Speaker 1: Along with David vassa our Dodger Insider. We are live at Dodgers Stadium on this Friday morning, November first, twenty twenty four, as the city of Los Angeles comes together and celebrates a World Series championship. We are live at Dodger Stadium, where the party has already begun. The celebration will continue after noon today with the Podium celebration. The chairs are all set up just past second base. There's a blue carpet from center field all the way out to behind second base with a platform and podium where we'll hear from players and coaches and dignitaries beginning after twelve o'clock this afternoon. I'm inside Dodger Stadium, David Vassay like nobody else in Southern California, the most exclusive coverage. He's on one of the team buses that will make its way through the parade route. David, what's going on outside Dodgers Statium? Where you guys part that right now?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're in the place the players usually park here. That's where the buses are set up to go to City Hall and from there onto the parade route that will end up here at Dodger Stadium where you're at Tim, and look, I know a lot of the players are really excited for this. Running into some of them in the clubhouse, They've brought all their families, so it's not just going to be the players on these buses. You're going to see their families on the same buses as well. Dave Roberts Andrew Friedman are going to be on one bus together. You're going to have Freddie Freeman on one bus. Otani Yamamoto, from my understanding, are going to be among the players that are on the bus that I'm currently on, so you'll hear from those guys. And we have Kirsten Watson on another bus, so you'll hear all those interviews. And then once the rally at Dodger Stadium is over, we'll get more of those guys to come on. But honestly, this is their day. I'm not really sure Tim being around these guys how much they realize this city loves the Dodgers and loves them. I really guys like Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman, they are really locked in and with blinders on. During the season winning the World Series at Yankee Stadium, they got a little taste of it. They know that the Dodger fans are very passionate, but they're humble guys, and I'm not sure until today they're going to realize just how much they mean to so many fans.
Speaker 1: He is David Veasse on one of the team bus is Tim Kates inside Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: We're live on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Live right now as well as we are presented by Yamova and David. The last time the Dodgers had a World Series Championship parade it in and at City Hall. We know what Tommy Listorta did out there, dance and shaking it around on stage.
Speaker 3: And one of the guys on that eighty eight.
Speaker 1: World Series Championship team, one of the guys that was on that stage that day, we're in a beautiful looking suit.
Speaker 3: And a power red tie.
Speaker 1: He was Steve Saxon. He's joining us here in the booth.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, what's going on? Buddy's up? Tim? How are you doing? My friend doing good? Good to see you.
Speaker 1: David's on a bus getting ready to hang out with Dodger players.
Speaker 3: He's out there in the parking lot. David, how you doing, my friend?
Speaker 4: I know you're having a great time, and those players are actually whispering to one another.
Speaker 3: Hey, look there's David vassaying. I mean, that's what they're probably saying. I wouldn't be saying that.
Speaker 4: And remember, I wish you would refer to me as as a current scam member.
Speaker 3: That's right, Okay, yeah, coast a scam right? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Winning a nineteen eighty eight and nineteen eighty one World Series takes a back seat to co hosting a full month with Tim Kates, Right, Steve, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's kind of rubbing up against each other.
Speaker 2: Career highlight. Career highlight for you hosting a morning show with Tim Kate's love it.
Speaker 3: It's it's been great. It's been fun.
Speaker 4: And listen, if we're doing that, that means the Dodgers are in motion, right, They're in the postseason and they're doing their thing.
Speaker 1: Take us back to nineteen eighty eight, Saxy and the the hour before a parade on the floats going to City Hall. Do you remember what was it like the day of a championship.
Speaker 4: Parade back in nineteen eighty Well, I had my wife and two little ones, and so it was it was a great time for them, especially the kids get to kind of say, Daddy would letting his hair down a little bit, not grinding it out every day at the ballpark, and this is a fun time for them.
Speaker 3: This is no.
Speaker 4: Actual technicalities of baseball. This is a human part of it, and they're going out and having a good time today.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve, do you think Mickey Hatcher remembers anything from that eighty eight parade?
Speaker 3: Vicky Hatcher.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Mickey might have had it, might be tipping one or two the day of the parade. He was having a good time, as he always always did. He was such a great teammate and a really good player too. He was so instrumental in us winning the World Series. But that that whole thing was such a blur, and you know, you snap it all off with the with the parade.
Speaker 3: It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: The outpour of love that you get from the fans, it's incredible. And a lot of you guys were si that day, right, Yes, good point, we were. Many of the guys got sick day because you just let your defenses down and with all the stress that's going on, physical and emotional, mental stress throughout the course of the playoffs that after you let that defense down, a lot of guys got sick, and on the parade they were.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve, I was going to ask you, when you look back at the eighty eight parade and the World championship, would you have any advice for any of these players just to be able to you know, when you're playing, you're so focused. If you had any advice for them on this parade, what would it be?
Speaker 3: I would say, A enjoy the moment.
Speaker 4: These scenes can be few and far between you as great as a team is. But I would say, after this parade and take everything in with it, go home and don't touch a baseball for at least a month, two weeks, and.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is in Spade Saxon.
Speaker 1: Now that we're forty eight hours away from the Dodgers winning that World Series championship, when you think about the five game series against the Yankees and even this playoff run, what are one or two of the things that really stick out that you're going to remember from this twenty twenty four playoff and World Series run.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you, almost almost as a you know, a secondary thing. You'll think about how great and talented the team is. But that's really almost secondary. We all know that, we all know what Shoeyo Tani brings, and what a professional hitter Freddie Freeman is and how great Mookie Betts is and all that. But what I will take away from this was the tenacity of this team. How no matter how good they were, no matter how much money they made, there was a lot of guys like that the team wanted it. Nothing more emblematic than when Walker Buehler sacrificed if he had to his own body to say I can go in there for the ninth inning. And he did, and Walker Buehler was hunting those hitters.
Speaker 3: This not the other way around.
Speaker 4: Walker Buehler took on the challenge and hunted those guys down and mowed him down for the victory. An incredible testimony of what this team's all about.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve, I'm not sure if you heard what I reported, but on the flight back home, Walker Buehler took me through how he ended up in the bullpen, and it reminded me of when Oral Hershcheizer came in relief in Game four in the NLCS in nineteen eighty eight. As you know, Steve, Tommy Losorda did not send Oral Herscheizer to the bullpen.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: Oral went on his own correct, same thing with Walker Buehller. Can you believe that's he ran to Yes, he ran out to the bullpen on his own. And when he got there, Mark Pryor called down to the bullpen and got him on the phone and said, what are you doing? What are you doing down there?
Speaker 3: What was the conversation after that?
Speaker 2: And Buehler told him, I told you guys, if things went wonky, I was going to go down to the bullpen. And with Jack Flaherty only lasting and inning plus, things got wonky. And that's when he went to the bullpen and warmed up, and Daniel Hudson told me he was throwing ninety eight in his warm ups and that's how it happened.
Speaker 4: Wow, that is an incredible like eighty eight, just like eighty eight.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's something.
Speaker 4: You know, Oral Herscheires certainly been around the organization a long time. That story reverberates through the organization. Now, Walker Bueller someday is gonna be able to share that and be part of the history of the next generation that comes up and does those things. That's an incredible story. But only David Vessy would be.
Speaker 3: Able to get it. That's great.
Speaker 1: That's because he's on the Team play and today David Vassy live right now on one of the Team Busters, and he'll be there during the parade. David, We've got to cut Saxy loose. He's got a suit on, he's got a toe on, and he's all combed up to make up up right now as he's on with Jim Hill, all at CBS two.
Speaker 3: All powdered up. But I look about what your ring.
Speaker 4: I know I'd never worn him and and and Day never wore your eighty eight ring, never or either, would never wore either one. Really, I just don't, I mean, I just I just don't. Anyway, The point is now that I'm about half is good, No, not half. One tenth is good is what David Vassy looks like when he's all powdered up, right.
Speaker 3: So I'm just trying to trying to get a little tidbit of what you got, Dave. That's all man.
Speaker 2: You are the You are in so much better shape and way better looking than I am, even what twenty years younger than your sax.
Speaker 4: Right, you don't have to come on this Tim is just take the twenty bucks I gave you, David, don't tell me about.
Speaker 3: It, Saxy, Thanks for doing this, man. Thanks, Hey, good luck, David, Thank thanks.
Speaker 2: Thanks for not forgetting the little people like Tim Kates on a big day like today.
Speaker 4: He's out little Believe he's a big He's a big, big fish.
Speaker 3: Now all right, Wow you guys later.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that, Saxy. Uh check him out on CBS too.
Speaker 1: We're live on Instagram live right now by the way on a FI seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: What a morning, Dave.
Speaker 1: This this is starting to get wrapped up even more. I mean, Dodger Stadium is starting to fill up. They'll have the parade on the Dodger Vision here at Dodger Stadium. They've got all the setup in shallow center field right behind second base ready to go, with chairs lined up for all the players and families and dignitaries.
Speaker 3: They've got a stage set up with just a podium. That's it.
Speaker 1: It's a simple podium on a circular blue stage that the players and coaches and dignitaries will all be speaking from. So this is starting to get a little bit of a buzz here. And I know on the parade. Wish we're gonna che check in with Corbyn Carson from KFI in just a little bit get an updated from the parade route. But Dave, the players are starting to trickle on the buses. Are we too soon for that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not yet, not yet. They're starting to hover around the buses here to get ready. And I don't know about you, Tim, but just looking back at this October run for the Dodgers, it does remind me of I hate bringing back the same analogy I used, but I think it went back to the Lakers and their rivalry with the Kings and San Antonio Spurs, and once they got through those teams in the Western Conference, whoever they were going to play in the NBA Finals was just there. And that's how it felt. With the Yankees, right, want to reminded me of the New Jersey Nets when the Lakers completed the three peat. The nets were nowhere near the talented and smart Laker team. That's how it felt when the Dodgers got there against the Yankees. The Yankees, yes they were in the World Series, but they played in a very weak American league and also their road to the World Series, the Royals and the Guardians. Yea was not as tough as the Dodgers, beating arguably the best team not to get to the World Series, the San Diego Padres, coming back from two games to one, and then beating the hottest team in all of Major League Baseball, the New York Mets. The Yankees, as you saw in that fifth inning of Game five, were not a very fundamentally sound team. Yes they could hit home runs, we saw that, and yes Garrett Cole was great, but they were not as good as the Dodgers. And you know, there was a real chance the Dodgers could have swept the Yankees.
Speaker 6: M h.
Speaker 2: It obviously didn't happen, But I just feel like the run the Dodgers had winning ninety eight games, it's gotta go down in baseball history, not just as in Dodger history. Is one of the great championship teams in the last fifty years. Especially with this extra round of playoffs, I think people forget about how tough it is to win a championship now with the extra round of playoffs.
Speaker 1: I think nationally DAVE people look at the Dodgers to say, high payroll, lots of star talent, they should win a championship. But when you get closer to the Dodgers and you watch one hundred and sixty two games and you're rooting for your team, and you realize the guys I'm rooting for this is a different starting pitching staff that looked completely different from opening day with James Paxton no longer there, and you know guys who came in and helped out at different points. You mentioned how many former players could be on this parade route today who made, you know, small contributions to.
Speaker 3: This twenty twenty four team.
Speaker 1: They had to grind and overcome a lot, and I know baseball fans outside of LA don't want to hear that, but they did. They had their ups and downs, the injuries to star players, and you know, the hills and valleys of a slump or one thing on the field, but injuries are a different part of it, and they had to overcome all of.
Speaker 3: That as well.
Speaker 1: But David, you mentioned the fifth inning against the Yankees. I don't think I've ever seen an inning where a team implodes so bad with those kind of mental airs not covering first and the two airs from Volpi and Aaron Judge who had no airs during the regular season and commits his first air in the World Series Game five. I mean, that was an implosion like none other.
Speaker 2: It really was. And you know, you look at the three plays the Yankees in that fifth inning gave the Dodgers six outs. If you think about number one, Aaron Judge clanking that fly ball from Kei Kay, that was a routine catch in center field. The lights did not play a factor. If you go back and look at the replay, you can see his eyes drifting and looking to first base. Number two, the Volpi play. Good play to try to get the runner at third base, but bad execution. I was talking to Jose Viscayno. One of the best, actually world champion Yankee. You gotta throw that ball higher. Volpi threw it in the dirt down to the third baseman. He may have not had his brain in the right place and thought it was a tag play instead of a force play. So that's a mental error as well as a physical error. And then, like you said, Garrett Cole not covering first base. That was just the icing on top of all of it. And those were the Yankees all season long, and for the Dodgers. I know, we talk about the obvious. You know the power that they show, but they are one of the most fundamentally sound teams base running, fielding that is out there. Here's another thing, tim the Dodgers in spring training since day one, opening day, going back to South Korea, they maximize their pregame field opportunities. Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman all the way down to Miguel Rojas and Gavin Lux out there on a daily basis working on throwing, the basis, working to turn double plays. They're working out there with Dino Ebol and Clayton McCullough. What I saw during the postseason was indicative of the envy other teams had. Not only did the Dodgers have the best players, but they had the work ethic of the of the worst player, meaning they would be out there every single day, while the Yankees the Mets, and the Padres the Padres. I take that back. They started doing it, but the Yankees had nobody out there. It was crickets on their field. Wow, when they had the opportunity to work on infield and outfield drills.
Speaker 1: It's the championship team grinding, getting it done, putting in the extra work like the Dodgers did the Yankees come up short in the defense? Well, you can see that they were not up to par the fifth Any David, Let's check in with kfive's own Corbyn Carson. He joins us now from the parade route as a parade will get under way in about forty five minutes at city Hall with Mayor Bass kicking things off. Corbyn, where are you and what does it look like out there?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 7: I'm at Fifth and Flower. This will be the end of the parade. This is the definition of a sea of blue. Dodgers jerseys are everywhere again. I'm at the end of the parade. The fans of line the streets. I'm getting here as early as five in the morning to get a front row seat. You got lawn chairs, tents. Some guy even set up a full complete bar with IPAs and mixed drinks at.
Speaker 2: Eight in the mor Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 7: Fans say they're owed this parade after missing out on the pandemic and waiting decades before that. This fan is from Jose Students in Jose State. He says the whole series was great, but his favorite part in.
Speaker 5: Game five, coming back down from that five zero deficit, that was that was a.
Speaker 6: Great thing to know at the time.
Speaker 5: Day Oh, I was definitely sun I was insted in my seat. We were required for a good like forty five minutes at the start, and then they started closing back and they started getting.
Speaker 6: The glad responsible to us. Moment four. Yeah, we watched we watched the Yankees.
Speaker 5: You know, they started really like Judge started with Judge, you know, miss mat that line drive at center field, and after that it just, you know, it just kept spinally and they they really couldn't get together. And then uh Cole in his air at first date, not getting over that CFC. You know that really that really put Dug a keap hoole fe. They they couldn't come back.
Speaker 6: To this, so it was great to see he was grateful on Yeah.
Speaker 7: I've also been asking fans who their favorite player is of the series. Obviously starting Freeman is leading my unofficial pole, some Walker Buellers, a couple of Mookie Beds. But the two guys from San Jose State, they say they had a different choint.
Speaker 5: You know, I got a just I got to give it to Tommy Edmit. You know, Tommy had been really surprised me I left the way that he played. He played hard, he played good and yeah, yeah, besuys Freddie Freeman. I think Edmonds up there for the MGC.
Speaker 6: I gotta go with Tommy Edmund as he's been a dog he uh fact, we picked him up. I knew he He speech is good and she proved at NLCS and even the world serious as you did there.
Speaker 7: You have the guys I'm waiting for here for that parade, like you said, is about to start at City Hall, run for about forty five minutes, and then in right here at Fifth.
Speaker 3: And Flower, Corvin.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you checking in, and we'll check back in during the parade as well and get an update from Faith and Flower where it's all going to end up there at eleven forty five around twelve o'clock as well, David, you are on the bus getting ready to get the players loaded up. They will head over to City Hall and have Mayor Bass kick things off at eleven o'clock with the parade then coming back to Dodger Stadium for the celebration here on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mary Bass also is at some Dodger games as well, so it was great to see her there and it'll be a great celebration it's City Hall. Now Here's what I was thinking, Tim. There are some characters on this Dodger team. Which one do you think is going to maybe grab the headlines at City Hall? I mean, if you think back to some of these championship parades from years past. You mentioned Tommy Lesorda dancing on the steps of City Hall in nineteen eighty eight, Shaq, can you dig it? In front of the Lakers parade for the first or second championship he got Mark Madson and his awkward white guy dancing. Yeah. So I'm predicting either Kei k Hernandez or Walker Bueller to make the highlight reel over and over again on social media. I think one of those two guys may say something that may grab the social media headlines.
Speaker 8: Yeah or t I tell you, I was just within him on that field, him and our Boston Morton.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Oh there he is, mamn.
Speaker 8: Hey. I was looking all over for you on the field after the game, couldn't find you anywhere.
Speaker 3: You were inside working getting wet.
Speaker 8: I'm out there with all the players and everybody else in the Yankee stadium going where's David Basse?
Speaker 2: I was in the clubhouse with the Trophy.
Speaker 3: Yes you were. I saw the pictures.
Speaker 8: I only wanted to pop on here real quick, guys to say God bless you the two of you.
Speaker 3: You know, they were just talking about Edmund r.
Speaker 8: Edmund's right here standing next to me in the booth and Colin yee. But the two of you all season long have just crushed it for Dodger fans and crushed it for us. I can't thank you enough. The broadcast team was fantastic. Everybody's done their parts, you know, from Nelson to Yeah. I mean, let's also Dwayne that was up here in the bootman Donald all season long. Rick Monday has been with us forever. But dB, this has been just one of the greatest years for me personally to just watch you guys and listen to the way that we bring Los Angeles like you guys will all day today the pictures, I mean, they just need to close their eyes and listen to you, because you guys are brilliant.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you for the opportunity, Boss, really appreciate it. We're all replaceable, so we're very thankful that you chose us to be able to do this.
Speaker 3: Boss.
Speaker 8: Well, you guys have made it so that nobody could ever replace it.
Speaker 1: We've been a part of Lakers parades in twenty twelve and twenty fourteen, Laker parades in the mid two thousands.
Speaker 8: Yes, this is gonna take the case. This would be the biggest thing ever. I was talking to Lawn after the game. I've been fortunate in my career to be there for Bronco parades where a million people showed up out of one point two million in the market. I've watched great runs, Laker runs here, We've seen the Kings, We've seen a lot guys. Nothing, nothing that I've ever done, and no disrespect any of our other partners ever felt like what I just went through in New York. And the reason being is because five games against the Padres, the hottest team in baseball since June, six games against the met the hottest team, second hottest team since June, and then the Yankees in New York.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. Unbelievable.
Speaker 8: I mean, poor David Bassey is so ready for me to stop texting him during games that he's gonna relax starting tomorrow, right DV.
Speaker 2: I mean, who is the steadying, calm voice of reason. Yeah, I mean I feel like I had to calm you down on a nightly not only a nightly basis.
Speaker 3: And you did.
Speaker 8: You're next job for you is psychiatrist.
Speaker 2: I play one on the radio.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you definitely do with me on texting.
Speaker 8: But once again, and thank you to the Brian Blackmore's back at the station that do so much. For everybody that touches this broadcast, and every salesperson that's been a part of this, everybody in our front off this thank you, but also the front office here at the Dodgers. I mean, we are a team together and and this is culminating today, guys, So I just want to take a couple of minutes to thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, I love you.
Speaker 8: Let's have some great parade, Let's have a great celebration. Let Los Angeles know what they're missing if they have to work today.
Speaker 1: That's our boss, Don Martin, everybody vice president of sports and of course seventy LA Sports. We got to take a quick break, DV. We gotta get partners in.
Speaker 2: What does that mean your extension for both of us.
Speaker 1: I think he just mouthed it, yep, contract, yep, Matt just under somewhere between Sodo and Otani is what he just said.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the lovely Ashley Kelly is here. Joe Kelly's beautiful bride. I'm getting a hug. Joe is so jealous.
Speaker 3: Right, don't let jo see you. Don't let Joe see you. Well, step up another bus.
Speaker 2: She wanted to be on the bus with me. Joe's on another one.
Speaker 1: He is David Vassay live on a bus, live inside Dodger Stadium as we lead you up to the parade that starts at eleven, all brought to you by our friends at Yamaba.
Speaker 2: Tam social media. Dodgers are on this social media bus. This is the bus to.
Speaker 3: Be on live on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We'll be back, Tim Kates, David vat Say live at Dodger Stadium. David is live on one of the team buses that will head off to City Hall in just over a half an hour for the start of the twenty twenty four Dodgers World Series Championship celebration, brought to you by Yamava as the Dodgers will then come back to the Ravine, a packed house already starting to fill up here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: David.
Speaker 1: The tickets went on sale yesterday at noon lave me. I tried three different computers to buy tickets.
Speaker 2: You were acting really weird yesterday.
Speaker 1: It could not get tickets. Well, I had a lot of pressure on me David to come through with tickets for people. Could not do it, which was a bummer because the tickets went so quick. Dodger fans bottom all up. They're all starting to get here. Dodger Stadium is filling up. They're showing highlights from the twenty twenty four World Series and the postseason right now on Dodger Vision inside the stadium. What's happening outside by the buses DV.
Speaker 2: Well, I just told you we got Joe Kelly and his live here Sho Hey, O Tani and Yoshi Yamamoto are going to be on this bus as well, among others. And I just saw Walker Bueller. Should I give away what he's wearing today? Should I give it away?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I will, Yeah, this is an exclusive right here on a five.
Speaker 2: Point seventy he is wearing one of Oral Hurt actually the road jersey that Oral Hersheizer war in nineteen eighty eight. No way, So he's tipping his cap to Oral Herscheizer, who has meant a lot to him in his career, and he's going to wear oral Herscheizer's road jersey from the October of nineteen eighty eight. So a tip of the cap from but Tane to the Bulldog.
Speaker 1: What an awesome gesture, I mean, nineteen eighty eight, so special what he did in the same kind of nod of what oral Herscheizer did in the postseason and going down and coming out and pitching in relief as a starter. And now to where Orl's jersey from the nineteen eighty eight World Series is something special.
Speaker 3: We of course brought I.
Speaker 2: Met you Dad, like I mentioned it too to him. I'll say it again when we were talking to Steve Sacks Walker Buehler went to the bullpen on his own, just like Orl Hersheizer went to the bullpen on his own in nineteen eighty eight. There's something special about a player that does that, especially a guy that's coming off to Tommy John Surgeries is a free agent after this parade. That just showed you how much he wants to be a Dodger, how much he wants to stay here, and how much winning a World Series with the Dodgers meant to him. She saved the Dodgers without him, without Keith A Hernan does, they are not celebrating today.
Speaker 1: You mentioned his future, Dave, This means a lot for him, as you mentioned, but he's a free agent, and I imagine he wants to, if possible, try to stay in LA and wear a Dodger uniform forever he does.
Speaker 2: And look, the Dodgers probably start by offering the qualifying offer to him and Tioscar Hernandez. I don't think Walker Dueler is going to accept the qualifying offer because what he did in October certainly raised his value. One October run like that can raise your value. So look, he wants to stay, that's his first choice. He's told me that, But I mean he was looking at possibly getting a minor league invite or something a little bit more than that before October started with the regular season that he had, and he certainly stepped up when it mattered most. And if you go back, here's something else for you, if you go back to that team meeting in Atlanta that Dave Roberts had, Dave Roberts specifically, Oh there. He is a great Japanese. I'm not gonna say American, just a great Japanese Hero, The one and only Yoshi Yamamoto has stepped up to to really take inventory of what's going on on this bus. This is the a bus with his great interpreter and close personal confidant, Hero among with social media Sujo, social media hunter, right here on this bus. This is the number one bus on this parade route. And we're right here. Oh he's twerking already. Nice, Hero's twirking. Let's see what Yamamoto could do. That's gonna be a good time. Everybody's got their fancy new black championship t shirts on, their fancy new championship hats on. Everybody's loading up right now, Tim, and I'm doing a live radio show with you on Dodgers Radio. Nobody has ever done this. Ross Porter never broadcasts from a parade float in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: That's the That's what you get here on a five seventy nine. Only do you get Dodger games. Yeah, you get off season Dodger talk. But when they win in a championship parade like this, in a celebration, you get the best coverage with David Vasse, the Dodger Insider. There's there's Dodger beat Riders but David is the the Dodger insider and he is on one of the team buses with Dodger players. The parade will start in about thirty minutes. The busses will caravan over to City Hall and have Karen Bass, the Mayor of Los Angeles, kick things off, and then the parade route is one point two miles zigzagging through downtown LA pass Bunker Hill and will make its way to the LA Central Library at fifth in Flower.
Speaker 3: We'll have a lot on I.
Speaker 2: Got to do a beer. Check Tyler glassnow's got one in his hand? Is it cold? We're live Dodger. We got technology here Glass, now go. We thought it's just some Yahoo from nowhere. Here. I am broadcasting live on the A bus. This is the A bus. How cold are those beers? Because? Once something? All right? Once you guys crack yours, I'll crack one. Am I allowed to have a beer?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: All right? Thanks?
Speaker 2: Oh I do I do. I can control my alcohol. I can control it. Your professional bets is here. He's looking great. Hey, I'm sorry I missed the family picture. We'll try to do it later.
Speaker 1: Are drinking or Budwiser? I love Mookie Beds for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mookie, we're live. Can you say hi to America? What's going on? America? There?
Speaker 9: He is?
Speaker 2: Oh, look at this glass? Now should I do this right now? Mookie?
Speaker 3: Let's go. Oh what are you? A shotgun? A beer day? What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: This is amazing. Mookie Beds three times, three time world champion. Baby, yeah, maybe we could come up with a handshake on this bus, right, Mookie, give me a couple of beers and I'll come up with something. I'll brainstorm. Oh baby, I love it, Mookie Beds. Mothers across America are gonna be fainting on this parade route. Everybody loves Mookie, especially the moms. They love moving in a nice way and a nice way, wholesome way.
Speaker 3: Wholesome way.
Speaker 1: Of course, Dave Dave is on one of the team buses as the players.
Speaker 2: They want to hit your tastes. Good taste so good. I just had a sift.
Speaker 1: We'll let you enjoy the beer. We gotta take a quick time out. We'll come back. We'll go back out to the bus where David Vess is live. I am live inside Dodger Stadium as a celebration in Southern California is underway. People lining up along the parade route, people filing into Dodger Stadium, and it's gonna be a celebration like no other. Right here on your Home of the Dodgers and FI seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio Network, Tim K David vet Say, Live in Dodger Stadium, You're Home of the Dodgers, A five seventy LA Sports. I'm live inside the ravine as Dodger fans file in. The buses are outside the Dodger Stadium, the players and coaches, some sun flowers starting to load up on the buses. I count multiple busses out there outside of Dodger Stadium. Our own David va Say is live on one of the buses.
Speaker 2: Oh, the bus is getting full. I got the heart and soul of the Dodgers on this bus right now. My guy taoscar Hernandez not long, no, no, no, we got the heart and soul right here. Bobby Ice is on this bus as well. Bobby Miller, Tyler, Glasnew is on this bus. Tommy Edmund is on this bus. We're having a good time. We're having This is the MVP. MVP NLCSMVP. This is a great time, tim It's a great time to be alive in Los Angeles. These guys will never have to pay for another meal again in LA. If you charge Taoscar Hernandez, if you charge Mookie Beds, if you charge Tommy Edmund, you should be ashamed of yourself. When he goes to Mastros, Mastro should get the red carpet out for Taoscar Hernandez. I want the seafood tower for Taoscar Hernandez free at Mastros in Malibu from now on.
Speaker 1: Every single time he walks in, he should be treated like royalty for what he helped this Dodgers team accomplished. In twenty twenty four, we were presented apart by Bank of America, the official bank of the LA Dodgers. Yeah cold, do you probiotic drink of the Dodgers, And of course our friends at Budweiser, this buzz for you, as the beers are already flowing in DV. We heard you last seven talking with Tyler Glass. Now players making their way onto the bus. By the way, does Taoscar have the sunflower seeds the throat of the fans?
Speaker 2: That was my fault. I should have brought the sunflower seeds. He was relying on me to bring them, and I completely messed up. I did not bring the sunflower seeds. But maybe we could figure something out. We could throw other things that fans from here. Yeah, you figure it out. It's okay. You gotta hit a home run to get a sunflower seed, right, You don't get it just by standing on the side of a parade route. You got to run those sunflower seeds. How about his little brother fans, aren't it you love the fans? Tail all right? He loves the fans, he said. The fans have earned the sunflower seats. We're gonna get him on as we get closer to the action of the parade. I don't want to peak too soon. Don't put taoscar Hernandez on a show from a parking lot. Don't put him on from the parade route. And his Poito is here as well, Viva Paz Andy Pa has that's been his brother, and my Dieblo and Mirror Amigo right here, Nuevo and Migaky. He's here too, ready to go.
Speaker 1: David, do these guys know what they're about to do? They know what they're about to face. Do they understand that the city of La in downtown is packed to the brim and they are ready to go to welcome this Dodgers name in the streets.
Speaker 2: No, why you so tired? Tale, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get energy, Dave, we're watching you and Tay.
Speaker 2: He's only been playing for ten months from South Korea to New York. Yeah, he's ready. We're watching millions of people on the parade route. Ta Oscar Hernandez at Jack Flaherty. He's gone old school. He's got like a a handheld camera. He's got an old school camera, ready to go to videotape this. This is just like an appetizer. See right now, the guys are in the parking lot. They don't understand what's going to hit them. Won't we hit the streets of La. All they have is me, That's all they know. Hey, that's all he needs.
Speaker 3: Wait till he kerp, Wait till the curtain day opens up here.
Speaker 2: Three or four year extension for me, four year extension for Teoscar Hernandez. Let's make that happen. Tim, tell Don Martin about that.
Speaker 1: He is looking and he's nodding his head in approval. He will put in the good word with the Dodger Front Office. We are live at Dodger Stadium. I'm inside the stadium where the celebration will come to after the parade that gets underway at eleven o'clock this morning at City Hall. It'll be one point two miles through the streets from Graham Park in front of City Hall on Spring Street. Mayor Bass will kick off the parade. It will make its way down First Street, four blocks to Grand Avenue. From there, the parade will head to Fish Street and end right by La Central Main Library at Fifth and Flower. David Veasse is on one of the many team busses that is getting ready to leave Dodgers Stadium. Dave, are we gonna be able to stay with you as you're making your way through the stadium in the bench streets here of Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Has started, The voter has started arted. John Sue, who's on John Sue, who wants me to say his name? John Sue, who team photographer, is on this bus. So that's when you know this is the a bus. Sue who only wants to be with the stars, Sue who is a photographer to the stars. He wants Andy Paez, he wants Tioscar Hernandez. He wants David Vasse. That's who he wants. How many times do I have to say your name during this broadcast to get a photo with Taoscar Hernandez. All right, John Sue? Who did I I mentioned that he's on here?
Speaker 3: John Sue?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 1: Dodger photographers legend? Oh, my friend, a legend on the team bus to the same one.
Speaker 2: Javid Gin. He need he needs to uh, he needs to publish a book with all these photos.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'd be fantastic. I think about all the years he's been covering in photography. It's photo. Excuse me, the Dodger players, behind the scenes, all the great pictures he must have that Dodger fans would love to see that.
Speaker 3: John Sue?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 1: I saw a special on TV about him recently, David about Dodger photographer John Sueho, what a legend he is and all the access he's had.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's getting right behind the scene picture.
Speaker 2: He's documented all of it. Tim Nice, he's documented all of it and he's ready to go right now. The Taoscar Hernandez was asking him how many cameras does he need? Right now? He's carrying like three right now. Three. He has a bottle of water so he'll stay hydrated. I've got, I've got the I've got. The survey says I like I like Presidente more than what I'm holding right now. Maybe tayl could bring me some Presidente once in a while.
Speaker 1: Watching the Presidente, there's a on you and Tayo and the people around you just having this conversation, which is fantastic. I gotta ask you though, because people are wondering are the players having Is there like a tub of waters and drink for these guys on the buses that they can go to or are the fans gonna have to throw them their drinks from the side of the parade rounde.
Speaker 2: Oh, they gotta throw them now. No, they're here for you. The helicopters are here for you, Tayo. Hold on, I'm gonna just give you the microphone really quick. You're gonna tell people just how much you love them. Just say hello nine times.
Speaker 3: There go Hello everybody, ta oscar. Everybody's having a good time.
Speaker 1: Everybody's having a great time. There are hundreds of thousands waiting for you along the Parye route.
Speaker 3: How excited are you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 10: I'm really really excited for this. I've been waiting a whole callier for this, so I know it's gonna be unbelievable and unforgettable.
Speaker 1: The city of la has embrace you in your season here and hopefully we'll embrace you for seasons more. Unfortunately, David Veasse is sitting right in front of you have to deal with end to your tire parade to Oscar.
Speaker 10: It's okay, I love I say, is one of the best, So yeah, it's gonna be a good time today.
Speaker 3: Is how tired you are right now, Tay Oscar.
Speaker 1: The mental and emotional drain, that in physical drain that you feel today on November first, I imagine it's got to be worth it. Right over the last eight months, starting in Soul, South Korea and now finishing with the paray to Dodger Stadium, everything you've guys.
Speaker 3: Have been through, it just has to be worth it. Yeah, you know, I mean this is what we do.
Speaker 10: This, We play this game because of this, and it doesn't matter what we feel, how how we feel. This is what we want it.
Speaker 3: And you know I love this.
Speaker 10: The pain and the soreness and on my Boddy, it's it's fine, I know, and in a couple of minutes when we get there, it's gonna go away and I'm not gonna feel anything, So no doubt, everything that's happened this year is O.
Speaker 1: Thin, Absolutely, ta Oscar, we appreciate a couple of minutes. It's gonna be a fun celebration. I hope you realize there are one hundreds of thousands of fans waiting for you guys on the streets of La They've been waiting since five o'clock this morning, lining up and they are so excited to see you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know that.
Speaker 10: I know that if they're gonna show the way they show during the season, it's gonna be amazing, so awesome. Nothem too worry about it. Love the fans, love the city of La Lost scene, So it's gonna be a good day and fun.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Tay Oscar, thank you so much. Have a great time. Difference. Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, tay Oscar Hernandez on the same bus with David.
Speaker 2: Let him breathe, Tim let him breathe. We're gonna talk to him on the bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just wanted to see how we see how exciety is.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get it going here. Oh yeah, he's uh, he's warm up right now, just like the engines of these double decker buses are warming up right now. At Griquez is here. Wow, he's ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Hey, he was a big part of this Dodgers in the postseason.
Speaker 2: Some big innings there, weapon, secret weapon out of the bullpen. Yeah yeah, how about Andy pajz Viva pajz.
Speaker 3: Viva Paz day. We gotta take a quick time out. We're a comeback.
Speaker 2: Here is represented in a parade.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we'll take a quick time out, Dave. We'll come back and we'll get more from the parade coverage as it gets closer and closer. David is on one of the team buses. I'm inside Dodger Stadium. You'll be able to watch the parade here on Dodger vision boards. If you're one of the fifty two thousand plus that will be here for the post celebration on the stage in center field. If you're on the parade route, have fun, be safe. The buses are warming up, and we'll get more from the bus and David vast next yere on ANFI seventy l A Sports tim kates Li. I've inside Dodgers Stadium, David Vassa on a team buzz as we have your exclusive coverage of the Dodgers World Series Championship celebration presented by Yamava. Inside Dodgers Stadium. It is filling up. It's going to be a sold out crowd here. When the barade is over, the players and coaches will return to Dodgers Stadium for an on field celebration. David Veasse is on a team bus and they've started the engines and they are minutes away from heading to City Hall to start this twenty twenty four parade. All right, before we check back in with David, let's go out to Blake Trolly KFI reporter Blake is at City Hall where the buses will be in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Blake, Yeah, the.
Speaker 9: Buses are right outside City Hall right now. They're about to be loaded up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 9: I saw some people up on the roof of City Hall, and some of the people on the ground here were speculating that I thought those were members of the Dodgers, and people up on the roof were waving and the crowd was going wild. So whether or not they were Dodgers or not, it was all the same for people on the ground. They were just happy to wave and cheer on the team's fast guys. It's just a fact that, you know, this thing starts in fifteen minutes and people are still I'm at first in Maine and people are still showing up in drove. I mean, there's a full on nosebleed section for the parade itself today.
Speaker 1: How far deep do you think it is on the sidewalks on the parade route?
Speaker 3: Your estimation?
Speaker 1: We've seen two hundred and fifty thousand people at La King's parades and three hundred thousand people at Laker Championship parades outside Staples Center twenty years ago. Is it starting to fill in? Do you expect this to be a big crowd?
Speaker 9: I expect this crowd to be much more than they anticipated, At least I was told some sort of estimate of I don't know, one hundred thousand people.
Speaker 3: Looking more than that crowd.
Speaker 9: It's gotta be more.
Speaker 3: It has to be a lot.
Speaker 11: It's a great day to go to the DMV because I have a feeling the lines are very short today for people looking to capitalize on that. But you know, One of the things that I think is playing into the size of this crowd is not just the fact that they won the World Series, but the fact that they won one in twenty twenty, that they weren't really able to celebrate. A lot of the fans that I'm talking to here today say, look, we feel like this is the first World Series when the team has had in a long time, given that we weren't able to outset a celebration at twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Blake, we appreciate it. Safe out there and we'll maybe check with you a little bit later. Blake trolley from KFI. He has at city Hall.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Well, the parade will start and let us less than fifteen minutes. Tim kats inside Dodger Stadium. David Vase is on one of the team buses that is filling up with Dodger players, one of many team buses DV that's about to make its way in zig Zagna City Hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, I just got the sign that I have to get off from Will Smith. He told me he doesn't want me on this bus, but I'm staying on. Tim No, Yeah, Will Smith said, get the heck off this bus. No, but I'm staying on it. I'm stealing on this bus absolutely, and the buses right now are about to move, Tim, We're about to move out of Dodger Stadium and move to City Hall. The first two bus have moved. We are now moving. I am now a moving broadcast right now. Dodger talk from a parade bus. Who would have ever thought that Dad, Guy Mandy Pie has here at Guardo Enriquez is here. We got Jack Flaherty, we got Will Smith, we got Outani Yamamoto, Mookie Betts. We're all on the same bus here, Tim.
Speaker 1: Dave, I'm watching a live shot from Sports to La of the streets of LA along the parade route in his fifteen twenty people deep of Dodger fans down the parade route. This is gonna be a monstrous celebration in the city of Los Angeles today, starting in just a few minutes. As you guys make your way to City Hall.
Speaker 2: We are now leaving the parking lot. There are Dodger fans that have lined the parking lots to greet the fans here to greet.
Speaker 3: The ope we may have lost David.
Speaker 2: They are celebrating their heroes. They are celebrating their World Series champions. This city is putting their arms around these players.
Speaker 1: Which way are you guys headed out, David? From the parking lot? Are you heading out towards the main entrance on Vin Scully Avenue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. We're leaving the Sunset gate right now. Tim. We got a police escort and the fans that are not in the stadium are getting a front row seat. So if you were here at Dodgers Stadium early enough, this probably would have been your best and closest glimpse at these players on the float.
Speaker 1: Dave, again, how many buses are you surrounded by?
Speaker 3: In which bus number? If you can tell? Are you on.
Speaker 2: We are on the third bus. So you got front office staff in the first one. You got another bus full of front office staff in the third bus. Here with the guys that I have described, Tommy Edman, Shoho, Tani Yoshiyamamoto, Will, Bobby Miller, Jack Flaherty, Teoscar Hernandez, who is enjoying all of it. He's never seen any of this in Toronto and Seattle, only in La Baby.
Speaker 1: Which where are you guys headed right now? Towards City Hall?
Speaker 2: What we stop now? We're waiting for the rest of the bus is to come up behind us. We are gonna go down, probably towards the one ten freeway. Their head onto a Sunset, make a left on Sunset, and head to City Hall that way. But I'm just looking at all these players, Tyler Glass now, who made huge contributions this year to the Dodgers. You know, Gavin Stone is on one of these buses. Let's not forget about Gavin Stone, who made more starts and pitched more innings than any other pitcher on the Dodgers this year as a rookie. You can't forget about guys like that. You can't forget about Andy Potter has and him basically being the starting centerfielder for the majority of the year. I know, October, the players in October and on that stage get a lot of attention, and rightfully so. But there's a lot of guys that contributed to ninety eight wins this year to help them get to win the division and get a bye in LA. So we're heading out of the parking lot right now. Tim, I'm gonna duck right now because Sunset. Get hey, Gate, Hey, get down, guys, get down the sign right here, stay down, Quetta quidado all right, Hu down down down? Oh no oh no, hont down Oh wanderado dot. Oh somebody got hit? Oh no oh no, okay, we're head down.
Speaker 1: We're watching the head going out of Sunset Gat and the sign there. Yes, be careful.
Speaker 2: Hey, if Glassdow stood up, glassnow would have been decapitated. If Glassnow stood up.
Speaker 3: We saw it on TV day. Somebody got by the sign. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta watch out. Keep their heads on a swivel when you're on a parade bus. That's right, Here we go, Here we go. Hey, I saw that coming, Tim. They think I'm the dumbest guy on this bus, but I'm pretty smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just saved the lives.
Speaker 2: Now lead a Dodger stadium right now, and man, hey, Tim, you saw that? Huh?
Speaker 3: I did? Everybody saw it? Dave. You saved somebody's life. That's awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We try to screen backwards there. The bus now is making a left on Stadium Way. We are on Stadium Way and Vince Scully Avenue just leaving the stadium right now, and the fans are cheering them on. It feels like the parade just started. Tim, because so many fans. Uh, smart fans have positioned themselves to be in a great spot to see the players. So now we're headed to City Hall and all as well, no signs that they're gonna Here we go, log you get out of the way. The great John Sue who wants to take a photo? All right, there we go, John Sue, who the great photographer?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The fans that are trying to get into the stadium for the rally are honking their horns. We're now passing the Fire Academy here, man, tim this city. This they had been waiting for this since nineteen eighty eight. Like I mentioned earlier, there are a lot of fans, the majority of Dodger fans out there, have never experienced a World championship for the Dodgers in a parade fashion twenty twenty. Obviously a championship, you can't take that away from that team. But they never got to experience that. And that's what I'm really happy for these guys to be able to be rewarded, just so they know how much the Dodgers mean to this city. This franchise means more to this city than any other franchise in the city.
Speaker 3: Dave, you hit it on the head.
Speaker 1: If you were wanting a good seat for the parade, you could have seen these buses which are going right now along Stadium Way as you make your way out of Dodger Stadium and head towards the one ten Freeway. I mean, you could have got a close up glimpse of these guys on the team buses as it makes its way towards City Hall. Mayor Basketball King things off with a message there and then the parade will get going down to First Street, four blocks to Grand Avenue. From there, head to Fifth Street and inding at Fifth and flour We'll have exclusive covers right here all day long. As David Vassa is on bus number three of this caravan of championship buses that makes its way from Dodger Stadium to City Hall.
Speaker 3: We'll come back.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Tim, Pinch me moment, Tim to be on this bus with these great players, with such a great team. This team will go down as one of the greatest teams in Dodger history.
Speaker 1: Tim Kates David vass Are exclusive cover presented by Yamavah continues here on Anti seventy LA Sports. The celebration continues from City Hall next on Anti seventy, LA Sports and the iHeartRadio network.