Speaker 1: The disclaimer to the fair season Karen's out there, Oh dare you? All guests only show do not reflect the opinions of the host. The purpose of the show is to have interesting conversations, stretch our minds and grow, not what we want. If you are looking for an echo chamber viewer and listener discretion, He's.
Speaker 2: Admised you talk about extreme anoledge crime, we will guilty from the sun. They don't fear the questions, they fear the fuck so we see thee They contenting the corasy, but by the darn show.
Speaker 3: What Hey guys, what is happening? And what is amen? Hold out that glass because you know what time it is.
Speaker 1: Hey man, We're going to fill it up. Welcome to the Premitteous Lens Podcast, the place where the conversations are always in the lightning. I am your host, Doc Brown, and here we'd like to use the allegory of the Prometheus Lens. Take a second look at everything.
Speaker 3: Hey man.
Speaker 1: If you are new to this channel, hey, welcome to the Hero's Journey. Please be sure and hit that.
Speaker 2: Light button, man, huh, and.
Speaker 1: Be sure to hit that subscribe button. Be sure check us the banner out down below. Why I got you attention. That's all of our social media is that the various platforms join us on there. You will not regret it. Okay, do yourself a favor. But guys, welcome back to another reading. Man thirty thirty shows into this reading. Man, this gon be be a mente behave. It's worth it, man, you got to dig in deep. I actually started reading out of the Golden Bough again last week, so I'll try to pick that back up for you guys. And just a shout out man to the people that have supported my GoFundMe for the Israel trip. Man, you guys are amazing. I'm speechless at your generosity. Man.
Speaker 3: I'm just so thankful for you, guys, and I want you.
Speaker 1: To know, by my heart, man, I appreciate it. Of this something I've always wanted to do, and so.
Speaker 3: Thank you for helping me.
Speaker 1: Guys. But man, yeah, man, it's another week. We're one week closer to Brove Grove. I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: We got that coming up.
Speaker 1: That's on the August eighth, that's this coming Saturday.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: Thursday, I will fly down to Florida and joining with Stephen from the biblical hit men and be hanging out of his new house. He invited me to stay with him, and so we're going to spend the weekend together and then go to bro Grove on Saturday. There can be a lot of fun, man, a lot of a lot of podcas casting buddies. You're going to be there. So if you are in the Wildwood, Florida area, do yourself another favor. Come go check out bro Grove. Man, you have a real good time. This is my second year. First year i went, I had a excellent time, so I'm sure this one will be no different. Top and Raven do a real good job at putting on a good show. And it's just fun because, I mean, you get a little bit of everything. You get a little bit conspiracy, you get some round tables with different podcasters, and then you even get some comedy in there, so you get a shmortgash board of entertainments. Well, if you guys are ready, before we get into it, just a disclaimer if you are new and this is your first time here, we are reading through Lewis and Ginsburg Legends of the Jews. This is not canon, this is not scripture, So I'm not saying, thus said the Lord here. But this is legends. This is traditions and oral traditions and their mythologies, all their different stories and legends, all just compiled by this guy named Lewis Ginsburg. He went through and compiled them all and put them into us series of books. So in the very least, it's a good cultural deep dive. You kind of get to go back in time and step into the shoes of the ancient people and see what they believe. Man, and a lot of this stuff it ties right into the Bible. I mean, for me, when I see it's just like a hand and glove. But of course, like anything, you know, when you're eating chicken, you get some bones. So when we find those bones, we just throw them over our shoulder and keep going. But guys, let's get don into this. I know you guys are ready. I sometimes get a little long winded in these intros, so we'll just try to cut to the chase. Here. Let me switch my screen. We'll go to share scream. I don't get everything adjusted. And for those that don't know, last time we let off or yeah, we signed off. At the selling of Joseph, his brothers got tired of his mouth talking about how he's going to rule over them and strutting around in that priestley E. Fodd saying that the stars of heaven even bowed before him, and so will his brothers. So they had enough. They're like, okay, now we're gonna throw you down in a hole.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It'll be like Alice in chains, down in a hole. Yeah, I'm sorry. So we're picking up here and it's Joseph's Three Masters. So I'm assuming, uh, we're now in Egypt. We have arrived.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Let me adjust this a little bit. Where you go there we go bangor rang ruffe? Oh, mad packs?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: And brother, what's happening? Welcome, welcome, okay, here we go, all right, Joseph three Masters. As a rule, the only merchandise with which the Ishmaelights loaded their camels was pitch and the skins of beasts. By a providential dispensation, they carried bags of perfumery. This time, instead of their usual ill smelling freight. The sweet fragrance might be wafted to Joseph on his journey to Egypt. These aromatic substances were well suited to Joseph, whose body emended a pleasant smell. And what's kind of funny too, is that kind of ties into the garments. If you guys remember in Genesis it talks about when Jacob I'm sorry, yeah, Jacob, when he goes to deceive his father. It says that he puts on, you know, the wooly garment, you know, to try to fool his dad, his brother Esau. But then it also says that Rebecca goes into Esau's tent and takes his special garment. So he takes his special garment, which we know from the Book of Jasher is the priestly e fod the aka the coat of many colors. So he passed it on to his son Joseph. But when he went into his father's tent, he even remarks about his smell. I've heard some commentators like Joseph, not Josephas. Rashi said that he thinks that it was the the fragrance of heaven, a sweet smelling fragrance, you know, from heaven that was coming off of the garments. So that was his opinion of But I kind of pitched around, maybe he was just foul smelling, you know, because he said, oh, you even smell of the field, my son. You know you get the stinky smells from sasquatch. Oh man, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Max.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, bro very very much. We'll give you air horn. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: So I continue on, but I've just seen that, and I wanted to bring it up. Whose body emitted a pleasant smell and pervasive that the road along which he traveled was redolent thereof, And on his arrival in Egypt, the perfume from his body spread over the whole land, and the royal princesses, following the sweet scent to trace its source, reached the place in which Joseph was. Even after his death, the same fragrance was spread abroad by his bones, enabling Moses to distinguish Joseph's remains from all the others and keep the oath of the children of Israel to enter them into the Holy Land. When Joseph learned that the Ishmaelites were carrying him into Egypt, he began to weep bitterly at the thought of being removed so far from Canaan and from his father. One of the Ishmaelites noticed Joseph's weeping and crying, and thinking that he found writing uncomfortable, he lifted him from the back of the camel and permitted him to walk on foot. But Joseph continued to weep and sob crying incessantly. Father Father, another one of the caravan, tried of his lamentations beat him, causing only the more tears and wales, until the youth, exhausted by his grief, was unable to move on. Now, all the Ishmaelites in the company out blows to him. They treated him with the relentless cruelty and tried to silence him by threats. God saw Joseph's distress, and he sent darkness in terror upon the Ishmaelites, and their hands grew rigid when they raised them to inflict a blow. Astonished, they asked themselves why God did thus unto them, and upon the road they did not know that it was for the sake of Joseph. The journey continued until they came to Ephrath, the place of rachel Sepulcher. Joseph hastened to his mother's grave, and throwing himself across it, he groaned and cried, saying, O Mother Mother, that didst thou bear me. Come forth and see how thy son hath been sold into slavery, with none to take pity upon him. Arise, see thy son, and weep for me over my misfortune, and observe the heartlessness of my brethren. Awake, o Mother, arise thyself from thy sleep. Rise up and prepare for the conflict with my brethren, who stripped me even of my shirt and sold me as a slave to a merchantman. Arise, o mother, awake from thy sleep. See how thy father is with me in his soul and in his spirit, and comfort him and ease his heavy heart. Joseph wept and cried upon the grave of his mother, until weary from grief, he lay immobile as a stone. Then he heard a voice, heavy with tears speak to him from the depths, saying, my son, Joseph, my son, I heard thy complaints in thy groans, I saw thy tears, and I knew thy misery. My son, I am grieved for thy sake, and thy flick is added to the burden of my affliction. But my son, Joseph, put thy trust in God and wait upon him. Fear not, for the Lord is with thee, and he will deliver thee from all evil. Go down into Egypt with thy masters, my son, fear not, for the Lord is with thee, O, my son, this and much more liking to it. Did the voice utter, and then it was silent. Joseph listened in great amazement at first, and then he broke out in renewed tears, angered thy. Thereby one of the Ishmaelites drove him from his mother's grave with kicks and curses. Then Joseph entreated his masters to take him back to his father, who would give them great riches as a reward. But they said, while thou art a slave, how canst thou know whether thy father is? If thou hast had a free man as father, thou wouldst not have been sold twice for a petty sum. In their fury against him increased, they beat him and mail treated him, and he wept bitter tears. Now God looked upon the distress of Joseph, and he set darkness and shrouded the land once more. A storm raged, and lightning flashed, and from the thunderbolts the whole earth trembled, and the Ishmaelites lost their way. In their terror, the beasts and the camels stood still and beat them as their drivers would. They refused to budge from the spot, but crouched down upon the ground. Then the Ishmaelites spoke to another and said, why hath God brought this upon us? What are our sins? What is our trespasses? What such things befall us? One of them said to the others preadventure, this hath come upon us by reason of the sin which we have committed against this slave. Let us beg him earnestly to grant us forgiveness. And if then God will take pity and let these storms pass from us, we shall know that we have suffered harm on the account of the injury we inflicted upon the slave. You know, so this kind of sounds like the story of Jonah. Remember he was on the ship and all the storms came, and they was like, oh, what is this is happening to us? And finally, you know, Jonah comes forwards like, oh, it's because of me. I disobeyed God, and now I'm on the run trying to run, So just throw me in. The Ishmaelites did according to these words, and they said, unto Joseph, we have sinned against God and against thee pray to Thy God and entreat him to take his death plague from us, for we acknowledge that we have sinned against him. Joseph fulfilled their wish, and God hearkened unto their petition, and the storm was a surged. All around became calm, The beast arose from their recumbent position, and the caravan could proceed upon its way. Now the Ishmaelites saw plainly that all their trouble had come to them for the sake of Joseph, and they spoke to one another, saying, we know now that all this evil hath happened to us on the account of this poor fellow, and therefore should we bring death upon ourselves by our own doings, let us take counsel together, that is to be done with the slave. One of them advised that Joseph's wished to be fulfilled and be taken back to his father, then they would be sure of receiving the money they had paid out for him. This plan was rejected because they had accomplished a great part of their journey and they were not too inclined to retrace their steps. They therefore resolved upon carrying Joseph to Egypt, and seeing him there, they would rid themselves of this rid themselves of him in this way, and also receive a great price for him. They continued their journey as far as the borders of Egypt, and there they met four men descendants of medin Or meeting the son of Abraham, and to these they sold Joseph for five shekels. The two companies, the Ishmaelites and the Midian Knights, arrived in Egypt upon the same day. The latter, hearing that Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, the captain of the guard, was seeking a good slave, repared to him at once to try to dispose of Joseph. To him, Potiphar was willing to pay as much as four hundred pieces of silver, and a high as price was, it did not seem too great for the slave that pleased him, and much as Joseph. However, they made a condition. He said to the Midianites, I will pay you the price demanded, but you must bring me the person that sold the slave to you, that I may be in the position to find out all about him. For the youth seems to me to be neither a slave nor a son of a slave. He appears to be of noble blood. I must convince myself that he is not stolen. The median Knites brought the ishmael Lights to Potiphar, and they testified that Joseph was a slave, that they had owned him and sold him to the Midianites. Potipar rested. Satisfied with this report, he paid the price that they asked for Joseph, and the Midianites and the ishmael Lights went their separate ways. So here we get their their journey down to Egypt, and they follow some troubles and they start praying, you know, or talking amongst themselves. It's like, oh my god, what are we gonna do with this dude? I mean, he's got with us all these troubles end up just taking him on down and getting rid of him. So you get a little extra context to this story. Oh no, thank you, Garrett, looking good with them ears lowered.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie. I miss I miss I miss having it back there a little bit. I don't miss the heat from it, though, So I think it'll I have the snowbird hair. I'll keep the mullet short in the summertime in the wintertime. I'll let it grow out, bring it back for winter. Okay, Joseph's coat brought to his father. And just a little tidbit, I'll say this where I get started. I find it very interesting. I talk about it in the book too, the Epic of Esaul. It's like a foreshadowing of Christ almost because a lot of people don't realize is that the Jewish people believed in two Messiah's. So they believed in the Yosiah ben Joseph, which was Joseph, and then the Coming Messiah was the you know, supposed to be the conquering king to overthrow the you know, their captors and things like that. So I think we see though that coat of many colors that priestly ephod on Jesus in revelation, and if we remember, he comes in on a white horse, and it describes this beautiful garment he's wearing it on the thighs is the king of King's lord of lords. And then it says that there's blood stains, you know, all the way up to the bridle, so you know, he's stained in blood and trampled all over you in blood. I threw out the idea, you know, could this possibly be like God, you know, trying to as a last resort, trying to show his stiff necked people that don't believe that he's the Messiah. It's like, okay, you believe in this. Josiah and Joseph and his garment was taken and dipped in blood and returned to his father. So now here I am the returning king with this garment on and with the bloodstains, just like Joseph. Because I think we see that even with the Moses, they had Moses in such high regard. If you pay attention to the story of Jesus, they stacked pretty much everything that Moses did side by side with Jesus. But where Moses failed, Jesus succeeded. So it's kind of showing them how you put so much stock in this dude? Right here, man, Look I'm better in every way. For instance, they flee, both of them flee to Egypt to be saved because a king is trying to kill the first borns, right, So Moses and Jesus go to Egypt, and that's how they escape death. They both go through the waters. Moses goes through the Red Sea and goes into the wilderness for forty years, and it's tempted, you know, and tested, and then they fell repeatedly. Jesus is baptized, he goes through the water.
Speaker 3: What does he do.
Speaker 1: He goes to the wilderness for forty days and it's tempted by Satan, but surpasses every single test. Right, So you have these, you know, correlations, and even Moses holding up the staff with the bronze serpent. You know, they said he's on a pole that's lifted up, just as Christ is lifted up on a pole. So I find that stuff interesting. I kind of nerd out on that kind of stuff, but I'll read here it says no sooner was the sale of Joseph an accomplished fact than the sons of Jacob repented of their deed. They even hastened to act the Medianites to ransom Joseph, but their efforts were overtaken them. Their efforts to overtake them were in vain, and they had to accept the inevitable. Meantime, Reuben had rejoined his brethren. He had been so deeply absorbed in penance, in praying and studying the Torah in expectation of his sin against his father that he had not been able to remain with his brethren and tend the flocks, and thus it happened that he was not on the spot when Joseph was sold. His first errand was to go to the pit in the hope of finding Joseph there. In that case he would have carried him off and restored him to his father clandestinely, without the knowledge of his brethren. He stood at the opening and called again and again Joseph, Joseph. As he received no answer, he concluded that Joseph had perished, either by reason of terror or the result of a snake bite, and need it into the pit, only to find that he was not there, either living nor dead. He mounted to the top again and rent his clothes and cried out, the lad is not here, and what answer shall I give to my father if he be dead? Then Reuben returned it to his brethren and told them that Joseph had vanished from the pit, Whereat he was deeply grieved because he, being the eldest of the sons, was responsible for their father Jacob, the brethren made a clean breast of what they had done with Joseph. So I guess you I mean, they got it off their chest, you know, so to speak. And they related to him how they had tried to make good their evil deed, and how their efforts had been in vain. Now there remained nothing to do but invent a plausible explanation for their brother's disappearance to give to Jacob. First of all, however, they took an oath not to be tray to his father or any human being what they had actually done with Joseph. He who violated the oath would be put to the sword by the rest. Then they took counsel together about what to say to Jacob, and was Iscar's advice to tear Joseph's coat of many colors and dip it into the blood of a little kid of the goats, and make Jacob believe that his son had been torn by wild beasts. The reason he suggested a kid was because its blood looks like human blood. And expect expectation of this act, I guess it's just spelt weird, or it looks weird to me. In expectation of this active deception, it was ordaining that a kid be used as a atonement sacrifice. When the tabernacle was dedicated. Simon opposed this suggestion. He did not want to relinquish Joseph's coat, and he threatened to huge anyone that should attempt to wrest it from him by force, because he knew how important it was. You know, this was the supernatural garment from the garden of God, the birthright. This was the birthright. The reason for his vehemence was that he was very much enraged against his brethren for not having slain Joseph. But they threatened him in turning, saying, if that will not give up the coat, we shall say that thou didst execute the evil deed thyself, oh blackmailed him. At that Simon surrendered it, and nef Talley brought it to Jacob, handing it to him with the words, when we were dividing our herds homeward, we found this garment covered in blood and dust, upon the highway a little beyond. Shechem no now whether it be thy Son's coat or not. Jacob recognized Joseph's coat, and, overwhelmed by grief, he fell prostrate a long lay on his ground, motionless like a stone. Then he arose and set up a loud cry, and wept. It is my son's coat. In great haste, Jacob dispatched a slave to his sons to bid them to come to him, that he might learn more about what had happened in the evening. They all came, their garments rent and dust shone upon their heads. When they confirmed that Neftali had told him, broke out in mourning and lamentation. It is my son's coat. An evil beast has devoured him. Joseph is without doubt torn in pieces. I sent him to you to see whether it was well with you and well with the flock. He went to do my errand, and while I thought him to be with you, the misfortune befell there too. The sons of Jacob made reply, he came to us not at all. Since we left there, we have not seen our set eyes upon him. After these words, Jacob could doubt no longer that Joseph had been torn by wild beasts, and he mourned for his sons, saying, oh, my un Joseph, my son. I sent thee to inquire after the welfare of thy brethren, and now thout torn by wild beasts. It is my fault that this evil chance hath come upon THEE. I am distressed for THEE, My son, I am sorely distressed. How sweet was thy life to me? And how bitter is thy death? Would God I had died for THEE, O Joseph, my son. For now I am distressed on thy account, my son, Joseph, war art thou, and where is thy soul? Arise? Arise from thy place and look upon my grief for THEE. Come and count the tears that roll down my cheeks, and bring the tale of them before God, that his wrath be turned away from me, O Joseph, my son, How painful and appalling was thy death? None hath died a death like dying since the world doth stand. I know well that it came to pass by reason of my sins, and thou wouldst returned and see the bitter sorrow thy misfortune hath brought upon me. But it is true it was not I that created THEE and formed THEE. I gave THEE neither spirit nor soul. But God created THEE. He formed thy bones, covered them with flesh, breathed the breath of life into the nostrils, and then gave thee unto me. Then, God, who gave thee unto me, he hath taken thee from me, and from him, hath his dispensation come upon me. What the Lord doeth is well done. In these words, and many others like them, Jacob mourned and bewailed his son until he fell to the ground, prostrate and immovable. We wept by whistle. When the sons of Jacob saw that the vehemence of their father's grief, they repented of their deed and wept bitterly, especially Judah Griff streaking that's sorry, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He laid his father's head upon his knees and wiped his tears away as they flowed from his eyes, while he himself broke out in violent weeping. The sons of Jacob and their wives all soought to comfort their father. They arranged a great memorial service, and they wept and mourned over Joseph's death and over their father's sorrow, but Jacob refused to be comforted. The tidings of his son's death cost the loss of two members of Jacob's family. Bill Ha and Dinah could not survive their grief. Bill Ha passed away that very day, whereupon the report reached Jacob and Dina soon died after, and so he had three losses to mourn in one month. He received the tidings of Joseph's death in the seventh month of tissery, and on the tenth day of the month. And therefore the children of Israel are bidden to will and afflict their souls on this day. Furthermore, on this day the sin offering of atonement shall be a kid of the goats, because the sons of Jacob transgressed with a kid, and in the blood of which they dip Joseph's coat, And thus they brought sorrow upon Jacob. When he had recovered somewhat from the stunning blow which the tidings of his favorite of the tidings of his favorite son's death had dealt him, Joseph rose up from the ground and addressed his son's tears streaming down his cheeks. All the while up he said, take your swords and your bows. Go out into the field and make search. Perhaps you will find the body of my son, and you will bring it to me, so that I may bury it. Keep a lookout too for beasts of prey, and catch the first that you meet, Seize it and bring it to me. It may be that God will have pity upon my sorrow and put the beast between your hands that has torn my child into pieces, and I will take my revenge upon it. The sons of Jacob set out on the morrow to do the bidding of their father, while he remained at home and wept and lamented for Joseph. In the wilderness, they found a wolf, which they caught and brought to Jacob alive, saying, here is the first wild beast we encountered, and we have brought it to thee. But of thy son's corpse we saw not a trace. Jacob seized the wolf, and amid loud weeping, he addressed these words to him. Why didst thou devour my son Joseph without any fear of God of the Earth, and without taking any thought of the grief thou wouldst bring upon me? Thou didst devour my son without reason? He was guilty of no manner of transgression, And thou didst roll the responsibility of his death upon me. But God avengeth him that he is persecuted. To grant consolation to Jacob, God opened the mouth of the beat and he spake as the Lord liveth who hath created me, And as thy soul liveth, my Lord, I have not seen thy son, and I did not rend him in peaces. From a land far off, I came to seek my own son, who suffered a like fate with thine. He hath disappeared, and I know not whether he be dead or alive. And therefore I came hither ten days ago to find him. This day, while I was searching for him, thy sons met me, and they seized me, and adding more grief to my grief over the loss of my son, they brought me hither to THEE. This is my story, And now, son of Man, I am in thy hands. Thou canst dispose of me this day, as you seeth well in thy sight. But I swear unto THEE by the God that hath created me, I have not seen thy son, nor have I torn him to peaces. Neither the flesh of the man, neither the flesh of man has came into my mouth. Astonished at the speech of the wolf, Jacob let him go unhindered whatsoever he would, But he mourned his son Joseph. As before, it is a law of nature that however much one may grief over the death of a dear one at the end of the year, constellation finds its way to the heart of the mourner, But the disappearance of a living man can never be wiped out of one's memory. Therefore, the fact that he is inconsolable made Jacob suspect that Joseph was alive, and he did not give entire credence to the report of his sons. His vague suspicion was strengthened by something that happened to him. He went up into the mountains, hewed twelve stones out of the quarry and wrote the names of his sons thereon their constellations and their months corresponding to the constellations. And this is something you find even in the blessings of these children in Genesis.
Speaker 3: I believe it is.
Speaker 1: He compares them to certain animals, and if you look at the animals, it's constellations. And it's crazy when you read you know, the wilderness wanderings. It gives such detail of how the encampment was laid out, and so you could imagine it said, you know x amount of people on this side, you know x amount of people in this certain tribe on this side, x amount of people of this tribe on the northern side, and x amount of people you know in this certain tribe on the southern and have the tabernacle in the center. So I first heard this from Trace Smith from Gott in a nutshell, and he laid out the numbers and he drew it on a whiteboard, and there was even a mount to the left and to the right a similar amount up top, but then there was like twice as much on the bottom. And he said, so you can imagine the holiest of holies was in the center. He said, all the campfires going on. He said, it's a huge flaming cross moving across the desert floor. And he talked about that. He said, so you can imagine, even on the day of Atonement, he said, the high priest is wearing the ephod, he's sprinkling the blood on the mercy seat. And that's when that was the only time they were allowed to recite you know, the holy you know name of God. You know, they had so much reverence. They wouldn't speak it. They'd just say Lord or out of nigh. They would not say, you know, the the jodhevav Hey the Yahweh, and but that was the one time they did. And so Trey was like, yo, So you can imagine. He said this, all these campfires going, He said, night God. Looking down upon the tabernacle, it's this huge cross on the desert floor with the holiest of holies in the center, and there's the high priest sprinkling the blood, saying the sacred secret name of God. And he said, when you break down those especially like in the Paleo Hebrew, those letters basically say in pictorial form, behold the hand, behold the nail. So I mean, he's like that, that's just amazing. Here's this cross. They're sprinkling the blood for atonement, and they're saying, you know, behold the hand, behold the nail. So it's like, you know, another foreshadowing of Christ. But I'll continue. Sorry, I get off on tangents sometime, guys. But their constellations and their months corresponding to the constellations. A stone for a son, thus Reuben, Ram and Nissan, and so for each of his twelve sons. Then he addressed the stones and bade them to bow down before the one marked with Reuben's name, constellation and month and they did not move. He gave the same order regarding the stone mark for Simon, and again the stone stood still. And he did, respecting all his sons, until he reached the stone for Joseph. When he spoke concerning this one, I command you to fall down before Joseph, they all prostrated themselves. He tried the same test with the other things, with trees and with sheaves, and always the result was the same, and Jacob could not but feel that his suspicion was true. Joseph was alive. And that correlates to the story in Genesis. If you remember, you know Joseph, I'm sorry, Jacob gets the coat, gets the priestly epot from Esau. Right, that was that exchange I told you about. Rebecca went into Esau's tent and took his special garment and placed it upon Jacob, because that was the birth right that went to the eldest son, and they were placing the birth right upon Jacob. So Jacob had it, and he gave it to Joseph, that the child of his old age, whom he loved exceedingly, which is the same way they described Cush giving the garments to Nimrod. It said Nimrod was the child of his old age, whom he loved exceedingly, and he bestowed upon him the garments. But the Book of Genesis says, or when you'll notice when you read that he's kind of a normal kid or guy. He puts on this garment, then all of a sudden, all kinds of supernatural stuff starts happening. He starts getting dreams, he starts getting visions, and he ends up going to his brothers, you remember, and he says, brothers, I have his dream. And man, he said, the the wheat of the field bow before me. And we know all the stories and parables of Jesus talking about wheat. You know, that's people, humanity. And he says, even the stars of heaven bow before me, you know, the angelic hoast, so heaven and earth. He's you know, he's favored by all. And he says, and even you, my brothers, will bow before me. And that's when it was like a hell, no, you gotta go, bro, you gotta go. Uh So, I thought that was pretty interesting, which I cover that kind of in depth in my book The empicabe Saw. But I thought that was very very telling. Let me get a drink real quick. Sorry, I.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: There was a reason why God did not reveal the real fate of Joseph to Jacob. When his brethren soul Joseph, their fear that the report of their iniquity might reach the ears of Jacob led them to pronounce the ban upon any that should betray the truth without the consent of all the others. Judah advanced in objection that a ban is invalid unless it is decreed in the presence of ten persons, and there were but nine of them, for Reuben and Benjamin were not there when they at the sale of Joseph was concluded. To evade the difficulty, the brothers counted God as the tenth person, and therefore God felt bound to refrain from revealing the true state of the things of Jacob. He had regard as it were, for the ban pronounced by the brethren of Joseph, and as God kept the truth a secret from Jacob, Isaac did not feel justified in acquainting him with his grandson's fate, which was well known to him, for he was a prophet. Whenever he was in the company of Jacob, he mourned with him, But as soon as he quitted him, he left off from manifesting grief because he knew that Joseph lived. Jacob was thus the only one among Joseph's closest kinsmen that remained in ignorance of his son's real fortunes. And he was the one I'm sorry, And he was the one of them all that had the greatest reason for regretting his death. He spoke the covenant that God made with me, regarding the twelve tribes as null and void. Now I did strive in vain to establish the twelve tribes, seeing that now the death of Joseph hath destroyed the covenant. All the works of God were made to correspond to the number of the tribes. Twelve are the signs of the zodiac, twelve the months, twelve hours in the day, twelve hours in the night, and twelve stones are set upon aaron's breastplate. And now that Joseph had the part of the covenant of the tribes is set at knot. Oh, speaking of the knot and none, I'll tell you a little corny joke I heard the other day, and write this down. H Okay, who is the shout out to chief Joseph. He's the first person I heard this from. But he said, justin you know who the only person in the Bible that was said to have neither father nor mother. And I looked at him and I was like, hmm, I said, malkizedec that said that he's without beginning or end, so therefore he had no father or mother. And he kind of stopped for me and he's like, yeah, I guess you're right. I didn't think of that. He said, but that's not the punchline. I said, what's the punchline. He said, it's a Joshua and I said Joshua. He said, yeah, that from the con quest he was Joshua the son of None. And I was like, okay, that's a cute, little corny joke there. Yeah, Joshua the son of none. Okay, I'll keep going. Sorry. He could not replace the last son by entering into a new marriage, for he had made the promise to his father in law to take none besides his daughters to wife, and this promise, as he interpreted it, held good after the death of Laban's daughters as well as they were alive. Besides grief over his loss and regret at the breaking of the covenant of the tribes. Jacob had still another reason for mourning, the death of Joseph. God has said to Jacob, if none of thy sons dies during thy lifetime, thou mayst look upon it as a token that thou will be put to be put in Gehinnah after thy death. Thinking Joseph to be dead, Jacob had his own fate to be well too, for he now believed that he was doomed to Gehinnah. His morning lasted all of twenty two years, corresponding to the number of the years that he had dwelt apart from his parents and had not fulfilled the duty of a son toward them. In his morning, Jacob put sackcloth upon his loins, and therein he became a model for the kings and princes in Israel. For David, ahab, Jerome and Mordecai did likewise when a great misfortune befell the nation. Let's see how long this one is. It ain't too bad. We've got time finished this one. We'll lean in, guys, will lean in sully two thirds of a pun doc. Leave it to me to spoil a good joke. It's like my family and stuff learned really quick. You don't watch a movie with me because I spoil it every time. And that guy, it's like I can see patterns, I can see how stuff's going to happen, and I'm like, oh my gosh, is this about to happen? Guys, and they're like, did just to shut up? I can't help it, okay. Judah and his sons. When the sons of Jacob saw how inconsolable their father was, they went to Judah and said to him, this great misfortune is thy fault. Judah replied, it was I that asked you, what profit is it if we slay our brother and conceal his blood? And now you say the sin lies at my door. The brethren continued to argue, But it was thou that didst say, come and let us sell him to the Ishmaelites. And we followed thy advice. Hast Thou said, let us restore him to his father. We had we had heeded these words of thine as well. The brethren hereupon deprived Judah of his dignity, for hitherto he had been their king, and they also excluded him from their fellowship, and he had to seek his fortune alone. Through the meditation of the chief shepherd Hera, he became acquainted with the Canaanish king of a Delam Bar Shawn by name. Though he was well aware of the corruption of the generations of Canaan, he permitted passion to get the better of him and took a Canaanite to wife. And Adlamite king gave a banquet in his honor, at which his daughter bath Shua poured the wine, and, intoxicated by wine and passion, Judah took her and married her. Juda's action may be compared to that of the loin who passes a carrion and eats of it, though occur preceding him on the way had refused to touch it. Even Esau came in the time of acknowledge that the daughters of Canaan were wicked, and they Judah must needs take one of them to wife. The Holy Spirit cried out against Judah when he married the Canaanite woman of Idealamah, saying the glory of Israel went down in Dalam at first. The firstborn son of Judah from this marriage was named Er the Childless, a suitable name for him that died without begetting any issue. At Judah's desire, er married Tamar, a daughter of Aram, the son of Shim, But because she was not a Canish woman, his mother used artifices against her and he did not know her, and the Angel of the Lord killed him on the third day after his wedding. Then Judah gave Tamar to his second son onin the marriage taking place before the week of the wedding festivities. For Err had elapsed a whole year owning lived with Tamar without knowing her, and when finally Judah uttered threats against him on the account he did indeed have intercourse with her, but giving heed to the injunctions of his mother, he took care not to begot any children with her. He too died on the account of his iniquity, and his name onin means mourning was well chosen, for very soon was his father called upon to mourn for him. Now Judah conceived the plan of marrying Tamar to his youngest son, Sheila, but his wife would not permit it. She hated Tamar because she was not of the daughters of Canaan like herself, and while Judah was away from home by Suah chose a wife for her son Sheila from the Daughters of Canaan. Judah was very angry at Bathtua for what she had done, and also God poured out his wrath upon her, for on account of her wickedness, she had to die, and her death happened a year after that of her two sons. Now that by Shia was dead, Judah might have carried out his wish and married Tamar to his youngest son, but he waited for Sheila to grow up because he feared for his life seeing that Tamar had brought death to two husbands before him. So she remained a widow in her father's house for two years. Endowed with the gifts of prophecy, Tamar knew that she was appointed to be the ancestress of David and of the Messiah, and she determined to venture upon the extreme measure in order to make sure the fulfillment of her destiny. And that's something you see a lot in scripture. People get, you know, a prophecy or a word from God and they try to force it, you know, they do everything in their power to make it happen on their timeline. They want it now. It's like the JG. Wentworth commercial you know it's my money, and I want it now and want her birthright now. Accordingly, when the Holy Spirit revealed to her that Judah was going up to Timnah, she put off from her the garments of her widowhood and sat at the gate of Abraham's tent, and there she encountered Judah. All the time she lived in the house of her father in law, he had never seen her face, for in her virtue and chastity, she had always kept it covered. And now when Judah met her, he did not recognize her. It was as a reward for her modesty that God made her to become the mother of the royal line of David and the ancestress of Isaiah and his father Amos as well, both of whom were prophets and of royal blood. Judah passed Tamar without paying any attention to her, and she raised her eyes heavenward and said, Oh, Lord of the world, shall I go forth empty from the house of this pious man. Then God sent the Angel that is appointed over the passion of love, and he compelled you to turn back with prophetic caution. Tamar demanded that as a pledge for the reward he promised her. He would leave with her his signet, his mantle, and his staff, the symbols of royalty and judgeship and messiah ship and three distinctions of the descendants of Tamar from her union with Judah. And that's something that I talked to Gary Wayne about and he proposed and we talked about I can't remember what episode, We've had a few conversations already, but we were talking about bloodlines and the Dragon Court stuff like that, and I said, oh, yeah, you know Mother Hagar, she was from Egypt and she was of the Dragon Court, and we kind of got to talk about blood lines and how God intervened and I had brought up Tamar. I said, yeah, a lot of people don't realize. I said, that's part of the seed war. God, you know, protected Tamar from getting pregnant from all the others because she was destined to basically start up the bloodline of the coming Messiah. And then we brought up the those the staff in the garment. It's like, you know, is this the supernatural garment from the Garden of God and the staff of Moses? You know that that's they call it the Rod of Wonder And they say those two pieces is like a two piece set. I read it in the book of shoot Zen Garcia. He wrote a real good book on the garments and the staff, and he's like, it's a two piece set. One is for kingship, the other is for priesthood. So kingship priesthood together, it's a set. And you remember earlier we just read Judah didn't want to let the garments go and his brothers were threatening him and stuff like that. So did he ultimately end up getting it or did he make like a copy you know what I mean, try to make his own. But basically, yeah, you see, he's given up his mantle and his staff, and we postulated, you know that we could that have been the garments you know, from the Garden of God and the supernatural rod of Wonder. But when Judah sent her the promised reward a kid of the goats by the hand of his friend in order to receive the pledges from her hand, Tamar could not be found, and he feared to make further search of her. Least he put to shame. But Tamar, who soon discerned that she was with child, felt very happy and proud, for she knew that she would be the mother of the Kings and the Redeemer. When her state become known, she was forcibly dragged before the court in which Isaac, Jacob and Judah sat as judges. Judah, being the youngest of the judges at the least considerable indignity, was the first to give a decision. For thus it is prescribed in criminal cases that the prominent judges over awe not the lesser and influence their decisions unduly. It was the opinion of Judah that the woman was liable to the penalty of death by burning, for she was the daughter of the high priest Shim, and death by fire is the punishment ordained by the law for the high priest daughter that leads and unchastate life. The preparations for her execution were begun in vain. Tamar searched for the three pledges she had received from Judah. She could not find them, and almost she lost hope and she would be able to wring a confession from her father in law. She raised her eyes to God and prayed, I supplicate thy grace, O God, Thou who givest ear into the cry of the distress in the hour of his need. Answer me that I may be spared to bring forth three holy children who will be ready to suffer death by fire for the sake of the glory of thy name. And God granted her petition and sent the angel Michael down to secure her. He put the pledges in the place in which Tamar could not fail to see them, and she took them and threw them before the feet of the judges. And the words by the man whose these are, I am with child. But though I perish in the flames, I will not betray him. I hope in the Lord of the world that he will turn his heart. He will turn the hearts of the man, so that he will make confession thereof Then Judah rose up and said, with your permission, my brethren, and ye men of my father's house, I make it known that with what measure a man meets, it shall be measured unto him. Be it good for evil, but happy the man that acknowledges his sins, because I took the code of Joseph. Boom here it is for I took the coat of Joseph and colored it with blood of the kid and then laid it at the feet of thy father, saying, no now neither it be thy son's coat or not. Therefore, I must now confess before the court and to whom belong with this signet, dismantle and this staff. But it is better that I be put to shame in the world than I should be put to shame in the other world before the face of my pious father. It is better that I should perish in the fire and can be exct that can't be extinguished, and then I should cast into a hell fire which devourreth other flames or other fires. Now, then I acknowledge that Tamar is innocent by me. Is she with child not because she indulged in illicit passion, but because I held back her marriage of my son Sheila. Then a heavenly voice was heard to say, you are both innocent. It was the will of God that it should happen. The open confession of Judah induced his oldest brother Reubens to make public acknowledgment of the sin that he had committed against his father. He had kept it a secret until then. Tamar gave birth to two sons, Perez and Tera, and I talk about this too. In the Epic of Esau. There's some correlations with the twins once again, like Jacob and Esau. One was marked with you know, red. He's covered in hair from head to toe like a Harry Kloak, his red hair, so that he had red. And don't quote me, I can't remember which one it is, but one of these Perez or Zarah. I think it's Perez, I think. But one of them sticks their arm out or their leg. Something's about to come out, and they're like, oh, here's the first born. So they took a red ribbon and tied it around his limb, but then it went back in and then out come the other one first. So it's like they did a little switch of roo. But once again you have twins, and you have this correlation of one being read that I thought was worthy of note. But Tamar gave birth to twin sons, Zarah, both resembling their father in bravery and piety. She called the first Perez mighty because she said, thou dost show thyself of great power, and is the meat and proper that thou shouldest be strong, for thou art destined to possess the kingdom. The second son was called Zarah because he appeared from out of the womb before his brother. Okay, it was Zarah, but he was forced back in again to make way for Perez. These two Peres and Zara were sent out as spies by Joshua. And the line that rayhab bound in the window of her house, which she tied a red ribbon. Also because as a token to the army of the Ishmaelites she received from Zarah. It was the scarlet thread that the midwife had bound upon his hand to mar Kim as a child that appeared first and withdrew. All right, guys, and that is the end of this this little reading. Uh So next time we will pick up the wives of the sons of Jacob. So I hope you guys are still enjoying the reading. You're still coming up, hanging out, showing out, and enjoying yourselves. I am definitely enjoying myself. A lot of this stuff I'm reading for the first time. So it's fun. It's fun to see a little connective tissue that we find through other stories and things like that. It's like a treasure hunt to me. I love I love digging for the gold nuggets.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I used to kind of, uh kind of playfully perverted play around and say, like when we've done the dig Bible podcast. I remember we had the intro at one time and I was talking about, yeah, we're all searching, you know, for those gold nuggets. And I was like, so show us your nuggets, my buddy Ben and.
Speaker 3: Steve was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Justin I'm like, ah, hell, you gotta have a little fun, man. You can't be so serious all the time, like joker, why so serious? You know what I'm saying. But guys, thank you for coming out. Man. Like I said, that was number thirty. Next week we'll pick up on thirty one with the wives of the Sons of Jacob. I hope everybody has a blessed, blessed weekend. I hope you got rested up and you're ready for the workday. You gotta get that, gotta get that time in man. Even God rested, you know, on the seventh day. So we got to pick a day to chill, relax and recharge, you know, for the coming week. Just for a quick reminder, I am going to row Grove next week, so this coming up weekend there might not be any shows. I might make it back in time to do this Sunday night at eight Okay, I no promises, but I might. It's corn how I feel from flying and all that other stuff. But I hope I can, but be sure to check us out tomorrow. We are talking to Cameron Waters as he dives through some ancient texts and he postulates and the theory that God did not condone the sacrificial system. That's why Jesus run them out of the temple because they were den of murderers and thieves and didn't condemn or he condemned eating of meat too. So it's an interesting conversation. And personally I like my meat and it didn't change my mind. But it's an interesting conversation. I know you guys enjoy it, so be sure check that out Monday night at six pm Eastern Center time. Love you guys.
Speaker 3: They just remember, torch is.
Speaker 2: High, so we steal the fire.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 2: So long still frozen around they con They complain abarrasy