Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, here we go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: And away we go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody. Rob Ryan Show check it in Thrown Back Thursday. You know that's always an insanely busy morning for us. We'll have you vote on three songs all morning long. Winning song played at nine thirty. It's sixstagram Thursday, one of our more popular IG features of the week that will go up. That is up right now see on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. It's also the day we play Read My Lips. We will play Read My Lips in the seven o'clock hour. It's tested taking on Alex We'll play in around seven to twenty suburb Summer Sizzler rolls on, Dayton takes on Chema. Winner goes to the final four wins, two hundred and fifty dollars cash from s Shelle Federal Credit Union, and tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. That's all brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. I'll have some twentieth Anniversary party tickets for you late in the eight o'clock hour. And let's not forget about Cody, who has been lights out. Cody's going for win number three fresh out of head head to head. Now, if you're looking for pit passes thirty seconds to Mars, yeah, we're gonna hook you up in homeroom. But I also have another pair for you, and I'm gonna tell you how to get those by interacting with us online. So I got two pair of pit tickets to give away thirty seconds to Mars, one on air on the fun Fact Flashback at six thirty five, and the other pit passes are for Friday night Tomorrow night falling in reverse. Those are gonna be on NOE Show. Sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today high of eighty seven. I like the sound of that, the eighty seven part. Good morning Tesla. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rod, and good morning homeroom. So we know this laborty weekend is going to be one of the busiest ever when it comes to travel, and right now United Airlines flight attendants are approving a strike.
Speaker 4: Across the country.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't think it's going to affect this Labor day travel. Like before, they officially like they're working towards an agreement, but they've voted to approve this strike if they don't reach an agreement with the airline for now, the off duty flight attendants, they're the ones that are marching on the picket lines. The flight attendants want raises, they want job security, and they.
Speaker 4: Want better retirement benefits.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's kind of what's going on with travel airlines. And another story I wanted to mention is Yelp. Yelp has filed an anti trust lawsuit against Google. Earlier this month, the federal judge ruled that Google violated USAMT trust laws and had monopolized the search market. Then yesterday Yelp filed a lawsuit in Sam Francisco and they're alleging that Google use that monopoly to dominate advertising markets and manipulate search results. Okay, so that's kind of what's going on on the national scale. And then here's a really really fun story. So I really I don't know if you like Yetti, like I kind of go in the store and prink out. It's a little expensive, but Yetti is teaming up with water brand Liquid Death for an ice cooler that looks like a casket and it's pretty cool. We have a blog page up for this. They're letting people bid on it, and last we checked, the top bid on this casket cooler was around twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: A life size cooler like any one of us would fit inside. Any one of us. Any one of us would fit inside the casket.
Speaker 3: It's big enough to hold three hundred and seventy eight beers.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's wild.
Speaker 1: And if you didn't know.
Speaker 3: This is this is great timing because Liquid Death is the official water sponsor of the Ron Ryan Show, twentieth Anniversary Party and the booms Rock Golf Tournament because we say hydrated on this show.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: You can go get all the link, all the information on links and guests. We have the golf tournament link. We have the twentie anniversary party link. You can't buy tickets, but I'll just tell you about it.
Speaker 1: I was very happy that link with Death came in. That's great. I just met with them yesterday. They came in, brought a bunch of products. It was cool.
Speaker 5: It's very cool.
Speaker 4: Are you some delicious Liquid Death water?
Speaker 1: That's lovely.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the I guess we'll call this the most perverted story of the day. There was this little kid, Jeremy Jackson, who was cast to play Hoby Buchanan on Baywatch back in the early nineties. He was only around eleven years old, and for the next eight years he worked with some of the sexiest women in the world. And for that time, of course he's too young to hook up with anyone, but he's around him.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 3: He says he would sneak into their trailers and sniff their youth babing suit Boby.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, Hoby hormones.
Speaker 1: I get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. This is all part of that. There's some Baywatch thing that's going on right now, right.
Speaker 3: Back, a documentary. It's called After bay Watch, A Moment in the Sun.
Speaker 4: It's a new docu series. I believe it's on Hulu.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of revelations to come out, but this is one of the stories that has come out.
Speaker 4: And they've talked to the ladies who were on it, and.
Speaker 3: They're like, we don't even blame that kid. He was fourteen, his like peak puberty at that time. Like it's fine, Okay, what the hell is going on with Lincoln Parker. Nobody knows their countdown has ended, and then.
Speaker 4: It started again.
Speaker 5: I counted up right, We.
Speaker 3: Waited one hundred hours, but Lincoln Park's countdown clock is now going upwards after it hit zero. No one knows what's going on anymore, that includes me. Then they said it's only a matter of time, Like, stop wasting my time.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: They counting up till Friday. Zarah Quibbley makes the damn Lincoln Park singer.
Speaker 1: You can't roll that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just said he wasn't gonna come out yesterday.
Speaker 1: You can't roll that out. All right, Astros win.
Speaker 5: They got a big win.
Speaker 2: You said, you know, the Phillies tend to nothing to avoid the sweep. Spencer arrogant. He took a no hitter into the eighth thing I have. We were recording a podcast and our good friend Bobby Jokes did tell us there was no hitter, so it's his fault that they ruined it.
Speaker 5: Jodan Alvarez did hit three home runs in the game, though.
Speaker 2: Tonight the Ashers are gonna open up a four game series with the Royals. Hunter Brown is gonna be on the Mount for the Strows going up against Kansas City's Brady Singer.
Speaker 5: First pitches at seven ten.
Speaker 2: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: Hit it, Just play it, Just play it. You hear that in his college football Week one starts today.
Speaker 1: But are they making fun of the matchups of this first week? It's there.
Speaker 5: They're cupcake matchup for a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A and M Notre Dame on.
Speaker 2: Saturday, the LSUS here Sunday, there's a couple of.
Speaker 1: Big ones, but then there's like some kind of like what you called cupcake matchup.
Speaker 5: Bypically until like conference play.
Speaker 2: A lot of teams will schedule those cupcake games where you just get a couple wins under your belt.
Speaker 5: But it's notable games in the schedule.
Speaker 2: Tonight, you want to see Dion Sanders and Colorado take out of North Dakota State.
Speaker 5: That's at seven o'clock on ESPN.
Speaker 2: North Carolina's gonna play Minnesota at seven on Fox, and then Utah takes on Southern Utah at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now. He's got every phone line open. He said he's gonna stay in the office all day today. As he said he's going to be on the show the whole time. I'm well, I don't know. We just kind of took off yesterday. Chilli said he's gonna be here for the whole show. So if you want to get in on that first phone call, get him while he's here. Seven one, three, two two five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right Good Morning rod Ryan Show, starting out with the Gorillaz. Let's throwback Thursday, kids. I'll be asking you to vote on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com all morning long. You vote for the song that you want played today. At nine point thirty Chili has that up on links and guests right now. Look like we're getting about a sixty percent chance. Some scattered thunderstorms throw off the day here hies them around eighty seven. If it's raining where you're at, keep us kind of posted on that. If you want to share any pictures, if he can safely share those pictures, great, yeah, keep us posted. As we are sitting here in the inside cabin here at Iheartmaster Control here in Houston, the the rod Ryan Building of course in the Galleria. Now, Chili just told me that we have two pair of tickets for thirty seconds to Mars tonight. AFI is on the bill. Their pit passes one we're gonna give away on the air. That's gonna be on the fun Fact Flashback. Fun Fact is a part of homeroom. You guys know that six thirty five. We'll get rolling with all of that. And then you wanted to try something different. We're live every day on Facebook. I don't know if I don't know if the X allows it anymore. Are we still live on the X or did that go away? Elon must took that away from us. I don't think we can do that anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're not on it because he wants to force us to subscribe and pay for this for stuff.
Speaker 1: Cerified and all that.
Speaker 2: The YouTube blank on our Twitter though, so you can go access to YouTube from Twitter.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, Chili, what we're looking for today is we are live on the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel, Yes, sir, okay. So what I'd like you to do is if you would like a shot at thirty seconds to Mars pit passes, I need you to subscribe to our YouTube channel and then just drop a comment, drop a comment today's live show.
Speaker 4: Smash that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please smash it. You know what the kids say. So I know that we're on Facebook Live every day, but we're specifically looking for you to, uh to kind of pump up the YouTube channel. So the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel is where you got a shot to win thirty seconds to Mars tickets in the pit for tonight, read my lips at seven twenty. It's Testa taking on Alex the Suburb Summer Sizzler, Bobby from Dayton, Patrick from Kema. They're trying to get into the final four. These have been great matchups this week.
Speaker 2: You're coming down to the end, dude. I have all of the remaining songs ready to go.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they are either there. I don't know what they are.
Speaker 5: Never know.
Speaker 1: I know one of these guys here, Bobby or Patrick, is going to go to the final four. They're gonna win two hundred and fifty dollars cash from Shell Federal Credit Union, and I'm going to give them a pair of rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary tickets. Now, I'll have a pair on air. After we played the suburb summer Sissler. We'll get you guys calling in for all that stuff? All right, lots of fault lines ringing.
Speaker 8: It's not time for the first phone Callumn today?
Speaker 1: Cash got through?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Cash, Hello, Hello, How are you good? How are you so great? Thank you for asking? What would you like to talk about? You got the first phone call today. I don't know. I'm nervous. You're nervous.
Speaker 4: Why are you nervous?
Speaker 1: What's the problem? All right? Let me ask you a question, Cash? How old are you?
Speaker 9: What happened?
Speaker 1: How old are you? I'm eleven years old? Cash is eleven years old. You must be getting ready for school right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on my way.
Speaker 1: You're on your way. What grade are you in?
Speaker 10: Sixth?
Speaker 1: Sixth grade? Okay?
Speaker 5: What time?
Speaker 1: What school do you go to? Cash?
Speaker 3: I've got to you.
Speaker 1: You're doing great. You go to Woodrow Wilson.
Speaker 5: Great presence.
Speaker 1: Now, Cash, did mom or dad dial the phone and hand it to you? Or do you have your own phone? In sixth grade?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: My mom my mom gave me her phone.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. Does she know you're on the phone with me right now? Yes, that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: Do you have your own phone. No, No, not yet.
Speaker 1: I do any kids, though, Cash? I mean, true story, I got a kid. You know you know I have a daughter, right, Cash. I don't know if you know this, but I have a daughter. She's six.
Speaker 5: I also do not brag.
Speaker 1: How wow, there's is there any kids your age that have a phone yet?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: There are so how many kids in your class? If you had to guess, give me a number, twenty thirty all of them. Wait a minute, you think, no, you're the only kid in your class that doesn't have their own cell phone.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: No, you're just saying that to your parents.
Speaker 4: That's how you want it to appear. And that's really smart.
Speaker 1: This is your cool uncle Rod. You don't have to lie to me. Not. There's no way that every kid has a phone, but you in sixth grade? It's true?
Speaker 3: Okay, I like Cash, thatsh just like, no, seriously, I'm the only sixth grader on the planet that doesn't have one.
Speaker 5: I got my phone in ninth grade.
Speaker 2: All my friends had phones, and then I finally was just like, all right, well, my parents are getting able to reach me when I'm not home.
Speaker 5: They got me a phone.
Speaker 1: Cash, what's your favorite video game?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 11: Call of dirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any good at it?
Speaker 3: Kind of?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well this has been sick talking to you. Dude. What's your favorite subject in school? Are you excited about today? Yes?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Math? Math is your favorite? Dude?
Speaker 4: That checks out?
Speaker 1: What about what about playing an instrument? Cash? I'm playing fit? Yes?
Speaker 4: Nice? Oh you just made Uncle Rod so proud because you know.
Speaker 1: Why, because musicians and people that play instruments are superior human beings. Cash. I knew I was talking to the right person here. Cash. I want you to have the best day at school today, and thanks for getting us started this morning. I think you've been really, really awesome and you got me pumped up for the day for sure. And I want you to walk I want you to walk in to Woodrow Wilson today and I want you to say, hey, Cash is here. Did you hear me on the Rod Ryan Show this morning? Okay, all right, Cash, have an awesome day at school. Let me take a show and break. When we come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending you. We'll get set up for the Fresh out of bed head to ahead the buzz Rocky and A'll tear into the Rod Ryan Morning Show. Six to ten am ninety four to five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's show on this throwback Thursday. I just want to go take a looky lookie Wizard must have been listening to the show. I think I feel like we were talking about Hinder recently. He put Hinder get stoned in there A perfect Circles Judith, which is a masterpiece. The Breeders cannon Ball, which is a great song too. So three really really good songs to vote on today on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Everyone loves Cash this morning. Cash is a superstar. He was our first phone call today. Destiny's listening, She said, how funny. I'm listening right now. My twelve year old daughter's in the car with me. She goes to the same school as Cash.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's gonna be famous.
Speaker 1: I found myself looking around the car rider line trying to see if I can catch a glimpse of Cash talking to you all right, shout out to everybody over at Woodrow Wilson. Sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms high of eighty seven. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Kaylin Clark now has most three pointers made by a rookie in WNBA history.
Speaker 4: She did it last night.
Speaker 3: She drained her eighty six three of the season, which passes the record of Ryan Howard's record.
Speaker 4: Eighty five set back in twenty twenty two. So yeah, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: It is very nice, but it is very nice to see her breaking some records, someone who might break some records on our blood page today is the Thicstagram feature because Jay listener. Jay says she's local talent, and yeah, he says that she's going to get a great response from our listeners. And Chile responded to Jay and said local always wins. So our Inkstagram Thursday already getting a bunch of clicks, as is the Throwback Thursday voting. In the last ten minutes. People are going to look at that link so we can go through the song clips here and just say what songs are up to vote for because it is Throwback Thursday, it is six Stagram Thursday, and that's what's trending on eighty four.
Speaker 1: Five of us MM Alex Yes, okay, let me see if this is the full speech. It just looks really short. It looks short, all right, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody listens, Tody, you're fresh out.
Speaker 1: Of bed, head ahead, two day Champions, two questions to answers, and that's where it chose to stop.
Speaker 5: I really got right to the point. You know what happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact we played Cody speech yesterday and he said things like join me on throw Thursday when I make it win number three bitches. I'm sure he said all of that. It just doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 5: This place is awesome.
Speaker 1: The studio is so good seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you want to take on lights out, Cody, may your liberty weekend not include any labor, but lots of weekend.
Speaker 13: Ron Ryan Show Mornings ninety four five, Bus four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Off Ring, Gotta get Away, Throw it Back Thursday.
Speaker 1: If you cast your vote yet, Okay, if you haven't, that's fine. Uh hit us up on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. I've got two pair of thirty seconds tomorrows pit passes. We're gonna try something different. This one's gonna this one's a big ask. I'm asking you to go to the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel I'm asking you to subscribe and drop a comment. You'll see that's one of the areas where we carry and many if you do watch already, but I don't think you're subscribing. You have to be a subscriber and you have to drop a comment on the Rot Ryan Show YouTube channel where we are where Chilly has us on there live this morning. One of you will leave the show today with pit passes to thirty seconds to mars Man, there's a good chance to reign throughout the day, so a sixty percent chance of scat at Thunderstars. But boy, it just seems like it's going to be one of those days. It's gonna keep it a little cooler, highsup around eighty seven today and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge listeners to your corners, Well, bro, I'm sorry about your victory speech. I wasn't able to go in there and recover it. But you know what, just cut a new one today, Cody, and we won't worry about that, all right? Works for me? All right, Cody, you're going for win number three? Yes, sir? Two questions to answers, two games? Am I right on all that?
Speaker 13: First?
Speaker 7: First game I got caught Steeden.
Speaker 12: So those three questions.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but it's been lights out play though. I think everyone's been super impressed by you. I don't know. This guy isn't impressed with Hello, Jerry, Jerry, good money. How you guys doing it? Takes a lot to impress Jerry. Yeah, okay, And actually he's been playing very very well, very impressive. Oh, he's just trying to think. Don't buy that, Cody, don't buy that, Cody. Okay. Jerry is an old sea dog. Okay, he knows the tricks to the trade. Here. He's gonna try to get in your head a little bit, Jerry. How many times in the Hall of Fame for you?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 1: Three times, three time Hall of Famer. And you think he's giving you a compliment? Come on, Cody, what are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets see twenty one pilots up to yoga Center.
Speaker 1: Okay, night, some guy offered me a listener offered me six tickets to the show for a pair of Rod Ryan Show twenty ten versary passes. That was the weirdest. Yeah, I'm not gonna say that's the weirdest offer I've ever gotten. But like I work here, I can get a pair of tickets in Toy one Highlights need to This guy offered me six pair of tickets for two tickets to the twentieth guys. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Here we go, listening for Jerry, listening for Cody. This is gonna be a great game. Please listen carefully in studio. What number signifies midnight or noon? Tody Cody Cody twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, this guy's going different productors.
Speaker 1: Step it up, Jerry. Three time Hall of Famer Cody and Jerry. Question number two? What holiday is this Weekendery? Cody Cody.
Speaker 14: Two?
Speaker 12: Label it got it?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's gonna buzzer your butt.
Speaker 1: You were gonna get a buzzer right on your Jerry. Yeah, the second one was close, but it was undeniable. First one wasn't even close. He is, Oh he's got an exit drop damn it.
Speaker 11: Jerry.
Speaker 1: Okay, three times Hall of Famer Jerry, Thanks for playing today, dude. What are you doing over there?
Speaker 13: Cody?
Speaker 12: I always get Labor and Memorial Day mixed up. It's a bad habit, and I'm breaking out.
Speaker 1: Breaking out. Yeah, I'm freaking out too. Two questions, two answers against Jerry, Who's an awesome player? Can you play tomorrow? Absolutely? Way to go to the Right.
Speaker 5: Ryan Show celebrating twenty years.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Just taking a little look see on the throwback Thursday a perfect circle off to a pretty big lead with low votes Throwback Thursday. That's what I'm talking about. That means I'm looking at the world famous rod Ryans Show page at the Buzz dot com. That's where you'll find information about the rod Ryan Show, Boobs Rock Golf Tournament. Yeah, we're gonna get into boos Rock very very soon. Next month is when we come back. Next week. Next month is like in a couple of days, can you believe it? Prostate Cancer Awareness Month for September, Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. So we're gonna be working again and hopefully get a nice check over to our friends over at M. D Anderson for Breast cancer Research, and we'll have some new designs for you. We will be launching the store. But already announced is the Boobs Rock Car Show, which we need more cars to sign up, and the Boobs Rock golf tournament all on the website. All right, rain all day, sixty percent chance at least thunderstore arms high of eighty seven. Bring that champion fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 7: This is Cody.
Speaker 12: You're fresh out of bed head to head three day champion taking on a three time Hall of Famer and winning with two questions, two answers, bron See if you can hang on to this entire victory speech, we'll all be on Friday and they can win number four bitches.
Speaker 1: If everyone's impressed with Cody's play, all right, yeah, Alex, I have saved this speech. All right, it's there, and I hope to play it again tomorrow morning before before Cody comes on with us. I'd have labeled it. I have saved it, and it is there. I did what I did every day for the last two years in this building, and we'll see if we can hang out of that. Uh pitt tickets to thirty seconds to Mars coming up on the fun fact flashback an additional pair of pit passes. I have a little bit of an ask of you today. Have I found this extra pair of pit asses for tonight if you go to the Rod Ryan Show YouTube channel, if you subscribe and make a comment on our live video. Hi, everybody on YouTube, I'm looking at you right now. Hi, one of you will get thirty seconds tomorrows pit passes as well. But first, it's the fuck that's to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 5: The back to the day. All right.
Speaker 1: It brought us some fun facts and it's a good thing. I got my friend Hal here. Hal and I a couple of years ago took a trip to Vancouver Testa. I know you've been there as well.
Speaker 5: Love Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Did you make it over to Stanley Park?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, biked, biked around.
Speaker 1: You've heard the name Stanley. It's been thrown around with Lord Stanley Cup. Hi, hell, Rod, did we walk? I feel like we walked all around with Stanley Park?
Speaker 11: We did.
Speaker 1: Did we make it all the way around? I think we did.
Speaker 7: I mean it was a big walking day.
Speaker 1: And how's a fast walker. So we get along, you guys, we get along well, except we fight in the hotel room, like we physically fight each other.
Speaker 7: Don't start, don't get me going.
Speaker 1: Vancouver's Stanley Park is ten percent larger than Central Park in New York City. That's a fun fact in itself. But Stanley Park has a thriving gray squirrel population. All of the gray squirrels found there are descendants of eight pair of gray squirrels that Vancouver got a gift from New York City. Your park's down in nineteen o nine.
Speaker 5: Glad they did.
Speaker 1: New York gave Stanley Park eight pair of gray squirrels, and now they're everywhere like, no, I know, we saw some squirrels. Cool gift, bro Alright, I get another fun fact for you today. Cashowes cashews are the only nut that you cannot buy in its shell. That is, shells are toxic. Shells are toxic. Fin have you ever heard of a violin known as a stratavarius? So a stratavarius are violins made by Antonio Stratavari. They are the most expensive in the world. They are very rare. He also, and this is the real fun fact here. He made a small number of guitars. There is only one left in existence. That's neat. I don't know who has it, but I guess on guitars is always Jim Hearsay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the guy that owns the Colts.
Speaker 1: He's got the Nirvana, he's got the Pink Floyd, he's got the Jimmy Hendrix, he's got all the guitars. I don't know who has that Stratavari guitar.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart, body, It's the Funk to the Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've already talked about it. It's pitt tickets, It's thirty seconds to Mars, and it is tonight, AFI on that bill. Who's ready to party tonight?
Speaker 5: Okay, it's your fun.
Speaker 1: We talked about a location that the population there is so small and secluded that whenever two people are there start dating, there's a super like serious risk of them being related. So they have created an app where people can put their names in to find out if they're related before they get it on. Where is this? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout, win your stock out with Captain Cash. Not in Mississippi house stop, Okay, okay, I will spend a guess. Not here in the States Appalachia. Where you going to say? Somewhere in the mountains over there? There?
Speaker 14: You go?
Speaker 1: Got it? Pretty Mira, Yeah, how be doing? How you doing Wall Street?
Speaker 15: Yesterday? It's terrible, not so good. The Dow is down one hundred and fifty nine points. Kick off this morning at forty one thousand, ninety one. NASTAC down one hundred and ninety eight to seventeen thousand and five poin fifty six benchmark ten. Your treasuries trading at a three point eighty three percent, and oil is a seventy four dollars seventy four cents a burrow to. The most active is the Big Studs MX, AMJ and Merk the Big Dud's Nike Intellent salesforce on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on pending home sales for July right now. Futures looking really good. They're on the upside. And hang on to this would be a positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, Amanda. This is hell and managed director with the Rammy James port for the Rod Ryan Show from Ramy James on same flip and Agusta, No forget toys, rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 8: Amian's expressed are those of alland and not necessarily those are Raymond James of associates, Zancomember, NYC, as, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAND. This program is are educational and informational purposes on link. The studs duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young Finance ninety four or five. The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Sure, Uh is this Chris? Yes, sir, good morning Chris border.
Speaker 14: This Uh.
Speaker 1: This Land's popular is so small and secluded that whenever two people there start dating, there is an app that you can put their name in to find out if you're related before you take it any further. Where are we talking? Icelam, that's the land I'm looking for. Yes, that is exactly it. Chris Wilson, what are you giving them?
Speaker 3: Let's go, dude, You get the pit tickets to thirty seconds to Mars for the show tonight at Woodland.
Speaker 4: Civilian Congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Dude, I appreciate you man. Thanks for being a part of Homeroom. Okay, yes, sir, thank you all right, Chris hang on for me. Alex, let's go right into headlines. I'm just looking at the time because I wanted to mention a couple of things here. Number one, you just heard thirty seconds from Mars pit passes. Oh no, I didn't get in. You could still get in, man. I'm just looking for you. I'm looking for you to subscribe to the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel this morning. We've never asked that before, and I don't ask enough for you guys to go and hit that. So smash the subscribe button and leave a comment on the live video that's rolling right now on the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel. One of you will walk away from today's show with pit passes to thirty seconds to Mars. I need more words sent to me. I need new people said to me words. I need old people said to me words. But you know we're playing read my lips at seven twenty because the Sizzler is at a twenty so one more week where it's early, and I need you to get me those words. So it's Tessa taking on Alex at seven twenty. Email me directly, Rod at thebuzz dot com and send me some great word suggestions to use for the games. A sixty percent chances of scattered thunderstorms highs them around eighty seven. There we go, all right, Tessa, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's start with this Labor Day weekend.
Speaker 3: Because it's going to be one of the busiest ever when it comes to travel. Dobla reports domestic travel during the last holiday week and of the summer could jump as much as nine percent compared to last year. So TSA said, it's real, just getting ready for the busiest labor Labor Day travel period it's ever seen. There's an expected eight and a half percent increase in passengers compared to twenty twenty three. I read something like seventeen million people will be screened, like starting now through next Wednesday. At that's how many are going to be screened back and forth between these airports.
Speaker 1: Are we breaking a record for every holiday?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 1: Thinks this is the same story for Fourth of July, It's the same story for Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: So people are just moving around and getting out more.
Speaker 3: I think people realized after we were on lockdown.
Speaker 4: Like, hey, if it's not now then when? So personal opinion.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about SpaceX. The Falcon nine rockets have been grounded after a first stage booster crashed onto a landing barge. There's an FAA investigation underway to determine what caused a crash. So SpaceX had two starlink launches planned for yesterday, one in Florida, one in California. The California launch was called off after a booster rocket in the Florida launch crash landed on a drone ship and it fell into the Atlantic Ocean. So this was a launch that was early yesterday and now again they're grounded.
Speaker 4: The FAA is looking into why.
Speaker 1: Oh you're doing this story? Yeah, yeah, Alex, you know what song I need for this?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This is the makeout song in the car. Well back in the day, like this was the makeout song in the car.
Speaker 3: So you're probably wondering why Rod's playing a makeout song during a story about a crew in Philadelphia that had to pull an suv out of the river. Well, police say two people were at a park, it was early morning hours. They were in the backseat of their twenty twenty Range Rover.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think that Night Rangers. Sister Christian was playing in that car.
Speaker 4: So deary hopes this very romantic moment.
Speaker 3: A woman accidentally hit or kicked the gear shift and their suv rolled straight into the water. Come on, all right, now, here's the thing. A dive company had to be It's not clear what level of undressed they were.
Speaker 1: In at the time. Did they jump out of the car before it hit the water.
Speaker 4: I don't know the logistics on that.
Speaker 3: I do know what dive crew had to be called in and a toe company had to help pull that suv out because it was submerged in nine feet of water about fifty feet offshore.
Speaker 1: You show up there like wrapped in banana leaves, like ah, like Adam and Eve.
Speaker 4: They have the car just the way Adam and Eve does that.
Speaker 1: What are your clothes? Guys?
Speaker 5: We got wet?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, we hate being what We took the clothes off. You know what, we can use it too. What's my other song? Flies Got you where I Want you? That's the other like car, that's the other car makeout song.
Speaker 4: Maybe don't listen to those while your car. Don't get so heated that you're kicking things in the gear.
Speaker 1: Oh this Ton high success rate when this is playing in the background.
Speaker 3: The old school Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is back. Og supermodel Tyra Banks and rating supermodel Gigi Hadid appeared in a video clip on social media. Had like cat walks up to hotel desk. She rings the bell, She's trying to get the attention. She the person manning the desk turns out to be Tyra Banks, and they're like giving each other an invitation, and Banks is like, oh, I'll be there.
Speaker 4: They said.
Speaker 3: The brand Victoria's Secret says, listen, We've read your comments and you are heard. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is back, and we'll reflect who we are today plus everything you know in love, the glamour, the runway, the wings, the musical entertainment and more so. It's gonna be October fifteenth, New York City. Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Is it back?
Speaker 5: Does not think we go for the music or the wing or the other stuff we go for?
Speaker 1: Does Emily Radakowski Does she do that? I think so because I think Shaboozy is getting tipsy with that. No way Boozy is getting tips with Emma rat Heck yeah, he is got the number one song, got the number one song.
Speaker 4: See what you get the number one girl, You get the number one song. That's how it works.
Speaker 1: Radakowski and Shaboozi are doing it. Let's do us.
Speaker 3: Smashing Pumpkins, Baybae, Bay Bay, there's another little pumpkin on the way. Billy Corgan and his wife are expecting their third child. They shared the news with the picture that included their two other children and their surprise.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 3: They did their announcement through People magazine, which is yeah, that's and an exciting time for all us.
Speaker 1: He said the baby was unexpected.
Speaker 3: But Smashing Pumpkin's Baby baby music page, those are.
Speaker 1: Houston said lights. I remember asking uh, Courtney Love is on the Looking at Girls blog page and on the music blog page. As a matter of fact, I remember asking her an interview a long time ago because she wrote songs with Billy Corgan. I'm like, ah, did you have sex with him? Like back then when you could just ask whatever you want? Yeah, She's like, ew, no, he's gross. And I went, I know, Billy Corgan flopping around on you cool hey astros one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were flopping around all that there.
Speaker 2: Yes, beat the hell out of the phillies, turning out.
Speaker 5: Then, yes, you had to avoid the sweep.
Speaker 2: Spencer Rigaty took a no hitter into the eighth inning, and you were don Alvarez hit three home runs in the game. It was the third time in his career he's had a three home run game. Tonight, the Actions are going to open up a four game series with the Royals. Hunter Brown will be on the map for this shows going up against Kansas City's Brady Singer. First pitches at seventen. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. College Football Week one picks off tonight. Yeah, there's not a lot of marquee games, but it's still okay. And if you can't appreciate football, then you're not an American, Right, That's all I'm going to say right there. So notable games on the schedule tonight. North Carolina plays Minnesota at seven, Colorado host North Dakota State at seven, and Utah takes on Southern Utah at eight.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's do song clips. Let's talk about throwback Thursday, because I feel like we're gonna get busy. It's a three game day for us. Hey, read my lips this next hour, guys, continue send me word suggestions. Okay, you're emailing me. Don't put anyone else on it. I mean, Chili can see he's only timekeeping, but just send it time Just email me. No, Tessa is taking on Alex this morning. We're playing at seven twenty, so I want to get song clips out of the way and we'll see if that does anything for the breeders or hinder because right now a perfect circle is dominating your votes for This is gonna be played at nine point thirty. Hit us up on our YouTube channel for a shot at thirty seconds to Mars tickets, and I'll run by just in case some people seem to be confused what they need to do, as far as like dropping a comment on the Rod Ryan Show YouTube Channel's right there on our live video. Hi, everybody on YouTube. We're looking for some new subscribers. One of you gets thirty seconds to Mars pit passes. I mean, guys, that's just the first hour.
Speaker 7: Come on Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 5: It's the Rod Ray.
Speaker 8: Morning Show from six to ten am, ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four to five, The Bus, Nirvana and come as you are. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. We're gonna go through some throwback Thursday songs coming up in just a moment, so sit tight for that. I've got that ready to go. Read my lips is coming up at seven twenty two. It's seven oh five already. I got a bunch of great words here. I will do one final scan after I'm done, yap and we get into the commercial break, I'll go through your words. But way to save me and you guys, I want to say you've done an amazing job. Not so good that I want to keep read my lips at seven twenty. I mean, I'm gladly gonna put it back at eight twenty on Thursdays. But because of the suburb of Summer Sizzler then you know, we kind of bumped that game up, so three games today. But I do appreciate you guys helping me out getting me these words early. Alex has taken on Tessa coming up in just a little bit. Dayton's taken on Keema in the suburb of Summer Sissler at eight twenty this morning. We had four teams come in yesterday. There are only eleven teams remaining for the rod Ryan Show charity golf tournament. It's the boobs Rock Tournament Tuesday, Roctober fifteenth, Wildcat Golf Club. It was the first time I said October this year felt nice. Admiral transfer and rigging the title sponsor Carbock Official Beer, Liquid Death or Official Water. Thank you Big Mike for stopping by yesterday and bringing buy all that product. I appreciate you. So we are over halfway sold out on golfers right now, and again we're going it's the end of August, but we got to get this stuff out there. We've got the car show planned for you in early October, and then the golf tournament is out there. The store is going to reopen soon. All that stuff is coming. But if you want to play golf with us at the Blue Rock Golf Tournament, you need to really get in there. All right, what's this roll? This is the other hindersong. Lips of an Angel was the big one, right, Yeah, we talk about that. That's like a MySpace memory for me. Lips of an Angel. Everybody had the girls, it was their MySpace page. Song. Hinder is not a one hit wonder. They had this great banger. It's called get stoned. My mother's up a packets, my mother's loads.
Speaker 3: God does.
Speaker 1: Lucky. He had a cool, smoky voice. Huh, if I if I could pick, I mean, you know, nobody's gonna be Freddie Mercury. You sing like this, you get the chicks. Yeah, that smoky voice does something. Yeah, I could sing like this. All right, Hell you're cool. Cats coming on to sing for you right now. He's so besterious.
Speaker 14: Downets.
Speaker 1: Great song, last place seventeen percent of the vote. Going way back when alternative ruled the world late nineties, readers had this song in heavy rotation on MTV. This is cannonball. Remember this a lot of commercials. I think they did sell this.
Speaker 4: On the last Flash.
Speaker 1: This has got twenty five percent of the boat. Right now, what's dominating? See Christ, that's Josh Freeze on drums right there. Let's give me that again. Everybody, you know, my friend Josh Freeze happens to be the drummer the Food Fighters right now. When I predicted that he was going to become the drummer before anybody knew. When I said he was going to be the drummer the Food Fighters, I told her, everybody, go look at the Judith video. If you're asking yourself if this man is qualified to take Taylor Hawkins's position, He's more than qualified to be the drummer of the Foo Fighters. He is brilliant on this song, Judith.
Speaker 4: Sustarsh's Gonna Win? Is this Gonna Win?
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite rock videos too.
Speaker 4: I want to say, someone with the fire, what is this one? Were you going up the elevator?
Speaker 1: No, this is just a performance video of them in a warehouse. Okay, but I think David Lynch maybe made the video. Some movie guy made the video. Pass is the bass player, and she does this thing in the middle of the song where she's like whipping her hair in a bun and sticking a chopstick through it, okay, and then grabbing the bass and hitting it on the down beat, and they speed it up to make sure that it fits. Watch that little segment, that little nuance in that video. It's the hottest thing I've ever seen it.
Speaker 4: It's hot.
Speaker 1: It's hotter than hot for Teacher from Van Halen or it's hotter than the Zezy Top girls. It is the sexiest thing I've ever seen in a music video. And she's just and she's just putting her hair in a bun.
Speaker 4: No, I know that's why it's so funny.
Speaker 1: But she comes down on the downbeat Pam and hits the bass note right the song's gonna win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it was like an unfair match up. I was a little bummed Oasis wasn't in this. I felt like with all the Oasis talk, you might.
Speaker 5: Get a great.
Speaker 1: Great point Alex Pain Well maybe maybe Wizard's like everyone else, nobody cares about it. Way, this is where she's okay doing the hair circle do grabs her whole hair updu boom chopstick Sam, the hits the downbeat right there.
Speaker 3: Girls that are like thinking about just bending over for the camera on Instagram needs to listen to this clip because that doesn't have the effect you might think.
Speaker 1: Just being you and he and.
Speaker 4: Leaning in to your creative side amazing.
Speaker 3: No clothes have to be removed, you can just you just do what you do, and that's gonna be the hottest thing that you can do.
Speaker 1: It's like paz lynchanton or something. The bass player so so amazing. This is this is in first place, by the way, It's got fifty seven percent of your vote. Winning song will we played today at nine point thirty h read my lips is coming up. Give me some last minute words suggestions. Email me Rod at the Buzz dot com rockand Alternative Fair. Use the Rod Ryan Morning Show six am ninety four to five to the Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show on this throwback Thursday. Great job everybody enjoining those song clips. I see that's good. Yeah. I think it's a good selection of songs today. People haven't heard that Hinder song in a long long time. A Perfect Circle is still in the lead. You vote on the world Famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. We do have an extra opportunity to win some tickets. Chili has some tickets. He's offering up thirty seconds to Mars in the pit. But Chili, this involves our rod Ryan Show YouTube channel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 6: So whenever you're watching the video, you'll see rod Space. Hih, you'll see everybody there.
Speaker 1: What's everybody on there? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So on the right hand side of that, there's a live chat and that's where everybody's chatting leaving the comment right there, and that's what you gotta just leave, like a hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Okay? Anything at all. We're not asking if you to do a hashtag or anything. We're asking you to subscribe, yeah, to the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel, and then get in there and drop a chat.
Speaker 7: Just say hey, how y'all doing? Checking in thirty seconds or whatever you want to say on there.
Speaker 1: You know, you're right? Yeah? You up? Are you up?
Speaker 8: You up?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 7: What you're wearing?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 6: But the cool thing is that I get a notification like an email saying so and so just subscribe to the YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: So that clutch.
Speaker 6: So that's so I'm gonna go in there and see if if you already subscribe, you're good. But if you have not subscribed, you know, give us.
Speaker 7: A light in my win.
Speaker 1: It is a shameless ploy to get more subscribers on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: And the.
Speaker 1: Piece of the cheese. The cheese is thirty seconds to ours pit passes for the show tonight. All right, thank you, Chiley. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Nikki Glazer's going to host the Golden Globes.
Speaker 3: She killed it on the roast of Tom Brady and now she's booked a pretty significant gig. Her comedy special is doing well. Nikki Glazer, someday oil die it's been nominated for an Emmy. She really gained that national attention at the roast of Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: She was pretty famous before that, but yes, boy, that Tom Brady roast like took her to.
Speaker 4: A new level, definitely elevated her.
Speaker 3: The eighty second Annual Golden Globes whill we held January fifth, and they'll air on CBS. Kroger admitted to raising prices far higher than necessary to fight inflation. Their top pricing executive testified yesterday that they had significantly higher than cost inflation. That's they had raised his prices significantly higher than cost inflation, specifically with milk and eggs.
Speaker 4: They were.
Speaker 3: The testimony was part of a lawsuit aimed to stop Kroger from buying Albertson's like from that merger to happen, and during that that was kind of a big takeaway that people were like.
Speaker 4: Oh, interesting, you were gouging. Okay, fine. Also, do you see that new stadium over in Aldean. It's called Thorns Stadium. It's like called brand new built stadium for the first game of the year it'll be opening. It's insane.
Speaker 1: It looks like a college stadium, only in Texas.
Speaker 4: Will you see these stadiums like this for high schools and those seats will be packed like a seat will be packed.
Speaker 3: So I believe their first game is tonight. They're taking on Fort ben Kipner and that's gonna be an epic showdown. Those those brand new beautiful stands will be packed.
Speaker 1: That's what's trending on not eighty four five the bus. Bye, guys, thank you so much forgiving me your word suggestions for time to read my lips. Tessa is taking on Alex. Now's the time called Chili. He's the guy you see on one of those boxes on the YouTube channel gorgeous looking gorge. Gorge doesn't do it, does Georgina? If you want to call in now seven one, three, four five, you're gonna pick Tessa? Are you gonna pick Alex? Who's gonna win you these passes to go to the Houston Zoo. Alex has eleven wins, Tessa has twelve wins. Wow, pretty evenly matched here, So just giving you your options seven one three, two, win two five nine four five read my lips. Next, p o'de and youth of the nation to get us there four minutes, peeps, it's ninety four to five buzz Oh yeah, that's Chili's Jam right there, ninety four or five the Buzz, p O D and Youth of the Nation. Rod Ryan Show. We are giving away a pair of tickets on our YouTube channel, and we're trying this. This is something new. We've never done this before. But we had an extra pair of tickets to go see thirty seconds to Mars. But you'll be in the pit. Okay. So I'm asking for a subscribe on our rod Ryan Show YouTube channel, and I'm asking you to just hop in that chat and just say what up you up? Send nudes. I don't care what you do. Just put something in there now. Daniel says you should also tell people to hit the bell icon. This will ensure that your show, that you show up on the feed and they know when you're live. Okay, if there's a little bell, hit the bell too, I mean.
Speaker 7: More cowboy, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we really gonna use that.
Speaker 1: My YouTube usage is my kid on the TV watching Taylor Swift videos. So there's a bell to hit now too. I didn't know about that. There's my bell, all right. Sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms high eighty seven. We'll draw somebody that has done those few things that we ask if you on our YouTube channel at the end of the show right now, yes, not to read my zips. You got test taking on Alex. One win separates you too. One of you's got eleven at least two? Is that true?
Speaker 6: I thought so, Tessa's got one more so I just kind of miscalculated.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what are the numbers? Thirteen to eleven? Thirteen to eleven? Okay, still too close for comfort? Alex in striking distance here? Who's the returning champion, Alex? Let's see who people picked to play? Sexy James, good morning, brother. Right, you don't need to lay it on any thicker, you got it. But he's got a great voice, and he's like, all right, I'm gonna really throw it out. I'm six ' five, I'm super hot. Sexy James. What are you doing, dude? Why aren't you playing the fresh un of bet heads Ahead? Why are you here?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: I call every day a late dark to day. I'm driving into work, all right, Sexy James, who's playing for you? Two?
Speaker 5: Hellix? Not anymore?
Speaker 4: Not not now for sure?
Speaker 1: Hi Amber, good morning, Good morning, Amber, Welcome in you're playing for? Uh what team Tesla is playing for you this morning?
Speaker 4: She picked me, right, Chili? Yes, wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 1: So who did you say was the returning champ? Alex? Alex says the returning champ? What do you want to do? Go first? Or second?
Speaker 5: James? Who do you think I should do?
Speaker 1: Sexy James? Your call for a second? Go second?
Speaker 4: Okay great?
Speaker 5: Let me just get up, all right, let Tesla go first. You don't have to get I want to play good. I want to play good.
Speaker 4: When I was sitting down, I lost my ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's standing up now, quiet there, Okay, here we go. Amber. Tessa is going to get three words. She's now put on some headphones she cannot hear me, and uh, she's got twenty seconds to guess. Chili is the timekeeper on.
Speaker 7: This, Yes, sir, twenty seconds ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, Amber, good luck?
Speaker 5: I mean in Spanish today.
Speaker 1: Oh this is for those zoo tickets too. I'll let Testa do the recap afterwards. But yeah, it's for that four pack of tickets to the zoo, right, yes, sir, your bird for new bird exhibit.
Speaker 7: You're right, well, we'll give you the birds.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. It looks like Tessa is ready to go.
Speaker 4: Thumbs Okay, yes, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Tony sent this word in. I think we just talked about it today on the show.
Speaker 11: Car Bang, What car Bang, card Bag, car Bang, hard Bag, car Bang.
Speaker 1: Gonda bed car Bang.
Speaker 3: Car Bagger, carpetbagger, car Bang, card bail, I car.
Speaker 5: Bang, car bag?
Speaker 14: Got you?
Speaker 1: Where what you the fly? Car bang?
Speaker 4: Car Bang? Yeah, storyline, No, I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: You're doing a story no headline, Yeah, car bank didn't it did a cargo in.
Speaker 7: The Yeah, the river. The couple guys they got in the back seat.
Speaker 1: They were banging in the car.
Speaker 4: I'm here for the You're so helpful now, Alex, thank you, Yes, I was so helpful.
Speaker 1: Friend on friend of Eli said this word could be anything. Here we go. Thumbs up.
Speaker 9: Fish farts, fishbash, fish farts, fish bows, fish farts, fish parts.
Speaker 4: So dumb words? Oh my god, did you ask for them to be so dumb?
Speaker 14: Today?
Speaker 1: We said fish don't fart, did we Yeah? We talked about animals that fart and animals that don't fart in fun facts.
Speaker 5: Very important.
Speaker 1: That's why the guys.
Speaker 4: Could you make them an extra dumb today.
Speaker 5: Popper Fisher fish pop up.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, puff puff, Okay, she's got one. Yeah, twenty seconds on the clock. Yes, sir, Dallas Daniel sent us home.
Speaker 4: I gotta get at least two.
Speaker 5: Happy anniversary, Daniel, who him and Daisy's anniversary?
Speaker 1: It is Oh, have the anniversary comes up?
Speaker 4: Oh wait, No, I'm not ready. Okay, so okay, yes, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Canada roll?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 1: Canada roll?
Speaker 4: Canada roll?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 14: What is that?
Speaker 1: What is that? His reference to you guys, You guys, guy shouldn't listen to the Rod Ryan Show once in a while, you would know some of these words Canada because the California role.
Speaker 3: No, but the chef was invented in Okay, you're just showing off. It's very early when he does those facts Vancouver.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, the chef was in Vancouver and he created it.
Speaker 3: Great submission, Dallas Daniel, Canada rolla.
Speaker 1: The California role could have easily been the Canada roll in the Cameroon. Sure for the Cartman rollf. His his name was Cartman or.
Speaker 4: I hope you lose Alex.
Speaker 1: I hope you don't get any Alex. You need two to tie.
Speaker 5: Good. Look buddy, thanks chill.
Speaker 1: Apparently the words suck today, Yeah, they.
Speaker 4: Do, weird and bad.
Speaker 7: They've been good, good quality words.
Speaker 1: Thank you chilling. Yes, because you know who submitted him.
Speaker 4: Are great listen, yes, yes, they need they're tired.
Speaker 1: The amazing early of the Rod Ryan Show submitted all these words. Twenty seconds on the clock. This role, he's going to get three words. He's playing for sexy James. All right, Daniel sent this one in. Here we go, thumbs up, yep, night ranger, Why night ranger, night wrench, night winch night Ranger, say to you night night ranger, night ranger, night ranger.
Speaker 4: It's so easy.
Speaker 1: Well but you could hear me say it, yeah easy night just think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what syllable words, all the syllables, all right, ranger and then night.
Speaker 1: Here comes here comes a million syllables. Okay, the word is million syllables. All right. Here we go Justice wood a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck chuck wood. Thank you. I let you go for the whole thing on that one. All right, justin sent this one please still just twenty seconds. Just yeah, that felt long. That was so long. I hate the feed into your your thing that felt like forever. Yes, combs up stop itchy butthole itchy but hoole.
Speaker 16: To be confusion also easy, itchy but hole easy syllables everywhere, so many Okay, the more syllables, it's easier.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, he's.
Speaker 7: Got to get this one over.
Speaker 4: It looks like a bird cawing. It's like caw caw like Okay, we don't that could be anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what's going to happen on this one.
Speaker 7: You gotta get this one.
Speaker 1: We go to overtime. What's gonna happen? Is it all right? Luke sent this word in Walker. This is the kind of thing that, like the headphones get thrown across the room. It's that kind of word. Moist oyster, moist oyster. I get what the hell is it? Don't answer?
Speaker 5: That's all?
Speaker 4: Is it your birthday? For all those gifts you're getting?
Speaker 1: Moist hard Alex is one syllable anything, see, James, give him the full show here, tell him what he's won because we got.
Speaker 4: These words of syllables to him.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Four pack of passes to Houston Zoo. Birds of the World Exhibit more Excited.
Speaker 3: Three Plush habitats, highlighting birds from all over Houston, Zoo dot Org.
Speaker 1: God, all right, love it Amber, love the color of your energy. But we got to say goodbye.
Speaker 4: Your amber, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: She's so disappointed.
Speaker 1: She's like, damn it, that moist oyster got me again. That's what she said when she hung out. Damn damn moist oyster. It's always the moist oyster that gets me every time. Let's get out into break here, Sexy James. Sexy James off to the Zoo Summer Summer Sizzler. Next hour, you're voting on the Throwback Thursday. You're checking out the Fix the Gram feature. You're trying to win tickets on our YouTube channel. I mean, come on, the most interactive show on the radio. We're still trying to get rid of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now let's go on the break. There we go, Well, I need a break all right now we break Rock and Alternative to The Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Oliver Tree. Thank you very much. Coming up on a halfway point of your Throwback Thursday, Judith is on a path of victory right now. I'm talking about what's in there for Throwback Thursday. You got the Breeders and you've got the other hinder song to get Stone song. It's good, it's a good one. A lot of people suggested smoky voice for a word. I'm sure that would have been not gone over well, nothing went over well today, it doesn't matter the moist Oyster.
Speaker 4: Put it behind yourself.
Speaker 1: You thought moist Oyster was easy.
Speaker 4: All Alex's were there layups, they were all carving.
Speaker 16: You got it.
Speaker 4: That's hard. That's hard because it's one toable. I don't know how many more times. See why didn't want to talk about it?
Speaker 1: Sixty percent chance of scattered at thunderstorms. There's the chances of rain all throughout the day. Highs today of around eighty seven. Suburb Summer Sizzler. Next hour, Dayton takes on Chema. We'll get rolling with that at around eight twenty, and then after that we'll give away rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary show tickets because Dylan, I'm sorry, Bobby or Patrick they're gonna win anniversary show tickets because one of them goes to the final four of the Sizzler. God, we're getting close. But then I'll get everybody involved after the suburb Summer Sissler and give away a pair. I'll get you calling into the station all right, right now, Houston's headlines. What you got.
Speaker 3: United AIRLINESES flight attendants are approving nationwide strike. The flight attendants yesterday voted to approved strike authorization if they don't reach an agreement with the airlines. United flight attendants are demanding pay raises, they want job security, they want retirement benefits. There are twenty eight thousand flight attendants from United in mediation right now.
Speaker 4: Strike is a lengthy process. It's not eminem it. It is a lengthy process, and it has been authorized by the union.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: The CDC says six more people have died from an outbreak of contaminated deli meat since May. Nine people have died in nearly sixty have been hospitalized by a lasteria.
Speaker 4: Outbreak connected to bors Head meets.
Speaker 3: Borshead expanded its deli meat recall in July to include an additional seven million pounds of ready to eat meats from its plant in Virginia. This is meant for Halloween, but it also works for I don't know any goth people.
Speaker 1: That love the beach yet.
Speaker 3: He has teamed up with the bottled water brand liquid death, and they ohohoh.
Speaker 1: That's their absolute nemesis, canned water. The whole liquid death is death to plastics. So it's a canned water company. I just met with them yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, sorry, I didn't realize the way this was written in the article. Sorry that it says bottled water brand, but yes.
Speaker 4: Can water. Yeah, it's definitely not a bottled water brand.
Speaker 3: But they're a water company, and there are they're teaming up with Yetti for a cooler that looks like a casket. It's life size, it's bright white, and other than two small logos on the front, it just looks like a real casket. But it's insulated and it's aligned with that triple foam cold cell technology that Yeti is known for without ice. They say it's big enough to hold three hundred and seventy eight beers, so just enough to get you and a friend like through the Labor Day weekend.
Speaker 1: But think about like the price of a Yeti cooler, just an average sized one. They're crazy, right, Yeah, this is an actual coffin size that an adult could be in. Yeah, that's how big this cooler is.
Speaker 3: And they're bidding on it and last we checked, the top bid was around twenty grand. The sale ends tomorrow, so there's still time to bid on this if you on it. Liquid Death is the official water sponsor of the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party and the Boobs Rock Golf Tournament, so you can go check out this link and see all the cool stuff that Liquid Death is doing with us.
Speaker 1: You would need a crane to move it, I mean just empty. It's got to be like, yeah, yeah, ten friends Yedi coolers, but nothing in them are heavy?
Speaker 4: Yeah soutally are?
Speaker 1: I think they're meant just to be on the boat and not move.
Speaker 5: They were built so you can stand on it and fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly it. So this thing is awesome. Twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Is the bid so far.
Speaker 3: It's got to be higher than that. I bet it's up to thirty now if I go check. Okay, let's talk about Little Jeremy Jackson because he played Little Hoby Buchanan on bay Watch back in their early nineties. He was around eleven years old, and for the next year, this eleven year old got to work with some of the most sexy women in the world, and for most of that time. You know, he's too young, he can't hook up with them. But he had a very perverted solution. He says he would sneak into their trailers after they had taken off their bathing suits that they had just weren't on set, and he would sniff them.
Speaker 4: And that's his story. And why do I know that, Well because.
Speaker 3: It is one of the many revelations in the new docu series after Baywatch Moment in the Sun. Yeah, Nicole Eggert is someone Jeremy specifically mentioned. And she's unbelievably cool with the fact that he used to do this. She's like, I know Jeremy very well. This surprises me, not at all.
Speaker 1: Well, he was fourteen when he was doing it. No, Okay, that guy never did anything afterwards, did he? I have no idea.
Speaker 4: He's the first time I've heard of him.
Speaker 1: Super handsome guy. He's jacked.
Speaker 7: I went.
Speaker 1: I saw his Instagram this morning. He's like super fitness guy. But I don't know Hobie was the last time he acted. I haven't seen him in anything.
Speaker 4: Yes, same, and I yeah, it's the only reference I have for him.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lincoln Park has been toying with everyone's emotions since they put this countdown clock on and we've waited one hundred hours collectively, and then their countdown clock is now going upwards. So it hit zero and no one knows what's going on anymore. And then they were like, it's only a matter of time. Okay, a matter of time for what? How is this going to go back up to.
Speaker 4: One hundred hours?
Speaker 1: Is countdown clock?
Speaker 4: What do you think of this whole thing?
Speaker 1: Are you frustrated?
Speaker 2: Ron?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm frustrated because I'm trying to make sense of what Ross Ross really dug into this thing. Okay, countdown went down to zero and then started counting up. Okay, you said that, Ross said it. Two screen glitches happened, and fans began to theorize what was coming. One screen glitch was at one thirty five. One thirty five is ninety five seconds nine five twenty four became a rumor. Then that became trending. Okay, don't shake your head because this song.
Speaker 4: I'm shaking my head. This is the worst promotion Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, this sounds like a Taylor Swift thing. So then then nine oh five came another screen glitch happened that lasted nine point five seconds. Mike know to enter the comments posted sideway, eyes the looking emoji, and then left the chat room. The clock continued to count up as it is right now. Ross Rogers follows up and he says, keep in mind the timer goes back up. If the timer goes back up to one hundred hours and then back down to nine oh five twenty four, it will be nine five twenty four on the calendar. Is waiting another week September fifth. He thinks something's gonna happen on September fifth.
Speaker 3: Guys, I'm gonna shake my head because that's a little frustrating to build people up and then make them wait another week nothing to hold on to.
Speaker 1: I'll agree with you.
Speaker 4: She at least gives you, like a song title, a track. She gives you a nugget.
Speaker 1: This is nothing. So this is just numbers.
Speaker 4: The numbers in a couple of glitches. It's very frustrating for me. Okay made the announcement.
Speaker 2: There was a clock, and the clock was on three, and then she said the word dub.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: She should even compare the two.
Speaker 5: It's the exact same.
Speaker 4: It's literally not.
Speaker 2: Astro's gotta win you Today. They blew out the Phillies ten to nothing to avoid the sweep. Spin to Raghetty took a no hitter into the eighth inning and you were and Alvarez hit three home runs. It was his third three homer game in his career. Tonight, the Afters are going to open up a four game series with the Royals. Hunter Brown is going to be in the mount for this rows, going up against Kansas City's Brady Singer. First pitch is at seven ten. You can listen to it over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. Week one of the college football season kicks off tonight. Not a ton of marquee games with some notable ones on the schedule. You get North Carolina play in Minnesota at seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: You can watch that on Fox.
Speaker 2: Then Colorado takes on North Dakota State at seven on ESPN, and Utah faces Southern Utah at eight o'clock. If you want to go catch some college troll this weekend, I got a pair of you of H tickets. You can see them take on UNLV and their season opener this Saturday at TDECU Stadium. Call her ten to seven one three two one two five two five nine four five. You can go watch the Koogs. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: It felt good. Give me another one cold? All right? Seven one three two one two five nine four five Call guy.
Speaker 13: The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That's Papa Roach and halfway part of the show. Pay vote tato four ato five call it what it is. Sixty percent chances scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. Highs today of around eighty seven more votes pouring in, pouring in. I mean that that's good. A perfect circle. Judith still in first place with fifty one percent of the vote, Hinder from third to second place now with thirty one percent of the vote, Breeders Cannonball seventeen percent of the vote. It's a pretty commanding lead for a perfect circle. But there's still plenty of time. There's just about an hour to just under an hour and a half to the winning song being played on the air. So your votes count. You go to the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. All right, well, it is the halfway point. Of the show this hour, I will get you Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets. Yeah, sorry, just give it away one pair today for the big show that's going down at the Carbock Brewery. I was at the brewery yesterday. They got a new pizza joint that's opening today. You can get in there really good pizza. It's kind of like a sneak peek kind of a deal yesterday. So the pizza parlor, the pizza place is now open pizza and pints. And everyone that was working there, the guys that work at Carbok, they, I mean the higher up guys have tickets, but like some of the other guys that work there, they're like, dude, I need tickets. I'm like, you work here. He goes, yeah, we need tickets to go to this thing. It's they're treating it like nothing else. Yeah, guys that.
Speaker 4: Work there are asking you are a huge, huge deal right now.
Speaker 1: But there's a guy with a name like his name is like Al and it's sewn onto his shirt and on the other side is stitched Carbok Brewery and it's and he's asking me for tickets. Yeah. He's like, dude, they're not giving us tickets like we have to win.
Speaker 3: It is that tight.
Speaker 4: We'll just work that day and then you will be there and everybody that worked there.
Speaker 1: But it just you know, you anywhere. I'm sure you guys are experiencing this. I mean, you cannot go anywhere without somebody asking you for tickets to the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't also know if they're understanding what a rare commodity it is.
Speaker 1: So we will have a pair of tickets for you today after the Suburb Summer Sizzler eight oh seven. Quickly, I really should not have skipped eleventh grade science when we were talking about Newtonian and non Newtonian fluids. Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have left that day. You shouldn't have skipped out early. TSA is catching some heat right now. They tweeted out that peanut butter is a liquid. Listen to me more than this now tweet has been viewed over twenty million times. This has happened over the last few days. It has always been a rule. Okay, it's a non Newtonian fluid. What does Newtonian mean Newtonian water?
Speaker 4: You use that word?
Speaker 5: Sound smart?
Speaker 4: Then they should just say They should just say water water like.
Speaker 1: It's water like.
Speaker 4: So they say that, so we have to google it before we can respond immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hang on a second. The Internet is acting like their minds are completely blown. Would you bring a jar, think about a peanut butter jar, whatever size it is. Would you bring a jar of toothpaste and put that in your carry on and bring that on the plane.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: No, I'd put a little baby sample.
Speaker 5: Okay, sometimes that is.
Speaker 4: They want me to bring a little baby sample peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Just don't bring peanut butter in your carry on. Do you need.
Speaker 4: Body building?
Speaker 1: Are you going to some non peanut butter area of the planets that you can't get it?
Speaker 5: Put butter?
Speaker 4: Okay, then you can't do anything anymore.
Speaker 1: Then you have to just what you said. You got to bring whatever the three point whatever ounces of peanut butter. It's considered a liquid to the tsa.
Speaker 5: Of shampoo. Buttle Yes, peanut butter squeeze a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I know when I get wrapped up and i'm you know, you just get done with a burger, and I wash it down with a glass of peanut butter spoonful, I mean everyone does that, right milk?
Speaker 5: Yeah, now, then it's the spot.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it's that wild. I don't think it's that wild of them to think that a tub of peanut butter in your carry on, they don't want it.
Speaker 4: What if it's for your dog, what if it's for your baby?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so you're living in this world like but I have a reason. That's that's what people do. But I have a reason.
Speaker 4: This is America.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry if I feel like whatddings the peanut butter because I'm I don't know, want a peanut butter craze at the moment, and I'm not eating anything else.
Speaker 1: But you're happy with the travel sized toothpaste, Well, yeah, that's I just you.
Speaker 3: Only use it because you Because you don't take a spoonful of toothpaste and eat it for pleasure. You put at You put a little bit of toothpaste on your brush and then you brush.
Speaker 4: But peanut butter you eat that by the jar.
Speaker 2: You never have peanut butter and toothpaste sandwiches stop as a staple in the Middleton house wall.
Speaker 4: You're not serious right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, fresh breath.
Speaker 1: They classify it as a liquid I'm throwing that out there for people that are flying that are thinking they're taking a tub of peanut butter with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cancel plan.
Speaker 2: I want to see somebody like try. I've never seen anybody with a tub of peanut butter.
Speaker 1: They're gonna take it from me, peanut butter. Same imagine this. I mean, what do you want to bring like a gawn of ranch dressing on the plane.
Speaker 5: I don't know, can't.
Speaker 4: I just want to press what I want to do.
Speaker 1: Oh not my mustard. Don't take my mustard. Oh no, they got my mustard.
Speaker 4: D spect mustard.
Speaker 1: You mail that back to me the mustard please. U guys. We got Dayton, We've got Kema. They're going to be going head to head the suburb Summer Sizzler is happening byday from Dayton, Patrick from Kema. Winner goes to the final four two and fifty dollars cash from Shell Federal Credit Union, a couple of games away from playing for the whole thing, and the winner today gets rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. So we will revisit with the with Dayton and Keema after this and we'll get them set up for the Sizler.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. All right, setting up for the suburb Summer Sizzler. Following along on the brackets myself here we have both players ready to go. Somebody advances into the final four, that's great. We've got a sixty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today. I'm eighty seven. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Did you see that your rugby girl is on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd like to think that I turned you on to her a little bit.
Speaker 3: He turned I think our whole crowd. You were the first one to say anything. Everyone was talking about a lot of Olympic news at that time, but you were on.
Speaker 1: Alona Alona mar Ma hair Alona mar is a rugby player and shout out to the rugby gals who got bronze. But she's just so good at social media and she went funny. She went from half a million. As soon as she got to the Olympics, she gained another five hundred thousand, so she went to a million. Now she's two millions. She probably has three million followers. But she just got invited to be on Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 3: She's on the cover of Sports Illustrated. She looks great, and.
Speaker 4: I think I think she's doing a lot of things for girls.
Speaker 3: That are athletically built and just having that max confidence and showing like, hey, like.
Speaker 1: This, you're a cover girl.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it's beauty standards are just evolving. They're evolving, and I'm not saying they're changing or like getting better.
Speaker 4: They're just evolving in a great way. And she's like women like her are just important to that.
Speaker 1: She's a really fun follow too. She's so good at such like she's good at social media. So she's going to be a superstar.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you see the guy who kind of I don't know if he took like an old Nisibishi or he took some old car.
Speaker 1: Oh, he turned it into a cyber truck and he's selling it.
Speaker 4: It looks like a cyber truck.
Speaker 1: He's trying to sell it as a cyber truck. It it's only like five grand. I mean, it's like, yeah, cyber truck for sale for five grand. It is so funny, it's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's on Three Things you Must See And then if you didn't know, it is like National cabnet Day, so it's one of these national wine days. But the food blog page talks about Dairy Queen adding new Blizzard flavors. It's like, there's some fulk, there's some fall flavors in there, assaulted caramel, truffle, pumpkin pie, a Java chip one.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I'm kind of into that.
Speaker 1: And Duncan has a fall menu.
Speaker 3: All these fall menus are trickling in and they're on the on the foodlog page, on link Singa.
Speaker 4: So that's what's trending on I.
Speaker 3: Don't walk five the bucks.
Speaker 1: Talking about fall. We're still in summer because we're doing the Summer of Summer Sizzler still now. There's only a couple of matchups left. This is going to be the last invitation to the final four. We play Friday Tuesday, after the long weekend. Wednesday is the last game of the year. When somebody wins five grand Come on, Patrick, good morning, good morning, okay, Patrick, tell us a little bit how you got here into this great eight situation.
Speaker 5: I was able to get both of my songs cript.
Speaker 1: You shout out you, you did, you yelled out your name, and you had the name of the band and the name of the song for both of your previous games. Yes, okay, So what you're telling everybody is you know what you're doing and you belong to be here, right, Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: So what do you know what?
Speaker 11: Bob?
Speaker 1: How Bobby got here? I'm going to ask him, but do you know you have you been listening?
Speaker 6: Yeah? He kind of sell into it.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Bobby, Bobby, how'd you get here? Well?
Speaker 5: Into it?
Speaker 1: Nice? But can you fall all the way into the final four? We're about to find out Bobby's playing for Dayton, Patrick's playing for Keema, and uh Alex had some fun fact. You have all this songs for the rest of the games. You have them all predetermined to see where do you keep them? Like in a vault somewhere? Is there a six Is there some sort of a big gun safe for here?
Speaker 14: This song.
Speaker 5: I'll run down to the safe, have them, and I'll have them ready to go.
Speaker 1: It's cool man, A right, Bobby, you can't just coast into the final four. Bro, You're gonna have to do something.
Speaker 5: Here, show with something, Bob.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, Well that's what Glamour said, okay, close.
Speaker 4: Remember she did say your name right after.
Speaker 1: She chimed in after and that got her a trip home. Yeah, okay, all right, one of you guys is winning two hundred and fifty bucks. One of you guys is winning a pair of tickets to the twentieth Anniversary Show. We'll give away a pair of tickets after the game is over. We play the game in four minutes. Get your mind right.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Show Morning.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah that was too long, man, I cannot wait for this match up here the Buzz, Good morning, Bron Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. Yes, a perfect circle still winning. Yes, keep me honest. Let me just click and then click and Hinder. What Hinder is in first place? Right now?
Speaker 5: He did it?
Speaker 1: They went from worse to first. Hinder Smoky Voice forty four percent of your vote. Hinder gets stoned forty two A perfect circle. Breeders is out of it at this point. Wow, where's the Maynard James Keenan fans? Okay, your boys losing right now? Both songs are great. I mean those are my two front those are my two songs too. What what are you getting the Gravy Gang to vote? For not mayor not Maynard, anybody.
Speaker 5: But it's not tool though you're holding He is everything the tool stands for.
Speaker 1: You're holding your tool against him.
Speaker 5: I don't like him.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, sixty percent chances scattered thunderstorms today, pies of around eighty seven. Dude, Bobby, make a move, bro, let's do I mean, I know Sandbagan has done you very well. Okay, but it's cashtime, baby, Okay, it's cashtime. It's twentieth anniversary ticket time. Baby, Bobby, step.
Speaker 5: It up, let's go.
Speaker 1: Dayton wants to hear you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, representing Dayton is Bobby. And Kim has got to be feeling good about Patrick because he's just been annihilating people. Yeah, in the suburb summer, Sissler, Patrick, welcome back.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: When you saw that your matchup was going to be against Bobby, did you just throw a party?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 7: What did you do?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm secretly kind of worried about Bobby.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not a secret anymore, is it, Because we're all wondering.
Speaker 1: We all are wondering, is someone going to slide all the way into the final four. You don't slide your way to me, Bobby, you don't slide your way into winning five grand I don't think they totally do that. Bobby's like, if anyone can do it, it's me, buddy.
Speaker 4: Okay, Roger, don't want to get in your head. You've you've been doing great.
Speaker 1: Bobby's already hoping for a choke. He's like, my only hope is that Patrick chokes. All right, listen, you guys have made this so much fun. This is the last chance. This is the last people that were inviting into the final four. So it's two hundred and fifty dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union and then you're two games away from winning the whole damn thing five thousand dollars. But yeah, winner today gets twenty anniversary party tickets. This is Game twenty eight, Game twenty Game twenty eight. Patrick. Are you ready? Yes? Okay, you're the only one I'm asking, Bobby. Are you ready to go?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sure? Okay, I mean you're well rested. Okay, you haven't taken the hits, you haven't taken the reps, and everyone else has been out there swinging. Bobby is fresh, okay, in good spirit. He's got every limb, every every vocal, cord is Fresh. Okay, guys, you know the rules. You shout out your name as soon as you think you know the name of the song and the name of the band. You have to get both correct. When you say your name, I will say your name. You're on the clock for three seconds. Give me both of those pieces of information. We will reward you handsomely. Patrick, You ready, yes, sir? Another guy, yep, Sure, let's go, Bobby, here we go. Here comes your song. It's day twenty eight, Suburbs summer Sissler. Good luck, boys, I don't want to believe maybe this is such Patrick one.
Speaker 2: No, no way in hell, I plan mine, planline, just couldn't help.
Speaker 1: Nailed the band, nailed the band. We've been talking so much about Derek Whibbley. We've been talking so much about some forty one. That's insane that that song was being used there because it's just been talked about so much.
Speaker 5: My watch just told me that I need to watch.
Speaker 1: We have a Oh my gosh, Patrick, Bobby, I was dancing.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm actually going to be out of town for the party, so I was going to get Bobby the tickets anyways, Oh my goodness, So Bobby if you want to write him a check for two fifty. All listen, Patrick, you are a great player. And then there's Bobby. Bobby. Bobby's a player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's definitely a player in this game.
Speaker 1: Bobby is playing the game kind of one of them.
Speaker 4: Is he like, is he really?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, He's like Jello. It just slides down. Okay, he's just sliding in Final four, Bobby two and fifty dollars. I mean Dayton. I can hear Dayton screaming still right now the suburb of Dayton. Bobby is their favorite son right now. He's like, nobody has slapped their way to the top, Nobody has funny, nobody has tripped their way up the ladder like Bobby has.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when Savannah didn't guess it and Bobby was like, that's obviously welcome to the jungle, clearly, Savannah.
Speaker 1: Okay, is Bobby the favorite all of a sudden? With Patrick out?
Speaker 4: He's likable for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean you saw what Bobby. You saw what Bobby did to Patrick. Oh my hey, dude, welcome to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary show, and welcome to the Final Four.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're doing.
Speaker 5: Most of it.
Speaker 1: Two games away from winning five thousand dollars our man, Bobby and Dayton, Wow, the rod Ryan Show Mornings on the bus. What are we gonna do here?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the buzz sublime what I got? So I'm gonna clear off these phone lines, and everybody's calling it early because you know I did promise you tickets, just like Bobby representing Dayton beautifully one rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary show tickets. I'm gonna give away a pair coming up in just a moment. I'm still processing what happened. I'm loving this side note. Now, this sub headline of the suburb Summer Sissler sponsored by show Federal Credit Union. Bobby sliding his way into the final four.
Speaker 4: Kind of funny Cinderella story.
Speaker 1: But if you're if you root for the slacker and the underdog guy, like I think a lot of people are jumping on team Bobby right now. I think so now, you can't take the five thousand dollars away from somebody that knows all these songs, that knows all these bands, or.
Speaker 5: Can you or can you will see see?
Speaker 4: I think Patrick definitely knew the song.
Speaker 1: It's just having the.
Speaker 3: Time that the saying it quick enough, because he for sure knew that that was some forty one land minds. He said it after the buzzer. Yeah, but it's having the mental acuteness to say it so quick. And if someone you know draws a blank and Bobby's sitting on.
Speaker 1: The other side of that bracket, you know what time it is one of those guys. And I don't you probably know this more than I do, because I know you, like you're a fan of the show. Him to some guy like recently kind of figure out something about Jeopardy? Did he figure out the buzzer? Did he figure out like go for the different numbers, go for the big numbers first, James, he figured out something, but he was really good at it. So Bobby, I don't think Bobby's figured anything out about I don't think he's cracked a.
Speaker 4: Code here because it found our daily doubles everybody wants.
Speaker 1: But I think that's what it is. Like Rolando says, I'm rooting for Bobby. He's got a bulletproof strategy what lose.
Speaker 3: But that's what Josh Tree said. Josh She says, I'm going for him mainly because That's how.
Speaker 4: I'd play the game.
Speaker 1: It is not a bulletproof strategy, definitely not.
Speaker 3: If you get it.
Speaker 4: If you get the case on the other side, you get a shark someone who just right right.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, there's a ton of like, oh, Patrick stepped on a landmine, Thank you, Eric. Come on, don't pile on this guy. Don't pile on this guy. All right, So there's three games left in the suburb of Summer Sizzler. I love playing this game.
Speaker 7: I really do.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys enjoy listening to it. You know, the the more that they're on, everybody starts picking their favorite and who they're rooting for. Bobby's got a lot of fans out there right now. Thank you to show Federal Credit Union for coming in for a fourth big year giving us six thousand dollars to play the Sizzler. It's it's really it's fun. I don't care. It's fun for me. I like the stupid song. I like singing the song. Somebody please go in and get the video of Alex and I dancing after Bobby one. Normally, I hate when you guys pull clips from the videos of us. You know, the live broadcast that was an absolute pure moment of joy and shock and awe and everything. It wasn't obviously not rehearsed. I didn't think Bobby was gonna win for a second. Please somebody go in and cut the video of us dancing afterwards and celebrating Bobby's victory. I mean, I just couldn't control myself. Done, I couldn't control myself. Okay, so funny A Perfect Circle back up on top, Alex, you better get your Laida Ladels out there. Hinder was number one. Now a Perfect Circle. We've got a good horse race here. The winning song is gonna be played at nine point thirty. I must be talking about what throwback Thursday. So it's a two song race right now between Hinder and a Perfect Circle. So that's fun to watch. That's really fun to watch.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I've got a pair of thirty seconds to Mars pit passes right those are just kind of floating around right now. All you gotta do is subscrub vibe to the Rod Ryan Show YouTube channel. Yeah, we're going that route today, and I need you to just pop in that little chat there, just say what up? That's it. If you just go there's a chat that goes along with us being on You know, we're live on Facebook, but we're alive and we're trying to pump up the YouTube channel, the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel. Subscribe. I guess there's a bell to hit two ding, hit the bell and pop a comment into the chat and then one of you will randomly be selected to be in the pit tonight. Now what you've been waiting for? Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary show tickets. I was just at the Carbock Brewery yesterday talking to the fellas. They are so excited. They are so excited, and they know what a big ticket this is. They know how important it is to everybody to do whatever you can to get in October twelfth, Carbock Brewery, The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime Blue, October, Theory of a Dead Man XCES No on sale. There's no tickets on sale. All tickets will be given out. And have got a pair for you right now. Seven one, three, two, one, two, five, nine four five call her number ten and Houston.
Speaker 13: Rock Houston's Alternatives and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Bus ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: The buzz that's stayed and lowisted me. Good morning rod Ryan's Show, Uli said. Some guys hanging around on the phone. Hey, who is this? It's Brandon.
Speaker 3: How you going?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? I see just sitting on the phone. What are you doing? What are you doing? What are you clogging up that phone line? I'm driving around cleaning pools today.
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Are you you know how many? How many adult movies I've seen that started out that way? At least three? At least three? Okay, uh, your caller number ten.
Speaker 14: You are.
Speaker 1: Invited today. You're You're invited to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. You have secured your tickets branding congratulations you and a guest. You're in Cober twelve, the Cardboard Bru all the great unplugged performances and the beers and track some water in between. Please, but it's gonna be an amazing party, Brandon, you're in. Who are you bringing?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: I am bringing my girlfriend a favorite band, step one, Oh my god? Oh yeah yeah. Jacob Knowle is going to be there and he's doing Sublime songs and he might be bringing we don't know yet because it's it's loose, but he's he's locked in he might be bringing another member of Sublime with him, so if not, it'll be him acoustic. It's gonna be great. I can't wait, Brandon. I'm happy for you. Yeah, dude, it's gonna be stupid. Yeah, yeah, all right, bro, I'm so glad you're in Brandon, thanks for hanging out with us. Yes, sir, You'll have a wonderful day. Thank you, dude, Thank you. Sixty percent chances scattered thunderstorms, high of eighty seven. A couple of people send us the video of Alex and I dancing in the studio after the at the end of the Suburb Summer Sissler, it's so funny. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: It on the X.
Speaker 1: But go to our Facebook page because it says wrong answers only. Why are Alex's in rod dancing? I can only imagine what you guys are gonna come up with. So go to our Facebook page. It's pin to the top. Over to you now one final time. Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about this weekend because it is Labor Day weekend. They're saying it's going to be one of the busiest ever when it comes to travel. According to Triple A, domestic travel during the last holiday weekend of the summer could jump as much as nine percent compared to last Labor Day.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, TSA says they're getting ready.
Speaker 3: Seventeen million people are expected to pass through screening starting today to next Wednesday, eight and a half percent.
Speaker 4: Increase in passengers compared to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: I'm telling my sister, who's listening up there on the line General Motor turned on the app. She worries, I don't know any thoughts.
Speaker 4: She has a bad luck when it comes to her flight.
Speaker 1: She says that about everything. Okay, she's flying, she's flying in tomorrow. It's going to be perfect. She's going to get in on time, her luggage is going to be here, all of that. Sue, don't listen. Okay, it's gonna be fine. Can we flaw It's gonna be fine. Okay, you're gonna be like Bobby in the Sumur of Summer says, We're gonna slide right in here.
Speaker 5: Perfect.
Speaker 4: Can't wait.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about SpaceX because their Falcon nine rockets are being grounded after a first stage booster crash onto a landing barge. There's an FAA investigation underway now to determine what caused the crash. There was a star Link launch early yesterday morning. SpaceX had two star Link launches planned for yesterday.
Speaker 1: There was one in Florida and then one in California.
Speaker 3: So the California launch was called off after the booster rocket in the Florida launch crash landed on a drone ship and then it fell into the Atlantic Ocean. They said, oh, that one didn't go so well, We're gonna go ahead and we're gonna mix the next one. And now again the FAA is investigating.
Speaker 1: Can I get one more plug for that cyber truck for sale on three things you must see?
Speaker 3: You must see the cyber truck for sale at a phenomenal cost.
Speaker 4: I think it's under six grand.
Speaker 1: It is under six thousand dollars. I mean a cyber truck for sale. Things awesome, Go get it, get it.
Speaker 4: I worked really hard on this.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're uh So, there's this couple in Philadelphia and they're clearly very much in love. They were at a park early yesterday morning and they were in the back of their range rover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and things got a little heated.
Speaker 1: Have some fun back there.
Speaker 3: I think so and then the woman is having so much fun that she accidentally hit or kicked.
Speaker 4: The gear shift.
Speaker 1: Oh they are they pinning it on her, That's what the report says. Yeah, yeah, interesting. Okay, So she she.
Speaker 3: Kicks or hits the gear shift, the suv parked right by the water because it's romantic.
Speaker 1: A chick must have some stems on her, huh.
Speaker 4: The suv rolls into the water.
Speaker 3: Now, they made it out and they weren't injured, and we don't know how many clothes they had on, but we do know that they had to call in a dive crew, they had to call in a tow company because this you we ended up submerged in nine feet of water and about fifty feet off shore.
Speaker 5: You just let that car go.
Speaker 3: I think right at that point it's a total loss for me. The Philadelphia River can have it.
Speaker 5: Philadelphias used to trash.
Speaker 4: That's just like adding to it.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: Remember that meme that I said that really bothers me. It says, one time you put down your child and you just never picked him up again.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, one time you kick a gearshift and no.
Speaker 1: One time you're putting on your pants in the back seat. H, that's the last time you had sex in a car. Now twenty five years has passed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well damn, I had.
Speaker 1: No idea that was gonna be the last time.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about something else.
Speaker 12: You like this?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: The old school Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is back.
Speaker 3: Og supermodel Tyra Banks and a rating supermodel Gigi Haddid. They were in this clip on social media and Hadid is like walking to a hotel desk.
Speaker 4: He rings the bell. She's like trying to get the attention.
Speaker 3: The person at the desk is Tyra Banks, and you know they give her a Tyra which is when she used to host like America's Next Top Model, And they're like, see there see at the fashion show. They really acknowledge the fans. They're like, look, we've read your comments, We've heard you. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is back and will reflect who we are today, plus everything you know and love. The glamour which Alex loves, the runway which Alex loves, the wings, the musical entertainment, It's all going to be there for you, Alex.
Speaker 1: I think Tyra's going to sling something on and walk She's not to hosting. I think she's going to be in the I think she's doing the runway again.
Speaker 3: So that's that's on the Looking at Girls blog Page's October fifteenth, New York City. You will have to tune in to find out if Tyra's going to strut her stuff. There's another little pumpkin on the way. Someone call it smashing Pumpkins. Babe Babe. Billy Corgan and his wife Chloe are expecting their third child together. They said it was a surprise, but they announced it in People, So celebrities, they're just like us, that's to them. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can see him in the whole family. Is Billy Corgan People Magazine cover worthy or just people don't care about magazines anymore. It's weird that they're focusing on that family on People magazine? Does my mom? My mom doesn't know who Billy Corgan is? Okay, People Magazine. He's on the cover with the family. It's weird, like he seems to be right there at the bottom end of who would make that.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe they're gonna get a reality show.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I mean he's weirdough. He loves cats and wrestling. He's got a wrestling reality show.
Speaker 4: I think I would watch that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you got over here?
Speaker 5: The Astros gotta win.
Speaker 2: Yesterday they bleot the Phillies tend to nothing to avoid being slept in that series. Spencer Edrighetty took a no hitter into the eighth inning and you're in Alvarez homeward three times in the game for the third time in his career. Tonight, the Astros are going to open up a four game series with the Royals. Hunter Brown is gonna be on the map for this show. Is going up against Kansas City's Grady Singer. First pitches at sevent ten and you can listen to it over our sister station, Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 5: Ninety.
Speaker 2: Week one in the college football season kicks off tonight. Not a ton of marquee games, but it's notable games on the schedule. We got North Carolina playing Minnesota at seven o'clock. Colorado hosts North Dakota State at seven as well, and then Utah takes on Southern Utah at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 8: Sports Houston for Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The buzz, Yeah, ninety four five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. It's breaking Benjamin. Uh, Okay, well, it's our fourth and final hour together. We know that that winning song is coming up at nine thirty. What is it going to be? Right now? Hinder is back in first place, So it's forty six to forty four percent Hinder get stoned. A perfect circle, Judith. I'll give you the breakdown. Eight hundred and forty eight votes. Is Hinder's first place seat eight hundred and seventeen votes a perfect circle in its second place? Breeders are out of it. Breeders are absolutely out of it at this point. So it's gonna be one of those two songs, which, okay, I can't lose. I can't lose, right, Both of those songs are great, And I haven't heard the Hinder song in a long long time. Okay, we've we've played Judith at least, I guess maybe we've put it on when we talk about them. We played it a lot when Josh Freeze was getting the job in the Foo Fighters, because he's the drummer on that song. He was in a perfect circle and five hundred other bands before the Food Fighters scattered thunderstorms about a sixty percent chance hide today of around eighty seven. A bunch of golfers came in yesterday, meaning they signed up. Thank you so much. Tuesday, October fifteenth, Wildcat Golf Club. We had we have eleven teams. We have eleven foursomes left. Okay, that's it. That's it. We just announced this the other day.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Admiral Transfer and Rigging is our title sponsor thanks to Duconcisi. Carbach is in as the official Beard. They solidified that with me last night as I was hanging out with them. Liquid Death Okay. Big Mike came by yesterday said, okay, he's in. He wants in on the twentieth because he wants you guys to drink some of that Liquid Death water in between your beers. Okay, if you don't have a Love Street in your hand, I want to Liquid Death in your hand at the twentieth. The same thing goes for the golf tournament. Okay, So we're gonna start kind of pumping this whole thing, like, let's get some waters in there as well. So with this great partnership with Liquid Death that I just found out about I'm so happy they are the official water sponsor. So we are over halfway sold out of the tournament. So Chili's got that for you. On links and guests, Alex and I are dancing around like a couple of jackasses on our Facebook page. It's very funny. It's wrong answers only what has been said or done to make Rod and Alex dance this way. That's kind of a funny thing. And then early early this morning, I put it up early because you know, just the mere mention of the world word politics. It's like, okay, and we don't do any of that here, but you got to be able to poke fun at both sides too a little bit. The question that we put up today was name a campaign promise that would secure every electoral vote.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see, these these responses are funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean some people took it very serious. And then you know, some people chose violence. It's okay. Legalized weed was big. Okay, Like, whoever says they're going to absolutely legalize weed, boom, they get the vote. Okay, that's the most important thing to do. And again, these are supposed to be lighthearted. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be a joke. Some guy said rod Ryan showed twentyth anniversary party tickets for everybody that person will get voted in. They would immediately win. Okay, if Kamala or Trump said that, vote me in and I will make sure that every one of you gets into the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. Like somebody said that would get their vote. Promising to make all fast food places serve breakfast all day, very clever.
Speaker 4: I hate that, very American.
Speaker 1: I like that. Pledging to bring back original movie ideas, not just remakes and sequels. They have to be creative.
Speaker 4: If you want to be in Hollywood, you have to be creative.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think you just need to remake a movie or reimagine a movie that that turd the crow. Well, that's what I'm saying. The new law would be, you have to be creative. Shoes stay on at all TSA checkpoints. Yes, I'll vote for that person that maybe me take my shoes off, my shoe bomber. How are you animals?
Speaker 4: Then, get PRETSL How are you?
Speaker 1: How are you still showing up to the airport with no socks up? Got me again? Here? I am barefoot? Here, I am barefoot? Got me again? Do you not know you're taking off your shoes?
Speaker 11: Come on?
Speaker 1: The barefoot thing in the airport is freaking me out. Still, it's wild to me. Somebody said, banning those super bright led headlights that blind you at night.
Speaker 4: They would vote for that, good campaign. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Forcing TV shows to have at least twenty two episodes per season again, why, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: How many episodes? And season three of The Bear that's like ten episodes. Ten, it's like around ten. What did the Sopranos average sixteen seventeen?
Speaker 5: No, I think they they were pretty high.
Speaker 1: They were twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they didn'ty had like twenty episodes of the final season.
Speaker 5: They broke it up into two ten parts.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you used to just get like I remember.
Speaker 2: Watching The Office in high school and it was like that was you start the school out, you watch The Office every Thursday, and then you take the Christmas break, then it comes.
Speaker 1: Back, you watch it until yeah, summer. Basically that was a weekly TV show. But like Cobra Kai, I don't know how many Cobra Kai's are in this latest season, but I don't think it's very many. Not enough for you. I don't think it's very many, No, not at all. So okay, well that's just kind of you know, most people are having fun with this thirty thirty hour work week free gas. You imagine somebody was running on free gas like hey, like just some wild guy, like listen, I don't know about any of this other stuff. I don't know how to do any of it, but I'm gonna somehow get you guys gas for free.
Speaker 5: Oh that'd be sick.
Speaker 1: I mean you'd hang in there for a while, right with that. That one guy wanted to give away ten grand everybody, right, who would you do? Oh my gosh, I'd get rid of pulp and orange juice. I'm not entirely Yeah, I would. I would make pulpy legal.
Speaker 5: I don't hate pulp, but I hate anybody that doesn't like pulp. So I don't have pulp at my house now.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm okay not having pulp, but I like it.
Speaker 16: You're not.
Speaker 2: You were a better before, like crunchy peanut butter. I like crunchy peanut butter, but we don't have crunchy peanut butter in my house. Because my wife doesn't like crunching.
Speaker 1: It's interesting how those two things are related. Pulp and it's like extra stuff in your stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like you don't like flavor.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want to picked off her? Does she not get sprinkles on a candy on an ice cream? I don't know.
Speaker 5: We don't go get ice cream with that, dude.
Speaker 1: Field test that one. Okay, see if she calls maybe a good time, get her ice cream and state and offer sprinkles and see if she turns it down and she just doesn't like that extra stuff.
Speaker 5: She did work in an ice cream place for a long time, so I don't like ice cream toppings.
Speaker 1: Kind of burn her out of bed. All right, well that's enough, okay, Rod Roye Show talking politics. No we're not, No, no, we're not. We nailed it, Chili. I want to ask him something. You say that email from the guy that won pit tickets?
Speaker 7: I automatically deleted emails from you.
Speaker 1: Why why do you do that?
Speaker 7: It's making my day miserable?
Speaker 5: Why are you making Chang's day mission that the guy that.
Speaker 1: Won pit tickets to thirty seconds to mars uh huh said that his wife has to work tonight. She is his concert queen. He can't go without her. He doesn't, not that he can't, he worded it specifically, he doesn't want to go without her. She's got something with school that I got school like open house today too, so she must be a teacher or something. He can't go. He's like, I got to give the tickets back to you.
Speaker 7: It's like, that's the grounds for divorce.
Speaker 1: Bro, bro, let's go with this is good news, not for me? An why it's pulling one extra person's name from the people that are subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Speaker 6: Now the paperwork's already been submitted, So now I have to go to Skinner, which he's the happiest person in this whole building, So tell him, Hey, that winner for the tickets, right right? Can you cancel everything and create another winning field now so I can put this other person's infoe in?
Speaker 1: Are we still using I mean, I don't know if you're even old school is paper and a pen or you're doing this on a computer. But computer, you make it sound like you have already carved his name into a stone tablet already submitted, and this.
Speaker 4: Tablet submitted to sin that might as well be the ten commitments, all that.
Speaker 1: Work that I put into putting his name into that stone tablet.
Speaker 3: But I've always wondered about the people who call when we say, hey, the show's tonight.
Speaker 1: He can go, he can go. He just found out that his wife can't give the tickets to want this man caught away. No can't go, like, don't put your like we just.
Speaker 3: Did you a solid and give you tickets, and now you created a problem.
Speaker 4: Like that's weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm the only one that's gonna look at it.
Speaker 4: You're the only nice one.
Speaker 1: Here's why I'm looking at this now. Those of you that want to win online, I need you to subscribe to our YouTube channel. I need you to ding that bell. That's just we threw that in there, and I need and I need you to pop into the chat and just as simple as saying what up now, two people that do that, we have increased your chances. And it's a good thing. Don't listen to these naysayers around me. This is a great thing. Two people will win tickets to the pit for thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: To Mars And don't worry if you can't go, because.
Speaker 1: We'll that for you. So that's at the end of the show. Also on Know the Show pit tickets to Falling in Reverse. Okay, so we'll maybe your name will be carved into that tablet right now a chance at one thousand dollars in the iHeartRadio Music Festival Come Home ninety four or five the Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show. Okay, pit pass review, I'm giving away a pair on Know the Show to go see Falling in Reverse tomorrow night Woodland's Pavilion tonight thirty seconds the Mars is playing. And now we have two opportunities two of you before we get out of here. Subscribing to the Rob Ryan Show YouTube channel and dropping uh something in the chat, Like there's a chat area right there, I'm looking, I'm looking at it. You can just boom boom boom boom. Hehi, guys, what's.
Speaker 5: Ours in the chat? Drop ours in the chat?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 5: That's what all this streamers said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drop ours?
Speaker 5: You say like f's in the chat? Usually yeah it's bad, but you drop ours in the chat?
Speaker 1: Drop ours?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Drop ours in the chat? Are You don't have to I'm not telling you what to say. You don't have to know any particular hashtag or anything. You just drop in the chat. We see that you subscribe, and we saw that you were in the chat this morning. Two of you before we leave today, two of you will be going to thirty seconds to Mars tonight in the pit. All right, Alis Tomline the Kid's flicks online nine five.
Speaker 5: Have you entered the chat I'm looking at there's lots of ours.
Speaker 1: The people are dropping ours. Okay. Good.
Speaker 5: Also to subscribe to pass Gavy too. While you're at it, while you're out, you're at it, you're there anyways.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: What you got today's AOL is called Colliding Scopes, and you will be able to turn any photograph into a kaleidoscope image, and you can control how fast it spins and how much it spins and how blurry it looks. I use this week's cover photo from Past the Gravy episode five eighty. It is us recreating the oasis be here now with the rolls Royce in the pool.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's just an kaleidoscope. It's pretty cool. You can move your mouse and it moves faster. Yeah yeah, good, go go.
Speaker 2: Put anything into a kaleidoscope and it looks really trippy.
Speaker 5: Check it out. The World Finish, Rod Ryan Show pages, the Buz Dot.
Speaker 14: Cool first.
Speaker 1: Five to the Bus twenty four five, The Buzz Shine Down and Dead Don't Die brod Ryan Show with this Throwback Thursday. Probably should have played the song there, but that's okay. A lot of a lot of couple more a couple of extra boats to come in. Boy, I'll tell you what it was. It was fun. I will see what the wizard says. This is. There is a big numbers man. Twenty six hundred votes. The Breeders cannonball in Okay, they fell to the wayside. It really became a two horse race and a perfect circle came out early this morning. They were leading all morning. We did song clips. People said, oh, I forgot about that Hinder song, and then Hinder jumped up and they were going back and forth. It was a great horse race today on Throwback Thursday. So I appreciate you guys voting, but closing it out one final time forty two percent of the vote. Hinder get stoned forty nine percent of the vote. A perfect circle. Judith for the wind, Baby Mom, it's so bad Thursday. Whatever the hell, here's your Throwback Thursday winner. On ninety four five, The.
Speaker 10: Bu such inspiration for the won.
Speaker 5: I will not shoot to be.
Speaker 13: So man.
Speaker 10: No, it's for me to show you how.
Speaker 1: You're saying to have abandon not your right.
Speaker 14: You you never try, never start a question, You'll someone.
Speaker 1: Prowly will never se you know so sure you don't have them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: He's the one.
Speaker 1: You shall some one, my sar.
Speaker 5: Is it a class?
Speaker 1: Okay? Ninety four or five? The Buzz for my money, that's the best song from a perfect circle. It's called Judith. The problem with that song is at Maynard. It's so personal, it's about his mom, and he just chose not to play it for a number of years. This last time APC came through town, they played it. I didn't go see them. I've seen them before. I've never seen that song performed live. I've talked about the video. I've talked about Josh True Freeze on drums and the bass player, how amazing it is, and all of that. The last time they came through, I remember getting a bunch of emails saying, Rod, they played your song. Josh Freese also was on a couple of those. He had some time off from the Foo Fighters and he popped on stage and played with them for a couple of shows. Josh Freese has always said that's his favorite, a perfect circle song to play while he was in the band. But it's a deeply personal song. I think most people know the story by now. Judith Marie. It was Maynard's mom and I think she got hit with a stroke when Maynard was young, and that song is written about her, how she maintained her faith in God. And there's another song called ten thousand Days that's also about his mom. That's how long she lived with that affliction she was paralyzed. I think I'm a portion of her body. So great song, Great job voting everybody, Thank you for getting after it on the world famous rod Ryans showpage at the buzz dot com. I couldn't help it laugh. Alex got me to go look at the chat on the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel and people are dropping ours. Yeah, they're dropping ours everywhere. You must comment in the chat and you must subscribe to the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel. You must do that in the next ten minutes. If you want one of two pair of pit passes to the thirty seconds of Mars Show tonight, do you have. I know it's late did I send you the hot to a girl? Yes? This morning? Have you have you seen her new catchphrase? She's trying to capture like lightning in a bottle?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Howk to a girl? Haley Welch, she's the hot to a girl? She was interviewed. I think Whitney Cummings maybe she had her on. She's still doing podcasts and stuff. We Yeah, she threw out a first pitch a couple of weeks ago, and Whitney was quite taken back on how point on this new catchphrase is, so it's kind of caught on. It's not blowing up like the hawktua, but this has been blowing up currently on TikTok. This is Haley Welch. Has she done it again? This is your piece of advice for me that I've given to Chelsea. Okay, she'll tell me about this guy, and I mean, you just got to give it to her straight rather she wants to hear her not.
Speaker 4: What is good for the hull is not always good for the soul.
Speaker 5: You remember that. That's very good advice.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the shirts.
Speaker 1: Is that not the best advice you've ever heard? I don't know that it's I don't know if it's definitely another advice, that it's probably better it's advice. But I don't know that's the best advice I've ever heard. But Hawk Tool Girl still hanging in there. She's a philosopher, she's headlining, and that clip is headlining me looking at girls blog PAGs today. All right, all right, Chili, he's mad, so he's working on that YouTube stuff. We still have tickets to give away on the air.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, we absolutely do give away tickets on this radio show. Still like where you call in.
Speaker 3: We've got some pit tickets to see Falling in Reverse this Friday.
Speaker 4: That's tomorrow at Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, Tessa's no the show. A question is coming your way after.
Speaker 2: These Easton's Rocking Alternative, The Rod Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. All Right, let's go. Let's go. La La la la la la la la la la la la la la given away. Oh, I have a pair of pit tickets to see Falling in Reverse. Okay, shows tomorrow night Woodland's Pavilion. You down for that. What's your question?
Speaker 4: What is TSA think is a liquid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are struggling with this. It hurt me, Yeah, it was. It was a struggle On the show today, I wasn't that blown away by it. Seven one three two one two five five He's no rod Ryan Show day week on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. If you look at the music blog page today, you're learning that Weezer are big Oasis fans. When Weezer and Oasis made the announcement that they were getting back together, on the official Weezer account, they did a screen cap of Once upon a Time somebody asking Liam Gallagher, Hey, do you like Weezer, and Liam responded yeah. They posted that on the day that Oasis said they're getting back together. Clearly, if you get the endorsement from one of those krusty krusty mofos, you're having a pretty good day. Yeah, okay, because that's great. They have been rude to everybody, including Dave Grohl who asked them to get back together. They told Dave Groll to f off, like, we'll get together maybe never, you know, I mean, they don't. It doesn't matter who it is. Those guys are just mean to them. Blanke wuin eighty two has a really good story. You should go look that up about one of the Oasis guys coming in and just kind of giving them a backhanded compliment and they're like, oh my god, we kind of got a compliment from a guy from one of the Gallagher brothers. Yeah, if they're not completely trashing you, that's then you had. Then you've had a good interaction with them. All right, Well, good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Everybody. Chilie, I'm coming to you for two names and all that bitching. I saw the email. It's like, oh, okay, no big deal. We just scratched that of a guy and then just take another winner. Yes, Chili made it'sund like there was this massive.
Speaker 4: Noia after the Mountain deal.
Speaker 1: Chili made it sound like there was this massive chain of like things that reaction that had to happen to get that. To give away an extra pair of thirty seconds to Mars tickets, we'll do that in a second. Okay, we'll do that, and then we'll move on and start talking about what we're gonna do tomorrow. And then we gotta go sixty percent chances scattered with thunderstorms high eighty seventh to day. Come on face now, time for yeah no this show on ninety four five the buzz. All right, La la la la la la, la la la la Angela, good morning, Good morning. Ye how are you?
Speaker 3: I am a little nervous, but I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I have a question before Tesla's question. Go ah, I'm giving I'm giving away a pair of tickets. You have to be able to go because I don't want to I don't want to bring this to Chili again. You have to be able to go tomorrow night to the concert to the Woodlands. And these are pit tickets, so they're very valuable. So if if you win, do I got the right person on the phone. Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I love Ronnie Radkey.
Speaker 1: Okay, me too. Do you need to call your concert queen to see if they're ready to go with you, because that's what happened here. Okay, You'll find someone to go with you, right, yes, Okay, Now let's get the tickets to you. We've got the right person here, Tessa. What's your question?
Speaker 4: Hey, can you tell me what TSA thinks is a liquid.
Speaker 3: Peanut butter?
Speaker 1: Can you believe that? Is that the right answer?
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's correct.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Karret, let me burden you with these tickets. They're in the pit falling in reverse.
Speaker 5: You know the show.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Angela, thank you, congratulations. Have fun in the pit.
Speaker 3: I will see and I'm going to send that selfie Pike too.
Speaker 1: Oh. This is what makes me feel real good about it. I didn't bring it up. She brought it up. She knows. One of the rules on this show. You win pit passes, you take a picture with tattooey behind you. The lead singer. You take a picture of him over your shoulder. Okay, and then we'll post that on Monday. Yeah, okay, all right, we got the right one. Angela, way to go today.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is falling in reverse. It could be a little agro in that pit. It could be a little aggressive.
Speaker 4: I've heard.
Speaker 1: Hi Chili.
Speaker 7: Friend off, no friend on.
Speaker 1: And think about you're gonna make another listener so happy.
Speaker 7: I'm questioning our friendship.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you sweep that under the carpet like that. Two people are getting the opportunity of a lifetime to be in the pit for thirty seconds to mars tonight. Do you have two names?
Speaker 7: You know what you are the nicest guy in radio Rod, I'll give you that. Uh name.
Speaker 6: Number one is Chris Silva okay in the comments and said are are My birthday is tomorrow? Okay, so we want to send them today. The second person to win is just Joe. All right, he just wrote hello and they're.
Speaker 1: New subscribers to the rod ryanshw YouTube channel.
Speaker 6: Bag been subscribers, okay, subscribers, So I pick one of each. And the cool thing about Just Joe he's like a makeup artist like for like uh for like uh, I gotta say, like, oh, he's not the guy that like, you know, stuff like that, Yeah, for movies and stuff.
Speaker 7: Makeup artists like that for movie sets and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So is he going in makeup?
Speaker 7: I don't know. But he had a cool zombie picture on there, so I was like, oha, I did have a.
Speaker 1: Guy that dresses up as Jared Letto. He said he would go if I gave him tickets, he would dress up as the Joker, but the Jared Leto Joker right right? All right, guys, that's it man. We gotta go. We gotta got Angela's gonna be in the pit for this.
Speaker 4: She better wear her close toes.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, it's gonna be wild in the pit. I have one more pair of pit passes tomorrow on the show to see falling in reverse. Okay, now, Cody. He continued to dominate Fresh out of mad Head two head challenge. He beat Hello Jerry two questions to answers on a three time Hall of Famer. That was huge. Can you make it win? Number four? We're gonna find out Fix the Graham is local. We were so busy today, but Fix was great today. It was it was our number one link read my lips words submitters, Alex went the game. That means that you guys sent in terrible words? Am I right on that?
Speaker 5: Pessa absolutely checks out.
Speaker 1: Throwback Thursday voters, Man, I don't know. It looked like a record setting day and votes Radio Wizard to let me know after the show. Suburb Summer Sizzler was so much fun. Was so much fun. And then and then we've got now the viral dance video that is up on all of our socials, and I just couldn't help myself. I was so overcome with Bobby, and even Alex got caught up in it. We were just dancing around, celebrating Bobby tripping his way up the ladder and getting it and sliding into the final four. No business being in there at all, winning cash, winning tickets to the twentieth anniversary party. So much fun. We've got three suburb Summer Sizzler games left. Okay Tomorrow, Seabrook takes on Rosenberg at a twenty free beer Friday Tomorrow, Open Phones Friday, the last hour of the show, Big Jeremy Benson's up next. There's a brand new Past the Gravy podcast up right, Yeah, okay, would you guys get into Oh.
Speaker 5: We talked about Oasis getting back together, and.
Speaker 2: We had to educate young Robert on Oasis since he didn't really know much about them.
Speaker 5: We talked about college football, what Rainbows tastes like? We did Robert Feline's.
Speaker 2: If you don't know what that is, go check it out because it's definitely worth checking out. But yeah, pretty solid podcasts available wherever you listen to.
Speaker 1: Podcast at rod Ryan Show on All Socials, test Us on Houston Life Today at one o'clock. All right, Big Jeremy Benson, come on in here and do your thing the way that you only you can do it. Guys, have an awesome Thursday. Okay, have a great time at that thirty seconds the Mars Show tonight, and then we're gonna do all of this all again tomorrow. We're gonna jump around even more. Okay, we're on a twenty hour break. AMF. Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 6: Check it out on the world famous ron ryanshowpage at the buzz dot com.