Speaker 1: Coming up on seven thirty here if if you're gout care see the talk station. I'm a very happy Wednesday to you. One hour from now. Judge Ennita Paula Tana back from vacation, preceded by Judge Betsy Sunneman from Domestic Relations Court, saying curfews don't work. In the meantime, it's that time a week we get to talk with Americans for Prosperities. Donovan and Neil Donovan, welcome back to the program Sir. It's always good hearing from you, Brian. Always a pleasure to be with you on Wednesday morning. And I know since Columbus they're on recess. You guys at AFP aren't doing anything. You kick your feet up and you don't do Jack squat when they're on vacation, do you.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: You know, it's when there's not what it's not policy season or politics season. We're just we're just chilling on the beach.
Speaker 1: And I guess no rest for the weary at AFP.
Speaker 2: They're hit.
Speaker 1: They're trying to rally rally every one of my listening audience and everybody across the great State of Ohio to get engaged even by doing just something small because going back to my analogy for my con law professor, a fleet urinating in the Pacific, in terms of increasing the volume, every little bit counts. So baby steps are very important. Even small ones can go a long way in large volumes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and so yeah, we're you know, Cap Square and Capitol Hill may not be in action right now, you know there's not.
Speaker 2: An impending state or federal election.
Speaker 3: But you know what fuels our operation, that makes us so impactful in those moments is our grassroots army. The folks like your listeners, Brian, who you know come alongside us, whether it's sending an email to their state representative to override Governor Dewines Vetos, to members who knocked doors with us in support of a candidate to help flip the balance of power in Washington. It's the small steps each one of those folks takes, and it's why we've launched this one Small Step campaign. I've been on talking about it before, but we're going to beat this drum all the way through next year year like we always do, because we've got a really important date coming up. It's America's twohunter and fiftieth birthday next year, and we're capitalizing on that to help drive a renewed sense of patriotism and drive folks back and inspire them to take action, just like our founding fathers did when they started this great nation.
Speaker 1: Well, and there are a variety of ways people can do that you mentioned probably one of the easiest ones. Just take a few moments of time and contact your elected officials, your representatives, your senators, even you want to send the governor an email knock yourself out. But it's an easy way to do it. And I've had lots of conversation with you, and a lot of conversations with politicians. They really don't get that much by way of communications from their constituents. I mean, you know, if they get fifteen emails on one subject that's like a banner day or something, they're like, oh my god, what's going on out there that I got so much? And you're thinking, like, wait a second. You represent thousands and thousands of people, and a big day for you is getting a week for you? Is getting like fifteen people reaching out on one issue that I mean that that speaks volumes to the opportunity for my listening audience to help out.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so true. I mean we had so we've had so many members throughout this session. When we put an action alert out on property text issue, or on rains regulatory issue, or on moving on hot to a flat tax. So many members will tell us when we're when we're talking to them, or we'll bring activists to the Statehouse and we'll say, actually, you know, I got emails from AFP and activists like you. It's good to actually see some of you go in person to know it's not just Donovan sending me a lot of emails right right, shakingly, that stuff has a real impact. And because yeah, you know they can they know right, their staff read those Their staff either send them onto the members or summarize it for the members, depending on sort of how that office operates. Either way, when they get a lot of emails on a particular piece of legislation or on a topic, yeah, they that sends up a signal.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a radar for them.
Speaker 3: And because it's not just them receipt You're you're representative seeing it, it's reper senatives across the state receiving it. And so they talk, right, and then they realize, hey, this is something that people care about. We got to do something here. It's powerful stuff, Brian, and it's just again, it's simple, small steps that have different levels of impact that ultimately result in substantial change. Ideally, if you're working with us towards freedom and liberty for the better of the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well and Americans for Prosperity has the tools to help people accomplish these quote unquote small steps. Because I'm looking at your site right now, Americans for Prosperity dot org. There's a click that you can link onto the small Step campaign and ask you the question, how would you like to get involved? I'd like to, And then there here's some options for you to help to put together community events, build strong community coalition groups, speak out on social media, hold politicians accountable, contact my representative. We already address that. Talk to voters at the doors, call voters about issues and candidates. I'd like to meet with the team member of AFP if you want to do one of these, Like I'd love to put together a community events. I don't have I don't know where to even think about starting to do that. You guys will help.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's one of the things I always, you know, I'll talk to the local groups, especially this time of year where they're working to fight local issues or campaigns, and I'll say, well, you know, before you even get before AFP as an organization even puts its label on it or starts getting involved, how about we just grab some coffee, some pastries, and let's just talk.
Speaker 2: About what your plan is.
Speaker 3: We've got full time staff, right, We're blessed to be staffed with some of Ohio's best community organizers, political operatives, conservative leaders who are here to help folks who are working on the issues that they care about. Right, Folks like Adam Boying and Southwest Ohio is consistently meeting with different groups.
Speaker 2: George brunhaman, I know a good friend of the show.
Speaker 3: You know, we sit down with these groups and a lot of these a lot of the biggest impact happens from these local leaders who see a problem in their community. They want us, they want to tackle them and solve it, and so they come together to get it done. Our team stands are ready to help provide that that mentorship, that support so that you, as a listener of the Ran Thomas show wright, can go out and be that leader be that change maker in your community so that we can again move this state to a more bolder, better Buckeye state like we talk about.
Speaker 1: And if you don't want to be a community leader and an outspoken advocate for it, there's an easy solution there for a baby step. Just contact your elected official and let your voice be known. This property tax thing, I had a post show interview with Bill sidyesterday, who's on that committee to analyze, you know, the issues, the Governor's Committee on Property Tax. So we'll air that one maybe tomorrow. I'm not quite sure, but I brought up the issue. You know, we have this repeal property tax in Ohio ballot initiative that may change the constitution of the United States, and that won't be on the ballot until next year, looks like. But you know, I'm not sure where AFP is on that conceptually. But if they don't act, and if they don't get something substantive done by way of property tax relief legislative wise, or however they accomplish it, that's going to be a real train wreck if we all vote to get rid of property taxes. I think it's it's interesting as a concept to discuss it but I think his figure was, well, we're going to have to come up with twenty three billion dollars in lost property tax revenue to fund all the schools and all these things that benefit from property tax. And I mentioned the sales tax during the conversation. He said, we'd have to raise a sales tax to like twenty cents on the dollar to make up for the lost volume. So that doesn't seem like an attainable solution, but it's going to be a real problem if they don't get something right accomplished and we end up eliminating it, it's going to be chaotic.
Speaker 3: No, I think that's right, and that's that's a very real threat that's sort of damnically hanging over yeah State of Ohio's head right now. But you know, I think it's also important to point out the legislature has been doing a lot of this work. Yeah, there are a number of legislative vehicles that have been introduced that would actually both provide immediate relief and structural reform. They'll keep this problem from reoccurring. Unfortunately, though, you know, I'll point a finger blame here. It's the local political subdivision lobbyists, all of the school board officials, teachers, unions, township officials, village all of these folks. Right, We've got thirty nine hundred political subdivisions in the state of Ohio, each one of those represented by a board of elected officials, paid elected officials ranging from three to seven members, not to mention the administrators and all of the bureaucrats that exist within those thirty nine hundred political subdivisions across.
Speaker 2: The state of Ohio.
Speaker 3: Those are literally tens of thousands of paid taxpayer, paid lobbyists who win your state representatives, your state senators go to do their work. Those lobbyists descend upon Columbus. Yeah, and put that pressure on it, say we'd want the status quo. Do not make change, do not harm us, do not give the taxpayers and voters an edge when it comes to deciding if.
Speaker 2: Their taxes are going to go up or not.
Speaker 3: We liked unvoted tax increases on our citizens because we need that, Brian, that's the problem. And the legal nature is acting and has been courageous and doing work. And when they get a couple of things into the state budget and the governor vetos them, puts a working group together.
Speaker 2: Well, if we got to get something done. We've set that back at best three months from reform happening.
Speaker 3: And so you can't both say you you know, some of these folks like Bill Sites can't both say hey, we've got this threat and pending, we got to act and then also be cool with the actions the governor has taken to veto and stop any reform from happening.
Speaker 2: So the problem in.
Speaker 3: Ohio, in simple terms, is we have too dang much local government. Local accessible government is good, but we have thirty nine hundred political subdivisions in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 2: It's the fifth most in the nation. And that's the problem.
Speaker 3: And if we want to really fix the system, we got to kind of address that glaring issue somewhere along the line.
Speaker 1: You can help out. Every little bit counts. Americans for Prosperity dot org. Start there, click on the link and you will find yourself on the right page to help make a difference. AFP is there to help you accomplish the goal. And as a team, a large team of a lot of squeaky wheels, maybe we can get some effective work done here in the state for the benefit of all of us. Donovan and Neil Americans for prosperity. Keep up the hard work and you're at it even when Columbus is on vacation. Hey man, that's right. Always looking forward to having you on the program. So keep up the wonderful work. And I again will encourage my listeners to reach out to you and help out in any way they can always appreciate. Thanks, Brian, take care of my brother seven forty. Right now if you have Kerr CD talk station and joking up at the phone line five one three seven eight two three talk pound five fifty on at and T phone stick aroun because after the top of the our news we're here from Judge Betsy Sunderman. Curfews don't work, she says, What do you think she's going to say about taking the red bikes off the street? Joe Jimney Care Fireplaces though operated since nineteen eighty eight a plus with the better business, they know what they're doing and they can service all relate all things related to fireboxes, whether it's a gas or woodburning stove, free standing stove, your traditional chimney with the regular fireplace, would the self feeding wood waste pellet stoves and for the wood burning units out there, whatever kind of wood burning thing you got, take advantage of the special don't let your house burn down get a woodburning sweep in evaluation for just one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine, a special that's still going on right now. When they will come over with a certified chimney sweep, do a full video camera inspection of your chimney to make sure there hasn't been any damage, like, for example, from a prior chimney fire. You may not even know that that happened. The creosode catches on fire, it can very well burn your house down. You don't want that happening, So while you're not using it, get it serviced so you can comfortably, safely and with confidence enjoy that fire when the temperatures drop down to fireplace temperatures five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred. Book your appointment online and learn more about what they do and what they sell on the showroom. Go to Chimneycareco dot.
Speaker 2: Com fifty five KRC. We all remember