Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Bo Kelly. We are alive everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And as we look at the box office for this past weekend, it is a perfect example of why movie theaters will continue to struggle. We talk about there being a dearth of movies. In other words, movie theaters have fewer movies to even show, and the ones which are coming out are not staying in theaters for any real length of time. They're going straight to streaming after a couple of weeks. And the movies which are in theaters and not staying very long are not at the same quality.
Speaker 3: Let me just put it that way.
Speaker 2: The number one movie this week in all of America, and basically, you know, you come in right after a holiday weekend. There, I'm not sure everyone is even back in school as far as college, so there there's still a movie going public out there. And understand fires in California, but we're talking about the whole country. The number one movie was Flight Risk, the Mark Wahlberg movie, and I'm not so sure I want to see it wasn't released internationally, only grossed eleven point five million domestically eleven point five million. The number one movie. What does that tell you? And it was in thirty one hundred theaters. That is a wide release, thirty one hundred theaters. It means that people were not going to the movies at all. The number two movie was Move Faster. The Lion Key in its sixth week, brought in eight point five million for a worldwide total of six hundred and twenty seven million. And we talk about movie theaters need people to come to the theater throughout the week. It used to be theaters for open seven days a week. You're seeing more and more theaters only open let's say four or five days a week. They may be opened Thursday through Monday. They're not staying open the whole week, or they're not showing as many screenings of movies like they used to.
Speaker 3: Did you know that Mel Gibson directive Flight Risk? Yes? I did. I thought he was bad. I guess that's it. Mel Gibson is back. He is. He was never canceled.
Speaker 2: No, he was highly criticized for a period of time, but he never stopped acting, never stopped directing, was not excommunicated from Hollywood wasn't banned from any type of ceremony in the way that Will Smith was banned from the Oscars. Now he's an older actor, so I don't think it's fair to expect him to have the type of stardom that he once enjoyed when he was a part of the Lethal Weapon franchise, for example. He's not a leading man in that regard anymore. But it's not like he's ever stopped acting. Isn't he like ambassador to Hollywood or something. Now Trump gave him some sort of ambassadorship, But my point is he he never disappeared off the scene, so he was never canceled. Flight Risk was number one, luved Foster, The Lion King, number two, number three, one of them days, number four, Sonic the Hedgehog three. I don't care what anyone says, I just can't watch a Sonic Hedgehog movie.
Speaker 3: Just you know. That's where my son says it's one of the best movies of the year.
Speaker 2: I gotta draw the line of Sonic the Hedgehog and your eighteen year old son talking about the best movie of the year. Let's put it in context. Okay, Boos like started the Hedgehog stuff.
Speaker 3: It's one of the best movies of the year.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say that, Okay, not to the best movie the year, but it was really well done. If you've know the story, yeah, and I don't, and I didn't even play the game.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 2: Muana two was number five, still hanging around in its ninth week, surprisingly enough.
Speaker 3: But these are depressed totals.
Speaker 2: It's not like people are going to the movies in large numbers. That's why you have the number one movie only eleven point five million. There aren't any big movies coming for what another two weeks?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for February tenth Captain America. Yeah, and then after that it's another Dearth. It's another I think February, and then I think maybe March there's one, and then but then after that it's all the way till May.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's really difficult for theaters to stay in business, to pay the sixteen year old kid with acne to run the popcorn and also, you know, the cashier. It's really difficult for movie theaters to stay open seven days a week showing movies from let's say eleven am to eleven PM, when the movies are just not there. In terms of quality, in terms of appeal to bring people in seven days a week, that's a long time for a business to stay open for mediocre movies or movies which have already been in the box office for a number of weeks. Sonct the Hedgehog has been in theaters for six weeks. God bless them for them even keeping it in theaters that long. But people are not running to see Sonic the Hedgehog three and four times. Moana two one of the biggest movies of the past three hundred and sixty five days it crosses the year, but people are not lining up to see Mowana two anymore. That's why it only brought in four million this week, but it's still in the top ten. Yeah, this business model is not going to work for movie theaters going forward.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it's going to turn into.
Speaker 2: But we had a friend who was just talking to us in text, doctor Liz, who was talking about how she went to see The Brutalist this weekend said it was like three and a half hours with an intermission. I'm not doing that. I'm not going to a movie with an intermission that's three and a half hours long. That means it's a four hour affair, not including drivetime both ways. I would much rather, assuming I even wanted to see the movie, I would much rather wait three or four weeks and catch.
Speaker 3: It on some streaming service.
Speaker 2: Why, because the oscars are going to make sure that it's available for streaming.
Speaker 3: The Brutalist is a long haul.
Speaker 5: I watched it over the weekend and it took me a couple sittings to get through it.
Speaker 3: Can't do that. Can't do that. But it's really good. You got a pay attition, right, it's a terrific movie. Get to pay attention the whole way. It helps. I can't do.
Speaker 2: I can't watch it and do my laundry, you know, and rearrange my sock drawer, I change the linen on my bed.
Speaker 5: Maybe you could speed it up like a quarter speed extra, but I'm not sure you'd really get everything you should be getting out of it.
Speaker 3: It's worth seeing.
Speaker 5: But I too, you know, am given pause by a movie that takes.
Speaker 3: A half a day to watch. Do people actually do that?
Speaker 2: I see those speed settings, especially on Netflix, and I wonder if I've never sped up a movie to watch it because I was rushed for time it seems like it would throw off the rhythm of the dialogue and everything.
Speaker 5: You'd have to have absolutely no respect for the thing that you're consuming.
Speaker 4: I think it's more common with podcasts because it's just audio, so it's just speeds up there they're speaking, And the only time I've ever spent a video is like a YouTube like okay, let's get to the point.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I couldn't do it to a movie.
Speaker 2: They have that option on Netflix, you can do like, yeah, you know, one in a quarter one and a half times. I know. It's just if I'm going to enjoy a movie, then I'm going to enjoy it as it was intended to be enjoyed. If I have to rush through it for whatever reason, then I'm just denying myself the whole experience and an enjoyment of the movie.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll settle in then with some food, some hydration, some extra clothing for the brutalist.
Speaker 3: It is a long haul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm probably not going to watch it one because I'm not really big into what I call period pieces. I'm just you know, I'm just looking for escape action, and it seems like it's real, real heavy.
Speaker 3: It's got some heavy spots, but it is worth seeing. I'm looking for any nudity sex scenes.
Speaker 5: Well, I had a joke on Saturday Night that it looks like you may get to see Adrian Brodie's Little Brutalist. At some point I heard that. I said it was a Martin that you're a tiptoe. Yeah, that wasn't exactly what I meant. Well, I mean you said nudity, I would what do you want?
Speaker 2: Thank you for answering the question, but I'm just saying that doesn't enhance my desire to see the movie. Well that's what you say. Kf I AM six forty. We're live everywhere. Damn, Mark Ronner, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with you. Get him out of this too. You know all those nice things I said about him at the top of the shot, Take them all back, mo, you're the real brutalist.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And you may not have heard of the Allen Media group. You may be more familiar with the Weather Channel, or you may have may have heard of the media mogul Byron Allen but not made the connection. Well, Byron Allen, who owns Allan Media Group, has been receiving a lot of criticism as of late because Alan Media Group was going to going to layoff or reassign workers across all of its nearly two dozen TV stations, including Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS affiliates from California and Hawaii to Alabama and Arizona. And they had already announced this because they wanted to move in more like regional weathercasters instead of having the local ones in the individual markets.
Speaker 3: Think of it this way.
Speaker 2: Let's say they wanted to get rid of KFI, and you would just have a local Los Angeles or a West Coast radio news source something like that. You get rid of all the personalities, get rid of John Cobel, get rid of Bill Handle, get rid of Moke Kelly, yeah, I know, get rid of Garius Shaddon, and then they would have someone maybe in New Mexico or something, giving a regional forecast or regional news for Los Angeles and all the Western United States. That was what was going to happen, just for weather casters. And you can imagine the pushback against that has been tremendous. But because of that pushback, Allen Media reportedly will not fire local meteorologists after viewer backlash. And there are a couple of things that should be brought out about this, And I know that to Wallace talked about it from a radio syndication standpoint. I know Mark has talked about it from a news information standpoint. I just talk about it from an economics standpoint, where when big business, be a big tech corporations, when they have an opportunity to consolidate, they will. When they have an opportunity to pay fewer people or increase the workload of people for no cost, they will. That, unfortunately, is how capitalism works. We always talk about we live in a capitalistic society. We can't be socialist, can't be communists. Well, this is the other side of that. This is how corporations get down. Where why hire ten people to do ten jobs when I could have one person who could do those ten jobs. That's why you will see syndicated talent moving out local hosts in radio.
Speaker 3: That's why you will.
Speaker 2: See syndicated television shows and you'll get rid of your local programming. And you're going to see it in every facet of media, and of course with print media, it's you're seeing it exponentially, So they're just getting rid of getting rid of local journalists, local outlets. Remember, no, you wouldn't remember Mark because you didn't live here, but there was there were these smaller local papers like the La Herald Examiner.
Speaker 5: Well, they've been going extinct essentially ever since I started as a young baby reporter. I mean, it's been an ongoing extinction. And the thing you have to know is that the less of that you have, the less you know of, the less information you have to make decisions about your life. Because you know they're not going to be sending people to local city council meetings, school board meetings. Those are all local newspaper things to cover, and you need to know what's going on at those places because in the absence of holding people accountable, what do you get? You get cheating and corruption and people cut in corners and self dealing and all sorts of things you probably don't want.
Speaker 2: But see, that is journalism what it is performing at its best. Now we have corporate media, which is profit motivated, and I'm not saying that newspapers don't have a profit motive, but it's completely different.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they can have the motive. Yeah, but there's not a lot of profit. And we should point out to people who are you know, still in the fetal stage of development that networks used to regard the news as a loss leader. It was a public service and they didn't require it to make a profit. That's what all their other programming did.
Speaker 2: Yes, but now it's looked at and this is I think, correct me if I'm wrong. I think this is a result of the cable media phenomenon where people realize, wait a minute, we can we can make millions and millions of dollars of just telling people what they want to hear and just providing news air quotes in the form of entertainment as opposed to actually giving facts of the who, what, when, where, why and how?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: And I torture myself by going on YouTube and watching old clips of Edward R. Murrow and old school really capital J journalists, And it is torture when you hold it up against some of the idiot propaganda that we see that passes itself off as news today. But there really isn't. And you know, like when you hear about the kind of things that journalists are dissiplanned for, there was I think there was a weather lady who at a local station who was fired for on her own time criticizing Elon Musk's really obvious seguile salute and correctly accurately characterizing, oh yeah, please. There's no legitimate debate that it was anything other than that.
Speaker 3: But try to imagine what one like Edward R.
Speaker 5: Murrow or Walter Cronkite would say if somebody tried to discipline them for saying the obvious.
Speaker 3: Okay, because that's what that is. But there are two parts of that.
Speaker 2: You have journalists capital j who were disciplined for saying the obvious, and then we are then allowing the obvious to not be said, If that makes any sense, We're allowing all the egregious stuff to go by unchecked, unresponded to, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could talk about that all night. A good deal of what passes from modern news coverage is avoidance because people don't want to aliena watchers, readers, listeners, sponsors, instead of the old reporting the news without fear or favor, because you need to get people information that they need to have.
Speaker 2: I just wish we had a higher news literacy quotion where people understood what news was supposed to be what the rules is governing broadcast news versus cable news, And I say cable news and quotations, because if you're watching it on cable innate news, it's opinion and editorial and understanding the difference between the two and recognizing that if you're watching it on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News with varying levels of credibility, it's no different than Comedy Central in the Daily Show, because they're just giving you their take on the news, and they're highly filtering that's one word I'll put it, and curating.
Speaker 5: What is going to be covered. I don't think they're all equal. Your point's still well taken. I'm not interested in liberal or conservative news. I want news and facts. I want the powerful held accountable. I want information that's I want to know what's true and what's false, and we're not getting that. We are definitely siloed so that if you want, you can stay in your own bubble and only hear things that you want to hear. But that's not really any way to function.
Speaker 2: And going back to the Alan media story, this is not that, but it's very close to that. When you have fewer legitimate outlets which are giving you targeted and specific news relevant to you and where you are. Then you are more easily manipulated. There's no question about it. And you know, my very first newspaper job was at Gannette, which was known for buying up little papers and sort of McDonaldizing them. I can say this categorically. Media consolidation is always, always, without exception, bad for the consumer, might be good for the stockholders, not for you who just need to know what's going on. I'll put it in another context that I think people would more easily understand. Remember, once upon a time, you would turn on just in a music context, you turn on your radio and you'd have a playlist of songs that people in that particular area city or county wanted to hear. It's you calling in and I'm not going to get into payola, but still that playlist was largely curated for that particular area. Now you turn on the radio and you have a playlist which is curated by someone probably four states away, and all the stations sound pretty much exactly the same, exactly the same, playing the same music, and people don't have a broad appreciation of music because they're all hearing the same eighteen damn songs.
Speaker 5: That's no fun and it doesn't help anybody, and you know, you can translate it to all sorts of media. The reason that I still to this day will enjoy watching a little bit of Root sixty six, it's because all the regions looked and spoke and acted differently, and now almost every place looks the same, sounds the same, yeah, everything, yeah, and so does nothing but harm people. When you get rid of local personalities, local coverage. It's just bat all the way around. I can't think of a single thing to recommend it, except, like I said, if you're a stockholder.
Speaker 3: But there's got to be more to life than that.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's got to be a point at which you say, I guess I've got enough money to be okay for ten lifetimes.
Speaker 3: How about we just go with what we got not in this capitalistic society.
Speaker 5: I'm not against capitalism at all, but I think it has to be regulated at the point right before it starts to eat itself and kill people.
Speaker 2: It's weird for me because people will complain about the price of eggs.
Speaker 3: Let's tie it all together.
Speaker 2: Complain about the price of eggs, you complain about the price of milk, You complain about how the rent is too damn high, and then you don't realize, well, this is what you want. This capitalism is about winners and losers. It's a sum total game, you know, it's a zero sum game. If someone is going to be making more money, someone is going to be making less money. And if you find yourself always complaining about, oh my gosh, everything is so damn high, don't blame the government.
Speaker 3: That's what you ask for. This is what you want. You know.
Speaker 5: There's no ideal ending point to the type of rapacious capitalism you're describing.
Speaker 3: M h.
Speaker 5: I mean there's there's there's no point where you win. It's like you've always got to grow no matter what, and there's there's no stopping it. And that's where regulation comes in.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're talking like quarterly earnings meetings and things like that.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, that language that I don't really speak very well. I get that stuff in the mail from my four oh one k's and it just goes right into the shredder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's later with mo Kelly. Let's lighten it up a bit when we come back. Let's talk about erection. Honey, can if I AM since forty. Yes, erection honey, thank you? How did say erection comma honey?
Speaker 3: Oh? Erection honey? Back to you, Darling only on Late with bo Kelly?
Speaker 2: Can they make a turn like that talking about the seriousness of capitalism?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm kind of glad I'm not on the club scene anymore. In fact, many times I'm really glad I'm not on the club scene anymore. The stuff you have to watch out for, man, it's really changed in over the years or so. There's a warning out there is a deadly new drug out there which is being sold as a quote unquote natural afrodisiac, except this lace with viagra. It's called erection honey. That's the name, Not erection comma honey, just erection honey. Packets of honey laced packets of honey comma lace with erectile function drugs such as viagra are being sold as an all natural afrodisiac, and they're being seized in record quantities right now in France. But the trend will probably spread here. No pun intended authorities have warned customers they are taking serious risks by consuming the honey due to its potentially deadly effects. French customs officials said last Monday that a record thirty one thousand tons of the illegally imported honey but tainted with drugs like viagra, was seized in the country last year thirty one thousand tons. The packets of honey and gels sold as shots or sticks with names like oh Gosh, they did not names like black Horse and biomacs are often sold surreptitiously in clubs and other nightlife spots. Use of the afro desiac honey has increased in recent years, but very very dangerous. They often complain contained chemical products like sidental phil and tadalaphil, the main substances in viagra and sialis, and in twenty twenty one, health authorities warned of several cases where the honey had caused convulsions, cerebral edemas, and acute kidney injuries and erections lasting long than four hours. France's customs office that the honey was seened was mainly entering by ship from countries including Malaysia, Turkey, Tunisia and Thailand. The biggest fine was made in the Mediterranean port city of Marseille, some thirteen thousand, thirteen tons worth worth about eight hundred and sixty in around eight hundred and sixty thousand sticks in a shipment from Malaysia.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of a lot of sticks, A lot of sticks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, is a risk. I'm trying to be ready this time. You were only ten seconds late. You might see some erection. Honey timings everything erection, come honey. If you take too much, you risk epileptic seizures, hemorrhages, or kidney problems, hemorrhages. Yeah, it didn't say it could have been brain hemorrhages.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know them at any hemorrhage is probably bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is because the dose isn't regulated, like you just take a pill normally. But you could just like say, let's cover this whole bagel with the honey.
Speaker 2: Probably because as far as I know, they're ingesting it.
Speaker 3: They're not swabbing it and lathering it all. Nevermind.
Speaker 2: In France men men usually can be treated for EDI for a variety of options. But I guess this is a sexual way to go about it, where you just ingest the honey, and you're ready to go, put in a little tea.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Younger people are going for this in a big way, according to trends, thinking they can match the performances to be found on porn sites because we all know porn is real.
Speaker 3: That's so wild and sad.
Speaker 2: You know what, when I was in my clubbing days, there were always pills around. Yeah, you could find coke. Ecstasy was real big backs then, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I never had any desire.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I could have gotten I could have gotten there for free, but I saw too many people lose their jobs, lose their lives, lose their livelihoods, falling prey to drugs.
Speaker 3: So I never had any desire to specifically viagra. Well, for me, it's all one thing. It's drugs.
Speaker 2: So if you're trying, if someone is giving you some sort of mind altering or body altering substance in a club situation, for me, that's an absolute hell.
Speaker 5: No, at least put on a white lab coat. Okay, don't just like give me a pill from some dude.
Speaker 2: It's not even a pill, it's at yeah, you squeeze it in and yet like not to like victim shame.
Speaker 4: But it's like you're really just gonna buy someone something from someone in a dark club like that.
Speaker 3: But then again, people, yeah, people do.
Speaker 2: They buy that stuff from people they don't know, with effects which are not quite known. And obviously the dosages are not regulated. But wait, I just thought about this. I just thought about this. Is this so that people are having sex in the clubs? Because if it's an afrodisiac and it's for so are.
Speaker 3: They getting it in on the dance floor? Look, all I can say is how can I say this? Say it carefully?
Speaker 2: Okay, in my wayward days, many many years ago, there were some times in some places I'm not exactly proud of. But there is more than a couple club bathrooms which might have memory of me. That's okay. Don't take a black light into those rooms. Well, hopefully they'd clean them in the past thirty five years. Maybe you bleach, you know, in the nineteen nineties at some point sand blasted and at the speed that the clubs shut down, it's probably not even there. Yeah, most of the clubs I went to in the nineties, I'm sure they're gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gone.
Speaker 2: Red Onion, mister j all the blacks, all of them. Magantine, Well, Florntine Guards is still there.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's Hollywood Boulevard absolutely is Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never done anything in Florentine Gardens.
Speaker 3: I love that nature.
Speaker 4: I honestly thought that was just like a bare building until I actually had drop someone off there and it was packed on a Saturday night.
Speaker 2: This is the thing I can't understand about the Hollywood Florentine Gardens.
Speaker 3: It's just the biggest dance floor.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is now, but when I went there, it was just a big warehouse dance floor and bars on the opposite end.
Speaker 4: And it's the only one that I've been not been inside, but when dropping someone off or picking them up where it doesn't look appealing on the outset, it looks like just this old rundown building.
Speaker 5: It's always looked like that. Back of the day, it just had lights on it. I think they had bright lights on it, different colors up in the pillars.
Speaker 2: But it had a great promotional campaign with power Onintal six back in the day. It was like everything that power onetal six was doing, it was they were doing it at Hollywood Florentine Gardens's back when.
Speaker 5: They were like a dance station, like dance Debbie Dab that kind of stuff. All right, So this is kind of a naive question, but wouldn't taking one of those honey packets make dancing a little unwieldy and awkward unless it? Yeah, I mean, look, if you're if you're taking the erection packet, you obviously want whoever it is you're dancing with to know what you're working with, to know what time it is, and to signal that it's time to as Mo would say, head to the bathroom. Need to know what time it is, like a sun dial something like that. As you're dancing, figure, you know there's a song, there's actual song, too close the song you know by next something fill my nature rising And it's surprising, girl, you know what time it is?
Speaker 2: Something doesn't sing much? But I get, you get. But I wonder do twenty two year olds even dance anymore?
Speaker 3: Like together?
Speaker 5: They don't slow dance, they do groove. They experience that thing that we used to have called modesty. Oh hells okay, modesty No, that went out in like nineteen eighty seven. Ish.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, all I see is couples.
Speaker 4: You can tell when it's a couple, or it's a group of guys group of girls, still like it was back in the day. I don't know what they're doing inside, but it's like, you know, they still go in groups.
Speaker 2: So I can only imagine what these dating apps, the whole swipe left and swipe right phenomenon and people just from what I hear, I honestly don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never been on any of these dating apps.
Speaker 2: What I hear it's very easy to hook up with someone.
Speaker 5: Because now every single profile is literally in bold print. I'm not here for the hookup. I'm not DTF, keep it in your pants, don't send me any And I'm like, have all of you been scarred?
Speaker 3: Poor women? What is going on in the world? That's true?
Speaker 4: And then there's ones that do say like, oh, not here for a long time, here for a good time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's a couple of those, but those are usually bots. Yeah, because it's broken English. Yeah, yeah, I don't know how Like your son, Tuala, his world of dating doesn't make sense at all.
Speaker 3: No, it just makes no sense, very weird.
Speaker 5: Just tell him to stay home and keep the brutalist on a loop. No, no, no, it's like every other day he's going to hang out.
Speaker 3: He's like, so after work, I'm gonna go hang on.
Speaker 5: My friends are gonna go to this bar or go to this spot, and was just gonna hang We're just gonna hang.
Speaker 2: We kind of did that back and then when we went to the Red Onion, we didn't have any money, so all could do is hang out.
Speaker 3: But we actually danced back then.
Speaker 2: That's how That's how we had the opportunity to meet women, you know, because if you could dance, and you could, you know, if you had moves, then they knew you had moves.
Speaker 3: They knew you had horizontal moves. Yes, exactly. That wasn't a joke. That was dead serious. I'm being serious. But okay, we got.
Speaker 1: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on Demand.
Speaker 2: Last segment, we were having a discussion about dating. I'm just you know, really narrowing it down dating and how it's changed over the past thirty years or so. I don't know if courting is still a thing to guys actually try to court a woman, try to date a woman. I mean, what's the whole mating process these days?
Speaker 3: Just doesn't make it.
Speaker 4: These sense from what From what I see, it's basically, yeah, there's always going to be both sides are going to want to hook up, but a lot, a lot less people want to have kids because everything's just so expensive now. But even if you get into a long term relationship, half the time, like I've seen on the profiles, oh don't want kids, Like they'll know right then and there. So, you know, I think it's just it's you know, it's not like back in the days when people would have seven kids and one family and they'd be able to survive on one paycheck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ain't never happened, not gonna happen every yea. Yeah, that time is not coming back to America. I love it how people say, do you remember when, Yes, for the most part I do. When I was growing up, you could buy a house for like thirty thousand dollars, you could buy a car for two three thousand dollars. You could work in one place for forty years just one income, and that would sustain the family.
Speaker 3: Were common. That time is never coming back, And.
Speaker 2: That's why I get so angry at people talking about, well, let's go back to you know, you know, when when America was great however you want to phrase it, those times are not coming back for a number of reasons. My parents' lifestyle, two people who had incomes as teachers and be able to send my sister and me to college, that's just not financially possible.
Speaker 5: Eighty more Well, part of the reason for that is that a lot of the same people who think that we should go back to like a nineteen fifties leave it to Beaver type of America also do not want the top ninety percent tax rate that made that possible.
Speaker 3: You might be right, You might be right. I mean, you can't eat your cake and have it too. No, you're speaking from history. That was a real tax bracket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now we talk about not getting tax Yeah, I guess no one wants to give up any portion of their income. But at the same time we want all the same services and also the other privileges which come with living in America.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't work that way. The math doesn't work out like that. I'm worried about the Beaver the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, since we're but never mind, I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about something else because we were talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm going to stop trying to expect.
Speaker 5: I try to be as straightforward and clean as possible on UH Later with Mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: I hope you know that well.
Speaker 2: You damn sure weren't straightforward and clean as possible on your show.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you heard. I was trying to be a perfect Oh.
Speaker 5: I heard braw sizes and no, no, no, you must have been listening to something else by like a Stern rerun or something. I don't know what you're talking about. This is UH, this is slender and or libel, and you'll be hearing from my people.
Speaker 3: Your people.
Speaker 2: Now you've got people, my peoples up.
Speaker 3: Now, you got people. We tried less stimulating talk.
Speaker 1: It ended poorly.
Speaker 5: K S I K O S T HD two Los Angeles, Orange County
Speaker 3: Live everywhere on the radio,