Speaker 1: One on one point three KTWD with Balan and Cold Welcome Back.
Speaker 2: What's up this mother?
Speaker 1: He goes on vacation all last week he's gone and has the audacity to text me yesterday and say, hey.
Speaker 3: You got any dates in August?
Speaker 4: I'm looking for my next I.
Speaker 3: Know, I know, bro, you come back to work and you're already planning your neck vaca, which.
Speaker 4: I do the same thing.
Speaker 3: But I was appalled. I'm like, oh, we at the grocery.
Speaker 5: When I was on vacation. I actually in Orlando. I ran into somebody who listens to our show, Humble Bragg. That's crazy, and they were like, dude, you're so good, awesome, handsome, you look tanned, perfect, and I was like.
Speaker 1: You're lying, you look so pale stone we're in Florida at all.
Speaker 5: Mutually we were like, dude, one week is long enough. You almost need ten days. And if you're gonna do ten days, you almost need two weeks.
Speaker 3: Massage sixty minutes just almost isn't enough. You almost you all won'st need ninety minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw you were getting worked out by a machine.
Speaker 3: Listen. You know it was the future. You know I was gonna get worked out by a machine. At some point you.
Speaker 5: Had the mechanical rubbing all over your body? How was that the first time?
Speaker 3: Not the last? It was you know, it was fun?
Speaker 2: What about I saw you you were talking about this.
Speaker 3: Why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: You're the one that went on vacation and you're asking me questions? Did anything exciting happen on your trip?
Speaker 2: I got mugged, That's true story. It was crazy after dinner one night.
Speaker 3: No, wait, save it.
Speaker 1: We should actually talk about that at like three o'clock. Okay, we'll do that three because you need more time to talk about it.
Speaker 5: I had to hide in a place I don't want to. I never thought I would cry in this the thing I hid in.
Speaker 4: I ope it's a trash can.
Speaker 2: Well we'll find that spoiler.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I did see Sinners this weekend, and I think you should go see it because you love vampires just like I do. It's not Twilight vibes. Do you have questions for me about this movie? Because I think a lot of people I went to this. Let me start by saying this, it is continuously like outperforming every other movie ever. As Michael B. Jordan, he plays two characters. Hailey Steinfeld is in it. And I went into this movie having no idea what it was about, other than I had heard there were vampires at some point in it.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's the Irish, right, the Irish are fighting.
Speaker 2: This is when I heard the Iris are fighting. No, like, we gotta get them, We've gotta bite these.
Speaker 3: I don't know. There's an offensive Irish accent.
Speaker 5: There's some sort of music that transcends them into the vampire land or something. I don't know from what I heard, though, awesome, Okay, whatever you just heard from.
Speaker 2: Called the Irish.
Speaker 5: You're trying to steal music from Michael B. Jordan there, Wow, somebody gets us violin. No, the Devil went down in Georgia.
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna go there, You're so obvious. No, but I will tell you this. The first thirty or forty minutes, I lean over to Jacob One and I go, I don't.
Speaker 3: I still don't know where this is going. So the Michael B. Jordan plays two guys.
Speaker 1: They're like twins, Smoke and Stack cool cool, sick names, and they're like trying to open up this club basically. But it's like in the thirties, right, So it's not called.
Speaker 2: The club yeah in Louisiana. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so they're gathering all their people and stuff to like get it all set. And the beginning is like music can, like if you're a really talented musician, it can bring out the devil blah blah blah. And then spoiler, I was like, what's going on? Forty minutes in and then they get to the club and it gets dark, and that's when everything just goes awesome crazy. The music's crazy, okay, vampires or vampire and it's so.
Speaker 3: Jake and I was like, oh my god. We couldn't stop talking about it. We loved it. So I highly recommend. Just know there are two post credit.
Speaker 1: Scenes, so stay after because Jake and I got up and everyone else is still sitting. I was like, I bet there are scenes. He's like, I gotta pee find them on TikTok.
Speaker 5: Now, listen, you can buy all the popcorn you want as you watch that movie with a.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars trying to get to you in ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Come out.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: You want that money, You want that cash just to hold it over someone else's head or just to sneak it, maybe even trying to get enough money to get out of the living situation you're in.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe you want to go like camping. Oh it's this summer or something like going north.
Speaker 3: I don't know why not?
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Let me put you through a series of questions, a little quiz for what for like a Florida, What I did, what I did in Florida?
Speaker 3: What I like, what I would do?
Speaker 2: No, what I did. I'm gonna run you through it. Here you go.
Speaker 5: Just for instance, what sea animal did my daughters refer to me as in the pool? Now, think about it. They could have gone with dolphin, whale, manatee.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Now, normally you know what is known as the sea cow.
Speaker 5: Normally, when you're like, hey, jump on my back, I'll swim across the pool, they're like, you're a dolphin.
Speaker 2: It's a dolphin.
Speaker 1: Rode well, impressive that they know many aquatic animals.
Speaker 3: They're very smart. Right, Yes, it helps you feel better.
Speaker 2: Maybe not where did I get a rash?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: I would guess you're back because you can't reach it.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's a great My feet, dude, my crocs are turning on me.
Speaker 3: They're not crocs.
Speaker 1: You bought an off brandish shoe on Amazon, and you keep particulately their crocks but then complain there isn't enough rubber because they aren't. So what did you think was gonna happen?
Speaker 2: I went sockless. Then it was like sweaty and then I looked down. I just had just.
Speaker 5: Wrap so gross and to sock up. The rest of the trip was not fun.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 5: Being on the beach with the socks you did not, and he was went into the water you did, like you know, it's I'll give your insecurity. Were are your shirt and the water? Which ours did? But yeah, I socked up in the ocean. It was cool, dude. Now what did my daughter say? You know what I'm as I'm reading this, I'm realized that you're not going to know the answer to any of these.
Speaker 3: Your kids just bullied you.
Speaker 2: What did my daughter say to the ice cream Scooper.
Speaker 3: Dad hates to see you coming. Sorry.
Speaker 5: She said, why is your hair like that? And then she's like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: She's like dirty? Oh wait, she's done this once before.
Speaker 8: John.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you gotta stop telling people that their hair is dirty.
Speaker 1: You pause, Yes, who calls a person an ice cream Scooper are up?
Speaker 4: You were dying about the axel? You tinsel except something that use tnsel.
Speaker 1: I mean I just called the ice cream man or woman. I don't think I would say that ice cream Scooper.
Speaker 5: You just don't even know how things work. You're not open minded at all.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're the closed minded one.
Speaker 5: True or false? Yeah, it is all my kids roast me. My daughter called me out from my flatulets on the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which disgusted.
Speaker 9: It wasn't even me, by the way, famous famous.
Speaker 5: She never wears headphones except like while we're flying, and then she thinks she has to scream, so she's like you.
Speaker 2: Bart, No, I didn't give it down like eight.
Speaker 4: Why she just smelled farts.
Speaker 2: I yeah. And then every twenty minutes you'd be like snack whatever, alright. It was cool. Yeah, So that's me.
Speaker 5: That's summarized my vacation, just getting roasted.
Speaker 3: Ye, you're so gross.
Speaker 2: Bocks in the ocean, so.
Speaker 3: Gro It's the pop Culture Minute with Selling.
Speaker 2: And Cult on one on one point three kd WB.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lenz. Check this out.
Speaker 1: Beyonce's not used to missing a step but with Cowboy Carter tour, tickets are struggling to sell. Yeah, so I guess her tour kicks off tonight at La LA's Sofi Stadium and there are still more than thirty eight hundred tickets up for grabs and resale prices have even dropped to twenty dollars, which is pretty wild considering it's Beyonce we're talking about. Is she literally snagged album of the Year. I guess she seemed a little oblivious over the ticket sales, dropping an Instagram teaser Sunday showing off the venue with the caption she coming, but someone needs to This is like the joke they're making. Someone needs to give her a heads up that no one coming. That's not true. Obviously people are coming so far. It's a very large venue. But it's interesting because I heard that, and I heard like, so she dropped the tickets. They were crazy expensive, so they didn't sell out, and then they were like, oh, we need to drop the tickets. And then the original people are like, what the hell we paid this crazy amount of money.
Speaker 3: Now you're dropping on like that. You can't do that.
Speaker 5: People just assume because Taylor Swift is getting like two thousand dollars per ticket, that that would be everybody would be okay with paying that, but that's that's not the well.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: And also Taylor was unique because she hadn't toured in a while. She like because she didn't even tour for the Lover album because of COVID, and she'd have like five albums come out, not that many but close to since she had toured, so there was excitement around that. She was basically doing a bust of tour, so you knew you were getting every huge thing, so she could charge more than like the average. Beyonce is good about going on tour for every album, so he just saw a renaissance.
Speaker 5: Everybody thought the win she got kind of was manufactured a little bit too.
Speaker 2: So it's my conspiracies. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Can speaking of speaking can speaking? I said, can speaking of Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 1: Travis Kelsey has unfollowed Ryan Reynolds on Instagram And you might be like, oh, that's so high school, Well yeah it is, but also why did he unfollow him? Ryan still follows Travis, And my question was because Travis, I don't think he even follows Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: And so I was like, did he.
Speaker 1: Ever follow Ryan Reynolds, and you, being the detective sleuth you are, you were like, yeah, he used to.
Speaker 2: He used to.
Speaker 5: I know exactly what's happening. They at parties. Ryan is like, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Blake's kind of like been a lot lately. She's kind of a little too much. Wow.
Speaker 5: I think what I want to do is position myself to team up be with Taylor Swift. He's trying to steal Taylor from Killer Trap, and that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Likely, Okay, that.
Speaker 1: Is not at all what's happening. I'd like to be clear that I do not stand in that. But thank you, Carl, You're welcome. Travis Scott's Coachella set and I looked at you know, the headline says Travis Scott's lit Coachella set.
Speaker 3: But I refuse not saying it.
Speaker 1: Cost the festival twenty thousand dollars because it ran late.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, yeah that's a lot. But maybe you know, I bet fans.
Speaker 1: Were happy though probably get a little extra. Didn't cost them any extra, although I would be mad at like, okay, can we wrap I'm tired?
Speaker 3: You wrap it up? A little bit.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: I did go see Sinners this weekend, as we chatted about earlier. Definitely recommend seeing it, but it topped box office again and actually delivered one of the smallest revenue dropped in history. It earned forty eight million in his debut weekend and then this weekend only six percent less with forty five millions. I think it's because the you know, the words getting out, people are liking it.
Speaker 5: Talk about I didn't really see like too much like build up to it, so it kind of just like dropped.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But you know what's also crazy.
Speaker 1: I was watching an interview with the creator, the writer and director Ryan Coogler and and he made a deal. Did you see this with Warner Brothers. No, he gets like basically a fraction from every ticket sale.
Speaker 3: And this is extra crazy.
Speaker 1: In like twenty five years, he owns the movie, which like never happens that crazy. Yeah, so he's the do the math, you know how much money he is earned by getting a percentage of every ticket.
Speaker 3: Sale when again, remind let me remind you.
Speaker 1: First weekend forty eight million, second weekend forty five million.
Speaker 3: That is good for him. Wow, crazy, that's what happened.
Speaker 5: To Kevin Hart, how do you say Jumanji Jamanji Jimanji Jamani when he was on Jumani.
Speaker 4: They're like, no, this was a confusing thing.
Speaker 3: You you had a right the very first time he Jumanji Jamanji.
Speaker 5: You do this is gonna flop, Like, I don't know if we can give you twenty million dollars and he was like, all right, well, don't give me anything, and then paying me on the back end and then it made like eighty million from because it was just like you got the percentage thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's like a lot of the times, like if like a person has taken over as like CEO or president of a company or something. It's like a new startup company and they'll bring you in like we can't give you like a crazy salary necessarily and the personal if they're smart, they'm like, okay, I want like a percentage of the company.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, Rich, Rich, Yeah, that's never I'm still.
Speaker 4: Waiting for that.
Speaker 1: Did you say it never happens to you when if you got into a business to be a CEO or president of the company.
Speaker 2: I started so good. I'm so bad in negotiations where I'm just like oh oh, you'll give me that. Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I know you're bad at negotiations. When you got this job, you didn't look at your contract. You signed it from a U haul. You already rented a house here before you even had a contract for the job.
Speaker 3: I know you're bad in negotiations.
Speaker 2: Say anything came through this point.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's happening. I'm getting a little coffees here.
Speaker 2: I have that effect.
Speaker 1: That is your pop culture minute. It's brought to you by Ova Lesigan Lenz. Real exciting because Cold is back for a round of anyone listening who we haven't done it in a minute. We give you three categories. If you fall into one of those, you give us a call. We have a little chit chat about it, and it's coming up in about five minutes.
Speaker 3: Katiew B one one point three KATIEWB.
Speaker 1: With Fallon and Cult's trying to convince me that my dark chocolate covered pistachios are healthy.
Speaker 3: So it's fine of it.
Speaker 5: Eat the entire bag, dude, you never know what a little pistash attack it's going to pop up.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you go crazy.
Speaker 1: That is not a phrase anyone has ever used a pistash attack, but I think I might use it more often.
Speaker 3: Got this text.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys will read this, but I love the show and hope you and Fallon and even the manatee get home safe.
Speaker 5: She just talking about me. An, It's so true, dude. I even have crusty stuff on my back. Probably, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wasn't joking earlier when I said that you can't reach your back, there's no chick some of it would be honest. Do you think the center of your back has ever been washed?
Speaker 2: The wall hits it. I have the jet power on. It's good. It's Joe relaxed.
Speaker 1: I mentioned that I don't think I've ever washed mine, and my mom was so repulsive and work she actually listened to me, I guess on the radio that day. She bought me one of those like where it has a rope on eachin so I can sweezee my back. She's like you, a person shouldn't go not clean and there to watch out. Now she's gonna hear this and buy you one for Christmas.
Speaker 9: Probably you can wash wants us hell, that's disgusting the image of my mom's funge bathing your back is something I cannot get rid of.
Speaker 3: It's awful.
Speaker 1: Anyone listening who works with someone disgusting, that's not one of them, but I'm adding it if you were with some disgusting like Cult, you can call anyone listening who has a crazy age. One time, this girl I know, she was like, I want to She wanted to paint her house the same color as someone in her neighborhood.
Speaker 3: She loved the color. She found it a color turned it into hoa.
Speaker 1: They had a rule you cannot have the same color as someone else in your household. So she literally went to like a Sherwin Williams or whatever, got a paint match so it doesn't have the same name.
Speaker 3: Turned it in and they approved it.
Speaker 1: Like, how ridiculous is that We're going through that because we're getting a new deck and you we have to submit anything.
Speaker 3: Big to the exterior of our house. We had to submit it to the HOA.
Speaker 1: We did get it approved, so that's exciting, but still some hoas are crazy.
Speaker 3: Anyone listening who.
Speaker 1: Had a DIY project go horribly wrong? Cult, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Dude, you hammered a hole into your shower, How did you forget. He was by the way mounting a.
Speaker 5: TV and I screwed a giant screw through the batheb tire Shet, Yeah, not just one three of them.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize what was going on till I took a shower that night.
Speaker 3: Your wife bought you over the.
Speaker 2: Screw, pervert?
Speaker 3: Have you been in those categories?
Speaker 1: It was a called six five, one, nine, eight nine KTWB. Anyone listening who works with has a disgusting co worker.
Speaker 4: Has a crazy hoa?
Speaker 3: How did a DIY project go horribly wrong?
Speaker 2: Some of those has though?
Speaker 5: Is there a way around it where you can be like, I'm religious, Like, there's got to be some sort of loophole, you know what.
Speaker 1: Jake, he was just being so ridiculous during this when we were waiting to hear if we got to.
Speaker 3: Prove, He's like, what are they going to do? I'm getting the death, it's already scheduled. If they say no, what are they going to make me move out?
Speaker 2: He was like so rast and I'm like, close your house?
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: They could take it over.
Speaker 3: No one on one point three KTWB with ballant and cold.
Speaker 1: Anyone listening who has a disgusting co worker has a crazy HOA or had a DIY project.
Speaker 3: Go hor whle. We got this text.
Speaker 1: We had to take down a shed that we built because of our HOA, but the neighbors have chickens and they won't.
Speaker 3: Do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Dang it.
Speaker 1: This text says, my HOA, find my ass for leaving my garage door open because it's quote unquote unsightly.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will.
Speaker 5: Actually, if your garage is a mess, I kind of agree with that can be on sightly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm just saying this text, diahy gott wrong. My husband screwed his finger into our shed wall this weekend when hanging up his sign. He was out there by himself, so he was scared. He was going to drop the drill which was attached to his finger at this point, and he.
Speaker 3: Had to pull the drill in reverse. Speaking of this screw out, he was also on a ladder. Oh that's brutal. Yeah, we have some calls also, So what category do you fall into?
Speaker 7: It's not me, it's my girlfriend, but she's too embarrassed to call in about it. Okay, she's not an extreme HOA. I guess you would say. They told her that she needs to put in two twenty foot trees in her yard or they're going to give her a fifty thousand dollars fine for violating her AGOA.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, why does she need these trees? Like, what is the rule about?
Speaker 7: Why it's not just her that needs these trees. There's a few other people in her community that also needs to have these trees. But everybody is supposed to have at least two twenty foot trees in their yard, and she doesn't have any trees that are twenty feet.
Speaker 2: Is this just like a new rule or like did she take the trees out?
Speaker 7: She never had trees make it up rules when she moved in, But now they have said that everybody needs at least two very mature trees.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just googled it.
Speaker 1: It says a twenty foot tree can cost anywhere from twenty five hundred to five thousand dollars, depending on the species and whether or not you're including installation costs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, otherwise they're.
Speaker 7: Going to give her a fifty thousand dollars fine if she does not abide by it.
Speaker 2: That's in say, it just seems like how is that even dude? Dude, dude, I was like.
Speaker 10: It's so worth it to get the trees, man, Just to get the tree, I'm going at this point, you got to find the head of the HOA, find their children, get some sort of nert on the family, dig up some sort of like think in the past and blackmail and extort them.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do.
Speaker 3: No, he wouldn't. That is way too much work.
Speaker 2: Just move Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well I'm glad my hoa. Isn't that crazy? I go back for your friend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's kind of a crappy situation, but.
Speaker 3: The trees are cheaper.
Speaker 1: P two A.
Speaker 7: You gotta expect things to arise at some point in.
Speaker 2: Time, I guess.
Speaker 3: So wow. Well thanks for calling and sharing on her behalf since she was a little scared.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you do if this world this world man one.
Speaker 1: To one point three, Katie, that if you be with Fallon and Colt. Yes, in the flesh, Colt.
Speaker 2: Is here what I got mugged in Florida.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I say a lot of dramatic things that turn out to not be dramatic percent of the time on KATWB, but this was an experience. I actually I thought about this for like ever since it happened, actually, and it gave me the night it happened. I like woke up and I was like clearing the house making sure he wasn't in the house. Dude, I never thought I would cry in this specific location where I was hiding.
Speaker 2: From this man.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna laugh because this is a serious situation.
Speaker 1: Obviously, you're okay, I'm okay. I cannot wait to hear this story. Yeah, okay, here what happened when Colt got mugged?
Speaker 5: In five minutes, I went to dinner in Florida, I got mugged. Okay, here's a story. It's one of one point three kW with fountain colds.
Speaker 1: This is my first time hearing this, and you only casually dropped it to me today, which I think is weird. When I texted you yesterday saying how was Florida, that this would be the first thing you bring up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got the full immersive experience. I'll tell you that Florida.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we left the kids at the airbnb with the grandparents. We walk over to a restaurant, maybe like a mile away from the airbnb, sit down, have a couple of drinks whatever, pay the tab. We're walking out I clocked him as soon as I looked up. He was coming around the corner. Now, to get back to the air Andbnb, you have to kind of walk out of town and then it's super desolate, a lot of dead end roads. It's kind of like a maze that leads to nowhere.
Speaker 3: Oh that's spooky.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: So I see this guy coming around the corner. I'm like, oh, that looks like a Florida guy. So I'm like, Jen, hold up, wait a second. She's four house winds deep at this point. So I'm like, she's like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 3: Good number one. I don't know why I had to call out, but it was house wines. They were like, poor shamer.
Speaker 2: They were like, we proudly serve yellow tails or house wine. I'm like, Jesus deep. So I'm like, okay, we probably I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what.
Speaker 5: So this guy, he's approaching us, this is the first thing he said. Jen just ignores me. She's like, I'm good, I'm confident, I'm wind drunk. And then she starts walking. He's like, are you guys following me? I'm knock your teeth boom directed at me. Now, Jen, where are you following him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: First time I saw this guy. He's probably paranoid on drugs or something. I don't know what's going on there. Okay, now, Jen, she thinks I'm gonna handle it.
Speaker 2: That's not me. She's like, oh yeah, like shut up, simmer down with the house wine.
Speaker 8: Stop it.
Speaker 5: So he starts walking around. Now you got a picture where I'm at as like a square, right. He starts rounding the square and walking up. I take a left where he's coming from. Now the issue is if he turns left, we're gonna meet at the same spot.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 3: Couldn't you just call the other way?
Speaker 6: Bit?
Speaker 5: No, there was no other way. I had to be back to the airbnb. And we're walking back home.
Speaker 3: It's like a video game.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: He we walk for like maybe a quarter of a mile that We're like, wow, it's weird. Crazy.
Speaker 5: The guy's insane, dude, I swear to god. We round the next corner. He hops out and.
Speaker 2: Says, boom, no way, no crazy way. So we started running. Jens and heels, house wine, drunk.
Speaker 3: Start up, keep drop the house on.
Speaker 5: Asia was wearing Florida. There's gators. It's starting to get dark out. I don't know what's happening. You're we're hitting dead ends left or right.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars. Gen was faster than you in heels.
Speaker 5: This guy starts chasing us, and we cut down an alley, cut up and I can see him like through like the houses and the fence lines right, and I.
Speaker 3: See him like through the nine one or anything.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm thing. I'm thinking that like I should I should be a man, and I should be able to protect WHI However, I see another option.
Speaker 3: I know you take it no matter what it is.
Speaker 5: There is a trash can and a recycling bin. I tell Jen I try to trink her because he's housewind drunk. I'm like, hey, youre getting a trash man, I'll get a recycling man. They're empty. She's like, no, I'm climbing to a recycling man. So she gets ano recycling bin. I get in the trash bin. I don't know what kind of drugs this guy was on.
Speaker 6: Why.
Speaker 4: I know you were gonna end up in a trash man, but.
Speaker 5: He was smart af because we start hearing him. He starts calling Jen like all these lady of the night words. She's like, He's like, you, lady of the night and just starts.
Speaker 2: He starts. I hear him like five driveways down, kicking over the trash can.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, calming down to us.
Speaker 5: Each kick of the trash can. It gets louder and louder as he's approaching us. Now meanwhile, I'm in the trash can higher ventilating and I start crying.
Speaker 2: I'm like, he's gonna find us. Let me tell you, let me tell you something. Not a good feeling. When you gotta call your father in law and you're on the phone, You're.
Speaker 4: Like, Greg, someone's trying to kill me and your dogar.
Speaker 5: He's like what, He's like, drop your pin. So he whips up in a Chevy Cruise. By the way, why are all Gen's family members short? It took a minute. The guys like approach. So Gen's dad whips up.
Speaker 2: We hear them he like does a little thing. The guys like still probably like fifty.
Speaker 5: Feet away from us, and I get out of the trash can. I'm trying to get into Chevy cruise, except they're short, so I gotta like wait for it.
Speaker 2: And it's and it's a motorized so I'm like waiting for the seats back up. So I can fit in, like the guys getting closer closer. Jen's like, just jump in.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 2: Family's four feet off. Anyways, I get it.
Speaker 5: We drive, we drive away. So yeah, that's that was my mugging story. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: So you were never find I.
Speaker 2: Was almost a mugging victim. Okay, okay, dude, it's so crazy.
Speaker 4: Full circle of lies.
Speaker 2: Survived, dude.
Speaker 5: I And you know it's something that is serious though, because when we were driving back in the cruise.
Speaker 1: I believe you that you probably had a hard time sleeping that night because that guy's out and about boom.
Speaker 2: No, I'm so freaking, oh so crazy. But Jen was like, dude, the sweat women feel like all the time.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Like the feeling you got when you were a little nervous, That's how I feel all the time. Like when I go running and there's somebody like running close to me or something. I was like, all right, true, So I don't know, I gotta stay strapped or something.
Speaker 1: I gotta carry paper spray in Florida Doellan and Cold.
Speaker 6: Today's trending with Fellan and Cold on one on one Katie w.
Speaker 1: All Right, there's a new trend and I love any trend that involves a cake. You know how they have like obviously gender revealed cakes, your wedding, your birthadyl, the cakes. Now they have rejection case they're trending. So if you get a college rejection, people are baking cakes and decorating them with flags from the schools that turned them down, and they're basically just making it a fun way to deal with the stress of college admissions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's a good turn.
Speaker 5: And also it's kind of like a celebration that you don't spend that much money on like tuition and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Like I got rejected from Harvard.
Speaker 1: But I mean I feel like, yeah, that is uh one would to look at it. I personally didn't have any of that. I applied at schools where they seemingly accepted anyone, and I knew.
Speaker 2: That, so I'd be like, that's a way to do it.
Speaker 1: But good for everyone who's out there really aiming high, you know, trying their best. It is global pay it Forward day, a good day to pass on some kindness. So Cold just wanted you to know you don't look at a manatee, Oh thank.
Speaker 2: You appreciate that. Right back at you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Not that anyone said it, but you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said earlier, kids said it, So don't sort of trap me in case someone didn't hear that earlier.
Speaker 3: How do you calm back?
Speaker 1: Rising coffee prices? Wow, this is gonna blow your mind. It's the new thing gen z Ors are doing. They're making coffee at home.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't want to freak you out. It's like it's new, so I don't like, let me explain how it works. Okay, they kind of like transform their kitchen into their own cafe, so like they'll put like a coffee pot in there, they make it. Yeah, I didn't even know you could do this. They make their own coffee in their kitchen and then they drink it.
Speaker 2: But how do they get the beans?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I said, So I had to ask chat GPT. Apparently you can get them at like grocery stores, coffee shops.
Speaker 3: You can get them, that's crazy. And then they take them home and then they make their own coffee.
Speaker 2: Next, you're gonna tell me I don't have to go out for every meal.
Speaker 3: No, I would never tell you that, Yeah, because you you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Stop, I didn't see a guy on them to Cofy made me laugh because it's like I've been pouring because I can't afford to go out for coffee. I've been pouring the coffee I make it home in into go cup, so it feels like I actually got coffee. And that one made me laugh because I was like, I can see myself doing it. It's like what I went through and started buying milk bags and stuff because I was like, I'm gonna I just like say the word milk bag because it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm gonna make my own almond milk. And then I realized that I don't like almond milks. I was like, why am I making my own almond milk. It's like such a process.
Speaker 3: It was so weird. And this is forty. When you're in the when are you in the prime of your life?
Speaker 1: A lot of people think the twenties, but according to a thirty nine year old, it really begins at age forty. This woman's name is Britney, and she explains her theory. It's gone viral. She says, when you're twenty, you've only been out of your teens for two years, so you're a baby adult. Then everyone's like, oh, your life peaks in your twenties, but if you look at it through a lens of adult years, you're really just learning to walk emotionally, she said, I spent my thirties building, healing and becoming, but I want my forties to feel like a deep exhale. And I've heard that from lots of people, like it just keeps getting better as you get older.
Speaker 5: I do feel like that, even though I'm in my I'm turning thirty one next month, but I feel like it's like, Okay, I'm established. I kind of know who I am, and you're like, you know, you're building towards It does feel like that, and emotionally you're a little more sound.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I think in your forties you stop caring as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, like.
Speaker 3: About what people think about you.
Speaker 2: That is yeah yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's your trending. We're going to come back.
Speaker 1: We have your after school pop quiz, so it's your chance to win some passes over at Mall of America to the Crayola Experience one on one point three Katiewe with Ballin and Cult. We have your Crayola Experience. Passes two of those right now, over at Mall of America. You just call in and answer a few trivia questions at six five, one, nine eight nine. Katiewb to play and I wanted to take this time to tell you that coming up on Thursday, which is May first, the.
Speaker 6: National Weather Service in the Twin Cities has issued a tornado warning for northeastern Meeker County, southeastern Stearns County, northwestern Right County until four fifteen pm. At three thirty nine pm, a severe thunderstalln capable of purducing a tornado was located six miles north of Litchfield or twenty four miles north of Hutchinson, moving northeast at fifty miles per hour. Expected hazards include tornado and half dollar size hail. This is a radar indicated threat. The following impacts are expected. Flying debris will be dangerous to those cant without shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree damage is likely. Locations impacted include Saint Cloud, Litchfield, Waite Park, Rockville, clear Water, Watkins, Kimball, Forest City, Luxembourg, South Haven, Saint Nicholas, fair Haven, Pleasant Lake, Saint Augusta and Litchfield Airport moved to an interior room on the lowest floor of a well built building, away from windows. If you are outdoors in a mobile home or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris repeating. A tornado warning has been issued until four fifteen pm for the following counties in Minnesota, Meeker, Strings, and Wright.
Speaker 1: All Right, this one I did not know either, guy, so I hope you you're better than me. What is an animal called that does not have a backbone or a spine?
Speaker 3: Yes, Steph invertebrate?
Speaker 10: Yet you know that?
Speaker 2: Get out here?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. See, I was like, would I read that?
Speaker 1: I was like, well, I mean, I've heard of vertebrate, but I didn't know they were called invertebrate. Okay, just like that, Taylor, you played a heck of a game. But Steph is our winter today. You got the Crayola experience passes. Congratulations, You're very welcome. Okay, Histo really is back. We're gonna learn the history of wedding rings. Is it a beautiful story or horrific?
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's about time for Histou when fallon and could.
Speaker 2: Think about your wedding ring?
Speaker 3: Okay, I have it?
Speaker 2: How much was it?
Speaker 6: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Can you guess? Did you have a priced personally?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I mean I know it's obviously thousands of dollars right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Now they say three months savings, right, save up three months of what your salary is.
Speaker 3: That's not that is like so outdated. They say, that's so outdated.
Speaker 2: Now why is this the thing?
Speaker 3: But you get what you can afford, okay.
Speaker 11: And what you like?
Speaker 3: Comment?
Speaker 2: Why is there a diamond?
Speaker 5: You might ask? And when did and start wearing rings? I have all the answer spelling O my god.
Speaker 1: Now an ancient definitely someone like me who started the trend for men to wear rings, who was like I don't trust you.
Speaker 3: You have to wear something to prove you are taken.
Speaker 5: Now, the ring became a thing ancient Egypt. But what they would do there they would have hemp.
Speaker 3: Oh they loved accessories.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, the neck rings, so like extending your neck. You know what I'm talking about. They had those things in Egypt. Yeah, so here's the thing only used hemp. Then Rome was like wait a minute, hold on, we can make this better. Let's use iron, iron to symbolize strength and permanence.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 5: And then they were like, well, what about gold, because it's like strength but a little flashy too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like flashy, and they loved gold.
Speaker 5: Now this this happened when diamonds came into it, because they're like, Okay, wait a minute, Gold's cool, but diamonds symbolize invincibility and clarity. It is clear, clear, Crock.
Speaker 2: You know I love you.
Speaker 5: You're a homegirl. This you and me forever girl. That's what they were saying back in the Middle Ages. They now, I had no idea, but apparently men started wearing wedding rings in World War Two to remind the soldiers of their wives while they were deployed.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. Is that that recent?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I thought you were gonna say something worse than that. What I think, like help identify people. Dang, that's where I thought you were going.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a good darker path, just dark and gloomy, or don't mean to remind them? Are you kidding me more?
Speaker 1: I'm guessing the only thing they were thinking of outside of that was like, I can't wait to get home to be with my person, You're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be all sad, like, let me just you know you should do you should wear a ring.
Speaker 5: I think it's back to your point where it's like, dude, all these women over in Europe, you're gonna be like, I don't know Ca noodling with.
Speaker 1: And they were how many stories do you hear about like random kids with people?
Speaker 2: Probably definitely, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I've seen movies based on it really, so it has to be true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty three meters.
Speaker 3: I try to make Jake wardn engagement ring and he was like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: My walk around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: One oh one point three kd WB with ballon and cult. Imagine you're driving in this scenario, you're driving down the road, okay, you look over, yeah, and you are taken aback by what you see. Let's for this situation, I can tell you the exact location six p ninety four in university. You will see something in someone's car that is so shocking you cannot believe your eyes.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you what I saw on the road.
Speaker 1: And by the way, there's a teaser video because you can go basically see what it is.
Speaker 3: Get the preview.
Speaker 1: If you follow us Fallon and Cold, it's up on our Instagram right now, you will be so shocked.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna tell you about it in five minutes on Katie w B one O one point three KATIEWV with Fallon and Cold.
Speaker 1: Now, as long as you've been driving in your life, you've probably at some point looked over to the right or left.
Speaker 3: You've seen another driver. You've noticed I'm doing something bizarre.
Speaker 1: Usually the bizarre thing is like they're singing it's kind of funny, or they're picking their nose it's kind of gross.
Speaker 3: Maybe you've seen them eating a weird food item, you know what.
Speaker 1: But I am my life, have never ever seen anything like this. So I'm driving to get set the scene. It's a six poinety four University area.
Speaker 3: I look over. I'm gonna show you the photo.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want you to also look at the man, the excitement on the man's face while he.
Speaker 3: Is holding this, And I know you're gonna say no, I know you're gonna think this is radio?
Speaker 2: Is that the heck?
Speaker 1: Yes, this man had a snake wrapped around his arm and he's going ah, like he's loving.
Speaker 3: Look at his face. Look at hold on, look at it. He's so excited.
Speaker 5: First of all, he has a dope mustache, which if you're a snake mustache.
Speaker 3: In this, that's his tooth, now booth. Don't don't make fun of him due hold on, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't know that that's a dude. Yeah, that adds up.
Speaker 3: Do you have dud don't make fun of this person and make fun of it.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, if you have a set of choppers like that, you have a snake on your wrist in traffic, oh crazy? And then look at the snake face. It's all happy that it's in traffic driving around.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: It's also the perfect photo like I captured that. If you're like, I want to see the snake. I am not making this up. It is currently up on Fallon and cult on Instagram. Do yourself a favor. We did like a reaction video to showing cult this picture that I took and now I know that's dangerous. We were stopped by the way, so I will give you that. But I know I shouldn't have my phone, but we were stopped and I was like, I can't this is I do the thing where I'm like, any is anyone else around me saying this just got crazy on his arm. This leads me to the question for you. Yeah, yeah, what is the weirdest thing you have seen while driving? This could be something on the road, This could be in a car next to you, This could be someone standing on the street. What is the weirdest thing you've seen while driving recently? You can call six five one nine eight nine KATWB. You can text, but we'd rather talk to you. But you can text five grade ninety two one KTWB one.
Speaker 5: There was one time somebody who was eating pancakes for McDonald's while driving, which is seems.
Speaker 3: Like the worst dangerous surf is so messy.
Speaker 6: So sticky a radar indicated threat. The following impacts aren't expected. Trying debris would be dangerous to those come without shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged for destroyed. Damage to roof windows and vehicle will occur. Tree damage is likely. Locations intacted include Saint Cloud, Becker Foley, clear Water, clear Lake, Santiango, Glinda, Ratto, do Elm, Saint Cloud Airport, and Saint Augusta. Moved to an interior room on the lowest floor of a well built building away from windows. If you are outdoors in a mobile home or in a vehicle, move to the closest substantial shelter and protect yourself from flying debris repeating. A tornado warning has been issued until four forty five pm for the following counties in Minnesota. Benton, Sherburn, Strings and Wright.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 12: She had no pason.
Speaker 4: She just read, Okay, that's what's gonna say.
Speaker 1: You know, these kids have been driving her nuts for so long that she had to put a spatula.
Speaker 3: In her car.
Speaker 8: Oh myoiness.
Speaker 4: Actually that's crazy.
Speaker 3: A part of me'd be like, should I call Child Protective Services?
Speaker 4: But also you just.
Speaker 5: Gotta get noise canceling headphones at that point, just ignore the children. But thank you for the call. We appreciate you. Hello, Katie, do w to be what's the crazy thing you saw while driving?
Speaker 8: I saw a lady milking for her baby.
Speaker 2: Keep me pumping milking her baby.
Speaker 4: It's called pumping milk.
Speaker 8: She's doing pumping for her baby for her breast broke. And I looked over. I looked again, and I saw her.
Speaker 6: And she got mad at me.
Speaker 2: Well, well she's on traffic.
Speaker 3: That's because you were staring at perverse move on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean sometimes my wife had to say she had a pump and travel one time, because sometimes it builds up so much that it hurts, and you're like, I'm whipping it out right now, you do.
Speaker 3: But I love that you call it milking. Thanks for sharing. Hey, what's the crazy thing you saw while you were driving?
Speaker 12: Craziest thing I saw was when I lived out in Philadelphia. I was driving to work one morning. It was about six am. I was in the city and there was a guy on the side of the road and all he had on was a free pink bath robe and he had I don't know if you remember those old and tennant on top of houses that are like ten feet long for TVs. Oh yeah, sure, he had one of those, and he was swinging it around while holding a big gulp in his other hand, pretending like he's playing dragon.
Speaker 5: Oh God forbid, someone have fun or beyond drugs exactly.
Speaker 6: That looked me up.
Speaker 8: I didn't need any coffee yet.
Speaker 2: No, that is memorable.
Speaker 3: That actually reminds me.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 3: So I went to LA and I was on a tour bus and.
Speaker 1: I looked out and there was a man walking down the street with like a big fur coat. He reached in the garbage can, picked out a cup of coffee and started drinking it.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, did anyone else say that?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, gross, thank you for going Hello, Hello, what's the crazy thing you saw while you were driving?
Speaker 8: My daughter and I were.
Speaker 11: Sitting at a stop place and we looked over and the guy next to us picked a booger out of his nose, rolled it in his fingers and put it in his mouth, chew it on it, took it out and flicked it out the window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just wanted to get the flavor.
Speaker 3: Off of it.
Speaker 4: First.
Speaker 7: We were like, want to vomit?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: So he used as like a zin pouce, like a tobacco. Yeah, what is the appeal?
Speaker 5: Because I feel like so many people you always catch like videos on TikTok, like someone getting out it for doing that?
Speaker 2: Why why does it happen?
Speaker 12: What do they do?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Does he feel less gross about himself because he doesn't fully eat it?
Speaker 3: Like I'm so curious.
Speaker 7: I'm like, you might as well just put it.
Speaker 2: At that point cross the lines like I'm not that bad.
Speaker 3: I have some standards.
Speaker 6: Na. Wow.
Speaker 2: To one point three kt w B on one on one point three kd w B.
Speaker 1: What is going on with Travis Kelcey unfollowing Ryan Reynolds our Instagram?
Speaker 3: You do what happens?
Speaker 2: I have some sources that have confirmed. Check it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Travis Kelsey, Taylor Swift are throwing a party. Blake Lively. Ryan Reynolds comes over. Blake has been yapping a lot. Ryan not down with that. He tries to slide in on Taylor. He's like, do we have a relationship. We've been hanging out for years? Maybe like shoot my shot whatever, She's gonna killer trap, but like I'm Ryan Reynolds fails. Taylor tells, why are you.
Speaker 2: Looking to me? Crazy?
Speaker 3: Taylor unsubscribed about this? So fake?
Speaker 2: Travis unfollows and that's what daily mails told me.
Speaker 3: That's what is that?
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 3: What daily Mail wrote? Oh my god, So you're you're even worse than daily Mail, which is the worst.
Speaker 2: This is what I think has happened.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not right. I think that I don't know.
Speaker 1: See, Taylor Swift never follows anyone, so like she doesn't, you don't have to like look into her life and see who she's following and unfollowing true. I didn't even know Travis Kelsey followed him because he doesn't follow Taylor by the way, but apparently he did unfollowed him, and so everyone's like, oh, it's probably obviously about the Justin Baldoni Blake Lively situation because Taylor's name has been dragged into that. She could actually be deposed for that when it goes to trial, which is crazy, absolutely crazy, but it's possible.
Speaker 3: Same with Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 1: Could be but Hugh Jackman still standing beside them, so I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 1: It is weird that he would unfollow because he didn't do like the thing where some celebrities, you know, when they're starting a new era, they'll clear they'll clear all their posts, they'll unfollow everyone.
Speaker 3: It's not like that happened. He just it's it's very bizarre. Travis Scott.
Speaker 1: Caused Coachella to get fined twenty thousand dollars because of his late set. You know, they have those like noise ordinance and curfews and things, so he caused a little up or they're no surprise, I does it do anything without causing a little bit of an uproar. Sounds right, and Beyonce things are going on with her ticket sales.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Last week when you were out Cold, I was talking about Katy Perry and everyone's just turning on her and they're like.
Speaker 3: How does They're like so confused. This is like the quote is how about Katy Perry?
Speaker 1: Like how can someone's tour look like it costs so much but also look so cheap at the same time, and like.
Speaker 3: Just ripping her to shreds.
Speaker 2: You know, she has like a Star Wars bit or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I was just like, leave it alone, Like just leave Katy Perry alone, and I feel like she's the new Britney. Leave alone. Yeah, but Beyonce is not used to this situation happening. But her Cowboy Carter tour tickets are struggling to sell. There are still thirty eight hundred tickets left for tonight's show her tour kicks off, so this is opening night and it's in LA. Prices have even dropped for resale to twenty dollars dollars Beyonce. Now again, these are probably the last row and the venue kind of things, like really bad tickets, but that's really rare for Beyonce. But they say it's because her prices were ridiculous to start with, and I don't know.
Speaker 5: I wow, they had a bad year last year. There was some conspiracies that and then there was like.
Speaker 2: The Grammy work it.
Speaker 3: I think I want to know.
Speaker 1: I'm curious, do the bait the bee Hive do they do? They really love Cowboy Carter. I think you can respect that she went a different direction, but she's obviously going to be doing mostly that music.
Speaker 3: Does the bait? Does the Beehive actually like it?
Speaker 1: Because I wouldn't want to spend if it was an album back, even if.
Speaker 3: It's an artist I love. If they're going to do a majority of an album, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like what I spend five hundred dollars on a ticket.
Speaker 2: No, but probably not.
Speaker 5: Those issue with Justin Timberlake's like, do you let me do fifteen new songs?
Speaker 2: I'll give like two or three men, and.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, no, your new songs suck. Justin Timberlake at least Beyonce some of her newer songs I liked. But I'm also not like Beyonce is not like in.
Speaker 3: My top five favorite artists.
Speaker 1: Surprise, surprise, don't turn on me Sinners continues to dominate at the box office, bring it in forty five million, which by the way, is one of the smallest revenue drops in history. That got forty eight million opening weekend forty five millions, only six percent less, which is pretty rare, and it's.
Speaker 3: Just doing really I saw it this weekend. I really liked it. I will tell you this.
Speaker 1: The first like forty minutes and thirty minutes, I was like, I still don't know where this is going because I didn't know much about it, and then everything kicks in. There are vampires, sick music, crazy stuff happens.
Speaker 3: It was a vibe.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see it, and there were parts that made me laugh, parts that maybe like jump because they were like, you know the jump scare situation.
Speaker 5: Isn't it like Irish vampires, Elty trying to steal music from Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan.
Speaker 3: That's so close, but so far.
Speaker 2: There's a violin devil went down to Georgia.
Speaker 3: No, they never hit that one, which is a bummer because that is a banger for sure.
Speaker 1: It's your pop culture Minutes, brought to you by Ovo Lesigan Lens on KGWB T one on one point three KTWB with Fallon and Cold.
Speaker 3: I've seen, like, I feel like, stories like this before where people they.
Speaker 1: End up with someone and they realized they didn't know them at all, And that's kind of what happened with you, Rachel.
Speaker 3: So what's going on? What happened?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 12: I was exactly five months into my marriage when I discovered that I married a scam artist. Oh okay, yeah, he was bankrupt, had opened multiple credit cards in my name, was completely using Oh my gosh. I've never felt more stupid and betrayed and just absolutely embarrassed, Like, how how did I miss these signs?
Speaker 3: How did you find this out?
Speaker 11: I saw the.
Speaker 12: Card in his backpack. He liked me, of course, and I fell for it for six more weeks, but I had I had a gut feeling and started making calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I found that he's actually done this three other times.
Speaker 3: Wow, so like three other women he's done this too?
Speaker 12: Yes, Oh my gosh, And it's crazy. I feel like I'm in an episode of a TV show or something and I'm just so sad.
Speaker 3: So you, I'm assuming you you have ended this relationship?
Speaker 12: Oh absolutely, okay, yes, that's you know.
Speaker 1: I bet there are people listening and maybe it hasn't been this extreme, or maybe it's been even worse. I'm so sorry that happened to you, Rachel. But if you're listening, I mean, what are some things you found out about your partner after you were married? Maybe it was a quick situation too, like this where you were, you weren't even a few months in before you found something. I would love to hear from you. You can give us a call at six five one nine eight nine katw B. Of course you can text in five three nine two one KATIEWB.
Speaker 12: One.
Speaker 1: You know what, Rachel, I'm glad you found out five months in though instead of like a long like even further in, so you can get out quickly.
Speaker 3: And I'm just so sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, me too, thank you.
Speaker 1: One on one point three KATIEWB with Falin. By the way, tomorrow is pick your ticket Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Oh what what is that?
Speaker 1: Like every thirty minutes, you just get a pair of tickets and you choose the one. So it's not like we're like you have to go to this show, Oh you have so many We're like, here are your options, and then you choose which one you want.
Speaker 2: To go to yeah, every thirty minutes, a chance to win starting tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: You know why are we doing that? Why because we love them so much? We love you so much. Okay, obviously we talked about one a moment ago.
Speaker 1: She gets married and she's like, discovers a credit card and her name and her her husband's like backpack or whatever it was, and he's like, no, girl, that amy. She's like, okay, stays with them for a little while longer, does some digging. She's like, oh yeah, absolutely, he was literally just he's done this to three other women.
Speaker 3: He's been opening cards and stuff like.
Speaker 1: Stealing my identity basically, and uh got this got this text because we're like, well, tell us if you found out your partner was scamming you or lying to you. This text says, I found out, after three years of marriage and his death, that my husband had been talking to and sending pictures to other men for most of our time together. And the problem is I have so many unanswered questions and some very complicated grief.
Speaker 3: How could you not and you can't.
Speaker 1: Here's a thing I will say to this person that texted in, even if they were alive. Typically, people who are like compulsive liars, they still will never give you the resolution you're hoping for, the closure you're looking for, because they cannot not lie.
Speaker 3: I was in a relationship, if you want to call out that with a guy. He's cheating on me.
Speaker 1: The whole time she and I we see each other, we're like, okay, we basically are like yup, yup, yup, yup.
Speaker 3: Everything matches up.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I talked to this guy one final time and I'm like, hey, I'm not trying to get back with you. Can you just please explain to me why you did this to me, Like just please, And he's just like I don't know what you're talking about, Like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Like literally literally.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: And I was like, all right, I can never talk to you again. You're absolutely insane. So that you had your wife was a scammers too, Like what happened?
Speaker 8: Well, I was married when I was eighteen years old, ten years ago. I got married right after high school. Terrible decision. Yeah, I've come to know that she was a compulsive liar some time after. I got to know her during my last year senior year, and I found out that she just kept consistently lying about a bunch of stuff. And about a year into the marriage, I thought everything was fine. I was in college, she was in college. I had no idea she dropped out of college. So I was wondering where she was going for the past year college.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Crazy. I was just baffled, like, what is going on. She hasn't been in college for a year, Where's she going? So I on her iPhone. I opened up find my on her iPhone and then I was able to see where she goes. She goes to the park every now and then. She just goes there and just does nothing for like the six or seven hours that she said she was in college for. And then I confronted her about this and she was just, Oh, I'm not doing anything. I'm just trying to make myself some time. I'm like time for what? And it just kind of felt really weird how she just flied about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially to her husband.
Speaker 2: We were young, and that reminds me about that one story of that doctor.
Speaker 5: He was like a renowned doctor and he was like curing like all these diseases, and he was like getting all these things. And then it turns out, no, he wasn't. He spent thirteen years walking around the library, like looking at books and stuff, and he told his whole family he was just maxing out credit cards.
Speaker 3: And so was that the reason you guys got divorced?
Speaker 8: Well, I decided to confront her about it. What about the college stuff? She told me all she dropped out because she didn't want to go anymore. So, okay, I thought I'd make it work. For five years, I made this work. And I had no idea that she was using her stepfather's like information and credit card stuff or whatever for like five straight years and using all his other information and everything else, because I was assuming that her work was enough and my work was enough. And it was awkward when the when the cops came to our house and they arrested her, and they arrested me for credit card steps and identity fraud, and I'm just like.
Speaker 3: What, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Now obviously you got out of it because they realized you had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: Did she have to serve time?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what made it work is she kept lying about it. And then it all started with her in the park stuff. And it turns out at the park she was meeting with some guy to get information about getting a credit card from her stepdad or whatever. And I'm like, yeah, it fills up from there.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: And well I got got free because at least she told him. Oh he wasn't a part of this. I never told him about it. There were messages and there was never anything else.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, at least got free.
Speaker 8: But I was under supervision, just in Kate.
Speaker 1: But yeah, wow, then really they could do it. They could have a whole movie based on your life.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, it'd be funny.
Speaker 10: That is good.
Speaker 8: I'm good. I remarried someone better. I don't know what she's up to. I think she's still in jail. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you mean your current wife. I'm like, oh my god, she had a park. What's going on? Okay, good, you know what she's up to?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Girl, one Katie w B with Fallon and Cult. Let's give away money, money money. It's been a full week since we've done this. I have refueled my savings account. No I haven't, girl, I'm getting a new deck. What I don't have a savings account. I don't have a savings account. Uh, but we are doing the one K wordplay. Your chance to win are you ready for it? One thousand pennies. You can call the play right now, your chance to win hot hot pennies six five, one, nine, eight nine Katie w B one on one point three k d w B. What's your name?
Speaker 4: Mariah?
Speaker 3: I apologize for that? Are you ready to play the one K wordplay?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Have you ever played before? Mariah?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I have?
Speaker 3: And who failed you?
Speaker 6: You? Oh? I knew it.
Speaker 3: I knew it was me, Mariah. And I was hoping. I was hoping I was wrong. So does that mean you're gonna go with Colt today?
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: With you for a some time already, dude, two times a charm? Okay, So I don't know how she does that sound effect. Okay, So here's the thing. Your first word is turtle, burger, bun whistle and iPhone targer alrighty fallin valligatory fall.
Speaker 3: So should I just like immediately go with the first thing that comes to my head?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, well maybe on a couple of Okay, Okay, the first word is turtle, turtle shell, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Okay. Burger king bon bon burger bond.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so much, it's so insightful because of turtle and shell.
Speaker 3: I should have done burger.
Speaker 2: And then when I say whistle, you.
Speaker 3: Whistle while you workout? Started and whistle?
Speaker 2: How do you whistle?
Speaker 11: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Lips blow?
Speaker 5: iPhone? What do you do with an iPhone? Talk talk when it's almost dead? What do you do with an iPhone?
Speaker 2: Charging charger?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Mariah, I feel like I let you down again the charger though that one would have that one would have started. Sorry, now, Mariah, if you get through a third time, do you think you'll pick Colt next time?
Speaker 2: I might.
Speaker 3: I don't blame you. I don't blame you thinks for playing Mariah, Today's trending with fellon and cold on.
Speaker 1: Quit checking the doppler. You rode your bike, You're fine, it seems totally normal.
Speaker 3: That's cult writing and spycomb by the way, because she's like, what was that sound?
Speaker 5: Just I have the past couple of dude, and I'll tell you what. And I know I complained about this a lot, but it is true. If you're not biking when it's five below, get out of my way in the summer when it's nice sound it's like seventy, don't be jogging in my way, get on the grass.
Speaker 2: Okay, off the path.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that end the summer, you don't run in because you constantly brag about quote unquote running places.
Speaker 5: If they had a shower here, one hundred percent I would.
Speaker 3: But I can't just be downstairs in like the gym area.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you could have a gym here in our building that you can access. You could work out there and shower.
Speaker 5: Well, that is a conversation I didn't see coming, so I didn't think of any lies to get out of it. I'm uncomfortable showering at work because cameras and people.
Speaker 3: That's a llegal. They don't have cameras in the shower.
Speaker 2: Everyone does the legal stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is not an ad. I did get the massage for free. I want to be clear, but I want to go to the Lifetime chan Hassen Lifetime chan Hassen Flex. They have like a AI robot that gives massages.
Speaker 2: So what do you say? How do you just type in like I want this area rubbed.
Speaker 3: Or like okay, calm down, beddy.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well you said I did like a forty five minute one and it's actually interesting. I know I should have done thirty because I was kind of like stressed out because it is hard to get past the thought that what is something malfunctions and it kills you. Well, I'm not worried about a human malfunctioning.
Speaker 3: It did not, it should not. And there is an emergency button you can push. But it's crazy.
Speaker 1: You lay down and there's your face. You know, there's a screen there, so you can control like the intensity, and you can control like if you're like, oh, I feels really good on my butt and you just wanted to stay there, you can make it.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, if you're going forty five minutes with this and you're controlling it to do things in.
Speaker 2: Places, calm down.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it hits the glutes and like usually humans don't don't really rub your cheeks and the and the glutes need it sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 3: Do you ever make Jen get massage?
Speaker 2: There should be cameras in that room.
Speaker 5: There's people. As soon as that door closes, the psalm's happening. Chan ass, and it's chan happening.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's not the people are not being creepy to the robot.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that, but that is kind of exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: That is not your trending that I want to remove what he just said. I apologize the lifetime into the client shile there.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get an endorsement for years and that's why you're.
Speaker 3: Not getting what God, there's trending. Thank you,