Speaker 1: If you're a fan of everything we do here at four finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the Forefinger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcast, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash four finger Discount.
Speaker 2: You're up, Braley, sleep, what's wrong? There was no burglar. I accidentally burned up the tree in the presence. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 3: You four finger Discount dude.
Speaker 1: Welcome to four figure Discount a special classic review. It is the classic review of December, and of course it's going to be the Christmas episode Miracle on Evergreen Terrorist. I'm dwand O and Guy. Now, I've always seen this episode right as the true Simpsons Christmas fash Besides the pilot right now, it's like a Christmas special in itself. But March being up proud, I think is the best Christmas episode. But Simpsons are thunder Pilot's great, so obviously might have been up Proud is the market it's called shoplifting. It's a great story. It's got the really emotional ending. This one here, whilst it's not so much not as funny, I don't think as much being up Proud it is not the better story. I just think it feels more like a Springfield story wherever the whole town's involved, and we've got there. It's a wonderful live parody and titles of player on on thirty fourth Street. It just feels like a Christmas because March. Being up Proud feels like a very special episode of The Simpsons, as we say here at four figure discount, where you shouldn't shop with kids. You know you're learning your lesson, you meet your mum disappointed. This one here is just it's the Simpsons spring for at Christmas time. That is correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, having said that much, Being not Proud does have the line by me bone storm and go to hell. It does indeed so advantage that episode.
Speaker 1: It's not always advantage that episode, always advantage that episode. I know I much prefer because I think this episode here I would say has my least favorite Simpsons moment of all time. Oh my gosh, from the Golden you know, like this black moments and the teens what not. But and maybe it's because I remember I've mentioned it before. I remember being on the TV and my mum seeing it and just being just like what is this and going, you're right, yeah, that was. It's when the two kids from the orphanage get called free loaders and come back when you get some parents. I thought that's just really mean, mean spirited. I don't see how they ever thought that was funny. It just felt so, it just feels so it just stands out, particularly particularly for a Christmas episode. Yeah, yeah, one that's.
Speaker 4: It does have a bit of a dark I want to go so far as a nasty sense of humor all the way through it.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's cynical this episode. It is kind of cynical.
Speaker 4: I mean, even though you've rearded the status quo, by the end, it's like, oh, you know, the legends been even out. You know, we don't hate you anymore, but we'd take we did take all your ship. Even though it ends on a very nice note of like, well the family doesn't have it anymore. But they're still They've still got each other, and you know they're still having fun by playing keep you off with the It's not keep you uppy, is it keeps off? Hands off, whatever it is with the face washer or the handtowel or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Blue, by the way, number one show on Disney. Blue's doing all right, Blue's doing fucking incredible, the number one showing the world. Man, I know, I am using the art of unbelievable. And we get on that before the none thought it was cool jo Joff What a legend he was, That's right. Yeah. Even our review of the songs in the Key Springfield Simpson's album with the musical producer of Bluey Joff Bush, check it out if you haven't done it so already. He was a cool guy. He was a very cool guy. Indeed, yes, you just need to get him on the show again in the future. But speaking of the music, I particularly love the score of this one. When the tree is melting, it just threw out. It's still the classic Simpson's scorn, but it's tweeked to sort of just really emphasize the moment. I thought, particularly when the trees melting it. It's so good.
Speaker 4: I think they also were clever in making Bart not the villain of this or the bad guy this. But it's his actions that sort of said it all in motion, because you know, it's something you'd expect from Bart. He's young enough, rash enough, impulsive enough, mischievous enough to sort of do something. Of course child, Yeah, of course he's going to go down and check out his presence early and that kind of thing, and yeah, be a little careless and that kind of stuff. But as he said, also a child, of course, so he's gonna want.
Speaker 1: To cover it up. You're going to forgive him lying about it a bit more than you would and because he doesn't want to be the guy that ruined Christmas for his family. It's the scene that looks on their faces that goes, oh, because he was about to tell the truth and he goes, I can't do this. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Somehow get the feeling like I could be way wrong here, But it feels like in if you entered, if you went out of classic Simpson's goal near a Simpsons or whatever, I do. I get the feeling I might have Homer doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Bart was being selfish here, but Homie would be doing it, it would feel more crass. I feel like if home It was doing it for sure, like what It's almost like he knew it could happen and he still still did it. Anyway. That's the kind of thing that hom It would do in the teeniar of the Simpsons. And I think that's what the most important element of this story is that Bart does all this and it's because he makes the self decision. But it was an accident. He doesn't mean to brush it down. He was just being a kid anyway. Oh oh, so he did the wrong thing and these were the repercussions. Yeah, and I like that, you know, the family forgives him. I mean, he could have done this at Christmas morning when everyone was still.
Speaker 4: There, that is correct. Yeah, yeah, I mean no, I like that he was figured the moment eventually. I mean there's the initial of cause anger and that kind of thing, but then they rally around their little guy when everyone else starts turning on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And that's the message here is The message overall is at least we've got each other. So even though it doesn't seem that way because it starts off, I thought it's it's quite clever in the way. It's in the sense it starts off with material. We're going to the shops and Christmas Eve, we're doing all the shopping. Everyone's out buying toys, blah blah blah blah blah, emphasizing what toys we're getting for Christmas. By the end, it's who cares about the toys with each other and we're chasing each other having fun with this rag. I'm pretty sure they're still thinking who cares about the toys? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, but they've found a little light in the darkness they have indeed. Yeah, it's just a sweet ending. It is. Although this was a teen era episode of The Simpsons, I feel like I would critique the ending more because I'd go, so, now they've got no possessions anymore. I've never questioned it until I did this, and I went, so, how do they get their shit back? Yeah? I was thinking about that. You wouldn't that an insurance either, Although.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, couldn't you just call the cops? And then you realize the cops are.
Speaker 5: My favorite?
Speaker 1: What's your favorite moments from the episode.
Speaker 4: It's going in order throughout the episode. I'm going to say not a bad scam by home pretty.
Speaker 1: Good before that practical. I've always loved the car park right because it's being a jerk, but it's one of those things where who among us have arrived to the shop to pick up a peace or something and chips, and it's like, oh, the handicapped spots the only one left. Let's run the numbers here.
Speaker 4: What are the chances that someone with a sticker on their car is going to be showing it? But this exact moment, my pizzas ready, we got.
Speaker 1: To run in. We've all done it. I've got a limp in, yes, but what the best thing is, Yeah, the way it's not just he limps in, he parks across three of them, that's so good. I mean unnecessarily parks across three.
Speaker 4: I think it speaks one thing about our acceptance of golden age Simpsons that we're kind of going, oh, this is not jerk out Simer, this is just Homer. Yeah, And we're almost will project our own flaws and and faults onto him because like, as we said, who among us, whereas I think it's the limb too. You jump, you jump ahead ten seasons and he does that and we're like, ah, this fucking guy.
Speaker 1: But I feel like in the in the in the teen year he would say something like, screw those guys. I'm just as you know, I deserve as many benefits as they do. Say something stupid, where this was just suddenly pass across three spaces and the limp, Yeah we'll go been there, Yeah, yeah, but the scam is good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's sort of stretches credibility a little bit, but the same I was like, I admire your moxye Homer Simpson. Uh, a very mo line like you don't want to blame the breakdown of this on society.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a George stand alone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like the classy burg hooks for hands, hooks for hands, sack suck with a and the and the costume needed a band mask, and like the stripey sweater the Hamburger. Marge had a great throwaway line where Krusty is just referring to, as we said the other day when we were like, what do we call money.
Speaker 1: Bread or dough anymore? That's great, should do that.
Speaker 4: And then of course Krusty just uses all these antiquated terms where well, if you mean the money, I didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 1: That very I thought you would have loved Brockman in this just the hustle of getting the story. Oh, this is terrible for grief, But what did you say that the end? He is this out stanks them all. Thanks so much. Is a great story. Uh and probably my.
Speaker 4: Favorite part of this episode. I really liked the song over the closing credits.
Speaker 1: It was great, wasn't it. Yeah, it really captured the moment.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, Now I was looking for it in the actual credits of the show credit. I didn't see it in there. So I went to the Internet, which we have provided, and Wiki didn't come through this time. Wiki did not come through, but other parts of the Internet did. I didn't rely on AI your Google some of these days, and it's got your AI stuff at the time, like scaring me a bit. I'm going I want my Internet handcrafted. But the song is actually it's called Santa's on his Way and is by a bend with a great name, Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys, so.
Speaker 1: And so and so and so. I love that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're we're.
Speaker 4: Getting a lot of work in before Christmas here at the full Finger disc and Industries, and we're recording two episodes back to back today, which is whose Futurama's time keeps on slipping? As I like to say, Yeah, by the Steve Miller band. I always love it that you're like, y know, you've got a bunch of guys together. What's your band called the Steve Miller Band? Everyone's the background, Fuck you, Steve.
Speaker 1: There's five of this, Guard Davis and the fingers. Next question, you there eating the paste? All right? Trivia time. My first question for you is you're talking about homer scam? But which register does he open? It opens register nine, number nine, number nine, number nine, speaking numbers? How many glasses of water does but drink? As I drink a glass of a quarter, it would be twelve. It was indeed twelve. Yeah, it's funny. A lot of these classic episodes. I just it's just so instilled in my brain because we just watched them over and over again. What does Homer get for Christmas? What was he going to get? A question designed just for you? That's right, it's Cajun one of my questions actually as well. Yeah, for little Homer keygens. I actually I wanted to point out too, I did love the that's Mago I love you, Marjorie.
Speaker 4: I guess I always knew that her name was Marjorie. For some reason, I thought it was I didn't think it was Margaret. But then do you think Maggie is short for Marjorie as well? Because the margan will be Maggie is usually short for mate.
Speaker 1: Have said her name. I'm pretty sure Maggie is sure. What is Maggie Simpson's real name? And so have a look Margaret Lenny Simpson. Yeah, all right, you just asked me a question. I'm going to ask you one. How tall was flanders Christmas tree? Thirty foot? He's got thirty Wow? What does it say on Moe's tip jar marchadis It was just a nice moment for Mo, just like, yeah, given the whole given the whole jar. Yeah, it was just a nice Springfield moment, wasn't It was like this this town. They're always at odds, but when something goes wrong with one of them, they come together.
Speaker 4: Well that's the very It's a wonderful last night. I mean, that's that's a direct end of the movie. That's a direct lift. Yeah, I mean I think either Mo or someone else is literally rest like Jimmy Stewart's brother. Yeah, from that scene. Can I have to watch It's a Wonderful Life again soon? Just my big brother, George, the richest man in town.
Speaker 1: I think I've asked you three questions, but I'll find one more for you, because why not? I like this episode? Really not asking you one? Did we asked me the last one? Go for it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, what are the names of those two orphans?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: That is poor Violet and Patches? Well you mentioned up at Christmas Carol? Yeah? Someone else who is watching that apparently for the first time. Yeah, I could not believe it. Flabberg acid. Someone say, is can we call him our new miror uo stonecutter? Well, we have it at number one is but she's very near the top. Okay, yes, she had number one of all of the stonecutters we have here. But the number one stonecutter of for figure Disco, I don't even know who it is yet. Oh, no one, No one knows he's the number one stone cutter, who's a fourthing a discount yet it shall be revealed in due time. I don't know. We're actually ranking them? What does this mean? So on the Patrion group, we have a list of people and by the order in which they joined the Stonecutters. Kay, okay, do I get to read them out again? This time? I enjoyed doing it. This, Oh, go for it. First of all, we're talking about our teddy g lovely. We're talking about watching up Christcer for the first time. And Andrew support.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, sir, Thank you very much, ANDREWR. The Marley Brothers of the network are Zac Breud and Andrew, Swanny, mix One, Ziggy and Bob.
Speaker 1: Damien and Stephen.
Speaker 4: Shoutouts to those people, but also shout outs to the following folks. Paul Warner, Isabella Murphy, Jonathan Rossi, Reached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean dB Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dental Flood, Shannon Hofer, Bell and Winder Bang, Jack McFadden, Heath applebe Adric McLeod, Lewis Cavanagh, Mark Trelivan or tra Levin. We're still working on that. Rhys Roberts, Ginger, also Pickle Preston Murray, Taliah Enriquez, Jake Mussado or Macado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Ridenzeg, David Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lang, Damian Miller, and Charlie Joe.
Speaker 1: It was nice. I got to play the guy Davids Rollie right, just tune out for thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: I'm always paying attention to. There's a whole bunch of other names here. Do you want to mention that.
Speaker 1: They're just upgrade? They're the one's in the month. Yeah, all right, Dan, I can now have his laptop, having the laptop back. Thank you so much, guys for you sport here at the fourth thing, your discount network. We do appreciate. And remember if you have joined up this month and you're on the five dollar plus tire but not a stonecutter tear, then you get your name with it at the end of the month. Yeah. Down it.
Speaker 4: By the way, looking at your laptop, I mean, if you are going to visit adult sites, you know, like buy American, I think if you can go that far, you into Eastern Europe, you know you're just gonna with Malwin those things anyway.
Speaker 1: He's cutting that bit out, all right. So let's get into our review of Miracle on Evergreen Terrorist's original air date it was December twenty first, ninety seven. I like that. I love it when close to a wonderful Christmas tame yes, and it's when it airs just around about the right time of the holiday. Written by Ron Hage Hey h a U g e hey cage h A g u E. Yeah, well h a U g e how al hal Calje directed by Bob Anderson as well and guest starred Alex Trebeck in Jeopardy. I did see a funny clip. I've seen it before, but I've forgotten about what happens. It was like the second episode of Jeopardy that Alex Trebek ever hosted, and the question was at the end, now they do the question, they gamble what they bet and they.
Speaker 4: To quote Bruce Willlison die, how would you like to go for double Jeopardy where the schools can really change?
Speaker 1: So the question was what date? What was the date that the twentieth century started? What was What's your answer? January first, nineteen oh one. Yeah, that's correct. Everyone wrote nineteen hundred. Why is it nineteen oh one? Because when the year two thousand started, we said we're in the new millennium.
Speaker 4: Because I think when you start counting numbers, you don't start at zero. If I said, you count to ten.
Speaker 1: So the year two thousand wasn't it's still the twentieth century then yeah, I mean I think this is where you get kind of banantic. Yeah, because everyone bet all their money, so no one had any money left at the end of the night, all right, yeah, even not the champion. He was like, you had nine thousand and five hundred dollars. You gambled at all? Would I would have beat the house out of that? Yeah, but yeah, it's it's it sounds weird. I mean people the crab were feurist too, because he's just like, well, thanks for watching someone. The guy in the crowds like, what's the ancident? It was like, yeah, yeah, what's the ear is? It's like, don't sell me. I'm picturing those angry New Yorker's in spier. Man, you messed with one of us, He messed with all. They weren't happy and everyone's because when they go the first guy goes nineteen hundred, and that is incredib whole grade goes Wait what now, I don't know what to think. Yeah, yeah, I just but as you said, when we get to thee two thousand and said we're entering the new millennium on the year two thousand, which was the two thousand January first. So how could generally does it make sense? I know what you mean. Is it a technicality thing because we all said we're entering the new millennium at the year two thousand.
Speaker 4: I think it's one of those it's almost like a print legend thing where.
Speaker 1: These people lost money. Yeah, I'm sorry, no, no, no, no, no, that's for the two thousand things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's very much. Well, it's a nice round way to sort of like start over. Yeahinetek ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Fields, what did you feel like we're entering the new millennium? So I certainly did so. If a movie is made in the year two thousand, is it a twentieth century film? No, I would refer to as a twenty first century film. But it's not, though. Yeah, that's just ridiculous. I know, right, that's so stupid.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those sort of lies that we universally agree upon. Well not even a lie, but just it's very much we're actually, you know, the twenty fifth century. Sts Like I said before, it's like when you're still counting, you don't count.
Speaker 1: It, you just watch it's worth. It's always like autro back when he's calling them out for it's like, oh God, one way is ain't gonna be doing? That's the Jeopardy music. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've never really got into Jeopardy. I'n gole Darren like Doug, he he's always loved it. Whenever you go to Darren's place, he Doug was always watching it, but I never I think I quite got it. Did we do a local version of it? We did local? Yeah, because we've done We've a low get this where a fortune? Yeah? I know. I saw it on templane. I was like, oh, we'll fortune straight up. But I'm like, oh, Graham Norton's hosting. How's he still doing his show? It doesn't make sense. Yeah, it's hosted by Graham Norton from the UK. It's filmed in the UK, but as branded as a strike funk off, but it's got Australian expats on it. It is the and it is so bad? Is it so?
Speaker 2: Now? It is?
Speaker 1: Every time they spin the wheel and because we watched the American wheel fortune occasional Nick or night and they offer one hundred thousand dollars every time for a cash prize. Every price posy you win in like five ten grand. Like people leave of like five ten grand is a minimum, right, Some people live like thirty forty fifty, one hundred plus it's like one hundred dollars, one hundred and twenty dollars, one hundred and three the jackpot. The jackpot is five hundred in the States, it's five thousand. I spent that much to get here. Yeah, And but every time the wheel goes around before I get ss, the end of the crowd goes oh. And it's like that got old after the second spin. Oh dear, it's so bad. It's once a week, goes for an hour and never watch it.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to Yeah, I don't recall if Australia ever did its own version of Jeopardy one. Now we've borrowed a whole bunch of formats from all over the world.
Speaker 1: You nice is right, absolute banger, absolut Arry mda mate. Oh yeah, that guy. I don't know if we're doing what a lord this episode, but a lord, let's do it? What not, Larry, he's got a logo this year, finally, finally, last year whatever, I think it was this year. But yeah, so we did prices, right, we did a fortune, obviously we did. What else did we do? Phrase I believe was maybe a UK show to catch Hollywood squares, but we called it something different, Celebrity Squares. Yeah, blanks like blanks. Was that an American show? I believe so might have been. It was because they'd make a joking Will and Grace once you're mocking blankety blanks. Yeah, yeah, Greg Kennedy, what a lord? That guy's a lot. Anyway, let's get into the roof, shall we.
Speaker 4: Stop loading it up? And yeah, talking about the well we're talking about this in the first place.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. So the chopboall gag is Rudolf. Rudolph's red nose is not alcohol related, and the couch gag is the Simpsons shake up a snow globe which contains the Simpsons sitting on the couch. And then first and second I'm not sure what that's referring to. First, maybe it's the first time and the second time the Simpsons run to the living room only to notice that everything has been stolen, which includes their couch. Maybe the second time they aired it. This one, he had the snow globe, right, I believe so? Yeah, which is I guess it makes sense if you've seen the episode's got no catch anymore? Yeah, yeah, Anyway, if you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger disc yeah, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the four Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash fourth Finger Discount. So the episode kicks off with the fam mustay the family of the family, just the parents driving to the supermarket. Oh, like I said, the apartment store. I should say, is it the Try and say what was it? Try and say, Try and say what's Try and say You have little reference to March being not proud. The heater in the car is not working. He always leaves the Christmas shopping to Christmas Eve because he craves the hustle and bustle we all do until we don't until we get there.
Speaker 4: How many times have we said recently in the lead up to Christmas, like, I mean, I'd sent you that yeah video the other day, that sort of synthwave soundtrake of just more footage from the early nineteen nineteen and we're like, oh, people interacting with down, isn't it gordous? Not long after I did that, I went to the supermarkets, like, this car park's too fucking full, all.
Speaker 1: These people, everything's crammed in there. That car of the coals, Yeah, worst car park design in the history of car parks. We've always said, kind of been getting two cars, can't get in and out at the same time.
Speaker 4: That true, Yeah, look pros pros of that coals, pale guy of coal, the car, everything else prices to mention, these coal still has ship on the shelves. Were we just being grouches and talking? Were we recently talking about it going to walls and Soviet Russia or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Terrible? Yeah, not good, but they have it parks across the three handicaped spaces, and he says Sandy's got a little trick of his sleeve. And as he takes the control of Registered nine, everyone comes through because it's all busy, and he just takes everyone stuff. But at least he puts money in the cash. He doesn't steal it, he pays for it. He screws over the customers, but at least he paid for the stuff. Well, imagine if Arland was there and he had he actually got his turboe man, furious, furious. I saw a clip on social media this week. I need to re watch Kindergarten Cop because I forgot about the scene where Arnold beats up the abusive father. That's right, what a lord. And the best part was the principals was like to hit the son of a bitch and you're like, nice work, Detective John Kimball or whatever his name is. Yeah, good movie boys, Penis girls have vaginas, that's anything that's that kid got canceled.
Speaker 6: He really.
Speaker 1: That's not inclusive, but it's now been disneyflis the warning at the.
Speaker 4: Start warning Arnold smokes cigar and some kid, I don't know what to say about it has thoughts about gender expresses, gender opinions.
Speaker 1: Yes, so the kids are now watching a fireplace on the TV in front of the actual fireplace. It's just I thought they captured this Christmas eve vibe here. It's like Mum's making some cookies, so she's made Christmas tree for the girls, bloody spear heads for Bard. The kids are excited it's Christmas time. Why the presents are already out is beyond me. I know my cousins used to do this. They have They put the presents out three weeks before Christmas and they're sitting there and I'm like, Santa's supposed to bring them, okay, building anticipation. Apparently they go these times from Rom and Dad and then a few extras from Santa would arrive on Christmas. You've got to be You've got to be on your game when it comes to that kind of thing. I think as a kid, I preferred the idea of there's nothing there when you wake up, it's.
Speaker 7: Like whow where this is all going wrong?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I was like the idea of like it's a preview of coming attraction, Like holy shitt, look at all this stuff. I'm the talking shit. You do do do do do do. But there's a nice animation here just holding up the cookie of the tree brings it down. And this here, I never realized this watching it. Time's past mentioned how the previous tree was aluminium, aluminum for the people in the States, but now they've got a plastic one. To explain, white just melts. It's a set fire to the house. Why didn't set fire to the car? But because Nicholas like, why, I've been in the house, and I was like, you get a point, just sort of melted like the Wicked Witch. But yes, it's now plastic. And they hear the sounds outside. Could it be? I thought, such innocent childlike, what would you call wholesomeness? But no, it's Homer putting lights upon the house. The one thing I will say about this, you know shows in the lights, it's craptacular. Well, one takeaway was what I mean, So how mus putting lights up on Christmas even at night? What's the point?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And as soon as we've done recording today, once I've taken care of other business, I'll be getting out with my little step ladder and my hammer and my thing of nails and putting up a little thing.
Speaker 1: It's a little string of lights, sour solar powered Christmas lights. Oh a nice one, I really do. I rarely do that, but I don't know. I'm feeling.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's my off on you. It is, so stop rubbing off because you're just like, bah, that's an hr issue. You're rubbing off of me. No, but it's true you are.
Speaker 1: You're very Christmasy, and yeah, I get the feeling. I've got no Christmas lights, so I keep saying I'm going to but okay, do you toashing them to bricks? And then it's like taking them down again? And I wouldn'tight happen to just g I'm rubbing off on you inflatorable stuff at the front where you can sort of have stuff into the ground, but playing it to the house it's like, oh, this requires it. I know the kids would love it. So I feel like I'm going to do it. I feel like we're going the way to Melbourn. We're going to way to melb We're going to Melbourne this weekend to watch actually Home Alone with the orchestra, and the kids are coming with us because Alie came with me to see my Christmas car a couple of years ago, and the kids both love homolone. It's the home alone one. I always prefer ham Alone two, but we go to hamelone one with the orchestra. Should be great hereing that score. And it's the first time the kids have ever stayed at a hotel, so they're really excited to stay at a hotel. How get on some room service. Yes, we're going to Yeah.
Speaker 2: August pocus mucus pugas. My powers of deduction tell me you're getting a handmade sweater, possibly yellow. Mom, Magan stuff.
Speaker 7: Bart put down that yellow sweater. Nobody's going near their presence until seven o'clock tomorrow morning, seven am, no earlier. And you can't set your alarm clocks because I got them for once. We're going to celebrate Christmas as a family.
Speaker 1: Hello, anybody, bar is now drinking twelve glasses of water because he wants to stay. Wants them to wake him up to go to the toilet so he can get up early. Lisa mentions the Indians. Yeah, native American. That's went now Referrington. But back in first people's yes seven, they were still referred to as Indians, including the baseball team, which are now no longer there. The other Redskins weren't they I believe? So, yes, what are they now?
Speaker 2: What are the.
Speaker 1: Redskins changed to? Were the Chiefs? The Washington name? Washington Reskins became the Washington Commanders. Okay, Washington Redskins. Our football team changes into the Washington Commanders. What about the Cleveland Yeah, Cleveland Redskins with cheap Whoo literally his name chief a Chief Wahoo. What's his name? I believe? So the Cleveland team is now the Cleveland Guardians. Good times there with the going through the Galaxy films takes some money out of that, so then we get a really cool dream sinking. So don't we hear we do? Yeah? Just the various. I think it's another one of those moments where I didn't quite get it as a little kid, and as a g I was like, oh's you got the hose that the outpham with the trunk, the fireman with the hose and go go go PPP wakes up and I love this. How good is it when you know you have to get up for something and he set the alarm and he's still have that element of oh god, I hope I still wake up. And you wake up and it's like, oh, I've done it. I've gone up in time. All This morning actually worked for me. It was relatable because my alarm was set for seven thirty to get out of bed because the kids like having breakfast. I got baken from went back to bed, and I was like all right, and seven thirty alarm went off and I was like, oh, just no ten minutes and then I wake up and it was like quarter to eight. I can't work up. I was like, oh fuck, go fall asleep and learn court date. And I was like, okay, it's okay, it's okay. Yeah, but wait, I do like waking up if I've had a good night's sleep, waking up early, hearing like the magpies outside seeing the sun. It's awesome. Oh yeah, I'm trying to do it more and more.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm sending my alarm for six fifteen these days, and I was up at about six fifteen this so it's.
Speaker 1: Great, especially when it's coming to summer. It's warm already. Yeah, the world's nice and quiet. That many cars out in there. It gets like eight thirty nine am. And that Church Street near where you live is heck, dick, sure is yeah? Not good at all? Yes, So Marge so yeah, So he goes downstairs, but goes downstairs and he opens up the letter from Aunt Salomon, got some cash there. Then he finds the letter from Santa and that's exactly what he's looking for. The lead of the present sorry, and it's the inferno Buster three thousand. I love toy toy names buster and he I knew Sander wouldn't have time to check that list twice as a good line, and he plays with the toy, accidentally starts the fire by squirting the water onto the powerpoints, cause it to all mauled down very over loud loaded the PowerPoint one. Yes it was indeed, yeah, classic Simpsons and melts down the tree. March think she heard a noise, but the snores she quiet this noise listen, n at off and Bart buries it outside. This reminded me. Have you had a moment where you've you're trying to hide something before anyone else finds it? So for me, though, this reminds literally honestly reminded me of when I was a closer to wet the bed till I was like twelve, right, I remember staying at my NaN's place. I slept on the couch and I wet the beaver on her couch. I spent like all mourning trying to like clean it and scrub it. And she's like, what are you doing? Like I was like so sad. She's like, you could have just told me, and I was like, oh, no, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I have more incidents like that in my past, and I can recall right now. But the body is the one that springs to minds.
Speaker 7: What where's Christmas? Yes, sir, where's Christmas?
Speaker 2: Bike? What were you doing outside? I don't know how to tell you this, but I came down a little early, and well I saw a burglar and he was he including the drink?
Speaker 7: How could somebody?
Speaker 3: I know, we skip church.
Speaker 1: I've always loved Homers. Where's Christmas? Who designed his house? Where's Christmas? With the hose? Who designed this house? But yeah, so just the clearly Bart was going to tell them sesel looks on their faces can't break their hearts. And so he says that he saw the burglar. So then we have the police taking all the details and the glass eye, wooden legs, scar on his cheek, anything unusual looks for hands? Yeah, the convict shired on a sack of the Dollar's ligne classic burglar and Lou knows are never going to catch his guy is the joke kid that Lou knows he's lying because he goes, we'll catch him and he goes cheef. So is it that he's saying clearly he's making it up, or is it that he's so your typical burglar that would now have no chance of catching them? It could go either way. Could Yeah, the first one makes what makes more sense for the episode that he doesn't know that he's lying, because why else would they be donating money? Yeah, good point, but yeah, that makes sense. But he says, all right, kids will no easy way to say this. God hates us and says I'm forgetting the true meaning here the birth of Santa and it's not about material things. List suggest we should go walk down to the old folks home. As they walk past the Flanders house, and he's got a unicycle and the kids of a pony. They pretend to have new cross cross country skis right, which from the first shot works because they're hut behind behind like a snowpile. But when the Flanners are looking at through the window, there's no snowpile in front of them. You just see their feet, like, is that an anime error? Yeah, it's bizarre. That feels like a did you see their feet and it's like it feels like a glitch. Yeah, it's odd. The Hibbits now have snowmobiles. Not as fun as it looks. Nothing could be as fun as that looks. This was also awesome. So Mealhouse has the tickle to be crusty. Don't put your finger in the whatever, you can get your finger out of there. But the snowball hitting it, and it's Homer's fun. The old folks, though, unfortunately for the Simpsons, are all happy because the pharmaceutical man rocked up and he shot him full of Christmas cheer. That's right. He can't feel anything below his neck or something. Yeah, Now apparently they're all dancing here the same way as we just did. Treut four nineteen say as Peanuts, Yeah, the Peanuts Christmas Special. Yeah. Great, Homer is now at Moe's. He's all drunk and sad on Christmas Day.
Speaker 7: This seems Yeah, sounds like you're having a rough Christmas hammer you know what. I blame that trying to breakdown of society.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, Mo, You're o Mo, harm Lock. Your house is on too bad? Hey, you take that back, Barney, nice ride, stay honest, old man.
Speaker 6: Dateline, Kent Brockman. I'm here at the scene of the Christmas burglary where the creature was stirring last night, and what he was stirring was up trouble. Is your husband or lover here, ma'am?
Speaker 2: No, my husband is at church.
Speaker 5: That's my girl. I love you, Marcherie.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's quite a gap.
Speaker 5: Eh, shut up.
Speaker 6: So when you realized Christmas was ruined? How did you feel?
Speaker 7: How do you think?
Speaker 6: I felt absolutely devastated, absolutely devastated, the words of a heartbroken mother. For there will be no fire truck for a little bart, no sweater for little Lisa, no Cajun sausage for a little Homer. oOoOO. So, while you're home today eating your sweet, sweet holiday turkey, I hope you'll all choke just a little little bit.
Speaker 1: What you thought on Brocken asking, hoping everyone chokes just a little bit. You need a little litorializing something. The dramatics. Yes, Bhoma gets home and looks down in these dormat is like, yeah, season greenings, whatever walks and everyone's donated all their money because of the new story they've seen, including Moe and Barney probably beat him a home. This is another are they feet or are they Skis Burns is asked for change for a button. I know this was a take off of from the film with the Piano right now, young at List, but I thought the young at least in the moment. I've never really liked it. I get it, but it just makes how it come across like a real prick.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, particularly at this moment when you know everything's going their way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just yeah, I don't know, it just seems odd. But if Flannders gives the top of his tree patches and poor Violet give that the dollar has been saving up, gives a tip jar from the bar, they're fifteen k This is where you're talking about Rusty fifteen thousand mazillions, Holy shmoli whatever? What do you do? Like blinking? And then this is probably my favorite moment the whole scene though, where they asked what you're going to do with it? And then missus k is like, just go wild with it, and I'm like, I love missus k. Oh yeah, just giving that license that does go for it. Just just don't enjoy yourself. You don't you agree? Similar yes, something wild and little poor violence says I'd kiss you, but Simpson, but the doctor says, I'm sick, and I'm like, oh man. They've got a cliffs car is Chalet, Chalet Chalet, and the car is now fifteen k instead of twelve K. And he throws in the undercoading for two hundred but just maybe should give this money to charitably, starting to feel guilty, and the guy jabs him with the pen. They're singing in their new car, singing the song, actually having a great time, and then he overtakes the plower, king like when they've pated a little. In universe things that consuity, it's CEEU Simpsons cinematic universe. Yeah, it will be cinematic universe. Would it be s tu stew would say, television universe? What would you call? Because the television cinematic sounds so much cool and television does. It's a cinematic equivalent for TV television just television talamannic cinematic Simpsons Extended Universe, Extend Universe, su CEU it Simpsons Extended Springfield, Springfield, Springfield, Ye same letters, do same acronym. Yeah, let's go for it, all right, we could just coined a phrase. But he overtakes and loses control of the car. Everyone's given their own opinion. I hate people trying to tell me how to drive when I'm driving. Is there anything more infuriaty? There's many things more furiator But if you're driving, someone's like, you know, we can go this way, or you slow down or whatever, it's like getting told to slow down is like shut up.
Speaker 4: Lovely the ways, God bless her. She's very circumspect when it comes to not well, of course, no one should run red lights. But she gets very cautious when it comes to like, oh I'm not running that yellow light.
Speaker 1: I won't running yellow. I judge my hand if it's if it's red, after I'm in the intersection, I'm fine. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, oh that's there. That's if you're in the intersection before it goes read, you're fine. Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: But she did it once, she sort of we were closely in the sections, gone hard and hard, she went, she went through, and then she looked, you're proud about I said you better.
Speaker 1: I actually was never even more turned on Benby because I used to be I used to be sort of it was yellow. I'd slow down, think of the kid in the back, and Nicholas like, you do't have to slow down. I'm like fine, And now Nicholas rubbed off of me. That's saying that they rubbed off on rubbing off. But over the first time I did it was the same thing. She was like, I can't belief you did that. And I'm like, yeah, that's right. You feel like a big man. But they wake up and they see Bartsch just sitting down in the in the crime scene acting here from Nancy, where it's the emotional of I don't want to have to say this, but I know I'm going to have to. It's just the animation is great. He's just he's broken inside. He comes clean, Lisa chokes him, No, listen, your hands are too weak. Then Brockman is outside sees the family were choking each other, and they realized, all right, we're gonna have to go along with this because we've essentially stolen money from people.
Speaker 6: Ken Brockman here for a follow up with Springfield's favorite hard luck family, The Simpsons evokes any Words for the Christmas thief if he's watching.
Speaker 5: Yes, Kent, hello jerk. We may never find you, and we should probably all stop looking, but one thing's for sure. You do exist.
Speaker 6: Strong words, strong bewildering words.
Speaker 7: Also, we want to thank the whole town for their generosity.
Speaker 6: He look, it's little parts fire truck, little Lace's sweater, little Homer sausage. One of the name of Holy Hell is going on here.
Speaker 5: Oh it's true. We weren't robbed. That part we made up, but the rest is true.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's just covering for me. I destroyed the presence, then I buried the evidence when I acted alone.
Speaker 6: So the family never knew about any of this.
Speaker 5: Well, the boy told us, but that was after we filed the phony police report.
Speaker 2: And after we spent all the times people's money.
Speaker 7: So you can see why my husband had to wai to you a moment ago. So this was all a scam.
Speaker 3: And on Christmas, yeah, Jesus must be spreading at his grave.
Speaker 1: We gave them more vitamin money.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, shure your lousy free laders come back when it gets on parents.
Speaker 1: It's the old Jewish guy working in the Springfield TV store. But it's not the ol Jewish guy voice it's just Dan castling at his voice. I could take any of them away from the Golden Year. It would be that excised that the episode would not suffer that seemed being out stringing from the record. Now, I've seen some pretty shabby things in my career. This futured fraud out stinks them all and thanks them for the story. Now the anger, We get the newspaper and angry mub mobles options and they're throwing vegetables at the house, running out of tomatoes, pumpkins, and then Homers says, maybe it all blow over. Then the Pineapple comes through with the string of patches, Pegga three back through again. If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're kind of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount Family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dano for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. They get the Krusty Burger. This is all still Christmas Day apparently, because is it? Because everyone's in Krusty Burger, right, And then as they're walking out, fans goes, well, there's Christmas dinner ruined. I'm like, first of all, why is everyone in Krusty Burger for Christmas dinner? Second all, I'm sure there's been more than a day, because I think so. It has to have been because home, we got home at night a more skewy. It was bizarre. But everyone's around me in crusty. But they all leave and we can get used to being shunned. Then the workers are spitting in the burgers. That's one thing I've always just feared is just kids making my burger man. Oh yeah, there's nothing preventing them.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm I'm always nice to service staff, yeah way, but we're not talking to the people making the burgers though. Oh but even when like the driver or something like, you're always like oh yeah, I mean you never like yeah, how a with.
Speaker 1: That shit threw of a button on the register. It's just like spit burger would spit make it a special Yeah, make it a double devil. Yeah. But March where they're going through all the letters though. First of all, so Lisa Missiuva refuses to teach Lisa and rough cause her a line makes a turn a desk around, nobody believes Homer at the power plant when there's a meltdown happening. Marge's now reading through all the various letters from was it you're blinking and blinking whatever? Limo great, Now we got to send him a note. Then Marge comes up with the idea, because is going to get all their money back. She's going to go on Jeopardy. I've always loved the deliverable delivery of she ain't getting a hold bullsh It's gonna be one of my triber quessions. How much were they down? Or fifty four hundred? I think it's fifty two hundred, two hundred, Ok, fifty something hundred. They get home, though, and they see the angry mob are there again, but they're forgiving them. Oh they've forgiven us. And March's about to go into the whole. How great are people at Christmas time? We get into the Oh wait a minute, they take the last stuff, so Krusty's gone to the medicine cabinet. I've already been there. Otto turns around, Wiggams got one of the stuff toys. He's got is Binky, Yes, some life and hell the Matt Greendon cartoon. Pooh's taking some of the pets. I think Skinner maybe taking some of the pets as well. The fish take. Flanders is taking back his own barbecue, which is a nice little continuity there. Everyone sits down in the middle. They're all sad. March, you know, having nothing reminds us of how lucky we are. We would have had stuff. We've had each other anyway, and some cool our stuff obviously. Well they're taking everything except for this washcloth, and I thought, just March, that's my wahcloth and running off with it. It was just a really nice ending, As you said, the song Sanded on his Way was just a perfect son to capture the moment.
Speaker 4: It just well unexpected and you know, not your traditional yeah sort of twinkle twinkle the Christmas song. We just had a nice little bit of swing to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I feel like a Christmas episode has to have the wholesome ending, right Oh yeah, and this one does. Yeah. And it's going to have the wholesome stuff in it. But yes, it does the wholesome message as well. It does. What do we learn bomb? What'd you learn from the episode with the Davis.
Speaker 4: Always be nice to the kids A chusty berger. Yes, you get some unexpected extras.
Speaker 1: I learned never hide evidence in your front yard. Good points neighbors. Yeah, alright, So we posted in the Patriot asking for some mail bay questions for this episode. Rach Beasley, did you ever wake up early and try to peek at your presence as a kid? I sure did, I absolutely did. I have one in particular, I've told this story before, I'm sure of it, where I woke up and there was a post I've mentioned how you used to love the spict Girls when I was a kid. Right it was the nineties, right, who could blame me? And I remember there was this post. There was his post a store in Kria Village near where I live, and then just focused on Prince right, and there was this Spice Girls one in the in the window. I was like, oh, that looks I love that post. That's cool because just just like all kinds of Gingers blis on the front, right, I was like, I like that, and then I thought I might be get it for Christmas. And I went out there and I saw this frame. It was like cover by a blanket. I was like shit. I remember like going out and just like peeking under the under the blanket and seeing purple. And for some reason in my mind, I can't explain this, but I thought I saw it was like a purply background with the spics on it. I thought it was a poster of the Phantom. And I remember going back to bed lane bed for like half an hour before I got going give me a fan. I'm gonna to pretend I'm happy, right, I was like, whatever, I remember I left that to last, and I remember I'm thinking she said to me in the past, going I'm so surprised that you had left that one to last, because it was the biggest thing there. It was this big frame sitting against the thing. I remember going, oh, yeah, here we go. Put on the put on the happy face, pull the blanket off, and I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, oh ship the spice Girl's posted.
Speaker 1: It made it even better because I thought I wasn't getting it, and I was like, oh no, it is why I thought it was the Phantom. I still have no idea to this day, but I remember thinking that, yeah, anthem is very purple. Yeah, And to this day still I've left for that going don't peat next time.
Speaker 4: I think because I was the baby of the family and there was a lot of years between me and my sisters, I think it was pretty much I was given the green light on Christmas Day. It is like go wild, go I can. I don't think we ever had the kind of thing. Certainly when I was growing up that was like, okay, everybody, it's time to open our presence and love. But we've done that, and we've done that more recently. We do that every Christmas now. But certainly when I was a kid, I would wake up very early. I'd go down and I'd just get my ship and just well, Sugun Warriors and all this kind of business.
Speaker 1: He does who Bobby's I've hired a two needs to going down, FuG the Fellowship. There's the Lord of the Rings episode fantastic.
Speaker 4: We're not going to say the whole title too long, So yeah, no, I will very much get up early and just be a little speaking of a lot of the rings, be a little Smaug. Smaug is the demon from the.
Speaker 1: Hobbit, where he I've never seen a hobbit.
Speaker 4: He sort of lustily grabs all the gold for himself and just like, oh, look at all this gool that would be me.
Speaker 1: Be like, you know gold, I'm just like my precious presents. Next question, he comes from his first. I changed from popular comments to all comments, and the first one was from a man Andrew JP. Baby. Oh, thank goodness, the mail bag was too big without you. And he knows as well because I've already answered his question. He says, who's your favorite game show host? I guess we'll talk about game show but Larry and one for me can't go past Burgess though, right, Baby John? Baby John Graham Norton as a blanking to Blank's host Grant Kennedy is Grant Kennedy. Yes, Graham Norton is the host of the current terrible Wheel of Fortune. What a ship show that is. I have not watched it, but I saw the ad for it. I'm like, don't watch it. It is so bad. It sounds terrible. Oh, it's horrific, shocking, We're fortunate enthusiastic. I'm sort of showing my gen X roots here. But when I was growing up.
Speaker 4: Sale of the Century was very big on Channel, and Tony Barber was this. I think it's fair to say he's a little guy. I mean he's he was sort of compact kind of dude. He's the full of energy though.
Speaker 1: He was the nineteen eighties seventies equivalent of who's the dude that does family feudal Daniel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, grand Dander does a very good job. Look, I've got plenty of time for grand Dan.
Speaker 1: You Andrew o'keeith. Once upon a time, I said this.
Speaker 4: Recently when I was writing about TV full time, The two most charming people that I spoke to were Craig McGlaughlin and Andrew O'Keefe.
Speaker 1: Man, Andrew o'neith. He is not a good person. No, Now, that guy's just that guy is troubled and troubling McLoughlin. Likewise, it seems that they were. They were both the nicest dudes. Where it starts, first one's free, next one cash it that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Anyway, But I like Tony. I liked Tony Barbara a lot. I thought he was great. Yeah, I've got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of type of Grand Dan. Yeah, that's a really it's a tougher job. Of course it is. And then it appears because Graham Norton, good talk show host, terrible game show host. It's two different things.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this was a game show, but look a shout out and rest in peace to our us friends might know this guy more than Australian guys. Chuck Roller, Chuck Woolery. He was the host of Love Connection, that show I mainly know big. There was a lot a rhyme in the Beastie Boys. Paul spic was I.
Speaker 1: Did Women on TV with the help of Chuck Wallery. I was like, who's Chuck Wallery?
Speaker 4: And then the little research and patter. He was the host of Love Connection passed away recently, Rip Chuck.
Speaker 1: I Love even had American as obviously with the shows where it was like the dating shows. Oh yeah it was it called blind Data or whatever. Yeah, we had Perfect Match. Yeah. But I saw a great clip it was on I think my Twitter or whatever of this cheat and it's like, so, what'd you like about as you goes you had a big dick. I was like, oh shit, man, all right, So next question here, Keith Nedham, how would you punish your child for lying as badly as Bart did, and having the whole town give you money and you spent it not knowing the truth. I feel like you'd be angry at the moment, but it's just kind of like, well, we have to stand together here. Yeah, it's a tough one.
Speaker 4: You're torn between You're part of it, You're you're absolutely you're part of the grand deception. At the end of the day, it was an accident, it was okay. If it wasn't that snow, I mean, I think you've got to back up your kid. Absolutely, you've got to say, look, I stand by him regardless. Having said that, if it's not this scenario, if it's just the kid who's at fault, if say, like I burnt down the town Christmas tree, and well but then I said a Robert, Oh no, it was actually met It's like, okay, for like a certain amount of time, your mileage may bear out this. It could be one that could be six months, it could be a year. Your kid has to like do volunteer work like once a week at various places around town. Well so and So's hardware store was put a bit of a jewish in.
Speaker 1: Place straw at the hardware hardware soon sold.
Speaker 4: The hardware store was disadvantaged by this. You're gonna have to go work a couple of afternoons at their place free of charge. They've got to give something back to the community. And usually if they're a kid, it's not going to be in terms of money. It's probably going to be in terms of sweat sweat equity, as the grind set call it, and then make them do it, and then make them do it, and you know they'll learn a little something.
Speaker 1: Well. Indeed, David Mott says, you get to choose anywhere in the world to spend your Christmas Day with your family. Where are you going? Then there's going to the UK. Oh it's so cold my family right now, I would want to spend it at Universal Studios in Florida. Oh, that was such a fucking awesome day, I reckinon. The kids would have a blast. They would.
Speaker 4: I'm recalling a very nice Christmas that as long as it's Christmas with heat, because in the US is be cold, that's correct. Yeah, I'm recalling a very nice Christmas that I spent with my family when I was young. I would have been about ten years old. Listens to the show. I know that I spent nineteen seventy nine in England with my family and we were on our way back to Australia at the end of that year and we spent Christmas.
Speaker 1: In the Bahamas. That's cool.
Speaker 4: It was really nice Christmas in the new and New Year's Eve in the Bahamas. We had a Yeah, really nice. The details of were a little fuzzy because it was a long time ago now, but I remember the temperature was nice, the people were lovely.
Speaker 1: Will you know.
Speaker 4: There were people from all over the world who were all incredibly friendly. And yeah, it just struck me as a really great time to a really great way to spend Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten year old guy, how you wouldn't really drink any alcohol any kind? Would you want? Bobby how we when Bobby let went in alcohol wise about to say, yeah, there is the first on Bobby City. Have a beer. No, Well, Dad wasn't drinker at all.
Speaker 4: I mean he would have like a couple of glasses made on Christmas Day and that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: No, he was never really a drinker. My dad really drank, but I remember being light ice, light ice, I know, like low alcohol. Yeah, my my brother in law, Ross did enjoy it. But yeah, yeah, I'm not. I'm not saying there's like you like a beer. I mean, but.
Speaker 4: If you know what I mean, please know that my Cohurst is making the drinking drink emotion. I think that's the second time in three podcasts and I've made that. Jay, you have a bit and you run it to run it into the ground. I make everybody hate me and then I start over. But I think Ross, when I was about fourteen, said you have some of this. I'm like, that's not better. I hated the taste of beer. But when I first going to parties, my well, everyone's drinking.
Speaker 1: I guess I have to drink it. I was drinking. Guess what beer I drank to? What do you think was obvious beer of choice? That and Ossie he would drink it was a VB ORVB.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Vv was very big when I was growing up as well. We had the best jingles. We've always said.
Speaker 4: Yeah see we both did it off the top of the head. Mike Salter, Lou's not really drinking as much as.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, lose goalback. I will let you guys listens know that guys doing the drinking drinking motion. Oh no, joke's bag for on me.
Speaker 4: No, no, never hear you drinking. But you know she's not drinking much. But at the same time when we go out, it's been like, why ain't you drinking? So actually, you know, investing in a little loads alcohol free cocktails, you get him in the cans and his likes like it's alcohol free Mehito and alcohol free gene Tin.
Speaker 1: But what are the actual names for the brand that we're enjoying? Is called naked, but it's like it's it's a mocktail. Mocktail, yeah, fake cocktail. Yeah, actually pretty nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of you know, you get people saying what you want the taste of alcohol and not the effects.
Speaker 1: To me, I'm just like you must. It's like going to macasine buying a salad, what's the if you had a drink? Drink? I get what you mean, but I see what you're saying, but it's like my mentality is, well, we're gonna drink. Just fucking drink.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I used to do like, what's what's the healthiest version of this? And it's like, dude, just fucking enjoy it, Just enjoy yourself. But yeah, why why I don't drink very often at all. Anyway, I'll buy some bean or last me the entire year. Yeah, I just I drink maybe a beer of a month if that, unless if I'm with friends though, because I'm one of those people where I don't just drink to sort of light the mood. I drink to get drunk. Okay, yeah, not wasted drunk, but I'm gonna have a good time. You get tipsy, yeah, last time I was proper drunk. Grand Final twenty twenty two. Okay, yeah, good day, Harrison McClure. Finally, sorry, Mic Salter. How is it combined in the Christmas raditions of you and your partners? Did you guys match up in terms of when you think the kid should open? The presence presents under the tree versus presence in the stockings, et cetera. We very rarely put presents in stockings. No, I don't know how to hang them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we've got I suppose we've got to have mental places and metal peace.
Speaker 1: In Australia we don't have like fire people do a fireplaces, but not as many it was with in the UK. So we just get the stockings of chocolates, are shaped like stockings. Just put those up correct. What about you do you spend Christmas with Louise? Louise usually spends it with my family. I mean she'll go to fam like, yeah, bring into our place.
Speaker 4: Usually how it works on Christmas morning is she'll have it with the kids and her usually not of that one, although that's family.
Speaker 1: Tough for her and the kid's father and all that kind of stuff. Okay, he still comes over for that, does he?
Speaker 4: They go to the they go to his place, which was their original house, and then later in the afternoon, Well, then I'll be at home sort of preparing what I'm going to bring to the Davids family smallest board, and then we'll go to my family in the afternoon. But usually we'll do a thing with Loui's family, like her mum and dad, the kids, extended family and all that. This year we're doing it like a couple of days before Christmas at Empire Grill in Geelong, we looked over the menual. Oh raised pain. We're a lot of concerned about that. But yeah, he always says.
Speaker 1: I got this, Yes you do, sir. I'll order two steaks. You say, steak or chicken? Have you never have you never heard a Parker and Stone thing of Therefore, and but Harris mcclelly finally question, here, are you guys any good at Christmas shopping? Have you guys got any Christmas shopping stories? I have finished all my Chrystal shopping, the majority of it in like October.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mine is not yet finished. Dennis presents on the way I received, I've received email notification.
Speaker 1: It's like your present is on the way. I'll give you part of your present last night. You sure did slits one ad. I feel today in these days, it's easier to find specials if you shop online. Yeah, because going to various stores it's like sometimes but sometimes granted, you could go to a place like a came up or whatever, and it's just the store managers like, we got too much of this ship. Just clear it out. Let me tell you a story. Yeah, I didn't. I end up.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I mentioned on any of our other shows. I was thinking about buying this sort of upmarket coffee machine. I was in Aldi and I've got a course out of the Eye with all the specials in it. They had these the longy coffee machines. It's like, you know what, I enjoy coffee and enjoy my morning coffee. Yeah, I'd like to be able to start making good coffee as opposed to just the instant that I have, which is fine. It's like I'm getting on in years. Enjoy the better things in life. Guy, you treat yourself. But yeah, being a cheap skate, I'm also looking onlines like can I get a little cheaper than now? You and other places had it at sort of comp do.
Speaker 1: You find out whenever you're shopping you always pull your phone out and just see if someone else? Oh yeah, I do it every time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, very much like is cheese cheaper Woolies? Or I met bullies? But is this cheese cheaper at coals?
Speaker 1: Because I'm doing I'm going there. On the way back, anyway, I'll go to JB but which I see a soundtrack of viny that I like, I'll go Should I buy here? Should I buy it from eBay? Or yeah? Very often it's don't buy here, yeah, don't support local.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Aldi sold out when I went back, like, oh no, they're all gone. But luckily the good guy still had it for a good price, went down and got it there. Then I was killing a little time and I went into Kmart where they had a whole bunch of the longy coffee machines for even less different model though, and I think maybe a slightly downgrade that. I was just like, do I really want the good coffee machine or I do want the okay coffee machine? But I could still take this other one back and then get this for a much cheaper And I was like, no, no, you made a committment yourself to start enjoying the fire things in life.
Speaker 1: Don't skim now, I know what I did. What'd you do? I talk about the coffee machines? So I bought the coffee machine onlin line for mum. And then you told me about the thirty dollars vouch a right, So I went to the good guys and said, I want to cancel this and then re buy it, but use my thirty dollars vouch to go. Goes, I don't think you can do that. I'm like, oh, I just want to cancel this order. Then I'm just going to go over there and buy that one. She goes, Yeah, I don't think you can do that. I'm like, you actually can't stop me from canceling this order. I don't want this order anymore. And then she goes after after the call someone I said, cool guy comes over and the guy goes, just take thirty dollars off it, and she's like, can we do that? He's like, why do you fucking care it's not coming out your chest. She's like, yeah, whatever, thirty bucks, thirty fucking dollars. It was like, yeah, thirty dollars more in my pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the I don't think the fine people are thelonging You're going to go all right, well, it looks like we're not building Revel, we're not building the children's hospital. Six in the box and missing thirty dollars missing from the budget. I'll tell the children there'll be missed. No staff people anyway. That is the email bag. Oh no, I'm gonna have to go to somewhere in Austria for my skiing holiday and not Gestard.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is the mail bag of Miracle on Evergreen Terrorist. Thank you so much guys for all of you support he at four finger Discount. Now, as we're recording this review, we've got some notes or some news that our new podcast, The Movie Guide with Martin and Davis is number one in the country. Did you say number one? Number one in our category of film. We have the number one film review podcast in the country. Oh excuse me while I do a little bit of Homer. We're number one. We're number one, surely number one? Yes, so thank you so much, guys. In the space of just a month taking the world by storm in Live by fuck a Fortnite, we are number one in the country. Props to Dano for just putting it all together.
Speaker 4: Props to the Leonard Maulton for the Leonard Malton Yeah, being the driver of all all out of traffic, and hey, I'm gonna give myself a little out of boy for just being a small part of it.
Speaker 1: If you haven't checked out the Movie Guide with Morton Davis, make sure you do so. Link for that is a description of this podcast. It's the Leonard Malton. Yes like subscribe and maybe even Patreon ours who knows. Yes in d speaking Patron, you can support us as well patreon dot com slash four figure discounting access to all exclusive reviews of Futurama, sign Fowler, King of the Hill, and so much more. Don't forget to Please continue to rate and review us on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, where we do find this show, but Forenamas Davis and you find the words for those incredible listeners out there. Hey Dando, get your finger out of there.
Speaker 2: S