Speaker 1: Welcome to SDHPM. John, hear you there, Thanks for dropping by on an afternoon, and this is, like we mentioned yesterday, this is where things kind of get a little crazy because of the Georgiaia schoo Football Championships next week. I'm out all week and so we're trying to figure out how to do next week and see if we can get some guest hosts in here and walk your way through the week.
Speaker 2: The rest of this week.
Speaker 1: Is fine, normal times back tomorrow starting nine oh five Eastern. Tyler Pilgrim will join us to kick things off at nine point fifteen as he traditionally does. Then at ten o'clock, if we can grab the busiest man in the Northeast, Dylan Butler will get his thoughts on MLS Cup, MLS soccer in general and get you ready for the expansion Draft, which is tomorrow night afternoon Alex At ten thirty Eastern time, San Diego FC picks they're up to five players and they start their roster build from the other clubs in Major League Soccer.
Speaker 2: And then at ten.
Speaker 1: Thirty we're going to catch up with our friends at SCAD about their national championship and we'll have a couple of coaches joining us tomorrow at ten thirty. So it is Tyler Pilgrim hopefully Dylan Butler and Scad tomorrow on the morning show for a wall pass Wednesday Thursday, once again normal Nino and Nico in your Power Hour and Hour number two Friday will get you ready for the weekend. We'll I think we might be also catching up with j Antlick from Columbus State and getting ready for everything with them as they are heading to the sports Plex at Matthews. They are in the final four in Division two on the women's side, so we're gonna catch up with him, find out how things are for Jay and as they are preparing for a championship. So once again Dalton State wins, SCAD wins Columbus State in the final four, and so we're catching up with all of these folks. Hoping to catch up with Dalton State and head coach State Alsaphir today and find out about Dalton State where the red banner is with their win in the NAIA Men's Championships. So we'll hopefully catch up with him, and we're trying to grab Kaylor Hodges after school. Traditionally when Kaylor joins us on Tuesdays, he's in school and he gets to duck into a room and hopefully kids will leave him alone so he can hang out with us for about twenty minutes. We're gonna go through everything in the USL with Kaylor. There have been roster decisions that have been made in Championship League One, had a big transfer that we'll get into USL.
Speaker 2: Super League is wrapping up the apertura.
Speaker 1: I'm calling it that. They're calling it the fall season. For me, it's an apertura. They're wrapping up, and some interesting stuff in League two with some more franchises being named, including a market just down the freeway from him in Birmingham, Alabama. So there's a lot of stuff to get into with Kaylor, and we're trying to track him down. We're shooting for four fifteen Eastern Time, and we're also shooting for three point thirty from our friends at Dalton State.
Speaker 2: So that's that is today couple.
Speaker 1: Of things to get into before we get into the bulk of the show, which is looking at the roster decisions that were made by Major League Soccer as they prepare to see if San Diego FC is interested in anyone that has been exposed for the expansion Draft. Like I said, we'll go over those rosters and some of those possible roster decisions coming up in just a little bit, and we'll kind of weave that into what's going going on today. Champions League is going on right now. Two matches happened earlier today. We will get into all of the matchups today and get you prepared for what else that might that you might be missing or have missed as we go. So Opening Kickoff brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. That's your QR code for those of you hanging out with us here this afternoon. However you are accessing us large device or small, hit that QR code at whatever time of day. Go to Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com.
Speaker 2: Then once you.
Speaker 1: Check out, don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen. Get fifteen percent off your purchase day in turn, take ten percent reinvest it in youth games. Youth initiatives is very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. All right, and so for this first story today. That is a part of what we're discussing that it's very self serving first and foremost, but I'm gonna do it anyway, all right.
Speaker 2: So you remember.
Speaker 1: What was a couple of months ago that we were nominated for the Football Content Awards, and they tried to get us, you know, they stacked us up against some incredible competition. To be in that competition was amazing to be finalist in the Network Broadcaster rights Holder category and losing to you know, you tip your hat to Sky BBC and Golossal Network, but the fact that we were the last a finalist in that category was humbling and awe inspiring.
Speaker 2: We can now add to that the.
Speaker 1: Soccer your friends here at SDH are a finalist for Best Sports Talk Podcast for this year's Soccer Podcast Awards. And so what we want and what we are requesting fully in this particular category best Sports Talk Podcast for the Sports Podcast Awards.
Speaker 2: Once again we are asking for.
Speaker 1: Your vote because this is part of the process to determine who gets to be the coolest podcast on the planet Earth.
Speaker 2: So here's where you go.
Speaker 1: Go to Sports Podcast Group, go into the sports category Best Sports Talk Podcast, and vote for USDH get your friends to vote for RESDH. Will vote for USDH on computers that aren't ours, and so this is where we ask for your vote once again. Sports Podcastgroup dot com go into the Sports category Best Sports Talk Podcasts for twenty twenty four. We are once again in the top ten in this category. Just so you have an idea about the about the competition in and of itself, So here we go. So Alex is requesting that it be in the twitch pitch, and so what I will do is I will post it here in the Twitch pitch.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Sports Podcast Group right there. Sports Podcast Group going to the Sports category Best Sports Talk Podcast. We are the one of the ten finalists again this year. First time we've been a finalist in Sports Podcast Awards. But we are a finalist again and yet another competition. I don't know what the voting process is. If it's judges for fifty percent, public vote for fifty percent like it was for the FCAS don't know, But earlier this afternoon we were nominated as a finalist in the Best Sports Talk Podcast Programming the SDCH Network for twenty twenty four. Just so you know our competition. Bill Roaden on Sports from our friends that believe this day in sports history historically speaking Sports on Tour with Sport twenty four with em A. Saunders and Rob Adcock. That's an travel sports podcast, talking sports books, Colin Murray's fifty two from Underground Fan Club, Women's Sports Presents Alice Soapbox and once again it is that that is a podcast specifically geared toward New Zealand and women's sports. Then you've got the Church Pew Sports Podcast, Sports Life and Faith. You're wrong and here's why. From a Chris horweedl and Greg Crony over at Underdog Podcast. Then just to let you know, in addition to Bill Rodin, I don't know if you've heard of this gentleman, but he's a guy by the name of Scott ven Pelt so SVP and Stanford Steves svpod is a final and then there's another finalists. I don't know if you've heard, but they're these two brothers. One that recently retired from playing in the NFL. He's now working at the Four Letter and the others still playing. And he is in a relationship with a fairly talented individual who just completed a tour.
Speaker 2: So it's new heights, the sv pod.
Speaker 1: Church Pew, you're wrong and here's why, Women's Sports, Women's Z Sports with Alice's Soapbox, Colin Murray's fifty two on tour with Sport twenty four talking sports books, Historically, speaking sports, this day in sports History, Bill road Noon Sports in the SDH Network in the Best Sports Talk Podcast for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Humbled to have been nominated once again to be a finalist in this particular awards ceremony. But yeah, we're going with we're paired with the Kelsey's, Bill Roaden and SVP. So very very blessed to be in this grouping. And so let me get the word. I think you have like a month to vote for the all right, so the finalists public has until January thirteenth of twenty twenty five to cast their votes and support their favorite podcast in the Sports Podcast Awards.
Speaker 2: So there it is, so you have.
Speaker 1: So it looks like this is getting folks to vote as much as possible, or get as many folks to vote as possible. So here's how they promote it that, here's how they lead into it. It is carefully curated by our industry Selects panel. The finalists represent the best of storytelling, innovation, and excellence in sports podcasting. These podcasts are not just shows, they are essential parts of the fan experience. So support your favorite podcast in the Sport Podcast Awards from twenty four. You've got until January thirteenth to twenty five, and I think they announced the winner late January.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's your that's your plug for the afternoon. We're a finalist. Vote, let your friends vote, and if you could post it in the discord, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Obviously we're gonna keep talking about it. But yeah, this just came out.
Speaker 1: So finalists once again and you yet another competition, but this time we're going up against Bill Road and the.
Speaker 2: Kelsey's and SVP. So there you go. So that's your that's your opening.
Speaker 1: Kickoff Rotters buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com.
Speaker 2: You go on and you click the QR.
Speaker 1: Code that that we like to have as a part of the presentation. You click on the QR code and then when you wrap up, don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested youth games, youth initiatives, very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Don't forget our relationship with Gradybaby and Gradybaby co where soccer's just better in Atlanta. You can get the red, you can get the black, you can get the T shirt, you can get the sweatshirt. You will also be helping out middle school soccer programs attached to the Atlanta Public School system. And you can also go to our friends at Olive and York and you can get our SDH first ever supporter's kit black jersey and like I said, for me, it's black. Others have said it's a very very dark blue. And we'll have to ask Scott Flood of the Flood Project. He's done some great work with this and with our friends at Olivi and York Kaus of Permanente on the front and without them we can do one hundred and twenty percent of what we do on a on a daily basis. So I say it's a black kit. You have your choice of either white lettering or sky blue lettering. Go to Olivinyork dot com and do your soccer down here search and you can pick up your supporters jersey there as well, so it's the supporters jersey. You can go get the new Marshall Islands jersey when that's on sales, so bookmark that idea. You can go to a Grady Baby and Grady Baby co And we need you to vote in the Sports Podcast Awards once again for twenty twenty four. So that's your rundown of everything today. So kickoff Coffee and kickoff coffeeco dot com. That' you're opening kickoff? Okay, a couple of news items to get us into what has been going on today. It appears that saesl Luis Merrilow has broken the news Facundo Torres is no longer.
Speaker 2: With the Purple Team.
Speaker 1: It appears that Paul Maras has reached a verbal agreement with the Purple Team to pick up Forkundo Torres, forward of the Uruguayan national team. So that is a big pickup for them. And it appears that the transfer fee is one of the largest outbound transfer fees that you have can that you can be attached to in the history of Major League Soccer. So it looks like it's in the neighborhood of eighteen and a half nineteen million, and so keeping an eye on that once again is pending. Personal terms agreed to and is from Tommy Scoops and our friends at GMS finalized between Tortoise and Palmyra's clubs have reached a full agreement according to sources, and so it would a new club record transfer for the Purple team, eclipsing their previous outbound record transfer of nine and a half million which sent Darryl DK to West brom Torres, still Orlando's inbound transfer record, as the club convinced him to sign from Pyrol for about seven and a half million dollars fourteen and six and thirty two matches last year, thirty seven and twenty in ninety five regular season matches for Orlando. Luis Mouzzy caught up with Tommy Scoops and it was last month, so as few as eleven days ago.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: There are always people calling about Focundo, but some have the old notion that you can get any player and any MLS players for cheap, which isn't the case, but some are serious. If there's something that makes sense for everybody, it's just normal and world soccer and so the numbers that were being floated around once again unconfirmed.
Speaker 2: It was eighteen and a half to nineteen millions.
Speaker 1: So that's what you're kind of keeping an eye on when it comes to that particular that particular transfer in in Major League Soccer.
Speaker 2: So that's where you are.
Speaker 1: And so Facunda Tatis with the Purple Team out, but it's because of a financial windfall involving involving the purchase for a Major League Soccer so very very cool economic note for Major League Soccer and the Purple Team. It also appears that Aaron Long has re signed and he has signed a new long term contract with LAFC. Previous deal was set to expire this year would have been one of the most sought after free agents. LAFC let him walk new deal believed to be through twenty twenty seven. Signed with LAFC ahead of the twenty three year after after leaving Red Bulls where he won Defender of the Year, So you've got that to look forward to. Austin FC bought out joss' z Artists exercised the contract buyout on him, tenth leating score at MLS history one hundred and six regular season goals, joined Austin free agency ahead of the twenty three season. Ten goals across all competitions, other activity, and this is other stuff that has happened leading into today, and there's one particular moment that we've really got to get into as we go down the list of all the transactions, So.
Speaker 2: This is not it.
Speaker 1: Colorado finalizing a deal to acquired Tidosiowaseim and he and Murphy from Cincinnati exchange for a million dollars in gam and add ons Awasium joined last summer after spending seas playing at Boa Vista Porto. Leganess and nant. Murphy had one hundred and five appearances for Cincinnati since being drafted in the first round of the twenty twenty two Super Draft. DC United agreed with Bournemouth on the transfer of Matai Akimboni from DC United youth international center back deals worth up to two and a half million. DC gets a retained sell on percentage, and Akinboni made ten appearances for the first team in twenty twenty four to seventeen. Altogether. Cincinnati also triggered the by option in Luca Origiano from at Vasco de GAMAFI be around three million dollars, acquired on loan in the winner ten plus four in his first season in Major League Soccer. Goal of the season was his effort against Montreal. San Jose acquired a trio of players in a trade with the Revs Marc Anthony K, Dave Romney, Ian Harks for about five hundred thousand in gam and an international roster spot. The Revs also signed Mama Dufofauna from League two a Yeah for a fee of around one point seven Red Bulls close to a pair of signings Victor Bogatch from mej Leshnika, Polish youth international forward hitting the rosters of U twenty two and then also in discussions to sign Chile in international affect Marcelo Morales from Club Universa Dade, Chile. We can catch up with our buddy n Not Torres and find out about that. So A T and T Sports Chile UH picked that one up. But the one that I wanted to discuss was a deal that was orchestrated between Colora and Colorado. By the way, Colorado has been doing some really good work and we're just barely into the window. Colorado has been doing some really good work here and it was a deal that was struck with Philly, and you're going, okay, so that's that's an interesting that's an interesting one to put on the table. It's a deal with Philadelphia where Philadelphia has decided to trade away three years of future draft picks. Three years of future draft picks. They're just it's like, nah, we don't want to three years of their future draft picks, once again showing that it's academy or nothing. Three years for basically a bunch of cap space. It's AM AM and escalators and if bonuses get hit, then the money increases. Traded all of their picks in the next three draft and it's eight eight selections in the next three drafts to Colorado for AM plus bonuses and escalators. Jonathan Tannewal shouldn't be surprising. Along with Ernst Tanner's preference, a fleet of high sealing Union academy prospects has reached the cusp of the professional ranks, with some already holding reserve and first team contracts. Giving roster spots to college prospects, especially on the reserve squad, would naturally block home grown progress, So Colorado agreed to pay three hundred and fifty thousand split over the next three years, plus two hundred and fifty thousand more if the draft picks hit performance metrics. So up to six hundred thousand dollars for eight draft picks. Eight draft picks, three first rounders, three third rounders, and second rounders in twenty six and twenty seven, and the twenty five was already traded to Colorado in the deal that landed Oliver similar So for six hundred thousand dollars Max Philadelphia has decided to trade eight draft picks. We don't want it. We're good, Neil Pierre, Eddie Davis, Kevin Sullivan, cj Oni David Vasquez. So that's what you're staring at. That's what you're looking at right here. So Ernest Taner basically has pushed all of his chips to the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the table. He's like, you know what, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm not worried about any of the college draft picks. I am all into the middle of the table on our academy guys, leaving yourself no options and choices. It's either very confident or very dangerous. We will see over time, obviously which is which. But at face value, and you know, Rich Ransom. Obviously we will get into the discussion when Rich is keeping an eye on things. But as you look at this, you are restricting your options for player acquisition. Amelia is like they just don't want to bother having a scout. Players most likely won't ever play for the first team, but that's not necessarily the case. How many how many? Well, I mean, and that might be the part of their DNA, but how many teams around Major League Soccer have done really well scouting through the colleges.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said, it's their way.
Speaker 1: I get it, but it's either you're very confident or it's a very dangerous game that you're playing. I know that Philly's wired this way. But the mere fact that you took away that is an option for you for the next three seasons, the next three years. This is basically like the Kevin Costner character in Draft Day trading his three number ones, and it's the whole Vonte mac discussion. But you're not even trading three number ones to go up in the draft order. You're just trading them out. You're getting maybe a total of six hundred thousand dollars an allocation money. That is, if the eight selections that you are not drafting over the next three years just are there if they don't hit anything. For Colorado, it's it's a Colorado basically.
Speaker 2: Just spends money.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, we'll take those We'll take those clips, We'll take those sheets of paper. Three hundred and fifty thousand dollars for eight selections over the next three years, eight into three point fifty is what thirty two It's like what forty four thousand dollars, So forty four thousand dollars investment eight times over over the next three drafts. You're basically saying, yeah, I'll take I'll take that extra forty four grand or one hundred and thirty three or whatever it is. But Philly putting themselves in a corner like this, I said, I will be intrigued. You get three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in allocation money, once again spread out over the next three years, so one hundred and sixteen thousand, six hundred and sixty seven dollars.
Speaker 2: A year for the next three seasons.
Speaker 1: Philly's like, yeah, I'll take that one hundred and sixteen thousand For a team that is in transition trying to figure out how they want to age back in. This is literally, once again, how you're trying to You are going from one extreme to the other. You are making all of those players that are on the downside of the Laffer curve or the Bell curve or whatever you want to use, downside of the Bell curve. What you're doing is you're trying to stockpile am and it's difficult for you to actually spend money to bring in players from overseas anyway. It's a challenge for you to spend eight figures to the left of the decimal place when it comes to an inbound transfer.
Speaker 2: So I am intrigued at Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: We will be looking at Philadelphia over the next three years. And Ernst Tanner has basically taken all of his chips and he's just going.
Speaker 2: Mill of the table.
Speaker 1: Like the Mad's Michelson character in Casino Royal, all in on his academy, and Chris Armis might be Daniel Craig for all we know. Chris Armis might end up getting the straight flush, and Ernst Tanner might be having a nervous reaction with a with primate ten mist right next to him. Over the next three years. If this does not work. This literally is all in. And if it doesn't work, the next general manager, sporting director, technical director type that comes in behind Ernst Tanner will be saddled with the decision of Ernst Tanner but surrendering eight draft picks over the next three years. All right, so let's go into the SuperDraft here, SuperDraft. All right, MLS SuperDraft. I'm going to the Google machine, So MLS SuperDraft. I'm looking for the results over the next of the last hand full of years I wanted. I want to try and get the order of what has gone on. Let's just say twenty twenty three. Let's let's let's do Let's just do the twenty four SuperDraft.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Here's the twenty twenty four super draft across the board, Lipscomb, Duke, Oregon State, Maryland, Washington, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Lipscomb, Indiana, and UCLA.
Speaker 2: Of those.
Speaker 1: Ten picks, NYC used Malachi Jones the sophomore and he got minutes. Tiger Small's got minutes with Charlotte with Crown Legacy at pick fourteen. Yannick Bright at fifteen got quality minutes with Messi and friends. Hosey Kajima got quality minutes with the All Caps sc at Sex, Jaden Hibbert with Atlanta Nighted two at nineteen, and once again Philadelphia nowhere to be found. Philadelphia nowhere to be found. In round number one in the twenty twenty four Super Draft, Ryan Carmichael is a senior at Hofstra. If I remember correctly, he ended up with some time with Messi and Friends too. You ended up with Ryan Shuey, the keeper out of the Atlanta area at Georgetown getting minutes for Sporting Kansas City two at twenty two.
Speaker 2: Jaden Dae with Crew two. Round two in.
Speaker 1: The Super Draft, Philadelphia had picked Stas Korzanowski from Penn It picked fifty three, so they didn't have a pick until fifty three. But once again you go down the list. Leo Alfonso at thirty two, Messian Friends, a senior from Virginia and the Philadelphia Union Academy, Jelanie Forbes from Charlotte at thirty eight, Hovey Armas at Land United two at forty eight. Looking into the third round, I'm trying to see Philadelphia as Zachary Bohanes, a sophomore from Stanford at sixty three. Like I said, I'm scrolling down just to see if anybody had minutes pas. But you've got to see as far down as forty eight with Hovey Armas that folks were getting players that were getting the chance to grow and improve, or getting first team minutes with Messi and friends with their picks at fifteen and thirty two, and that's just last year. Ernst Tanner is basically saying, you know what, screw it. I didn't have a pick until fifty three this year anyway. And he's trading it away, trading it away, trading it away, and it's there and it's done, so he doesn't have He's just like, nah, I don't want to worry about it. I'm gonna spend all of my financial resources in my academy and keep an eye on those kids and be very insular about his process and see what happens there. To hell with the draft. I'm focusing on the academy. I'm gonna trade away all my picks. I mean, this isn't like you're getting herschel Walker back. This isn't like Jarah trading everything away and getting herschel Walker in return. This is like, nah, I'm done, I'm getting cash. It's like well, what's in your house? Well, let's see, I got I got a piece, and I got a TV, and I got some computers.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, what do you want? I just want cash.
Speaker 1: But don't you need these kinds of things to, you know, to make your house function.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll get a futon instead of a bed, sleep on the floor with a you know, an air mattress. The construction of the house by Ernest Tanner, it's like he's taking the stuff that he has in the house, that's his furniture. He's trading away his furniture. He's just like, now I'm gonna sell my furniture. It's a rather bohemian way to do it. I'm just gonna sell all my furniture and it gives me more floor space. That's what you're staring at right now with Ernst Tanner. He's like he's trading away his furniture. He's gonna create more floor space. Sleep on the floor with an air mattress. Eight picks to one team. And then that's the other thing. Colorado is like, Uh, Ernest, got a question for you.
Speaker 2: Here's the thought. Now, now hear me out here, hear me out here. Hear me out here. Here's here's an idea.
Speaker 1: I mean, this might be wacky, but but I heard that you don't necessarily like your draft picks. Yeah, you know, so you gotta knock on the door Penny Sheldon and it's Chris Armis, And Chris Armis is like, well, you know, so, if you don't want any of your draft picks, tell you what, we'll take them off your hands. I like that piano, I like that bed. I need a king bed in my house. I like the piano. I like to play instruments. I like the big TV. What's it? What's it?
Speaker 2: What's the word to you? Just cash?
Speaker 1: But you don't you don't want like a new TV to swap out the old TV?
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm good. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got I've gotta I'll watch the streaming off of my my laptop.
Speaker 2: That's what you're getting into here with her. It's Tanner.
Speaker 1: He's swapping out furniture and he seems to be cool with it. Well you want I just take cash. You're still gonna live under the same roof, right, yeah, same house? Well, what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: I'm good? No, no, no, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'll sleep on the air mattress and I'll stream off of my laptop.
Speaker 2: No, I'm good. But the mere fact.
Speaker 1: That one team knocked on his door, and it wasn't just trading eight picks to like four different teams.
Speaker 2: Literally, Colorado knocks on his door. Colorado knocks on his door, Penny Sheldon one team.
Speaker 1: Hey, you want to get rid of your picks? How many you want to get rid of it? I just don't like them. I don't I don't like I don't like this furniture. You want to trade your whole pit group? Yeah, I'll take the pit group. I'll bring the moving van. You know, I'll take the pit group off your hands. You want the piano, nah, I just don't get the chance to play anymore. Okay, we'll take the piano.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: What about the TV? Yeah, I just I don't get the chance to watch anything. Like I said, I'll just watch off my laptop. Basically, Chris Armis went into Ernst Tanner's living room. ERNs Tanner wasn't happy with his living room. It's like, yeah, I'll take your living room.
Speaker 2: What do you want? You just want?
Speaker 1: You want me to get you a new furniture you can buy a new furniture. Nah, I'm gonna hang on to it. I might I might put an addition in the house, you know, might you know, might add a room, might add it. Might might add like a patio or something, might paint the house or something like that. That's what you've done here. You've taken all of that opportunity away. That's what you've done. So staring at this, I'm intrigued. But the fact that you only let one team do it. You'll trade all eight picks to Colorado, it's less paperwork. Now, Well, if it's two to Colorado and two to Vancouver, and you know, two to Austin, two to all Caps, that's four pieces of paper. I just want one piece of paper. That's what Ernst Tanner has done. Dude came in, saw the yard sale sign. Hey, you bought the entire living room. And the guy whose house was having the yard sale, he's not gonna change anything. He's not gonna get any new from furniture. This will be intriguing over the next three years to see what happens, because you're hoping that more deals like Calvin Sullivan's will come along for the players that are coming up through your system to where you can move out of the house that you're in. You sell, and you sold Cavin Sullivan on you know, with the other players. Maybe you bring that money in.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Then what do you do?
Speaker 1: Do you flip that money into finally getting a larger house, do you get that seven figure striker.
Speaker 2: Or do you continue to build infrastructure. I'm intrigued. I don't agree with what Ernst Tanner.
Speaker 1: Did, but like I said, this is this is this is Man's Michelson and Daniel Craig and Casino.
Speaker 2: Royale twenty millions de bond.
Speaker 1: All in Daniel Craig's like okay, and Ernst Tanner is probably banking against everything that the straight flush doesn't come from. Chris Armas I looked at that and I was like, are you serious. You're completely and totally abandoning one of the tent poles of assembling a roster and saying now we're good. I like the way that we're doing it, I think will be okay. You are banking on every single prospect in your organization and your scouting staff to look at teenagers and preteens and go, yeah, forget the experience that you can get from players that are twenty two years old.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 1: They don't do drafts. It's because of academy systems, all those things, acquisitions, financial acquisitions. I mean, we go through gossip, rumer and innuendo every day and you're looking at sixteen, seventeen, eighteen year olds, but they don't do the deals until they're eighteen years old. That's why Cavin Sullivan is staying until he's eighteen. Then he goes to be a part of City football group because he's gonna be he's gonna continue to grow, but he can't do anything in the European theater until he's eighteen. That's why you don't have you know, fifteen sixteen year olds playing in Europe. There are guide posts, but yeah, that's they don't They don't do drafts in Europe.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: But that to me was the larger That was one of the larger things that went through all of the uh, all of the discussions yesterday, all of it. Eight draft picks over three years. I don't want them. It's basically what Ernest Tanner said, I.
Speaker 3: Don't want them.
Speaker 2: I'm good sounds like a movie. They don't do drafts in Europe, do they They don't, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh? Speaking of which, kind of sort of speaking of drafts, Expansion Draft is tomorrow night, Tomorrow night for San Diego FC as they continue to build under Tyler Heaps and what they're trying to do as they become the next new franchise in Major League Soccer ten thirty Eastern time tomorrow night. You can watch it on their website at San DIEGOFC dot com or locally in San Diegoing KSWBTV, Fox five. So here's the Expansion Draft rules. Before competing in twenty five, San Diego gets to select up to five players from the eligible player list of three hundred and fifty four twenty nine teams each allowed to protect twelve eligible players.
Speaker 2: No teams were exempt.
Speaker 1: Once a player is selected from a club's unprotected roster, that club's off the board. So here's who's available for San Diego FC tomorrow. And this was a list that had to come out, so that meant that LA and Red Bulls had to announce their player availabilities as well as who they were not leaving protected as a part of this draft process.
Speaker 2: Atlanta United.
Speaker 1: Luisa Brom, Eric Sentteno, Nick Fermino, Ronald Hernandez, Franco we Borro, Daniel Rio, Shandi Silva. So as we get into a lot of these, we'll talk about salary figures. We'll talk about what these salaries are. If I could spell, so makes eight seventy one. That's guaranteed compensation from last year. One of the first questions that we will have across the board involving San Diego is how much money are they willing to spend on a salary on an individual. And what a lot of teams are going to be banking on is they're putting a lot of their highly priced talent out there to see if San Diego will bite, because then San Diego gets that high priced talent, and then that high priced talent's taken off the books from the team that loses that player in.
Speaker 2: The expansion draft.
Speaker 1: So Eric Centeno ninety six, four ninety two, and these are guaranteed comps. So you have a Nick Fermino who made rookie men seventy one four, Ronald Hernandez at four point fifty, it was Franco Ebara at six sixty, Daniel Rios at one twenty six, three eighty three, Daniel Rios, I think exceeded the results and the anticipated results off of that salary figure. And so you had those names that were attached. Shande Silva was the other name on the list, and Shande made six oh four two fifty seven names unprotected by Atlanta United. Austin big names that were attached. Like you said, you'll have three six ' nine eleven names attached to Austin FC, and we'll go like just over some of the bigger names and some of the.
Speaker 2: More intriguing names that are attached. So Austin FC.
Speaker 1: Ethan Finley is on the list right winger at three oh six two fifty. Mad Hedges at center back is on the list at just under five sixty one, Zoon kolmanicch at left back three point fifty. Alex Ring, who once again makes one million guaranteed compensation one million, six sixty five, so that's what Alex Ring made last season, and Jossy's Artists at a million dollars was had the buyout exercised by Austin FC. Also earlier that we got to talk about Faisanan Diego Rubio, Alex Ring. So Charlotte, Charlotte had like ninety eight players placed on their unprotected list, and there are some interesting ones here. There are some truly interesting names, and I want to get the salary figures correct. Ben Bender at Central Midfield made one twenty five interesting homedy jop who we got to cover at Crown Legacy during our broadcast of Atlanta United two ninety seven two sixteen for a left back fairly marketable George Marksinet just under ninety. We mentioned Tiger Smalls at seventy one to four to oh one is a draft pick, Scardina Tiger Smalls. Carol Schwaderski is on the list. Schwaderski, once again, you are banking that someone with a two and a quarter million dollars salary including guaranteed compensation. They're not going to pull the trigger on Uri Tavars is one that is an interesting one for me. Uri Tavares was trouble for teams in MLS Next Pro when he played at Crown Legacy makes just over one hundred and one thousand dollars almost one hundred and two for a left winger. Tavars was causing issues for teams. He was a matchup problem. It's like having that tight end h back and you have him out as a wide receiver like a gronk type. Uri Tavares once he fills out and his in his body type kind of fills out where he's not looking necessarily like a skinnier version of a rush defensive end. You know, Tavares adds maybe ten or fifteen pounds. He was trouble already in MLS next Pro. He'll be even more trouble in MLS next Pro or wherever he goes. But right now, just under one hundred and two thousand dollars, that was one of the first names that I looked at and him like, really, Uri Tavares, I'm guessing because Charlotte thinks they have a logjam at the position. Bill Tuiy Lomas out there. If you're looking for a veteran defender for Chicago Fire off Held Sea host Chase Gasper, who we saw going back and forth with Fire I in the first team, Gaston Jim Andez, Fabian Aerber's aera lassiter, wyat ms Berg. If you're looking for an experienced defender, Spencer Richie and Nett for UH for our friends in Cincinnati, joey Epinonu, Emila Sad Corey Baird Nico Giacchini, Joe Acchini Nico Jioacchini is on the list for FC Cincinnati with the loan deal up.
Speaker 2: Nick Haglan coming off an injury.
Speaker 1: Brett Halsey good MLS Next Pro player, Alec Cann's on the list, Evan Laura's on the list, Sir Joe Santos, Alvas Powell, experienced defenders Colorado Latta, s Abuba, car Amir Fernandez who came on did really well. Crewe, Evan Bush, Dylan Shambois, Dwan Jones and Derek Jones, Alexandra Matan, yah Yaboa. Interesting names in in Columbus, Dallas, Paulariola, But once again, salary if you're looking for Paul Aariola made one point just under over one point seven last year, So once again, would you want to drop one point seven on Paul Ariola with his injuries? Lean Frasier, I show Jar Mendi, Sebastian Legit, Jimmy Maherer, Juan I Mean, there's some names out here, but the biggest thing is, once again, what's your salary? What is your salary thought? What are you looking for? Are you going to make the splash and chase after DPS or are you going to look after younger players?
Speaker 2: You're looking for a mix? What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: And I think we'll learn a lot from We will learn a lot from San Diego's approach, from the direction, not necessarily the players, but the direction that they may take. Unless they take a bounce approaching, then we're all screwed. We don't know what they're doing. Uh DC un Ied Alex Bono in Nett Russell Canals, Christian Dajome, miteyas Klick once again with salary, Houston Dynamo, Latif Blessing is out there, Jon Gregish is out there, Daniel Staris is out there. LA G had to put their names out there. Miguel Barry, Gaston Brugmann, Brugman battling injuries, big salary number. Martine Cassettis is out there because his contract expired and they did not want to negotiate a new deal. Digo Fugundez, Mayo Yushida for l A G l A f C ATWESTA. Maybe you look after an A Twesta or an Ilia Sanchez from LAFC, Kai Komara, Thomas hassel Lewis O'Brien who came in and did really well on loan. But yeah, I'm looking at LAFC and you look at a Twesta Nellie Sanchez and by the way, Carlos Veila's on the list. He didn't play a minute from Messi and Friends. Yes, Julian Greslol is on the list. But once again, if you look at if you're trying to see that, if a Julian Gressel is of interest to you, Julian Gressel made one million, ninety two sixty nine dollars last year, would you have that kind of outlay? That is really a luxury piece. He's an individual who can come in and give you crosses from the right looking for your top scores, penalty spot, edge of the six, defensive liability, and there's.
Speaker 2: A reason that he has bounced from team to team to team to team.
Speaker 1: And also, you know, what does Julian want to do in a situation like this, What does Julian want to do? That would be the question for me involving a player like Julian Gressel. Would you be willing to take a pay cut? Would you be willing to come off the bench and be somebody that I can count on for thirty minutes get the occasional spot start, do what you do very well and hope that the players around you can help you out defensively. That would be my question for Julian Gressel if you wanted to go down that road. Leo Fonso, cj Do, Santos, Nicole Frere, Gressel, Sergei Kriftsov, Negri, Emerson, Matia Rojas, Ryan Sailor Laws in Sunderland, Oscar Ustari and Cello Wagan. Cello Wagan once again exercised the option year on his deal that came out yesterday. Nikola Frere A million dollars was guaranteed com Diego Gomez. By the way, his transfer to Brighton is now officially official. He is now over in England with Brighton and they are checking out that price tag as well. I think that's the I think I was getting the Gomez price tag and the Facundo Torres price tag mixed up. Diego Gomez is, I think, is the one that's in the mid teens. So that's where we are. Christsov made eight hundred and nine thousand last year. Franco Negri made three three forty two five. M O Rodriguez three eighty seven seven hundred, and he's on loan. I think until June anyway, Rojas five sixteen and two thirds Ryan Sailor League at eighty nine seven sixteen, whilst in Sunderland Rookie Men's seventy one four oh one, Oscar Starry Veteran Men eighty nine seven sixteen. Chell Awaygan once again, it made three eighty four and changed, but Chell Awagan exercised the option, and because he makes three hundred and eighty four thousand dollars as a right back, that's why he's on that list. Minnesota United Frogapane is there, Expansion Day Draft hero and Atlanta United legend Clint Irwin is on the list. Timupuk's on the list for obvious reasons. We'll track Zerk Valentine retired and that's why the Deerk Valentine's on the list. Joseph Martinez, yes, he is also on the list, but once again you get into the questions involving a player like Joseph. Last year, once again, Joseph Martinez signed a deal which was just over one million, three hundred thousand dollars including guaranteed compensation. Rahim Edwards is on the list. Lapa Linen, Joseph Victor Wuanyama Nashville, Todd Bryan and Unga, Tiel Bunbury, Sean Davis and A BALGADOI, Brent Coleman, Layal, Jack Mayer, Woven's Pa Passus, Elliott, Panico, Marcedich, a lot of names, and once again we mentioned Drew Yearwood. Manuel Vef mentioned that Drew Yearwood was drawing interest by it Land United, the Revs. Nicklema coming off injury, Tommy Mack, Tim Parker, Bobby Wood, n Y c Jiago Androgia but Carmunsef Jugo Martinz, Maxim Morales once again, do you take that kind of a jump off of injuries in age? Red Bulls Elias, Manuel, Ryan Mira, backup keeper Dante von Zier once again, Salary Orlando City, Nicol Ladero, Jack Lynn. Jack Lynn might be an interesting one if you're looking for someone that can help you with scoring.
Speaker 2: So that one, to me.
Speaker 1: Is instantly interesting just because of what we've been able to see from Jacquelyn and mlis next pro rookie min or a veteran men eighty nine seven sixteen Felipe Martin's Kyle Smith Philadelphia had Sama Dinneran Beadoya, Jack Elliot, Leon Flock Portland, Diego, Chara, Mason Toy, Eric Williamson. Do you take a flyer on an Eric Williamson. Maybe RSL had a boatload of players out there. Seventeen players available, including Zach McMath, Michael Chang, San Jose in the New Bruce Arena administration. Santase's list is interesting. Jeremy of Bobasi is on it.
Speaker 3: J T.
Speaker 1: Marsenkowski is on it, Tommy Thompson, William Yarborough. So both of your keepers are there, and Jackson Yule. But you see Jeremy of Bobasi on that list, marsin Kowski on that list, will Yarborough on that list. Seattle seven players, JP Massofski, Nathan ri Diez, Rous Knack, no real surprises, Sporting Fontas, Emilia Puledo, Johnny Russell, Shallowy, Kyrie Shelton, Remy Voltaire, a couple of intriguing names in Sporting Saint Louis three, six, nine, twelve, fifteen. Seventeen players available from Saint Louis, a couple of keepers, and Joshuarro Toronto in XI is on the list. Once again, that's price tag. You're gonna just kind of float him out there. Vancouver Bendick, cry Lock, Luis Martin's FAFA, Pico Alessandro shop from the right system. Yo hey Takaoka in net So there are some players. There are a boatload of players here that could serve you. Well, just what direction do you want to go? What direction do you want to go? That would be for me one of the things to pay attention to Tomorrow night ten thirty. Once again, San Diego FC is looking at how they want to build for the future. Philadelphia Union want to build for their future through their academy. They are eschewing the draft. I even I wonder, I wonder I want other than who wrote the book of Love? I wonder even if you have no picks, do you still get a table? Do you still get a table in case you want to trade back in?
Speaker 2: Do you do that?
Speaker 1: I'm intrigued. Other stuff going on in Major League Soccer. Tommy Scoops had another column over another story of GMS, and there is the possibility serious discussions inside Major League Soccer about adding a cash based internal trade market, and could vote on it this week when the Board of Governor's meeting happens in New York City. The trade market would allow clubs to make trade offers with real cash rather than allocation money. Sources that it wouldn't replace allocation money, but offer another avenue. For instance, teams could still use allocation money trades if it was approved. It's like, well, I gives you another option, Like if I wanted to trade, say Carlos Valderama, if I wanted to trade Carlos Valderama from my Tampa Bay mutiny to say Abby's Fort Lauderdale Strikers, and she had Perry vander Beck. So if I traded Valderama for Perry Vanderbeck and money exchanged hands, Or if I just wanted to sell Valderama to the Strikers for a million and a half dollars or five million or whatever, then I could still do that. If I wanted to trade, I could still trade. If I wanted to do it as an AM deal, I could do it as an AM deal. But apparently there's a discussion now about doing something inside the league where if you wanted to trade somebody or trade for somebody and just pay straight up cash, homie, you could. Sources optimistic the idea could be voted on and come to fruition. Nothing guaranteed an internal cash trade, according to Tom Bogert, has long been discussed by various committees and has come close in previous years, many sources around the league having expected it to be implemented. For new salary cap and roster rules to be implemented, it has to be voted on by the Sporting and Competition Committee previously known as the Product Strategy Committee. Before it gets there, it has to be recommended to the Sporting Committee. Clark Hunt, Merritt, Paulsen, Greg Kerfoot, Adrian Hanauer Larry Bergh from LAFC are on the Sporting and Competition Committee.
Speaker 2: Most of the chief.
Speaker 1: Soccer officers that Bogert reached out to express support for the introduction of an internal cash trade market. So in addition to doing things with am you could do things other ways too, So Diego Gomez once again Brighton's gonna pay an initial fee of around fifteen add ons could see the deal rise past eighteen. One of the ten most expensive outbound transfers in MLS history, Jiagua Moda, Miguel Al Maroon, two and three Middle Eastern clubs are apparently in the discussion to sign Colorado's Andres Masee, a club in the Middle East is interested in max Every single minute for the club in all matches came from Brunaby in twenty three eighty one appearances over two years. Bogert says that they're likely to lose lawless of Buba Carta free agency, so MAXA is interested, possibly in leaving to go to the Middle East. Abubakr could be leaving to go to free agency in someplace else. You pick up eight draft picks from Philadelphia over the next three years, plus some other things, some gam here and some gam there, And you know. Columbus Crew two head coach Kelvin Jones is now going to be an assistant at San Diego FC, joining mikey Verus's staff. So San Diego got an international roster spot from Crew for one hundred thousand dollars in gam according to Bogert, going rates about twice that. It means there's an understanding that San Diego is not going to take a Columbus player, So keep an eye on those going forward. There's something that might be a little bit below market value. There might be one of those wink wink, nudge, nudge, how'd you do, how'd you do? Kind of deals, So keep an eye on that Super Draft Showcase.
Speaker 2: It's another part of the the week that will be.
Speaker 1: Players that you could draft under generation Adidas deals. Bogart's focused on Wisconsin freshman forward Dean Bolts. Boltz people not Bolts. So you've got that to look at. This week.
Speaker 2: The College Showcase, you can, you.
Speaker 1: Can, you could end up getting some You can end up getting some deals, unless, of course, if you're Philadelphia. So college Showcase this week, three days worth of College Showcase, you could sit there and you can take a peek at the a possible few future for you, any possible futures. Red Bulls have signed homegrown midfielder a dream Ametti, by the way, So keep an eye on how other teams. Will other teams follow suit? That's another question. Or are you going to have teams that will navigate and go back and forth and figure out what they want to do with the college draft? Are they going to continue to integrate or are they going to go the way of Philadelphia? How confident are you in your evaluation process? How confident are you? That would be a big question. How confident are you in the whole thing. I will be intrigued to see who's invited to the college Showcase. How deep a deeper response that is and really what what could be once again a possible future. We mentioned Ernst Tanner and it looks like Thomas Lech might be the the leader in the clubhouse right now RB Salzburg System. Lech and Tanner worked together at Salzburg when Tanner and the academy. Letch rose through the coaching ranks. Lets last managed to Bukum in the Bundesman the Bundesliga. Before that he was with the test Arnheim and Austria vienn So it looks like Thomas Letch might be the man in the clubhouse.
Speaker 2: For all of our.
Speaker 1: Palace intrigue involving Philadelphia top freshman Nancy Doblea could be heading to the showcase. Dean Bolls Tate Johnson, Nicholas Sorensen from pitt Tate Lampfam from Georgetown, Runds for john from Clemson, Max Kirkvliet from Yukon, Aiden Martin from Cornell, a Lee Hundre of Alaska's Lopez from South Carolina, Surgy Salons from Oregon State, Jacob Bartlett from Notre Dame. Dean Boltz is in the mix for a potential generation Adidas contract ten and four and fifteen matches named the Top Drawers Best eleven Freshman Team. GA class last year had Kamanie Stewart, Baines and Stephen onor Jomfe.
Speaker 2: So keep an eye on all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I know that we were looking at what's going on in the Champions League this afternoon, and once again those are three o'clock starts for most of them. We had the two matches earlier today Deenomo, Zagreb and Celtic goalless draw to plus two ninety two Liverpool leading Jira. Liverpool beat Jerona one nil. The minus two eighty six right now, not a whole lot of goals. Matches at the half. Atalanta Real Madrid tied at one, lever Cusan enter Our goalless breast leading PSV one nil at a plus three ninety three Bruges and Sporting CP, who took it on the chin again this weekend. We'll talk to Nico about that on Thursday. One to one right now at the interval, Sporting A plus one ninety six. Your draws A plus two forty two, RB Leipsig and Aston Villa one one at the break rby Leipzig at home is a plus two oh four psg. Of course, leading at Salzburg on the road at a minus four seventeen to one nil. Bayern Munich leading in their match against schuch Tardnetsk that one is two one break Byron is a minus six point twenty five. By the way, gossip Bermer and innuendo, they's see if there's anything else to watch for the remainder of the day. Might be some stuff tonight. Real Madrid apparently are I and Cole Palmer fishahes made a point to put that out there, drawing attention from Real Madrid, west Ham stepping up their interest in Evan Ferguson over at Brighton. When the January transfer window opens, Arsenal, Manchester Barcelona ready to battle it out for the services of Jonathan David, out of contract in the summer. Manchester City willing to offer Oscar Bob or James McAtee as they look to convince Bayer Levercus in the park company with Florian Verts Manchester United, Drubotomerim could offload Christian Erickson and Anthony to free up some funds. In January, Liverpool hoping to beat several European rivals to the signature of blo Ownia's defender Sam Bukima Motherwell. Scottish midfielder Lennon Miller, who is all of eighteen, also a target for Liverpool.
Speaker 2: Could be made available for eight million pounds.
Speaker 1: Everton's Beto could be heading back to Italy in January, with Tarino interested in him. Ac Milan would want at least fifty million euro if they were going to sell French left back tail Hernandez, who's been linked with Manchester United. In Real Madrid, Leroy Sane out of contract at Byron in the summer, yet to receive an offer for a new deal. He's keen to stay Leveriques and R closely monitoring the situation of Real Madrid's attacking midfielder Artegulaire as they see the nineteen year old Turkish international as a possible replacement for Florian Verts if the twenty one year old German international leaves adam Ola Luckman looking to return to England, Several Premier League clubs are looking for him to come right on by and Graham Potter willing to take the west Ham job initially until the end of the season.
Speaker 2: If they sect Jewel Lopateegy.
Speaker 1: Tottenham set to stand by manager Unge post to Koglu back him despite their run of poor results. Manchester United could be set to do battle with Arsenal for Luis Composts.
Speaker 2: So that's.
Speaker 1: That's where all of that is. So uh, that is your gossip, rumor and innuendo for this afternoon. Let me go and check and let me check and see if there's anything else left to watch today this afternoon, see if there's anything left to watch. North Carolina, by the way, won their twenty second NCAA title in forty three years, won twenty one of the first thirty one on the women's side, had not won a national championship since twenty twelve. They got the win last night. So soccer on the tube today, let's see how light it is once again. You've got all the Champions League stuff. So when we're done, you can go and catch up there. CBS Sports Networks airing Leipzig and Aston Villa back into the double header on two to Atalanto Real Madrid. Unimas's simulcasting once again Paramount Plus on them all English Championship as Burnley Darby County at two forty five there underway, as is Sunderland, Bristol City, Leeds United, in Middlesbrough Vicks. If you have that is simulcasting everything in Champions League. And so with the expansion draft getting ready for tomorrow night in Major League Soccer, there's also stuff going on in USO close to the Apertura in the USL Super League, plus some franchise editions and some other markets, and there's some off season news and things like that.
Speaker 2: And for that, we got him at the end of his school day. So we go to.
Speaker 1: Suburban environ and catch up with Kaylor Hodges. So how are you my how actually, how was your school day?
Speaker 3: You know what? Not too bad? Not too bad. I have a headache right now. To copy Profen we you know, we recover. We'd say, we drink lots of water, of course, drink your water people, and we're good to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you know, if you if you're I would think that headaches and schooling would they would have some kind of symbiotic relationship at points, I would think.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I mean, there's at least one day a week, but it's not as one to one as you would think.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long do we have you, by the way, because do you don't you have a show tonight?
Speaker 3: We do, but it is that nine pm Eastern Standard time six pm Pacific.
Speaker 2: Ah see, there you go, nicely done. Uh.
Speaker 1: The Apertura, for lack of a better word, is wrapping up in USL Super League. So what has been going on there? From all of the observations? Is it still groups of two? Pretty much? You've got that that first group, and then the chase path?
Speaker 2: What's it like? Is it the leader in a peloton? How's it going?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, pretty much. It's your ones and it's your two up top, and then kind of everybody helps. I mean the points look close. I mean you're looking at Brooklyn, Dallas, Carolina. You look at those three as being kind of close. But to me, I think you look at the class and that's Brooklyn and Dallas being really the class right now. And then you have Carolina for Lauderdale and Tampa Bay all feel very close to me. And then DC Power confuses me, says they don't look like a bad team, but they don't look like a good team. Spokane is better than their record shows, and Lexington I think is cursed. I just outright. Think Lexington has just built their stadium on an ancient Indian horse burial ground and that's why their men's and women's teams are the way that they are.
Speaker 1: So so it's basically the Kentucky equivalent to Talladega, is what you're saying. Yeah, basically because for those that do not know that legend, there is the same there. There is a legitimate story going around in that particular part of Alabama that the reason that the Big One always happens is because when the the Native.
Speaker 3: Americans Mossenega, Mossgasoga Mooga the natives.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yeah, so that the Native Americans that were on that land were kicked off the land as a part of Trail of Tears, and as they were kicked off.
Speaker 2: The land, they cursed it.
Speaker 1: And so that is why there's always the Big One at Talladega's because it was built on ancient Native American land that was cursed.
Speaker 3: But now it's just horses that couldn't win races and they just built I don't know that light always looks really good and then just some find some bizarre, depressing way to concede and then it just never gets back to it. It's they're just a sad watch because they're not bad, they're just cursed.
Speaker 1: Comeback Player of the Year the interesting sponsor Tiger Baum. By the way, finalists for Comeback Player of the Year. That's that's that's that's a spot on marketing right there. Brother, Leo Fernandez, Zach Arravau, Aiden Quinn, Zach Zandy. If you were voting, or if you have voted and wish to divulge your vote, how would you vote in this category?
Speaker 3: Sir? It's kind of hard because in terms of what they mean to their team and just who they were and just seeing them come back, I think Leo Fernandez is a clearer answer. I think that Zach Carravau is the right answer because when he came back, he was just different Gravy. I mean, he was arguably the best player on Rhode Island, and he was what kind of propelled them to go forward. I think the right answer is Zach Carravo. But I would listen to Leo Fernandez conversations.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are a couple of things in the state of Alabama that I wish to discuss with you. I think did we discuss Ronaldo Damos last time? Being picked up by Legion.
Speaker 3: We did not. We did not at that point. It was announced I think the next day.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Ronaldo damis added by Birmingham Legion. That's a pretty decent step when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you're looking at a guy who scored forty eight goals over the last three years, and I don't think that includes his playoff goals. You're taking a team that did not convert their chances. And I'm not saying that rinaldo'damis is this highest conversion rate guy of all time. In fact, I mean he's kind of not. He takes a lot of shots. He shoots, he shoots, he shoots, but that's why it scores. I mean he is. I think he is the best striker that this team has ever signed, and that includes the likes of Nico Breds and a wan Agadello. I think that Rinaldo Damas has the talent, he has the current talent, and he has a brain a soccer iq way above just twenty five years old. I think that he is a piece that was really needed now in order to unlock a guy like that. I think that you're going to need to bring in a.
Speaker 2: Ten.
Speaker 3: I think you're going to need to bring back Aritas a Year or someone else like that, bring back a Bruno Lappa or someone of that mold, and you're going to need to allow Tyler Pasher and a Dawson McCartney, Preston Taber or Tega Preston, you know, guys like that to play off of him. Because what Rinaldo Damas does really well is he drops in deep, he receives the ball, he plays the ball to somebody else, and as soon as he plays that one too, he has gone to the racist. Someone needs to play that second ball because he will shoot. He'll do it. He has no qualms, he has no he's not going to try to get closer. He will just do it. So I think that this is the kind of striker that Tommy Soone has been looking for. And it's just an A plus plus signing.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So since we're talking Legion, let's talk Legion. Thirteen players only invited back to play in the Reindeer Game so far for twenty five, signing both Enzo and Tyler Pasher to new contracts, exercising options On Van Ogle, Corcoran, and McCartney. Additionally, Spangenberg defenders at Rami's Hamouda Funeral, Cavita, Moses Mensa, A. J. Patterson, Kobe Hernandez Foster, Jake Gruff, Preston Taborataka also set to return, So let's take it in that group. Jared Smith had mentioned that when Enzo was being brought back. Jared's point was is that Enzo just hasn't been you. It gets to he hasn't taught the dark Arts to everybody. He needs to teach the dark arts and proper fighting technique to yet that's why he's being brought back.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because he's not as much of that guy anymore. It's real because what he was when he was at Charlotte is kind of a different Dark Arts. He works the ref more than he does the other stuff, Like he is just an expert at working the ref, but he doesn't do the extra curriculars. I think that bringing back Enzo's great. I think he's going to have a job in Birmingham as long as he wants to. Same thing for a Matt van Okle. I think that those are gonna be guys that as long as they want to keep playing, they're going to have jobs. Enzo being back is great. I think there's a conversation that he's not a starter anymore. Though, I think that if you really, depending on how you want to play this game, I think that the weak link here might be in Zo. And that's nothing against him at all, but judging by twenty twenty four, his touch was a little heavier, his passes weren't as crisp, his shot wasn't as clean, and that's just how fine the edges can be. That said Matthew Corkrin. You said they gave him his extension. This is just like when they announced that Junior Flemings was getting his extension. In three weeks later he was off to Europe. You have to get paid somehow, and you don't get paid by letting them become free agents. He's not going to be around next year, no.
Speaker 2: Way of departures.
Speaker 1: Alex Crnali, Mikey Lopez, Prosper Cassine Deep deepo In Wegbosta, fanal Pino, Derek Dotson, Miguel Perez returned to their parent clubs and Dots and by the way, is on the MLS expansion list.
Speaker 2: For his parent clubs.
Speaker 1: So no Cornali coming back at least right now. This is as it stands. No Cornealiti, no Mikey Lopez, Cassim and Weggbo and Stefanopino. So there's there's some names there. What value to those names?
Speaker 3: I kind of put it together. I put together a video on hammering down a couple of them on and one of them was on the departures. And I don't like to go buy goals contributed or clearances. I like to go just by minutes because each position on the field you have to cover three thousand and sixty minutes in a USL season, and Al's Karnale accounted for six to eighth ish of those minutes. You know, you look at a guy like a Pimo, he covered about two thirds of those minutes. Same thing for a prosper cassimee uh deevon Weggbow is a little bit less than that. Dodson covered two thirds. I mean you're missing a lot of minutes there. I think that Al's Karnale and prosper Cassime are going to be the ones that you miss the most. And als Crnale, he is arguably the best defender in Legion history. Him and Fanwell could definitely have that conversation. Prospers scored the first ever goal in Legion history, the first ever goal at home. He scored the first ever goal against the MLS opponent, the first ever goal at a playoff game at home. Any big moment, prosperous seem had his left foot on it. That said, people have noticed that his thank you graphic is no longer on the Instagram page and everybody else's is though, so people are kind of reading them in between the lines. So I'd watch that space a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a lot of player movement, and I'll probably I'll probably go rapid fire here just to and actually tell you what what I'll do is, we'll play Cliffhanger and it's like the old prices right day. So if I mentioned a transaction, y'all stop and.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. Let's get let's do it that way.
Speaker 1: Uh. San Antonio resigns, Mitchell Tayner, Shannon Gomez, switchbacks return, Zach Xandi Wante Hatta.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like those those are just good signings. Good for them.
Speaker 1: Oakland Roots re signed Neviel Hackshaw and Johnny Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: Johnny Rodriguez is huge for them, huge for Oakland, especially with everything else that they have going on and what they're building around. Johnny Rodriguez going back is massive. If we're talking re signings for clubs, he is up there for the most impactful resigning of any player.
Speaker 1: Colorado Springs signs Jonas Fieldberg to a new contract. They also signed with Quad to a new deal. We mentioned Rhode Island's roster decisions. New Mexico United exercises options on Marco Mcletto as a part of their grouping.
Speaker 2: Oh the signing of Fernando.
Speaker 1: Delgado by Legion Mexican Youth, the Mexico Youth International.
Speaker 2: What sticks out there anything?
Speaker 3: He's already was in Birmingham. I think we mentioned this before. Who didn't play goalkeeper for Birmingham last year, So like, I mean, he was one of the many, but they paid for him and I have a feeling and this seems like very far off. And I know this may sound dumb. He's either going to be GK one or GK three. I think no matter what, Spangenberg is going to be GK two. It just all depends if Matt Van Matt Van Okle takes on the full time like goalkeeping coach job and is the emergency goalkeeper if needed, or if Delgado is just going to be getting first teen minutes in training and just letting him learn underneath while he goes off to like international U eighteen U nineteen stuff. But I don't know which one it does.
Speaker 1: Sacramento signs Rodrigo Lopez to a new contract. I think that's big. Alex Dixon re signs with Monterey Bay. Lexington is a part of their growth. In addition to resigning Cameron Lancaster or not to his juve, they resigned Kam as a part of that. Battery re signed Daniel Kuzemka to a multi extension in NET.
Speaker 3: That's a big one. That is a big one, especially with Greenwiz retiring. I I don't know if Kauzvinska is going to be the GK one, but I think they're going to give him every opportunity to be. I think in terms of his career, that's a big deal. And he'ss and NET that they can trust him. I think that is a huge deal for Charleston.
Speaker 1: New Mexico exercise the contract option. Alex Timbakis to me, that's probably one of the bigger no brainers in the history of Earth. Forrest Lasso gets a new deal with Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: I mean, he is arguably the best defender to ever play in the USL. Three time Defender of the Year, all three with different teams, all three in different eras. I mean, you get the late the late teens Charleston Battery, you get the late teens in FC Cincinnati. You get him with Nashville FC in the two thousands, or that the twenty twenties where he wins it again and then he was a finalist for the Rowdies again. Yes, he's lost a step. He's not the same guy. He's always been super aggressive and he's always been a card machine, and he's lost that step. And whatever. When you are working with a talent that's as good as him, he is legitimately one of the best defenders to ever grace the USL. That's huge for a Tampa Bay team that was not always great, especially with him losing Jordan Dirty.
Speaker 1: Team that you're really high on in USL League one, or that was in USL League one. I guess they're an un team right now. Bruno Rendon goes to Indy eleven. I thought this was a sneaky good pickup for Indy eleven, getting League One defender of the Year Bruno Rendon.
Speaker 3: Unless I'm missing something, I think he was the top right back option across all the leagues in League One or Championship. If you're looking for a right wingback who can get up and down the field, you don't get one better than him. I think there's a conversation of a Stephen Payne out of Ford Madison. I think you obviously can look at a Derek Dotson who knows what's going on with him with Minnesota United. Trevor of mine was just resigned by Tulsa so or no sorry, yeah, no, no, Trevor of mind, I was right, and like you see, you're seeing a lot of stuff like that. I think if you're looking at I'm going to get the best right back free agent, it's I mean, I think it's Bruno Rendon. I think it's an incredible signing for Indy.
Speaker 1: Figure figured you'd be happy with that one. Detroit City gets Mary Donor from Monterey Bay and they also bring in Shane Week to their defensive core. Taylor Dowell assigns a multi year contract extension with lou City. Uh. Smart move for lu City to keep the keep the band together as long as humanly possible. Switchbacks bring that Mahoney into a contract extension and reacquired Yos Khanya on loan from Rapids two for twenty five.
Speaker 3: That one's a huge. Hanya is huge. I think they're the one that's going to get over like a little bit is Donner Uh for Detroit City. I think he was also a pretty good right back option. I keep asking teams that sign him to make a tifo or a chant that's like, ain't no party like a Donner party?
Speaker 1: Just wow, careful, don't don't encourage a covered wagon or anything like that. Or don't unleash that tifa on a cold day. Yeah, I don't do that at Keyworth on a cold.
Speaker 3: Day, cold day and Keyworth don't. Yeah, I want, I want to throw that one out there.
Speaker 2: You don't want to have that kind of a party. Uh. There were another a couple.
Speaker 1: Kenneth Hoband signs his first year Academy Product deal, signs a deal with El Paso. Kyle Adams gets a new multi year contract with Blue City to go along with Dava Davla and Adams. Once again, you're keeping the band together as long as humanly possible here, so no real surprises there.
Speaker 3: I think there's another one. There's a couple of other that you're looking at that I think are big deals you're looking at. Edward is a going from Pittsburgh to Indy. I think that one's a big deal. I also think Anthony Siah Siaha is a big deal from Monterey Bay, which Monterey Bay is just getting rid of everybody right now, but I think that Siaha is a very big deal for Indy. He is about as of one to one to a Hunter Shultz as you're going to get, big body, but he is aggressive and coming for crosses. He's pretty he has a good spring in his step, his distribution is pretty good, can get down to the ball pretty well. I think his only downside is his ability to cover across the line. And it doesn't really cost him goals, but it cost him a clean catch, you know what should be a clean catch turned into a corner. But those are the same thing you dealt with Hunter Schultz. And I think that while the ceiling is not as high for si haaha or yeah Saha, I think the floor is much higher for him than it was for Hunter Schultz, so I think it's gonna be very happy with that pickup.
Speaker 1: And we had Steve Livingston on for a one v one where they broke down the decision where they're going to be playing at the University of North Florida. They're pairing up with one of the big academies down there.
Speaker 2: So off the.
Speaker 1: Field, it's mixed bag because Brooklyn pushed back another year.
Speaker 2: Did I hear that right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Brooklyn is twenty six. Sporting Club Jacks seems to be making inroads. They're going to have a home now. They're looking for Super League to come in first, then USL Championship to come in after that. And it was interesting to catch up with Steve to discuss what's going on with the Super League and you get the natural rivalry with Sporting Club Jacks that's attached to Fort Lauderdale and Tampa Bay coming out of the block. So I thought that was really interesting with the first year franchise in USL Super League for the team in Jacksonville coming on board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Super League is doing something that I think that a lot of you soccers want to do, and I think it's what League One try to do but didn't really do as well at first, and it's let's really capture the Florida market, like Super League is like, Okay, we are going to have Florida rivalries, because really it's like, okay, Orlando and Tampa Bay hated each other, then Orlando left, and then Miami and Orlando like it. They're supposed to hate each other, and they kind of hate each other, but Orlando has hatred that flows a little bit north right, and Miami is just like, well, everybody hates us because we do sketchy things with money, but they don't really have any true Florida Darby's. And I think that the Super League is doing a really good job in cornering that market. I think that they are doing better than just about any other professional league in the US right now.
Speaker 1: League one news FC Naples signed their first ever player, and it's Jake Owen, twenty twenty three Young Player of the Year spent his last two seasons in League One with Lex and four Madison. So FC Naples dives into the deep end and bringing in their first player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's a good signing. I find it interesting that it's their first one because most teams go with the he came from our own backyard, which is what you know Avi Alta did with Miguel Abara. You know, it's like, we got a guy from our own backyard. This is a guy who grew up three minutes down the street, or there was one time. He flew over the state and that's home for him. Now, I mean this dude from England, right. I think that I think that it's a smart signing. I think it's a good signing, and I think it tells one of two things. One, they think that this is a guy that can sell on and he can be a centerpiece. Or b they think this is a guy that can hold onto for a long time and make him a part of the fabric of this club.
Speaker 1: Speaking of sell on, we go to Tormento. Jackson Cory Yeah is picked up by Tacoma Defiance in the Seattle system. That's a great that's a great move for Tormenta once again to continue to let everybody know about their player development and their player selections, but for Defiance to grab Jackson Corey the twenty twenty three League One Player Young Player of the year. That's a big move on a couple of different levels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean undisclosed feed Those are my favorite kind of fees. Yes, I look, this is huge. I think a lot of people a Simbels just a free agent signing. I love this. I was a guy that was banging the drum for him to come to Birmingham. I think a lot of people who were in the Championship are banging the drum for him to come to their club. I think he is just an unbelievable talent that I mean. I think he's someone who can be a superstar for club and country like for a long time. He's someone who can legitimately make it up the MLS pipeline and be a star in MLS. He's another shining example of what Tormenta does and does so well. I think that this is just another just you know, a little star on the badge. You know, this is just another check mark of like see what we do. If you're a young player in the US and you're someone who doesn't have that certainty of going to an MLS club or being a starter at championship club, I don't know why you would go anywhere else besides Tormenta at this point, because not only are they going to let you play, they'll sell you. They'll give you opportunity. They're not going to hold on right And I think that it's really really cool and it's great for Tormenta and great for Corey.
Speaker 1: Greenville announced their initial round of transactions. Evanly Sebastian Velasquez and Leo Castro will return having been under contract to get They're under contract for twenty five. One of the big names, though, Lian McKinnon's contract expired. So have you heard anything about McKinnon's future where it could be is he coming back? Because that's a big miss for Triumph.
Speaker 3: I do know where he's going, and it's not back to Greenville. But boy is it a good fit?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Boy is it a good fit? I think that if you are someone who has been following the league's around for a while, whether it be MLS, USL Championship League one, et cetera, you are going to love where Liam McKinnon is up. And I'm excited.
Speaker 2: To see it. Okay, So so when will we know? Sir?
Speaker 3: Usually if I find out, it usually gets announced that within a week of me finding out. So I would say look for it within the next few days.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: A couple of a couple of comments from Julian Shakia, I can't wait for the Battery starts signing players, and he is saying that they should sign Garner from Greenville.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I like Garner. I think that I'm assuming he does mean Christian Garner. I think it kind of depends. Christian Garner and you had gone through Rankenberg kind of trading positions for a while. Both are free agents, so I don't know who's the better player, who's in the better form, who's a better fit for Charleston. I like both of those players a lot. If you want to bring in one of them and say, hey, soon underneath Kazminska for a year, or hey he can be your GK two for a year and just see what they have, I would be pretty happy with that situation. Both Garner and Rankenberg are really really good goalkeepers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hopefully I haven't burned your pipes out for the show tonight. What can folks expect on the at the USL show tonight at nineteen ninetyaster.
Speaker 3: A little bit of super League stuff. We are talking about Super League the matches that were this last week, a lot of fine Super League action, and we're doing a whole lot more of breaking down the free agent signings and where they've gone and trying to paint a full picture of who's available, who's not, who's on thereby his big boards and all that fun stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, once again on at the USL Show all of their platforms nine o'clock Eastern Time, eight in God's time Zone, seven Mountain, and six Pacific. It is Kaylor and the Band of Thousands for at the USL Show. Thank you for dropping by after school, my friend, Thank you for being flexible.
Speaker 2: We will catch up with you next time. Have a great show tonight.
Speaker 3: See you later.
Speaker 1: There he goes, that's Kaylor. Keayler's going to go home because he's at school right now. And it's like, no one should be in the build, no one should be at work until you know the it's time to go, Then time to go, you know, just like, don't stay there any longer than you need. But no, thanks to Kaylor for being flexible about everything that we broke down earlier today with the high school football Championships. That's why this is an SDHPM as opposed to an Sdham. All right, once again, let me roll through the updates and let you know what's going on before we get out of here. Back at it again nine oh five tomorrow morning and we'll break it all down for you. Is things that we still have to discuss Don Garber's on the crowded soccer schedule and the Dan Ashworth exit at Manchester United, which ain't pretty. Like I said, I anticipate that our buddy Drew Dickinson, when he can record a three D, will have his own elevated vocal tones on the activity that is there. So after a breakdown in the relationship with Sir Jim Ratcliffe, he's out five months on the job. Peace up, boy, scout, see you later.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 1: So that is that's the latest where that is concern. So keep an eye on what's going on at Manchester United. Once again. He wanted to go one direction. Ashworth wanted to go in one direction when it came to hiring the new manager. He wanted to try and see if it could be either Southgate or Graham Potter and the rest of the group was like, no, we're bringing in Rubenomeri and so Ashworth kind of felt left out of the process and like I said, five months out the door didn't go well. And then there's some comments also by Sir Jim Ratcliffe that are not sitting well with the fandom at Manchester United.
Speaker 2: So we've got to get into all of that.
Speaker 1: And basically Sir Jim Ratcliffe has said that Manchester United is not Manchester United. They are I think he said they were average as opposed to who.
Speaker 2: They are used to being in the past.
Speaker 1: So got to get into that and we'll discuss the the Ashworth exit everything else that's going on. So once again let's get into scores as things are close. We got ten minutes to go and trying to see where things are. In the three o'clock games, Real Madrid in a shootout with Atalanta leading three to two Byron Bayer, Levercus and an enter our goaliest Breast still leading one nil. Bruises and Sporting tied at one. RBI, leipzigast and Villa tide at two. That's a plus two thirty three Leipzig to win, a plus two o four Villa to win on the road, a plus one thirty nine PSG now leading two nail to minus four to seventeen over Salzburg Bayern, Munich now leading three to one against Shaq Tardanetsk. That one is at a minus six twenty five. So that is where all of that stuff b and all of that stuff is and we can figure out.
Speaker 2: What's going on from there.
Speaker 1: Once again, tomorrow it is going to be the Atlanta United Information Exchange Program continuing Tyler Program at nine fifteen, see we can catch up with Dylan Butler. At ten o'clock ten thirty, we catch up with scad and find out how the Bees got a title and find out about the programs season and what it was like for them to get a championship, catching up with some of the coaches at ten thirty Eastern times. So that is tomorrow, and that is the fun part of all of this. Once again, the news that we started the show with our friends at the Sports Podcast Awards Sports Sorry. Sport Podcast Awards have given us the opportunity to be in the running for the best news podcast out there. So here's here's once again the best sports talk podcast. You can vote until January thirteenth. Bill Roaden Church Pew Colin Murray's fifty two Historically Speaking New Heights with some guys named Jason and Travis Kelcey on tour with Sport twenty five, the SDH Network, some guy named Scott Van Pelt and s V Pod talking Sports Books, This Day in Sports History, Women's Sports presents Alice, Alice's Soaps, Soapbox, Alice's Soapbox and it's women in z So it's a New Zealand based show and You're wrong and here's why. So those that's the the final twelve, three, six, nine, twelve, So the twelve best sports Talk Podcasts in the Eyes of Sports Podcast group for the Sports Podcast Awards for twenty twenty four and five. We're in there, going up against Bill roadin the Kelsey's and.
Speaker 2: The s V Pod.
Speaker 1: Completely humbled and blessed that we are a part of that group and we couldn't do it without you guys every single day.
Speaker 2: So go vote, Go vote, Go vote.
Speaker 1: Did I mentioned Go vote, Go vote. That's the release one of the top twelve final lists in the Best Sports News Podcast. Go vote, Go vote, Go vote until January thirteenth. Best Sports Talk Podcast the SDH Network, SDHA m PM, the one v Ones Everything.
Speaker 2: Couldn't do it without y'all.
Speaker 1: Bottom line, so you have a month to vote see if we can take down if we can take.
Speaker 2: Down Goliath.
Speaker 1: New Heights bill roadin sv pod us see if we can take down Goliath in a month. Once again, thanks to our friends at the Sports Podcast Group for announcing that we are one of the finalists.
Speaker 2: In Sports News.
Speaker 1: Absolutely humbled that this is something that's happening, So once again, thanks to all of them. Thanks to all of you, couldn't do it without you. So tomorrow, once again, we catch up with sked ketchup with or maybe catch up with Dylan, and we'll get everything squared away at nine oh five. So for everybody here, once again, thanks for being a part of it every single day here at SDH. Mucha plati all play it safe back at nine oh five tomorrow morning, since at the end of the show that means I get to do this.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Taylor for dropping by.
Speaker 1: We'll see if we can catch up with our friends a Dalton State and find out about the championship that they want. In the NAI played safe, everybody will see in them