Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five k RC, the talk station every Fridays.
Speaker 1: Say.
Speaker 3: A vacation.
Speaker 1: There it is confirmation, it is Friday, and a happy one to you. Brian Thomas right here Joe Strecker exactly where he's supposed to be and always loved the fact that Joe Trecker's producer of the fifty five Cassey Morning shows. Coming up Thanks to Joe's Trecker on line, a lineup of guests, including of course, Dave Hatter. Tech Friday's Dave Hatter joins the program every Friday at six thirty. Today, Dave and I will be talking about Ford seeking a patent. Now, this is wonderful for car listening device to show advertising. I guess that's gonna be listening to your conversations and figuring out what you're talking about so they know what kind of product you put in front of your face. Some people think that the smartphones and Alexa do that. Anyway, I don't own the Alexa, do own a smartphone. There's a lot of people that talk about the Is it a coincidence that I was talking about an RV yesterday and the next thing you know, I start getting ads on my smartphone and smart devices and laptops for RVs. I has a lot of conversations with people about this strange coincidences anyway marketing firm using your own phones microphones to spy on your conversations. Topic number two and Americans losing five point six billion dollars in cryptocurrency scams. Terrible scryptocurrency scams going on out there. Jonathan Pearson's GOP Candida for Commissioner running against Alisha Reze. Looking forward to having Jonathan on the program. At seven oh five, Charles Tassel returns this weekend at the annual Street Rescue event. We learned the details on that at seven thirty, and then at eight five Kenneth Bramowitz with a book, The Multi Front War Defending America from Political Islam, China, Russia, pandemics and racial strife. Wow, there's a lot there packed into that one book title. Kenneth Abramowitz at eighth five. Always love hearing from you two five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk go with town five to fifty on at and T phones if you got one, uh And speaking of things technical, according to a release from the United States and its five Eyes allies that will be English speaking Alliance Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Great Britain, US. The FBI apparently got a court order in an effort and in fact seize control of a network of hundreds of thousands of hacked Internet routers and other devices. Oh look, the Chinese government link operators were using to damage the United States and its allies. Cording to FBI Director Christopher Ray, it's just one round in a much longer fight. The Chinese government is going to continue to target your organizations and our critical infrastructure. Botnet is what they call it. It's a large web of hacked devices apparently enable the Chinese hackers to do targeted cyber attacks on US companies and government agencies. A Chinese based company called Integrity Technology Group is labeled as being responsible for controlling and managing this botnet two hundred and sixty thousand devices across six continents order the FBI. The device's age beyond their end of lized dates, they're known to be more vulnerable to intrusion. Many of the compromised devices and the Integrity Tech controlled botnet are likely still supported by the respective vendors. This is what tech Friday's Da've had to talks about all the time. You know, you've got to keep your software updated, and at some point many of these things become so outdated that the manufacturers no long unger support them. In other words, hack or holes and soft spots can be found late in these devices lives by these these brilliant hackers and exploited, and since the manufacturers aren't updating the software, those exploits remain there. You've got the old hardware, basically, get rid of it and get new. I suppose fifty percent of the compromised devices are or were maybe still are in the United States, one hundred and twenty six thousand of these hacked devices here in the US alone. They say. Hackers use various known vulnerability exploits to compromise the devices known vulnerability exploits. That's where that patch stuff comes in. I don't recognize the companies that manufacture these devices, not something I own ZEXXEL fourteen q NAP, among others. According to Cybersecurity News reporting on this now back in in January. May recall this because I remember mentioning it on the program. You may have read it elsewhere if you weren't listening to the Morning Show the day I brought this up, but Christoph Ray told the House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party, the China hackers are positioning on American infrastructure in preparation to wreak havoc and cause real world harmed American citizens and communities if or when China decides the time has come to strike. Does that sort of remind you of anything that's happened recently? Oh yeah, maybe Israeli's planning bombs in pagers and walkie talkies, waiting for the moment to activate the explosive device when Israel presumably thought it was time to act. Let's see, maybe when they're getting ready to make an advance in the north to go after his Balla on Lebanon. Maybe ahead of that, what you do is you detonate the devices that you place explosives in, and that were amazingly distributed to members of Hesbawa. How did they manage that feat? I'm still in awe and wonder over it. But look, someone decided it was time to blow up the terrorists. Maybe maybe the placement of the explosives in those various devices, was in preparation to wreak havoc. As Christop Array described the Chinese hackers' efforts to hack into our system, successful efforts. It must be noted this is very, very frightening stuff now when you consider the scope and reach of these prior Chinese hack job operations that infiltrated America's infrastructure, most notably the electric grid, just hiding behind the scenes, waiting for the moment in time the planters, the folks that put that hacking sawware in there to pull the trigger metaphorically speaking, perhaps in advance of an invasion of Taiwan, perhaps in an ad invasion of the United States, who knows, Maybe just to mess with our collective minds. Maybe in advance of a national election of massive import to the United States in its future. Hmm, let's shut down the electric grid so they can't vote, or so it really freaks people out in advance of an election. Can you imagine the chaos and havoc they will be reaked if something like that happened, or some other election interfering operation from outside, most notably I mean after the Springfield incident. Dogs and cats aside, there are a lot of migrants there. Trump brought that whole thing to the nation's attention, and what happened. Foreign entities called in bomb threats. Maybe there were just some joker, twelve year old kid from Roumania sitting there in front of a computer. I don't know. I just know that those bomb threats came from outside the United States of America. If you believe Governor Mike DeWine. It's easy to do anyhow. So we got that going for us. Maybe I'll get a word or two from Dave Hatter on that one, but it is to me very frightening. Five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three Talk found five fifty on AT and T phones over at fifty five careshit dot com, Get your podcasts. Doctor Phil Kirpan talked to Sherry Poll on Board of Elections UH and UH. Phil Kirpen was talking about rake cuts in the economy and some good news. Speaking of rate cuts, mortgage rates drop Lois level in more than one and a half years. Can you afford a house on a thirty year fixed rate mortgage of six point zero nine percent? Apparently Lois February twenty twenty three down from six point two percent last week. It averaged seven point one nine percent last year. That is, during the same period, average rate fifteen year fixed five point one five percent, the lowest reading since February twenty three, down from five point twenty seven last week six and six point five to four last year at this time during that same period. So, I know, we had a basis point cut of a point five the other day of courting the FED lower the interest rate, and obviously maybe that was a direct impact on this mortgage rate dropping. But at least that is some small glimmer of good news. But does a six point zero nine percent thirty or fixed rate make a house affordable? Still? The loss of supply nan out there impacting the affordability, because even if you can get a mortgage rated three percent, can you afford a you know, a house that was two hundred and fifty thousand, you know a couple of years ago, which is now five hundred thousand dollars simply because of the realities of real estate, which are are obviously impacted in many respects by the influx of ten plus million people into our country over the last ten years. There, look, it's all stuffed into one barrier's copy there five fifteen fifty five kre see the talk station Chimneycare, fireplace and stove. It is summertime and obviously stating the obvious, that just emphasized the Chimneycare fireplace and stove. Folks, you should call during the summertime because you're not using your fireplace. Have the safety element taken care of. You know, chimneys get obviously soot build up, creosoe build up that is flammable over time, and it can burn your chimney lining crack it And I've learned over the years it's I think the second chimney fire that could burn your house down. I don't know. I just don't want to fire in my chimney and I don't want my lining crack. So is your lining crack from a prior fire that you wouldn't even know about. Maybe that's where chimney inspection comes in. Maybe your swimney just needs to be swept to get that creosoid out of there so it doesn't ever catch on fire. That's the point of it. Also, there could be a water damage problem. That's what a video camera inspection by the Chimneycare fire places still will reveal and they do fixed water leaks and problems. They do tuckpointing, they do cap and damper replacement, they'll install fireplace inserts, free standing stoves. They've got it all in a huge selection of the law or two at the showroom located at four to thirteen Wards Corner Road. They enjoying a plus with a better business here and they've been locally and family owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Do what I do call them five one three, two four eight ninety six hundred get an inspected heaven cloning your dryer event out while they're there two four eight ninety six hundred online Jimmy Kirco dot com. Fifty five car the talk station. We're of course condolences on the loss of your father. Five nineteen to five cair Ce De talk Station. Yes it is Friday Company Rewards from Lemmy Kimberly Strassel doing a good job of talking about the Teamsters, Teamster's lesson for Trump, diving on into the op ed's pretty interesting Teacher's Wednesday announcement that it would forego a presidential endorsement for the first time in twenty eight years. She called it both seismic and disingenuous. President Shohn O'Brien undoubtedly regrets his decision to solicit the opinions of the one point three million workers he represents, aware that a strong Trump sentiment runs through his rank and file, O'Brien went through the motions of conducting, in his words, the most inclusive, democratic and transparent endorsement process in Teamster's history. He ran member polling, interviewed Trump, and Harris requested speaking splots at both conventions. She says that was a big mistake. The idea was to give the union cover when it did what it always does, endorse the Democrat, but the leadership didn't count on a non ignorable result. An electronic member poll that began in late July showed sixty percent rank and file support for Trump. In a do over, frantic, she says, barely reduced the figure fifty eight percent. Harris didn't help, not bothering to show up for Teamster's sit down until this past Monday. The final board vote tallied three votes for Harris, fourteen for no endorsement. O'Brien lamely blaming the press on insufficient assurances by both candidates on the question of strikes. Whatever. Board member Gary Floyd was honest enough to tell Politico the while he voted no endorsement based on the membership poll, his own New York local would endorsements Harris. He justified this by explaining that the teamsters are not a reflection of the rest of the country of what's going on, in that they are to the left of the building trades and to the right of everyone else. He's right that mister Trump's thumping support among blue collar and law enforcement union members is making the trades liberal leadership sweat. Trump is a loyal following among trade unions, and he has since twenty sixteen. Only these days it's bigger, and supporters are more frustrated being ignored, less worried about retribution. See the breakaway Autoworkers for Trump, which is running up its numbers holding rallies at Big three factories in defiance of the United Autoworkers endorsement of Miss Harris. Or listen to Bob Bartele's member of a ten thousand strong Steamfitters Local six thirty eight New York and Long Island, who went on Fox this week to say their internal polling showed seventy percent support for Trump, noting again Steamfitter's Local six point thirty eight in New York. For those not in the know, New York tends to lean a little bit blue. The interesting part is why Harristeam likes to list what makes Biden administration the most pro union in history. Carve outs for union contractors and infrastructure projects, federal officials and agencies that take only labor side in union elections or disputes, Hostility to business and independent contractors, a huge union pension bailout in twenty twenty one. In short, a narrow agenda geared toward rigging the game for unions at the expense of every else. Mister Bartle's explains that his members live beyond that in celerity. Why the high Trump support quote, everything that's gone on for the last four years, an open border inflation, gas prices, oil mortgage rates, he says, adding the crime has destroyed neighborhoods where people worked hard all their life to buy their house. The group Autoworkers for Trump I mentioned a moment ago. Founder Brian Pannabecker described the green new scam and electric vehicle mandates that are killing his industry praising Trump's commitment to domestic manufacturing. The rank and file like mister Trump's promises, the tax cuts energy production and fewer regulations his pro growth agenda. Trump might want to think hard on this, she writes, as his campaign increasingly resorts to pandering handouts to buy votes, no taxes on overtime, no taxes on tips. The populist whisperers are pushing him to abandon long standing free market principles to suck up the union leaders further, including a minimum wage increase, cracking down on job creators, throwing in for union elections, or god forbid, backing away from right to work. The lesson of Biden, Harris is that all of a pandering in the world won't make up for a failed broader agenda. Besides, the Geophe never has stood a chance against Democrats in any pander war, and never will. Blue collar workers like mister Trump before his suck ups. They've been with him since his first term, when he pursued a reaganesque agenda that brought them prosperity. They've stayed with them despite the blatant Biden union brown nosing. That's because, shocking, though it may be, too liberals. Millions of union members remain red blood in Americans with a fierce belief in capitalism and competition. Many also appreciate the longstanding GOP approach to unions, which emphasizes liberty for workers, namely that union membership and political news must be voluntary, and that unions must be trainedansparent, and honest in their dealings. Trump has far more to lose by abandoning core the principles, including any success in the second term, than he does to gain with union cow telling. That's the lesson of this week's Teamsters endorsement moment. I think it's a great point. These fellows are and women of course are on the side of Trump because well, they go to the grocery store every week, they have to pay their energy bill every week. They know the Green Agenda is going to just take the internal combustion engine out of the equation. Hundreds and hundreds of thousands of jobs will disappear thanks to the leftist Green Agenda. I mean, who would vote against their best interests here? I'm wanna vote for Kama Harris because I don't want a job anymore. Five twenty six If I care, see the talk station plumb tight plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. They lived by the motto plumbing done right. They are excellent plumber. I can assure you have that been to my house a bunch of times over the years, including emergency situations. There are leaders in twenty four hour days, seven a week emergency plumbing projects. So call them with confidence and you have your job done in an emergency basis. Or if you know you just have a plumbing job we don't like when I have my bathroom model, call ahead, schedule in advance. They'll let you know when they're on their way over. You get a licensed plumber with exceptional customer service, fair andetical pricing, and never the fear of or threat of a service charge. I means, well, you know it's going to be a service charge of one hundred and twenty five dollars. No, not with plumb type plumbing. Just call them with confidence because they will give you a free quote and it will be fair and ethical. That's wonderful about them. Family that operated your neighborhood plumbing company. Plum tight dot com t I T E. Plumtight dot Com. The number five one, three, seven, two, seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight fifty five KRC dot com. In today's Marketers report k thive to nine verse warning weather forecast ninety three to high today with mostly sunny skies, partly cloudy every night sixty eight ninety three tomorrow for the high partly CLOUDI overnight down to sixty nine and on Sunday mostly cloudy and a chance of showers and storms. Hopefully it just show up on Sunday eighty five for the high end. All right now, my temperature go sixty six to fifty five kersee talk station five thirty on a Friday, and a happy one to you. It's the message from Jeff. Yes. The answer is yes, and let me get it'll happen. In the next segment, Jeff wanted to know if we were going to play John the Fisherman Joe. I told him you can count on it anyway. I got local stories you can feel free to call if you'd like. Interesting conversation yesterday with the Captain in the Israeli Defense Forces. Captain in the Captain el Kana Cohen's got a book about October seventh, and it was in lightning conversation so especially on the heels of the explosions the Asbala's deeper's blowing up and walky Talkie's blowing up. Anyway, I checked the podcast and get yourself a copy of that book. This one made the national news. Here local story Kentucky Sheriff's been charged with the murder of a district court judge. Courting to Kentucky State Police almost three o'clock in the afternoon yesterday, they received a nine to one to one call from the Elector County Courthouse and reference to shots being fired from inside the building. Several law enforcement agencies and emergency medical services responded, locating district Judge Kevin Mullins, who's fifty four with multiple gunshot wounds unsuccessful life saving measures. He was pronounced dead on the scene by the Coroner's office. Kentucky State Police puloment and investigation includes the Electric County Sheriff Sean Mickey. Stein's forty three shot Judge Mullins after an argument inside the courthouse. They say Stein's taken into custody at the scene without incident. He's been charged with one kind of first degree murder. Before being appointed by Governor Steve Bisheer in two thousand and nine. Mullins was an assistant common Wealth Attorney for nine and a half years. As a prosecutor, he primarily focused on drug related defenses, and as a judge, Mullins gained attention for his efforts to treat those with drug addictions rather than putting him in jail. Twenty ten, he started a program allowing inmates with substance use disorders to enroll an inpatient treatment as a condition of their pre trial release. Elected as Sheriff of Electric County in twenty eighteen, Stein re elected in twenty twenty two. A social media post of transgender Russell Coleman announced that his office will collaborate with the Commonwealth Attorney for the twenty seventh Judicial Circuit, Jackie Steele, as special prosecutors in the case I The why is what's missing here? You got the who, what, the where and the when a sheriff shot a judge in the courthouse in his chambers. We don't have any indication as to why. Ah, Since I please say their investigating a homicide happened last night wentin hills. They were called a King's run court between Winest and Sdy having to run seven thirty pm. There they found forty one year old John Green, who'd been shot outside in your parking lot between two buildings, taking a UC Medical center where he died. They're looking for information about the shooting. If you have any information, please call this Insane Department, Homicide Unit or crime Stoppers three five, two thirty forty. We're going to do a crimestopper bad Guy of the Week today that'll happen later. A nineteen year old shot while boarding a metro bus yesterday in South Cumminsville eight thirteen pm. Police say the shooting happened at Elmore and Beekman Streets, stepping from a fight that broke out downtown between the suspect and the victim. They say the suspect got on the bus and the victim was shot while trying to board the bus. Since the police sergeant Mike Miller says it all started a government square. Quote, we often have issues down there, mostly juvenile based issues. Those issues presented tonight. Among all those issues taking place, this was one of them, at Lease said. The nineteen year olds being treated for non life threatening injuries and no one else was hurt, thankfully. Suspects still at large. I imagine the police would love to hear from you if you have any information about that. Families and students in the Northwest Northwest Local School District got a notification. They say it's too familiar. Hamilton County's second largest school district canceled eight of its bus routes yesterday. Spokesman Lindsay Creasy said the change is impact at least one route at every middle and elementary school because of Thursday's delay has to do with staffing. According to Creasy, like other districts, we're all kind of faced with the issues of finding drivers. In particular, the district is, in her words, desperately in need of substitute drivers as they rely on those individuals anytime there's a shortage. Greasey said, the district is hiring drivers every day. The onboarding and training process, however, can take six to eight weeks. In the meantime, they're continuing to push an advertising campaign to attract drivers through physical posters and hiring fares to social media and email campaigns. Quote, we have a competitive wage and so we're looking at our packages just to make sure that we're able to draw the best drivers that are out there, she said, our bus drivers are amazing. Since school being in August, one woman quoted by local WCPO said she had to sit in the car pickup waiting to pick up her grandchildren so on several occasions. She said, notification about whether a bus route is canceled usually comes around five am via email or text messages. So it's she called it irritating. It's basically flying by the seat of your pants. Anyway, if you're looking for a job, there's an opportunity right there five thirty five at five Krcity Talk station, an opportunity to listen to a stack of stupid coming up. And Jeff, I think your prayers will be granted with the bumper music coming up. We'll see if Joe changes his mind. But Prestige Interiors is waiting for your call. That would be a call that will be picked up by John Ryan. John Ryan and Press dejent Tiers are one of the same. Check out his website. You can see some before and after pictures of some of them. Anyway, the multitude of kitchen remodeling projects he's done over his thirty plus years doing almost exclusively kitchen remodeling. He is your true partner in the kitchen remodeling process from the start to finish. You sit down with him at the outset, you talk about your vision for your kitchen. Maybe you just have a simple project in mind, like just I just want my cabinets and countertops replaced, or I've been wanting granted countertops forever. Look at that old four mic Its all just the countertops. He can help you with that. But if you want to got the whole thing and start from scratch, I am telling you he's got some amazing ideas to remodel your kitchen for better design, flow storage. He certainly did that for us. We love what John did with our kitchen, and he is a really great guy to work with, very very nice, sweet man. A plus with a better business bureau at Prestes one two three dot com five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine fifty five KRC the tos get it, he goes. Can always count on certain things death, death taxes. John the Fisherman at five forty on a Friday, Well State at Jes director by about three eight hundred eighty three, talking to go to the phone before we get to the tactics too, because John's on the line. John, Happy Friday to you, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 4: What Happy Friday? Brian. Hey, the thing about Donald Lectric County, my ex brother in law lives down there. He's pretty much got us here to the ground on most sayings that go on around down there. And he said that the we're going around is that the judge was having some kind of inner appropriate relationship with the share of seventeen year old daughter.
Speaker 1: Oh. Now, that's take it for what it's but rumor. Right. I'm not taking it as gospel. But you know what I mean, if there's if someone wanted to make an argument that, you know, homicide is somewhat justifiable, it's not under these circumstances. But if you mess it around with my seventeen year old daughter, oh, I can only imagine that's. Well, let's just we'll keep that in the rumor column. But at least it would answer the question. John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, okay, I just want to let you know I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Maybe that's why they didn't report on that salacious detail. Want to wait till it's absolutely confirmed. Wow, Okay, Okay, maybe a jury of that sheriff's peers will go ahead and give him a pass on it. You know, the jury nullification argument. Yeah, he did commit a crime, No homicide was not justifiable, but under the circum stances we're gonna find them not guilty. Mother too can argue with that, Thank you. Joe, mother of two, died in the United Kingdom after choking during a marshmallow eating contest, which was part of a fundraiser for our son's rugby club. What I hate eating contest anyway, BBC reported the thirty seven year old Natalie Bus taking part in the contest. It happened in October last year. When she left the stage, she collapsed and died, reportedly swallowing dozens of marshmallows in sixty seconds, which of course blocked her airway. Both of other people attending the event attempt to perform life saving measures. Responding paramedics were not able to clear her airway. News of the death now reservicing because officials held a pre inquest court hearing about the death just last week, accord to The Times UK BBC. In the Times UK report, the Bus was called on stage for the marshmallow eating competition by the DJ and children's entertainer, a person named Christopher Gibbons inquest with a jury often called when someone's death occurs in circumstances that could be considered suspicious and just or have wider ramifications for the public court here and revealed Gibbons had stopped asking guests to play the marshmallow eating game at his events after she died, which, of course makes sense. Oh it is Friday. What does that mean? I have at least one naked guy in here. Partially naked man found in the backyard of a home Cornet Police naked man was accused of breaking into a home shot by the Missouri homeowner. According to police, happened Tuesday, September seventeenth, Saint Louis County and led to the rest of a forty seven year old man. Officers said the two homeowners were awakened in their beds with a man standing over them naked from the waist down. One of the homeowners grabbed a pistol, then pushed the accused the intruder and pushed the accused intruder and ordered him to leave. According to the complaint, the accused intruder said, while lunging at the homeowner, who was brandishing a firearm quote, you'll have to shoot me, which is exactly what the homeowner did, fired the weapon one striking a man in the chest. The intrudor then said, before leaving the home, quote, all right, man, don't shoot me no more. I had enough. Officers said. They found the guy in the backyard of the home of the gunshot, wounded the chest, arrested, charged with fourth degree assault in first degree burglary. Homeowner was within his rights to shoot the accused intruder corner of the Saint Louis County Prosecutor Wesley Bell, in a statement, Missouri law clearly provides homeowners with the right to protect themselves, particularly while on their property. Please said the guy entered the home through an unlocked back door, Bond phrasing Joe Joe was that because he was naked from the waist down. Okay, I know, I get it unlocked back door. That's why I called you out, Joe. Bond set at a quarter of a million dollars coming up on five forty six if you five KC detalk station more of that nonsense. After a word for Emory Federal Credit Union, where banking is better, better than your big banks. Emory Federal Credit Union open the doors in nineteen thirty nine, proudly celebrating their eighty fifth anniversary by offering you some special things this moment in time. You can get up to one point eight five percent off your qualified auto loan rate. And you don't have to just buy a car with the auto loan rate. You can use that money to buy anything. I guess if it says finance a big purchase or maybe finance a small purchase. Anyway, it's one point eighty five percent off the already low Emory Federal Credit Union rates. Like I always say, it's a better way to bank. Take advantage of this right now. For all the details, this is a limited time offer and loans our subject to approval and certain restrictions apply. To learn all about banking with Memory and this specific special deal, visit Emory FCU dot org, EMORYFCU dot org, Equal Opportunity Lender and n MLS number four zero one zero eight seven. Your credit Union with the Heart since nineteen thirty nine. This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. Hey everybody, this is Josh and mostly Sunday Day today going up to the ninety three Today sixty eight, overnight ninety three with partly cloudy skyes Tomorrow overnight down is sixty nine and a looks to cloudy Sunday, though it says it chances showers and thunderstorms are can only pray eighty five for the high land right now sixty four degrees. Time for traffic from the ucl Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is open, the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three five eighty five uc CE. See clean slate on the highways early on this Friday morning, No recks to deal with, not even an overnight work crew adding any extra time to that commute. Here is a report of a wreck on paddock at Summit Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Deep talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty I think five. Guess you talk stations. Oh look, boy, it's the stack of stupid God to the phones. I got Bobby on the line. Bobby, Happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 6: Happy Friday, my brother. Please enjoy the weekend coming up?
Speaker 1: Certainly will it's my birthday tomorrow. I don't know if I can enjoy it, considering it's the last year of my fifties, which has got me kind of depressed. But you know, I'll take it a beza alternative.
Speaker 6: Just look forward, my friends.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you got a lot more do. I hope so too. What's under mind, Bobby.
Speaker 6: Since we always like to look to the future. We got a gun show up at Hamley County excuse me, Butler County. That's coming weekend, not this weekend, next weekend. But I noticed when I was up there at the Dayton show, the last one they had, they had a lot of individuals that we're not Americans up there. They may be legal residents, but they were not Americans. I guarantee you when they had to show up there right off thirty five here. In about three weeks, you'll see more Haitians up there buy legal firearms that don't go to in FFL that you could shake a stick at their legal residents. They have it all, hire a driver's license, and in the state of Ohio, you could transfer firearms to those individuals without going to in FFIL.
Speaker 1: I understand. I just have to point out though, because I'm not a broadbrushed guy, Bobby, and I know you pay very close attention to the immigration situation. And I'm not being critical, but I am not a person who can look across the room and point to someone and say that's an illegal immigrant or that's an immigrant, period, end of story. I mean people look and all different races, creeds, ethnicities, they've been born and raised here their entire lives. I mean, look at Orlando Signs, a second generation immigrant born here legally. To look at him. He is a person of color, but he's a US citizen and then served as his country proudly went to West Point. So I just got to put that out there, Bobby, because someone's screaming at the radio, going, oh, no, can you tell whether somebody's an immigrant or not? Can't unless you talk to him. That's all Bobby, need to make that point.
Speaker 6: No, I agree with you how to present my brother, but most of you know they they don't speak English very.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, And you can probably safely conclude that someone who's born and raised in the United States is probably going to have at least a reasonable grasp on the English language. Noting that our public schools have a failure rate in terms of the English scoring of greater than fifty percent for eighth graders, but at that point will just be put aside. Bobby, God bless you, sir, have a wonderful weekend. Man. Back over to the stupid investigation underway after two bodies found inside an RV in North Philadelphia over Saturday night last please shut up for a cardial North Phillips Street two am, where they say a man and a woman where found inside the RV, man severely decomposed on the bed and the woman naked on the steps of the RV.
Speaker 7: The woman.
Speaker 1: She also was dead. Woman pronounced dead by the medics around two two twenty four am. Identity the man and woman not known at this time caused death being investigated by the homicide unit at in Philadelphia. Who may have he have an award to give out Joe based on the headline we have an Altuna PA man arrested after for having nude photos of a teenager he was allegedly in a relationship with that's in quotes well. The teen's mom was charged for not stopping them. According to court documents, Robert Lee mccack junior, twenty years old, arrested on multiple child pornography charges along with indecent assault of someone under the age of thirteen, unlawful contact with a minor, and related charges for having a quote unquote relationship with a teenager that started to win this punk. Molester was nineteen and she was twelve. Teenage mom charged. A teenager's mom charged with allegedly allowing the relationship to continue to spite Altuna police speaking to her multiple times during the investigation about it being highly inappropriate. Criminal complaint says police were alerted the relationship between mcac and the teen now thirteen, back in September of last year. A few weeks later, the police said they learned that there was still a relationship between the two, and the girl's biological father tried to intervene. Throughout the five month investigation, the police spoke to the team, MKHAK and the teen's mom. According to the complaint, they noted that with any new evidence, they spoke with the updated spoke with him updated the mom, culminating him Acaque admitting months later that he was still in this quote unquote relationship. Team was interviewed. Police said she seemed worried about getting mcack in trouble. Said she told him that the two were in love and wanted the relationship. Twelve year old said the two would hold hands and kiss, but that's all. However, however, police said the investigation seemed to show otherwise. When they were talking with the kak, he alleged that the teen would come to his house and hang out with friends and then ended up meeting the team meeting and they began talking over Snapchat regularly. He said that he knew that it was wrong, but as long as she was happy. He went on to claim that he never touched her and untouched her under her clothes and mentioned how she was not at the house. She was at the house almost daily. Search of his and the teens cell phone turned up messages and texts that mostly revolved around plans to hang out and that they loved each other, but they also found nude photos and some of the sexual nature that the teen allegedly admitted was her please say the teen allegender mom had no problems with the relationship despite knowing the age difference. Complaints that a message was seen on the teen's phone during the investigation from her mom indicating the relationship was still happening and that she was a okay with it. Gock arrested and placed in the Blair County Prison, bail one hundred thousand dollars. Mother arraigned on one charge of challenge a dangerment. Released on a twenty five thousand dollars unsecured bail award duly noted and given. Since it's already five fifty six, got more to talk about coming up Plus Tech Friday six thirty with Dave had Or. I'll be right back.
Speaker 8: They can truffle back, they can change your cards.
Speaker 9: The twenty twenty four election, it doesn't matter. This is on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Hey BB.
Speaker 1: Six oh five, come up at six or sixty five care City talk station. Joe told me my mom texted it. I wanted to hear a little system of the down big fan.
Speaker 8: Do you do that.
Speaker 1: Make me just want to keep quiet and listen to the song, Joe, which is typically the case a bump. The music are in the fifty five k day Morning Shore. Thanks for the request, Mom. And it was that guy that called about the sheriff getting a shoe ding the judge in Kentucky, which has made national news, and he suggested maybe there's a rumor going around that somehow, perhaps the judge might have been involved with the sheriff's seventeen year old daughter. Just yesterday, I saw this T shirt that's for sale, and you know how there's ads on Facebook all day, but I had to send it to my daughter. I said, yeah, it's clickbait, but I loved the message and I love you. Her responds, You're the best, dad, I love you. The T shirt reads as follows, it's in pink black lettering. I'm not a perfect daughter, but my crazy dad loves me and that's enough. He's a bit crazy and scares me sometimes, but he has a backbone made of steel and a heart made of gold. He loves me unconditionally, and if you mess with me, the beast in him will awake and they'll never find your body. It's a little parenthetical at the bottom. Yes, he bought this T shirt for me. I can certainly understand it if that was the case. Anyway, you heard it, freedom, Independence, dignity. What the hell is Kamala Harris running on we have No blanking idea Peggy Noon and The Wall Street Journal referring to her as an artless dodger as opposed to the artful dodger, A couple of great observations, the great words salad summed up and the most recent ones from Kamala Harris, thank you, Peggy Noon and Joe Biden stepped aside, She writes, missus Harris elevated two months ago. That's enough time at least to start making clear what she believes, wants and means to do. She hasn't this week. She couldn't or wouldn't. I think it's the latter answer a single question straight. People can see it. She's an artless Dodger. In her unscripted eleven minute interview with ABC Philadelphia station Tuesday, the reporter asked meekly, quote for one or two specific things you have in mind to get prices down. Harris's response, you ready tell me what the hell this means? You can't? Well, I'll just start with this. I grew up in a middle class kid. My mother raised my sister and me worked very hard. Remember the question is two specific things you have in mind to get prices down? We're talking about inflation, grocery bills. She was able to finally say, with enough money to buy our first house when I was a teenager. I grew up in a community of hardworking people, you know, construction workers and nurses and teachers. And I try to explain to some people who may not have had the same experience, you know, if but a lot of people who will relate to this. You know, I grew up in a neighborhood of folks who are very proud of their lawn, you know. And I was raised to believe and know that all people deserve dignity, and that we as Americans have a beautiful character. You know, we have ambitions and aspirations and dreams, but not everyone necessarily has access to the resources that can help them fuel those dreams and ambitions. So when I talk about building an opportunity economy, it is very much with that, with the mind of investing in the ambitions and aspirations and the incredible work ethic of the American people, one or two things you'll do to bring the economy line specific things. There, you have it. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. Oh wait for it. S. She also had this to say, focusing on again the aspirations and the dreams, but also just recognizing that at this moment in time, some of the stuff we could take for granted years ago, we can't take for granted anymore. And so my approach is about new ideas, new policies that are directed at the current moment. And also, to be very honest with you, my focus is very much on what we need to do over the next ten to twenty years to catch up to the twenty first century around again capacity, but also challenges close quote I had no idea what's going on? Neither do I. Tally Noonan referred to it as gibberish. How do appeal to Trump voters who might be open to her? Quote from Kamala Harris, I based on experience and a lived experience, know in my heart, I know in my soul, I know that the vast majority of us as Americans, have so much more in common than what separates us. And I also believe that I am accurate in knowing that most Americans want a leader who brings us together as Americans. Close quote You're a looney Nonan observes it's not the answer for Canada. Trying to be forthcoming, using her limited time in an attempt to be better understood, it is the sound of someone running out the clock. Amen, Beggy Noon, speaking of the National Association of Black Journalists, Harris asked about increasing her support among black men. Quote the policies and perspectives I have understands, that's her words, understands what we must do to recognize the needs of all communities, and I intend to be a president for all people. Don't rhetorically ask why does she dodge away from clarity? Why doesn't she take opportunities to deepen public understanding of her thinking? Here are some guesses, what or more of which may be correct. Beg you knew because she's not that interested in policy. This would be strange because politics is the policy business. That's what politicians make. But she forgets her political life in California, where politics is an offshoot of its other great industry, show business. It is possible that she've used policy as just something you have to do in advance to advance your personal standing and enjoy being on top. It's clearly she has memorized certain position points help small businesses that have perhaps been urged on by her professionals who do politics for a living. Observation number two, because she'll figure it out. Labor specificity divides while sentence and gathers because she doesn't want you to understand where she stands, because she's more progressive than she admits, perhaps, and there's no gain in telling you that truth, because at bottom she's a progressive. She's as progressive rather as Joe Biden, meaning as progressive as the traffic will bear. But that would mean she's more of the same, So why talk about it. Some supporters think she needs to be more specific, but it isn't specificity per se. That's the glaring omission. Her problem is not that she doesn't say she'll repeals section thirteen C of some regulatory act. No one knows what thirteen C is. What people want to hear and deserve to hear is her essential meaning and purpose as a political figure. It's not about data points in the arcana of government. It's about belief and the philosophical underpinnings of that belief. What are her thoughts right now about illegal immigration of the border after the past three years of a historic influx. She said the debate that she's she'd hire more border agents. Why toward what end? In pursuit of what larger goal? Great questions was the influx a good thing? Why does it continue, does it constitute a national emergency? And if so, why what attitude does she bring to this crucial question failing to speak plainly and deeply about how illegal immigration is political malpractice on a grand scale. There are other large questions. What philosophical predilection does she bring to taxing, spending regulation, to the national debt? She owes us these answers. It is wrong that she can't or won't address them. It is disrespectful to the electorate. And I wish the electric would rise up personally interjecting here and scream out loud Listen, man, I'm a Democrat, and why the hell won't you explain the policy positions you're gonna bring to the table so I, as a Democrat, can confidently vote for you. No, that's not Brian Thomas saying he's a Democrat. I'm speaking through the mouth of some you know, nebulous, unnamed, unknown, hypothetical democrat out in the world. Because if I was and someone was running for office on behalf of the Republican or as a libertarian, I want to know what the hell they're running on. It's an insult that she doesn't let people know she's taking you for stooges. If voters don't get a sense of her deeper reliefs, they will think of her as a construct, something other people built so they can run the country as she does photo ops. Exactly what Joe Biden has been for the last three and a half plus years. A puppet my words again interjecting a puppet. We are guaranteed yet another puppet the ruling class. Behind the scenes. We'll be telling her what to do on the fly. We don't have to know her goals, and we're gonna find out about him later. We're gonna let the puppet masters choose the direction of the next presidency. If she's elected, vote for the unknown, you're gonna be in a world of hurt. And she's a little critical of Donald Trump, referring him to awful and the choices between empty or awful. I don't think Trump is awful. And the only component of Donald Trump that I think is awful is only in terms of the political realities of Donald Trump being Donald Trump and the built in anger that half of the country has toward Evil Orange Man. If he substituted Evil Orange Man for some other unnamed potential candidate that isn't baked into the cake. Now they would try to bake that into the cake regardless of what person is going to fill that void. But there's not going to be that Pavlovian response built into that. And that's the problem that Trump has. She calls him awful, but as it has observed, Trump was president for four years, we didn't all explode, institutions held, the threatened constitution maintained. So maybe that's the undecided vote because we know what to expect with Donald Trump. Six sixteen, Steve, I got your calling next. If you don't mind holding over for a moment, it's time to mention zero res carbet cleaning and air duck cleaning. Ah, it has made a world of difference in our house getting those air ducks clean. We got a carpet screen by Zeros as well, and they absolutely turned out great. And the carpet hadn't been cleaning a long time and it's twenty five years old. It looks brand new, So carpet cleaning is awesome. Zero's patented ZR water at least zero residue, which means your carpet stay cleaner longer because the soapie residues attract dirt. And you get those air ducks clean. If your house has never had the air ducks clean, and ours hadn't. It's a twenty five year old house that we built. I'm telling you as clean as our house is all the time, thanks to my wife. Those ducks with all I guess, all the projects over the years, you know, drywall, dust and everything else. Oh my god, it's made a world of difference. And everything's twenty percent off. You get twenty percent off when you call them and mention my name or go online. There's a coupon code right there at zero res Sincy where you can easily schedule appointment zero ressincy dot com with an I sincy zero scincy dot com. Five one three eight four five zero one five one five one three eight four five zero one five one fifty five KRC. We're just hours away, six twenty one at fifty five kr C the talk station. Happy it's Friday. Yeah, this aw my David five one three seven four nine fifty five h eight hundred eight two three talk jumping over the phone. Thank you for holding over the brake, Steve. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, you're not happy it's Friday. You wish it was Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, Monday.
Speaker 11: You wish it was.
Speaker 10: Monday at two thirty in the morning and you were waking up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's come to work. And I'm so excited about turning fifty nine tomorrow. It's just like a sort of is sounding it's my last year of the fifties. I'm just I'm not thrill.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm sixty two, and I've heard of you know, like when maybe you turn sixty you think about it, but I never remember doing a final year countdown for decade to get into the next decade. But whatever, I've never got. You know, that's okay.
Speaker 1: We're each Yeah, it's funny because looking back, I've never been turning it. Getting older never bothered me. The only depressed birthday I ever had in my life that was really really bummed about turning was when I turned twenty because I was I was like that, you're no longer a teenager. I was in college, I was having fun. Every day was a party, and I'm thinking, you know, the beginning of the end. You know, I'm a moment away from having to become a responsible, employed adult. And it really depressed me to turn twenty. So anyway, what's on your mind? Steal?
Speaker 10: Well, too bad you didn't turn twenty in the twenty first century, because then it's just you're still like a twelve year old.
Speaker 1: Excellent point. Excellent point.
Speaker 10: So that times were different way back then, weren't they. I mean people used to get dried their driver's license when they were sixteen, and you know, you tried to move out of the house and stuff. Now it's it's now you're on your parents' insurance. What until you're fifty two? Or what's the cutoff now? Like, whatever the cutoff is, why not just to add thirty or forty years to it? I mean, why not. It's a joke. Everything's a joke.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get on my mom's medicare plan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well why not bet a care for all? You know, we'll just call it something different, you know now that okay, that that's cool. Okay, As you know, I'll try to squeeze this one in there. I don't know if it'll fit, but I'll try to make it fit.
Speaker 12: Where it's.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 10: It is, okay, Well, you you you know, you're just not your eyes aren't open. You're saying Kamala Harris didn't answer that question. She answered that question absolutely. What are a couple of things you're gonna to bring prices down? See, the problem is, it's the same when you watch the debate, when you read the transcript, Trump won the debate. When you watch the debate, she won or whatever. Same with Nixon and Kennedy. It was like it's all about appearance. You had to watch her answer the question a couple of things she's going to do to bring prices down? She is a woman of color. There's two right there. They vote for her. She's a woman of color. That's all you gotta do is that she's answered the question. She has answered the question. She's not going to make anybody's life any better. She's a woman of color. That's how she's going to bring prices down.
Speaker 1: Does that enable her to sort of lay hands on the problem and cause it to disappear? I suppose she's mad.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, she's a Democrat. You got to vote for her and other Democrats for the next sixty years because every time they run, they're going to fix problems, and they never do. And they've got a good chunk of the population out there. Apparently not the tea seamsters though that I know they they didn't pay off the right people there. Somehow it got out that the rank and file ain't going along with the team message there. But you know, that's kind of funny. And again, I think Trump wins an electoral college landslide. I worry about a lot of things in life. I worry about things I can I have control over. It'll disappoint me if he doesn't win. But we're okay, we're taking care of our family. We're doing good. But I honestly think he probably doesn't win the popular vote because you know they go up plus five million in California.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, they're all.
Speaker 10: Wasted votes essentially. But I think he I mean, I drive around and I see, you know, and I'm in northern Kentucky, but all I see is Trump signs everywhere, and I can think back to twenty sixteen, and that's what I saw. I had a good feeling about that one. I do see some Harris Wall signs, but.
Speaker 1: Not merely as many, not a whole lot of them.
Speaker 10: In fact, you're surprised when you see one. I'm surprised. I'm surprised that names are even spelled correctly. You think there would be a misspelling on there or something since.
Speaker 1: Aro out of time. Honestly, as we part company, Steve, I just kind of feel embarrassed for the people who put the Harris Walls sign in their front yard. Honestly, I think that's a reflection of their well perhaps political stupidity. You're gonna vote for someone you don't even know what they're running on. That's interesting. Anyway, I have a wonderful day, Steve. Thanks for the call and stick around because tech Ford with Dave Hadters up next lean Arrow LLC. Their business consultants. They're the ones with decades of fortune, five hundred company experience. Their business consultants know every single business, both large and small. Complex. It's individual components that have to work together to achieve your bottom line goal, which is of course your bottom line. Also keeping the morale on your employees high, lowering the turnover rate You're improved, being quality your deliveries on time. You want great financial performance. That's what lean ERROLLC does. They partner with their clients to do a deep dive business system diagnostic to identify those areas that are degrading your business performance, redesign that process to deliver results. It could mean huge improvements in your company's bottom line and again morale employee retention. So learn about what lean Er can do for you and see if you qualify for what they're offering for a limited time, a complementary business evaluation for qualified businesses. So what you do is go to LEANEROLLC dot com, learn about them, fill out the form right there to see if your business qualifies for this complementary evaluation, and start realizing your business's potential today. Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Less than twenty minutes. Chuck kingrim On fifty five KRC The talk station.
Speaker 1: Six one on a Friday means it's time for Tech Friday with day have had Or brought to you by his company Intro i T Best in the business as the business courrier. You have a business, you have computers you need. Dave had Or on his team at interest i T. You can find them online at interest i T dot com. Dave had to welcome back and thanks as always for sponsoring this segment. It's just an awesome, awesome time of week for me.
Speaker 7: Always good to be here, Brian, look forward to it myself every week.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you do before we get to Ford real quick. I just wanted to get your knee jerk reaction on the on that the cell phone and walkie talkie bombs, remote control explosions all timed identically. That is crazy, man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is pretty spooky, you know, Brian, When I when I saw that story, at first, I thought, okay, this can't be real. I know, I started looking into it, and my next thought was, Okay, you know, would a pager have a battery large enough to really explode? I mean, I know, batteries catch on fire. We've seen this sort of thing, you know it could you send some sort of signal? I would remind folks if you look at what happened with Stuck's Net and the Iranian nuclear reactors. You know, those machines were reporting they were behaving normally while the software inside them made them basically tear themselves apart. So, I mean, we've already seen at least one real world example where you know, something like this was done, and I thought, okay, you know, could you make it overheat and the battery explode? Yeah? Probably, but would a battery have enough force? And you know, I spent eight years in the army reserves. As a combat engineer, I've used C four in the Army. I thought then when the video started the perier, that okay, it's got to be some kind of explode super planet. And you know, okay, this the forethought it would take the ability to get into the supply chain. Apparently now it looks like they set up shell companies to build these things. Yeah, it's completely insane, but it also points out again the fragility of our society. How many times do you think a product is touched before it's shipped into the United States, you know, comes into palette disassembled. You know, there's there's been rumors that our agencies are taking things like routers before they're shipped countries and planning backdoors in them. So I mean, clearly this indicates it can be done successfully. And yeah, I thought it was pretty insane, really and pretty scary.
Speaker 1: It is really scary. And also ford installing listening devices is also scary.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So this report hit the news last week, and you and I have discussed how so called smart devices are basically privacy and security dumpster fires many times. I've brought up on here many times I encourage people go see for yourself. Check out the Mozilla Privacy non included website Mozilla and the Firefox browser. People evaluate the privacy of various products, and they did a big expose at the end of last year about how most modern cars from virtually every manufacturer are essentially rolling computers that are collecting all kinds of data about you that from a privacy standpoint, make no sense. Now we've seen ford As file a patent actually stating in the patent that they intend to listen to you in your car. Combine that with data like your location and other information they would collect from the car, and you know, send you ads and do who knows what else. I'm not as worried about the ads as the fact that, you know, how many people have said, Okay, we're you know, you and your spouse are having an argument. Let's just go for a drive and talk it out. You know, let's calm down, go for a drive, let's have a private conversation. Well, you know that's out the window now. It's it's crazy, I can tell you now. You know. Ford is kind of responding with, well, just because we have a patent doesn't mean we're going to do it. How to elect to protect intellectual property. But I can tell you I would not buy a forward as a result of this, and I will encourage people again to look into what your new modern car is doing and capable of from a privacy perspective. It's not good.
Speaker 1: Well, and we'll continue this theme because apparently there's marketing firms out there using your phone's microphone to also listen in on you. That with Tech Friday's Dave hat or next six point thirty five right now for you five kc DE talk station for in exchange, get your imported car fixed from on fifty five pairs the talk station six forty fifty KIRCD talk station interest it dot com, where you find Dave and the crew for all your computer issues and needs. If you're a business and moving over, big brother is indeed watching, and a big brother will include marketing firms apparently using our cell phones microphones to listen to our conversations.
Speaker 7: Dave, so, Brian, this is interesting because you and I have had this conversation many times over the last ten years, and I can't tell you how many times I've personally been approached by people who say, is my cell phone listening to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Now, the obvious answer is, well, yes, of course it is, especially if you're using something like Siri, because it has to be listening in order to respond to whatever the activation phrase is.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, but you've consented to that by installing one. To me. I never do that, but you know outlaud or up front that it has to be listening there it wouldn't work. And on a cell phone though.
Speaker 7: I want to be clear, I don't use that either. I know you have tat are turned off. But then people have said, well, how is it possible that you know, I'm having a conversation with my spouse and then suddenly I get ads on Facebook or something, And Facebook for years has said we are not listening to your phone. Now enter this article in the New York Post. Now, and it's been widely reported on Centisen, but I first caught this from the New York Post on X Marketing and firm admits to using your phone to listen to your conversations. And then when you read into it here, Cox Media Group, the television and radio news conglomerate, admitted in a pitch deck to investors that it's quote active listening software unquote uses artificial intelligence to quote capture real time intent data by listening to our conversations unquote. So you have an organization and they list Google, out, Facebook, and Amazon as their partners. So I you know, Brian, you're the attorney here, but I think you could try to make an argument that, well, our partner might be doing this, but we're not doing this.
Speaker 1: Right knowingly facilitated.
Speaker 7: Right If they're doing it and selling you that data, well okay, I mean again, you have some plausible notability there one degree of separation. Why don't know how they got me the data? They just got me the data that it sends you to add about the thing that you just talked about. But again, this has been reported on widely, you know, and if you read further into it, there was one key piece in here I wanted to quote. So then here's a comment from Meta reminder of Meta, parent company of Facebook, Instagram, et cetera. Meta, parent company of Facebook and Instagram mint it was reviewing CMG to see whether it's violating it is terms of service. Quote. Meta does not use your phone's microphone for ads, and we've been public about this for years. A metaspokesperson told the post. We're reaching out to CMG to get them to clarify their program is not based on metadata. So again, Facebook has consistently maintained for a long time that they're not doing this, as have most of the rest of these companies. But now you have at least one example of at least one company who has stated that they're doing this very thing. So again, when you couple this with things like what we saw with the Ford ad, this is like right out of Orwell's wildest nightmares. Right in nineteen eighty four, the state put in the telescreen so it could listen to you and watch you and stuff. For here, we are voluntarily doing this to ourselves because you know, apparently we think convenience is more important than privacy and security. I mean, if you think about this for a second, if this company and other companies are doing something like this, it's not just that, oh I said, hey, Siri, it'd be funny to see how many of those we just activated, Brian, It's that the thing is listening to you all the time. You don't know what it's capturing. You don't know who has that data, you don't know how long they store it, you don't know who they might be selling it to, which is why I would strongly encourage people a get rid of any apps that are affiliated with any kind of capability like this. It'd be despite the fact that there is obvious convenience in it. You know, turn it off until you need it if you really must use it. Again, I don't use any of these sort of listening things on my phone. The microphone on my phone. You can go into an Apple phone settings and dictate which apps can use the microphone. A. I have a very small number of apps installed on my phone, and B there's only two that can use the microphone, the phone itself and Microsoft Teams because I use it for work on a regular basis, right right, So yeah, I would encourage people to turn the microphone capability off. And then I think it'd be insightful too for people to go see which apps have asked to use the microphone. You know, why does your flashlight app need to use the microphone other than to spile on you and sell your data.
Speaker 1: It's a great question, and I know bunch of people going, Okay, well, how do I do that?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, it's kind of very on your phone and the specific the specific iOS, but in general, you just have to go into the settings, go to the microphone and settings. If you go online. Now, remember, Brian, we want to use privacy friendly search engines like start page or go or something. Just do a search, right, search for how can I tell which apps are using the microphone on my phone or disable the microphone on my phone. There'll be plenty of reputable sites out there, seeing that z net Tom's guide, et cetera. That'll have step by step instruction sometimes videos. Right, was I want to literally walk you through it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can say definitively without ever having a looked there. I'm guarantee you there's a YouTube video showing you exactly how to do what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: I guarantee there is too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But see, you know I would use rumble choke off anything from Google, right true?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 7: But to your point, Yeah, the good news is, you know, when you hear some nerd like me talk about this, there's always if you, if you know how to do a search, always going to be resources out there that can help you turn on a specific thing, or turn off a specific thing, or delete a specific thing or whatever. You know, you might have to tweak a little bit on your search terms to get to it. But there's so many free resources out there now that can help you with these kinds of questions, and you know, address these kinds of problems. You generally don't have to look too hard.
Speaker 1: Amen. That and sound advice from Dave Hadder One more. Apparently a lot of money being lost in cryptocurrency scams, not surprising anybody who listens to this segment of the show. Everyone six if you want, if anybou Carcy Detalk station and Happy Friday talking with Dave Adder in trust it dot com is where you find him and h Cryptocurrency is a lucrative earth. Cryptocurrency scams is a lucrative profession to be involved with.
Speaker 7: So, Brian, you know, crypto has gotten a lot of press recently. Both presidential candidates have talked about it, and I don't know if you happened to catch the headline yesterday, but I might have been the day before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, Well Trump buying burgers with crypto.
Speaker 7: Well there was that, But Louisiana just announced that as a state government, you can now actually pay bills in bitcoin, which I think is interesting. So, you know, there's a lot of naysayers out there around this sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to calculate the value of a bitcoin. It changes all the time.
Speaker 7: Well, that is one of the things that makes it interesting. How do you, you know, lock in a valuate and make the transfer at a particular time because it is, you know, it has shown an enormous amount of volatility over time. Yeah, that's and then there's all kinds of wild predictions out there that you know, right, I think bitcoin trade is trading at like sixty three thousand dollars right now.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, not that long ago, was thirty. Prior to that, it was fifteen. So if I got to buy something, a little fraction of a bitcoin is going to be worth some different amount depending on which moment in time you engage in the transaction.
Speaker 7: This, I mean, that's true for any currency, right, But you're right, it's super volatile. Yeah, that's one of the things that make it risky. You know, I certainly would not encourage anyone to go put all of their money into bitcoin. That could be catastrophic. But you know, there are people out there predicting because of the financial the terrible and increasingly bad financial condition we find ourselves in as a country that you know, it's going to go to insane amounts, you know, as a hedge against FIA currency and the inflation we see. But anyhow, outside of all of that, I just I thought it's interesting now that Louisiana is going to accept bitcoin as payment. So, you know, for people who say it's all just bs, you know, it's it is increasingly accepted in a variety of legitimate ways. That said, the FBI has recently reported on cryptocurrency scams for the year twenty twenty three, and I like to bring this up whenever possible. The FBI has a website called the Internet Crime Complaints Center IC three dot gov. You can not only go there to report any type of cyber or crime that you may have experienced, and I encourage people to do that. You know, if it's some low volume, low value thing, they're clearly not going to engage on that. But by reporting these things, you may help them become aware of a new trend or problem that they can then warn about. Right, So I would argue you're doing your fellow man a solid by reporting these kinds of things. The other point about that site is it's full of all kinds of statistics. They do an annual report every year that shows you what has been reported in what they're encountering out there, and that's where this information came from. So, according to the FBI, five point six billion dollars were lost last year through cryptocurrency related scams, seventy thousand complaints they received in twenty twenty three. Now, I have seen numerous FBI agents, both online and in in person presentations that I attended, say, you know, their belief is that most of these types of crimes are not reported unless there's either a compliance regulatory type of reason you must report it, or you know, someone just feels the need to try to do a solid for the rest of the world. So my point is, whatever these numbers are, they're probably much lower than what's really happening. And the point they make here, which I think is an important point, is you know, there's a lot of different ways you could get scammed that aren't necessarily tied to cryptocurrency. Maybe that's just how you paid, but scammers are often using social media and dating apps. And I would remind folks whether it's large data breaches like national public data, we should probably talk about that again sometime soon more comes out around that, or it's people putting enormous amounts of information about themselves on social media and dating apps. Con men or conmen, right, they're going to use the information they can find out about you to figure out where you know, where to build up rapport, where to create a relationship with you. Oh, I happen to love kiss too. They're my favorite band. Oh yeah, that's my favorite song. And next thing you know, you think you're in a relationship, and then they point out that then the angle because oh, by the way, you know, I'm really doing great with cryptocurrency. I could help you, and they'll even allow you to make a little money at first, right to really set the hook in there before they steal all your money. So I would encourage folks, whether it's the FBI or the FTC, to go read about the kinds of scams, particularly these romance scams that are happening regularly. And then as a reminder, if a stranger reaches out to you and suddenly you have this amazing relationship and then they ask you to do anything with investments, but especially cryptocurrency, run to the nearest exit. You are being scammed.
Speaker 1: Sound exclamation point on that advice. Dave Hatter always a pleasure to having on the program. I appreciate the information you pass along to my listeners and me makes us all safer out there in this dangerous place that we call well Internet and social media, etc. Interest dot com Get in touch with Dave and the team for your business computer related needs until next Friday, my friend. Have a wonderful weekend, brother, and look forward to talking with you next week.
Speaker 9: On the way to work all day in fault check in throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc D Talk Station seven. I was six here a fifty five kre c detalk station. I'm very happy for Friday day to you. Remember fifty five car Sea dot com. Get your podcasts, get the books and the authors I interview like yesterday's Captain Elkanna Cohen with the book October seventh. He's a captain with the Israeli Defense Force. And the conversation I' getting ready to have right now. Jonathan Pearson. He's running for Hamilton County Commissioner and he is running against Alisia Reith. Jonathan, Welcome to the fifty five KRSEE morning shows. Nice to have you on today.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you Brian.
Speaker 12: I appreciate he giving me time.
Speaker 1: Happy too, And I guess I'm a little befuddled.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't find you anywhere online except that you are running for Hamilton County Commissioner. The Hamilton County Republican Party website doesn't have any profile information. I can't find a website. Do you have a website that people can go?
Speaker 8: I don't have a website. I'll have to check with the for the county down the vent. I am using it through the Hamlin County Party website and that one I need to make sure that I have that clarified.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I my.
Speaker 8: Page that I didn't get that rectified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just because when I click on Hamilton Kundy Republicanparty dot org site for you, they have you listed as an endorsed candidate. But when I click on about the informations is candidate's qualifications for office seeking slash Background and experience just as under development. So there's no substance of information there. Somebody we can get some out today. What are your qualifications for office seeking? Jonathan? Your background, part of town you from? Why are you running for Hamilt County Commissioner? To dive through all that today.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm from the Fairfax area. I live in Fairfax, and you know, the short version of why I'm running is, I'm just tired of what we're seeing. I moved here in eighty four from Springfield, Ohio and other great city as you can see in the current news. But I was just tired of what's going on. We used to be affordable.
Speaker 12: It isn't.
Speaker 8: I don't know what happened to this county. We went from being a modest taxes, modest home prices to seven point eight sales tax to property taxes that you and I both know are both crazy right now. But my background is that I had run golf courses and then started running private estates and up an Indian Hill, we subdivided a private estate that I worked for. Was a property manager and became the site foreman for that. And after we subdivided that, I became my own businessman because I decided I wanted to run my own company and started taking care of some of these very expensive properties. Got to meet a lot of different people that both famous not famous, but got used to working with a lot of people, a lot of different things, and working for an immense amount of moneyed property, so should I say. And it made me understand how to manage it kind of money, sure, and that was something that I enjoyed doing.
Speaker 1: Understood business experience is important, I believe, because yeah, it's real world experience.
Speaker 8: The biggest thing that I was that, you know, what I learned is how you communicate with people and get people to understand what you're trying to do and you understand what they try to do and you're not sitting there arguing with them. Because that's really what started this whole thing. Back last summer, if you remember, there was a meeting with the Convention Center and Alicia Reese came out saying that it was you know, racist and it was, you know, like pac Man Jones, And I was like, what did that have to do with anything? It was just a racist trope that didn't need to be said. You know, there's a lot of money on the table to the convention Center at one hundred and twenty million. When they were arguing that point, obviously people get a little testy and either she doesn't know that or the fact that she just wanted to make a racist trope, and that offended me as a Hamlet County resident. It offended me because I'm expecting my elected officials to just handle the fact that when you're dealing with a lot of money, people get a little tested. I've had that happen in my own business, people like hey, wait a minute, and sometimes the words they say aren't exactly kind. He just learned to deal with it. You don't sit there and go make a big statement and you know, Splanner somebody else. So that was really what offended me. I thought, we need people that can deal with that. Feels a little bit better. But more importantly, we have some serious negotiation dollars coming up.
Speaker 1: Yesterday and he guess the stadium deal.
Speaker 8: Well, the stadium deals. I mean you saw those numbers yesterday. They're a little a little stiff.
Speaker 1: One point five dollars for improvements, Jonathan, you can build a brand.
Speaker 8: That's the budget for the county. Yeah, we're taking think about this. We say, you know what, Hamlin County, Let's take the entire budget for our county and slap it on one area.
Speaker 7: Owned.
Speaker 8: That sounds like a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before I privately owned business, effectively for a.
Speaker 8: Privately owned business, because in my business, I've never had the County buy me a single piece of equipment. They've never bought any of my trucks, they've never bought any of my mowers. They've never bought any of my hand tools, none of my power tools, none of that. So based on that logic, how much are we supposed to buy for somebody else? Good point, that's really what the question comes down to, you know, put some skin into games.
Speaker 1: I certainly viewed as defensive myself, But then again, I thought the building of the stadium for half a billion dollars was ridiculous and shouldn't have been the taxpayer expenditure either. But when you have the threat of the Bengals pulling the plug and leaving town, suppose it's more important to be in NFL football town than it is to you know, take a look at what the where the money is going and why the taxpayers are being asked to keep it. But that's all been done and over with water under the bridge. But now they're asking for more and a hell of a lot more. So that's something you're going to have to struggle with. And so where what is your position? Okay, Jonathan Pearson, County Commissioner, The issue comes before you what what what's your response to this request? Recognizing, of course than under the current lease agreement, we do have contractual obligations, So what do you do as a commissioner?
Speaker 8: Well, as we both know that that was a horrible deal from the beginning, So that's that's our first problem. But you're right, we have to deal with it because there it is. But minds simple, you know, I think from the you know, the reality is that we started in the hole, you know, So I'd like to see the Brown family step up. You know, they can't claim they're poor because they do revenue sharing and when they bought the bingals outright from the Sawyer family, they suddenly had two hundred million and cakes to do the deal. So it's not like they're lacking in money. And I'm not I'm not trying to say that we need to sit there and just say, hey, let's oviscerate the deal because we made it and we have to honor it. But at the same time, I think a business needs to step up and be that business for themselves, and so I would like to see a lot more skin in the game from their side, and then take an honest look at it and see what it does. Does it does the other things that they're talking about actually have values to the county residents? Does it help the downtown area those type of things. Are they public use areas that we can all look at and go, okay, that makes sense? Or is it strictly Bengal only oriented stuff exactly?
Speaker 1: And that's that new corporate office facility they're building in front of the new practice stadium that they're built, or a practice field they're building, and to the best of my knowledge, none of which benefits us generally speaking, unless, of course they're going to make an argument that, well, everybody that works there is paying tax dollars into the kind of the coffers of the city. But I'm not quite sure that cuts it for the rest of the Hamilton County voters.
Speaker 8: Well, it doesn't because we lost Hilltop in the process of putting up some big inflatable balloons so they can practice. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm find that the Bengals are here. I have a problem with the fact that we kicked out a well established business. Yeah, to do that that did not benefit the Hamlin County residents by getting rid of a very large employer and taxpayer.
Speaker 1: Excellent point, you know, Jonathan Pierson, I forgot about that, but it's a great point.
Speaker 8: Let's pause from what do we make money in this county. We don't have to keep adding taxes. Let's add businesses.
Speaker 1: Hey there's the thought, Jonathan Pierce. That hold off. We're gonna take a break right now. We'll come back with Jonathan running against Alisia Reese. You have choices this November. Let's make spart ones. He has been endorsed by their I'milton kind of Republican party. We'll get more from Jonathan just a moment. I want to mention twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven of my favorite gun store. I am a customer and I have shot in the range multiple times. Safest indoor range, cleanest indoor range, best indoor range I've ever shot it, and I have feeling you'll reach the same conclusion. A bunch of membership options for the range. You just got to walk on in and show them your card and take your place on the range and squeeboss squeeze awesome rounds safely with the range safety officers constantly monitoring the situation, taking sure. But he's following the rules and mining their p's and q so you can feel very comfortable there, and you will. You're interested in buying a firearm for the first time, you couldn't be in better hands. Their staff are extraordinarily knowledgeable about the products they sell, long guns, handguns, ammunition accessories. They literally have everything. The owners the best people around. Wendy and Jeff. They're outstanding people and you'll be glad you're supporting them. They're always on the right side of everything. Wendy and Jeff. So get on interrupt. It's out Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon. You can find them online. Learn all about the store and what they have to offer you. And it's a lot. It's twenty two three dot com the number twenty two five of the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com fifty five KRC. We're just ours. Here's your Channa nine weather forecasts. It's going to be a sunny day and a hot day going up in ninety three. Overnight lowes sixty eight with some clowns, partly cloudy. Tomorrow hot again ninety three overnight lows sixty nine with clouds and a cloudy Sunday, maybe some showers and thunderstorms. There's a chance. Keep our fingers crossed eighty five for a high on Sunday. It's sixty three right now, in time for a traffic updates from the UCL.
Speaker 5: Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is open. The most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one three, five eighty five U SECZ notth bend four seventy one that is loading up way too fast into the barrels for it to just be the construction. I'm checking to see if there's an accident between Grand and Memorial southbound seventy five. I'm seeing a few break lights approaching the Brands Fence Bridge in ben seventy four. Still okay, chuck ingramout fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty here for the five Kereseity talk Station Bryan Thomas talking with Jonathan Parson, running for Hamilton County Commissioner against Alisia Reese. All right, Jonathan, here's a quick question for you. Started off and ask you know why you're running. Everything's gotten to damn expensive in Hamilton County. No one can deny that. It's obviously a problem that's pervasive in our country. But when you look at the surrounding counties and you look at where people choose to do business, they tend to lean more Butler Warren in Claremont than Hamilton anymore. How do you level the playing field, how do you make Hamilton as attractive as apparently Butler Warren in Claremont County seem to be. And what do you think their draw is over Hamilton County.
Speaker 8: Well, the one thing that we've got to do is, as you know, in the Commission's office, we can't change the tax laws, right, but there's nothing like a bully pulpit they get the conversation started. I mean, I'll use the sales tax alone. We added that stupid twenty eight percent for the buses, and you know they're also full. When you drive around town, you see the bus is completely full being used and everything else. Because obviously that money was needed, not to mention they got a sixty two million dollar grant from the government last year too, on top of that tax, if you didn't know that, And so we have all this extra sales tax that's going in there, and it makes people think geez, my product's going to be that much more expensive if I sell it within my area. Here's a crazy thing about sales tax. I can go to Claremont County buy all money new appliances for my kitchen, and the money I'll save on sales tax will deliver them to my house. That's just stupid. We need to start reconsidering certain things. Hamlin County has a lot of very nice residents, so they vote yes on too many things. And that's the challenge. We've got to get people to rethink they're taxing themselves. As for the appropriation are the moneys for the property taxes that can be done by having a county auditor. Tom Brinkman is running for that that actually looks at the true value of homes instead of saying what's the maximum. We can run this too. I know there's a constitutional reality that we have to evaluate homes, but the Constitution of Ohio does not mandate that you maximize every single penny and start squeezing people out. And that is one of the big things that I think people find is that just the tax structure alone is a little tough. When you have your home in a community and suddenly your taxes are up an extra thousand dollars, That doesn't mean they didn't go up in Warren County in Butler County, but not to the same proportions. Because per land value, Hamlet County does have expensive land comparatively, and so the property taxes can be a little bit higher. But we don't need to start taxing to that extreme. And I say that with great understanding because I live in the Marrimount School District, which is one of the highest tax areas in the region.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so.
Speaker 8: Believe me, my tax bill tells me you live in the Marimount School District. And I think that those are the things that we can work on from the bully pulp that, so to speak. There the practical matter is first and foremost. Just because a dollar comes to the door doesn't mean we need to spend it, and we don't need to, you know, look at everything and say, oh, that's a good project, do this, lit'st do that, and those type of things. The first thing that Adam and I would like to do is to take a look at that budget and say what's redundant, get rid of those immediately. What do we not need to spend money on or are we spending too much money on? Actually look at the budget instead of just saying, oh, the administrator said this is okay, and not actually look at it. I mean, that's what the commissioners are elected for, to actually look at the budget. I'm not convicted that that's happening, that there's a true understanding what they're looking at.
Speaker 1: Well, the silence think that the silence from the Commissioner's office generally speaking is deafening. I rarely read anything about what the commissioners are doing and how they're approaching things. And there's a lot coming up, like again going back to the stadium deal, the least needs to be renegotiated. This one point twenty five billion dollar request for improvements needs to be dealt with. And I know the sheriff's departments down on numbers that has to be dealt with. I just don't hear anything about where they are on any given issue.
Speaker 8: In the sheriff's office. Look at the sheriff's office, the largest single budget the commissioners deal with. Yeah, and we have a sheriff that I'm not sure if she knows what she's doing because she has her car stole and a gun that is in her car. You would think that the commissioners would have something to say about that, since they're the one that appropriate the money too, the sheriff's department. Nope, not a word from them. And then other things are gone. They're closing part of the jail because they just don't have enough deputies.
Speaker 10: They're leaving.
Speaker 8: The sheriff's office. And this is something that they should concern the commissioners, not just the sheriff, but should concern the commissioners along with all county residents. This is an issue that we don't talk about. Mine is complete transparency. You want to walk through the building or walk into my office and take a look at what the deputies make, I'll show you. I won't show you what individual deputies make, but I'll show you what the overall budget for all the deputies is. I have no problem as an elected official. You want to know exactly, to the opinion, what I make. Here's what I make transparency, and you know, I'm happy to stay in front of a camera or stand with you know, sit down with you once a week just to let people know what's going on. It's their money, it's not my money. To go oh good, I have a new money in my checking account. That's not the way the game's played, and I think people forget that. As elected officials, we see that, especially unfortunately in the Democratic side, more than we do the Republican side. But I think that that's the great danger that we're seeing right now, is those type of things make people not desires to be here. What happens is more and more businesses slowly pull out, and as those businesses pull out, people pull out. The more people you have in this fair county, and the more businesses you have in this county. By giving a reasonable tax structure, suddenly we don't need new taxes. We just need more people and more businesses were actually making more taxes than we need.
Speaker 1: Sounds so simple to do, Jonathan Pearson.
Speaker 8: It is that that's how you work in your own home. You're saying, hey, I don't need a brand new car this year.
Speaker 1: Right right now, I'm with you. Yes, if we ran the government like we run our households, generally speaking, we would all be in a much better place. Jonathan Pearson. As soon as you get the website up, or you get more information, get it over to the Hamilton County site. So people know where to connect with you and learn more. You're welcome here on the fifty five Cars in the Morning show. I like what you're saying, Jonathan, and I'll look forward to talking with you again, and if you get elected, I will take you up on the opportunity to speak with you on a regular basis about county issues since no one seems to be doing it. Good luck to both having me to do so. Good luck to you and Adam Taylor. Thanks listeners for tuning in and on that. And Jonathan will talk again soon. I'm sure have a great weekend seven to twenty six. Right now, fifty five Car City Talks we're gonna learn about from Charles Tawseli returns to talk about the annual street rescue event. Let's get those illegal guns off the street. I have no problem with that, and of course have a strong recommendation for you get a free roof inspection from the honest professionals at Fast and Pro Roofing. It's a free quote if work needs to be done. But I say, don't wait till your roof is coming off or shingles are disappeared. If you have to say a decade or fifteen or however many years you look at your roof like I've never had it inspected. Think about my friend Steve who called Fast and Pro Roofing up specifically to have them replace the siding on his home. They did the free roof inspection just because they do it as a matter of course, and they found some latent defects up there that could have cost him a serious problem down the road. He's like, oh my god, I'm so glad I called them. You will be too complete roof inspection. If they come off the roof and you give you a clean bill of health, that's peace of mind in and of itself and doesn't cost you anything to do that, and you might be able to get ahead of a problem and save yourself heaps of money over the long haul. If you do need a new roof, you're working with the right people, both residential and commercial. And if you get a shingle roo replacement, they'll automatically and for free upgrade you to the certainty landmark pro fifty year shingle that's also peace of mind a plus with a better business drill. And they are truly honest, I assure you of that. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five on three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Check it all out online Fasten fastnfastenproroofing dot Com fifty five car the talk station to those supporting recovery.
Speaker 7: Here's your nine.
Speaker 1: First one weather forecast ninety three is gonna be our high today aby sunny sky is partly cloudy over night down to sixty eight ninety three. Again tomorrow with partley cloudy sky, clouds over night down to sixty nine eighty five high Sunday, mostly cloudy and a chance and hopefully it comes true showers and thunderstorms. It's sixty four degrees right now. How about a traffic update.
Speaker 5: From the UCUP Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnami Cancer Center. It's open, the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one, three, five eighty five. You see seed on found four to seventy one. It's crawling out of Southgate to an accident at Memorial, heading into the barrels. Only one lane gets by on the right southbound seventy five. It's the right lane that's blocked off at Mitchell and the exit ramp to Mitchell that traffic is thinning out to get by, you can still exit.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC The talk Station five KRC Talk Station, Happy Friday, Welcome back to the fifty five CARRIC Morning Show. The man who created the Street Rescue Stolen Gun Recovery event, Charles Tassel. It's good to have you on the program. We got another event coming up, and wow, couldn't it come at a better time giving these recent gun store robberies that are happening all over.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, thank you, Brian, happy to know it's You're exactly right, and that's exactly why we're doing it. Well.
Speaker 1: Remind my listeners the point of this, you aren't an anti gun organization necessarily. You're in partnership the Baptist Ministries Association and the Progressive Baptist Church. The point of this is that they that the guns out on the street are quite often like a lending library. From the way you've described it before, there's like a gun, it's in a hidden location, and the gangsters or the bad guys or whoever knows where it is, uses the gun on a temporary basis and then puts it back. So that's what we need to get rid of the illegal guns that are on the street.
Speaker 12: And we call them community guns.
Speaker 1: Community guns.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 12: That's it. And you know, if somebody gets frissed and they have a gun on them, they go to jail. So the bad guys, it took them two seconds to figure that out. So they just hide the gun around the community and they know where they're at. And the problem is people in the community know where they're at, but there's kind of a little trust factor of hey, let me go pick up this sketchy gun and bring it to a police officer or you know, then your fingerprints are on and everything else. So we set this up as a no questions asked opportunity to bring these bring these weapons in. Some as we have you know, young ladies who have an ex boyfriend who's moved on, who's left something behind, and they're like, I don't know anything about this, I don't want it, I don't want it around me, I don'tanner around my kids. So they'll they'll turn it in as well. And the whole point is is reduction of gun violence. And it's not against guns, it's gun violence and really focusing on that piece of it, and that really kind of comes to the critical next step here, which is with these thefts that have occurred. There are over one hundred guns at the streets. These are new guns. A lot of them have been sold from what I'm hearing, very cheaply quickly. These these young teenagers did this and they're on the streets and people first thought, oh, I'm geting a deal on a gun whatever they and now they're realizing, oh, I've got solen merchandise.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 12: They know, they know the serial numbers. So now I'm sitting on a fourth degree felony because I have possession of this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is this is a way.
Speaker 12: And we're hearing from you know, we partner with gil Mallery a long time ago on this, and then the Baptist ministers they're hearing about this as well, and they're saying, look, we've got to get these outportunities. There are people who have suddenly realized I'm you know, unbeknownst to me, I'm now in possession of stolen merchandise. I want the opportunity to get rid of it. So this is no questions asked atf Police that now we're doing this. They're like, get the guns out of there, get those illegal guns back. We need to get them back to the rightful owners.
Speaker 1: Indeed, well, it's highly unlikely that I suppose a person who actually went and stole commit the committed the crime and stole those weapons will be turning it in. They're more likely to sell it. As you point out the recipient of the gun. Maybe in your home. You could be a homeowner. You have a son or even daughter. I suppose that got one of these guns. Maybe you know about it. You want to get rid of it. You don't want your child to be in trouble, but you know you don't want them to have a firearm either. That be a great thing, I guess, Charles. I'm worried about folks who don't have any familiarity with a handgun. And I'm thinking of handguns now, of course, but it could be a long gun too. But they don't want to even touch it. Maybe they don't know how to load or unload it. They're afraid what about the status of the gun as loaded or unloaded. For those complete novices out there that know about where one of these might be.
Speaker 12: Well, a couple of things one. We're happy to come pick it up, call us, we can address that side of it. We've done that a number of times. They've gone to folks's house. They not probab will take care of it. Safety is the first priority, as with any weapon, Safety is as the first priority. But then the next step is this isn't really folks who you know, the kids who did the thefts, they're already in jail. This is about one hundred plus guns that hit the street because of their thefts, and people who unknowingly ended up in the situation where they're like, I'm sitting on an illegal or you know, only weapon. How do I get rid of this? How do I become legal again? And that's really what we're focused on this time. Now we're open to any community guns being brought in anytime, but really this is kind of a pressure relief style for the community to go let's let's go legal. Let's get these ones that we're stolen, get them turned in, and let's sake it, we get Yeah, this group of kids that live on store cars drove them into gun stores. You know, they've got enough issues on their own. We don't need to add to it. By putting a bunch of more people in jail and adding a bunch more fourth degree felonies out there on people.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd rather have the gun off the street. That's what the police are in accord with this. It's better to get the gun off the street than to chase down a felony four conviction. I completely agree with you on that. Now, what what what time is the event? Where is it taking place? And uh and and and is there a website where we can get the words spread out so I can put that on my blog page.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so facebook site which is Street Rescue. Since since the Street Rescue, we've got that posted up there. But it's six thirteen Prospect Place, which is Progressive Baptist Church in Cincinnati. And it's it's right in writing area, right down for Reading Road, Avondale. It's from ten am until one pm against Progressive Baptist Church or Progressive Missionary Baptist Church as they call it, six thirteen Prospect Place. And that's Saturday morning. You know, no questions asked, there's no cameras, there's no there's no gotches. Pastor Larry Holly is there and the Bachel's ministers have spoken on this and are in unison on support of this, and this is the first time we've really partnered with them on this. And I will mention you mentioned about gun safety going on. We actually do provide gun safety training as well, one and certificates of people. You know, if somebody wants to get trained and says, you know, I've got something I get rid of, but I also want to learn how to do it handles correctly, properly. Absolutely, we fully support that.
Speaker 1: That's great. That is great because there are certainly a lot of legitimate reasons people might want a firearm to use for their own personal self defense, their home defense. And so that is gun safety is of paramount importance in my life as well. All right, so get my listeners real quick here, Charles Tassel, and I can't thank you enough for doing this is such an important event. What have your numbers reflected over the years, How many guns have you gotten off the street through these street rescue programs.
Speaker 12: Well, we've done over one hundred guns that come in over the years, and I don't even know how much ammunition if we've literally you know, you get partial boxes of ammunition that somebody has found. Like I said in a mailbox, a house that's been vacant and open, and those are brought in. Brian, I will always remember the first time we held and there's a gentleman walking down the street with a shotgun on his shoulder in over the Rhine, and I'm like, oh, this is really happening. Okay, And you know this was found between two walls right inside this right inside the stake and building. Okay, not a problem. And you know, no questions asked. We take those in. And we've had a variety of types of weapons, everything from you know, baby guns that had the little orange kIPS removed. Yeah, and I've had moms very concerned that you know, their their childhood, you know, snuck a gun in the house and all that too. You know, some larger weapons that were loaded and you know stashed behind garbage scans kind of thing. So it's been We've seen all kinds of things come in and really it doesn't matter what it is. Bottom have. You know, sometimes they get serial numbers, they are scrubbed off them or ground off them. That's very common, no questions asked, bring it in, We'll take care of it. And like you know, when the serial numbers are off of it. Those have to be.
Speaker 1: Destroyed absolutely, and one could only imagine the lives that have been saved by the hundred or so guns you've already gotten off the street. So wonderful idea of the concept is great. Nobody knows that in questions, just get it out, get it off the street. Show up between ten am and one pm, six thirteen Prospect Places, Saturday. Charles, thank you. You're always welcome on the morning. Should to talk about this anytime it comes up. Anytime you're doing it again, just get in touch with Joe and we'll talk about it and spread the word.
Speaker 12: I really appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, my pleasure. Keep up the great work. Seven forty one fifty five krce DE talk station and get in touch with Peter Shabrie Coloring seven Hills, number one real estate group in Cincinnati. Their mission is a five star experience for you, and they will deliver. I know Peter Shabrie, I know his level of excellence, and I know the value that he brings to his clients. They are outstanding of what they do, the cream of the crop. So they're gonna help you when you're a buyer's agent, they're gonna help you steer clear of problems. They're gonna identify things he might not crop up to you when you're looking at a home potentially you might want to buy, like okay, take into account this, this, and this seller's agent. They're gonna tell you everything you need to do to maximize the sale price of your home. And if you don't want to even go through the home selling experience, but you do want to sell your home, take a cash offer from the Shabri Group with a forty eight hours of them Senior House. You have a cash offer I meaning as little as less than three weeks from today, you can be out of Dodge Gone by no problem, no showings, and no investment in your home to maximize the sell price. They're great at what they do. They bring tremendous value. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com is where you final online to learn more about the team. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com. The number of course is five to one three seven zero eight three thousand, fifty five KRC dot com. Do you have an idea for an event? Is your nine first warning weather forecast could be a hot one today, ninety three for the high or sunny skies, clouds rolling overnight will drop to sixty eight clouds tomorrow in Park ninety three for the high again. Overnight low is sixty nine. Clouds remain and a mostly cloudy Sunday, but it does come. Keep your fingers crossed with a chance of showers and thunderstorms eighty five the high end sixty four. Now time for traffic from the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: The University of Cincinnenti Cancer Center is open, the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation.
Speaker 1: The future of cancer care is here.
Speaker 5: Call five one, three, five eight five U see see see northbound fourth seventy one cruise continue to work with an accident at Memorial. Everything but the far right hand side is balked off single file to get five back into.
Speaker 1: Southgate for an extra half hour.
Speaker 5: Inbound seventy four now slows from Montana and southbound seventy five heavy through Walkman Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five car ce these talk station speaking of bad guys with guns. It is that time of week where character So is a crime stopper, bad guy of the week. Welcome back to the fifty five CARSS Morning Show from the Cincini Police Department and God bless each and every one of them. Officer Lisa Baker with a crime stopper. Bad guy. Who are we looking for? Lisa? Happy Friday?
Speaker 13: By the way, Happy Friday. This is a bad guy, Samuel ilm Jordan. Third, he's wanted for two. He's wanted in a triple shoot. Yeah, two council felonious assault and one count of felony murder. This happened at the office bar in Coleraine Township. Samuel elm Jordan is a black male. He's forty two years old, five nine, two hundred and thirty six pounds. He frequents co Rand Township, but his last known address was on Bronson Street in Dayton, Ohio.
Speaker 1: We got to get the guns off the street for the bad guys. We got to get the bad guys with the guns off the street. If we have a tip that might lead police to find Samuel M Jordan. The third, what are we going to do? Lisa Baker?
Speaker 13: Give crime stoppers a call five one, three, three, five two thirty forty.
Speaker 1: Your remain anonymous. If you tip leads owners to be doing society a huge favor and you will be eligible for a cash reward. We got a picture up on my blog page, Lisa. I have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for again for all that you and the Cincinni Police Department do for our community each and every day. Some fifty one fifty five ks to the talk station. Over at the blog page and podcast page. You can also get a copy of the book. The author I interviewed yesterday. He's with the Israeli Defense Forces and he commented on these. Of course, October seventh is the subject of his book. As a matter of fact, the name of his book Captain Elkanna aka Kuno Cohen. Interesting conversation about the Israelis are going through right now. Let us see here real quick and going to the border, because of course we all know that's one of the biggest issues coming into November. And we have no idea where Kamala Harris is. Even though she was, the borders aren't and although she tries to duck and dodge her way out of that title that she held, we I know what happened under her watch, but it's actually worse. Ex San Diego Director San Diego Sector Chief Agent Aaron Heike, speaking with members of the House Homeland Over the Security Committee on Wednesday this week, talked about the cover up that was going on and he was forced to engage in. He repeatedly tried to They repeatedly tried to get into quiet the border wide crisis by shielding information from the press as well as concealing the reality of the dangerous migrants with terror ties who were coming across the border. Speaking of the panel, I had to release illegal aliens by the hundreds each day into the communities who could not support them. To quiet the problem. Two flights a week were provided from San Diego to Texas. These flights simply brought aliens that would have been released into San Diego over to Texas. He pointed out that each flight costs approximately one hundred and fifty thousand dollars and the point of it, he said, this was the administration's way of trying to quiet the border wide crisis. In other words, the realities of people living on the border and the border towns were becoming widespread. Oh my god, how in the hell is it that they can handle this mass flow of immigrants into the community. They had no place to shelter them. Cages. Remember Donald Trump's evil Donald Trump cages. Oh my god, children are in cages. Well, they couldn't have that optic floating around, now, could they. So what do they do? Fly him in the neighborhood near you? He pointed out also the they were barred from discussing what he described as an alarming spike in border crossings by special interest aliens. They call them sias. Those folks you qualify it with as an SIA if you're suspected opposing national security concerns based on the country of or in, or because you have ties to a terror group. Agent Hake said the San Diego sector averaged ten to fifteen of these SIA arrests per year, but that rose to over one hundred. Sia's encounter year twenty twenty two went over well over that in twenty twenty three. He said. Even more than that registered this year, and he pointed out emphasizing these are only the ones we caught, noting that there are more than one point seven million known gotaways and that doesn't include the list of unknown got aways. He said, at the time, I was told that I could not release any information on the increase on sia's or mention any of the arrests. The administration was trying to convince the public that there was no threat at the border. In other words, they lied to us by covering up information. As I stare at about four dozen articles relating to the foot dragging and ongoing refusal to cooperate with the investigations into the attempted assassination of Donald Trump, our own lettered agencies have been given requests for information by the Oversight committee looking into this. Even Democrats, some of them, are screaming about, wait a minute, what in the hell is going on here? Give us our damn information stonewalling. Well, it is an election here, isn't it, And like Kamala Harris, just give us a word sound tell us we're working on it. Tell us it's not possible for us to Can you get this request on on an expedited basis, We've got other things going on here, and keep the information. It'll come out eventually, I feel confident about that. But keep the information out of the public hands until we get past November. That's really the reality of I think what I'm seeing right here before my very eyes. Draw your own conclusions. I am jaded and cinecal when it comes to analyzing these things. Seven fifty five fifty five krc DE Talk Station Kenneth and Brahmowitz the book The Multifront War Defending America from Political Islam, China, Russia, pandemics and racial strife, all in one book. The author will join the program after the top of the our news. I sure hope you can stick around for that.
Speaker 9: The twenty twenty four election Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 7: I'm clapping.
Speaker 10: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: On fifty five krs. This report is sponsored by lows Load's your morning News. Gets me ready for the day and all day involved and check in throughout the day fifty five krs. The talk station is eight o five here fifty five KRCD talk Station. Very Happy Friday to you. Always love talking to book authors, especially when they have the subject matter as revealed on the title of this book by my next guest, Kenneth the Brahma Witz, The Multi Front War Defending America from Political Islam, China, Russia, pandemics and racial strife. There is a lot to unpack there, but of course that's what we're facing right now. An extensive and highly successful background in healthcare. He's currently managing general partner and co founder of Vengi and Capital, which is a four hundred and fifty million dollar worldwide healthcare venture capital fund. Also a staunch supporter and contribute to various organizations fighting to preserve liberty and protect Israel in America from political Islam and the radical left. Also, you probably heard him speak. He's chairman of Citizens for National Security, was a Florida based grassroots security advocacy organization. He gives one hundred speeches per year over the past five years. Welcome to the Morning Show, kenneth O Brahma Woods to talk about your book, The Multi Front War.
Speaker 11: Great, thank you very much for having me.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of unpacker on your background too, very impressive and I just want to spend more time on the book than talking about what your successful career is all about. But what prompted you to get engaged in and want to write this particular book. I think I can draw my own conclusions on that, but this is I mean, I'll talk about a disparate group of dangers we're facing, as revealed in your title.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm a.
Speaker 12: Business analyst in the healthcare field for the last forty five years, and I worked six stays a week on healthcare until.
Speaker 7: Nine to eleven.
Speaker 11: When nine to eleven occurred, we were all shocked, and I said to myself, I have to do something as an individual, and so I started devoting one day a week of my sixth to national security. Now twenty five years later, I spend three days a week on national security three days a week on healthcare. But it's the same type of analysis. I look at the whole healthcare field on the business side, and I look at all issues involving national security on my public service side, and so I do the two simultaneously. It's a little bit of a trick, but I enjoy doing everything that I do.
Speaker 1: I think the public is generally either lacking an awareness or chooses not to stay informed on the threats that we face. But something we talk about all the time on the fifty five case of the Morning Show, most notably every Friday, do we do it a show called tech Friday with our Dave Hatter as a computer expert. We are constantly under attack. Come from a computer hack the Iranians. That's what broke into the Trump campaign and stole their information and tried to hand it over to the Biden campaign. We have the most recent announcement by FBI Director Ray about the China embedding hundreds of thousands of Internet routers, and and and they're linked to all of our government link operations, and just one more in a long list of attacks. It's global. We're getting from all sides. Is there anything we can really legitimately do about this other than sort of I guess maintain heavy computer security.
Speaker 11: Well, everything's interrelated with everything. So there's three groups of bad guys who have declared war in America. Americans don't know that, but trust me, we're in worlds with now and we're fighting for our lives.
Speaker 7: So the.
Speaker 11: Three enemies I call COODE the Reds, the Greens, the Blues the reds of the communists, that's China, Russia, North Korea. The Greens are the inflements run in Qatar financing the Mods and Brotherhood. And the blues color coded blue for the United Nations color that's the the UN World Economic Forum and the drug cartels. Those three color coded groups of what I call criminal organizations or dictatorships have declared war on the democracies. So I call it World three. But it's different from World War one and two. World for one and two were kinetic wars that means things blow up and the war was over there. World War three, to quote the Beatles, is here, there and everywhere. So just because the map says that China's over there in irons, you know, over there some other place, doesn't mean they're not here. So the outside enemies are attacking us inside, not really physically. That they use seven different techniques to destroy our culture. They use physical war like World War two, they use a cultural war.
Speaker 12: That's words, use.
Speaker 11: Chemical, biological war, economic war, legal, demographic, and cyber. So if you look at three bad guys or groups of bad guys and they use the seventh forms for warfare, and you're multiply three times seven, we're actually fighting twenty one mini wars in World War three. And that's why it's so confusing.
Speaker 1: Well, I've linked the division in this country, and you named quite a few of them, like, for example, the cultural war. I always feel that that is being waged by outside forces. They can fund organizations that sow the seeds of division, they can get them out in the street by paying them do so, and they attack what has been what our social norms are I mean, the idea that we're supposed to call a singular human being by a pronoun they, to me, is a psychological problem. You should seek counseling if you think you're a multiple entity, because they suggest more than one thing. It's them, it's people, it's multiples. So I mean that and of itself turns society on its head, and we're struggling with having to deal with this. I can't imagine a majority of Americans are even close to anything, but a very small fraction of the country really truly believes that's a good thing. And yet we are inundata with that message and told that no, no, no, you must do it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're getting to a very important point. Every time there's something nonsensical going on in society, which is like every hour, by the way, every time any of your listeners, anytime I hear something that's nonsense, I say, wait a minute. Americans are too smart to have created this nonsense. Which of our foreign enemies, reds, Greens, and blues created this nonsense and then injected it into our society through their agents direct or indirect to create chaos in the country. So you just picked one of many, many, many issues that's creating chaos. But it's not American chaos. It's not American induced chaos. It's foreign induced chaos that's been injected into our society and we're suffering from this onslaught of a nonsense, purposely nonsensical ideas from our foreign enemies.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to throw into the category also when you mentioned green, now that you're gonna talk about the wok ideology, that is, this whole idea that climate change is somehow man made and we need to do everything we can do eliminate carbon dioxide, which is plant food from our world. We are exhaling every single day. So I guess we're the problem. But that has directly impacted the security the United States of America. We don't have our own fuel sources. We won't drill, we won't be prepared, we've drained the strategic petroylum oil reserve, all in the name of what green. I think this is a war that's being waged on us to keep us weak because we can't generate our own power.
Speaker 11: So here's another good example. So when something nonsensical like that happens, I say to myself and whose interest is it of our foreign enemies to inject this nonsense into our society and outlome Russia. Now, by the way, I have no proof of this, Okay, I don't have foreign agents working for myself. I just say to myself, Russia wants to weaken our energy creation ability. They want to get the price of oil and natural gas up so that they can sell it at a higher price around the world. So I say to myself, climate change. The Russian KGB now called FSB fingerprints are.
Speaker 12: All over the place.
Speaker 11: And and so that's another good example of what I would call a foreign induced idea to destroy America.
Speaker 1: Well, that also directly correlates with the idea and the concept of maybe a physical war. China also benefits from our weakness along those lines, and by by you know, forcing us and and and and inducing us into these crazy ideas and concepts. They benefit because they don't play the same game. They still burn coil, they still consume they still burn coal, they still consume vast quantities of oil, They pollute more than anybody else, along with India. But that they have an advantage by pushing the this agenda behind the scenes, because it weakens us.
Speaker 11: That's right. Yeah, we're supposed to reduce our emissions, which we were doing, by the way, at a very nice rate. Whereas they're producing all the carbon emissions they can, they're ignoring all the rules of the game. But I'll give you another example. You had talked about the military DEI diversity, equity inclusion. That's racist nonsense to get us to destroy our meritocracy. People should get promoted because they deserve to be promoted because they did a good job.
Speaker 12: I don't care what flavor of person you are.
Speaker 11: Has nothing to do with anything. Questions can you do the job, and can you do the job better than somebody? And we need a promotion, and you're getting the promotion because of your abilities. So they're purposely injected. The Chinese purposely injected DEI nonsense into our military so that our military doesn't promote the best people, and we have a we're moving to a mediocracy instead of a meritocracy in our military. So again I look at Russian and Chinese cutar prints all over the place.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's also the other area of the war demographic, and I turned to our well borders collectively because they're all wide open. This has dramatically changed the landscape of the American population. And we can use Springfield, Ohio as an example. We have a population of fifty eight thousand getting twenty thousand Haitian immigrants over a very short period of time. I do not have any concept of how any community can manage that.
Speaker 11: Okay, this is another foreign induced nonsensical idea. Basically, all of our enemies, the reds, of the Greens and the Blues, injecting this nonsense into the Democrat Party so that they have open borders, so that our enemies can invade the country and then destroy our culture and then destroy us. Basically, so another example of a foreign induced idea adopted by the Democrat already to destroy the country.
Speaker 1: A guest today, Kenathy Brahma Wiz, author of the Multi Front War, Defending America for Political Islam, trying Russia, pandemics, and racial strife. All Right, we've identified a handful of We could probably go on for hours and hours, sir, but what can we do about it? You know, the Republicans may try to, you know, plug up the border holes and put up a wall and stop the influx of humanity. That's a goal that can be accomplished, but it's only one solution. We need a lot more. So what are your recommendations for us, the American people?
Speaker 11: Well, remember I said we're fighting twenty one mini wars in World War Three. Remember three bad guys, Red, Green, and Blue, and seven forms of warfare. In other words, mult supply three times seven. There's twenty one mini wars, so we need twenty one mini strategies. It's not complicated for each of the twenty one many wars. There is a logical strategy that can be implemented in one month to to act each of the twenty one fronts or many fronts that we have. But you need management. You need, as we say in business, you need adult supervision. Right now, we have a country run by children and we need to bring in the adults.
Speaker 1: Well, you can call. I didn't call and talk to you looking for an argument. Clearly, I guess. The other component of the physical war part is if you look at the situation between Russia and Ukraine, it is pushing these otherwise separate entities China, Russia and North Korea Iran. They are being pushed together to join, in essence, joined forces that didn't this relationship didn't exist, or at least wasn't a very strong one prior to these situation deteriorating in the Middle East. But it's growing and they're getting closer and closer together. That's a very big concern for me.
Speaker 11: Yes, and we're fighting three physical wars simultaneously. We don't know that, but we are. So we're helping US support Ukraine fight Russia. We're helping us support Israel fighter run all of its proxy of five hundred thousand worldwide terraces. And we're we're helping Taiwan not fight, but almost fight China. So we're we're fighting. That's on the kinetic side. We're fighting three uh two major wars and one incipient war, and so you need more. We need more bombs, we need we need more soldiers, we need more everything to fight on the physical front while we're simultaneously fighting on all the other.
Speaker 12: Fronts with other forms.
Speaker 1: I guess they're gonna have to get rid of the de I in America's military because that is a huge impediment to a voluntary military. And we all know the numbers of recruits are down, and they're way down, and we can't fight a physical war without soldiers.
Speaker 10: You got it.
Speaker 11: That's exactly true.
Speaker 1: That's a quick fix too, isn't it, Matthew Kenneth. Anyway, your book is.
Speaker 11: As complicated as everything is. There's quick fixes for each of the twenty one challenges that we have, and it's all in my book The Multifront War, where I monitored all of these different challenges and came up to solutions for all of them real quick.
Speaker 1: Here, you just prompted me to think of something else to ask you before we part company here today, Kenneth, do you many elected officials are against any of the reforms that you suggest, like, for example, closing the border? Are they are they in league with either? Are they nefarious or stupid? Maybe that's a better way of phrasing the question.
Speaker 11: By the way, I ask myself the same thing. When you have a public official that does something dumb, I say, are they doing this because they're dumb and naive? Or are they doing it because they're smart and evil? So it's a combination of the two. But in general, for our political enemies, roughly half the country, ten percent of them are smart and evil, ninety percent are stupid and useful idiots.
Speaker 1: Yes, I knew that was coming useful idiots concept widely known to my listening audience. Kenneth A. Rama. WIT's wonderful talking with you. Thanks for writing the book, which my listeners can get on my blog pages a link right there, The Multifront War Defending America from Political Islam, China, Russia, pandemics and racial strife. Kenneth Ramowitz, it's been a pleasure speaking with you today. Keep up the great work, my friend.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much in mishall. Also look at my website. Oh yeah, yeah, the West dot Com dot com. I write an article every two weeks. As soon as they say sign up, they get the article as a public service.
Speaker 1: I'm remissing some my obligation as a host because I'm staring at the page as we were talking. So yes, savethe West dot Com. I hope we get to talk again. Kennethy, It's been really a pleasure today.
Speaker 11: Whenever you want nice talking to you today, take.
Speaker 1: Care a twenty right now, think about kc Detalk station. Phone lines open if you care to call make a comment. I'd love to hear from We've got a lot of topics to get through between now and the end of the show. But first of course a word for Colin Electric. My friend Andrew Cullen has got a fantastic it's the team of electricians. You'll be impressed. I have been many many projects Color Electrics done for me over the years, or my wife and me, and they always do great electric work. The price is always right. They're very very great at customer service, very respectful of your home. Project will be done like a well oil machine, and they will leave you with a ten year wiring warranty on anything they're doing for you, from the smallest project to the largest, anything in between. Cullen are the folks with the right connections. So call Colin Electric at five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two A plus with a better business bureau Online. You'll find them at Cullen c U L E N. Colin Electric Cincinnati dot com fifty five KRC. We're just hours away from our twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: I heard.
Speaker 1: Time for a nine first on the Forecast's gonna be hot today, sunny skies ninety three for the high. Overnight low is sixty eight, partly cloudy skies and'll be partly cloud tomorrow as well. Ninety three again overnight sixty nine clouds and a cloudy Sunday, but it comes along with a hopeful chance of shower and thunderstorms. Meet that rain will be high eighty five. Then right now it's sixty five. Time for traffic from the U see how traffic center.
Speaker 5: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center has up been the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation.
Speaker 1: The future of cancer care is here called five one three, five eighty five.
Speaker 5: U see su see sapbound seventy one slow from the later up to an accident near taff where the right plane is blocked off and if the late times have dropped of it that they gave you back that right center lane rex clear northbound fourth seventy one up Memorials.
Speaker 1: The traffic still heaving into town.
Speaker 5: There's an accident on fifth and Broadway camber in fifty five krze the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey twenty eight fifty five Karosene he talk station. Hope you're having a great day. Hope you have a great weekend too. I'm celebrating my fifty ninth birthday. At the end of my fifties is fast approaching, and it's gotta cut me down just a little bit. But you know, BEATSAPA beats the alternative, I presume. Over to the phones, we go five on three, seven, eight hundred and eighty two to three. Talk were well, get the local stories and talk to Sue. Sue, thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 14: Well, good morning, happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Right back at you.
Speaker 14: So I am a veteran. My husband's a veteran, my niece, my nephew, my brother. We have a lot of veterans in my family and some active duty still. And in light of Kamala's comment at the debate about no active duty serving in war zones and Tim Walls's bs about serving in a forward area, I drive past this sign every day in Oxford and it's a vets for Harris in their yard. And I mean most of the time, yes, everyone, they're signs. It's okay, But I swear I want to get out of my car and go up there and pound them over the.
Speaker 11: Head with it and say how could you?
Speaker 12: I know, I know, what is why with you?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: You know the quick answer to the pops into my head is, you know, thank God for you serving our country, and thanks for them for serving our country, assuming they actually did but just because you served our country doesn't mean you're smart. You pay attention, you understand how point A gets the point being on forward, and that you know, voting for Kamala Harris is not in your best interest for a number of reasons, not the least of which is certainly not going to benefit America's military. You know, I mean, they are ignorant people everywhere, and I don't know how else to address that, but it seems so contradictory for an American veteran to be a Democrat. They're not in favor of freedoms. They want to curtail them. They want to regulate us out of existence. They're causing our energy prices to go up, and just go on for hours and hours and hours about how harmful they are, and of course that was the subject matter the author's book. I just got done talking with Sue. You know, it's.
Speaker 14: Man, it's frustrating. I tell you, I actually live in Indiana, and I work and do a lot of my things in Oxford and everywhere I go outside of this bubble, it's nothing but Trump advance. But you come into Oxford and it's just a haven.
Speaker 1: Well it is a college community too, we all know how those young people tend to lean from the left. He who is not from a youth from the left as a youth is not has no heart. He who's not from the right as an adult has no brain. Old adage. It's solid as it was one hundred and fifty two hundred years ago.
Speaker 14: So it's just a scary thing about education though it is.
Speaker 1: So just to counter it just a little bit, try living in Chicago for eight years like I did. You want to feel like a fish out of water on island in your own community.
Speaker 12: It's you can a military base up there too, then you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 1: God bless you and thank you and every member of your family and everybody else who served our country. It means the world to me that you did that. So appreciate you. Tell Colin in this morning as well. Folks you want to call in, you can't seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T Funds. Interesting story this one out of Kentucky. They have a sheriff that's been charged with murder. This made national news. Charged with the murder of a local district court judge. Kentucky State Police reported at about three o'clock yesterday afternoon got a nine to one one call from the Letcher County Courthouse regarding shots being fired from inside the building. Law enforcement agencies and emergency services showed up and they located District Judge Kevin Mullins, who underscore was fifty four and multiple gunshot wounds and obviously life saving measures were unsuccessful. Give when I phrase that so? Uh? Mullins was pronounced dead on the scene by the Electric County Corner's Office. Kentucky State Police's plminary investigation indicates that Elector County Sheriff Sean Mickey Steins shot Mullins following an argument inside the courthouse. Stein's taken the custody at the scene and without incident. It's been charged with one kind of first degree murder. Wow Stein's elected sheriff Elector County in twenty eighteen, re elected in twenty twenty two. Attorney General Russell Coleman announced that his office will collaborate with a Commonwealth's Attorney for the twenty seventh Judicial Circuit, Jackie Steele, as a special prosecutor in the case. Call or called me this morning because they don't explain why or what argument led to this, and there's a rumor around that town that this is the suggestion from the listener. I'm just telling you what I was told he heard because he's his I guess brother's friends with someone in the courthouse or maybe even the sheriff. The sheriff was a little upset about his seventeen year old daughter maybe having a relationship with the late judge, in which case I think I might understand that on some level, but don't take the law in your own hands like that. And I'm sure the sheriff knows it. Maybe a little bit emotional though, since I Metro Area, this is rather interesting coming from the Cincinna acquires Randy Tucker Sin say Metro Era could add more than six hundred thousand new residents over the next twenty five years, but the area will have to see a sharp uptick in ready immigration and more young college educated workers deciding to stay put to achieve that, what he calls lofty goal. Court to the sincin a USA Regional Chambers twenty twenty four State of the Region report released earlier this week. The report, for the first time, they say for forecast population growth by the county in the fifteen county metro area, outlining the macroeconomic trends driving or undermining the projections following under three scenario baseline baseline projection showing the population growth by county understatus quo conditions, They have a low growth projection the negative implications for regulatory land use, trade, immigration, and other policies, and then a high growth which projection showing what each county's future might look like under policies that encourage immigration, tourism, and higher quality of life for residents und that forecast. The high growth forecast, the region as a whole would add six hundred and twelve thousand new residents by twenty fifty, with Hamilton County leading the way with a game of one hundred and forty three thousand. Warren and Butler would see the next biggest gains one hundred and thirty eight thousand plus and one hundred and sixteen almost one hundred and seventeen thousand, respectively, the other baseline projection than low growth projections as well. The Chamber report shows the most Cincinnati area immigrants are from number one India, sixteen thousand, Mexico, ten thousand, five hundred China and just under ten thousand. Guatemala had almost six thousand, Philippines at about four thirty four hundred, Vietnam thirty two hundred, Canada thirty one hundred, United Kingdom twenty six hundred, Bootan twenty four hundred, in Japan twenty two hundred. So just going back to my conversation earlier this morning with Jonathan Pearson running for a county commissioner against the leisurees. Of course Hamilton Countanese become a more welcoming environment for businesses generally, and there are ways to go about that. We need to lower the cost of doing business in Hamilton County eight thirty six. If you have CACD talk station, feel free to call. Otherwise I'll go a different direction. I don't know which direction yet. I'll figure that out in a moment. Because first I want to mention my friend Suzette Low's Camp. You want somebody that knows mortgages like the back of her hand, that's Suseette Lows Camp. She's been in the mortgage business more than thirty five years. One time I say that I can't believe because I know Suseette really well, she just doesn't. She can't be old enough to have thirty five years experience. What I do know if that's Susette, is that she's with Cross Country Mortgage, which means any state in the Union. She can help you get a mortgage or deal with mortgage related issues like you know, getting equity out of your home, first time buyer issues like my daughter. She worked with Suzette my daughter. It got financing and locked in that whole situation. I think it was like just two days. She's very efficient at what she does. She never charges a junk fear and application fee. It's always great rates at the low cost. And I will tell you there's not a possibility that someone in the mortgage business could be better at customer Sorry, you can call her right now. She'll get back with you very quickly. She's great about that. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Shoot her emails should get right back on that as well. She's that dot Low's camp. Los Ekamp is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com. Fifty five KRC your idea for first forty one to four cast says hot.
Speaker 7: That's about what it says.
Speaker 1: Literally ninety three degrees under sunny skies. That's hot to me anyway. Overnight low sixty eight with some clouds, ninety three with partly cloudy skies. Tomorrow down to sixty nine overnight clouds and a mostly cloudy Sunday. Fingers crossed for the possible showers and thunderstorms. High eighty five. Then right now it's sixty five. Hyper Traffic from the UCL Tranfic Center.
Speaker 5: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is open, the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer cares here called five one three five eighty five u SECC.
Speaker 1: Cruise continue to work with the recks.
Speaker 5: I've found seventy one near tamp Traffic heavy from the lateral over a fifteen minute delay. North four seventy one continues to improve after problems earlier at Memorial. That's a wreck downtown at Fifth and Broadway. Chuck Ingram on fifty five k see the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's eight forty here, fifty five krc DE talk station. Friday. I dearly love Fridays. I do love when people call it too. We're going to go straight to the phones. I got Jim on the line with a comment, Jim, thanks for calling this morning, and happy Friday to.
Speaker 15: You here, Moring Grin, Happy Friday, thanks brother. I I just can't believe that people Hamilton County and the idiots that they elected are that's stupid to spend twice as much on upgrades to this stupid stadium as they paid for the thing in the first place.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 12: I think Mike Brown and all his people.
Speaker 15: Ought to be running around town in stocking mass because there are a bunch of fees.
Speaker 12: There's no way that there's no way that people should be paying for this crap quid.
Speaker 1: Pulling your punches, Jim, tell us how you really feel. I'm with you, brother, I am with you all day long on that I looked at when I first saw the report on this upgrade. We're talking upgrades here, people, one point two five billion with a bee that we are going to be on the hook for probably half of at least, I mean, under the terms of conditions of the original lease agreement, which is still operating, we could even be on the hook for more than that. Although I understand the Brown family realizes it's a big ask for the taxpayers under these difficult, troubled economic times we find ourselves in to have them us pay all that money for the upgrades. And what are you getting a new business office and an upgrade to the practice field. I mean, is that even part of the statement. I talked about that with Jason Williams the other day, the sports writer for the SINS. I inquire, and you know, Jason's like, wait a second, We're supposed to pay for stadium upgrades, not the practice field and building a new office building for the Brown family and the people who run the Bengals. I mean, come on, anyway, Jim, thank you for setting me off. I'm with you all day long on that. It's terrible ask. Couldn't come in a worse time. All struggling mightily with our finances. Eddie how provided to me an opportunity talking about stupid and the things that cost a lot of money. Get a load of this, and everybody knows I'm no ev fan.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 1: I never want to own one, and the only way I'll ever own one unless they regulate the internal combustion engine out of existence by criminalizing the ownership of it, and which they may very well do someday. But EV's obviously come with consequences. One of the things we learned about EV's is they are actually big polluters. Why well, because they go through tires a lot more quickly than a regular car. The weight of the EV, the amount of torque, which is amazing. I will give props all day long for the performance of EV vehicles in terms of zero to sixty and the amount of torque they they unleash because it's instantaneous. It's that, you know, the torque is what's that you know, the bottom of the the bottom of the seat field where you shoved back into the into the driver's seat. Because of the acceleration, well, causes the tires to burn up a lot more quickly, which is more pollution. And of course tires last time I checked, made out of petroleum products. But it goes beyond that. It goes beyond the pollution and the tearing up of the globe to extract the necessary minerals that go to the batteries, the manufacturing process which belches out all kinds of pollution, the shipping costs which belch out all kinds of pollution.
Speaker 3: We go on and on and on and on.
Speaker 7: And on.
Speaker 1: I find out there's a new study out because they weighed so much. Researchers from the University's University of let Us see here Nebraska, Lincoln. They have a Midwest roadside safety facility there. There's a problem in a study sponsored by the US Army Engineer Research and Development Center, done by this the department of the university. They conducted what they're calling a first of its kind crash test of an Evy pickup into a guardrail, you know this concrete guardrails that divide the highways. Those test used a seven forty eight Rivian R one T truck that's a twenty twenty two calendar year truck model year that they drove into a barrier, those common barriers we all drive by at a speed of sixty miles per hour, which of course is a natural highway speed. They show the ev completely blasting through the guard rail and launching over the concrete wall, sending chunks of it flying cord to the report. R one t's immense weight largely attributed to its one hundred and thirty five kilowatt battery pack, which brings the vehicles way to a ton more two thousand pounds more than f ford F one fifty super cab cord to one of the study directors, there is some urgency to address this issue as the percentage of evs on the road increase, of the proportion of runoff road crash involving evs will increase in well increase as well. Even though the impact of the concrete block did bring the pickup truck to a halt, it was only after several of the five thousand pound barriers were pushed back ten feet, which is fifty percent more than a average truck would have done it. They said the safety barriers and guardrails are typically used testing the vehicles weigh themselves between twenty four hundred and five thousand pounds, of course, significantly lighter than EV's which weigh twenty percent to fifty percent more than gas powered cars. And they pointed out that EV runoff road rates or is just as average as the regular car. So the more evs on the road, the more of these situations we're going to have out there unfolding on our roads, obviously presenting a massive danger. So they conclude, quote it's going to be necessary to re examine the designs of roadside barriers even beyond evs. It's a critical and timely need. So add that to the list of stuff and things we need to do in orduke we'll reach zero exhalation, which is a lie in and of itself, given the manufacturing process of the electric vehicles. Also note a growing number of those vehicles being made in China, where they don't have any pollution restrictions. So while we cut our throats and try to not exhale, they're busily producing more carbon than we take out of the environment following these crazy regulations. What is the point of this exercise? Maybe I'll go back to Kenneth the Brahmowitz book and his point that man, maybe ten percent of our elected officials are actually in bed with our enemies the multi front war defending America from political Islam, China, Russia, pandemics, and racial strife. One of the weapons those groups use against US is having us chase our tail to achieve zero emissions. Ten percent of our elected officials are in league with those folks. The other ninety percent who push for this he described as I would useful idiots eight forty seven to fifty five KRC the talk station. Jeff, Now I'm going to mention you because Jeff took my advice and he reached out to COVER since he Jeff is a business owner. And he sent me an email the other day because Cover, since he did a complete analysis of each one of his employees and he has found out that he is going to save a heap load of money. And he wrote me yesterday said, I feel kind of bad that I never investigated the Cover since the earlier I could have saved my employees some serious money even earlier, had I gotten off my bottom and got this rolling a long time ago. He finally did it. He made the call to Cover since he and now he is a happy man saving thousands and thousands of dollars. He's going to have infinitely happier employees because they're going to have better medical insurance for less money. That's what Covers since he is all about. They work with hundreds of insurance companies thousands of policies. They create a package of insurance policies that cover things like, you know, dollar one coverage for your regular visits to the doctor and things one hundred percent coverage for hospital visits, emergency serves. All that it's an individual analysis. They take the time to work with every single employee, and you're all going to be happy. Initiate the conversation. It doesn't cost you anything and there's no obligation to talk to them.
Speaker 7: It's five.
Speaker 1: It's five one three eight hundred two two five five five one three eight hundred call learn more about cover Sincy and fill out the form online to get the process started. It's Coversinc. Dot Com. Fifty five KRC Men. If you're suffering from a rectitle dysfunction or pe proactive Men's Medical Center, We'll get your sex life back.
Speaker 7: In just.
Speaker 1: Eight fifty one fifty five KR detalk station, Happy Friday jokes, geez rest, clue phonec wonderful world in the If you have a wonderful weekend and I can over to fifty five KRC dot com or get your iHeart Medium stick benstream the audio wherever you happen to be. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. This morning, Ford seeking the patent listening devices for inside their cars so they are listening to you while you're driving around for the purposes of feeding you ads. Dave, I'm never going to buy a Ford marketing firm, apparently using your cell phone microphone to spin. In your conversation, you had some great recommendations how to protect yourself from doing that. Basically, don't allow your apps to have permission to use your microphone. If they don't have permission to use your microphone, apparently they can't use it. And on one of the breaks. Since then, I found out how to do that on my phone. If you go to settings and then you look at your applications, each application will be listed there. Click on any given app and then they'll tell you where your permissions are, what permissions that app has. And because I've taken Dave Hatter's advice and I have very few apps in my phone. None of them with the exception of one which I allow it to have because I need it to for function, none of them have permission to use my microphone. So there's a little helpful hint from Dave Hatter. We also talked about cryptocurrent and see scams and yes they're out there. So podcast that Jonathan Pearson was on. He's a candidate for commissioner here in Hamilton County runn up against Alesia Reese. Sounds like a good guy. I know he's got the Republican Party endorsement. So here what Jonathan had to say, and of course Charles tasseled with the gun buy back this weekend. It's taking place on Saturday, and it's an important event. If you know where one of those community guns is what they call them are those are the ones that they share. You know, the bad guys get a hold of a gun, they hide at someplace, they use it, they put it back in the place so everybody else in the community can use it. If you know where one of those is, great opportunity to turn that firearm in, or any other firearm or ammunition you've got. They'll take it all. That's what it's all about. Just get them off the street and you don't have to worry about it. No information we've taken down. You'll basically remain anonymous. Nobody's gonna charge you with bringing in a stolen firearm. And it's really important timing for this one. As Charles pointed out, there was those gun store break ins and more than one hundred guns were stolen. Now the youth it was a bunch of youths stole the guns. They were arrested, but apparently they sold them or got rid of them before they were arrested. So there's one hundred didittional guns out in the world, and many of them, apparently I guess, had their serial numbers filed off. I don't know, the point being it's Saturday between ten am and one pm. Prospect Place, six thirteen Prospect Place in Cincinnati. The details are on my blog page for Drivecarresey dot com and get yourself a copy of Kenneth Abramowitz's book, The Multifront War Defending America from Political Islam, China, Russia, Pandemic's racial strife and also Votes Smart Again.
Speaker 7: You know this.
Speaker 1: Kenneth concludes that I have for years. There are elected officials that have no interest in preserving the freedoms and liberties we have here in the United States of America. Those are the nefarious actors that are out there. But as he pointed out, those nefarious actors exist outside the United States. They are everywhere our foes loves during the pot of division along multiple lines, and he did a great job of break done the three primary foes as well as these seven different battles that are currently being waged, and only one category is a physical war battle. The balance of them are in other areas like cultural divisions and sewing them to deceive the division across all wines, and a lot of our elected officials embrace the division that those crazy ideas bring about. Those are either nefarious people or stupid people. Anyway, the books right there, fifty five KC dot com get try I hurt me the app while you're over there, and you can listen wherever you happen to be at any time of day. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I am celebrating my birthday tomorrow. I'm not happy about turning forty of fifty nine, but next year's probably gonna be worse. Oh well, time marches on. Joe Track, our executi producer of the program, thank you very much for everything you do for the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Really appreciate you and couldn't do the show without you, as everybody knows. I hope you have a wonderful day, wonderful weekends. Stick around Glenbex coming right up here about it. The United States will not be today.
Speaker 7: Hey, migrants camp.
Speaker 9: Get the latest at the top of the hour fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report