Speaker 1: Sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI.
Speaker 3: Honkey, good morning, Mike Bianchi. What's happening, man, what's happening? Lots of sports over the weekend. I think we should go right to the Formula one desk because I did such a poor job of it in Taco Bob's appsence on Friday.
Speaker 1: Wait sounded away, we go, We go to the F one desk, Taco Bob with the Postcrypto dot Com Miami Grand Prix report.
Speaker 2: Down from Miami. We had a victory. It was close, not really Oscar past three first place, Landon or a second.
Speaker 1: I actually.
Speaker 2: F one man here, dog, I actually drove through the traffic again this year. Every year I'm coming back from the Keys Sinco weekend and I forget and I'm like, oh, F one, I'm the f one guy I know about this.
Speaker 4: So who did Pastrami beat? Corn Beef?
Speaker 1: Oscar Piastre and Lando Norris got a one to two from McLaren who dominated the race. George Russell was third, Max for Stappen was fourth. Red Bull challenged uh Mercedes in On third place that was denied. So that this finals stand as they crossed.
Speaker 4: So there's the headline. The Strami turns verstap and into corn beef.
Speaker 3: Yes, and fourth place.
Speaker 2: Fifth place was albon which for our Spanish listeners, that's very close to Albondiga, which is a meatball. Wow.
Speaker 4: The cover headline for the Kentucky the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 1: While we're in motorsports, why don't we cover.
Speaker 4: The motor sports? Yeah, Joey Lgano with that fine looking to pay of his getting it done on the UH in the overtime. He ends up winning after complaining last week when Austar and Sindric his teammate didn't let him win the stage portion of the race. So yeah, Joey Logano wins in a Texas motor speedway. That's his first win of the year. Of course, he's won a couple of championships. He's one of the great drivers of all time by the way, Joey Logana. Not many people realize that, but he has won a couple of championships. He has thirty seven career victories now, so good for Juliya Logana. Did you see Denny Hamlin's car catch on fire?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I didn't think that race is ever gonna end yesterday. Man, there were a lot of cautions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so where was I gonna go? Oh, I was gonna go to Kentucky Derby. Speaking of race, and you ready for my headline for the Kentucky Derby. Sovereignty turns journalism into fake news?
Speaker 1: How about that? Huh?
Speaker 4: Journalism was the odds on favorite to win the race. Sovereignty coming down the stretch. Just did you watch the race? That was exciting as hell I did coming down the stretch because sovereignty, you know, he he goes with journalism down the back stretch and just just inches him out behind those Journalism sort of ran out of ran out of gas, ran out of ink at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Sloppy, sloppy, muddy course. But it was it was a good race, eh, Absolutely.
Speaker 4: NBA over the weekend. Golden State last night beats Houston in Game seven of their first round series. So Golden State advances. Buddy Heel of Golden State nine to three pointers last night thirty three points. Hey, Magic, you might want to check on Buddy Heel's availability for next year. Man, nine to three pointers? Are you kidding me? The Indiana Pacers yesterday in Game one of their series against the number one seed of Cleveland Cavaliers. They win that game, won twenty one to one. Twelve Tyrese Halliburton, who was, by the way, named the most overrated player in the league by an anonymous survey of his peers, he didn't look overrated against the Cavaliers yesterday. Uh And on Saturday, Nicola Jokich in the Denver Nuggets. They beat the Clippers in Game seven. By the way, Aaron Gordon just played lights out in that series for the Nuggets. So the Nuggets now advance as well in the second round is underway in the NBA playoffs. You guys, rooting for any team any of these which of these series is most intriguing you?
Speaker 1: In the in the semi you know what, I'll jump in on Indiana? Why not? Why not? Yeah? What about you do.
Speaker 4: Well the Celtics Knicks. That doesn't do anything for me as far as rooting for a team Pacers, Pacers, Cavaliers, Denver, Oklahoma City, Golden State, Minnesota, that sort of I don't know, that's sort of like to see Denver uh win it again? Who with three games left in the season and it looks like it might have worked in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Minnesota together. You know, I'm out of it once my magic went down. You know, if there was anything, i'd say Golden State.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of Game sevens in hockey over the week how fans in the Denver area with two franchises in game sevens over the weekend. The Avalanche fell short though Dallas starts to carry them to move.
Speaker 4: On my lanch loss, So yeah, I was upset about that.
Speaker 1: But then the two overtime deal last night as Winnipeg eliminates Saint Louis with for three.
Speaker 2: Wind You catch that, my lanch, pat, Hey, my Solar Bears brother. We have a game tomorrow night. We're in the Kelly Cup.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about your Panthers are continuing taking on the.
Speaker 4: Maple Leaves tonight Game one of that series. It's been thirty two years since Canada won a Stanley Cup. I don't think they're gonna do it here as well, but yeah, it's gonna be at that game. Game one is in Toronto, so those Canadian fans will be fired up to face the defending champions. We'll see what happens. Not I think my I think my panthers are gonna win it. I'll say winning six. They'll win in six. So what about the chef over the weekend? Scottie Scheffler ties the tournament record just by blowing away the feel that the Byron Nelson Classic. Of course, he grew up right near there. He Byron Nelson was one of his boyhood. He rose had his picture taken with Byron Nelson when he was six years old. So the chef ends up winning over the weekend. Bryceon to Schambeau by the way, the big meat head he did win on the LIV Tour, so you'll be happy to hear that he wasn't.
Speaker 1: Scheffler's was thirty one under.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tied the I had a PGA tournament record thirty one under. Ye.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. That is just if you stop.
Speaker 4: I think they need to toughen up that that that little course they're playing there Byron's rolling in his grave. This has become like a resort course out there at the Baron Nelson Classic.
Speaker 1: All right, it's plenty to talk about. With Mike the Bulldog Beingike. You can find him on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to nine. A game, hosting his show each weekday morning on adjacent HUSS that's called Open Mike, and he takes time from his show to join us here for the sports page each morning on j R R.
Speaker 4: By the way, a happy birthday to Napoleon Bonaparte today, the great French general. Usinango on demand to download the iHeartRadio app