Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go. Come on, we'll do this. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen ride running.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, good morning, everybody. Wakey, wakey, hands off snaky when he both hands on the wheel this morning. We got some fog to deal with this morning. For sure, be careful on the on the roads this morning. But I hope you're off to a great start to your day. If not, we'll see if we can do something about that. Okay, very very very busy on this milk Monday. And I'm so happy because I'll get to see all your bright, smiling faces this morning. Welcome back, hashtag Monday selfie. Chillie's gonna have that pin to the top of our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: And all I'm.
Speaker 2: Asking for you to do is drop a selfie of yourself on our Facebook page. All year long, Shell Federal Credit Union is asking you to picture the possibilities. I'm looking for a picture of you, and one of you will Rando be selected to win one hundred dollars today, just like that, just for dropping a picture on our Facebook page. Okay, let's pick up where we left off on Friday. Daniel is gonna go for win number three in the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Oh, we're gonna start talking about Marty Grog Galvis. Then I got passes for you Monster Jam. What a great weekend already in the books. We got one more for you on Saturday, so we're gonna focus in on Monster Jam this Saturday.
Speaker 1: We've got tickets for you in homeroom.
Speaker 2: Here's what you're first reminder tomorrow the deep Discount tickets sale nine dollars and forty five.
Speaker 1: Cents six am. Fifteen hundred tickets.
Speaker 2: These are thirty five dollars tickets that will be made available to you for nine dollars and forty five cents. We'll do that tomorrow starting at six am.
Speaker 1: The Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 2: We play every Monday. That's how you're gonna win your Busfest tickets. I've got ghost tickets for you at eight twenty Alternative income returns a chance to win one thousand dollars. Listen with a keyword right at around nine ten. Then you'll be entering it at the buzz dot com. And then I'm in one of those situations where there's a concert announcement today at ten, I am gonna give away tickets on Know the show will give away the tickets and then I'll try to get as close to ten o'clock as possible to make that announcement. Can't wait to see Alex's six picks. I know Chili was taken. Chili had a million pictures taken out at a monster GM. So we'll get into all of that today on the show. We are going to be very very very busy. Grammy wrap up page I see is going up on links and guests looking at girls, crazy criminals, and I don't think there was crazy criminals today.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex, how you looking over there? I know you got a lot of work in this morning. Do it all right? You ready to get into this? Do this? Okay? I don't see many chances of rain.
Speaker 2: It's about sixty four degrees out there, but the fog is something that we're going to be talking about this morning. We get we can get the highest like four or five o'clock today, we can see high leve around seventy eight degrees, maybe eighty. All right, let's go. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good morning Rod, Good morning Home Room.
Speaker 3: The suspect accused of opening fire and injuring a man at Pasadena Memorial High School over the weekend has been identified. Eighty three year old Dennis Irwin Brandle has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon. That shooting occurred at the high school during a banned competition on Saturday, and an off duty cop and a parent tackle the suspect and brought him to the ground. Branda was not given bond and he is currently awaiting transfer to the Harris County Jail. President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Saturday that's going to put tariffs against Canada and Mexico into effect tomorrow. The orders imposed a twenty five percent tariff on the two countries in a ten percent tariff on goods from China. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced that Canada is now going to impose a twenty five percent tariff of its own on one hundred and fifty five billion dollars worth of goods from the US. The US Chamber of Commerce criticized the tariffs over the week in saying that quote it won't solve any problems and will only raise prices for American families. President Trump is set to speak with Trudeau and Mexican leadership this morning. There's a way to make your Super Bowl party cheaper this year. All you gotta do is add a little bronc we ride.
Speaker 1: Oh really.
Speaker 3: An annual report found that the overall cost of the Super Bowl party for ten people is one hundred and thirty nine dollars, the same.
Speaker 1: As last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is like how you can have your Thanksgiving dinner for fifteen dollars if you just pretend that food is there.
Speaker 2: The people that put these together, I don't want to party with them. Yeah, they seem like the worst. Their parties and holiday celebrations sound terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they say a lot of the most popular items like wings, beer, wine, and avocados are gonna cost more than they did last year. I feel like that's the same case every year. And they say that things like celery, broccoli and cauliflower will cost less. So if you want to say money, just that, I'm sure everybody's gonna want to come over to your house if you have celery, broccoli and cauliflower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come to my veggie spread.
Speaker 3: I've got all this great stuff because you're gonna love the cauliflower we have.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Wealthy singles are paying one million dollars for a new match making service. The California based Million Dollar match Making is trying to help the rich find partners. The company offers a three day rule, It promises high end services, and it costs a million dollars. On a million dollars, how desperate are you? You got a million dollars you get to spend to find a mate. Those willing to pay for the high price that are gonna get unlimited matches and a three person personalized team that's going to help the client find their match.
Speaker 1: That's just dumb dudes paying. That seems like it's just guys.
Speaker 2: Not one woman is going to pay a million dollars to be on that service, okay, but.
Speaker 3: A lot of women will want to be picked for these millionaires.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, he paid how much?
Speaker 2: So dumb rich dudes will be on It should be called dumb rich dudes dot com.
Speaker 1: They should have called it.
Speaker 3: That probably wouldn't have been his appealing, but they should have definitely called it.
Speaker 1: Dumb desperate rich dudes dot com.
Speaker 3: Behind the scenes, they're definitely calling it that, just not to the client's face.
Speaker 1: That's what we'll start calling it the big story for me yesterday. The Grammys were last night.
Speaker 3: They paid tribute to the LA firefighters and raised over seven million dollars for the victims of the wildfires.
Speaker 1: Some highlights from.
Speaker 3: The night Beyonce one Album of the Year for Cowboy, Carter Chapel Roone was Best New Artist, and Saint Vincent absolutely cleaned up. She won Best Rock Song, Best Alternative Album, and Best Alternative Performance. The Beatles and Rolling Stones also took home Grammys as well, despite like the Beatles not being abandoned.
Speaker 1: I know it's it's kind of silly at this point.
Speaker 2: I've always loved this song, and I know Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga. They won Best Pop Performance for a Duo or a Group with their big Song from the Year, but they did a cover of California Dreaming.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 1: One of the highlights from the Grammys last night.
Speaker 2: Chilli's putting together a full Grammy recap page, so he'll have that for you. Oh, Lady Gaga, Yeah, they're awesome together.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you got in sports? Well, the NFL Pro Bowl games were yesterday.
Speaker 3: The NFC beat the AFC seventy six to sixty three.
Speaker 1: This is just stats.
Speaker 3: This is not be being biased, but Eli Manning now has won three consecutive Pro Bowls as a coach, making him the greatest Pro Bowl coach of all time. If that doesn't get him in the Hall of Fame this week, I don't know what can.
Speaker 1: It is also Super Bowl Week now. Tonight is opening.
Speaker 3: Night in New Orleans, the event formerly known as Media Day. Players are going to take questions from the media. There's probably gonna be some weird proposal from somebody. Every Hispanic Weather chick is going to be there asking Patrick Mahomes who he thinks the hottest actresses or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: It's a side show, but it's gonna be a lot of fun. If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be? Yes questions with some real questions in there as well.
Speaker 3: It's gonna all start at five o'clock and you can watch it in an NFL network and then in basketball. Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna be up in New York to take on the Knicks. They're five and a half point underdogs as if right now. Tip off is at six point thirty and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: You want to do a show today, I would love to do a show. Let's do a show today. I mean, let's do a full do it, full on, full show.
Speaker 1: Let's go open up.
Speaker 2: These phone lines, Chili, let's go. I want to hear if anybody's up the hashtag Monday selfie. I'm telling you, I know it's just this little small thing, but I absolutely love seeing who's out there listening, and uh, it's one of my favorite things. So thank you to show Federal Credit Union for coming back with that chance to win one hundred bucks just for dropping a selfie. And I'd like it to be a current picture. So tell me what's going on right now? Drop a selfie? I mean, you know, get out of the shower, get dressed.
Speaker 1: And all of that.
Speaker 2: Then take the PA you know, sure, sure, uh yeah, get yourself ready to go. The most interactive show on the radio is looking for the first phone call right now seven one, three, two, two five Do we Go?
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Wakey, Wakey, hands off, snakey.
Speaker 1: Here we go, guys. I hope you had a great weekend. What beautiful weather we had. Man, it was awesome outside.
Speaker 2: Well today we've got really nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, but we have a dense fog advisory. So that's kind of the headline weatherwise. So cloudy skuys, But man, we could see highs of eighty degrees today. Kidding me, it's about sixty four.
Speaker 1: Outside right now.
Speaker 2: Hashtag Monday selfie is back. I want to see you guys on our Facebook page. Boom Okay, hashtag Monday selfie. It doesn't You don't have to do anything other than just drop a photograph on our Facebook page. Okay, Now, Chili and Chili only, we'll respond to the one and only winner. There are bad people in this world, okay. And I'm telling you if you get some kind of things like oh my god, you want but Chili will notify the one winner.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna win a hundred bucks today and then ask for credit card information, do not give it to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just getting ahead of it because I know that we've got people that are just bad people that that do things. There's not a week that goes by that I don't get hit up from some band over in Zimbabwe or somewhere on the other side of the planet, and they're like, hey, I heard that you'll play our music.
Speaker 1: You know, here's the money, or you know.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, you know I heard that you'll for money, you'll pay our you'll play our music on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's illegal. I get it's called paola. You can't do it.
Speaker 2: I cannot accept money to play songs on the radio. Yet there's people out there that have created Facebook pages with my face on it, and they're out there pushing these things and these pages look real. Been calling people less than smart because these pages look legit.
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 2: They go in there and they grab all my photographs and everything and they say, hey, yeah, well you know, hit me up and the you know, we'll we'll play you on the you know, and they set up a whole schedule like here's what it costs, and it's gonna get you this many spins.
Speaker 1: There's just bad people out there. I can't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: I keep I keep sending it to Facebook and they're like, no, they're not doing anything wrong. I'm like, it's not me, and yet they're they're giving us a hard time about Arbace.
Speaker 1: It's a picture of a thong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dare you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's it's frustrating.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking forward to the Monday selfie thing. Thank you to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union. So the selfie thing's going on all morning. I got Daniel going for win number three. I'm gonna give away a four pack of Marty Graug Galveston passes. We're gonna start giving away some Marty Graud galves and stuff. I will be down there this year. Brett Michaels is on the main stage, so I'll be down there.
Speaker 1: He is fun. He is he's the nicest guy in the world.
Speaker 2: Met him a couple of times, and he puts on a hell of a fun concert. Let me tell you that Monster Jam was awesome this weekend. It was so great to meet so many of you. I'll talk to Chili later to see what he's doing. He's he got a million pictures from Monster Jam, but I know you guys sent in a lot of pictures as well. We got one more show on Saturday, and we'll.
Speaker 1: Have tickets for you now.
Speaker 2: The deep discount ticket sale, the nine dollars and forty five cent tickets sale will be tomorrow morning at six am, we'll put fifteen hundred tickets on sale, so you'll you'll have to get in.
Speaker 1: On most.
Speaker 6: It's that time for the first phone call.
Speaker 1: In the today Texas Hammer Game at seven twenty. And now I got Kaylin to deal with. Good morning, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Hey, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you all so great?
Speaker 2: It looks like you're getting the first phone call today. How would you like to get us started?
Speaker 8: I just wanted to call and say good morning, Tell everybody that I love the show. I'm just here at work right now.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 8: Just listening to you, I'm a security officer at a private golf course at.
Speaker 1: Magnolia and you already started.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I get to work at four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Holy conolly. So what specifically are you guarding at the golf course? Are you like at the front door, are you at the desk? Are you roaming around? Driving around in a cart?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 8: I drive around in the morning. I unlock our facilities, all of our golf shop, the restaurant, stuff like that. We do have guards to sit up front though.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not just you, there's other people on the compound. Yeah, yeah, because they'd be a little scary if it was just you. No matter who it was, they'd be kind of scary driving around.
Speaker 2: Now you're out there when it's old though, in the morning, right, Like it's got to be cool some mornings.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like yesterday morning, it was thirty six when I came into work.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You work on a Sunday too, Oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I work six to seven days a week sometimes.
Speaker 1: Goodness. Now, let me ask you this is it, Kaylin. Yes, would you ever in a.
Speaker 2: Million years think of snapping a photograph, taking a selfie and putting it on our Facebook page this morning because we are doing the hashtag Monday selfie a chance to win a hundred bucks? Is that something that you would play along with?
Speaker 8: If I had Facebook? I definitely would.
Speaker 1: Oh, no Facebook for you? You're smart?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Don't have any social media really that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, off the grid, that's gotta feel good.
Speaker 8: It less stress.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the fact that you now did you used to be on and quit or you just never did it?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 8: I used to be on it back when I was in high school. And then the older I got, I was like, no, I'm good like I don't like seeing all the political stuff, all the religious stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh, good for you.
Speaker 8: I don't like seeing everybody posting all oh, poor pitiful me kind of stuff. So I just got rid of it.
Speaker 1: Guess what, nothing's okay.
Speaker 2: You basically summarize my whole feed.
Speaker 1: This weekend.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, listen, Caylen, thank you for getting to started today.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Be safe out there, stay.
Speaker 8: Warm, Okay, y'all too, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, to not be on social media so free. But she's just like driving around in a golf car, just in a great mood all the time. All right, let me take a sharp break, let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending this morning. Then we'll get set up for the freshot of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 9: Ho Houston's alternative and teme at the rod Ryan Morning Shown the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good morning everybody, rod Ryan's Show. Welcome back for the weekend. Hope it was a great one. It's milf Monday. It's also hashtag Monday selfie. Dense fog advisory for you, set chance of rain, foggy, cloudy, skies.
Speaker 1: We can see eighty degrees today? You kidding me? Okay, dude, what's trending?
Speaker 3: Hashtag Monday selfie? Ever heard of it? It's on our Facebook page. Shell Federal Credit Union is giving us some cash to anyone that posts a to one lucky person that posts selfie, But everybody go to the Rod Ryan Show Facebook page post a selfie of yourself.
Speaker 1: George Stark. George Stark is a hashtag gym life guy. He's lik in the gym life. He's working on all right, he's working already. I'm not hating on that. Sarah Sullivan Jr.
Speaker 2: Sanchez Ashley with an eye lock Erica Villman. Oh, there's Eli, Eli. There's no way we sipping on whiskey smoking a.
Speaker 1: Cigar this morning. That's not today, that's not this morning. That unless he's just I mean, who are you in the rat pack?
Speaker 2: You're already drinking, Cassandra Jesse Jackson, Yeah, they're all on here. I'm Adam Jackson, Yeah, hell yeah, Reverend Thomas, Rob, Chris Lauren, these are all people that have already dropped selfies this morning on our Facebook page. So, like Alex said, one of you will win a hundred bucks from Shell Federal Credit.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be like them too. Just go drop herself. What else Grammys? Everybody's talk about Grammys. Did you see finally one album of the year?
Speaker 1: Dude, Here's what I was gonna say. Did you see Kanye and his wife walking the red carpets? She naked?
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you was she naked? That's what I There's some sort of but that she couldn't have been naked. I wouldn't let her.
Speaker 2: I think she was so Kanye and his wife that Bianca sendsory, I don't know if I'm saying about.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They walk the red carpet, she's nude. I mean, just everything's hanging out and they walked the red carpet. He did not get kicked out. Apparently he was just there to take to get his picture taken and then he.
Speaker 3: Left, well because he was not having sex with Kamala Harris. I don't know if you saw what else he was talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, off his meds. He was tweeting some crazy stuff this after this weekend, But.
Speaker 1: Uh, Grammys are trending.
Speaker 2: Bianca Sensori is headlining the Looking at Girl's blog page and then what.
Speaker 3: Else Groundhog Day, that son of a bitch puck Shaitani feil saws.
Speaker 1: Damn shadow. Six more weeks of winter according to the groundhog. But who trusts groundhogs these stays? Anyways, that's just try and I equified the buzz.
Speaker 7: Good morning, everybody. This is Daniel. You're a fresh out of bed head to head two day camp, Alex. I promise I know the name of your podcast. Who cares join me on Monday when I'm making a win Number three.
Speaker 1: Which is seven to one three still makes me giggle.
Speaker 2: Seven one three two one two five.
Speaker 1: If you want to play the game.
Speaker 2: Let's go call Chile now it's ninety four or five the Buzz All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the bus Boba Roach and leave a light up. That's the song there it is getting all new life all last year Jacobe had Carrie Underwood on that song and pop radio stations picked up on that and it just opened up a whole new world for POPA roach Man Smart Smart on their play Rise of the Roach Tour information on the world famous Well you can golog out of the buzz dot com. There's a concert calendar there, so yeah, you go to the mainframe. Pretty famous over there too, But go over there and you can get your tickets. Still I'm surprised there're still tickets available for that show. Okay, just again, just killing the time checking out all the Monday selfies that are getting dropped on our Facebook page hashtag Monday selfie for a chance to win some cake this morning, and I mean cash. Dense fog advisory today, thick out there be careful ten percent chance of rain high of around highs of around eighty today.
Speaker 1: Let's play a game.
Speaker 4: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Danielle, Good morning, r On, Good morning, Daniel.
Speaker 2: I hope you had a great weekend. It's hit the ground running here. You're going for win number three three.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're still a part of that whole past the gravy not knowing monster, Sure than I evan.
Speaker 2: Now they sure did, they sure did. All right, Hey, daniel are you ready to go here?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well it looks like you're gonna play Preston this morning.
Speaker 1: Hello Preston, how you doing, run?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Chili tells me, Oh yeah, I'm a little congested, but I'm still getting some fresh vibes out of you. You're a fresh fish, Yes, sir, I'm a fresh for the last two years.
Speaker 1: He's been trying for two years.
Speaker 2: Chili finally let him in. That's great news. Really, you're going with Kanye.
Speaker 1: Kanye was talked about it.
Speaker 2: Conny was as crazy as ever this weekend topic. Okay, hey, Preston, it's real easy.
Speaker 10: Could I do a little shout out real quick?
Speaker 1: I bet he's listening.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, I got a plug Big D's and I've known.
Speaker 7: Him for a long time.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to, you know, just give a shout out.
Speaker 7: To the homeboy who won back in what twenty twenty one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Big D's won the whole thing. So you're boys with him?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've known him for a while.
Speaker 1: No good people speaking of Big D. I haven't heard of him in a while. Where are you Big D? Big D's not being on the show in a minute? All right, Well, Preston, hopefully you've got some of that Big D in you that just didn't come out right. Hopefully you've got some Big D. I don't know. Let's just leave it alone.
Speaker 2: Just play as good as Big d. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I got, Preston Fresh, Preston, I got Daniel says he knows your podcast name. Now you're playing for Marty Grog Galveston Passes. I got a four pack of passes to.
Speaker 1: Marty Grog Galveston. Just coming up very soon. I'll see you guys down there. All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Uh, Nicole wrote some great questions for us. Nicole from Clay and Kiln.
Speaker 1: Nice. Yeah, she wrote great questions here here we go.
Speaker 2: Question number one, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: What bird does wile e coyote fail to catch? Daniel? Roadrunner?
Speaker 2: Road runner is a correct answer. See what he did there, Preston. He shouted out his name as soon as he thought he knew the answer, right right right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you didn't shout out.
Speaker 1: Your name right, not that time. No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Wile e coyote. Maybe that's old, right, Maybe that's it's an old cartoon.
Speaker 1: Roadrunner Wiley coyote kind of go hand and.
Speaker 2: And coyote roadrunner? Nothing, Preston, nothing, Now, Okay, you know who would have known that Big D. Maybe you don't have a big D in you. Clearly you don't have the Big Daniel. Here we go, Come on, come on, Preston, Daniel, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What social media platform changed its name to act? Daniel timed it out beautifully, Daniel Twitter.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, Dan brother, I think my connection was a little off.
Speaker 8: I could you were now you.
Speaker 1: Didn't hear it was the connection? I got it. You know who never pulls that excuse? Big D? Sure you know him?
Speaker 2: You don't even know him, Preston, There's no way you know Big D. Don't listen, any casual listener would know that Big D's Dmitrie all right across the Come on, you're laying it on way too thick now, okay, Preston, thirty days. I want you coming back here and doing it differently. Okay, you're right, I want you. I want you to come back, and I want to hear you taking some cuts and saying your name and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Prestin, we gotta say goodbye to you. Don't think you know who big deal is? Daniel? You want to play tomorrow? Yes? I knew?
Speaker 2: Okay, and I'm gonna give you a four pack of Marty Grog. Galveston Passes said tight.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Shows, Yeah, here.
Speaker 2: We go, ninety four or five, The buzz Stained, and right here Rod Ryan Show on this Monday.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. Welcome back from the weekend. What a beautiful weekend. I had a kid with the flu all weekend. Yeah, that did not sound fun. That's what I did.
Speaker 2: I went down, got to see a lot of you guys out at Monster Jam and then went home and then took care of a sick kid all weekend.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 1: It was so awesome too.
Speaker 2: You know, we went outside a little bit, but you know, you got a kid with the flu, you gotta sit indoors with them hang out. A lot of funk going around, that's for sure. Well, I hope you guys had a great weekend. You got six picks I do, Okay, can't wait to see them. Things that I want to get caught up today on the show one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the Wall. There should be sixty six squares taken as of right now, so we'll get an update on that.
Speaker 1: I want to talk Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: I left the mile of meat open for single dudes to apply.
Speaker 1: Did we get five quality guys over the weekend. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that coming up. I want to talk to Chili about where did all these pit party pass.
Speaker 1: Or pictures go. We took a million pictures.
Speaker 2: Out there, man, and everybody commented on our truck. Our truck looks as cool as it's ever looked. We got a good looking Monster Jam truck. You can see it on our Instagram. At rod Ryan Show, there's a concert announcement coming. I'm gonna try to sneak that in. It's supposed to be like right at ten. I'm gonna go the hair early with it, and I'm gonna give away tickets on no the show.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking of Monster Jam. I got Uster Jam tickets coming up for you. But let's talk.
Speaker 1: Let's hear from the champion.
Speaker 4: Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: This is Daniel, your fresh out of bed head to Head three day champion. Two questions, two answers. Keep bringing me some fresh fish. Join me on Tuesday when I make it.
Speaker 1: Win Number four.
Speaker 2: You have it, Okay, it was nice having some fresh fish involved with the game today.
Speaker 1: It's the funk that.
Speaker 6: To the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart and funny.
Speaker 4: Here, buddies, it's the funk that to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. So we got some fun facts for you.
Speaker 2: Boy. What's going on with Saturday Night Live right now? Fifteeth anniversary? That music special is phenomenal. That's out there, I don't know, somewhere. It's on some some streaming service.
Speaker 1: It's really really good.
Speaker 2: Then there's gonna be a big Saturday Night Live fiftieth anniversary party coming up in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Only one former cast member has never been reportedly banned from hosting Saturday Night Live ever.
Speaker 1: Again, who is that cast member? Chevy Chase?
Speaker 2: You are correct, he was just being such a dick to the casting yep, and maybe making that list. Bill Murray, maybe.
Speaker 1: He's come back, he's not as a host, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oddly enough, Bill Murray is the replacement for Chevy Chase. Chevy Chase is only on that first season. Bill Murray was his replacement up until a few years ago. No one could figure out how long the days were on Saturn, there are thousands of miles of clouds blocking the view. So now using data, NASA has this new spacecraft. They have solved the mystery. The length of a day on Saturn is ten hours, thirty three minutes and thirty eight seconds.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 1: Who I mean, Chili sleeps for ten hours. That's a whole day on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Chili sleeps ten hours, thirty three minutes and thirty eight seconds a day.
Speaker 1: He would do nothing but sleep on Saturn. He would never be off. He would never be awake like he'd wake. He would just miss every other day pretty much eat that one time. Oh yeah, would he?
Speaker 2: Oh Chili would only be active every other day and every other day. Okay, yeah, that makes sense. Okay, Chilli, you're Chilli. You were made for Saturn. So there's this send the boy to Saturn. Now there's this husband and wife duo Neil Marlins and Carol Black. All right, they're in the entertainment industry. They created them to the husband and wife duo created back to back, Growing Pains, The Wonder Years and Ellen's Sitcom.
Speaker 1: They created those three shows. That's neat.
Speaker 2: If you create one show, you're loaded rich they created three monstrous shows.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day. Wow, we make you look smart and funny, your buddies, It's the fuck That to the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I've got Monster Jam tickets a four pack with pit passes for this Saturday show. I know we just did two great Monster Jam We're gonna be back at it this Saturday.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll be in the pits again for this one on Saturday. It's February eighth.
Speaker 2: And by the way, tomorrow deep discount ticket sale thirty five dollars tickets going on sale for nine dollars and forty five cents. I got fifteen one hundred tickets going on sale tomorrow morning at six am.
Speaker 1: But to win a free four pack right now, it's your.
Speaker 2: Fun back where we talk about. What did we talk about on Friday?
Speaker 1: It's your fuck fat all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: This animal hibernates so hard you could juggle them without wiking them up. Seven one, three, two, one, two, five, nine, four fives. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash Hell.
Speaker 1: Juggle one over the weekend.
Speaker 2: And it's true, No, he did not don't juggle these animals, Hi Hell.
Speaker 1: Brother I good morning.
Speaker 2: Hell uh, listen, let's talk a little bit about Wall Street. How do you do on Friday?
Speaker 13: Gave a little back on Friday that that was down three hundred and thirty seven points. Well, kick off this morning at forty four thousand, five hundred and forty four bench mark ten year treasuries trading at a down fifty four to nineteen thousand, six hundred and twenty seven benchmarkteniar Treasury set a four point five to two percent in a oil stantus seventy four dollars forty six cents a barrel to the most active, the big studs, Amazon, Hampton and Cisco, the big dues Chevron, Navidia, and Sherwin Williams. On the economic count of this morning, we'll get numbers on construction spending for December, also auto sales for January. Right now, features are not looking too good on the downside. This term will favy around.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 13: Immagine this is having a many to director with the ram of James reported for the Lideline Show from Amy Jamestown, Santley. If I think I said definitely get doors or rock out with your stock.
Speaker 11: Out, Vimian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mentioned.
Speaker 6: We'll continue.
Speaker 11: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This program is are educational and informational services on the studs and does are based on movement.
Speaker 6: As reported by Yahn ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show, Angel, good morning, Good morning, Hey.
Speaker 1: Welcome board. How are you well?
Speaker 2: Good sir.
Speaker 1: We talked about this animal on Friday.
Speaker 2: They hibernate so hard you could juggle them and they wouldn't wake up.
Speaker 1: Now you shouldn't juggle them, but you could. What's the animal?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a squirrel?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, not too many of us juggling bears.
Speaker 2: Not that there's a lot of people juggling squirrels, but you act actually could do it and they probably wouldn't wake up. Dude, you're the winner. Congratulations. We're gonna get you a.
Speaker 1: Four package tickets to Monster Jam.
Speaker 2: It's this believe it or not, it's back again Saturday night. We're gonna get you a four pack of pit passes. I hope you come over and say hi, bring the troops over and get a picture and all that good stuff. All right, get there, We'll do all right, dude, Thanks for being for you to homeroom Man you rule.
Speaker 10: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeart Radio The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. That I think it wasn't the offspring on fun Facts before they paid def Leppard ten grand to use the agreeing. Yeah, yeah, they had to pay def Leppard to use that.
Speaker 1: I think it was around ten grand. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: I hope you're off to an awesome start to your milk Monday. You guys look amazing. Thank you, so many people participating this morning. My whole motto this year is get involved. So many of you are doing just that. We've teamed up with Shell Federal Credit Union. We've got one hundred dollars just for one of you today, just for dropping a picture on our Facebook page right there, hashtag Monday.
Speaker 1: Selfie is back. I love it.
Speaker 2: We'll bring it back for a couple of weeks. Here we have a dense fog advisory. We'll announce that winner at the end of the show. So we got this dense fog advisory going on. So that's kind of causing some havoc today. So the rec checks are a little longer. So foggy, cloudy skies. Ten percent chance of rain. We could see highs of eighty degrees. It's about sixty four out there right now. Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning, Rod, going home room.
Speaker 3: The suspect accused of opening fire and injuring a man at Pasadema Memorial High School on Saturday has been identified. Eighty three year old Dennis Irwin Brandell has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon. The shooting occurred at the high school during a banned competition, and an off duty cop and a parent tackled the suspect and brought him to the ground. Randall was not given bond and is currently awaiting transfer to the Harris County Jail. Officials have identified fifty five of the sixty seven victims from last week's DC plane crash. Over the week in family members of the victims held a memorial at the airport's runway thirty three, where the American Airlines jet was supposed to land. Then Friday, another air disaster happened in Philadelphia when a medical jet crashed into the ground. It was a lear jet that was in the air for less.
Speaker 1: Than a minute after taking off.
Speaker 3: All six people on the plane were killed and one person on the ground was killed by the crash. Another twenty two people suffered injuris injuries. In some lighter news, yesterday was Groundhog Day. The one and only punk satany phil saw his shadow, which means that we're in for six more weeks of winter.
Speaker 1: But do we believe this?
Speaker 12: Dude?
Speaker 1: He's a groundhog? How much are you gonna believe in groundhog?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: I feel like we get in and out of this day here in the South and it doesn't mean any right to us.
Speaker 1: I mean, I watched the Bill Murray movie yesterday because of it.
Speaker 2: But that's what I This is the theme song for Groundhog Day, now right, it's the alarm clock, right, Yes, it's a song that goes off every morning when Bill Murray wakes up. But now this song is forever associated with groundhog dest tody.
Speaker 3: A study shows that Phil isn't even the most accurate weather predicting groundhogs, so like he's not even the goat of groundhogs.
Speaker 1: He's only been right thirty five percent of the time.
Speaker 3: That's good baseball batting average, but not if you're a groundhog that's supposed to predict the weather. I mean, if you're a weather man and you only predict to right thirty five percent of time, they're gonna fire.
Speaker 1: You get out of here.
Speaker 3: Most accurate groundhog is Staten Island chuck up in New York. He's been writing eighty five percent of the time, and he didn't see his shadow, so he's.
Speaker 1: Predicting in early spring. He's predicting the exact opposite of the guy that we're all.
Speaker 3: I understand this, like, like, why don't we go to the guy that gets it right.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just the most famous guy. There's a Dunkirk Dan. Dan's a cool name, Dunkirk Dan right outside of Buffalo, And I don't know what his percentage is, but it seems like everybody's better than PUCKSATONI Phil.
Speaker 3: So dating back to eighteen eighty seven when this whole tradition began, Punksatani Phillis where they did a long winter one hundred and eight times.
Speaker 1: I think he just likes winter.
Speaker 3: I think he just yeah, he's just like whatever, dude, it's my time because he gets the sleep.
Speaker 1: WoT. Yeah, he used to take a little little time off. The fire aid benefit concert happened last week.
Speaker 3: But we learned over the weekend that ninety of the firefighters that were there were there thanks to Kim Kardashian. Kardashian purchased floor seats for firefighters that had previously been incarcerated. Kim said, quote, these firefighters have all come home and all want to continue serving their community. Due to bills pass, these guys can now get their sentences reduced and their records expunged for their fire service. When they come home, they're gonna be able to get six figure salaries working for these departments. Kardashian has been a huge advocate for trying to get higher wages were incarcerated firefighters.
Speaker 1: So, you know, we hate on her a lot on this yet and this is a positive thing.
Speaker 2: She's a punch fline. People roll their eyes they hear the last name Kardashian. But there's some good things that she does.
Speaker 3: Good for people that have been in jail, that have been trying to get back on their feet, and so this is this is a great way to to you know, let's give us some props here, guys. Billy Corgan is launching a new podcast. It's called The Magnificent Others, and we've bought of Bill Maher's Club Random Studios. It says he's going to talk to artists, entrepreneurs, scientists and musicians like Gene Simmons, Pat Benattar and Tom Morello. But I think he should really just hang out with Bill Burr and figure out if their dad was really.
Speaker 1: The same guy.
Speaker 3: That could be the entire premise of a podcast that I would listen to every week.
Speaker 2: Which is leading me to believe again with him the announcing him announcing a podcast, that it was a stunt. The whole thing with Bill Burr was absolutely a stunt that we all just jumped in on.
Speaker 3: First dad was a dentist. He said it like fifty times on his podcast.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Then that's just happened. And now he's launching this podcast. It's gonna debut officially on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: It's done good for Burr, It's it's done good for Howie Mandel's podcast.
Speaker 1: Most people didn't even know how he was doing.
Speaker 2: A podcast, you know. And then it's gonna help Billy Corgan, so probably will. That's what they do to.
Speaker 1: Us, Old Baldy, he's got us again. Cannot believe these celebrities ever got us again? All right, what do you got? The NFL Pro Bowl games were yesterday.
Speaker 3: The NFC beat THEAFC seventy six to six sixty three. The NFC, by the way, was led by head coach Eli Manning, three and zero in Pro Bowl coaching.
Speaker 1: It's pretty great.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe how little my interest was. I watched in the flag football, all of it yesterday. I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 1: They had tug of war.
Speaker 3: They had a punt competition that went to like double overtime. That was kind of cool. They had to punt like accurately into a thing, and they had a cornerback and a fullback do it first, and then the punters went.
Speaker 1: That was kind of fine. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't get into it. I hate to crap on it. I get it, it is what it is. But it is such a letdown coming off of the AFC Championship Games, which obviously I'm still destroyed.
Speaker 1: Think about it. The build up is so huge, and then you finally figure out who's in the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl that's in two weeks, you have this nonsense thing that happens in the middle nonsense. The build up is huge, then you have to me this nothingness waste of time, and then the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: It just I mean, do you not let don Does it not mean anything to you that Eli Manning is now the only two time Super Bowl MVP, two times Super Bowl winner, and three time Pro Bowl winning coach. Like, that's the only time anyone's ever done that in history.
Speaker 1: I'm done. Where if I there that that happened, nor on this.
Speaker 2: Planet is on Eli Manning's teat like you, it's historic, And I mean, I'm going to riot this week if he does not get into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: But like, how does this not cement his legs? He's getting in? He better get it all right? What else? It's Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Week, which means tonight is opening night in New Orleans the event formerly known as Media Day.
Speaker 1: Players are going to take questions from the media.
Speaker 3: You can watch this beginning at five o'clock on NFL Network and then in basketball, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna be up in New York to take on Nick's. Rockets are five and a half point underdogs in this one. Tip offs at six thirty. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in.
Speaker 9: Sports The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five. The buzz system of a down and aerials. Well, welcome to the seventh spot.
Speaker 2: If you're carrying over from home room, thank you, or if you're just joining us. We got a dense fog advisory. Hands off your snakey, wakey, wakey, all right, there's really nothing over a ten percent chance of rain to worry about.
Speaker 1: It's just the fog is what we're worried about this morning.
Speaker 2: It seems like a lot of people, I mean, I agree with Christina Cruz.
Speaker 1: It seems like there's a lot of people out there on the roads right now. So be careful. Cloudy's guys to deal with today.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be another warm one moment hies of about eighty degrees at sixty four out there right now. I hope you had a great weekend. It seemed like everybody was outside. It was beautiful out there. I want to thank each and every one of you that came by to say hello to us in the pit party. We were out on Saturday and we just met so many of you coming through and taking pictures and we're signing stuff and bringing the kids.
Speaker 1: Through and everything. Thank you guys so much. It's always fun.
Speaker 2: A lot of the people that we gave tickets to said, hey, this is you gave us these tickets, That's why we're here, So that always makes me feel good. And then it's the people that get in on the cheap tickets that say, listen, this is expensive. You know, we got to bring four or five people here at thirty five bucks apiece, and then you know you got to buy the popcorns and all the other things. It gets really really expensive. So the people that got in on the cheap ticket sales, that's really special too, and I hope to keep doing this. Thanks to Tom and everybody over at Monster Jam for making that happen.
Speaker 1: Tom's the coolest dude ever. We're going to do one more.
Speaker 2: Of those deep discount ticket sales tomorrow for this Saturday's Monster Jam. We got one more show here, The Rod Ryan Show Monster Jam Truck will be performing. I hope it does a little better. I know there was some mechanical issues with the truck. It looks cool, just didn't really perform well from what I'm hearing. I had to get out of there. I was dealing with a sick kid, so we couldn't stay. But if you have any video of the truck in action, I'd love to see it, because I haven't seen much. But we'll have deep discounted tickets on sale tomorrow morning for this Saturday show, and hopefully our truck gets its act together. Nine dollars and forty five cents. These are thirty five dollars tickets. We have fifteen hundred of them going on sale at six am tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So that's happening.
Speaker 2: There's a concert announcement happening at the end of this show today. I'm gonna try to like, maybe you're gonna kind of hedge that a little bit. I'm gonna give away tickets. I know the show I'll give away tickets to something that I'm going to kind of announce right before Jeremy gets here. Okay, one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. Well, there's sixty six squares taken. You do the math, that's what's left. The will be one hundred of you when it's all said and done by the end of this week. That's your chance to win five hundred dollars per quarter, and then five hundred dollars on the end of the uh at the score at the end of the game. And then, Alex, would you get into I didn't get a chance to look at your six picks yet, I will.
Speaker 1: I mean I looked at the milf.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Oh yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: Your pictures are up. Pictures are up. Are there some baby l pictures in there? She is in two of them? Two of your six picks?
Speaker 6: Are there?
Speaker 1: Monster jam pictures in your sixth ones? Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, man, I had it like that's what I did this weekend.
Speaker 1: Be okay, that was a big thing this weekend. And then speaking of.
Speaker 2: Picture, so Alex is on links and gas, I'm directing everybody over to our Facebook page. I see it's still trending just because so many of you are dropping photographs. Sobody people out working this morning. That's great. There's so many people working out. There is some Monster Jam pictures, there's all sorts of things. Uh, it's so fun for us to see you guys in the morning. Hashtag Monday selfie Shell Federal Credit Union. We're gonna give one of you guys one hundred dollars by the end of the show. All I gotta do is just drop a selfie on our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's easy. It's easy. You know what else is easy? Call May how to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's that easy. It's not easy for me. But some of you really know the song lyrics. You know the title of the song. The Texas Hammer is going to be spitting some lyrics coming up after the break. I'm gonna have you call in now. I'm gonna have you get with Chili. Get in the cue with Chili now seven one, three, two, two, nine four five.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is for Buzzfest tickets. If you want to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 1: Call us now.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five buzz is just like the man said, it's the Rod Ryan Show. I hope you're off to a great start to your Monday, coming off a pretty beautiful weekend. Now we wake up and we got a dense fog advisory. So that's kind of what we're dealing with. But we are gonna have probably cloudy skies most of the day, low chances of rain. We might see eighty degrees coming up. You know, I want to get into the Texas Hammer Game. That's gonna be to win some Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: But first, dude, I can't even get through all the pictures. I keep going.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to like everything I'm trying to go through. I cannot get through a lot of them. Hashtag Monday selfie Picture of the possibilities with our friends Shell Federal Credit Union got a chance to win one hundred bucks just for dropping a selfie in my scrolling. Yeah, I saw a kangaroo in the mirror.
Speaker 1: I saw a kangaroo in the bathroom mirror, and the kangaroo.
Speaker 2: Is taking a picture of itself all jacked in the bathroom mirror.
Speaker 3: Now, what would you like to just mean that, like, I'm so jacked that I look like a kangaroo.
Speaker 1: It's tall. I am did what Jack?
Speaker 2: Di am?
Speaker 1: Like it came from your Facebook account. Yeah, maybe that was just me taking itself for this morning, but I see you every day. That's a rue, Jack, I've been working out, dude, You're Jack, but this is a jacked rue. I'm just tall like a kangaroo. I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: Everybody should definitely go check out some Monday selfie and add to it, but also take a look at that kangaroo and or maybe me or find the kangaroo.
Speaker 2: There's a million pictures up this morning. It's so great, So thank you guys. So obviously the rod Ryan Show Facebook page is trending. What else that's training milk Monday also trending.
Speaker 3: You Tisia. I'm not gonna try and say that. I know that's how you pronounce your name. But her handle is crazy Travel Junkie. That was submitted to us by Charlie from Willow Brooks and people are definitely taking a gander over at her this morning, and the Grammys continue.
Speaker 1: To trend this morning.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty much what everybody's talking about right now.
Speaker 1: That was the Beyonce winn An Album.
Speaker 3: Of the Year, Rolling Stones and the Beatles winning even though like they're old. And then also training this morning, Luka Donci which NBA trade happened over the weekend. Luca don Chis got sent to the Lakers for some picks. But everybody's saying it's a very lopsided, one sided trade.
Speaker 1: Like did they hit him in Dallas?
Speaker 3: Maybe he just wants out of Dallas. I get that, like he doesn't want out of Dallas. But go check that out. And those are what's trending. On ninety one by the.
Speaker 14: Bus, this is Jim Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to get myself in in there.
Speaker 14: Come on with Ron Ryan on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Then let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's play the Texas Hammer Game as we do every Monday around this time. Your chance to win tickets to Buzzfest May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Allen is up first. Hello, Allen, good morning, Good morning. How are you today? Very well? How are you awesome? You ready to hear the Texas Hammer spit some lyrics?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have ready, Okay, I'm gonna need the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, dude, Okay, so here we go.
Speaker 14: Can't love Tate breed, can't talk, can't sleep, but I can't seem to stay awake anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a lot of lyrics, man, Alan, name of the band, name of the song, Oh no, great two?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Goodbye, Brianna, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Brianna.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of lyrics here, man. I think it makes it easier. Let's take a listen to the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 14: Can't love Tate breathe, can't talk, can't sleep, but I can't.
Speaker 1: Seem to stay awake anymore. I can't. I just can't. Can't, Brianna. Name of the band, name of the song, Oh.
Speaker 5: Man, love mon is going completely blank right now.
Speaker 1: So you can't do it this morning. I understand, I understand. All right. That's uh, that's two down. There's a lot there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what song it is either seven one three, two two five if you know.
Speaker 1: Up before the team is ready to take the fields. Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five for the Buzz, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: That's of the Imagine Dragons and Natural Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone that's.
Speaker 2: Emailing me right now and telling me how easy this song lyric is.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's not or well, I mean it's easy to google it.
Speaker 2: Maybe you need yeah, or maybe you just need to call the radio station if you know the answer and uh and win these tickets today.
Speaker 1: Which, in my way mouth is I don't remember getting as many emails in the middle of the game saying how easy the song lyric is. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I still don't know what it is, but you know what, well, maybe we'll find out here this.
Speaker 14: Demian and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Games.
Speaker 15: Come on, Rod, even I know what the song is with Ron Ryan on ninety more than.
Speaker 1: Mister Ratler knows what it is too.
Speaker 2: I don't know all the songs they said that these lyrics are easy, and they're very true. Chuck, good morning, Hey Chuck. Are you there, Yes, sir, Chuck, Yeah, I can't you're there cutting out a little bit on me. Chuck, I'm nervous right now. All right, Chuck, just stop jumping around, put some tinfoil on your head.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen to this song clip.
Speaker 14: Can't Love can't breed, can't talk, can't sleep, but I can't seem to stay awake anymore.
Speaker 1: Chuck, what's the name of the band? In the name of the song?
Speaker 2: I think you got it, but Chuck, it might be my thoughts. I can't even get mad at you, Chuck, just spit it out one more.
Speaker 1: Time, please, three days?
Speaker 9: Great?
Speaker 1: What's the name of the song? So called night Nailed It? I heard that? All right, you got it, Chuck. Congratulations. Where you from? Where you from?
Speaker 8: Em?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's from Appareland, pair Lands. Okay, we're from some land. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Well I'm going to get you in and out of here, Chuck because your phone's.
Speaker 1: Cutting out on me.
Speaker 2: But I'd like you to come party with us at Buzzfest on May twenty fourth at the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: All right, awesome, thank you so much, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shuck, thank you so much. Yeah it was three days grace. Thank you to the Great Texas Hammer. Congratulations Chuck, everyone else, Hey, guys, Buzzfest. Man, it's just a party. It's just a big old party at the Woodlands Pavilion. Man, a huge party on a Saturday night, May twenty fourth. Man, I want you to all join us ticketmaster dot com to get your tickets.
Speaker 5: The Run Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 15: Four or five, The buzz can't love Kate Breathe can't talk, can't sleep, but I can't seem to stay awake anymore, four.
Speaker 2: Or five the buzz, I mean almost no almost no ban does it as consistently as three Days Grace, Just constantly putting out banger after banger after banger. Now with the both now with the two lead singers, that new track. They're up there in that shine down territory of just being so unbelievably consistent for such a long time, just putting out amazing tracks. So that's three Days Grace, and that's what the Texas Hammer was today, so called life. Thank you to the great Jim Adler, Mister Jim Adler for helping us out with that game each and every Monday. Busfest tickets, Well, we'll have tickets for you all week long.
Speaker 1: Next hour, I've got tickets to go see Ghosts.
Speaker 2: August sixteenth, Toyota Center Toyota Center dot com. You know that's where you get your tickets for all those Toyota Center shows. Alternative incomes back for another week. There is a concert announcement that's coming. It's at ten. They said that if I wanted to give away tickets, I know the show today, which we know is about nine p fifty, I'll give away the tickets and then at ten o'clock I'll tell you what you've won, and then we're gonna have these tickets.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. Alex is super.
Speaker 2: Excited about this show, so we're gonna have that for you at the very very end.
Speaker 1: All right, So Den's fog advisory. Be careful out there.
Speaker 2: I told Chili keep and I see that it's up on links and guests. It's still further down, but it's still active. We are still taking applications. I was hoped, I told Chilly. I said, dude promoted on Socials this weekend, winning five more five quality dudes for the mile of meat. We want to help you get a date on Valentine's Day. Okay, Twenty fellas are going to be on the road side on West Timer Friday morning, February fourteenth, with Alex.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Ok.
Speaker 2: Guys will line up at seven o'clock in the morning. They'll all be in the numbered shirts. The girls will drive by. They will convince us. I'm gonna get help that morning and that morning only. But I'm gonna get help that morning. Teresa said she's gonna come back for the mile of me, so she's gonna do the show with me that morning.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be fun. We're gonna set the guys up. We're gonna set you up on their date.
Speaker 2: We're gonna set you up on a date, and then you're gonna meet at Cactus Cove later that evening. All right, consider some of the alternatives out there, Alex. You're talking about a matchmaking service.
Speaker 1: From that millionaires.
Speaker 2: Million Dollar match Making promises to find you a soulmate in under a year for the not so low price of one million dollars after further review. They're only opened. No, they're only opening this up to three people. Did you see that.
Speaker 1: I did not see that part.
Speaker 3: Yes, So there you have a three person team on you. So they have nine people working at the company.
Speaker 2: Then yep, okay, get out of here, yep, get out of here. This was just launched and they're gonna they promised to find you the one for a million dollars.
Speaker 1: It's called million Dollar Matchmaking.
Speaker 2: They're taking on three clients total, and over a hundred people applied on day one. Last week, they're gonna take on more.
Speaker 3: Clients because I was thinking, I was like, this seems like something that like a rich guy is just like, you know what, I need to find a wife.
Speaker 1: I have a bunch of money. What if I did this? Yep? And then he only lets him and his two friends do it.
Speaker 2: So twelve months, the million dollars covers that your million dollars that you that you spend is going to cover the salaries of three people for a year.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're gonna get a dedicated recruiter.
Speaker 2: They're gonna fly all around the country to visit bars, gym's, concerts, and other spots to find your perfect Max.
Speaker 1: They're just hanging out that you're paying for them to hang out.
Speaker 2: They're not going to find your perfect So the dedicated recruiter is employee number one, well you.
Speaker 1: Number two is a matchmaker.
Speaker 2: They'll make sure that you're paired with the right people and they'll plant out your dates in minute detail so you do no legwork. And then there's a dating coach. They're gonna work with you and your date on things like clothing and hair and dating etiquette. If you get engaged in less than six months after the program ends, they'll toss in a three carrot engagement ring.
Speaker 3: This sounds like, yeah, so you're gonna do no work and then you're gonna be like, hey, I got this dating service to get you here. They're gonna tell us how to date because I am too dumb to figure out how to do anything on my own without having someone tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: Think of this, your puppet, Your being a puppet.
Speaker 2: What just off the top of your head, what is more pathetic than spending the million dollars. You go through the program for a year and you still don't find anybody.
Speaker 1: Tell me one scenario that's been pathetic? Die alone. Just accept it. I have a link up to this.
Speaker 2: I believe maybe I didn't send it to them because I think the whole thing is just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It is ridiculous. I don't even think I put a link up.
Speaker 3: Put a role legwork in yourself. Man, apply, we'll get you a date. Yeah, we'll do it without costing a million dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm not even charging.
Speaker 2: It's a free dating service. I will get you a date on Valentine's Day. Thanks to our good friends, over at BMP. Thank you Deb for partners partnering up with us and getting us the T shirt so all the guys will be numbered and looking good out there. So like Deb is like employee number three the coach.
Speaker 3: Our dating experts have said these shirts will help you get a match.
Speaker 1: Yep. So what we're doing is fresh. It's not too late.
Speaker 2: We're going to go through the applications today and it might come down today if we get our I needed. We needed five more quality dudes. If we got them over the weekend or they roll in today, then I'll take it down. So I don't know when this application is going away, but it's going away soon because we've got most of our dudes.
Speaker 1: For the for the day. Okay, links and guests.
Speaker 2: World Famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 5: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: It's green Days, Welcome to Paradise, rod Ryan Show. Den's fog advisory this morning. Yeah, it's kind of a pain. Lots of people on the roads. It's foggy. It's never a good combination. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. That's good news, cloudies.
Speaker 1: Guys. Most of the day. We'll see Hi's maybe eighty next hour. I've got tickets to go see Ghost. We got alternative income, we got a conturent announcement coming at the very very end of the show.
Speaker 2: And all morning long, we got the hashtag Monday selfie working on our Facebook page. Thank you to our friends over at show Federal Credit Union. Before we get out of here, We'll give somebody one hundred bucks just for dropping a picture on our Facebook page today.
Speaker 1: Thank you you guys. Look freak today too.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex Rod. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Well, The suspect accused of opening fire and injuring a man at Pasadena Memorial High School on Saturday has been identified. Eighty three year old Dennis Irwin Brandle's been charged with assault with a deadly weapon. The shooting occurred at the high school during a band competition. An off duty cop and a parent tackled the suspect and brought him to the ground. Brandall's not given bond and is currently awaiting transfer to the.
Speaker 1: Harris County Jail.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump signed executive orders on Saturday. They are going to put tariffs against Canada and Mexico into effects tomorrow. The order is imposed a twenty five percent tariff on the two countries and a ten percent tariff on goods from China. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced that Canada is now going to impose a twenty five percent tariff of its own on one hundred and fifty five billion dollars of goods from the United States. The US Chamber of Commerce criticized the tariffs over the week in saying that quote won't solve any problems and it will only raise prices for American families. President Trump is going to speak with Trudeau in Mexican Leadership this morning.
Speaker 1: That should be a good conversation. Super fun. I love Trudeau quit I thought so too. Maybe it doesn't go into effect yet, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how Canada does politics, nor do why they just do like a groundhog. There's a way to make your Super Bowl party cheaper this year.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is that broccoli.
Speaker 3: An annual report found that the overall cost of a Super Bowl party for ten people is one hundred and thirty nine dollars. I call bs on that neat the same as last year. They say, but a lot of the most popular items like wings, beer and wine, and avocados are going to cost a little more. They do say that things like celery, broccoli and cauliflower costs less than a year ago, So maybe add cauliflower, broccoli, and CELLI.
Speaker 1: Nothing says super Bowl party like, Hey.
Speaker 3: Fellas, I got all the extra salary you could ever want.
Speaker 1: Just a veggie tray. Come on down. Can you imagine.
Speaker 2: Walking into a Super Bowl party and jump right out vegetables walk out? I'd riot no thanks, No, I would pick up a handful of veggies. I'm across the room. I'd walk over to the wall and pull the flat screen right out of oats, steal the TV.
Speaker 1: And then go have my own Super Bowl party. I go, there's your veggie party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look a rabbit. No thanks, I mean I get it. Yeah, if you don't have any meats, it's gonna be cheaper. Duh, stupid.
Speaker 1: We just talked about this story.
Speaker 3: Actually, but wealthy singles are paying one million dollars for a matchmaking service.
Speaker 1: They got fun.
Speaker 3: Your base million dollar match making is trying to help rich people find partners. The company is gonna offer a three day rule, and it promises high end services and costs a million dollars. Is willing to pay the high price that you're gonna get unlimited matches and the three person personalized team that's going.
Speaker 1: To help the client find they're perfect match. Dude, one hundred people applied.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I don't have a million dollars, but like you're just don't be a loser and go out there and find somebody on your own.
Speaker 1: Man, one hundred people applied.
Speaker 2: They said they're only gonna take three and they're gonna work with them for an entire year to try to get them the perfect match.
Speaker 1: It's a million dollars.
Speaker 3: If it takes a year to get this and you're paying a million dollars for it, like you're paying too much. If you're paying a million dollars, Like, I want to find a match tomorrow, three people, it should be immediate. Get a three person team, so nine people work there. You mean, if you dangle out a million dollars in front of how many ladies, they're not gonna be like, you're not gonna find one that's like oh, I'll take it all right.
Speaker 2: I'm in well, not that I thought any of our listeners would apply. I don't know that I even said this over as a link.
Speaker 3: We got any millionaires listening, A few.
Speaker 1: Listen Mile of Meat. Let me some mind.
Speaker 2: We are not charging again for as many years as we've done this. We don't charge from Mile of Meat. We will get you a date. I will get you a date, and.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a great date. Now you're gonna love it. I don't know that you're gonna marry this person, but I'll get you a date. Though.
Speaker 2: I'm still taking quality applicants. This is just for the dudes now. The girls will have to do their part on Valentine's Day morning to go see the cutlets of meat that we put on the roadside. But I told truly keep that link up. We're still taking applications.
Speaker 3: The Grammys were last night and they paid tribute to the LA firefighters and raised over seven million dollars for the victims of those fires. Some highlights from the night included Beyonce waiting Album of the Year for Cowboy. Carter Chapelerone won Best New Artists, Saint Vincent cleaned up. She won Best Rock Song, Best Alternative Album, and Best Alternative Performance, and then The Beatles and Rolling Stones also won Grammys as well, for Best Rock Album and Best Rock Performance, even though the Beatles have not been a band for decades now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I didn't watch much of it.
Speaker 2: I'm watching some highlights this morning. There were some great moments, and I already told you about this one. Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga. They won a Grammy for working together for a Best Pop Performance. But then they went kind of rogue and did this cover of californ and You're Dreaming. Obviously, they turned the Grammys into a moneymaker or a fundraiser.
Speaker 1: So would they raised about seven million dollars last night? Over seven million? Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 2: Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga number one. They're both wicked talented. I've always loved this song. I thought they did an.
Speaker 1: Awesome job on this cover. I really do. I thought they did a great job. It's no Bob Seer cover, but it's pretty very well. That was the Jelly Roll on Friday. That was a good cover too.
Speaker 2: Jelly Roll did a show over the weekend and Shinedown came out and they did simple Man Guys again. They've done that before. Chili's got all this on the music blog page. There's a Grammy blog page up, so lots of stuff on links and guests this morning for you to get caught up on.
Speaker 1: The NFL Pro Bowl games were yesterday. The NFC beat the AFC seventy six to sixty three.
Speaker 3: Eli Manning now three and zero as a Pro Bowl head coach.
Speaker 1: Pretty awesome if you ask me.
Speaker 3: It is Super Bowl Week now tonight, it's opening night in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: The event formerly known as Media Days gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Players are gonna take questions in the media, and any influencer that got a credential end of there is gonna be asking him Steff as well. I'll start at five o'clock. You can watch it on NFL Network. We'll have all the highlights for you tomorrow on the show. And basketball Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna be up in New York to take on the Knicks. They're five and a half four underdogs in that one right now. Tip offs at six thirty and you can listen to the game on our sister station Sports Talks seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. I've been texting with comedian Craig Gas. Oh yeah, he's there. He's got it. He's I don't know how this guy gets everywhere, but Craig does all the funny voices. Now, going to take Adam Sandler or something with his impressions.
Speaker 2: He said, he'll be down there nice. He always gets a question in or two. I'm a big name player.
Speaker 1: Too, so I'll be looking forward to saying that. We'll look for his socials and see what he does down there.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative First, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Okay Stone couple pilots.
Speaker 1: That's one of my favorite STP songs. That's plush. Halfway part of the show, Peeve hut Dens Fog advisory today. So you got the fog, then you got the cloudy skies. But boy, it's gonna be worn today.
Speaker 2: We could see highs of around eighty degrees later on this afternoon. What hood beautiful weekend. Hope you had a great weekend everybody. Thanks for coming back to us. You look amazing. The Monday selfies it's my favorite thing, it really is Thank you to my good friends over at Shelf Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: One of you is going to leave today with.
Speaker 2: One hundred dollars just for dropping a picture.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Mandy.
Speaker 2: I know you're going to do your first physical therapy appointment. She had total knee replacement therapy. There's that kangaroo in the mirror taking a selfie.
Speaker 1: It's weird. It's weird. Yes, it's really really weird.
Speaker 2: Sean Flanagan, Stu, Hi Stu, Good to see you, Jennifer, Matthew Stout.
Speaker 1: That's a very funny picture. Matthew Christa Gray, great picture.
Speaker 2: I'm just going through all these right now. Thank you guys for it's good to see you. It's good to see you.
Speaker 1: In the morning. I gotta look at the twins. I saw the twins all weekend. What's wrong with that? I saw the twin. I saw the twins all weekend. No, I'm gonna look at them again. Okay, don't think that's a negative. So I get to see you guys up there. The hashtag Monday selfie. Just drop a picture. That's it. That's all you gotta do. Drop a picture on our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Chili's gonna notify one of you at the end of the show, and we'll get you a hundred bucks. Okay, Now, if you want to see what Alex was up to, millionaire, all.
Speaker 1: He does go out to dinner. Is that all you do? Is do we just go out to dinner every day? Oh, it's not all I do? Money, Yeah, you're going to eat every day.
Speaker 3: Well, no, our company likes to give us gift cards instead of money. So I used some of them gift cards they gave me for Federal American Grill and I like racked up a couple of hundred dollars and I treated friends this weekend.
Speaker 1: Which one you go to? One on?
Speaker 6: I ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun, it's pricey, but it's really really, really really good. The food is killer. It's so good.
Speaker 3: I got a Braze short rib and just like it might have been the best day I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 2: Federal American girls bad ass. It's badass. They got a great drink menu too. Get some fun drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get craze water. But like they I couldn't tell. I couln't tell HER's alcohol And it was so good.
Speaker 2: All right, So you took your wife. It looks like whole family win you. I'm looking at your six picks. So you guys went out to eat. My wife's birthday was Friday.
Speaker 3: It was Thursday, so we went Friday for to celebrate it, and we went with my family and then Emma's sister and ll.
Speaker 1: Right, and then you went out to eat again on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Saturday, I have my friend's Brandon Diane came into town and we took them out to the Federal American Girl.
Speaker 2: So I asked you when we were out at Monster Jam. I almost didn't recognize you because you wear a ball cap every day.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: You didn't.
Speaker 1: You weren't always like that, but I'm gonna say for the last couple of years you're a ball.
Speaker 2: Cap mostly ball cap guy. Anyway, every day guy. Here you are at Moster Jam with no ball cap. I don't even reckon. I'm like, who's Who's Shaggy from Scooby Doo Gang? Who's hanging out with us? He's like, well, no, I gotta go out to dinner after this. Were you tired?
Speaker 1: I wasn't tired.
Speaker 2: Man. I don't know what it is. I'm gonna ask Chili the same question. We're not doing anything. We're just standing there, we're shaking hands, we're taking pictures. Okay, we're not swinging a hammer, We're not doing anything.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is about that that Martian dust. I feel like anybody walking around on the on the dirt. It takes it out of me. I got home. I was exhausted. We didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: It's exhausting just smiling and taking pictures. Now, apparently that's the point I'm at with my life. Chili, How are you after a Monster Jam?
Speaker 1: Very sore? You were sore? Ye from being on your feet.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but mostly it's like lower back and my feet, you know, and my knees just.
Speaker 1: Standing on rocks and uneven and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I stand all morning here, So I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: There's something about Monster Jam, the pit party. I'm not complaining.
Speaker 2: Maybe it sounds like I am, but I'm not, because it's awesome to see all you guys, and uh, it's just wow. I was beat and I had intended on staying. We were going to stay. We had a suite and everything, and my kid was sick, so we had to leave, so we couldn't even get to hang out. Jessica was bringing the boys out and stuff like that, and I wanted to stay for the show and I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I was home with a sick kid.
Speaker 2: Jillie, you took a million pictures with your camera.
Speaker 1: What's going? What's the future of those photographs?
Speaker 10: So they were supposed to go on Facebook? Yeah, but I was just tired. I just showed that camera in the couch and I just went to bed and I didn't do anything that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little fella, I'll tuckered out. Oh yeah, stretch, Yeah, dude.
Speaker 10: All I needed was like a massage, and then, like you know, I needed a small day.
Speaker 2: Well, Alex was busy eating out everywhere around town, so he couldn't massage you. I was tending to a sick child, so I could not massage you.
Speaker 1: So that leaves you watch up priority straight out. Miss Christine is gonna have to do the massages over there.
Speaker 2: Choose there, all right, So maybe we'll get some pictures up later today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, once I get to the house and get the stuff out, I'm gonna put an album on Facebook so people don't check them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: First stopping by, We're gonna be out at Monster Jam. We'll be down in the pits this Saturday. We already gave away some tickets. We'll have four packs with pit passes all week long for this Saturday show. And then the real note here is tomorrow at six am, we will do our final deep discount ticket sale.
Speaker 1: Thirty five dollars tickets.
Speaker 2: I got fifteen hundred of them going on sale for nine dollars and forty five cents at six am. They'll be gone in twenty minutes. You got to be up early with us. You got to be in homeroom tomorrow morning. Okay to get the deep discount. All right, quick break when we when we come back, we'll find out what's trending. We'll get a rec check for you, and then we'll get you some ghost tickets.
Speaker 5: Rock and alternative fair use the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 6: Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back Everyboday.
Speaker 2: Hashtag Monday selfie. It's also milf Monday. That's our number one link today.
Speaker 1: Dense fog advisory, foggy this morning. Be careful.
Speaker 2: We've got cloudy skies now. They're telling me we could see highs.
Speaker 1: Of the eighty one today. My goodness. All lesson tickets coming up for you in just a moment.
Speaker 2: But first we're gonna check in with Alex as to what's trending. I'll start our Facebook page on fire Yeah, it's on fire man hashtag Monday selfie, thank you show Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: You guys are doing a great job. I love it.
Speaker 2: You guys are dropping pictures all morning long on our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Chili will only notify one of you. It'll come from Chili. I hope it won't be you. And yeah, and yeah, I saw that you posted me picture of me. No, I just look jackly at kangaroo. It's a case.
Speaker 3: I'm working out and I feel like you're just making it seems like it hasn't.
Speaker 1: Matter that I worked out that hard.
Speaker 2: I think you're doing a great job in the gym. But that picture that you posted is is a kangaroo.
Speaker 1: It's not I look like a kangaroo with my shirt off. You don't look like that's trending.
Speaker 3: What else Buddy Holly is trending? Today is the anniversary of the day that music died. Today in nineteen fifty nine, the plane carrying Buddy Holly, Richard Valens and the Big Bopper crashed.
Speaker 1: I did not know that was the anniversary of that.
Speaker 2: Yep, it was a I mean bobbah, Miss American dro must sell be to the That song is the Day the music died. It's about those three going down on a plane crush.
Speaker 3: It's also the University of the Giants beating the undefeitted Patriots in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: But nobody asked me that. Grammys are also The.
Speaker 3: Grammys are also trending beyoncey one Album of the Year, Chapel Roan Beth now artist Saint Vincent cleaned up in the rock categories. But yeah, Grammys is gonna be training all more and long. So that's what people are talking about. And that's just trending on ninety by the buzz back.
Speaker 2: To Chaperone, she is getting a lot of play today, trending wise. When she was up there for her acceptance speech, she was asking for record companies to pay their artists more. And you should have heard the applause. Healthcare. How about providing healthcare? You are a major corporation and these artists.
Speaker 1: Have no healthcare. She's asking for that. Yeah, I've never heard an artist on that before. Yeah, and uh, she's really making some waves. So we'll see if this generates and picks up some steam. Okay, Ghost.
Speaker 2: Is coming to the Toyota Center on August sixteenth. Toyota Center dot com to get your tickets if you'd like a pair of tickets to go see Ghost, which I'm a fan now seven one three two win two five nine four five, come get them The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: On the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 2: Dense Fog Advisory Cloudy skuys. Once the fog burns off, it will still remain pretty cloudy out there. Low chances of rain hides them around eighty one. Guys, we might have eighty degree temperatures this week.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm seeing that it might get a little colder.
Speaker 2: For the weekend, but eighty degree temperatures a week leading up to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Just going down this weekend. What you're doing having a veggie party? I'm going to the cheaper route. You told me my brother and his wife's house.
Speaker 3: She is a chief fan. So we've been at the last two Super Bowls. Try and make it three straight. Why is she a chief fan?
Speaker 1: She lived in campus. That's dumb.
Speaker 3: Well, she has a reason to be, but like, I hope the Eagles lose.
Speaker 2: So okay, all right, um, do you want.
Speaker 1: To see how to you throwing a veggie party? I'm not throwing a veggie party.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have zero plans for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I'm just I've been walking around in a funk for a couple of weeks, ever since the Bill's lost.
Speaker 1: I want to celebrate the Super Bowl. I don't feel like I have a place.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I like, I don't care for either of the teams that are in there. You know, I just don't. I don't have a home right now. I feel a little I feel football homeless. I don't like the Pro Bowl stuff that goes on, nor did I like the game. I mean, I think they needed to get rid of the game. I understand that it's a.
Speaker 1: Billion points centator bugle war and stuff like that. I don't know. I just I don't get into it.
Speaker 2: I feel like it is such a letdown after the championship weekend. I know, I understand why there's two weeks to get ready for the Super Bowl. I don't even have a good idea, but what they're doing right now with that Pro Bowl weekend. It is such a letdown after the high and the incredible low for me of the championship weekend and then Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's nonsense in the middle.
Speaker 3: I mean, but it's kind of fun nonsense. I think, Yeah, it's it's harmless. You're having people playing flag football.
Speaker 1: It looked they were. They were having fun with it. I don't know why I can't get into it. I don't know. I watched it.
Speaker 3: I was not like, Wow, this is the greatest thing I've ever seen, but like they say, funny stuff. They're jumping every time they were scoring the tug of war, you get pulled into one of those phone pits if you lose, and everybody that score a touchdown and the flag football game was diving into the jumps.
Speaker 1: Funny. I mean, it is fun to see them guys having fun.
Speaker 2: Then you realize that number one NFL players, you realize they're young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you realize.
Speaker 2: That and there's you know, and they just love the game and they're playing and hanging out with each other. So I guess that part of it is cool. I don't know. Maybe I'm just I'm just an angry man. Yeah, I get that football stupid go to the phones. Good morning, rod Ryan Shrump. Hello, well yeah, hello, Hi, Hi, Hi. Who's this Holly?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: Holly?
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 7: Very good?
Speaker 1: Sit here with my daughter? Too late for school? But oh well, your daughter's late for school right now? What times? What times she supposed to So.
Speaker 8: She dared me to call in and didn't expect to get answer.
Speaker 1: Were you supposed to be at school at eight thirty? She was supposed to be at school at seven twenty? Oh you're super late. Good job.
Speaker 2: Who you blame it? Is it the kid's fault? Or is it mom's fault? Don't lie to me.
Speaker 7: I took her to breakfast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember all the times when I was a kid and my mom just took me out to eat in the morning and then just allowed me to be late for school.
Speaker 1: That happened to all That never happened.
Speaker 6: That never happened for me either.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well listen, hey, your caller number ten. So what's the kid's name? Holly Amber Amber?
Speaker 2: Congratulations getting your mom to call and Holly now is the right caller? So I got tickets to go see Ghost on the sixteenth at the Toyota Center for you. Okay, I feel like this is going to promote going in late all the time now, because it's like, wow, look how cool it is when we're late.
Speaker 1: Mom, you win tickets, you get to be on the radio, you talk to Ron Amber. You never mind, you get to school. You get to school. Get your butt in school right now on Amber.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, guys, have a great day. Thanks for calling. Would like, all right, hang on, Holly, Chilie's got to get some.
Speaker 1: Information from you.
Speaker 2: I know it's an older commercial, but there I feel like they're rerunning it now. Is it the gey Goo where it's like where there's you got the couple sitting on the couch. And I think maybe the first one was like we have a rat problem and the band rat like we're playing round and round.
Speaker 1: They were playing in the in the basement.
Speaker 2: Those commercials are so funny.
Speaker 1: The one that they're running all the time right now is this ant.
Speaker 3: We have ants and they're just mad about everything being expired and your refrigerator.
Speaker 1: Dude, it is so funny.
Speaker 2: I do this every day now in my pantry in my refrigerator.
Speaker 12: Expired, expired, expired.
Speaker 2: The ants that they hired for the commercial are self fund. It's like it's a big house. I hope you can keep it clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like all as negative as they can be. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: But the expired thing, it really has prompted me to kind of go through things in my house and I have, like this commercial has gotten me to throw away a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 12: Expired, expired, expired.
Speaker 2: People Magazine just posted a list, And let me tell you, I have condiments, like I have band T shirts.
Speaker 1: I love condiments. I'm not bad.
Speaker 3: At anytime I'm making something, I need to have a certain condiment where I have like fifty mayonnaises.
Speaker 1: I have three mustards at any given time.
Speaker 3: You have dijon, you have the regular kinds.
Speaker 1: Sor I have to have that.
Speaker 2: I have to have three or four barbecue sauces, working ketchup mayonnaise, Chipotle mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: You never sometimes anoli, which is also just mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: It never ends, it never ends. There is not enough. I have a pretty big refrigerator. There's not enough.
Speaker 1: Space on that door. You need just a condiment refrigerator. How long?
Speaker 2: How long have those condiments been in your refrigerator. People magazine named Ketchup as one of the more dangerous expired condiments in there right now, ketchup and barbecue sauce. You got about six months to use them up. They say, keep an eye in the color. If it changes, toss them mustards. I gotta feel like mustard is like honey. You know, honey is the only food that doesn't spoil. I think that was on a fun fact. I think they found honey in King Tut's tomb and there was honey over there, and it was fine if you get sticky.
Speaker 3: If you gets sticky, you can just put it in a pan and like heat it up and heat it up, and then it'll be finding it.
Speaker 2: Unlike honey, mustard goes bad. Now, I thought, because of the vinegar in it, it can kind of last forever. Once you break the seal. You got a year to use that mustard up.
Speaker 1: It's a while.
Speaker 2: I have some mustard that's got such a crust on that on the threads. Get anything out of it, Just the front of it's covered. Okay, you got a year to use up your mustard. You got six months for the ketchup.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Soy sauce lasts forever, right, Do you refrigerate your soy sauce after you open it? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: All the packets they give you when you were your Chinese food, they give you like enough to.
Speaker 2: Have like a piece of rice covered. Yeah, you gotta buy your own soy sauce. You got about a year for that soy sauce.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I'm setting over the ants.
Speaker 2: Expired, expired, expired salad dressings. I got a couple of ranches working, always got blue cheese working at my house.
Speaker 1: You can see they made blue cheese last week. Tell me how you made it. I have to go to the recipe. I us Mattie Matheson from the Bear. Yeah. And you know, he's a Western New York guy. He's a Buffalo. I thought he's a Canadian.
Speaker 2: He's Canadian, but right over the bridge. Okay, So he's a Western New York guy. So he knows that that blue cheese is the only acceptable dipping.
Speaker 1: I learned that gorgonzola is just Italian blue cheese. Good knowledge.
Speaker 2: Salad dressing is the creamy kinds that got eggs in or if they got cheese in it. Two months for the creamy dressing. Salad dressing. That told me I definitely had the branch dressing. It's in there for about six months. Oily dressings last a lot longer. And finally, mayonnaise number one. It's the guiltiest thing. It's got eggs in it. So once it's been open, the USDA says it's good for two months on that mayonnaise. Give it a sniff test. It doesn't smell right, you gotta chuck it.
Speaker 12: So expired expired.
Speaker 2: Expired mayonnaise, salad dressing ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard soy sauce doesn't last as long as you think. Guys, all right, maybe take a look or get one of those crazy ants in there.
Speaker 11: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five BUSS.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: On this hashtag Monday selfie friends of a show. Federal Credit Union offering up.
Speaker 2: One hundred bucks just for dropping a picture on our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: It's been trending all morning, so thank you. You guys look awesome. You do, you really do. We've got alternative income that's coming your way in around nine ten, So a chance to one thousand dollars. That's back all week. That's gonna be at.
Speaker 2: Nine ten, ten, ten, eleven, ten, you see ten after the hour through five ten chance to one one thousand dollars each hour, So Jeremy and Teresa in all this, all right, and then there's a copterent announcement that's gonna happen at the very very very very end of this show. I'm gonna give away those tickets on know the show. I won't even be able to tell you what you're winning until I do the announcement. As close to ten as we can possibly get. We're gonna kind of sandwich that one.
Speaker 1: We're gonna sneak that one in there right before.
Speaker 2: All right, don't forget about that monster GM cheap ticket sale tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: I like to call it the deep discount ticket sale.
Speaker 2: These are thirty five dollars tickets going on sale tomorrow morning, nine dollars and forty five cents. We have fifteen hundred of them. This is just for you, guys, This is just for our listeners.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It's on links and guests tomorrow morning at six am. Get up early with us, join us for homeroom. It's always a good time. But get those tickets early. They'll be gone in about twenty minutes or so tomorrow morning, so we'll see you Dark and Early Buzz Rock.
Speaker 5: And tearing an soon The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Okay, ninety four or five the Buzz That's where most of us were introduced to highly suspect.
Speaker 1: My name is human.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's Show, Looking forward to the nine o'clock hour with you one thousand dollars up for grabs at nine ten. It is a national contest. I'd love to get a local winner on that. Guys, listen for the keyword at around nine ten, actually hit at around nine to eleven, and then enter that word at the buzzdock and hopefully you'll be the one thousand dollars winner.
Speaker 1: Today. We're going to do it all week.
Speaker 2: Dens Fog Advisory Today, Claude Sky's highs of maybe even eighty one today one final time, Alex Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Please good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: The suspect accused of opening fire and injuring a man at Pasadena Memorial High School on Saturday has been identified. Eighty three year old Dennis Irwin Brandle has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon. The shooting occurred at the high school during a band competition. An off duty cop and a parent tackled the suspect and brought under the ground. Brandle was not given bond and is currently awaiting transfer to.
Speaker 1: The Harris County Jail.
Speaker 3: Officials have identified fifty five of the sixty seven victims from last week's DC plane crash. Over the weekend, the family members of the victims held a memorial at the airport's runway thirty three, where the American Airlines jet was supposed to land. Then Friday, another air disaster happened in Philadelphia, where a medical jet crashed into the ground. It was a Lear jet that was in the air for less than a minute after takeoff. All six people in the plane were killed and one person on the ground was too. Another twenty two people suffered injuries.
Speaker 1: From the crash.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was Groundhog Day and punk satani. Phil saw his shadow, which means that we're in for six more weeks of winter.
Speaker 1: Do we believe him?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 3: No, I don't, not at all. I study shows that Phil isn't even the most accurate weather predicting groundhog. I know they got Armadillo Alex out here in Texas or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: We did a whole bit on that Armadillo Alex. I forgot you were our armadillo.
Speaker 3: They have like parakeets and other other animals that are predicting winter and stuff, but groundhogs are the only thing this study has looked at.
Speaker 1: The groundhog.
Speaker 3: Pucksatani Phil has only been right thirty five percent of the time over the last two decades.
Speaker 1: Not great.
Speaker 3: Most accurate groundhog though, is Staten Island Chuck up in New York. He's been right eighty five percent of the time. I think we just make him the new Poksatani Phil. All right, Staten Island Chuck, That's where I get my groundhog information from now on. He did not see his shadow, so he's predicting an early spring, unlike punk ssatani Phil. Dating back to eighteen eighty seven, Punksatani Hill has predicted a long winter one hundred and eight times.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Dunkirk Dave the Kirk Dave Dunkirk Dave is the groundhog outside of Buffalo. Dunkirk is a suburb and it's the second longest running prognosticator after punks are on Pots of Tony.
Speaker 1: Phil is the og right, they were just like, where did use groundhogs? I guess? And then everybody else had to go find a groundhog, Dave Dunkirk.
Speaker 2: Dave did not see his shadow for a third year in a row. He has predicted an early spring.
Speaker 3: So just like State Nylon, Chuck, these groundhogs just can't get together. Yeah, maybe they need to have a union or something like that to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Or just one guy, just one groundhog, one official guy.
Speaker 3: The fire aid benefit concert happened last week, but we learned over the weekend that ninety of the firefighters that were there were there thanks to Kim Kardashian. She purchased four seats for firefighters that had previously been incarcerated. Kim said, quote, these firefighters have all come home and want to continue serving their community. Due to bills pass, these guys can now get their sentences reduced and their records expunged for their fire service. When they come home, they're be able to get six figure salaries working for these departments. I know we hate on Kim Kardashian a lot on this show, but credit where credit is due. She does a lot to help people that have been incarcerated, or are currently incarcerated, or are allegedly wrongly incarcerated. She does a lot of work to try and help people in prison and to try and help them live better lives.
Speaker 2: She's on the looking at girls blog pace today for something else. She's she's single. She talks about like what's a red flag for her? And she is still looking. She's looking for a dude and she's open to having She's got four kids right now.
Speaker 1: She's open to having two more. Oh so if you'd like to sire some kids, Kim's open to it. You get some good money on two more. Yeah, she wants to have a six pack. Billy Corgan is launching a new podcast.
Speaker 3: It's called The Magnificent Others and it's going to be a part of Bill Maher's Club Random Studios. He's going to talk to artists, entrepreneurs, scientists, and musicians like Jean's, Zmon's, Pat Benattar and Tom Rallo.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 3: It was like entrepreneurs, scientists, and then it just named only musicians.
Speaker 1: Is like the guests. So he's gonna talk to some musicians and then maybe other people.
Speaker 2: Tom Morella might be a scientist who knows. He's a Harvard graduate who knows.
Speaker 3: If he had Chris Martin from Coldplay, you could say he was a Scientist because wasn't their album The Scientist.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right.
Speaker 3: The podcast is officially gonna launch its first episode this Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Those are Uston's headlines.
Speaker 2: He should open up every interview. So do you think outside of Kerk Cobain, I'm the most influential person in the grunge movement?
Speaker 3: Or do you think we're long lost brothers? Just one of those two he has to go with. Each time you get to pick a door, and whatever door you picked, it's gonna have to go down that question.
Speaker 2: It's February and Alex is still pulling double duty. He's still holding down sports too. Here man, what NFL Pro Bowl Games?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 3: Yesterday the NFC beat the AFC seventy six to sixty three. Shout out to my boy Eli Manning three consecutive Pro Bowl wins as a coach, never lost as a Pro Bowl head coach. Now, it's Super Bowl Week tonight. It's opening night in New Orleans, the event formerly known as Media Day. We'll have players taking questions for the media and influencers and weather girls and dogs and Craig Gas and just about anybody get access to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Craig will be down there and I'll all start.
Speaker 3: At five o'clock. You can watch it on NFL Network. We'll have the highlights for you tomorrow. And basketball, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna be up in New York to take on the Knicks. Rockets are five and a half point underdogs heading into that game. Tip Off is at six thirty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay.
Speaker 2: If you haven't dropped your selfie yet on our Facebook page, you need to do so over three hundred if you have pashtag Monday selfie one. If you win to Hunters by the end of the show, Chilli will just rando select one of you. I got one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. I got sixty six squares taken. Man, We're gonna add another ten tomorrow, ten after that, ten after that, and then final four on Friday, and then we'll be set.
Speaker 1: For the big game.
Speaker 2: You got a chance to win five hundred for the first three quarters and five hundred dollars on the final score. Not too late for that. I'm still allowing you to sign up if you're a quality single dude, you want to be in the mile of meat, you can do something about that. You can check out Alex's six Picks. It's all on links and guests.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ninety four five because.
Speaker 14: We go.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the bus red hot chili peppers and give it away.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: I've been dealing with a fog advisory all morning long, so hopefully most of that has burned off. Cloudy skies for the rest of the day. Highs of around eighty one. I got nine oh seven. I'm going to get to that one thousand dollars alternative income coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 1: I gotta do that.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing that I do from time to time. I'm gonna give away tickets on No the show. We do that every day. I can't tell you what the tickets are because they are tickets that are a part of a ten o'clock concert announcement of which I got my hands on it, and I'm going to try to get it as close to ten o'clock as I can. But I'm gonna give away tickets because I think it's so cool. Alex is super excited about this show. So that's what we're gonna do. I know the show. I hate to sound any cagier than I already do, but that's exactly how it's happening. That's exactly how it's happening. So you'll know before we leave here today. I just can't tell you what I'm giving away the tickets before I tell you what it's for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna do that today. I'm gonna do that. You'll love it. You are gonna lie I already do love it. I'm excited a little sneak peak well, and.
Speaker 2: I have you to thank for kind of turning me on to one of these bands. That's a part of this show. So I'll leave it at that. Speaking of Alex, his six picks are up. They're doing very very well. Millionaire over here.
Speaker 1: Going on a millionaire millionaires.
Speaker 3: One of them was a gift card dinner millionaire, my father, the guy goes out to eat.
Speaker 1: I paid for none of those.
Speaker 2: Every day I don't crazy travel Junkie is her name. That's Today's Milk Monday, by far and away, the number one, the number one link today. Bianca said, sorry, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know who she is. I take that back. I know who she is. It's Kanye's wife. Yeah, that's the only thing I know about outside.
Speaker 2: Of being a Kim Kardashian clone.
Speaker 1: Super hot, and I know her boobs look like now and almost Kanye is. She doesn't look like she's being She.
Speaker 2: Looks like she's being held against her will sometimes when she's out with Kanye. Not in this one, but they they got lip readers in to talk about, like what Kanye was giving her directives on to lose your jacket. We're going to cause a scene right now. And then she takes off her jacket and she's kind of naked. I'm talking about their their runway appearance at the Grammys.
Speaker 1: She's basically naked. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like she has like net around her and you just see everything else.
Speaker 1: See everything doesn't leave a lot to the imagination. Does she talk. I've never seen it talk.
Speaker 2: She has a blank stare on her face. It's like she's drugged a robot. And like Kanye is radicalizing her. What he couldn't do to Kim, he's doing.
Speaker 1: It to her.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm not. I'm not the only one saying this, and I don't even follow this crap. It's just there's something weird. Kanye's weird. Okay, Kanye, you even you even said he went off the rails this weekend on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not.
Speaker 2: He was saying weird things about Kamala Harris and then he started following Taylor Swift and then he's only following his wife. Now there's weird stuff going on. The Looking at Girls blood page is getting so many looks just because of what is.
Speaker 1: Going on with Kanye and his wife.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's super hot, but these picks are not safe for work.
Speaker 1: And it's just or awards shows.
Speaker 16: It's just she always the wife has that exact same look on her face, like she's like Cundy's shooting drug darts in her neck and then she just kind of walks around with expressionless.
Speaker 1: It's weird. It's odd. It's odd. Kanye's the weirdest dude out there.
Speaker 2: Great rapper, I get it, I know, but you just can't just because you're deemed no but because you're deemed a genius, you just can't do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I agree, And uh, I don't know, I don't know. That's I get it. That's why it's getting a ton of looks looking at girls.
Speaker 2: Blog page is absolutely huge today, So lots of stuff for you on links and guests again. One hundred bottles of card Box Love Street on the wall. There's sixty six of you that are up there. Another ten go up tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, and then four people go up.
Speaker 1: On Friday.
Speaker 2: It'll be the four beer winners that'll round out our one hundred. Do you know who maitland Ward is? Thank ye yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Porn star into porn now, yeah, she's That's how I was interested.
Speaker 2: She's not dipping her toes into porn. She's full on porn star now. I mean she was a legitimate actress and now she is too. And then this was the trajectory legitimate actress, Boy meets World. She was like like a side player on that show. Then she started wearing skimpy off its a comic cons and then porn that level. Yeah, that's exactly where it went. She just did full on. She just does full on porn.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: It's her birthday tonight, so happy birthday to her, celebrating her.
Speaker 1: She turns forty eight. Those boobs turned eleven. I would not have guessed she was forty eight. That's an old show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an old I think she was a little bit older than she was the person that she was portraying on the show that's been going on in Hollywood for a long time. All Right, guys, chance at one thousand dollars, good luck.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, good luck getting after that one thousand dollars alternative income.
Speaker 1: If you missed it, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Jeremy's going to do it again at ten ten. He's pretty good about his times, better than us at least. All right, concert announcement tickets on know the show. I'm going to give away the tickets and then I'll announce the show.
Speaker 1: Apt you know what I'm doing. Do that at the end of the show today.
Speaker 2: But right now online it's Alex online ninety five the mus All.
Speaker 1: Right, what you got today? All right, today's ail.
Speaker 3: You're looking at some screenshots from non Disney animated movies and trying to see if you can tell what movie.
Speaker 1: You're looking at a screen shot out now.
Speaker 3: It seems like you would be but like there's a screenshot of one of the Shrek movies, but it doesn't tell you which Shrek movie is. You have to know the Shrek, Shrek two, Shrek three, Puss in Boots.
Speaker 1: You gotta know.
Speaker 3: You gotta know your animated movies. And it's not Disney, so it should be a little bit more difficult.
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 3: Well, brainbuster to get your week started today and go check it out. See if you can get them all at the world famous rod ryanshowpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: These monsters if the musical grid Iron came to play The rod Ryan Show on ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Unlikely candidates and novacate. Good Morning rod Ryan Show MILF Monday number one link trending all morning The rod Ryan Show Facebook.
Speaker 1: Page, Thank you Show. I hope I win hashtag Monday selfie. You cannot win here like I should be able to win. Nor selfie was good enough? Nor did you submit the selfie of yourself? Selfie's to shirtless pick on a shirtless kangaroo in no respect in a bathroom. It's a kangaroo taking a picture of themselves shirtless. That was my best mirror it's not you.
Speaker 2: It is Shell Federal Credit Union again is back with us for the hashtag Monday selfie picture of the possibilities.
Speaker 1: They gotta they're gonna give away.
Speaker 2: What we're gonna give you one hundred dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union. One of you gets on a hundred bucks just for dropping a picture, So thank you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Love the Facebook page. It just kind of keeps me busy all morning long.
Speaker 1: Chili and I got a date.
Speaker 2: With links and guests. Afterwards, we gotta go three. We gotta go through the Valentine's Day Mile of Meat. I was looking for five more quality dudes to add to the Mile of Meat celebration that's coming up next Friday. Right, my goodness, Mile of Meat. That means technically he's got it up. Technically you could apply today.
Speaker 1: It's up in theory. Yeah. Thanks to a lot of you for sending us Monster Jam pictures.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. It was so great to meet so many of you guys. We'll be out at Master Jam this Saturday. We'll be down there in the pits. Chili's got a million pictures. He said he was gonna put them up on Facebook later today he's got hit.
Speaker 1: Like the nice camera out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he'll put together like a huge gallery.
Speaker 1: He said, he's gonna do that after he gets home. Now. Was that before or post nappy Nappy time?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: After. It looks fast hired to this maybe after na chili tie tie all the time. But thanks for everybody that waited in those lines.
Speaker 3: I mean it was a pain to get in because there were so many events going on at the whole NRG Center and everything was it.
Speaker 1: The boat and car show was going, car show, there's a comedy show.
Speaker 3: There's like a theater thing also, and just that our line was packed that whole time, and it was so cool that people waited for us to do that. It meant it a lot that you guys waited to come take pictures with with our dumb asses.
Speaker 2: Got a nice emo from Gus gust the party bus got to see him out there.
Speaker 1: He was fun.
Speaker 2: He was out there with the family and he said, man, thanks for taking a picture with me and the fam. I go, of course, man, thanks for coming by. You're the ones that got to wait in the line, you know, like waiting in the line for us.
Speaker 1: It's weird, right, you know. So it was so cool getting to Chelsea.
Speaker 3: That we played reading My Lips with not too long ago. Oh yeah, Chelsea came through. Why is the carpet carpet wet? Todde so fast?
Speaker 2: Andrew Yep, yep, yep, yep. Yeah, we saw man so many You're right, so many people. We're down there for a couple of hours too. So we're gonna do it again on Saturday. The deep discount ticket sale goes on tomorrow morning. We will put fifteen hundred tickets that are normally thirty five bucks. These are good seats. We're gonna do them for nine dollars and forty five cents. They'll be going in about twenty minutes tomorrow morning. That link will go up on links and guests tomorrow morning at six am.
Speaker 1: This is in good luck with that news.
Speaker 2: Your teens should never have caffeineh Look, what did my grandma say? You can't have coffee it'll stunt your growth. My Graham used to say, all grandma's say, caffeino stunt your growth. Well, drinking coffee too young, it's not good for you. Okay, grandma was right. I mean, my grandma.
Speaker 1: Said some crazy things.
Speaker 2: She was right about that. The caffeine is not good for young people. I think you guys all know this, but there were some new help guidelines that came out kids and teenagers between five and eighteen. They use the word should never have caffeine. Now, caffeine just appears naturally in so many things, chocolate. If your kid has chocolate, you kids, your caffeine, sodaes rite, you should limit between five and eighteen years old. They don't want you to ever have that kid to ever have caffeine. Limit your intake of one hundred percent juices, flavored milks, avoid sugar sweetened beverages, and drinks containing artificial sweeteners.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what we are you supposed to give water? Only water and plain milk.
Speaker 2: That's what that's your kid between five and eighteen, that's all you're allowed to drink.
Speaker 1: No chance that's happening to my knowledge, at least on my watch. I don't know what's going on with momp.
Speaker 2: On my watch, my kid has never even had a whiff of an energy drink. She's seven, or she's going to be seven next month. I can't even when you see what a ring pop does to your kid when she gets older Alex. I don't know what's in that. It just rots teeth, that's all it is. It's like a Dennis Specuid friend there is. My kid goes crazy after a ring pop. I know it's just a sucker on a ring. Nothing else makes my kid as nuts. As a matter of fact, she gets a little mean afterwards.
Speaker 1: Because she's all boogie because you've got some jewelry. Now, my kid gets a little mean afterwards. It's weird.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I really really limit the amount of candy my kid can eat.
Speaker 1: You can see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see him start just ripping around the house. Now when you know we got ring My sister aunt Sue, sends ring pops all the time. She sends a bunch of them because she knows all the kids are always over at the house. So like we'll have this little impromptu ring pop party. I got six kids running around like animals.
Speaker 1: It's a red bull. Wouldn't do that to each one of those kids. It's insane.
Speaker 2: It is so Experts are concerned because a lot of these energy drinks have large amounts of caffeine and them too much can call their energy drinks. I know, too much can cause sleep issues. High blood pressure, anxiety. Caffeine withdrawls then will add the problems, including the headaches. We all know caffeine is a stibulant.
Speaker 1: So there's a.
Speaker 3: Starbucks by by where I live, and if I am driving around at like right one of the middle school i'm by is out there, the little girls are going right to the Starbucks and they're coming out with their fruity drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's every single day.
Speaker 2: Coffee culture is the thing now for young people. It's cool to have a coffee, little packs of them.
Speaker 3: To these girls coming out of their caramel Vinti frappuccino, frapiados or whatever they are.
Speaker 2: Coffee culture has become firmly entrenched, even for teenagers. I mean, these are all things that we know. They're just backing it up to say this stuff is really, really, really bad for your kids. Now Again, I started out by saying, well, good luck with this.
Speaker 1: I can't even get my kid to drink water. I'm like, just drink water. I don't remember my parents ever doing anything. Like if I didn't drink water all day, my.
Speaker 2: Parents didn't know. I am on my kid NonStop. She's got the Stanley, like, I'll get.
Speaker 1: The cool cup, a million dollar coups.
Speaker 2: I'll get the expensive cup if that's cool to you. Great, anything to promote drinking water. I gotta stay on her ass all day.
Speaker 1: The sparkling water good for you. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I drink some that I feel like it doesn't hydrate me. But I'm like, I'm not buying a soda. This has to be better than that, right, What is the downside? There's gotta be a downside that we don't know about.
Speaker 2: Remember how they thought vaping was good because better than cigaret? Is just vapis better than cigarettes. I have not seen anything bad about it yet.
Speaker 1: And I'll say that good because it's better than just regular water. Right.
Speaker 2: And I'll say this because of like the packaging of liquid death.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's weird.
Speaker 2: People look at my kid. They think she's drinking an energy drink. It's just water. It's just liquid death. Sometimes it's the sparkling one.
Speaker 1: It'll be like a.
Speaker 3: Gold cup, so it looks like it's like a forty years She's junking a tall boy.
Speaker 2: And I don't mind that big tall can because that's the most water she'll ever drink.
Speaker 1: She'll drink like she'll drink a whole can of that. So I'm doing that. I hope there's nothing wrong with it, but I am doing that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's as good as regular water, but I feel like it can't be like awful for you.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to trick her into it. Some doctor. Let us know. She thinks it's cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is there a problem with sparkling water that I don't know about, because that's happening a lot at my house.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Oh, guys, we are going to give away some tickets that I can't tell you about.
Speaker 1: I know the show, but you'll know before the song. The show's over.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Blink one eighty two and Adams song.
Speaker 1: Did the Blink one eighty two Benefits show go down?
Speaker 8: Yet?
Speaker 1: Was it this week? This week? I think you're right.
Speaker 2: It's been all this stuff has been thirteen. All this stuff has been sandwiched together. You know, you had the fire Aid Show and then it went right into the Grammys this weekend. There were some great highlights from the Grammys. I didn't watch any of it. I just looked at clips and I saw stuff this morning, and obviously the red carpet stuff. That's what's doing so well for us. Kanye Kanye and his wife, who.
Speaker 1: Does she want to be with him? I can't.
Speaker 3: I would never say what a woman should think welfare check.
Speaker 2: I would never speak for another woman welfare check on Kanye West wife.
Speaker 1: At least I'm asking for it. Gwinety two benefit is February thirteen.
Speaker 2: February thirteen, there was something that Jelly Roll did over the weekend and he brought a bunch of special guests up on stage and he up Brent from Shiningdown up there and they have done simple Man together before. If you remember when we all learned about jelly Roll, he was opening up for Shindown and they were they were kind of trading off a little bit and they were doing Simple Man together. It's another one of those like just awesome cover songs that jelly Roll is involved with. And you know, for us, we got to jelly Roll by way of Brent and the guys that Shine Down.
Speaker 1: They're the ones that introduced us to jelly Roll. So jelly now is like.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm huge now you want to come over here and play with me?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So that's on the music blog page if you want to see. It's a great collaboration of those two guys singing together and I've seen it before, but this is a new updated version of them doing simple Man and it is awesome, super awesome. All Right, Chili's gonna be selecting somebody very very soon hashtag Monday selfie. Someone's gonna win hundred bucks for just dropping a pick. And then I've alreadykind of set it up. I've got a concert announcement for you. I'm not allowed to do it until ten. I thought i'd go maybe at nine fifty eight with it, but I am going to give away tickets to the show that I'm going to announce before I get out of here.
Speaker 1: That's what's happening. I know the show.
Speaker 2: Trust me when I say, you're gonna want to win tickets to this show. Okay, I just couldn't do anything about it. They wanted to go at ten o'clock. I'm like, we'll figure that out. I still want to give away tickets to it. So that's coming up after the Break.
Speaker 11: Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan's Show, Okay, here's where it gets a little weird.
Speaker 1: Trust me, I know it's weird. We got a concert that I'm not allowed to tell you. I know it's silly. It's just the way that it is, the way the world works.
Speaker 2: It's nine fifty one, right, I can't tell you about this concert until ten.
Speaker 1: We're none at ten, but I want to give away tickets. If we just do it, I don't tell anything. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: The show is awesome. I told you Alex is super excited about it. You're gonna like it. You're going to be excited about winning these tickets. I just can't tell you what it is that you're winning yet. But if you would like to win these tickets, and trust us that it's pretty awesome, this is no the show.
Speaker 1: What is your question? All right?
Speaker 3: We talked about a new matchmaking service for the rich today.
Speaker 1: How much does it cost to join it?
Speaker 2: Yep seven one three seven, one three two and two five nine four five. Correct caller wins the mystery tickets, and I'll let you know before we go.
Speaker 11: Smart phones, laptops, smart TV's tablets, whatever way you listen, we are there. Tell your smart device to play ninety four five the Bus on iHeartRadio No.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five the bus Alien Ann Farms Smooth Criminal, Good morning rod Ryan's Shown six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on that time. Ten percent chance of rain today, Claudis. Guys, we were dealing with the dense fog advisory all morning long. I'm gonna deal with some more fog tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Just because it's weirdly warm outside.
Speaker 1: We might hit a hive around eighty today. Let me go over to the phones. Here he is now time for know this show on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 9: La La la la La La La La La la la la la La la la La.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Good morning, Hi? Who's this.
Speaker 3: John?
Speaker 1: Hi? John? John? I can't if you win. If you win, I can't quite tell you what they are yet.
Speaker 2: Let me let's see if you won first, and then we'll see if we can stall a little bit. We'll see if you can give this information out there.
Speaker 1: Alex, this is John.
Speaker 2: He wants to win these tickets. I hyped him up by until I can't announce until ten.
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 3: Okay, John, we talked about a new matchmaking service this morning. How much does it cost for you to join that match making service.
Speaker 1: One million dollars. A million dollars.
Speaker 2: You have three people that will work for you for the entire year to try to find your perfect match. Oh and they're only taking on three clients. Yeah, well insane, It's wild. It is right, Go to a bar meet somebody I don't know. John, you want tickets, dude, you want tickets, Mystery tickets, mystery figures. We're gonna be We're gonna be giving away tickets all week to this show. I got them, Yeah, you know what, you did?
Speaker 1: Get them first? What is this? What is this?
Speaker 3: Hit?
Speaker 1: Play a little early? What is this? Whoizza? Whoizza?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 1: William Nelson is Willie? That's Willie Nelson? Yes, what is this? You just had a movie about him.
Speaker 5: Bob Dylan.
Speaker 1: That's Bob Dylan. M okay huh. And then I saw what It's about a time it beens Alex, what is this? The one and only Avid Brothers. That's one of your favorite bands of all time, of all time? Well, where is all this music coming from? Alex? Guys and John?
Speaker 2: You won tickets to the Outlaw Music Festival. Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Avid Brothers and more. July sixth, I mean where legends. Legends tickets are going to go on sale this Friday at ten am through ticketmaster dot com. Show announces in two minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, uh you're going. It doesn't get bigger than Bob Dylan right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Sah. It's higher than He's aver Bank.
Speaker 4: I was my lives.
Speaker 3: I just got the way.
Speaker 2: Day, John, congratulations, dude, hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 3: You did know the show and you got the tickets. Play Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan. That's a bucket list concert anyways. And then you throw in the amt Brothers.
Speaker 1: Even if you don't like him, you're gonna find a new band. You're in love. And this is a kick ass show. I knew kick ass show.
Speaker 2: I knew nothing about the Avit Brothers until Alex learned me about them, and I just I'm such a huge fan. There's a documentary on them that I believe was made by.
Speaker 1: It's on Max.
Speaker 3: Rick Rubin is in it, and you can't remember it was a Jed Appatol.
Speaker 2: John Appatel made the documentary on them. So John's got the very first per tickets. We're gonna give away tickets to the Outlaw Music Festival all week long, all right, and.
Speaker 1: We can talk about it leading up to it. Then, yeah, we're still not secret talking about it when we were East Test time. All right, Well, Jeremy's up next. We stole the concert announcement from him. Sorry, Jeremy.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's going to offer these, but we're gonna have tickets all throughout the week, all right. Chili, did you get a winner for hashtag Monday selfie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Congratulations going out to Sarah Sullivan. All right, Ny, Sarah Sullivan, thank you so much. I would have liked to have won, but I get it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate everybody dropping those pictures all morning long.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Now, if we were to go with the sexiest self yet submit it, Alex would have won.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, I appreciate that. Well.
Speaker 2: If we did a contest, drop a picture of a kangaroo me shirtless.
Speaker 1: He might have won.
Speaker 2: But I okay, guys, we gotta go now, we really have to go now.
Speaker 1: I want to just hang out and talk about this, Chili.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about mile of Meat after the show today. Let's see if we got those quality dudes that we needed over the weekend Monster Jam cheap ticket sale tomorrow morning at six am. We're putting thirty five dollars tickets on sale for nine dollars and forty five cents starting at six am tomorrow.
Speaker 1: When they're gone, they're gone, and then we'll see you Saturday.
Speaker 2: But we'll give away Monster Jam tickets, more Buzzfest tickets, more Ghost tickets, Outlaw Music Festival tickets all tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 1: Jeremy taking away.
Speaker 2: Sorry we stole your concert announcement. He's got to pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. He's got the NonStop nooner as well. Alex Is six picks did very well today, thanks for looking at him.
Speaker 1: Everybody millionaire going out to dinner.
Speaker 2: I didn't pay for any of eight out all week and long. All right, that's it, we gotta go a m F.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com