Speaker 1: I'm driving and driving get west of San Sabah, driving along and I remember there's a spot there where there's a big tree on the side of the way, and I saw something black moving a little bit. I thought, what is that cow? And all of a sudden, this thing stands up. I'm not a little guy. This thing's arms are bigger around the both of my legs each and I'm like, well what, And of course it's scared the daylights out of me. I went from staring at my at my radio to looking up at this thing that's lit up my my bright headlights and it's right there, not fifteen feet off the road, and I watched it as it went by. It scared the daylights out of me. And I went from being kind of sleeping too wide freaking awake. Right there.
Speaker 2: This is Bigfoot Crossroads. My name is Matt, and joining me is Randy. Randy is someone that I have talked to on and off over the years, and I was trying to think earlier, I don't remember a time in the online Bigfoot community where I didn't know of you. You have been around for a really long time and kind of a neighbor down there in Texas, exactly. Yeah, how did this whole thing get started for you?
Speaker 1: We had a mutual friend who really got me off center to start looking at things that I have seen in my life, and it made me realize these things that I've seen and kind of dismissed in my life may have some validity. There may be certain things that are real about them. And I guess it all started back in the early mid early to mid seventies. I was a young kid. I wanted to go hunting so bad with my dad. Didn't know how to shoot, but I wanted to be out there with dad. You know how that goes. Yeah, And in Central Texas where I'm from, it get used to get really cold before dawn, especially right at the first dear season, so it's freezing and everything. And Dad finally agreed, Yeah, come on, we'll go along. So where we were was West Winterstate thirty five. My grandfather had a ranch out there, and I went with Dad and we got there around three am, and I was all excited. The stars were real bright, it was clear, so you knew it was going to be really cold, but I was with Dad, That's all that mattered. And went to my grandfather's ranch we met with my cousins and my uncle who ran the place, and they took us in this old pickup. You know, we always have to have that one old ranch truck. We went way, We went way out in the back of this place. And this is a little south of the town called Salado and north of a town called Georgetown, and we're probably ten twelve miles west of inter State thirty five. Very wooded oak country, the Salado Ranch, No, not the slater for the slat Oak Creek actually runs through that property. And Dad and I were signed to a tree stand, which is like a big treehouse went up in this big oak tree there. So we were sitting there and I was all excited, and Dad and I were sitting in their tongue and it was cold. It was really cold, and I'm not good in the cold. I never had either twenties. It was not for me. And you know that's pretty cold for us. You guys in Oklahoma get it even a little colder. Well, we're sitting there and I'm looking at the stars, and I was around five am. I clearly heard a woman screaming and this went on and on, and I looked at my Dad. I said Dad, what's that? What's that thing? What is that? Because what I'd forgotten Dad was a combat vet from World War Two. His hearing was shot. He had more than fifty percent of it gone. And I'm listening to that and it's creeping me out, and I'm like, well, I've heard foxes squealed by that point, but I'd never heard this. This was clearly a woman screaming, and she was less than one hundred yards away, and you know, when it's cold, sound carries really well. She may have been a little it may have been a little bit more, but this was going on and on more miles from anywhere. The Salona ranch is butts up to this property, and that's ten thousand plus acres. There's nothing out there anyhow, so what is that? Oh, that's strange. Well, not realizing, not having been out that much, it was dead that morning. Nobody got a deer except one of my cousins. There was one little buck that got out in this probably five ten acre clearing that was in front of us, and my cousins got him, but he didn't move. He stayed right out in the middle. After that's well, that scream before you know the screaming had ended close to dawn, and so it went on thirty maybe forty minutes, wow, on and off it went on a long time. Foxes don't squeal like that. Let's go a little bit. Then they'll get scared and run a way. And I'm like, what's that? You know? That was weird? And I told that about it. He said, Son, I just can't hear it. I said, I understand, and so I went to my cousins and I asked him and one of them said, no, I didn't hear anything. I went to the other one. This is one I really trust and really like him, and I said, Andy, I shouldn't said his name, but what doesn't matter. I said, what was that? He kind of looked down and he said about foxes make all kind of strange noises. So Andy, that wasn't a fox. I know better. I've been out with them hunting and things, so I knew what what it sounded like. Plus they were pretty rare out there. You didn't see him very much. So I just kind of filed that off in the in the uh, in the bin of strange things, right, And it was just one of those weird things.
Speaker 2: Did the screaming, move any here or was it just always from the same spot.
Speaker 1: It was from the same spot now, from the same spot.
Speaker 2: That had that had been pretty scary.
Speaker 1: Well, we're sitting there with a couple of high powered hunting rifles and I'm with my dad, so that made everything just just fine. There was no problems. But I'm like, you know, your imagination can run away with you, and being who I am and what to do, I try to not let my imagination run away with me because it's part of what I do. But I'm like, that was really strange. And I asked my uncle about it, and he just said, now, nothing interesting things about that property. My other cousin, ma'am. When he was out there, this guy was constantly down looking for signs of things moving, looking for anything moving, and he's quiet, don't move, Mike. If we're just gonna took some white tailed deer or maybe some quail, or see a roadrunner, that's no big ye. Occasional turkeys, that's one thing. But he was always really cautious out there. And the land is still and it's in their family name now, but I often wonder because there's so much it's open from there. All the way back into the Texas hill country, a good fifty sixty miles to the west, and there have been some reports out that way, and I wonder, you know, after becoming more aware and finally admitting to myself that, you know, this was pretty strange, I needed, you know, I just it was just really strange. Man. I don't know how to describe it, but that other cousin was always on the high alert when we were out there, and he was always armed, even when it wasn't dear season, he always had something with him. So well, I grew up, went through high school, started on college in Central Texas, and the next event happened. And I actually can pin down the actual date that this one was. We were on Christmas break and my friend Eddie I think it was him, was fun. He had to study because his semester actually picked up it finished right after the first of the year, and he said, well, let's go for a movie. Okay. So we're standing around at my parents' house in Central Texas and all of a sudden we started hearing helicopters. Well, we hear a lot of helicopters over there, the big twin rotors. Chinook's things like that. You hear those things and the what do they call them, the the cobras, You would hear those, but there weren't even apaches out yet. They hadn't even been introduced. The m one tanks had just been reduced are introduced out there. But that's thirty miles west for where we lived. And well, there's a couple of them coming over, a couple more, and then a couple more, and I'm going, what is going on? They often had an exercise that time of year where they would train the soldiers. You say, I kind of dismissed this thing as logically as possible. Well, they just, you know, get nine times out of ten, it's always the most common. Well, before it was over, it was at least twenty of these things went by, and smaller ones too, the little hughes, five hundreds. We all went outside, myself and my two friends Eddie and Brian, and we looked in the last four or five of these things are all headed down to the southeast, and I thought that was weird. So we went to the movies. That gave me much more thought. Well, guess what. In the next couple of days, a big news came out down here near where I live now, a little to the east of me, a couple of elderly ladies and their grandson were driving in a car and all of a sudden, a large UFO came down right over the road and was hovering there. This is called the cash Landrum incident. The days line up perfectly, and they said, twin rotor helicopters came around and escorted this thing away. Those three all suffered, and the two women may have actually died of radiation burns. The boy not so bad. He's still alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that story. I think it was like actually on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries once.
Speaker 1: It sure was, and on UFO Hunters, and I go, god, I saw those helicopters that night.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, well, UFOs, I could kind of go, okay, maybe there's something out there. Maybe it was just something we didn't know what it was, or they didn't know what it was. And being in my technologically oriented career, I had an interest in military aviation. But that matched nothing that we've seen. I can take you to that general area right now. I know where it is that actually gone over there and looked around and it's interesting, but it's one of those big unknowns. Yeah, and so well that was pretty much it that night. I didn't see anything else, and I never saw those helicopters come back. This is where it starts getting interesting. Many years had passed by and I was in my oh, I guess I was in my twenties now, maybe five six seven years later. It was spring break. I was with a friend and another friend came by and he said, I'm going out to West Texas. I want to see these Marpha lights. Oh cool, I've I've heard of them. Well, my friend Brian was with me and Paul and said, let's go. So you know it's a Texas is a big place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is. It takes forever to get anywhere.
Speaker 1: It is shorter to have a guy drive down from Sanford from Chicago to Dallas to do service work than it is to send someone from I'll passo back and we're three quarters of the way to all passover and well, you know, young twenty something kids, a bunch of college kids, or I was already out by this time. I said sure, let's go. So we got we take off, We drive all day. We go to one of the swapfests that I mentioned later on in here, and well we get to Marfa, Texas, we negotiated with the guys for a cheaper room than we all just you know, like guys. We just crashed out there and we were retired and said, okay, let's go out. Let's see if we find these Marpha lights. We go out there, we're sitting there. Lookye, we got two engineers in an accountant sitting out there looking at these things. And we're like, oh, wait a minute, and I got my binoculars out. We're seeing three of these bright lights move off in the distance, so we haven't moved back. Some red lights go the other. Pretty soon we realized those were the lights on the Presidio Highway and we started laughing, going, no, this is a bunch of crap. And I'm sitting there and I mean, yeah, this is really nothing. And you know, Paul was We did a few time exposure photos. You know, that's always fun, and you know, it looked pretty good. What I didn't know was that area right there where you go with the viewing area that used to be a military base a long time ago. You can still see it on Google Earth where all the foundations were. I didn't know that it's an interesting factory. Well, I thought, okay, that's pretty neat. And so we're getting ready to go back to Hotewn and I looked over and this. You remember those really blue hid headlights, bluish, whitish ones, of course, not the LEDs the kids all have. Back then those were rare. Well, there was something really bright right straight down towards southern Marfa, right there. But we're ten twelve miles out of down over a hill and I'm like, what the heck is that. I'm my drinking, that's nothing, that's nothing. I go, no, No, that's something right there. And it flickers and it stayed pretty stationary, and I was like, wow, check it out. Well, guess what that was the real thing? And I actually saw them. Wow, I have absolutely no idea what that was that. I mean, if it was someone with a headlight playing around, they just spent thousands of dollars to pull a prank, because in those days, those headlights were like two thousand dollars options on your Lincolns or your Mercedes. And I mean now it's common, no problem, but back then that was something to see. I got to see him on the very first time I ever went out to look for him. Have been out there since. I never saw him again. They say they're still there, but it's a funny flickering light, and they say they moved. But now this one sort of just stayed in one spot and flickered at us. And as we drove back towards Marfa, I kept watching it. And by the way, the Santa Fe tracts are and right by there, and you could tell the difference between Santa Fe train, that big halogen incandescent light versus this blue thing, completely different, and it was a fascinating thing. Time passed and in my thirties and the job I had really wasn't a lot of fun, and so honestly it was terrible, and I was bored to death and really wasn't a great place for me to be. Well. I take it some time off and I was going to go out to West Texas and bear in mind, I kind of dismissed everything except that Marpha lights up to this point, and it's like ninety six. In fact, it was April sixteenth, nineteen ninety six, Friday before Saint Patrick's Day, and there's a swapfest. I wanted to go to out in West Texas in Midland, and I said, I'm going I'm gonna just do it, have some fun. So loaded up my car, my goodies, and you know, took these odds and ends with me and I'm going to this thing. I'm going to get out of it, get out of town. So I started out of my town, drove through Colleen, right by the Fort Hood Base, drove on out west and finally you have to make a turn to go up to a little town called San Sabbath. And I'm not thinking about anything. I'm tired. I'm thinking there's got to be something on the radio to listen to, you know, Art Bell or something nothing like I said. Texas is a big place and you can go for miles without having anything to listen to. Who's you could in those days. And I'm driving and driving, get west of San Saba, driving along, drop down over the cop I believe it was the San Saba River Bridge. I thought it was Colorado. I think it's San Saba. And I come back up and I remember there's a spot there where there's a big tree on the side of the way, right close to the right away and I saw something black moving a little bit. I thought, why is that cow? And all of a sudden, this thing stands out and I can see more of an ape like face, huge arms. Matt, I'm not a little guy. This thing's arms are bigger around than both of my legs. Each it stands up and it's almost like noo, get out of here, and I well, what, And of course it's scared that daylights out of me. I went from staring at my at my radio to looking up at this thing that's lit up by my bright headlights and it's right there, not fifteen feet off the road. And I watched it as it went by. Now your headlights fade out, but there's still just a little light left, and I washed it and I swerved. Scared the daylights out of me, and I went from being kind of sleeping too wide freaking awake. Right there. I'm like, oh my god, I didn't know what to think. I hit my brake lights because you know, they had those big red brake lights up on the top of the rear windshield rear last didn't see anything, but you know, it was a little off the road, and I looked back and I was like, what the hell? And I looked around. It's two forty five in the morning. I remember I looked at the time, I was like and I thought maybe I should turn around and go see what that was. Was that a prank? Was that a Was that a hoax? I mean, man, that thing had to be ten feet tall and half that I mean at least I couldn't actually see anything below its needs. The lights didn't shine that well. And then it was out of the lights, the edge of the lights of the car, but it was there.
Speaker 2: This is West Texas, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Western central Texas. You can look down on a map San Saba and you'll see the San Saba River just on the west and I think it's Highway thirty six.
Speaker 2: What kind of terrain is this?
Speaker 1: Rolling prairie, rocky, a lot of granite and rock, but a lot of oak forest. That's where all the Texans like to have their gear property at. They'll go lease out there because there's tons of white tale out there, tons of jack rabbits, lots of turkey. And yeah, it's rolling prairie and small forest. Well, looking later on, just up and beyond where we were, there's a pecan orchard there. Really, I didn't know it, but I looked, But I mean, it wasn't within a quarter mile from there at least one hundred acres of the coond trees. And in the early year, early time like that, maybe there were things out there it could forage.
Speaker 2: And this was in the river bottom.
Speaker 1: No, it was above the river bottom. We're coming up. We're up on about where that. You know that is not a canyon type river, it's more just a as natural It just sort of a slow depression. And as you get to the top on the western side right.
Speaker 2: There, did you see any like eyeshine or anything.
Speaker 1: No, the eyes were large and dark, solid black, solid black. I could kind of make out that there were eyes there, but I did not see any eye shine. Also, I didn't smell anything. But remember I'm driving at highway speed right and I'm going by about fifty six sixty fifty guys sixty miles an hour. I'm like, what on earth? And it had I could see its fingers because you know how if you were to get up and shoot something away from you with your hand, that's kind of what it was doing to me.
Speaker 2: Like it did that gesture.
Speaker 1: Like that with both arms, go away, like get out of here, and I'm like, what the That's not supposed to be there at this point in my life that if anything, if this at all, was somewhere in northern California on the West coast. You know, I had no idea we had these things around here.
Speaker 2: I mean, was it even something that like you had looked into or were interested in?
Speaker 1: Not at all. I mean, if there was a bigfoot show on TV, yes I would watch it. Those were fun, But it was the farthest thing from my mind. Ye know, I'll face it. I'm an engineer. I think about real things, numbers, odds, percentages. I don't That's not something I would be looking for. And I'm like, this just it couldn't be. It couldn't have been that. I immediately dismissed it. All day long, I kept saying I did not see that, Matt. My heart didn't slow down till I got to the other side of Texas. I had nightmares from that. You know. It was like, let's ask South some hallucinations. Hallucinations don't cause you to have nightmares, Yeah, you know, they don't. You know, it's do you might relive the situation. I never have never wanted to.
Speaker 2: Were you able to get a look at its face?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Yeah, almost chimp like, chimp like large teeth. I couldn't say exact color hair. Most of the face was covered with hair except around the mouth slightly. You know how chimps have a slightly bulging mouth. Right, The nose was not a chip nose. It was partially bridged like ours, but almost flat up and down are real close to it came down to the bridge of its mouth. I saw that, and I looked right into its face, and you know, interesting enough, I told our mutual friend that one time. I said, yeah, it's teeth a flat I would assumed if it was a primate that it would have like chip like teeth with flat well with pointy canines. It did not. And so I'm like, yeah, this is this can't be, you know to me, You know, when you're suddenly confronted with something that's real. Every bit is real, as you know, the the walls on your house, but you try to deny it. Well, it was medium lenk hair, not long string, fairly well kept from what I remember, and uh again, its arms are huge. The head did not protrude far above the shoulders. It seemed like it like maybe the tops of the shoulders met its neck or something, because it's not like a human where our head sticks freely up above. It was down like fifty percent lower where it would be down more in between the shoulder plays. But it was there.
Speaker 2: He said, you got to look at its fingers. What did its hands look like?
Speaker 1: Big? Have you ever seen like those old farmers up in Oklahoma? They had those big, wide sausages fingers. Okay, the big old fingers, you know, when they weren't on the farm, they were playing football on Friday nights. That's the kind of fingers. This thing had thumbs and all huge and that I recall that there wasn't as much hair on the hands from what I remembered, and it was like, oh my god, so it's yeah. And then mostly black. The belly might have been a slightly lighter shade of black, it seemed like, but it was black.
Speaker 2: Didn't have any sort of facial expression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked like it was pissed off. Mouth was wide open and it was I mean, you could see that that thing had a mouth as white as my head, and it was it was it looked pissed. I don't know if I disturbed, it eating a deer it had found or caught, or maybe it just didn't want to see me, or I hear some just enjoy scaring people. But I don't know. I don't have enough. I've never been out in the field looking for one of these things, not really, And it was, you know it. It looked, as best I could tell, as like, shoot, get out of here. Was about the kind of impression I got from it. But it looked like it was pissed.
Speaker 2: As you processed all this, I mean, did you reach the conclusion like, oh my god, I just saw a bigfoot, Matt.
Speaker 1: I knew exactly what it was the moment I laid eyes on it, but I dismissed it. And I'm a little ashamed to admit that I they don't exist here, and they may not exist at all. That's the thought I had right then and there, and honestly I was wrong. I did see that thing, and it was it. I just didn't really know that they were around in Texas. It had never been brought out or pointed out that this was a possibility. And now over the years I kind of came more of a realization about that rationalized. Basically, I tried to put it as far behind me as possible. I did not see that I'm imagining things. Maybe I was tired. I think I was. But maybe I was tired. Maybe it's whatever didn't happen, and that's the way I treated it. Unfortunately. I went to my event out in Midland. I had a good time. But I mean all day long, I'm thinking about it all day long, that that wasn't normal. That wasn't you know, half asleep dreaming something.
Speaker 2: So when was it that it kind of came full circle for you and you decided that you were going to start looking into this.
Speaker 1: Well it came after my next event out in California, and that's when I sat there and I talked with our late friend about that. I guess it's okay to use his name. Well, we talked about it. I I talked to him about it, and he said, oh, we're looking around here. Those things aren't here if they're if they're around at all, And he goes, oh, there is more more to this story. By the way, you know, they often say there's strange lights in this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I kept driving, and you know, I've gotten a little ahead of myself. But I kept driving, and you know how when a piece of space junk burns up, you get that green fireball. This wasn't what it was. This kind of looked like a piece of cable, but it was miles long because it covered forty five degrees up in the sky, maybe a little less me thirty to forty degrees. I'm even looking. Was moving to the west and it looked like it was burning up in the sky and it just disappeared, and I go, what the heck was that saw it? Within thirty minutes of me seeing that thing?
Speaker 2: And it was like a line.
Speaker 1: Imagine you have a steel cable, you throw it horizontally, So how you figure out way throw it horizontally? Well, it's not going to stay straight even we have back smoops and curves. But it's bright green, like it's burning up in the sky. And that thing moved from the east over the top of my car on beyond it. It was high, and I was like, oh my god, what the hell was that? Never No one had any idea back. Another friend of mine I met at the swaps that day said he saw that because he was coming up from Austin. He was running parallel to me and saw it, so it was high and I was like, wow.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, how long do you think it was?
Speaker 1: It had to be miles long. If it was burning up in the atmosphere, Matt that they had to be ten twelve miles long, maybe more. Just remember when things burn up in the atmosphere, they're at about thirty five to fifty miles up, really good, thirty five miles up, so where they really get big. Well, if you think about it from the ground in the angle, this thing was there in the sky and moving. It was like a long cable or something. Maybe something fell off the Space Shuttle or something. It was flying back then. It wasn't in the.
Speaker 2: Air that I know, I mean, but it wouldn't be miles long.
Speaker 1: No, And unless they had some kind of strange experiment, I really don't know what that was. And it had that bright green shine, right green light like space junk burning up. Didn't make any sound that I could hear, and it was pretty cool out that morning. I had the windows up for the most part, but just moved across the sky and it was gone.
Speaker 2: Green usually denotes copper, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Green denotes copper or titanium sometimes, but definitely copper. Alloys. Copper alloys are commonly used in aerospace equipment because they dissipate heat very well. They also surprising the amount of surprising amount of strength to metal such as iron. That's why the old days they made swords out of bronze. So it was a it was one of those things. Yeah, but most of your space, jenk is that same color. But it doesn't look like that.
Speaker 2: Was it moving any sort of like angle compared to the ground or anything, or just straight down.
Speaker 1: It wasn't coming straight down and moved across like. It just moved cross and off towards the horizon and faded out, probably a good two to three seconds. I saw it before it disappeared.
Speaker 2: And the shape of it again.
Speaker 1: Was irregular, like uneven. It was. It wasn't You couldn't see anything other than it was a line that kind of had bows in it. Little like imagine you throw a steel a thin steel cable out on the ground. It's chances are isn't going to loop or anything. It's just gonna lay out, but it's gonna have a little waves in it. Yeah, once it's the ground. Something like that. Very strange and unfortunately, I'm I'm i am cursed with a very good memory, and I'm a pretty good observer. Not right, but you know, I'm not professionally trained, but I see things.
Speaker 2: I'll just tell you where my mind's going.
Speaker 1: Go ahead tell me.
Speaker 2: So recently, I read an article that, I mean, it was on some major news outlet website, but I ran across it several places after I read it about a group of employees at Red Rock Event Center in Colorado who had observed a UFO in broad daylight. And it was like a dozen people saw it all at once. And it was this situation where I believe it's an amphitheater where they work. They were outdoor, some outdoor venue and they somebody noticed there's this huge object in the sky. And I want to say, it was like the size they were talking about was like a mile wide or something something crazy. And according to the article, it was like whenever they noticed it and started looking at it, it started flying off and instead of eventually hitting a vanishing point, they all say that this thing just basically turned invisible, like it just went clear and they couldn't see it anymore. And so like, I'm hearing what you're saying, and I'm wondering if something did have that type of technology or ability to cloak itself and be invisible, what would it look like entering the airth's atmosphere. Like, that's a good Could that have been like the outer edge of some sort of vessel or something.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. And where else to do it other than well out well out over West Texas is nothing occasional military.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whether there ain't nobody around.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and I mean nobody for miles. I mean, I'm I'm thinking I'm fifty sixty miles away from Fort Hood at that point at at least, and I'm further west of that even now, west of where I saw the thing on the side of the road. So yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: And there's so many reports of stuff happening around military basis, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Lots of them. The the thing about it is that if that were like the very the pointy edge is something that would make sense. I mean, your high altitude high speed ex planes, they all their edges of their wings would get red hot Field X fifteens, the F one o fours, their edges could get red hot they were moving so fast. And of course the blackbird, which I always wished I could have gotten to see fly that never did. Yeah, it's very possible.
Speaker 2: Or just something weird falling into the atmosphere. Who knows, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean they maybe they uncorked the line somewhere from the space station or space.
Speaker 2: But I mean it's just very coincidental that you happen to see it right at that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just after I'd seen the other thing. And that's you know, weird things happen. Okay, moving on. I did try to just dismiss everything. It's just happenstance something and whatever. Well it's nineteen ninety nine. I moved to Houston, finished my second run through college. I was doing really well, very happy, fun job doing, working with Iconic Instrumentation. And I'm talking with our friend Low and he starts telling me that he's doing this research up in Oklahoma and down here in Texas in different places. And I told him, now I'm not here. Well, we talked and we talked. We talked about it for quite a while, and I'm thinking, well, you know, maybe there's something. He says, No, no, there is. He starts telling me about an image he had about something that was out in the field he'd gotten with that flair he built, and I tried to magnify it as much as I could. But it's only a few pixels wide, and I said, just moves, and it's moving fairly quickly across there. We never did figure out what that was. And finally, after we talked and we went through a lot of things, and he was showing me a lot of the online community they put community and I said, yeah, Lo, we need to talk about something. And I told him about it. He said, what you I said, yeah, I think so I called him where. Well, we talked about it at length, and finally he introduced me to one of the local community leaders down here. And this was the weekend that uh, I can think of in time that there was some other things going on, and I hung out with him that day and we talked that the lines pretty interesting, and well, I started coming around at that point, Matt. I started thinking, you know, maybe this shouldn't be dismissed so readily. Well, I had an assignment in California outside of Bakersfield, and I went out there to go up to go out there and work on some stuff for a pipeline out there. Well, this one Thursday, they said, oh, we're gonna have to have a safety stand down. I said, well, can I come to the safety meetings now? No, you just go. You're free, Okay, you just go, okay. And you know, I was a basically a contract engineer for him through the company I was working for him, and at the time I decided I was going to be mister nature photographer. And so I got my best lenses and everything, and I was using a film camera. And even though digital's route, I didn't think they quite had the performance of what I could do with my film camera. They didn't at that time. So I've gone wandering around taking pictures of California poppies blooming and various things, and amazing matt birds never sit still. The moment you point your lens at them, they fly off. I've gained a great deal of to have respect for the guys who sit there for hours to get just the right shot. I ended up wandering further and further up to the north, I guess northeast of Bakersfield. I went up a road called Colliente Road. I thought that was kind of neat, gribbed around back there, and finally I said, man, this is they're like redwood trees up here. They're not the giants, but they're really red bark, big connor conifers type trees. Well, I thought this would be good. I bet I'll find some good birds up here, Matt. It was still as a tomb. I think I saw one, maybe two little birds, and they flew off. I'm sitting there. All of a sudden I started hearing like something moving through the underbrush making some noise, and I'm like, we got us a bear up here or something. And I got to listening. I said, that's not four legs. And I didn't know at the time. Bears are pretty quiet when they move unless they're charging you. And this thing has two legs and it's and I'm like, what is this. Well, I'm here's a little thing of the train. I've sent you a picture where I took that picture, where I took that picture of that GPS unit that is right there, and you can look that up if you look on there. There's like a man made lake down below there, which wasn't there then, And up above there's a new ski set of ski slopes. None of that was up there. That was all empty forest out there, and there was like some kind of a camp or so, it was the church camp or something at the end of the road up further and higher, but it was pretty high. It was about sixty four hundred feet and it's nice and cool up there. It felt really good. And this noise, whatever it is that is stepping down there, That's when I realized, Matt, it wasn't moving. It was just making the noise. And I'm, you know, after a little bit, I'm starting to get a little unnerved. And we're about ten minutes of this. I'm listening and I'm going and I'm looking at it with a two hundred millimeter lens down there, which is not much, but there's nothing down there that I can see through the trees. And it's just getting maybe getting a little louder. It doesn't feel like it's getting any closer. Well, there was no motors. I didn't hear any kind of engines, and I didn't this is starting something Trying to get my attention away from looking up the slopes. I turned around and looked up the slope. Nothing, nothing that I could see. I looked back and forth up there. I kept looking up because I'm thinking, if I'm trying to distract somebody. I'm going to make noise over there so something behind me can move. There was nothing up there. Whatever it was was down in that brush, maybe less than one hundred yards in the brush, but it was making some noise, mad making some serious noise down in there. And you know, it was fairly bright outside. I mean, the tree cover where I'm at is is heaving out. Let's get a picture of how this is. There's a road there that's throwing parallel to me, my rent cars down there below me. Took to my left a little bit. This is straight out in front of me. Whatever's making this noise. It's almost a forty degree slope up and I'm a hundred feet away from my car up this slope and I'm not even maybe a fifth of the way to the top, if you will. And there's nothing behind me except trees, and they're not that thick. You could see through them. Across the road. It got more brushy, but there was nothing down there. You could hear it. Whatever it was was staying just out and beyond into the brush. So I started getting a little nervous about this. Something's not right here. I'm getting out of here. So I kept my camera up, I looked, moved down, gotten into my car, snapped a picture of the GPS I know right where this area was, and then I just drove away and that was it. That was a weird one.
Speaker 2: Do you think it could see you from its vantage point?
Speaker 1: I think it could. You know. I'm up there in a white long slip leave, long sleeve sweatshirt type thing, blue jeans, just wearing normal hiking boots. I didn't make any any effort to camouflage myself, and it didn't start till I went up on that hill.
Speaker 2: And how long was the whole ordeal? Would you estimate?
Speaker 1: Between ten and fifteen minutes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, that's just that's weird. That's not how animals behave you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, I know animal will make some noise twenty seconds maybe the most when and it's gone. Yeah, this was making noise down there. I think it was trying to unnerve me, to get me to leave. Whatever it was, it succeeded and I got out of there. And I've often wondered about that one. Well, I got back and I called my friend, our friend, mutual friend, and I started explaining it to him and he said, well, was there something behind you? Not that I could see. And you know, film photography was a little expensive. I didn't want to waste a bunch of shots. But I regret not just holding down the shutter and just going through twenty exposures really fast, just to see if I caught anything. But I didn't. Nowadays, I'm pretty well equipped with digital cameras. So if I think you run into that same situation, I will.
Speaker 2: I mean, I kind of agree with your assessment of the situation. I think it was definitely sort of an intimidation thing to try and get you to leave the area. Could be a distraction. It might have been a situation where I mean, and this is of course just speculation. This is bigfoot crossroads, So we're just going to pretend that it was a bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: There could have been a young one was laying down flat, staying still, or maybe it wasn't even a young one. You might have been right on top of one and didn't even realize it.
Speaker 1: You know, there was just enough tree there, trees around. You can't really see it good from the picture there looking down that road. There was still some snow on the ground up there at that time. It's very possible that something could have been behind one of those trees. Yeah, the whole floor was covered with pine needles. If it's close to that color, I might have easily dismissed something. Yeah, and something else wanted me to get away from it. So it was really spooking. Well I get back. I talked with my friend Lowell, and he had pretty much the same opinion that there was something there and I just didn't see it. Had I been more careful and looked around, maybe I would have I've seen a little one or something laying there. I don't know. As far as I can remember, I didn't see anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, it might have been a better situation that you didn't see anything.
Speaker 1: You know, that's very true, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, especially if there was like a young one and you ended up spotting it and then it knew it was spotted, and the other one knew that it was spotted, the situation could have changed dramatically in a hurry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. But you know, I had come around now to admitting to myself that what I saw, in your sense, habit was really and all the noise and everything has been going on, you know, that this thing out there right there where people see them all the time. If you look on the national map from the BFRO, that that whole area is just covered with sidings. And I'm like, wow, okay, that that brings me to my last thing, which was not bingfoot related, but I might as well throw it. In two thousand and four, I was I got home from work and it's time to take my two little sheetsuos out, Didget and Shorty. They need their little walk. It's overcast and it's gray, and you know, I just thought, well, I'll just take them off down the driveway and go walking down the driveway and they're on their little leashes and they're all happy as can be. And get to the end of the driveway and I looked up to the to the east down my street, and there's this guy standing walking up the street. I looked right at him. He's tall, very thin, hair on top, big nose, glasses, white shirt, white work shirt on, like you know, he had a pocket protector I could see, had a long jacket, kind of work you know, kind of work slash casual shoes and like dockers. I thought, that's kind of strange. Oh well, it must be a neighbor. I just sadn't met the dogs, didn't notice him, dogs didn't see him. We turned to the left and started heading west up the street, up the hill, and you know, he was walking pretty quick. He was making pretty good strides. I went maybe fifty sixty feet and I turned around, Matt there was nothing there. Nothing. This was about like five thirty or so in the afternoon, and I looked up the head. So I started walking back. I turned around with the dogs and where do you go? I called my wife. I said, hey, uh, lock the front door. There's somebody strange out here. And myself and my next door neighbor to the east to that side. We didn't have fences in those days. You know, we lived out of the country. We didn't care if you're dog ran in my yard. Grape, I didn't care. So I called her and I said, do you have a visitor over? And I described him to her and she's no. So she went out and was looking around and I said he was right there. I was pointing, and I saw the dogs with me. My wife came out and I said, there's nobody out of here. So I put the dogs in. I walked around the property, walked around her property. Nothing, Matt, not a thing. I don't see things. Did I just see a ghost? You know? I'm like, that's weird. My neighbor over there to the east, she thinks I saw a ghost. I'm like, I don't know. I was awfully real. I mean I could even hear him walking. You know, you can't tell me talk when a hard sol shoes hitting an asphalt pavement. Yeah, but nothing there, And there's no way he could have gone down to the end because that's over one hundred and twenty yards to the end. What the ninety return is. People across the street have a five foot horse fence. The people to the other side of Dead's house, they have a horse fence. And it's like, that was weird.
Speaker 2: And I mean, you're in the country. You know everybody, you know all your neighbors.
Speaker 1: We know everybody in this I mean, this isn't like living in downtown Houston. We know who lives where, and we know what kind of dogs they have, we know their cat. You know, it's just normal. But it was a one of those strange things. I've never seen anything like that before and never seen anything like that since.
Speaker 2: No strange vehicles or anything like that.
Speaker 1: None. My street's good, a good half a mile long. I could see all the way from one end to another, and I could see where it makes that ninety degree turn down there, one hundred and twenty yards to the east of me. I can see up the hill that's right there. So I Fedevid parked anywhere within a quarter mile, i'd have seen it. And they couldn't have made it to that car. He'd had to been able to run faster than a normal human, and we just we'd have heard that he's gone.
Speaker 2: And nothing from the dogs. That's also weird.
Speaker 1: Nothing from the dogs. Now, these old dogs are people laugh at shetses that are plugging inns. They're pretty perceptive. If there's a deer out in the yard, or if the Amazon driver comes up. Now once I've gotten out, they don't miss the thing. They may go off like a siren and bark and howl and everything. They didn't say anything to that guy. So you know, it's these weird things I've learned. I cannot dismiss this stuff. I've got to just keep my eyes open and keep looking, because there's more to what we see out here than what meets the eye commonly, and I mean, this is an additional thing. Thought. I saw UFO once back in the in the nineties. This is a funny story. Took off after it, and everybody's going to you're crazy. I said no. And so this big oval thing at night trying, you know, it was moving around. First thing, UFOs don't have marker lights red and red and green lights and magation lights. I took off and I was chasing this thing, and I was zips out and you know, I'd make a turn and it would make another turn. And this is on the in the countryside north of my Central Texas down I finally got oh, I've got you now, man. I went down this road and rolled right up underneath the Fuji film Blood and I just started laughing and I said that was cool. Well then I went I figured as he was going to the airport to get to get aviation fuel. So I went over there and yeah, I I got out there and well here he comes in. He had a big red barren mustache and everything's from Austria. He was totally cool and he was going to the UT football game the next day in Austin, and so you know, keep your eyes open. You never know. I mean, you've been lucky, well you've actually gotten a CD see one of these things when you're actually hunting for it, and maybe some other things too. But you know, it's just for me. I have to always look at the practical, but I also have to not dismiss everything. Maybe one of these days I will actually get to go out and have some fun out there. There was another little incident that our friend Lowell and I went to Hanobia well after he was gone, and I thought, just for the fun of it, I was going to drive down that road that goes by the church camp where they have to get together. And I'm driving down there and I had I had my little digital camera propped up on a on a thing and iving slowly down the road. Windows are down, and all of a sudden, this god awful stink comes through there. Oh crap, No, I think so, I don't think so. So I just accelerated on, kept going, went on and got back out on the main road. I said, I don't think so. And because I know that's not far from where those mothers places and they still have stuff going on out there.
Speaker 2: The same thing always plays in my head. So here we have these situations where it's like different events over a long period of time. Yeah, and I know that you're a very analytical thinker, but I mean, let's talk statistics. Let's talk about probability. I know, what are the odds that one person would experience all these things in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm that one person. Have been all over the world. I've been all over the United States by car. I chose to do that, to go to these different places. Because if you've ever seen that silly old movie Secondhand Lions, Yeah, there was a line in there that's precious by the ye, by the brother that was paid by I think Michael Caine. He goes Texas. Was never big enough for Hope. I was never big enough for Randy either, and so I had to go see things. I had to go. Look, there's got to be something interesting out there. Well, you know, I traveled a lot the car I had when I when I saw that thing out there, and say, Saba already had two hundred thousand miles on it, and I bought it new. And so when you put yourself out there, you get you get a lot of exposure. Something's liable to happen. Yeah, those are those are my stories? Also, don't dismiss the things you don't understand because just because of it, maybe later on you'll go, oh, wait a minute, yeah this makes sense, and at least it does to me. Now, yeah, what are the odds?
Speaker 2: So do you think all these things are connected somehow.
Speaker 1: Other than me being in a lot of different places, going a lot of differ places. Now, I don't. I just put myself. If you put yourself like where something likely to happen, eventually you'll get lucky and something will happen or unlucky. And I mean the last one that occurred less than one hundred feet from where, well, maybe two hundred feet from where I'm sitting right now. Or I saw the guy out there California. That was just part of my work travels, which took me to forty plus states over those years while I was doing that. And I think, I just I'm the curious kind. I got to go out and go look around. That's the only excuse I can make up for it.
Speaker 2: Something about all this stuff. What is a creature like a bigfoot like the one you saw doing in West Texas and the same thing is in the Pacific Northwest and in Florida, yeah, and in the northeast, all these different environments, all these different habitats, but they're Oklahoma, yeah, and they're seen in all of them.
Speaker 1: Well, my thoughts on it run like this. I started looking into the incidents there. Until you get to Oklahoma. They're thin, but there's a whole string of sightings down that central part of the hill country, right all the way down to Fredericksburg. And I have friends that are work colleagues, not from the same company I work with. They work for a major oil company, and they've got dog men's and they're pretty sure there's dogmen down towards the Pata down there where it's really scraggly mesquite brush and things like that, and there's no shortage of food for them down there. And well, I found out that he was interested in it. We had we had fun talking about that. I have a hard time putting that, you know, putting that into a box somewhere. But people are seeing something you know, you don't. You're not that many people with issues the way they might see. I think they see something and they're they're actually not. It's I think that, if anything, they're somewhat migratory. They move up and down through the more rural areas, sticking primarily to water sources or nearby Uh. It's a lot like our own hunter gatherer pass UH for the humans. If they are out there, they're moving along the known trails that they've often used to do what they need. And I mean, you get along that Texas Oklahoma border, man, that's that is a serious hot spot. And we all know what happened at the Big at the Big Indian Casino there. They have that video that they saw and you know that's and you're talking about getting close to people. That's close. And I mean that's a huge building and you know it's coming up rating the trash cancer. So I'm thinking there may be a relatively small population, but it's a relatively active population the real assuming.
Speaker 2: So are you keeping up with any of the UFO stuff?
Speaker 1: Not really. I have heard the latest thing they're now calling them the uapsh interesting that military now they haven't talked about when they're out there being deployed, all the ones that are occurring around the around the US coastline. This is I'm going to go back into my logic and reasonable side. They're occurring in what's called military operations areas moas. When the military goes out there, they're burning a lot of gas, they're moving fast, they're doing combat maneuvers, but it's a designated area. All of a sudden they see something they can't explain, and it's inside their area. There are technology that exists that maybe thirty to forty years ahead of what they admit to, and it is very possible that they are testing things. I had a friend, mister Knowles. It won't matter, I haven't seen him in decades. He described something happened while he was a soldier in California. They were on maneuvers, they were moving as a group. He saw this large cylindrical thing basically appear it had windows on the side of it. He could see people moving around in there, but couldn't make them out, and it was just hovering just above their road there, moving and then it just faded away. And he and all those guys saw it, and they said should we report it, and said, oh, hell no, don't. So you know, there are things that are going on. Someone knows the answer. Will it ever be us? I doubt it. But there are things out there that we we don't know about are they ours? I suspect that thing that was seen down here near us on the cash Lander Minstet was one of ours. And if you believe a guy, what is that guy's name? He claimed he was a man in black for the Air Force. He's got a lot of videos. He claims it was viewed one of the pilots. It was a reverse engineered foreign or non earthmade vehicle. And but it's your say until I can see it proven, right, unless you or I see it, I have to question it. So but yeah, I think if we just keep your eyes open, pay attention, that little shadow you thought you saw moving around the corner may not have been a floater in your eye. That face you saw on the other side of the parking lot one night through a flar, that was something you saw it. You just have to be you have to have firsthand knowledge of it and be willing to accept your findings or at least be willing to research what you find.
Speaker 2: And if you've had an encounter with Bigfoot or something else you can't explain and you'd like to share your story, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfoot crossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need, all in one place, and until next time, remember there's something in the woods.