guy, laugh more when he tucks, and make sure to touch him whenever you have the upportunity so it knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the scout mom didn't touch me. That would have been awkward, and you know her husband was right there too, But yeah, I think sometimes that's a sign. Next one from Carmen, a regular staff writer. Good morning, Bailey's party was amazing and I'm so glad i went. I thought for sure my anxiety would get the best of me. Thankfully, Elia, it didn't. It's always great to catch up with you, Dave and bitch. Keep lifting those weights or I will tell your trainer to give you more burpies. Jenny Bailey Vant talk about some kind souls. Jenny, I really thought you were a lot taller, But girl, can you hold a booty class? I need a booty like that. Jenny and Bailey are both gorgeous and simply the sweetest people I've ever met. Now, vont there's something about you that is so calming and easy to talk to you and my husband said he would be your bodyguard anytime. Thank you all for sharing your lives with us and putting smiles on all of our faces. What's interesting is that Carmen. I've known Carmen for twenty years because we met on a station trip to Wisconsin Dell's and she has a boy Carson's age, so we kind of hung out together that weekend. Yeah, and Carmen does not strike me as any kind of social anxiety at all, because she's outgoing, she's funny. Yeah, she's got a great.
Speaker 4: Laugh, great hair, Yeah, what I expect.
Speaker 5: I had a vision of what she looked like in my brain, so when I met her, I was like, oh my god, No one looks the way that I think that they look in real life, which is no fun.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: So it was just interesting that even somebody who seems really gregarious and outgoing can still have anxiety and social anxiety. But for what it's worth, Carmen, you know what, fuck you And that's a joke. Well that's a joke because that's how Carmen and I talk to each other. We call each other bitch. I make certain jokes to her that are very inappropriate because she does the same thing to me. So I thought I share that one.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you that I found the podcast episode that had the Arena of.
Speaker 4: Love information back, Okay, tell me more.
Speaker 5: September thirteenth, the six AM hour. The title of the show is my Name's not Joanne, and we'll talk about it in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, my name's not Joanne. How do we get that name?
Speaker 5: It's it was like a oh, Joanne, I love you so much. My name's not Joanne. I don't know, Dave. It was something that we all laughed at.
Speaker 4: So I wrote it down, and that's the title.
Speaker 1: I just asked, you got shut What day was that again?
Speaker 5: Six am hour on September thirteenth, so weakish.
Speaker 4: Ten days ago, ten days or so ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, next one it says, don't say my name hello. I am pissed at the weather apps. Let me explain for the background. I've been listening since two thousand and five. I've never met Dave. I'll often say to my husband, Dave said, and he'll ing her up with Dave Ryan or Dave your uncle. Nine out of ten times it's Dave Ryan. So obviously I was excited to meet you all. I had Bailey's birthday on my physical kitchen calendar since it was announced.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 1: But then today my weather apps were saying severe weather possible strong winds, watch for large hail, and radar showed red during your event. Uugh. Well, I recently had my car stolen and now I have a new vehicle, so I was worried that if I go, my new car would be destroyed by hail. Come five thirty, nothing, not even rain. The apps lied. I didn't get to support Bailey on her birthday and meet you guys. I don't have a point except to say I'm really sad I didn't get to go to the birthday party and happy belated birthday, Bailey. That's weird. There was no rain or any of there was. Well, now there.
Speaker 2: Was right on the schedule.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of stuff, like I had had an event earlier that day, and so I was like looking at the weather and yeah, it was literally four to like seven pm, and said there was like a really high chance of rain. I don't know if I saw hail or anything, but there was supposed to be thunderstorms.
Speaker 5: Yes, And I thought that that might happen, that people would not come because of the weather, because I even had who are like, hey, it's supposed to be really bad weather.
Speaker 4: What's the rain. Likes the rain date or whatever. I feel like there isn't one. It's inside so right, And.
Speaker 3: I actually wasn't even positive if we were like inside for sure we or it was planned to be outside or not. So I think that's why I was looking at the weather.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what a cool place though, Forgotten Star really cool. Yeah, I did not have the purple Bailey's whatever seltzer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the seltzer. It was good.
Speaker 5: I had to buy it on the way out because I didn't have any drinks while I was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dad, did you know that Billy didn't have a single drink. She was so busy talking to people.
Speaker 1: I believe that. Yeah, no, we do. We get so busy one thing that I feel bad that there's nothing I can do about it, and I'm not complaining. But when we go to events like that, I want to mingle. I want to move around the room and I want to like go say hi to like this friend, or maybe I see somebody who came by themselves and I want to go, like say hi. You know, Like there was a woman named Barbie and she came by herself and I've met before, but I you know, I bought her a drink when she first came in because she came in and looked around like I don't know anybody, and I said, hey, come here, and I brought her into a circle of people were talking to and so I bought her a drink and we're chat chat chatting, and then I looked up a little while later and she was sitting by herself. And but my my thing was people will you know if they come up and they start talking to you, and that's great and we love that, that's what we're there for. Yeah, but then what people will do is they'll line up like another one will get behind them and then line up, and then that kind of roots you to one spot where you it you know, it's it's then it becomes like a meat and greet. Yes, And I want to be able to mingle and walk around and go say hi to like Bailey's mom who showed up and Ronda was sitting by herself part of the time, and I want to go flirt with your mama, okay, because you know your mom's kind of hot. I'd hit that. Now I'm trying to get a reaction out of you. Does that any reaction out of you at all? No?
Speaker 5: I mean, she'd probably be thrilled if you wanted to, you know, flirt with her a little bit, because she would also probab not know what to say, so.
Speaker 1: She'd be like, So I felt a little bit bad that we were rooted to one spot and I couldn't mingle around and go flirt with your mom. But I'm not complaining because people want to come up and say, Hi, Yeah, what am I gonna do? Say? I gotta go, thanks for waiting in line, I'm gonna go talk to somebody else.
Speaker 5: So right, and your line was kind of like a significant line. I had people talking to me the whole night, but it was kind of like they were like a little cloud of people. So I would see their eyes scan as I was talking to someone else. I'd be like, oh, I have to talk to that person, and then I would see somebody else, and et.
Speaker 4: Cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 5: I had some of my friends there too that I didn't even get to talk to. So yeah, that's fine, and.
Speaker 1: You know what, and sometimes that's how it is. It's probably like if you're like the bride or a groom at a wedding, yes, and you want to walk around and talk to everybody, Yes, but you know, if you really can't, then you'll won't get to say hi to your cousin April, who drove all all the way for Milwaukee to be there, and then you're like, fuck, April was there. I never even got to say hi to her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I had friends that were there that literally just got married last year, and they were like, this feels like a wedding.
Speaker 4: This feels like you're getting married and you can't talk.
Speaker 5: To anybody because and I'd be like, yeah, I know, isn't that well, oh gotta run hold on bye. So yeah, but I just made me think like, dang, I ever want to get married. This is exhausting. This is only two hours.
Speaker 1: I think a wedding day would really literally be exhausting. I really think it would, because you know, you get married, but then you're you're kind of on the whole.
Speaker 4: Day, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: And that's how I felt at the birthday party, obviously because it was mine. But I went home and I was exhausted because I was just on the whole day.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Next one, first time writing to the Minnesota Goodbye longtime listeners since August eleventh of twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Thanks for keeping track. Not sure if it's ever come up, but I'm curious how Bailey moved to Florida and worked at Disney. Was the move a personal choice? Was it move with a boyfriend? Obviously? I understand it's a touch if it's a touchy subject. Since I've never heard the story, no need to respond. Not sure if this qualifies for a staff writer sticker, but I would love one. If you're still doing those, thank you dart click lick lick. I would send you one, but you did not include your mailing address, so write me back. Include your mailing address. We will make sure that Secretary Breez sends you one. Tell me about Florida.
Speaker 5: I moved to Florida right after I graduated college, and I graduated college early, and honestly, I did not know what I wanted to do with my life.
Speaker 4: I didn't have like.
Speaker 5: Any like cool sweet internships lined up, because I feel like you hear about those all the time, but those are from the people who are like successfully getting them, and not necessarily the people who don't. So I did not get any cool fun internships. So I thought, you know, what would be cool and fun that I could do for half of a year, and so I moved to Disney World to work at Disney World.
Speaker 1: What a cool adventure, though, how did you work there?
Speaker 5: I worked there, So my program was like seven months long, and then I went seasonal and I.
Speaker 4: Worked there for two more years.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were there that long. Did you live there the entire time?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I lived there for my program, yeah, and then I would live with my friend as I came back for like three months at a time each year.
Speaker 1: And that is it the Minnesota goodbye. Thanks for listening.