Speaker 1: The world famous been and skin show.
Speaker 2: We got some fascinating stuff on Cooper Flag coming up in just a matter of ten minutes, a scouting report from somebody that's gonna make your MAVs pants go absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Now it's around the sports KTD twins as all the sports Man.
Speaker 3: You sent us a picture of Dak Prescott without his shirt on. What was that doing for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so everybody knows I am the most likely to fall victim to Let's say that the world is just throwing out a fishing line and on the hook is hope. I'm the first one that's gonna get caught on that hook, even with a mediocre bait. And one time I saw Dez Bryant like one hand in catching balls over like high school cornerbacks, and I was like, oh my god, I'll never forget that he still is a guy that didn't make his high school team covering him. And anyways, you know, every year around this year, you hear, Hey, Tony Romo's in the best shape of his life, Dak Prescott's in the best shape of his life.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: You start to hear things like that, and I every year I go through that cycle, like that Craig Miller book, you know, the fake book or whatever, the idea, that cycle of a cowboy fan, where you're gonna be like, oh my god, they suck. Jerry's ruining this, they're hopeless. Oh my god, they got a good draft. Oh my god, love every free agent they have. Oh my god, they're gonna be really good, they're gonna win it all.
Speaker 1: They suck.
Speaker 2: And I go through the cycle every time. And this shirtless picture of Dak has me believing that he's about to go have the best year of his life. He is shredded, he is ripped. The dude's got zero percent body fat. He looks like he's gonna destroy the league.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're not that far removed from him being the MVP runner up.
Speaker 1: Now, we're literally two years away.
Speaker 2: From Yeah, and he got hurt last year, although he did get off to a slow start, but I blame McCarthy and CD Lamb for that seriously, and their offensive line was in shambles. Yeah, I mean, I don't have any I haven't had any reservations on Dak at all for a long time. It's just I just look at it as you know, I think I worry that he's injury prone because he's been hurt so much, and injury prone is a different stigma in football than other sports because you just get the crap beatn out of you. That's why running backs very rarely are good after the age of twenty seven or twenty eight.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with them.
Speaker 2: Or the kind of you know, condition there, and it's the nature of the position, you get destroyed. And once you start mounting injuries in football, Look, did it.
Speaker 1: Didn't all of us think Zach Martin would play longer than he did? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, same with what about Smith, like Tyron, I mean, I mean once you start having because usually it's like, oh, look at Kelsey, you can play to your one thousand offensive linemen can play forever. I know, but it's like, once the injuries start happening in football, it don't matter. And so that's my only worry with Dak whatsoever, is that dude, he's had some pretty serious injuries and when those things start mounting, and this is year one of a sixty million dollar contract, I believe this is the first year that is sure, you know, there is something to be said for him.
Speaker 1: Making the most of the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Don't want to overreact to an athlete being in shape, but look, we've overreacted athletes not being in shape. We've talked about Luca a million times, the whole metroplex has and so here he is the first year he's making sixty million dollars. He doesn't ever have to work ever again. Yeah, and he cares enough to have like zero percent body fat in a year where he finally has a great number two receiver.
Speaker 1: That's high character. That's high character. He could pea could coast right now.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of our buddy Travis.
Speaker 2: Frederick really did not need to come back and play after his condition, but he was like wanted to prove that he could, and so we did.
Speaker 3: I've never won, that's high cared that question about Dad, agreed. I've the question jolways about the things surrounding Dak, And then I do have the big game thing because at some point like, yeah, you have to go, well, what is it?
Speaker 1: That's every sport.
Speaker 3: But he's also been huge in big games too that we forget about five years ago it was just like a wild card round game. Yeah, there was his body on the line and gets tackled at the one yard line, and we remember those things.
Speaker 2: But I thought he was great as a rookie against Green Bay. I thought Garrett lost that game for him.
Speaker 1: I think what's around them is so in pit of the.
Speaker 3: Coaching yeah and yeah, Schottenheimer, we should just I guess, go, I don't know, and we just.
Speaker 1: Kind of wait and see. I mean, I think it's like I don't want to be the guy that's.
Speaker 3: Like, well, this is gonna this is never gonna work, because what if it does?
Speaker 2: Right, But it is a little bit like I don't know, if if KT got fired from our show again again and we just walked out in the hallway and hired the first person that was like standing there, who was out there, It's a little bit like that, like if AA was out there, I'm good, right, Well, I mean today there'd be no.
Speaker 1: One, right, yeah, yeah, And we're.
Speaker 2: Just talking on but in the office again, I was. I was so frustrated with the shoddy higher because I'm like, yeah, dude, you go get the best coach on earth. But I've heard him talk and now I'm brainwashing now I think he's gonna be the best coach in the league. I do this every year.
Speaker 1: It really feels a lot like the Campo higher. They could be good. That does That's the thing is they could be good. Oh, I think they're gonna be good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and even before you know we're sitting here talking about Shoddy, I was just sitting here going, I think their offensive line is going to be better, and I think Dak has weapons.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: The only thing that like frustrates me is that there's no reason the amount of money that Rico got we shouldn't have given to him.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would feel so much better if he was our running back option.
Speaker 1: But you know, maybe the kid out of you t is gonna be good. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Coming up in just over three minutes, don't go anywhere, man, a scouting report on Cooper Flag that had me extremely excited. This is very compelling audio. You do not want to miss this. Just three minutes away. Next on the EAGLESHO ninety seven point one the Egle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. This segment right here is brought to you by our friends at Twisted Root Burger Company. They'd be bringing that good good man. They recently redid their menu and they have a lot of great options on that. But I also have a build your own burger option now that is just fantastic locations all across the metroplex. It's a legendary burger spot, Twisted Rout Burger Company, And we got a cool thing if you go to any of the area locations, walk in there and mention the Ben and Skin Show and they'll give you ten percent off your order. That's awesome. Check it out Twisted Root Burger Company. Now we're going to continue around the sports here. I'd love to get into some audio that one Kevin Turner has procured and Ben, we love comps.
Speaker 1: You said it the other day.
Speaker 2: We had our buddy Teddy Imrick on when we were down at the American Airline Center and you were like, I want to comp I want to comp on Cooper Flag.
Speaker 1: Comps are fun.
Speaker 2: But we have one from a guy who I love anytime this dude is talking, and that is former NBA player, current Celtic analyst Brian Scalabrine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's on with Dan Patrick. That's you. You're going to hear first. Give me your non white guy comp for Cooper Flag.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I don't do the white guy. I think I think it's Lebron James, but he's without having to be like two hundred and sixty pounds and like a freight train. Cooper Flag is a supercomputer, Dan, He's a super computer. Everything you tell him within twenty four hours, he figured it out the next time you tell him something else. I was working him Mount in Maine. On day two. I pretty much came to him and his parents and said, listen, I can't help you anymore.
Speaker 1: You need to reach out explain how this happened.
Speaker 4: So his trainer and me are really close friends with.
Speaker 1: That's enough, I think, wait, I kind of want to hear you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so his trainer and me are really close friends with. Cooper was not even a high school student yet. He was a freshman, but he hasn't played a high school game. Cooper came down to play in my pickup game down here in Boston. You know, it's about a three hour drive, maybe four hour drive. He came down and he wanted his trainer wanted me to get my eyes on Cooper, and he told me I got a thirteen year old that could play against you Maine kids, and he could hold his own and Dan, I don't believe that for one second. It's another over exaggeration of a kid. But after seeing him, I totally believe it. And he said it would always be the same thing. He'd kind of take like fifteen twenty minutes to figure it out and then he's like right there neck and neck with twenty three year old twenty two year olds when he's thirteen years old.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I saw it for myself. It was the same thing when he came down and played with us, and from then on, like I kind of like made some phone calls like John Shire and USA Basketball to like, no, I don't think you guys understand this guy.
Speaker 1: Is like, let me jump in here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that Maverick fans forever should celebrate is John Shire.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot over the last few days.
Speaker 2: He basically Duke had good point guards as a and I don't know, I don't know that I heard this as a favor whatever, but John Shire is like, I'm gonna I'm gonna give the ball to Cooper Flag and let him run our offense. And it's put him in a position to where today Jason Kidd is talking about Cooper Flag playing point guard for the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: The fact that he did that at Duke.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind Bankaro when he was at Duke didn't play point guard, but now he's playing point guard in Orlando. Like that, he's he's They allowed him to do something that they haven't let other players do at Duke. And that the whole reason that today Jason Kidd can be on that state sand I want to play him at point guard this year is because of what he went through at Duke this year. If that doesn't happen, we may not be having this conversation. And dude, I love Scalabrini. Scalabrine is awesome. He's one of those guys who every troll on the Internet who thinks they're good at basketball.
Speaker 1: As a guy, he sucks.
Speaker 2: He's a spare, Like we would have people tell Jesse Holly he was a spare who played for the Cowboys, also played basketball when a national championship at North Carolina, Like you're a sparem Like, dude, do you realize how hard it is to make it into professional sports.
Speaker 1: It's so unbelievably hard.
Speaker 2: And so Scalabrini was like, all right, I'll come play anyone who wants to talk trash to me. And so he went and started playing all these guys and he destroys their he sold. He bodies them so bad they're exhausted three minutes into the game, like their legs are done because he just bodies them to death, and people don't realize how hard it is. He told the greatest story I've ever heard anyone tell in the.
Speaker 1: Most amazing way.
Speaker 2: He was at Michael Rappaport's show down at the Texas Theater. And it's not out there on the internet, but it's the story of the time that Kevin Garnett arm wrestled Glenn Davis Big Baby, and everyone on the Celtics bet against Kevin Garnett except Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett destroyed Big Baby in an arm wrestling competition, and Kevin Garnett held it against all his teammates, and Paul Pierce was, like.
Speaker 1: I told y'all, I told yo.
Speaker 2: The way he tells the story is so amazing because he was in the room. Scyllabrini's great, But dude, the hype machine is fully cranked up on Cooper Flag. But it has been since he was a sophomore in high school and now he's the number one pick, and I think he's up to the challenge because he's surrounded by hype all the time. And I love that he's a basketball robot. Yeah, he's, you know, he's he's. I don't think he's gonna get caught up in all this. I don't either, And I think Jason Kidd's a perfect coach for him. I think coming to the Mavericks with the guys that they have. I mean, one of the big things that happened in that everyone talks about that Team USA game when he was seventeen years old is Anthony Davis blocked a shot. He got it back and took it right to the rim and scored. Imagine a seventeen year old getting their shot blocked by Anthony Davis and then going I and then going right back at it, and it came down a shot, a three right over him. And now he's teammates with h Yeah. Pretty pretty fun stuff and yeah, good, good, good stuff. All right, coming up next, let's crank up the wayback machine. It was on this day, many years years ago, that Jody Dean took a hard fall at a sporting event that we were at. Let's discuss next