Speaker 1: Mister Bokeller here k if I am six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Have you ever had something seemingly minor just completely throw you off your game and wreck your concentration for the rest of the day. My OCD can be easily impacted by the smallest of things, not that you care, but I'm gonna share anyway. Negatively impacted, Yes, negatively as opposed to positivity. I see, I've never, or I should say, I had not ever cracked my phone glass ever in the history of having phones Hill Saturday, No, God.
Speaker 2: Please no.
Speaker 1: And it has wrecked my life in the days since.
Speaker 2: And it's only Tuesday.
Speaker 1: And I said, well, maybe I'll just go ahead and get another phone, or I'll get another glass for the phone. And I don't have eight hours to just set aside to have the phone, you know, get it repaired, because that's just not an option in my life. And I had already given away my backup phone to one of my sons, so I don't have a backup phone.
Speaker 2: Normally I would have had a backup phone.
Speaker 1: I was just kept it moving, but I don't have a backup phone, so it's really messing with my life and I can't use my phone the way I want to use it, and it's driving me insane. And then I wanted to say, well, let me just go on tostore dot Google dot com and get me one of the new Pixel nine a's, which had just been announced in the nineteenth Oh so sorry, they're not available until March. I mean, excuse me April now, but they're not actually available for sale. I'm thinking, like, wait a minute, why don't you tell me about this phone? I can't even have it. I thought I had a solution to my problem, but instead I don't have a solution to my problem, and my OCD is absolutely killing me. Not that you care, but you should be aware. So if I should exhibit some really erratic behavior, that's why have did you ever?
Speaker 2: Like? I put it this way, I was that kid when I went to school.
Speaker 1: If I, for some reason had mismatched socks on, it would bother me the whole frickin' day. If I went to school and forgot to put on my belt, it would bother me the whole day. Little things will throw me off like that. I can't be the only one. I can't be.
Speaker 3: I have a glass cover, like protective case on my phone because I couldn't have that.
Speaker 1: But I've never it's never happened to me before, never until this past Saturday. But you've never had a cover. No, No, I need to feel the glass.
Speaker 2: You can still feel it.
Speaker 1: I don't want a phone condom, want.
Speaker 2: A raw dog it? Okay, No, you need protection.
Speaker 1: You know where your thumbs are.
Speaker 2: No serious, I don't like those phone covers.
Speaker 1: Fill mine. No, feel it, touch it. It's it's very smooth. Look it's very smooth. Look touch it. You can't even tell. Now. I've dropped that a couple of times, and I would like to It's still smooth. You can still fill all the buttons, all the knobs, all the the indentation. Yes, it's very smooth. And I've dropped there. There is like a little crack in this one because I've dropped it. I dropped it and then I stepped on it. So now I have to go and get my spare glass case cover. I was just a victim of circumstance. I was getting out of the car and I had it in my hand, and I was going to my hot Keto studio and I happened to drop it. I've dropped it maybe ten or twelve times, and this time it happened to drop right on its face on some jagged asphalt and you know, the rest, they say is history, and I've been out of sorts ever since. I just it's almost like you walk in front of the mirror and you see that ZiT in the front of your center of your forehead every single time, and you can't look away because that's all you can focus on. Well, all I can do is focus on this big ass crack on my phone. Not that you care, but you need to be made aware because I'm on one tonight.
Speaker 2: Things a little bit different. Oh, speaking of on one tonight, and.
Speaker 1: The next segment, we're going to talk about what we're going to do to save Mark Ronner.
Speaker 4: I saw that on the rundown and it filled me with dread because Tuala wouldn't tell me what it was about.
Speaker 1: We're going to have a special segment and we're going to save the life of Mark Ronner. We're going to intervene and this is very serious, very serious, thank you. We're going to keep him from getting killed. We're not going to tell you why or how, but there's going to be an intervention. Next segment, and it's all all about Mark Ronner.
Speaker 4: I'm not feeling so great. I think we got to call Heather back in. It's for the greater good. I promise you that that's the tease. Just get that phone fixed with you.
Speaker 1: And also, remember how we told you about how schools, especially in southern California, were implementing their own ways of making sure that kids don't use their phone, you know, the head the cell phone band. Some schools were collected to phone, some were putting them in these pouches, these magnetic pouches, And we said, you know, kids are gonna find a way around all this stuff. They are, they are, and sure enough they have. We'll tell you about that at the bottom of the hour. And we have an update about the fire zones. There is an update to the danger zones as far as where you are and the likelihood of you having to deal with a fire in the next five to ten years. So we have that and so much more. Full show tonight, it's Later with Mo Kelly. I'm still upset about my phone. Pray for me. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty. And this next story is specifically an intervention to protect and save the life of Mark Ronner, who has been known to give a runner or two or four to people who may cut him off, who may wrong him in some way on the highways of southern California.
Speaker 4: I see, I see where this is going now, and do you try to imagine my gratitude, please proceed.
Speaker 2: There was a woman who was arrested.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say this morning, excuse me, yesterday morning around eight fifteen, no, excuse me, arrested about five pm yesterday. And the incident happened about eight fifteen a few days ago, where a twenty four year old woman from San Bernardino County now in custody accused of attempted murder because of a road rage. In what happened is she was traveling westbound on the ten Freeway east of Riverside Avenue in the San Bernadino area. A motorist in a gray Nissan Rogue, now identified as Loma Linda resident Angeline Marie Gable, was reportedly angered over a lane change when she pulled alongside the victim. The driver of a black twenty twenty four, Honda civic authorities say that Gable pulled out a glock handgun and fired several rounds at the Honda, striking it numerous times. Wow, that's just rude over a lane change mark. And here's something else which is very important. The Office of Criminal Investigations, Emergency Notification and Tactical Alert Center, which is in Sacramento, provided real time investigatory assistance and discovered a FLOCK safety camera had captured an image of the suspect vehicle, meaning they were able to track this call as it drove around the city and they later arrested the would be assailant later that day at around five pm, just from the FLOCK system camera.
Speaker 2: So there are two lessons here, Mark Ronner, Yes, yes, be.
Speaker 1: Careful giving out runners because someone may shoot you.
Speaker 4: And what is a runner again, Roner is when you flip them the burd So there's already a name for that. We don't need to give it my name.
Speaker 1: But when you're listening later with mo Kelly, it has the context of you and you driving, so we're gonna call her a runner for the sake of this conversation.
Speaker 4: I gave a guy in a big truck, a thorough ronnoring over the weekend. Who is one of those things where there's three lanes and I'm in the middle lane. He could see that there were cars parked in the right lane coming up, so he tried to like jag in front of me and cut me off and get into my lane instead of just slipping in behind me like a polite, normal human being. Right, he got the panoramic runner. And you may have been justified in doing it. But is it worth being shot at? I'd prefer not to be shot at. You perforrect about that.
Speaker 1: But you may lose control of the situation after you run or someone and they may try to, you know, pop a cap in your ass, and I don't want that to happen.
Speaker 4: No, And I appreciate that. I can feel the love emanating from you. I never get out of the car. It's just a polite, little raised finger. When polite, when somebody does something egregious, the finger is never as impolite as the behavior that inspired the finger.
Speaker 1: That that may be true, we can argue that point, but I would not say that a middle finger is polite. There are varying degrees of impoliteness. Well, I don't, but I wouldn't call it polite. Well, I don't have the means to write them a letter and hand it to them like kind sir, are you aware that you did something obnoxious and dangerous just then just letting you know, thanks, have a nice day. No, the finger is shorthand for all of that. Can't you just throw up both your hands like saying, what the hell dude?
Speaker 2: Well, that's kind of an earlier version of the finger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like if somebody, like if somebody cuts in front of you and then slows down, that's so, what the hell dude?
Speaker 1: Okay, going back to the story, I'm quite sure the woman who cut off the would be gun woman probably was wrong as far as the rules of the road. I want to give the attempted murderer because she's tar arts with attempted murder. I'm going to give for the benefit of the doubt and say that this civic actually did cut her off.
Speaker 2: But is it worth it to risk your life? Is it?
Speaker 4: Well, you don't want to blame the victim first and foremost, Well, in what you're trying to do is blame me, And I'm always the victim.
Speaker 1: No, But what I'm saying, Okay, the person who got cut off in this story responded with a gun.
Speaker 2: So is that person the victim in this story? Well, I don't carry a gun.
Speaker 1: No, no, but you carry a runner. I'm saying everything a victim, everybody. My point is you you characterize yourself as a victim because of what was done to you.
Speaker 4: You mow twala foush. We're all carrying unloaded runners at all times. It's a weapon of peace. It's a non lethal weapon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But see Mark, And the reason I no longer unleash fiery runners on the road is because of the wisdom, believe it or not, of my daughter who said to me, Daddy, you may want to issue that runner. Her daughter does not say that that issue.
Speaker 2: That runner in anger.
Speaker 1: But you don't know if the person receiving that runner is crazy, and crazy beats angry every time, Daddy, keep those runners holstered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: I don't think your daughter would appreciate you putting false words into her mouth like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: She doesn't call the middle finger by the name of your coworker.
Speaker 1: I know this, But she has said that between mad and angry and someone who's angry is not thinking straight, and they're probably more committed to the escalation than you are. You probably are intending to runnor and move on with your day. Where that as that crazy person going back to the story, obviously had a gun available in the car, loaded glock, it didn't probably have a safety on it, and was ready and looking for a reason to use it on someone.
Speaker 4: Well, there's going to be crazy people any place that you go. And if somebody does something rude and you give them a gesture that indicates that they were being rude, and then they pull out a piece that's compounding the rudeness, you understand that, right, it doesn't matter if you're dead.
Speaker 2: Though you could be right and dead. I would prefer to be right and alive.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're making progress here, Yeah, So I would rather you err on the side of caution and not put yourself in a situation where the choice to continue to live has been taken away from you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So for me and the people listening in their cars right now, who overwhelmingly agree with me, what would you a strophol what would she yes? What would you tell them to do in place of the runnor? I would say, if you can keep your hands at ten and twelve. Just you don't have to remove either hand for a panoramic, for a thrusting, a gyrating, or an out the window runner. What about a crankt into the open position one like in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 3: No, because that's not taking as fun and playful on the road. In a film, it's fine, but you know in real life that's almost more insightful. That's even more reason for me to come after you, because now you're clowning with your honors. But don't you think people know when they've done something terrible and rude and unsafe?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm quite sure when this person pulled the gun and started dumping, they thought it was rude and unsafe. They didn't care, and that's my point. Well, they deserve an extra honoring for that, all right then, But you can't with a bullet in your head. I'm trying to protect you from you.
Speaker 2: Mark. I want you to live. Mark, you're my brother. I love you.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect to cry coming into work today. I said, you're gonna make that happen.
Speaker 1: This is an intervention because there is someone listening right now who, like you, has no reservations about giving someone a runnor.
Speaker 4: Well, it is important to stand up to bullies and wrongdoers.
Speaker 1: You understand that moment, yes, And most bullies don't actually want to fight. That's why they'll shoot from another car. That's my point. A person who's going to shoot is not trying to pull over and go head up with you. You and I have been in scraps before, all right. A person's gonna shoot you is not trying to fight you.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe I should get one of them there, tesla's. Aren't they supposed to be bulletproof? This yer, those swasti cars. You can't trust those things. The panels fall off. You're not going to stop a bullet. Okay, there's no bulletproof cars. There probably are, but you don't drive one of them. No, No, not currently, nor could you probably be able to afford it. Well, if you want to get that personal, I don't know if any of.
Speaker 1: Us here is personal. That's the whole point. We're trying to keep you alive. And actually the serious point of this conversation is it's not worth escalating the situation. I know every single day someone makes me angry, and I'm not going to stare them down. I'm not going to do some aggressive maneuver and cut them off, and I'm not going to break check them if I happen to be in front of them.
Speaker 2: It's not worth it. Will I calm down eventually? Yes?
Speaker 1: Am I angry in the moment, absolutely, But this is a perfect example of wrong place, wrong time, because I know I'm angry, and going back to what Taualla's daughter said to him, I don't know if there's dumb and crazy any other car having nothing to do with my anger.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: I mean I follow the apocalypse now ruled never get out of the boat, never get out of your car for a road rage incident. And I just watched a clip yesterday of a woman, I think it was a woman getting out of her car and trying to approach the next car ahead who'd break checked her or something like that, and a cop stops cold on the other side of the road and gets out and stops her from doing it. And he's like, I got this, Okay, you get back in your car.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't get out of my car anymore, I know, And I say never should And I say any more because I have been on the other side of that logic you know those electronic reader boards where you can program it to have messages that scroll across the screen.
Speaker 2: I'd like to have one of those for my car. You can you can get those.
Speaker 4: You can put it on right on top of your car, and hopefully, like a Marquee, you can program it with a picture of a middle finger so you can keep your hands on toilet cark.
Speaker 1: You cannot take a level Runners or you know, analogue runners. They're they're the same. No, no science marches on. This is you need to embrace the future. Mo. We tried to try. Sometimes you just got to let family go. I want to live for you, I want to live for both of them. I have some addicts in my family and we couldn't save them. I feel the same way. I'm giving the exact thing feally. It's like, sometimes you just got to let them go. So I'm a middle finger junkie. Is that it pretty much? And you know I I don't want you to encounter someone who has a glock on the ten freeway.
Speaker 4: Oh I need to fix right now. Look at this right here? Ah, that felt so good. You actually ronored me in the middle of a freaking show. Well, it was just to make a point, and now I feel bad about it. I hope we can move on and you can forgive me.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Look at the time when we come back, we go into the schools and talk about how students are circumnavigating the supposed cell phone band.
Speaker 2: Just like we told you.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: And middle school high school kids all around Los Angeles Unified School District are being told don't touch that phone. If you try to use it during school hours, you'll be cited. The phone will be taken away, confiscated, maybe your parents will be contacted as well.
Speaker 2: It's an unusual time.
Speaker 1: Schools are trying to figure out and navigate a way to allow students to have their phone with them on campus, but not use them while school is in session. And this new policy for LAUSD we've talked about for quite some time, and different schools have somewhat different approaches. Will take University High for example, they've turned to a local company called Yonder while in dr and Yonder is a maker of a lockable pouch commonly used in film premierees. If you've ever been to a worldwide premiere of a movie. They'll usually take your phone, they'll hold it up the front, they'll put it in this pouch. I know, I've had to do it any number of times. And then you it's almost like a coach check. You get a receipt and then you come back and get your phone at the end of the movie. It's much like that. And you have these pouches available now at schools which are going to do the same thing. They're stealed with a magnet, and it's the most popular choice of most of the schools trying to enforce this cell phone band. Here's the problem, and I said this before they even talked about possible ways to get students to not use their phones. I said it. Ta Wallace said it. We said, just like they were able to hack their own laptops, they would find a way around the pouch or any type of mechanism that you would have to keep them away from their phones. Why, because their kids, and they're smart and they're always looking for a way to get over. Students have done exactly what I said they were going to do.
Speaker 2: They're using decoy phones.
Speaker 1: I started the show today and this was for a reason, talking about how I cracked the screen on my phone. It normally wouldn't be a big deal, even though I've never done it before, because why I had a backup phone, and when I had a backup phone, I didn't really trip on anything that would happen to this phone, because all I would do is just use the backup phone. A lot of kids now, since they get new phones just about every year, have backup phones laying around that actually work, or at least you can turn on the power. And you know what is an administrator going to know? They're not going to know whether it's their true phone or a backup phone. And these kids, what are they doing, Twalda. They're giving the back of phone and putting that in the pouch and keeping their main phone and using that in.
Speaker 3: Class, or as my daughter has just informed me, they'll be still listening to their music. So they'll walk into class and they'll turn on their music listening device Spotify or whatever, and they'll hide their Apple earbud under their hair and just turn the phone. They'll still be listening jamming to their music.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people still sneak their phones. They're not turning. They'll turn in empty vouches and the light. This is a first hand account of how she would never break the rules, but she's aware of how other people are breaking the rules.
Speaker 2: She said, not need me, but this is how other people are getting around it.
Speaker 1: Look, this is not I'm not trying to equate this to criminal behavior when I say I think like a criminal, but I do think like someone who's always looking to circumnavigate, circumvent, kind of sidestep all of the rules. This is what kids are going to do, and I know it's the best foot forward by schools right now. I just think we were kidding ourselves if we didn't think that kids were going to be smarter than all the administrators trying to enforce this rule.
Speaker 3: Now, she did say they all are trying to crack down now, so I'm thinking right now at the entry point of this crackdown and the band and then putting in patches, yes, kids are finding a way around. But as the months go on and years go on, they will get to a point where this does work. I think right now it's almost backfiring, and that kids are spending more time trying to find ways around the system, which is more of a distraction. But eventually eventually this will work.
Speaker 2: We'll see what I think. Work is going to be a relative term.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, I don't need it to be fool proof. I just don't need to kid ourselves as far as how effective it's going to be. I was talking about UNI High and their rules are if you're caught as a student breaking the rules for the first time, you lose your phone for the rest of the day, Okay, big deal, five hours maybe for them it's a big deal. And if you do it a second time, if you found in violation a second time, your phone is confiscated and their parent or guardian is notified and required to retrieve it on a designated day, you tuala. As a parent, would you be more angry at your child for a second violation or the fact that you would not be able to get in touch with your daughter on her primary phone if need.
Speaker 3: Be, I would have to turn on my mic I would be upset at both. Actually, I would be upset that my daughter had violated the rules, but I would be even more upset if the school decided to take the phone and not return it. And I can go back to a point in time when my daughter just had left her phone in her locker and wasn't allowed to go back to get her phone after that's because she had to run to her next class and the locker room was closed. Whatever, And I went and I lost my mind because I'm like, I have been calling my daughter to pick up after school and she couldn't get a hold of her phone. So eventually she called me from her friend's phone, said, hey, they took my phone. And I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa whoa, whoa, whoa. I don't care what's happening with you and your school. My daughter is there with her phone for a reason. There is nothing that you should be doing where you should be taking her phone and preventing me from getting in contact with her, especially because after school the school is closed. So if I can't contact the school to contact her and I can't get her because you have taken her phone, we have a problem. And they did not like it when I came in. They did not like the response. Were you hostile? I was very hostile, Very very hostile words were used, which made which made it very very best words that the very best words it were verbal runners, and that did not happen again.
Speaker 1: There was no more taking of the phone. There was you know what's her in the future. What we will do is we will have a conversation with you. Uh and my mother and I said, you do.
Speaker 3: That, you have a conversation with us firsthand. Do not take it upon yourself to take the phone that we are using to get in contact with her.
Speaker 2: You have no idea what may be going on in our lives.
Speaker 1: This is something you know, always thinking about how to get around certain rules. I just, in my limited knowledge of technology, I know how I can message from my laptop right now if I didn't have my phone, I know how to make calls from my laptop. And I know that everyone under the age of seventeen knows this as well. I know that they've already figured out how to get around all this.
Speaker 2: And I know doesn't your daughter. Does she have her own laptop.
Speaker 1: That she's allowed to take the class yep, Yes, that she's supposed to use in class right.
Speaker 2: Yes, technology all over the US.
Speaker 3: I mean, if she is sending messages, if she's trying to communicate, if she was even looking at videos, there's all types of things that she could be doing that all these kids could be doing. And because most LAUSD schools have now adopted a iPad or some sort of technology component to being in school, that's why they've started getting rid of lockers and all that kind of thing, even though for some reason another kids backpacks are still hella heavy. It's a whole nother conversation. Yeah, I don't get that, Yeah that's ridiculous. But the notion of taking technology, especially because some of the programs that they have on these iPads are not as robust as programs that may be on the phones, which my daughter does use as well to do work. Because she's not always doing the work and turning it in on the iPads. Sometimes there are some programs she says, you know, it's easier for me to do it on my phone. I've watched her do it too, so she's not lying. I've watched her do it and easier for her to do it on her phone. I think that there does have to be some type of compromise because again I think right now we're at a point when just looking at these messages for my daughter, she says, people are finding all types of ways around it. Who said that kids are who said they would kids said that up. I mean, I think that was what at the very beginning, before the problem was even launched, we did. It was said here, and now it's happening. So what are we doing right now?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: I think it's well intentioned, but I know for a fact, I'll bet dollars to donuts. This is a lawsuit, major lawsuit waiting to happen.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to blame the school.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, let's look a few steps down the road. When a parent legitimately needs to get in touch with their child and they are unable to, like, for example, after school hours, the phone has been confiscated unbeknownst to the parent, and you're assuming that both parents know. Maybe one parent is trying to get in touch with the child and does not do Long story short, we got to go to break. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and we told you here first because the way it's set up, it's not going to work, and kids are going to work their way around it, and there are other problems which have yet to be addressed.
Speaker 2: It's later, mo Kelly, when we come back.
Speaker 1: We when we talk about the Southern California fire danger zone update and also how Altadena residents are protesting the use of the golf course as a debris zone.
Speaker 2: That more in just a moment.
Speaker 5: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Very quickly, we have talked about the fires extensively. We talked about what we've not done in preparation for the next fire or what we should have done prior to these most recent spate of fires that we've been enduring, and not only in the Los Angeles area, but the Los Angeles County area.
Speaker 2: Now listen to this.
Speaker 6: For the first time in fourteen years, CalFire is releasing new fire hazard maps. They show the probability of a wildfire occurring in the given area within the next thirty to fifty years. Inspectors analyze data on vegetation, terrain, fire history, and local weather. Take a look at this comparison. More than eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: It's radio I can't take a look at it. That's really unfair to ask.
Speaker 6: Terrain, fire history, and local weather. Take a look at this comparison. More than eight hundred thousand acres have been added to the high and very high zones that's the orange and red, and new this year, identified moderate danger that's the yellow seen here in Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside County.
Speaker 7: Replacing a roof with flame resistant materials.
Speaker 6: Firefighters want people to understand the risk they're in, to plan and prepare.
Speaker 7: Multi pain windows with tempered glass, making sure that all of their vent openings on your home, the openings the screens are less than an eighth of an inch, and then removing all combustible sighting on your homes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not the expert, but I do have a question. What jumps out at me. Let's say I do that all that's recommended for my home, but my home is the only home that does that, and the rest of my neighborhood is what we've already seen and not up to that particular. I don't want to say cold because it's not mandatory. These are suggestions and recommendations. Does that make any difference? I mean, if my house is a little better protected, but the rest of the neighborhood is not given what we saw two months ago, I don't know if that changes the calculus at all.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, what I need to hear in this report is that the city is paying for this retrofitting.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: If the city's not paying for this retrofitting and they are expecting homeowners to do this on their own, good luck with that those who have houses left standing. I don't know if many are going to be able to retrofit their houses, especially looking at so many of the houses in Altadena that have these wide grates or wide vents at the base of the roof when you get to the house, I've seen that it's like like our house as that, and then they have these wooden beams that can easily catch fire. I don't know if anyone has that type of money to redo that.
Speaker 1: Since we're also talking about Altadena and residents and what they feel they're going to need going forward, there is a brooding controversy about use of the golf course within Altadena as the temporary wildfire debris recycling center Twala. You are in and out of the area, are you hearing about that. Is it something which is a huge issue or do they understand this is just kind of part of the process.
Speaker 2: Yes and no.
Speaker 3: There there are those who want to maintain the beauty and the prestige of the Altadena wildfire or the Altadena golf course. And no, they do not want this debris and recycling centers set up there because there is no assurance that the golf course will be returned to the way that it's supposed to look. It's already suffered enough as it is with the wildfire, and now you want to come and use it as a recycling center without any real guarantees on what's going to happen after you're done. You know, are you going to replant the grass? Are you going to rebuild what is destroyed? Because just sitting the stuff there when there are other options that I know the other options are also not good because they're talking about just dumping stuff in the valley and the North Hills and West Hills there.
Speaker 2: They're like, they don't want it there either.
Speaker 1: Nimbi, Yeah, I know they don't want it in their backyard. And I understand the considerations with got to be made. You would like to preserve the golf course. And I'm saying this as an outsider, so I understand that my opinion doesn't count and I may not fully understand the gravity of it, but it may be functionally what's necessary in the short term to help get through this a little quicker as opposed to trying to move it fifteen miles away from there.
Speaker 3: Possibly possibly. I know that there are several areas within the valley where there are just absolute open fields. There are areas that some are saying even along the two ten and where you get to like Sun Valley, where there's just open space. If you're just if you just need a place to dump the stuff temporarily and recycle it, why not go to an area where there is open land for the moment instead of going to a place like that that is established and that you are going to have to do so much repair on.
Speaker 2: That is kind of the argument. It's like, why.
Speaker 3: There's got to be there's got to be some open spacing where you can do it, versus destroying the altad in a golf course, which is like can we not have something that stands that is not also destroyed or not also made uh to look bad in the in the in the interim.
Speaker 2: I see the trucks. I was out there the other day. I see the trucks. They're NonStop.
Speaker 3: They are just going up and down farokhs of debris don't stop at the golf course.
Speaker 2: Keep on going.
Speaker 3: Take it to an open space where you can dump it temporarily and recycle it can.
Speaker 1: If I AM six forty years later with Mo Kelly. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Kf I'M and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County
Speaker 2: Live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app.