Speaker 1: It's Nice Eyes Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: N So we're talking about the story of the day, which is the story of President Joe Biden reversing himself from what he said about pardoning his son Hunter Biden. And we're asking you. The Globe tomorrow is going to say that, well, many people are going to be telling the Globe tomorrow that this is the exudes white privilege. My question is did the president lie when he told the world repeatedly that he was not going to pardon his son. The question was asked by David Muir of ABC without equivocation, will you pardon your son? He said, no, I think all of us remember that. So now here we here we are, and you can say circumstances have changed, and that's what some have argued. But I still think he lied when he told David Mure and others. Let's see what what Warren and fall River thinks. Warren, you next night side, welcome, thanks for calling him.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Dan, Yeah, all all that went on here was Joe Biden is his political career has ended, so and it is his son, and he had the power he you know, he had the position to to pardon them.
Speaker 4: So that's all that really.
Speaker 3: Went on here?
Speaker 5: Was it right?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it privileged? Absolutely? But when have when has any politician really gone to jail for the crime that they commit?
Speaker 2: Well, they have been members of Congress, I mean right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I could think of you know, you know Ciance down here in Rhode Island, you had the formal speaker.
Speaker 2: Of the House. There a guy named Fox down there who went who went to jail? I mean he had James Michael Curley, fairly famous here in Boston. But there have been congress you know, there was the former governor of Illinois who who went to jail.
Speaker 3: He's not out, but his long name with the b Yeah. Uh, I can't, but it's just the point that that there, you know, there was a congress.
Speaker 2: There was a congress from from Ohio who did time. Yeah, I I know that there were state senators from Massachusetts. Uh uh here at two state senators or a fellow named Ron Mackenzie who got out and became a lawyer, got his barb license back. Joe DeCarlo, who is a state senator from from Revere.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There there there was a Congress from San Diego whose name was Cunningham who had been a decorated pilot during the Vietnam War, went to Congress. Yeah, there's yeah, there a few that have that have seen the inside of.
Speaker 3: A has also been more than a few that have committed climes, and you know, nothing ever seems to happen to him.
Speaker 2: There were many.
Speaker 3: Yeah, should have.
Speaker 6: Went, should have went to president?
Speaker 3: Who was that destroying, destroying Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 2: I was going to mention the locker up phrase, but no. But but all I'm just saying is that that the mistake here was that that the president should have said. And look, in June, he was a candidate for president, he had not had his debate with Donald Trump, he had not been removed by the grand poobahs of the Democratic Party. He assumed he was running for president in the fall, and obviously even if he ran, and if he lost, he then could turn around and part in his son. But I think that it would have been smarter for him to say, look, I haven't even contemplated that question. I'm I'm thinking about, you know, running my campaign for the White House. And but when he said no, at that point.
Speaker 3: You're lying, yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah, it isn't line. But you know, but then again, you know many, you know many, you know, I mean, politicians are historically dishonored.
Speaker 2: Okay, so so would you So I assume that this doesn't damage President Biden's reputation in your mind any more than it has already been damaged.
Speaker 6: It's already been damaged.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I mean, it just doesn't really change anyone. I mean, I was talking to a couple of people at work, and this doesn't change the opinion of him at all, you know. And they kind of knew that, you know, they were just kind of surprised that he didn't do it earlier, to be honest with you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean obviously, if anything had ever happened to him, I mean, God forbid that if he had, you know, suffered you know, a horrific you know, medical emergency and passed away, I'm sure that Vice President Harris.
Speaker 5: Would have oh yeah, I mean, he would have.
Speaker 2: It would have been one of the things that well, one of the things that it was discussed was whether he would step aside briefly in the last couple of months and allow Vice President Harris to become President of the United States, albeit only for a couple of months, and that was actually discussed by some people fairly since you know, you know, with sincerity.
Speaker 5: Yep, and I remember that that.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that would have been he might have said, look, I'm going to step aside. I'm done. You get you get to be president first, you know, female president, but can you take care of Hunter. I'm sure she would have said absolutely anyway.
Speaker 5: I'm sure, I'm sure it was in the in the cards.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Warren appreciated the call, said goodnight. Uh, the only line open is six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Got two lines there, six one seven nine three one ten thirty, ladies. I want to hear from you. Come on. We had uh, we've had some call female calls early tonight. I'd love to know you thought here. I mean, I'm I'm staking out my position. And that is that President Biden lied, boldfaced lied in June when he said he would not he would not Proughton his son. There's no question about that. Now. Again, his circumstances have changed. Personally, he did not, he was not. He surrendered the nominee nomine nation of the Democratic Party. His vice president lost. I guess those are situations that have changed. But The question was which you partner your son and his answer was no, No. I don't know anyone defends that, but some of my callers haven't done a pretty good job at it. We'll come back on Nightside only one line open now seventy six, one, seven, nine, three thirty Back on Nightside.
Speaker 8: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: The other question I have is anyone disappointed in this? I mean, are there people out there who wanted to see Hunter Biden go to jail? I don't think there's a lot of people out there who probably wanted to see that. But at the same time, the real I use the word crime in air quotes is the president line last in June. In my mind, Samuel in West Roxford, Samuel, you next on Nightside. Thanks for calling in. How are you sure?
Speaker 9: Okay? Let's see Uh well, first year, I agree with you that that uh the elied in June and uh. I think the purpose then was to make himself uh look good you and then later, you know, as compared to uh, compared to Trump. You know, uh, you know, you know, I'm you know, I'm not you know, I'm not above the law. I respect the law, you know, and then you know, and then then of course after the election, well you know, who cares about that. Let's just forget about that and this other thing, this, this, this sweet the here's here's also I think the I think Biden's Bob well, Biden's pardons I had to talk is mainly to protect himself, uh more more than Hunter. Uh namely that uh, this this this this sweeping part of it going going all the way back to twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: It's it's eleven years. It's it's it's just one month short of eleven years. January first, twenty fourteen to January first, where I hear I think it was twenty twenty actually twenty twenty five. I'll find it here. I had the actual document in front of me, and I have misplaced it, as I often do. But you go right ahead, I'll listen to you.
Speaker 9: Go ahad And anyway, the date goes to just before Hunter started with this parisma holding and and uh, you know, I think that's how your people saying, that's how that they could get picked h to wipe down all out and uh and and and you and and and with without without this part without this pardon. I mean, I mean, you know, a hundred hundred could still be charged with any later with any of those other things, not not just the not just the gun chargers and the tax that's minor actually compared to this.
Speaker 2: Which he has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period for January first, twenty fourteenth through December one, yesterday, twenty twenty four So it's it's eleven years and obviously you can't pre pardon someone who would had to be to December first of yesterday, twenty twenty fourth So.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, question, Well, no, I guess no, I guess I'm not. Well, I'm surprised. I was I'm surprised. I'm not surprised that the original pardon, but the sweeping part of it was was a was a was a surprise, well because well, first of all, the way he's described his pretend that there's all just about the oh this this gun charge and and the tax evasion. But but then but then he throws the throws, you know, all this other stuff that that that hasn't even been no indictments or trials.
Speaker 2: But that you're going to give someone a pardon, you give him a pardon for everything possible.
Speaker 9: Oh, I mean, uh, well, yeah, yeah, that's a question. That's that's a question. Uh you know, I mean is that you know, I mean, is the constitutional wow that kind of ah in that way.
Speaker 2: For no, it's it's it's a it's a it's it's his authority as the president of the United States, uh, pursuing too, his powers that the Article two, section clause the section two clause one. So yeah, he he has that authority. It is a broad authority that that the President of the United States has.
Speaker 9: So I mean that's even I mean, that's even broader than than than Ford Nixon.
Speaker 2: Uh Forxon also from I believe, from the moment of his entirety of his time in office.
Speaker 9: But but but was it the same kind of a pardon, well for you know, for any for any crime, any crimes haven't even been discussed that kind of a thing. You did that too, well, I mean I don't remember that that exactly anyway. The other thing I want to talk about the the the media reaction here before and after. I mean I saw some clips of this, uh like like you know, like like like Mika on Morning Joe beforehand, you know, you know, you know, praising praising Joe's you know, saying that that he earlier, you know, saying that you know that you know, Joe is Joe was you know here here's Joe well, you know, protecting the law in uh. And then and then uh, you know, this time after this news came out, I don't even think she said anything about the about Joe's uh, you know, pardon right now. I mean what you know, you when these news these news media they're there, some were acting shocked. Oh god, I didn't expect this or or you know this they all did, they all knew this.
Speaker 2: Well again they're they're they're changing things around. Uh here again just to quote for you from uh from the Constitution, Article two, Section two, Clause one, in part says he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment. So as long as they take if Hunter ever runs, they can try to impeach them anyway. Samuel is always appreciated. You call it. Thank you much.
Speaker 5: Okay, have a good night.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Stephen new Hampshire, marymack new Hampshire, Steve you next time, nights.
Speaker 5: I go right ahead, Hey, Dan, glad to have you back.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 5: I just want to say that you know this pardon is he's a hypocrite A number one. I do agree that he lied back in June, but you have to look at the timeline of what happened during last spring and into the summer. You know, all those charges against Trump. It would have looked really bad if you had the same well not the same charges, but different charges against the sun in pardoning him after he said that no one is above the law. But beyond that, you know, he had he fled the debate on June twenty seventh, and then the next month in July, the Sweetheart Lee deal that was rejected by the judge. He really thought. I think he already knew that that deal was in the works. I believe that he didn't think he would need pardon his son because the Flea deal would have taken care of.
Speaker 2: The deal was actually rejected in the summer, in the summer of twenty twenty three. That's they thought that it was all wrapped up. Oh, I thought it was the federal judge in Delaware said wait a second, hold on here, uh, And then at that point. Weiss then got serious and brought charges and the rest is history.
Speaker 5: So the same Justice department that Biden has working for him, they were the ones that put together this Flea deal back then, and he's accusing them of having some political, uh you know, agenda against his sons.
Speaker 2: And that's his It's his justice department. It's not as if this was the Trump Justice Department.
Speaker 1: It's his justice He.
Speaker 5: Makes it look like it's an abstract justice department. It's his own justice department. I mean, you know, I mean, he's responding for what goes on in his own.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. Let's assume you were president of the United States and your son was looking at potentially some jail time. What would you do.
Speaker 5: Well, I would hope I would bring up, you know, my son to.
Speaker 2: Okay, so something happened, he's been convicted, he's facing jail time. What would you do?
Speaker 5: Try and get somebody else to get him off the hook. That's pretty much what Biden wanted to do. He wanted Harris to get him off the hook.
Speaker 2: Again. One of the things that he could have done, I guess is said I'm going to resign and allow my vice president to become the first female president of the United States. I'm also first you know, minority woman president. And as part of that deal, hunch against the Pardoner's getting the.
Speaker 5: Polls during the summer, you know, did not look for good for Biden. That's why they you know, your immaculate nomination quote was absolutely correct. That's the reason they got rid of him and.
Speaker 2: Never never got a vote. Got he never got to vote, but won the nomination. By the way, running for the office too, got the nomination. It was miraculous.
Speaker 5: And it's just the whole thing. You know, people would have to if you look at this thing, you know, like as his legacy will probably reflect he this is going to come down as overshadowing everything he did during his last three and a half years or more.
Speaker 2: It's this is going to really more than just a blue well, but inflation, immigration, the withdrawal from from Afghanistan, that's where his is, where his polling numbers if you go back and look plummeted alf sure, the disaster at Kaboul.
Speaker 5: Well, this will be there somewhere probably.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, no question, no question. The Carter Pardoner's brother, Billy, the guy who had the Billy Beer, but he was just kind of because he was recepted from Kadafi. He was an agent of Libya and he never declared himself an agent. Those are all like again, small small time.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, Jimmy Carter terrible, terrible president, but an honest man. That's the way I see him. I remember him. But he left the country in a total disaster. Reagan. Reagan was Democrat.
Speaker 2: He's the country in a disaster. Republican can come along and clean it up.
Speaker 5: Trump Trump's gonna have to do a good job and try and keep his administration as clean as possible. I don't know if that will happen, but I don't want to see anymore scandals or impeachment. I'd like to just see him do his job, just like Belichick always said, you know, do your job and just quit talking. Do it. Yeah, that's where that was.
Speaker 2: I'm with you on that. I'm with you on that. I you know, he's he will soon be my president again. But I'm really good. I'm good. I'm ready to criticize him, but at the same time, I think we should give him a chance. I don't know how many people on the left are going to give him a chance, but I think all should give him a chance, just as we gave Joe Biden a chance. Steve got a run.
Speaker 5: Thanks you boring. It won't be boring for the next four years, I hope not.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Thank you, Thank you? All right? The only line opened six thirty for one to chime into this. Did Joe Biden do the right thing? One thing? We know? In my opinion in JUNI lied? And you know, President United States, that's a tough one. That's a tough one. If you agree, fine, if you disagree, that's okay as well. We'll come on right back on Night's that after the news break at the ottom of the.
Speaker 1: Hour, It's Night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go, gonna go to Bill in Pennsylvania talking about Joe Biden's pardon for his son Merry Christmas Hunter. Hey, Bill, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing good?
Speaker 4: Dan, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great tonight. What's going on down there in Pennsylvania?
Speaker 10: Well, it's getting cold. Let me see, it's about twenty two degrees already down here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's save story up here. Where did the summer go?
Speaker 5: That's right?
Speaker 10: Who did? Anyways, I'm thinking that the Democrat Party have not have not heard the last of this story. And I was listening to a I forget which station it was, so I skip around a lot doing A guy there was talking about that down the road, a state, Okay, not fed, but a state will bring charges against Hunter because there's there's you know, a lot of collateral stuff with when you when you file a false uh FED. I r s that somehow there's a reciprocal in the state. That's that's that's that's going to be happening.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: You can you can have you can have a state in the federal prosecution. But again, I think that there comes a point in time where you say, what's what's the purpose here? What's the purpose? You know? I mean I I just think that you know, I had suggested that it would have been a very magnanimous gesture if when Donald Trump met with Joe Biden former President Trump met with President Biden at the White House, if Donald Trump said, look, I know you promised you wouldn't pardon your son. I'm going to take that burden off your shoulder and I will pardon him when I take off. I don't know what you think about that idea, but I think that for the good of the country that would have been a magnanimous gesture. I don't know. I mean, you know, what what good does it? Does? It to put Hunter Biden in jail for four months or or six months.
Speaker 10: Or or he'll be or he'll be called back up to Congress to testify and you know they'll they'll bring him back up there. Hey, how long do you think it's going to take Simon and Schuster to give that that Hunter Biden a fifty million dollar advance on a book.
Speaker 2: Uh, he won't get a fifty million dollar advance, but he might get an advance. The other thing, too, is that if it might give believe it or not, a pardon might give a congress more flexibility. He might not be able to invoke the Fifth Amendments. Once you have a pardon, you you don't have any you know, legal liability. So it could be that they could say to him, Look, we're going to contempt the Congress if you don't want to answer questions honestly because you you no longer have a Fifth Amendment right here, because you have a pardon covering, covering everything, and you can't be prosecuted anyway. So that's a that's an interesting aspect of it that no one else they think has really thought about.
Speaker 10: And well, I'm going to tell you, I don't think the Demo. I don't think the Democrats have heard the last of this story, and that there's so many angles out there. But yeah, the most of the news I heard today they were all saying the same thing as one of your one of your guests tonight. I was saying about you know, okay, so you got the gun charge, and you got the tax charge, and and then and then you go back to go all the way back to twenty fourteen, and twenty fourteen this happened to be the year that he got met he got hooked up with that Bearisma outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just a coincidence.
Speaker 10: Bill, Well, there's no coincident, says Hey, listen, I I my own opinion is and as far as Hunter Biden, okay, I wish the best for the guy, but you know, this is just more enabling and and I'm of the opinion that uh, we're good or for bad.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 10: You know, he's he's been enabled for years and uh and when and when it when this happens. Uh, I know a little bit about this myself. But you know, when when you when you when you want to come clean and uh, and you get sober, you got to take the responsibility and and the other. The other thing is, you know, like I said, I wish them all the luck, but they're not doing the gain it favors by just enabling him all the time.
Speaker 2: It's true that you're absolutely correct on that. You're absolutely correct on that. But you know that maybe if if he's clean, has acted up, there will be no more, no more problems.
Speaker 10: We will see one more thing, Dan, I don't want to ever hear the Democrats anything about the second an Amendment and uh, who should have guns and who should not have guns? That's been taken off the table now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think somehow that issue will be brought up again, but but it certainly this is something that they could be mentioned as a counterpoint. Hey Bill, I appreciate you call. Thank you much.
Speaker 10: I'd right back at you.
Speaker 2: Good night. Where we're gonna go next to Bob is in Hingham Massaeuset's Bobby next time?
Speaker 9: Night?
Speaker 11: Hey Dan, Hawaii. Dan, you're missing the big picture here, Okay, you're missing a big picture.
Speaker 2: Help me.
Speaker 11: He's not done he's not done with his pardon.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that there might be more.
Speaker 11: No, he just threw his Biden the kid out there because oh he's a good father. He's a good father. He was just he was his son for bag man. What kind of guy is that? Good father is saying on CBS. Good father. But he still got a potton the rest. Remember everybody in the family got money put in their account.
Speaker 2: Well that hasn't been proven in all in all honesty, Bob, I mean, I know.
Speaker 11: That there have been want them to stop going after that. Again, you don't want Congress doing that under Trump, So he has to pardon everybody.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see. I mean, I think it's real interesting. He's got a couple of brothers, and I know that there's been some questions about them. I don't know. The only one that I know has been convicted of something to be pardoned, uh is is the sun. Now, you're right, you can give pardons to people prematurely, even though they haven't been convicted. You can you can kind of in effect immunize them by saying, pardon, You're going to get your part against any crime that you may or may have committed. Yeah, but it'll be interesting. It will be.
Speaker 11: It has to be, because everybody got a piece the money.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well again I I you know I allowed that in counselor, but I want to just mention it that there's no proof of that as yet. There have been allegations. We do know that Hunter was convicted of having a gun as as an addict in possession of a gun and having lied in a federal form. Uh. And also tax evasion up to about one point four million dollars, which is a lot. A lot of people have been chased by the I R S for less than one point four million dollars.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you understand. He has to he has to protect his dad. He goes to jail. He's giving his father up going to jail.
Speaker 2: You know what I think Hunter, I think Hunter would.
Speaker 11: Probably have to put.
Speaker 2: I think Hunt would would be rolling into a few months in the slammer without without throwing his dad under the bus. I just had that feel.
Speaker 11: I don't, I don't. I ain't buying it. I ain't buying it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bob, I appreciate the call. Interesting, interesting perspective. Next up, John is in boss than John, You're next on nights.
Speaker 6: I go ahead, Thanks, dan Uhering. Joe Biden said he was gonna knock, gonna pot his son in June, but he was actually in Normandy at the time talking to David Brea.
Speaker 2: There, Dan, that's here.
Speaker 6: He's on hallow ground where our soldiers died sacrifice their life.
Speaker 5: That's yeah.
Speaker 6: And I just say he's part of his His son had interactions with our enemies. He was getting money from communist China. He was involved in parbab possibly trees, this activity. And here's Joe Biden, President United States on Normandy. Where are there were guys from in Massachusetts. Again, I know personally that fought there on Omaha Beach in places, and and he's lying Normany. He's lied to us when he talked about the fifty one intelligence ages during the debate. But he knew the laptop was real, and the intelligence agents said that it was a Russian uh disinformation.
Speaker 2: They were just to be accurate. What I think what that statement said, and I can go back and research it was that the laptop story. I think they used a phrase like has all the ear marks of Russian disinformation. They they sort of couched it a little bit, They were cute about it. They left the implication that it was You're correct that it was Russian misinformation. But the phrase that they used was it had the ear marks. I believe that's the phrase they used. I got to go back and look at that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's their powers you did. That's their injectioncy in case someone calls them on it, Well.
Speaker 2: No, I get it. Yeah, yeah, but I just wanted to just just was trying to correct the record.
Speaker 6: That's all John, You know me, Oh, I know, Jean, i'ld pregion that it's just fits. There's always the story behind the s. And then it was with the two Marines when he gave a speech to the country and call Mago white supremacy and this and that and here's hunter Hunter. Biden is a postal boy for white privilege. I mean, Kamala Harris has been luxuring us about how racist we are. What a you know that Donald Trump and that the Maga Patti.
Speaker 2: A We'll remember. Kamala Harris also lectured Joe Biden about his his support for his opposition to court ordered bussing.
Speaker 6: Through the debate with them.
Speaker 2: I know that's so you know that that term gets thrown around fairly liberally.
Speaker 6: There's so many black men in jail now for carrying a gundan his hunter. He gets pardoned, and Kamala is lecturing us on fairness and occlusion at equity. Where's the fairness with him getting uh?
Speaker 9: Well, you know what.
Speaker 2: About how many how many black men and black women were prosecuted when she was the Attorney General of California, uh, for marijuana possession and ended up doing time in jail when she basically was laughing about it, that that she was a toker too, you know, so.
Speaker 6: I mean, and then she was implying, I believe also that they were gonna, uh make it easier for or trying to appeal to black men as far as either getting marijuana or the charges. During the campaign, there was some issue about that, I remember exactly, but there was something about that, as though she's appealing to black men that they you know, that they got to ease on, ease up on making marijuana easy or available or something to that. But thought of mine isn't Our country was founded so that it wouldn't be the entitlement of kings. The common man would have the same rights as the king. And here now we see it all over again. Now we get the increment of the president's son who's committed serious crime. Just ask wheny Babolenski, who bull the whistle on that? And Uh, it's gonna be real interesting to see what comes out there, because he's got definitely special privileges. And I thought the one that really gets me, he's in Normandy say he's not gonna parton his son, and that's on hallow ground.
Speaker 2: Yep. I had not thought of that point. John, You brought an added dimension to the to the to the problem, to the fora varication, I won't use the word lie. I'll use the word pervarication, okay, which is a synonym for lie. John, appreciate you call. It was a good one. Thank you, good night, Okay, get a bunch of lines here, Okay, we need callers to finish it up. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. If you want to defend what Joe Biden did, bring it on, if you want to criticize it, you're more than welcome. My question is the thing that bothers me most is not I can understand that as a father, he might have decided I'm going to do this, but he never should have lied in June because he didn't say.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 2: You know, I have no intention or I am not of the mindset to even consider talking about this question. No, he said he would not pardon. It was a good question from David Muir, good question from the other reporters, and that's now part of his legacy. It's sad. Almost six thirty six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We got about thirteen minutes left to up. Mike and Beverly coming up, feel free to join the conversation. I know it's the end of a holiday weekend here, but let's have a quick little rally. Give us a call coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 8: Now back to Dan Ray Mike from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We got four callers. We're gonna get them all in. Let's start with Mike and Beverley. Mike next on Nightside. Your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Hey, good name Dan, hy Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes? Sir? Go right ahead?
Speaker 4: Oh right, Hi, every Thanksgiving to Howe. We had a great vacation.
Speaker 5: Good to have you back.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I'm just surprised he gaped out of that. Not much about that situation, and there was a reporter of this Morning that his wife was pressuring him during the holiday time to do this situation. You know, one time that people are not talking about Dan, which we should talking about. And the lady of Master, he's just doing time right now from protest, saying outside of the abortion place right now, the elderly lady right now, you know here he is wiping. Uh, how does.
Speaker 6: Clean I get that?
Speaker 2: But Mike, let me just say this, first of all, I'm not familiar with that case. A lot of times in a situation, someone is out there protesting, the police will say, hey, look, you're protesting too close to the building. You got to move away, and the person refuses, so they get arrested, not for protesting, but they get arrested for protesting too close to the building. So without having the case in front LA, I really don't want to mix mix the cases up. I think that I think that the the president basically looking into the camera and in my opinion, lying in June and as John said in Normandy on some pretty hallowed ground and now turning around and pardoning his son, I think that's that's the shame of it. In my opinion.
Speaker 4: Oh definitely.
Speaker 12: Oh it definitely is he was. I've been talking about that for a long time. He wasn't gonna do it, but everyone knew. I mean, you just you just gas out of the gass. No tomorrow, why I just come clean to save him? The geck you're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: He could have said, look at this point in time, but I'll have to look at it later. But no, he he looked in the camera and line and that's that's going to be a mark on his on his time in office. Mike, I appreciate you calling a good night, Thanks friend, Thank you very much. Jeff and Whittman. Gonna get Jeff and Jim and Rick both in. Go all in, Go ahead, Jeff.
Speaker 10: Hey, My opinion on it would be, I think this is all. If he did go through with being the candidate, he would have helped us up. But I think this is just like everything else, the convention, the missiles, that the party told him to stand down, so he's like, Okay, I'm gonna twist the knife a little back to you guys. So that's my opinion on it that if he was the candidate still, he probably would have kept on with Yeah, I'm not gonna parton them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's assume let's play it out if he won, if he was the candidate and he won, and now he's gonna leave off is because you know he's well, no, he's got four more years. Let's say, is he gonna let him go to jail? Or will he pardon him and say, hey.
Speaker 10: I just know I'm not saying that if he won. I'm saying if the party allowed him to continue being the candidate. I think this is just another string of things that he's going. I'm gonna turn the knife back to you guys, because okay, I got you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you, I got your point. Okay, interesting, interesting, different take. Jeff, I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thanks, have great night, good night.
Speaker 2: Let me say good night to Jeff. Here go, let's go next to Jim Is in Boston. I got room for Jim and then Rick and over. Go ahead, Jim.
Speaker 7: Hey, oh I Dan, good to talk with you. I disagree with the white privilege, you know. I think it's more presidential privilege and uh that he's making you know, so it has nothing to do with that with the Globe said beast fact that I find it kind of up scene. But let's trot that. But what I think was, uh that I falled uh for the last ten years of the news and everything, you know, I think that it was, uh, it was a crime family there, and I and I knew back even what he was lying, that he was not let his son get in uh any kind of trouble because the son could uh you know, take him down with him. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't think that. I think Hunter Biden. I don't think Hunter would throw Dad under the bus. In my opinion, I could be wrong.
Speaker 7: But you know, yeah, well, well to save his own skin if the father wasn't going to save his skin because going on there, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that's a pretty closely tight knit family. And even if if Joe said to him, look, I'm not going to destroy my legacy. You're gonna have to do four months in the can, I think he probably would have done it and and got out. You know, I mean they might be.
Speaker 7: We'll never know, you know what they were saying, it's not over yet because uh, there'll be a lot of civil action possibly taken, and well.
Speaker 2: Yea that possibility, but also you have other other bidens and what is this the last commutation. I don't know, we'll see, we will.
Speaker 7: See, like a it's a tragedy that you know, and in the end, it seems like the devil gets his due.
Speaker 2: I guess. So it's always the way. Hey, thanks, Jim, appreciate you call a good one. Next up, last of the night, Rick and Dover, you finish this up, Go right ahead.
Speaker 13: Rick, Hey, Dan, I just I was wondering on it seems like everybody's being kind of a what do you call two fasted on this to me? Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I hear you? Go right, I'm listening to you. Go ahead.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean the guy, okay, he lied or he changed his mind one time, maybe ten times. I remember listening to these fact checkers and they seem to say Trump lied like thirty thousand times.
Speaker 2: Well, name me one lie that that was more bold faced someone we started the program tonight. Name me a lie that the Trump that you can quote quote Trump on which which even comes close to this.
Speaker 13: When he calls our American venteran suckers and losers, Well.
Speaker 2: He's he's always denied that. And I gotta be honest with you, if he if he had stood, if he had stood in front of a TV camera or sat in front of a TV camera and said, you know, these guys were were suckers and losers, and it was on tape. There's no way he would have been re elected and this is on tape.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'll carry I mean whatever I mean. I think thirty thousand lines kind of add up to more than one line.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is no one has listed them for me them at least why five brill million times? I mean, tell me what they are. Hey, Rick, I wish you called earlier. Call again and we can have a longer conversation. Okay, thanks, Yeah, good night, good night. All right, done for the night again. If you want to be on the Night Side Charity combined our twelfth annual, all I gotta do is send me an email Dan Ray at iHeartMedia dot com, introduce you and we'll get you on the radio on December twentieth. All dogs, all in Rob, thank you, Marita, thank you, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where my pell, Charlie Ray is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are a past. They loved you, You love them. I do believe you see them again. Have a great Tuesday, everybody. We'll see again Tomorrow night. I'll be on Nightside Facebook with Nightside with Dan Ray. It's just a moment or two