Speaker 1: It's it's funny, and I mean, I guess this goes back into like old w or wrestling soup lore that you know, we talked about when certain people leave and certain people die, will there be shoot interviews about them? And I mean, Hull Cogan is now gone, and we still haven't really gotten much different than what we had before. Like I mean, the people that were coming out before when you're still alive are the same ones that coming out now. But Vince McMahon is an interesting one because it's really feeling like that this uh, this dark side of the ring about Jeff Jarrett and TNA is really the pimple popping because everybody, everybody is taking shots, like you know, people that you don't expect, like a Karen Jarrett and then other people like a Matt Hardy. And I'm like, oh wow, that's that's interesting. Like all these people are coming forward and you gotta figure this is a controlled environment, right, And I know Tony CON's on the show and stuff too, but this is a controlled environment. But I think allowing this out here is you're you're watching the pimple burst and then there's gonna be another big squeeze of just shit stories coming about about Vince McMahon. I mean, great colle came forward, A fucking fucking great collee came forward to bury Vince McMahon for fuck's sakes. This week.
Speaker 2: He he made me comedy character because it was too depressing to realize. I flapjack people to death, like the funk out of here.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I think it is is Vince now at this point is the wrestling business's ex boyfriend. And everybody's going to feel comfortable now that they've been removed enough from the situation, do you know what I mean? Like, it's like if you live in a small town or you don't go go to the same school or area or whatever. It's like you might break up with somebody and then you don't want to talk shit about them because you never know who's around, right, whether it gets back to you or you know, it's just somebody's family member. You know, that's just how people will act. You know, they'll hold their tongues. But in the case events now, it's like everybody's sitting at the table and they're all saying, all right, everybody, say what you're thinking on three one two, three vinces a piece. Of shit. Oh good, Okay, we can all show VNSUS.
Speaker 1: A piece of that, right, you know do an even big Show got his shots in today and it was today or yesterday because he just signed a new contract, right and my headline now because I'm ready on no DQ, the headline is signing a new deal with AW. It helps when your boss likes you. You Oh, like, dude, Vince kept you around for so fucking long, you were way past any use for years. You didn't get the hints that your career was in a downward spiral when you had you had you dress up like fucking baby Huey and fight us some ASUMO in the middle of wrestle Mania.
Speaker 3: Well you have to think to yourself, like, even with Vince's mindset and just the general wrestling mindset of everybody that was a promoter, which they got a little bit into talking about Jerry Jared on that.
Speaker 1: Episode Surprise, because they they really made it sound like this was like TNA is Jeff Jared's vision and baby Jeff Jared's the creator of TNN.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, well, there's just I think they're using the dad almost there's like a sympathy piece for Jeff. But I'm like, but Jeff was a piece of shit, Like, like, let's not forget that, Like, yes, Jeff was an alcohol and a lot of that could be you know, traced back to that. And I'm sure like they're like, Jerry Jarrett wasn't a perfect person by the means, and you're like, yes, but you have to always remember when you're talking about that kind of dynamic where it's like one person is a fucking addict and the other person's like a seventy five year old man.
Speaker 1: See, I never think I never saw it even like that, right, Like I think that they kind of uh ret conned why TNA existed in the first place. It was because the NWA was out of money. Yeah, well that too. I mean, let's be honest. The whole reason that NWA TNA existed, it was an NWA property. It wasn't some grand vision of Jerry Jarrett or Jeff Jarrett. It was an extension of them trying to because at the time, how many different NWA faction promotions do they have, like twenty.
Speaker 3: Why I can only distinctly remember Wildside by that point, but that's because it was the because that was aj Styles show right, you know what I mean. Like, that's why everybody that was an indie person in the early two thousands, late nineties remembers that. But like I guess getting back to like the thing with Vance, like when Big Show's sitting there going, oh, well, you know, I guess you did. You know they didn't like me or whatever the fuck? You weren't supposed to be a giant in one territory for twenty years. That's how these people thought about it.
Speaker 1: Let me read off what he says, right, so I'm looking at what he actually said. He says, let's thank Tony Khan because Tony Khan still sees something in me. So I'm grateful for that. It helps when your boss likes you. It kind of helps when he's one of those bosses that understands what you've been through, how uh and understands your your vision, the Big Show's vision. Oh okay. He's like, yeah, we're gonna make this happen. I want to see this happen too. So you're like, yeah, that's good because you know, hey, this is a tough business. But I'm very grateful. I'm very happy, and that's why I'm here to kick butt. Oh look in a world, didn't we just get done talking on Tuesday about there are no more WWE lifers. No, it's done yet, Big shows somehow found away found the algorithm to become a wrestling lifer.
Speaker 3: Well, this is what's funny to me too in this situation, is is what's what's her name too? You mentioned Karen Jarrett earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's on the dark side or whatever, right, right, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: She's also like Tony Kahn is a great person too. People are mean to him online. It's like, all right, we get it. Vince was a shit bag. Vince ran things like a fucking nasty, mean, fucked up businessman. Obviously we know this to be true. But Tony Kahan, it's like, yeah, you give them the infinite money glitch and then just make them like a dorky guy. Yeah, of course, you've gotta be a great boss to everybody.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It is if you gave whatever your special interest was, right, if you were a music guy or you know, wrestling obviously, but you know so you oh, you have a record label, you're signing a record label, and you have two bajillion fucking dollars. Well, I can just let every band that I've ever liked to make a record and whatever they need to pay to make that album great? And what do you want that? And four different colors? You want that vinyls sounds good? You want to tour Asia great? And you can just bottomlessly, endlessly fund your special interests. Then I'm sure everybody when the day comes that, they got to ask, Hey, what do you think about the guy that owns your record label?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: He's the fucking best.
Speaker 1: Right, he's awesome?
Speaker 3: We all love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, duh.
Speaker 3: You know, like he keeps making he keeps letting us make albums, and they sell, you know, they go fucking triple aluminum and sell fourteen hundred copies and we spend two hundred thousand dollars making it. But he's the best, He's the best, He's the greatest. And it's like, well, yeah, man, it's that is part of the game here too. And you know that to some extent, it's because you're talking to people like Big Show and Karen Jarrett and all these other people. They're into their fifties, so they've lived and they more than likely just want exactly what they're getting here. They want peace of mind, they want someone to be nice to them and they don't want to be asked to do too much, which is fine. Which is fine because to me, in my mind, I'm going if you had a regular job and any capacity, whatever it might be, firefighter, cop, you know, whatever your job is, they probably should look at you at fifty, he's three years old and say, we're not going to ask you to do the same level as shit as we're going to ask the twenty five year old to do because you might not be able to physically or mentally handle that cognitive load. But also at the same exact time, don't ignore the fact where it's like, yes, Vince was an asshole, Yes Vince was a piece of shit, but Vince was running a real business. And nobody wants to put up with the people that are running real businesses because they're it's miserable. It's miserable. The people that you meet that own whatever it might be. They own their own little store, they own their own restaurant, or whatever it might be, it's hard fucking work. One of my friends that has owned the food truck forever that I've known for twenty years, he's like, oh, yeah, I'm gona want to doing this, and he's doing all these events. If you talk to him for like more than five minutes, he's like, man, I can't wait to get out of this shit because it's fucking stressful and it beats the shit out of you. And yeah, I'm sure that's what it was like working for Vince. What's it like working for Tony Khant? Show up when you want checks in the fucking you know that Zell's hit in every six days. Yeah, no, wonder you think he's the man. But there you are, there you are if you're fucking the Big Show in twenty twenty six, I too would also say what a great boss, what a great guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I get that. It's just the absurdity of people taking what he says seriously, right, Oh yeah, So, I mean you have different levels of wrestling fandom, you have different levels of the media and people that are watching what what fucking Big Show says in twenty twenty six, And the fact that he can even get quoted for something like this as not being an absurdist joke is just wild. The fact that he's still getting signed, the fact that he's still getting signed, what has he done? What has Big Show done? In ten years and what.
Speaker 3: Can he contribute to, especially a show like a w Ye.
Speaker 1: People on the fucking thing. You know, it'd be one thing if everybody on the show is like six six and up, I'd be like, oh, well, you know what, as a bigger guy, maybe he knows like other things, like if he's not contributing creatively, maybe maybe Big Show is helping them, you know, just be able to find cheap clothes. I don't fucking know, but what is Big Show doing for people that are literally the size of his knee? Like that's just.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's the sports thing, right with the veterans where you know, both you and I during the beginning of the NFL LAFT season, we're going, oh, hey, Kirk Cousins got signed to go to Vegas and help out that for Fernando Mendoza kid, Like yeah, they're both like churchy, dork Flanders guys perfect perfect, you know, like just the same, like a similar amount of athletics, raised kind of similar, have the same interest. So cool, there's somebody that you know I can I can tag you up with and they can help you out. Who's helping Who's Big Show helping out?
Speaker 1: So so Derek's threw it up in there. He's like, you know, a big show really put over Hobbs when he was there. You know, that's funny because Hobbes is saying that his time in WWE has exceeded all of his expectations. He is he is happier in WWE doing nothing, doing nothing than he was in AW He said, Uh, it's exceeded my expectations. It's been wild. From the moment that I put on put pen to paper and knew I was coming here, to everything that's happened since, it's just been incredible. There are moments right before my music hits that I'm about to walk out where everything feels like it's in slow motion. I'm it honestly feels like I'm living in a dream that I don't want to wake up from. Everything has been really great, really great. I've been put in some great positions and I've knocked it out of the park. That's exactly what I plan to continue doing. Yeah. Yeah, And you know what, though, from what I've heard from random people, he's very well liked. He's very very well liked there from what I've gathered.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure that you know he shows up and hey, listen, man, nothing will take this thing out and not being booked and not being featured like everybody making you feel like, hey, we're glad to have you here, and we're not going to just fucking kick you out the door next week.
Speaker 1: They just don't know what the fuck they're gonna do with him, TKO. If they're running everything creatively, they have no idea who he is because they didn't pay attention to aw So even focusing on a guy like Hobbs or Starks or any of these new guys is is almost fascinating work because they have to be convinced by guys like Triple H, by that creative team, that booking committee, that that's the right idea. Because even though to us Hobbs is a great wrestler, looks like a looks like a fucking Hollywood star, he looks like a bruiser in some Hollywood movie, you know, Like he's not he's not Denzel, He's Denzel's friend's friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's that's it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Is Like, there's only so many spots to go around. And it goes back to what I was saying, you know, a month ago or so. For everybody to continues to suck on seth Rowlins's ass. You can't then turn around and go, well, where's the push for the wrestler that I like? It's like, well, that's where it is. It's with him. So that's what the main event of SummerSlam for night too, meaning like this is the big it's's supposed to be Night two, right, the big, big fucking it is Roman Reigns and seth rawlins in twenty twenty six. Yeah, So if people are confused as to why, like, man, why my favorite wrestler the jumped ship if you want to even call it that, from aw, they're not being featured, they're not being presented in any sort of way. Well, because we're still doing the same shit that we did six years ago, and going back to Vince having the fucking giant Paul White under contract for fifteen goddamn years. That's not how wrestling was booked forever and ever. That's not how people knew how to set shit up. You weren't supposed to be on top for a decade. You weren't supposed to be standing in the ring across.
Speaker 1: From Yeah, well I will say no, no, no, but.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, like with a romance ath all these people, like that's not what's supposed to happen. That Big Show wasn't either, but like that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But they can always do weird things with Big Show, right, So they would make him a fucking comedy character for two three years and then all of a sudd and somebody would get a bug up their ass and then make him angry Paul White angry Big Show. And then he'd go out there and he'd accidentally touch like aj Lee and then start weeping all over the place, like it's just he's not a good person to judge how this is supposed to run. And the fact that he's still out there in some capacity eating up money from a promoter that has that that supposedly is the future of wrestling, I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: You know how funny it is to me that I actually saw people like this on the seamous video we put out, or just randomly I've seen people talking about him and you know, well, going to aw why he wouldn't go blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: They hired back.
Speaker 3: The Big Show, right, they re signed Big Show.
Speaker 1: Yep, he's worth it. So he's worth it, I mean, and I get it.
Speaker 3: It's like it's odd because I remember distinctly saying Seamus is not John Cena. He's not even fucking cm punk in terms of people see that.
Speaker 1: Jackson is right too, He's like they re signed Andrada. Yeah yeah, Oh. I mean then there's a guy who literally pissed in your closet before he walked out, and you still hired him back.
Speaker 3: And I legitimately like Indrade and I always thought they could do more for him and by day, I mean just wherever he might have been awwwe, But yeah, this is the point of where he w is. Beggars can't be choosy, and I know everything that happened last night. I didn't watch the match. I was telling myself, I should have done it today, but I didn't. Where now they took the belt off of MJF again and put it on fucking Kenny Omega so they can go to England and.
Speaker 1: Have future wind.
Speaker 3: And it's just gonna go to will Osprey, who is like, is Osprey even where he was or what he was? Has Osprey ever actually been actually you know, has he ever realized what he's supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be well, I'm in the wrestling world. I'm sure those ten thousand people that show I'm sorry those ten people that show up, well, really appreciate will Osprey winning the title in their in their home.
Speaker 3: Which which that's it is. For whatever, it's worse for them to say. Listen, we've been writing down on a piece of paper for two three years that will Osprey is going to face off against Kenny Omega and the fucking you know he's going to do that at Wembley. Now, you're just doing the same shit that people get mad at ww for, where it's like you just you're married to this idea, this match, this thing that has to happen. There's no way around it, and it's got to be for the belt, and he's got to win the title and he's got it. It's like everything else be damned.
Speaker 1: Well. That's the thing too, is there's such brand loyalists that they can't see through the fucking bullshit shoe. Look, that was one of the things too, and I saw a couple articles talking about that. Going back to the shamous thing that you brought up was basically criticizing us, saying you guys would do no different. You had nothing to do with a guy like Seamus, and it's it's kind of like I disagreed with that sentiment that we couldn't have figured out something to do with Shamus. I think Shamus had enough overhead that, you know, I think anybody with half a brain could have seen this guy and figured out something to do for his exit, something anything, like I understand, right, Like how could you keep Shamus relevant? Like that was one of the things too. If they had Seamus go up against Cody and this was obviously when Cody was still the champion, I had Shamus win the belt, would anybody have given a shit? Well, I mean, with the current way that WWE books everything, does anybody give a shit about anything? You know what I mean? Like if you give somebody halfway competent an idea and figure out, hey, look, Cody and Seamus, that could be some hard hitting matches. Like I mean, everybody goes back and they referenced Joe. They always reference Drew McIntyre and Seamus. Why do they do that? Because it was probably some of the most exciting fucking matches of Shamus and Drew's career at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it happened once again in front of fucking nobody.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, well that helped too, is that there was nothing else to do other than watch Shamus and Drew murder each other out there every week. And I was like, but that's why people bring it up. They don't bring it up because like all of a sudden, people just discovered, hey, Seamous is a star. No, Seamus went out there and tried. He had an idea. They both utilized it and went out there and did something and nobody expected, which was had brutal, fucking matches that exceeded any expectations that we'd normally see on a fucking raw. So the idea that oh, well it's twenty twenty six, you know, there's nothing to do with Shamus anymore. Bullshit. That's short. That's small mind thinking. I think with And don't get me wrong again, I'm not putting this into the the responsible arms of TKO. But they fucked I mean, they fucked up Gunther and Sina right like they fucked up AJ Gunther and AJ like they've they've they've really had a bad time with this retirement bit. But I still think that there's room, there's wiggle room with a guy who's at least charismatic like Shamus, who's really come into himself in his final years. Jesus Christ, Joe, do you wonder, and this is again piggybacking off the shame of stuff? Do you worry about what's gonna happen to Orton when he leaves his company? Oh? God, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I think that Randy Orton just threw his overall ba or or his overall attitude that he puts out into the world. He's gotta already come to peace with the fact that whenever this shit ends, it's not gonna end. Well, you know what I mean, Like, he's got to already have dealt with the fact that, you know what, I have been here for a quarter of a century. I've given my entire adult life to this company, and I'm probably gonna walk out with the equivalent of a sheet cake and a handshake. And to some extent, I see where the corporate mindset once again comes into it. Like I said, she does she?
Speaker 2: She?
Speaker 3: Well, no, does she take in the fucking handshake?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? To them, do they see it as are we investing in something that is on the way out as opposed to can we get any use out of this, you know, employee. What we have the time here, can we create some moments? Can we make some sort of impact, whether it be just with the general wrestling audience or on a bigger scale. I mean, the scene of retirement had no impact really in the mainstream outside of some shit on you ESPN Randy Orton. For all of his memory and everything that he has done, and the millions of people who've been exposed to him as a wrestler for twenty something years, you would think that they could do something with that. Am I expecting them too? Though? No, No, I'm expecting them to absolutely bungle that, And yes I get it where it's like, well, Randy Orton once again, nkfe Banda just perception wise is a much much bigger star than even a guy like Seamus was. But it's it's such a simple story of a guy who's older. He's the baby face. You can't do it anymore. He's the beaten down, fucking dog. He still can be presented as tough. I've been here through everything, and you know, blah blah blah blah blah. You do that for three months, people act like you want this to headline Madison Square garden. It's like, no, you just tell it quick, little couple month's story and to try to builk some emotion out of people. As shitty as it sounds, but that's what wrestling is. You're supposed to try to get people to feel a little something, get something out of it. I mean, with Seth Rollins doing his weird improv fucking crowd work shit on Monday, that's what he was going for, and it sucked fucking ass because he doesn't know what he's doing. I might I don't have many of these main events ahead of me, all right, SE's sure, right, all right, this is what I dreamed about doing when I was a little boy. That's not no one gives a fuck. That's not genuine. But if you have someone who's almost fifty years old, they say I've been injured all the time. I mean, my god, can you believe with the way that they fucking move that Intercontinental Championship around, they didn't even try to just give them the fucking Icy title and then get them out the door. Ye believe they didn't do that, put the Icy title on him and then have him face off against any fucking make it fucking Ethan Page for all I care where Seamus has the belt. I finally won the Intercontinental Championship, and then a guy like I said, even an eaton page comes out and says, all right, well how about this. If I can't beat you for that, then I fucking leave WWE. If you've beat and then you gotta go. And then that's how you let Seamus leave, as opposed to just what walk out the fucking door.
Speaker 1: It's just with nothing, well nothing, rustling soup. I'm Anthony Thomas, He's Joseph, he numbers and uh yeah, another Thursday is in the books. And here we are too kind of gripe about the direction of things, Like there's a lot of little news that has happened, and I know we were talking on Tuesday that there was a lot of news going on, but it seems like the Seamous overhang is still something very important in the minds of a lot of people. Because I really strongly believe Eve that even though Seamus's agent is is kind of working everybody on Twitter and stuff saying that Tony Kahan needs to unblock them and every other silly thing that's going on there, I really think that that's where he's gonna show up, and if anything, I'm expecting Seams to perhaps show up and all in at Wembley.
Speaker 3: Oh would that be too soon though?
Speaker 1: Is it not? Does he even care about the ninety days anymore? Like? I know that's a good boy. I mean, that was a Vince thing. Vince Vince got all hurt about those things. Kes like, we don't fucking care. Who are we fighting with the Cheese Whiz Company?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fuck out of here? Whatever.
Speaker 3: I think to myself though, if they're gonna do the Wembley thing, it's more than likely gonna be New Day. That seems like, Yeah, I'm not saying TNA is not above or TNA forty and slip aw is not above debuting five fucking wrestlers on one night. They're not above that. But I can see them doing that and having it be that's what happens at Wembley, and then that next Wednesday, you know what's Seamus O'Shaughnessy doing in the aw zone reckon. I could see that becoming a thing, and it's just I don't know. It makes me laugh because everybody goes, well, you know, the New Day is going to show up there, and then they can have matches with the Young Bucks and it's like, oh hooray uh and that seems to be yeah, wooh oh Young Bucks are right?
Speaker 1: Do we just have the New Day loses seth for a few months like that? Fuck?
Speaker 3: Can you picture just somebody who's the person that's sitting like sitting on the couch right, and then the music the lights go out on a Young Bucks promo and then the New Days stand in the ring, right because obviously life's gotta go out and then come back on. They stand up from their couch and they go, yeah, fuck, yeah, yeah, the Young Bucks a New Day. Yeah, can you imagine that fucking person.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not even just that even if you had younger Bucks, like what what do you what are you doing with this feud? Like what can you possibly do with this feud?
Speaker 3: The same thing they.
Speaker 1: Did with FDR.
Speaker 3: They'll just trade wins for fucking two or three years.
Speaker 1: That's all it will be.
Speaker 3: And we'll see Kofi Kingston fall on some thumbtacks, probably get super kicked with the thumb tack shoe. It's like, I don't fucking the more than.
Speaker 1: Streighter says that people actually enjoy the Young Bucks matches like that's an actual thing, the same way that people enjoy singing along with Seth's entrance. It's a novelty, it's not it's not something that they're going to go home and dream about and think, man, what that What an amazing match that old young Matt and Trey put out there all like, yeah, Matt and Trey. Nobody's thinking that, Like young Bucks matches in twenty twenty six are like a flashback episode of when you know Russeley was fun. It's that's what it.
Speaker 3: Is, from a decade ago when with the NDEs and when it was hot for thirty seconds, right, dude. We got to remember, as you know, obviously the trends are going to hit us a little bit later because we're fucking grown ups, right, and somebody's probably already going to hear me say this and go, well, this has already moved past internet trends or whatever. But I remember a couple of months ago where the big thing was it's two thousand and sixteen, Like the kids online were like, we're nostalgic for two two thousand and sixteen. The world, the world in the in the past.
Speaker 1: We were we were already six years into our show and sick of it.
Speaker 3: Correct. Yeah, yeah, we were already making fun. Yeah, we were fucking making fun of TNA pay per views of that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like that's like two thousand and sixteen. I was seeing ship where it was like, we're putting two thousand and sixteen filters on our photographs. I'm like two thousand and six like remember the history of that. And I'm like, dude, I sell shiit.
Speaker 1: Look I know, in total segue, I sell shit that's from two thousand and six and I have to put vintage on it. Yeah, And I'm just like.
Speaker 3: Ugh, and you're and you're saying, whoa, look at this, this is vintage. But then you also realize that mish right around at time is when the Young Bucks were doing PWG.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: So right, yeah, that's how long ago this shit has been going on. For it, it's the same fucking thing.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing. I still remain in some sort of state of shock and confusion, and it may actually make me think that prayer has some value. That the young Bucks are never hurt. How are these guys never hurt? They've been doing stupid fucking shit to themselves. They don't for twenty years.
Speaker 1: They're not John Moxley, Joe, come on, no, but there's a bit of Darby Allen come on, flips.
Speaker 3: To the outside and landing on their ass and the fucking concrete and doing stuff.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to tell me that Jesus has come down from heaven to protect Matt and Trey Parker. Maybe that's maybe that's it. Maybe that's what it is, Like I said that, maybe there's something to that. I don't know, because how are these fucking guys never for ever hurt. Biggie had a whole career, got injured and laughed, and the young bucks are still going. Who does Biggie worship? We need to find out which which demon or god that Biggie bows to, and like avoid that one, you know, Biggie.
Speaker 3: Biggie's sitting there with his sitting in the back with his trombone and fucking unicorn horn on his head and he's just like, I want to thank Ball before we have this match, showed out to all the demons and hell.
Speaker 1: Ho six lay.
Speaker 3: Rich Holland went to throw him and Jesus smacked him out of the air like the can be Matumbo.
Speaker 1: What happened by this said?
Speaker 3: Not for this demon being allowed to wrestle. Yeah, no, it makes no fucking sense. I know. It's the dream match nostalgia. That's crazy. I never thought i'd see this happen. I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is true, but I've heard this that, like, you know, people born in the South have more rubbery skeletons because of all the inbreeding.
Speaker 3: Well, they're from the Come on, dude, they're from California.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're from the South with California. Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, true, Yeah, they're like weird Mormon people or whatever. I don't know what they are, but they just enough enough already. Like I said, it's just it's funny to me to imagine going, oh, okay, why would they want a Shamous in there. I don't even give a shit about ninety nine percent of the AW roster, and I can think of five matches without even trying that. I go, Seamous would have a good match with that person, You'd have a good match with Swerve, He'd have a fucking good match with JF Dare I even say he might be able to drag a decent match out of the fucking shithead cowboy.
Speaker 1: I think Seamus could have a good match where Darby falls off of things, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think that Seamus could remind Darby that at one point he was capable of wrestling.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that would be The funny thing too, is Darby does all this shit. He sets up barbed wire flatboards in the corner, He gets a table out and he puts some thumbtacks spikes on it. He lights it on fire, and he comes up to Seamus and Shamus just punches him in the fucking mouth and drops him right there. It doesn't just just one fucking punch drops him ends the match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And honestly, I like street Fighter put that in there too. Him and a younger guy like Brody King. He could teach a guy like Brody King. Remember when we were saying Big Show's got nobody that.
Speaker 1: He you forget show. The young guys don't listen to the old guy's in aw, that's true. So I mean, like you're at this Catch twenty two, Yeah, you want to bring in this guy who still has a lot left to give, and if he can't do it physically, he sure can do it through experience and wisdom. Oh, but nobody wants to listen to him because he's a WWE guy and he happens to be older. Fantastic, good luck with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well this is how we know that this shit's going to ever get better. By the way, I will say after having I didn't see the match that MJF had last night with Kenny o'meg, I just I can't give a slight fuck.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what the thing's going to be.
Speaker 3: But at this point, is MJF so revered and put on a pedestal just due to the fact that he's probably the only person in aw it found a way to get a little bit better every year in spite of nobody else.
Speaker 1: Fucking I don't think that's ever improving. I think he just gets notoriety. I think the MGF is the one guy besides Tony Kahan that his name gets thrown around everywhere if you seriously, look, Joe, We've gone at least thirty minutes now talking about the show, and we haven't stopped once to talk about the fact that Jungle Jack Perry has officially re signed with the Hate.
Speaker 3: Oh he was holding out on that. I thought they were pulling a Mitch McConnell with him and just I mean, I know the kid's brain dead, but I thought that's what they were doing. They're just gonna wait out his contract. Have us think that he doesn't wrestle there anymore? Yeah, no, Thank fucking god, that Jungle Boys back there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's created. Is like nobody gives his shit. They've been pushing this for weeks, like I think it's an aw push. It's obviously melts are putting it out in the ether too, but like for weeks, it's like, oh, his Jungle Boy gonna sign of course he is. Where the fuck else is he gonna go?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: What is he gonna do?
Speaker 3: Act?
Speaker 1: He can't fucking act in aw you gonna want to put him on a screen, There's.
Speaker 3: No it's like no personality. Here's five ft six, Yeah, where the fuck is he going? That's that is amazing to think about. It's quite literally just the most fucking bottom of the barrel. It's like when you see the ship come up on your Instagram feed of somebody who's on like the practice squad for your team, and they're like, best wishes to this guy, You're like, I don't know the fuck that is, right. I go, Oh, don't worry, man, he's gonna get picked up by this person. It's like, no, he's no, he's probably not. He's probably going to work at the fucking Honda dealership. That's not where he's going. Like, and maybe he'll end up in a practice squad somewhere else. But yeah, you're right, Like, where the fuck is Jungle Boy going. If he's like I'm gonna hold out with a w where who's taking him?
Speaker 1: No one, the biggest small guy in TNA. Like, look, dude, it's just that's what I'm saying when you bring up AW. And I mean people could talk about how famous will Osprey is and maybe maybe maybe John Moxley, But I really think that when AW comes up in casual conversation, it's only Tony Conn and MJF. That's it. Yeah, And I don't think MGF is getting better. I just think his name is notorious notoriety. Sorry not yeah, sorry?
Speaker 3: By better, should I should really I should clarify what I mean by that he has at least not regressed to the point where it's highly visible and he hasn't completely shown his ass as somebody that's not worth anything, and to the point that there's still people and a lot of you know, old time WWE wrestlers. I think it was like fucking gender Mahal or somebody someone recently put which you know, big star. It was like, will be the future of w W if he goes there? And I saw that, and I thought to myself, I go, m JF, would be the future of w W if you went there? Well, first of all, not Samoan uh, second of all five, six, third of all, Well's.
Speaker 1: Dying, who's dying to give? He could be?
Speaker 3: So I saw he's of a tribe that is true.
Speaker 1: No, no, I mean I legit mean that. I mean there's I saw a picture with three lovely Samoan ladies. I believe it was Ava rain Naya Jackson, Rock's ex wife. I'm sure he has his pick from to get into the family if you will.
Speaker 3: Do you think that there's just like shindy guys somewhere that found out the Rock's daughter was gay, and we're like, damn it, that could have been my end.
Speaker 1: You know, you could put on a WI.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's it is. Maybe that's the next step. Is some some gal, some indie wrestling gal is gonna glom onto fucking rock shitty, talentless daughter, and they'll be like, that'll be hurrying, you know, but I'm you know, what the funny thing is is, I'm also kind of okay with that because that's what uh, that's what wrestling has been doing.
Speaker 1: You know, guys have been doing that with women for years. It's about time that women can do it with women.
Speaker 3: So yeah, right, yeah, yeah, it's a lady.
Speaker 1: Ladies, it's your chance. Do your dance.
Speaker 3: Get in there, get in there, start chomping. Yea, you you fucking you chomp your way to a better life. I'm not judging you. I think that's fucking great. I like to see it. I mean I like to see it, but I also like to see it. Uh No, I don't know, dude, this it's funny to me that MJF could potentially be, like I said, who's dying because right now it seems like they're completely unwilling. I'll shake this fucking tree like Punk will leave on his own accord. I feel like at this point, who else.
Speaker 1: Well, what did he call it? The champ Tours? Shit is what he put ups on Yeah, he's got like a picture of all the days he's working as a champion now, Like I think is doing this so on the nose that if you don't understand that he's going through motions right now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's kinda he's getting ready to go and as he should.
Speaker 1: You know what if you take everything for face value news wise that has come up about Punk over the last few months, you know, his disappearance, whether you believe it was because of riot or not, or because he was unhappy about aj Lee all of a sudden kind of getting the the side shuffle out of the company when she wanted to come back after all that time, Like that alone, how can you not believe that would piss piss somebody off? Right, Like, my wife hasn't wrestled in twenty years, fifteen years, or whatever the fuck it was. Now she wants to come back and wrestle, and you guys are like, ah, yeah, here's a month, here's a couple of months with Becky. Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: We'll give you the safest, most mundane kind of shit.
Speaker 1: They didn't even give her anything as far as like a storyline and stuff. I always felt like with aj Lee with a lot of these wrestlers in WWE. She's like, hey, you know what, guys, you know what to say? Just you know, yeah, just go yeah, I just just ham it up. I mean, Jesus Christ jay Uso is the king of that ship with his aura farming. He's just going out there as a whole. Can you play my entrance fourteen more times?
Speaker 3: That's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Stop it. And the fucking people keep eating this up. No wonder TKO is taking all of our fucking money.
Speaker 3: Right, They're fine with just looking at it and going, well, they'll fucking give them anything, they'll eat anything.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not about developing storylines and shows and stuff like that. It's about squeezing as much time as they can with sponsorships until they hit whatever they need in order to go off the air. That's it. Whether it's more and more ads in the ring, or more and more ads on TV, or just even talking about it on the Announced team, or just everything is about them making another dollar. And at no point do they look at their actual talents. At least this is how I perceive it now, And no point does it feel like they're looking at their actual talents. Oh that's where the money comes from They don't feel like that anymore. Tk's like, no, the money comes from the ring mat. That's what's making us the money. The money's coming from uh, seth Rollins eating a slim gym. That's where the money's coming, Not from Seth Rollins actually having a decent storyline in a match, not from guys like La Knight who literally garner attention and have people that want to see him succeed. No, that doesn't make money. Those are just the things in between the things that make us money, you know, commercials.
Speaker 3: And this is it all goes back to. And I think I was talking to John about this the other day. I can't remember what he was around. He might have been talking about the fucking whatever. It was a super Girl movie or something. I'm like, it's the it's the inshitification of everything by big companies, which is now their idea is not that we're gonna we're gonna tap dance for you. Look, we're doing a thing. Thank you, sir, have a nice day. Like they're not even approaching you from that level there, looking at you like you're getting between the money that they owe you. Yeah, Like, how what the what are these fucking people complaining about, oh oh, there's an entire rat in their pancake. The fucking what scoop it out, throw it out of the way, just eat the rat pancake. Like that's where we have gotten to, like with all the talk about like fan entitlement and this person's entitled or blah blah blah blah blah. No one's talking about how we've completely or nobody in wrestling. I feel like, at least I haven't seen they're not talking about the entitlement of like corporatism to where it's just fuck you eat it.
Speaker 1: Well, because nobody fights it. Everybody does bowls over. For example, Dan Housen. Dan Housen's the next one up that is absolutely part of the corporate machine. He would have been a one and done joke in the Vince McMahon era of wrestling, but with TKO and his connection with the NBA and the Knicks and stuff. So apparently, WWE has invited several members of the twenty twenty six NBA champion New York Knicks is the Saturday Night's main event on July eighteenth. Everybody, multiple New York Knicks players are expected to be there, which makes sense after WWE already leaned into Dan Housen's whole uncursed the nixt story for the MSG show. The bigger wrinkle is Jelen Brunso Brunson, sorry Jesus Christ's yeah, Brunso JEBRISI. I guess he has a role at Saturday Night's main event with several creative pitchers pitches involving Dan Housen. This would be the payoff after dan Housen became part of the next title run by uncursing the team. The problem is his wrist. WWE was told that his risk was undergoing surgery, which took any physical involvement off the table, but they later reported that he had an injury after playing to the next championship. So anyways, that's what it's going to be. So now all of the Bears in WrestleMania, what was it too, We're gonna have the Knicks invade invade the WWE Saturday Night's main event.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you this, at least the people in New York are gonna fucking love it. They'll be happy that that crowd that city. As somebody who's from Boston, I can't take away from the fact that the people in New York City do legitimately love and support them.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny that you say that because I remember it wasn't that long ago that we were talking about Tom Brady getting involved with WWE, and you kind of sucked your teeth on that one.
Speaker 3: Well, the difference is in that situation is Tom Brady is like almost fifty and there is also God love him.
Speaker 1: I mean he's I mean, I do, I know, I know you do.
Speaker 3: But he's not missed a personality. That's just a fact. Like the way people well Tom Brady. Like for all the things that people shoot on Tom Brady about, right if he wears gay shoes and kissed his son and he's a cheater, and I'm like, yeah, but can we at least just focus on one thing, which is that he's kind of just a boring dude. Like he's he's great when he's talking about fitness and motivation and telling stories about games and stuff, and it's like, all right, he's pretty good in that he's not a riveting storyteller. WWE.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're going to sit down and do his shoot interview with Tom Brady in the middle of rustle Mania. It was I know, but could you?
Speaker 3: But like, honest to God, And this is where it's one of those things where it's like you have to colin balls and strikes in this moment right where if I I'm looking at that and I'm going as somebody that spent as many hours in a wrestling ring as I did, and then somebody that's washed as much Tom Brady in their life as I have, I'm picturing I'm picturing Tom Brady trying to do a body slam and then afterwards believably being hyped up, and it literally tightens my asshole in embarrassment, Like I'm just like imagining like, oh no, oh.
Speaker 1: Uh no, he can't do that.
Speaker 3: Rob Gronkowski, sure, sure, even goofy like a Travis Kelcey goofball, Like could he get away with that?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Kittle fucking the second to Kittle's done playing in the NFL, we'll see him on WWE television semi regular that I can almost I mean, if I could put on my Genie fucking hat and say that, that's a pretty safe prediction. But Brady's just not He's not missed a personality like that. He wouldn't The wrestling thing wouldn't work for him, you know, Shannon Sharp, Yeah, you could have done it.
Speaker 1: I have done that.
Speaker 3: Menagine him standing there and he's just yelling. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: No, I would have loved it if he was just in the back of like Kathy Kelly, and then his phone is down and you know, I did realized I was broadcasting, you know, Kathy. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: I gotta go text a girl. It's not even drinking age what I mean. Yep.
Speaker 1: Kathy Kelly just looks at us. She's just like, no, No, I met the one that's he got caught with. He was fucking her live on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Oh that was a different yeah, yeah, yeah, I forgot about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, yeah, that's a I don't know how to work my phone wink like you know.
Speaker 3: You know what, first of all, our truth handled that brilliantly. I remember his comments on it were sucking hilarious. Well it was, but also maybe this is just this is just my opinion on it. I wouldn't want anybody in the general public to bear witnesses to be fucking It's just not a.
Speaker 1: Well they didn't see it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know.
Speaker 3: I know, but this way, this way, I wouldn't want them to see it, but I almost less we want them.
Speaker 1: To hear it, to hear they're.
Speaker 3: Seeing it in applying context and then also being like I don't want to watch this and they're turning it off. That's almost better than them hearing you make your fuck noises and use your voice like it's just.
Speaker 1: Like, honey, why are you randomly punching the wall? Shut up?
Speaker 3: Like you really think about that, as somebody in your entire fucking adult life has recorded your voice and heard your voice and heard people listen to it, right, just whatever would you? Would you almost rather have to see you fucking for five five cent seconds ago. I'm not interested in this and turning it off or hearing your hearing this say to well fucking and they're like, oh, I'm leaving the sun because this is hilarious. You see what I'm saying, Like it's almost it's one of those weird moments where somehow visually that would be less intimate than them hearing you. It doesn't make sense in any other context, but in that it does to me. Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, maybe I'm maybe I'm insane. I could possibly be it. But then again, what do I know? I just think that Seamus could contribute something to w Jungle Boy, ain't gonta do much for you? I mean tom Brady has more personality than Jungle Boy. That's is that a ring endorsement of my goat? I mean that he could probably cut a better.
Speaker 1: But did Tom Brady land a multi year contract with aw Joe? I mean, I don't know that's a good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, he's no Big Show. What the dude? And I go back to that, what the fuck is Big Show's vision? I mean, it is his vision in twenty twenty six? What the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: His vision is him looking out his back portrait his pool, going I don't have to work anymore.
Speaker 1: I think that's what his vision is.
Speaker 3: I just don't. I don't see in this situation other than we just are all supposed to kind of do the tip of the hat and just go take the rich kids money. I think that's what we're all supposed to disagree on that we just go, sorry, picture.
Speaker 1: Just take the money. Just take us money, dude, It's okay.
Speaker 3: Like if he signed Kurt Angle tomorrow and paid Kurt Angle two million dollars to not show up. I'd be like, all right, I'm not gonna say anything. I'll just keep I'll just keep that to myself, you know. But at least, like we said earlier in that situation, whereas he was, you know, I'm going to pay Kurt Angle to come in and coach my talent. Okay, at least that like you can't say to me in this you know twenty twenty six that Kurt Angle couldn't comprehend the idea of like a spot Monkey ex Division type wrestler. He absolutely he could help them way more than a fucking So that's.
Speaker 1: A good look. Lifer put up a picture of Big Show. I guess that's a current picture. Why why is he getting in shape for what? To not die?
Speaker 3: I think that's it.
Speaker 1: I is that just he's trying to not die.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's and it sounds so dark, but it's the he's these exact words have come out of his I know.
Speaker 1: But if this is going on, if this is going on wrestling sites and stuff, that's not just Hey, I'm trying to stay healthy for my family and my kids, and you know I love my future. It's this is hey, look at me, Look at what I'm doing. I'm getting back into the spotlight. Give me attention.
Speaker 3: Now. Look I'm jacked. Look how jacked I am, which I have no pride, you know, would be proud of your hard work or any of that ship. But also I still think if you've got money now in time and you don't, you can't pull that off as a man.
Speaker 1: Kind of on you.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, go get go to the fucking go to the fucking nut killer doctor. Go get yourself some tests.
Speaker 1: Is there an Adam Sandler movie coming around? Is that? What's like the movie about Captain and Santa was finally landing.
Speaker 3: Right, There's an Adam Sandler movie coming around, and big show with it. It's actually gonna be a They're gonna do a direct remake of the Taylor Swifts wedding.
Speaker 1: The big Show is going to re enact as Epstein. Uh yes, yes is christ No.
Speaker 3: By the way, do you know that whole thing that happened at mad Speaking of Madison Square Garden, I guess they're fucking Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey got married. Yes, at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's a beautiful place to have a wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus Christ. I try to. I try to like not engage with anything with her because it's just so not you can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you do, Joe, You're gonna get sued, right, I mean that that blow my mind, right, Like reselling shit. Finding out that all these all these little fans, all these Taylor Swift, these Swifties that make up like little shirts and little hair bands and little posters of Taylor Swift, and they resell them online. She sues the shit out of every single fucking one of them. She regularly cruises Etsy. Etsy is like the eBay for children that eat fucking glue. Okay, That's what Etsy is. And she just cruises it on her days off and just sends cease and desist to all these fucking fans of hers, and soon the ship out of them.
Speaker 3: She is such a like I said, I try to avoid speaking on her because it's just not culturally my lane at all, and she has a cult and it's fucking weird, but it is amazing the level of once again, like the billionaire contempt for the little man, right, Like you said, there, Look, I made a I made a Chalor Swift ear rings She's like, fock you how much?
Speaker 1: I just I just want four dollars for them, just just to make up for the safety pins and glue.
Speaker 3: I want you a money copy. It really is just rich, stoless ghold behavior from somebody who people are like, this is their entire life like this, there's just completely madly in love with this woman.
Speaker 1: Do you think Jimmanuel just listens to Taylor Swift and goes, oh, yeah, she's figuring out.
Speaker 3: I think I think he looks at her business model and it's.
Speaker 1: Like get it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Only if only I could come up with this, you know, like the level of jealousy you must have as like one of these fucking corporo ghrules where you see it is just go and they just keep giving it to her. Yeah, he'd give it her the money. And like, by the way, she got married, if I remember correctly, somebody pointed this out to me. She got married the day before the fourth of July in New York City, which is just you're causing problems for everybody. But this just looks at the same way in wrestling, where everything's a fucking con and it's all set up for the next thing. It's like so all you're telling me is when this inevitable divorce happens, her album will be called Independence Day. That's that's what I'm picking up on. Where it's like.
Speaker 1: I got married on the third, as you.
Speaker 3: Like, and then the next day I was free, like you just you can just picture this happening. Uh, good one. But yeah, they're getting married in Madison Square. Guard I was like, get them, you got it.
Speaker 1: You know what I didn't know how else was gay? I guess you know, you learned something new every day. Joe.
Speaker 3: Well you know, this is the funny thing in this situation. If Travis Kelcey was gay and this was an elaborate scheme for him to just keep plowing away and not get caught, this is that's like brilliant to the level of like the Republican congressman that has his beard wife. It's like, yeah, I'm not a fucking guy. I'm not a fucking gay guy. Like look at this over here, Like he's if he puts into the world, I am married to the most important, super special girl that has ever existed. He could never ever ever cheat on her with a woman.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, he's just hanging out with with football fans guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, he's the guys.
Speaker 1: He's working out in the locker room with some of the football fans. Yeah, go Kansas.
Speaker 3: Please don't need any Skyline chili before the meetup.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny about Harry Swift. She is scientologists. I know we were talking about Biggie literally not. But you do think with the level of cloud that she has, she could just take that ship right from Tom Cruise, couldn't she? That is? Oh yeah, she really could. She could make in there Scientology away from Tom Cruise and become the god of all these people, these scientologists too.
Speaker 3: Could you that would.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine if her lawyers and Scientology's lawyers joined together.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, that would be megazor Godzillivan wrote in the.
Speaker 1: Form of lawsuits.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, you're just sitting there and he looks at you and they just go So, let's see if we can get this right. What are you gonna do? Slander campaign online?
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 3: We weren't going to do that as well.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do after that? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Send a private investigator to drudge up every single thing that they've ever done or said. That's what I was thinking, too, this is perfect.
Speaker 1: Yes, the lawyers, thank you shadow Yes.
Speaker 3: And then and then well, she's do all this evil shit is happening. You scant over to the next room, and it's just her being like, it's so hot.
Speaker 4: Be in tenth grade, it's so hot. Be wait, old girl who doesn't do anything wrong. Ever, I'm a good widow, baby, I'm a good girl.
Speaker 3: Then they shoot back over and they're like, yes, yes, put them in the casket. You put them in the casket, and you seal it with concrete and then you just bury it. And you know, listen, they're never going to be able to watch that seventies show ever again.
Speaker 1: What I'm thinking of a different way. I think what you do at that point is you just have her in Scientology by Disney, and once she has control of Disney, then instead of having all the God messages, you can put the Xenu messages and everything. You can have Scientology in there. And everybody that owns Disney shit now owns a part of Scientology shit, which means that they have to pay Scientology for those things. It's kind of like you've you've purchased Disney stuff over the years, but now you've been added to a subscription service via Taylor Swift. Right, so now everybody that has Disney or watches Disney has a rental fee for liking Disney. And that's just yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for the culture war slop in twenty years when Taylor Swift buys Scientology and then he makes all the Disney movies about Lord Zenu. And then it's just like a like a Tucker Carlson figure. He's like, they want us to they want us to pretty Zenu?
Speaker 1: What is this? Who is Why does he sound like Ben Shapiro? I don't know, it's just they all kind of Tucker Tucker Carlson sounds like Ben Shapiro. Oh no, what is this? Why does this happen? Who?
Speaker 3: Who wants to live like this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Wether than that that you don't understand. Then that's my next thing, which is I make Siamese twins.
Speaker 1: Out of bench Tucker Carlson, your gods.
Speaker 3: I so I genetically modify them and mutate them together and they become a two headed great How.
Speaker 1: Does one make out with oneself? Joe? That's just that's awful.
Speaker 3: Well, they just just cross arms and jerk each other off, and then that's how you solve the Israel Palestine conflict.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make sense, that does make sense.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna fix everything because wrestling is so good that we just have to.
Speaker 1: All right, So much love to everybody listening live on the show, listening live on the download Patreon dot com, Forward slash Wrestling Soup, Subscribe to the YouTube page. We will be back tomorrow with Frank and Gus. Got some more ship to dredge up and uh yeah, no fucking have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Follows fond clip at Wrestling Soup, like and six foot.
Speaker 4: There's Wrestling Soup on YouTube, Apple, Amazon, I Heart Related, Spotify, whose mills heap