Speaker 1: We are smack dab in the middle of the five worst suburbs in the DFW, according to Dallas Observer's reader's pull. And just a second ago KT gave you number four. It was Frisco. And already there is a lot of controversy happening right now.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean number five, hovering number four Frisco.
Speaker 1: And then do they say why they've lost their damn minds. Frisco's number one in terms of being the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kevin.
Speaker 3: And this is here's a couple of things that Dallas Observer said in their article, like, hey, people, who if you vote on this, have you never had the Texas twinkie from Hutchins Barbecue? Like, have you ever been to some of these places? A lot of people just pick places that they're not from or you know, this is the Observer.
Speaker 2: They're hipsters.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, look, these guys are way out in the urbs. It can't be cool out there. That's all that.
Speaker 3: That's not dude, This is all readers. This is all bas okay, all readers. They didn't they didn't weigh in on this, I know, but tasted the math.
Speaker 1: To Ben's point, the people that read the Observer, which, by the way, I'm one of them.
Speaker 2: I love the Observer.
Speaker 1: I am, I'm I'm now I'm an aging Kelly Dearmore. Article on Kelly Dearmore is my guy. We love Kelly. I'm gonnasue him. But they just put the post on social media. They just went and tallied the results and I and I think. I don't think Kelly lives in Frisco, but he doesn't live far from it. He's not anti northern burbs. But to Ben's point, I think in general the readers of the Dallas Observer are the Dallas Denizens, the East Dallas hipsters, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Three is not a knock. I support the Dallas Observer.
Speaker 3: The places where the Dallas Observer is there in their favorite diner. Three Garland, we just rocked Garland. I really loved the paragraph that Kelly Dearmore road here.
Speaker 2: I want to read you some of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, perhaps the mangraves against Garland lyon what it's not. It's not one of the glitzy emerging suburbs like Alan or prosper A good chunk of town has a tendency to look old and out of date. But it was recognized as the state's most Outstanding districts by the h EB Excellence and Education Awards, and it's one of the most racially diverse populations in DFL.
Speaker 1: Respect Okay, nude, I and look, we've always hated Garland because we're from Richardson and we're death rivals. But when we went out there to Fortunate Son, we had an absolute blast and I was blown away by how cool it was.
Speaker 2: It reminded me like a little baby Austin Red. Garland's great.
Speaker 3: All of these towns are great, and that goes for you except for number two.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to the number two. You get what's coming to you. You get Plano. Okay, because of all the heroin deaths in the nineties, just.
Speaker 1: So washed, there's the lasting has done. So you like Colin Creek Mall, I don't know, Like, what have you seen Colin Creek Mall. I know that's what I'm saying. It's the last thing it did that was good. I mean, it's had its day everything. It just mowed all right on past it like a tidal wave. I will say this, and part of it is Plano is more sprawling than Richardson. But I feel like Richardson's resilience has shined brightly in the last decade in a way that Plano's has not.
Speaker 2: Boom and you're face Kevin.
Speaker 3: I just think Plano and then they let all that sewer water run down because they had a water problem and on their sewer water ran into White Rock Lake.
Speaker 1: A couple of oh that was Plano was doing on their receipt right now. That's why they're getting blasted. It fell out of a pipe at Colin Creek.
Speaker 3: I just think Plano two takes credit for some things that are actually in the colony and in Frisco and Planos, like the towers.
Speaker 1: You know what, There are surprising places of Plano that you don't realize, right north, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Just kidding. We love planet here.
Speaker 3: Mosquito number one Sunny Veil, speaking of the Mosquito.
Speaker 2: Lives out there not far off.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the Skeeters number one, the Mesquite Skeeters.
Speaker 1: All right, so what are they saying? Too many wranglers?
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: No other Dallas over garnered more social media votes on the pole question. What's the worst suburban dw than Mesquite?
Speaker 1: Dude, there they're mascot that's offensive to call them asquiter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: That's Chris Arnold used to talk about that the windows to the Wall.
Speaker 3: I say, however, those who chose Mosquite didn't give us many reasons why they voted that way.
Speaker 1: See. I can understand you people that are putting Garland and Mesquite and Planeo and Irving because they've all those places have sucked.
Speaker 2: For a long time and their long standing punchlines.
Speaker 1: But if you haven't gone back in and checked recently, like to me, Garland has improved their situation. I can't tell you that Plano or Mesquite has, and definitely Irving hasn't. But Frisco shouldn't be on this list and Garland should not be on this list. I think that this is a I think Frisco is the one that stands out that I think is a reflection of backlash of the typical deserver get headlines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, dude, again, if the coupleys are there too, that's another thing that makes people go good.
Speaker 1: Okay, you ask observer readers what the best suburb in DFW is, they're going to say deep elm.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. World.
Speaker 1: The gentrification, dude, there's a couple of blocks of deep element that's way too swaggy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I could see Frisco making the top five there too. Yeah, and the most top and the and that's where you want to be in the middle.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, it is a lot of people consider to be a hip again, and I really no offense, Allen. I think I want to move there. It just would be further away from the brewery we're opening in October. But I'm jealous of KT.
Speaker 2: Living in Richardson.
Speaker 1: I love Richardson, and it's not just because we grew up there. I mean, I grew up on the East side, and if I moved back there, I wouldn't want to move to the west side. But I just think it has reshaped itself in an amazing way. I love downtown Richardson. I like that whole Lockwood district. I like all of it. Richardson. You're kicking ass. I'm gonna blow you a kiss.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you, And I'll take that win. All right?
Speaker 2: All right? Did you hear her tepid clapp in there? Yeah? Good golf car?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, kat is gonna take the win on behalf of Richardson. All right coming up next in the weekly weekday up, Why today is the last good day We'll discuss next