Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to Wednesday Service, Episode fifty three. I'm your host, Josh and my Day. If you don't know me, I am Christian rapper, voter, husband, fathered on me veteran. This is brought to you by Cult of Conspiracy Podcasts. And just to let you guys know, I just did a show with Jacob and Raven on Saturday Morning. So yeah, I did that show, so it should be coming out soon, so look forward to that. And to everybody that listens to this show, I really appreciate you guys. Thank you everybody listens, everyone that listens on Cult Conspiracies Podcasts and also on my podcast. Thank you to everybody that tunes into the show, everybody on YouTube, everybody on Spotify, everybody everywhere that listens to this show. Where I really appreciate you guys for listening. Okay, just want to give a big shout out to all of you for continuing with the Bible study because we're literally going through We've gone through a lot already, We've gone This is our fifty third episode. This is our fifty third episode for Wednesday Service, and it is our sixty ninth episode of Sunday service. So we are just doing great. So let me just go ahead and give some shout outs to those that commented. Last week. On Sunday Service, we have MDMP twenty two. Thank you, Jordan rich Meyer. Joshuare making history with your Bibles. Thank you. I hope that you guys are enjoying them. That's all I really want. I want you guys to enjoy the studies and hopefully it's assisting you with your walk with the Lord. That's what I really want. So glad to be a part of it when it's happening. Yes, well, thank you, Jordan. I appreciate you. Brother. God bless you. I see a picture of you. Oh and that's your son. How awesome, bro, God is so great. I see a picture of you and your son here on Spotify. And then Brad gillis what is up? Brother? Thank you so much for the shout out. There was four people that commented, but one person was doing a reply to the other group, so oh wow. On Wednesday service we actually had seven people that commented MDMP twenty two. Ae Brow, what's up brother, Brian Brother. I finally made it over to Colt Conspiracy leave a comment. I saw that you left that on. I saw it on Sunday Service. I shouted you out on there, and I'll shout you out on here too. Ay E Brow, thank you. I really appreciate you for commenting. And it looks like one of the comments was MDMP twenty two letting Ae Brow know that I'll be shouting him out on the show. Then we have Brad Gillis, thank you, appreciate you, brother, Angela Kelly like always, I appreciate you, Roe Green, thank you, appreciate you. Yes, you said thank you as well. All glory to God. And then Whisker's White late but made it. Yes, sir, thank you so much brother for everything. And I hope you guys enjoyed Sunday Service and Wednesday Service last week. I thought it was awesome. I don't know when the episode's going to come out when I did Cultkin's but should come out soon. But yeah, we just kind of literally just had like a back and forth for two hours. We didn't even have a subject in mind. They just said, hey, we want you to come on and just kind of talk and it was just an interview style and we were just kind of having a good time and you know, kind of dabbling in the Bible and what do I think about Aliens and all these different kind of questions that are that you guys will probably enjoyed listening to. So when it comes out, I'll try to shout out on here, you know, I'll shout out on here to let you guys know when it released. So, like I said, everybody that keeps commenting, thank you, just please keep it up. It really I really appreciate it. Jonathan and Jacob and Raven, thank you guys for having me. And I talked to Jacob and Jacob was saying that he sees that, you know, the comments you guys are leaving, and he's really happy about the show. And it's just amazing, you know that you guys continue to tune in every single week. And I can't thank you enough, you know, And it's all glory to God for everything that's going on with this study, and it's just amazing, you know, it is so much. So all right, so let me just go ahead and share the screen and jump over to Philippians. I don't know why, but I want to say second Philippians, but it's just Philippians. There's no second Philippians because there's no, first Philippians. It's just Philippians. I always do that. It just reminds me of like First Corinthians and Second Corinthians or something, you know. And I kind of do the same thing with Colossians. Sometimes I'm like first Colossians. It's like, no, there's only one colloctions, bro, don't be saying that. So but it happens. No worries, but U, yes, let's go ahead and start with our study here, and we're going to be in Philippians three. So I'm going to do the intro for Philippians three, it says. Philippians three is a vibrant and challenging chapter from the Apostle Paul's letter to the Church in Philippi. In it all encourages believers to shift their focus from worldly accolae lades to the surpassing worth of knowing Jesus Christ. He emphasizes the pursuit of Christ as the ultimate goal, a call to strive for a heavenly citizenship and living anticipation of Christ's return. And like I said earlier in other earlier episodes, but just in case people missed it, Philippians was written from Rome. It says, acts twenty eight around a D. Sixty sixty two. The church in Philippi, first Planet in Acts sixteen had remained a faithful partner in Paul's ministry, even sending gifts when offers did not Philippians four, verse fifteen through sixteen, Okay, when others did not. So the setting is in Philippi, and I just want to let you guys know that I was written around sixty AD to sixty two AD somewhere in there, all right, So let's go ahead and jump to the teaching points.
Speaker 2: So it looks like four through six. We got some teaching points.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Let's go ahead and start reading here, and then I'll go to my other notes. Went through eleven yep. Okay, So I'm gonna read one through six and then I have some notes, and then i'll read seven through eleven, and then I have some other notes.
Speaker 2: All right, So, oh my screen, why did I do that?
Speaker 1: Yep? Don't want that? Nope, the heck? All right? Sorry about that, guys. I think I'm something. Oh wait, ex that out all right? Cool? Thank you for your patience, all right. Philippians three, verse one. It's as all for Christ as the chap as the title for the chapter. Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe. Verse two. Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of mutilation. For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the spirit, rejoiced in Christ Jesus. And have no confidence in the flesh, though I also might have confidence in the flesh. Oh wait, it says, and have no confidence in the flesh, though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so circumcise the eighth day of the Stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews, concerning the law of Pharisee, concerning zeal, persecuting the Church, concerning the righteous, which is in the law blameless. Okay, So we'll stop there real quick. We have confidence in the flesh versus confidence in Christ. Okay. Paul begins by warning against placing confidence in the flesh, listing his own credentials and achievements Philippians three, verses four through six. Then he declares, but whatever was gained to me, I count as a loss for the sake of Christ is what it says. Actually in seven, so we'll read seven as well. So it says, but what things were gained to me? These I have countered. I've counted loss for Christ. Okay, we'll stop there. So let's go ahead and look a little deeper in this concept of confidence in the flesh versus confidence in Christ. Okay. The concept of confidence in the flesh is primarily derived from the apostle Paul's writings, particularly in his Letter to the Philippians and Philippians three verses three through four, which we just read. Paul warns against placing trust in human achievements or lineage. For it is we who are the circumcision, who we who serve God by His Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh. Though I though I myself could have such confidence, if anyone thinks he has grounds for confidence in the flesh, I have more. Paul Lists's credentials circumcised in the eighth Day of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews, a Pharisee zealous and blame us under the law to illustrate that anyone could boast in the flesh, but it would be him. If anybody could boast in the flesh, you would be him. However, he considers these gains as loss for the sake of Christ Philippians three, verse seven. Confidence in the flesh refers to reliance on human abilities, achievements, or status for righteousness or favor with God. It encompasses trust in one's own strength, wisdom, or moral accomplishments. This confidence is often seen as a form of pride or self reliance that detracts from the glory due to God alone. The Old Testament also addresses this theme in Jeremiah nine twenty three through twenty four. The Lord declares, let not the wise man boasts in his wisdom, nor the strong man in his strength, nor the rich man and his riches. But let him who boasts boasts in this that he understands and knows me that I am the Lord who exercises loving devotion, justice, and righteousness on the earth. So that's the in section on the confidence in the flesh. Let's go ahead and check out the confidence in Christ. In contrast, confidence in Christ is characterized by reliance on Jesus finished work on the cross, his righteousness imputed to believers. Paul emphasizes this in Philippians three, verses eight through nine, which we haven't gone over yet. So let me just do that real fast, and then I'll jump right back to this little section. Okay. Verse eight says, Yet indeed, I also count all things lost for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ, Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ, and I may be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is the form of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith. Okay, we'll stop there. We stop that we finished nine, so let me continue on this little portion here, it says. Paul emphasizes this in Philippians three, verses eight through nine, which we just read. It says. Confidence in Christ involves a deep trust in his promise, his power, and his presence. It is a faith that acknowledges human and suffer insufficiency and the need for divine grace. Hebrews four sixteen encourages believers to approach the throne of grace with confidence that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need the New Testament. The New Testament consistently teaches that salvation and righteousness come through faith in Jesus Christ, not through human effort. Ephesians two eight through nine states, for it is by grace that we have been saved through faith. It is not from yourselves. It is a gift from God, so that no man shall boast. Okay, confidence in Christ also brings assurance and peace, as seen in Romans eight thirty eight through thirty nine. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anyone else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God, that is in Christ, Jesus our Lord. In summary, the Biblical teaching contrast confidence in the flesh, which is rooted in human pride and self reliance, with confidence in Christ, which is grounded in faith, grace, and the righteousness of Jesus. This distinction is central to understanding the Christian life and the nature of salvation. Okay, perfect now let's go ahead and jump right back into finishing off ten and eleven. Here, hold on, real quick finished, Okay, Well, finish ten and eleven, and then I have a few things to go through, and then I'll go through the whole thing. So I'll go through all of them, one through eleven. But it says that I may this is a verse ten, that I may know him in the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death, if by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Okay. So it also I also had some notes on the surpassing worth of knowing Christ, which Philippians three eight says. Yet indeed I also count all things lost for the excellence the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, from whom I have suffered all the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish that I may gain in Christ. So in this verse Paul emphasizes Paul emphasizes the incomparable value of knowing Christ Jesus, stating, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Jesus my Lord. Okay, The concept of surpassing worth of Knowing Christ is a profound theme in Christian theology, emphasizing the incomparable value of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This theme is most explicitly articulated in the New Testament, particularly in the writings of Apostle Paul. Biblical foundation. The phrase surpassing worth of knowing Christ is derived from Philippians three, verse eight, where Paul writes, more than that I count all things as a loss compared to the surpassing excellence of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, from whom I have lost all things, I consider them rubbish that I may gain Christ. This passage highlights Paul's deep conviction that knowing Christ surpasses all earthly gains and achievements. Paul's testimony Paul's life serves as a testament to the transformative power of knowing Christ. Before his conversion, Paul, then known as Saul, was a Pharisee and a zealous persecutor of Christians Acts A three nine, one through two. However, this encounter. However, his encounter with the risen Christ on the Road to Damascus and Acts nine, verses three through six, Paul's life was radically changed. He came to regard his previous accomplishments and status as insignificant compared to the value of his relationship with Christ. In Philippians three, verses four through seven, Paul lists his credentials in achievements under the law, yet he considers them the loss for the sake of Christ. The radical re evaluation underscores the transformative impact of knowing Christ, which reiterates one's value and priorities. What's the theological implications of this? The surpassing worth of knowing Christ is not merely an intellectual assent, but involves a deep, personal and experiential knowledge of Jesus as Lord and savior. This knowledge is characterized by a relationship that transforms the believer's life, values, and purpose. It involves a continual process of growth in faith, love, and obedience to Christ. In Ephesians three seventeen through nineteen, I don't want to read that yet because I don't want to give you any spoiler alerts. So what's the conclusion? The surpassing worth of knowing Christ is a central tenet of the Christian faith, inviting believers to embrace a relationship with Jesus that transforms their lives. And redefines their understanding of true value and purpose through His relationship. Through this relationship, Christians are called to experience the fullness of life that comes from knowing and being known by Christ. Okay, and then let's see if I have any other notes on any of those other sections. Righteousness through faith verse nine is what this one's gonna talking about, it says, and be found in him. Not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith. This is righteousness through faith. Paul contrasts righteousness based on the law with righteousness through faith in Christ, saying, not having my own righteousness from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ. Righteousness through faith is a foundational doction in Christian theology, emphasizing that individuals are made righteous before God not by their own works or adherence to the law, but through faith in Jesus Christ. This concept is a central to the teachings of the apostle Paul and is a key tenant in the New Testament. Some examples of that would be Romans three twenty two were Paul rights and this righteousness from God through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction. This verse underscores the universality the universality of the righteousness available to all who have faith, regardless of their background or previous adherence of the law. Romans four, verse three also pau adheres to the Old Testament patriarch Abraham, stating Abraham believed God and it was credited him as righteousness. This citation from Genesis fifteen, verse six illustrates that even before the Mosaic Law, righteousness was accounted to individuals based on their faith in God role of the law. Romans three twenty states, therefore, no one will be justified in his sight in Jesus's site by works of the law, for the law merely brings awareness of sin. The law highlights humanity's inability to achieve righteousness through their own efforts, pointing instead to the necessity of faith in Christ. And then Romans five to one talks about faith in Christ. It says, therefore we have been justified through faith, and we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. This peace with God as a result of being justified or declared rightus through faith in Christ's atoning work. And then the gift of grace is spoken about in Ephesians two eight through nine, which we already went over earlier, okay, was that we're saved by grace through faith verse Okay, we're saved by grace through faith. Okay. And then living out righteousness is spoken about in James two, verse seventeen, where it says so to faith by itself it is it does not result in action, is dead or Yes, genuine faith produces a transformation and behavior leading to a life that reflects the righteousness of God. Conclusion, righteousness through faith is a central theme in the New Testament, emphasizing that believers are justified before God not by their own efforts, but through faith in Jesus Christ. This doctrine underscores the grace of God and the transformative power of faith in the life of a believer. Very very important, very important there. Okay, Okay, now we have perfect So we've gone over verses one through eleven. Let me just go over a brief description of what we just read. Philippians three, verses one through eleven means that true righteouses and joy come only from knowing Christ, not from religious achievements or lawkeeping, which Paul considers worthless rubbish. Paul contrasts his impressive Jewish background Pharisee, blameless by law, etc. With the surpassing worth of gaining Christ, experiencing his resurrection power, sharing his suffering, and attaining the resurrection hope, urging believers to find their confidence in Jesus alone, not human effort or rituals like circumcision. In verses two through three, Paul one's against dogs judaizers who claim salvation required following Jewish law like circumcision in addition to faith. He calls for true circumcision, which is spiritual, not physical, and happens through the spirit, not works. And verses four through six, Paul's religious resume lists impressive pedigree Hebrew of Hebrew, Pharisee, zealous and persecutor, to show that he had every reason to boast in the flesh, human achievement, but it counts, but he counts all as a loss and verses seven through nine. We recognize the supreme value of Christ. Everything else has pales. Everything else pales in comparison to the surpassing worth of knowing Jesus. Paul wants to be found in Christ possessing God's righteousness through faith, not his own from the law, and then in ten through eleven, knowing Christ deeply. This goal isn't just intellectual knowledge, but experiencing the power of His resurrection, sharing in his sufferings, and being transformed to be like him even in death to gain the resurrection. Rejoice and let go in verses one and verse four. The overarching message is to rejoice in Christ and let go of anything reputation, status, good deeds that distracts from Him, and as only He provides true life and eternal life. In essence, Paul says, forgets your religious resume. It's a garbage compared to Jesus. Your goal is to know Him intimately, experience in his power and sharing his life, share his life, trust solely in his faithfulness for the righteousness and future resurrection. Perfect. All right, So now let's go ahead and jump to Philippians three, verse twelve. Not that I have already it says, pressing toward the goal, Not that I have already attained or am already perfected. But I press on that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not coult myself to have apprehended. But one thing I do. Forgetting these things, those things which are behind, and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal of the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore, let us as many, let us, as many as are mature, have this mind. And if anything you'd think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. Nevertheless, to the degree that we are already attained, let us walk by the same rule. Let us be the same mind. Okay, let's go ahead and stop there, real quick. And verse fourteen, it says pressing on toward the goal. Paul uses the metaphor of a race to describe the Christian's journey. Encourage your believers to press on toward the goal to win the prize of God's heavenly calling in Christ Jesus. All right, let's see pressing on toward the goal. The concept pressing on toward the goal is rooted in the Christian journey of faith, emphasizing perseverance, spiritual growth, and the pursuit of christ likeness. This theme is prominently articulated in the New Testament, particularly in the writings of the apostle Paul. The primary scripture scriptural reference for the theme is found in Philippians three, verse twelve through fourteen, which we just read, and these passages Paul acknowledges his own imperfection and ongoing nature of the Christian life. He uses the metaphor of a race to describe the Christian pursuit of spiritual maturity and the ultimate goal of eternal life with Christ. The price he refers to is the fulfillment of God's calling and the promise of eternal fellowship with Him. Theologically theological improplications. Theologically, pressing on toward the goal involves both divine initiative and human response. It is God who initiates the call to self and sanctification, as seen in Philippians one, verse six, being confident of this that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. However, believers are called to actively participate in their spiritual growth by thriving toward holiness and maturity. This pursuit requires conscious effort to leave behind past failures and successes, focusing instead on the future and the promise of God. It involves a daily commitment to live according to the teachings of Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit. We have some practical applications. We have a number one, prayer and devotion. Regular communication with God through prayer and meditation on scripture is essential for These are practical applications for this particular verses twelve through fifteen. Okay, this is not practical applications for the whole chapter. It says prayer and devotion, regular communication with God through prayer and meditation on scriptures essential for spiritual growth and perseverance. Number two Community and fellowship. Engaging with the community of believers pro provide support, accountability, and encouragement in the journey of faith. And then number three is service and witness. Actively serving others and sharing the Gospel are vital expressions of a life committed to Christ. Number four Endurance and trials. Recognizing the trials and challenges our opportunities for growth, believers are encouraged to persevere trust in God's faithfulness. Okay. Conclusion, the call to press on toward the goal is a central aspect of the Christian faith, urging believers to pursue a deeper relationship with Christ and to live in anticipation of the eternal reward promise by God. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, Christians are equipped to overcome obstacles and continue their journey towards spiritual maturity and the ultimate prize of eternal life with Christ. I'm a little bit sore.
Speaker 2: From working out this morning, guys, so I'm like kind of reading my chest.
Speaker 1: It's really sorry, so perfect. So now we're gonna go ahead and jump to Versus all. Actually, you know what, let me just go over a brief description of what we just read. Philippians twelve. Sorry Philippians three, Verses twelve through fifteen means that even mature Christians like the apostle Paul, haven't arrived at perfection, but are relentlessly straining forward in the Christian life like an athlete in a race to know Christ more fully and to attain the heavenly prized God calls to them, calls them too. This involves forgetting the past failures and successes and reaching for the future, pressing on with intense effort towards the spiritual maturity and the resurrection life in Christ key themes. Yet not perfect, but pressing on, Paul admits he's not perfect, but uses this as motivation, not an excuse to stop. The Christian life As a race. The passage uses imagery of an athletic race, emphasizing focused effort and determination towards a goal forgetting the past. This means not dwelling on past sins or past achievements, but using them as motivation to keep moving forward in Christ, straining toward the goal. This is an active, intense effort to know Jesus more deeply and become more like him, fully embracing God's calling. The goal, the upward call the ultimate prizes is the heavenly calling Christ, which culminates in resurrection and eternal life with God Verse four fifteen. Paul or just fellow mature believers to adopt this mindset for others and to come to the same understanding walking by the same rule. In essence, Paul encourages believers to maintain a posture of humble determine pursuit, consistently moving toward, constantly moving deeper into their relationship with Jesus, rather than resting on past spiritual accomplishments or being defined by past failures. That's what it's pretty much mean, Okay, So let's go ahead and jump to verse seventeen. It says, our citizenship in heaven. Verse seventeen says, brethren, join and following my example, and so we walk. Note those who so walk as you have us for a pattern. For many walk to whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ, whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their mind on earthly things. For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the savior of the Lord Jesus Christ, for who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working of the working by which he is able even to subdue all things to himself. All right, So, in verse seventeen, it says, intimidating imitating Christ and God the example, Paul urges believers to follow his example, and to keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. The concept of imitating Christ and godly examples is the essential theme in the Christian discipleship and spiritual growth. It involves emulating the character, actions, and attitudes of Jesus Christ and other faithful believers as a means of living a life that is pleasing to God. Biblical foundation, the call to imitate Christ is explicitly stated in the New Testament. The apostle Paul, in his letter to the Corinthians, urges believers to follow his example as he follows Christ. Be imitators of me, just as I am of Christ one Corinthians eleven, verse one. This directive underscores the importance of modeling one what happened sorry. This directive underscores the importance of modeling one's life after Christ, who is ultimate example of holiness, love, and obedience to the Father. In Ephesians five, verses one through two, Paul further exhorts believers be imitators of God therefore as beloved children, and walk in love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant sacrificial offering to God. Here, the imitation of God is closely linked to living a life of love, reflecting the sacrificial nature of Christ's love for humanity. Okay, so there's examples like Christ as the perfect example in Philippians two, verses five through eight, what says, let his mind be anew, which is also in Christ, Jesus, who existed in God, who existed in the form of God, who did not consider equality with God but something to be grafted, but emptied himself taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness, and being found in appearance as a man. He humbled himself and became obedient to death, even on the cross. Christ's obedience to the Father and his sacrifice of love and central are central to his example. Believers are called to adopt the same mindset, prioritizing God's will above their own desires and serving others selflessly. Okay, and in summary, imitating Christ and God. The examples is a lifelong pursuit that involves aligning one's life with teachings and character of Jesus and other faith believers. As it it is a call to live out the Gospel and every aspect of life reflecting the love and holiness of God in the world. Okay, so perfect, so we went and we had we went ahead and finished Philippians three. Let me just go over a brief description of what we read in chapter seventeen. Through twenty one Slippians three seventeen through twenty in contrast two lifestyles, one of worldly focus, self indulgence and destruction the Enemies of the Cross, the others heavenly citizenship and Christ's focus hope, modeled by Paul, whose future is in Christ's return and transformation. Paul urges believers to imitate him, not false teachers, and live like citizens of heaven, eagerly awaiting Jesus, who will change the lowly bodies to be like his glorious body, focusing on eternal realities, not earthly pleasures. The two paths Enemies of the Cross and Verses eighteen through nineteen focus earthly things, immediate desires, self gratification. Their God is their belly, behavior, God glory and their shame, setting their minds on worldly gains outcome destruction as they serve flesh the impulses rather than Christ. Important not to do that. Paul and believers model imitate Paul, who imitates Christ, focus Christ's resurrections, suffering in future glory, citizenship heavenly not earthly hope, eagerly await Jesus return and transform their bodies. Key meanings are key godly examples. Paul calls believers to follow his pattern of life, which is centered on Christ, providing a contrast to false teachers perspective. The passes contrast those living in temporary earthly present but those living in eternal life. With Christ viewing this world as temporary and it's transformation. The ultimate hope for believers is not found in earthly achievement, but in Christ's glorious return and the resurrection, when their mortal bodies will be remade. Warning against worldliness, Paul warns against a mindset that prioritizes physical appetites and earthly comforts over spiritual realities, a path leading to ruin. Okay, so perfect, so we went ahead and finished chapter three. Let me go ahead and read some practical applications for the whole entire chapter. We have evaluate your priorities regularly, assess what you what you value most in life? Are there areas where you need to shift your focus from worldly achievements to knowing Christ more deeply? Number two. Cultivate faith based righteousness. Embrace the righteousness that comes through faith in Christ rather than relying on personal accomplishments. Adherence to the law. Number three pursue spiritual growth like an athlete in a race. Commit a church, commit to spiritual disciplines that help grow fat closer to Christ, and press on toward the heavenly prize. Number four seek godly mentors. Identify and learn from mature Christians who exemplify a Christ's centered life and strive to imitate their faith and conduct. Okay, and a couple verses that connect to chapter three of Philippiates we have Rowans three two through twenty four discusses righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. Hebrews twelve, verses one through two encourages believers to run with perseverance the race marked out for them, fixing their eyes on Jesus. And then two Timothy four, verses seven through eight, Paul reflects on having fought the good fight and finished the race, anticipating the crown of righteousness. Okay, Oops, I'm gonna go ahead and go to right. Let me go ahead and go to Philippians four. Excuse me, under me burp in the microphone. I had a I had Wabba girl. Wabba girl has tacos and they're like a steak taco and they have this waba sauce that's hot. Like it's like a I don't know if you guys, it's like they're blaze sauces called like angry sauce or something. Oh my, oh wow, I ate that sauce. I was like, whoa, this is burning my mouth, Like I ate like three of them on this on the corner of my plate, and it was burning my tongue. Like eh. It just reminded me because I just burned her and I was like my throat. Anyways, yes, probably don't need to hear that, but it's just what's going on with me. Number four. All right, I worded chapter four to though le me get to water. Mondays are always the roughest. All right, we're gonna go over an intro for Philippians four. Philippians four serves as the closing chapter of the Apostle Paul's letter to the Philippians, writing during his imprisonment in Rome. Paul closing Paul's closing remarks stressed the importance of unity, peace, contentment, prayer in God's everlasting provision. These lessons remain relevant to modern believers, guiding us in maintaining our Christian faith amid the varying circumstances of life. Historical background of Philippi founded by Philip the second of Macedon. I know it's not Macedon, it's Macedon. Philippi became a Roman colony after the Battle of Philippie and forty two BC. Latin was the official language, and many residents were retired soldiers, enjoying Roman citizenship. The city lay on via Ignoenasia, a military trade road crossing northern Greece, making it a strategic hub for the Gospel Acts sixteen twelve through forty, and it says archaeologists have uncovered a first century forum, a theater, and inscriptions honoring veteran colonies conforming the civic pride. Paul hensett in three point twenty. Our city listenship is in heaven, you know, Philippians three verse twenty. Okay, so let's go ahead and check out our teaching points for this show. Perfect, All right. Let me just go ahead and read one through seven real quick. Philippians, Chapter four. Be anxious for nothing, think these thoughts, is what the title says. Therefore, my beloved and longed for brethren, my joy and crown, So stand fast than the Lord beloved, it says, be united, joyful, and in prayer verse two, I implore your your udo yudia, and implore sink sink chi sin chi to be the same mind in the Lord. And I urge you to also. I urge you, also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the Gospel with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers whose names are in the Book of Life. Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say, I will say, rejoice. Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving. Let your request be known made to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Jesu Christ Jesus. All right, so let's go ahead and check out what it says here at Philippius four four, Paul exhorts believers to rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, rejoice. This is joy. This joy is not dependent on external circumstances, but is rooted in our relationship with Christ. Let's look a little deeper into this Rejoice in the Lord always. The phrase Rejoice in the Lord always is a directive found in the New Testament, specifically in the Apostle Paul's Letter to the Philippians. The exhortation is located in Philippians four, Chapter four, verse four, where Paul writes, Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice. This command is significant in Christian theology as it encapsulates the call to maintain a post for joy regardless of circumstances, rooted in the believer's relationship with the Lord. What's the context and background? The Epistle of the Philippians is one of Paul's prison letters. The Epistle to the Philippians is one of Paul's prison letters, written during his imprisonment in Rome around sixty a d To sixty two. Despite his own challenging circums since as, Paul emphasizes joy and encourages the Philippian Church to adopt the same attitude. The city of Philippi was a Roman colony in Macedonia and the Church was there. The church there was one of the first Christian communities established in Europe. The Philippians faced external pressure and internal challenges, making Paul's message of joy particularly poignant. What's the theological significance? The command to rejoice in the Lord always underscores the Christian belief that joy is not dependent on external situations, but is a fruit of the Spirit Galatians five, verse twenty two. This joy is deeply rooted in the believer's relationship with Christ and the assurance of salvation. It reflects the trust in God's sovereignty and goodness regardless of life's trial. The repetition and the command I will say it again, rejoice highlights its importance and the need for believers to conscious choose joy. Okay, hold on real quick. Sorry, I'm just trying to copy and paste something because that's really good stuff. Yeah yeah, oh yeah, yeah, day. I wish that would just.
Speaker 2: Perfect copy and let me just I just need to send this to myself.
Speaker 1: I like this little part right there where, Josh Monday. Okay, let me just send this to myself because I have a debate coming up. I forgot to tell you guys. I forgot to tell you guys about that. I have another debate coming up. This one is going to be The debate subject is is Christianity bad for society? So this guy wants to debate me on whether Christianity is good, good for society, or bad for society. Obviously I'll be taking the it's good for society, and he'll be taking it's bad for society. So that'll be coming up January twenty seventh against this guy named conspiracy Cats. I guess he goes by cultured cats and conspiracy cats. Yeah, on YouTube. So he just sent me a message out of nowhere when I was on my friend's page and he said, Hey, Josh Monday, I would love to debate you. And it's crazy because I thought he was a moderator on my friend's channel and I was like, yeah, sure, man, he seemed pretty open minded. And then come to find out he's an atheist, you know, so now I'm debating an atheist, So not fun. I don't like to debate atheists, to be honest. But I didn't even know. But I already committed to him, and I don't back out of that thing because I don't. I don't like to do that to people. If I tell someone I'm gonna do something. But anyways, let's get back to what I was saying here. Sorry I jumped the way off the track. Conclusion, the call to rejoice, and the Lord always remains a timeless expertime. For Christians today, it serves as a reminder of the joy that is available through Christ, encouraging believers to live with a heart full of praise gratitude, regardless of life's circumstances. Okay, so amen to that. So let's go ahead and do we read five yep, Let your gentleness be known to all men, gentleness and peace. Let your gentleness be apparent to all. The Lord is near Philippians four, verse five. Our demeanors should reflect Christ's presence in our lives, characterized by gentleness and peace. Gentleness and peace is Gentleness is a virtue highly esteemed in the Christian faith, often associated with humility, kindness, and a tender disposition. It is the fruit of the spirit, as outlined and Galatians five twenty two through twenty three. Peace in the biblical sense encompasses more than the absence of conflict. It signifies a state of wholeness, harmony, and well being. It is both a gift from God and a calling for believers. Jesus, the Prince of Peace, offers a peace that transcends human understanding. In John fourteen twenty seven, he assures his disciples peace. I leave with you my peace I give to you. I do not give you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled. Do not be afraid. Okay. In summary, gentleness and peace are interwoven virtues that reflect the character of Christ and the transformative work of the Holy Spirit and the life of a believer. They are both gifts to be received and responsibilities to be embraced, shaping the believer's conduct and relationship in the matter that honors God. Okay. And then in a verse six, it says prayer and supplication. Paul instructs, do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving presenter request to God. Philippians four, verse six. Prayer is the antidote to anxiety, bringing our concerns before God with a thankful heart. I don't know if you guys have ever done that before, But have you ever had like some issue or some problem where you just literally pray to God, Like Lord, I'm just gonna lay it at your feet because you know how to handle it. Because we don't always know how to handle things, so we need to do that. Sometimes we need to take all the anxiety, the stress that we have and just tell the Lord, like Father, God, I just want to lay it at your feet. I know that you can handle it, but I cannot. And sometimes it makes you take a weight off your shoulders. You know, if you were feeling in any type of anxiety, you know so. Prayer and supplication are central components of the Christian faith, serving as vital means of communication between believers in God. About the Bible, prayers depicted as an act of worship, a plea for divine intervention, and a means of cultivating a personal relationship with the Creator with God, it says, personal create relationship with the Creator here, but personal creation personal relationship with God. Supplication, a form of prayer, involves earnest and humble requests made to God, often in times of need and distress. Supplication In scripture, supplication is a specific type of prayer characterized by earnest, entreaty, and humility. It is often associated with the deep sense of need and dependence on God. The Psalms are replete with examples of supplication. In the Psalms, the psalmist cries out to God for help, guidance, and deliverance. Psalms twenty eight, verse two states, hear my cry for mercy when I call to You for help, when I lift up my hands toward your holy sanctuary, and the new est supplication is frequently frequently mentioned alongside prayer. A Pheesian six verse eighteen instructs believers to pray and the spirit at all times, with every kind of prayer and petition. To this end, stay alert with your perseverance in your prayers for all the saints. This verse underscores the importance of supplication as a part of the believer's spiritual armor, so practical application. For Christians, prayer and supplication are integral to daily life and spiritual growth. They encourage to approach God with confidence, knowing that He hears and answers prayers according to his will. Hebrews four, verse sixteen invites believers to approach the Throne of Grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Incorporating prayer and supplication into one's life involves setting aside dedicated time for communion with God, as well as maintaining an attitude for prayerfulness throughout the day. Believers are encouraged to pray for themselves, their families, their communities, and the world, trusting in God's power to affect change and bring about his purposes. Okay, so very important for us to know, So let's go ahead and read a brief description of what we read in two through seven. Philippians four. Two through seven is about finding unity, peace, and joy in Christ. Admits disagreements, emphasizing that believers should prioritize agreement in the Lord, practice gentleness, rejoice, always, pray with thankfulness, and surrender worries to God, resulting in His peace guarding their hearts and minds. It is a call to let the It's a call to let the reality of Christ's nearness transform conflict into Gospel centered living in inner calm, rather than getting lost in petty disputes. Key meanings. In verses two through three, Paul or unity and disagreement. Paul addresses conflict between women Udea and sinc Chi by I don't know how to pronounce the name Sinchi sin Chi, by urging them and the church to agree in the Lord, meaning to have the same mind centered on Christ, putting his interest above personal preference. And showing gentle, humble love. Rejoice in the Lord always verse four. This isn't a shallow happiness, but a deep seated joy rooted in Christ's work, which provides stability even when circumstances are tough or joy seems lost. And verse five. Gentleness knowing the Lord is near empowers believers to be gentle and kind to everyone, contrasting the fear driven aggression or withdraw in verse six and seven, prayer over anxiety. Instead of worrying. Believers should present the request to God with thanksgiving. This leads to the peace of God, which acts as a divine guard from your heart and mind, protecting its anxious thoughts. For conflicts, seek to common ground in Christ, not personal victory. For trials. Replace worry with prayer and thankfulness for daily living. Let your attitude be one of constant rejoicing and gentleness before Christ is near. All right, now, let's go ahead and check out. Meditate on these things verse eight. Finally, brethren, whether these things are true, whether things are noble, whether things are just, whether whatever things are pure. Sorry, finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are good or of good, whatever things are of good, Report there is any if there is any virtue, and there's anything praise worthy, Meditate on these things, the things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me. These do and the God of Peace will be with you. So basically, what it's saying is it's encouraging Christians to focus on their minds on positive, virtuous, and God honoring thoughts true, noble, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, praiseworthy, and to actively practice what you've learned from Paul and Christ, resulting in the presence of peace of God of peace. It's call for mental discipline, filtering our negativity and filling the mind with these reflecting things reflecting God's character, leading to inner peace in alignment with God's will. Whatever true, is, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable. Paul list's qualities that reflect God's character, urging believers to let these dominate their thinking like a mental thought filter, excellent, and praiseworthy. This extends the list of things worthy of focus, ultimately pointing to Jesus Christ, who embodies all these virtues. And then four nine, it says whatever you have learned or received, or heard or seen in me. This connects inner thinking to outward action, urging believers to imitate Paul's christ like example and then practice these things. Is not just about thinking, but also living out these virtues. The God of Peace will be with you. This is a promise aligning our mind and actions with these principles and brings the presence and peace of God into your life, guarding against anxiety. In essence, guard your mind, live it out, and experience God's peace. Okay, So now what is this? This is ten through twenty is next. Okay, Let's see what we have here, and the peace of God, which have passed all understanding, will guard your hearts in your mind in Christ Jesus. Okay, let's go ahead and read verses ten through twenty real quick. Philippian generosity is what it says, and Philippians four, verse ten, it says, but I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last year cared for me has flourished again. Though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content, I know how to be abased. I know how to abound everywhere and in all things. I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Very popular verse. I actually have it on my wall over here. That's a very popular verse Philippians four, verse thirteen, that says, nevertheless, you have done well that you were shared in my distress. Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the Gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving. Not only you not receiving, but you only for even in that's the that's a lanaika. You sent aid once and again for my necessities. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Indeed, I have all in a bound. I am full having received the fhoradditis, the things sent from you, a sweet smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And My God shall supply all your needs according all your need, according to as riches in the glory, by Jesus, by Christ. Jesus. Now to our God and Father, be glory forever and ever. Amen. I'm just gonna read this last portion as well, just to end it, and then we'll go over a little scenario. Here. Our little brief description. It says, greet every saint in Christ, Jesus, the brethren who are with me, greet you. All the saints, greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar's household. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. A men, All right, let's go to read a brief description of Philippians four ten through twenty. It says, Oh hold on, hebe wait sick. Philippians four ten through twenty is about the apostle Paul's joyful gratitude for the Philippian church generous gift, teaching profound lessons on contentment in God's provision. True satisfaction comes from Christ, not circumstances, allowing believers to be content in abundance or want, and God promises to meet all their needs as a partner in faith. This passage highlights that giving is worship and God rewards faithfulness, knowing their gifts as a fragrant offering, assuring them God will supply all their needs from riches in his glory. What are some of the key themes in Philippians four ten through twenty well Verses ten through eighteen, The key theme is gratitude in partnership. Paul rejoices in the Lord for the renewed support, recognizing their giving as a shared partnership in the Gospel, even a sacrifice pleasing to God, not just physical help. The secret contentment and Versus eleven through thirteen, Paul learned to be content in any situation full of hungry, plenty, or want, through Christ, who gives him strength to do all things, emphasizing that contentment is in self sufficiency, but reliance on Jesus. And then in verses nineteen through twenty, Paul promises that his God will supply all the Philippians needs according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus according are concluding with praise, Amen, and then deeper meaning. Contentment is a learned skill, It's not automatic. It's a choice to trust God's control, turning away from worldly desires and anxiety. And then generosity is worship. The Philippians sacrificial giving demonstrated that a generous heart stems from a contented one, showing God is in control and then Christ as the source. The passage contrast widely or worldly dissatisfaction with the deep satisfaction found in Christ, who empowers believers to handle any circumstance. In essence, Paul thinks the Philippians teaches them and us the powerful lesson that God equips us for any situation through Christ and promises he will meet their needs as they continue to support His work. Perfect. So we ended that. Let me just go ahead and let me just go over some practical applications.
Speaker 2: For so.
Speaker 1: We finished the chapter. So let me go over to practical applications Philippians four, chapter four. Practical applications. Make rejoicing in God a daily habit by meditating on his blessings. Replace worry with prayer by presenting specific needs to God with thanksgiving. Memorize Philippians four, verse eight, and use it as a checklist for your thought life. Practice contentment by focusing on God's provision rather than what you lack. Encourage others in your community with the hope and peace found in Christ. Perfect. Now, let's check out some additional scriptures that connect. Additional scriptures that connect is first Thessalonians five, verse fifteen through sixteen, Our fifteenth sixteen through eighteen, it says, rejoice, always, pray without seizing, give thanks in all circumstances, and overcoming anxiety. We have Matthew six twenty five through thirty four it says Jesus teaches not to worry about tomorrow, but to trust in God's provision. And then on contentment, first time with the six six through eight. But godliness with contentment is great gain. And then on peace it's John fourteen twenty seven. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. So that is going to be Philippians four. That's going to be the end of Philippians. Okay, so we finished Philippians there. Let me just go ahead and go to something really quick as I'm yeah, so we already finished Philippians already. It's crazy. So now we get to one of my favorite chapters is Colossians one. I really like Colossians one a lot. I'd like to go to that for well, on introduction to Colossians. Where's it at? Trying to Okay, there we go, there's my introduction Colautions. I found it. Okay. So the Book of Colostions written by the apostle Paul is a New Testament letter emphasized in the absolute pre eminence and sufficiency of Jesus Christ as the image of God and fullness of Deity. Written to counter a false teaching, a mix of Jewish legalism, assentism, and mysticism threatening the Church of Colossy. Paul stresses that Christ is Lord over all creation, including spiritual powers, and that believers united with Him through his death and resurrection find complete fulfillment and power for living in Him alone, not in worldly philosophies or rituals. Author is Paul the Apostle with Timothy they ad sixty two. While Paul was imprisoned in Rome, recipients Christians in the city of Colossal modern Turkey background. A dangerous heresy was blending Jewish traditions, gnostic like mystic ideas, and accentism, diminishing Christ's role. Let me give me one sec here. Let me see if I can. When we get done with this, I'll try to look up the definition of a scentism. Okay, Christ's Keith themes Christ supremacy. Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God, the Creator, and the one in whom the fullness of God dwells Christ's efficiency. Believers have everything they need in Christ for salvation and spiritual life. Nothing needs to be added to Him. New identity in Christ. Believers are spiritually alive in Christ, raised with Him, and must live in that reality. Antadote the falsehood. Christ's fullness counters deceptive philosophies that promise greater spiritual insight through human traditions or rituals. Practice holiness, a proper view of Christ leads to transform. Leads to a transformative life, focusing on heavenly things and putting off sinful behaviors explained in sections on Christian household and behavior. So the core message of the God of this coloutions is Paul's letter serves as a doctrinal corrective and guide for Christian living, urging believers to look to Christ as the ultimate answer for all spiritual questions and needs, ensuring that they don't stray from the true gospel and empty philosophies makes sense. Let me just go ahead and print that. I'm not print that, but look up this meaning. Ascentism is a disciplined lifestyle to serve self denial and abstinence with worldly pleasures, practicing to achieve higher spiritual goals enlightenment, enlightenment or self mastery, common across many religions like Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and even in secular contest, involving practices like fasting, celibacy, poverty, and intense physical training to purify the soul and overcome desires with benefits including inner peace spiritual clarity. I just want to tell you what a sentism was, Okay, A discipline lifestyle of severe denial and absence with worldly pleasures is what it is. Absence from worldly pleasures. Okay, so let's see boom, now we're there. Let me just go over a brief introduction to Colossians one. Okay, that was an introduction for all of colautions This is an introduction for Colossians. Chapter one, specifically Colossians one, is a rich and powerful chapter of the New Testament. Penned by apostle Paul and Timothy. The chapter establishes the supremacy and centrality of Christ and the universe and the Church, Christ and the Realm and the Church. The profound revelation of Christ's role in the creation and reconciliation of all things forms the core of this chapter. Paul's heartfelt prayers, expressions of his labor to the church, and his revelation of the divine mystery of Christ further beautify the essence of this chapter. We already went over the authorship and date Paul the apostle when from prison likely Rome sixty eight D. Timothy's Presence Messages, Timothy's presence matches Acts twenty eight, sixteen through thirty one where Timothy was with Paul. Let me just go to the teaching points here.
Speaker 2: We have won six, one, nine, one, ten, and one eleven.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, without further ado, let's jump to Colossians.
Speaker 2: Wow. So we have gone from one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, eleven chapters in the New Testament, and now we're on the twelfth perfect Colossians one. Paul, this is a Colossians one. Verse one Paul an apostle of.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, by the will of God and Timothy, our brother to the saints and faithful brethren and Christ who are in Colossae, Grace to you and peace from God, our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Verse three says we give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and our love for all of the saints, because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before, in the word of the truth of the Gospel, which has come to you as it has also in the world, and bringing forth fruit as it is also among you, since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth, as you also learned from Fras dear fellow, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf, who has also declared us our love in the spirit. Okay, So let's go ahead and pause there, all right. So, oh man, So the power of the Gospel. Paul emphasizes the transformative power of the Gospel, which has come to you just as just as in the world it is bearing fruit and gl owing Colossians one, verse six. The Gospel is not only a message of salvation but also a catalyst for spiritual growth.
Speaker 2: And that's in a verse six where he says, for which has come to you as it is all the world, and is bringing forth fruit as it is among you, since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the concept of the power of the Gospel is a central theme in Christian theology and is rooted in the transformative and redemptive work.
Speaker 1: Of Jesus Christ. The Gospel or Good News is the message of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, his death, and his resurrection. This message is not merely informational, but is a enbued with a divine power that brings about spiritual transformation and eternal life. The apostle Paul articulates the power of the Gospel and Romans one, verse sixteen, stating, I am not ashamed of the Gospel because because it is the power power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the jew then to the Greek. Here Paul emphasizes the Gospel is the means by which God enacts salvation for all who believe, transcending ethnic, transcending ethic and cultural boundaries. And then in First Corinthians one eighteen, Paul further contrasts the perception of the Gospel between believers and non believers, for the message of the cross as foolishness to those who are perishing but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God. This verse highlights the dichotomy between the world's wisdom and God's power, understanding that the Gospel power is recognized and experienced by those who are being saved. There's transformative power in the Gospel. The power of the Gospel transformative, affecting both individuals' lives and communities. In Tewo Corinthians five seventeen, Paul writes, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come. This transformation is not superficial, but involves a profound change in identity and purpose as believers are made new in Christ. Also in Philippians one, verse six, Paul expresses confidence in God's ongoing work and believers being confidence of this that he who began a good work and you will continue to perfect it into the day of Christ Jesus. The Gospel initiates and sustains the believer's growth in holiness and conformity to the image of Christ. So conclusion, the power of the Gospel is a central tenet of the Christian faith, encompassing salvation, transformation, and empowerment. It is the divine means by which God reconciles humanity to himself, uniting believers in Christ and equipping them for His mission. The Gospel's power is both a present reality and a future hope, assuring believers to their ultimate victory in Christ. Okay, all right, and then in verse so we did the power of the Gospel. Verse nine, we haven't even read yet, so we kind of stayed there. So we'll have something for nine, for ten, and for eleven. Okay, So let's go over a brief description of what we just read. Colossians one three through seven means, Paul, thanks God for the Colossians, faith in Christ, love for believers in heavenly hope, all stemming from the Gospel, the word of truth they heard from Ephoris, which is bearing fruit in them and spreading worldwide, showing the true Christian transformation, and emphasizes that genuine faith produces love, points to eternal hope, and grows through the spirit, a message brought by faithful ministers like Ephoris, Epa Frost, Faith, love, and hope. Paul highlights these are the core Christian values rooted in the Gospel and pointing to an eternal future hope laid up for you in heaven. The Gospel power, the word of the Word, of the truth of the Gospel, isn't just information. It's transformative, bearing fruit, good works, and spreading even to places Paul hasn't visited the role of Ephros. Paul praises Ephros as a faithful minister of Christ who brought the Gospel to Colossi, showing the importance of gospel messengers spiritual transformation. The Colossians faith and love are evidence of God's grace working in them, producing a life pleasing to Him, filled with the spiritual understanding and good works. A call to heavenly focus. Their hope is reserved in heaven, encouraging them to live above earthly circumstances and focus on their internal inheritance. All right, perfect now, Colossians one nine through eighteen. So whatever, all right, So let's go ahead and read nine through eighteen. It says pre eminence of Christ. Nine says for this reason, we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and asked that you may be filled with knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing him, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in knowledge of God, strengthened with all might according to his glorious power, for all patients, along suffering with joy giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers in the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of His Son, of the son of his life Love, and whom we have redemption through his blood the forgiveness of sins. And in chapter fifteen or verse fifteen, it says he is the image of the invisible God, the first born over all creation. For by him all things were created that are in heaven, that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions, or principalities or powers, all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things consist. He is the head of the body the Church, who is the beginning, the first born from the dead, that in all things he may have pre eminence. So, first of all we are made in the image of God. Let us make man in our image. He's speaking of Jesus here, just letting you know. Verses fifteen through eighteen. He's speaking of Jesus. He's saying he is the image of the invisible God. So that is telling you that God, the Father is invisible and Jesus is the image of the invisible God. So we are made in God's image. So we are made in the image of Jesus, right, because he says he is the image of the invisible God. So I think that's interesting. And then it says the first born over all creation, first born David. He was not a first born, okay, but God calls him the firstborn because he puts him. You know, he's King David, right, so he's put in this higher position. That's what first born means overall creation. Right, It doesn't mean that he was born, because how is he going to be born when it says for by all things. It says for by him, speaking of Jesus, all things were created. Well, obviously that he's not talking about him being first born, okay, as if you was created in the beginning, No, he was already. He was already there. For by him all things were created that are in heaven, that are on earth, invisible says visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions, or principalities or powers, meaning all things were created that okay, For by him all things were created. He's speaking about everybody that's on earth, everything that's on earth, right, so all things that are created that are on earth visible rights that we can actually see physically that we could see, and also invisible meaning spiritual. That's why it says thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. Go back to a Feesian six. We went over it. It talks about principalities of evil in heavenly places. Okay, there's principalities, okay, so there's good principalities, and then there's bad principalities. Right, there's evil ones. That's what Paul talks about on a Feesian six versus principalities of evil and heavenly places. But this is talking about all things all right. All things were created through him and for him, very interesting, and he is before all things. In him, all things consist, okay. And he is the head of the body of the church, who was the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that all things may have pre eminence. That's such a powerful couple verses there, right, So all things were created through him, all right, So what does that mean? Well, I'm not saying that I'm one hundred percent accurate, one hundred percent correct, but the way I interpret that is kind of the same way like when you go to John one one where it says, in the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. Okay, he was the beginning. He was in the beginning with God. So now he's talking about Jesus here, he's saying that Jesus is the Word and that Jesus was in the beginning with God. And it says all things were made through him, and without him nothing was made. That was made in him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. And then later on it says that the word became flesh in John one fourteen, and the word became flesh, and what among us? And we beheld his glory. The glory is the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. So what do we have? We have Jesus. It says, the word became flesh so we know that Jesus is the word. Okay, that's why it says. You can cross references two verses together. It says that he was in the beginning with God God. All things were made through him through the word him. Now, he's not gonna call the word a him if it's not Jesus, right, why would he do that? So anyways, it says all things were made through him, and without him, nothing was made. That was made in him was life. Okay, So what do we know. We know that Jesus was there with God the Father during the creation and when you go to Genesis right now, let's go to Genesis okay, because that word beginning there in the beginning, it's the same thing in Genesis one. Okay, Now let's go to Genesis one and let's find out what's going on here. Well, we go to Genesis one and we're like, what does it say. Well, it says God said let there be light. When he says God said let there be, let there be means exist. So God is speaking the word, so he's actually using He's creating through Jesus. Okay, God the Father is creating through Jesus. For all things were created through him okay. So when it says, let there be that means exist in in the in the Hebrew. So he says, God said exist light, and there was light. God said, God said, exist firmament in the midst of the waters. Let it to by the water from the water, and it became okay. God said let the okay. When he says let the let there be or let the waters under the heavens be gathered, uh, it means okay. So this so when he says God said, let the waters under the heavens be gathered together were in place. He's not saying exist water. Do you know why because water was already there in the beginning. Okay. So it says uh. And then and then God said, let the earth bring forth grass and herb okay. So he's not saying let there be okay. And then he said, God said, let there be lights in the ferments. So when he said, God said, let there be that means exist lights in the firmament of heaven to divide the day from the night. Let them be exist for the signs and seasons for days and years. Let them be for lights for the firment of heaven. Okay. God made two great lights. Okay. So I'm just letting you guys know that when God says let there be, it means exist, and then it becomes okay. And then in verse twenty it says, then God said, let the waters abound with the But see God is not Now, God is not saying exists. God is just saying, let the waters abound with the abundant. So now he's speaking, and then it's you know, it's what he's saying. The actions are happening. It says, let the waters abound, but the abundance of living creatures okay, and let birds fly above the earth, across the face of the firmament of the heavens, across under the firmament of heavens. Right. So anyways, just want to let you guys know that. So this this is base placing Jesus there during the creation this verse. So does John one one, so does Genesis one. Okay, it's talking about let us make man in our image. Who is God talking to talking to Jesus? Right, It's very interesting. But this is the what I see, am I correct? This is my interpretation. This is what I see here. I take this verse connected to John one to one. Then I go back to Genesis one on in the beginning and see the way it's spoken and how how how the Hebrew is right. So that's that's the way I interpret it. If you have a different interpretation of that, that's you, you know, and that's what you Maybe that's what you're seeing in these verses. Maybe you see something else. I don't get mad at you. This is just what I have to teach what I see. This is what I see when I read Colossians one, verses fifteen through eighteen. Okay, so just want to let you guys know that. Now, let me just go ahead and go to some of my teaching points because now I was giving my own interpretation of what I see here, and I just want to show you guys, give me a comment on that if you guys understand or tracking what I'm saying there, because if you go to the strongest concordance. I just want to tell you, guys, this is very important. This is something that I realized because I had somebody come on my show and they were telling me, Hey, I need to talk to you about biblical cosmology. I really needed to talk to about biblical cosmology. I was like, Okay, let's talk. And what he said was that he's creating from day one to three. But he's what he was telling me. There was his own interpretation of it, but he was saying that on day He was saying on day four that he was just arranging the moon, sun and the stars, okay, which I thought was interesting. But my whole point is this, in the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. God said, okay, I kind of started looking at the at the Hebrew. So when God, when it says God said okay, that means to say to speak or to utter, all right. And then when it says, let there be, that's where it says to be, to become exist okay, exist, So it's to become, you know, it's he's saying exist. So it's really interesting. Let there be is a way to say it. God call the light that. Yeah. So let there be a firmament, yep, Let it divide the waters from the waters. Exists, okay, Let there be lights in the firmament. So that means exists lights in the firmament. Okay, let them be for lights in the firment. Okay, all right, okay, So just want to let you guys know that, all right. So it's just the way I see it. And I've been studying this for a long time, especially because I've done Trinity debates. I've done debates with people about the Trinity. I've watched several debates. I mean, I've watched a whole ton of debates on the Trinity, and I currently do believe the Trinity at this moment. There are some people that are daun against the Trinity, like totally against it. I just this is, just, like I said, what I see now. Everybody that's listening, if you have a different interpretation of this, I understand because I've listened to people go over this from a oneness perspective. I've heard people go over this from a I don't know about a Unitarian perspective. I don't know how they would view this. I know that Sean Griffin, who's one of my internet friends, you know, somebody that I'm not really friends friends with him, but I've been on a show before and I'm like cool with him. You know, I just would love to kind of have a show with him or we can kind of discuss these kind of kind of things. But he would say that Jesus was there in the beginning, but he's still a Unitarian, right, so it's interesting. So anyways, much love to everybody. Depending on how you see this, I just have to show you what I see, right, That's what I'm seeing there. So let's go ahead and check out the supremacy of Christ. I'll give you some teaching points here. Colossians one fifteen through twenty highlights the pre eminence of Christ, stating that He is the image of the invisible God, the force born overall creation. This passage affirms christ divine nature and his role in creation and reconciliation. Right. So, the supremacy of Christ is a central tenet of Christian theology, affirming that Christ Jesus holds the highest place of authority and pre eminence in all things. This doctrine is rooted in the belief that Christ is both fully divine and fully human, and it underscores his role in creation, redemption, and the ultimate reconciliation of all things to God. The supremacy of Christ is most explicitly articulated in the New Testament, particularly in the Epistle Colossians. In the Pauline Epistle, Colossians one fifteen through twenty is a foundational passes that highlights the Christ's pre eminence. The sun is the image of the invisible God, the sun like son, not s un okay. The sun is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created, things in heaven on earth, visible and invisible. Whether thrones or dominions, or rulers or authorities, all things are created through him, and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. This passage emphasizes Christ's role as an agent of creation and sustaining power over the creation, over the universe, so realm okay. Furthermore, Hebrews one three four A firms Christ's divine nature and authority. The sun is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his nature, upholding all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. So he became as far superior, became as far superior to the angels as the name he has inherited, his excellence beyond theirs. The text underscores Christ's exalted position of his unique role and the salvation of humanity. Christ's authority in kingship. The supremacy of Christ is also evident in his authority over the Church and his role as King Ephesians. His role as King Ephesians won twenty two through twenty three states, and God put everything under his feet and made him head over everything for the Church, which is his body, the fullness of Him who fills all in error, fills all in all. This passage highlights Christ's headship over the Church, affirming his leadership and governance. In Revelation, Christ is depicted as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, a title that signify his ultimate authority over all earthly and heavenly powers. Revelation nineteen sixteen Declares, Declares, and he has a name written on his robe and on his thigh, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. This imagery portrays Christ as the sovereign ruler who will ultimately triumph over all opposition. Christ's role in redemption the supremacy of Christ is intricately linked to his redemptive work. Through his death and resurrection, Christ has achieved victory over sin and death, securing salvation for all who believe. Philippians two nine through eleven describes the exaltation of Christ following his obedience unto death. Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name above all names, that is the name of Jesus. Every niece should bow in heaven and honor earth and under the earth, and every tongue. She confessed that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. This passage highlights the universal acknowledgment of Christ's lordship as a result of his sacrificial work. Christ as the fulfillment of prophecy. The supremacy of Christ is also seen in his fulfillment and Old Testament prophecies concerning the Messiah Isaiah nine six through seven prophecy in the coming of the ruler whose government and peace will have no end, a prophecy Christians believed is fulfilled in Christ, for unto him a child is born, unto us, a child is born, unto us, a son is given, and the government will be upon his shoulders, and he will be called Wonderful counselor Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace. This Messianic expectation finds its realization in the person and work of Christ, work of Jesus Christ implication for believers. The doctrine of supremacy of Christ has profound implication for believers. It calls for the acknowledgment of Christ's authority in every aspect of life, demands a response of worship. Hold on, let me just highlight that it demands a response of worship, obedience, and allegiance. Believers are encouraged to live in a manner that reflects Christ's lordship, as articulated in Colossians three, verse seventeen. And whatever you do in the word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. The exhortation underscores the comprehensive nature of Christ's supremacy in the life of a Christian. Perfect all right, So that was good there and then strength and endurance is spoken about in verse eleven. This chapter assures us that God's strength, stating being stress with all power according to his glorious might Colossians one, verse eleven. This divine strength enables us to endure trials and patience and joy. So strength and endurance are closely related concepts in the Bible. Both often symbolizing both physical and spiritual resilience. Strength refers to the power and might given by God to his people, enabling them to overcome challenges and fulfill His purposes. Endurance, on the other hand, is a capacity to withstand hardship and preserve in faith even amidst trials and tribulations. Okay, just wanted to go over that for you guys, and then guys and girls, and then let's see any other teaching points for this section. No, I think I'm good, So let me just go over a brief description of what we just read with verses nine through eighteen. One nine through eighteen emphasizes the supremacy of Christ as creator and redeemer, the believers calling to live a life worthy of Him, pleasing God, bearing fruit, growing in knowledge, and the power of God to grant endurance and joy, all culminating in Christ's role as the head of the Church, through whom believers find redemption, forgiveness, and reconciliation. Paul prays for the Colossians to be filled with spiritual knowledge as they can live fully pleasing lives rooted in Christ's cosmic power, which delivers them from darkness and establishes them in his kingdom. Here's a breakdown of the key themes Paul's prayer. He prays for the Colossans to grow in the knowledge of God's will, live lives that please Him, bear good fruit, increased in knowing God, and be strengthened with divine power for patience and endurance, giving thanks for their inheritance in God's kingdom. And then in verses thirteen through fourteen, God rescue believers from darkness and brought him into the kingdom of his beloved son, where they receive redemption, being brought back in forgiveness of sins through Christ's blood. And then in verses fifteen through seventeen, Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn overall creation, meaning he is pre eminent and the agent through whom all things heavenly, earthly, visible and invisible were created and held together. Christ as head of the Church. In verse eighteen, Christ is the firstborn from the dead, ensuring he has pre eminence in all things, and he is the head of the body the Church, the beginning, and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might be pre eminent in essence. The passage contrasts false teachings like narcissism, legalism, or mysticism with the true, glorious reality of Christ's absolute authority and sufficiency, calling believers to live out and live out their redeemed lives in deep, knowing relationship with Him, empowered by his spirit perfect. All right, let me just go ahead and read verse nineteen. Now reconciled in Christ, so Colossians one, nineteen. For it pleased the Father that in him all the fullness should dwell and buy him to reconcile all things to himself by him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of his cross. And you who once were alienated in enemies in your mind by wicked works. Yet now He has reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present your holy to present you and me and everybody holy and blameless and above reapproach in his sight everybody that's saved. That's the way we look to God. If indeed you continue in the flesh, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope in the gospel which you heard, which was priests to every creature under heaven, for which I Paul became a minister and just let you asn't all right there, I kind of added to that parton and I just said all of us. But look, it just says in the body of His flesh, through death to present you holy and blameless and above reapproaching in sight. Okay. And then it says, if you and deed continue the faith, grounded and steadfast or not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached by every creature to every creature under heaven, for which I Paul became a minister. All right. So basically what's talked about there, we'll go over a brief description of what it's talked about. Verses nineteen through twenty three means that God's fullness dwells in Jesus Christ, who threw his sacrificial death on the cross, reconciled all things heaven, earth, and humanity to himself, ending hostility and making believers holy, blameless, and presentable to God provided they remain steadfast in their faith in his powerful Gospel of reconciliation. Dad. It highlights Jesus this is the ultimate source of peace and completeness, resolving the alienation caused by sin and cause believers to preserve in the hope of this transformative message verse nineteen. All God's divine nature fullness resides permanently in Jesus, making him the complete revelation of God, countering gnostic ideas of lesser divine emanation, emanations, reconcilient reconciliation through Christ or through the Cross. Christ's blood on the Cross made peace, reconciling all things creation and humanity back to God, ending the hostilities sin created believers passed in present state and verses twenty one through twenty two. Believers were once spiritously hostile and alienated from God, but through Christ's death, they are now reconciled, made holy. And then in verse twenty three, this reconciliation is received and by continuing firmly in the hope and truth of the Gospel, not drifting away from it. Okay, now let's go ahead and read verse twenty four through twenty eight or twenty nine. Sorry, sacrificial service for Christ. I now rejoice in my sufferings for you and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ for the sake of his body, which is in the church of which I became a minister, according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. To them God will to make known, what are the riches of the glory of the mystery among gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. To this end, I also labor striving according to His working, which works in me mightily. That is the end of Colossians chapter one. Okay, so we'll go over a brief description of what we just read, and then I can go over some practical applications for the chapter. Okay. Colossians one twenty four through twenty nine explains Paul's joyful acceptance of suffering as a minister for the church, seeing his hardship as completing Christ's work by spreading the mystery of Christ, that gentiles have access to God's grace through faith, making them Christ in You the hope of glory. He labors diligently with God's power to preach, teach, and present everyone mature in Christ, striving to fulfill God's plan for the church. Key themes in Colossians one twenty four through twenty nine and verse twenty four, Paul finds joy in his affliction because they are for the sake of the church, Christ's body and enable him to share in Christ's sufferings, seeing it as a way to bring the Gospel to more people. In verse twenty five, Paul has appointed was appointed by God as a minister Stewart to fully proclaim God's word, a task he carries out with great effort. And then in verses twenty six to twenty seven, the mystery hidden for ages now revealed is that Christ is in the gentiles, offering Christ is in the gentiles, offering them the glorious hope of eternal life, not just Jews. And then in verse twenty eight, Paul's goal is to preach Christ and monishing and teaching with wisdom to present every believer complete and mature in Him. And then verse twenty nine, Paul labors in God's power. Paul's strenuous efforts and struggles in ministry are not his own, but are empowered by the mighty work of God within him. Okay, so there we go. We are done with chapter one. So we went over three chapters tonight, I think that'd be enough. Let's go over some practical applications. We have one, two, three, four, five. First one, reflect on Christ's supremacy. Regularly meditate on the supremacy of Christ in your life. Acknowledge His authority over all aspects of your existence. Number two, embrace the Gospel's power. Allow the Gospel to transform your thoughts, actions, and relationships. Share its message with others, knowing it bears fruit and grows. Number three Seek spiritual wisdom. Make it a daily practice to pray for spiritual wisdom and understanding. Ask God to reveal his will and guide your decisions. Number four Live worthly evaluate your lifestyle and choices. Strive to live a way that pleases the Lord and reflects his character. Number five. Rely on God's strength in times of difficulty. Remember that God's power is available to you. Trust in his strength to sustain and empower you. Okay, And then some additional scriptures that connect We have Philippians two, verse nine through eleven. This passage also speaks of the exaltation of Christ, affirming his lordship over all creation. You know what. It talks about having a name above every name. And then Ephesians three or sixteen through nineteen Paul prays for believers to be strengthened with power through the spirit, similar to the prayer in Colossians one, and then Romans twelve two encourages believers to be transformed by the renewing of their minds, aligning with the call for spiritual growth in Colossians one. Okay, so perfect And lessons from Colossians one, Creator of all Things, Yes, so very interesting, definitely awesome chapters. Let me go ahead and stop the screen share here. So some very powerful verses, especially in Colaussons and that the whole part right there. Classians fifteen through nineteen is one fifteen through nineteen just blows you away, you know, because it just shows you it separates, like what you would think about Jesus when you read the Gospel, you know, and then you start reading you know, when you read Matthew Mark Luke, you get this picture of Jesus. But then when you go to John you see his deity start coming out and more right, and then also when you when you read coloss since you start seeing that also Hebrews, you know that three through four was kind of the same thing where he starts bringing his divinity out. It's really interesting. So thank you guys for joining me. Really appreciate it. I'm cutting it like ten minutes short because I am exhausted right now. I'm so tired, so I am you know, I just want to make sure I go to sleep for work and I feel all right tomorrow. So I appreciate everybody for joining it in. Everybody that's going to be listening on YouTube on my show, thank you guys for listening. Everybody that's going to be listening on Spotify on my show, Thank you guys. Thank you for all the comments. Everybody that's listening on cul the Conspiracy, thank you. Really appreciate you. Let's let's keep sticking with you guys and leave some emojis and let me know what you think when I went over Colossians one fifteen through nineteen and see if you're kind of seeing the same thing or if you're seeing something different. If you are, leave a comment on Spotify so I can see what your thoughts are on what I went over right there, you know. Or I'm connecting Genesis to John to Collowtions and then to Hebrews, you know. So let me know what you guys think, please in the comment section. I am very curious to know what you guys think. I have nothing but love for all of you, and I really appreciate you. Thank you for joining me, and like I always do, I'm going to end this in prayer. So Father God, on the name of Jesus, thank you so much. I want to just pray, thank you, Lord for exposing some things to us and the Bible that just shows us like how powerful you are. Lord. We really appreciate you and thank you for clarifying things for us. Please help us to teach and also to learn the Bible to the best of our ability. Make sure that we're learning it correctly and also teaching it correctly. Lord, Please help me to teach correctly. If I'm an air anywhere, please correct me on that. And I just want to say thank you for everything, Lord, and please bless everybody that's listening. I want to pray for, you know, everyone that's in Venezuela right now. I want to pray that you Lord, if you can assist our the thoughts and the decisions of our nation right now, because we seem to be get you know, I don't know what's going on, Lord, you do, but we seem to be invading countries and doing certain things that may cause some military action from other countries. And Lord, I just want to ask that you please give extreme wisdom to anybody that's making those kind of decisions, Lord, to make sure that they are making some godly decisions here and not just militarily trying to take over countries and trying to get resources in oil or whatever's going on. Lord. You know the secrets that we don't know. So I just asked Lord that you please give wisdom to the people making these decisions that are in power or because we don't want war, as as you know, the people don't want war. We don't want people to die. We we don't want that. Lord, as Christians, you know, we do not want people to die. But you know what's right, Whatever your will is, Lord, let it be done. But thank you Lord for everything. I just want to pray for everybody that's in Palestine that's being attacked as well everybody that's in Ukraine and Russia, all these wars that are happening, Lord, just please supernaturally ah pete you know, please, if peace is your will, Lord, then let peace be done. Thank you, We love you in Jesus name. Amen. Thank you guys for listening. I pray over that kind of stuff because you know, I'm prior military and some of these people are our brothers, aunts, uncles, sisters. You know they're there, they're fam they have family, and they're end up going into these situations and I and I know how it is to be sent somewhere that where you don't know what's going on. You just land and you don't know what's helps up. Anyways, much loved everybody that's listening. Thank you. If you guys could please go to my YouTube, Josh Monday Music and Podcast and subscribe. All right, please do and watch a couple of the videos there, if you guys can. I got like three hundred and thirty four episodes, okay, so please you have enough to enjoy. So thank you, love you, thank you, Jacob, thank you, Raven, and thank you Jonathan. Much love to you as well. God bless you.