Speaker 1: Welcome to Transformation Church Podcast, where we represent God to the lost and found for transformation in Christ. We're so glad you're here and wherever you're listening from, we believe God will transform your life. Do today's message.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna jump into the message today.
Speaker 3: If you got your bibles, open up your bibles to the Book of John. The Book of John, chapter number ten.
Speaker 2: The Book of John. A little bit about John.
Speaker 3: He's one of Jesus' disciples and he's a little prideful. You won't catch this unless it's in the nuance of how he writes. But in one of his stories, he's talking about him and a friend. We're running to get somewhere, and he talked about himself.
Speaker 2: In the third person. He's like, but then the other disciple beat Peter to the tomb. But he's talking about himself. It's just random fact he'd be doing.
Speaker 3: He calls himself the one Jesus loved, so he'd be in the joint.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, yeah, you know, James.
Speaker 3: Was there, Peter was there, The one Jesus loved was there. But you can't do that write in your own letter. That's crazy. John's the best. But John chapter number ten, Verse ten is going to kind of be our starting point today. If you got it, say I got it. If you don't, don't worry. We got you all right. Could you throw that up on the screen for me? John ten ten says, this funny story. Actually, I grew up in a church. My dad was a pastor. It was called Abundant Life Church, Abundant Life Christian Church. I don't know they had some more spiritual words in there, but this was the anchor verse. So John ten ten and the NIV, this is what it says.
Speaker 2: He throw it up there for me. It says this, the thief.
Speaker 3: Comes only to steal and kill and destroy.
Speaker 2: But I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.
Speaker 3: This is what Jesus is saying. He says, there's a thief and he's here to steal.
Speaker 2: Stuff, to kill and destroy.
Speaker 3: But the reason I showed up, the reason I'm here, the reason I stepped out of heaven and into human history. He explains, in these words, I came that they may have life and have it to the fool.
Speaker 2: Look at the message.
Speaker 3: Eugene Peterson, I was a professor. He kind of paraphrase it. This way, he says, a thief is only there to still kill and destroy. I have come so that they can have real and eternal life, and look at this language, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.
Speaker 2: Jesus is setting some context here.
Speaker 3: If you want to know why I showed up on the scene, why I stepped out of perfection and gold streets to relate to you.
Speaker 2: Why I put on this flesh suit.
Speaker 3: Why I had to deal with people that I was there when they were created.
Speaker 2: Why I stepped out of heaven.
Speaker 3: The reason I'm here today is just to let everybody know. He showed up so you could have more and better life than you've ever dreamed of.
Speaker 2: That's the point. Why is Jesus here.
Speaker 3: Jesus tells us himself in John Tinton, I showed up so you could have a better life than your dreams. So you wouldn't escape life to dream, but you would live your dreams while you're awake.
Speaker 2: I gotta calm down. I'm not even supposed to be preaching yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, the title of my sermon today, I'm taking notes.
Speaker 2: Write it down.
Speaker 3: Better than dreaming, better than dreaming, better than dreaming, better than dreaming.
Speaker 2: Lord Jesus, we thank you that you are here.
Speaker 3: You are here with us in this moment, and I pray that you would reveal yourself in a way that we cannot ignore, a way that changes us, a way that helps us see you differently, a way that changes how we see ourselves.
Speaker 2: And Lord God, we love you. So you let me pray, and everybody said amen.
Speaker 3: When we jump into John chapter number ten, Jesus talking to a religious group of leaders who are in summary, super lame. They're super lame. They think they're really cool. They've memorized a lot of the Old Testament, and they think because they.
Speaker 2: Know a lot about God that they know God. But these are two different things.
Speaker 3: You can know a lot about God and still not know God. How do we know this because they knew the most quote unquote and they killed him. They had the first five books in your Bible, they had that memorized since they were teenagers, and they still couldn't see God when he was walking around healing people doing miracles. So you can know about God and still not see God. But Jesus is talking to them, and the context of this scripture is Jesus heals a blind man and the Pharisees or.
Speaker 2: These religious group leaders. They go and they.
Speaker 3: Start interrogating the blind man. Why because they're not concerned with the miracle. They're more frustrated about Jesus's method of how he gets to miracles. This is something that still happens today, and I'm not gonna go on a whole rant with it, but people will be more frustrated with the method of how people get saved than the actual fact that five hundred and twenty four people are getting saved.
Speaker 2: Still happens today.
Speaker 3: They frustrated because Jesus, You're not supposed to do it like that. That's not how people are supposed to get saved. And so Jesus goes on this whole rant as he normally does.
Speaker 2: He's kind of like.
Speaker 3: Talking to the crowd, but he's also taking direct shots.
Speaker 2: At all the Pharisees. It's very gangster of Jesus.
Speaker 3: But he does this whole illustration about sheep and he's like, there's a sheep gate and I'm at the gate and other people are trying to get in the gate, and if you come and it's stuff that doesn't make sense now, but if you were a shepherd back then and you know.
Speaker 2: It made a lot of sense. And here's the connection.
Speaker 3: Have you ever, I don't know if you've heard the scripture of the twenty third song.
Speaker 2: Some of y'all, you know, if you played any.
Speaker 3: Type of sports in the two thousands, you probably have that tattooed on your.
Speaker 2: Ribs or something like that. But it's like a very specific call. But somebody in here is like, dang it, I do.
Speaker 3: But one of the things that starts out and says, the Lord is my shepherd. So when Jesus starts talking about he's the real shepherd, that he's the good shepherd, everybody in the crowd says, is he saying what I think he's saying. Everybody knows there's a connection that's deeper that's happening right now. He is making a claim to be somebody who we've been looking for for hundreds of years, and he's saying, yeah, I know you've been looking for him, but it's me.
Speaker 2: Just make the pharise. He's very, very angry.
Speaker 3: But then he backs up and he uses this verse verse number ten, and he says, the enemy or the devil with adversary, he has three goals in your life to steal to kill and destroy it. Now, I'm not gonna spend much time on the devil because he don't need no time and just a little bit of vice. Don't give the devil any of your time. It's a waste of your time to get him your time. It's just it don't make no sense. And some people love to be like, oh the devil, be quiet. The devil's defeated.
Speaker 2: He's dead. He has literally no powers at all.
Speaker 3: I don't give the devil the pleasure of even getting the opportunity to use my vocal course to talk about him. He just ain't that important. But for two seconds, let me explain.
Speaker 2: This scripture to you.
Speaker 3: Still kill and destroy here's the easy illustration. I went down the whole rabbit hole of the original language just to give it to you simply where you can understand. Still kill and destroyer is like these three steps. If I got the.
Speaker 2: Password to your phone.
Speaker 3: That was I stole your password, so now I have access. Nothing's changed, you don't know it, but I have an access point to something you desperately need. That's the steal to kill would be like if I went into your phone and I deleted all your apps in all your contacts.
Speaker 2: So it's still a phone.
Speaker 3: It looks like it functions, it turns on the same way, but there's something that is missing that is primary to its immediate fund and purpose. It was created destroyed after he does all that, your.
Speaker 2: Phone is destroyed.
Speaker 3: Not in the sense that it's crushing that got ran over, but it can't be used for its intended purpose.
Speaker 2: This is what the devil tries to do to you.
Speaker 3: So he doesn't start off with trying to destroy you completely. He starts off by just trying to steal a little bit of your connection and communication in your marriage. Then he kills your intimacy so that y'all still technically married, but there's no life actually happening in the middle of your marriage. So then he can destroy the ultimate purpose, which is for you to be a picture of God on earth. You still married, you still find you still look good on the outside. But he's stolen, he's killed, and he's destroyed. He is he's slow with He doesn't come out yelling at you in a red pitchfork and being like I'm here to take.
Speaker 2: Your purpose, give it over.
Speaker 3: That's why I be so interested Christians me sometimes man just begiving me because we be missing the plot. Sometimes we're like, oh, man, you watching that show you going to head there's demons and devils jumping off that TV into your soul. Maybe maybe I'm not saying there's not, but I'm saying when you when you stop being kind and you lose joy, you don't realize the Bible says the joy of the Lord is your strength. So if he can take your joy, you can't get stronger. So I'm just saying, you gotta be you gotta be aware.
Speaker 2: Of the enemy's taxes.
Speaker 3: He still kills and destroyers. But then Jesus he summarizes his whole mission and he says, the reason I am here is so you can have a better life than you've ever dreamed of. Now it's interesting to me, Jesus, does I mean, if I'm reading this scripture, I don't know what it's about to say Jesus like, this is what.
Speaker 2: The enemy does.
Speaker 3: Now I'm about to tell you why I am here, and I'm not going, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: He's here to beat up the devil. He's here to make sure I go to heaven. He's here to.
Speaker 3: Make sure I'm always healed. He's here to answer all my questions. He's here to do what I need him to do when I need him to do it. He's here to make me feel good here.
Speaker 2: He doesn't say any of that. I'm here so you can have a good life. Now.
Speaker 3: I know some of you are like, that's not spiritual enough.
Speaker 2: That can't be that simple.
Speaker 3: In today's time, where there's no peace, no clarity, full of anxiety, full of fear, full of worry, full of all these things.
Speaker 2: I want to submit to you this morning.
Speaker 3: The life that Jesus is presenting could be the most spiritual act ever, you having a better life than you could dream of.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I get this because we are trained spiritually to want super deep like.
Speaker 2: Stuff where we go, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So when you just say, like Jesus here so you can have like a super fulfilling life, you're.
Speaker 2: Like, what what does that? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I'm about to walk you through it here. But here's my submission today. When Jesus says I came that you.
Speaker 2: Might have life and life to the full, the language that.
Speaker 3: He's using is I am here so that you can have an exceeding and obnoxious, overflowing amount of fulfillment and satisfaction in your life. The word picture is like it's just an exorbitant amount, Like it's so much you cannot contain. It's it's you have a little cup and you just pour on it for fifty years and then another fifty It's it's so much life, so much peace, so much joy, so much love, so much patience, so much peace in your life. He says, That's why I'm here, so you can have a full.
Speaker 2: And satisfying life. What kind of life. Let's just start off with the fruits of the spirit.
Speaker 3: What if he just said, I want you to have an exceeding amount of love, joy, and peace, an overflowing, obnoxious amount.
Speaker 2: Of love in your life. That's why I showed up.
Speaker 3: So you just have so much love you don't even know what to do with it. People bump into you and they feel love. People look at you and they just think, I don't know what that is. But I've never seen somebody that seemed to that present with me, that God showed up so that you could have more joy than you know what to do with. Not so you're scratching and clawing and fighting for these little moments where you kind of have peace.
Speaker 2: He said, I want you to have an abundance of peace.
Speaker 3: I want the world to be following apart and you not think nothing of it.
Speaker 2: Because you know who holds the future.
Speaker 3: Now, the question is if this is what Jesus is promising. Here's the question. I've asked the time into my life, and I know people in here are asking why am I following Jesus? And I still don't feel that way. If the whole reason like his, the whole reason is I can have a lot of love, a lot of joy, a lot of peace, a lot of patience.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I got a little bit here and there.
Speaker 3: What's the distance? What's the gap? What's the delta? Why is it that the whole reason he showed up is something that we can barely seem to find.
Speaker 2: I want to present to.
Speaker 3: You today that you can live this life and it's easier than you think.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me let me, let me, let me get.
Speaker 3: Myself together here because I'm sometimes I have so much to say and it would just be too much.
Speaker 2: Let me give you this point.
Speaker 3: Here's kind of the anchor point of the sermon.
Speaker 2: Write this down.
Speaker 3: The fulfillment we seek is usually found in the action we avoid. The fulfillment we seek is found in the action we avoid.
Speaker 2: Here's here's the whole sermon. I'm gonna give it to you, and.
Speaker 3: Then I'm gonna prove it to you for the next twenty minutes, and then I'm gonna really prove it to you for the last Like ten. Okay, there is a difference between accepting grace and acting on grace. And you can live your whole life having accepted the grace of God but never acted on the grace of God.
Speaker 2: And I want to present to you this morning.
Speaker 3: The reason John ten ten feels like a such outlandish idea is because many of us live a significant amount of our life having accepted Jesus but never acted on the grace he gave us. What I mean, if I gave you one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: You could accept it and never spend it. And this is what you would do. You would walk around like, sh I got a hundred million dollars and people be like, how much money?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You was what you were checking your bank account? Siri, read to me my bank account number. They have twenty eight cents. No the other account. The other.
Speaker 3: What you would do is you would start to get prideful because you think that since you accepted it and it's in your account, you know how to use it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm about to I'm about to get into it.
Speaker 3: This is how we get spiritually obese, because oh, I was listening. I was listening to the sermon and it was so good. It really just spoke to my heart. And here this happens all the time. And please, if this is if this has ever fault happened to you, I love you.
Speaker 2: But here's what be happening.
Speaker 3: Man, past a child, that was the best sermon you ever preached. Sometimes I'd be like, I don't know, but I appreciate it. I hear in the middle of church, we mean saying something, ooh that's so good man, I needed that. But just because you heard it and you felt it doesn't mean you did anything with it.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm being super I'm super wool man, and I'm trying to keep.
Speaker 2: It calm, kind and collected and confident. I'm going through my frame. Croc, come on, man, I'm locking in. Man. But I'm saying, it's very easy to.
Speaker 3: Be in church and thinking because you hearing what Jesus does that you do what Jesus did. It's very easy to watch your favorite preacher and say, man, that was good, and you never do nothing with what they said.
Speaker 2: It's very easy. I'm saying it's very easy because I do it all the time. We'd be like, whooh man, I love that.
Speaker 3: And sometimes I'll be saying to myself, don't tell me you love it. Show me you love it by changing something in your life.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I really needed that. Tell me how much.
Speaker 3: Show me how much you needed it by what you did differently on Monday because of what you heard on Sunday. It's so easy because many times the fulfillment we seek is in the action we're avoiding. So we think that just hearing information and hearing people talk and hearing people pray is the same as actually doing it. But this is how you get this delta and this internal frustration because you feel like you should be further along because you got so many notes, and you got so many prophetic words, and you got so many revelations, and you have so much power written down in your phone.
Speaker 2: But then you look at your life and you barely.
Speaker 3: Got any peace, you barely got any joy, you barely got any love, and now you mad because it was like I was at church and I wrote it down and I felt the goosebumps, and they went to the chorus and they said, just y'all sing it, and I sang it, and I did.
Speaker 2: It and I felt it. But I went to work and felt the same.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's an opportunity to close the distance between what you've accepted and what you're acting on. Because here's the deal. Your life is not changed by the truth you accept to and believe. They are changed by the truth you accept and then act like you believe them.
Speaker 2: There's a difference.
Speaker 3: Your life is not changed by just accepting. There's a transformational thing that happens. Yes, but if you really want the full life here on earth, it's gotta show up in your actions. Because here's the deal. Accepting grace gets you into heaven. And let me just say this, if that's really you was all trying to get out of this, you good, You into heaven.
Speaker 2: Bam, he's going to hell. Now you're going to heaven.
Speaker 3: But your life on earth, like you know, like the seventy eighty ninety, well, however many years you got accepting grace, it secures your eternity and so if you're just trying to live like a super mediocre life and just make sure you make it into heaven, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to take that from you.
Speaker 3: So if you're just like Charles, I'm really only in here to secure my past so that when I die, i'm in the line. That's the only reason I come to church. That's the only reason I read my Bible. That's the only reason I pray, that's the only reason I give. That's the only reason I do anything. Is because I just didn't want.
Speaker 2: To go to hell.
Speaker 3: And so Jesus said that if I believed in him, then I'll go to heaven.
Speaker 2: And that's really all I want. I don't really want the peace he has. I don't want the joy he has.
Speaker 3: I would actually like to believe in him and go to heaven, but still be anxious like all my friends, and be worried about the future, and just try to control my kids because I'm afraid.
Speaker 2: And I'd love to be terrified.
Speaker 3: Politically and just use it to like control things. And I'd love to fight with people in the comments, and I'd love to tear people down, even Christian people. I'd love to just keep tearing them down, and my friends look at my life and I say, I go to church, but then they don't see anything. And I'd love be trying to act like two different people, So like at church on Sunday, I'd love to show up and acting my life is great. But then I'd like the rest of my life just to do whatever the heck I want to, because all I was really concerned about was just getting into heaven.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to really do any of like the stuff, you.
Speaker 3: Know, because that's just it's a lot, and I just I really only have what time will you be done preaching? Because I gotta It's just I already got my cards, So I don't really know why I need to go to church if I got the.
Speaker 2: Card into heaven? What do I need you for? What do I need church for? What do I need friends for? Why should I why? What does it matter who I have sex.
Speaker 3: With or how I talk to people, or if I look my waiter in the eye.
Speaker 2: Why does that really matter?
Speaker 3: Because I'm going to heaven and I got my cards, So I don't really know why you're telling me to read this book. I don't really know why you talk about these tribes and I got a text tribe to eight too, eight two eight two. I don't get it because I got my pass and I'm good and that's all I wanted from him. I'm not saying you say it like that, but I do know we all live it like that, because accepting grace changes your eternity, but acting on grace changes your reality. Accepting grace will get you into heaven, but you gotta act on grace if you want to get Heaven into you. Accepting grace will have you feeling good in a moment, but acting on grace is how the early Church started a movement.
Speaker 2: There is a difference. If you're just here to come to church, check your box and feel good, that's cool. You can just accept the grace.
Speaker 3: But if you are here to see blind eyes opened, if you're here to see dead people walk out of tunes, if.
Speaker 2: You're here to see atheists say, oh my gosh, holy, holy holy.
Speaker 3: If you're here to find purpose that the world can't give you. If you're here to walk on water, if you are here to see something different. Friend, you're gonna have to go from looking and observing and one day you're gonna have to act.
Speaker 2: On the grace he gave you.
Speaker 3: And this is how we have different experiences in our Christian walk, because we have some people that look like, how'd it be happening for them?
Speaker 2: How they be hearing God so much?
Speaker 3: How is because there is a step you can take to act on what you believe in.
Speaker 2: So here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you three three ways that you can act on grace, and I promise you'll change your life, not because I said it, but because the.
Speaker 2: Bible says it. But first, let me read you this scripture. Let me read you James. James is the brother of Jesus, and so he's got some.
Speaker 3: Stuff to say about his brother, which if I was writing a book about my brother, I'd be just in there talking trash like, yeah, he is God and everything jump shot was broke.
Speaker 2: Just throw some little jabs in there, okay.
Speaker 3: James, Chapter number one in the twenty second verse, I'm gonna read it to you out of the message.
Speaker 2: Could you throw that up there for me? Look at what this says.
Speaker 3: Don't fool yourselves into thinking you're a listener when you're anything but letting the word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear, go to the next one.
Speaker 2: What does it say? It says those who.
Speaker 3: Hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are or what.
Speaker 2: They look like. Now, let me give you the go back to that one real quick.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna give you a little context on why that's important. Because mirrors weren't accessible like they are now. If you go back in that time, it was very rare for you to have a mirror. It was polished bronze that someone had to work hard, really really really intentional to get a little reflection.
Speaker 2: So what the scripture is saying is if.
Speaker 3: In this time, if you looked at a mirror, you had to stare at that thing for a long time. You had to intently look, you had to look at it. So and then you get a picture of yourself. And it says you spend all that time looking in the mirror and.
Speaker 2: You walk away and forget. What does this tell me?
Speaker 3: It's not ignorance, it's unwillingness.
Speaker 2: It's not you unaware, it's just your they're unwilling.
Speaker 3: So it's not that you don't know you're unkind of people. You just don't want to become kind because you looked in the mirror, you saw it, you saw it was there, and you said, you know what, I'm good, I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness.
Speaker 3: The next scripture, what does it say, but those who catch a glimpse of the revealed council of God, the free life, even out of the corner of his eye, and sticks with it, no distracted scatter brain, but a man or woman of action. Here's the connection to John ten ten. That person will find delight and affirmation in the action.
Speaker 2: What you're looking for. It's in what you are avoiding doing right now. So the peace you're.
Speaker 3: Looking for, it's in the action that scares you the most. It's in the thing that you won't do. It's in the thing that you're worried about doing. And it's so easy to get so much information around a thing and still not.
Speaker 2: Do a thing. But I'm gonna give you three ways to act on the grace, because acting on grace works. Here's the first thing.
Speaker 3: The first thing that acting on grace does is it works in me.
Speaker 2: It works in me. It changes how I think.
Speaker 3: When you go from accepting grace to accepting and then acting on it.
Speaker 2: It starts to work in you.
Speaker 3: The scripture that this church has founded on Romans twelve, it says, don't conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. One translation says, by changing the way you think, so you can accept grace and still think crazy, perverted thoughts, crazy, just wow, I'm going to heaven. But everybody I see, I'm thinking the most ratchets stuff about because you haven't acted on the grace you've accepted.
Speaker 2: When you act on it, meaning you.
Speaker 3: Start saying, Okay, I don't want to just accept this, but I want to align my life to this. What does God say? What does his word say? Think on these things that are pure and right and holy and upstairs. When I start to act on his grace, it changes the way I think. And if you want to do something different, you're gonna have to think different. You're gonna have to think because you're doing will always revert to your thinking.
Speaker 2: So you can try to if this is what we do.
Speaker 3: Because I know back in the day you got saved, it was slam all your CDs, throw all your bad stuff and come on. So you alln't know about that, but I remember seeing some people they were smashing CDs at the altar, and that's how we.
Speaker 2: Knew you were going to heaven.
Speaker 3: I'm never listening to Guns n' Roses ever again.
Speaker 2: Really, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's that simple, but because what we do is we maximize on doing something different. And I'm not saying you shouldn't do something different, but I'm saying, if the grace hasn't acted in you and it's changed the way you think, you being fake and what you're doing any ways, because you don't even really want to do it, and you're thinking about doing what you don't want to do while you're doing what you think you're supposed to be doing it, And that's why you frustrated. I'm trying to help you. This is why you.
Speaker 2: Be like, I mean, I hate this is so dumb. I don't even want to be doing this. Why am I here?
Speaker 3: Because you haven't changed how you thought about it. So when I accept grace, it empowers me to live a new life. When I act on grace, it's me drawing on that power to saying, God, help me stop thinking about me the way I think about me and.
Speaker 2: What do you say about me?
Speaker 3: So I feel unqualified, but you say that I am called a qualified and I have everything I need to live the life you've called me to live.
Speaker 2: Let me remind myself of that every single day. I want to act on that.
Speaker 3: I want to live that way, I want to talk that way. I want to see something different in my life. When you start acting on grace changes the way you think. And if you don't change the way you think. I already said it, but I cannot stress. This is why it can be so demoralizing trying to make progress in your walk with Christ because you haven't acted on it yet, you haven't moved into it yet. The next thing that the scriptures say is that if you want to act on grace, the way it works is it works in you, and then.
Speaker 2: It starts working on you.
Speaker 3: This is what you do and how you live, and how you treat people, and how you talk, and how you move and how you move through the world.
Speaker 2: And here's what I am saying. I am saying you first say.
Speaker 3: I want to accept the grace, but I want to act on the grace and I want that to work in me. And now I want to start changing how I live.
Speaker 2: What do I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean if the Scripture says that the fruit of the spirit, the proof of the spirit, the proof that God is with you, that you have surrendered your life to Him, is love when it starts working on you. The proof that you love Jesus more is not that you pray loud. It's not that you come to church. It's not that you know worship songs. The Bible says, it's your super loving.
Speaker 2: That's how you know you're acting on the grace He gave you. Is you are super loving. You are super patient, super patient. Show up to get your food. It's late, it's wrong, not even your order, and you're like, oh, don't even worry about it. I got time, don't even I'm so sorry. We just we've had a busy day. Don't even worry about it. Don't even worry about it. Here's an extra tip.
Speaker 3: But I didn't even get your order right, It doesn't matter, It's fine, don't Hey, you're doing a great job.
Speaker 2: I see you. God loves you. Don't worry about it. Then you get in your car and it's traffic. Poof good thing. I don't live a hurried.
Speaker 3: Life, and I got plenty of time to wait here and and.
Speaker 2: Listen to some music. I can listen to a good thing.
Speaker 3: That's the spiritual thing. That's what the Bible says. You're super joyful.
Speaker 2: So you all, you have a smile on your face and you're a hap.
Speaker 3: People look forward to being around you because of how much joy you have. That's the most spiritual thing.
Speaker 2: The Bible says. Peace. You're peaceful.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, did you see the news? My answer is hearts of all. No, No, I didn't see it. I didn't, so sorry. I was too busy wrestling a three year old and my friend's kid taught my son how to do a chokehold, and so I'm wrestling. I'm waking up to a headlock in an armbar by a seven year old.
Speaker 2: So no, I didn't see the news. Because the truth is, this is this is all the news I need to be concerned about. Now listen.
Speaker 3: Please don't hear the reverse of that and be like, oh, you should just be ignorant. And no, no, no, no, I'm saying, I'm I know how much information I need to act on and have peace in my life. And the truth is, some of y'all know a lot, and it ain't doing nothing but making you anxious.
Speaker 2: You ain't doing nothing but get more worried.
Speaker 3: It's not that you go to look at the news so you can intentionally pray and plan and pray. It's just so you can talk about it with your friends and post about it and infight somebody, and then just be up late at night worried about, Oh my god, we're all gonna die.
Speaker 2: What's happening. I'm trying, my goodness, I want to run because.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to explain to all of us that the most spiritual thing, the thing that changed the world, the way this went from one guy in twelve of his friends to thousands of people was an actual power that separated them from everybody else. And as long as the church looks exactly like the world, what business do they have coming here? Why in the world, why you should come to church with me? Why you're just talking about how mad you are your spouse and you hate them?
Speaker 2: You don't why?
Speaker 3: What? What do you you hate your spouse? You're rude to your family. I never see you post all the time. I've never seen your wife. Where are they? We don't see your family? Your kids look at you and crouch. Why in the world would I ever want what you have?
Speaker 2: Oh, these people don't want God.
Speaker 3: No, they don't want your version of God because you've twisted.
Speaker 2: It so bad and he thinks they're mad at them. They want God. Let's be clear.
Speaker 3: But if you don't ever do anything with this grace, long suffering, you keep a good attitude at a job where they mistreat you, that's how they know you got something different.
Speaker 2: I'm faithful. I'm faithful. I do what I say.
Speaker 3: When I say I'm gonna do so, I do it because I'm a faithful person. This is the I promise you. This is the life Jesus is talking about. You got a lot of love, You got a lot of joy, and a lot.
Speaker 2: Of peace, patience, kindness, kindness.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you how many friends I have that their story of why they don't mess with God is because a Christian was unkind. They have no problem believing that Jesus was God, no problem being interested in a God who gives them grace, mercy, and power to become and live the life they're dreaming of. What they have problem with is people who say they believe that and are rude to them.
Speaker 2: For how they look. That's what they got problems with.
Speaker 3: So if you are supposed to represent him, I can't get to hear through you. You seem like an obstacle not helping me get there. So I would rather just distance myself from your whole joint because y'all are so mean and so judgmental, and you fight amongst yourself all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 3: This is part of the rise of why people love God and don't go to church.
Speaker 2: This is a part of it because depending.
Speaker 3: On what they wear, you're gonna look at them weird. No, I won't you look at me weird?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? Get out of here. Why this child's gone on?
Speaker 3: I am I'm so serious right now.
Speaker 2: I'm so serious because.
Speaker 3: I have friends that I love so much, and to be honest with you, to be honest with you, this is not this is a reflection of my own work.
Speaker 2: But I be nervous.
Speaker 3: I'd be trying to control who they meet first, because I know, if you meet the right person, this will go good. But if you meet the wrong person, it'll mess up all of this.
Speaker 2: And why do we gotta do that? Why can't we trust that, like, oh, you could come in and you could meet anybody. I could never be here.
Speaker 3: You could go to a different church and be beautiful.
Speaker 2: But I don't be thinking that. I'll be thinking, Okay, just come on.
Speaker 3: This day, and I need you to insu this friend that's super kind, and I need you to insuce this other friend that I know will be patient with you. And I need to make sure there's nobody around that's gonna look at you weird because you're still trying to figure some stuff out, and so just and that's because that's the story of.
Speaker 2: The church for a long time.
Speaker 4: It's because we've accepted all this grace, but we are not acting like the guy we're supposed to represent. I have a friend, his name is Alec, and he's a cyclist and.
Speaker 2: And he was in town this past week. He lives in Canada.
Speaker 3: There is a race and when I got into cycling, I immediately found like all the coolest racing teams in America. And one thing they do is they they sell like their jerseys, and so I immediately was like, I'm buying all the dopest stuff. So I got like, I had no idea what I was doing, but I showed up and the first ride I went to.
Speaker 2: Everybody thought I raced for this team, and.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh no, no, I just I just bought the jersey online. And so we had a race this past week and I had on one of these guys there's a team out of London and they're so sick and so dope, and.
Speaker 2: So I showed up.
Speaker 3: I had the jersey on, and my friend Alec was there and he's a pro cyclist. And so when I showed up, all these people who normally don't they ever talk to me, they like rolled up.
Speaker 2: And they're like yo, hey, bro like, and they were talking to my friend Alec and they're like, what are you doing here? And he was like, oh, I'm here for my boy Charles bl blah blah blah. And then they were like, oh what up, bro like and the.
Speaker 3: Man get out here. But uh, I've been here for six months. You never said nothing to me.
Speaker 2: But but this is this is funny. I'll promise it's gonna make sense.
Speaker 3: I get I get in the race and it's like forty or fifty guys and I'm locked in and then at like five life laps to go, so maybe like fifteen minutes we've been going twenty eight miles an hour in a mile loop for an hour, and my heart rate, I'm not lying to you, was two o two. My heart rate is like what? And literally another guy attacked and went and it was like five of us all the way down to the end, and I just didn't have it.
Speaker 2: At at five laps to go, I just gave up and pulled off.
Speaker 3: The road and rolled up to Alex and Alec and he was he was like, bro, what happened?
Speaker 2: And I was like, man, I just didn't have it. I just didn't have it. I just completely gave up. And he's here's the funny connection.
Speaker 3: I got home and I took off the jersey and I thought, this is why people don't be liking when you roll up in a jersey that you can't.
Speaker 2: Back up so lot.
Speaker 3: I thought that because I showed up wearing this jersey, and here's the connection, people thought that meant something about my heart cycling It's all about your heart rate, because if your heart rate gets to a certain point, it don't matter how strong you are, you just can't go with everybody else. So they saw me on the outside and I look clean, and I looked like I was about to win. But the truth is, when it came down to it, I didn't have anything to offer. No lie, I told Alex. I was like, bro, I put I took all the jerseys, all my dope jerseys.
Speaker 2: I put them. I put them away. I'm not wearing them until I get stronger. I felt so embarrassed. There's none of those people. Literally at the end of the race, they're like, what happened, man? I was like, my leg really uh? It was immediately started lying, you know, a cramp.
Speaker 3: You know. I got hit by a car actually in twenty twenty four, So my hip kind of acts up when I really get going. It's always good to have that that really did happen to me, so I can pull that up as an.
Speaker 2: Excuse at any moment.
Speaker 3: What happened, Well, I got ran over by a reindeer, so it's kind of weird. Here's my closer I today, Acting on grace works in you, works on you, and then and then the most beautiful thing is it starts to work through you. It starts to work through you. It starts to work through you, meaning the people around you start to realize there's something different about you. There's something I don't know what it is, but there's something. They just seem like there's something different about them. It's just kind of how they I don't know, but there's something. And how they talk there's something, and how they they look. They're always excited to see me. I know, we be at work and the boss be yelling, but they don't seem to get worked up. There's something different because you accepted his grace, but now you're trying to act on his grace and you wanted to show up in your life. And all I'm saying this morning is my most beautiful moments with Jesus have not happened in this church in a building. They've happened when I was outside of the church trying to act on.
Speaker 2: What I've accepted.
Speaker 3: It was in the function of telling my friends about God and that I was anxious and depressed, and He did something about it then, like really, I was like, yes, And you don't have to be if you don't want to be anxious anymore, here's the cool thing you don't got to be.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, what I gotta do.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do is you just talk to God and you there's a thing called prayer, and when you pray, it's like you trade all your.
Speaker 2: Anxiety and just gives you peace. Well, what I gotta do?
Speaker 3: Nothing really, just you just every day. You just got to learn how to keep giving it to him. Really, that's yes, that's the Oh my god, it's the best. And then when you get overwhelmed, you remind yourself that like he he's in control anyways, and.
Speaker 2: You didn't get yourself there.
Speaker 3: And it's like when you get super pressurized, you remember, like he's got a plan that's so much bigger than my plan.
Speaker 2: And what in the world isn't so great? It's been an acting.
Speaker 3: It's been acting and out where it shows up around.
Speaker 2: And it shows up through my life. We're about to get out of here. And my prayer is that.
Speaker 3: If you have ever felt that way, he felt like, man, I'm following Jesus, but.
Speaker 2: I don't feel fulfilled. My encouragement.
Speaker 3: Is to take one truth about Jesus that you've accepted. Maybe he's a healer. Maybe you've accepted that he gives second chances. Maybe you've accepted that he's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.
Speaker 2: Maybe you've accepted that he gives peace in the middle of the storm.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've accepted that he's a strong tower and those who run in are safe. Maybe you've accepted that the Gospel can change your heart. Maybe you've accepted what I don't know what it is for you, but one truth you've accepted, and this week.
Speaker 2: I want you to spend the whole week acting on that one truth.
Speaker 3: So if God is a healer, what would I be doing in my week differently than I don't.
Speaker 2: Do right now? Oh that's a dangerous that's.
Speaker 3: A that's a dangerous that's a dangerous Christian right there?
Speaker 2: If I knew God.
Speaker 3: Healed anybody, anybody's sick in here?
Speaker 2: Anybody not feeling good? Is there anybody who doesn't? You're good, You're fine, you're hippis? Or what is it? What's what's hurting right there? Oh you're left? Okay, your left?
Speaker 3: This is because that sounds crazy. But that's the thing you'd be shouting about in the book is that they walk past.
Speaker 2: People and their shadows healed people. So if we're trying to live like that, you can't just read himok. Wow, that's good. You gotta walk out.
Speaker 3: And be like, oh, man, if I see somebody who ain't feeling good.
Speaker 2: I promise you, I'm about to pray for.
Speaker 3: Them so fast because I'm trying to act on what I've accepted. If you knew that God could give peace in the middle of the storm, how would you be talking to your family that you ain't talking to him like right now? If you knew that God had the whole world in his hands and he had a plan for.
Speaker 2: Your child before you knew them, he knew them.
Speaker 3: How would you talk to your kid if you knew God had them and they're okay, and He's got a perfect plan for their life, and he's gonna protect them, and he's gonna keep them, and he's got more than enough grace for every mistake they'll make.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna keep them. And I'm gonna raise them in the way they should go. But I trust my God. How would you raise your kids if you were acting on what you said you've accepted.
Speaker 3: How patient would you be if you knew that He's a God that gave mercies new every morning?
Speaker 5: How would you talk to yourself differently? If you knew God was pleased with you. He's pleased with you, He's pleased with you. If you acted on that. How would you show up? What type of husband would you be? What type of wife would you be?
Speaker 3: If you and this is where I'm saying that John ten ten life, it's in that.
Speaker 2: It's in the action that we sometimes avoid.
Speaker 3: Every head bow, every eye closed, two groups of people. If you're in here or under the sound of my voice, you're watching this, you're listening to this, and the idea of that super fulfilled life like tons of joy, tons of peace, and overwhelming sense.
Speaker 2: Of gratitude and love.
Speaker 3: If that feels really far away, it feels a distant, it feels like, man, I experience that sometimes but not all the time.
Speaker 2: But I want that life. If you're in here and.
Speaker 3: You want to try to take the step of acting on grace, you want to see what this book talks about show.
Speaker 2: Up in your real life. Every head bout, every eye close.
Speaker 3: You're saying, I want to act on grace more. If that's you, I'm gonna ask you just to slip up your hand.
Speaker 2: I want to say, I pray for you.
Speaker 3: You want to act on grace more? God, you see our hands and we want to be stuck saying we believe something that we haven't done. Help us to do what we have confessed to believe. Help us to be people who have faith that moves past just a moment and shows up in our action. God, would you change the way we think?
Speaker 2: Would you help us change the way we think? Would you help us change.
Speaker 3: How we think about ourselves, think about our friends, think about our family?
Speaker 2: Would you help us to act on your grace?
Speaker 3: Every hand down, every head still bowed, everybody is still close. If you're in here, there's a beautiful first step you can take, and that is to accept the grace. And the good news is that's really your only part in this puzzle is to accept. You ain't got to work, you ain't got to strive, You ain't got to pretend, you ain't got to prove it. You accept the grace of God. Last weekend we celebrated Easter, and the story of Easter is the good news of the Gospel. And here's the good news. The good news is God has paid for all the mistakes you have ever made, will ever make, and have thought about making.
Speaker 2: He's already paid the price. So why does he have to pay the price.
Speaker 3: Because it's clear when we sin, when we make a mistake, there's a cost associated with it. Just like if you make a mistake or you lie in a relationship, it strains the relationship.
Speaker 2: That is a cost. And Jesus died on a cross to.
Speaker 3: Pay the ultimate price for our sin so that we have to live in shame, that we don't have to live in guilt, that we don't have to live under pressure and performance, but we can live under his grace. And if you're in this room, or you're watching online, or you're listening to this, this is the moment where your life will change forever if you want to accept Jesus. And I'm not talking about no fake get into Heaven card.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about I.
Speaker 3: Want my life to look radically different. I want peace and I want an abundance of it. I want love and I want an abundance of it. I want joy and I want all of it. I'm not talking about settling for pretending and raising your hands and doing just the bare minimum. I'm talking about you are sick of your old life and you want a brand new start. Today this is your moment. This is what Jesus is about. He's always loved you, he's always been there for you, and today is that day. If you want to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior. I'm about to count three. And when I count to three, if you want to make that decision, I want you to raise your hand. Now.
Speaker 2: Here's why you're gonna raise your hand.
Speaker 3: You're not raising your hand for anybody else around you. You're raising your hand to let your mind, your soul, and your body. No, I don't just feel this on the inside, but I'm gonna act on it on the outside because I know that this is a faith about action. So if you want to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, I'm gonna counter three. Then you're gonna raise your hand.
Speaker 2: One. He loves you.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 2: Today is the day of salvation. Do not weigh another day.
Speaker 3: Three, right now, in this room and online, lift your hand if you want to accept Jesus.
Speaker 2: I got you. I'm so proud of you. I see you, sister, so proud of you, so proud of you. A family back here together, right here on the front road.
Speaker 3: I see you, so proud of everybody here online, everybody out loud.
Speaker 2: Would you pray out loud.
Speaker 3: Together, everybody repeat after me, say Dear God, I love you, Thank you for loving me. Dear Jesus, I admit I've made mistakes, Save me, change me, make me new, and your name.
Speaker 2: I pray. Amen.
Speaker 3: Hey, can we celebrate people who just made that choice.
Speaker 2: So proud of you. Hey, listen, here's a couple of.
Speaker 3: Things before we get out of here, and just a moment, our worship team is gonna sing and we're gonna have some team members come up down to the front. If you need prayer for anything, nothing too big, nothing too small.
Speaker 2: You need prayer for anything in your life or.
Speaker 3: Something powerful that happens when we pray. Some of you, maybe you gotta head out. You're gonna grab your kiddos and have but maybe some of you're gonna stay. Our worship teams just gonna lead us in worship. The Bible says that God inhabits the praises of his people. Something beautiful can happen there. But I want to encourage you to join us for family dinner tonight if you have space and time. And then the last thing, if you gave your life to Christ, let us know. Text the word saved to the number on the screen and you can scan the QR code.
Speaker 2: But we're so proud of you, Lord God. I thank you for today. I thank you that this week we are acting on what we believe.
Speaker 3: We thank you for your grace, for your love and your mercy. It's in the beautiful name of Jesus we pray, and everybody said amen, Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, thank you for joining us today. If you said that prayer and accept it Jesus into your heart, it's the best decision you could ever make. We want to celebrate with you, and we have some tools to help you on your journey. Text saved to A two eight two eight two and to find out more about TC text connect to A two eight two eight two. Be sure to subscribe and share this podcast with your friends. Thanks for listening. Now go out out and live a transform life.