Speaker 1: The Dodgers and Angels closing out the Freeway series and we're joining right now. A Dodgers shortstop, Miguel Rojast. Miguel, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it anytime.
Speaker 2: Man always here for you.
Speaker 1: I know you are, and you were here for the Dodgers last night too in a number of different ways. Tenth thinning, go ahead base sid and I'm still amazed that you scored all the way from first base on that Otani tripple. Did you believe it was going to be in play for that much time or did you feel like it could be stuck under the wall?
Speaker 2: No idea. I was just paying attention to the third base and when I saw him waving, uh, I felt like I have to have to finish and I have to get to home play. That's that's always important, you know, scoting, scoting early in the game, especially after being down one nothing. Got the opportunity to get back in the back in the board and especially show he you know, hitting anytime he can put a ball in the gap. You always ready for for that situation. So for me, it wasn't he wasn't as hard as you saw it from from home. There I was ready to score. And when the you know wave wave me home, I was ready to score.
Speaker 1: We were all amazed by the sellout crowd being mostly Dodger fans here in Anaheim last night. Could you feel the energy at shortstop and when you came to the plate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely seeing this whole part like this, especially for the day, Like yes said, I show her returning after his last year here. It was a special to see all the fans, you know, carding this wole part and give us the extra energy that we need, especially after coming from that series in Arizona. We didn't expect to be like this crowded for this series. But I mean, great, great example of and why the Dodgers fans are the best in baseball. I think they traveled really well. We all know we're here in LA but uh, they always do the same. They always support their team. They always cheering, cheering you on and giving you the extra motivation and extra edge that you need to win games.
Speaker 1: I've resisted the temptation of asking you guys, what it's like behind the scenes to be teammates with Otani, But since we're at this stage of the season, he's chasing history. He's having unselfish at bats. What has it been like being teammates with him this year.
Speaker 2: It's been amazing. Everything that you see every single day is uh is pretty much what you get. You know. The guy always come to the field prepared to play a baseball game, which is really unbolia, regardless of him getting ready to pitch next year and recovering from an injury. And UH, actually like I'm you know, like he's a pitcher too, so he have to do his work for for the pitching side. But anyways that that's not affecting him on what he needs to do. Plus all the attention, international attention. We went overseas to Korea. He treated people over there really gray and he handled stuff like in an amazing way. And I think it's such a professional and for us teammates is a privilege to uh to colurself like teammates of Sholtani, one of the best players I ever gonna play this game.
Speaker 1: I know Miguel Rojas and the Dodgers have a lot more season to play, but your season has been amazing. You started the year helping Mookie Bets learn shortstop. You waited your turn here. You are not missing a beat. How have you been able to do this from start to finish.
Speaker 2: I think what you mentioned for me, helping Mookie with a new position and trying to get in comfortable at shortstop kept me kind of going and keet me motivated to keep working every single days. As a utility guy is a little bit different. You know, when you don't play it every day, you have to do stuff to keep your body able to be ready if if your name is called and it happens, you know, in the worst possible way, Mookie got hit by pitch in the hand and he have to be down, so in that time kind of you know, I was happy that I got the opportunity and I was happy that I was producing for the team so they don't feel like they miss anything a shorttop or fensively or defensively. And I'm I'm extremely happy and proud of the way this season has been going because I work my ass off in the off season and I worked really hard, went to Venezuela, played some games a Winner Bowl, and that helped me to to come to sprint training prepare because I know my role would be changing a little bit. But here we are now trying to to trying to find a way to win a championship, and I'm I'm centerpiece, playing short stop every day and I hope I can catch us out of the World Series too, So that's that's my goal right now.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful game when it pays you for being patient and being a team player, like Miguel Rojas has been. Thanks a lot for the time, and like I told you last night, you're a problem too.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. I'm looking forward to continue to do what I'm doing, and hopefully the team can clinch the postseason birth that's the first goal, and then after that go deep in the pole season.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. We'll be with you all the way. Thank you for the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you.