Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. MLB season underway in Japan, the Dodgers beat the Cubs four to one first game of the Tokyo Series sho hey Atani two hits Yoshinobu Yamamoto or in the win for the Dodgers. Ben Brown tagged at the loss for the Cubs. Dodgers and Cubs play second and final game six' ten a.
Speaker 2: M eastern.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow and it was my husband who corrected me that at three am today he woke me up and said.
Speaker 2: It's time for A dodger. Fight AND i thought it was a. Dream well it's better than, you you, know springing up in bed with. Him, well how is? He how did?
Speaker 1: He how is he up at three? Am does his heart just wake? Up Because Dodger baseball is about to? Start and it's like this. Thing he didn't set the three o'clock, Alarm like he just is up at three am right before first pitch to say it's time For it's.
Speaker 3: Eerie it's similar to like you knowing when the seasoned premiere Of Real housewives comes.
Speaker 2: Out you just know, It, okay call.
Speaker 3: It The Trump administration's battle with the federal court system has escalated quite a. Bit government lawyers are now calling for the removal of the judge who blocked the deportation of Alleged Vellis venezuelan gang members and refused to answer some questions in. Court the administration for weeks has been questioning the authority of the judicial branch to constrain the president some. Experts legal experts have described this pushback as a breakdown of the balance of. POWERS i guess this judge has already been hit with articles of, impeachment and The Chief justice of The Supreme court has, said that's a dumb. Idea that's not how we do. It he, said it has been established that IN pa it is not an appropriate response to disagreement concerning a judicial. Decision that the normal appellate review process exists exactly for that.
Speaker 1: Purpose we heard about this horrific collision yesterday late in the, show and now the Sand Berdandino County sheriff's deputy who was killed in this violent traffic collision In victorville has been identified As Hector quaevis, junior six year veteran of the, department leaves behind a wife and two.
Speaker 3: Children i'm a little bit ashamed that YESTERDAY i saw some of the helicopter footage of this and you could see that the PATROL suv was literally cut in two as the result of this.
Speaker 2: Accident but on the ground is.
Speaker 3: The yellow blanket or tarp that is often used to cover, remains and on top of that was laid An american, Flag AND i didn't notice that. Yesterday that would have been an indication when we first saw this, accident that would have been an indication that that was a law enforcement. Officer So Hector, quavas six year, veteran a wife and two kids that are left. Behind the, Sheriff shannandykis said that the driver of a stolen, car a twenty two year old guy out of Sam, bernadino has been arrested will be booked on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter while, intoxicated evading a police, officer and causing death or serious.
Speaker 1: Injury this, Guy Hector, quavas was remembered or is being remembered and will continue to be remembered as a devout family, guy talented cop have the, ability they, say to go between dealing with the most hardcore gang member to turning around and being able to talk to a child make sure that they feel, safe that he's the type of law enforcement officer that we all want to.
Speaker 3: Be they haven't said exactly what happened in terms of the precise details of this, accident but investigators have been looking in that intersection at skid, marks any evidence that they, have maybe from a dash, camera even the body camera that the deputy may have been. WEARING a woman who was also involved in the accident in a. Sedan she had to be taken to a hospital because of some unknown. Injuries And i'll say this because we've in the ten years that we've done this, show almost ten years, now we have had multiple, opportunities, unfortunately to talk about our experiences covering law enforcement, funerals and it's it's something that outside of a young soldier's funeral, procession a law enforcement funeral in someone killed in the line of duty is impactful beyond. WORDS i, mean you can't explain. It AND i think that all of our journalism classes in every college that there should almost be an entire section just on covering the loss of life of someone in that line of.
Speaker 2: World, well just don't do you don't have to do.
Speaker 1: Much you don't have to do much as a reporter at Those just let the music, play let the people, speak you, know describe the fire trucks hoisting the flags firefighters or that. Too at a friend in town said THAT i went to mass At city Of Angels church AND i Immediately i'm, like, oh it's, beautiful but ALL i can think about is that cathedral being where all of the fallen firefighters and law enforcement officers are. Remembered, yeah and it is, beautiful but, yeah it.
Speaker 4: Is.
Speaker 1: Uh but you, know it feels good to drive home and see the respect that is paid by other people who wear a uniform in terms of seeing all the vehicles on overpasses and the, flags rays and. Everything you, know just drive driving down the two, ten you, know if there's a there's a funeral out, there and just seeing every single overpass covered with either, fire, police whatever. Vehicles it's nice to see that that, exists respect for not only and not just people who work in the line of but just people that pull over to show respect when there's a processional like that that goes on a.
Speaker 2: Highway there was A Washington State patrol trooper who was shot and.
Speaker 3: Killed relatively young, GUY i think he was twenty seven or twenty eight years, old shot and killed at a traffic, stop and it Was the funeral was held in The Tri cities area In, washington so it's middle of the state and they have a hockey arena that HOLDS i don't, know five thousand people or. Something it was absolutely packed to the. Gills and it was not just law enforcement from Around Washington state or even just The Western United.
Speaker 2: States it was.
Speaker 3: Officers From, canada from From, colorado From, florida From New york that they volunteer for this. Process they usually pay their own way to come to in full, uniform pay respects to a brother or sister or law enforcement who.
Speaker 1: Dies And washington's up their top of the line of how to honor people in Unif, yeah all, right coming up. Next Gavin newsom's getting heat on this. Whole i'm reaching across the aisle and making a podcast about, it having conversations with The. Republicans it's smart if you're running for president in twenty twenty. Eight it's not smart if you want to continue to Court California democrats who do not even want to give these people the time of, day let alone to sit down and what they're calling a.
Speaker 5: Platform you're listening To gary And shannon on demand FROM KFI am six.
Speaker 1: Forty coming up After debra's news at the top of the. Hour all the details that we're getting about the phone call today Between trump And. Putin apparently it was quite, lengthy this phone conversation as The White house pushed For russia to sign off on that thirty day ceasefire proposal trying to end The russian invasion Of. Ukraine both sides have not offered any immediate details about the substance of the, conversation but it was a long. One so details continue to come. Out we will find all of, them collect them and give them to. You coming up at eleven during Swamp, watch we were.
Speaker 3: Asking you earlier what would you do if you were stuck in space for eight months and came back.
Speaker 4: Today, Gary i'm surprised that, you being a married, man that the first thing you'd want to do is as far as eating was what you would have answered would, BE i would want to go home and tell my wife to just fix me.
Speaker 2: Some good old fashion home. Cooking, WELL i have a feeling that IF i was in space for eight, MONTHS i thought that you married, Anymore carl was going to take a different.
Speaker 6: Turn, question what would you want to do if you were stuck in space for eight to.
Speaker 2: Nine months and you got back On.
Speaker 6: EARTH i would like to speak on behalf of all the male astronauts floating out there pretty.
Speaker 2: Much know what they'd want to. Do this is where you.
Speaker 6: THOUGHT i want to make sure they're, yeah, stuff everything's working, right make sure gravity's back to, normal things like.
Speaker 2: That, RAM i think we could figure it. Out, well here's the.
Speaker 1: THING i think that you'd want to have marital relationship with your wife right, away but on the way, there you could eat the pizza right like a pizza can be more. Immediate they can meet you on the tarmac with the. Pizza they can have the pizza sex with your wife on the top of the.
Speaker 2: CAPSULE i mean you.
Speaker 3: Could it depends on how they set, it AND i don't know if she'd be down with.
Speaker 2: That you, know there's there's. ISSUES i suppose this Is Gavin newsom and this Is Governor Tim. Wallas, wait, stop, stop, stop that's. REAL a that's.
Speaker 3: Real that's from, today the intro on their podcast that dropped.
Speaker 1: Today this reminds me of the first news Report i've ever.
Speaker 2: Done this Is, Gavin, like, seriously this Is Gavin. Newsom oh did he do that? Take oh my? God and did they? Focus that's so. Hack why don't.
Speaker 1: You just why don't why don't you just appear human for once on your podcast and not overproduce it and just be, like, hey It's Gavin. Newsome that would be. Perfect Hey i'm a. Human hey It's Gavin. Newsom instead of this Is Gavin, newsome.
Speaker 5: This Is Gavin.
Speaker 2: Newsom that's so.
Speaker 3: Dumb he's got that right out of the, gate his foreheads down a little, Bit he's kind of looking at you through the top of his.
Speaker 2: Eyes this Is gavin right out of the. Gate you're not a human, person.
Speaker 3: Right so, anyway he has been doing this. Podcast this is now his fourth. Episode he speaks With Governor Tim walls Of, minnesota.
Speaker 2: And this Is Governor Tim.
Speaker 3: Walls no, again this isn't an episode where he reaches across the. Aisle the previous, three he spoke With Charlie kirk From Turning, POINT, usa spoke With Michael, savage and then he spoke With Steve, bannon and there was some pushback at least in those first three episodes From democrats who listened to it and basically, said why are you giving these guys a? Platform well breaking, News they've got plenty of platform on their. Own As Gavin newsom even said To Charlie, Kirk Gavin newsom's thirteen year old son listens To Charlie kirk and could not wait to Meet Charlie. Kirk that has nothing to Do Gavin newsom's podcast is not giving these guys more of a. Platform it's Giving Gavin newsom a leg up on anybody else who might be running for president in twenty twenty. Eight the, criticisms, though are interesting because they suggest That Gavin newsom's not pushing back enough on some of the things that these guys are. Saying for, example in The Steve bannon, Episode Steve bannon just flat out says we believe That Donald trump won the twenty twenty, election and then moves, on doesn't Give Gavin newsom a chance to, interject nor Does Gavin newsom take the opportunity to. Interject he just kind of laughs it off and to be, honest it's almost a refreshing. THING i hate the rehash of the Twenty it's such a dead subject for so many people that you want to go over the same thing over and over. Again it's AND i don't know If Gavin newsom was aware that that was sort of a piece of bait That Steve bannon was hanging out there to see if he was gonna if he was going to take the. Bait But Gavin newsom thankfully. Didn't he didn't get into that. Argument they didn't rehash all that. Stuff that's not what they were talking, about but that Some democrats believe that he should push back on everything that These republicans are saying in order to whatever speak truth to, power hold them, accountable whatever stupid term you want to. Use that's not what the conversation's. About And i'll Credit Gavin newsom for if this is in fact what he wants to do and further the.
Speaker 2: Conversation. Good i'm glad there should be more of.
Speaker 3: That is it a blatant attempt for him to get his name out there with some more moderate.
Speaker 2: Listeners perhaps you.
Speaker 1: Can't just invite A republican to the Con you have to AND i this is me not having heard any of, it So i'm completely ignorant as to his. Performance but IF i were to wager a guest after listening To Gavin newsom speak for, years you have to bring substance to the. Conversation LIKE i said, earlier If democrats are upset With Gavin newsom giving a stage to people Like Steve bannon Or Charlie, kirk then pick a better horse to ride into the presidential. Race pick someone, strong someone, formidable someone who you're going to be happy with their performance when they reach across the island and say let's have the, conversation and they hold up and they espouse what you're thinking and what your beliefs, are and they do so in a respectful and strong. Manner find that guy or that female that will go and have these conversations and make your argument arguments for, you and do so in a way that you. Enjoy don't just pick the, nearest, prettiest Cutest. Democrat pick somebody who's going to be able to fight the machine That Donald trump has.
Speaker 2: Built, okay but you have.
Speaker 3: To AND i think part of what The Democratic party is going through right now is how what do they. Want do they want to win The White? House do they want to win elections in the even closer than, That do they want to win some of the mid?
Speaker 2: Terms they want to win in the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing they want The house, back they want The senate, back they want The White house, back and you're not going to get it the way they've been seeking those things in the.
Speaker 3: Past but generally they're on the wrong side of some big, issues and we saw that in the very first episode when he was talking To Charlie. Kirk Charlie kirk brings up men in women's, sports transgender women playing against women and, girls And Gavin newsom acknowledged that's an eighty twenty issue where almost eighty percent Of americans believe you should not have biologically born men competing against women in, sports but That democrats have been that's been an issue that they've and clinging to and if they cling to an issue like, that they won't.
Speaker 2: Win it's that.
Speaker 3: Simple So Gavin newsom has the political smarts to say something in that first episode that he knows is going to anger some of the people on the far left of The Democratic, party and they are the ones who are now, saying, wait a. Minute Amy, allison founder and president Of she The, people says that he is showing his weakness and his naked.
Speaker 2: Ambition yes he, is but by doing, that.
Speaker 3: By what she calls, weakness he's at least, Acknowledging, hey maybe there is some room for discussion.
Speaker 2: Here maybe it isn't.
Speaker 3: Fair maybe we do need to protect women and girls in the spaces that we've created for.
Speaker 1: Them even in twenty twenty, five any politician that listens to anything called See she The people is never going to.
Speaker 2: Win The White, house.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately and maybe you're playing the long, game but it's twenty twenty five and we're still not. There so you need to rethink the way you're going about getting what you. Want you've got to play the game the way the game is right, now, unfortunately and you're not going to win the game with standing on the mountaintop that Is she The. People that's just not going to, work. Unfortunately And i'm not trying to be. Cute i'm being completely. Realistic and that's what's lacking in a lot of democratic thought circles because, realism.
Speaker 3: The definition of what that is of an organization like, that in my, heart is divisive you're telling people because, specifically what they're telling you is that they want it's a national organizing hub for electing women of.
Speaker 2: COLOR i don't have a problem with that aspect of.
Speaker 5: It you're listening To gary And shannon on demand FROM KFI am six.
Speaker 1: Forty today Is, tuesday which means it's True Crime. Tuesday so coming, up we will tell you about the Only Fans fetish.
Speaker 2: Murder it's a good, one weird.
Speaker 3: One we are getting a readout from The White House President trump's call With President, putin and we'll dive into it a lot more at the top of the. Hour but there is some really basic things that are going on in terms of the agreements that were made in this very long two and a half three hour phone. Call it said that the movement to peace will begin with an energy and infrastructure, ceasefire as well as technical negotiations on the implementation of a maritime ceasefire in The Black. Sea they'll move on to the full ceasefire and potentially permanent.
Speaker 2: Peace they.
Speaker 3: Said these negotiations will begin. Immediately in The Middle, east we know That Saudi arabia was hosted the original talks between The United states And, ukraine so we'll see if that's the location for the ongoing.
Speaker 1: Talks, well we don't always pay attention to industry goings on on this, show AND i don't know HOW i miss this, one, however because there is right up our. Alley there's a new movie coming out On. Friday it's a remake Of Snow, white and apparently it is not without. Controversy it in the form of midget.
Speaker 3: Angst do we don't say that dwarf Angst little, people big, Problems that's what we.
Speaker 2: Say isn't that a? Show oh, no it's little, people big.
Speaker 1: World, yes, yeah which seems a little, condescending like a little person can't handle a big.
Speaker 2: World like it's a big world for. Everybody it's. True you SHOW tlc wherever you air. OUCH i like little, people big. Problems that's.
Speaker 1: Better, well it's all pretty, condescending isn't, It.
Speaker 2: Scott this has.
Speaker 3: Been controversial since we first saw that they were going to redo and make a live action for the most, Part, uh Snow.
Speaker 2: White this is, uh.
Speaker 6: What's?
Speaker 2: Wrong this is Starring Rachel. ZIEGLER ll choked up sometimes when we talk about.
Speaker 3: Dwarfs Rachel ziegler was In West Side. Story she's been in a couple other, things and she is a naturally hided. Person naturally she's not a very big. Person she looks completely, malnourished for one.
Speaker 2: Thing oh, really how old is? She in her?
Speaker 3: Twenties but the Snow White dwarf team that is with her not my, word it's. Theirs they are upset because they're not. Real they didn't use real. Actor they didn't use real, dwarfs small, people little people to play the dwarves in The Snow white.
Speaker 1: Movie, okay so they're dwarves in the, movie SO i think we can call them. Dwarves that's the character that are auditioning. For should they be given an, audition which they were not because they just USED, cgi which is putting all the dwarf, actors the actors that would be dwarves that are little people out of a.
Speaker 3: Job i'm pretty amazed that That, disney which was so deep on THAT i boat train in the last few, years that they would not.
Speaker 1: Think that this was going to be An you imagine having A cgi handicapped person or A cgi woman or A cgi trans. PERSON i mean the fact that they thought this was okay is. Ridiculous it's not like there's a shortage of little.
Speaker 3: People the other accusation is that they that Snow, sorry That disney went way too far into progressive politics by having a latinax. Actress i'm not the one who said that snow, white hence the. WHITE i don't. CARE i don't care who plays.
Speaker 1: Her that's not my looks like snow. White now That i'm thinking about, It, oh trust, Me i've do you make her dress up like that with the outfit and the sleeves and the, skirt the, sleeves, well the, puffies the shoulders.
Speaker 2: Puff and red and then my yellow, skirt just the yellow.
Speaker 1: Skirt do you have her trapes around the lawn and stuff and talk to the.
Speaker 3: BIRDS i tape little fake horns on my dog so it looks like he's a deer following her.
Speaker 2: Around. Wow, yeah that's a hard. Cell that dog is not a. Deer he's a dwarf deer and a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Anyway apparently there's also an issue With Rachel ziggler is surname And.
Speaker 2: Galdo they're in a.
Speaker 1: Fight they one, place The Wicked witch one plays one, Place no, white no, white or is it something else that's something. Else it's an evil stepmother or something, RIGHT i don't. Know Evil Queen.
Speaker 3: Galgadote Is israeli by birth and is very Pro, Israel.
Speaker 2: So it's Like gaza up and there because She's.
Speaker 3: Palestinian Rachel ziggler is Pro Pouse Palaesinian ah very, outspoken AND i don't know if there's an actual fight between the two of. Them But disney has had to downplay the premieres that they've. Done they did one In, paris the one In.
Speaker 2: London this was.
Speaker 1: HAPPENING i didn't know this movie was being made and that it was debuting On.
Speaker 2: Friday so they're not getting. Along and The, dwarves.
Speaker 1: How can you make a movie without dwarf actor like The dwarfs being. Actors it's called Snow white and The Seven dwarves they have no.
Speaker 2: Holes it's called Snow. White it's just about. Her the movie is they're leaving The dwarves out of the entire plot.
Speaker 3: Line, well the movie they're in it it's just, again it's. Actors it's normal. Size it's, sorry more more heighted, individuals heighted individuals that, then THROUGH cgi are turned INTO.
Speaker 1: I understand, that but as the story. Goes the dwarves play a major role in Snow. White, yes and now they don't in this. Iteration sure they.
Speaker 2: Do they're just not. Listen you, know this whole movie is out of.
Speaker 3: Order she also said she suggested that this wasn't going to be the old nineteen thirty seven version where her Snow white just lays around waiting for her prints to save.
Speaker 1: Her she's gonna get in there and get her. Handstered she's gonna be the.
Speaker 3: Woman, yeah because it's a better story for young women to.
Speaker 2: WATCH i like sitting as a. WOMAN i like to sit and.
Speaker 3: Wait i've seen your, couch which one a.
Speaker 2: Lot of COUCHES i like to. Sit, yeah you've gone through a lot of.
Speaker 1: Couches, wow you know WHAT i didn't? Know it was Hurtful. Tuesday and now the gloves are. Off oh they are fatty.
Speaker 2: McGhee this is, pretty.
Speaker 5: She could.
Speaker 2: Sing i'm, like it's beautiful waiting on a. Wish it's weird coming from a long shore old woman waiting on a, wish waiting on a. Rig tell me what you think when you see the. Movie i'm not going to see that. Movie if there's no real. DWARVES i am.
Speaker 3: Out are you going to join the protest outside of your gosh starry?
Speaker 2: RIGHT i AM i almost.
Speaker 3: Swore Couple Orange county cities are moving to regulate e.
Speaker 2: Bites Thank, God more power to Good.
Speaker 1: Lord these things are out of, control And i'm, sorry and this is going to come across judge Since i'm not a parent AND i should throw no.
Speaker 2: Stones but if you.
Speaker 1: Allow your thirteen year old to have an e bite that goes forty miles an, hour what the hell is wrong with?
Speaker 3: You it's better than you driving them to baseball Pro it's.
Speaker 2: Not that's what a lot of people. Say you should have a.
Speaker 5: License you're listening To gary And shannon on demand FROM KFI am six.
Speaker 1: Forty we are getting details about the call that lasted for more than an hour Between trump And. Putin there was an agreement on what's being called is a limited ceasefire or have all the details for you coming up in Swamp watch at.
Speaker 3: Eleven Orange city officials And Cypress city officials are working on new ways to enforce regulations when it comes to e. Bikes the list of cities now that have cracked down on what are very very unsafe conditions with kids riding. Around not just, kids adults too riding around on these e. Bikes The Orange City council members have drawn up some new ordinances on e bikes for better public, safety adding a speed limit for riding on, sidewalks which you should not be. Doing, yeah laying ground rules for safely riding in the. Streets The Orange County supervisors put cities on notice by laying out some county regulations that include speed limits and new definitions for e bikes when it comes to the unincorporated parts Of Orange.
Speaker 1: County Under california, law cities are unable to, outrite ban e bikes or acquire a license to ride. One i've heard some stories anecdotally of just mobs of kids almost terrorizing people like long, beach riding in packs and just no regard for pedestrians or.
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah the other thing is THAT i don't think people realize there are different classifications for these. Bikes class two e bikes have a throttle attached to a. Motor you can exceed a maximum speed limit of about twenty miles an, hour even though that limit is set by The California Vehicle. Code class three e bikes are pedal assisted, vehicles which just means you have. Pedals it doesn't even mean that you need to use. Them but you can reach speeds of up to twenty eight miles an. Hour and a bike in class three requires the rider be at least sixteen years, old but nobody's.
Speaker 2: Checking it's checking.
Speaker 1: That, YEAH i mean that's terrifying though THAT i mean it's it's terrifying that your fifteen year, old sixteen year old can drive a car where they're completely covered in the. Vehicle it's still terrifying to. YOU i would assume with your, bait your child in there driving. That imagine none of that eround found them twenty eight miles an. Hour your kid that doesn't have a license is basically on a slow moving, motorcycle.
Speaker 3: A slow moving and sometimes way too heavy for. Them most, yeah it's not, it and they don't want to found a. Bike there's no, training there's. Nothing during the city council meeting last, week The Orange City council members unanimously proved an ordinance that cracks down on e. Bikes some city leaders wanted more enforcement With some of the new rules would include requiring riders under the age of eighteen to wear a helmet riding at five miles an hour on the sidewalk when pedestrians are. Around, again that just make it illegal to ride on the.
Speaker 2: Side, yeah that's, dangerous so.
Speaker 1: Dangerous but some of these bikes can go fifty miles an.
Speaker 2: HOUR i mean which Under?
Speaker 1: Norris, well and how are you going to tell the difference between one that goes twenty and one that goes fifty just with the naked, eye you're probably. Not and what cop is going to pull over that? Person, WELL i don't. KNOW i think that's one of those ones that goes. Fifty are you? Six that's just not going to. Happen so it's one of those things where legislation did not catch up with the. Technology those e bikes.
Speaker 3: Are everywhere you said it going into into that last break there. Though this has a lot to do with parents buying these bikes for their kids thinking it's a. Convenience you can now have your kid ride this thing to school instead of taking them to. School you can have them ride this to baseball practice or their buddy's house or. Whatever all because you think it's, convenient which it may, be or.
Speaker 1: You think it's cool, Too then, fine get one for. Yourself it's IT'S i would get one exactly What i'm. Saying guys would think this is very, cool AND i get, it but that doesn't.
Speaker 3: Mean you put your kid on. It, also we have a health problem in this. Country why would you get something for your kid to do less.
Speaker 1: Exercise, yeah that's the other thing about. It SOMETIMES i see.
Speaker 3: People it's one thing of your kids, doing you, know fifteen miles to get to.
Speaker 2: School this is gonna help him get. There BUT i, say.
Speaker 1: SOMETIMES i see people in the neighborhoods on bikes and it inspires.
Speaker 2: Me i'm, like you know, WHAT i should get go work out?
Speaker 1: Today LIKE i was just gonna go be a bump on a, Log and then you realize they're not actually, petty not.
Speaker 2: Doing, anything And i'm, like screw. It where AM i? Cheese its all?
Speaker 1: Right coming up next swamp watch all the latest about the phone call today Between trump And. Putin lessed more than an hour and at least some sort of agreement was. Made we'll tell you what it. Was when we returned To gary And. Shannon you've been listening to The gary And Shannon.
Speaker 3: Show you can always hear us live ON KFI am six forty nine am to one pm Every monday Through, friday and anytime on demand on The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: App