Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. Don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot Com. Versions four and five available. You can get autographed versions, t shirts and more at Initials Game dot com. And you can get information about Initials Game Live at Initials Game live dot com. You can play Initials all over.
Speaker 2: Town, bars, breweries, restaurants.
Speaker 1: Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 3: Listen up, Basketball fans, head to the Rabbit Hole in Minneapolis, your ultimate tournament headquarters next Friday for an all day Kfan tournament watch party. With forty five plus big screens. You will not miss a single moment of the action. Come hang with your favorite kfan personalities. Answer for your shot to win awesome prizes. Get all the details down at KFE dot com. Keyword calendar.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you, Zacho. Here we go, feeling lucky. Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 2: All right, ready to just dive right in, Let's go, Let's go. The Power Trip welcomes you two.
Speaker 3: Initials Game five sixty five presented by Hurlbird Heating in Plumbing.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: Our friends at Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing, you're presenting sponsor and they're keeping homes comfortable for over sixty five years. Right now, you can get a free furnace with the purchase of a new air conditioner called six one two, two hundred and twenty one twenty today or schedule online at Hurlbert HP dot com. That's Hurlbert HP dot com.
Speaker 1: Great people, They're awesome. Hurlbert kicks ass. All right, let's go around the room. Let's meet the competitors. See what we're playing for sauce. What happens if you win today?
Speaker 5: I'm sponsored by my amazing friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. Seventh Avenue Pizzas Buy one, get one at all LUNs and Byerley's locations and a bye win Tweet me and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday and one of you could one one hundred dollars gift card to restock your freezer with Seventh Avenue Pays.
Speaker 1: This is won the last two weeks. He's going for a stare consecutive wins. What happens if it's three in.
Speaker 4: Rows right, thank you. If I'm sponsored by rad Code, if I went to get tempersent off, your entire order out through Monday in store or online at radcode dot com. When you use use the promo code, initials discount doesn't play toppers, it does everything else.
Speaker 2: Thank you rad Code. Three and a row for red Coat. Multiple Emmy wins for Marni gelln there.
Speaker 1: Let's see how initials win she has after today, Marnie, what happens if you win yet again?
Speaker 6: If I win, please tweet me and tag great Clips. Do that now through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner and we'll win one free year of or one full year of free haircuts either way. Look at it, people be getting trimmed. Thank you great Clips. What a great sponsor?
Speaker 2: Great nice? Can you tell does? Look at did your money back? Why did I get my money back? Saying that it's bad but I'm sure it's great. What is that supposed to.
Speaker 1: Make You're saying Great Clips is a bad job? Is that what you're saying? They are awesome? But wow they're the best Paris Hi, you're still a free agent. Yes, we gotta get your sponsor, said over there.
Speaker 2: Some some what I almost said, nickel back watch that watch that? Yes, they say, keeps selling out everywhere they go. That's right. Where do I just see their plan?
Speaker 7: They're doing festivals this summer somewhere in Wisconsin, broom this.
Speaker 2: Great Women's Creed and uh Creed, that's who they're doing. That's right. Yeah, let's go looking forward to it.
Speaker 6: Mine Lake, I once bought a ticket and I went to the show and I was like, I want my nickel back.
Speaker 2: You ever, e, that's a first I have heard.
Speaker 1: Wolf makes her debut. You're on care eleven. Where can people see you? And when can people watch you?
Speaker 8: Yes? Well, I anchor Saturday and Sunday night. So if you're an SNL fan, I'm on right before SNL. And if you're a football fan, I'm on right after Sunday Night football.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: There, we go right on and people can follow you on so as well. And your last name is any at the end, right, yes, right, So if you're looking her up, be at the end, all right. You can also buy this game at home Initials Game dot Com. Initials Game dot Com is where you can get the home game. An Initials Game Live dot Com is where you can see the now forty g'z forty five or so locations. You can play it all over the Twin Cities, and it's like fifteen more on the way in the next month.
Speaker 2: So check that out. Initials GameLine dot com for you, Carlos.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, before game five sixty five, we have to give one listener, one lucky listener, a chance to win just I don't know, eighty six thousand, five hundred. Now it's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials, Jackpop, that's right, you said it.
Speaker 2: Eighty six five. You're looking to buy.
Speaker 4: New car, save money in your current carloan will save Paul Federal Credit Union now offering Carlin rates as low as six point two nine percent of ply today. It's Saint Paul fu dot org slash kafan federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 1: All right, this is insane. Eighty six thousand, five hundred dollars. If the caller gets both letters in the right spot, that's the key. They got to be in the right spot. They win eighty six five thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. But if they get one in the right spot, they still get two hundred and fifty bucks, which is awesome. Goes up five hundred dollars every week, it's gone off twice. Maybe today's number three.
Speaker 2: Good morning? What is your name and where are you from? This is Tim from Shokapy, Tim from Shockapy. Hi, Tim, how are you doing? I'm great yourself, I'm pretty good. How would you like eighty six thousand, five hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Take it or leave it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Take it? Sure? Tim?
Speaker 1: What two letters are you guessing for a shot at eighty six thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 2: I would like them to be A R A AAR any reasons, mozo, No, that's not.
Speaker 5: My lovely girlfriend, slash, common in law wife.
Speaker 2: Oh, nice sorrow, very important slash.
Speaker 1: You have a common law wife and you could take her leave eighty six five. You just can't commit, man. Let's go make a choice, all right, Tim and shockaby a R. If he has one right, he wins two hundred and fifty bucks. Yeah, if he has both of money. If he has both right and he wins eighty six five. I can name one lady who's gonna want to ring pretty quickly? Uh, Tim and shockaby a R. Does he have at least one right for two hundred and fifty dollars, and is he alive for the jackpot? Come on, she's gonna be mad. Oh sorry, sorry, Tim, your wife.
Speaker 2: Piston, he's got a common Yeah, no a no r uh.
Speaker 1: The initials for game five sixty five. By the way, Morgan, any questions on the rules, you understand how it works.
Speaker 2: You yell out your name.
Speaker 1: Your name is your buzzer. We play best out of twelve. You have to pronounce the answer correctly. If when you ring in, you get five seconds to to answer it. So if somebody else rings in and you think of it while they're thinking, you can yell out your name and kind of get your place in line.
Speaker 2: Any of the questions, Good to.
Speaker 3: Go, And Morgan, can you slide a little bit to your left.
Speaker 2: Right next to the Marnie?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Show it. You like each other? Not too close, she'll hurt you. Yeah, she gets violent. She does get violent. Organ speaking of Rosie, do you need a mentor?
Speaker 8: Do I need a mentor?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ah, how do you?
Speaker 8: I'm thirty?
Speaker 2: Never mind, he's not interested. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: The initials for game five sixty five B the letter B and then the letter D.
Speaker 2: B D. Here we go. Yell out your name if you know this. Here's number one of b D. Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Might have a vision. Clue number two insures precise timing. Clue number three selects pieces. Clue number four leads and manages. Clue number five guides performance. Mark yep band director.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, I'm going through everything that director. There we go, good guy, good guy. Band director gets Mark Parrish on the board.
Speaker 1: Here's number two b D clue at number one bold transparent exposed.
Speaker 2: Clue number not Clue number three, number two.
Speaker 1: No room for hiding or ambiguity, ambiguity or just that Clue number two room for hiding or ambiguity.
Speaker 2: Clue number three often preceded by the word in h Clue number four.
Speaker 1: This occurs brazenly and openly. Marny yep, broad daylight.
Speaker 2: That's right, man, and I was.
Speaker 7: Just going through sada nice, nice Marns.
Speaker 1: Marns gets on the board. Marny has one with broad daylight. Perish on the.
Speaker 2: Board with favorite kind of daylight. Yeah you are correction outplayed out play. I lost it. He takes more shrapnel now than he did when he was on the show. Marty with one, perish with one.
Speaker 1: Here's number three D Clue number one considered large meat Sauce Clue number two sometimes humorously connected to a fly. Clue number three slides. Clue number four allows easy access. Paul, ye, barn door. That's right, barn door gets saucy on the.
Speaker 2: Boarders opening your yours is open right now.
Speaker 7: For you.
Speaker 2: I like your blouse hawk, Oh, thank you. I like your teeth. Nobody does again, isn't.
Speaker 1: In middle school, your fly being down was the worst things and your if it was like, hey, five of your family members just died in a plane wreck or your fly was down, you'd have to think about it.
Speaker 2: And you think about it probably too long? Wait, yeah, ring your week? Who cares? Who cares? I can't relax?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why are you there?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Sauce has one, the parish has one, Martie has one.
Speaker 1: You have to score hockey, but there's nine to go, plenty of time. Here's number four of BD. Clue number one involves maximum efforts. Clue number two extreme concentration.
Speaker 8: Morgan, go for it, background dancer, guess I like it?
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 1: Paris told you to swing if you think of it, right, No shame in game number one. All right, Morgan's out for the rest of number four. Clue number three, one of the words is an animal. Clue number four move directly and purposefully. Clue number five.
Speaker 2: To apply pressure or force finymal Clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: To focus intensely with determination five or three two one.
Speaker 2: Honest to god, I'm blank here. I'm trying to focus intently.
Speaker 1: What do you do if you're really You're gonna just focus in, You're gonna be down, bear down. Sometimes you just gotta say it out loud, and it makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 2: You bear down, chica, That was easy. One of us should have had that, Yeah, one of us, one of the one. I'm pretty sure. Hey, at least you guessed. The four of us just stared blankly ahead. None of you. Yeah, bear down? We didn't. We didn't bear down enough. All right, nobody gets bear down? Sauce, perish. Here we go again. Here's number five b D.
Speaker 1: Clue number one involves a relatively short window of time.
Speaker 2: Clue number two can feature blackouts. Clue number three involves a large amount of liquid. Clue number four binge drinking. How the binge? That one? I'm good at like two things. What's the other one?
Speaker 9: Being friends with hockey? He's my handsome princes are we're not we're companions.
Speaker 2: Thank you. He's your handsome prince and I'm a good dad. M Well, and just sit around and watch TV. Sau says to Parish and Martie. Each here here, here, here is time, all kinds of time.
Speaker 1: Bro is six to be the clue Number one features an insertion. Clue number two is a process. Clue number three yep, bank deposit, very good one, very good one. Both fit hawk out for the rest of number six. Clue number three is fear inducing for some.
Speaker 2: Paul yep. Blood drawn, Marnie Mark, Marnie blood draw. Yeah, yeah, it's not blood drawn. You get the process is called the blood draw. But you go to a blood drawn that's not.
Speaker 7: I let my guard down, assuming you were going to say it right, it's burned like our.
Speaker 2: Rating last week. It's like blood drawn is wrong. I don't even know what to do. You do.
Speaker 6: He's right, you do get your blood drawn, but I think the process blood draw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where you're going, I'm going to a blood drapt? No, I have a blood right, I want to get the point. No, I don't think Marty with two sauce with two parish, where're you going? We're halfway through the game. Plenty of time, Hawk and you two sauce because you're you know, winning. Here's number more seven of ble. Just take you out of it. Doesn't mean you got this sauce.
Speaker 1: Clue number one, number seven of bed number one. Getting rid of the second word doesn't.
Speaker 2: Change the meaning. Clue number two in.
Speaker 1: A sense debuted March ninth, nineteen fifty nine. Clue number three, A great deal of it is plastic. Clue number four in a sense the focus of a twenty twenty three blockbuster.
Speaker 7: Mark Yep, Barbie doll. Oh good one, very good, very very good. I missed binge drinking.
Speaker 2: You miss binge drinking? No no, no, no no no no, no, no no no. I missed the answer binge drinking. We have three ray tiles. You sauce with two pairs.
Speaker 10: Genty with plenty of times? Were at two, we're only at two? All right, five to go, Morgan and Hawk. Youet to score, but again five points. Here is number eight of.
Speaker 2: B D Clue number one.
Speaker 1: Most people have some of these. Clue number two can cause lingering discomfort. Or unease, Morgan, go for it.
Speaker 8: Bad depression, Yeah, depression, keep.
Speaker 2: Swinging, all right, Morgan's out for the rest of number eight.
Speaker 1: Clue number three are extremely normal and typically occasional.
Speaker 2: Haul Yep, bad dream that's right, that wow, came up with that dream? The swing, the swings this man takes after blood draw.
Speaker 7: He was off the cliff, take away his shoelaces every day, and now bad dreams right back on it.
Speaker 2: I love it. I'm a little surprised you didn't say bad dreamt What do I do? God?
Speaker 7: Sat, you should probably start pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Your butt sauce has tweet, Irish has two, Marnie has two. Uh?
Speaker 2: We have what four left? Plenty of time for hockey, Morgan. Still not over yet. Let's go. Here's nine of BD. Clue number one this is a person. Clue number two.
Speaker 1: Has specialized apparel. Clue number three considered highly technical. Marnie, yep, butt doctor?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Did you just say butt doctor? Is that not a Is that the technical term? But doctor?
Speaker 6: Is that not a common but doctor is like the common slang for more butt doctor?
Speaker 2: Do they have those? Do you think I would use butt doctor as an answer? But butt doctor. Is that a common slang for protology?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that only in my circle? Four year old? I suppose?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm with I don't remember the clues. Yeah, you said skilled and where's highly technical specialized apparel?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 2: And I mean there was one more. I thought this is a person. All three of them technically fit Marnie. Yes, but okay, I thought it was a more common term. All right, carry on with your game. But doctor is wrong. Let's move on. Marni's out for the rest of number nine. Clue number four, Oh boy, Clue number four, often associated with white, pink, or black.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: The hell so stupid? What happened? Clue number five, I mean goes through extensive training.
Speaker 1: Not wrong.
Speaker 2: Final clue clue number six, known for balance, grace, and artistry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Morgan ballet dancers.
Speaker 2: Plenty of towns. It is a ballet dancer, not a butt doctor. I don't know, man, I got stuck for a second. It's some weird on that in my head.
Speaker 1: But next time I sun flower seeds in the show, I'm just going to go to the butt doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people do.
Speaker 4: There's a degree I'm looking at. You get a degree in butt doctoring. Yeah, hawkast one right, Uh three to go situation.
Speaker 2: Sauce.
Speaker 1: You have the lead, you have three, Parish and Marni. You have two Hawk, you have one Morgan. You can get all three in stole tie Sauce. You're not mathematically out yet.
Speaker 2: Either, but everybody, you've done it, Morgan, it happened, Uh Sauce. With the lead.
Speaker 1: Here's number ten of BD. Clue number one generally arched or crescent shaped. Clue number two requires the use of teeth. Clue number three known to block. Clue number four features a unique entrance. Clue number five this is a structure. Final clue clue number six. These are made of a combiny. Yep, beaver dam that's right.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, nice I was man, I had no idea what you're sorrying about? Nice? Teeth was the clue.
Speaker 1: There s plenty of time, all right, Morgan, here's a here's the situation for you.
Speaker 2: You're out of it mathematically, but you get to keep playing. You gotta get on the board. That's the goal. Just trying to get one keep swaying. Still possible. U. Sauce.
Speaker 1: Yes, with Hawk, Parish and Marnie, though each having to a piece off. You get this one right, you win because you have a one point lead with two. So if you get this one right, go it's all over Sauce going for the win. Hawk and Parish. I'm aren't he trying to tie it up with one to go? Here's number eleven of bad. Clue number one might start a conversation. Clue number two. This involves unintentional pressure. Clue number three might have unintended recipients. Clue number four can last seconds, minutes, or even longer.
Speaker 2: Clue number five. Half of it might be background noise.
Speaker 8: Morgan, yep, broadcast.
Speaker 1: A keep firing, might as well, all right, Morgan's out for number eleven. Here is the last clue of number eleven, Clue number six. This accident often occurs when sitting down, which is why it's named for a.
Speaker 2: Body parts.
Speaker 1: Five or three two, Barnie Barney five or three two one anybody else five or three two one?
Speaker 2: Disc? God, damn it. That was like a noise. It was back disc. It might start a conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has unintended recipients, could last a hand full of seconds or minutes background noises. Half of it happens when you sit down it's what the first word is butt and it's not doctor.
Speaker 2: Dial. It's a butt dial. Oh my god, good idea, that is a dial. You know you've you've got a good clues, scry man.
Speaker 6: You might become a doctor even in practic Accidentally, yes, why.
Speaker 2: Noise, all right, it's not actually a bad thing for you, saus because now you're going for the wind Hawk Parish and need this. It's good guys here, good guys, all right, Morgan, get on the board.
Speaker 1: You can do you got this, Morgan, final item at number twelve of bead Sauce going for the wind Hawk Parish.
Speaker 2: Marny going for the tie. Here we go clearly number one. It's considered complete or absolute. Clue number two. The first word is a noun that acts like a modify. Go for it. That's worst degree, That was really good one. That was a good one. All right, win for it, all right.
Speaker 1: Chris is out for number twelve and mathematically eliminates himself, but might as well go for it, all right, let me finish out, even though I think I said to the first word is a noun that acts as a modifier.
Speaker 2: Clue number three might be associated with an empty glass clue number four. One of the words has a connection to the number two O six mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Clue number five sometimes used to describe bread, steak, clothing, towels, or soil. M hmm.
Speaker 2: What final clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: Extreme lack of moisture Marny for the tie, bone dry, bone dry, and.
Speaker 2: Bone dry.
Speaker 7: After Barbie Doll, I went blank, Alright, here we go, Saucy, here we go, man heads up tiebreaker between Marny and sauce on Morgan Hawk and Parish.
Speaker 1: Shit this one out. It's just a sauce in Marny. Three clues areaker a little more to the point. If you're ringing and get it wrong, don't forget. Your opponent gets to hear the rest of the clues, and then after clue three will have five seconds to just say the answer, no ringing in everybody.
Speaker 2: Ready, Marny you ready?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Sauc are you ready? Oh yeah? All right?
Speaker 1: Heads up for the wain Marny in parish or Marny in Parish. Sorry, I mean sauce.
Speaker 2: Here is a tie breaker of b D clue number one.
Speaker 1: Thirteen forty six through thirteen fifty three.
Speaker 2: Clue number two was found in Europe, North Africa, and Asia. Clue number three.
Speaker 1: Possibly killed fifty million people. This bubonic plague nickname was one of the most fatal pandemics in history.
Speaker 2: Five or three to Marnie black Death, Yeah, and talked it out loud. That's black Death.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 2: Yes me.
Speaker 8: Plague.
Speaker 2: That was well well done by you than you controversial. It comes down to blood drawn versus blood draw. That's the point.
Speaker 1: Nice swing that changed everything. But Marty, you get the victory. What happens now that you've won.
Speaker 6: Take a breath first of all, and please tweet me tag great Clips.
Speaker 9: Do that now.
Speaker 6: Through the end of Sunday, one of you's is going to win free haircuts, free haircuts for a full year from Great Clips Salons.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Great Clips. Well, Don Marnes defenses. I couldn't have drawn it up any better. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was waiting, wob Dylan.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was sitting on that pens and needles, waiting for a music. The music, ye, Betty Davis.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for something cross common to start writing things down. I was my butt door. I was looking for something from my.
Speaker 7: Youth, an easy one for me to jump out and thank god, Corey throw a Barbie doll for me.
Speaker 8: I almost said below deck for one of them to you said.
Speaker 2: Butt doctor and still one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you said butt doctor and thought butt doctor was a legit answer.
Speaker 2: No longer dying back. You you killed Greenway, you killed Mary. Make a doctor something that wasn't more common?
Speaker 7: Doctor, your your kids are like mom, you earned that one that you got. Screwed, Marty, what the hell do you call your urologists?
Speaker 1: Gee?
Speaker 2: My god, Marny Morgan, super nice to me. You thanks for coming in. That was fine. I'll have to do it again.
Speaker 8: So much fun.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back to tomorrow. We're back Monday. But Chris, you're off Monday Tuesday Wednesday. Correct, she had Monday Tuesday, actually day Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we'll see hawk on Wednesday. We're back five thirty to nine on Monday.
Speaker 2: Everybody, have a great weekend. Thnday noon is next. I already have a Monday Friday, DA and George. That's one Trenday