Speaker 1: And we continue on bred Rogan Rodney ed Eric Dickerson joins the show and Eric, good afternoon to.
Speaker 2: You, Hey, Fred, how you doing? What's up Rodney? How you guys?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Ed Man?
Speaker 2: I'm over here, stressed out, sitting out here since like two o'clock this morning. Built this fire. Uh it's a craning across the street from my house and I across the well. It's innoalable. Somebody look at the mountains and walked this morning. What I went up and my wife woke me up and uh, saying it's a fire outside, and uh, the hill was all on you know, you see the helicopters and the planes. And then in the evening the night. So I've been up since like two thirty just keeping watch. Man. It's a it's it's bad. I'm just thinking it ain't coming this way yet. But you know, it's not as window again by my house yet, but I'm still watching. I'm sitting here watching this right now.
Speaker 4: That's the thing, Ed, It's it's like the day of all days is windy, and it's it's not I mean, it's crazy wind, but it's still and so you haven't got any notifications to evacuate or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yet No, but if you leave, you can't come back. So that's that's one of the problems. You leave out, she can't, you can't get back in, and they're not letting anyone back in. Or I took my son to school, but articulate, because you know, we didn't know we could get out. She tried to take him to school and she can't get back in, and so, you know, like I said, you know, just watch, and the funny thing is, I'm not so now check this out. Just show you how kids are. My daughter was up. I guess she saw the fire at like one thirty two o'clock because I got in. I got in. I was in times Spring. I got in about nine forty five. UNCHI big cident. You had to get up early take him to school. Doesn't take him to school by then? My son in school, and she says, oh, yeah, I saw it, but I didn't. I try to be okay, you didn't wake me up, You didn't wake job like, oh yeah, I saw it. I thought it'd be okay. I'm like, oh my god, that's what kids man like. I don't know sometimes, but that's why that's why she's nineteen. But she's still like your kids, like yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, there's still kids.
Speaker 4: He's like, there's your sense of urgency or just sense of just awareness to just say, hey, maybe I should tell somebody about this it's.
Speaker 2: Going Maybe I just tell me by wait, my mom and dad just tells me I had to spine out on the hill. But she said, I just said to be okay, you just want to be I'm like, okay, no problem.
Speaker 3: Eric.
Speaker 1: So so from where you're at a you can see it and be how close do you think it is to you?
Speaker 2: If I had to say miles wise, I mean i'd probably say about five miles, maybe four five maybe maybe less, maybe three miles because see Fred, I'm looking at the Santa Monica Mountains back and see him form my office here in my house right you know, Malibu Pepperdine. It's only five miles from me from my house. I mean, I go out here and make a left and I go straight down to the beach. So I'm looking at it. I'm looking at the smoke right now over the over the older mountains. I mean, it was bad, like I seen you. I'll text you guys, some pictures on in a minute. But I mean when I got last night, when I got finally got up at three o'clock, I mean, the hill was lit up. It was lit up, and you can see the fire trucks up there. You could do the helicopters, you know. And they got the broke. They got a lot of burd that's blocked off, so you can't get in, you can't get out. I mean, it was it was scary because I'm gonna tell you know, the main thing is is that you know the insurance I mean, and you know that that's the problem. I mean, I gotta say, I mean, because you know, we got most people in this area got dropped, you know by the state farm all states, whoever you with. We have insurance, but it's just California Fan Plan and it's not the men. It's not the greatest insurance. And you know, I've always been over insured. You know, my my mother said, my mom talking to his son. Keep insurance on yourself, your house, you know, in your cars, because you never know what's gonna happen. And I've always had over insure. And when this happened for years ago, chub as my insurance carrier, you know, and I you know, it's six years ago. I have to big fire and we were out of this house for a year because of smoke. I was in a we was in a row house. And I got to say that, man, they were the best insurance carrier ever for me. And now I'm with California Stair Plan. I know I'm way under sure, like you can't. You can't get anything, that's the thing. And I mean, look, I love my house. I would say God gave it to me. And you know, I don't want to move, but I mean if I had to, I would, I would, I would move back to Texas. I was just going back, go back, go back on back to Texas.
Speaker 4: It can't be because the fires, the fires that happened a few years ago. That that the insurance companies are just not insurance in your area.
Speaker 2: Right right right? Yeah, yeah, they've been not insured in my area. I don't know. I mean certain certain parts of California they might insure, but not not over here. They want they want to insure you. As a matter of fact, I talked to my friend earlier, jeremina kid, and I asked her she got in She said, can't come to my house. I'm like, Okay, we're gonna see what's happening. And she's I said, you got insurance. She said no, she don't have insurance. She said they dropped me. We we you know, we're trying to deal with insurance. Come to but she said, they want to charge me an extra ten thousand dollars but no fire insurance. Like like like, I mean, that's crazy, but liked, Okay, I was paying. I was paying at one point. I mean I thought it was expensive, but it was cool because I knew, I know how good they were. Chill. I was paying like twenty five thousand dollars for home insurance. That's a lot. Yeah, that's a lot. Yeah, twenty twenty five thousand. Because I asked my friend Clyde Dresser in Houston. I said, now, what do you pay for insurance for your house? He said, well, just you know everything waterfire said about seventy five hundred a year. Oh my god, you just love to have that so so uh now when when when I when I was with State Farm and man, I can't stand stay far nade a bigg them a man. Every time I see Jake, I want to slap j tags, Jake, I mean them just a bunch of damn lies. Man, they are a bunch of liess. Like a good neighbor, a neighbor I want to go over the book. I ain't even say what I want to do to the neighbor. But anyway, I was paying forty five thousand dollars for homeowns and shirts, and at one point they were going to raise it to one hundred thousand. Wouldn't yes, one hundred thousand, one hundred thousand dollars for home on I mean playing anything. I'll say, like four thousand, thirty five hundred months for home owned the shirts. I mean that's a mortgage. I'm like, man, this, I mean this, man, And I say, it's crazy. It's crazy because I'm you know, I'm stressed out because you know, I know, I know my house is under shoot. I don't like being under shooter. But I have no I can't do nothing. I mean, it's what can I do? You know what?
Speaker 3: You really have to think about it.
Speaker 1: Years ago, and I don't know if either one of you remember this, and it was during the fire season and maybe this time because the winds were blowing, we were out in port a ranch uh, and the fire came up the hill. And when I say the fire came up the hill, if I walked out of my front core at about fifty feet forward, here comes the fire. I mean, it was that close, and everybody had to evacuate. Thank God, for whatever reason it stopped and did not just come a little more, because all of these houses would have been destroyed. And I thought, this is this is absolutely terrifying. There's nothing you can do. And in southern California, you know, we get this all the time. If you're in a certain area, the winds kick up the Santa Anna's and all of a sudden, there's a spark, something happens. I mean, we've seen the devastation the fires can cause. It's beautiful living here, and it's great living in the hills. And if you're in the proper place, and Eric you are, you're five miles from from Pepperdine and you go straight down and you're at the beach, I mean, it's gorgeous. But there were some serious dangers that come along with that.
Speaker 2: It's terrible. I mean, my neighbor's house above my house, he had a house. It burned down. The fire burn to the gouse.
Speaker 3: Remember that. I think I remember that what you were talking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that fire came, it came from from from the freeway from Los Virgin's. It came, you know, the other way, so it went by past my house, I mean, And I got to say, the the insurance I mean of the guy from Chilled Up came to the house and he said, I gotta say it, I don't see how this house didn't burn. I said, Man, I got to tell you myself. I won't forget the night before we had to we left. My son. He was I think the house was about five then, and he drew a picture of the house with two angels next to it and say they're going to protect the house. And I got to say, my house did it was? It was amazing, cred I just got to say, members and God did it it did not burn? Because he can't because it was. And I didn't know because he told emberss getting the house. I'm like, yeah, how it was embrass all on my carpet, every un the bottom of the curtains in the house, in the yes, in the house, in the kitchen, and I mean every like like you know, you know, like somebody like they smoked a cigarette and put it put That's what it was all. It was everywhere inside the house, but nothing caught a fire. That's why it was just amazing. So I'm hoping, man it just like I said, I'm stressed out right now, but you know, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Listen if while we're doing this, and I'll just say this before we even continue on, if you gotta go, you gotta go, all right.
Speaker 3: We want you come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know they they'll they'll probably come up with you. And if I start if I like, I'm watching the plane go over. I tell you it's the trip of seeing these planes drop this retardant and the plane drop the water. I've seen like four of them come by. Go go over ahead. Uh, but you know it's it's just real smoky over over now the boot. I'm looking at the mountains right now, and man, it is it's scary. I mean it really is scary because that's fire.
Speaker 4: I can move so fast, so fast, and then and then on top of the fire, I mean it's the smoke damage too that you got to worry about as well.
Speaker 2: That just that's that's what happened to he last that's why we had to move out, because the smoke came to the house to get some clothes, just because we were to go into the hotel. And when I came into the house, man, oh, it was so strong the smoke, the smell, and you don't realize. I when you get back outside, you're staying there for a while. Kid, with your eyes burned. I got the closes, took him back to go back to the hotel, and I took him out. I'm like, oh, these clothes too smokey. They can't wear these clothes there too. I mean, it's just you know, it doesn't smell as bad when you you know, you're kind of in it for a minute. But this house was when I say it was smoky, it was there to tell all the walls out, took all the carpet out. It was a it was a big project. So but but like I said, stay from man, do you don't? I letally not even get on that subject. You know, Like I just anybody who got stay fun us. I'm sure they feel just like me, you know, like a good neighbor. That's a damn lie. Yeah, yeah, said well, I said, like a good enemy.
Speaker 1: I was like a good enemy's a good neighbor.
Speaker 3: That's a damn lie, that's a damn line.
Speaker 2: Right. Every time I seen Jake, I want to just choke him. I mean, I know you get pat of doing them live whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all right, okay, well listen, you let you keep us posted and if you got to go.
Speaker 2: You go. Yeah, I'm watching. I'll keep you posted. But anyway, okay, let's go. Guys, we were talking about all right, Well, what we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about is we gotta let's take our first break. The Ford NFL Spotlight is driven by your Southern California Ford dealers. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Fine yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid or all electric. What you choose to do with that much power, that's up to you.
Speaker 3: Tough.
Speaker 1: This month can only be called that one fifty. So you head to your Southern California Ford dealers today for great offers on the Ford F one fifty and all Ford models during Ford's year end selathon. Problems on a plane?
Speaker 3: Have you had him?
Speaker 1: And if you had this one, we'll get into it next. Oh yeah, let's keep it moving. Come on, come on, Rod to Keith Fred Rogan the Hall of Famer Eric Dickinson on an NFL spotlight Tuesday. Yeah, come on, Freddy, talk about that airplane ride you had. All right, No, here's the deal. You guys both fly a lot, and I'm gonna tell you a story. I want you to tell me if you've encountered anything like this. So, a passenger on a plane sniffed out another traveler's file smelling food in a viral video he recently posted on social media.
Speaker 3: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: There was some guy on the plane, cause you're gonna bring food on the plane, right, You can bring food eating a tuna melt. So he's saving a tuna melt. And a tuna melt could taste pretty good at a certain time. But the problem is the smell of the tuna melt permeated the plane. It continued. It was overwhelming, it was suffocating people and for the duration of the plane it smelled like tuna. Have either one of you ever encountered that.
Speaker 4: I actually have coming back from Philadelphia and it was Yeah, it was two people, a couple sitting right in front of me, and you know, one of them had a cheese steak with onions and provolone and jalapenos, and the other one had a tuna melt and they you know, had it in a bag and a container. And then once we took off, they opened that bad boy up and it smelled. I don't know about the entire plane, but the front half of the plane you could smell that tuna and that hogi and it and that cheese steak.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: You know, if you're not eating it. If you're not eating it, then it smells worse.
Speaker 4: Because if you're eating it, you're like, who that kind of smell is kind of gooda I'm gonna get into that. But if you're not eating it and you're just smelling it, it can be the worst smell. And not all tuna is created equal, because sometimes that tuna can smell so foul if you're in a closed environment and you throw some other stuff onions on there too, and that combination just makes it, oh, almost unbearable.
Speaker 3: I can only imagine what these people are going through.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I felt that Philadelphia a five hour flight from Philadelphia, LA, and then they opened that bad boy thirty minutes into the flight and was just going to town. It just you just couldn't wait for them to finish so they could give it to the flight attendant to throw it away. But they were savoring that thing for about an hour as they ate it. Yeah, all tuna does not smell like I would agree, New.
Speaker 1: New Well, it didn't have been worse if they had some deviled eggs on there along with it.
Speaker 3: You deal with that. Oh my god, we lost a d Yeah, we got a dial ed back in. Yeah. Uh, what about you, Fred? Have you have you? Have you ever dealt with that?
Speaker 2: No? I haven't dealt with that. I had. I had a different experience on the plane one time. Uh, the guy across from MENI was basically stinking and I mean, and I say stinking. I'm like, oh my gosh, you got next to me.
Speaker 3: Wait be you stinking or guessing?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, he smelled like I don't know what he smelled like. It was just nasty. And the guy next to me looking at me, and I'm like, hey, dog, I say that is not me. I say that's this guy over here, cause you know people, and people start looking back and I'm like, I'm like, you know, but I'm the only I'm the only brother in first class. I'm like, hey, don't look at me. I'm like, I'm shaking my head doing this. I'm like, I'm pointing there, it's this guy over here. And the guy next to him got his face turned towards the window like we're gonna cut.
Speaker 1: Your hand on.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh my god, man. And that was a three hour flight and it wasn't no mad with masks, but.
Speaker 3: It was older from him, just his body.
Speaker 2: From him, his body order. I mean, he's like like he had ran up. He like he had ran from Dallas to l A, you know, and just got on the plane. So I'm like, I swear i've had that. I've never had the food smell, the body odor.
Speaker 1: Well did you say something to the guy in that situation? Does anybody say anything to him?
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: No showers on the floor, no shower on the plane. What they're gonna do? I mean, people like I say, looking and pointing and like I said, the guy next to me, I say, dog, it ain't mean I said this guy here, And I'm like, okay, okay, okay, yeah yeah. I mean when I was at church one time and the guy connect to me, he said, next to me, she's mustairs agoat and the girl next to me got a place covered. She said, I him. He said I thought it was you. I said, he is him?
Speaker 3: Oh I had that.
Speaker 2: We had that.
Speaker 4: And in Atlanta we had one other intern that was a driver for us when we were doing that Peacock show, and she was the driver that came and picked us up and every morning for to go on to set. And I remember coming and coming coming out of the room as we're getting ready to go, like a distinct smell like man who's cooking some onions and eggs?
Speaker 3: Who's cooking? Because I didn't smell it before, and she was sitting there on the couch.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, who's doing that? And I said nobody, okay, okay, okay, and go outside. Is gone, And then all of a sudden we get in the car. It's that same smell. You know what, once you smell something bad, you can't get rid of.
Speaker 2: You know that smell you can't.
Speaker 4: And I mean, as bad as it was, poor young girl, we had to get rid of her because there's no way I could sat in that car.
Speaker 3: It's thirty minute ride where we had to go, and.
Speaker 1: And this was early morning. It wasn't like at the end of the day. This was early morning that she was smelling like that, and say, oh my god, she must or a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Or somebody that tells her, well like tuna must.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I wanted so so.
Speaker 4: That flight though, Fred they were Did the people complain, Did they try to get the people to stop eating the tuna?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: And that's the problem.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do there? It is they're eating.
Speaker 1: And even even if you you say, hey, that's stunk, okay, let me throw that out, that smells still there.
Speaker 3: It doesn't evaporate. It still stings. It's like if you go.
Speaker 1: If you're at work and you know, you go to the kitchen when somebody's preparing their food and somebody decides, I'm gonna eat healthy, so I'm gonna make salmon. I'm gonna make salmon. You know, I prepared it. I'm gonna put it in the microwave, I'm gonna heat it up. I'm gonna make salmon. Let me tell you something, if you make fish, you're going to smell it, right, You're going to smell it. Now, what are you gonna do? Rodney, I made fish. I didn't know and the whole place stinks. It doesn't go away in two minutes. It just stinks.
Speaker 3: So what can you do at that point?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: But I think the other point of this, which is interesting to me, is both of you, at one point or another in the somewhat recent past, have encountered someone that absolutely stinks.
Speaker 2: Just stinks. Yeah, And when that happens.
Speaker 1: I walked into a place recently, I was like, oh god, oh my god. And I was right next to this kind of like oh no, I mean, and it was so awful. And I always wonder if somebody does smell that bad, don't they realize they smell that bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you understand it.
Speaker 4: Or they don't have somebody close in their life, they don't have anybody close in their life that can say, hey, hey, hey, hey hey, you need a baby, you know, come on down, because there's no way somebody next especially you smell somebody like we're talking about that bad that they got somebody that's close in their life every single day that smells that and is okay with that.
Speaker 1: Unless unless that person smells as well, and then that that is their accepted odor. Yeah, that's what they smell like. I mean, I always wonder if you wake up. You've got to know you stink.
Speaker 2: You just gotta know.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you sit next.
Speaker 1: To people like this or run into them, your eyes begin to water and honestly you can't start choking. I mean, it is so overwhelming. You talk about smoking your house during the fire, Eric, I mean, this is just as bad.
Speaker 2: People. Let me ask you a question for you. So, if you sit next to a guy and it just said by chance he was on the plane before the plane and he was sneaking, what would you would you say something or what would you do?
Speaker 1: The first thing I would do is try to fake some sort of ailment and ask if I could change my seat.
Speaker 2: That'd be the first thing I would do. And what if the flight is fool and you need to get back, I.
Speaker 1: Would I would probably light a cigarette on the plane to try and get rid of.
Speaker 3: The smell of the.
Speaker 1: I would like sage and see the plane on the plane, despite the fact that it is an FAA.
Speaker 2: Violation, be arrested when you when you last.
Speaker 3: But I mean, what do you do, Rodney, what do you do? I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean when you talk about that mind the story in college we had a linebacker and he just had.
Speaker 3: He had the hawk of the funk.
Speaker 2: Everybody guy like that.
Speaker 4: My god, that breath was so bad and he was and he called the signals on the defensive huddle, so every I mean, it was just a thing where you just you turned away. You couldn't. And he was a guy unfortunately. You know those people like get up close to you, like to get in your face to talk to you all the time. Hey, like they're telling you a secret all the time, but they're all up in your face. He was one of those guys too. Not only did he have bad breath, but he liked to get close and talk to you.
Speaker 1: And I remember the the guys on the defense for they just got fed up so so much that they went to his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: They went to his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: He's like, you gotta do something because whatever is whatever is happening, is is something going on with I don't know if it's the diet, I don't know what's going on at home, but man, can you just can you really help this situation because it's bad for all of us and we smell it every single day. It's bad breath. And they said the girlfriend started to.
Speaker 3: Talk to them said she had it worse than the guy. Get it worse than the guy.
Speaker 2: He's like.
Speaker 3: They were like, oh never mind, we get, we get. You guys are immuting to smell. Oh my god, the girlfriend at it worst.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you just I don't know. I don't know what you do other than oh man, especially on a plane like that on the plane, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: You don't. You don't forget those moments. I won't forget. It was a guy like you said, this guy in my high school, like, and I never forget. My dad was My dad was the best man I knew. And so we're driving to school and this guy his name he's driving, were driving. We see and I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, no, don't know it. Kick him up. Oh I know, he stink. He's in the car, he's this in this car. And I'm like, oh my goods, my daddy. He didn't courage, he said, who it's a tough TV here right now. Oh my god, man, I'm telling everybody knew he had a small.
Speaker 1: So the worst breath.
Speaker 3: You know this.
Speaker 1: This guy's no longer with us. So I'm a young cub, young cub reporter, and I had you know, started in Globe. I went to Yuma, Austin. But I'm back in Phoenix now and I'm working at NBC in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: I was like twenty.
Speaker 1: One, twenty two years old, and I'm doing the five o'clock sports and I think this is great. I grew up in Phoenix, I went to high school in Phoenix. My friends are gonna see me here, so I'm gonna do a bang up job, Rodney. I'm gonna kill it. I'm gonna I'm gonna bust my ass, and I'm gonna do everything possible, and I'm gonna cover the things other people don't cover.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 1: I continued on throughout my career in Los Angeles, but one thing that was underutilized or underserved there, I should say, was Arizona State basketball, the sun Devils. And these were teams with Alton Lister. Remember Alton Well, yeah, I remember Alton listed absolutely Okay.
Speaker 3: They had a good run. Uh huh okay.
Speaker 1: So anyway, scot days it kind of almost ran, yes, yes, So I would go out there and I would talk to the players. I think I talked to Byron when he was in college, as a matter of fact, And I would talk to the coach. And I don't know if you remember the coach. It was ned Walk. Wuld walk all right. So I would talk to ned Walk and the first time I ever talked to him, nice enough, guy had been there for years, a legend at the school. The first time I talked to him, I thought, maybe something smells. It was a bit uncomfortable talking to him, and I actually cut the interview short because I thought, my God would have I done. I mean, there's something wrong with me, wrong with you, because you smelled it wrong with you, because I thought because it was it was so overwhelming, I didn't think another human being, yeah, could be that way. It was ned Walke's breath, the worst breath.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: And every time I would talk to him, Yeah, yeah, Rodney, Yeah, every time I would talk to him, it got to a point and I really liked him. Why did you stop talking to him? For my own preservation, for my own safety and salvation? Because I couldn't do it any longer. Yeah, And that was the worst.
Speaker 3: I've ever ever encountered.
Speaker 4: That's hard, you know. And yeah, and again got that somebody's got to have some tough love with people that you know, go out like that if you don't, you gotta, you know, carries carry those mint with you everywhere you go.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: We called Boca bread.
Speaker 3: Nedwalk, Banoca Breath.
Speaker 1: Join us a Sunday at one pm at Rock and Bruise and Elsagundo for the Ultimate TCL ninety eight inch TV NFL Watch Party. Catch the game on a massive ninety eight inch TCL screen. Show up for your chance to win tickets to the Chargers Broncos game. Don't make your chance to want a brand new ninety eight inch TCL TV. See you this Sunday at one pm at Rock and Bruise and El Segundo. Do not miss the action. Okay, they're still alive. Every game is a playoff game, and they sure scored big in the game. On Sunday. We'll talk about the Rams next.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go, let's keep it moving on a Tuesday. Hope, and everything's all right, folks living out there and uh Calabasas Malibu, dealing with the fires and the smoke. We hope you're staying safe. Staying safe out there. Roddy P.
Speaker 1: Fred Rogan, Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson, Come on, d the Rams win. I mean let's just put it like that. They Buffalo, they're still alive, still alive, clinging to a playoff spot. Every game now for them is a playoff game. But if they can do what they did against Buffalo the rest of the way, not only do I think they make it, I think teams are gonna want to avoid them.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the Rams are that tricky team. You know, one maye they look bad one way, they look like, Wow, everything's great, or they have one side of the bottle this because the defensive looked good, the offensive won't. We can't score in the red zone, or the defense can't stop anyone and the offense is spluttering too. So you just never know what you're going to get. I gotta say, And I didn't see the whole game. I saw some of the game on the plane. Uh, and I was shocked, shocked. I mean, I gonna lie. I think, Man, I say, man, bublog Bee, that's to death. And I was I was hoping. I'm sure I want him to. But we they'd been playing, I'm like, man, they probably gonna beat up on us really good. But I gotta say, and I've said this earlier in the year that Sean McVay has done a great job of coaching this team. This is this is a young football team, and I have a tendency to forget that part of it. You know, you got a lot of guys that are three four year guy four year players, and then that that's young in the National Football League. You know, they make a lot of mistakes, mistakes that we don't see right now, you know as well as I do. You know, sometimes you might not see a guy he missed the black, or he went the wrong ride, he went the wrong way, and the quarterback might have got sacked, or the running back missed the hole. You know, sometimes you can see that from the stands and the person said, oh, bo, I could have did that yet, right. But the team itself, I mean, I gotta say they play hard. They played really hard. I mean, man, some of the throws that Stafford made, but like, wow, I see man, was he was this She's in the sixteenth year. Man, he is he is truly like the true grit tough. I mean, he he is Eagan flingt I mean, and that's one of the reasons that we're still hanging in there. I mean, had a great game. Twelve catch one hundred and sixty two yards calling Williams he played well, had twenty nine carry. That's a lot of carriers, you know, this day and age for running back, you know, especially with the Rams. But you know right now behind Seattle, now we need to go to San Francisco and beat Sampiche. We can beat San Francisco and they got a lot of they got they got injuries also, but they're not playing any Bathroan we are right now. We just can't go up there and do what I think that we have attention to do is that give a big plays on defense. That's that's one of the problems. Like we'll stop them be third and thirty five and we get we'll give up we'll have a penalty for forty or give up a bomb a touchdown. We can't. We can't do that. So I think that's that's that's what we have to try to not do and play good foot. You know this list of this is our RIVALIY game and we hope to go and beat San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, and you know, on on on Matthew stafford Man, we get so enamored, especially now talking about Mahomes and Josh Allen and Joe Burrow and some of the younger guys. But Matthew Stafford in terms of arm talent, is as good as any one of those guys, any one of them. He has that type of talent to throw the football and fit it and do it at different arm angles like anyone in the National Football leg and as good as anyone in the National Football League and doesn't always get the credit.
Speaker 3: And you know, the problem with the Rams is that the depth they have no depth.
Speaker 4: If they get hurt or injured at all, injured at all on any phase of their of their offense or defense, whether it be missing an offensive lineman or missing the receiver like Cooper Cup goes out or the Coup goes out, or you know, Kay Williams goes out, or they miss an offensive lineman or defensive lineman, then they're then they're struggling depth wise. The Rams don't have the depth to maintain that. And that's been you know, part of their issue. When they're healthy, You're right, you said it. Fit they're a team that nobody really wants to face when they're healthy.
Speaker 1: And the thing about them is they're they're hanging around. You know, yeah, think of this for a second, if you look what the Dodgers did this year. Now, obviously the Dodgers won their division, but the adversity that team had to face, and by facing that adversity once they hit the playoffs, they were at a different level. If you really look at the Rams this year, they have been through an awful lot, and Indy, you nailed it. You know, some weeks pretty good and other week's awful. Guys were hurt, they were bad. Guys came back, they were still bad, but then they were good. If you just look at this, if they continue to play like this with this young roster and hoping that don't make a ton of mistakes, they're gonna end up winning the West. I think they're gonna end up winning the West with Seattle. You know, Seattle's the team that's kind of right there. They've been holding around and everybody's not talking about Arizona had their little quick run where I thought Arizona was going to be the team. The Rams are just like you said, fred Head, hanging around, hanging around, hanging around. They beat the forty nine ers this week. I think the Rams go on and and and and win the division, and then it becomes one of those. Okay, do you really want to see us?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And that's true. I Mean they got they've got the forty nine ers, they've got the Jets, and they've got the Cardinals who left I guess on on the schedule, you know. And and the thing is we could we could beat all three of those teams. They really could. And that you know, right like I can say, Man, you just never know what team's going to show up. That's that's the problem. I mean, you know with certain teams, you know, they're consistent. I mean, the good teams are consistent. I mean you got to say, like the like the Chiefs consistent right now, the Lions they're consistent, The Eagles, they're consistent, the Steagers, the Steelers they're they're they're pretty consistent. And that's what you want, is you know, as a former player, man, the consistency is the big thing. You can't lose games that you that you should win. Go back to man, we should have beat Chicago. I mean we really should have beat Chicago, but we didn't. You know, I said, I always say lose to say that, but but then you look at Chicago now, I mean they're they're they're mest. Matter of fact, we talked to which were talked to other players yesterday and he was saying, man, the offensive line is a disaster. One guy said that he got sick. You know he before that right for it, I guess for the game. He got sick. So he said, Okay, if you started, don't go go make thirty million dollars. I mean, I guess you know, it's contract, and and they cut in. I'm like, so, I mean, everybody has their problems on their teams. But you know, when when you when you when you like our team, I think about the rams. You know, they think and take care of their own business. You know, winning winning solves all that. They don't have to worry about the don't have to depend on something. You know, you have to depend on somebody else to lose. And we need to win. You know. If they go ahead and win, you know, and they'll they'll win to win the division and be in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Ford NFL Spotlight presented by Spotlight twenty nine Casino Eric's favorite spot in.
Speaker 3: The Coachella Valley.
Speaker 1: Check out Spotlight twenty nine dot com for the best entertainment or sign up for twenty nine awards where you'll play, earn points and spend them however you prefer. You'll see why Spotlight twenty nine Casino is Coachella's best bet.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: When we come back off to Dallas, we go David Vasse at Baseball's Winter Meetings.
Speaker 3: We'll get the very latest