Speaker 1: Wait, why did you watch Top Gun today?
Speaker 2: Because it was on Skinny.
Speaker 3: I hear with ehing with I show, You're gonna ruling it, gixcept with similar sweet pursuing.
Speaker 2: It toddled out Shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at day?
Speaker 4: Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Three o'clock on the Doc.
Speaker 5: Gotta habit for my house a gop status Howard starting to get rattic, shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Tune in, zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm onna hang out with her friends, rocking on the radio. My going on, boy's bin talking on the radio. It's time to to this on all kk estin up, all the yes.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday, everybody.
Speaker 6: It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine.
Speaker 6: I'm Ben Rogers, joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two, born and raised together in Richardson.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Skin, I'm doing damn good, Ben, damn good.
Speaker 6: Thank you for asking you had some yacht rock action in your life this weekend, and really in the days of leading up to this weekend, then you had lots of entertaining NBA basketball.
Speaker 2: I trust you had a good weekend. I had a good weekend.
Speaker 6: I want to get into some emotional sports stuff here in about fifteen minutes, but there was a good sports action. There was good just hanging and drinking. It was kind of a weekend where I didn't do a lot of anything but just relaxing. We're also joined by the pride and joy of the only high school JV baseball team for about a good three year stretch there, Kevin kt Turner JV.
Speaker 1: My ass, sir, let's go on a week feeling pretty good. Really rocked out hard Friday night with Christina at Electric six and All Goodman's secretary from Breaking Bad. We had a great time. Oh yeah, ye Otina, right time.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: Kind of weird, there's your celebrity of the night. I mean we hung out of these six, you know, just kind of hanging out with them, them take their stuff to their van, and then it's like it's a lady from Breaking Bad checking out, didn't she friends with the Faran Tello's Yeah, Ryan there, Yeah, yeah, absolutely, that's incredible. So good weekend, Oh my god, great week.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it was great.
Speaker 6: Also joining us the Pride and Joy of Well, I would say a voatmeal pizza, but there's every band member gets equal praise on the show, so we don't show too much favoritism. She's from Crandle techs all, she's a Pride Joy Voatmeal pizza and they had a show on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how to go? Oh it went so great. That stage is awesome. Wildflower Festival is just it's always great every single year. I felt bad they had to cut it a little short yesterday because of the severe storms in the area. But it was still fun and a lot of people came out. Amber and her dad stopped by. It's great to see them. Janito was there anyway. I'm not going to list off everyone, but a lot of people came out really sweet and it was a.
Speaker 8: Really fun show.
Speaker 2: Hell, yes, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Than you.
Speaker 2: So I went to a birthday party.
Speaker 6: I have a good friend of mine turned forty and so her partner through a big birthday shindig for her. You hang out forty year olds. Yeah, that's insane and it's so young right. Yeah, It's like I don't even know anybody under fifty besides KT and Christina. So they had this big birthday extravaganza and I went to it, and you know, it was some of my closest friends, and then a bunch of other friends that I'm friends with but not quite as close, and then just people that live in the neighborhood. All these different people who are the neighborhood people. He said, you don't like what were their name? No, No, I like them all.
Speaker 1: I'm selling it.
Speaker 6: And so I had something happen to me that I can only imagine is happening to you about every seventeen minutes, skin, and that is I'm having a good time, this is going, got a drink in my hand, and I'm suddenly talking to two friends of mine that I know pretty well that are good dudes, and they go, man.
Speaker 2: How about that draft?
Speaker 8: It is so fixed?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, yeah, right.
Speaker 6: And then so I started trying to talk about there because because it's fixed, because there's no way they traded, they got the number one pick, so the league said, yeah, you can have the number one. And it was I was like, oh, y'all are doing a bit right. You're doing a combo bit on me, and they were like very serious and I was like, well, some here, let me, I'll give you a little backstory here. Here's kind of how we got here here, this is why the trade happened, YadA, YadA. And they're like, ahha, but it's fixed though, And I couldn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was nothing I could say.
Speaker 9: And I keep running into people that are like, they don't want to hear anything else about it. They are one hundred convinced that the NBA lottery is fixed, and that's why the Mavericks sent Luca to La.
Speaker 6: Here's how I have been dealing with that. Sitting at the bar town the brewery you and I are partners in on Friday night, a guy that I liked very much sat up next to me and went into it's fixed. I said, tell me how, We're not going to continue with this conversation until you can explain to me how it worked.
Speaker 2: Now, it's fixed.
Speaker 6: Every time I start going down that road because I bring up what we brought up on the show, the Athletic had magicians and all the different sorts of people look at it, and I don't know how they could possibly fix it. They go because remember when the envelope was frozen. Yep, totally different. Explain to me how it's fixed, all right, Yeah, and then they can't just go man, just you spend all your time figuring out how it's fixed, and then get back to me and you can convince me.
Speaker 1: Then the logic on why it would happen mm hmm, like that makes more sense than the specifics of how it would absolutely.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Skin mentioning Kyrie getting hurt is the big one for me. It's like, yeah, obviously Kyrie wouldn't get that hurt for us to get in that position, for us.
Speaker 6: To seriously think you should come back with Marjorie Taylor. Green told the Jewish Nation to shoot their space laser into Kyrie's knee to ensure that he would have the a yel to go ahead and.
Speaker 2: Finish the deal.
Speaker 1: Could it have been hacked?
Speaker 6: I mean it's yeah, And as soon as you start throwing down that road, but it was like, these are friends of mine that I like, you know, and I'm like, I gottends, but I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't stop it.
Speaker 6: It was like two freight trains that were out of control that could not be stopped.
Speaker 1: I couldn't reel it back. We couldn't have a real conversation.
Speaker 6: You just got to commit to being willing to not be liked, you know, because you just got to go I don't believe anything you're saying right now, and I'm unwilling to have this conversation and I don't care what it does to the rest of the evening.
Speaker 2: And they're like, what a sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And You're like, man, I love to drink, So I'm gonna walk over here and drink and have a better conversation.
Speaker 1: Right out with Tom Cruise. Do you think I need to?
Speaker 6: By the way, I think I'll be hanging out with Tom Cruise on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 6: I don't know for sure, bring him here, they've reached. I wouldn't get off on floor three and see all that read. I don't know if he's like going to get in my car or anything. Heyn why does your car smell like that? Well, Tom Cruise, So I don't. But there is a chance that Tom Cruise and I have very soon become best friends. And I don't know how it's going to change my life, but I'm excited to see. I'm willing to be a scientologist now, so I'm going to Yeah, I'm willing to do some research on that. All right, we're off and running. It is a Monday. We've got a great show planned for you. We've got sports, we've got pop culture, we've got wildlife news, we've got music news, we've got weather outrage, we've got details on a prison break. This is going to be such a fun show. Keep it locked here on the Eagle. We're going to be giving away BFD tickets all week long. Be listening to the show coming up a little bit later in the show, we'll have a chance for you to win some BFD tickets. But yeah, we're getting away all week because again the show is coming up on Sunday. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Track, another edition of things Skin is tracking all right.
Speaker 6: So at the beginning of the show, Ben was talking about how he's getting cornered at parties and people are just forcing the idea that the NBA is rigged, the lottery is rigged on him, and you know, some of these things, the stories are just too impossible to believe.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: The Mavericks had a one point eight percent chance of getting the number one pick and they've never moved up in the lottery, And after a seismic trade that caused all these issues and all these stories being written and all this money being lost on all this stuff. They get the number one pick, so everyone immediately believes it trigged.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of stories that are too impossible to believe. What happened to Shifley for the Winnipeg Jets and how it intertwined with the Dallas Stars is borderline unbelievable. Now, if you're not following the story, you know the you probably saw the Stars one on Saturday night and they're advancing and they play on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Here at the American Airlines Center.
Speaker 6: But for me, the story he's one of their best players, doesn't The story of how insane this is really begin when Jamie Ben Sucker punched him with four minutes to go in the middle of a four or nothing blowout.
Speaker 2: That's who he sucker punched.
Speaker 1: That's who he sucker punched.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So.
Speaker 6: That's why at the if you watch the end of the game, and we should just say, the guy lost his dad unexpectedly late Friday night and had to play in a hockey game, an elimination game, less than twenty four hours later.
Speaker 2: How did his dad pass you. I just saw that. It was unexpected. I've not seen a pajiet.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the details on that yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but anyways, so it's a heated series. They route the Stars four nothing with four minutes ago, Ben Sucker punches him, doesn't get suspended. Then his dad unexpectedly dies out of nowhere, and then within twenty four hours he has to go play, and then he scores the first goal of the game, Like this is not even you know, if you put that's the cliche, if you put it in a script, no one would believe it. And then he has to with fifteen seconds and left in the game, extend out an intentionally triple player to save a breakaway with fifteen seconds to go, and then all of his teammates feel the pressure of killing a two minute penalty to keep their season alive for him, and they're unable to do it.
Speaker 1: This is not real life.
Speaker 6: Then he's in the penalty box when they lose, when they lose, and they're like coach says, go over there and get him, or like they all like he's just they get him, and then they line up to do the tradition and that hockey's great. Hockey's great. But then the first guy to hug him is Jamie Benn. Wow, he was and they're there. It felt like two minutes. I mean, I know it wasn't, but you're watching this going this is.
Speaker 1: Not real life. And ESPN made him the story of the game as they show as they should.
Speaker 6: I couldn't believe he was the one that had to reach out and what this guy's named steel that it happened.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, it's the guy his dad died, you know, yeah, he had to do it. It's the right hockey play. Oh and did the ref official like the guy they have on the analyst, the expert. Yeah, it was like, it's a fifty to fifty call. It's the ref's call. I was like, wait, I have a take here. Is it a piloty shot or not? Like, tell us what it should be.
Speaker 2: I was in a loud bar. I was in a loud bar. You heard Messier right?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't hear MESSI. I mean I didn't hear it. I read about later MESSI. I was like, dude, that's a penalty shot. The rules analyst was like, well, it's the ref's call. It's the ref's discretion, and I was like, well, it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: Call, right, which you know, I ended up working out that it wasn't a penalty shot.
Speaker 2: But I just I just I thought about that guy.
Speaker 6: All weekend long, and then you know at some point he's going to have to have a reckoning. Like you can compartmentalize sometimes to go deal with something. But you know, when he's loan.
Speaker 1: It's going to catch so good. They were donating money to the charities that he supports. Yes, I mean, dude, how these hockey fans have it?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: They did, and it put.
Speaker 6: Shippy back in the news because remember when Shippy got in trouble and all the fans came to his rescue and donated to the charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, good on you hockey people.
Speaker 6: Yep, good on you. Good stuff all right. Coming up next to the Hollywood Shuffle? What would you do for four billion dollars? We'll discuss next.
Speaker 1: The juicy news. Hot gods come.
Speaker 4: Stay on top in the cheffle.
Speaker 8: Again.
Speaker 1: Pop quiz in thirty seconds or less? Can you tell the world who David Geffen is?
Speaker 6: David Geffen is a legendary music executive. He started as a music manager for artists in the seventies, a lot of like the California Sound, like Jackson Brown and the Eagles and people like that. And then he dabbled in getting into the music business and failed miserably. And so when he recreated himself, he started the record DGC, the David Geffen Companies, which was responsible for the band Nirvana, for example. So he was a legendary music executive that then sold right before the crash of the record business. He sold DGC for a ton of money, and then I believe at that point he started dream Works with Steven Spielberg and somebody else. And he was also one of the first openly gay executives in Hollywood. And he was early on a big you know, supporter of age related charity.
Speaker 1: He's eighty two.
Speaker 6: Now there's a really good documentary about him on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I think it's on one of the things. Well, he's a legendary guy that goes back to the late sixties.
Speaker 1: This story is weird, how sometimes something's fall in your lap. Because yesterday I was I had a bit of a drive. I went to my niece's birthday party yesterday, she's two. It was Bluey themed of course tell you.
Speaker 12: So.
Speaker 1: I was listening to Conan's podcast and Conan had John Mulaney on and they are discussing this.
Speaker 11: Okay, my favorite part of the Eagles documentary is I think they realized that David Geffen is kind of taking advantage of them, and they unbelievably the way the documentary lays out, if you watch the Eagles documentary and you do not have to be an Eagles fan who love the Eagles documentary, yeah, you just have to have some time. So they have different Eagles talking about getting together, and then they meet David Geffen and then David Geffen says, oh, they.
Speaker 2: Were the best.
Speaker 1: They're fantastic.
Speaker 11: They were amazing. I knew right away. And then they all start working together. Everything's great, and then some of them on cameras start to say, yeah, but then we thought, maybe this deal, maybe David Geffen's getting a lot of money. And they cut to David Geff and he went, ah, musicians are in grades.
Speaker 1: I think in the same Yeah. They go from Don Henley talking to Geff and he goes, he's a malcontent, He's always been a MalCon.
Speaker 11: Then they all go their separate ways from David Geffen. The Eagles break up, then they're all on their own and Henley says, you know, I bump into David Geffen and I'm thinking, what was that all about. Let's get back together again. And then they cut to Geffen and he's like, I knew Henley he was the voice.
Speaker 2: And he was so magical and he could do no wrong.
Speaker 11: And then they start working together for a little bit and Don Henley goes, yeah, and then I started to notice that, you know, my socks were missing and my wife was missing.
Speaker 1: And then they cut to him. He goes, come out. He's always going to be about basically wherever the wind's blowing. David Geffen's like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's there's a rumor that the Carly Simon song You're So Vain is about David.
Speaker 1: Geffan, Okay, that's that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I pull out my laptop last night to do a little bit of work for the show, and on TMS with the Top Stories is eighty two year old billionaire David Geffen has followed for divorce from David Armstrong. David Armstrong is thirty two years old. Oh my, I like this and there is no prenup. Oh so David Geffen of nine billion dollars net worth and his thirty two year old husband and you. There's a picture that I showed to Ben earlier. I was like, does this look like a good couple to you?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: It's shocking. Thirty two year old hot guy.
Speaker 6: It looks like it's his blood boy, it is so crazy, it looks like a model. And then Geffen looks like, I don't know Darth Vader with his helmet off.
Speaker 2: Hey, a little bitty guy.
Speaker 6: Now tell us the profession of the thirty two year old dancer, go go.
Speaker 8: Dance billy for him? Okay? Is that the same age difference as Belichick?
Speaker 2: And he's not quiet, but it's close.
Speaker 1: It's a good point. Twenty four to seventy three, Yes, fifty years.
Speaker 6: I think that young hot male, go go dancer is entitled to half of Geffen's fortunes.
Speaker 2: Four and a half billion. And I started thinking, what would you do for four and a half billion dollars?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I should you be willing to marry and sleep with David Geffen for two years?
Speaker 2: I wore and a half billion dollars.
Speaker 6: I would have the most disgusting sex with anything alive.
Speaker 2: No matter what that creature is.
Speaker 6: For four and a half billion dollars creature, I don't care if you do a sea urchin.
Speaker 2: I need you to live with this alien for two years. Let you use my fist. Hey, what for all the money? I'm fisted?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, so much money? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well he played the drop and she said what said it?
Speaker 6: I didn't say it within the context of your saying what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: She's dangerous in there today. They were retired for fifteen years, so all his money comes from stocks and stuff. So I don't know. I'm ready to to you, really, what are we going through a divorce for? Definitely doesn't think it's David Geffen's call here, dude, think about this.
Speaker 2: He has sold two major media companies.
Speaker 6: When you're talking about Geffen companies the record label and dream Works the movie studio. He's been involved in the cell of two major entities.
Speaker 2: I mean he is. He is literally made of money.
Speaker 1: It's insane. So would you have, yes, the gay intercourse with the man fifty years older than you?
Speaker 6: Man for four Well, now for me and Ben it's one hundred year old guy.
Speaker 2: I would do it, you know what, I'd do it? For one hundred million.
Speaker 6: I'm good. I don't even need the other billions.
Speaker 1: How much? How often per week do you have to do it? Eh? Three four times a week?
Speaker 7: I would fake it, man, one hundred year old guy has that energy.
Speaker 1: You have it every day.
Speaker 6: Based on my marital experience, it'd be once per year, so it wouldn't you're really really talking about twice.
Speaker 1: But what if Geffen's demanding it for your for your payday?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Could you even get it going? How do you even get it going? You're not attracted to that man, it's on him.
Speaker 2: I don't even need to get it going. Just blindfolded and give me my money you.
Speaker 1: Have, But he's not gonna like it coming in.
Speaker 2: Well, then he's gonna have to divorce me.
Speaker 1: Soldier.
Speaker 6: I definitely don't. I really don't think I could do it. I also don't think i'd float his boat. Man, I don't know if I get him there.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: All right, that is the Hollywood shovel coming up next in the Audio bubble Bath in just over three minutes.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss this.
Speaker 6: Joy Taylor is back in the news and it involves her take on prostitution.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss this. It's next, right.
Speaker 1: Joy Taylor is a media personality. She used to do radio in you know, Miami, and she he's on FS one for a long time. She's the brother of the sister of former A Dolphins DEFENSEI VN Jason Taylor. And she's got been in some involved in some lawsuits. There's been a lot of stuff going. She's been in the news a lot lately. She's got tons of platforms though, and on one of her podcasts she said this.
Speaker 12: I think that male loneliness is a massive problem.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I think non getting male lonelies.
Speaker 1: That's pea getting Okay, non pea getting.
Speaker 12: Non getting male lonelies are deteriorating society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a massive problem.
Speaker 2: What do you think that one.
Speaker 12: I think we should legalize prostitution.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 12: I have been standing on this for decades and I think that the prostitution should be legalized. Okay, they will never do this, but that I think would make it.
Speaker 1: It would be a massive solve. Then and skinned Pole question of the day on this Monday. Should prostitution be legal? I think absolutely it should. So it's complicated. I mean, I hate to be a rational bird.
Speaker 6: But I can see arguments for both sides because it leads to so much human trafficking and miners and you know, which is so terrible.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that would impact it.
Speaker 6: The concept behind it, whether or not it's true, is that all of that exists because of the black market. The concept behind it is that if you made it legal and regulated it, you could cut down on that. For example, heroin will never be legal, we know that, but the idea is that can you. So one of the things that led to the rise of the Mafia was alcohol being illegal. Like when you watch every movie about the Mafia in the thirties and forties, they're trafficking alcohol because it was illegal. So it creates a black market. So the idea is that it was legalized and regulated. And there's all these like been an ideal with this with Rollertown beer Works or certain things we can't say on the air because it's regulated.
Speaker 2: So the idea is that if you had something that by the way, that's a brewer invested in.
Speaker 6: Yes, if you had the concept of something is a quote unquote vice gambling, alcohol, drugs, I mean, I think you could even argue in some cases food right, if something is a vice, then you regulate it. The idea is that you can get something a little more under control. And so there was time when there was prostitution, but it was wild West, and so there was a rise of STDs. But if you had it regulated out of like it is legal in what is it in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Where it's like, what's the name of that town where the cat ranch or whatever?
Speaker 6: It's right, the place you go to is Bangkok though that's like another side of the that's unregulated, that's wild But the idea is that if you regulate it, then you could cut down on STDs, you could cut down on trafficking, and you could talk about what Joy Taylor's talking about, which is having people have a place to go. She's saying their loneliness manifests itself in the form of violence and things like as sooner your take.
Speaker 7: I was just trying to remember that ranch. I think it's the Bunny, some funny ranch like that. I was the one who remembers that.
Speaker 2: But outside of Vegas, I know you're talking to a different time.
Speaker 7: Or it could go the opposite way though, like it could make all those things worse if you legalize it. Right, because people are trying to make a ton of money because they know it's a good market, so they're just grabbing women wherever they find them.
Speaker 6: Well, if it's regulated, they're not going to have people trafficked, like the idea you have trafficking now because it's unregulating.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I get that, but I just could go the other way.
Speaker 1: I would need to know more about the crevices of an industry before I had an opinion. So props to you off for having a heart opinion.
Speaker 2: I don't have a hard opinion, Thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Coming up next, a deadly be attack in Texas, and that's gonna be a good tease forever.
Speaker 2: That's next.
Speaker 3: Wild Life, wild Life.
Speaker 1: A town in uh I would call it West Texas called Eastland, which is strange. But in Eastland, there was a guy who was doing some mowing around this abandoned house and I guess maybe he's just kind of keeping the grass down out there, right. Well, then he works up some bees, right, so he's like, oh crap freaking out here. He then takes off running, gets into his pickup truck, drives off. So as he's driving off because the bees were chasing him, gets in his truck and he ends up crashing into someone's front yard. They're like freaking out. They call nine one one, They don't really know what to do. By the time the ambulance gets there, the guy is dead. For the bees on him still like in his car.
Speaker 6: Like what caused him to wreck into a house after he'd already escaped from the bees and was in a vehicle.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm assuming is like the bees, a few guys in there, at least bees in his pants. Hey man, I respect human life.
Speaker 2: When you're on a date.
Speaker 1: What was he doing to get the bees all pissed off? Yep?
Speaker 2: Did he mow over their hive?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe you know. I've got a couple of old tea posts in my backyard that are basically there for like the house built in the sixties. You have a clothes line dry some shirts, which I you know, honestly, probably better than hanging them up over on the shower and letting your clothes trags. I don't want to shrink my shirts and in those in the summertime, in those tea posts, boy, the bees, I mean once or twice a year, I have to go through uh with the bee killer and go spray in those holes, which kind of fun to do.
Speaker 2: Did you get home k so much? Did you guys know that te posts could sing without auto tune? Have you ever heard of wrong Guy? Wrong Guy?
Speaker 1: Fascinating that we learned, but he didn't have to rely on that technology.
Speaker 2: Your life has changed in so many magical ways.
Speaker 6: You're so domesticated now, KT, and it's like you're doing so much yard work, and you're so proud of the yard, and you're always out there tinkering and stuff. Do you have like a do you have like a handyman area in your garage?
Speaker 1: No, it's whatever's in the garage is handyman area.
Speaker 2: Okay, that doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 1: Interesting thing going on with my sprinkler system. Oh this is great. I'm dying to hear this. Please no so, but imagine that the chaos of a truck just off road and crashes and then stops. Was he allergic to bees? I don't know. We're still waiting to find out. I'm wondering if he had a heart attack too, a combination of the beasting into the heart attack.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm trying to so he's whose yard was he mowing?
Speaker 1: Do we know. We don't know, because they did show the house and the news story that I watched the house was abandoned, so maybe he was just knocking it down, good Samaritan type stuff, or maybe it was his land he owned. I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: It does seem weird that you would be like, there's bees, I'm gonna run in my truck and drive off.
Speaker 1: Well, if there's that many bees, though, I won't speak on this because I've never been attacked by a swarm of.
Speaker 6: Bees, right, and there are there are, There are certain I don't know their bees or wasp or whatever. But when you attack one, they send the distress call to the others, and then they all come after you.
Speaker 1: Because they all got one sting in them. They got one sting their entire life, so they're saving it. And if one is in trouble, they all come because one guy's gonna go fix it, but he's gonna die and fix that, so they all have to come together.
Speaker 6: It sounds like the end of that Avengers movie. It is very much in a simple situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, I am looking forward to the Jerry Seinfeld bee movie that's based on the Avengers. Oh, it's gonna be great. I'm gonna go watch it at the theater with Tom Cruise and Larry King.
Speaker 2: All right, Kevin, thank you for your incredible reporting.
Speaker 1: I guess not Larry King.
Speaker 2: Great work.
Speaker 6: Oh he's just finding out Larry King is dead. Coming up next, and just over three minutes, we go around the sports. We now know who is in the NBA Finals. What does that tell us or not the NBA Finals, the Conference finals? What does that tell us about the Mavericks and the way they're constructing the new version of their team. We'll discuss next right here. Just over three minutes on ninety seven point one, the Eagles shout out to Nadia. She's probably our best six year old listener. She gets in the car and she wants to crank up the Ben and Skin show. I'm sure she loved that David Geffen segment we did earlier. But shout out to Nadia. You know a six year old out there in the world, just wanting to hear some Ben and Skin on the Eagle. Hey, let's give away BFD tickets right quick, shall we? The first person using the iHeart app the talkback feature with their name, their number, their email address and can tell us the answer. We were just talking about it. A guy died, he crashed his truck into someone's yard. What was the cause of death that caused him to crash that truck? He was running from something. If you can tell us what it is, be the first person you're gonna win those BFD tickets Happening Sunday at dose Eki's.
Speaker 2: We will be in the house. Chavelle, Marilyn Manson and Moore.
Speaker 6: Do not miss it. BFD coming up this Sunday. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Now, let's cool around the sports.
Speaker 2: K t fun tweets has all the sports.
Speaker 1: Ye sports on the weekend is the Stars. We'll get into them a little bit in the five o'clock hour. I will say Scottie Scheffer continues to be DFW's most dominant athlete as he wins his third major in the PGA Championship.
Speaker 2: Was it close?
Speaker 1: Wasn't even close? He yelled, f yeah after he won. The NBA is now down to its final four, just like the Stars are a part of the final four in the NHL. The NBA down to its final four. I can't help but think the Mavericks would have been if no trades were made, and I'm over it. But if no trades were made, I do think of the four teams that are remaining, I do think the Mavericks would be worthy of being one of those four teams. I do. I absolutely do.
Speaker 6: Now it's an alternate universe because the Mavericks would have been higher in this standings and the matchups would have been different.
Speaker 2: And blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: But like in a year where Boston ends up like they end up, and Cleveland goes out like they go out, and you look at the other teams in the West, that Maverick team that went to the finals, certainly, you know, if they'd stayed healthy, man front Runner, I would have dwelled on this forever had Cooper flag not happen. Now I have moved on so quick like I've it healed me, because honestly, it was like a boat anchor in my entire life all day, every day. Everything I saw on social media, invasive thoughts, negative thoughts just about Luca about to trade all that. And I still think it's the worst trade that's ever happened in pro sports. But it doesn't matter at this point because now they've got Cooper Flag. I do want to ask you this again about the final four teams and of the Thunder of the Wolves, the Knicks and the Pacers. There's Maverick Ties obviously, because like you said, KT, those are the two teams the MAVs went through in the West, the Thunder of the Wolves, so you can look at through a Mavslein's there. But with the Knicks, obviously, there's Jalen Brunts in there, there's Casey Smith there. With the Pacers, it's Rick Carlisle. There's Mav ties on both those. I'm pulling for the Knicks, you know, like if you're gonna pull for one of these four teams, I'm definitely not gonna pull from a team in the Western Conference. And I have respect for Rick Carlile and never found him to be likable. So I'm pulling for the Knicks. Are what I want to ask you about more than anything is thunder is so Denver and Okse go to a Game seven and the big change that happens in that game. I don't think this has been Maybe this had been happening previously, but I thought it was just an adjustment. Alex Caruso guards Jokic and so you've got a tiny, tiny guard guarding the MVP, and it caused so many problems, Like they allowed him to physically violate Jokic because he's a little dude and Yokic is a big brute.
Speaker 2: Like, couldn't they have taken advantage of that more.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know he's put up good numbers and everything, but I saw so many steals and deflections and turnovers and chaos caused by little Alex Caruso, who's a great defender guarding a giant. They could have called more fouls on him. I think they called it evenly both ways. The thing that I would say is that I was watching that game wanting Denver to win it. The Aaron Gordon story was frickin' amazing. Schaum's goes on TV and says he's out for a month and then he's out there playing, Like what a story.
Speaker 2: He limping, Yeah, he had it's a hammy, right.
Speaker 6: He had five rebounds in the first six minutes, Like I wanted that to happen. But man, Jamal Murray and Russell Westbrook, they just don't know how to take care of a basketball and it drives me crazy. They had eight turnovers and probably the first twelve minutes and that's not Caruso fouling, and.
Speaker 2: Jamal Murray didn't look like himself either, So.
Speaker 6: Anyways, Uh, yes, Caruso should have had fouls called on him. But man, it just drove me crazy watching those guys turn the damn ball over. I was like, oh my god, I can't watch it. Couldn't they just get Jokis the ball closer to the basket where he just turns around and shoots out this tiny person. Nobody on that team knows how to shoot or pass or dribble beside Jokich, Like literally, no one on that team can pass or dribble except for the guy that needs the ball.
Speaker 1: On the block.
Speaker 2: It drives me nuts.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, there you have it. There's around the sports.
Speaker 6: We will talk Dallas Stars hockey coming up here in a bit with a Katy Perry spin on it. By the way, that's coming up at five point thirty. But coming up next, we've got music news. Two legendary drummers get fired. We'll discuss next right here on the Eagle. There might be a chance for me to become best friends with Tom Cruise. Yeah, it might happen.
Speaker 1: Hey, they reached back out to me.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 6: It was real ominous. They haven't given any details. They were like, how early could you be available on Thursday?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, all right, that's a complicated question because if it involves my guy TC, I can be anywhere.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: But does it involve Tom or not?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you meant TC Fleming. I think that's weird involved. Sure, that would be weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I hope you responded with I'm available twenty four to seven, bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: There was a bunch of Hollywood executives copied on it, so I was scared to say anything like that, but I did.
Speaker 2: That's how they talked, Ben.
Speaker 6: I didn't commit, though, I was like, let me know if Tom's involved.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you're playing hardball with I'll rearrangement. I'll take a day off if I'm going to be hanging out with Tom.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But anyways, so that's a development to take a day off, dog, we got you show.
Speaker 2: Come on, man. That's a developing story. More on that soon, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: We have two music firings that's very strange. Two huge bands who've ditched their drummer over the weekend, very odd. One of them did it twice. More on that in a second. So the Food Fighters, obviously Taylor Hawkins had the tragic death, and then they hired Josh Freese, who'd played with a bunch of different bands, so he played with them for about a year, and then they quit touring when it came out that Dave Grohl had fathered a kid out of wedlock, and they kind of quit and they're going to play a show in October. There's not a lot of the books and oh he had the f one show too. Yeah yeah in Singapore them Hell yeah man. So Josh Freese, the drummer of the The Finders, put this on ig. The Foo Fighters called me Monday night to let me know they've decided to go in a different direction with their drummer. No reason was given, brownie face regardless. I enjoyed the past two years with them, both on and off the stage, and I support whatever they feels best for the band and my forty years of drumming professionally, I've never been let go from a band. So while I'm not angry, I'm just a bit shocked and disappointed because most of you know I've always worked freelance. Blah blah blah. Stay tuned for my top ten possible reasons Josh got booted from the food Fighters list.
Speaker 2: We love you, Dave. Do we have his age fifty two?
Speaker 6: Okay, So he's been drumming professionally since he was twelve.
Speaker 1: Four nine inch nails, Devo, Guns n' Roses, sting he's played with every one.
Speaker 2: Was a twelve year old. Is there speculation?
Speaker 1: I've not seen it, the only one and this is not even founded evidence. This is just people talking on the internet. Is what if Taylor Hawkins son was ready to to I know that, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't they I don't know. Why wouldn't they just tell him?
Speaker 6: Maybe they are scared to commit to his son, like they want to like see how it goes.
Speaker 1: And maybe he just wasn't working for this guy who's played with a bunch of different bands, you know who knows. Yeah, very strange. It's not like they're playing a bunch of gigs though. Yeah right now so also like may not dig the way he plays.
Speaker 7: Josh is on tour with someone right now too, Like you said, Food Fighters aren't on tour, so he went off with someone else.
Speaker 8: So maybe that kind of pissed him off.
Speaker 1: I don't know that world, but she's kind of always looking for work though, yeah, never you know. The other one that's interesting is the Who. Uh they fired their drummer, Zach Starkey for the second time this month. How did you get okay? Now, this is a little bit weird because he's old, Like he's really old, and like the Who, they're on in their eighties right at this point. Yeah, so he has been their drummer since nineteen ninety six, and he says there's been weeks of mayhem since he was fired, and then he got reinstated three days later.
Speaker 6: We talked about this, so you remember this, right, No, Yeah, we talked about this a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when we were talking about Roger Daltrey. Roger Daltrey yelled at him on stage because he was oh, that was him, yeah, and he couldn't hear and he blamed it on the drummer playing too loud for a rock band, that's right, And then Pete Townshend said, hey, man, I'm sorry, Roger daltrey' is a dick.
Speaker 2: We're good, You're in the band.
Speaker 6: And then here they are a couple of weeks later, and isn't Zach Starkey Ringo Starr's son?
Speaker 1: Boy, I did not know that. I could be wrong on that. I thought he was Ringo star son, but I could be wrong. Well, he's saying like they asked him to make a statement, say, and he's quit, and he's like, I would never quit the Who.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've never did that to my fans. There was just a smart panthering play right there. There is an amazing irony to.
Speaker 1: His dad's were Bringo star Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow, there's an amazing irony to Roger Daltrey firing a drummer for playing too loud when Keith Moon was a drummer into Who Who just beat the crap out of his drums. This is basically an old guy with a giant ego is looking for someone to blame for his hearing problem.
Speaker 1: Josh and Zach, you can drum for me anytime. I like that, All right, good punctuator. There kat coming up in just about ten minutes. Details of a prison break, A successful prison break that's coming up here pretty quick. Before we get to that, I want to say thank you to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. If you're a foodie and you haven't been to Andrews, you're not.
Speaker 2: Really a foodie. To be a foodie.
Speaker 6: If you love pizza, why wouldn't you go to Andrews American Pizza Kitchen and Plano, Texas President and Plano Parkway named best Pizzria and DFW by readers of the Dallas.
Speaker 2: Morning News that speaks volumes.
Speaker 6: They got pasta, they got a great craft beer selection, cool bar scene, and lots of televisions in there to watch sports. I go there sometimes just to hang out. Check it out Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen of Plano, Texas.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. It's up. What's up on Twitter? That's up? What's up on Twitter? That's up? What's up on Twitter?
Speaker 4: Hey bean turnet.
Speaker 1: Last night, our guy Pete Delcas was in jacket off mode.
Speaker 9: Oo.
Speaker 1: Right situation And here's the tweet that is in question right now. This is last night nine tornado warning for Colin in Denton County until ten fifteen, storms moving. He's thirty miles per hour. Here's the last Now you've known if you've seen Pete Delkas's Twitter account. If you don't know who he is, he's the head meteorologist to Channel eight, but also like the Channel Light account, will regurgitate his tweets. Jesse Juila, the backup and then the third string cou of whatever that weather person is. Their tweets are all the same, they're all on one account, then it's going out to all four different accounts. It's kind of crazy, yeah, when it's something like this. But I was just really entertained by watching him cover these dangerous storms up north, but also when I clicked on the tweet to find out how many people were effing pissed off and Peter David Delkis it's his middle name. Don Do you all know why people were mad at Pyes.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 6: I don't, but I can assume that it's just ridiculous outrage. Anytime people hear of a terrible forecast and it's not terrible results, they're angry.
Speaker 2: Do you know why, Christina?
Speaker 7: I think it's because he lied about when the storm was supposed to hit Climax.
Speaker 2: He lied, He did the story.
Speaker 1: It is true, it went away and then came back and finished Okay, now, let me hold on, he lied, he lied, or he missed his prediction.
Speaker 7: There's a city called Climax in Texas. You guys are totally missing the point here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean people always finish their journey when they arrive at Climax, where it's like it's a destination.
Speaker 1: We have to do a show there.
Speaker 6: So I can also say that I don't want to create a competition here, and I'm not gonna say who was more writer or wasn't. Do you guys ever watch two new sources at the same time all the time? Yeah, it was real interesting to me that what Channel eight was showing was different than what Fox was showing, and they were pretty significantly different, and I thought that was real interesting. I'm assuming that that comes down to whatever services they subscribe to.
Speaker 2: One could be like an older model Doppler.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but but you know, it impacted us because we're in the middle of the storm and so we're looking and the maps are different and they're saying different things at the same time, and I'm like, well, this is kind of weird. But the reason people were mad is they said that Pete decided to take over ABC kick American Idol off the air.
Speaker 1: You're in the American Idol finale.
Speaker 6: So didn't every local didn't every local news weather man take over local programming American Idol?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 9: Huh?
Speaker 2: Did not everyone?
Speaker 6: Not American Idol, but whatever was on there, Yeah, like sous La.
Speaker 1: And the Voice or whatever. Let me say every network also missed out on the best storm, the one in the southwest. Uh, that really demolished the town of Gordon, and not good Gordon got it hard. Channel eleven, who I never go to, is like, we'll cover this, and they had a beautiful video of a stormchaser driving into the tornado was incredible, while four, five and eight turned their back. So no one's hands are clean, okay right now, and we'll see they all have a chance at redemption tonight. Perhaps people. Look, here's what happens.
Speaker 6: People are mad when you take their specific program away from them, and if you do that, they're in the weird position of demanding that damage happened.
Speaker 1: Let's get evidence.
Speaker 6: Well, hold, I say, like, last night, I'm arguing with my son and he's like, there's no tornado. I'm like, son, you don't want the tornado. You want to be prepared in case there's a tornado, but you don't want to be justified by damage. The point is what they are looking at is all of the ingredients are there for a delicious taco, and so one could just pop up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, when it's a warning, on's a watch. We don't need to see Pete. We'll be honest. It's a watch live in Texas. Warning is when you've seen the taco. But a warning it's time and there was significant rotation. Yeah, absolutely, there was almost a tornado up north. Here's some of my favorite comments. Please stop interrupting American Idol. The winner is about to be announced. It was not okay to interrupt. It was okay not to interrupt the idol when the tornado was to the south. But now you do, and you aren't double box. Please go to a different channel for people who want to watch the weather. You know what they could do.
Speaker 6: They could have put American Idol on KFAA and told everyone, if you want to watch American Idol, go to kfa Usually.
Speaker 1: They say it'll rerun at three am.
Speaker 2: But I'm looking.
Speaker 6: You know, maybe I'm wrong, Maybe they can't do that. But when they have a sister's stay, I mean, this is what the NBA and NHL do when there's overtime.
Speaker 1: People watched American Idol all season long. They voted all season long for their favorites, they watched the show for two hours and forty five minutes waiting to see who the winner was, and Pete Delcas hogged the last twenty minutes of the show repeating the same thing over and over.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can say this.
Speaker 6: I like, if you were wanting to see the finale, that I get it, that's big to you. But I had my phone was blowing up with people checking on me and my family. Yeah, and so I'm like, how bad is it? Meanwhile, my wife doesn't care. She doesn't believe that anything negative is ever going to happen to her. Weatherwise, I love WFAA, so that's the only channel I'll watch for weather. I'm sure there's other good ones, but I trust them and believe in them, and so I go to them as the authority. And it was very important that that was on TV for me last night because that was I felt like that was my will be during the storm. I do like, I know we got to go. I do like that Pete was at his wits end. He was, oh yeah, because he was out of breath, he was beaten down. He was tired of people tweeting him about American I like, he step.
Speaker 1: Away, he goes, I need to take a drink, and then he goes, he goes, he goes.
Speaker 2: Believe me, I don't want to be here right now.
Speaker 1: He said that multiple multiple times. Yeah, all right, dude, let's do this. Uh.
Speaker 6: I need to find out more about that prison break coming up next. Let's talk about the prison break in New Orleans. Katie has the details right here on.
Speaker 1: The Eagles And now it's time for Basins week Day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor Katie fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. All right, so we're gonna get to this prison break in a second. We'll say the big story of the week. Joe Biden was announced yesterday that he has a prostate cancer. I'm saying a very aggressive form of it as well. So one of the things, one.
Speaker 6: Of the things this sucks about this is prostate cancer is very treatable and very addressable, and the fact that it's already spread to his bones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a.
Speaker 6: Weird because you would think he would have access to the best healthcare of all time. So you're already seeing the conspiracy talk and all that kind of stuff, and it's not going to go away. But prostate cancer is treatable. Yeah, I mean I might, I know lots of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more that'll probably be developing and be in the news next week. So there you go. Last Friday, ten inmates escaped to prison in New Orleans. Now I saw the story on Friday, but I didn't. We didn't. We shouldn't fit it into Friday show because, uh, this is very much of a developing situation. So these inmates they got out of jail, and this is the security camerage of them all running off is kind of funny, even though it's a dangerous situations. Running well, they're all kind of jumping because they have to jump. They had to jump off this dock and they're all running and it was kind of funny to watch.
Speaker 2: Wait are they shackled together?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, but so they also it looked it looked like, uh, I don't know, it looked like high school kids getting caught at their high school surveillance foot those people running away from a house. Yeah, get out of here, scatter. So as of this morning, three have been found. Seven still at large. I mean they found one in the afternoon, like right in the middle of what's the big street in New Orleans right now, it's in the quarter.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But there was the funniest part of the story too, is even though like they're all seen as dangerous too, they were all in there for some pretty heinous crimes. They took advantage of some broken locks to get out of their cells, and they exited through a little rectangular hole that they cut behind the cells a toilet and sink fixture. And there's a photo that's out from the jail cell and it's very funny to see how they got through there. And then above it there's a big smiley face and it says too easy, Lol, above the little hole that they went out through. Wow, and two is misspelled. It's it's not both o's. It's just perfect. All of it's great. But they also did not let the public know until like an hour after they were out, which you're gonna get a lot of people in trouble.
Speaker 7: They don't want to make people panic, I'm sure, right, you have.
Speaker 1: To let people know if ten people escaped, did they did they even know that they had escaped for an hour?
Speaker 2: I mean it sounds like some pretty high level in competent.
Speaker 8: Probably what they're saying, right, Well, yeah, we waited a full hour for.
Speaker 1: That to happen. You immediately turned to inside job. Okay, yeah, I think I always turned to job a lover with one of these inmates in.
Speaker 6: Your guard in what regard like turning your back on watching them. I mean, they cut their own hole, right, broken locks?
Speaker 2: Did y'all?
Speaker 1: Well, did y'all watch the Deal that Been Stiller directed with Escape from Dana Moore and not? Didn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: I thought it was pretty good watch and it's a true story, but it kind of lines out how she can start hooking you up with stuff to cut. You know, there's a lot of ways that if someone's in on it, they they gonna.
Speaker 1: Hook you up.
Speaker 6: And it's not very smart, no, but it's not like they're locking up a ton of smart people. And you know, it's like, uh, if you're like, you're gonna get caught, Like when like when do people not get caught? Like it's pretty much ninety nine percent of the time you're gonna get caught.
Speaker 2: Clint Eastwood didn't get caught and escape from Alcacaza. I think he died in the water.
Speaker 6: So, you know, I just does her to like it seems like to take the time to say it was too easy.
Speaker 1: Seems like you'll regret that. That's also like the cocky nature of that it was like too easy. That makes you do think they were maybe getting some help. Yeah, so a big investigation happening here. Seven of them still out there, and we'll be watching for that. So we've caught three of them, caught three of them. They cut three of them on Friday, like pretty quickly too. They are very and by the way, the officials are like, we've had enough tips. We were very confident this will be wrapped up soon.
Speaker 7: So well, I was about to ask, well Netflix a docu series about this before they actually catch all of them.
Speaker 1: Our good friend Jesse, who lives out in California he's to work on the Kimel Show, became obsessed with the Texas Seven, which I remember from when I was a child in like two thousand and I really think at some point in the next couple weeks we should do a deep dive on that, but the end of that, they were caught at a like a store too, like a like a TJ Max or something. It was very strange.
Speaker 2: I thought that they ended up killing someone on the outside.
Speaker 1: I think they did. Yeah, we need to find out more on that, because I do remember that when I was twelve and he got obsessed with that for some reason. It sounds like it would be a good big finish one day. Yeah, maybe, so we'll find out. You'll find out that segment was too easy. Loll all right, There it goes the weekly weekday update. Coming up next in the sports catch up the Dallas Stars and Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: How they're intertwined. We'll discuss next.
Speaker 3: Reach down and grab a couple of tomatoes. It's time for the sports to catch cutup Spots. Spots cuts up.
Speaker 1: For Katy Perry because she's out there really getting killed by everyone since she went up to space with Bezos's wife and lady from CBS Good Morning. So people have been really angry at Katy Perry lately. It's kind of been weird. I don't really know why. Outside of that, like, if you're against that, that's fine. People have been coming at her.
Speaker 7: Really against that. It's just she's dislikable for some reason. She's and I don't know why, but I'm on that bandwagon. There is don't like Katy Perry.
Speaker 6: I can't remember if this was on the air now, so I won't say names, but we knew a person that had been on the set of that show that she was on as that America's Got Talent or whatever she I can't remember what was on American. Yeah, and they said, yeah, she sucks. She made the set late. Andy Thah like that. She is straight diva, like you would see in a caricature of a diva. If somebody shows up her show late, I'm not messing with her. It just depends on their boobs.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then, uh so she was scheduled to be at the American Airlines Center Wednesday night, but that show has been postponed. Okay because of no no, I'm sorry, because of your Dallas Stars who are still alive. Okay.
Speaker 6: I was blown away by this because I guess this is in the contract when they do these deals.
Speaker 1: But I thought in the home Team Stars, home is the American Airlines.
Speaker 6: No I know, but like, once you booked the venue, you booked a venue on a venue of that size, and I guess there are.
Speaker 2: But here's the deal.
Speaker 6: Here's why I think this happened because did you see she does.
Speaker 2: Not have another show until July.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, yeah, that's the end of it. But she has one in Austin on Tuesday, and then she's off. But then she's heard her stop for a while. But she could do it Thursday. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: That's weird.
Speaker 6: And so what I was thinking was, you know, when they booked these shows and there's these tours, there's so much money involved.
Speaker 2: They must have provisions in there.
Speaker 6: You guys know it at times have changed, But you guys know what Moody Madness is, right, h Well had explained if Moody Madness was a game that the Dallas Mavericks in nineteen eighty four. It was the clinching game of a playoff series. It was a home game and they had to move their game from Reunion Arena to Moody on SMU, which has half the capacity. Yeah, because there was a tennis match booked at Reunion Arena.
Speaker 2: Tough. You see what I'm saying. This was huge back then, though.
Speaker 6: But like, do you think if Metallica was in the middle of their tour and they had that venue booked like.
Speaker 8: These that's why they played at and Ts.
Speaker 6: I know, but you see what I'm saying. I know, I think there had to have been some kind of negotiation. I would think they would have said, look, there's a chance that this get's canceled if the stars like just so you know, the stars of the Mavericks are in the playoffs, right, But I want to go back to Katy Perry just like the whole the whole thing. Like, I think it's amazing the trance and I know I represent a lot of guys, maybe not you guys, but.
Speaker 2: I can get in a jug trance.
Speaker 6: And so like when I think of her, I just think of her in that Sesame Street. You think of twenty nine Katy Perry, and I just think with Elmo. I think I don't really know much about her. I know she makes pop songs that are catchy, and I'm sure I recognize several of them. But when I think of her, I think of her in that Elmo shirt, and I think she's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, we don't like Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: What's still But you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Just in a trance. It is some strange energy because there's not really I don't think there's a singular event outside of going to space.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: It makes you go, why is why are so many men just mad at her?
Speaker 6: Or I don't think I don't think men are mad at I think really probably I thought it was a woman backlash. Now here's the other thing. How old is Katy Perry? Now?
Speaker 1: By forty something?
Speaker 8: That's why men are.
Speaker 2: Getting interested?
Speaker 6: She does dance around like a seal. You're in a smaller demo, ben No, But okay, forty. We've talked about this. You know how hard it is to be a pop star out there dancing at forty? And do you know when she really also got destroyed? And I actually saw it. I never ever ever see MTV anymore, and me and my wife stumbled across her.
Speaker 1: She won.
Speaker 6: I think it's called the vanguard. It's like a career. Yeah, the MTV.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: And we saw the performance. I was watching it, going, this is kind of sad. No, yeah, because I don't know what the MTV audience is, but I know a person of that age trying to do what she's doing on stage does not connect anybody.
Speaker 1: Her husband out there is very strange.
Speaker 6: It's the whole reason Timberlake made an album where he was in the woods and then he was like, well wait, none of my fans like this, so then he tried to dance again and then he got killed.
Speaker 2: Was like, it's hard to be a middle aged pop star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, breaking news disc Uh oh Christina, you can crank me up.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, we just learned from iron Trepid reporters ww dot Internet. I heard the show's Thursday. They moved it to Thursday. Okay, you killed her for nothing. I did a pretty good prediction that was at the point of the story. The point of the story is the Dallas Stars won and were going to their third straight conference finals.
Speaker 6: I just think she's a kind persona.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's probably.
Speaker 2: Wait why did you say that?
Speaker 8: Good for you of me?
Speaker 7: I have never actually met her, so she could be super nice. Every picture of her would lead me to believe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like this was a real predictable outcoming. We shouldn't have done this segment. But coming up next, let's review the joke swap. We talked about it Friday. Did it connect? We'll do it right here on the Eagle, the Bin and Skin Show nine point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Now, as you know, regular listeners of the show know that this segment is brought to you by roller Town Beer Works. That's the brewery there in Salina, Texas at me and ben Or partners and had a great yacht rock weekend up there is so much fun. Now let me tell you we are turning it up big for playoff hockey oh games Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. We have food trucks there including over the weekend Mueller wag you. Oh my god, they're so good. We're gonna have American Gothic pizza there on Wednesday. But as all this is going on, we got green beer, Green cocktails. We have crushable pitchers on special for twelve fifty. The game is on with the sound up up north, we are the place to watch playoff hockey. Head to roller Town beer Works right there in little Salina, Texas, my favorite place to drink beer in the world.
Speaker 2: Playoff time. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: The things. On Friday, we did a little pregame show for what was the SNL joke swap because it was the final episode of season fifty of Saturday Night Live on Saturday, and this is a bit that I think even if you're not like a fan of SNL, I think you're pretty aware of this thanks to YouTube and just how things go viral.
Speaker 2: It's a pop culture phenomena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen this thing of just two guys writing jokes for each other that they've never seen before.
Speaker 6: I have a question. No, the guys have seen each other before. The jokes have not been seen before. The jokes have not been seen before. Yeah, I have a question for you. Elated on Friday when we talked about this that there may be some big announcements about who is or is it coming back?
Speaker 2: I did not see. Did anything come out over the weekend?
Speaker 1: No, and the entire episode, including in the opening monologue, they were trolling everyone who was talking about this, okay because they and the opening monologue one of the up and coming cast members of Sarah Sherman, huh, and she made a big joke about her leaving and she's like, what where you guys reading? I saw that. That's pretty good. Put her in every sketch. Oh, yeah, she's amazing. She's the mum and uh so the weekend update, though I was thinking Colin Jose is that the heavy favorite just because he's been there since two thousand and five. Yeah, he's about to be in a movie with Nate Bargatzi.
Speaker 6: Like he's he's got opportunity, He's got Yeah, he hosts pop Culture Jeopardy, he's married to scourge It, he can do whatever he wants. Uh So, I do have another question about all this, just overall, what did you rate the episode?
Speaker 1: But not good one, the one of the worst of the entire seies in your face, Christina.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I mean it was fine, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Back in your face, kat.
Speaker 8: I don't often does he do.
Speaker 1: I saw twenty and have a document up on my computer right now that says the top fifty sketches of if you.
Speaker 6: Are so lucky to be married, you would get no ass it's amazing or I'm a serial killer.
Speaker 1: It's somewhere in between. Yeah. Okay, so right out the gate, this is this hat. We all know what's happening, and I'm sitting there going this could be the last time I'm looking for clues, and I don't think I enjoyed it. Because I think I was looking too hard to see if someone was going to be, you know, going away. Right. So this is how it starts, and I will say before this starts, I do think that Colin.
Speaker 6: Did get the win okay this week, but so the judge's score gave him a higher score.
Speaker 1: But here's how it begins.
Speaker 10: We have a tradition here where chan I give each other jokes tight at the end of the season, read.
Speaker 5: Jokes live one air that the other person has never seen before.
Speaker 10: But before we start, it's SNL's fiftieth season. So I want to take a moment to say something to our boss, Lorren michaels Lorn retire, bitch.
Speaker 1: Me, you run the show. Wow, I'll go gay Colin, which it's something that gets written about no once every three months. Right, you know who's going to take over the show. And Warren quits eighty Wow? Really and he looks terrible, like he's like he's shrinking. He doesn't look terrible, he looks eighty yeah. He looks eighty yeah. Just take that back, all right. So then Colin, after he does that, has to do this. Maybe you should just tell you a first joke.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: I do another. Yeah, yeah, tell a joke, man.
Speaker 10: CBS has premiered the first hour long daytime soap opera with a predominantly black cast. It'll air when black people are home from work twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 1: Since you like that, here's another.
Speaker 10: CBS has premiered the first half hour long daytime soap opera with a predominantly black cast. It's called All My Children Don't know who they're Daddy.
Speaker 1: Michael just laughing at him.
Speaker 2: He is holding up a phone finger.
Speaker 1: He is all right. Here's Colin revenge.
Speaker 5: More trying to stop teenagers from screaming and throwing popcorn during the Minecraft scene with the chicken jockey because some of them.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to masturbate.
Speaker 9: Seriously.
Speaker 2: Minecraft was a great movie.
Speaker 5: I haven't been that excited since I saw a white woman drink.
Speaker 1: Unattended basically caused him. So you know, I wrote fun right, Yeah, I'm right, yeah man, I do.
Speaker 10: Study finds that the hoots and grunts of Bnobo's show signs of complex thoughts similar to human language. Oh so like that awful halftime show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jesus, yeah.
Speaker 2: Dude, that definitely sounded like some old white people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then Colin, well he's set it up, but Michael has to bring Scarlet out to sit next to Michael. Yes, okay, I told another joke.
Speaker 5: I want to take this opportunity to apologize to someone I heard, Scarlet, can you come.
Speaker 1: Out here.
Speaker 5: Just you know last time we did joke swap, I make Colin do some tasteless jokes comparing your vagina to Costco roast beef.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 5: The fact is I was just lashing out because I'm jealous. I've never even seen a human vagina.
Speaker 2: I noticed I said human.
Speaker 5: Because I once spent the summer on a farm.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 5: It's embarrassing about my own body. I can't even take my hoodie off during sex because I have more nipples than.
Speaker 1: A pregnant dog. That about you.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry too, because I owe you everything. When Colin discovered me, I was selling crack.
Speaker 1: Outside the.
Speaker 13: And now look at me selling crack outside the American girl dogs. I've told thousands of jokes on update and gotten dozens of lasts, but I've never said the three most important words of all, I love you.
Speaker 1: That's the closest thing I got to a sign that they might be leaving because that last part is funny still but like a little bit of something, but maybe not many. I want them to stay because they go on these incredible heaters. You're like Jesus, they haven't missed tonight. It's really the only thing that always connects. Yeah, it's very rare. I don't even.
Speaker 6: Recall the last time I saw the weekday up date and didn't think it was good.
Speaker 2: They're so good.
Speaker 1: This one man. Basically the play is simple. Michael is trying to get Colin to say the N word on Live to You. This was amazing and you could see Scarlett go he that's in the here. I had to look this up. Steve Kerr does have a son named Nick, does he really? He's the coach of the G League team for the Warriors. I did not know that. I did not know this. That's probably Nicholas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is not amused by the jokes apparently that have been made before SNL.
Speaker 1: Apparently this is cheap and I didn't know that. I've never heard this, but I didn't mean this is something that's been around for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I looked it up like you did. I was like, there's no way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is amazing that the Kerr family did not think that through.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well maybe it's Nicholas, you know. And I know, but when you look at up on Wikipedia, that's say Nick, I'm gonna dude, yeah wow, yeah, so this is dude. The play clearly is he's trying to get him to do it cool because he's reading for the first Q card.
Speaker 10: Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr is here with his family. I got to meet his son, Nick, and I love Steve. I like Nick, but I wouldn't say I am a Nick Kerr lover.
Speaker 5: Besides, before calling, here's.
Speaker 1: The crowds like groaning like come on man.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Mike and I looked at each other.
Speaker 4: Like what.
Speaker 1: Like Scarlet's like, oh my gosh, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It might be a sick. I was kind of celebrating all that. I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 1: And here's the last one I think is really good too.
Speaker 10: Though some psychologists say adults can reduce stress by returning to a childhood hobby, which is why I returned to my favorite childhood hobby, topping off priests with my pretty little.
Speaker 1: Mouth, o God, and then someone for the props department hands him some lipstick and he puts it on his lips. Speaking of which, worn I'll do anything. Wow, there you go. Not one of the best in my opinion overall, but how do you top what happened last time?
Speaker 6: And that is pretty edgy stuff. So here's what I would say. Here's that's why I want them to go and do something else. Now, it's basically, each time he's gonna do race jokes and then each time, Okay, I'm gonna do some sort of a sexual predator thing.
Speaker 2: But did it eleven times? Yeah, it's time. It's time to do something else.
Speaker 6: Yes, And it's they're basically they're, you know, Boston doing a concert and they have to play more than a feeling, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But just because everyone does and they've skipped it before, you know how they have and it's disappointing. Everyone's looking forward to it. Yeah, but just because we don't know that anyone's living there, we're no big announcements like or anything. It doesn't mean like this show is very fluid and they make decisions in August sometimes, so I.
Speaker 6: Feel like, what's the dude's name that does trump? James Austin James Austin Johnson. Okay, I feel like he always nails Trump. But my wife made the comments. She goes, I think that's the best one I've ever seen him do. Did you have any particular feeling on the opening of the show. I, I mean, I like the way it's been going.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's always going to break the fourth wall thing, yeah, whole year. Yeah, she was like, that's the best one he's done. He's basically taking of I didn't. I don't want to do this anymore, like he's tired of doing it. Yeah, right right, that's my take on it. That's a good take, Kevin. Didn't you think that was a good take by Kevin Christina?
Speaker 8: I thought that was excellent.
Speaker 6: Don't what takes coming this week from me? Okay, don't patronize him. That's gonna do it for us. I hope you've enjoyed the show. I hope everyone's careful out there. His weather's swirling and continues to swirl. But I'll never forget the time Kat had a chance to meet Delcas face to face. He grabbed his doppler, he looked him dead in the eye, and he said.
Speaker 1: Let's just keep our ears to the ground and see see what we can come up with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Delcas did not get much out of that. All right, that's gonna do it for us. Christina is gonna stick around and play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 1: There you going, well, I want to get my sock back. Dude had enough fun in games.