Speaker 1: It's time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts in Casinos So Jane's Addiction. The band has canceled a tour because Perry Ferrell's behavior was just too abrupt for the band. After he issued a public apology. If you missed it, basically Perry punched guitarist Dave Navarro.
Speaker 2: His wife got in the comments.
Speaker 1: And basically said that there was a lot of tension building up just based on production and creativity and the way they each thought that the tour should go or the performance should go, and it turned into a brawl, but after his statement, they still decided probably not a good time to go out on tour. Prince Harry has inherited eight point five million dollars from the Queen Mother's estate on his fortieth birthday this past Sunday.
Speaker 2: I know, listen, it gets so hard to.
Speaker 1: Not feel some type of way about it, because, listen, homeboy has had a lot of issues with the royal family and I definitely feel bad for him, but also eight point five million dollars doesn't hurt, and this is pretty cool. Blink one eighty two member Coppus has announced that his new memoir Fahrenheit one eighty two is coming out next.
Speaker 2: April, and he opens up about what to expect.
Speaker 3: Welcome back friends. Up next, we have the brand new memoir Fahrenheit one eighty two, written by me Mappas. This book has everything. A young man born in the California desert joins a punk rock band, it goes on to concker the world. It's got skateboarding, it's got punk rock clubs, it's got nineties music. But that's not all. We order now and we'll throw in, at no extra cost to you, anxiety, depression, fail, break up, it broke up again, loss of self, suicidal thoughts, in adiation, and of course everyone's favorite cancer gets dark. So order your copy today and make sure you don't miss out on all the small things. Oh I forgot about that incredible antidote that I wrote in this book. That was amazing.
Speaker 1: I love the dark humor in there. You know we all need it. Okay, On the way, we have your sip of the day, and if you have ever had a fallout with a friend, Jelly Roll is going to give you advice on how to fix it.
Speaker 2: Well that around six.
Speaker 1: Forty Alanis Moore said I'm Mixed ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla, and it's time for your sip of the day, that little sip of content while you sip on your coffee to start your morning. And Uh, if you have ever had a falling out with a friend or you just weren't in a great place in your life where you kind of messed up some relationships, well, our guy Jelly Roll has some advice for you. So if you don't know him and Machine Gun Kelly just recently released a song we play here on Mix ninety six nine, and they before that had a falling out. They actually had a big rivalry against each other. Things got nasty. They were just not good to each other, let's say that much. And an interview asked him, asked Jelly Roll, what did you do to kind of mend that relationship? How did you guys go from being enemies to then collaborating on a song.
Speaker 2: And here's what he had to say.
Speaker 4: Ownership and accountability. Uh, me emitting I'm wrong and every time anything that I'm wrong, and it's just all been a part of me evolving as a man, in developing. You know, I've just started being a good person in the last five or six years. Y'all got to be patients. Take it down there, but I'm trying to try to make the best of it.
Speaker 1: I love it accountability. At the end of the day, that's the only way you'll grow and be a better person. So take it from Jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: On the way coming up just after six point fifty, we're gonna tell you how you can win your tickets to Green Day this morning right here on Mixed ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: It's the Valley's Best Mix Mix ninety six nine. I'm Priscilla and tonight is Green Day.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: You want to be an American dy WHOA.
Speaker 1: I know how many people are hype excited they're gonna be at Chase Field and we have a pair of tickets for you. It's gonna be so easy to win. It's just gonna require you to step out of your comfort zone just a little bit.
Speaker 2: So if you're listening to us.
Speaker 1: On our iHeartRadio app, we have that little talk back feature the microphone, and I want you to leave us a little message on there, singing the lyric wake Me Up when September ends, in honor of the song being twenty years old this year, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: So this is kind of what it's gonna sound like.
Speaker 5: Like, maybe you're in your car on the way to work, wake me up when September, or maybe you're in the office and things are quiet.
Speaker 2: Wake me up when September.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you just have a giggle fit wake me up with September.
Speaker 2: And that's all we need you to do.
Speaker 1: Literally, just sing the lyric wake me Up when Septembers on our talkback feature and you're automatically entered. And then at eight point thirty, I'm gonna pick a winner and give you a call and give you those tickets to Green Day Tonight.
Speaker 2: Good Luck.
Speaker 1: It's It's ninety sixty nine the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla and it's time for your jaw dropper of the day.
Speaker 2: Snock Girl. I think you drop something my jaw. Okay, so said believe it or not.
Speaker 1: There are beauty influencers out there that are saying eating dirt is good for you, but why.
Speaker 4: I've been eating red dirt ever since I was five years old eighty when I was pregnant with all four of my kids, I would eat this all day and not even eat no food.
Speaker 2: Wake up in the morning, brush my teeth straight to the dirt.
Speaker 6: I go.
Speaker 2: Dirt, I go red dirt, Love it, love it. Been eating it all my life and I don't care why nobody to say, can't nobody to make me stop eating it? I love dirt, But she loves her dirt, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And there's actually good reason because it's called crunching, which is the act of eating dirt, and people are advocating saying it's good for your health and wellness. Even fertility coach Stephanie Adler says it's great for gut health and it claims to help your immune system and even weight management. So they actually sell edible clay and that's what that woman was eating. If you look at the video, we'll put it up on our Instagram at Mike ninety six nine FM. It's in this jar and it's in like little clumps, and it actually looks like a presentable, like it looks almost like cake pop.
Speaker 2: Dough, you know what I mean. So it is safe. Question, Well, you have to if.
Speaker 1: You're gonna buy it like this woman day, you have to make sure it's edible clay. But they sell it online and They market it as detoxifiers and anti aging and it can help again your gut and aid and even reducing acne.
Speaker 2: I guess. I mean, we've done crazier things, but would you do this? No, I'll stick to yogurt for my gut health.
Speaker 1: What dirt, I know.
Speaker 2: But the video is hilarious and a jaw definitely okay.
Speaker 1: On the way, we have your tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. Plus we officially have a headliner name for the Cores Light Bird's Nest this next February. We'll break it down for you just around seven twenty five right here, I'll Mix ninety six nine. It's Mix ninety six nine. I'm Priscilla. Don't forget. I have your tickets to Green Day. The show is tonight at Chase Field.
Speaker 2: It's super easy to enter.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is listen on our iHeartRadio app and that little talkback feature with the microphone. You just have to sing the lyric wake me Up when Septembers and you're automatically entered. Listen even if you're in the car, you're in the office whispering, maybe you are in the ho V lane.
Speaker 2: Wig me up when top ten. I love it.
Speaker 1: It has been so fun hearing all of your guys's talkback submissions. So go enter now I'm going to select a winner at eight thirty this morning.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this. It is time for What's trend.
Speaker 1: So Jordan Chiles is appealing the decision that stripped her of her bronze medal in the twenty twenty four pairs Olympics.
Speaker 2: Her legal team is.
Speaker 1: Arguing that the Core of Arbitration for Sports failed to review critical video evidence and permitted a president with a conflict of interest to preside. So she's receiving support from the US Yeah, I'm sorry, the US Olympic and Paralympic committees, US Gymnastics emphasizing the need for fairness and the Olympic process.
Speaker 2: So hopefully she gets somewhere with that.
Speaker 1: Jelly Roll is set to headline opening night at the twenty twenty five cors Lightbirds Nests in Scottsdale, which is going to be so awesome.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine who he's going to bring up to collapse.
Speaker 1: Maybe Landy Wilson, maybe Machine Gun Kelly is gonna be awesome. Another thing that's awesome when it comes to buying tickets to these concerts. Officially in Arizona, the Taylor Swift Act is now in effect. It comes after Ticketmaster's massive website crash in twenty twenty two when fans were trying to buy tickets for her air tour.
Speaker 2: Now bots can no longer.
Speaker 1: Buy tickets in bulk or use multiple emails and IP addresses to get around security measures, and resellers are prohibited from selling multiple copies of one ticket, or selling tickets before they're publicly available, or not disclosing seat locations before purchase. I think it's amazing because at the end of the day, all these artists want is for their actual fans to buy tickets, not these bots and resellers and scalpers to sell them for like ten times the price.
Speaker 2: By the way, the average person at Costco.
Speaker 1: Shops for about thirty seven minutes at the store, coming out to about sixty four dollars and seventy five cents, and they are averaging that most people spend about a dollar seventy five a minute. I do not believe it, because if I was inside at Costco for thirty seven minutes, you better believe I'm spending about at least ten dollars a minute. There's no way I can get out of Costco without spending three hundred bucks. It's like the target effect, you know, like you go in there for one thing and you walk out with a bunch because it's just so good. So just keep that in mind next time you're inside of Costco.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this. It is your chance to win.
Speaker 1: Those tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween WHRN nights. We have a chance for you to win four tickets. Give us a call right now. Six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine oh. It's exciting, six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. We're about to get into our hot topic.
Speaker 2: But don't forget. I have those tickets to Green Day for you.
Speaker 1: And all you have to do is listening on our iHeartRadio app and that little talkback feature with the microphone. You have to sing the lyric wake Me Up when September and and then you're automatically entered. And maybe you do it with your kids, or maybe you're like a really great singer and you want.
Speaker 2: To display wake me Hope whence up to.
Speaker 1: Whatever it looks like for you leave us that little talk back and you're automatically entered, and then I will select a winner at eight thirty this morning. But let's get into our hot topic, and sid people are fired up about this because Amazon is demanding that it's workers, like it's employees, office workers, return to the office five days a week.
Speaker 2: I think they should just be lucky that they have gone this long, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, So it's gonna be a big change going to effect in January.
Speaker 2: And people are going back and forth just like is this fair? Is this like mandatory?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: Or is it good for company culture?
Speaker 1: Is it going to create a better environment, good collaborative efforts? And this one's a tough one for me because here's the thing. I do think there is value in working together and collaboratively because when we're here in the office in the studio, you can feel it when no one's in the building. It's kind of sad, right, yes, absolutely, But then also like when you're working from home for so long, you've built a routine, a life balance, right.
Speaker 2: Especially these corporate workers from Amazon, I can't imagine they're doing much like you know, creative collaboration. I'm sure it's just more tedious work. I would think.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've never had a corporate job, but you know, I don't so I think they have to be in the office. But also, if I was an Amazon employee, be like, wow, that was a really good, you know, four years that I got in.
Speaker 1: So Okay, say you worked from home for the last four years, like you said, and they required you to go back into the office five days a week. Would you just take it in stride or will you be like, you know what, I think, I'm gonna look for something that gives me more flexibility.
Speaker 2: I guess it depends on your situation. I would, you know, give it a shot.
Speaker 1: At least if I had already implemented my life as a work from home situation, I'd quit my job and find another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, personally, So I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, should Amazon, should companies in general make employees go back into the office five days a week, or should there be some little wiggle room there? Give us a call six oh two two six ohoh nine six ' nine. That's six to two six zho oh nine.
Speaker 2: Six ' nine. It's the Valley's best.
Speaker 1: Make six s ninety six nine. Hozier is going to be at our iHeartRadio Music Festival this weekend. There's still time to go axces dot com for tickets. We're in the middle of our hot topic and we find out that Amazon is requiring all of their corporate employees to go back into the office five days a week starting in January. Then the Internet is in a stir because they're like, why, what's the point. Why can't it be like a couple of days. Why does it have to be five days? Or maybe it's like some employees have already adjusted their life for work from home. So we're asking you, like is it necessary to work in the office to have a successful business. So we have Destiny on the phone. Destiny, what's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 8: I I I love you so much. I just want to say, if they are going to make the employees go back in, they should at least to like a hybrid schedule, maybe like two days in office, three days at home or vice versa.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, Destiny, I love you back. Do you have a situation with your work that's kind of that way?
Speaker 8: Well, they when they made us go back, they did a hybrid schedule, and I love it. I don't want to work fully at home because my mental identities could not handle it. But being able to stay home on Mondays and Fridays and you know, just kind of be lazy a little bit while I work and then go back into the office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, it's good for my mental health.
Speaker 1: I do like the hybrid schedule because it's a balance of both, right. But there were a lot of studies showing too that because of people getting ready in the morning and going to work in the commute home and back, they actually lose out on productivity because of it.
Speaker 8: Oh that's true. I honestly do feel like I can get a lot more done when I work from home, So that's that's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree. Thank you so much, Destiny. I appreciate you. I love you having to day. I love you too. Okay, if you have.
Speaker 1: An opinion on this hot topic, give us a call. We'd love to hear it. Maybe you're in this situation, or you're an employer and you have a strong stance six two two six nine sixty nine. That's six oh two two six oh oh nine six ' nine. It's two Sidy sixty nine The Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla in the middle of our hot topic, and Amazon is making employees go back to the office full time, five days a week starting in January. And the question is is it better? Does it make people more productive? Should people have the option to work from home? What are your opinions on this? Mark Impuria is on the phone. What do you think, Mark?
Speaker 6: You know, remote work honestly is the way of the future. I mean it cuts down on people having to commute, which is better for traffic emissions into the air and productivity. But also these companies that are moving through remote don't have the overhead of a giant office anymore. Yeah, it saves you hundreds of thousands of dollars for these huge companies just to give everybody a computer and send them home.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Thank you so much for your call.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you too.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to Chris and goodyear. Chris. What's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I'm kind of with you too. I'm the kind of person who I work well when we're bouncing ideas off of each other, when we're sharing best practices, you know, maybe somebody has encountered something and figured out a better solution for something I'm dealing with, and you just don't get that when you're by yourself at home either.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. So here's what I think, at the end of the day has to happen.
Speaker 1: These corporate employees and executives and these big CEOs should ask the employees, maybe take a poll, ask the majority, kind of see what everyone collectively feels, and then go from there, because I mean, study show that if your employees are happy, they're going to produce for you at their best capacity.
Speaker 2: So maybe give that a shot next time.
Speaker 1: All right, on the way, not only do we have What's Trending, where we're going to break down some of this stuff going on with p Diddy Combs, we're also going to talk about Green Day. We're going to tell you how you can win your tickets for tonight's show. That's all coming up just around eight twenty five this morning on Mix ninety six to nine. Let's bush on Mix ninety six nine. It's time for What's Trending And oh this news yesterday was so wild. Music mogul Sean Diddy Combs was arrested last night at a hotel in New York City. He's been charged with racketeering, sex trafficking, and transportation to engage in uh, you know, prostitution.
Speaker 2: At the hearing today in Manhattan, he pled not guilty.
Speaker 1: He was denied bail and remains in custody, which is so bizarre. There's these wild charges of these things called freakofs where you can even imagine what these videos entail. Fifty cent actually came out and said that people that attended his parties better keep their eyes open and be fearful because he secretly recorded a lot of the things that happened at those parties just in case something like this happened. So I wonder who's sweating in their seat this morning, So we'll see what's gonna happen from all of this. Aubry O Day she used to be and Danity Kane Caine came out and said, this is you know, relief for all the women and that have been affected by Sean Diddycomb. So we'll keep you posting on what's going on tonight.
Speaker 2: Green Day is in.
Speaker 1: Town at Chase Field. Doors open at five thirty. They should be on around eight pm. And remember there's a clear bag policy or only small purses no larger than four and a half inches by six and a half inches.
Speaker 2: And also we have a pair of tickets to hook you up with.
Speaker 1: So what we've been asking you to do, this is your last chance because we're gonna select a winner at eight thirty. You're gonna go on our iHeartRadio app hit that talk back feature and you have to sing the lyric wake Me Up When September, and in honor of it being September and it being the twentieth anniversary of the song, So.
Speaker 2: It's gonna sound something like this, wake.
Speaker 5: Me Up When September.
Speaker 2: If you do that, you're automatically entered. So do it now.
Speaker 1: It's your last chance before we select a winner on our iHeartRadio app. It's excitety six nine's best mix. My name is Priscilla, and tonight is the night Green Day is in town. Who So all morning long, I've been asking you to go to our iHeartRadio app and leave a little talk back singing the lyric wake Me Up When September, and and it's been so fun to hear everybody's you know, talkbacks. But I have a little secret to spill a little confession to make. I've been doing a social experiment because I've always wanted to do a flash mob, but obviously I can't. So I'm like, what is an audio version of a flash mob? So I did something fun. I took everyone's submissions together and made us made the entire valley, all of Phoenix sing wake me up when September ends, listen to this.
Speaker 2: Summer has come and past the innocent and never last.
Speaker 1: It's been so fun all morning hearing you guys, and we finally selected a winner.
Speaker 2: We got Derek on the phone. Good morning DeReKo. Yeah, you're going to Green Day. It's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 1: The reason we picked you is because you went above and beyond and you are actually the intro of this audio because, like you started off, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Has coming past innocent, can never less.
Speaker 1: How does it feel to lead Mike ninety six nights first audio flash mob?
Speaker 8: It feels great.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulates wait to start the day.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have such a fun night tonight. Send us pictures, videos, whatever you want. We cannot wait to see.
Speaker 8: It all awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, of course, and of course naturally we got to play a little Green Day, so let's do it right now. Here's Green Day, Wake me up when September ends. Billie Eilish on Mix ninety six nine, The Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for the vibe check and sits in the studio and let me see if this passes the vibe.
Speaker 2: The dream Job for bedrot, Yeah, I like it already.
Speaker 1: So you can get paid eighteen thousand dollars to stay in bed for two months.
Speaker 2: They're offering participants.
Speaker 1: It's a space clinic, a sixty day challenge to bed rest and just kind of see how the gravity laying in bed and all of that affects the body with bone and muscle loss, oh my gosh, especially during space mission. So volunteers must be between the age of twenty and forty five or excellent health, non smokers. Okay, and then yeah, you're gonna do be on bed rest for two months.
Speaker 2: Listen, where was this two months ago? That's sort of a perfect just feels like the dream job. I don't think nine months pregnant counts as like great health. Well listen, it might, but I get it.
Speaker 1: This does feel like your your perfect dream job, especially in the last few months of pregnancy.
Speaker 2: You know, I wonder how much it would really impact, like your muscles. That kind of scared me a little bit.
Speaker 1: It does a lot they I mean, there's already studies that say sitting most of the day really impacts your health.
Speaker 2: Imagine laying in bed.
Speaker 1: But you know you're the money though, just give me my money. Speaking of pregnancy, how is it going. You're officially tomorrow thirty seven weeks. Yes, we're pretty much on baby watch at this point.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. The neighbor across the street was like, hey, congratulations, because I'm very visibly pregnant. Yes, right, like you can say that. And I'm like, oh, thank you, and he holds up a little baby carriage. He goes, we had a baby on Wednesday. Another one. It's a little boy. Oh around a girl. So they could do some play dates. They're gonna be very close in age. That's awesome especially to have. Are those neighbors that you're close with, Not really, I mean we see them every year for trick or treat and they're a younger couple and they have a toddler as well, So okay, I think we'll get to know them because I'm gonna be like, hey, girl, help yeah playa How are you feeling about her being so close, the baby coming so soon? I mean all the things, Yeah, anxious, excited, nervous, which is all the right normal things to feel. Yeah, it's just a lot. I believe it's here. But also I feel like I've been pregnant for almost a year, which I have forever. Yeah, so any day now we're on baby watch. Listen.
Speaker 1: We are gonna miss you while you're on maternity leave, but we are so excited for baby Girl to take her appearance.
Speaker 2: Her debut, to be the newest member of the show. She's gonna be a star. She's gonna be the newest member of the girl Gang. Over here on mix.
Speaker 1: Well we cannot wait, all right, don't go anywhere. Your chance to go to Barrett Jackson is coming up just after nine oh five. Right here on Mix ninety six nine, Fall of four Non Blondes, I Mike ninety six to nine The Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla and sid did you see Ben Affleck over the weekend? Being a can't say the word on the radio, So I'll just say a play, a ladies man, a womanizer, a commitment fobe.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the back and forth with Jayl, I can't listen.
Speaker 1: I have been like kind of I wouldn't say Ben Affle team Ben, but I'm realizing that maybe Jen isn't the problem. So they were at brunch recently and he basically couldn't keep his hands off of her, and he was kissing her, and he doesn't want to be tied down, but he just has that sexual chemistry with her that is undeniable.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he wants to have his cake and eat it too.
Speaker 1: Is at the same exactly, And because we all know that j Lo is lover girl and she is blinded by love, I.
Speaker 2: Think Ben has taking advantage of it.
Speaker 1: And how many of us have fallen for the trap of being in love with a guy and he doesn't want to commit or be in a relationship, but he still wants to hook up.
Speaker 2: Oh everyone, I think everyone's been in that situation. It's so frustrating. But ladies, you gotta let him go get it together.
Speaker 1: I remember one time I broke up with well, he broke up with me. It was like my first love that I really fell in love with and we dated for like six months, and then it was long distance. He said he didn't want to be with me anymore, but he wanted to see me one last time for closure. My gosh and my dumb self met up with him and his family lived here, but instead of taking you back to his family's house, he.
Speaker 2: Took me back to a hotel because for closure. This one so far, all this reminds me of situationship that I moved across the country to get away from.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: He was like, I love you, but I don't think that I'm the one for you. Of course you're not. Fine, left his house in the middle of the night with all my things and moved across the country and never talked to him ever again. Listen, girl, look at you having that will power. I can't say the same for myself for Jla. I mean that was after you know, so many dramatic goodbyes and last night.
Speaker 1: Well, ladies, this is your warning and take it from us that have experience when a guy says he's not in a place to be committed, but he loves you and he just wants to be your friend. No, he doesn't, He just wants to hook up and have his cake and eat it too, So don't be like every other girl in America.