Speaker 1: All right, you are listening to the world bamous Ben and Skin Show. It is a Friday, Happy Friday, everybody. We are coming to you live back to back remote broadcast.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: We find ourselves at Boomer Jacks in Dallas one O two five zero technology Skin.
Speaker 2: How do you explain this location.
Speaker 1: That's just the right there at thirty five in Northwest Highway?
Speaker 2: Basically? Yeah, you know you need to.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're going to be able to get off thirty five and just pull right in here.
Speaker 2: You need to.
Speaker 1: You need to access it off a Northwest Highway Loop twelve. But we are on the south west corner of Northwest Highway and uh thirty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're still when.
Speaker 3: You say southwest, like, do people actually know?
Speaker 2: No, they don't. They don't know, So how would you describe it?
Speaker 3: Well, no, you're right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: No, I'll just tell the street if people don't have if people don't know where the sun sets, like, how do you help? Are you on Christina? I'm on the KT oh Okay, he's sitting next to her.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't agree with her though. How do you want people to kill anywhere?
Speaker 3: Is this where the old gas monkey grillies.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is just this is just west of that, but it's actually actually north of that.
Speaker 3: Okay, But to answer your question, I go back to the studio.
Speaker 1: Now, this is the whole thing about a phone. It's like people go, I don't know directions. I go where it's the sunset. Just look where the sun sets.
Speaker 2: It's not hard.
Speaker 3: It's not setting right now.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That relative to certain highways that I know are going north and south or east and west.
Speaker 4: And I'm protecting my vision. I'm rarely looking at the sun. What I would do to describe behind people pull out the thing you're addicted to, and he just type in boomer jacks. You get there, and then if you want to type in technology, that's I love this street because there's so many streets that are just named after trees.
Speaker 2: Oh elm oh Pine.
Speaker 1: That true, he's saying, Yes, he loves to acknowledge technology.
Speaker 2: Ballard. It's so easy to remoter.
Speaker 1: It's just like Kip Dinad. I don't ever have a compass out. I always have one on me and a pocket knife. Yeah, and a Rambo knife. It's in your phone always. But I don't ever pull my phone out and like use the compass, So I have to like think, uh, okay, because I live so far north in that pole. So that's I always just think what direction do I live? But I'm never like figuring out exactly where the sun is.
Speaker 2: It's it's up there. It goes to the same place every day, every day of your life. It goes to the same place.
Speaker 1: If you're in a different place, you don't know exactly. Like I, I can't tell you specifically which way is north and south and east or west right now based on where we are, you guys would have been tell you what direction that is? You guys would have been terrible explorers. So if the sun is going to set in the west at some point, but it's I don't know out on my sun dial out at three fifteen, I don't know where that is on its trajectory.
Speaker 4: And I don't know that you can say that we would have been terrible exploring. I think back then we would have been reliant on it. I think we would have acclimated. I don't need to know.
Speaker 2: I would have been a more of a forager, all right.
Speaker 1: We are live and direct from Boomer Jacks one O two five zero Technology thirty five in Northwest Highway, and we are here because of the Arlington Renegades. Yeah, the Arlington Renegades have us in the house today. We're very excited for this. They kick off their season tomorrow. It's UFL football. They get going at Chalk Toaw Stadium tomorrow, three o'clock home opener and doors open at one point thirty. And so they're playing the San Antonio Bramas. So they're having a little fan meet up at this Boomerjacks where a bunch of Renegades fans are going to be here and a bunch of Bramas fans are going to be here, and they're just gonna enjoy some tasty apps and cold drinks together. And it rolls right into you know, NCAA tournament basketball on about I mean, what is there a thousand TVs in here?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So you just come here and you hang out, you hang out with your friends, there're any gags, and then you look up suddenly the games are on. You've totally made your Friday afternoon perfect.
Speaker 4: I don't neglect Game three of the Rangers Game three, Game three, but Saturday, oh so spend the night here?
Speaker 2: Waits what about tonight.
Speaker 3: It's talking about today.
Speaker 1: Oh to come back tomorrow, Yeah, come back tomorrow. Yes, it all runs to it all runs together. So when the sun sets right over there, oh, you go sleep in your car and then you wake up the sun's over there, and then you walk right back in.
Speaker 2: And there's a ranger game. Yeah, Jack Lighters tonight.
Speaker 1: But more specifically, I would love to see this boomer Jacks get flooded with people today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, because I want them to go Wow that Ben and Skin show the Eagle.
Speaker 1: I love this. We need to have them out here more often. I also want to tease fans of the Brahmas. They were so close to being the Lamas and they dropped the real They could have done that. But people are already coming out here hanging out with us. We're grateful. There's already some Arlington Renegades fans in the house that are chill.
Speaker 2: What's up boys doing? Is that the English back there?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, there he is, you know tim English.
Speaker 1: The thing that's amazing, too is with all these TVs on, Christina hadn't even noticed there's a dog surfing right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was by the dancing in the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's also the Mick Jagger David Bowie video for dancing in the street on that TV and a dog is surfing over there. That video would be better if it's the one without the music. You just hear their sounds they're making.
Speaker 2: Look at the size of the pockets on Mick Jagger's shirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there's a lot of stuff for us to get into today. We'll have a good time on this presentation. I can promise you that I did see something. Well, I got two things. One thing is news that I'm seeing out there in the universe that had eluded me over the last forty eight hours, and that is that Facebook is launching a friend's only feed. Okay, And essentially what this is going to do is kill the algorithm. The algorithm is evil. The algorithm just is what social media. It's what tells you on social media what to look at. In other words, the algorithm looks at your social media feed and it's like, oh, okay, you like Trump, for instance, well, we're only going to feed you stuff that involves Trump looking really good. Or if you're a Democrat, they're like, we're only going to feed you stuff that makes Trump look bad or whatever it is, it's it, and so that is what is polarizing our country and get people further further away from the middle. And the algorithm, like for me, thinks I only want to look at you know, ai guilf not real guilf ai ai guilt, and so it feeds me that on my on my timeline, and like Christina, your algorithm thinks you want to look at dogs surfing dogs, right kt Dave Matthews playlist, Sure Skin documentaries on Noodles. There's a really great thing that popped up on my feed today and it was the Steely Dan Boys pulling up the original tracks from the album Asia and talking about a synthesizer they were used.
Speaker 2: Okay, the synthesizer and.
Speaker 1: We're talking about how they were using it in place of a flute.
Speaker 2: It's pretty bad. That's incredible.
Speaker 1: But the algorithm does whatever it can do to keep you on social media longer so they can sell more advertising around that social media platform. So basically, what Facebook is saying, we're gonna have a tab.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna change their.
Speaker 1: Whole business, but they're gonna have a tab where you can just say click this button and instead of the algorithm feeding you what it thinks you want to see.
Speaker 2: It's actually just what are your friends up to?
Speaker 1: And so then your friends are just talking about Trump. Now if you're if your friends are just talking about Trump, either way, you're still just right right right, But it's now it's legitimately what it's a social network instead of just being a news network. So I honestly this is this is gonna be amazing that t y'all that I don't know this currently. Facebook puts stuff in your feed that you don't follow, like it just starts. Yeah, there's different there. Okay, yeah, but I really didn't know. Yeah, every every platform does that. And so if you're on Instagram, that's what Instagram's doing, that's what Twitter's doing, that's what TikTok is doing, because their goal is just to sell as much advertised as they can. And they're like, oh, look, this guy's getting online for a few minutes. What is he most passionate about. Oh he likes documentaries about noodles. Now that's all they're going to feed you. So they're like, you'll maybe stay online a little bit longer and just e all the.
Speaker 3: Noodles try to sell you noodles. It is really bad on Instagram. I feel like I see more advertisements than actual posts right now. And I do buy a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for a reason. It's listening right. Yeah, you'll see ads for things that you've never searched.
Speaker 3: You've just talked about severance for me, so many Severance videos and stuff. Now, I'm like, I never have typed in severance in here.
Speaker 2: In my life. Severance is everywhere anyways.
Speaker 1: That's if that happens on Facebook, I think that'd be great. I hope to see that happen. I do have one other thing that I wanted to bring up to you guys, and that is I talked to a former Dallas Cowboy player today and Brandy White.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna tell you who is unless you guess it. Danny White.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'll just say it's not Bill Bates, Lucky White No, No, I like that guess though.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: You remember when Lucky Whitehead and Jay Crowder were best friends, just tearing up Dallas every night on that dog.
Speaker 3: Did you talk to Rowdy today?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: It wasn't Rowdy. Other guesses. Before I get to what I was gonna tell you, I can't think of a single other cowboy that ever existed, Okay except Jack Crawford, Jack Crawt.
Speaker 2: No, that's not it, good mate. Oh, who is the uh?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Was it Chilket?
Speaker 1: What was the name of the blonde fullback that now has a business with uh?
Speaker 2: Woodson? What?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: Uh? What's that guy's name? Dude?
Speaker 1: Tyler Klutz. Tyler Klutz is the best. Did you talk to him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't him, all right, but I wish I'd talked to Tyler Klutz. He's great, he's got the business. Darren Woodson, like.
Speaker 2: Said, there are other fullbacks that aren't mood.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a fullback and it was Rott Moose, Robert Newhouse.
Speaker 2: What position was it again, I'm not saying I think what it was? The position? I'll just say this, what side of the ball? Defensive side of the Oh? I know who it is more towards the front or the back the middle?
Speaker 1: Well, if I say this, you guys will figure out who it is, and then I can't even tell you what I'm trying to know who it is. Okay, you think you know? Okay, if you already know who I got it, I know you think you know? Yeah, Okay, did I tell you earlier?
Speaker 2: All right, I can't believe you got to talk to Tank. This is this is somebody? Is that the story?
Speaker 1: Who know the story? The story that I'm trying to tell you. It's great news for cowboy fans. Okay, this is great news I'm trying to share. You guys are staying. You guys are beating good news. I want to go to break now, all right, coming up next, tell the story. So he told me that he expects Mazzie Smith to be awesome moving forward. Okay, he thinks Mozzie Smith is going to be very good fun. And he said that because he didn't think he fit the previous system as well as he fits in Eberflus's system. And apparently people over there are very high on him right now. So what if that pick isn't a bust so it'd be huge.
Speaker 2: He didn't fit Mike Zimmer or Dan Quinson.
Speaker 1: Wait, what about what what is the what is the defensive system that requires you to lose every patchup?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Eberlues.
Speaker 1: What he likes is he likes the nose tackers to lose. I collapse the pocket the other way and then the ends sandwich in and tackle the guy right there now after about a three yard game.
Speaker 2: This should be good.
Speaker 1: This is this is a guy that just needed a third system.
Speaker 2: You guys suck. I was just trying to give some cowboys. I haven't given up on him. I feel good about it. I would feel better about it if you tell me who it was. I'll tell you in the break.
Speaker 1: Coming up next though, in the Hollywood Shuffle the ten Best Baseball Movies. I mouthed it to KT's couch, all right, that's coming up next, and it's just spot is a third system gonna be the difference for Mazzie Smith. As we broadcast from Boomer Jacks at one O two five zero.
Speaker 2: Technology thirty five in Northwest Highway.
Speaker 1: The Arlington Renegades have us out here, Come hang out, Come meet Tim English. It's gonna be badass, all right, we're having a great time, all right, to devil horns here all right. It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. And hanging out with us means that you would be at boomer Jacks right there on Technology Northwest Highway in thirty five. Come on, out and see us, because we're here for a big party with our friends, the Arlington Renegades. They are celebrating launching their season, and there's gonna be players.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, makes noise.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, we're gonna have players in the house between five and seven. If you want to come meet some actual Arlington Renegade players. Their fan club is here with us. They're the ones may and all that noise. And then, of course, if you want to get tickets for any of these games are on sale now at UFL Renegades dot com. Go to UFL Renegades dot com get tickets for the games because they are a heck of a lot of fun. The season kickoff is tomorrow at three pm at chock Toss Stadium, so make plans to go be a part of that. It is a good deal, by the way. That's the team that's head coaches, Bob Stoops. Yes, and they just sold some season tickets here at Boomer Jets. Really gentlemen right there, And that cowboy hat on the far right, Okay, yep, the outlaw just.
Speaker 2: Bought season tickets. Oh he just bought season ticket.
Speaker 1: Tim English was telling us that he has season tickets he's on the front row and the seats were only thirty bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's great. Think about that.
Speaker 1: Like, I just remember taking my kids, you know, to go see rough Riders games, and they didn't know, but I was for them. I didn't have to drive to Arlington, right, you know what I mean? I could just go to Frisco. But it's kind of a similar thing. The stadiums are right by other but you know, if you're that close to the action. I mean, imagine what those seats would cost if they were at Jerry World. Oh my god, you wouldn't be able to afford him. I mean that's basically just the price of an app these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's really great.
Speaker 1: If you would like to win tickets to BFD, we got you. How about this. Use the iHeart app, It's free, Use the talkback feature, it's cool. Leave your name number, phone number rather email address, and the first person that can tell us which Dallas cowboy did Ben just promise is going to have a miraculous season because an inside source told him now.
Speaker 2: Is his time in year three. I'm not that is not the Jason Witten.
Speaker 1: Let people win these BFD tickets, man, Come on, dude, what are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm not guaranteeing that.
Speaker 1: So earlier in the previous segment, been guaranteed that a Maverick or Maverick, that a cowboy defensive player will have his breakout year in year three.
Speaker 2: I'm giving you hints.
Speaker 1: Because finally the flu system puts him in position to do what Ben is guaranteeing that he'll do. So go and use the talkback feature and you will win these BFD tickets. May twenty fifth, we going to be in the house dose Qi's pavilion. It is kick ass. Come on out and see us. We're having a lot of fun. It's a great way to spend a Friday happy hour style with our friends, the Arlington Renegades at Boomer Jacks in Dallas offa technology.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for.
Speaker 1: This juicy moves hot God ever, come.
Speaker 2: Stay on top in the shovel, so I.
Speaker 4: Go second that I want to do, because we're gonna do it. Yesterday when we were at opening day and we had a big wind tunnel that moved us inside live by loads the hotel who were so accommodating.
Speaker 2: Thanks to them, Jesus, they were awesome. Oh my god, I had so much fun yesterday. P last yesterday was awesome.
Speaker 1: I stayed at Live by Lows and watched the entire Maverick game.
Speaker 2: Really yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't get out of there till like eight thirty or nine, the segment that was oh, go ahead, No, I was just kidding. Is that where you watch the Tech game too?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't stay until midnight. Oh that was midnight late.
Speaker 1: Oh, but I left right after the mav game and I got home in time for the second half. Because the Duke game and the Tech game, we're like, worry about running concurrently and when you got down at what So the Duke game started earlier and then at one point there was two and a half minutes left in both games at the same time, and they were really good games. I hate that I missed that YouTube TV's got the multiview function two.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't use it because I have two tiny TVs in my living room.
Speaker 2: That's a brag. It's a weird breag. But before that.
Speaker 4: Wind Tunnel hit, because it was Opening Day, I was in Dude the best Baseball Movies based off of list that the fart Knockers over at MLB dot Com.
Speaker 2: Made that we can trust them.
Speaker 1: Well, their baseball, it's what they do. It's their website, all right. So number one is bang the drums slowly.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna type it in and see how you did there. Twelve you get twelve points. You want to have the lowest number.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but if you guess wrong, you get zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't make you get one hundred points at it? Okay, So how many movies are on there? Said twelve for skin twenty five? Okay, you want to have.
Speaker 2: The lowest amount of points.
Speaker 1: So if you guess a movie that's not on there, you get a hundred points.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay. And the rules to the game.
Speaker 1: You know it's great. Is if I had known the rules beforehand, I don't know. He was gonna just plug.
Speaker 2: Wait yeah, time, that's true. You never know, all right, it's not radio man. Yeah, sandlight. Oh, let's find out how real this list is?
Speaker 3: Right, okay?
Speaker 2: And you know what fair fair? All right? Damn k T just said safe safe?
Speaker 3: Eh?
Speaker 2: The natural Number one I thought Ben was going to go on is uh.
Speaker 4: I thought Ben's gonna go onto Sandlot route rant And I was gonna say, you're killing me, smalls oh, that didn't happen. The natural seven been in the lead after one round with the lowest. Again, the rules are you want to have the lowest. Okay, so number seven was the natural where he had what tuberculosis?
Speaker 2: Or no, what did he have?
Speaker 1: He got stabbed by or shot by a gal by a ghost hooker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that movie gets weirder and weirder every time people talk about it.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a Norm McDonald bit.
Speaker 1: You know she got he got shot there by you know, a ghost hooker, hey man, and they're.
Speaker 2: Snuck upon him.
Speaker 1: Garbage, because that reminds me of a kid peel bit. Because this guy says a joke and no one laughs, and someone else says that everyone laughs.
Speaker 3: Everyone just cracked up.
Speaker 1: Everyone gets mad in your head like he just repeated the same thing.
Speaker 2: He's just a reference. They just love the bad Norm McDonald.
Speaker 4: She snuck upon him because she was a hooker. No, she was a ghost.
Speaker 2: So go ahead round too.
Speaker 1: I'm not good for him today, guys, you have just qualified yourself. Okay, I am going to go because of who these people are, with what they experience, I'll go with Field of Dreams.
Speaker 2: Dang it, Field of Dreams. Damn yeah, yeah, one up.
Speaker 4: The skin goes to sixteen again. You want to have the lowest number? Okay again, Christina?
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh airbud seventh inning? Fetch Katie, Yes.
Speaker 2: No points done, not gonna make them.
Speaker 3: I'm out a baseball movies, guys.
Speaker 2: So she now has one hundred and eight eight points. Okay, moneyball? Oh Ben, moneyball? That's good.
Speaker 4: Then six okay, number six on the list. That puts Ben at thirteen, just ahead, So Skin sixteen Ben thirteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to I'll go with us, guys. I'll go with eight men out. Dang, eight men out? Number five? Okay, Skin up to twenty one points? There again, you want to have the lowest None of y'all got the top three yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, Christina, I got one Angels in the outfield?
Speaker 2: Okay twenty two?
Speaker 4: Oh girls, kind of hay playing center field? Jesse Gordon Levin as a kid yep one thirty guy from Back to the Future is the umpires on the falfol.
Speaker 2: I'll go with bad News Bears. Oh dude, good one. Let's wait wait which version? Well, yeah, we'll take play the man.
Speaker 4: Eleven really number eleven nineteen seventy six movie.
Speaker 2: How are there three that we haven't mentioned?
Speaker 4: So that puts been at twenty four, Skin at twenty one, Christina's at one thirty.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if they would include a movie that was on HBO but not uh and I'm I'm blanking. Was the name of the Roger As movie on HBO is.
Speaker 2: At sixty sixty one with the name of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll go with sixty one, and it's a risk because it wasn't in the theatre twenty three.
Speaker 4: Number twenty three on US takes Skin up to forty four. Again, you'll want to have the lowest number, Christina, I like that distinction.
Speaker 3: No, I missed that part. I thought we're going for Hyes, a League of their own KT.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, she's back in it. If she didn't give up with the air Bud thing, she'd be good.
Speaker 3: I had to say.
Speaker 2: It's number two on the list at one thirty.
Speaker 3: Wow, number two.
Speaker 2: I can tend Tom Hanks's best role. All right, I'm gonna go with Major League.
Speaker 4: That's a great Major League three Back to the Miners, starring Walt Goggins as Brian Downtown Anderson. No, but Major League is on the list, and it's on the list as number ten.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's been to thirty four. He's still ahead. I might be out of baseball movies, I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the final round, all right, don't screw it up. Yeah no, I'm just racking my brain for baseball movies. There's a couple pretty obvious ones.
Speaker 1: Oh, what was the one where Dennis Quaid was an old man that came back and.
Speaker 4: Tried to pitch again at the ballpark in Arlington. Yeah, talking about the rookie. Yeah, I'll take that one. Fourteen Okay, takes you to fifty eight.
Speaker 2: That movie could have been good, but Dennis Quaid, you know that's necessary commentary?
Speaker 4: Really, And she's like when he was in it, Yeah, it's the obvious one.
Speaker 2: The obvious one is number one.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks, Katie.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that, like, are we going to be really disappointed ourselves for not knowing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, it's squarely in your uh yeah, uh you know what. Let's go, I'll say your your your upcoming.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah right there, oh upbringing?
Speaker 1: Okay, oh oh yeah, Zick, Christine's turned.
Speaker 3: Ringing to guess basketball.
Speaker 2: Ohkay, that's pretty great.
Speaker 4: That's number one, you know, weirdly not a baseball movie, a new sport.
Speaker 3: I guess I need to rewatch it.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it is the top one basketball movie list.
Speaker 2: All right, this is for the.
Speaker 1: Win, Ben, and you're in a good position if you could just name one baseball movie that's on the list. The Tom Selleck vehicle. Okay, mister baseball.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, where he's in Japan? Will they like it on? It's not liking it? Not on the list. Oh my god, you jumped to one hundred and thirty four. Here's what I would have got you the win if I had thought of that.
Speaker 4: I guessed it for the love of the game with Costner, your guy. That would have lost you the game by one point. But what you guys missed was Cobb. You guys just missed a three thousand, which is kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Rookie of the year, the boy the kid breaks his arm. Yeah, pretty great.
Speaker 1: And then oh, the one where that monkey is the third baseman.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. The minor league friendship said, I did.
Speaker 1: Watched it on the way to work today, But you missed the number one.
Speaker 2: That was Bull Durham. Come on, you used to love Costner.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite movie. No, it's not, it's not. Oh damn, I should have got that though, should have got that. All right, thank you, Kevin. Happy baseball season, everybody. The Ben and Skin Show marches on. We're broadcasting from Boomer Jacks. It's the one at one oh two five zero Technology. It's thirty five in Northwest Highway. The Arlington Renegades have us out here. We're super stoked to be here. Tomorrow the Arlington Renegades get their seasons started against the San Antonio Bramas three pm at chalk TOAs Stadium in Arlington, and the home opener is happening against their biggest rival, and you can get there doors open at one point thirty. All right, more on that coming up momentarily. But coming up next, does Jerry Jones have his eye on a specific player in this draft? We'll discuss next. So you know, hearing that song reminds me that our own Christina Kray Cornbread Ray is in the most pot pular local Nirvana cover band in the history of cover bands.
Speaker 2: Oatmeal, Pizza and Blanket.
Speaker 3: No, it is just a pizza.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I thought I was gonna say blanket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's KT kept pronouncing the name of the band or saying it wrong. He was it's it's Oteal Pizza. It's not Blanket. He kept telling me Blanket also. But Kat was wanting you to promote your next gig.
Speaker 2: When is it?
Speaker 1: Because I whenever it is, I want the Metroplex to know, and I'm gonna stall for you. We got a lot of rockaholics listening to this. People listening to this radio station love Nirvana. You may not know this, but Christina care Cornbread Ray. She's not a poser, she's a shredder. She plays guitar in that band. In that band is kick ass and they're a local Nirvana cover band called Oatmeal Pizza. And you can go check them out online at Oatmeal Pizza dot com, I think, or follow them on social media.
Speaker 2: Guys, what do you think about him?
Speaker 4: So many great shows that I've seen before and I can't wait to see him again in the future.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: Didn't you just go see him in I saw them, not the last show they did it Andy's, but it was within the last six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody told me they just saw you at one of them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I bumped in several good listeners Mike Pee was there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Mike.
Speaker 3: P and his daughter come to a lot and his wife as well. They're very sweet almost every show, just like Carrie and Raphael too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Good people. So when is the next show?
Speaker 3: Okay, the next show? Thank you finally Sorry, Well, we're playing pizza Fest a pizza fest, and so I wanted to make sure where it was. It'll be April twenty seventh, Dallas Pizza Fest.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's something you created.
Speaker 3: No surprisingly, but it's a pizza Yeah. So you can catch oat Mill Pizza playing at pizza Fest April twenty seventh. That's our next show.
Speaker 2: Where is that? And June at oatmeal Fest too.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to go to that one.
Speaker 2: All right, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: This isn't Graham Prairie.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, Katie? What do you think about Katie? You just actually had a really good joke. All right.
Speaker 1: This segment is brought to you by Hertato Barbecue some of the best barbcue you've ever had in your life, or Totto Barbecue. If you went to opening day then you got to experience it there.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it is amazing.
Speaker 1: Two locations in Global Live Field A separate location in Arlington, one in Mansfield, one in Fort Worth, and now one in Dallas at the Farmers Market. We love love, Love for Tatle Barbecue. We are broadcasting live today from Boomer Jacks one O two to five zero Technology at thirty five in Northwest Highway. The Arlington Renegades have us out here today. They're having their season opener tomorrow, Arlington Renegades against San Antonio Bramas. That's three pm tomorrow in Arlington at Chalk Toass Stadium. Doors open at one point thirty. But this is UFO UFL football. This is Stoops country, dude, This is the Stoops team. And so San Antonio Bramas a lot of their fans are en route right now from San Antonio. They're gonna meet here at this Boomer Jacks and they're gonna have two huge passionate fan bases, all enjoying tasty beverages and food together. It's fantastic, right, are you kidding me? I mean, I just had a burger and it was phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Feels dangerous though, you know, you get the Brahmas, the enemies coming in here, and you know, just kind of squaring off with the outsiders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the thing is about saying I tried to get out of each other, right. I wanted to get mad at San Antonio one point when the Spurs were so good. But the reality is those are good people. First of all, there's a bunch of military people in San Antonio and almost the whole population is cowboy fans. Yeah, so it's hard to get too mad. Plus Spurs are such a class the organization.
Speaker 4: And I heard on TV they got a lot of big girls because those Churros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that right? That's what you heard.
Speaker 1: That's the name of the San Antonio team, right, San Antonio Churros.
Speaker 2: Don't shoot the messenger. I heard it on TV.
Speaker 1: And how do you want to say this? We're here because of the Renegades, and we're grateful. It's gonna be a lot of fun. They got some of their players are going to be coming out here hanging out in a little bit five o'clock, right, but yes, from five to seven of their quarterback is going to be here, I believe. But I do want to say thank you to Boomer Jacks for having us as well.
Speaker 2: Happy hour all day, every day.
Speaker 1: Three dollars domestic drafts four dollars Wells, and six dollars Tito's. Plus even more daily drink deals starting at just three dollars at boomer Jacks. Or if you're out late, you can go to boomer Jacks for a power hour Sundays through Thursdays from ten to eleven pm. You can get two dollars domestic drafts. That's good between ten and eleven. Two dollars domestic drafts, two dollars green tea shots, and two dollars wells. Open it until two am daily, serving the full menu, So if you're out late, it's a great place to go for that. Boomer Jack's a great place to go watch all the tournament action that's happening.
Speaker 2: That's what Skin was referencing.
Speaker 1: So if you're looking for somewhere to watch the tournament, go see any of the local boomer Jacks locations.
Speaker 2: They are awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you to boomer Jacks, Thank you to the Arlington Renegades.
Speaker 2: And right now it's time for this. It's good listeners. Here comes KT fun tweets were rounds.
Speaker 4: Now, let's go around the sports KG fun tweets.
Speaker 2: As all the sports. Yeah, we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Some hoop stuff at five point forty, including Mark Cuban getting into a fight with the former MAVs employee. But we'll get to that at five forty. I think that'd be fun the other day. Well, listen, we'll start here. Actually, Deon Sanders got a new contract at Colorado finally. Remember about three months ago, everyone's like, uh, they're talking about something. Maybe Dean could be the next head coach of the Cowboys, And a lot of people are like, well, maybe it's just negotiating his contract. Jerry's doing him as solid kind of was five years at fifty four million dollars for Deon Sanders to just chill at Colorado.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're a college football coaches agent and your client had a good season, if you can't just make up a rumor that he's on the short list of something and get him a new contract, you're terrible at your job.
Speaker 2: Yep, right, I mean that's the game. So this is where this is where like some of these like NFL.
Speaker 4: Draft people start to get serious, like the the TV analyst or whatever. This is where you can really start listening to what they're saying now, because a lot of times they're not making stuff up. Jeremiah is one of those guys and he used to be a scout whatever.
Speaker 2: So he's on the NFL network does the thing.
Speaker 4: Here's why he tweeted the other day, I missed the days when the Cowboys were aggressive and fun.
Speaker 2: They should spice it up and trade for Travis Hunter.
Speaker 4: For those that don't know, Travis Hunter is Dion Sanders unofficial fourth son. He is the Heisman Trophy winner and he plays wide receiver and cornerback. Who said that, Daniel Jeremiah so God Jared and he's he didn't do they not?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So if if that's real, what would they have to get because you you were saying this earlier in the week KT, So what would the Cowboys if they wanted to go get Travis Hunter. Let's say Jerry was in love with that. I mean that is a marketing Bonanza'd be like getting Dion and Michael Irvin together in one person.
Speaker 2: Man, I got Dion and Michael Irvin together? Can the world handle that?
Speaker 4: This is where it's it's a little confusing because you have the Titans at one and they're gonna take Cambell. He's the quarterback from Miami who came out of dude. He did not even play high school, Like he went played in a running offense in high school, but then he played. He was at Washington State with the now un T head coach Eric Morris. Okay, that's where he was. He was the offense coordinator with Mike Leach. Okay, well it was the other guy actually, Chack. So that that's number one, Like he's going to the Titans unless some crazy happens.
Speaker 2: Two is the Browns.
Speaker 4: Everyone thinks they're going to take abdual Carter from Penn State.
Speaker 2: They might not.
Speaker 4: They could do Schador if they wanted to. I mean, they might be up to something there. Three is the Giants. The Giants have a GM and a head coach who are going to get fired after this year, but are still in that desperation mode. So they just signed Jamis Winston and Russell Wilson, which doesn't make a lot of sense. So's the question is what would you have to give up? Is like how high do you have to go? Well, you're at twelve, do you have to go up to five? You'd have to probably get the top four, So yeah, you're giving up twelve, your second round pick, probably next year's first round pick.
Speaker 1: If you're like so, I thought for the longest time Travis Hunter was going to be the number one pick. If you're telling me that I have to get to four, I would consider giving up a lot. And here's the main reason. I have been operating under the assumption that Mazzie Smith was a bus and I just found out that they were gifted a dominant interior defensive lineman for this upcoming season, And so now I don't need as much draft cap. Right you were guaranteed that, right, Yes? Okay, So they have so many problems, so many holes. They need more draft picks. They give up a fourth round pick for Trey Lance, they traded fourth round pick for Jonathan Mingo. They've wasted fourth round picks. They need those picks. They don't use free agency to supplement their roster very much, so they need those draft picks. But you're saying, give up multiple draft picks for one human.
Speaker 2: The only reason I positions he does play two positions.
Speaker 1: The only reason I would be here for it is because it would be perfect for Cowboy Chaos.
Speaker 2: It would be fun I want, but it.
Speaker 1: Would not be the right move to make to build it pragmatically and wisely and intelligently, it just wouldn't be the right thing to do.
Speaker 4: And Sir, this morning, Diana Russinia on her podcast on the Athletic just did the You know, she's insider and she did the thing too, like she's an insider.
Speaker 2: Oh she did the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, zech I'm hearing Jerry Jones really likes Travis Hunter.
Speaker 2: I mean I get it. Of course he likes in the league, likes Travis Hunter.
Speaker 4: But from the economic standpoint, I do think that could be something that could be enticing. Yeah, but I have to pay him like the top wide receiver or the top cornerback.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I agree. We've been having the nation player.
Speaker 1: We've been having this discussion over time, and I agree with skin and that you can't be both in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: I'd be great if he could be a full time player on both sides. But I think the reality is that you pick one side. He's full time, so he's either your number two wide receiver to CD and arguably he's maybe he's close to his good, but he's your number two receiver, and then he's like your fourth corner.
Speaker 4: Well, this is where being tired, hurts you on defense, or you can't have him.
Speaker 1: On the fields, or he's or he's your best corner like Dion was, and then he's.
Speaker 2: Your third, fourth, or fifth receiver.
Speaker 1: I think the number one reason why you can't have a guy in modern football play both sides of the balls because their body will not hold up. You're you're talking about when you play one side of the ball, you're having contact half the game. When you're playing both sides of the ball, you're having contact on every snap, and it's like your body will not hold up, especially if you're a specialty player. Uh, you can feel feel free to disagree. I mean like there's people that think Kyrie Irving got an a c L because he played too many minutes. Like we can all we're talking about an abstract. We can disagree on this all day. I would be very surprised if a person the size of Travis vawn Or could play every snap of professional football and their body hold up. Now, if I was drafting that guy, I would draft that guy to be a full time cornerback, and I would use him as a third down wide receiver.
Speaker 2: And he's stopped ten pounds, He's like one hundred ninety pounds. Yeah, he's not a giant.
Speaker 4: Gow's the thing though, I don't think this is what's stopping me from going there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think we've seen this before.
Speaker 4: Like, if we have, it's someone who's not famous, like dude, Dion did not play all the snaps at wide receiver and all the snaps.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't.
Speaker 4: He plays Hunters, the only one who's done it, and he did it at an elite level. And when he did get tired, they did leave him out there, but there shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: There was one year that the Cowboys went out of their way to say, all right, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get the uninvolved. He's going to be way more involved. And he was way more. I think he had six hundred yards. Yeah, and he returned kicks, returned punts.
Speaker 1: I mean, but also you know famously too, Dion didn't make contact on defense.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's go short term real quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what if I need him to play primary early cornerback, he's going to be playing wide receiver.
Speaker 2: We will watch this up and then when Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 4: Is back and we're kind of covered a little bit, then we can like really like take that off of him a little bit more. There's a way to management manage it, and you got to be really smart about it. But this hasn't been done, and this is why I'm not doubting it. But no, no, no, I willn't know this.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm saying the reason it hasn't been done is because there's not a human that exists that's body can withstand that. And if that's an interesting idea, though, what if you was a full time wide receiver and a nickel cornerback, right? You know, either way you have to choose one is his main thing, but I think they need a corner more.
Speaker 4: His agent may be tell people, if you're trying to put me at one, don't draft me.
Speaker 2: I ain't going all right, there's a lot Dion is highly involved in his.
Speaker 1: Okay, just like well again, Eon did not make contact on defense. If KT is saying it, and who you say, Jay Daniel, Jeremiah Dodger, DJ Jeremon Dodger. If both of you guys are saying that there's something to it, because neither one of you are doctor clickbait guys, I.
Speaker 4: Mean Dad, Travis will get any GM's motor running downstairs.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? Yeah? Did somebody pay you to say that? Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, coming up Bucks, Coming up next, Everybody loves List. You get to hear An Arnold Chris Arnold intro and we talk about toxic workplace traits and we rank them. That's next right here, live from Boomer Jacks at one O two five Oho Technology thirty five in Northwest Highway, thanks to our friends at the Arlington Renegades who get their season started tomorrow against the San Antonio Bramos three pm at Chalk Tow Stadium. Doors open at one point thirty tomorrow in Arlington. That is gonna be awesome, all right. But coming up next toxic workplace rankings is the ben In Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. We are hanging out at Boomer Jacks in Dallas off Technology Boulevard right here at Northwest Highway in thirty five, and we are celebrating a big opening kickoff weekend for our good friends the Arlington Renegade. Yeah, make now in about fifteen minutes here, some players are going to show up and hang out.
Speaker 2: They'll be here from five to seven.
Speaker 1: Don't forget the opening first game up the season, Renegades versus the Brahmas of San Antonio is tomorrow or yeah, tomorrow at three o'clock Choctaw Stadium. Get tickets for that bad boy and really anything you want to do with our friends or Renegades at UFL Renegades dot com. But anyways, come on out and hang out with us. Now it's time for your MAVs A minute brought to you by Sunset at McKinny Amphitheater right there and McKinny and the Mavericks won last night one oh one to ninety two. Behind your guy Jaden Hardy, Let's go, dude, he needs to step up. Twenty two points in twenty minutes on five of six shooting from three.
Speaker 2: Good for him, he had a good game.
Speaker 1: Anthony Davis did not have a good game shooting wise. I think it was five to nineteen from the floor. But anyways, that was a good win for the MAVs who are now two and one on this road trip and play Chicago tomorrow night. It can be heard right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. That pregame starts at six thirty, I believe with tip at seven Okay, is that right? And Chicago just had a crazy ending to the game last night against the Lakers the Josh Giddy Show. They have won four in a row. Will they be primed for a letdown? Tune in to find out. And of course, if you want to know more about the sunset at mckinne Amphitheater, go to Sunset Texas dot com that Sunset Texas dot com for information on how to own a fire, pitch sweet, or join the Apeman Club.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. Everybody loves this. I've been saying it for years and years and years. Why Well, because people do love list. Can you say I've got a list? It's like saying squirrel too dog. Everybody loves this, and.
Speaker 5: Uh, pe you some money to list stuff, because I know that you list things so good on the closest to list god that I've.
Speaker 1: Ever seen, and know that I've got like these things that are kind of insorted that need to be listed, and I.
Speaker 3: Don't want.
Speaker 5: Because I know.
Speaker 1: I see so.
Speaker 2: I need this day. Say.
Speaker 1: I mean, people power rank anything and everything nowadays, but they've always loved lists.
Speaker 2: Everybody loves lists.
Speaker 4: Yes, new data reveals a troubling increase of toxic behaviors in the workplace. This data put together by actor Ed Harris and Harris Poll is out. Okay, and I got a lot of people to the top five common workplace behaviors that aren't good. Aren't good. Let's just see if we've taken part in any of this BS all right. Number one gossiping. You guys been gossiping, been gossiping, But.
Speaker 2: I will save.
Speaker 1: The breakroom has not been as just kidding gold And it's actually beautiful in.
Speaker 2: There Golden crushes. Yeah she does.
Speaker 1: She's nominated for an American Women in Media Award to Yeah, went the Unsung Hero Award.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great. Definitely win that part without her. Yeah, you know, it's common. Gossip is everywhere.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say it's it's in every little walk of life, Like there's gossip at your church?
Speaker 2: What at your church?
Speaker 3: Church?
Speaker 2: Everyone at the church is like that deacon has been up to something. Yeah, he's been freaking. They call him the freaking I.
Speaker 4: Saw him smoking a cigarette the other day. He's got a tattoo and it's not a Jesus tattoo either.
Speaker 2: That's how they talk, Is that right? Women church. That's how they all sound.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number two, unprofessional communication. You know, you can't call someone a mofo in an email chain, you know this paper trail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a good idea if you're upset about something, especially in corporate America, to wait until you've had time to calm down before you respond via email. Yes, absolutely, but then you get criticized for a slow response.
Speaker 4: I would also counter with not counters add on by saying unprofessional communication, I would say some just basic grammar mistakes. It is a problem, you know, because sometimes I'll uh, and I'm not perfect, but I'll read an email. I'll be like, I don't fully get the sentence here. Yeah, and that's not professional.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: To me, I use emojis sometimes. I know that's not professional.
Speaker 2: I can't help it.
Speaker 3: I want them to know it's it's not bad. Exclamation point and a smiley face I am saying.
Speaker 1: I would say in the modern world, that's actually probably good to imply tone.
Speaker 4: When you do an email and it's got the eggplant and then the sprinkles after it, I like to that's in my.
Speaker 1: Footer always does that to us, it means.
Speaker 2: It's it's kind of like it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of like, uh, you know, people say man bites dog. Ye, it's the reverse the crop is watering. Yeah, it's like a man bites dog.
Speaker 2: Really deep.
Speaker 4: Number three on this Ed Harris poll avoiding working or collaborating with other employees. What I actually like putting the foot down and going I will not, by.
Speaker 2: Any means do anything anything with Jeff k Yeah, it's a good line to draw. Co remote same place.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to put me somewhere else because our past.
Speaker 2: We have run into that before.
Speaker 1: Really really yeah, well.
Speaker 2: At Boomer Jets, No, we look.
Speaker 1: The radio business is a tough business, and so sometimes people don't want to be friends. They're worried about uh you know, hey, I'm just looking out for ourselves here.
Speaker 2: We don't know how this is going to go. So I understand number four.
Speaker 4: Is excluding employees, which I would say considering I'm not tagged on most I heard email change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing how many people that I heart don't realize Kevin works with us.
Speaker 4: I mean, to be fair, I was fired for five days, yeah.
Speaker 2: Was it five days?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then your card didn't work for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was out.
Speaker 4: I was out playing golf on week what I thought was week one of twelve weeks of severance, and I got the text message that says.
Speaker 2: Your termination has been paused. I was like, okay, but what does that mean?
Speaker 1: We have to have kat And they're like, okay, now which one see do we have to include him on email change?
Speaker 2: And you know, the.
Speaker 4: Person that said that text was fired within a couple of weeks too.
Speaker 2: America, very excusing.
Speaker 1: It's fun to say that your termination has been paused, because that will imply that it will be re unpaused.
Speaker 2: Pause number five on this Del Harris poll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of Maths fans out there are also Lakers fans love the early eighties Rockets fans taking credit for other people's work awful.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I think for a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it does get weird in the today game because we can't tell who's to be credited for all that.
Speaker 2: It is bad.
Speaker 3: Ye'll dodge it, no seriously, Like Katis like this too, I like overly, you know, make sure it's someone whoever did it gets the credit. My no, no, that was all him. He did that.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not going to keep your job long doing that. Well, you got to make sure to lie and take credit for stuff.
Speaker 2: To keep your job. That's right, that's smart. We should do that egregiously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like if if you know, kiss has a big of it, the Kick Credit show, let's just tell us just go there, let's go highly popular and syndicated kid credits showed descepthing huge. We need to act like we were a big part of it, right.
Speaker 1: I remember when I brought kid Katick to iHeart Right, you were the guy about thirty years. We were all Grand Marshalls together in the Greenville Avenue when we were Yeah, we were.
Speaker 2: All we all did that well, mar from that that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: I remember getting Bow and Jim together. Those are nice people though. The kid love them so nice man.
Speaker 2: And I love taking credit for their success.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should rank them by niceness, all right, I will say, yeah, j C is the nicest. Oh shots fired at Alan Kelly, then I would agree with that, big al Then Kelly Kelly, I mean.
Speaker 2: Have you ever played black jack with Kelly at Chuck Tak What a time? No, I'm gonna I'm gonna say Kelly number one too late? What about part time? Justin Justin's awesome part time. Justin is awesome.
Speaker 1: He's number one, j C two, Kelly three, Big Al four. I trust, I trust Justin about part of the time.
Speaker 2: What about the girl that does the Taylor Swift podcast. Oh yeahs. They have a lot of yeah half so many people.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of people, good, good people. All Right, There you have it.
Speaker 2: There is we don't.
Speaker 1: Luckily, we don't have to deal with any toxic workplace stuff. We love all of our colleagues. Coming up next in the Weekday Update, the Wildest Police Chief ever.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss that.
Speaker 1: As we continue broadcasting line from boomer Jacks at one O two to five OHO Technology thirty five in Northwest Highway, the Arlington Renegades have us out here and they've got some of their players coming. Those players are going to be here for five to seven. This party is going on long after the Benin Skin Show end. So come join us at boomer Jacks one O two five zero Technology and big ups to the Garlington Renegades, their rivals, the San Antonio Bramas.
Speaker 2: Their fans are en route right now to this boomer Jacks.
Speaker 1: It's going to be flooded with fans from both teams and they square off tomorrow three pm at Chalk Toass Stadium. Doors open at one thirty tomorrow for the UFL season opener for your Arlington Renegades. All right, coming up next, the wildest police Chief ever. Yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin show coming to you live from boomer Jacks at one O two five oo Technology Boulevard man at thirty five in Northwest Highway. The Arlington Renegades have usat here. They got their big season opener tomorrow three o'clock at Choctaw Stadium. And dude, they square off with their hated rival, the San Antonio Bramas.
Speaker 2: But I mean.
Speaker 1: There is and both fan bases are here together enjoying boomer Jacks.
Speaker 2: They're breaking bread together. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's kind of crazy because four women walked in, all wearing San Antonio Obamas gear and all got booed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, I've never seen four very kind women just get booted it once.
Speaker 2: That's all good hearted fun, it appears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those women all put double birds up to eight hours, flipping everyone all.
Speaker 2: It was great. They dropped their fans. It's swaggering here. This is a wild boomer Jacks. There's Boomer Cracks for a minute.
Speaker 1: Some of the players are starting to appear. There will be some of the players up here from five to seven. If you're looking for something fun to do tonight, this is going to be going on into the evening here at the Boomer Jacks at one O two five zero Technology. We love our friends at Boomer Jacks, by the way, great place to come late at night. If you're partying this weekend and you're like, man, they keep that kitchen open late.
Speaker 2: It's really really cool.
Speaker 1: Speaking of kitchens, this segment is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. It is the best pizza in town, according to readers of the Dallas Morning News. When have they ever been wrong? Like a bunch of people, a bunch of people that read shows. They're intelligent, right right, and uh, they love good pizza.
Speaker 2: They know we know that.
Speaker 1: And so if all shows they're intelligent, if all those smart pizza loving people say yeah, yeah, Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, that's the pizza joint, that's number one in town. You should go check it out. Stop by this weekend. There's only one location in town. It's in plain at Plato Parkway in Preston Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: But right now it's stand for.
Speaker 3: This and now each time for Bass Weekday Up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt Fon.
Speaker 1: Tweets hero of the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, Friday Weekday Update.
Speaker 2: You know we got some weird ones.
Speaker 4: Oh so two weeks ago today, there's a woman who is running naked through Terminal D of DFW Airport. Happens all the time at three thirty in the afternoon too. Yeah, we were on the air talking about god knows what, and she's naked and she's sprinting.
Speaker 2: You could hear chariots a fire playing.
Speaker 4: She's sprinting, yep, okay, and then she opened a fire exit door and then they, you know, the people there surround her. Witnesses told police officers that she had stabbed someone with a pencil.
Speaker 1: Oh who told her that?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Witnesses told the police that she had stabbed someone with a pencil.
Speaker 2: So trying to figure out the details, you get lead poisoning.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, is that it's a real thing and you could die several years later. Okay, So where was she carrying you talked about when you were eight.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I saw a video of this.
Speaker 1: First of all, I saw the headline naked woman lose her mind at at the airport, and so I go look at him, like, Okay, I'm not expecting it to be that much fun to look at.
Speaker 2: It's pretty fun to look at that, right, Yeah, not bad looking, so going to look.
Speaker 1: But yeah, she is having a full on breakdown and everyone is worried about how to deal with it because no one wants to grab her or stop her.
Speaker 3: So it goes for a naked guy too, right, No one.
Speaker 6: Wants to It's lot easier to grab my man said, there's a hangdown, and so everyone was terrified of how to stop her or corral her or grab her.
Speaker 2: So this went on forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like it was a pretty wild event because there was a nearby restaurant kitchen manager and there's you know, tons of restaurants up there, and they tried to He tried to grab her, and then she bit him on his forearm, so he starts bleeding. She also grabbed a pencil out of his shirt pocket. There's a shirt pocket guy, I now know not to wear not to have a pencil there, because she takes the pencil out of the shirt pocket and then stabs him multiple times in the face.
Speaker 2: But oh, it was.
Speaker 1: A mechanical pencil, so the lead kept breaking off immediately. Wait wait, multiple pencil stabs to the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's what did you stand there and not defend him? There's a huge pull of blood. Okay, just go four arm up. This sounds it.
Speaker 1: This sounds that it was exactly like that dog incident with the guy from the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: It's a little so she's done. One is this link that she said, does it have the neked lady in it? I don't think the one I sent and did?
Speaker 4: Where do I find? Just don't you know who you work with? He's search DFW naked woman.
Speaker 2: If either of us are asking for something, you know what we're asking for. I can show you on my computer. It's beeped out. It's bleeped out.
Speaker 1: Thought, why don't you waste my time twice?
Speaker 2: Let me show your rated R movie with no cuss words.
Speaker 4: So they finally calm her down and they they take her in for questioning, and when speaking to police, she told them that she was a goddess who had come from hell and like, okay, well how'd you get here?
Speaker 2: Do you have a car?
Speaker 4: She's like, yeah, I arrived at the airport in a car that I had manifested.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the three dog, the three headed dog at Gates.
Speaker 2: This is the three headed dog. This isn't that gal that got real popular?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is he playing ladies looking good better than Casket Girl? Is that right? I disagree? Oh, I'll take casket Girl over.
Speaker 1: Okay, I found it. Warning Graphic Company, hang on a second.
Speaker 4: As whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I'm gonna die before you guys, and when I do, I would like for you guys to hire some hot women to take pictures in front of my coffin John, just as a nod.
Speaker 2: To Casky Girl the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely explain it to my wife here. He said it on the radio show at a boomer Jacks. Remember that day that the Earlington retigads that boomer Jacks did not say something crazy?
Speaker 2: Favorite UFL moment. Another story that's a little wild. This has been all over the news as well.
Speaker 3: Hold on, real quick, did you explain why she went crazy?
Speaker 4: It was a bad mental health episode, that's it. Okay, that's what you're going with. Sorry, that's what they're going with. Well, there's some sad elements to this story. She had eight year old daughter with her. Oh why didn't you lead with that Friday? We would have had some fun. Now it feel bad for the fun.
Speaker 2: Christina was making a lot of jokes and now she feels terrible.
Speaker 3: Now I brought it. I brought it back up. It was my fault.
Speaker 2: But you know, I can't find this naked woman anywhere.
Speaker 4: She was good until oh yeah, they I think we put the bad blocker, the the you're on child mode?
Speaker 2: Are I took off? Whose photo? Are you going? Oh? He doesn't know your settings.
Speaker 4: But here's where she's She's in trouble because the decision to grab the pencil out of the Chili's restaurant manager's shirt pocket.
Speaker 2: Yep, what or TGI Fridays? I would imagine there's a big difference there. Hold on, what's aggravated assault now? Okay? With a deadly weapon now right? Because of the lead poisoning, that's twenty years in prison to none? Okay? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's different, tragic, But you I'm caught up. There's a huge difference between Chili's and TGI Fridays. I think I speak on behalf of everyone listeners. Oh, of course, could you please just not try to throw those two together.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking things I've seen in an airport. That's where I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there is a Friday's also and a Chili's too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At the by the way, I went to TMZ to find it, and I did see this headline that you guys, we're talking about a leed scream gang bank man.
Speaker 2: Next story, why don't you calm down?
Speaker 1: She faces a stiff sentenced you did you make that up?
Speaker 3: Or do they?
Speaker 4: Her name is Brittney Fortonberry. She is a thirty one year old teacher from Indiana.
Speaker 2: To have a picture.
Speaker 4: Hi the way, this is the second story. If you were having trouble following along. Six teenagers have accused her of sexual abuse.
Speaker 2: The teenagers like what age thirteen to seventeen? Jesus seventeen year olds are fine, we will keep that.
Speaker 3: Clean.
Speaker 2: Eric, our engineer getting a good life out of that. On fuck too, hey, talking about the boys. We have sent men to war for that, right, sure?
Speaker 3: Hold on? Angela Fortonberry, Brittany Fortenberry. Oh, Brittany Okay, Angela Forton Barry doing well?
Speaker 4: Reallyself, Okay, Britney Fortonberry is staring a lot of yours in prison in the Facebook.
Speaker 2: Here's what she was doing.
Speaker 4: She was making these boys put on the scream mask while they had group sex.
Speaker 2: All right, She's all normal up to this point. And then what when did he get weird? When the boys started talking? Okay, but hold on, that's when it's weird. Sorry, yeah, yeah, that part so they Yeah, it's not weird. Yeah, that part's weird. But the scream mask, that's a normal part of normal love. But the age thing is the problem. The age thing is the problem. It's less the mask. It's less the mask. But you're just saying it's an interesting wrinkle, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: One and those boys wanted more girls in the mix, right, Yeah, and and honestly other teachers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the boys told police that she spent six hundred dollars on him in a group of boys.
Speaker 2: To buy all the mask and stuff. Also, those masks aren't that much.
Speaker 4: Was at other times at a offering between one hundred and eight hundred dollars for photos of their genitals. Rose she sent them nudies as well. She and if you talk, she would do the uh, I'll kill myself.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So she is facing twenty nine felony charges disgusting, five short of what you need to be in charge. She could face twenty to forty years in prison on each count. So if the judge is like, why stack them up, Bob, there she goes, And Guys, I looked at she's not hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not insure in the story. If that's the case. Yeah, I saw a picture of my I'm good. What else is in the name.
Speaker 1: But but I will say this there first of all, that that's disgusting. But I'm just trying to go back in time to when I was seventeen, let's call it seventeen and eighteen and legal in Texas. Right. But you're like, I remember teachers that I thought were gorgeous, and I never would have felt like a victim as a seventeen or eighteen year old boy.
Speaker 2: Wow with the scream mask on.
Speaker 1: It didn't exist yet when we were in high school. But I had a list of teachers in my wallet the other day that I kept from high school.
Speaker 2: Right, Yet it's still that I was saying wallet. Yeah, same unused condom in the wallet. Yeah. Uh, what were you saying about missus lamdsay? She was a phenomenal teacher. But it was good. We're that was a Burgner Hall of Fame moment.
Speaker 1: By the way, we saw Paul marghese yesterday not in the Burgner Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: We actually is he not in yet? We need production value for That was a Burgner Hall of Fame moment. And this has been a Burgner Hall of Fame moment voiced over by Paul.
Speaker 1: Paul Marcus goes, why every time you'll talk about the Hall of Fame do.
Speaker 2: I come up for not? You realize there's tens of thousands of Burner kids or not in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: And you know, last week I think we googled up famous people from Irving or something.
Speaker 2: So maybe we'll do that for some of the other cities moving forward.
Speaker 1: But like, okay, so the stories grows, discussing on every level, but I want I want to get away from the underage part of it and just talk about her thing cake, Yeah thing her kink because we try not to kink shame, but the idea of needing it to be a group all wearing that same mask.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Bro, that's like freak Olympics. Yeah, I've really been into Jason Arquett. Yeah, she loves super mediocre horror films. Yeah, did you say horror? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, I knew a guy in TV once who I could only do that if he was wearing the mask from Jim Carrey's The Mask.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yeah, he had to be the green one but her TV. Just to guy in TV.
Speaker 3: I think that was a U n T Hall of Fame moment.
Speaker 2: Oh that was Hello, you're in the Hall of Fame. I might as well be. Yeah, I mean, they're one of the one of the top fetishes. Feet are up there.
Speaker 1: Not for me.
Speaker 2: I'm out on feet now.
Speaker 1: Kevin reveals too much. Hey, you guys know all the top fetishes, they're bump you, not like that guy who goes We're on all the social media accounts Twitter, Facebook, Grinder, Grinder.
Speaker 4: But if he always comes up and it's I mean, it's the reason it sticks out to me is because I don't remember it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Number one age play Ben, that's me.
Speaker 1: No, No, the the other end, dude, dude, the other end. Do you know how much he has told us about himself in.
Speaker 2: The last Leah, I know myself. I'm talking about grandma. Now you're very defensive. What about voyeurism? Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 1: Number seven? You know what it's Here's how you know voyeurism should be higher.
Speaker 2: There's a thing called porn yep.
Speaker 1: True, but there's different types of that too. But I'm just saying just in general, iphel you I don't know that and not a song by Yeah, okay, good, we got some more players.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: There you have it, this weekly weekday Peache going there you go. That is the wildest chief story that all went into that all right? Coming up next, we wrapped things up in the big finish from Boomer Jacks one O two five zero Technology thirty five at Northwest Highway. Having a good time out here partying with Arlington Renegades fans and they're San Antonio Bramas fans. Ufl gets going tonight tomorrow is the first game for your hometown heroes, the Arlington Renegades get going tomorrow at three o'clock at Chalk Tos Stadium against the San Antonio Bramas. Tickets still available for that game, doors open at one thirty coming up next.
Speaker 2: It's the big finish right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Thanks to everybody that came out to our big Live by Low's opening day party yesterday, Rollertown Beer Works to a big party and we were out there doing our show. This segment is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery out there in Salona. The Ben and I are partners in and yesterday we celebrating baseball season and our new premium pillsner, the one thirty three. It's a collaboration with Ranger Nation. That's the section they made famous. It is a baseball drink and pillsner.
Speaker 2: It is damn good.
Speaker 1: And everybody who came out yesterday, Man, we gave away fifty cases of beer yesterday.
Speaker 2: God, that's the most beer I've ever heard given away. It was It was wild.
Speaker 1: And if you think about the humble beginnings of Rollertown, the idea that won we would ever be a Globe Life field right and two, that we would have fifty cases of beer to give away.
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 1: And just so you know, Live by Low's has a Rollertown Beer on tap. They've got beer at Globe Life. We also have, Man, we were out at the the Pop Love event at the Truckyard in Colony last week, and I was getting Premium one thirty three pillsner on tap at Truckyard in the Colony. They got the big German at the truck Yard in Dallas, Kanye Rosso all their locations, all the Pluckers' locations carries big German.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then of course, man, we're gonna be cranking at pretty much every Tom Thumb in North Texas.
Speaker 2: Crazy. Isn't that crazy? We're going into like eighty Tom Thumb's all hib yeah clack or that. I appreciate this love for Rollertowner. That's great. Yeah yeah, little wine and more ahb.
Speaker 1: So anyways, if your favorite establishment does not have Rollertown beer works, ask him for it. Say hey, you're Benny Keith. Repp can hook you up. Benny Keith's our distributor, and they will get that Rollertown in your spots. By the way, that might have been presumptuous of us. They may have been cheering for Tom Thumb, not Rollertown. You guys cheering for Tom Thumb. Okay, Rollertown, Wow, wow, very good.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Kroger? Okay, bigger.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, gp, hey, geeps, Robertson's fans of the house.
Speaker 2: Give it up. So that's the end of the spot, and right now it's time for this kill.
Speaker 1: Tell you, Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this thing's big, right man. There's a lot of hoops chaos last night that we should talk about.
Speaker 1: Tell me because I hate that I missed the fun of the Duke Texas Tech stuff happening simultaneous.
Speaker 2: Texas Tech is always the national champions. He's right. They got down sixteen to Arkansas. They're a three seed.
Speaker 4: Arkansas's a ten seed, so Texas Tech favorite to win. John calla party coaches Arkansas. Now, which I've learned in the last couple of weeks, very strange. It is weird that a guy goes from Kentucky to Arkansas and.
Speaker 2: Uh, Texas Tick is down by sixteen.
Speaker 4: At one point they were down thirteen to four and a half minutes left and then found a way.
Speaker 2: They gritted their way to victory. They were not shooting well at all.
Speaker 4: Their best player was struggling because Arkansas's bigger, and they just they got through it and they advanced and they will take on Florida tomorrow. The Elite eight so go to Texas Tech.
Speaker 1: They got this little like five eight guy named Hawkins, and he little bitty guy, but he's all over the floor defending, and he was having a terrible game. I think he was zero for seven from three and then hit a three with about a minute to go in overtime after just bricking everyone, he threw up. He just switched one.
Speaker 4: It was really wild. Yeah, in Texas Tech, like they're they're old. Their coach now is the former coach at u n T. The North Texas head coach was promoted. He left North Texas to go to Texas Tech. So that's why I really care about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Plus your wife is all recommend yah. Yeah, yeah, we were talking about maybe going to cousin tomorrow. We'll see what happens. Oh dude, not to see what happens. That's a creatu.
Speaker 4: The Lakers, which I don't like. We talked about the Mans earlier. I don't like knowing about the Lakers, but I liked what what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 1: You want the Lakers to lose fests Now, he's a big Chicago guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bulls are back.
Speaker 4: Watched him growing up on WGN most of the clown all that stuff. Ye know, Bozo dubbed over. Bozo dubbed over the wild game. The Bulls hit a miraculous three to go up, and then the Lakers go down in Austin Reeves.
Speaker 2: I did it first today he scores.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see the Austin Reves almost game winner last night?
Speaker 2: Did I beat him to go cart? Who they go to when they need to go ahead? Bucket?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So if there's three seconds left and then they throw they inbounted to Giddy and he nails a half court shot and it's just chaos.
Speaker 1: He made a half court shot to win it after Reeves hit what would have been the game winner just two and a half seconds previous.
Speaker 2: It was like, you know in horse racing there's a photo finish. It was the photo finish of basketball. Yeah, It's like there was a lot happening U and then Giddy.
Speaker 1: If you would let Giddy just shoot a wide open three from just right at the three point line, he probably would have missed that.
Speaker 2: He he drilled a half court shot in Lebron's face to win the game.
Speaker 1: His three point shooting percentage has gone up this year, but he doesn't shoot a lot of them.
Speaker 2: But Giddy. You know, it's like when you go, hey, there's.
Speaker 1: An incredibly talented basketball player, but he can't make threes. You go, well, he's twenty two and he's already really good, right, and you give up on him, and Josh Giddy is going to be a great NBA player.
Speaker 2: Jae Kid learned how to shoot threes late.
Speaker 4: Right, Hey, if the NBA three point line was the high school three point line, Giddy would kill it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, that's a good joke. That's a good joke. That turner.
Speaker 1: Look at him tipping his cap to the great he's been crushing all this underage sex humor all day.
Speaker 2: Well done, k T look at that.
Speaker 4: Uh. But lastly, there's a guy in Gavin Maloye who we know very well. I like Gavin, I've met a million times. Gavin, who you know, did work for the MAVs. He was in the back in the day, former event and venue manager.
Speaker 1: So basically what happened is Gavin was running like the bomb fast. He read the fact man, then he left to go up to Legacy Hall, and he ran Legacy Hall and then he didn't like you know, booking shows up Norris, like I want to get back down to the South. So first he was working for MAVs Gaming, and then he moved into an event role with the Mavericks and he's been gone for a couple of years now.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember if he left.
Speaker 1: I think it was probably about a year after the pandemic or something like that. He currently still book shows and he's also the manager for a group that is really blowing up called Cure for Paranoia. Oh yeah, they're getting like a bunch of festival gigs and stuff. And Gavin is managing now on the s House soundtrack too. Yes, they are check that out right.
Speaker 4: Well, he had a post on Facebook and it was a quote Cuban should be run out of Dallas, And there's a lot of Mark Cuban comments on the post a a ton I got. The comment section is lit, but the one that really is getting play and is taken off to multiple outlets including WFAA, is a Mark Cuban did say that he made money to out of twenty three years that he was the majority owner, lost one hundreds of million dollars. But then he said I fully expected to on basketball, but the NBA wouldn't let me put it in the contract.
Speaker 2: They took it out.
Speaker 4: I thought the Addamsons would stick to their word because they didn't know the first thing about running a team. Somebody obviously changed their mind. And again, that's just the beginning of a lot of stuff. Yeah, that's in there, but that's the one.
Speaker 1: And I didn't see the story, but Ben, I heard you talking about this. Adam Silver is denying that claims denying it. I saw it just during a commercial break here Boomer Jacks. I saw the headline. He's denying that that ever happened. I can understand the idea that a transaction for a basketball team would not include a personal services contract. I get that, but I can't imagine a situation where the NBA would say you can't sign a personal services contract, because you know, the league is full.
Speaker 2: Of Oh I don't know personal service contracts. Yeah, like every GM has one. So I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I when I read that this morning, I was thinking, that doesn't make sense to me. But that's between Cuban and the Adelsons, and so we will never know the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they you know, we weren't there. I don't know what was said or what wasn't said.
Speaker 1: But I can understand that not being having anything tied to ownership of a team, because why would the other owners say, all right, well we don't need this. I get that, But if that was promised to Cuban, then Cuban should have gotten a contract for it, I would think, But you.
Speaker 2: Know, I wasn't there.
Speaker 4: You also said that post that the NBA wouldn't let the Celtics put one end with them and their new deals and a lot going on, put what in I guess that personal service contract. So the Big Days post said the NBA wouldn't let me put it in the contract, they took it.
Speaker 2: Out, just like they won't let the Celtics put it in.
Speaker 1: Well, what the Celtics are dealing with is a big portion of their ownership is private equity, and the NBA has rules that you can't have more than twenty percent be allocated to private equity. So that's six point one billion dollar sale is on hold. But regardless, this is it's smart of Cuban to be vocal about that. He wouldn't have made this trade happen or whatever. Right, Yeah, yeah, I mean because because everyone is like, oh my god, if Cuban had just retained basketball could ops, Yeah, we'd still have Luca.
Speaker 2: And I have a problem.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, Gavin's mahomie, but I have a problem with people implying that Cuban did some greedy thing by selling the team. I can guarantee you what he said is accurate about losing one hundreds of millions dollars. That's why people that own a casino wanted to buy the tight. They saw it as distressed or whatever, because he wasn't trying to milk every penny out of the fan base.
Speaker 2: He was like, tickets were.
Speaker 1: Cheap, yeah, when you know they're like middle of the league and revenue even though they're in a top four market. It was a very affordable NBA game to go to because Cuban did not try to milk every single dollar out of the fans. But it is odd though he still owns twenty eight percent of the team, So it's weird to see him trashing the deal and then almost saying that the owners went back on the deal because like, dude, you're he still owns a.
Speaker 2: Over a fourth of it.
Speaker 1: What I would say about that man, And while I realize that makes sense, keep in mind. Another guy who owned the team was Ross Pro Junior and they suit each other every year NonStop.
Speaker 2: So that's that, ain't that?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Ain't that abnormal for crazy right people? Hey, awesome a weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you to boomber Jackson. Thank you everybod to the Renegade. Yeah, this is amazing. Kind of thank you to the Brahmas too.
Speaker 2: Almas too. They got a great fan base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll never forget the time KT looked Bob Stoops dead in his eye and he said, do what you want with it. We'll find out. And Bob Stoops he after out and found out. All right, stick around, Christina's going to fire off some music next right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: There you going, You're so I'm gonna get some cheeks after this. Horse College