Speaker 1: This is WBZ at Boston's news radio, redefining local.
Speaker 2: News forty two degrees in Boston at four o'clock good Sunday afternoon. I'm Madison Rodgers. Here's what's happening. Karen Reid's second murder trial begins in two days. She's accused of killing her boyfriend, Boston officer John O'Keeffe. And today you read supporters of health standouts across the state in some spots across the country, WBZ Susan Soasville says, about fifteen people showed up in Canton.
Speaker 3: They hold signed shake pink pom poms, and we have a large flag that reads real Justice for John O'Keeffe. Wearing a pink T shirt and pink bandana, Mora holds a large license plate that reads framed.
Speaker 2: We are here to free Karen Read, but we are also here for justice to Officer John O'Keeffe. They go together like peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 3: Gail White has been supporting Read since the very beginning.
Speaker 1: First I saw her on TV, Oh my, that's terrible.
Speaker 4: Then I said, wait, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: And the more I heard, the matter I got, and the more I believed in her innocence, and I'll tell you anchor kind of fuels you, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 3: She says, she'll see this through to the end, hopefully, she says, with Reed's acquittal in Canton, Suzanne Sasville WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: This is of course a highly divisive case. Some of O'Keeffe's family members say they've been or they faced hate and harassment from Reed supporters. Reaction continues in Washington around the leaked signal chat. Several top White House officials discussing sensitive military plans in a text chat, which inadvertently included Atlantic journalist Jeffrey Goldberg. Today, Goldberg was on NBC's Meet the Press and talked about his experience.
Speaker 5: Pet Hagg said this promising that US warplans are taking off in thirty minutes to bomb enemy targets that we know are protected by anti aircraft batteries. Okay, So if that's not the most sensitive information, the most secret information in the world, I simply don't know what the meaning of classified or secret or top secret is.
Speaker 2: Both Massachusetts senators have called for Hegseth to be to resign or be fired. The President has indicated that he would not be doing that. The President's calling it the Big One as he prepares to unleash steep tariffs this week and an economic gamble.
Speaker 1: President Trump's standing firm on his sweeping tariffs planned to begin in just days, including on cars and auto parts made outside the US, repeatedly saying he couldn't care less if automakers raise prices as a result, arguing people are going to start buying American made cars. It all begins April second, labeled by the President as Liberation Day, when he's expected to announce a laundry list of reciprocal tariffs targeting countries the White House says have an imbalanced trade relationship with the US.
Speaker 2: That's ABC's j O'Brien in the four day WBZACI weather forecast. It's cloudy tonight with a bit of rain and drizzle around. Temperatures will either stay steady or slowly rise into the mid forties. It is a whole lot warmer Tomorrow. The high ranges from sixty to sixty four degrees. It will be another cloudy one with a couple of showers around, some more rain at times. Tomorrow night much cooler but drier for Tuesday. Some sun returns the highs around fifty one. Even colder Wednesday, just forty for the high with moments of sun and clouds and likely some more rain starting Wednesday night. Right now, it looks like some potential drizzle on the radar in parts of central and western Mass but for the most part, it's just cloudy and times foggy. Right now forty five degrees in Taunton, forty two in Waltham. Here in Boston it's forty two as well, feeling like thirty two with the breeze out there at four oh five. Marathon Monday is just weeks away now, and preparations are in full swing, including at a bar towering over the finish line WBCSJ Will that explains.
Speaker 6: You Boston at the top of Prudential Tower wants to create a signature cocktail for the Boston Marathon, and they need the public's help to do it.
Speaker 4: We thought, you know, what better way to get everybody excited for the big race than to ask Bostonians to help us create a celebratory marathon cocktail.
Speaker 6: Mackenzie Finn with You Boston says the winner has got to be Evergreen, since it we'll be on the menu all year. Bostonians have their picks.
Speaker 2: You know, got to go for the gold. I would say maybe like a maybe a gold margarita that could be pretty sweet.
Speaker 6: It's not official with the BAA. It's just for fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like maybe fuzzy, maybe citrusy, Like I think I'm just describing a mohito.
Speaker 6: Maybe I really want one using bruise at the top. Demi the bartender makes me a mayflower mule, strawberry ginger Beard shawan alcoholic though. Come on, people, I'm on the clock. Okay, We'll let WBZ Boston's News radio and.
Speaker 2: You can find more on that story on our TikTok page. Check out Jay's video the pages at WBZ News Radio. There's an investigation in Watertown after a driver allegedly swiped some protesters injuring Too. This happened at one of the Tesla takedown demonstrations, which happened all over the US and in Europe yesterday. CBS News Boston's Paul Burton reports some protesters in Watertown believe this was unintentional attack.
Speaker 3: Is mirror hit in my army? O KKKA your site.
Speaker 4: Tense moments at a TESTA protest on Pleasant Street in Watertown on Saturday, when Frank Gary says he was clipped by a black pickup truck.
Speaker 6: But he hit me with this the mirrors.
Speaker 3: You know those talks of the big side mirrors.
Speaker 2: Baby hit me right in the roem.
Speaker 6: I chase, we get the number and I gave it to the police officers.
Speaker 4: Frank says he was standing on the sidewalk chanting with the group of protesters when the black f one to fifty truck turned the corner close to the crowd. Police say the driver of the pickup struck two people. Their injuries were not serious.
Speaker 1: You think he was aiming for you?
Speaker 6: Oh? Absolutely. He had parked here or like that car was, and then he just went right here.
Speaker 2: So he was planning the whole time.
Speaker 6: It was intentional and dudley weapon is a car.
Speaker 4: There was a strong police presence during the protest. At least say they did locate the truck a short time later and have spoken with the driver.
Speaker 2: No charges have been filed, at least as of now. In their statement, Watertown police did not indicate whether or not this seems to have been intentional. You're now in the loop for news updates throughout the day, listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Madison Rodgers, WBZ, Boston's news radio