Speaker 1: Hudson River Radio dot Com.
Speaker 2: I got back a gunner rue that maga.
Speaker 3: Got Yeah, recall it, go back guy that with the egg, John cap.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is Jesse Carmichael from Room five.
Speaker 5: Hi, this is Phil Margo of the Tokens.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: It's Nicole Atkins on the Rock and Roll History Show.
Speaker 6: Hey, everybody, welcome back to the Rock and Roll History Show on Hudson River Radio. I'm Brian Horowitz. We have an interesting topic that I am not even going to attempt to explain. I'm gonna leave that to the Crambone who came up with it. But before, yep, we jumped in confused. Uh yeah, yep, that's why I'm not touching it. We're gonna let the expert explain it. But before we jump in, allow me to introduce all the Crambones joining us here tonight. First and foremost, from the Richter Observatory. Do you think it's rude to get invited to a funky little shack and then be expected to bring your own jukebox? Money?
Speaker 5: What's that? What's all that about?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: How you doing? Everybody?
Speaker 6: From paranormally yours. She says that jurabil is actually short for jur Williams, Gail newcomers here, Oh my one from the silver screen. She saw a Roman centurion walk into a bar and order a Martinez. The bartender said, you mean a martini, and the centurion said, if I wanted a double, I would have asked for it. Mercedes cantas here.
Speaker 8: Okay, you're you're on tonight.
Speaker 9: Oh thank you.
Speaker 6: It's all Daniel from here, so enjoy you. Wall last, our officially retired teacher. He went to the pharmacy and asked for deodorant. The pharmacist asked ball or airsol said neither. It's from my armpits. John Kelly is here.
Speaker 10: Oh, good evening, everybody.
Speaker 6: Good to be And last, but not least, the host of shaving cream. She says, a zombie making a stir fry is a dead man walking Barbara Wow.
Speaker 1: And while he's busy cooking, I'm running.
Speaker 6: All right. Yeah, you want to get your human flesh up to what is it, one hundred and forty degrees to make sure you kill the Yeah. Yeah, so I've heard all right. So tonight's topic was courtesy of Mercedes, So I'm going to turn it over to her to explain it, and then she's going to lead us off as well, so take it away.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Brian. This topic was not very hard songs with UGH. You know that song.
Speaker 11: You've all heard that, many of these songs. I'm gonna talk about what I'm.
Speaker 8: Going to talk about the history of UGH.
Speaker 2: I don't know there was a history, all right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: It wasn't like the first word ever, it was.
Speaker 2: The first song word.
Speaker 6: Nowadays, I think the first word is can I speak with your manager? Yeah?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 11: So the UH has been a very long has a very long history. According to Masterclass, that rhythmic guttural ugh is one of the most powerful non lexical vocalizations in modern music history. Often referred to by musicians and musicologists as a vocal grunt, rock grunt, or rhythmic exclamation, it serves multiple artistic and structural purposes across genres.
Speaker 8: The ugh so am I doing it right?
Speaker 11: Is deeply rooted in gospel blues and early rhythm and blues. It transitioned from a raw, spontaneous burst of emotion into a highly calculated musical tool. In traditional Western and South African music, singing has never been limited to clean or pretty melodies. When Africans were enslaved and brought to the American South. These vocal traditions adapted to survival.
Speaker 8: The music.
Speaker 11: The musical UGH, I keep doing it differently was born directly out of backbreaking manual labor. As work songs evolved into the blues, early recording artists brought the raw physical sounds of the field into commercial music. Early Delta blues players like Charlie Patten or Blind Willie Johnson would pepper their lyrics with gravelly grunts and uugh sounds to simulate the physical strain of their lyrics. You can hear in Screaming Jay Hawk and songs and leader James Brown changed music history by turning the grunt into a formal arrangement. James Brown weaponized to the ugh or ugh right on the downbeat or the backbeat, replacing traditional lyrics with pure rhythmic punctuation. From there, it was picked up another genres of music, pop with Michael Jackson, who was also heavily influenced by James Brown, heavy rock like Metallica and ACDC, and hip hop with rapper Master P who I don't know.
Speaker 8: So that's the history of it all right, Pretty crazy, huh.
Speaker 6: There's a lot to it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it goes way, way, way way back.
Speaker 6: I remember my college experience. I took a public speaking course, one of the best classes I ever took, and doctor Pete Baker was the professor. He had an UH chart, So anytime you got up there you said uh so uh. Somebody's job was to market it on the piece of tag poster board. So and boy, you learn how to not say uhs and ums and the fillers, the brain fillers, you know. Yeah, long story, yeah, long story. Short. Silence is fine. It lets people have time to absorb what you're saying. But the uzz and the ums take you out of the moment. And yeah, when somebody's there tallying up the number of times you say it, you stopped pretty quickly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it also gives you a moment to think, Yeah, it does. So it's it's good all around.
Speaker 5: You know, it's too late now. But if somebody had had the foresight to actually copyright the uh or whatever, you know, grunt, they would be making millions, because absolutely the royalties would just be rolling in. But I guess it's it's it's too late now.
Speaker 6: It is, well, you know, the most of the bag the most famous annoyed grunt anybody is you dope? From The Simpsons. Sim Homer was written in early scripts as annoyed grunt and Dan Castellanetta came up with dope, and it's now in the dictionary.
Speaker 5: In the dictionary, everyone knew, you know, they knew it. They knew it instinctively, that that was what it meant, you know, yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 6: Imagine inventing a word.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 5: That's well, I've created.
Speaker 14: A few, you know, we all, yeah, we've all uttered a few in our day.
Speaker 6: I meant more academically speaking, but yes, we've all had our bourbon related vocab Larry, Yes.
Speaker 5: Creative cursing is you know? Oh yeah, I excelled in that. That was the best class I had. Creative cursing. Nice, Yes, and so and so immediately got sent to the principal's office.
Speaker 11: So yeah, so you all heard me do perform the word. Let's go around the room and hurt here everybody else's.
Speaker 2: Can we do that?
Speaker 6: Okay? Okay, who's first?
Speaker 8: Brian? You're first?
Speaker 6: Can I go with dope? Is that taking already?
Speaker 5: Nice?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 8: John?
Speaker 11: Oh okay, different different kind of grunt, Gail, Oh yeah, yeah, I think you got to take it down a.
Speaker 6: Couple of.
Speaker 2: Please. Look you're talking to no, no, I.
Speaker 8: Mean lower, lower and pitch. That is what I meant.
Speaker 1: Guttural.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 15: Oh, let's got the voice fry to bar.
Speaker 8: Oh you sound pissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just I'm just waiting for Brian, when we're all done with this, to make like a SoundBite of all of us doing this and then change the order and keep doing it.
Speaker 8: I just I just know he's going to you mean like jingle bears with dogs.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, yes, now you've given him ideas.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I'm waiting for it, Neil, what do you get?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's exasperated.
Speaker 5: That's how I wake up every morning and face the day. I see the sun out, the birds are chirping, the clouds, the sky is blue.
Speaker 15: It's interesting, though, because not all languages use h for uh. Some use actual words, like in Spanish they use esta, which is weird because you're going estay. That's complicated for me. French is eh, Sheerman is m. Japanese is anno or eto. I can't even pronounce the one for Mandarin Chinese. But yeah, some languages use an actual different word.
Speaker 6: But they all have that that space filler. Yeah, let your brain catch up to your motor back to do cuche.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hear it like that one. Okay, So.
Speaker 5: Can I go? Please?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 11: So I'm going to talk about Prince, and oh what do you say about Prince? I quickly realized that after starting my research that it would be almost impossible to include everything about him, his influence, his incredible talent.
Speaker 8: So I will do the best.
Speaker 11: In a short amount of time. I saw Prince multiple times and I am so grateful. The first time was at the Ritz in New York City, and I just read this about the performance. Prince's iconic performance at the Ritz in New York City took place on March twenty second, eighty one, during his Dirty Mind tour. During his rendition of the provocative song Head, Prince sat and writhed on a prop bed, pushing the boundaries of stage performance. The March twenty second show is a legendary moment in early Prince history. The audience for this particular night famously included Mick Jagger and Daryl Hall. Jagger was so captivated by Prince's raw, funk driven stage presence that he invited Prince to open for the Rolling Stones later that year. I did not know this at the time, but I was there.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool.
Speaker 11: Prince born Prince Rogers Nelson was and that was really hurt for me. An American singer, songwriter, musician, dancer, actor, and filmmaker. He came from a musical family and he wrote his first song, Funk Machine, at the age of seven, on his father's piano. He was signed by Warner Brothers Records when he was eighteen, and his first LP for You, was released in nineteen seventy eight. On the album, Prince wrote, produced a range, composed, and played all twenty seven instruments so often. Wet, which was the album's lead single, became a minor hit on the Billboard Chart one hundred, peaking at number ninety two. However, it became a top ten hit on the Billboard Hot Soul Single Chart, peaking at number twelve. In October nineteen eighty, Prince released the album Dirty Mind, which contained sexually explicit material and was described by music critic Stephen Thomas Erlewine as a stunning, audacious amalgam of funk, new wave, R and B, and pop fueled by Grinningly Salacious Sex and the Desire to Shock. I was actually given this LP when it was released from an old boyfriend, and I honestly didn't quite know what to make of it at the time, but I do still have it. In October nineteen eighty one, Prince released the album Controversy. In nineteen eighty one, Prince formed a side project band called The Time. The band released four albums between nineteen eighty one and nineteen ninety, with Prince writing and performing most of the instruments and background vocals, with lead vocals by Morris Day. In late nineteen eighty two, Prince released a double album nineteen ninety nine with a new band called The Revolution Who Can Forget Wendy and Lisa, which sold more than four million copies. Princess Little Red Corvette was one of the first two videos by black artists, along with Michael Jackson's Billy Jean played in heavy rotation on MTV Pretty Interesting. Then, of course, there was the Purple Rain soundtrack. According to his manager, he was required to find him a star role in a feature film, which resulted in the film Purple Rain. The album Purple Rain sold more than thirteen million copies in the United States and spent twenty twenty four consecutive weeks at number one on the Billboard two hundred chart. The film won Prince an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score and grossed more than sixty eight million dollars in the US. And you know, obviously that would be a lot more today. At one point, Prince simultaneously had the number one album, the number one single, and the number one film in the United States, being the first person to achieve this.
Speaker 2: If you can, if you.
Speaker 15: Get ahead, that song Purple Rain rabs me every single time.
Speaker 11: I know, I know, I mean, I feel like that way about most of his songs. But and if you can't tell I'm a huge fan, you picked up on that by now.
Speaker 8: There's so much more.
Speaker 11: But let's get to the song kiss from the album Under the Cherry Moon, which was also a film but didn't do as well and received a Golden Raspberry Award. Although many critics later changed their opinion, Kisses ugh is the quintessential for me.
Speaker 8: Let's hear it, don't have to.
Speaker 5: Do me, do me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna show you it's so hard. You don't have to be rich to be you don't have to be cool to do all he not particular side all the batable.
Speaker 4: I just want jose extra.
Speaker 16: Time and your.
Speaker 2: Kiss.
Speaker 3: And you've got to not talk to the baby. You won't I press me. You can't be to sir the MoMA. I don't have to undress me. Yeah I want to be. I have to say maybe you could be married.
Speaker 12: You just leave it.
Speaker 17: Oh luck to we could have good don't have the bach, don't have the big mobile the boy want at the time. Yo, jesus, Oh thanks, you go and list they.
Speaker 18: Got that gott.
Speaker 19: Women loue mall shut their rule marbles.
Speaker 3: Actual think not a shoe, such a shoe son.
Speaker 2: Make a week soon. The talk.
Speaker 3: You don't have to watch the speaking in to head and attitude.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 3: To me my love be awfoo.
Speaker 4: Yeah you don't bu kiss.
Speaker 11: So let me just speak to my fellow crambones for a moment. Y'all talked through the ear so I heard one.
Speaker 10: I mean we have to hear it again.
Speaker 6: We got the gist of it.
Speaker 11: There's one very specific one that is an absolute. A few more facts that you might not know. His underground vault at Paisley Park, which Brian tried to go to and didn't.
Speaker 8: It's going to give you there's a story, didn't well.
Speaker 6: Number one all right, it was Minneapolis. We were out there for farm Eide. It sold out, but it was so stupid expensive that even if it was available, I don't know, but.
Speaker 8: That's okay, I would have gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So the underground vault at Paisley Park contains a massive collection of music. Archivist knows that there is enough completed material to release a new posthumous album every year for one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: Allow music.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and if you wanted to get anywhere near that, it costs even more. Oh, I bet you could knock on the front door for a hundred bucks or something like that. I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 11: Prince secretly gave away millions of dollars to charities, family members of civil rights victims, and community tech initiatives on the condition that his name never be revealed. During his lifetime, Prince also composed music for other artists, including Manic Monday for the Bengals, I Feel for You for Chuka Khan, and Nothing Compares to You for Snead O'Connor. He was a devowed Jehovah's witness who even went door to door. One woman in Minnesota tells of the time that he knocked on her door and started in on religion, and she said, you know what, into a Jewish household, and this is.
Speaker 8: Not something I'm interested in.
Speaker 11: Okay, because after his passing in twenty sixteen, there was no will found. In addition to his full sister, Prince's five half siblings also had a claim to an estate totally millions of dollars in cash, as well as real estate, stocks, and cars. Within three weeks of his death, seven hundred people claimed to be half siblings or descendants.
Speaker 3: Of course, that gets an uh from me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is it too late to your name to the list.
Speaker 11: Prince is often credited as a major influence on modern popular music and was the quote unquote, the greatest musician of his generation. According to Billboard, Simon Reynolds called him a pop polymath, which I had to look up. It means he knows. He's got a wide range of knowledge, flitting between funk ddelia, fronkadelia, funkadelia, acid rock, deep soul, schmaltz, often within the same song. In twenty sixteen, Simon Reynolds said Prince's eighties evasion of conventional gender definition speaks to us now in this transware moment, but it also harkens backwards in time to the original rock and roll in racial mixture and sexual blurring. Prince was known for the strong female presence in his bands and his support for women in the music industry.
Speaker 8: Throughout his career. Slat said that.
Speaker 11: He worked with an astounding range of female stars and quote unquote promised a world where men and women looked and acted like each other. In twenty twenty three, Billboard ranked him at number sixteen on their list of the two hundred Greatest Singers of All Time. In nineteen ninety three, during negotiations regarding the release of the Gold Experience album, there was a legal battle between Warner Brothers and Print over the artistic and financial control of his music. He appeared in public and explained that he had changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol to emancipate himself from his contract with Warner Brothers, and that he had done it out of frustration because he felt his own name now belonged to the company. That symbol has a name, by the way, it's the love symbol.
Speaker 8: Number two.
Speaker 11: Since the symbol did not exist on computer keyboards, Warner Brothers sent floppy discs to media outlets containing a digital rendition of the image. Course, most people referred to him as the artist formerly known as Prince. He released thirty nine studio albums during his lifetime, alongside numerous live and posthumous projects. In nineteen ninety five, the album that he released, The Gold Experience, had a song title The Most Beautiful Girl in the World, and Prince had a contest where girls would send in their pictures to be in the video, and we actually interviewed the winner on the silver screen.
Speaker 5: I remember that. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 8: She told us all about.
Speaker 11: Being terrified, very excited, and Paisley Park.
Speaker 6: All right cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Tom Jones did a version of Kiss that Neil mentioned while it was playing, and I think I like the Tom Jones version better. Did a weird Aldo a version not yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah, very good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what would it be called? Hiss?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Kiss did a song was called Prince.
Speaker 6: This I appreciate. All right, thank you, Mercedes, good leader. I was good and a challenging topic.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it really was.
Speaker 6: It was it was John, You're.
Speaker 14: Up, okay, I was kind of puzzled by this topic, Mercedes. You know, it kind of forces you to put your thinking cap on to kind of figure out. And I had had been off the show for a few weeks, so I was kind of thrown this and I wasn't quite sure of the origin of the context, and I was like, where the heck can I go with this? So I what I found for Better or Worse was a song from nineteen sixty four from a garage rock band called The Novas. Now, Neil, I must say that the song that I chose for tonight was also recorded by the Ramones. However, this is not the Ramones version, So this is the song of the Crusher. It was recorded by the garage rock band the Novas from Dallas Fort Worth. They were only they were only around from nineteen sixty three to nineteen sixty eight and the only I believe, recorded seven or eight songs. They were hugely popular in the North Texas area, all high school kids and whatnot, and they disbanded and when they went to college and that was that. So it'll be really interesting to see if these guys had stuck around together.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 14: A couple of their members were forcibly pulled from the band because their parents were upset with them.
Speaker 6: Go figure, and.
Speaker 9: But yes, yes, so.
Speaker 10: Could you imagine doing that in the seventies. But you know it's the song of the.
Speaker 14: Crusher was about a boxer and let me see if I get his name straight.
Speaker 6: It was a.
Speaker 11: Excuse me, John, did you say they released six or seven songs or six or seven albums?
Speaker 14: Six or seven songs? I believe, Oh wow, Yeah, it was a garage rock band. I wanted to go a little obscure for my selection, so rather than go with something like the Ramones or something like that, So the song itself was where I Gotta find it here.
Speaker 5: You don't think this was obscure to me, though, do you?
Speaker 14: No, not in the least, Not in the least, Neil, Are you kidding me? It just saying, oh please, nothing is obscure to you, Neil. I could go back to Roman times and I am sure you would be familiar with the track.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me just say.
Speaker 14: Anyway, it's the original track with a tongue in chic owed to a nineteen sixties professional wrestler, Reginald the Crusher Thesowski. So it features a raunchy over the top vocal delivery imitating the wrestler's signature grel and instructions for a fake dance craze with the recurring line, do the hammer lock, you turkey nicks. So why don't I leave it at that and let's play the Crusher by the Novas.
Speaker 13: Do the hammer lock, I do the hammer lot. Do the hammer lock, you turkeyacks. Yeah, do the hammer lock, the hammer lock. Everybody's doing.
Speaker 4: Duty.
Speaker 7: I gods, Candy, I God, I got you turkey nags. Yeah, I do the I go, I do, I God, everybody's doing.
Speaker 13: Okay, your turkey nucks.
Speaker 5: Had a round.
Speaker 9: I really know you how to do that crusher, Na, just not learn that job.
Speaker 7: You gonna get here the ring. Okay, I'll take your profess and that's put it out of your waist, now have you dog?
Speaker 13: They're gonna bear that.
Speaker 7: Spray if I just wake your crocker's head, just.
Speaker 13: Fload of place that crusher. Know that crushers, show your turny nucks. You can't do that crusher.
Speaker 14: Everybody now, okay, the crusher by then Nova's Now. I think I detected a little bit of grunting and groaning in that track there.
Speaker 5: Mercedes with that kind of Okay, there might there might have even been some words in there too, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I could swear I heard the term do the I ouch.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I just I'm just picturing horrified nineteen early sixties parents, you know, who are still in that fifties vibe, you know, And I could see that, you know, some mom pulling her son from these guys because she was afraid he was gonna, I don't know, do some drugs and brock and roll for God's sakes.
Speaker 5: Now, it's interesting. It's interesting too that right around the same time the Surfing Bird song came out by the Trash. Yeah, so it was in that vein of just absurdity. Really.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, completely, But I'm kind of sorry these guys went off to college. I have to do a little more reason to find research and find out whatever happened to these guys.
Speaker 10: But anyway, the Ramones did the recorded a version on their studio album Adios Amigos, written by D D Ramone under the moniker D D King.
Speaker 6: Do I have that right there, the Wizard of.
Speaker 5: Ugg Yeah, the well, yeah, they're their version that the lyrics are different, but it's based on the same character. The crush and it was sung written by d D. But it was sung by their then current bass player CJ Okay Ramone. So yeah, and d D King was his rap name, and that lasted all of about one album, and and that was about all anybody could really.
Speaker 8: You did you did a song from his rap album?
Speaker 5: I believe so he did.
Speaker 8: He did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think mashed Potato time he did that, and it's no and you know, yeah, as far as rap goes was a great punk rock bass player.
Speaker 14: Well, I I first, I first, of course, when I was doing my research for this, the Ramones pop right up. But in true what I have learned from my my, my dear Crambones here on the Rock and Roll History Show, Let's dig a little deeper, and I found the novas and uh and there you have it, folks. So I hope you can take a listen check it out on YouTube. It's actually a real fun parody song. And h just don't try to sing along. You might crack your vocal chords.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you don't have laryngitis, you will, exactly.
Speaker 8: I'm so curious what they look like. Do they do they dress for the part?
Speaker 14: No, they're they're typical early sixties teenagers. They're very think uh, I think early Beatles, real, you know, real clean cut. I'll send you guys a picture but funny. Yeah, oh yeah yeah, real classic. Then you could see the picture and try to imagine these kids doing those guttural skin of screeches and you know, but hope you all enjoyed this little blast from nineteen sixty four and then the late great Novas the Crusher.
Speaker 10: So thank you, Mercedes. You forced me down a rabbit hole.
Speaker 6: Appreciate that.
Speaker 18: Love it awesome?
Speaker 5: That was great.
Speaker 6: That was a good one. All right, Let's take a quick break. Let you reset your ears for a minute, and we have lots more coming up, So stick around Hudson River Radio. Your dog likes us.
Speaker 8: This concludes the first part of this cassette. Please turn the cassette over and begin again on side too. This is Hudson River Radio dot Com.
Speaker 6: Ah y, give me uh Gail.
Speaker 15: That is a truly hard act to follow. There's nothing quite like John's presentation just now.
Speaker 2: And that song mine's kind of boring compared to that. Wow.
Speaker 15: I chose a song by the Pixies and they started they they're from the United States. They formed a band in nineteen eighty six in Boston, Massachusetts. They were active from nineteen eighty six to nineteen ninety three, and then back again two thousand and four to the present. The original lineup was Black Francis on vocals and rhythm guitar, Joey Santiago on lead guitar, Kim Deal on bass and vocals, and David Lovering on drums. They're associated with the nineteen nineties alternative rock boom, and they drew on elements including punk rock and surf rock, although from what little I've heard of them, I don't really.
Speaker 2: Think that. I don't know where they get the surf rock because I don't hear it.
Speaker 15: But anyway, oh, their music is known for dynamics, loud quiet, loud shifts, and song structures kind of like when you're watching TV and the actual program you're listening to, the dialogue is very very quiet, and then the commercial comes really loud.
Speaker 2: Which is not supposed to do anymore.
Speaker 5: That was like, that was that the what if you want to call it genre or whatever, that idea was. Nirvana did it all the time. That's where it started to blame them, is what I'm going to say. Yeah, okay, that's it sounds soft and all of a sudden he steps on the you know.
Speaker 15: Black Francis is the primary songwriter. His often surreal lyrics cover such cheerful topics as extraterrestrials, incest, and biblical violence. The Pixies only found the modest success in the US, but were much more successful in the UK and elsewhere in Europe. Their alternative rock sound influenced acts such as Nirvana, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, The Smashing Pumpkins, and Wheezer. The way the group picked their name was when Joey Santiago selected the word Pixies randomly from a dictionary, liking how it looked and it's definition as mischievous little elves. Actually that should be mischievous little elves. Uh. The song I chose called Hey almostly oh, but it's you know, there isn't uh in it.
Speaker 1: It's not just hey, it's like schoolhouse rock interjections.
Speaker 2: Yes, introjects. Yeah.
Speaker 15: So Hey is from their second full album, which was called Doolittle, as in Doctor Dolittle, and that was recorded in the last six weeks of nineteen eighty eight. Dolittle had a much cleaner sound compared to the raw sound of their first first two releases, largely due to the production budget of forty thousand dollars, which was quadruple that of their previous album. Doolittle was their first album to enter onto the Billboard two hundred, peaking at ninety eight in the UK. The album was a commercial success, reaching number eight into the Billboard two hundred. In early nineteen ninety three, Black Francis announced this guy apparently had no emotional intelligence because he announced in an interview with BBC Radio five that the Pixies were finished without telling the other band members.
Speaker 6: That reflects back to the mischievous part.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess they all said.
Speaker 15: Yeah. He offered no explanation at the time. He later called Santiago and notified Dale and Lovering via fax. Look so rude, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised they didn't like come for him afterwards.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, not too passive aggressive now, So let's hear.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, been trying to meet you.
Speaker 18: Hey ask me a devil between us.
Speaker 19: Moors in my head? How hor in my bad?
Speaker 2: But hey, where.
Speaker 15: Have you.
Speaker 10: Be?
Speaker 4: If you go?
Speaker 2: I was shut it down?
Speaker 15: Shut h.
Speaker 4: Named which by.
Speaker 19: Age, butcher cha back to Butcher.
Speaker 20: H sit the man to the lady, lady to the man, she a guard and the horse like a mile.
Speaker 4: Nights and marreth you tired about this up?
Speaker 19: Yes? Sound I come by?
Speaker 16: Thence on a man of ride? Which which which witch? Witch?
Speaker 19: When ship? Which?
Speaker 15: That sounds kind of like, oh rough, maybe stream of consciousness thing going there to me?
Speaker 2: They did have a couple of in.
Speaker 8: There, Oh yeah, clearly besides hey, okay, oh so.
Speaker 15: They're influenced by a number of different artists and music genres. Each member came from a different musical background. Some of their influences are Slash were, Who'scardu, Captain beef Hart, who I never heard of, Neil probably heard of, uh yeah, because Neil knows everything about.
Speaker 5: Rock, not everything, almost Iggy pop.
Speaker 15: Ri Em, The Beatles, White Album, Buddy Holly, Black Flag, David Bowie, t Rex, Elvis Costello, and the list goes on. Most of the Pixies songs are composed and sung by lead singer Black Francis. Critic Stephen Thomas Lwin has described his writing as containing bizarre, fragmented lyrics about space, religion, sex, mutilation, and pop culture. This particular song is known as a gritty blues influenced rock ballad about the chaotic and dark realities of a turbulent relationship. Frank Black Who that's that's what Black Frank took as a name when he when the band split up and they all went and did you know solo things?
Speaker 11: Wait, he went from black Frank to Frank Black.
Speaker 15: Uh, Francis Black Francis to Frank Black Okay, a little confusing. He has described it as an R and B slow jam, rooted in rumors and stories he heard about his parents wild younger years.
Speaker 2: Alrighty.
Speaker 15: Then the lyrics explore the themes of infidelity, jealousy and unresolved longing. The protagonist feels inextricably chained to his lover, acknowledging the toxicity and distractions. Now the distractions were metaphorized as shall we say to be more family friendly? Ladies of the night in my head and constantly pulling them apart. So that's thinking about his parents. Oh my goodness, wow wow. The album was an instant critical success and became their breakthrough album. It was very well received in Europe, where the British Music weeklies Melody Maker and Sounds named it their best album of the year, and on its release, Do Little Relief. Do Little reached number eight on the UK Album's chart. It has sold consistently since its release, and numerous music publications have placed it among the top albums of the nineteen eighties. I had never heard of them until like four years ago, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 15: It charted at number one seventy one on the US Billboard two hundred and it sold steadily in America, breaking sales of one hundred thousand and the lineup because you know, bands seem to go through changes in line up and there's it would have taken forever to tell about who did what and when and came back and left and butt On this particular song, Black Francis is on vocals, rhythm guitar and acoustic guitar, Kim Deal is on bass, guitar and vocals, Joey Santiago is on lead guitar and backing vocals, and David Lovering is on drums.
Speaker 2: And Mercedes or Neil Do you have anything to add?
Speaker 5: Not particularly. The only song I really know by them is called This Monkey's Gone to Heaven, which used to I'd hear it on the radio. But I think that what was one of the singles from that album.
Speaker 2: It was the main single from it had to do with.
Speaker 15: The environment and what was happening to the environment.
Speaker 5: And I also know yeah, Kim Deal went on to be in a band called The Breeders, who had, you know, some relative success.
Speaker 2: Cannon Ball is one of their singles.
Speaker 8: I really like that song me too.
Speaker 5: That They're very provocative, They're very you know, they're very they make you think.
Speaker 2: But that's good sometimes, No, of course it is.
Speaker 6: Gives me a headache when I have to engage this part.
Speaker 2: Thinking is underrated.
Speaker 6: It's such a pain.
Speaker 2: That's all I got.
Speaker 6: That was a good one. Barbara brought to you Okay, Well.
Speaker 1: I have chosen the song Boogie with Me, sometimes known as simply Boogie by John Hartford. He was born John Harford on December thirtieth, nineteen thirty seven, and he later changed his last name to Hartford because chet Atkins, who signed Hartford to RCAA Records in nineteen sixty three, thought it would sound better professionally and advised him to Hartford was an American folk, country and bluegrass musician and composer, also known for his excellence on fiddle and banjo, his witty lyrics, unique vocal style which you will find out soon, and his extensive knowledge of the Mississippi River lore. He was born in New York City but spent his childhood in Saint Louis, Missouri, and he was a descendant of Patrick Henry and a cousin to Tennessee Williams. The Mississippi River was a profound influence on his career and music. He got various jobs on the river, beginning at age sixteen, eventually earning his steamboat pilot's license. He worked on the river until nineteen sixty five, when he moved to Nashville as he felt it was time to prioritize his music career. The following year, he signed with RCA Victor and released his first album. After being inspired by the film Doctor Jivago, he wrote and recorded the song Gentle on My Mind and included it on his second album in nineteen sixty seven, but it only achieved moderate success. However, it caught the attention of everybody Glenn campbell I thought so okay who recorded it, resulting in even more extensive success and later becoming one of the most widely recorded Country Songs of All Time, earning four awards to two of which went to Hartford. The royalties from the song gave Hartford financial independence, and he then moved to the West Coast and became a regular on The Smothers Brother's Comedy Hour, a regular on The Glenn Campbell Goodtime Hour, The Johnny Cash Show, and various other TV and music performances, including playing with the Birds on their album Sweetheart of the Rodeo. In nineteen seventy one, he signed with Warner Warner Brothers Records, which gave him more freedom to record in a non traditional style, which he preferred, and this style eventually evolved into what is known as newgrass. He recorded several albums, including Aeroplane and Plane is spelled p lai N, which featured the song Boogie with Me. So let's pause here and for your listening pleasure, I present Boogie with Me.
Speaker 12: Uh uh uh, Hey baby, wanna boogie boogie woogie woogie with me? Hey Baby, I wanna boogie boogie woogie woogie with me a week and boogie over here. We can boogie over there. Come on, babe, we can boogie everywhere. Hey baby, I want a boogie, boogie, woogie woogie with me. Hey Baby, I want a boogie boogie woogie woogie with me. A week and boogie in the house. We can boogie in they are. Come on, baby, it ain't very hard, Hey babe, I want a boogie, a boogie woogie woogie with me. Hey baby, I want a boogie, a boogie wogay ogay with me. Hey Baby, I want a boogie, a boogie wogay woogie with me. Awaken, boogie in the living room, boogie and the Dan. Come on, baby, let's do it all again.
Speaker 9: Aye, baby, I want a.
Speaker 12: Boogie, a boogie woogie wogay with me. Boogie woogie woogie with me?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Hartford's success on the Smothers brother series landed him and offered a star in his own detective TV series. Now, I don't know where you listened to Boogie with me and say, hey, this guy would make a great TV. But yo, that's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 8: However, he turned it down to move back.
Speaker 1: To Nashville to further his music career, and he recorded more albums and developed a stage show than went on tour recorded several songs for the movie soundtrack of Brother Where Art Thou, which resulted in another Grammy win. His final tour was in April of two thousand, when he found he had lost control of his hands due to a prior diagnosis in the eighties of non Hodgkins lymphoma. And he passed away on June fourth, two thousand and one, at the age of sixty three, and he's buried in Nashville. He has a star on the Saint Louis Walk of Fame and a posthumous President's Award in September two thousand and five. There was also an annual John Harford Memorial Festival held in Southern Indiana from eleven to twenty nineteen and again in twenty twenty two. Couldn't I thought, maybe they broke, you know, they stopped due to COVID, But I couldn't find anything to substantiate that. And just what made me really happy was reading about like what a free spirit he was and during his lifetime, once he actually gained the financial independence that he saw it, he was actually able to periodically return to the Mississippi River and you know, use his piloting license except for fun and give people rides and dance around with them. And that just made me happy to know that he spent a good part of his life doing that and he had the time to do that.
Speaker 8: So that's it. That's what I got.
Speaker 1: And as soon as I heard this song, when I was fine trying to find a song, I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, this is the one. All I can say is wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's the most unusual one so far. I would say tonight, Yeah, we'll see what happens. But yup, you're at the top of the list right now. Why don't we take a second, real quick break and we have two more and we'll see what happens after this. Hudson Riverradio dot com.
Speaker 4: Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 6: And welcome back, Neil. We're gonna turn it over to you.
Speaker 5: What do you have for us? Well, I'm still I'm still grooving on the Crusher and the boogie boogie song there so, but the song I've chosen for today's topic is called Sonic Reducer by the band The Dead Boys. Now Sonic Reducer is considered a classic in the punk rock genre. The Dead Boys were an American punk band from Cleveland, Ohio, and were among the first wave of punk bands in the late nineteen seventies. They were formed in nineteen seventy five by vocalist Steve Baters, lead guitarist Cheetah Chrome, rhythm guitarist Jimmy Zero, bassist Jeff Jeff Magnum, and drummer Johnny blitz Now. The band moved to New York City in July of nineteen seventy six on the advice of Joey Ramone, and he quickly get a following at places like CBGB's with their lude and profane live performances. They are regarded as one of the most outrageous groups of that era. Now. The song Sonic Producer was written by Cheetah Chrome and David Thomas while they were both in a pre Dead Boys band called Rocket from the Tombs Now. Incidentally, David Thomas would go on to form and front the band para Ubu for the next fifty years. The song was recorded by The Dead Boys with lyrics rewritten by singer Stive Baters, and it's the leadoff track on their nineteen seventy seven debut album, Young Loud and Snotty. On Sire Records.
Speaker 6: Boy Love It, Uh.
Speaker 5: Young, Loud and Snotty because I Like to Say It Again charted at number one on the Billboard two hundred of that year, November nineteen seventy seven. Now, by the way, that debut LP was produced by the legendary Gania Raven, who was a member of one of the first all female bands called Goldie and the Gingerbreads back in nineteen sixty three, and she's currently a DJ on Little Stephen's Underground Garage on Sirius XM. Okay, let's get down to it. As far as the grunts and groans go, now, the first one appears at about the one minute mark after the first verse in chorus. At that point, singer Stiff Baders sounds kind of like he's hacking up a hair ball. Then right before the guitar solo, he lets out an awesome scream and then sounds like he's vomiting, And then right the end of the song, stay tuned for that because that's where he really starts blowing chunks. Oh my God, Sit back and enjoy if you can, Sonic by.
Speaker 9: The Dead Boys.
Speaker 18: I don't need that, it won't don't need no moment. Dad don't need no food advice, don't need no realm or nice. I've got some news to you don't even need to do.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I got a damn scene, got my noronic drive, sonic soup.
Speaker 18: Ain't gonna lose out, you goma something put us out. Ain't gonna lose up. Sure, big bull light on the streets. They don't know I I watched.
Speaker 3: Them from my room and they are just passed it by.
Speaker 21: But I'm not, she said, A worm said, I'm not just sad a walk that. I got my dumb machine, got man that shonic train.
Speaker 5: Sid produce up.
Speaker 9: Ain't no lose out.
Speaker 4: Goma something to do so, so, ain't nonna lose up.
Speaker 22: Don't be a favorite suit root from some drunk too, thinks will be different there, the sun will last from here.
Speaker 15: Let out be tepee time and yell be nothing at all.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I got my down machine, I got my lept tynish trish tn to do so.
Speaker 4: I ain't known use up.
Speaker 3: You gonna song to do so? I ain't known use out.
Speaker 18: I gonna song son.
Speaker 1: To do so?
Speaker 5: Did you catch him on d you hear? Did you hear them all?
Speaker 6: I think so? I don't think I got them all.
Speaker 5: But well, I mean, I admit that Stive Bader's entire vocal delivery sounds like he's having a Grandmall seizure anyway, So it's kind of.
Speaker 2: The style back then.
Speaker 6: Well, of course, I don't know how you could do a whole concert with that just shredding your throat and then do it again the next day, and that sounds painful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well somehow he pulled it off.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Dead Boys released a second studio album called We Have Come for Your Children a year later, in nineteen seventy eight. Now, this one was produced by a man named Felix Popallardi, and he had previously produced the LP Wheels of Fire for Cream and also played bass in the band Mountain. So kind of a weird combination there, but good credentials. Yeah. Sonic Producer has been covered by bands like Guns n' Roses and Pearl Jam, and was sampled by the Beastie Boys on their song an Open Letter to New York City, and it has appeared on numerous punk rock compilation albums. Any compilation about punk rock worth its salt, It's got Sonic Producer in it. The album Young Loud and Snotty was ranked at number seven on a Rolling Stone magazine reader's poll of the ten greatest punk rock albums. Now. After the Dead Boys broke up in nineteen seventy nine, Stiff Baters formed a band called Lords of the New Church in nineteen eighty one with the dam's original guitarist Brian James. Now you will be more mainstream than the Dead Boys. They definitely had more commercial success. Now. In nineteen nineties, Steve Baders died in Paris, France from injuries sustained after having been hit by a taxicab. Not believing that he was seriously injured, he refused to go to the hospital, returned to his apartment, and died in his sleep at age forty. Now now I'm just going to go off script here a little bit. Now. He was also known if you can believe it, to take drugs like heroin. Really yeah, can you imagine?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I know, but one thing heroin apparently can do. I wouldn't know. This is something I am not familiar with. I have heard that it can cause like anemia, you know, like that you can bleed out easily. So if he had internal injuries.
Speaker 6: And it's also a treats paind so somebody who was completely sober would probably be in a whole lot more pain than he was.
Speaker 5: But I've also heard that was the whole thing was kind of like a cover. It was a straight up od and they just said that the kind of I don't know, it's too bad he's gone, and that you know it's forty is no joke, no, now, believe.
Speaker 15: It or not.
Speaker 5: I go on record, I never saw the Dead Boys perform in their prime. Now I've admitted I'll tell you anyone I have seen, but i'll tell you when I haven't seen them either. I never saw them live in their in their heyday, so to speak. But back in two thousand and five, the surviving members reunited to play a benefit show that tried to save CBGBs from closing. Obviously that didn't work, but I was at that show and they had Stiff's leather jacket hanging on the mic stand out in front, and at one point they announced, we're not the Dead Boys, we're what's left of the Dead Boys, so they knew who the who the main guy was. Now, I've also seen Cheetah Chrome play on his own more in more recent times, like at Joey Ramone's birthday bashes, and just a couple of years ago with Mercedes, we saw him in New York City with an obviously much younger band calling themselves the Dead Boys, in which Cheetah was the only original member. And I'll be you know, honest, I was personally kind of underwhelmed. But whatever, that's what you get in two thousand and twenty somethings. So there you have it. So that's my story. Now go to a concert, agreed.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna say something that I'm not sure is true, but I'm pretty sure it's true. I used to run the night club at f I T. Fashion Institute Technology in Manhattan.
Speaker 8: And I hired them.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, they played for us for.
Speaker 8: Me one night.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 8: And then they went in.
Speaker 11: I showed them the dressing room. I had just gotten T shirt a T shirt order in uh probably I don't know, three five hundred dollars worth of T shirts, probably three back then, but boxes and boxes of them.
Speaker 8: They took them all.
Speaker 5: That does not surprise me. I don't right, for some reason, I'm not that.
Speaker 11: I don't know how they got past everybody They're just like, how do you walk out with these big boxes?
Speaker 2: But they did?
Speaker 5: What were they the T shirts of them? Or T shirts for the club?
Speaker 8: The club's T shirts?
Speaker 5: Oh so my T shirts for yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, So have you seen any of the T shirts since?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No or something?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because if you could trace it back, you know, you may have some good stories there. Yeah, they have to be out there. There have to be a few left.
Speaker 8: I mean there was a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Wow, yeah, all right, lesson learned. Don't leave anything you don't want stolen.
Speaker 8: In a band stressing room, in a bands stressing.
Speaker 6: Room, Yeah, a punk band stressing room. No, not a good idea.
Speaker 5: If it ain't nailed down, it's it's going yeah.
Speaker 6: All right, Well that's gonna be hard to top, so I'm not going to try. I'm going to just completely change direction. We're going to start with a Russian baritone singer named Edward Keel khi L, often anglicized to hill hi L. He was born in nineteen thirty four. His parents split up, and he wound up living with his mother. He was a young child in school at the start of World War Two. Keeping mind World War two started in Europe before the United States was involved, it was already underway. Edward was in school, supposedly kindergarten, and his school was bombed. He survived and he was evacuated with other students, but unfortunately that separated him from his mother. He wound up in a children's home with other displaced kids. They barely had enough to survive, but some of these children still found joy in performing and singing for injured soldiers who were in makeshift hospitals nearby, so they made the most of what they had. When he was nine, he was finally reunited with his mother. He would then go to school to learn how to be a printer, and then at twenty one he started at the Leningrad Conservatory as a voice student. A vocal student. He graduated from there in nineteen sixty and at this point Russia was now part of the Soviet Union the USSR, which is why those of us of certain ages had to do those ridiculous air raid drills in school. If you remember, if you don't know what I'm talking about, you have to go stand in the hallway with your hands over your head, like this was going to stop the Russian invasion. The Soviet invasion so okay. So Edward did well in operatic roles, but he became interested in popular music, and that is what made him a star in the Soviet Union. He won a bunch of awards and did well for himself. I don't know if he got a Peace Prize or not, but he got a bunch of music awards. In fact, the government set actually let him go out on tour and he toured over eighty countries around the world to help showcase Soviet talent, because that's what they did at the time. He was very good at connecting with audiences. He had a great sense of humor. He had a charm about him, a very distinctive voice, and he was always smiling. By the nineteen nineties, his popularity kind of waned a little bit, but he was always working. For example, he moved to Paris and he sang in cabarets in you know the Paris area, so those type of venues. He never stopped working. Back when he was a student in the conservatory, he got married to a fellow music student and they were married for the rest of his life. They had one son, who was also a musician, and unfortunately, in twenty twelve he died of a stroke in Saint Petersburg. So set Edward aside for one second. We will come back to him shortly now. There was a Russian composer named ar Katie Ostrowski who was born in nineteen fourteen. He died in nineteen sixty seven. He was known for writing what is termed lighter music, stuff like lullabies, children's songs, adult songs with like a simpler melody, you know, like an acoustic guitar kind of thing.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Lighter music doesn't mean easy or simple, it just means light, lighter themes and that kind of stuff. He was working on a tune that he titled I Am Very glad as I am finally returning back home, which I'm hoping is just much shorter in Russian because by the time you're done saying.
Speaker 8: That you're home already not very catchy.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm sure it sounds better in Russian, but I really have no idea. The lyrics for the song were based on a poem about returning home to the American West, stuff like wide open spaces, fresh air, mountain views, trying to make the buffalo extinct, all that kind of stuff that the American West was known for. Edward Keel was supposed to perform the song on Soviet television in nineteen seventy six. Now this is where the story kind of we're not really sure. There are three possible sets of facts that may have happened at this point. I think each of them has a bit of truth to them. You tell me what you think. Number one, the Soviet government said, don yet yet. Yet they would not allow a happy song about the United States to be aired because everybody in the United States is a bunch of capitalist pigs and that was not going to happen. Remember, everybody was bad mouthed on the other side. So Soviet Union said, America is miserable and awful, and they were not going to allow a happy song to be done on TV propaganda. Uh huh, goes both ways. Number two Edward himself had hinted in interviews that the lyrics were kind of stupid and not fit to be published. Yet, which, all right, given the title maybe yeah. Number Three. Ostrowski, the composer got into an argument with the poet slash lyricist about which is more important the music or the lyrics, each of whom thought their part was more important, and the argument got so heated that Ostrowsky basically told the lyricists to take his lyrics and stick them where the sun don't shine. Whichever version or combin of these three things, the result is that the piece was rewritten as a vocal lease, meaning that the melody stayed the same, but the lyrics were removed and were changed to nonsense syllables. So this vocalese version is what Edward Keel wound up performing on TV in nineteen seventy six, and it was a hit, so much so that Edward adopted the stage name that was given to him by the audience, mister Trollo low, based on the nonsense syllable low troll lo t r o l o l o. Mister trollo low, he just as opposed to.
Speaker 11: La la correct sound sounds better in German, I mean Russian?
Speaker 5: Does it?
Speaker 6: We'll go with that.
Speaker 5: Trilo la sounded to Americans.
Speaker 6: It did. I think trollo lo capitalist peak. Now chances are you've seen a clip of this performance because it started becoming viral in twenty ten when it was rediscovered and put up on YouTube, and it was making the circuit around social media to the point where Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, and even Family Guy each did a spoof of this. Colbert loved it because this guy was just smiley and so full of joy, which I think is great. So I'm gonna stop talking now and we are going to listen to I am very glad as I am finally returning back home now better known as Trollolo.
Speaker 9: No no no no no no no no no did oh holla no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: And there you have it, Crambones. I turn it over to you for your commentary.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna this this picture that you sent of this guy singing this song. I'm using this as your contact photo.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you I have no words, and apparently neither did he neither does the song.
Speaker 3: So mm hmm.
Speaker 8: It was kind of fun to hear once.
Speaker 6: It's a bit of a rock and roll move to be like, I don't need your lyrics.
Speaker 3: To see what you get.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 5: I want to know did he sing it the same way every time or did he just kind of make it up as you went along.
Speaker 6: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: I don't know, and who.
Speaker 6: Would know generally a vocally something like that. It's written out, the syllables are actually written out, so it would be the same. But with him his background and pop music also, who knows, maybe.
Speaker 8: Roopies and roadies know.
Speaker 5: I know it was before the age of teleprompters, so that that would be of no help, you know. Or if you had it on the music stand, what would it? Saya la la la.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So that's it. I have nothing more to add on that one. I don't think there is anything else to add.
Speaker 5: Yeah there are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, I hope I fulfill the assignment.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 11: Everybody's pick was fabulous.
Speaker 6: All right, So that means it's a good time to pull the plug right before things go further downhill. So let's do that, all right. Everybody take your uh's with you on your way out the door. Mercedes, good topic that was. That was a lot of homework and I don't mind that.
Speaker 9: I liked that. That was good.
Speaker 6: Nice job to everybody, and thank you all for joining us for the Rock and Roll History Show on Hudson River Radio. Don't forget to subscribe in your favorite podcast app and check out all the other shows we do at Hudson River Radio because there is something for everybody. We'll be back next week with another brand new episode. Until then, have a great weekend and peace out. Everybody, come a rock cop.
Speaker 3: Bottom of rum Okay, Bye bye
Speaker 6: Hudson Riverradio dot Com a subsidiariya of Glacier Entertainment LLC, potentially successful to multi hundred dollars corporation