Speaker 1: Congratulations. That song I wrote.
Speaker 2: You were so patriotic they decided to make it into a shavy commercial. So I changed a few lines.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You're asking us to sell out our song and for what? Cash?
Speaker 1: Money?
Speaker 2: Money?
Speaker 3: We love money. That's great, Buy me a clock radio.
Speaker 1: Four finger Discount.
Speaker 3: Dude, Welcome to four figure discount where this week we're here to review a sequel episode to a beloved episode of The Simpsons, all away from season three. That episode in question is Colonel Homer. This is a sequel to that. It is Papa Don't match. I'm down, I'm guy.
Speaker 1: Welcome to forefinger Discount, the podcast that has more boogie less woogie? Should we throw it down? Flipping and revers should we should we turn up the woogie? Should we up jump the bookie?
Speaker 3: I really related to grandpart in that moment. By the way, Actually one of my favorite moments was Grandpa there was It might have been exactly what it was I was going to write down, but it was when he was ranting about the radio and his little grievances. I was like, I find grievous of these things too. Now I am I'm now thirty six, you see happy birthday to you. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Time has passed since we last recorded, Dan it has got another year. Roll now I have got another year. Yeah, we exchanged gift. Happy birthday to you, and we're both very very happy with our current situations and our current ages. I'm not sad at all. I was about to say, yeahs I have put together playlists of songs on your various streamers, like great, all my favorites all in one place. Scare it, scare it? Not in the mood for it, scare it? Why do I put this on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, yes, I am constantly relating to Grandpa, but not more so in that moment. Look a lot to talk about in this episode, which I think we both enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, now for the first I'm gonna be ready off my phone for you people watching the show, because I read watch this in bed last night and took my notes on my phone. I thought it was better to do that because in bed, I know, I was just more relaxed, sort of just calm taking my notes. I feel like when I'm sitting here at the desk, it feels like not work work, but it feels like I'm really over analyzing my thoughts in this episode. I actually feel like I enjoyed the episode more just by watching in a more relaxed environment, do more.
Speaker 1: Things in bed. That's the fourth way get into your racecar bed And yes, zoom zoom zoom.
Speaker 3: My first note. I've got here, though it says a sequel we didn't necessarily need, although I'm glad it existed because I always hated the idea that Llewleine Lumpkin just became this failure. Who I believe it's the monorail Episodehere, she sayes, I spoke last night in the ditch. It always felt sad that she sort of just she needed home in her life to keep her on track. When she lost home and she lost everything, it just seems like a sad end to that timeline to her life. I like the fact that while she didn't pay her taxes and her life wasn't sort of because music country music wasn't sort of the thing anymore. She wasn't exactly a success. She still wasn't living in a ditch. I guess she was kind of homeless but kind of underpass Absolutely, it's nice that she got the she got a life back on track because of this episode. Though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say the country music, I mean it ebbs and flows, of course, but I think it's been a constant for a very very long time, and it's always very very popular in its lane. And sometimes once in a while you'll have a breakout out of Twain. Yeah, someone like that. Absolute that the Chicks. The Chicks, Yeah, the artist formerly known as.
Speaker 3: The Dixie Chicks. Their appearance was actually quite good, it was indeed. Yeah, I'm sorry to derayl.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to do a couple of quick bits of business before we actually talk about the episode.
Speaker 3: Patreon, subscribe to the channel.
Speaker 1: Make more friends of the Pie, come be our buddies. No, no, I want to say a couple of things. Today is the day this is Simpson's right, trust meet, It's not just me being perving on young female music artists. Today was the day that I learned that Sabrina Carpenter. You may know her for the song That's Me Me Espresso. I don't know her for the song. I don't know that song, don't you know? She is apparently the niece of Nancy can't write the voice of about Simpson. So there we go. All the kids out there who are like, yeah, Sabrina Carbon, It's like Simpson's connection. So it's all part of the unified theory of four finger discount that we pride ourselves on. On a sounder note, today is the day that we lost one of the great actors, one of the great voices absolutely of American entertainment, of world wde entertainment, James L.
Speaker 3: Jones.
Speaker 1: It would be facetious and lid for me to go no, so I won't do that, but I will say that, Yeah, just one of the great actors we ever had. And of course you know pivotal in the voice of Darth Vada, the voice of Vasa.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also the old man who owned the Beast in the sound Lot kids, there is.
Speaker 1: That as well, Terrence Man from Field of Dreams and of course False Doom Cone of the Barbarians are Jenmey one of my favorites of his performances, James L. Jones, what a lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the whole world is in morning because he's just one of those people that everyone loved him. Absolutely. It feels like Star Wars won't feel the same in you. It's like, oh, we've lost We've lost darf Vada. Yeah, we lost a real core aspect. Yeah, I wonder if any form of Darth Vada appearance is going forward just Ai his voice of his family.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that I think they may have already done that to some degree. Okay, yeah hopefully, but yeah, hopefully it gets to continue on because it really is a pivotal part of the whole Star Wars universe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to throw those things in, But we now return you to Papa don't leitch already in progress? So what we your initial thoughts of the episode when he finished it? Did you enjoy it or did you not enjoy it? I did enjoy it a whole lot. Look, there are aspects of it, and it certainly starts off in a way that's like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What I was really annoyed by it until I've read what it was a reference to.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, tell us a bit about should we tell the Well, I at first I thought we're here to tell the listers what an episode is about. So I will say that it's basically homely euthanizing Grandpa.
Speaker 3: I've got he could have done with that. Homer wanting to kill Grandpa in his dream and then feeling no remorse for it when he woke up, right, I didn't realize that was a reference to spoiler left Sopranos Tony killing in the car accident. Yes, yea, yeah, so that was at that time. It just happened. It was so this is two thousand and eight. That ended in two thousand and six, so that was a big moment in TV history. They were acknowledging that. I feel though he should have woken up. I feel that might would have felt better if you woke up and go, oh my god. A couple if I did that to Grandpa and he goes, what, Oh, it was just a dream, and then Grandpa arrives and he goes, go away, Oh man, that's not as harsh as wanting to kill him. Absolutely, he should have felt remorse for killing him in his dream. He could still be petty and not treating him well. Sure, that's the game that had been running for with the last nineteen seasons of the show, but not but feeling happy that he killed him. I thought, that's just silly.
Speaker 1: It was, and it sort of It starts the episode on a bit of a sound note, but I thought.
Speaker 3: Before the actually the car was funny. The first line of you should be sure you should be driving at night. It's night that yeah, particularly someone who hates driving at night now because the headlights are too bright.
Speaker 1: But I find that a lot of people are saying this are not just olds like myself. Young people are saying, what's what's the new with headlights? I was driving my mum's car to go pick up. I bought a signed two thousand and nine ge Long Premiership guernsey in a frame right from the guy in Geelong. But it didn't fit in the back of Nicholas car, so I'd say it didn't especially glass. What the hell this is for a road?
Speaker 3: And I buy my mum's car right, and it's a an SUV style car. It's a bigger car. It's a bigger car. Yeah, it's like a four wheel drive kind of stuff. And I'm in law and order suv. Yeah. Yeah, it's a canyon narrow it looks red and everything. And I turned on the headlights and it just felt like the high beams run, I said. I got to the point where I was driving past the car. I thought, this isn't right. I'm going to cause the car I pulled over. I was like, Mom had you turn your higher beams off. I feel like I'm on auto, but it's still your high beam. She goes, it's not the high beams bright. I was going, Mum, you don't understand. I can see right down the street this. These are clearly the high beams. She just flicker forward, flick the forward high beams. It was like daytime. I was like, this is this now the standard for a headlight? I can see what people are doing in Sydney. Yeah, so I get that headlights are do right now. Thank god. It's not just me. No, it's not just you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're right. That's that initial part with yeah, driving at night.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a soprano's reference that can't find the d.
Speaker 1: That was all good, Yes, that bit was a bit darker. It's like if you don't know the Sopranos, which is sad to say, I don't really. Apparently it's a good doco on the making of the Sopranos now on We've got it on foxtewel here in Australia, HBO in the States called wise Guy The Making David Chase and the Making of the Sopranos. I'm gonna watch it. I bought the having not watched the Sopranos, I bought.
Speaker 3: The Blu ray collection and it's got like so many audio commentaries and documentaries in retrospectives, which I will probably watched first. Yeah, but that was the sound that the episode started with. It want the reference, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but once it started to roll and I'm really enjoyed it. I mean I was. I was a fan of Colonel Homer, like I imagine a lot of people are. And this didn't feel necessarily like a cash grab or a cash in or got that's what avating scrap does it, or a trading on of course, it's going to be trading on your warm feelings of that previous episode, but not in a way that makes you go, remember this, remember how you felt then, Well you're going to feel it again now because you're you know, Asuka. It's like no, no, it earns it and she never wants flirts with Homer, which is good as well. That's right, Becau.
Speaker 3: They could have just rehashed that story, but it's a completely new story, is completely fresh story for learning love it is.
Speaker 1: And the way that she and Marge interact, I think it was to be expected the way they would do it, but they they play it well, they don't overplay it. There are aspects of it that are a little, I guess obvious, but also to be expected.
Speaker 3: It's understandable why Marge would not want this woman in her house, completely understandable. And I like that they brought those things up. With the teeth of the teeth. That was sort of like the one hey remember when that happened moment with the teeth we're getting some sound on the track, remember that moment. Yeah, yeah, that's the only time they sort of sort of go, hey, remember that for the nostalgia factor. But I like that in the and Marje realizes, Oh, she's not here to flirt with Homer, she has daddy issues. Let's help her with that.
Speaker 1: I was actually really charmed when you see the reappearance of Girl Home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and major Mara. Yeah. It wasn't like in the Dream Full Circle. It's like, oh, now the woman she hated Nami, the woman that you know she shoots her perhaps aroount Yeah, with the opening thing. So the opening story I've got here of them faking a disaster to get money only get full again was swift enough that it didn't feel like it was filler, that's right. Yeah, it set up the story. The best Simpsons episodes of the one sometimes it got like you know that tramampoline right, just like five minutes, it doesn't feel like it's filler. This one here, I quite enjoyed. It goes and that's how we got routed by that.
Speaker 1: We're counting ahead to one of my favorite moments, which I thought was fantastic. It was a really good dag.
Speaker 3: Now we're even more broke. They tried to pull the swiftly and they got rauted again.
Speaker 1: And as you know, I'm a fan of any time we get more Quimni because I just love the guy. Yeah, and the show that is just as corrupt as the day is long to the point where he's just willing to grab girls, gag cookies off for girls.
Speaker 3: That was marvelous reservations in five minutes.
Speaker 1: A lot of good one liners in this one, and they all surround like a really solid story idea. Yeah, there's not too as I said, starts off on the sale note, but you're hard pressed to find too many bum notes in this episode. I think it worked really really well.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just it's an interesting plot point in that lurl dependence on a man steps from her father abandoning her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad to mention that this is maybe it's not even an issue that i'd had, because whoever voices is it Royce Lumpkin.
Speaker 3: Who voiced voice I know the Beverly return for Lurline here, which which made it even feel more special. Absolutely, yeah, no, just it sounds like a Hank iss Ario, it does, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: And look, well, do you respect a hank Man of a thousand voices? Yeah, I'll probably do with that a poop, but.
Speaker 3: We couldn't do with the poop, but not a poo. Oh no, we've got to do with a poop.
Speaker 1: Actually, press pauls from a moment, we'll be right back. It felt like this would be a great opportunity for if not necessarily a star, then just like a really good, well revered character actor to come in. And just I thought Hank did great, but to add a little bit of extra spice.
Speaker 3: To it, a country western Keny Rodgers something, or like Willie Nelson, Yeah, or even someone like I want the King of the Hill. Do they had they had to tell me Whenette was the mother, wasn't That's right? Yeah, and who was that? Who was the Jewish comedian Carl Ryan? You can't run it? Yes, Yeah, they're really good at picking guest stars on King of the Hill, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I mean, if you could get an actual country music performer who dabbles in acting, Yeah, like Kenny Rodgers or Willie Nelson or Johnny cashtill alive at.
Speaker 3: That stage, Johnny Cash when I was walk the Line two thousand and five, so he's passed away before that wasn't either that?
Speaker 1: Or you need someone who's got a literally a bit of ham on the bone.
Speaker 3: Because Ham ham Berlin.
Speaker 1: That always makes me think of a guy we used to work with Andy because he loved that bit from was it Regular show that had show you the bit with hamd But every once in a while you'd hear Andy.
Speaker 3: Go if you Andy, Andy Sandler shout to Andy heat you, I'm in a Natree care.
Speaker 1: But you need someone with a little like Ham on the bone. He's notoriously apparently he's pretty good to work with, but not so good on the publicity trail. Someone like Tommy Lee Jones. He played Loretta Lynn's husband in Coleman and his Daughter of the movie that was sort of made about her life, and I get the feeling.
Speaker 3: He could probably I he'd be wacky enough.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He tried to be wacky and Batman to keep up with carry. I don't feel like he'd beat this.
Speaker 1: He had that period in the in the mid nineties was like I'm really going for it. I think it's in Batman Forever, in Natural Warm Killers, where he's like, well, you really played to the back row, aren't you. There's a guy who's been on the show before, Charles Napier, Yes, yeah, you get the thing. He'd be really good, or someone like Harry Dean Stanton, like a character actor who sort of plays wildly old guys. I think that I think they would have been great, But it just struck me as a missed opportunity more than something that derails the episode. But generally very very happy with with Papa Don't Lege and.
Speaker 3: Happy to talk about it. I want to talk about the Dick Dixie Chicks.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about that.
Speaker 3: So they were they were they were canceled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, canceled before cancelation was the thing, and not even canceled by canceled by some sections of.
Speaker 3: The of the music against Bush, right, they did.
Speaker 1: They said not our president or he was they we were ashamed that he's our president because they were very anti war on terror, and this was of course post nine to eleven, and everyone was like, go get them.
Speaker 3: To because there because the worst of the song are basically mocking them. We've learned that lesson pro Fox News. Oh yeah, we said the things out of line.
Speaker 1: They're pretty savvy that you're like, oh god, we've got to go on the apology tour to.
Speaker 3: They go to one of my spoil on my Chrivy questions. They record at White Trash Records. I missed that, so I'm glad that you spoiled that Drivia question.
Speaker 1: I would not have been able to answer to the best of my recollection. The Dixie Chicks, now that known as the Chicks, never really backed down from the whole. I think they made an album called not Ready to Make Nice or or there maybe it was a documentary about I'm called Unapologetic or something along those lines. But yeah, they were very much nowhere sticking to our guns. So for them to take the piss out of themselves pretty well here with the whole with the song thing. But also I mean to jump ahead to one of my favorite moments near the end, when I think it's lou Lane comes and said I wrote that song, and they're all like, whoa, I love that.
Speaker 3: Well, why do we sell our song cash? But cash money, money money. That's probably my favorite moment. Oh, I love money. That was great. I think that did a really good job my favorite. Let's jump in a favorite moment. Yeah, so that was. That was probably just about my top moment, oh, cash cash money.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I've used the wrong pins to put trivia quick because I've doubled up the trivia question the favorite moment here, so let me get my brain in order favorite moments.
Speaker 3: I like the femur gig of course that was Did I see that coming at all?
Speaker 1: Nor did I?
Speaker 3: And it felt as when people who do despicable things get get yeah yeah, get hoisted on their own batad Classic Simpsons.
Speaker 1: One might say, I you that a whole lot Champagne comedy. I initially had this as a favorite moment, but I then repurposed the trivia questions so I could have my three. So I'll skip ahead two. Yeah, the chicksia on what I just thought it was very, very funny. Daddy's Back is a good song. Oh that's the thing. So one of the things I love the most about Colonel Homer was the country music because I wasn't raised on country music. I obviously loved the pop song, the Spy Scales and the Backstreet Boys, but my dad has always been a huge country music fan. A lot of my family have loved country music, so I've got that connection with country music. The songs in our original Colonel Homer episode, the songs in this one aren't as good as that, but I thought it was just nice. They still had new songs in eide that are really catchy. Oh yeah, Daddy, he said, a great song. When I think about Colonel Homer, I mean, the first thing that brings to mind is just the lines, like the season's turning around for me now I finally bagged me home great.
Speaker 3: Lyric Yeah, catchy tune. Yeah, I would recommend, but I never really like bunk with me. That was fine, But what's the one who sings at the end? She knows just lucky. It's like, oh shit on crying. So yeah, Daddy's back and continues in the tradision. It's a pretty nifty song and they use her songs in this episode as a device to further the story as well.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah, absolutely uh. And I guess the thing I like most was a very nice positive message given by Marge Lulin. You're not a door mat, you're a door prize.
Speaker 3: Good on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody take that into account.
Speaker 3: They're on board. A very positive episode this is and that everyone who deserves to get the comments gets the come umments. Anderline gets the I like that Marge gets into at the end because I'm just like Marg even got her moment. She was just like, I've helped you get on your way if you fucking come back. So they were my favorite moments, always said about most of mine. The one we haven't touched on yet is my day it starts tomorrow. It felt like we're that, but was say that, But I just I just love my day it starts tomorrow. How many times we said that to ourself last week? And then I had a sisage roll for lunch. It's like tens ten to ten dollars my day it starts tomorrow. I felt terrible, Well the same I felt terrible.
Speaker 1: What I felt great? I was doing some shopping last night. I need to pick up some things and I'm in the frozen fruit section, and of course they.
Speaker 3: See limited clearance about fifty.
Speaker 1: Well this was limited time only, but it was like, uh, popcorn chicken, but with like a Thaie coconut flavor.
Speaker 3: They get you with the extra flavors, don't they.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 3: What do these potato chips for you? All these novelty flavors and still.
Speaker 1: Is to something great. I'm weaning myself off the potato chips. But yeah with the popcorn chickens, like hmm tai coconut flavor, you say, and they're only little, They're really little.
Speaker 3: I can I live in the future some, of course I did. I got home and I whacked them in the air fire. These are really good, serving size tenpeed back. I'll take ten.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I gotta buy mayonnaise and sweet.
Speaker 3: What are your dips for popcorn chicken? My dips aolich and mustard. These were so special that I just had.
Speaker 1: Them naked, really and they weren't bad. Yeah I could have I'll make up a dipping sauce for next time.
Speaker 3: Limited. It's like I walk by now and I fought for the one I always ran about. Have the half priced sales. That's how they get you. I will buy down. I'm like, I'm just looking for the half priced take you got me. I'm the one that I know what you do it in Your stuff's still falling for.
Speaker 1: Hi, it's me. I'm the problem this man, even though you're the problem supermarkets. Though, I was happy because I went to Ali in my favorite Halloomi curzo burgers were back, So like, I bought two and I'm gonna go back to and put them in the freezer.
Speaker 3: Next question, you there eating the paste? Okay, it is now trivia time, mister Davis. You hit me with your first question. Please, okay.
Speaker 1: Then Lisa has three a merit badges. Oh damn it?
Speaker 3: Three bucks? Is how much of the class? That was my first question. That's true, Tree bade.
Speaker 1: All part of my grand scheme. She has three merit badges.
Speaker 3: What are they for? She even mentions one of them. I can't remember what it is.
Speaker 1: It They are four skepticisms, that's the one. She mentions, Yeah, apple polishing and vegetarianism. Okay, correct, So I ruined my first one thirty dollars for three boxes or ten dollars a box?
Speaker 3: What is so? It says the emergency town meeting. What does it say? Oh, it's.
Speaker 1: Is it Hospitals of FIM and you.
Speaker 3: Choose, you decide?
Speaker 1: Yeah, reminding us too much of Geelong.
Speaker 3: A lot of this feels like classic Simpsons that you think it really does. Yeah, I mean it had its moments being I didn't need that, but the suicide acts could have done without that, right, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: That was the other one.
Speaker 3: I'm like, eh, yeah, and homergoing to how can I abandon my family? You don't need those games.
Speaker 1: But the Simpson always works best when it's a small town comedy.
Speaker 3: So, Bob, yes, I love I always go back to Radio Bart with a good old fashion hold dig and a lot of them when the whole town is getting together and doing something. They're all looking for Lurline. But yeah, continue your next question.
Speaker 1: My next question. When Lureline is dropped off at the underpass, there is one of those so and so for so and so, you know when you had your first love And you're right, So.
Speaker 3: I did see Alberto. I didn't see the other one with her. Yeah, they were initials. You don't remember.
Speaker 1: It was cr for kW.
Speaker 3: I trying to think that any Simpson's characters ce r see Montgomery Burns c r okay for dw was it kW kW okay? All right? My next question for you is how much did lurline oh originally and what did it become?
Speaker 1: Was it one hundred thousand dollars fifty k fifty k?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Then and became I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Based on that math. What did I say at the top of the episode, five million dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's that's almost as much as we make from Patreon almost.
Speaker 3: Quick wake up with dreaming a couple of zeros, cut.
Speaker 1: Off a couple of zeros. My final question for you, what does Chief Wigham call Lulene.
Speaker 3: When he's up on the Patsy Crime.
Speaker 1: Patsy Crime initially one of my favorite moments, but I'm like, I can't come in with two true questions. I'm going to come in with three, So yeah, change that.
Speaker 3: I also like to look, why did you chop off the roof?
Speaker 1: Chief once?
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into our review eyes before we do it.
Speaker 1: Stone cutters cut some stones stone cutters, starting, of course, with the lovely Lady herself.
Speaker 3: katG Okag's on holiday at the moment.
Speaker 1: Is she really it seems like she's either sending pictures to social media from either the top of the country or some other part of the world. Okay anyway, but enjoy your holiday, Katy G. I hope that we're in your ears while you are elsewhere.
Speaker 3: If not, hope you and joined us whenever you do listen to this show.
Speaker 1: Katy G.
Speaker 3: Yes, kdy G with a one hundred dollar sport. Thank you so much. Andrew's, of course, with his fifty dollars support.
Speaker 1: Let's story a little love to Andrew.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Katy G a lot, and deservedly so. But Andrews what a lord.
Speaker 3: He's an absolute legend. Yeah, of course. Also Zach Truitt, who's going to be starting a Malcolm in the Middle podcast soon to look out for that on the four Fire discount network.
Speaker 1: The future is then, old man, call it that get me just so I can say that that's and you can leave now.
Speaker 3: Guy, who are you remember this? Cut that out?
Speaker 5: You might remember that you might remember me from podcasts. Cut that out over such deleted clips some podcasts. As Also our man Andrew Swan it's just recently moved house and his internet's been playing up so having access to his plex at the moment.
Speaker 3: Soy, I mean, have you been paying attention with that in the ads? No, You're gonna.
Speaker 1: Have to rely on my pleasures, like why is guy watching these weird European sex movies are Ronning Tales, Acceptance Tales with an I c Ai ls Sonic snuff.
Speaker 6: Film anyway, Also the following people Jonathan Rossi, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sewn Dvi, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dentel, Planed Flood, Shannon.
Speaker 3: Hofer, Bella Window Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod, Lewis Kavanaugh, Matralivinrhyese, Roberts, Ginger and Pickle Preston, Murray, tale, Enriquez, Jake Mersado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hallier, Logan b James Shepard, Joe Read and Sect, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lane, and Damian Miller. Thinks so much guys have been Top tier Stonecutter supporters are here at the four Finger discat network. Remember if you do join up during the month, but no top tea supporter but you do support us on a lower tier, you get your name right out at the end of the month.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I'm on record as saying the song was the ultimate humble bragg and not one that I necessarily like. But you guys are the wind beneath our wings?
Speaker 3: Do you want to sing a bit of more popular Don't Leach is a play on as.
Speaker 1: Well Papa Don't Preach She's in trouble deep.
Speaker 3: Well, least favorite Madonna song of her biggest hits. I've never liked Papa Don't Preach. No No just gets annoying to me. I'm just something. There's some songs you know are good songs, but for me, another one is Living on a Prayer. I can live without it. I know it's an absolute banger of a song. I'm not saying it's a bad song. It's just I just don't like it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like Piano Man for Billy Joels.
Speaker 3: That's probably my least favorite hit of his. Yeah, I just don't get it. I don't. I know it's a great song, I can't get it. I get we're coming from Living on a Prayer.
Speaker 1: I can kind of live with because, yeah, it's one you can really bud along to the chorus with and the story of Tommy and Gina seems, I don't know, kind of sweet to me. Um, Papa, don't preach, Papa, don't.
Speaker 3: Preach is fine by me. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I remember the film clip more than I remember the Yeah, okay, you know where she's got the sort of the big bruising Italian daddy.
Speaker 3: I think it's Danny.
Speaker 1: I elo am, I gonna tell this guy I'm knocked up and he turns out to be an okay guy, and even the guy who knocked her up, Like, I'm sticking around your Madonna.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite Madonna song?
Speaker 1: I am very partial to Ray of Light.
Speaker 3: Really yeah. I like that when I was wanted for my childhood that, yeah, it's fine. When I was a kid that I was like, here is this lady? Is this old lady?
Speaker 1: There's one that I like called Live to Tell Okay. It's from the sound side from a single. It's from the soundtrack of a movie called At Close Range The Sean Pen and my man Chris b Walkin. Really good movie, really sort of gritty crime drama. And I think she was married to Sean Penn at the time.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 1: It's like, give you guys a bit of a hand by recording a song for your Pierre outro.
Speaker 3: It's a good song. Yeah. I've always just liked like a Virgin and like a prayer. There are two obvious ones, I know, but like a Prayer is a great one. Yeah. Yeah, and just like a Virgin. I don't know, it's just it's so boppy.
Speaker 1: I forgot probably my favorite of the dance numbers. Oh, actually a dance no no, into the groove okay, yeah, I love into the group. That's a fantastic song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's similar era and nothing to do with Madonna. I never get sick of hearing I want to Dance with somebody come on the radio. This morning. I was like, this is what you call a fucking great song.
Speaker 1: It's a really good song.
Speaker 3: It's a really sweet song. It is what I mean. It's kind of like name.
Speaker 1: It's almost like something you hear in the fifties. I was like, I'm gotta take my best girl to the Mulch Show and maybe later we can jitterbug. Do I want to dance without it? I was like, you can't be unhappy when this had to put on the Tray Parkertoy.
Speaker 3: But it's a really sweet song.
Speaker 1: And you look at you know, Whitney in the film call which you singing, she's yeah, young, fresh faced, beautiful. It's like, oh man, you got everything ahead of you. And then yeah, well it happened.
Speaker 3: It happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, life happened.
Speaker 3: Speaking of what happened this episode, which put a.
Speaker 1: Smile on my dial and because Dander was smiling.
Speaker 3: Beverly Dangelo returns as Learning Loa, which we discussed was a great choice. I'm glad that they waited until she was available to do this because they've had times where characters return and they've had to not have the actual original voice acted, couldn't have the time to voice or whatever, and it's like, doesn't quite feel the same. This reminded me this episode remember the Ziff who Came to Dinner where Artie returned as a sequel and they got John loved and it was a really good episode. This felt similar to me. This was sort of like, because that was a guy who was getting in between margin Homer, this is the woman who got in between margin Homer. It's almost like the Marge version of the si If he came to Dinner in my opinion. Sorry, I'm just looking something up real quick. Yeah, I've got here. The Chicks, the Dixie Chicks in their God the chicks I thought they were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sort of all stuff related to Dixie, the Confederate South, all that kind of. It's funny that Royce Lumpkin actually has the Confederates.
Speaker 3: No child support, and then when he's rich, he's got the same ship, but it's got lives blitter.
Speaker 1: What do you call that the I guess it's called the Union.
Speaker 3: Flag, the Union yeah, yeah, yeah, the Confederate flag, I mean Confederate fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, not the Union flag like you just fucked up the Civil War.
Speaker 3: The Southern flag, yes, yeah, it used to be on the top of the dukes of Hazard's car. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, that's the thing that wouldn't It's not really passes, doesn't really pass master these days, doesn't really pass the smell test, and neither does the term Dixie in all honesty. So yeah, they just cut it off their name and now they're just the checks. By the way, I just wanted to you mentioned Beverly D'Angelo. It's funny that he called her Patsy Crime. I mentioned the movie Cold Marner's daughter earlier about Loretta Lynn. Yeah, Beverly Angelie played Patsy Klin in that movie. So there we go.
Speaker 3: We got there.
Speaker 1: Welcome to four figure disc out, your home of research done on the fly. It's very much we do, of course, going down to south Park and I think was the what was the episode Welcome to the Neighborhood When.
Speaker 3: Cartman's doing his homework, he comes the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: He comes to neighborhoods. So Cartman's in class doing something stand by, that's us.
Speaker 3: We get there in the are.
Speaker 1: We get there in the end, and we prove fried you with quality information that you'd get on Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: Yes, did you know that? By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Signfould, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and the Movie Guys. Plus you also get early and add free access to four Finger discount Going down to south Park TV, launch pod, and the one about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cup of coffee. Fie got it, got here, So go ahead and support your palas guyandand There today at patreon dot com. Slash fourth Finger. Discount link is an description of this podcast.
Speaker 1: Papa, Don't Let's Talk about It.
Speaker 3: Original air day was April thirteenth, two thousand and eight, written by Reid Harrison, the last episode he wrote before so he passed away two thousand and this year, actually in January this year, passed away. He also wrote The Springfield Files, one of my favorite episodes of all time.
Speaker 1: He's got some bangers on his resumek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Chris Comments was the director. So the episode starts off with we don't realize it's a but it's actually a dream. Homer and Grandpa are driving at night, and I just thought there was a lot of funny zingers in here. So the you sure you can drive it night? It's not And it's him going through the because he plays the Tommy Dorsey's White Orchestra, All White Orchestra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you sure you're okay to drive at night?
Speaker 3: It's night? All right?
Speaker 2: That pullover now, don't you worry. Just sit back and relax to the smooth sounds of Tommy Dorsey's All White Orchestra.
Speaker 4: Done.
Speaker 2: Let this music take you to a time when girls were girls in a Hirshey bar was as stick as a phone book. I'm sick of it song. I don't like this one either, too optimistic, too slow, too fast, no dads, too much, says her. Boogie less, woogie, my back hurt.
Speaker 1: Oh my friends are dead.
Speaker 3: But then Patty and Salo are driving off the cliff. I guess in the sense we can go it's a dream, so none of this actually is well.
Speaker 1: Also, the Simpsons is by it's nature cartoonish. Ye could probably buy if this actually did happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, I actually liked the four repeating over and over again. It's just stops felt classic. Yes, Homer ends up killing Grandpa because he doesn't have to have him lived with him and things like that, and I went, that's a bit much. Forgot that it was a reference to the Sopranos scene in the last season as a huge moment where something happens very similar to this, And yeah, I get what they were referencing there, although I don't think at the time it would have felt relevant. I just whilst the surprise were huge at the time, I don't think in twenty twenty four it's timeless, like some of the stuff they did in parodies of Indiana Jones and whatnot in the in the earlier of The Simpsons, you know, just it feels like, oh, I see you doing that, but we're watching it now twenty twenty four, like, well, that's a horrible thing to do.
Speaker 1: But then at the same time, and when we've talked about references and shoutouts and homages that the Simpsons will do that aren't necessarily I mean they yeah, do India the Jones stuff style, will stuff well, stuff that's really popular and really well known. But occasionally it'll be oh, that's a reference to That's an interesting.
Speaker 3: Reference, And but they make it obvious that this is something you go, I know, this is something.
Speaker 1: That's true, Like when they say, do a bit of on Hitchcock's Burdigo, and it's like, my camera angle is so weird that it has to be a reference to something. Yeah, you're right. This doesn't necessarily feel so blatant that you're going to go, oh, it's that, or ah, this must be something right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's just because you know, we've.
Speaker 1: We're you know, in the Weeds of season nineteen, here in the weeds of this sort of era where weeds, we're in the weeds where you know, there have been gags that are off color or abrasive or.
Speaker 3: You're trying to be family go right, Yeah, yeah, so we can do this too, you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, oh, okay, so this is you being edgy.
Speaker 3: You could you could buy it one hundred percent. Yeah, And I just think they needed to follow it up with Homer feeling showing some sort of remorse for killing Grandpa, him being happy that he killed can not read if I'm wrong. Was he driving the car when he had a sleep, That's right, It wakes up when he was driving, right, he drives off again? And yeah, anyway, so he's driving with Lisa. She's selling or dropping off her Scout gallic cookies to the people who purchased them. So clearly he's already ordered them and paid for them while she be dropping them off. She's here's your Scout gol cookies, may quimby. Yeah, wouldn't she already collected the money? Bad business model?
Speaker 1: If you Yeah, have you have you ever bought cookies from someone coming to your door?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, but they don't give those cookies until you're given them money, Like it's not like, yeah, I'll take your order. That's why I always feel like when I call up a piece of shop or a Chinese shop or fish and chip shop, I wonder how often they get orders and the people just don't rock up because they're just trusting you. You know, I'll have you know, I'm ordering like forty dollars worth of food. These guys are going to cook it up and just hope that we come.
Speaker 1: It seems like a bad business model, especially when you say delivered the icy wienery.
Speaker 3: But when I'm ordering for a pickup, You're just going to trust the caller.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I could run a business based off trust like that. I just do you think you trust that I show up to talk ship? I know that, But just if you were running a business and someone caught up and said, I want to order eight large pizzas? Right, would you start cooking those eight lge pizzas unless they'd page you first. It's usually you're usually getting some, if not monetary details. You're usually getting well, a contact number. Aren't you even trusted giving you the right number? I guess yeah, we're dealing with modern phones where the number sometimes comes up hopefully. Yeah, I'm I'm trying to be glass half all here. We said, there's outside kindsbury glass half full because.
Speaker 1: I think we went out for dinner and I was like the poop was really good.
Speaker 3: It was like the service was terrible, and all this happened. I sounded like Leu and Nickel are the same person, never happy when we go out. Why do you bring me.
Speaker 1: Out here again? I told you we could stay in. I don't want to go on.
Speaker 3: But she drop it off scatcher cookies to make Quimby, who'spparently ordered three boxes for thirty dollars. So he checks the town treasury to try and find some money, but it's completely empty. We'll get their obligatory gay joke here where he says, if you don't give any cookies, I'll pass the legislation to allow gay Scout leaders into your industry. I'd support that. Blah blah blah. In the end, it is that Lisa won't give the cookies. He has no money. The town is emergency town meeting because the town's got no money left. So are they really broke or A. O. J. Simpson broke as Mo brings up, and they really broke his cheap novelty what they called gabble gable yes, I've got gaggle here. I'm like, that's not the word. I know it sounds like that, but yeah, gavel and gabble, yes, gavel gable, gable, he's making the squeaky party sounds. Yes. But then Homer with his hat, hat on heart.
Speaker 1: I know this isn't exactly what they're referencing, but there's kind of a meme going around. If someone wants to make a quote unquote controversial statement, they'll use this pictures And it's a painted by Norman Rockwell of this guy standing up in like a town meeting or something, and he's like the one man speaking. It's the power. It's like dress dress and workingman gear.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I may not know much about your your your big city politics, but I know what's right wrong, And it'll be like something like I think is hot.
Speaker 3: Preach, but I was pitching, we've all up past sleeves and we fake a disaster the federal government into giving us some relief money. And they all said, yep, we should do that, and then of course it's the fake FEMA.
Speaker 7: Now, when exactly did the hurricane pass through your town five minutes ago? You just missed it.
Speaker 3: FEMA will help you rebuild this town. Your first ten million dollars will arrive as soon as you submit this form and the twenty five hundred dollars processing fee.
Speaker 2: And chowey fake FEMA official scam doo shot at twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: We are now worse than broke.
Speaker 3: What a great twist. It's just that spent a whole week sent.
Speaker 1: This is probably I've forgotten the line that it was like, we are now we got ripped up by that fake FEMA guy and now we are officially broken.
Speaker 3: I think this is the most Smartsworter gag we've had in years. It's really great.
Speaker 1: It's probably the highlight of the.
Speaker 3: Episode because I thought, when he goes and you ten million dollars just when you paid this twenty five hundred, I thought, Oh, that's just damn taking the mickey out of the government. Oh yeah, you got to give something back to get something return. Nope, you just got ripped off. They're now worse than broke. And Lisa realized she went through the records and there's millions of dollars in uncolanted taxes. No first listening, We just looked at the camera.
Speaker 1: Not me because I had my birthday of the day and the taxman decided to give me a gift my account and got in touch on my birthday and said, okay, we've done your things. Here's a nice return for you.
Speaker 3: Are you got a return?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: I had to pay because this is a business. Now I have to pay twelve grand. What the yeah, but there's a business now.
Speaker 1: It's twelve round that could go into our pockets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pay, I'll pay you then paid extra twelve grand tax half my bunney.
Speaker 1: Half of that's not adding up half of that.
Speaker 3: I disapprove. That's just like a ship. But it's another that is a drag. I'm sorry to hear. The beauties have started a business.
Speaker 1: It'll all payoff in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, a thousand dollars a month and paying back to tax man. Oh my goodness. But Lisa, yes, I said, all unclect the tax he goes through. We're clicked from everybody from Exkiffs, Burns, Reguard to Quimby. And then there's news report here. Even Brockman had to pay taxes. But there's only one person left. It was Blowlin Lumpkin, who originally was famous and she didn't pay taxes. It was originally fifty thousand, now it's twelve million. And they showed a clip of when she was on The Muppet Show singing to Kermit, singing the bump with me, Miss Piggy. This Piggy was always violent.
Speaker 1: It's something that has become it's more and more recognized that this was an abusive relationship.
Speaker 3: You'd always be going, I don't want to get married, Josh, we are getting married. Run Kermit, run. I know you're a muppet. You don't have actual legs, but run, yes the kids. Then no, he's on the bike and the Muppet Movie, isn't he. That was a great scene. The way they made that. It was not just him, it was the entire Mupper cast. Oh and the way they did it was basically you can watch the making of It's the way they had to do it, so much effort. But that one shot makes the Muppets feel real, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: That's the thing I remember seeing it as a kid, Go I forgot buppets are on bikes.
Speaker 3: Like the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm simultaneously impressed and appalled.
Speaker 3: It's like when you know, I always when watch Trussed part of the first and one. I know all those other dinsaurs I fake. These ones are real.
Speaker 1: This was this guy in the theater watching the Muppet Movie with Kerman on a bike.
Speaker 3: Apologies to Sam Neil, Apologies to listeners. I don't idea what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you're.
Speaker 3: Watching this on YouTube, which you should do, you got a great visual gag. You turn her head to turn towards towards the cinema like Jack gold I just done did my shirt. But while we're we talking about other Muppets. Yeah, so they've announced that that Lerline owes money, so that all the whole town's looking for her, and she's in the back of homes car.
Speaker 1: It's the pleasure of destroying someone they once admired, save something from me.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's that's what we all love doing, isn't it It is? Indeed, Yeah, he finds her her crews on a dawnward spiral. I told her not to do that, but it finds her in the back of the car. They hope, says all right, we'll go home. They get home. We here muffled screaming. Clearly Marge's not okay with this. Marge's driving it back to where she came from I'm taking you out of my house before you wreck it, or taking you back to your house before you wreckon. Mine realizes that she's actually homeless. They ask her to change a toilet March as I can't leave her here doing this takes her back, and she accidently makes a fat joke towards March because she's a bigger woman than she is.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's not even accidentally joked. Ludlin's trying to pay her a compliment. Yeah, Marge is just so inclined to dislike and distrust.
Speaker 3: Looking for a fault. Yes, but Leewlin's now cooking barbecue Uline.
Speaker 7: This barbecue is delicious.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a traditional Southern recipe, Catcher Cola, inflicacy bars and jeuz Kid.
Speaker 1: It's actually chip double ill.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's wonderful. My diet starts tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I can't all those mean things like oh, I don't even.
Speaker 3: Remember confederate, degenerate Southern fried. Then we can find her because it Patsy Crime jumps off the roof and he just wanted to be extraordinary. I now at the courthouse, the science at the front. Yeah, it's like vacancy, no vacancy that he was no nonsense, Yes, yes, nonsense, was the bailiff in just a few moments. But he's ordered. He orders her to pay one hundred dollars a week until her music is back in style or it is appreciated for it can't value ye, And then the bailiff tries to act like the People's Court. If it watched the People's Court, it is horrific.
Speaker 1: No, I never have. But when this was happening, I'm like this because I don't watch Judge Judy. That your girlfriend Judge Judy. It's like former, Oh that's okay, It's like, this is a play on judge duty. But then I actually mentioned the people's courts. Okay, I guess they're doing the People's.
Speaker 3: Court because I Judge Judy had some ridiculous cases. But People's Court just felt like, you know, as he says, he's suing her from not dressing sexy enough.
Speaker 1: What was the case call?
Speaker 3: Was the case of the I can't remember, but yeah, but this is what it felt like. And because the voice of a guy on Judge Judy goes to do on Judge, he tries to make it sound serious. People's cause like today you will believe what's going to be on the show whatever, whatever, And they had the team Z guy as like the host outside. What do you think of that case? It gets into walks up to with a microphone ridiculous. I love that the credits role of Judge Judy there where they go, So what are your thoughts on today? I thought Judge Judy made it a great decision. It is what it is. That's the frames were lord. You know we always make one we turn one sentence into one word as gone. Oh ye yeah, but that that you weren't near. Do you know what America you can marry your cousin? I found that ou from Judge Duty last week.
Speaker 1: You can do an Australia if you're confident enough.
Speaker 3: Legally, there are states where you can marry your cousin. Because we're watch some case and we went, wait a minute, they're cousins. What we're getting married? Isn't this illegal? No? Not illegal? Okay, shall we go married the cousin? Guys flubbergast, I thought, twenty twenty four, we're still marrying her cousins. Okay, cool stuff out there on the dating pool, Yeah it is, yeah, on the tin up anyway, so people's court hasn't gone Lowland's way. She's spae hundred dolls a week, so she's getting her job at most. I actually really like, as racist as it is, if the she tips with Manoel is a good job, let's just a oh hank. Do you think that joke would have been funnier had he just said share it with Manuel? And then he just put the mustache shop rather than explain and it's just me with a feet mustache. Do you think you needed to say that? What do you think would be funny? You just put on the mustache and pretend to be Manuel. I think it would have been funnier if he didn't explain explain it. Yeah, then Lenny and Carl flirt, and but respectfully yeah, espectfully yes, Lenny and Car. Yes, but I did like Lenny.
Speaker 1: Someone's looking for a snack in the mailbox.
Speaker 3: But March couple of she turned, well why does she hate men so much?
Speaker 1: And did that's not like it not liking hamburgers or.
Speaker 3: Or hot dogs? Yes, and then she over heres singing the song about the dead beat daddy given a choice hamburger or hot dog, hamburger. I don't eat sausages, okay at all. I haven't eaten this like a sausage, beef sausage, anything since I was about ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, just never.
Speaker 3: I saw a video in school of how the matuslage and I went, because I'm not eating meals anymore? Did they not? You're not meant to know how the sausage is. It would have been year seven. That would have been twelve to thirteen, year seven science.
Speaker 1: When they don't be mistaken, belly a cow would kill you when everyone you know ask me that question, right, I prefer the handballs a hot dog? Oh yeah, both.
Speaker 3: I got a funny photo Holly, right, I can hold this up to the camera, not to the viewers of the listeners, obviously, Holly eating her first hot dog at the foota the other day. She never had a hot dog before. Show. Oh one of those, one of those. She so this is what we get? So where's a photo? He she is massive hot dog there? Oh my god, she's sitting there. She's just like, okay, she goes, this is big because she's looking at she text a bit and she goes text a bite. She goes smells weird Nicholas like I just spent eight dollars on a fucking hot dog. She's like, it smells the okay, so.
Speaker 1: You didn't have the normal garbage disposal option of dad eating it.
Speaker 3: No, mum made it. Oh okay, thanks to call my wife a garbage a spiceful Nikola. I'm just a normal man.
Speaker 1: You know he's gonna tell like it is that women be eaten sad? Cut that out?
Speaker 3: Where were we up?
Speaker 1: Tos and hot dogs?
Speaker 3: Yes? She places us on dead bat daddy of course, Yes, which is a really sad song, but just a very country song.
Speaker 1: I was crying in my cradle when my daddy hot the train.
Speaker 3: He left a.
Speaker 4: Hole in my heart and build it up with fain.
Speaker 1: I know, no woman liquor.
Speaker 4: We'll soothe my aching chicken. Of course, the love from a deadbeat daddy is still pumping through my base.
Speaker 3: And Homer wants to know how do I abandon my family? And I thought, we don't need this. This isn't funny. We know that you think being a joke's cool, but it's not. Just move on from that ship, but mar says that she will help her Marge looking for the various lumpkins in Springfield, including Choe lum Kin. Yes, good luck, just so I can get their racist Asian voice in there, thinks, just batting a thousand, just playing the hits. And she finds Royce with his no child sports shirt and he says, I haven't seen her since she was a baby, and she says, she needs to see you, and he's like, does something to his well.
Speaker 1: At first he has to whiskey out those corn flakes.
Speaker 3: Yes, orange juice, but that Leolin is now at home. She wakes up. She hears there's any one person like a handbone like that. I thought he left when she was a baby. Maybe I was wrong. How would she know what he? Hambone's like, Oh, I think that's going to be a primal memory. Okay, But he says, how many nights do.
Speaker 1: You stand over Elliot's crub when he was a little boy, saying my son, I want so much for you On this l like Hambone.
Speaker 3: He's like, I want to go back to sleep. Oh Aliot never slept. Oh it was holy. Holly didn't sleep an entire night until she was nearly three. Oh my gosh. We haven't had a full night sleep until she's nearly three. So three straight years nearly. I was going to comment on those bags on here, but then Homer says here, I know that. Dad says here, you're the spitting image of your mother's hotter sister. She slaps him, and he says, forgive us, please forgive me the way I forget myself. Yeah, despicable person.
Speaker 1: Like I said, a lot of great lines and just I don't think he did anything wrong, but I just would have loved someone to put a bit more of a fastball on him. Yeah, he's such a he's such a gross and despicable character that you'd have real fun with it.
Speaker 3: I thought Billy West could have done a good job with this, howbe he played the the texting guy and King of the hill oh yeah, really really prickish guy. Yeah, the rich guy that the mogul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the fight to get get his business.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. I always love those for sex sitcom set ups, trying to win over someone's business. But we just watched the bad episode. We're trying to get Honda's business. But Marge is now proud that oh no, she's paid, that she's made it happen, she's made a dad and whatnot and home it's just jealous that you know, he's a dead beet dad and he's gett all his adelation and I'm just a dad. It's just too lazy to run and he has Hay, I'm just like enough of this ship. But need this is it needed? Got the suicide accidentally, by.
Speaker 1: The way, I haven't really alluded to it and this maybe we'll do it at the end. But I did like the running gag that.
Speaker 3: All of exes were variations of home. Yes, well she mentioned that earlier. Yeah, that's where all the money's gone to ex husband's. Yeah, we went out the fair and with the Daddy's Little Girl shirt to in liice little moment. She goes, I was going to see your face. He goes, don't worry, I'm never going to leave you again. And then we get Homer trying to do it with his kids and it ends up being at Daddy Special Pair. It was a lot of work for a fine moment for a B plus payoff. Yes, we're now at dinner and homos again. Homas is runny, he wants to leave. He goes, why can't I leave for thirty years? That why they thought they needed this? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hadn't really noticed that they really are throwing these gangs. I know, yeah, right, No, I know, I thought you.
Speaker 3: I thought I heard something. Did you hear something?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: I heard a voice? Did you hear that?
Speaker 1: And I don't think it was coming from me? The row phones which I muted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're both muted. That was bizarre because the ghost spooky ghosts a spooky ghost. But everyone's I'll before that though. So yeah, but at dinner home is Randy blah blah blah. Bart's packed his suitcase, he's hat. He thinks he's using reverse psychology. But then Royce and low Lean arrive and she plays Daddy's back.
Speaker 4: Due usually made me cry. Now, I see you ain't such a bad guy. I haven't felt this good since the Lord knows we and I'm sure you got a million pieasons for being Ghana under twins seasons. But Daddy's back, and I'm feeling like a doll again. Yeah, Daddy's back, and I'm feeling like a donna.
Speaker 3: Daddy's back, and she's feeling like she ut it. God's back down A drink and bottle of water, he began, and hayth my body wash his estay.
Speaker 1: Daddy's back and feeling like a dog.
Speaker 2: And here comes crab wait and oct Ober Dad, I took three bushes.
Speaker 3: To get here. I know they want us to enjoy the song, but I feel it needs sometimes the always have the family walking with big smiles and their face going yeah, just be cause you don't know. This is a this is a fucking bag. Everyone's going to enjoy this. And at the end Grandpa arrives with these otter.
Speaker 1: I don't know why has everything sort of rhymed with otter up until then? Probably yeah, daughter, And yet it's like it's slightly off. But yeah, as someone who appreciates the otter as an animal, they're awfully cute?
Speaker 3: Are they like? Vicious? Is anything?
Speaker 1: Though? I thought that was like a ferret.
Speaker 3: No, I thought like otters like maybe I'm wrong. I mean they're adorable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, lying in the river and they'll hold hands so they don't drift apart, and you give them a little rock.
Speaker 3: There's a as a version of an otter, otters vicious and they're like bigger versions like a stoat the violent necrophiliac serial killing fur What here we go? What the case against ODIs necrophiliac serial killing fer monsters of the sea. See, they are actually like horrific. People love otters. Hell we even once employed its own full time enthusiasts, and I guess that get the appeal. They hold each other's hands, they juggle rocks. Maybe one's raising captivity. Squak go on an introduced to water for the first time. Legend has it they saved him in lives on occasion. But there comes a point in which rational people have put adorable hydigx aside and recognized otters for what they are. Disease ridden, murderous, necrophiliac aqua weasels whose treachery knows few bounds. They are not wonderful animals, as Misstschanel would have you believe. They're merciless hellspaorn who use their intellects for great evil. Here's what you need to know about these terrible animals and way should feed them and hate them.
Speaker 1: I only heard miss Deshanel, so I'm assuming that it's Tim Motter, so therefore I'm Tim Motter. Okay, then I mean you have me until necrophiliac. See, I can forgive a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be absolutely disgusted like I can't believe it changed my out looking life.
Speaker 1: Say me.
Speaker 3: Cat's, on the other hand, still adorable. Oh yeah, still still They're my favorite animal at the zoo, the mere cat, still the goat. Yes, me cat, I'm going mercat every day of the week.
Speaker 1: It's a tough one, but you were just presented a compelling evidence against against artis a compelling case against the atta. So yeah, it might be mea cat number one.
Speaker 3: Yes, But everyone's sleeping and then Royce leaves, seeing daddy's a dead beat, he's leaving his daughter again.
Speaker 1: I would have liked a little more.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess we understand why he's going to do it, But I thought I actually didn't get to make my notes. I thought the time between him leaving and him being with the Dixie Chicks wasn't long enough. He's gone from walking out till the next morning. He's famous with the Dixie Chicks.
Speaker 1: I get where you're coming from. I didn't mind that so much. It's like I would have liked some indication that he was going to be a ramblin man before he actually took off, or that's like, oh gee, this is all great, having this Rameland thing. But I'm a little uncomfortable with it, but show that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he seems to be, like he said at once at the fair, I'm going to be a man forever. Yeah. We need to sort of plant the seeds, will he though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, but you know, if you don't want me man, we shouldn't laugh. The greatest moments in history of television.
Speaker 1: That's true, as covered on TV Launchpod, I brought to you by your Friend's dandel Guy.
Speaker 3: Next time we were recording is dexter. Did you know that? By supporting our show on Patreon, you get access to four exclusive podcasts per month, including Talking Signfouled, Tales of Futurama, Speaking of the Hill, and the Movie Guys. Plus you also get early and add free access to four Finger discount Going down to south Park TV launch Pod, and One about Friends. That's twenty hours of podcast each month for the cost of a cup of coffee. Fuck, got it got here. So go ahead and support your palas Guy and down there today at patreon dot com. Slash four Finger di scout link is an description of this podcast. So Lwlin's really sad Now Shet pop out of all the foods something horrifying about ice chicken tarts, but Lisa says, you still heart itr talent and your new song it's going to be a hit song. And then cue the dissy Chicks.
Speaker 1: Oh so like that not just cut the word pop out, gally cut pop out of stra snap crackle.
Speaker 3: Out, yes, and then made butts. Yeah, rice crackers fallout, rice, rice bubbles. They call them rice crispiesspies. That's right.
Speaker 1: In Australia we call them rice bubbles. That was my serial of choice when I was a young lad.
Speaker 3: I thought, I'm very plain that I have to sugar them. Yeah, I've whacked a bunch of sugar. Now his new favorite thing is fruit loops, but we make him have nutri green first or weeps first, and then you have Yeah, he's just that bowls of cereal every morning. Good lord, Yeah, as long as two of them are nutri grain. I don't tell you how many nuggets he smash the other day.
Speaker 1: It's it's a bigger number than the one before because he seems to be going through the nuggets.
Speaker 3: So he ate thirteen a couple of weeks ago. Now there was twenty, so there's twenty. Holly had four he ate sixteen nuggets. Oh my god, sixteen nuggets and how was this boy? Six sixteen nuggets at a large ships.
Speaker 1: Reminded me of that paralympian who you know, she was in the in the heat and she smashed her personal best and then no, no, she's got to be in the actual not the actual race, but you know, like the final that night. Then she went in the ny and she smashed her really that she smashed earlier that day. It's like, Elliott, let's go to k seeing him some more nuggets that you can get.
Speaker 3: When I was in high school, I felt like a manuer smash twenty four nugget. Right's like, let's go do twenty four. Oh yeah, he could do it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my man, JP and I went first year at UNI. We skip classic. There's go get some nuggets. It's like, what's the most we can eat.
Speaker 3: Let's trap the twenty four. We've got easy, we've got youthful. The tabolism that we'll just burn it off.
Speaker 1: This is not going to come back to the finest in the house later.
Speaker 3: In life anyway, anyway.
Speaker 1: Nuggets.
Speaker 3: But so the Dixie Chicks have now got the song.
Speaker 1: There's no type popcorn, popcorn chicken. No, not at all.
Speaker 3: No, no coconut, no coconut. But Royce has now given the song to the Dixie Chicks, or he hasn't given. He said he's written to himself. Indeed, they're singing it for him. He's now getting a lot of money for it. He's doing very well.
Speaker 1: It's rising fast on the rocket with a rocket of.
Speaker 3: It's But yeah, he's still got the no child sports show them this time. It's a light up one that you see a lot of country Western people have.
Speaker 7: We said some things that came out wrong, but now we've got a brand new song because free speech needs courktail and now and we pledge legiance to Fox News.
Speaker 3: Take away all right, juice, Oh that sounds just like m song.
Speaker 7: But how could they have heard?
Speaker 3: Oh ditty, America's back down.
Speaker 1: We're feeling Patriota again.
Speaker 7: The bus backgam were feeling Patriota, freedoms of Germanan. We're glad that we Codder, liberty has never looked hotter I used to love welcome back, Codder never goes back and feeling Patriota again.
Speaker 3: Take it away, Royce, he wrote this song, then Lewline, She's really said she's if anyone needs me orho my kid, no one needs me. I was like, oh, cute, colonel, how much of the rescue and major March and Major Marge. Yeah, is very cute, very cute moment. And she says, you know, you're just stop giving your dad too much power, stop getting yourself esteem from the men in your life, and you can do this. Any one person that can tell you what to do. Mirror Santa Claus like, oh, Santa's bed, Yes, that's Christmas decorations, by the way, very creepy looking Santa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like looking stern.
Speaker 3: A lot of Sanded's decorations are creepy, though, why do you think that is poor design? Okay?
Speaker 1: I was wondering if it was some sort of psychological thing that was just a you problem as opposed to a Santa problem.
Speaker 3: I don't know there's a Santa. We went to b W dea that and they've already got the Chrismas stuff out in BW. It's really it's our September because.
Speaker 1: I saw Halloween stuff and I'm like, it's a bit early.
Speaker 3: They've got some Yeah, we've got Christmas stuff out. Now, there's an entire Christmas section of all decorations already out. They're just kipped out away.
Speaker 1: Like we've we've got to have something to look forward to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I spoke to somebody who worked at Super Michael right, and he goes, no one's buying Halloween shit anymore. You go, so I don't think we're going to really go harder anymore. He goes the decorations. He goes, they just sit on the shelves year on year in, year out. Oh boy, because just like you guys, I think you're gonna see much Halloween shit this year.
Speaker 1: There's going to be tough for my friend Steve, who loves Halloween.
Speaker 3: Big w Bunnies has like a four meter high skeleton. It's massive. It's like size the fucking shelves at Bunnings.
Speaker 1: This is the guy who used to run like the neighboring hardware store, and he basically killed him in skin and said, don't get any ideas, don't take on Big Bunnings.
Speaker 3: But there she's told her, you can do this for yourself.
Speaker 1: Bunning spread of the pod.
Speaker 3: Homer says, you've still got your career. He makes the joke about things that she can actually achieve, one of them being TV Moon is actual movies, no TV movies. Sky is the Limit, but now White Trash Records, and Roy says he's changed the lines of the song because he's sold for a Chevy commercial. So why would you do this? Cash Money? Great? I love it. Cash Money literally walks in, she goes, here's something that you can probably understand. You think she's going to play a song. She specially over the head with the guitar. Yeah, And then they said, don't do that to his head. Need we need that for him to think about songs? She says, she she wrote it's for her, and then that's pretty much the end of his story, right, I believe? So yeah, yeah, because I think he still says I'm still the most honorable producer you've ever had. They go, yeah, sure you probably are. But she is basically Lisa's I don't need you anymore. Lowlin's now successful. She's going to be opening for the Dixie Chicks, and she's met husband number four, who was just another version of Homer.
Speaker 1: Who needs one hundred dollars for beer.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marge says that you know, of all the people who have hit on Homer, you are my favorite, brings her in close and threatens her to strangle with her own hair extensions.
Speaker 1: That's right, she wears hair extensions.
Speaker 3: That is the end of Papada Lynch. I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to, as did I, And yes I was. As I said, we feel like we're kind of in the weeds a bit in season nineteen. But Vic said that we've had a few episodes recently like it's not bad. There's a lot it's been season nineteen so far, so smoke on the Daughter wasn't bad. Last week. You don't think you enjoyed it, but it wasn't too bad. I liked it for it the most part. We also had dial in for Neerda, which was the mystery with Martin. She wasn't bad. We had the Debater which I love the Debutter. No, you like as much as I did, but it was still a good episode. Love Springfieldy and Style. Which one was that again? I was the sit in Nancy. That was the nothing episode. That was that ninety show. Yeah, that's rights, not even a right. So far, there's been a couple of stinkers, but for the most part it's been fine.
Speaker 1: It's got a perfectly good back nights WI not good, not good.
Speaker 3: So there's been it's either like you know, good episodes or absolute stinkers.
Speaker 1: We're missing out on the creamy centers.
Speaker 3: What do we learn, Bomber? What you learn from the episode?
Speaker 1: I learn from this episode whisking corn flakes? Good mix?
Speaker 3: Are they? Have you ever tried heroine with your orange juice?
Speaker 1: Thank you for adding with orange juice? Uh, never tried orange juice.
Speaker 3: I've learned that my day starts tomorrow forward, your names will be It's the Guy Davis Championship for Papa. Don't leach the current leader board. Mister Davis stands at this in first position. Here is miles ahead. It is Jared Hol't beyond twenty two points in second position, Adam Woolhouse on fourteen points, and Phil Hawkins on eleven in third position. Take it away.
Speaker 1: A great thing about the Guy Davis name New Name Championships that it could change at any time, except in this case probably not. But still we're going to go through the motions and.
Speaker 3: You never can tell.
Speaker 1: It's it's always nice for someone to be acknowledged for their creativity and coming up with a new name. So let's start by giving one point to I Got Friends in Dope Places. It's a nice play on a was it Garth Brooks tune I Got Friends in Low Places?
Speaker 3: It sounds like a country song. It sounds like some Garth Books would write. When it comes to country music, Garth books are sort of one of In the nineties, he felt like he was the king of country music.
Speaker 1: He really was.
Speaker 3: He's the one to Keith Urban. He was like the he was like the male Shania Twain. He sort of somehow transitioned from like country to like made it like poppy as well. Yeah, like mete it in the charts. Yeah, anyway, So where is he there? But that's Andy Gengle. By the way, Andy Gengle with the their first points of the season. It looks like Andy Gongle, well done. First point of the season.
Speaker 1: Well done, Andy Gangler. Two points goes to don't mess with taxes?
Speaker 3: Don't mess with taxes? Is Phil Hawkins with two points? Yeah, not quite past the three point line, but Phil two points ever fufills That puts him now on thirteen points. He is now only what twenty four points behind Jared. Let me have a look, nine points behind Joe. They're still time he.
Speaker 1: Earned back the Jay. Yeah, and three points goes to Country Lumpkins.
Speaker 3: Oh like the lot, and that would be because it's brought to you by Rage Beasley Modern Rach. That puts her now on four points, her first three point of the season.
Speaker 1: Race Beasley are also like a lot.
Speaker 3: So that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, that's the Guy Davis New Name Challenge for Papa don't leitch.
Speaker 3: Remember guys, you want to be part of the New Name Challenge. You's just going to be a supporter of ours on Patreon guy posting the Patreon group on Facebook every single week and you can come at your new names and if you win, which it seems like Jared might for this, but Phil Hawkins or Adam Willherson still catch up to him. If they catch up, they will win their top tier supporter for the following season. So for the next season, season twenty or four, fining a discount, you will be a top tier supporter and we'll pay for it. Oh my, well, my good, golly gosh, taking money out of our pockets, yes.
Speaker 1: But deservedly so. With your phone form during the New Name Challenge for season nineteen.
Speaker 3: That's right, guys, now thank you so much for all his support here again. That's right, guys, that's right, guys, that's right, guy. Don't forget. We do appreciate obvius sport here at four finger discount. If you can't suppor us on pageon you can't also do so. You can support us by rating and reviewing us on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Revedeals into this show. Just check us. A review of US five stars would be much appreciated. Boosters up those rankings. And the next episode from season nineteen we shall be reviewing will be Apocalypse cow Apocalypse now reference in the last episode, didn't we but coming out of the that is correct, dirty laundry or whatever it was at the Ballet Center. But I thought we would do a classic episode next week. I can tell people what it is. I thought, next week, let's do a classic episode of the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: When you're saying let's not tell anyoneer who it is, that includes me. Yes, you just start frames on me right now.
Speaker 3: We'll decide and you'll see it in your feeds next week, and then follow that with apocalypsecut makes sense. Yes, don't forget. Available for the price of a cup of coffee. On our pageh you get access to exclusive podcast Towers the Future, Speaking of the Hill, talking Siginfeld and the media guys. And we do have a very exciting new podcast that we'll be launching here at the four Finger Discount Network, starring one Guy Davis. Oh, I'm there occasionally chiming in, but it's good to start that way.
Speaker 1: You're clashing together the pots and pans behind the scenes and making it all sound very, very nice. And I'm providing a bit of quality content with help from well one might say illuminary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, legend of the industry. And he's a legend because basically the co host of that show, let's just say the star, one of the stars of the show is the man who took down Mechastrasan, So at least try it to anyway, should we say his name? What's officially want? That's enough for tease, right.
Speaker 1: We recorded a test pilot this morning. He may listen back to.
Speaker 3: This guy sucked. I don't know, but it's a movie podcast with one of the most iconic movie reviewers of all time, Guy Davis, and his co star. That clanging sound is us dropping clues.
Speaker 1: I think you bombly picked it up by now, but yeah, we'll reveal it officially a little bit later.
Speaker 3: Yes, here's the biggest clue. It's called the Movie Guide. Here's wow. So it's very exciting, Yes, very very exciting. All right, enough teasing, enough teas, So the next episode is going to be classic. Then we're going to be doing a pocolypse cow. Another new podcast coming here, the for Thing a discat Network. It's exciting time because the Dad's had final words for those amazing listeners out there.
Speaker 1: Oh comp for me to go whiskey up those corn flex