Speaker 1: It's nice eyes, Dan Ray Unnelling Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: A couple of other topics that I would like to get to tonight, but at least one I want to get to because today is January sixth, and per the Constitution of the United States, today technically, technically is the day that the President of the United States is elected. Because what happens, I think most of you know, is that the election occurs on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, as we had the election on November fifth, and then there's a meeting of all in all fifty states of the various electors in those states at some point in early December. Happens on the same day in all fifty states, and those electors cast their ballots for the winning candidate in each state unanimously. There are occasionally some electors who decide not to cast a ballot, but that's very rare. And this year Donald Trump in December won three hundred and twelve electoral votes, which was the number that he won in the election. All of his electors went to their respective fifty states in December and voted for Donald Trump. And again it's all ceremonial and those sealed documents are transported to Washington, D C. Where, on January sixth, as the Constitution prescribes, the ballots are opened in a joint session of Congress and the winner is officially officially identified. So although people knew, most people knew and accepted on November sixth that Donald Trump had been elected president, and took two months for that to officially be determined. Now, Donald Trump will become the president on January twentieth, at noontime when he takes the oath of office for a second time. And I thought that we would be remiss if I did not mention it was four years ago today that there was the riot at the Capitol when Trumps supporters invaded the Capitol, engaged in violence against Capitol police officers and physical violence against the building. Windows were broken, doors were kicked down, smashed in whatever. And there are still, I guess hundreds of people still in jail. And Donald Trump had said he may pardon somemer, if not all of them. But what I wanted to focus on today was the calm and the normalcy that occurred in Washington, d C. Today. And look, I don't think we should give medals out to people who did the right thing today. But certainly it had to be an interesting moment for Vice President Harris, who, just as Mike Pence before her, basically was the person who announced that Donald Trump, the person that she ran against last fall, was officially officially elected president. Now, if you compere what went on four years ago and the disgraceful behavior that occurred on that day, which is still being politicized to this day. By the way, I watched one of the ABC News whose reports tonight, very disappointed in the story that was filed by ABC News in which they took president like Trump out of context. If you watched the ABC News tonight, it shows him saying and we're going to march up to the Capitol cut and where he said, We're going to go peacefully and all of that, and I'll be with you and all of that. They took out that phrase, which again to me, is just unacceptable. There should be congratulations. There were no objections from what I understand today in Congress when Vice President Harris oversaw the procedure. It's just a procedure. It's a formality. And there have been other years besides four years ago, in which various members of Congress objected. There were objections made, I know in two thousand and four by Democrats when George Bush was elected, and also in two thousand now again those elections were very close. But I just think that we should take some consolation today in a return to normalcy, in that things went today in Congress as they should have, quietly, peacefully, in a distinguished fashion, in which basically the election of Donald Trump as the forty seventh President of the United States was as it's mandated by the Constitution, was confirmed. There were no riots, there were no outbursts, there were no protests. I'm sure that there were a lot of the Democratic members of Congress who were not happy to be sitting there, but that's the way the country is supposed to act, and I would say congratulations to everyone who conducted themselves appropriately today. Speaker Johnson was there standing next to the President of the Senate, Vice President Harris, to whom fell the responsibility to the vice president, not the Senate President. The vice president of the United States, or her capacity she could have if she had won, have read that she had got the two hundred and seventy votes to be elected president. But she was there in her ceremonial function, and she had to articulate that Donald Trump at one three hundred and twelve electoral votes and therefore is elected as the forty seventh president of the United States. So I say again, I'm not a big fan of Vice President Harris, but I think that she conducted herself very well. Today. I wish the Republicans had conducted them the same way four years ago. But what is done is done, and it will never be it can never be changed, and it was disgraceful that day. I remember broadcasting the night of January sixth and twenty twenty one and realizing that that it was a blight on our history books that for the first time in our history, we had American protesters riot and invade the Capitol. Now, I don't want to get into revisiting the twenty twenty election. That's over with, but I do think it would be appropriate tonight if some of you would like to comment on this return to normalcy It passed today. The networks covered it, the cable network news stations gave it more substantial coverage. But watching it today, it was the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it's always been. The election is over, a winner has been declared. There was no question in my mind than in twenty twenty Joe Biden had won the election. I know that there are those who still don't believe that, but let us hope that going forward on future January sixth, that it will always be this way. Today, I hope some of you will join me in that belief, and I'll give you an opportunity six seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty one, seven nine. And it doesn't matter if you're a Republican or if you're a Democrat, or if you're a third party supporter, a Green Party person, a libertarian, or whatever. We are a nation of laws, and today the laws were upheld. There was no protest, there was no riot, there was no suspension of the activity. There was no moment when the Vice President of the United States was hustled off the floor of the House and hurried and hidden away in the basement at the Capitol. I think it's important to notice it, and I think it's important to talk about it, and I hope some of you will join the conversation. Uh, there's no controversy here, which is, of course the last thing you want to do on a talk show. But I think it's a night tonight when all of us can breathe a little easier and realize that maybe maybe we have studied ourselves as a nation and we will never again see a repeat of January sixth, twenty twenty one. Join the conversation, and if you want to disagree with me, fine you can. But I'd prefer to hear from people who believe, as I do tonight that today was an important day and that this selection now is official. Back of night Side after this. Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. Just to read from the twelfth Amendment, the President of the Senate, who is always the Vice President, shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representative, open all the certificates, and the vote shall then be counted. The person having the great number of votes for president, she'll be elected president. And that is the way it went today. Okay, It is as simple as that. It was done simply. It was done in a dignified process today, and it's it's it's it's it's just the way it should be done. So anyway, I just hope those of you might agree with me that we can put January sixth of twenty twenty one in our rear view mirror and move on. Let's go to Pelvis in Middleton, Massachusetts. Pelvis, welcome next to let's hil How are you are you sure?
Speaker 3: No, No, I thought I thought it was. It was done very well. We were watching the Bobcraft exit video from to Ron Mayo, yep, right before we changed over to the you know, the the deeming of the electoral votes. It was. It was done correctly. You know, it's some people say it was like you know, reading your own execution or whatever. It is like you know, for her, but whatever once you know, but I mean, you know, they they it was. It was done correctly. I just hope that, you know, with Vance being there, In my opinion, the vice presidential debate was the best debate out of all of them as far as well spoken. You know, they gave he gave respect to Wallace whatever, like you know, in my opinion, this is a step forward to I hope Vance being lined up for the next coming Well, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, Trump has one one term left, this is his second term.
Speaker 3: No exactly, but but there was no character attack when it came to the vice president's debate, it was points only they would They weren't attacking in charge's character, and I think that's how we should move forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about you're talking about the debate between Well and Tim Wallash. Yeah, yeah, Well I felt that was that was that.
Speaker 3: Was that was the most respectful debate out of all of them, because they weren't attacking each other's character, that were going after the point which I thought, I mean, I hope that, you know, I was hoping that Trump would go after, but it came down to a sugcest. So at this point forward, I hope that we can build on this moving forward and advance is the next on line in my opinion, I.
Speaker 2: Hope, Well, yeah, I mean, I hope what we can do is we can we can build on this day and make sure that we will never have another January sixth like we had on twenty twenty one. I'm still in the we we.
Speaker 3: Yes, we did, but we had a lot of an interference on that day as well. And see if there was some other things involved with that day, yes, in my opinion, but.
Speaker 2: Well it may have been. But either way, I think the the mistake that was made was the President summing summoning the crowd to Washington stop the steal. Uh, and I.
Speaker 3: Think that he No, you're right, yes, yep, yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is I was amazed that, you know, then President Trump was able to resuscitate himself and become elected h four years later, because to me, it was it was it was an amazing political comeback and that has to be acknowledged, which is fine. But I think that we as a society, that was the day of shame and a day that we should never happen again. And uh, it really I think that it made Donald Trump's rode back to the White House much harder. If he had if he had done what Joe Biden had done, uh, you know, and and you know, basically accepted the results of twenty twenty one, I think he would have been elected even more easily. But either way, we know what is know what has ha happened. Pelvis, Thank you much. I'm glad that you joined me, and I just hope that going.
Speaker 3: Forward, moving forward, moving forward, advance. As a military guy well spoke, in my opinion, I just think moving forward, we need somebody with a little more vibrants. We don't have to elect eighty five year old men around our country. We have to have Democrats want to come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Democrats are going to come out with somebody. Some You're going to come up with somebody. We'll see what happens. Okay, you know, right, but that's a long way off. I want to focus. And again, I don't mean to cut you off here, and I'm not. I'm just saying I appreciate your call. I just want to focus on and celebrate today the way in which everything went according to the constitution and there was no disruption today. In effect, President Biden is still president for two more weeks, but in effect, the transition of power went according to the way constant of mandates, and Democrats and Republicans can celebrate that.
Speaker 3: Thanks Bell, celebrations, funeral.
Speaker 2: Okay, begs Selvis, all right, good night. Let me go to Joe and Belmont. Joe, you're next on nightside.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Hi, Dan. I want to be the few who disagree with you. I agree with Trump's march on the Capitol January twenty sixth, except for two things, destruction and violence. I would believe in a march like MATHA Luther King non violence, because, like you said last week, there are forces in this country who were taking away our freedoms like freedom of religion and freedom of speech and fake fake press, fake news, and you know, I feel like, oh, okay.
Speaker 2: Joe, Well but let me ask you this, Joe, Okay, the election held in twenty twenty. Now, I know that there were a lot of people who felt that there was skill doudgery going on and that this happened or that happened. But the bottom line is that when all the votes were counted, when all the court cases were heard, nothing changed. Now, if Donald Trump had not summoned that crowd to Washington on January sixth, twenty four years ago, today, there would have been none of the destruction. He basically set the stage back then for it was a riot. I mean, the left wants to call it an insurrection. I still call it a riot. There were doors smashed, windows broken, me you saw everything. It was disgraceful. I kind of imagine that you would countenance or abide what happened on January sixth, twenty twenty one. You're not saying that, are you.
Speaker 4: No. I'm saying a peaceful demonstration like on the Washington monument like Mattha and Luther King, because I believe maybe in five years or forty years, there's going to be a revolution against this country. If the elite Democrats, you know, the extreme liberals, are going to keep on taking away our freedoms, the people aren't going to stand.
Speaker 2: Joe, Joe, Joe, Look, you saw what happened in twenty twenty one. There was an election in twenty twenty four. You voted and your guy won. They didn't take away your freedoms. And four years from now there'll be another election, and four years after that another election, and at some point you're going to win. Some point you're gonna lose. Joe. You've been You've I've met you. I know that you were alive when when when Ronald Reagan was president. I know you were alive when George Bush was president, when Bill Clinton was president, when Barack Obama was president, when Donald Trump was president. You know, we go back and forth, Joe. In this country, sometimes the Democrats win the White House, sometimes the Republicans win the White House. You can't, I think President Biden said it. You can't love your country only when you win.
Speaker 4: Oh, I agree with you to support you know, whoever is president. But I just want to disagree with you because I think our freedoms i'd being taken away.
Speaker 2: I think that I don't. Look, we just talked last hour about the number of bike lanes in Boston, and I'm not in favor of government overreached, Joe. But at the same time, you win back your freedoms at the ballot box. You don't win back your freedoms by invading the Capitol and smashing windows and fighting with police officers, with Capitol police officers.
Speaker 4: I agree with you on that, but I'm talking about non destruction and peaceful demonstration, no violence.
Speaker 2: But it was, but you didn't. I'm just saying that you did not have a peaceful demonstration four years ago and today, thank god, there was no crowd of Democrats who were saying we're going to take the election back. We can't have Trump. They said, Okay, the election's over. Trump won. We're not happy about it, but he's the president elect. That Wentswood went on today, That's all I'm saying. I was relieved that it went along as peacefully as it did.
Speaker 4: I wanted it to be. Would you agree with me that if it was a peaceful demonstration, and not the way it was.
Speaker 2: What it wasn't a peaceful demonstration.
Speaker 4: I know, but would you agree with a peaceful demonstration.
Speaker 2: I'm always in favor of peaceful demonstrations, but that crowd was intent. There were people in that crowd who were intent on causing destruction in Mayhem.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, all right, Joe, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to agree with this.
Speaker 4: Agree you respect to let me make my point.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 2: No, You're always welcome, Joe, Thank you very much. We'll take a quick break here. Happy New Year. By the way, we haven't spoken back. Happy to you, okay, thanks much. Six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty triple eight nine two nine ten thirty or or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'm making a really simple point here. I celebrate the way it went today. I was not happy with the way it went in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I hope you'll all agree, but obviously I don't have complete agreements with everybody, so feel free to make your point. I think we took a step back in the right direction today. I think there was a lot of arguments that were made during the campaign. I think that there was a lot of heated discussion. UH, allegations that certain candidates were fascists and all of that. I don't think that helps, and I think hopefully we can turn that down during the next election. Back on Nightside, right after these messages, after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: It's night Side, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the phones we go. Let me go to Theodore in Baltimore theaterre next on Nightside. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: I'm good and hoping you have a new, good new year. But I'm right back. I'm I'm really disgusted, for instance, that that that last person was so out of touched. I'm gonna tell you you need to pull up the video of the Vice president signing in the Louisiana senator. White guy. He wouldn't shake her hand. And I'm gonna tell you, Dan the integnity country.
Speaker 2: Wha was Hold on? Hold what wa? Well? Hold on for a second. You went by me. Are you talking about House Speaker Johnson?
Speaker 5: No, the Vice President signed had to swear in a senator, a new senator from Louisiana. He was there with his wife and children. He would not even shake her hand. And I'm gonna tell you sometimes when I listen to you talk, it's almost like you're in Neverland. I hope we no, No, look at the situation.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 5: Now I'm African American. You got a guy in a white house. You don't think I'm anything. He hates me. I got a whole party of people who don't look like me. He looked like him. Banning book to tell the truth about history.
Speaker 2: And I have a hold on hold So when you what hold on, hold on just for a second. Donald Trump Theodore did better amongst black voters and Hispanic voters than any Republican has I guess it in the last hundred years.
Speaker 5: Maybe, well, that may be true, but people who say, well it's a man did across all ethnicities, No, it wasn't. If you look at one hundred people that voted for Donald Trump, ninety two percent of them were white men and women. About three percent, which was more were black people. The rest were Latinos who voted for them. I don't know why. But the thing about is the tenor in this country is such if there's another election, and I say if, because these people, once they get the criminal aliens out, they're come going to have to meet my people, the only thing we could get in this.
Speaker 2: So therefore, therefore, all the all the black people, all the black people who voted for Donald Trump, including you know, black members, including black US senators, including black Republican members of Congress.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you what they are, Dan, let me tell you what they are. They belonged to the ship like Paul group. Stupid, self hating individual people. That's what they are. They vote against their own interests. And I'm gonna tell you, Dan, just the signs of who he is, and the fact that people who call themselves Christians, Christians, they go to church and say they're they're they're against abortion, they're against sin. But a man who's a liar, who are soft women, But yet he goes against all the moral standings and pillars that those people say I should have. I have nothing but contempt for the people who vote for him. They have no integrity whatsoever. They stand in the poor pit and say, we're Christians and we want people to do right. But look how they did it. Look how they put him in there. And they say it was race, it wasn't race. Well, look if their commune is bad and prices are high, which they are. They then went out and spend fifty billion dollars on Black Friday, So how does the economy look then? And he wanted to tear up the government. And I'm going to tell you if okay, you know, you know what I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: You know, Theodore, We've had some really nice conversations in recent times, but this is not a nice one. By the way, I am looking at the video that you're referring to, uh, and it is a husband of a Republican senator from Nebraska, not from Louisiana.
Speaker 5: The wife shook his hands, but he didn't. And I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 2: No, I would love do me a favor, do me a favor. Okay, Okay, Theodore, don't interrupt me. I'm trying to I'm trying to explain to the audience in a in a way in which you can understand what you said was true. And what I'm doing here is explaining to you that, yes, Senator Fisher shook the Vice President's hand, and the husband did ignorantly refuse to shake Vice President Harris's hand. So you know, you don't have to jump down my throat on this. Okay, Now, everything else you've said everything else you've said today, I'm going to disagree with because you're not the smartest black guy in America. There's a lot of black people voted for Donald Trump, and you want to think they're ignorant or they're idiots. That's your privilege. But I don't feel that way.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 5: I'm not jumping down your throat. It's just the passion of the issue. And I look at things in a realtic basis. He's not gonna hurt you. You at a level, well, he's not gonna hurt you. He's not gonna hurt your people. I'm saying this.
Speaker 2: I like, Okay, you've said it once, Theodore, You've said it once. We've gone five minutes. I'm not gonna have you repeat it. You made your points. I disagree with them. Donald Trump, whether you like him or not, or whether I like him or not, had more supporters amongst black voters and Latino voters than any Republican has in a long time.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Maybe we write that off to the failures of the Bidy administration. Maybe we write that off to the fact that inflation hurt poor people worse than it hurt wealthy white people. I don't know but that's reality.
Speaker 5: Then if the people who are so smart voter for Trump were so smart, yeah, he's gonna raise turfs, He's going to give a tax cut. Eighty five percent of his class tax cut went to the wealthy people in your class. Why doesn't he turn that around? And they and I get away the bare bones, The bare bones is that he hates the government. Forget about hate me my people. He wants to take over the government.
Speaker 2: And there there's millions of people. There's millions of people Theodore in your economic category, white, black, and Hispanic who disagree with you. And I hate to lay that on you, but that's reality. I gotta run. Thanks, Thanks, you've gone along. You've gone longer probably than anyone else will in this hour. Let me go next to Jack on the Cape. Jack on Cape Cod, Welcome, How are you tonight? Gee? I thought going to have a nice quiet hour here to live and go right ahead. Jack.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dan, in the past, you and I have butted heads on this topic, but I'm really interested, thankful for your gracious and soothing perspective on where we are because we got to go forward.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: You know, I mean, whatever happened in the past is the past, and we're not going to be labeled that. And I just want to have kind of a meeting of the minds. Is that the voting technology, the technology of voting has to be absolutely sacrisanct and can never be challenged, which we'll agree that in twenty twenty we had issues, and that if we can go forward in a mutual agreement on all parties and all peoples and and ideally set the standard for the world, that we develop a technology of voting that is absolutely sound and that we can.
Speaker 2: I would agree with you that I would always say this, and I don't want to sound like I'm playing to you. Thank you for calling. I hope that the next election, if it turns out that the Democrats win, that the Republicans will be as gracious as the Democrats seem to be today. That's all. Well, the only criticism I had.
Speaker 6: Everything is verifiable and is indisputable. That's good. That's good. The problem, of course, we had problems.
Speaker 2: Of course, Look that I'm not making any excuse for twenty twenty one. For twenty twenty Okay, obviously there was a different sort of president, and it's an incumbent Donald Trump. Uh, you had COVID going on. There were there were some changes and all of that, but the reaction of Trump and the reaction of that crowd that he summoned to Washington was totally unacceptable period. End of statement.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, do you think do you think there's going to be in this the upcoming administration? Do you think there's going to be investigations into this this affair or is this going to be kind of like, let's move on type situation.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I would hope that if there is anything to be investigated in terms of January sixth, twenty twenty one, it is not some form of retribution. I hope that I would like to see us move on and just say it was a bad day. It was a bad day, and we have restored the process. Today.
Speaker 6: What we do with the people that are imprisoned, they serve their sentences. No, they're still there. You've got some people that have been sent for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Well, I looked, Well, I'm going to tell you, in every case, if someone has been over sentenced, they go through the they go through the process. But just as I don't think President Biden should have pardoned his son, I don't think Donald Trump should pardon the J six protesters. Now, if there are cases where they were overcharged, if there's new evidence, you go through that. But there were there were people who who fought and smashed Capitol police officers. What are you going to do? Pardon them for that? I don't think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's let's dand let's bring up that old adage that's our our our nation is founded upon called civil disobedience. Where does it come into places?
Speaker 2: It's it's not civil disobedience when you when you when you smash windows and break down doors and battle police, Capitol police officers, that's not civil disobedience. Civil disobedience is if people want to try.
Speaker 6: To what good and you had people, you had people entering the the the UH the Congressional complex taking pictures and being shown around by the police. And these people are they're guilty. Damn well, thanks Dan, thanks for bringing up the topic number one on this special day and to be continued.
Speaker 2: And if if there are individuals who were wrongfully convicted, not only should their convictions be overturned in a court of law, but then they should have a civil rights action against the government. But if somebody was beaten up some Capitol police officer whacking them over the head with a you know, with a two by four. That guy needs needs to serve some time in jail. That's all. What's controversial about that.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you bringing the topic up because I think it's going to be brought up again. I think we'll.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see. I'll look forward to to your calling again. I got to run. Jack, Okay, thank you very much for your call. As always, we're going to try to get to everybody. Dave, Eric, John, and John. We're going to get to you. I promise right after this b radio back to the phones we go. Let's go next to John and Boston. John, we're tight on time.
Speaker 6: I know you.
Speaker 2: I've given a lot of people a longer time than they deserve, So I'm gonna ask you to be a little quick for me.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, John, Thanks share this little record. I just wanted this. Plenty of video of President Trump saying asking the people peacefully, patriotically march by the Capitol and by the way.
Speaker 2: In the ABC News network report tonight, that was cut out and there was a uh and that was that was wrong for a reporter to do that to take that out it It was wrong period and I mentioned that earlier.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 7: Also among those who did do some violence, they were FBI agents instigating violence operatives, and it would ask directorwa He was asked that question by I believe it was a commission or senator. He refused to answer the question. Danswer the They also the try the guy who who dropped the bomb off at the pipe off with the DNC. They know who he is. They have it on video of the guy going to the area, and they also can try and.
Speaker 2: I don't know who he is. Do you know who he is?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 7: The FBI knows.
Speaker 2: How do you know that?
Speaker 7: How do you know that?
Speaker 2: John? John? How do you know that?
Speaker 3: You make it?
Speaker 7: But just Manaus you got someone on TV.
Speaker 2: Once you see someone on it, once you see a figure on video, it doesn't mean that you know who they are.
Speaker 8: Come on, John, Yeah, I didn't say I know who.
Speaker 7: I'm saying. They know that.
Speaker 4: The FBI.
Speaker 7: They can triangulate the cell phon because the guy had a cell phone with them.
Speaker 2: There's plenty of well, I'll tell you what, John, John, here's the deal, John, here's the deal. Cash PTEL is likely to be the next director of the FBI. If that information is available, then we will we will have the identification of that person. But I don't think it's going to be available.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, bottom line is Dan Nancy Puls who was in charge toy should deny the ten thousand troops offered by Trump. And there's plenty of video. Why were they escorting Why were the capitol police escorting the guy with the horns and tobacco man? Why were they bringing him through? And why is their video of cops telling people to go in waving them in. I want to know that and they can find on who those cops are they Capitol who cops waving people in to go to the Keple? Just like Jon, you know I'm making.
Speaker 2: I'm not litigating this. I'm not litigating this. You will. You've said what you had to say. I gave you an opportunity disagree with you totally. Were there people who who somehow walked into the Capitol and didn't do damage? Okay, that's fine. Now if they can prove that they were invited in and some Capitol police officer said, oh welcome, John, How are you good? Where are you from Boston? What's your first name. Let me get a picture with you. That person should not be prosecuted. But the animals who smashed windows, who hit Capitol police officers over the head. I saw those pictures. You saw those pictures. Should those people be in jail? Ill?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, just as much as any FBI operative who would instigated?
Speaker 4: And why?
Speaker 2: Who proof of that? John? I gotta run, man, I gotta run.
Speaker 7: Okay, somebody opened those big doors then to the Capitol. They're huge doors. Somebody opened them allow the people to come in.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks, John, Thanks appreciating.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're not going to litigate this. It's as simple as that. Tonight. I tried to do a positive here. So far it's not been very positive. John in handover, Johnny, gotta be quick for me.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, John, Hey, Dan, thanks for taking a call.
Speaker 8: Good to talk here. I have a couple of things food for thought.
Speaker 1: Mostly, you know what cognitive biases are?
Speaker 6: Heuristics are?
Speaker 2: Do what cognitive biases are? I think I do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I read a book a short time ago. Daniel Conneman and Amos Turfsky wrote it. They won the Nobel Prize for their work. They're psychologists, but they won the Nobel Prize. And economics because they coined prospect theory, which is basically on how humans divaluate risk and make decisions. Cognitive biases and juristics is how we perceive information, how we digest it and make opinions. And I think that's kind of how like people like Trump voters and people like THEO who called and shortly before, so far apart, and it has to do with something one of the many cognitive biases out there, something called the anchor effect bias. When you're trying to learn stuff, repetition is huge, Right, So when three of the major networks are constantly using terms like racist, sexist, is homophobic, it has an anchoring effect on people, and they just associate Trump with that, right.
Speaker 2: I also think I also think that we have in our society people who just only want to listen to what they happen to believe in whatever personal experiences in the life they have had. So you know, I wish you had called earlier because because I got I get two more. I'd like to accommodate. And I think you've opened up an entire conversation that could last for an hour and maybe.
Speaker 3: We could get something.
Speaker 4: On this.
Speaker 2: That's great and I appreciate good night, okay, Eric and Attenborough. Eric gotta be quick for me. I got you in one more go ahead, Eric.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good to talk to you. Danne.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to quickly say that a gentleman before that said we need a technology that works to be able to count the votes. Well, we used to have something just called ballots, and then we had people that counted the ballots. And uh, since Tim memoriam it worked out this fire, I think we need to like got it?
Speaker 2: I think I would agree with you. And by the way they were, they were congressional districts in California that even with all of the new technology they they those races weren't decided for two or three weeks, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how much time?
Speaker 2: One minute? Eric, I got to let you go. I'm told I got one minute. Okay, but I agree with I think the point you had is a good one. Rob Brooks, thank you very much, Mariita, thank you very much. I hope all of you who didn't call got the point I was trying to make. And if you didn't call and you got the point I was trying to make, I'm disappointed you didn't call. Ud anight everybody. I think I'm going to do Facebook Live at midnight. I might change my mind. Nights out with Dan Ray. Old dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's what my pal Charlie Ray is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are past. They loved you, you loved them. I hope you see them again, to see again in the morning. Everybody, good night,