Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network. Hello there, and welcome back. What is this place? Is connected? Disconnected? It's connected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 2: Disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to feel disconnected. Break the number that has been disconnected? Hey, hey, what is up another Thursday Live for Reconnected. I am not in my normal place. I am at my sister in law's house. We'll get to that just a moment, but first, uh back for the first time in almost eight months, mister Christashu.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome myself back here. I am back for a moment. We may never know how long, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Here, hopefully at least for tonight. How's how's that interesting?
Speaker 3: Eight months?
Speaker 1: Has it really been that long? May last year? Yeah? Whoa, whoa, Yeah, it has been.
Speaker 2: It has been quite a interesting eight months since the last time I was on here. A lot of life changes, a lot of professional changes with you and I, which is more exciting for me than anything else at this point in time. Frankly, not a whole lot of podcasting. The podcasting has kind of just been here at like about a middle level, but everybody else at Weirdingway Media, where I am the co founder of the podcast network, is still busting their collective tookases, as one might say, collectively. So if you're looking for podcasting stuff that's not Ryan's, which you should because not Ryan is not the only one who makes amazing audio content.
Speaker 1: I can speak to that directly.
Speaker 2: Weirdingwaymedia dot com is where you can go to check out all the things that myself and the others on my network do together.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that is true. Glad you're here, been a long time. We will talk about more and more tonight as we go through the night. I want to share I am here in a very different environment because I'm flying to Seattle tomorrow morning and my home is like an hour drive to the airport, and I'd rather get some sleep after the show rather than driving at four o'clock in the fricking morning to get to the airport. So I am here, and yeah, I am excited. Yeah what have you been? I'm okay, I'm okay. It's been a busy week. Lots of stuff.
Speaker 2: Ryan Verel had a busy week and water is wet, folks, ever.
Speaker 1: So slightly busy you have been a part of my week with a lot of things going on, I'm curious because we've not really checked in this week about what we've been watching. What have you been checking out movie wise?
Speaker 3: What have I been checking out movie wise?
Speaker 2: So funny enough, this afternoon I actually watched something that I can guarantee most people either didn't watch. I know most people didn't even know it was happening for the most part until it was announced, and then it was like, wait, they're making a spiritual reboot sequel, reimagining meta sequel to Anaconda.
Speaker 1: Well, we were gonna talk about that release tonight, So tell us how, benaw what would you feel?
Speaker 2: What why? I could not, for the life of me, by the end of the film, ascertain as to why the film was made, because in a lot of ways, it felt like a hodgepodge, poor rejig sawing of a lot of other things. It felt kind of like Jumanji, It felt kind of like Minecraft, It felt kind of like a lot of other of those meta esequel type things, and I just I don't know it. It didn't have the charm of those other movies, and that I think, you know, for something like a Minecraft or a Jumanji. I think for me, like those movies, the chemistry, in the chemistry amongst the main cast was so much more interesting, and I think it was so much more like well thought out and I really couldn't understand other than maybe because ice Cube and Jennifer Lopez wanted to come back and cameo in an Anaconda movie and this was the only way to do it without them having to commit to being in a real Anaconda movie.
Speaker 3: I don't know it was.
Speaker 2: I would say, if you're interested in checking it out, maybe watch it. I love Steveson, I love Paul Rudd, and Jack Black is Jack Black for good and for bad?
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was weird. It just it was one of those movies where by the end of it, I was like, did chat GPT make this? Like is this a creative enough endeavor to have justified spending?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: However many millions of dollars they did, so not my favorite thing I've seen this week.
Speaker 1: I also enjoy Steve's on. I can't think is there anything he's done in the last five years?
Speaker 2: Well, he was in The Righteous Gemstones season oh three. He was really good in that. He's good in this. I always think of Strange Wilderness when I think of Steve's On and the thing with the Goblin Chark and the like.
Speaker 3: That's and I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Steve's on was really good in those Planet of the Apes movies. I believe it was the second and third one. I mean, I know he did MOCAP in the second one. He maybe did MOCAP in the third one even but Steve. I love Steve's On, so that was I mean, it was like a selling point for me that he was in it. And then it was just like, eh, I don't know, Fandy Newton is there for like again, it's just weird.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't have the chemistry that they should have, and if they had had the chemistry of a Minecraft movie, it probably could have carried the movie over the finish line. Because I think that Minecraft movie, I when I watched it, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, But that was based primarily on the chemistry of the of the four principal actors. So yeah, that was my response when I watched the Minecraft movie was I'm.
Speaker 1: So, you know, I feel like Jack Black hass chemistry with everybody, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not Jack Black's fault.
Speaker 2: I think it's just I think maybe the writing doesn't serve the four of them the best. So I don't know, I see what they were going for. I don't think it was as successful as those other films, and I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody really talked.
Speaker 2: About that Anaconda movie, like since it's been out, like it's not make any way.
Speaker 1: In our chat, my my friend Robert Hubbard says, so that's so that's what statue looks like. Yep, congratulations.
Speaker 2: Now you now all those times you've hated my voice, now you can put a voice to a face.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. Yeah that's what we that's me to you.
Speaker 1: So hopefully that's not the case. This week showed my kids a couple of movies for the first time that you'll appreciate because you and I have talked about at least one of them. No, we've talked about two of them together. Actually, I showed my kids for the first time the Blair Witch Project. Fun movie fun.
Speaker 3: Made, not the original or the remake.
Speaker 1: Oh of the original, of course, come on, had a good time. Spencer whimpered while sitting on my lap for much of the movie and then the big one that I was stoked to be able to share them. I showed them the sixth Sense. Nice, that was a good time.
Speaker 2: How did they feel about that?
Speaker 1: They neither one saw the twist coming that was important, that was a big thing. Jonah was like, we no, yeah, genuinely got them. It was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Nice Now, Yeah, I was about to say, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know who else could be taken by surprise for the twist in the sixth Sense anymore other than people who weren't alive who in the film came out.
Speaker 1: And or don't have access to free internet for most of their life so far, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, that's not a given for any of us anymore.
Speaker 1: So that is true. I also caught up again with the movie that I love and I just want to champion again because I feel like a lot of people sleep on it, and I know it got a seven Blu ray release a few years ago, but I got an episode coming up with the New World Pictures podcast and I want to highlight that. But I also want to say everybody, and I mean everybody that has not seen The Boys next Door from seven Films by Penelope Spears. Please go watch the movie. Charlie Sheen Maxwell Caulfield both doing literally some of the best work in their career as just really heinous, awful troublemakers in a movie that is scary and weird and very homophobic and super super well made. Penelope Spears has always been great. Loved that movie and I really hope people check it out that have it because it is so so good. Jesus Well, she.
Speaker 2: Has a huge range as a director. I love Penelope Spears's range as a director to go what is your Western Civilization?
Speaker 3: To The Little Rascals?
Speaker 1: I was about to say, what is your favorite Penelope Spears film?
Speaker 2: Then, well, as a child, it would have been The Little Rascals because I saw it so much. But as an adult, it's the decline of Western civilization. So and I know that that might ruffle some Wayne's world feathers, but I I'm a fall of Western civilization.
Speaker 1: Guys. I just know you love the cameos and Little Rascals specifically, I do.
Speaker 2: I mean there is a there is a cameo in that movie that I think is very telling for the person who is in it. Yeah, that's a nice way of getting it. You're the best some money can buy. How many times have you heard that.
Speaker 1: Or said that literally?
Speaker 2: We said that literally to your own children.
Speaker 1: As far as pickups, since I'm in my sister in law's house, I have nothing with me. What about you? You've been you've been purchasing anything. I know, you're a card collector, You've got all kinds of things that you're checking out. Anything you want to talk about or share.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you know, it's been in terms of things that I've picked up or things that I've watched, or things that I have been engaging in. I you know, the physical media space. You and I have talked about this a lot, like I've been getting back into it a lot more so actually since the last time we talked. I picked up Stop Making Sense in Midsomar on the A twenty four. They're not steel books, but they're those really high end Yeah, those really high end collectors editions that they were selling at Walmart, which will never because that's where I bought them, which will never not crack me up. Like I was just walking down the aisles at Walmart and seeing that and just being like, huh, that's a that's a spontaneous purchase I didn't expect to make today.
Speaker 3: Normally it's like a stick of.
Speaker 2: Gum or a red bull, not one hundred and twenty dollars worth of the you know, So I bought those in the last eight months. Yeah, I do. I do a lot of I mean, I do a lot of card collecting. I do a lot of other thing collecting. But I honestly, in the last like eighteen months, two years, I've been more just trying to downsize the stuff that I have, so I have not been loading up on things. I will say, though, if you're a fan of The Simpsons, it's nice to see that we're finally getting physical products from the show being released in some capacity. Because I look to my right and I see a talking, haunted krusty doll from the Treehouse of Horrors. I think it's like one or two, maybe even the third one. And they've made like the phone from Moe's Tavern, or they've made the Funzo doll, or they made all kinds of things. So I mean, in terms of physical things, not much.
Speaker 3: You know. I'm looking to change that this.
Speaker 2: Year though, because there's a lot of there's a lot of stuff coming out this year that I'm really excited about, and you know, getting more into the physical media space with you directly with Antenna, I think will lead to me spending probably more money on physical media just because I'm constantly being exposed to it in a substantive way. So no, that's all I've got.
Speaker 1: I did an interview for Tennant today and Billy Ray and I got asked, what is your favorite special feature that you've ever seen? And immediately my mind was like, I don't want to list fifty four of them and just it's so difficult to pick one of those things.
Speaker 3: But yes, I have an answer hit us, well I can.
Speaker 2: I say it's a collective answer, but I think the answer is technically always the same every single the sides show Bob stepping on Rake's noise is a genuine mean noise. Agree. The Simpsons for me is my meme show. It's the thing that I come back to where all the memes of my life with most of my friends come from. I was going to say, for me, the the physical like all of this physical media stuff that you and I have been doing has really been like pushing me to reassess whether or not I want to like collect more, and I think that for me, like you have always been such a positive force for me to want to collect more because I think the physical media space is so important now because of the way the streaming kind of system is becoming more and more monopolized, and it's essentially becoming once again a vertical pipe that we're all going to have to drink from.
Speaker 3: So I'm just.
Speaker 2: Glad, like I said, that I get to be exposed to more physical media stuff with you through antenna, because otherwise I really was kind of out of the physical media game, which is crazy, because I mean, I have so many DVDs in Blu rays at my parents' house and here in my basement.
Speaker 3: I just at one point I just stopped.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad that there will be a time now where the stopping is gone. So and it is hard to downsize when you want to buy other things. So you know, discs don't take up that much space, right right?
Speaker 1: Uh? One disc does not turns out as thousand does.
Speaker 3: On top of each other. How many does it take to reach the moon?
Speaker 1: Mac and Cheese is asking, well, intenda put out innovative low budget genre films too. Absolutely literally watched two today that I am meeting with the filmmaker about because I truly loved it and can't wait to see if we can make a deal on that one because it was exciting and MCA cheese. If you know of anything that I maybe have not seen, please send it in send an email to us at info at Antenna Releasing dot com, whether that is just a list of a suggestion or a link to a site or a filmmaker that you're excited about, or somebody that you want us to check out, and I can guarantee you somebody on the team will watch every single one that you put forward. Literally, we have absolutely done that so far, had a discussion on every single title, and it has been very eye opening to see what is out there not getting distribution because some of these are genuinely great and still not getting anything, which is weird.
Speaker 2: I would say pretty much everything we've seen so far has been pretty great. I mean, you know, it's yeah, and it's been at all levels of stuff. I mean, to your point, we've seen things that are theatrical and then we've seen I mean, you know, some of the stuff that I brought to the table is you know, you film festival shorts with that are claymation and stop motion animation. So we're we're really spanning the range here, because so much great content has no physical space and that's a shame because it should be able to be enjoyed everywhere and anywhere.
Speaker 1: So I agree, Yeah, I agree, And uh, you know, I've actually gotten that question a lot of what is what is the genre that Antenna's gonna be focusing on? And I really hate to answer that because it sounds like the idiot typical answer to say, well, will literally release any genre anything. It just it just has to be of quality. I I wish that we put out anything, but yeah, it's uh, it's it's it's tough because obviously there has to be a commercial quality, it has to be able to sell, but we also have to love them. I mean, we're gonna be spending so much time with them. Uh you know, Stolen Kingdom the first film that we announced. I've watched that movie so many times. I watched it twice this week literally for other things. It's one of those things that if we don't like it, we are truly going to despise the process as we put it together. So it's not something that is taken lightly. It's literally something that if we don't love it, why I wouldn't want to watch it eight times? And that's the whole point of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to make sure that what we're putting out with our name behind it is representative of Antenna. And I think that you know that's you know, for good and for bad. We are going to stick to our our guns on the things that we do and don't want. So yeah, but I think to your point, I mean for your audience, like I think, yeah, please send in any of your suggestions, because literally we don't know until we start looking what the situation for so many of these things are. So and who knows where some of these things could go. Literally, yeah, we don't anymore. Take it from us. We can't even fathom the things that have been happening anymore. Ryan and I spend a lot of phone calls with one another going can you believe this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I can't either, So you never know.
Speaker 1: And for those that have not surmised from this, Chris is playing a part in Antenna obviously is the word we is thrown around a lot. I probably should have mentioned at the beginning, But Chris is going to be doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes with us, and our team has has steadily grown the entire time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it had well and the success is you know, you and I talked on the phone about a month and a half ago and there I asked you, like, what are the what are the reach goals that we have for Antenna And all of those reach goals have happened in the last month, which is a complete nightmare in the best and worst way. Yeah, it's it's been a wild ride for the last month. And like Stan mentioned just now in the comments, we are screening Stolen Kingdom that Brain did in February in February, So if you want to interact with Antenna in a physical form and you're in the Los ange Jelis area, you know where to Goosh Bailey Crazy.
Speaker 1: The director will be there live answering questions, doing a Q and A. They're showing a couple bonus things that night. Go check it out. Brindad doing some great stuff lately, and it's a nice big venue, fits like four hundred and fifty people, I think something like that, So please go check it out. We'd love to have you recent watches anything else that you want to throw out there other than the one film.
Speaker 2: I was going to say some of the stuff I think we're going to talk about at the end when we talk about video game stuff, if that maybe gives a little bit of it away.
Speaker 3: In terms of the most recent thing I saw in theaters.
Speaker 2: I like many people finish Stranger Things. Maybe not everybody in your chat did, but I was part of the group of people that had been watching it since it came out, so and I enjoyed it for the most part the entire time, So finish the show. I like, not going to go into my complaints or issues with it, but it it was fine. It was not nearly as bad as Game of Thrones or the other comparatives it's been getting. Went and rewatched All the Righteous Gemstones, which if you've never seen that, check it out. It is now over as of last year, and it's a great show. It's on HBO Max and I'm sure you can find it other places. Also started watching Fallout. If you can't tell there's a little bit of a Walton Goggins theme here. Well, rewatched the first season of Fallout and then started on the second season of Fallout, and then after that I think I'm going to transition into a rewatch of Arrested Development of all things.
Speaker 1: Honestly, not a bad idea. It's been a while for me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Will say that when I was in college, a lot of the people I was friends with and some of them I'm still friends with, overquoted that show and it was Justified as a good option.
Speaker 1: I loved Justified, same.
Speaker 2: Same, Justified is great. I still remember that first the opening scene with the gentleman who just passed away a couple of weeks ago. Him and Timothy Olafon are in that first scene together, the guy who plays the villain in the mask. Oh yes said from pulp Fiction. I remember that opening scene of the show. Is just so well done and so well shot. But yeah, a lot of Walton Goggin's going around.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I've been.
Speaker 2: Watching more TV than movies. Watched all the Scream movies again, watched them with a friend of mine who had never seen them because her and I are going to go see Scream seven next month, which you and I are going to talk about. So just been rewatching a lot of stuff. And yeah, like I said, Arrested Development is next. So I'm excited to to rewatch that, get some of.
Speaker 1: Those Peter Green was green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, excited to see arrested Development again and and reappreciate that. So who knows.
Speaker 1: Laura has still never seen Arrested Development. And I need to figure out if it's for type of comedy or not, because God is it's so good.
Speaker 3: You'll know by the end of that first episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to be fair, like it's a pretty easy watch. And I have already told my friend lindsay, like, well, I'm not watching the fourth season.
Speaker 1: So happy birthday, Brandon, enjoy your night. Enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Squirld's not that whack.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's it's pretty whack.
Speaker 2: It's it's real whack.
Speaker 1: Why is Ryan at a seafood restaurant?
Speaker 2: It does the wood paneling? You look like you're in a long John Silvers.
Speaker 1: It's a seafood restaurant. And Satanism.
Speaker 3: Wow, Satanism and seafood brought us to this.
Speaker 1: That was amazing. I am at my sister in law's house because I'm flying on an airplane early tomorrow morning, so I needed to get close to the airport.
Speaker 2: I think now for your for your sister's either birthday or for Christmas, you should buy her a a a captain's wheel for her wall to replace behind you.
Speaker 3: But does she already have one?
Speaker 1: Maybe because it's kind of the perfect room for that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it is the wall color and everything, the waist high wood paneling, My guy Satan secred shellfish with Satan. Everybody, what have you been watching? I know you haven't had a lot of time this just.
Speaker 1: This last week was just those three that I mentioned, Blair, Witch and the Boys next Door. Those are the big ones for me. And then of course we showed the kids sixth Cents and then a whole bunch of stuff for antenna. That big thing, the big thing is so much for antenna. I'm watching countless movies this last week. There was one that I don't know it just to share some of these things, like this one movie. It started off a little rocky, and then after about ten or twelve minutes it started to get enjoyable in a way where I could see a lot of potential. But it was like, I don't want to put eighty minutes into potential, So I did watch it at one point two to five speed for a little while, and all of the potential was literally in like a ten minute scene. So I'm glad that I did that. But there's so much out there that people are sending in that it's tough to I don't know, it's tough to assess these things, and you can't just do it off the rip. It's not you know, sometimes the first ten minutes are not great and you really got into it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think it's important that we're giving these movies a fair shake, you know, because yeah, some people only Yeah I've heard about people not even watching the movies making decisions on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that certainly has happened in life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard of these things being a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I was going to say, like, you know, the outside of the antenna releasing stuff that I've been watching, which, like you said, is absorbed most of my time because I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out where Buzzy is. Frankly, where is Buzzy? Hashtag? Where is Buzzy?
Speaker 1: It's a great question, and hopefully we find out at some point. Silent Man will watch Heart Boiled in the theater, and good gosh, I wish I could see Heart Boiled in the theater right now. I wanted to get out this last weekend. Honestly, I'm still crushed. I haven't been able to see the new twenty eight years later yet. I'm really hoping to be able to go that and then our boy, you and I both really enjoy Sam Raimi. He's got a new one out this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's help, the one with Dylan O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Dylan O'Brien, somebody, I love you Baker not well. I wish more people had watched that because that episode is hilarious.
Speaker 2: But to be fair, the three people that needed to have been there were there, You, Me and Billy. It's true, It's true, Dylan O'Brien and Dylan Baker. Everybody. No way those two should have ever been confused for one another. But here I am doing the Lord's.
Speaker 1: Work, all right? Anything else, anything else for your your podcast you want to hype up coming out or recently out finished Chasing Chevy Chase.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, the Chasing Chevy Chase podcast, or the Chasing Chevy Cast as we like to call it. We actually recorded our final final episode last night, because you know, when a Chevy Chase documentary comes out the same year you're ending your Chevy Chase centric podcasts. I would say it's kind of important to talk about the only Chevy Chase documentary that there will probably ever be, So if you have not watched it, I would go check it out. I don't know if it's going to change anybody's mind about Chevy Chase. I don't think that's the point. Marina Zenanovich, she is a great filmmaker. She's a great documentarian. She did the documentary on Lance Armstrong, not the Alex Gibney one, but the one where it's just Lance in all upper case. She also did the Roman Polanski documentary. So she is the kind of film maker who can take these kinds of people to task, and she pushes back on Chevy Chase a lot, which which I'm sure most of you have seen the clip of him going you're not you're not bright enough to understand me. And that's about the level of assholary that it gets to in the documentary. I mean again, he's kind of known for being prickly and kind of he's a lot, and so I don't think the documentary does a lot to change opinions, but I think it does, at least for some people. Maybe give insight as to why he is the way that he is. And it's weird to me that the reasons that come out in the documentary as to why he is the way that he is, he never used those as an excuse, which is kind of shocking. I think he just maybe enjoys being himself a little too much. So if you've never seen it, if you have any interest in Chevy Chase, go check it out. But yeah, that's the last episode of our show, is the Chase. The Chasing Chevy podcast is going to be on the Chevy Chase documentary. We had not intended on doing it. We had intended on finishing on The Last Laugh, which was a twenty nineteen Richard Dreyfus Chevy Chase Netflix film, which felt rather apropos given the title. But we ended up doing the I'm Chevy Chase and You're Not documentary, which I mean again, was a good time. We had our friend Rod lot of panic attack or film attack. He joined us and it was great. And if Chevy Chase is the thing you're into, I would say watch the documentary and then if you want to hear some people talk about it. I don't know how many people are really engaging in conversation about it. Check out the episode when it comes out here in a couple months, probably three months.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Dylan O'Brien says, Reggie has Twinless been announced for a physical media release, not yet, and I freaking it better come out because that movie is god dang incredible. It is a movie that I've seen already twice in the last few months, and I've preached it everywhere. I mean, Craig, go and see it. And he's saying, if not, I know a label, Craig, please go get Twinless. I would work my ass off to make that release. Amazing. God, Yeah, somebody put it out. Thanks Sam, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I'm still waiting. I'm still waiting to watch it. I haven't watched yet, but I know you have. When I watch it, I'm sure I will come back to you and sing your sing your choice praises of telling me to watch it. So I'm going to watch it in the next week. I'm gonna avail myself of that. But yeah, I have heard nothing but good things, specifically from you about it.
Speaker 1: I preach about it quite a bit. That is all I've got. Don't forget after the announcements real quick. We're gonna be talking about video game adaptations after that, and save up your answers. We can talk about those then, but let's break into it. This is gonna be weird for me because I don't have my second monitor like I usually do, so I'm gonna have to go back and forth on some tabs here Chroma, Glad you made it the other chat. That's why I always try to make the comment that if you're in the portrait chat, you can come over to the landscape and join everybody else, all right. So via Vision in Australia releasing Sheena the Collection on March twenty fifth on Blu Ray and DVD. Essentially, we've got the film on Blu Ray and then the thirty five episodes of the TV show on DVD and that is it. There are some extras here, but really there's not a ton here to make this something enticing for people. It's a good looking release, though if you don't have any of these, yeah, Shina, have you ever seen anything Shina?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 3: I like the box art though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does look good.
Speaker 2: It looks it looks well made, which you know you're not a guarantee anymore.
Speaker 1: That is true, although this is from nineteen eighty four in two thousand, so yeah, next up, this is a really important announcement. So February twenty fourth, Strand Releasing is putting out Pink Narcissus from nineteen seventy one. For those that have never heard of this film, this says a young hustler escapes from the harsh realities of street life and into a series of lushy, erotic dream worlds while waiting for his next client in James Bidgood's legendary underground classic. This is a big, big title and kind of wild that it's just now getting its first HD release. But I really hope people check this out. I do wish it was somebody that was not Strand Releasing, if I could be a little selfish and honest, because Strand, while they do okay work, I feel like another label could have done much better, including Craig, who's saying we were looking into this and we were too late. Yeah, this would have been a great title for Dev Crocodile for sure.
Speaker 2: I've heard you sing the praises of this privately, and I am excited to watch it. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we got a couple things here too. By the way, there's an interview with James Bidgood that's from the BFI and then it's a four K or sorry, there is a four K restoration post screening Q and A with John Waters and Kelly mccig. But there's really not a lot on this film for the foundation of what it is. I feel like we really could have had a lot more context on this disc and that's why, like, at this point, I would love to see maybe like Radiance pick us up in the UK or I don't know, there's some other labels I could do well with it, but I feel like Radiance would absolutely crush it. Good movie though, check it out. Next up, Keno in the US is putting out Jory from nineteen seventy three with the new four K restoration. We don't have a release date on it yet, but this is the Robbie Benson starring film, and it says Jory's a fifteen year old boy who joins a horse drive after his father is killed by a drunkard. The drives leader, in a likable Cowahan, takes the boy under their wing and find that tragedy has taught him how to take care of himself better than anyone could expect. I had never even heard of this film. Have you heard of this?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: What name though?
Speaker 3: BJ Thomas?
Speaker 2: Though, like rain drops are falling on my head, BJ Thomas, I've got I believe so wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it is from nineteen seventy three. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like, I only know one BJ Thomas, and it's that one. So I'm gonna get that, all right.
Speaker 1: H Next up, we've got from Warner Archive a four film collection of Tennessee Williams films, coming on March seventeenth, all on Blu Ray. Now again, these have all been previously released, they sold well enough, and now they've come together and put this release together to essentially just be cheaper for everybody. This is an interesting release. Glad that it's coming out there. That being said, the film's here. We got cat On a Hot Tin Roof, Sweet Bird of Youth, Vady Doll, and a street car named Desire. What hurts here is this pretty much confirms that a street car name Desire will not be four K anytime soon, and that feels like that should not be the case. It is such a quintessentially huge film. I feel like somebody could be doing great with that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a I mean, I wouldn't say one of these things is not like the other, but one of these things is significance is a little bit more apparent than the other three. Uh yeah, I will say though it's special features is the room on here. I have heard that that film has the passion of Tennessee Williams, according to the director of the film.
Speaker 1: Anyways, according to one person, yes, a.
Speaker 2: M yeah, that's interesting. I'm this is shocking. This c street car name desire in there with the other three. Yeah, yeah, huh okay, uh yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: A good call. Colton cat on a hit, Hotson Roof is on Criterions Prize. They aren't gunning for those others. It's a good call. One thing I will point out, because I did make a note of this their artwork when they put this out up. You'll notice Williams spelled wrong. Okay.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, please tell me that Williams is spelled with two l's or that I just didn't realize it was one hell up to this point because.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: With the passionate of Tennessee Williams. That's what I would have expected from Tommy Wizo, frankly not or I guess Warner Archives soon to be Warner Archive owned by Netflix, So.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. So I just wanted to bring some faith back to humanity. I put this out and Warner Archives said, we saw your notes, we have fixed the artwork, and we have fixed it. And they did send me the proper artwork after this, so it is done. When you buy this, it will not only have one L. You can rest.
Speaker 2: Assured instead of having one L, it will just be a W will be replaced with a Z.
Speaker 3: S will be Tennessee zillions.
Speaker 1: So either that or Tennessee will have no double letters, will just be T E N E S E.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, now that would be That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: So but Williams would have like five bells.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good Tennessee Williams. Now it sounds like we're from the Deep South.
Speaker 1: Except you have to really put the emphasis on the E and we, so it's wee Liams Tennessee Williams. Next up, MGM already showing the fruits of that the agreement they just put out with Allons. So February tenth, they're putting out a Blu Ray DVD of Jack and Sarah from nineteen ninety six. No extras on the disc, but this is what you're going to get. There is a big deal Judy Denchian McKellen and the film together. This is a rough looking cover on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is I don't even know what to say. I mean minimal. I mean, let me put it this way. If you didn't want me to know it was a movie from the nineties, you didn't do a very good job. Because this, I mean, this looks like just like, this looks like it could have been coming out at the same time as Janine Garoffalo Uma Thurman rom Coms because it yep and yeah and yeah, Richard, what's weird is from that angle, young Richard Grant looks like Gary Oldman.
Speaker 1: Ooh, he does a little bit.
Speaker 2: It does a little bit. Yeah, it's the hair. I think it's the I think it's the hair. Yeah, never seen it. I mean looks interesting. I love Richard D. Grant talk about a long tail on his career being relevant twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it looks I.
Speaker 2: Mean the cover art looks awful and the fact that they don't have Judy Denser Ian McKellen mentioned anywhere is also very amusing. But they do have a break, so I mean, wow, nothing more nineties than that.
Speaker 1: Next up from Bizarre Theater, releasing on February twelfth, you can pick up a double feature of Firework and Do Not Disturb from twenty seventeen to twenty eighteen. These are by the filmmaker David M. Dawson. Firework is about two slackers of barking on a relaxing getaway over the Fourth of July weekend, only to find the seclusions slowly chipping away their sanity. And do not Disturb says Jordan searches for meaning while unintentionally reuniting with his old friends and old life. To me, de sound and look very unassuming. But Bizarre Theater releasing. Technically not every film, but most films are on the what is the best way to say this underground disturbing film variety, like shock films.
Speaker 3: Like the Big Experiment type stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, stuff like that. Funny enough, I showed Billy Rayseldon like that today and Antenna is considering one like that.
Speaker 2: Oh fun I mean, I'm game, I you know, look, you know, I think that the world is in much more need of like Faces of Death ten or whatever we would be at at this point.
Speaker 1: It is a bad week to mention that. You do you know they're putting on the Faces of Death remake.
Speaker 3: I do know, I do know. I saw that's the joke.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, job Okay, just making sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean, look like, shock films have been a dime a dozen for as long as people have been trying to get a rise out of each other. You know, I love a good Serbian film and salo like the next person. So it's true.
Speaker 1: Well, now that we've talked about a shock film, you want to talk about one of the biggest pieces of news from this week. We got confirmation over at my buddy Jake from steel Book Obsessed channel that Lionsgate will be releasing Kill Bill the Whole Bloody Affair on home video this year twenty twenty six. Now, the current rumor is listing an April date for that. Now, that does not mean that we know if that is pre order date or actual release date, but it sounds like before the middle of summer you will likely be able to get your hands on Kill Bill the whole bloody fair. Now, I don't remember. Did you go see this in theater just a month and a half ago or two months ago? I don't think so, right.
Speaker 2: I'm not a Tarantino guy, So this was not on my I know, I know you, I remember you and I had this conversation. It's just it's not my bag. I know that the people who went and saw it enjoyed it immensely. I did not go and see it, and kill Bill would not be the if there were to be a Tarantino film to come back to theaters for me to watch. There are like two or three of them that I did see in theaters that I would go back and rewatch.
Speaker 3: Kill Bill is not one of them. So and I will leave it at that.
Speaker 2: But I know how important this is for a large group of film going people to be able to have this version of the movie at home for them to watch, and not the kind of fan versions or all the other myriad of versions that it existed in downloadable forms for the last like ten, ten, fifteen years now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, this is, like you said, this is the big deal for lots of reasons. One of the big ones is it is a filmmaker's voice and passion for a very specific film finally being able to be realized in his complete version. And I will say, after having seen it in the theater with with my buddy KB here who's in the chat, we were shoulder to shoulder for this movie, and it is it is the way to see this film. I will say that obviously I was a fan of Kill Bill one and two the first time, but there's something special about the proper edit here and then the like the colorization of the Lucy Lou sequence and the extended anime scene which maybe is a little too long now but it's still very cool to see in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I guess I did forget that this happened last couple months. Tarantino is a real asshole everybody, It's true, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah. So there's also that, so I hashtag Paul Dano and Matt Lillard. Sorry I take their sides and all this. Yeah, actually, you know what I forgot? No, no, let me walk this all back. Tarantino should put his foot in his mouth, which he would really like so, or maybe he should put someone else's foot in his mouth, which he would like even more. And he should stop talking about other actors because have you seen Tarantino as an actor? His Australian accent is terrible.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is, I think pretty much everybody agrees. I don't think anybody agrees with his opinions on stuff. But good movie. Check it out. I'm glad it's coming out on home video. I'm glad that we waited and did not confirm that this was coming out until there was confirmation. Unlike some other people that jumped the gun and claimed it is one hundred percent happening, you had no idea this is good, This is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is good for the industry, and I will say that it's good for the industry in a way that the Snyder cut is good for the industry.
Speaker 1: This will sell like fucking hotcakes. That's the other thing. I apologize in advance. But when this comes out, I don't usually say you need to jump on something quickly. I'm not trying to fomo ever or something like that. But if you want this, you probably should get it really damn quick. When it gets fully announced up for pre order.
Speaker 2: I may buy it just so I can have it to sell it to somebody else. No, seriously, like not at like an exorbitant markup, but like if this is a thing like that, if someone in the future wouldn't have it, I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, why I have a copy of this? Would you like to buy it from me?
Speaker 2: Like, because that's a thing, right, Like, probably will be plenty of these to go around, though, I'm not going to just make five of them, you know.
Speaker 1: So that being said there the lines gate, Well, it'll be a wide release too. I'm mostly talking about if you want the special another community get limited. The highest print run they've had on that site so far, I believe is ten thousand, which that's a big number, but not a crazy number like Vinegar Syndrome sold twelve thousand plus copies of The Keep in thirty hours. This is going to sell very very well.
Speaker 2: This is going to sell a lot in a very short period of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if it does, it'll be printing money for twenty four hours. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know what, good for them because again, like you, like you said, like as much as I don't like him as a person, I can respect his choices as a filmmaker from time to time.
Speaker 3: But this is a good thing for the industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because, like you said, embracing a filmmaker's voice and passion is important. Do I like the person that it is?
Speaker 3: No, but I can.
Speaker 2: Respect the things that you know, he has brought to the industry and the directions. You know, he's allowed people to appreciate other things that they would never have gone out and watched otherwise.
Speaker 1: So nine Bolt in the chat, I'm gonna make you very unhappy right now, he says. The lines get uhgs of Kill Bill one and two look like absolute dogshit. Is this a new transfer? No, it still has that sort of waxy look. Definitely look that way in the theater. It is only going to be that exact same one again. And yes, Zepam lines Gate Limited still only ships in the US. However, they do shift to reshippers, so if you're overseas and you have a reshipping service that you use, you can purchase and get it sent there.
Speaker 2: So with the with the print that they were using, the waxiness is what what is that attributed to?
Speaker 1: It's inherent to the negative. And I believe it's only a two KDI because of the film itself, and I I I don't know. For some reason, that's the look that they it's though, yeah, yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: By the way, in case anyone's curious, Inglorious Bastards, Django, Unchained, and Hateful later the three movies I would go rewatch in theaters and Jackie Boy. I've never seen Jackie Brown.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that could be Chris's favorite.
Speaker 2: I mean, my friend Lindsey likes it a lot. I actually I think one of the first times I went over to her apartment, she was watching it and we ended up putting on something else. So I've never seen it, so I can't speak on that one. I mean, Reservoir Dogs is still for me kind of best worst entry point for him, So, you know, worst because it's my favorite, and there I felt like there was no nothing pasted it best because I like it so much.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel about Deathproof? Have you seen that one?
Speaker 3: I mean death Proof?
Speaker 2: For me the longest time, Deathproof was my favorite Tarantino thing, and it probably in a lot of ways like it is, but it's so it is a Tarantino thing, but it's so not a Tarantino thing at the same time, like it is, but it isn't death I mean death Proof.
Speaker 3: Stuntman Mike Kurt Russell.
Speaker 2: I mean, my god, I remember speaking of something like K'll bild a bloody affair. I went and saw I had the opportunity and privilege to see the Grindhouse thing when it came out, the whole hut, and I mean I remember just being so taken by it then, and man, I would you know what, I would go watch that in theaters again if they were like, we're gonna re release that with all the trailers and maybe even do some new trailers type thing, Like, man, I would show up in a heartbeat for that, because that was my shit back in the day. Like I'm not a Tarantino guy. I'm more of a Robert Rodriguez guy, admittedly, so maybe that factors into it. I know that they're kind of one a in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, about two and a half years ago, I did get a chance to go see it in the theater again, So I was really glad I got to see it.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: It literally is such a fun experience.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about one of the other top biggest news of the week. We are going to talk about another huge director, George A. Romero's Bruiser getting a four K release here in the US from Keno Lrber sometime. We don't have a release date yet. But this is a big deal because this was one of the films that famous horder and greedmaster mister Rubinstein had been holding on to This and Dono the Dead and some others, and in the US his rights for these have been tied up for a while. I'm very curious to see either how they got this away from him, or if they got him to acquiesce for much smaller money or something like that. Very very interesting situation. Have you ever seen Bruiser?
Speaker 2: I have not?
Speaker 1: Should I yes, it is underrated, and well, the biggest thing is it's under seen. Most people have never seen Bruiser. That's not an uncommon thing. It's it's George A. Ramerow. So it's something that people are gonna see the big titles overlook this one and call it a day basically, which.
Speaker 2: It's not great by the way. I don't like that, thinking like a lot of director's best movies are not the thing they're most known for.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's a good movie. Though it is, it is underrepresented, it is pretty creepy. For a lot of other directors. It is going to be something that you know, other people wish that they could make a movie like Bruiser, And it's because it's George A. Rammero. It's always gonna be held up to. Well, it's not Day of the Dead, it's not not The Living Dead.
Speaker 2: So I know some people that say it's not Creep Show that's their favorite Romero movie, looking at you, Father Malone, I guess father malone favorite His is Gone to the Dead, probably by a leaps and margins. But creep Show, I know for a lot of people's also up there, you know. I mean, fuck, Martin is up there for some people as well.
Speaker 1: Martin is great. Martin is great.
Speaker 2: That's the thing when people talk about Romero only like I only know that. Like, man, there are so many good Romero movies out there, you know. I mean, I'm even a fan of Night Writers, which I don't know, like talk about an underseen movie, talk about a weird concept ed Harris as a motorcycle jousting, true, Like what a strange concept that works?
Speaker 1: Though. So this film, for those that have never seen it, the synopsis here is, after years of being browbeaten and walked on, a man wakes one day wearing an expressionless mask fitted with the personality that enables him to take revenge. And yes, Robert is correct, it is definitely more of a social satire than a whore. Don't expect like other George A. Romero films for this to be something that is explicit lee horror, because it is not. Most of his things are not.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like Romero's stuff is, I mean to his point, like if you were to talk about Donna the Dead, Like Donna the Dead is social satire on top of being horror. So you know, did you see this?
Speaker 1: Your mom is watching live? Oh great? And my mom was watching live earlier.
Speaker 2: I know they're all watching. They're always watching.
Speaker 1: It is not about a dog, Mike, I promise, let's say, or a wrestler.
Speaker 3: If you're into Bruiser Brody directed by George.
Speaker 1: Romero, I'd watch it.
Speaker 2: I would, Yeah, I watched it. I would watch George Romero film a biopic about Doink the Clown directed by George Romero. I watch.
Speaker 1: Uh, all right, Let's go to our next one. H Zootopia two, which came out in twenty twenty five, getting a March third four K steelebook release then a standard Blu ray and a DVD release here in the States. No standard four K, as per the usual for Disney stuff. For most of the Disney stuff. At least, this will have Delbey Yemos and Albie Vision. There's gonna be some featurettes on here, things like a piece about the zoo keepers that are giving you a tour around Walt Disney Animation studios, meeting the voice actors behind the film, sketch along, uncovering references from the film, hop inside the recording booths, all these other things. Did you see z Utopia too? I have the feeling this is not when you rushed out to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not for any reason specifically. Just the first movie was fine.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: When did the first movie even come out? Like twenty fourteen, twenty fifty? It was like no, was said, it was like a long time ago. No, like it feels, I mean it. Maybe it was.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixteen, okay, way later.
Speaker 2: Two years off. I had not thought about Zootopia in ten years, and maybe it'll be another or ten before I have to think about it again.
Speaker 1: I don't know Zutopia came out before Coco.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, dude, like Zutopia has been out a long time. Uh, you know, I don't have any like remembrance is negative or positive towards the original. I just don't remember it like sparking joy within me the way some of the other speaking of Coco, like some of the other Pixar films, definitely did and have since since. See what's weird as Utopia should have been a movie I totally vibed with, But then there were movies that came out after that that I vibed with a lot more.
Speaker 1: Utopia is not Pixar.
Speaker 2: I know, I know well, But to be fair though, like it's easy to confuse them because of the Disney of it all. And that's the thing, like I guess more for me, I haven't necessarily always vibed with Disney animation as much as I have with Pixar's animation. And you know, Frozen was Disney Animation. Frozen's five true. You know there are Disney Animation has done a lot of great stuff, Mawana, Frozen, Zutopia. The first one and second one of these movies made a lot of money and people really liked them so and I know that Zutopia I think is an important movie. The message of the first one, I'm sure is pretty important. I don't know what the message of the second one is.
Speaker 1: So the message in both is animated copaganda basically, and.
Speaker 2: So instead of ice, it's mice.
Speaker 1: Well, ice actually plays a big part in the sequel. I will say that.
Speaker 2: I swear to god.
Speaker 1: There's a frozen town. Never mind, anyway, I hope here we go. Coming on March third on Blu Ray from Sony Pictures is For All Mankind Season two. Now this is sort of weird because season two is from twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: I was about to say this show has been out and over for years now.
Speaker 1: Yes there are what is there four seasons of the show or five something.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, but like there this season has been four years, five years ago.
Speaker 1: So uh, there are this season and more seasons on Blue Ray overseas. But we are finally catching up on the stage. Season two finally coming to Blue Ray. Not sure what happened and why the delay, but I've heard the show is great. Have you have you watched this?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: It's it's on my list of things to watch. It's what like alternate history.
Speaker 1: Show of something like that.
Speaker 3: In the Space Race. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it is. Is it Joel Kinneman?
Speaker 2: I think is in it?
Speaker 1: One of these that's the one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like Joel Kineman.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know, he's kind of broken away from the Sam Worthington, Jay Courtney, Charlie Hunham, all those dudes who look the same and do the same things conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Broken away from that pack. I think Suicide Squad was that moment for me. And then Kineman also has a lot of really great films in his native language, which I think he's Norwegian, Finnish or Swedish. So yeah, I want to watch. It's on my list, you know, that list of ever growing things that you and I will never tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, completely completely understand Apple plus Physical Ghetto, which is hilarious because Sony owns the rights to the home video, so it doesn't make any sense that they would wait so long.
Speaker 3: Anyways, but ted Lasso came out on physical media.
Speaker 1: And that all of the stuff that has come out from Apple is all because the production company is ruled right a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ted Lasso came out and now there's a fourth season, so that that complete addition thing that they released doesn't even hold water anymore.
Speaker 1: Not only that they released it on Blu Ray and then six months later released it on four K, and then six months after that announced a fourth season. How shitty is that?
Speaker 2: I'm just it's shocking to me, Like you knew this whole time and you did it anyways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not.
Speaker 3: Even gonna leave room in that box for it.
Speaker 1: Like okay, slave to Cinema tonight showing the vertical formatters my phone just going Waco. There are two streams. You can go back to YouTube and choose the landscape if you look in the title. One has landscape, one has portrait. Go choose the landscape one and you can join everybody else in the chat because most people are not in the vertical stream and we'd love to have you. Next up is Ella McKay from This Last Year, coming out on Blu Ray from Fox on March third. There will also be a DVD as well as far as featurettes. There is behind the scenes as the film stars, studed, cast and crew share their joy of working with James L. Brooks. There is a cast sit down with James O. Brooks as he talks about his cast and the actors. Some deleted scenes and all that stuff. I am very curious. I don't think you saw this.
Speaker 2: One, right, I didn't, But I like that there is a special feature about how much the cast loves working with the director.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a big deal for ja I know still be directing is huge.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, like I oh, I am well aware, and I acknowledge that completely. It's just very funny that that's like. And we love working with James L. Brooks.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean who doesn't Albert and Joe or James Albert Brooks and James L. Brooks.
Speaker 1: Good for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I haven't seen it, but just looking at the cast on the DVD or the Blu ray boxer, like, my lord.
Speaker 1: So this this movie is interesting. I won't say it's a great movie. I won't say it's a bad movie. It is, okay. I feel like the characters in this movie all could have been in their own movie and it could have been more interesting than this movie. This is just very bland through and through. For example, and I know you haven't seen this, but L Mka plays somebody that becomes governor of a state. They go the entire movie without naming a state. They're in the governor's office.
Speaker 2: Worked on the Simpsons man. They never said where Springfield was.
Speaker 1: While true, I like, none of it makes it. There's no flag in the governor's office. None of it is. It's such a weird situation, strange. Is it?
Speaker 2: Like is it like heightened realism? Is it like fantastical realism in some respect?
Speaker 1: Because like.
Speaker 2: Is it? Because if you're doing that, if you're doing that, I can see it being excusable. Maybe that's the word.
Speaker 1: Maybe in a way. I mean, a couple of the things you can say are heighten realism. So maybe that's what they wanted to come across. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look like the kind of thing I'm rushing out to see. But the James L. Brooks of it all is intriguing.
Speaker 1: That's why I forced myself to see it in the theater, because I mean, first of all, this cast is great, some great names here and James L. Brooks, and then it just did not work fully. Yeah, let's see going to the next one, VHS Halloween. We've spent some good time talking about VHS films. April seventh, Blu Ray DVD coming from Shutter Did you see the newest one. I have not seen this yet.
Speaker 2: I have not seen this one yet. I actually was trying to have to watch all of them, actually have them all in my possession, as it were, and I've been waiting to watch them.
Speaker 3: Love the first one.
Speaker 2: I love that the first one has had like three movies, three full ass movies come out of that movie.
Speaker 3: It was I the first or the second VHS.
Speaker 2: I think it's had like full ass movie adaptations of those short films in there. I really really really like the VHS movies and the VHS yeah format. I've heard this one's good, like actually very good.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about the rest of them? I mean, I know you like them. Is there like a certain ranking? Is there one that you think is the best? By far?
Speaker 2: The first one is still the best one for me. I think the first one has the the first one has I think for me the most. I like the framing device in the first one. I think is probably also the wrap around that they use. I think after that first one, I'm not sure. I'm such a big fan of the wrap rounds, which I think the first one kind of checks all the boxes for me. What about you?
Speaker 1: I think the first has the best segment. But I actually really like the reboot that they've done with like these last few years after the first three, I feel like the newest ones on Shutter have been very good surprisingly.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah yeah, those I have not seen as many times I think also obviously, like I've seen the first one a lot, so that maybe contributes to it as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, check it out, check it out. I need to see this one for sure. March twenty third, Vertigo over in the UK is putting out Saipan from twenty twenty five. This is Yanna Hardwicck and Steve Coogan. Look at how much Steve Coogan is channeling is ill Enter like Glenn Close here?
Speaker 2: What is what is this?
Speaker 1: This looks not soccer movie? Yeah, I think so. It says the thrilling story of the infamous confrontation between iconic Republic of the Ireland football captain Roy Keane and his national team manager Mick McCarthy during the Irish team's preparations for the two thousand and two feet of World Cup, and for Steve Coogan to be playing one of these people is wild.
Speaker 3: Well it's not an act movie, but it sure looks like one.
Speaker 1: They want you to take this very seriously.
Speaker 2: Maybe it'll be good. I love Steve Coogan.
Speaker 1: He's great. Looks a lot like glenk close to the side program.
Speaker 2: It looks yeah, I don't know, like, yeah, I'm not sure what energy we're attempting to channel.
Speaker 1: Here changing where I'm sitting. Sorry, all right, so that's.
Speaker 2: Oh did you have to slide down in the booth a little bit where you're getting uncomfortable? Are they kicking you out? I guess it is nine longer. Yeah, I'm much longer at Captain D's. Are you allowed to be there before they kick you out? Captain Peese? Isn't that the other place? That's bogg John Silver's adjacent? Like and people. I mean, look, if you go and eat seafood from a fast food restaurant.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't know, is underrated?
Speaker 2: That should be on your tombstone.
Speaker 1: It might be if I ever eat there again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say if that Ryan Beryl's last words were long John Silvers is underrated.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, it wasn't terrible. I've not had long John Silvers in god eighteen years.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just judging by whenever you've still been alive.
Speaker 1: Since What a weird sentence hashtags judging by when you've been alive since and before that you ate? Oh that gotta be good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I hope you're not making too much noise for all the people with the Long John Silvers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, funny. I think my sister in law and her partner are asleep.
Speaker 2: The kitchen's closed for the evening, is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: The kitchens closed? Yep, I'll be allowed fish sandwiches can go hard. Agreed, there was long shots? Are you guys? Chris? Probably is? I am not.
Speaker 2: I am not high. I just I just I always find it very amusing that Long John Silvers anytime it comes up is just like who eats there?
Speaker 3: When was the last time you ate there?
Speaker 2: And how many jokes can we make about it before we move on and forget that Long John Silvers exist?
Speaker 1: All of these comments.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm so good. People have been witting unknowing of the night. I know unknowingly. People have been waiting all evening to have their opinions about fast food. Seafood been made of band, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh this is great.
Speaker 2: My tip of my pirates or my Captain's cap to you, as they.
Speaker 1: Say, Steffano Longjohn Silvers is still in business support.
Speaker 2: Similarly to Mattress Warehouse, it is still in business. It may be a money laundering front though, who knows.
Speaker 1: Either way. There's always money in the Hushpuppies.
Speaker 2: There's always money in the Friday Attic. Good lord, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up, the film Ship from nineteen eighty is getting a four K and standalone Blu ray release from Keno Lober. Now, this George Kennedy film. You've maybe seen this before, but if you haven't, brand new HDR goldbi Vision Master coming on this of the theatrical cut. New commentary for the theatrical cut by Paul Krup and Jase Bachansky. New commentaries for both cuts by Alexander Heller Nicholas and Josh Nelson. And yes, I say both cuts because there is an extended cut on this film. It is not much longer. It's a couple of minutes. From what I hear, is mostly the exposition and talking. But I believe it's the first time out anywhere on HD, so that is a big deal.
Speaker 3: I love me some George Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's always great. Yeah, And this sert is iconic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never heard of this film, never seen this film, but this is now made. The list is Richard Krenna great and George Kennedy, I mean, my lord. Yeah, Ed hawkein from Naked Gun ethel That's all I say. I just love George Kennedy. So George Kennedy is such a funny like and all the other things I've seen him, and he's not funny, but in Naked Gun he plays such a funny straight man opposite Leslie Nielsen that the two of their chemistry just they're so good. That was my first introduction to George Kennedy. And I've gone on and watched other things subsequent to it, But yeah, I love George Kennedy with a passion.
Speaker 1: Well I'm glad you agree. This next one, I don't know anything about it. It is coming soon. I'm four K from Imprint in Australia The Monster from nineteen seventy five, also known as I Don't Want to Be Born. They're putting this out soon with a brand new internal four K restoration by Imprint, And this one says a woman gives birth to a baby, but this is no ordinary one. The child is seemingly possessed by the devil, a tale as old as time.
Speaker 3: So I had to say, how many of you in the chat can raise your hands?
Speaker 1: Good lord A he sounds sounds interesting.
Speaker 2: I love to god.
Speaker 3: Was that a real thing that someone just mentioned?
Speaker 1: What, George, that is a real thing.
Speaker 3: That is amazing. Whatever that is, I'm going to have to hunt that down.
Speaker 1: Uh. And Jim says he saw a death ship at the drive in when it first came out. Jim, that's amazing, that's fantastic. Robert Hubbard is asking if this is with Joan Collins, and yes, yes, it is actually pretty decent cast on this Joan Collins, Carole Monroe, Donald Pleasance, Eileen Atkins. I've not seen this, but supposedly Donald Pleasantce does like hardly anything in this movie. How do you pleasants?
Speaker 2: I love Donald Pleasance. I was gonna say, like Donald Pleasance in terms of Australian films. Uh, you know, man, Yeah, if it's too bad he doesn't do much in this. So now that right there is the comment of the night. You don't even have to but we don't have to put anything else on. That is quite possibly the greatest comment I've ever been a part of.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: The Chattanooga Choo choose what you do after you eat? Long John Silvers might need to be the next The next T shirt for Disconnected.
Speaker 2: Is uga Choo Choo in Long John Silver's font.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't get in trouble their weir font's probably not trademarked by anybody, with like.
Speaker 1: A visage of George Kennedy below it.
Speaker 2: Doing this and like a like a like a like a train conductor's hat, like one of those little like striped vertical striped hats.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: I would like to see this movie. I actually really like Ozzy uh cinema, so I uh yeah, Mike Mike White at the projection booth, and I did an entire month of ozploitation films a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed them. So this this is again also on the list. I said that a lot when I come here.
Speaker 1: I think this is British, not Assy.
Speaker 3: But I'm not just being put out by an Aussie company, right, correct?
Speaker 1: Correct? Okay, you did not just pull that out of tinner Wow movie from where April thirteenth, We're getting a four K over in the UK from Studio Canal of The Devil's Backbone from two thousand and one. This is by a little scrappy, up and coming filmmaker named Giamo del Toro. I couldn't say that without laughing. Brand new four K restoration of the film. We got a new artwork by Christiana Balachschanoi, sixty four page book of the essays, two posters of new artwork by the same artist. We got a new intro by the director here and then everything else is archival extras. Have you seen The Devil's Backbone?
Speaker 2: I was, I was, I was gonna say, whatever happened to that little upstart guy, Giermo del Toro. Yeah, this movie's fantastic. I mean his early stuff, Devil's Backbone and Kronos are they are the reason he is where he is now. And that style, style with substance that he has been a purveyor of his entire career. This is where it starts. And I mean, Devil's Backbone is amazing, Kronos is amazing. I want to say I covered Devil's Backbone on the Culture Cast some years ago, and yeah, it's an amazing, I mean amazing, like genuinely, if you've never seen it, watch it and Kronos before you watch something like Frankenstein or Shape of Water or Frankly anything else like these are his for me, these are del Toro's best films, Cronos and Devil's Backbone.
Speaker 1: I still think Pans Labyrinth is my number one, but those are. It probably goes Pans and then Devil's Backbone and then maybe Mimic.
Speaker 3: I love, I do like mimic. Mimics good.
Speaker 2: And you know, not a lot of people remember it's a del Toro movie, that first one.
Speaker 1: Anyways. Honestly, Deltur is one of those filmmakers that it makes the best sense to watch his film in chronological order.
Speaker 3: I thineah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say Del Toros directed one of my favorite comic book movies that first Hell Boys, just oh my god, like yeah. I saw an interview with Ron Perlman recently. He's like, we owe the fans a third movie. I mean, I agree. I I left the theater of that second one going I can't wait for the third one. Thirty six years old now I'm still waiting.
Speaker 1: So it is a bold choice. I'm sorry, Josh, but mimic. Mimic mimic got me early. I think it might have. I think it was the first one I saw from del Toro. Yeah, Christen de Cuche, that's a great movie too.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: I actually think with del Toro, you could go out out and say any of his movies are your favorite of his? Really, like I don't think he's really had a not great movie. I mean, even to Stefino's point, like Nightmare Alley is actually pretty good and I was surprised, like very much not what I was expecting from del Toro, but I actually enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I still haven't seen Nightmare Alley ever, and I have yet to watch Frankenstein either. I really need to watch it.
Speaker 2: Frankenstein's good, Frankenstein is good. But for me, when I watched Frankenstein, I was like, Frankensin's good, not surprising, like you know, like at this point, I'm like del Toro knows his shit, like he's he is for me, one of the most competent filmmakers working right now, and like his love of film has always come through. I remember I remember those Bravo Top fifty, like scariest movie moments and was like and del Toro was like one of the only people who could speak like at like speak about his experiences with the film, but also what the film meant to the broader like film landscape, and most other people were just yucking it up, like Rob Rigglean friends, like, you know, like that was weird because like del Toro is such a yeah, like del Toro is such a student of the game that that's why I've always loved him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not a Pacific Rim guy.
Speaker 2: That might actually be the only thing of his I'm not a fan of shock really. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the Toku stuff outside of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just can't get down with Pacific Rim for whatever. Like, and I will say I like the Kaiju stuff outside of it, but not a lot of the American Godzilla stuff. Like I'm not a huge fan of those Monster Verse things either. You know, you really want to get me dragged up a flagpole back down. Nineteen ninety nine Godzilla not that bad. Gotta go, folks.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't hate it, but I certainly don't love it.
Speaker 2: It's got its charm. It's not a Godzilla movie, but it has its charm. When are you gonna see Matthew Broderick and Hanka's area together on screen? And Harry Shearer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I certainly love people that have brand people down in other countries.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: Gratt was one of the comedians that was featured in the VH one Scariest Movies TV show, Oh Bully? W was.
Speaker 2: I? That must have been a later one, Chris, Come on, Josh, we're allowed to have opinions here. Last time I.
Speaker 1: Chacked No, not a free country. All right, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 3: Very quickly.
Speaker 2: We will be finding out that Godzilla in nineteen ninety nine not allowed to like it.
Speaker 1: The last well, I shouldn't say like this, but the last two of like the really big news of the week are the next two actually, so first up one that we've been waiting for for a long time. February twenty fourth, Synaps is releasing Tag the Assassination Game from nineteen eighty two on Blu Ray for the first time ever. This is a big deal. We got Nick Castle on this film. This is the HD worldwide video premiere in a two K restoration from the thirty five millimeters archival vault materials this is going to have a commentary with Castle and Robert Kerodine Materie by Sean Clark. It's got liner notes by Dustin Morrow. It's got a film poster reproduction card, and check this out. I have been wanting to see this for quite some time. Looks great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never heard of it. Sounds interesting though. I like everything I'm seeing on the screen. It seems like a really interesting package to provide to everybody. Yeah, that they're giving everybody more than just the movie, because some of these have been just the movie, and it's like, you know, we're gonna spend all this time and effort to do this. It'd be nice to have more than just the movie.
Speaker 1: Right. For those that have never heard of this or seen of this, it says the rules of Tag are simple. Players try to murder each other using rubber tipped toy dark gumps. If you are shot, you are killed and taken out of the game permanently until only one player remains. Unfortunately, for this year's Tag players, one sore loser is determined to win at any cost, even if it means murdering his competition for real.
Speaker 2: I do like that. On the box, it says rub out your friends.
Speaker 1: That that is the point of the tug in cheek marketing constantly on the movie channel the early eighties, says Robert Hubbard. And yes, Linda Hamilton, a young Linda Hamilton is in this one.
Speaker 3: That is not on the camera or on the poster right there.
Speaker 1: The artwork. Yeah, this is not the John ham Tag movie, which is also very good, except for the ending is very weird in that movie. Sam says, why only two K. It's because the materials aren't great. It's just archival vault materials, not the negative, not an interpositive.
Speaker 2: Sadly, what a wild concept for a movie, though, sounds interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm eager to check this one out. And then one of the biggest piles of announcements that we've had in a while, Synaps and Red Shirt has revealed some artwork and details on some of their upcoming releases. So let's talk about Fright Night two coming on four K with a new Dolby Vision Master supervised the DP. This is gonna have these three new artwork options. This was shared by Michael Felscher over on the Dead Pit Radio show. There is going to be the original art on the reverse side of one of the Raps, and this is coming this year, we don't know when, don't know exactly when, not even like the time of the year or anything like that. But later and then they revealed all of these Franken Hooker coming on four K with a brand new Dolby vision Master coming soon that we don't know an exact date yet. Prom Night four K, brand new Dolby vision Master with Dolby Atmos coming soon again, we don't know when. Angel of Heat coming on four K with red shirt pictures that is coming soon, no date yet. Then we have Hearts of Darkness, the Making of the Final Friday on Blu Ray with red shirt pictures coming soon, and then some twenty twenty six releases. Intruder coming on four K with the brand new Dolby vision Master from the original negative with special features that won't be on the German release that just came out, that is coming this year. Street Trash coming on four K this year with the new Dolbie vision Master supervised by the DP. And lastly Hunter's Blood coming with red shirt pictures on four K this year, new dolbiy vision Master. More news on that soon.
Speaker 2: Question answer original Street Trash, Yes.
Speaker 1: The original Street Trash the only good Street Trash. The new one is hot garbage.
Speaker 2: Okay, I haven't seen it, so I can't comment, but I'm just making sure because now we have to clarify so because the titles film is the same.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I hate that pattern that we find ourselves.
Speaker 2: Me too, Yeah, I was gonna say you beat me to the punch on that one.
Speaker 1: Any thoughts on any of the other films Franken Nooker Promnaie Dead Heat Hearts of Darkness.
Speaker 2: In Trance of Darkness definitely sounds like something I'd be interested to watch. In terms of it being a film documentary. Franken Hooker is Frank Kennon Lauder. Never seen Franken Hooker, but I have some very close friends that loved that movie and own the last release of it.
Speaker 1: I own multiply. Frank It's so good.
Speaker 3: Never seen it, have never seen.
Speaker 2: But same with the second, third, fourth Fright Night movies. Like the original affair amount didn't see the original until after I saw the remake, which I think you're going to agree with this. The remake A Street of the remake of Fright Night's pretty good.
Speaker 1: It is. It is very good, actually is it is quite.
Speaker 2: Good remakes that like actually exceeds what the original was doing in some capacities.
Speaker 1: Yes, although I still prefer the original, but oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I get that. But I mean, like I think the remake did some things better than the original did in terms of being scary and actually like leaning into the vampire where a vampire can be that it'll make sense and be like logical.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the Las Vegas of it all was like so smart, like that was such a fun smart thing. And Colin Farrell as a as a proper right nasty vampire is great. And yeah, the David Tennant character I think for me was my exposure to David Tennant before I saw Doctor Who even so yeah, I love that Fright Night remake.
Speaker 3: And Anton Yelchin.
Speaker 2: I know you and I are, you know, big fans of Anton Yelchin obviously rest in peace.
Speaker 1: So I also gotta say David Tennant made a lot of really great choices. I've liked him in so many things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, maybe not flicking his tongue all those times in Harry Potter, but you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, yeah, yeah, we don't look at people. We don't look at much about Harry Potter without a little bit of cringe nowadays.
Speaker 2: So well, you know what they say, We'll be able to watch more Harry Potter stuff and it not be as problematic, right, Just kidding?
Speaker 1: Moving on anyways. Next up April twenty first, we are getting a four K release from Cult Epics of Girls, a film by Just Jakin. This is from nineteen eighty and you can choose from a pink slipcover or a blue slip cover and this is going to have a four K transfer from the original negative. HDR is included on this. We got an audio commentary by Jeremy Richie. There's an audio commentary on the blu ray as well. We've got an essay called who is Just Jakin? By Jeremy Richie, the last known interview with the directors on here. We got a new interview with one of the actresses, Isabelle mccheus, some archival extras. Yeah know anything about this running you adjust Jake.
Speaker 3: In person, have never even heard of him before.
Speaker 1: That's what I planned for. Check it out. I like a lot of stuff that Cold Epex does. This is one release that I'm excited to get, that's for sure. Next up, we've got from cartoon Logic, which is going to be a line from classic flicks. They're putting out the Famous Studios Champion collection. This covers from nineteen forty three to nineteen fifty and has a bunch of her original release animation on here. We've got no mutton for nutting the henpecked rooster. Suddenly it's spring, a lamb and a jam, a whole bunch of others. There's some optional commentary by the famous Studios experts Jerry Beck, Will Friedwald, Bob Jack, Mike Casileat, Thad Komarowski and Rob Waldman too, mostly Lost in the coolor novel tunes from nineteen forty six to nineteen forty eight, and then some production artwork galleries. I adore classic cinema, so I will not classic cinema classic animation, so I will absolutely be owning this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I was going to say, just the just the cover alone is enticing. I'm a huge fan of classic animation as well, lots of fan of techs Avery Ruben Fleisher type stuff. Yeah, I'm right there with you. Next up, Oh my god, but man, talk about a transition.
Speaker 3: We all listening to your friend Billy's ame, He's cool guy.
Speaker 1: We are getting a four K and Blu Ray release of Keno Lober or Sorry from Keno Lober of The Phantom from nineteen ninety six. We get a brand new HDR Dolby Vision Master from a four K scan of the original negative approved by the director. New audio commentary by the director, moderated by Douglas Hoggsdale on the Blu Ray. We've also got all those same extras, plus a new interview with Billie z Aye. That's all just half an hour long, new interview with the composer David Newman, and trailer. How do you feel about The Phantom?
Speaker 2: The Phantom, The Shadow, the Rocketeer are all movies I adore because I feel like that's a good triple feature because they're all weird nineties a nachronistic superheroes that are from a you know, time gone past, that are these you know, pulp pulp pulp comics that no, I mean in the nineties. The people that were watching them had been exposed to them as kids.
Speaker 3: But it's like it's.
Speaker 2: Such a strange, it's such a strange thing to me that this movie exists. Same like The Shadow same like, I mean The Rocketeer similarly, I mean, I'm a huge fan of the Rocketeer, but I'm also a huge fan of The Phantom and the Shadow. Yeah, I think didn't Billy Zane do some additional special feature stuff on that Demon Night release that came out a couple of years ago. Seems like Billy Zaane is like a I think he did. I think Billy Zanne seems like he's a good arbiter of things.
Speaker 1: Thankfully, well he is. He still does a ton of cons too. He's much everywhere.
Speaker 2: He does, and he was the absolute funniest part of that Sherlock and Watson movie that came out a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: I never saw it, but that doesn't surprise me. No.
Speaker 2: I like Billy Zane in The Phantom. He's really good, and so is Treat Williams. Rest in Peace.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had a comment saying I sadly missed the recent screaming of The Fantom with Billy Zane in person that happened last year. I'd go watch The Fantom with Billy Zane and see a Q and a hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like his moment to shine the Phantom. And I'm always kind of bummed that we don't live in a universe where the Phantom was a bigger deal, like and you know, Billy Zane went.
Speaker 1: On to wel franchise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean, you know, I don't think it was that far away. You know, The Rocketeer had things made afterwards, sort of. The Shadow never did. Shadow has one of the best pinball machines ever made associated with it.
Speaker 1: You see this. My friend, my friend Stan was on the set of The Rocketeer. Jealous.
Speaker 3: I only ever got to.
Speaker 2: One of my bucket list things I did for the Culture cast was getting to interview Billy Campbell, the guy who played the Rocketeer.
Speaker 3: I got to interview him and.
Speaker 2: He had his bouncing baby boy on his lap because it was like twelve in the morning in Iceland or wherever the hell he lives, and it was one of those pinch me moments because he was a super super cool guy, super nice, great sport about things. I don't know, Like, it was one of those moments where I was like.
Speaker 3: I wish everybody I interviewed was like this, So I have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of nice things to say about the Rocketeer, and from the sounds of it, Billy Zane's a good dude.
Speaker 3: Zuelander had it right.
Speaker 1: I would agree. Yeah. Next up, just an overall reminder that this weekend is the end of voting for the Shelf Shocked Rewind Awards. The thirty first is your last time to get your votes in. The length to vote is just now put in the chat. Make sure if you click that you pull up in another screen and you can vote for the best physical media releases of twenty twenty five. Our live show is going to be on February fifteenth on Sunday Night to go over all of the winners of the Shelf Shock Rewind Awards and little reminders. Is my last time hosting since before the end of the year, I will be releasing discs myself hopefully, and that means I don't want to be able to have a conflict of interest, So check it out. Shelf Shock Rewind coming to you in just a few weeks now.
Speaker 2: As if this man isn't busy enough.
Speaker 1: More releases out of Australia. The Exorcism of Emily Rose getting a Blu ray release on March twenty fifth from Via Vision. This has all of the same extras that have been on the previous releases of this film. It's just coming out out of Australia. It's gonna have a three D lenticular hard case and some art cards with it. How did you feel about the Exorcism of Emily Rose. I feel like this is a movie you definitely saw early on.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I'd like to address the fact that term lenticular does not get used enough anymore. I do like a good lenticular. I'm sure you use it a lot on this show.
Speaker 1: Now, I was gonna say, I'd love some more lenticular cases. Let's do it. Get some more out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I Exorcism of Emily Rose. Yeah saw it.
Speaker 2: I believe I saw this in theaters because this is what five so I would have been fifteen.
Speaker 1: Uh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so yeah, saw this in theaters. I'm I'm a fan of Jennifer Carpenter. She's a you know, as a Dexter fan. That's kind of the this Exorcism of Emily Rose or this Dexter and Reck are like the you know, the big Jennifer Carpenter things. So I don't know, I actually think this is a pretty good exorcism movie.
Speaker 1: A good call from Terry. Terry says, nobody ever does movies about guys getting exorcisms.
Speaker 3: Well, Mike Flannagan's got an opportunity.
Speaker 1: He won't take it. No.
Speaker 2: I also believe that movie that Mike Flanagan is making is just called the Exorcist, so in keeping with the things that filmmakers keep doing that we don't.
Speaker 1: Like, right, uh yeah, So check out the Exorcismmenally Rose. And if you're picking that up and you go, you know what. I love the Saw movies. Pick up Saw four on four K out of Australia from Via Vision as well, coming out on the same day. Once again all the same extras. They did not get anything new for these, but the blu ray is the unrated cut. The four K is the theatrical cuts. There is no four K elements for the unrated cut, which is why we don't ever get a UHD of that one. Just a heads up. Exorcismnally Rose is a film where the trailer was on for a compilation disc Guy from a Serial Box. So I watched the trailer a lot as the kid, but I haven't seen the film. Oh man, you got to get on that.
Speaker 3: Paul, what kind of cereal were you eating.
Speaker 1: Australian pulse from Australia. That's wow. They get special things that we don't get. Hell yeah, they must Jake. You get a shout out earlier, of course, says I remember hearing good things about this Exorcism movie. It's good. It's a it's a talkie movie, that's for sure, but I still recommend it.
Speaker 3: I think Exorcist movies are one of those things where, like.
Speaker 2: The Posts Exorcist is a wild movie, the Exorcist movies like the bar was set so high it's kind of hard to ever get to that point again with so many of these. The franchise itself never got back there. Like, you know, the Exorcist is such a watershed moment for film.
Speaker 1: You know, the Exorcist three is.
Speaker 2: I love the exorcistree, but the Exorcist three is not the Exorcist.
Speaker 1: It's just not that that is true, but technically it's it's like one of the best sequels of all time.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree with you that I and I like both cuts of that movie. Even you know what's not a great sequel, softfour, that's the this is this is where Rigs gets kidnapped, right and believe. So, yeah, this is like I love the Saw movies. I did a back in the day before what three more of now come out? We did all of the original run of those Saw movies as an episode on the Culture Cast.
Speaker 3: It was like a two parter.
Speaker 2: Each side, each side or each you know, was part one, Part two was like four and a half five hours because we had interviews with people from the movies.
Speaker 3: So I've seen them all.
Speaker 2: The fourth one, I think is one of the weaker ones in a overall really strong franchise of movies. Uh, the fifth one surprisingly may be my favorite, and that's a late Saw movie.
Speaker 1: That's Saw six is one of my favorites for sure.
Speaker 2: Saw six, Okay, Saw five is one of mine. With Peter Outerbridge and he's being put it's like similar to four. I think it's actually it has more in common with four. I think five just does what four is trying to do a little bit better, you know, the capturing of someone and having them go through a bunch of different tests as opposed to you know, one person and then another person another person type. Think So, but Saw, I mean you and I, You and I. We never got a chance to do our Saw film Foundations episode, did we No.
Speaker 1: I'll blame the wife. We wanted to rewatch all of them and we just did not get to them yet. I truly love every single Saw movie. You know, Spiral doesn't count because it's not it's from the book of Saw. It's not a Saw movie. But all the other ones, even the worst of them. I saw most of them on opening night with my wife Laura. Laura loves I believe all of these and even enjoy we all. We went to Spiral in the theater too. I gotta say Saw Saw ten very good, very excited that James wan is back at the Helm and like supposedly gonna be very hands on we Saw eleven. I'm very eager to check it out.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I was gonna say, man, like you beat me too. It's Saw ten. I think might be one of the most surprising movies I've seen in a long time, not because of what it is, but because it drug a franchise back from the not the brink.
Speaker 3: Saw was in the proverbial.
Speaker 2: Film like timeout zone, kind of like Friday the Thirteenth and Nightmare on Elm Street are like Saw was in the no no zone because of the franchise kind of you know, really pissing on the goodwill of the franchise of like the fans and Saw ten Man was just so so so good Saw Yeah. So, I mean, if you haven't seen Saw ten, you don't even really need to watch any of the other Saw movies to appreciate Saw ten. Like, genuinely, I think it gives which rough it gives you enough. And frankly, you could watch Saw ten and then watch Saw if you really wanted to. Saw Ten's amazing.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, They're all great. I love the franchise. Let's keep going. Anaconda we talked about this earlier, coming on March seventeenth. In this four case steal book a standard Blu ray and a DVD from Sony. This is gonna have a Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby atmost. It will have some outtakes and bloopers, deleted extended scenes, a ride into Chaos with Jack and Paul. The cast featurette a piece on the snake charmer Tom gormickin reinventing the legend of Anaconda, and I gotta be honest, I've heard decent things. I want to see it. I check it out.
Speaker 2: Can I ask why they made Jack Black look like this on the cover?
Speaker 1: Which part they just make him look huge? That's true, it's odd. And Jack Black is not that big anymore. No, he's not.
Speaker 2: He wasn't that big in the movie. All right. If I'm not allowed to like Godzilla in nineteen ninety nine, you're not allowed to like Anaconda. But so that's the line that's been drawn here in the sand, also in all Jesus, in all caps, I mean it was fine.
Speaker 1: It's an impassioned plea.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, Jesus Christ, it's talking about another movie whose title has to be clarified once again, because now this is just called Anaconda, just like the originals called Anaconda.
Speaker 1: So Anonda twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to be fair, this this cover art is not great, like just overall the.
Speaker 1: What exactly do you mean?
Speaker 2: I scroll up to the snake is what I'm getting at?
Speaker 1: Well, that too, but great, it's an.
Speaker 2: Anaconda movie and you have one sixteenth of the posters the Anaconda really.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that, you have a little big like eight is a bore.
Speaker 2: The pig is bigger than the Anaconda is.
Speaker 1: But I mean look, the pig is the pig is in.
Speaker 2: I would say the pig is in the funny that the pig is in the funniest scene in the movie. If the movies, if the movie had sustained that scene's comedy, both physical comedy and like dialogue based comedy, that the movie would be like Minecraft in Jumanji. And I think maybe it didn't hit with me the way it should have hit with other people. And clearly, you know, friend of my show, friend of your show, Josh, or Toato Big, you know, fan of it. So I can see why, like I said, just didn't land with me the way I think it did. I think this movie will be in the long term kind of reappraised as something that people just didn't get or didn't I don't think it was advertised very well. Like I think there were a lot of things working against it that I think this movie will find its audience eventually on on physical media, as these things tend to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still need to see it, that's for sure. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you and your kids would like it.
Speaker 3: It's like a fun family movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's yeah, Josh is right, that's it's for an Anacon. It's like it's like the Anaconda movie of the It's like Batman in the Dark Knight Rises, It's like he's in it.
Speaker 1: But like you see Stevens comment, why did I give all my lost weight to see Gi Jack?
Speaker 2: It looks like someone took a tire pump to him. If I was Jack Black, I would be so upset that this is what they put out with me on it, Like Jesus dude.
Speaker 1: Like the crazy thing. He approved this, like he had to approve it.
Speaker 2: I know that's it. I know, I know it's I would be like, dude, what the hell were you thinking? Like this?
Speaker 1: And what the movie did we botch?
Speaker 2: That's the other thing. And you know again like if you've seen the movie, you know, like the movie's not this serious, like this is a this is a fun ostensibly a fun movie, Like what movie are you advertising here? Like I don't think they knew how to advertise the movie. And I think that happens when you have a meta concept that you really have to spend a little bit of time getting the audience up to kind of speed on. So I said, I think this will find its audience in the long run. So yeah, Where's Seth Rogan.
Speaker 1: He's stuck in the studio.
Speaker 2: Where's Where's Steve Zon and Thandy Newton? They're in this movie as much as Paul Rudd and Jack blackhar So.
Speaker 1: Not only that their names aren't even on the coach No I know wild part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was more surprising for me, Like, Okay.
Speaker 1: All right, h next up Eureka Just this Morning. Announced April twenty seventh over in the UK, April twenty eighth, Here in North America, a blu ray box set of adventure Carl May at CCC discovers from nineteen sixty four to sixty eight. And this has a bunch of films in this. This sounds really great. This is a bunch of defa Westerns, and I kind of really want to see these limited addition to two thousand, we've got a sixty page collector's book featuring new writing on this. There's gonna be a bunch of like introductions, there's gonna be new audio commentaries, new interviews, some archival extras. I don't know that you and I've ever talked about westerns. How do you feel about something like this?
Speaker 3: I like westerns a fair amount.
Speaker 2: I was my father is a big Louis Lamore guy, so I grew up around those. I never really read them, but he was always kind of pushing me to read them. And I know he's a huge Western guy, so I watched a lot of Western cinema growing up. I love Westerns, you know, I don't know, I just love Westerns. I love most, if not all, kinds of Western or Western adjacent things. I kind of wish it was a genre that had more of a place in this day and age, because that's a genre of film, similarly to like the swashbuckling film that just doesn't really have any sort of representation anymore in like modern cinema, and it's kind of a shame because you know, old school Westerns or old school swashbucklers are technically often technically impressive, very well made films. So I love a good Western, what about you?
Speaker 1: It depends on when and where they're from. The big thing for me is they definitely get samy over time, so I certainly have to break them apart like a box set like this would be tough for me to like binge through. But them being from Germany for the most part and from the Difa production studio I'm very curious in seeing these. I've been checking out more DIFA films lately, so it's exciting. I'm glad these are all coming out. Looks nice. But the big thing for me is April twentieth, they're releasing a four K over in the UK of Danger Diabolic, the Mario Bava film. Now, listen, I've already got to quenol over four K release, and I gotta be honest, this is one of those films that I've now bought in my life five or six times. I feel genuinely compelled to upgrade this now. It's gonna be probably the exact same presentation as the Kino. But my goodness, does the entire package and the extras look great on this And I will say the Keena Lber four K of this movie looks absolutely dynamite. Generally, I'm not very happy with the Keena Lober four K discs. This looks just beyond stupendous. If you've ever been interested in this movie, like Mario Baba, like these types of films, like these serials, the very comic book inspired movies, Danger Diabolic is a masterpiece, probably the best of them, and it looks truly stunning on four K. This is going to have a limited edition hard case with a sixty page book with new essays on the film. We've got alternative English audio track recorded in tandem with the original Italian in nineteen sixty eight, available on home video for the first time since it's laser disc release. We got a commentary Troy howert and Nathaniel Thompson commentary, Tim Lucas commentary with John Philip lah moderated by Tim Lucas. A new discussion from the origins and evolution of Diabolic from Page to Screen with Leon Hunt. New visual essay on danjer Diabolic is anti establishment pop culture by Rachel Nisbett. Some archival featurettes and yes, even the body move in music video by BC Boys. This looks like a stupendous release. Yes, have you seen it? Have you seen anything from Bava?
Speaker 2: I have seen stuff from him, but I have not seen this. I think at one point in the past when I was on your show, there was another release of this.
Speaker 1: That was that could be, that could be? Uh, And I agree, Jim, Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna have to get this at some point. It looks just wonderful and that art looks really great too.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say the art, the art is enticing in and of itself, like you know.
Speaker 1: Would you say it's reaching for you? Is all right? Next up another UK only release, Curzone putting out on March sixteenth, a four K Blu ray and even a DVD release of Alpha from last year. This is the Julia ducarneaut film from the director of Raw and Titan. This is going to be a two disc four K and Blu ray release. If you buy the four K one, We've got HGR ten on the disc. We've got interviews with Julia, a couple of the actors, a short film from Julia from twenty eleven, visual essay by Will Webb, and a theatrical trailer on it. Raw and Titan. Have you seen those?
Speaker 2: I have not Raws, the the Raws, the cannibal one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cannibalism at a veterinary school. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: I heard about it. It's on on the list, but I have not.
Speaker 1: I think you should. I think you'd really like Raw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of why it was on my list. I'm a cannibalism guy.
Speaker 1: So have you heard what Titan is? Because you might be a Titan guy after this.
Speaker 3: I have, but I wait for you to tell me so.
Speaker 1: In Titan, our main character is in a car accident very early in the film and is traumatized by it. And about fifteen minutes into the film, she suddenly fucks a car and later in the movie gives birth to a baby that is part metal.
Speaker 3: Yep, right, you could have.
Speaker 2: You could have left even less out of that and just said she fucks a car and I would have been there.
Speaker 1: Yep, you should. You should check it out. It's very good rocket soundtrack on that one too, you'd like it. Next up, Filmmasters has put out some information that we're going to cover over the next couple titles now available. This is something that just flew past me. They've got a Blu ray DVD out of the Sin of Nora Moran from nineteen thirty three. This is going to have a stunning HDU restoration from a four case scan of the thirty five millimeters camera negative. It will not have any special features on the disc, but it will have subtitles. And this is a BDR just so you are aware. Yeah, Terry says, up fucked a couple of cars. Myself just not the same way.
Speaker 2: Depending on your definition of fuck, it might be the same way.
Speaker 1: Two sche next up from them. This one's also available now. Hercules and the Captive Women from nineteen sixty one. This is available now, no extras. This is a BDR as well. I know that some people will be turned off by that, but there's no real reason anymore. BDRs are very high quality. In twenty twenty six, you'll be fine. Yeah, looks looks like a fun release. I've not heard of this one.
Speaker 3: Is it a sexy movie?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, it says. Originally released in nineteen sixty one in Italy, it is the updated US version release for audiences in sixty three. Here follow the Chronicles of Hercules with Reg Park and his Hercules film debut, action packed from the start, Hercules encounters ish Men when he must save her from a shape shifting creature, and that's just the beginning. Ishman then brings Hercules to Atlantis, where they come face to face with the evil Queen Antonay, Ishman's mother and try to prevent her dreams of world conquest. Will Hercules prevail?
Speaker 2: We just looked like it.
Speaker 1: I guess they're just trying to give you an enticing poster to get in the seed. I'm sure guess hell yeah, all right? Next up. Filmmasters have revealed some dates of some upcoming releases. The Black Raven February, Bombs Over Burma February, the rest of these March. We got The Little Princess, The Snows of Kilimanjaro, Our Town, Dancing Pirate, The North Star, and Reefer Madness. All of those are gonna have no special features, but they will be a two K or four K restoration. Generally it's gonna be a two K and they will likely mostly be BDRs. Sadly, I'm not sure why they're choosing that, but here we are. Yeah. Next up, February seventeenth, a Blu ray from Cineverse of Lesbian Space Princess. How's how's that title feel?
Speaker 3: What a pivot.
Speaker 1: From The Dancing Pirate to Lesbian Space Princess.
Speaker 2: You said the same thing twice I did.
Speaker 1: This is gonna have a director's commentary, animatic scenes, magic trick reference, video auditions, outtake clips to leave it scene and some more. This didn't get an Australian Blu ray release, and so this will be a cheaper way to check out this film if you were into it. I've heard nothing but pretty great things about this I am curious to check it out, especially because there is something in this movie called dick Zilla. Nice dick Villa.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Good to know. Moving right along from dick Zilla to the Second Twin April seventh, getting a blu ray from Keeno Obra. The Second Twin will have a new audio commentary by Simon Abrams. This is from a four K restoration by Studio Canal and that is April seventh. Yeah, oh, Lesbian Space Princess from Umbrella has the soundtrack CD nice. I didn't know that one. Next up from Keena Larber House of Cards with George Pepard. This is coming on April twenty first. This is from nineteen sixty nine, has a new commentary by Gary Garani, and this is supposedly pretty great, says witness the intrigue suspense. Find every door, every window, and every move of every player in the House of Cards. I checked this one out. Orson Wells in it as well.
Speaker 2: George Papard, who doesn't love Banichick?
Speaker 1: It's a great question, good question.
Speaker 2: Who even knows what Banichick? Is?
Speaker 1: A better question?
Speaker 2: I don't I know. I figured it as much. Next, Oh, Mike, these this is some like filmic motion and sickness. Here, I'm getting whiplash from these movies my quality.
Speaker 1: Stone Cold Action nineteen ninety one's Stone Cold coming to four K from keel Over on April twenty. First, you've got two different cover art options there. This one is wild. We've got a new scene specific commentary by the director Craig R. Baxley. That's a big deal. We also have a brand new interview with William Forsyth on this.
Speaker 2: I love this movie.
Speaker 1: Tell me why.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's Brian Bosworth. It's insanity. Like for those of you who don't know who Brian Bosworth was, he was a football player from Ou who then was essentially known for just kind of being a shithead, and so that launched him into fame and stardom of the variety of this kind. Yeah, if you don't buy this alternate cover art, what are you.
Speaker 1: Doing with yourself?
Speaker 2: Like this is the fact that they even allowed this to get made is so good. Like Jesus Christ just blowing up the capitol. This is yeah. This this, this, this alternate cover art is truly oh yeah, Brian Bosworth. Not a great actor. Good looking guy, got a good look to him, like you know, he has the you know, he's got that look. I mean, he's got a look to him. But he's just not a great actor because he's an athlete, and not every athlete is a good actor. You know, just you're.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily going to be good at everything.
Speaker 2: We talked about this the other day, like you you can't expect everybody's gonna be good at everything, that is true.
Speaker 3: Have you seen Stone Cold?
Speaker 1: Uh years ago? I barely remember it. I do have the Blu ray, so I definitely don't need the four K.
Speaker 2: But it's goot Lance Hendrickson in it.
Speaker 1: It does, it absolutely does. All right, carr on to Remo Williams, The adventure begins. This is coming on April fourteenth on four K and Blu Ray from Keno Larber New HDR Dolby Vision Master. On this one, new commentary by film journalist Brandon strusnig we all. We've also got a new interview with Patrick Kilpatrick all kinds of archival featurettes on here. There's an archival commentary as well. Remo Williams, have you seen this one?
Speaker 2: I could listen to you say Remo Williams over and over and over again. I've never seen Remo Williams The Adventure, fred Ward. Yeah, I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: You should. It's it's worth watching. It's pretty good. It is quite funny, fun movie. Yeah, not much else to say about.
Speaker 3: It looks funny, love fred Ward.
Speaker 1: The Adventure also ended Steffino.
Speaker 3: It began and with that it was over.
Speaker 1: Next up Keno releasing a DVD only on April seventh of Mister Nobody Against Putin, The Oscar nominated Best Documentary Feature, Mister Nobody Against Putin getting a DVD only release in twenty twenty six. Why are we doing this, Keno Lber.
Speaker 3: Do they not have Blu ray and four K players in Russia?
Speaker 2: Is that why?
Speaker 1: I have a feeling not many copies of this film are going to end up in Russia. Uh, not for lack of trying, maybe, but for a lack of customs.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, would you like an Operation Dumbo Drop style thing antenor releasing sponsoring a DVD drop over the country of Russia?
Speaker 1: Operation DVD Drop good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's what our yearly donation thing will be called. When we donate DVDs to the local people's operation DVD Drop.
Speaker 1: And of course we're gonna buy Keno Lber DVDs to drop them in.
Speaker 2: It is wild that they're releasing a What in your mind, as the physical media guy, why are they releasing a DVD in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six because they're cheap? Because they think that documentaries won't sell well, that's probably one of the one of the reasons, which is an odd choice considering documentaries do pretty well. Yeah, anyways, next up, Keena Larib also releasing a Blu ray, not a DVD only of this one March twenty fourth Blu ray of House Calls from nineteen seventy selling Walter Mathow, Glenna Jackson, R. Carney, and Richard Benjamin. New audio commentary on this by Brian Reesman and Max every I love me some, Walter Mathow same.
Speaker 2: I'm more of a Jack Lemon guy, but that's because he was in Glengarry Glenn Ross.
Speaker 3: But I love Walter Mathow and Jack.
Speaker 1: Lemon understandable and mister a fat man not an insult. That's the YouTube name says. DVD still outsell Blu ray and this is a very niche title. While technically DVD's outsell Blu rays, that is most because they're selling DVDs only at places like Walmart, where people walk through and go, oh, they made that movie, we should buy it on DVD. The people that are buying stuff from Keena Laarber I primarily only buying Blu ray. I absolutely think they could have done that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Matth Own Jackson have totally wonderful chemistry like they did in Hopscotch. I will watch anything well with Walter math Out in it.
Speaker 2: I think, well, I was gonna say, there's that like Pirate movie with Walter Mathow that's not great, So maybe don't watch that one.
Speaker 1: I think you mean, don't watch that one again? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Valid?
Speaker 1: Uh Next up more Keena Larber April twenty eighth, A Blu ray of Nightlife coming on Blu Ray. I already said that from nineteen eighty nine, this isn't made for TV movie. We get a brand new HD master from a two K scan of the interpositive new audio commentary by Amandarees of course, new audio commentary by David del Val and Peter Sawyer. Anything made for TV and mandarea should be on And this looks like really solid release.
Speaker 2: Amanda Rea is she is, she is that she is the pre eminent expert on TV TV films.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: Had we had her on the Colchak uh Colchak tapes a very long time ago to talk about Colechak and that was my first introduction to her, and she is. Yeah, She's fantastic and so so amazingly knowledgeable and just, I don't know, one of the one of the I mean, one of the best people in terms of keeping the TV film conversation alive, which is not easy. I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also Mariam Diabo Bond Girl, everybody not Bond Girl, the more memorable ones unfortunately, but I wonder why, well, Living Daylights wasn't everybody's you know, wasn't everybody's bag. I get it, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. Uh. Next up the last Keno lber And asked of a very last few minutes for US April twenty eighth, Blu Ray, coming of a wonderfully title film, The Man who Reclaimed His Head from nineteen thirty four, which I mean it makes sense it was his so yeah, starring Claude Rains Joan Bennett. Also in this one, we got a new audio commentary by David Delvell. Another new audio commentary by Troy Howarth. I'm very curious to see this one nineteen thirty four. This looks good.
Speaker 2: I mean I like the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah looks good. Absolutely good. Poster two. Only a few more left for this week. Next up, the next wave. The next wave is Criterion coming out in the UK. I'm glad that they're getting these. It sucks that they can't get all of them, so I feel bad for everybody that won't get all of them. Yeah, these look good. We've got The Blade coming, We've got Trouble at Paradise coming, and we've got Gilda coming. The Blade is April thirteenth, Trouble in Paradise April twentieth, Guilda April twenty seventh. Have you seen any of those three, sir?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: Uh. I am needing to pick up all three of these. Very very curious to check us out when they get the US release first before they go to the UK. Yeah, looks good. Next up, Death Stalker is coming to Blu Ray on February seventeenth from Raven Banner in Canada. This is the Brandy twenty twenty five Death Stoker. Have we talked about Stephen Kostanski before? I feel like we have.
Speaker 2: Psycho Gorman, right, Psycho Gorman and The Void. Yeah, love Psycho Gorman, Love The Void. I want to say I did an episode on The Void on the Culture Cast a couple of years ago and got to talk to at least one of the actors that was in it.
Speaker 1: So do you still have a contact with that person? I might, We might need to talk about that. Because The Void does not have an active Blu ray release at the moment, I need to get in contact with him.
Speaker 2: I love The Void, that movie is I do too. Psycho Gorman. I mean, Psycho Gorman is also a lot of fun. They're just two very different kinds of fun.
Speaker 1: I would say, yes, yes, not only two kinds of fun, but too. I don't know, it's kind of wild that they came from the same group. Absolutely love both movies. Psycho Gorman is a blast, but The Void I don't know for what it was. It is special that they were able to make it, especially being a crowd fun movie. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually interviewed Aaron Pooley from The Void, nice the main actor. Yeah, Yeah, The Void is amazing, and it is wild to me that The Void and Psycho Gorman are the same people, because yeah, the tones of those movies are so discordant with one another. So I have not seen this movie. Though this movie looks more Psycho Gorman than anything else.
Speaker 1: Maybe it does. I've been dying to see this. I know josh ur Toato is a big defender of this one. I had wanted to see this, However, I don't think played in theaters near here last year, which made me very sad because this was this was playing when I was going to theaters, and so the fact that I don't think they played AMC's was the big thing. I am very, very curious to see what the future of this film is for the people, but I need to see it. I like the original Desktoker. I think it's a fun movie, and this is supposedly pretty great. All the extras on here look really good. We got a slip cover, we got a Blu ray CD combo pack, twenty page vind the scenes photo booklet. I think all of the extras on here are from the other releases of the film that have been announced previously. But if you're in Canada, this seems to be a good option. Glad they're doing this good movie. Check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have not seen enough of Astron six's stuff, Manborg is also I mean Manborg is completely out of its mind. But I will mention I think for me, the Astron six thing that I really like is the editor. The editor. The editor is out of control. I mean, all of Astron six's stuff is very interesting and different and fun, and yeah, I would I would check out. If you're a fan of any of these movies, go check out all of their movies because they all have something worth checking out. I would say even go as far as the Leprechaun Returns movie is not nearly as much of a kind of disastrous the Leprechaun movie that came before it, the one that had Hornswaggle from the WWE in it.
Speaker 1: So do I think this will get a four K asked Scott. No, absolutely not. I think if it was going to get one, it already would have gotten a long time ago. The reality is it probably will not sell very well, and that's one of the main reasons why they're not choosing to put it on four K. Four K is so expensive. It's just it's just not worth it if you're not going to sell thousands and thousands and thousands of copies generally, that's the hard part.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, maybe the next Kuma te will sell well because you know, possibly isn't Daniel Bernhard that's the lead in this movie, right, the next.
Speaker 1: Thing it is? Yeah, yep, all right. Two more from Raven Banner in Canada. One is The Autopsy of Jane Doe. This is now available with this brand new limited edition slipcover from Raven Banner. All the extras of the same or as their previous release. The only thing that's different is this new fancy artwork limited to five hundred I think on the slipcover. Maybe maybe that's just the next one. I'm not sure, but the next one definitely is limited. I like the art on this one. The art on the previous release of this film was very not safe for work, and uh it was good. But this art is good and my kids could see it, so yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: And the last one I was gonna say, by the way, this movie is amazing. Yeah, this Orridal is an amazing director. The Last Voyage of the Demeter a pretty fun movie. I don't know if you saw it, but I actually enjoyed that. It's it's essentially alien on a boat. But you know, okay, nothing wrong with that. Where's its you know, it's kind of where where's its influences on its sleeve? As someone who's plays a gamer in a lot of ways, Bendy and the Ink Machine is a film that he is in charge of, so I actually, yeah, I'm I'm And troll Hunter is a movie that, Oh my god, when I saw that, I thought that that was just I mean, troll Hunter is is yeah, troll Hunter. I mean for someone who is a found footage guy, as I know you are, troll Hunter is in that conversation of amazing found footage movies, some of the best, and so.
Speaker 1: Especially for the price that they paid for that film.
Speaker 2: God, and he wrote and directed that movie. That's the thing that always like like like makes me just like so impressed by him as a director and a writer, is that he wrote and directed that movie too. Like that movie's stunning and scary stories to tell in the dark. Not terrible, I mean, it's I think the premise of the movie was weird and I don't know how well it like landed, And I know that they also kind of trafficked in the Germo del Toro of it all because I think he produced that movie, if memory serves, or he did the story or something to that effect. So but I love over Adall as a director, and God, The Autopsy of Jane Doe is a great movie.
Speaker 1: It is great, truly great. Yeah, all right, last one for the week, also from Raven Banner. They are doing Curbo Kid with this brand new, amazing limited edition slip cover that is a wild piece of cover.
Speaker 3: Earp my lord.
Speaker 1: This one limited to only five hundred. And this one's kind of interesting because, yes, we've had many releases of this film, but I believe the blu rays getting kind of hard to find if I remember right, So this might be the cheapest way to pick up this movie. Right now. Everybody should own Turbo Kid. You have you seen Turbo Kid? I have not, Dude, this is very much a Chris movie. You would like this, Yeah, I think it's been.
Speaker 2: It's been on my Plex server forever now. Literally, I have scrolled past it plenty of times, so I know that it's it's definitely it looks like my kind of thing. I mean, you know, just like astron six is stuff like sometimes I can just look at something and go, this is gonna be my kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So yep, yep, I think you would love it. Good movie. Check it out if you are into it. But since that was the last announcement, let's talk about what's coming out next week on Tuesday. In case you forgot, We've got Friday the Thirteenth Part two, four K three ten to UMA four K. That's the original coming from Criterion, Osgoode Perkins Keeper coming on four K. The wide release of Severn's exer Seismobox that that was mentioned in the chat earlier is coming next week. Ma and Pa Kettle the Complete Comedy Course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, Yes, I'm gonna ask if you mod paw Kettle. Bro. I don't remember what it was, but as a child, I watched something on VHS that had an advertisement for mon Pot Kettle on VHS and I always wanted to know what in God's name mon pot Kettle was. And I never took it upon myself as oh, oh wow, but mon pot Kettle. Folks, if you're a fan, it's coming your way. Ten years of mon pot Kettle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Friday the Thirteenth, Part two looks incredible on four K, says Josh. I agree, Terry. Terry's asking. Is Belania getting a four K release? Probably not. I will say, did you and I talk about the Letterbox Shenanigans this week? Me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: So you know, you know about this Malania documentary that Amazon made right it's going to thes right now.
Speaker 2: Life. She's a great woman. Yes, I know all about Donald Trump's wife's documentary. Unfortunate.
Speaker 1: So somebody yesterday went into TMDb, which is where Letterbox gets all of their information for films from, and changed out the poster to a graffiti poster. And so for a good few hours last night, the Letterbox viewing of Milania had a picture that said Donald Trump, Fox kids on it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, first off, yes, and secondly that's funny. So wow. I mean, you know what, kudos to someone for doing social activism for even a couple hours on a website so many of us use all the time.
Speaker 3: It wasn't one of us, though.
Speaker 1: No, it was not wild that it happened, and it was wild all right. Carrying on with what's coming out next week, We've got the High Low Country from Keno Larber. Last Foxtrotten Burbank coming from Full Moon. Uh, Chris, have you heard a last fox Trotten Burbank? I have not written by one John Carpenter.
Speaker 3: I know that name.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like Chevy Chase, ten Rillington Place coming from this.
Speaker 3: We've seen ten Rlington Place.
Speaker 1: Uh, I believe I half watched it. I don't think I've finished it.
Speaker 2: It's really good. Richard Attenborough in that movie is amazing. I know most people know him, I mean like most you know, filmgoers who have only seen you know, like popular things know him as John Hammond from Jurassic Park. But he is so good at ten Rlington Place, Like if you've never seen him in anything else and you want to see him as a total creep, Ten Rillington Place is definitely a place to start for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Keino or not Quino sorry. Full Moon's Noir collection is coming out next week. We've got Garden of Love from OnEarth Films, a couple stand Editions from Anto Macabre, and then if you want, the Fifty Shades movies coming together on four K in a three film box set for the first time ever. My big thing for next week is the extra Sizmo box set. I cannot wait to get that in.
Speaker 2: Yes, Friday thirteenth from the one that's down there, that's Friday in thirteen from two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is the standard edition coming from Aero Video Oka. They had released that previously on four K. Now it's just the standard coming.
Speaker 2: So that's the remake and is the remake with the Jason that runs?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 2: How do you feel We've never talked about that movie. How do you feel about that movie?
Speaker 1: I really like the remake of Friday the thirteenth. I think it is a very well made remake.
Speaker 2: I agree it it. It does a better job of being a remake than that Nightmare on Elm Street movie does, which came out what like the year early, year after year later. Yeah, Well, because that Nightmare movie had so many good actors in it too, just like just like the Friday one did well.
Speaker 1: And I don't think Jackie Early hate Jackie Earl Haley was bad in the remake. No, the writing though was atrocious.
Speaker 2: Well, I go back to the one thing in that remake they should have done, which is there's that moment where they're at the school and it's like and behind this is where he would take us, and it's like that moment should have been reveal.
Speaker 3: There's nothing there.
Speaker 2: They killed an innocent man, and that makes this so much more interesting as a story and said it was like, and there is the sexual assault cave where he was doing all that, and it's just like the original, except they actually lean into the reality of it as opposed to avoiding it due to the things at the time, like they had an opportunity to do something different. The thing that I like about that Friday the Thirteenth movie is it is a different kind of Friday the Thirteenth movie, just like all across the board. It's such a strange Friday of the Thirteenth movie instead of just being a direct reboot of the franchise.
Speaker 1: So it's true. Yeah, I really like that. I really wanted them to have more in that universe. I would have loved to have them continue with it.
Speaker 2: I mean they ended the tam movie on a cliffhanger, so right. Yeah, and yeah, I would agree with with Jim, like the remake is better than a lot of those like sequels. You know, some of those Friday sequels are.
Speaker 3: Not great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I don't know. I'm not taking the time to like properly rank the big of the like the slasher franchises anytime recently, because my thoughts on those change a lot. But I don't think Friday the thirteenth has ever even been like top one or two for me ever.
Speaker 2: No, same.
Speaker 3: I think for me.
Speaker 2: It's still probably Nightmare and probably Nightmare and Scream like one and two really, like if you even want to put those in the ability to rank them in the same thing, because I'm not sure they are. Like I watch Scream, I just think, oh, this is just like a murder mystery every time I watch it. Now, Like this isn't even a horror movie anymore, Like it's you know, which is fine, but like the things you're talking about, Yeah, Friday is nowhere near the top for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking more of like the classic eighties and seventies and eighties once Halloween.
Speaker 3: Careful, don't say nineties.
Speaker 1: No, well I was. You got to say seventies and eighties because Halloween started in the seventies. So that's the big thing, is Halloween. It's probably Halloween Nightmary and Elm Street, Friday the thirteenth, and then maybe Texas chainsaw'm Masker or or hell Raiser one of those two, although hell Raiser isn't really a slasher.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think hell Raiser's in there.
Speaker 2: I think for me it would be Nightmare, hell Raiser, Texas, Chainsaw, Halloween, Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 1: I don't think hell Raiser could be in my top three because of how bad those movies get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the first two, the first one is first one is amazing. That's the the first one is so good. I understand that there's all those other subsequent sequels that stink, but that first movie is just a banger of a movie, and it's I love the first three. Yeah, oh no, I'm with you, like but I mean, I'm willing to say the first three just like you are. But I know a lot of people have a lot of problems with the second one, and the third one is where a lot of people check out. I love how wild the third one isn't any film that allows you to have a Motorhead song called hell Raiser in it is just going to be perfect for me.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm with you. Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 2: There's not a franchise that I gravitate towards as a horror fan, so that might be sacrilege, but you know someone else is going to put Halloween lower or Nightmare lower, and I might have similar feelings about that, So I get it. We resonate with some of these characters and franchises more strongly than others. So no answer is incorrect, unless, of course, yeah, I don't know there's nothing, because I don't think there's any incorrect answer.
Speaker 3: Everything is someone's favorite.
Speaker 1: Look at this branding. All right, let's talk about video game adaptations overall. How do you feel about video game adaptations? Why is this an interesting topic for you?
Speaker 2: I think that the public sentiment on video game adaptations is kind of I wouldn't say changed as of recent, but I think it's definitely had a weird wrench thrown into it because in the last let's say five years, let's call it since Detective Pikachu or depending on your frame of reference, Sonic the Hedgehog, video game movies have had a weird resurgence and a weird kind of reappraisal. I mean, look, there is a movie that we'll talk about that I think everybody drags, and I don't think is worth dragging anymore, given the other things you could be dragging if you really want to drag uncreative, lazy things. But I think video game movies get a bad rap. I think some of it's well deserved. You know, that new Silent Hill movie that came out doesn't sound like it's doing any favors to change the narrative of video game adaptations being worthwhile. But there are plenty of movies in the last five years that have done that, and I think that there are ones before that as well that you could and we will talk about as examples of good adaptations before.
Speaker 3: The golden age of video game adaptations is kind of.
Speaker 2: Upon us now, and it's really TV where video games are being well adapted.
Speaker 1: Like okay, so long.
Speaker 2: Form formatting of it, I think is a little bit more beneficial to video games, especially more broad, expansive world building video games like Last of Us.
Speaker 1: I absolutely was going to mention this because my list was very difficult to even make a favorite five. I came up with four, and I was like, well, I remember like in the first one for the most part, less so that it is number five.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm in combat as your number five.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, I mean just the way you said it. I mean, there's like very little other things that that could even be in reference to.
Speaker 1: It's actually not mortal combat. That's the funny part. Wow shocking, But yeah, TV is where a lot of these are like actually turning in prestige. I hate to use the word content, but like that's where a lot of it is coming in. Is when you're giving time to something like Fallout and you're giving you know, Pedro Pascal the ability to be something that people fall in love with for two seasons so far, it's it's gonna be better than a lot of this stuff. I don't know. I think that it is tough because video like video games, for the most part, it's an art form. It's a deep, long running art form of people that have gone through these like these journeys. That's literally the whole point. And so making a movie it's hard because a ninety hour video game that has all of these ups and downs and characters that you meet along the way. Condensing that all into even you know, two and a half hours, which is a fairly long movie, is not simple to do.
Speaker 2: Just peer no no, And you know, as someone who has played video games mostly is entire life and loves I mean loves video games. When you and I are done, I'll probably decompresse by playing something for an hour.
Speaker 3: You know. Sometimes that's just the way I am.
Speaker 2: Like, that's something I need, is that decompression point to do something fun, and that for me. I like working out a lot, I like being active a lot. But I also like sitting with my friends in gaming because that's a thing that we can still do as a group of friends, even though we're all in disparate parts of the country. So I still game a lot. And I, you know, as someone who games a lot, like want want the things that I love to be respected the way film is respected by people that come to film. But to your point, a lot of the video game adaptations have been done in bad faith because they just see them as an opportunity to cash in on an ip. They don't actually care about making something true to the franchise or doing something that the fans will like along with new people like these are not things that they're really going out of their way to do. You know, Resident Evil Raccoon City, Yeah, not great. Like there's a lot of really bad things out there. You know, Zach is directing a Resident Evil movie. I would not trust anyone other than him at this point to do a movie like that. Genuinely. If you love the franchise and you want to do something with it, you're the person for the job as far as I'm concerned. But I think to your point, video games are in art form that deserve to be experienced on their own, Like watching a movie or TV show based on Fallout or Last of Us really robs the medium of its impact because being able to play as those characters and connect with the characters directly, or be the characters sometimes even is something that is part of the experience of playing video games, and experiencing its secondhand just does not feel the same and it never was.
Speaker 1: Right. So I'm curious if you could see three video games turned into movies that you love. What three are you on in green Light tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I would love to actually see a great Assassin's Creed video game film, like and just don't base it on any of the video games. Do your own goddamn thing. Maybe don't even have it be obvious that's an Assassin's Creed thing until towards the end, and then tie it into it, like do something that's not what they did already.
Speaker 3: Here's the crazy part.
Speaker 2: I actually like that Assassin's Creed movie. It's a wild movie, Like I don't really know what they were thinking. That's such a weird video game adaptation. And I'm a huge Fastbender guy, so that that was an easy layup for me. I think if you were to ask me that question about things that haven't been adapted, because I think for me, like, there are a lot of things where I'm like, I would love to see this person do this a different way, or someone do X, Y and Z a different way. I think for me, the things that I would like to see being turned into into movies are things that, like it would be so weird for it to be a movie, but I would want someone to do something really interesting with it, like they're you know, you know, like there there's a there's there's a game that I play called Deep Rockelactic and it's a game about dwarfs that are mining on like other planets in their mining resources. Like that would be a cool thing. Like that would be a cool cartoon or an animated movie. Battle Toads would be such an awesome like cartoon or t like TV show and like the video game that came out a couple of years ago really leaned into the stylized animation of it all and made it almost like a interactive cartoon in a lot of ways. I mean Cuphead was that same way as a video game, Like it felt like one of those old school cartoons turned into a video game. So I don't know, like I said, man, like, there's a lot my brain goes a lot of directions. But I think for me, like I would like to have people adapting things that aren't imminently obvious how you would adapt them like I would. I think it would be fucking wild to see a Rocket League movie, like a genuine, honest to god Rocket League added where you can get invested in a fake sport in the film the way people get invested in real sports and real life. Like, I think that would be wild, like because that's again like for me, I want to see someone do something creative with it, because it's clear to me just taking these things and doing them. Certain franchises can benefit from that, but other franchises, they don't work if you just straight adapt them.
Speaker 3: Right what about how I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I understand that I never would have thought you'd say Rocket League. That's a fun idea, and now I kind of want to see that, Like.
Speaker 2: Right, it's me so wild, like I from the market type of movie. Yeah, Like, I don't know why someone has like why that wasn't a thing that people weren't clamoring for when that became kind of a mild cultural touchstone for a couple of years Rocket League, Like, I don't know why. I would also really love to see a Team Fortress two movie just based on the amount of like unique characters that are in that video game, because every class in that is a very unique, distinctive character, and if you had like an actual cast around that, you could do some really wild stuff with it. So those are the answers for me. I know those are very weird and like specific, But at the same time, like I play so many video games, it was never going to be.
Speaker 1: Just Call of Duty, right right, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's already doing that, Jack he is. I mean that's you know, what, in God's name? Is a Call of Duty movie going to look like every other action movie you've ever seen? Yeah, but what answer would you have if any I guess, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's kind of obvious at this point, but I would love to see a world made in BioShock. I'd love to see what that looks like properly done. I think you could do a lot with that. And the music was great, The visuals obviously would be great, but just the whole steampunk nature of it would serve film very well. It seems like a silly answer, but I think it is something like like Bully. I really loved the game Bully, Yeah, and I would love to see a movie based off of that.
Speaker 2: Obviously, read a little bit, Ryan, that's a that's a deeper cut, that's a lesser Rockstar game.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorites. I love I love rock Star. I think that game was genuinely perfect. I think it would be really fun to watch. And supposedly they're they're teasing a possible like sequel or remaster or something coming up.
Speaker 2: They've been talking about that forever, but I hope that they're going to do it. What if they did a Grand Theft Auto movie, but it was just like the Minecraft movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, it could be fun because, like, take the sensibility of Minecraft and make it fully adult, make it like beating up hookers and shooting people in the face.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's kind of like West World. It would kind of be I mean kind of like fall Guy, right like or free Guy Free Guy? Is that a free Guy, which I mean like Free Guy was like again like Free Guy was kind of trapped in that. But I think it would be fun, Like I know, it's kind of that trope is overused, the like real person goes into the.
Speaker 1: Video game, right like Grant.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you would do a Grand Theft Auto movie unless you're just doing a Grand Theft Auto movie like a La Prima, like the actual way, like having it be set for real in that world and it following characters in that world and it's set in Los Santos or wherever, but it's it's at like Grand Theft Auto for real unless you do it that way, Like I don't know how you would do it any other way, really, Like it's.
Speaker 3: Either that or that. Like same with Minecraft.
Speaker 2: It's either it's set in the world for real or you have people coming in from out of the world and it being fish out of water, like how many times that it happen. The Super Mario movie, the original and the remake the animated both traffic in that even like because Mario's in his real world in that Mario movie. So Asteroids would be again like the classic games Tetris, right like there was a funnier, die like joke trailer Tetris of However, many years go and then they made a Tetris movie, but they made it the way you make a Tetris movie, which is the story of how Tetris came to be. Because that story in and of itself is so interesting. That's the other thing. Like video game movies, I think for me, I also really love movies about the video game industry, like King of Kong. He's absolutely one of my favorite movies of all great. I love that.
Speaker 1: Movie like no physical media.
Speaker 2: By the way, buck let's we need to Oh ah see, here's the thing what the world needs. And this is what's fucking crazy. The world needs King of Kong two because I don't know, if you know what's happened in the subsequent years since the King of Kong. Billy May's or Billy May's or what that? What the fuck's the guy's name? Oh, Billy Mitchell, not Billy May's. I wish it was Billy Mays. They both lived in Florida. Billy Mitchell's been stripped of all of his titles. Yeah, I heard that because he was supposedly cheating. And I'm saying supposedly because he's a very litigious guy. So I just I don't want to put that out into the world. But a King of Kong sequel would be fucking nuts. And now, given the things that have happened in the in the years subsequent. But if you've never seen King of Kong, knock, knock, knock, this is the doorbell, you need to go answer it and watch King of Kong.
Speaker 1: This is the doorbell.
Speaker 3: So your doorbells sounds like at your house?
Speaker 1: Uh? Not not generally. What's up, Thomas, So let's get into it. Let's go into some of these titles. What is Uh? Did you rank yours? Are these just a listen?
Speaker 3: Didn't rank?
Speaker 1: Did you rank your? No? I I it was hard enough just to give a list of five that I liked. To give me. One of these five.
Speaker 2: Ranking is as baby Billy Freeman would say, is for nerds.
Speaker 3: So no, I'm not ranking anything.
Speaker 2: Uh. One of mine, like I mentioned, is a more recent title, Five Nights at Freddy's. I loved that first Five Nights of Freddy's movies way better than has any right to be like. It just it hit. It hit for me at the right moment in the right way. I was covering Five Nights at Freddy's at the time for another podcast I was doing. We were talking about like like those kinds of YouTube, like analog horror things, and so we covered five Nights of Freddie's.
Speaker 3: And so it just it was hitting.
Speaker 2: On all cylinders. And I know it was kind of critically reviled. But the people that I knew that love Five Nights at Freddie's. The source material loved the movie. And so as far as I'm concerned, if the people who loved the source material love the movie, that's a success. And you know, damn the critics in some respects because they look they weren't amenable to it to begin with.
Speaker 3: So whatever Five Nights of Freddie's. I thought it was pretty good. And Josh Hutcherson forever teenager, Josh Huttererson.
Speaker 2: Is pretty good. And Matt Lillard, I mean, I'm a huge Matt Lillard, guys, I know you are.
Speaker 1: So he's just not in it enough, that's the big thing.
Speaker 2: But he's really not in and in the second one. So that's why the second one is not going to get mentioned other than if you saw the first one, you'll probably watch the second. But the second one is a lesser first one in a lot of ways. I don't think it's terrible. I know you were not a fan, but I didn't think the second one was nearly as terrible as I was expecting it to be. That's for sure. I my plans to see it and went and saw something else instead.
Speaker 1: Initially I thought the second one should have been able to strive to even be dog shit in that it was so much worse than that.
Speaker 2: Wow, you weren't even dog shit, bro.
Speaker 1: No, I did not like that second movie at all. The first one, it was an enjoyable time. I didn't love it at all, but that's that's all right. It wasn't made for me, and my kids loved it, and it was made for them.
Speaker 2: That was what was important, right, exactly, Like and I can, and just like you can acknowledge it. We can both acknowledge sometimes things ain't made for us, and that's okay.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, exactly the first one. Just to get the mystique out of the air, I was not talking about Mortal Kombat. I just decided to throw up Resident Evil. The first one is a decent time. I don't really enjoy any of the sequels all that much. Even the first one is not great. But I'm glad that it's made, Glad that it has a fan base, Glad that it has taken off and gave Paul WS Anderson is his whole career basically fun movie, Yeah, not much so, so many people have talked about it. There's others that I'll talk about a lot more. Any thoughts on Resident Evil.
Speaker 2: The original one is a lot of fun. I mean, the original one is. I mean, for me, the original one is one of those movies where every time I watch it, I'm like, you know, Paul W. S Anderson made Look, he has directed one of my favorite movies that has now been reappraised, Event Horizon, Like I love Event Horizon has been reappraised now everybody loves it. Nobody liked it when it came out. Okay, we get it. Love Event Horizon.
Speaker 3: So Paul W.
Speaker 2: S Anderson is someone who I wish he had made more movies like Event Horizon and less Resident Eas Oh we all, yeah, Well that's that's I mean, it's like James Cameron, it's like, stop making those avatar movies, bro, and make something else, like just just please, like for me to you.
Speaker 3: And the same with Paul W.
Speaker 2: S Anderson, like I get it, you are really good at making Resident Evil movies. The Resident Evil movies that he made in that franchise are the good ones. Once he leaves, they're not. So I don't know. I'm kind of the same boat. Like the first one's great, everything pass that not. And I saw someone in the comments mentioning that the Welcome to Raccoon City Johanna's Roberts film not good. Uh, and boy, they really were plugging away at that movie like it was gonna be something.
Speaker 3: And Johanna's Roberts I like his.
Speaker 2: I like that Kong movie a lot. So, like we talked about Monster Verse movies, I did not like any of the Monster Verse movies, but the but he did, No, he did he not do Kong. No, he didn't do Kong. Never mind I thought he did Kong.
Speaker 1: Uh, no reason that I'm aware of. No, but he did. Primate he did, and it's very good.
Speaker 2: Right, which is that's the other So maybe that's what I was getting confused with Primate.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen yet, probably won't.
Speaker 2: Get a chance to go see it in theaters because it's still probably out somewhere for maybe another week.
Speaker 1: Maybe probably it did fairly well. Yeah, speaking of uh, Johannes Roberts whatever his name is. He he did a part of a VHS ninety nine that we spent since I talked about earlier and my big one nobody ever talks about The Strangers Prey at Night. Good movie, better movie than people give it credit for. He also did that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Stranger's Prey at Night is pretty good. Heck, can we say it's the only Good Strangers sequel?
Speaker 1: Oh well, there shouldn't be any other sequels, but yeah, and honestly, Pray at Night shouldn't have even existed, truly, it should have been left alone.
Speaker 2: But anyways, Yeah, that's I agree with that sentiment.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, So was that off of Paul W. S Anderson or did you say a title?
Speaker 2: I totally just know that was off of pauls Anderson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So what is your second one?
Speaker 2: So? My second one is the for Mario Brothers movie from nineteen ninety three, the right video.
Speaker 1: You knew that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that movie is amazing.
Speaker 2: I think if you if you don't like that movie, it's probably because you've never seen it. Like it's it's It is a technically impressive movie. The sets are pretty wild. They made a lot of uh, they made a lot out of a little even though it was a pretty big budget movie. They actually like, the sets are wild. The fact that is Dennis Hopper in it as King Koopa is fucked.
Speaker 1: It is wild.
Speaker 2: It's a wild movie, like It's. It's one of those things where one of my favorite Disney movies, Meet the Deedles has Robert England is in it as a villain outside of makeup. Not no fanfare given to that. This man is Freddy Krueger. Same with Dennis Hopper, one of the great actors of all time playing Bowser like yeah, and and and that Bob Hoskins John like was Amo casting is out of control. Bob Hoskins was drunk and didn't know that Mario was a video game character until his son told him partially into filming. Like it's completely batshit. The movie's wild. Uh yeah, I don't. There's it. It is so visually interesting as a film, and the choices that are made are so weird, and Rocky Morten and Annabel Jenkle are just I don't know, Like I think the movie is unfortunately kind of given short shrift. It is not the film equivalent of the Atari et game, though I have heard it called that, and I have heard people drag it like that, but it is no. It is no failure as a film. It's not the film that came out the next year. It's not Double Dragon, okay, like that movie is actually not good, Like Super Mario Brothers is a movie worth checking out, worth reassessing. If you have never seen it, just go into it knowing very little. It It's not Mario. It's not really Mario, but it is.
Speaker 3: It's Mario.
Speaker 2: People who don't understand the it to Mario through the lens of the people who don't understand the appeal of the character.
Speaker 1: It's a unique movie. I will say that I don't have the history with this movie that many people have. I enjoy this movie. I don't. I definitely don't hate it, which a lot of people do, and I think that's unfair. Honestly, it's still just wild to me that this movie even exists.
Speaker 2: And it's the OG live action English video game adaptation. Yep, it is the og Like there's before ninety three. There are no video game adaptations, which is crazy because there are not a lot of genres that started after we were born. Most genres have a frame of reference pre are birth in the in the in the early nineties or the nineties, late eighties, like Mario came out in ninety three, three years after I was born. Like, that's that's not a thing. So it's also something that like, as a video game and a you know, video game enthusiast and game I would consider myself a little bit like protective of the video game adaptation genre as a franchise because it's something that we like. It's in direct response and the things that we love, so you know, kind of feels you know, when they're not good. It doesn't feel like a personal attack, but it definitely doesn't feel like the right people are doing these things. So, speaking of that, what's your next one?
Speaker 1: My next one? I'm curious if you've seen this one. I actually wanted to bring up the newer one, not Angelina Joe Lee, but the new.
Speaker 2: Tomb Raider movie, Candor one.
Speaker 1: The the Candor one. I feel like it is something something similar that we both like, which is Indiana Jones in a movie. For basically, it's the closest thing that we've gotten to that sort of feeling. It is fun, it's adventure, it's exciting, it's well made, and the candor is actually pretty great in it for a tomb Raider.
Speaker 2: I like that movie a fair amount. It's got big dog dogs in it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, good for multiple times he's come up to. Yeah, I think it's uh, it's an okayed adaptation. It's I mean, it's basically just a hot woman moving in a cave and that's good enough.
Speaker 2: So well, bro. I played, I actually over the weekend played. I received the I buy the Humble Bundle every month, and this month's Humble Bundle games. One of them was the remastered tomb Raider four, five, and six. Yikes, not good, no thanks, I'm good. They the tank controls were the default. I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a not a tomb Raider guy.
Speaker 2: In terms of the games, I like the new games, which are just Uncharted with a woman instead of Nathan Drake, but tomb Raider with Alicia Vakandor. I saw it in theaters. I covered it on my show The Culture Cast back when it came out back in the day. I enjoyed it, and uh, what a great director named roar Outhog.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he is a tomb Raider himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I would say it's a shame that that movie didn't get a sequel, and the end of that movie with Nick Frost as well set the stage for something that we never got any more of.
Speaker 3: So yeah, actually a good choice, good pick.
Speaker 1: I yah, they had talked supposedly about doing a sequel for years. I think they could still go back and do it. I mean, obviously Lisa mcandor still looks great, but it's not unheard of. I mean, we just talked about Utopia and Utopia too. It's different because it's animated, I guess, and the kids are all about it. But that is a little bit longer than what we got right now. Give us to Raider two.
Speaker 2: Well you know that there. You know that there is Tom Rader coming out right, I did not know. Yeah, there's a Tom Rader TV show coming out with Sophie Turner, the one of the Jonas.
Speaker 1: Wis Oh I know who Sophie Turner is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, one of the Jonas wives. That's a terrible way to refer.
Speaker 1: To her as it's an awful way to but.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I don't want to refer to her as the character from Game of Thrones because less said about that the better.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, Jean Gray and the X Men movies.
Speaker 1: I I know her because I watched the brand new movie Trust from this last year that she was the star of and it was hot garbage. It was so bad, so bad.
Speaker 2: I are you talking about? Yeah, I yeah, I yeah. I don't have a lot of like, I don't know, I don't have a lot of positive things because I haven't seen her in anything other than things where she wasn't great.
Speaker 3: So she looks the part.
Speaker 2: If you look at pictures of her as as Laura Croft, she looks the part, that's for sure. So but tank controls, by the way, are when you have to stop and move. You can't move what you can't turn while moving, so you have to stop and turn and then move in a sit so stupid, which, by the way, Resident Evil that was that was the thing with Resident Evil early on as well, was tank controls. Up until Resident Evil four it was tank controls all the way. So yeah, too, I love the I love I love the Late Games and I actually really like that Alicia Kandor movie, so.
Speaker 1: Good, pick nice. What is next for you?
Speaker 2: So my next one is again you know I mentioned you know well the one came out now and it didn't do a very good job at sparking joy. Silent Hill from two thousand and six, great movie, interesting visually, has a great cast. I think for me, Silent Hill is a weird game to adapt because Silent Hill is a very psychological horror game and that doesn't always translate well to the screen. And I think the visuals are interesting. They kind of are. They break the world that they're existing within in a lot of ways. But Silent Hill, I like that movie. I'm a Sean Bean guy too. He's not in it enough, but I like it. I was really disappointed to learn that the sequel, the direct sequel that has come out now, is not good, and it's directed by Christoph gonz who directed the original.
Speaker 3: He came back to this franchise.
Speaker 2: So I was disappointed more than most people might it might have been to learn that the new Silent Hill movie is not good. So Silent O from two thousand and six, have you seen it?
Speaker 1: Ages? Ago. Good movie, I mean not much. There's a lot of talk about Silent Hill right now, so I've been inundated with it a lot this week. Not much to add. The best thing is the visuals. That's that's really the hot part of that movie. It's not something that I expected to be as popular as it was, I gonna be honest, but I mean it's horror, so it takes off.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: And Silent Hill leisure Suit Larry Wolfenstein would be a good one.
Speaker 3: I mean it would.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right. My next one, this is the third one, is from friend of the channel Josh Rubin, and that is the movie were Wolves Within, which technically I don't know damn thing about the game. I just know that this is a video game adaptation and I think this movie is really damn fun. It is directed by Josh Ruben. It is starring Sam Richardson and Malta vins Trump. It is about a bunch of people that are stranded or not stranded. But there's a small town called Beaverfield, I think, and they are like stowed in and there is a new park ranger in town played by Sam Richardson, and he's this like super nice kind person and suddenly there's a bunch of murdering and havoc and it is really great. It is more of like a Who Done It movie than like a full on horror movie, but it's it's a blast. It's a lot of fun. The acting is surprisingly decent for what it is. The story is unique, and it's a great setting and really just I don't know, the chemistry of the cast is perfect.
Speaker 3: So we said video game adaptation.
Speaker 2: It's not board games, right, because yes, I mean, I mean you, I mean where wol was within is like, it's yeah, it's barely adeo game.
Speaker 1: It's because were Wolf.
Speaker 2: It's were Wolf in VR like, which is like, which cracks me up because the movie you described just like just someone made were Wolf the board game into a movie, which is yeah, which is funny because like that is such a that is such an interesting idea, and board game adaptations aren't a thing that even happened to have happened enough, So it's funny that this is you.
Speaker 1: Know, VRF of battleships.
Speaker 2: Remember how Rihanna was in that movie with Liam Neeson. Is Josh Duhamel in that film?
Speaker 1: Uh? I think? So? Yeah, it sounds right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's he up to these days? I think it's funny that this is a video game that's based off of a fucking card game, a social deduction game that you play with your friends when but yeah, yeah, it's barely it's like, yeah, it's barely even a game, like it's just a social deduction thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I will tell you though, I love Sam Richardson with a is so funny. I know, I'm surprised that Tim from fucking Tim Robinson's not in it, really, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, I twenty eighteen was he? I think he was still doing stuff for SNL or something. Maybe, Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just you know, I just love the two of them together.
Speaker 1: So yeah, always great, all right, next one for you?
Speaker 2: So my next one again, and it is, you know, we've we're kind of I feel like we're staying in a certain kind of time frame here, which is more recent than not. And you know, I mentioned the Mario movie, which does go back a ways, but you know, for me, I kind of mentioned twenty twenty as a year specific to this.
Speaker 3: Genre.
Speaker 2: Man, is there anything better than a return to form by Jim Carrey with Sonic the Hedgehog, Because that movie is so much fun, and Jim Carrey is so good and finally having fun again as an actor.
Speaker 1: And this is your fourth one, right, yeah, so my fourth one is Sonic the Hedgehog two.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'll talk about Sonic and then you can talk about the sequel.
Speaker 3: The first one's amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's Jim Carrey is so good, he's having fun again as an actor. The the initial ground swell about the design of Sonic was justified. I think the original Sonic design is exactly the kind of problem that video game movies experience for the longest time, which is the people who watch these movies don't want to see what the characters would look like for the video game. They want to see what they would look like in the real world. No, we fucking don't. If you're gonna make a Mario movie, make it Mario. If you're gonna make it Sonic, make it fucking Sonic. Don't don't shy away from the fact that it's a four foot tall blue hedgeot, right, please, Like, if you're gonna make a fucking movie about it, lean into it for God for God's sake. So yeah, the fact that they were like and let's get one of the great comedic actors of all time to be in the film and just let him do his thing for the Yeah, for the first time in a decade. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I adore the Sonic the Hedgehog movie, the first one. It is a It is a testament to what happens when you actually listen to the fans, and the fans have their hearts in the right place because there are Snyder cut stories at the Wazoo, the Sonic the Hedgehog people were not doing that. They had a very good argument against why Sonic didn't need to look like that, and the studio listened and the film is better for it. And again, like I said, Jim Carrey is great, James Marsden's great, and the story is fun because you take Sonic and you bring him into our world, so he's the fish out of water and it totally works. It actually one percent totally works. So I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the second one. But what did you think of the first one?
Speaker 1: I think it's great. I think the story's well done. I think all the characters are interesting. I think it's a funny way to adapt this, and I think Jim Carrey is the best thing about this movie. That and Ben Schwartz's great voice and just perfect choice for this. But really the reason I show was the second one is because I love all of that, and just adding in Tails with the voice of Idris Elba is just a wonderful choice. I thought it was really well done. It's a fun villain, it's exciting, it is electric on screen. Honestly, the Sobic franchise has not missed yet. All three are pretty great well, And I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say, I mean, your love of the second one is understood.
Speaker 3: Have you watched the TV show based.
Speaker 1: On Knuckles with not yet? No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, because like that is then the further extension of that second movie. Like I love that second movie because of Knuckles. I think it's really fun that they did not do the Chris Pratt thing with the second movie and technically the first movie, which is they didn't recast uh, they didn't recast Tales. Tails is played by Colleen o shaughnessy, who is the woman that did the voice for the video game. And I love that because, you know, the Charles martinette of it all was something that I know a lot of people had a lot of problems with myself included. And look, Chris Pratt neither here nor there as an actor. He's fine as Mario, but colin O'Shaughnessy as Tales was such a smart move to leave her in there as the kind of grounding force of the trio from you know, recasting two of the three voices because Knuckles and Knuckles and Sonic are not the character voices from anything other than these movies.
Speaker 1: So it is true.
Speaker 2: And yet Jim in the second movie with that mustache, yeah, he looks like Robotnic in the second movie. I'll give you that, Like that's where he looks like Robotnic. F Yeah. Yeah, what a wild what a wild franchise that's been successful like that saw it through to the end. You know, three movies and they were all successful and they've all made money. Like great, you know, I'm glad it really is.
Speaker 1: So that they're working on a fourth one.
Speaker 3: Are they? Oh yeah, oh my god, of course, wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is printing money, of course they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is, yeah, it is. It literally is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sure is printing money.
Speaker 1: All right, what is your last one?
Speaker 2: Then this is where I knuckleball it uh Doom from two thousand and five. I could have said the other video game movie that came out that year, OVA Bulls Alone in the Dark, starring Christian Slater and Tara Reid.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm choosing a Bull's House of the Dead for number. No, I'm just kidding, not no, you are not all right? Tell us about Doom.
Speaker 3: Doude is a great movie.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's Carl Urban, It's the Rock, It's Rosamund Pike. I mean, Carl Urban is not bad in anything he's ever been in The Rock not so much. But Carl urben so much fun and he's the main character of the movie. Like, it's not a rock movie, it's a Carl Urban movie. So that's why I resonate with it. And I'm a huge Doo Doom guy. I played Doom a lot growing up. That's something that my dad and I played when I was a kid on the computer. So I have a lot of love for first person shooters and I have a lot of love for Doom. And yeah, it's maybe not the best movie, but it's fun. It's dumb, it's big and loud, and it's exactly.
Speaker 3: What a Doom movie needs to be.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, like Doom is a franchise that wears its influences on its sleeve. It's heavy metal, it's hardcore. You're ripping demons apart and ripping their eyeballs out and jamming their horns into their mouths and all sorts of vile things. So Doom probably hasn't been adapted to the fullest extent it needs to be. Maybe astron six could adapt Doom and turn it into something truly like Psycho Gorman, the void level of body horror and rip and tear and you know, pulling demons apart. But this checks enough of the boxes for me, as a fan of the franchise to say, you know, check it out. The sequel is just a mess, so you know, don't watch a Doom Annihilation. But the Doom film from two thousand and five I think is fun.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest, I barely remember this movie. Carl Arban's great, I will agree with that. I need to see it again. Well I probably don't need to see it again, but yeah, yeah, you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like to Seeattle tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You can watch it on the plane.
Speaker 2: I got stuff to do that doesn't involve this.
Speaker 1: It's true one movie that I think I could give you one hundred and fifty chances and you'd never know what I was about to say. I am excited because I don't think you've seen this movie. In fact, I'm fairly certain you haven't. My movie is from twenty nineteen. It is a Taiwanese psychological horror movie called Detention. Detention is basically a sort of similar movie to Silent Hill in a few ways, especially in a lot of the visuals. But this is a movie that is set during nineteen sixty two, during the White Terror period, and it's about two of the students that are sort of stuck in their high school at night and trying to find a missing teacher. And it's this weird mix of like surreal psychological horror and some awkward situations that you don't really know what's happening, but the like the undercurrent of what it sounds like is happening just makes you feel gross, and then you get some scenes of true like visceral disgust and terror. And I love this movie. This movie is one of the first movies that I watched that made me like deep dive research for a week afterwards because I realized I'm just an ignorant American and I know nothing about the White Terror period in Taiwan, looked it up and was appalled. Mediately had to go read like a whole bunch of shit about it. Love this movie. Everybody needs to see it. It got a physical media release here in the US from one of the Ocean Partner labels check out Detention from twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: I have heard of it, I have not seen it, so I has for.
Speaker 1: The equation better than it could have been. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: I have an interesting question to round this episode out, What, in your opinion is the worst video game adaptation that you have seen? Because that's the thing here, right Like, the fact that the ones we talked about are good is kind of the outlier in this argument. That's been the whole argument about video game adaptations, right right, is none of them have been good. And now in the last five six years, we've been getting good video game adaptations. So by your approximation, what's the worst one? Because I have an answer, and I think it's an answer that's going to come from the same place of a lot of people. Because the promise was there the director I think could have been interesting and it ended up just being a complete and utter mess which I have seen even I can't I wouldn't comment on any of these if I hadn't seen him. It is a movie that I am genuinely appalled by in a lot of ways. But I'm curious if you have an answer.
Speaker 1: Scrolling through one of the lists real quick, I think the only one that I can say that fits everything that you just said, that I've seen made by somebody that could be interesting that is truly appalling is doa Dead or Alive?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I went with Borderlands.
Speaker 1: See I've never seen Borderlands there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Borderlands is really an affront to both fans of the video game, which are many. It is a very popular video game franchise. Obviously, unpopular franchises do not get adapted. But Eli Roth could have been an interesting director because he's a very subversive guy who kind of has his finger on the pulse of things. It is a really bad movie, and yeah, like, I don't know why he adapted it. I don't know what they were thinking. I don't know why. Jamie Lee Curtis is just like breasts are out the entire film. More or less, it's a strange movie. Uh. It has again, it's the it is the it is the uh example that proves the rule of Jack Black being good in videoka movies because he's also in it as claptrap and he can't save it. Kate Blanchett should never have been in that movie. Kevin Hart is in that movie. Like I I rest like, I don't understand whatsoever whose idea j Gina Gershan also, her breasts are just hanging out in the movie. I'm not Like, if you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about. Like, there is just a lot of like weird cleavage in the movie that just seems completely unnecessary, and it's like, Eli Roth, what are you doing? Like, I don't know. I didn't understand the reasoning behind it. I didn't understand why anyone went and saw it, and by all approximations, nobody did.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I get it. I've never played Borderline, so I don't have the affinity for it. I know everybody that did seem to hate the fucking movie. So that's a good answer. If Eric is watching, she's me be very happy that you talked down about Eli Roth because she hates him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a fan of his either, Like whatsoever. I think that Eli Roth has a lot of positive things he's done for the film community, but there's also a lot of stuff from like Eli like I'm just not I don't vibe with you man. Yeah, movie called ice Cream Man this year.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see it. Yeah, sound here and then hopefully the Thanksgiving sequel here soon too.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it. I enjoyed that Thanksgiving, Like that was the thing Eli Roth for me, Like I went from Thanksgiving, which I loved, speaking of the grindhouse of all of this, to go all the way back to what we were talking about at the opening of the show, Like that movie's amazing, it's so much fun, it's way better than it has any right to be. And then he makes what like that was such a return to form for me with Eli Roth, and then like he just like went and just like soured all of it with a really lackluster attempt at a video game adaptation. Some I think video game adaptations are very hard, Like I don't think they're easy, And I think for me, like, as someone who loves video games, I think it's best to be long form with it, like Fallout. I know people some people don't like it, but fall Out as a TV show is great. Last of Us was great. They're making a God of War TV show. That Halo show wasn't as terrible as it could have been. You know, there's a lot of options out there to adapt video games. I don't think film is the best way to do it film as in a movie.
Speaker 3: I think TV is the best way to do it.
Speaker 1: So understandable, totally get that there's been a fun conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, But to a shame I never got to do it on Film Foundations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That was one of the plans for sure. Speaking of Film Foundations, pick a show, tell Everybody one of the shows on weirding Way Media that's not a Cristashi podcast.
Speaker 2: God, there are so many. The Projection Booth is obviously the big one. That's Mike White's show where he talks about movies once, sometimes two or even three times a week, covering all genres, new, old, mostly things that you probably are less familiar with there, you know, less mainstream stuff, which is why I love Mike's show.
Speaker 3: Midnight Viewing is also great.
Speaker 2: That's Father Malone's Horror Anthology show where he covers horror anthology series of shows. Feminine critique is great. Emily La Ravia, Emily intra RAVI excuse me. Her show is fantastic. Mike has been on there a couple of times. She always does some really interesting coverage around the holidays with covering like Hallmark Movies and I think last year she covered that Christmas in Connecticut film which has Chevy Chase. And then the big one, the award winning one Eighties TV Ladies, which is hosted by Susan Lambert and Sharon Johnson. They talk about eighties TV shows, uh with a with a primarily feminine or female cast from a feminine perspective. So those are the shows that I would, you know, preach the praises of so Film Foundations. Though was a fun time, you know. Last time I was on here, we were talking about the show being kiboshed, so I guess we stuck to it.
Speaker 1: Ryan. We have not done an episode since then and seemingly probably won't be happening anytime soon at.
Speaker 3: This point now, it would seem that way.
Speaker 1: Yes, unfortunately, but also fortunately thanks for Reagan out tonight been a good show. Glad you were here, glad to talk to Thank you for having me always. Everybody, see y'all next Thursday. It's, of course, the first day Thursday of the month, which means the good Doctor will be here next week.
Speaker 3: Chris, I'm disappointed that he's not here.
Speaker 2: Now with us, probably that we all know that West Coast elite's probably in bed with a nice class classic LASSA. Well he's I mean, I mean he's a West Coast elite on the in an East Coast body. Yes, he's probably in bed right now with a warm glass of milk with his nightcap on, sitting in bed reading something more interesting than either one of us could ever imagine.
Speaker 1: So that's a shout out, will good night. Thanks everybody. We'll see you next Thursday. Stay safe at there, and as usual, Buck guys, thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 5: Hello, and welcome to Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys.
Speaker 2: My name is Hunter.
Speaker 5: In this podcast, I'll be joined by a different guest each week to discuss a classic Western movie or TV show. I've been a fan of classic westerns for as long as I can remember, and in recent years they've become very nostalgic for me. I love the aesthetic, the tropes, and I love seeing different filmmakers takes on them at their best. They're incredibly entertaining, rewatchable, and some of my all time favorite movies are Westerns. We'll mostly focus on Western movies made in Hollywood, but we'll also be covering spaghetti westerns and one thing I'm very excited to get into our Western TV shows. I've got some amazing guests coming on the show, film professors, historians, and podcasters and Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys is part of the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network, and many guests on the show will be from other shows on the network.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. To hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Production podcast network, please select the link in the description