Speaker 1: Man, I was full of outrage this weekend when I saw the Cowboys announce in the news Dump Faction on Friday night, straight up news Dump that Brian Schottenheimer is going to be their next coach.
Speaker 2: I hated it so much. And it's not even personal against him.
Speaker 1: I know we'll get into it on today's show, but it just to me shows that they just did not have a plan, because clearly all season long, Jerry acts like, well, first of all, I'm sending McCarthy out there in the last year of his contract, walking the plank. Then he acts upset with the job he's doing, and so you're like, Okay, he's going to make a change. Then he hugs him after they win a couple of meaningless games, and maybe he told him he's coming back. So you get to the off season you're like, I don't know, is he going to keep him? Oh, he won't let the Bears interview McCarthy. He's going to keep him, And then can't keep him. And then instead of going out and interviewing all the legit candidates that all the other teams are looking at, which he had already missed the opportunity to interview quite a few of those.
Speaker 2: They then bring in Shottenheimer.
Speaker 1: Just because his cubicle was the closest to McCarthy's empty office.
Speaker 3: I don't know what audio KT is or isn't bringing to the show later from the press conference, but I did hear a clip in which Jerry basically described Schottenheimer as a snow globe that Mike McCarthy left behind.
Speaker 2: When he emptied his desk.
Speaker 3: Well, and one good thing Mike did is he left a Shottenheimer.
Speaker 2: And then I'm crying again. It's not acting. I cry for time of talk.
Speaker 3: So it's so exhausting. I'm so tired of it. It all sucks. It's exhausting. It's the same thing over and over and over. And the only thing different now is Steven's got strange glasses on. That's the only thing that's different about it. Just put another he had a laugh just like that today.
Speaker 2: Did you hear it him?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 2: It's just it's just exhausting.
Speaker 1: I had no interest in watching it, didn't care anything about it. I mean, I want to got you covered. Yes that I knew that Kat would have the highlights and fat like. Please understand, I don't dislike Jerry. I'm not saying that at all.
Speaker 3: He's just full of crap and it's gross and exhausting, and I'm tired of it because I like the team that he owns like it's not personal, like I don't like Jerry. I like Jerry Fine, he just sucks at this and he gets up there and he's full of crap and it's the same thing over and over and over, and I think he thinks that we're buying it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, everybody hates you for this.
Speaker 3: You're a likable guy that everybody hates because of this thing that you do, and it sucks and it's exhausting, and I'm tired.
Speaker 1: He wanted something that was familiar, something that was convenient, somebody he could puppet, and probably someone he could save money on in underpay. And not one other team in the NFL was considering Schottenheimer for a head coaching position.
Speaker 2: No, no, you yall, what's a background on Brian?
Speaker 5: Because I will say I put a tweet out this week that was, like, you know, I kind of hope Brian Schottenheimer doesn't have social media because Brian Schottenheimer is just a guy who's just coaching Shoty And then he get this job and then everyone's like this guy sucks without even like knowing him. Mike, So I was like, Okay, it's very important let's find out the background of this feller because I'm sure he's a nice guy. He's always sounded like a nice guy in interviews. We know the connection to Marty, his father. Two thousand and one, he was the quarterbacks coach for the Washington Redskins. At the time, I can say it now, that's racist. Twenty eighth ranked offense. That was good enough to get him a promotion to the San Diego Chargers to be their quarterback coach. Two thousand and two thousand and five the only years of Drew Brees's.
Speaker 2: Career where he wasn't performing at a Hall of Fame level. Uh, he was a young player.
Speaker 5: Two thousand and six twenty eleven. He was the offensive coordinator for the Mark Sanchez Jets.
Speaker 2: In most of those years.
Speaker 3: Back to back AFC Championship game is Kevin Waste some of the NFL's best defense with a terrible offense rams offensive coordinator twenty twelve to twenty fourteen, they were twenty fifth, twenty first, twenty first.
Speaker 5: On offense Georgia. He was the offensive coordinator in twenty fifteen and went to college. Talked to a Georgia fan this week, He's like he got Mark ricked fired. Mark Rick had been there for a long time. They had the eighty fifth offense in the nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I have two of my best friends are big time Georgia guys, and they thought he's one of the worst things that ever happened to Georgia, that he was so boring and predictable, and the offense sucked with him.
Speaker 5: Indianapolis Colts twenty sixteen twenty seventeen, thirtieth in offense. Seahawks eighteen through twenty. Now, that's where it gets tricky, because they did have some good offenses, and he and Pete Carroll were in a power struggle. The story that I've gotten from most of like my Seattle Seahawks followers, is that it was more Pete's vault. Pete wanted to run, Schottenheimer was actually trying to open it up or whatever. I'm sorry you have Seahawks followers, Yeah, plenty interesting they did big Seahawks guy, yep, uh not just fall these football people, you know. And then the Jaguars thirty second in offense with Trevor Lawrence in twenty twenty one. Widespread dysfunction that year. No, he comes here as a consultant because he couldn't keep an actual coaching job in the NFL as a consultant in twenty twenty two, and then gets promoted to OC in twenty three twenty four, So there you go. Daka likes him. Dak probably doesn't want to learn a new offense. He didn't say one thing that I'll play for a little bit later. That did give me a little hope. But this is not good, dude. They could have whatever you think about Cliff Kingsbury. He could have came in for an interview this week. You could still get Kellen. And I know Cowboys fans don't like him, but I think if you just lined it up and said this guy or this guy, you'd pick Kellen, and you'd pick Cliff, and you'd probably pick McCarthy.
Speaker 2: And I'm saying that I would have kept McCarthy. Jerry Bragg doesn't like McCarthy at all.
Speaker 3: Jerry Bragg that he's never been a head coach at the age of fifty one.
Speaker 2: Jerry brad about that.
Speaker 5: Jerry also said I don't want to make this about me and answered the second question of the press conference for ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did see so I did see him say people are talking about me saying I'm not willing to get outside my comfort zone. He goes, well, I'm hiring a guy that has no coaching experience. That makes me very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Like wait, what so smart? What? I don't understand smart? It's not good, man, it's good. This is gonna be bad. This is campbo.
Speaker 5: This is all these things that we've seen before, and it's just in reverse because they're behind. They're behind the game. They have been forever. They've always been five or ten years behind. And they're going to try to compare him to a first time head coach, a young Steven used the word a young offensive wizard. But he's also got the experience, And I'm like, no, that's not the point. Yeah, no, Steven said, we got the young offensive mind that also has experience. That's what Steven said at the press conference while wearing strange new glasses.
Speaker 2: I know I need to see those glasses. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I seening to one of my favorite podcasts over the weekend. I was trying to get as much information about this as I could, and it sounded better than it ever has. It's called the one star no one star Cowboys podcast. Well it's got my shot on it, all right. I think I cream. But it sounded better than it's ever sounded. And I don't know why. There were something great. It sounded great. I just listened to the podcast for the graphic. Why weren't you on the podcast? Because this is major news. You're on a great cowboys podcast, arguably the best.
Speaker 2: Everyone's saying it. Why weren't you on it? I swat in town? What were you doing? I'm I kind of thought this would have been wrapped up by now. Did you go hat shopping in Vegas? I? Did you go hat shopping in Vegas? I like your hat. I had a good time. That's a great looking I had a great time. Guys. What's on your hand? You ever gone? I think it's a hat?
Speaker 5: What's it say?
Speaker 2: Do you see it? Christina? I do see it?
Speaker 6: I complimented it.
Speaker 2: Describe it?
Speaker 6: Yes? Oh I'm sorry. Well it says the killers and it looks like a neon light basically, and then it has two dice right there to die?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why it looks like the is pooping those die out. That's all right with me. Uh. I just like that. Vegas is cool.
Speaker 5: And I got to go uh yeah for the weekend to see the Killers celebrate the Game Murder trilogy album. Yep, Hot Fuss. It was the twenty year anniversary of Hot Fuss. And it was one of those weekends you know where you sometimes you go and like you're like, oh, well, I'm supposed to be here. And I think it happened a couple times, had a couple of moments I was like, I'm supposed to supposed to be in this town right now.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: And I think it was when I tried to go down to Fremont Street and all the streets were blocked off because of a huge Trump rally that was happening. That was insane. I've never seen so many people on both sides. We had people in each other's face, pointing at each other. She had protesters too, and I didn't know. And the uber driver's like, oh no, I can't turn here. And I was like, oh, what's going on? And he's like, Trump is in town, that's what he said. And I was like, Okay, well that's great.
Speaker 2: What was that weird? Was that Georgian? What was that accent? What was that accent?
Speaker 5: The cab driver's name, Uh huh, that's his name, His name Larry something.
Speaker 2: Okay, remind me of the Simpsons. Oh really, which character Homer? One of the convenience store ones.
Speaker 6: Trump was in Vegas. I didn't even know who's.
Speaker 2: In Vegas this weekend? Neither, but the streets were he was?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 2: Was he? Yeah? He was? And I happened to be across the street. Really did you say hi? I didn't know.
Speaker 5: No, but there was a lot of protesting going on, and there were a lot of people decked out in their gear of their choice.
Speaker 2: Did you storm the casino?
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna sit there and watch. No, I know, ex it was so blocked off with it was very militant. So they said he shut down the airport in Vegas on Saturday, and I was like, way, well, first of all, I that's just about any president, Like why are you landing at the actual airport. Don't you have a special Well usually no, usually.
Speaker 3: Though there's there's there will be private airspaces at a big, giant air.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay, but what so if if Biden was in town with that shut down d f W airport for three hours.
Speaker 2: No, that's a hey, everybody, this like number.
Speaker 5: One job to like convenience the people. Yeah, I don't delay their flight for three hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not, you know, going through the screening and waiting in line, putting his wallet, taking his shoes off.
Speaker 2: He goes full Dale Hansen to starts destroying the airline. It's crazy. So there's this a burger place that I wanted to go to. Oh I didn't want to go to. Who's her idea? Actually?
Speaker 5: And she found it for me. I was like, this is great. It looked wonderful, good smash burger. It's a place called the hard Hat Lounge. Oky Village. People never heard of it. Uh, I mean it was more construction site. Uh, we're going for a village. People vibe that's hot and I walk in and uh, Rock's not going to look at each other like are you hearing this right now? And then it's like one of those things where you got to pull up Shazam to know you're hearing. And on the on the speaker as a song by the Shahla DAWs, who are our friends, you know, Paul Shalda and his dad Pop. And this may not mean a lot to our listeners, but like when you have a friend of yours who we all met through skin but a guy from Brooklyn then you meet over time. He lives here now and his head, but he was in this duop group back the day and you go into Vegas out of nowhere. The minute you're there, we could have gone to another bar, okay, and they wouldn't have been playing that song the minute were there. And it was just one of those things like we're supposed to be here. It was kind of crazy. Burger was effing amazing.
Speaker 2: Best burger I've ever had. Stop like not lying. That's Sarah Diippity.
Speaker 3: Saren Dippy is out that word means. I've never known what that word meant. No, it means when stuff is dripping off of something.
Speaker 1: That's that's Sarah's drippety. Oh all right, have you ever been to her sex shop? You don't want to go really sticky. It's different than Sarah's Secret. It's Sarah's drippity and you'll catch something.
Speaker 2: Which reminds me. I got the intro. Ah, the dripping made you think that that's what unt you, I tell you that's a great concert.
Speaker 5: Start time, boys, right now, you're right, right, right, right right time to do one time.
Speaker 4: With ef it with our show. You're gonna ruling it, except with similar sweet pursuing it bundled out shaw shank through the sewer, kid, Now what chilling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. How it's starting to get crattic? Shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit two then zone out, crank it up, beat the habit. I'm won a.
Speaker 6: Hang out with her friends, rocking it on the radio.
Speaker 2: My money's been talking on the radio. It's time to to this fons all we go KT stream up.
Speaker 4: On the baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that we've got the Introy out of the way, how was the Killers show?
Speaker 5: The show was amazing. And I know, like, if you don't like the Killers, that's fine. But it's like celebrating an album that came out when I first got my driver's license. So a twenty year celebration of that album. And they take a little break and then played eight to ten more songs. But they're just so effing good and it's hard to describe. If you don't like them, you don't really care. But if you do like him, you might be like. Okay, if you're just neutral on that type of music and general, but say, go see them and get your ass blown off. It is incredible.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest song on that record? Umm, mister bright Side. Oh that's so okay. I thought that was on Sam That's the biggest. Yeah, that's the biggest. Okay, my bad, we play We played mister Brightside on the Eagle we have Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, but uh, Brandon Flowers is one of the best front man at front men, I should say I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I think he's the best I've ever seen now and I've seen Mick Jagger.
Speaker 1: Wow, alway, But still say for the listener who has not seen him, wy do you say that?
Speaker 5: Because the whole Vegas Showman vibe is there, Like they played, Uh, they played a little coda of a song after my favorite song of all time all these things I've done and hunk of hunk of burning Love. Now, I'm not a Elvis like fan or anything, but you're in that city and the way they just their stage show and this the vibe just and they're from there. They're from there and so Vegas. Yeah, and it makes you want to go gamble and it's like, I don't know and all of that. I like when a band has that some type of representation behind them. I guess, Zach, that is their identity. Yeah, and that's what the show is.
Speaker 2: The show is NonStop and it's incredible.
Speaker 3: The best front man I ever saw was seventy eight year old Jeff Lynn of Yellow where I wasn't one hundred percent sure if his guitar was plugged in or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's still was electric. Who's the worst is the guy the ninety one year old guy they're forcing the tour?
Speaker 2: What's Valley? I think that's pretty good. Actually, that is pretty good. Hey, Sam, when he was younger, he was great. The worst is uh craft work guy. No, well they just they're robots.
Speaker 3: But the Kevin dude from Tam and Bala, Oh yeah, he very much is like, man, I took my shoes off. Old you guys like the music, I'm gonna sit here and listen to it with you. Yeah, he's not even trying to put on a show. Well, we started off talking cowboys. We'll get back into cowboys at four to ten, don't miss that. We go around the sports and it does look like McCarthy's the front runner for that Saints job, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kellen's interviewing for it as well. So it's Kellen versus McCarthy again.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: And I would say one of their teams missed the playoffs and one is in the Super Bowl. Wait, so choose wisely Saints did? Did Jacksonville fill their job?
Speaker 2: Yes? Who took that? Liam Cohen the Bucks? Yeah? Yeah, he got the GM fired and then took the job. Okay. Wow, a lot of backstabbing.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: We are off and running on a Monday. Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle a celebrity dad Triangle. We'll break it down next