Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty KFI AM six forty Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: It is a Taco Tuesday, Rainy Taco Tuesday, March eleventh, And before I dive into what happened with the LAPD and give you a little bit of handle history.
Speaker 1: Neil, what's going on with Wango Tango?
Speaker 3: Iheartradios. Wango Tango is returning to southern California. It's headed to the beach. What a great way to celebrate Saturday, May tenth at Huntington City Beach. Wango Tango's all star lineup will feature performances by and this is a killer lineup. You've got dojakat Megan Trainer, You've got n Mix and more, Hearts to Hearts plus performing at Sunset Who, Orange County's very own Gwen Stefani. Tickets go on sale Friday, March fourteenth at ten am at AXS dot Com.
Speaker 2: Okay, now moving on, And this is a story of racism within the LAPD. And this has been going on since the turn of the last century. LAPD has a reputation of being quite possibly historically the most racist police department in the country and maybe in the South, they were more but for a fairly liberal area, although southern California has been at times pretty conservative and so for the better part of a year, an LAPD officer working in the recruitment office secretly recorded dozens of conversation in which fellow cops well racist and derogatory comments against black police applicants, female colleagues, lesbian and gay coworkers. One Latina LAPD officer said, you hit black people in the liver.
Speaker 1: I heard they got weak livers. Whoever said that? You've ever heard that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I've heard every racist rant against African Americans out there.
Speaker 1: We all have really weak livers.
Speaker 2: Another described a Latina janitor to her colleagues as a wet back that we've heard. One referred to a female supervisor as a gay ass bitch. Black people enjoy grape soda soda. Another Latino officer black people enjoy watermelon in between basketball. I mean, you know, insanely racist remarks. And these are recruitment people they're trying to while the lap is trying to bring in minorities. This is what's going on. So these officers are in big, big trouble. Not only the officers who hurled this invictive stuff. But also there was a lieutenant supervisor who heard it and didn't do anything. So they've got some issues. But I want to go back and talk about the LAPD. The LAPD since its inception has been known, has a history of astounding racism. My favorite racist story, and it's not particularly racism per se. This is not in terms of race, but this is a socioeconomic kind of racism that during the Great Depression, the dust Bowl Oklahoma, where people were starving to death, the farmland disappeared in these huge dust storms, so you had a lot of these oakis. That's where that term comes from. From Oklahoma driving in their dilapidated old trucks, their pickup trucks piled high with furniture. LAPD stopped them at the border of Nevada and California and Arizona and New Mexico, stop them right there at the order not letting them into la because they were Okie's and Los Angeleos didn't want them around. We've had police chiefs that were members of the q klux Klan, even storied police chiefs. William Parker, for example, who was police chief for twenty years and is Parker Centers named after him.
Speaker 1: A racist of the first.
Speaker 2: Water and a ton of officers caught making inappropriate remarks and straight out beating African Americans. Rodney King was not aberrational. There is a huge history of that. What happened with Rodney King is it finally became plu public things like Chief Daryl Gates, another police chief revered by the rank and file, declared blacks might die from choke holds because their arteries do not open as fast as normal people.
Speaker 1: He brought in choke holds. He also he started with when.
Speaker 2: Female officers first started going into the force. He wanted women and men to be held in the same standards in terms of their physical ability. And he said that the reason that lesbians are allowed in and going after lesbians is only lesbians with good upper body strength. I mean just insanity, the stuff that goes on. And so here you have a history and you've got at least remember the Christopher Commission with all the misgivings. By the way, the FEDS took over LAPD for a while, it was so bad. So I hope this is going to change big time, and I think it will.
Speaker 1: I think it will. The fact is that a cop recorded that.
Speaker 2: You know this blue silence, you don't report you protect other police officers.
Speaker 1: That's sort of going by the wayside.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's a law now that if police officer sees what's going on and doesn't report it, that's a crime in and of itself.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of the things.
Speaker 2: And I don't know where the hell Neil is, but I wanted to bring him into this because he cooks with eggs.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I had an omelet.
Speaker 2: I made an omelet, and what did I pay for a dozen eggs? Ten bucks for a dozen eggs?
Speaker 1: Isn't that? Isn't that special? Well?
Speaker 2: Bird flu hit in twenty twenty two, right, the Avian flu, and since then, one hundred and sixty six million egg laying eggs hens have been quote cold, which is another way they've been killed. It's like, you know, for example, putting your dog to sleep. You do not put your dog to sleep. You have your dog killed. I mean, that's the bottom line. Aren't I special?
Speaker 1: With that?
Speaker 2: The price of eggs is predicted to climb forty one percent higher this year after climbing like crazy, So it's my ten dollars egg price is going to be fourteen dollars this year is boy, that's special.
Speaker 1: So what are people doing?
Speaker 2: I mean, eggs have gotten to the point where either they're not buying eggs, using fewer eggs, going to restaurants where some restaurants are charging a surcharge if you have an egg dish, Well, how about backyard chicken.
Speaker 1: Raise your own chickens. That's a simple solution.
Speaker 2: And if you look at backyard chicken forums on the internet, it has exploded. Story on Saturday, Brooke Rowlands, the new Secretary of Agriculture, in a Fox and Friends interview, said that raising backyard chickens is an awesome solution to high egg prices. Okay, so an interview was done, a story was done with someone who did start a backyard chicken flock. Now, if you're raising them just to have chickens pecking around and you like chickens, or you're blind and when a train of seeing eye chicken.
Speaker 1: That is not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: If you're doing it to get eggs, they're going to be the most expensive eggs you will ever ever buy in a lifetime. Because let's go through what's going on chicken coops. That's kind of mandatory a thousand bucks, give or take, unless you want to build your own the chicks themselves. Egg laying chicks are about seventy bucks, and then they grow, and then you have to feed them, and so a heating plate to warm the birds because you gotta have to keep them warm. Then about seven months after you buy the little chicks, you get your first egg. And eggs are seasonal because around November the chickens slow down and then until March there are no longer any eggs, so you got a few months of springtime laying. If you have your own chickens, unless you have your own industrial chicken farm that you have these huge warehouses with artificial light and kept to a certain temperature, then you are going.
Speaker 1: To be able to have your own egges.
Speaker 2: And the thought of the price is just astronomical. Why wire eggs or used to be such an inexpensive way to have protein. I mean, eggs are great food well economies of scale. Eighty five percent of the table eggs in the country they are from hens in industrial houses that contain fifty thousand to three hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: Hens each each big facility.
Speaker 2: Some of these farms can have up to six million of these chickens. The Department of agri Agriculture refers to any farm with fewer than ten thousand eggs as smaller.
Speaker 1: Now, a backyard flock of three to twenty hens, please, doesn't even show up. It's not even a speck. Now.
Speaker 2: Back in the early nineteen hundreds, when we were a grarian society, eggs did come from smaller flocks, and it was typically the housewife who raised eggs and sold them to her neighbors. And those days are gone, Neil, So let's talk about eggs for a moment.
Speaker 1: You're Are you still using eggs?
Speaker 2: Are you paying ten bucks a carton for a dozen eggs like I do?
Speaker 1: Nine something? Yes, indeed we are.
Speaker 3: We still have them, and we haven't switched to different proteins or anything like that.
Speaker 1: What can you do at that price? Even in a bucket egg? What do you do? What do you mean? I mean, what do you do to supplant it?
Speaker 2: If eggs are protein and you are, what you're doing is supplanting that protein with some other protein or egg?
Speaker 1: Still a decent deal at ten dollars a dozen?
Speaker 3: I think so, But that you know, our household may be different. Than other people's households. So for us, it's an easy way to do it. You could still you could supplement with beans. Beans are a great protein. You could supplement with meat and add these different types of things into your But for us, the amount of eggs we eat it makes sense, and it's fine, it doesn't It's not like we're plowing through them, you know, and having you know where we're getting carton after carton after carton, carton will last quite a while here.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Usually I don't pay attention at the supermarket. I don't. It's just not something I do.
Speaker 2: I just throw things into the cart because you know, I make enough so it's not going.
Speaker 1: To affect me.
Speaker 2: So there's two things I pay attention to. One now the price of eggs, and two when I have a barbecue and I go to Costco like the other day and there was some prime beef and I was gonna barbecue at my daughter's house at twenty six dollars a pound, then I paid attention.
Speaker 1: And with eggs I pay attention. Yeah, I'm not really.
Speaker 3: I only pay attention to know what's going on because of the show. But my wife is very much she has three or four different grocery stores, including Costco, Smart and Final and the like, and she goes to them based on cost and pricing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and unfortunately they're Unfortunately there are more and more people that really do have to be concerned with cost because food has gotten to be so dear.
Speaker 1: But I still a good bargain. It's same with milk.
Speaker 3: The cost of milk goes up and down, but when you think about what you're getting, the nutrients, the vitamins, the protein in these things, to me, I think it's well worth it.
Speaker 1: I'd rather cut back on something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm a big milk drinker. In the morning with my coffee, I drink milk. And I always buy homogenized milk as opposed to raw milk because I don't want to die because crazy people out there believe in raw milk. Although I do buy raw eggs.
Speaker 1: Go Fike.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but you don't eat them that way, Rocky.
Speaker 1: Some do.
Speaker 2: Some people you know, suck them up, put them in blenders and make egg drinks and things.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, story about the Pardons.
Speaker 2: And as as strongly as I felt about the Pardons, which I thought were completely insane, not all of them, but certainly, you know, pardoning the cops. You know the people who are January sixth insurrection, who were beating up cops, some with an insure of their lives, all pardoned, all of them heroes, all of them patriots, all of them hostages. There was no legitimate arrest or conviction. It just didn't happen. As we know.
Speaker 1: Well it's it's.
Speaker 2: Taken another step and this one man, I mean, come on, okay. In twenty twenty one, the skuy Elias Constianus was the FBI raided his house and they found cocaine to stop costerone. I guess he had some issues marijuana, scale guns.
Speaker 1: Prosecutors said he was a drug dealer. He was also armed.
Speaker 2: Now he said he was merely supplying himself and friends. So last September, a federal judge sentenced him to a year and a day in prison. He pleads guilty to possessing a gun while using illegal drugs. But Costianus brings up a new card and this is on appeal right now. He was part of the Capitol riot on January sixth. President Donald Trump had pardon him for that, and he's saying that the pardon also covered his gun conviction because the FBI raid was related to his actions on January sixth, and guess what the government did.
Speaker 1: Department of Justice agreed with him, said.
Speaker 2: Yep, that pardon extend did to what you were picked up for seven cases around the country. Department of Justice has argued that separate criminal actions uncovered by the investigation in January sixth are covered by Trump's pardon, and unrelated charges, usually for illegal gun possession, should be dismissed. Now in these cases, federal prosecutors initially opposed wiping away those unrelated felony convictions. They argued on appeal, you can't do that because they're unrelated. That's what federal prosecutors did Washington, d c. And within weeks they changed their mind completely, reversing themselves, saying that they receive quote, further clarity on the intent of the presidential pardon from the Justice Department, saying the president intended to pardon Costianus for crimes activities not related to that specific day. Now, the executive order that he signed pardoning about sixteen hundred basically everybody, the sixteen hundred January sixth defendants, says right there in the executive order, the pardon applies only to convictions for offenses related to events that occurred at or near the United States Capital on January sixth. Okay, Now, his lawyers and the Justice Department now are arguing that this was Trump's intent to basically pardon him, to incorporate all of it, and the courts should defer to the executive's reasonable interpretation of the pardon language.
Speaker 1: Now, it's with the courts, right, it's with a judge. Department of Justice is right there.
Speaker 2: The position of the government is that those January sixth defendants are were heroes, they were all patriots, they were all hostages, and they are all victims of the weaponization of the Department of Justice. And the position of the department is that crimes that are quote not related, they're saying are related.
Speaker 1: And when the judges are asking saying, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: You are arguing that this was the president's intent, and this is too the Department of Justice, and they're saying, yep, this was the president's intent. Based on what it's the president's intent, because we say it's the president's intent, and it is up for us to make that decision based on what we believe was the president's intent. By the way, the White House isn't saying it was Trump's intent. Even the White House isn't gonna go that far, but the Department of Justice is. And you know, just here's one Jeremy Brown by his misdemeanor of January sixth was dismissed, but he was convicted in twenty twenty two of possessing classified material illegally possessing short barreled guns live M sixty seven hand grenades.
Speaker 1: All discovered during a search.
Speaker 2: And he is arguing, after your sentenced to seven years, he appealed, the conviction is now awaiting oral arguments, and the government is on his side. And you have his defense attorney and the government saying yes, the pardon included those charges, even though he was convicted separately, and originally the prosecutor said, no, this is separate, and he was prosecuted and convicted. Now the government has changed his mind and said the pardon includes pardoning him.
Speaker 1: So it's the judge. She's gonna go no matter of fact.
Speaker 2: The judge asked his lawyer why that pardon covered the Florida case, his Florida case, and the attorney for the Just Department said because the Department of Justice has determined that it covers that, and the judge says that is not a completely satisfactory answer. So you know, I mean, can it get any crazier? I mean, I will reach the point where anybody who is a Trumps supporter gets off the hook. If I get convicted of a federal crime, I'm going to prison. If I stand here or sit here and I talk about what a great guy Trump is and how God really did save him to save America.
Speaker 1: I'm off the hook. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now a story about the Trump administration and going after folks that they don't like, and in this case, for the most part, I sort of agree and disagree. And this happens to be with dealing with the case of Columbia University student Mahmud Khalil, arrested by Homeland Security for his participation in the pro palest Indian demonstrations on the Columbia campus. President Trump said this would not be the last one. He said, we know there are more students at Columbia and other universities across the country who have engaged in pro terrorists, anti Semitic, anti American activity, and the Trump administration will not tolerat it this is Trump. In a social and social media post, the Education Department said Monday yesterday it sent letters to sixty schools warning of potential enforcement actions if they don't fulfill the obligations to protect Jewish students, and Columbia has become a ground zero. The other thing that Trump administration does. You can kiss goodbye for one hundred million dollars worth of grants and contracts Columbia has. Now, this is an issue of someone who has a green card, whose wife is an American citizen, who's still a student at Columbia graduate program, and he was arrested for what he did. Here's his problem is he occupied the library at Columbia. His organization stopped Jewish students from going to class.
Speaker 1: Graduation was canceled because of this.
Speaker 2: Now does he have the right to stay here pending a conviction. Absolutely, And a judge just agreed with that because he was about to be deported. But the issue is, oh, it's First Amendment. First Amendment. Hey, occupying libraries is not first Amendment. I mean, you may think it is because you have a legitimate bitch, but I don't buy it. By the way, to Palestinian pro Palestinian students and people have a right to They can protest all they want. Can they go on campus, No, they're trespassing. Can they occupy buildings, No they can't. And Trump, who is a big fan of Israel, has delineated anti Semitism as the poster child of what he wants to do in terms of political discourse.
Speaker 1: And political opposition. He says, I won't take it. It's all there is to it. Now. The universities, frankly, have been.
Speaker 2: Anti Israel universities, the professors have been pro Palestinian across the country.
Speaker 1: That's just the way they roll.
Speaker 2: They're super left wing, and for some reason, the left wing loves the Palestinians and hates Israel because of the occupation, because of the underdog, and for so many people. By the way, if you ask him, the occupation has been going on nineteen forty eight, when Israel became a state and Israel invaded Gaza, he'll say absolutely.
Speaker 1: Ask him about October seventh, that did well? Did that happen?
Speaker 2: And you deflect. I want to talk about the occupation. How about twelve hundred Israeli's murdered. It's the occupation.
Speaker 1: We have to talk about.
Speaker 2: And that's the part that just riles me because if you look at what's going on, have you seen one pro Palestinian organization talk about October seventh and not October eighth?
Speaker 1: One? I haven't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll buy the argument of occupation, you know, yes or no. Israel says it's for national security. The pro Palestinians, the Palestinians there argue it's about occupation and putting the Arabs down. Okay, I got it. You know it's a legitimate argument. But you know, admit what happened, Admit the murder of twelve hundred people, just arbitrarily, you know, admit that you're holding innocent hostages. No, no, no, it's all about occupation. So now, does he have a right to stay here penning a conviction? Absolutely, and then they should deport his ass. By the way, green card is not the right to stay here. The green card is a permission to stay here by the government, and it could be yanked at any time. Now granted for legal reasons, and there is a legal argument, but until there is a citizenship uhuh, you can be tossed.
Speaker 1: And if you are a citizen, you're an American citizen.
Speaker 2: But if you have applied under fraudulent circumstances, then you can get tossed. And I think as an American citizen, I don't think you can get deported. Even if you're arrested for treason or seditious insurrection I do, or seditious conspiracy. I think you still have to be tried as an American I think, and you can't be deported. Okay, enough of that. KFI AM six forty you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app