Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for ignition with the aw fan Hub podcast team. This is Kelson and I need to apologize because during the show you'll probably hear by voice degrading I am battling pneumonia and I'm just gonna soldier through this.
Speaker 2: And see if we can get through this show. I'm here with Steve and Net. Welcome, guys. Are you ready to talk about some aw hot topics?
Speaker 1: Well, I know the first topic we're gonna talk about. We're kind of gonna go in a weird order here, but I know, Net, you had an interesting idea of who the sixth member of the Don Kallis family is. If you remember on Collision, don Kallas had everybody in his house I assume or was it just something that they rented. I don't know. I was to represent, but it didn't look like a house that would be in Jacksonville, did it. It looked like a new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe it was this Canadian home.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, you know, the new New England.
Speaker 4: In Manitoba somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, But anyway, he did have the five members including himself, of the Don Collis family having a shit chat around the table and he said something to the effect I can't remember his exact words, but we're not only five members, so there's a sixth person out there, and net, like I said, you have a little bit of an interesting, uh theory. Maybe it's a little out there, but go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Share it, okay. At first I thought he was just referring to Trent and barretta coming back, right, But that started to seem too obvious to me, like, of course everybody will think it's it's Trent and then it will be a huge surprise. So, thinking that way, I think that the other member is.
Speaker 1: A bushie koda aboushie. I think, So is there any particular reason that is there something that makes you feel that way? I mean, obviously Abushi is, you know, a golden lover, right and the Colas family is. So you think that Don Kalas paid off a bougie.
Speaker 3: I think he recruited him to give him that challenge that Abushi is always talking about that he wants, he wants to be challenged and elevate things. And I think that if it is a boushie, it sets up for Kenny to reunite with the young Bucks. Because Kenny and the Young Bucks still have an unfinished story and this would be the perfect way for them to reunite. And Abushi would be a huge surprise being on Callous's side going against Kenny, but it would be fantastic. I think it'd be great storytelling if they do it right and it brings full circle the Kenny and the Young Bucks story. So that's my guess on who it is.
Speaker 1: And if there's anybody in our audience that has a prediction of who it is, go ahead and post it up and I'll read it out and let's to see who's right. Of course, a couple of other names that have been cast out other than Trent Beretta, who honestly is probably the name that has been most preleament, you know, as far as being talked about. Uh, there's well, the other name is Mark Davis, right. I saw that too, Yeah, so, and that and that does make sense. Uh, Steve, do you have any idea yourself of who the sixth man of the don Cows family could be?
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to like think of a bunch of heels and I can't, like, I guess trump Byretta up because he was turning heelish at the end there and then he went away, So I would say trump Byretta is my guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another name. Maybe they made up kissed him, made up with Will Hobbs.
Speaker 4: Or that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's good. Here's the thing that I'm worried about because another name that I had thought of. And if you listen to that segment, Don Kallas was talking about Kenny Omega in this match that they're having a Grand Slam Kenny Omega and Will Osprey against Kenoski Takeshta and Kyle Fletcher. But Don Kallas really didn't mention Will Osprey. Is there a chance that maybe, you know, mister Smiley Golden Retriever Energy shaking hands with Buddy Matthews, shaking hands with Kenny Omega. Who else did he shake hands with? Brody King? Yeah, so maybe he's doing a hill turn. The only thing I don't like about that is there's too many heels in AWE and I like to keep some of the I'd like to keep at least some of the baby faces baby bases, especially because look, I mean that you even said maybe Kenny Omega reforms with the Young Box well, that kind of puts them in not a babyface way at best, in a tweeter kind of way. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I agree? But the young bucks have they're they're gonna have their moment where they I think where they come back around and they're good guys again. So if you know, if that's what they're gonna do, reunite with Kenny and apologizing to him and you know, everything's fine and grand, this would be a good way to bring them back into being babyfaces.
Speaker 1: Right. So, well, I'm gonna throw something else out there at you. Who says that it's got to be a male wrestler, Why couldn't it be a women? And if you look at them and looking at the women's roster, it really doesn't. When I'm looking at the women's roster, and we're just going way off on a tangent here, but it's worth exploring. Looking at the women's roster, there's really nobody on the women's roster right now that stands out that would be like almost a feasible addition to the don Kallis family, either because they're not being used or they are already established. These are either a heel or.
Speaker 5: A babyface on their own right, and it just doesn't make sense for them to go to the don Kallis family except for one woman that immediately sprung to my mind, and I know it's reach, but if we're going.
Speaker 1: To explore a possible women's wrestler being in the don Kallis family, I have to go with Megasus Megan Bane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was thinking, Megan.
Speaker 1: I don't particularly like it, but it makes sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it does. That would really be something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'd also like to see Sir pente go, not that he's a woman's wrestler, but i'd like to see in there. But he's talented.
Speaker 6: You know, I was.
Speaker 3: Reading earlier somebody said that this is how they're going to bring Speedball Mike bailing In.
Speaker 1: That is another name that I saw passed around. Yeah, very good point. I totally forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, that's a thought I hadn't even that hadn't even crossed my mind, just like a woman a women's wrestler hadn't crossed my mind.
Speaker 1: But I can see about Speedball. Mike Bailey is he's not really the kind of guy that when he should First of all, not a lot of people in aw would know him. You know, let's be honest, a lot of mainstream AWWDWE fans don't know him. I mean we do. I'm talking about the general everyday fan probably don't know Mike Bailey, so they would have to establish him. The other thing about Mike Bailey, he's not exactly like this overpowering looking kind of guy. He's a smaller, quicker athlete. You know, he's a fantastic athlete, but he's not somebody that if you looked at him, you'd be like, oh my god, he's going to destroy a division. You know what I mean. You know what I'm saying. He's not like a powerhouse Hobbs or something like that. He's more like a I don't know, as far as I don't know, a Ricochet.
Speaker 4: Maybe I was thinking Ricket just out of the blue. I'm like, oh maybe Ricochet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that. I'm not the guy's phenomenally phenomenally talented, you know, I'm not. I'm not discounting his abilities at all. I'm saying that if you were to come in, he's not going to be like, oh my god, they got a monster. Yeah, but that's not what's gonna happen, That's all I'm saying. Yeah, it's gonna I I personally don't think that we're going to get an answer to this question, and probably until uh, until Grand Slam. I don't think we're going to see somebody show up on dynamite or collision or whatnot.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm always for the conspiracy theories. And there was something about callous standing in front of that painting he has where they're doing the Last Supper, and they were also showing paintings or pictures that he has on the walls of his house. So I was going to go back and kind of slow slow mow that whole segment and really watch and see if they were kind of giving us hints there, because I still feel like there's a lot of hints in that Last Supper painting. And you know, as you know, you could be right about a woman, Kelson, because as you know, for the longest you were in love with the beautiful woman on that painting that turned out to be Takeshta. There you go, so see.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous.
Speaker 3: He's good looking in general, but I mean, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I mean he's the best looking woman on that painting easily.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, So I mean you could be right, you could you could be right, and it could be anybody. Geez, the mystery deepens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll see you know, of all the of all the people in that picture, Takeusha is definitely the most feminine looking in that picture, you know, maybe maybe, And it's weird, like, can you imagine Megan Baane in there, because she'd be i mean began paining six foot one. She's probably bigger than some of the guys that Yeah, yeah, so she definitely. I mean I've said it before and again. I think her presentation is awesome. I think she's a beautiful woman. I I just want to see more of Meghan bane.
Speaker 3: Uh So, I just.
Speaker 1: Think she could. I think she can do something in in AW I really do too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of potential.
Speaker 1: Somebody on the on the aw fantom subreddit mentioned in a posts that he made he or she made within the last day, saying that the don Kallas family is more over than to death writers. Would you guys agree with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would agree with that totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely get a bigger reaction. Kallas don Kalla gets the chorus of booze every time he steps out. I haven't seen that, uh in quite a while.
Speaker 3: Everywhere he he must not be able to go anywhere.
Speaker 6: What Japan?
Speaker 3: Maybe, well when he was on uh was it Maple Leaf Wrestling, they were booing him there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean probably they probably don't like it because he stole Tony storms Labya and stuck it on the sport on his face. I swear, I'll just I'll just every time I see it, I just think it's so funny.
Speaker 3: I really, yeah, the accents it yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, my god, what are you doing? It looks you know, I'm like trying to post a picture on Reddit of Don Kallas and read it removed it for sexual content. I was posting his head, you know, It's like, my god, it's like what I think he.
Speaker 3: Was, Like, when is he doing now?
Speaker 1: I'm just waiting for somebody like m JF to point it.
Speaker 3: Out, you know, I know, I'm just it would.
Speaker 1: Be just the funniest thing. Yeah. I just remember if you remember months and months ago, MGF was in the ring and he was ta talking to Kenoskate Takeshta and and and just the way the way to Ketcha's name is pronounced right away because I'm just this stupid. I said, his name is the way it's spelled, and if you read it phonetically, it's take a ship. Yeah. And and a few weeks after I said that, did I said it on the podcast, And a few weeks later ed JF cut that poem promo and that your name is take a shit. So the moral of this story is that the moral of the story is that when it comes to phonetically reading names, m JF and I have the same brain cell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's gonna catch He's going to catch a glance at callous and or somebody is going to and they're going to the obvious. I think it's just a matter of time. I really do. Callus gets on enough people's nerves where it's just gonna happen. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Speaking on getting on people's nerves, you know. Look, it's amazing to me how many people have been talking about the segment on collision between Mariah May and Tony Storm because it's obvious. It's obvious because so many people are just like it's it was so awful. Then you look at their post history and they hate everything. Aw They say it's awful. You know if if will Osbury ran into you know, a burning apartment building and saved forty kids and ten cats, Oh that was awful, you know kind of thing, and everything is awful. But let's face it, that was probably one of the best, the best segments definitely of this year. It's may have been one of the best segments that AW has ever done, because it's just on all cylinders have a question. So when it comes to time, now it's timeless Tony Storm again. Yeah, to be respectful and call her timeless Tony Storm. One of the things that I've seen even a W fans say, and I thought that this was interesting because I maybe go back and look at the timeline. But one of the things I've heard even AW fans say is that they pulled the trigger too soon. Do you guys feel that way?
Speaker 4: No, that segment.
Speaker 6: I watched that live while on TV and it was amazing. It's just so amazing.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think it ended too early.
Speaker 6: I think it's like the sweet spot, you know.
Speaker 3: I agree, because they had to do it when no one expected it, and yeah, I think they just did it at the right time, and the way Mariah May reacted to it maybe even better.
Speaker 1: Maria May is expert at facial expressions, It really is. She really conveys with her facial expressions.
Speaker 6: Do you think.
Speaker 1: Did any of you think that this was not timeless Tony Storm, you know, did you think.
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean did you think that you would? Do you think that the rookie time totally Storm was literally the rookie Tony Storm and not Timeless Tony Storm playing a rookie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought, like.
Speaker 6: Thinking back on it, yeah, like, oh, this is just fine timeless Tony Storm, Like they're not gonna she.
Speaker 1: Was playing a part.
Speaker 7: Yeah, It's like there's no way they can drag this out for so long because we know it's timeless to like amnesia.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean I never thought that she had amnesia or anything like that. I always thought that she was still the deranged tom timeless Tony Storm, playing a part of the rookie Tony Storm. Yeah. You saw little hints and movements of Timeless Tony Storm, you know, during the whole thing that was going on. You know, Uh, I just want to know what happened to the dog. So you guys don't get it. No, no, there's her dog, she insisted. Timeless Tony Storm insisted it. She's had this dog all along, but for some reason as she degenerated and retired, she insisted that she stole her dog from a dog park and she didn't know where it came from. So that's neither here nor there. So yeah, because look, when they revealed Timeless Tony Storm, one of the complaints, not many people were complaining about it. I want to stress this, but one of the complaints that when they did the reveal that Timeless Tony Storm it was actually Timeless Tony Storm all along, was that they pulled the trigger too soon. No, because I think most wrestling fans knew that it was Timeless Tony Storm playing the part of the rookie Tony Storm. And if they had dragged it out even a you know, a weak er two to three weeks longer, all the way to Grand Slam, I think that it would have probably been almost insulting to everybody's intelligence. I think, you know, I mean, I mean, look, pro wrestling is a rocket science, so yeah, you get down to it. Yeah, when you get you know, it could be a little bit weird. But it was a really good, really good segment. It was a really good segment. It Yeah. But okay, so we have the match between Mariah and May and Timeless Tony Storm at Grand Slam. Do either of you think the Timeless Tony Storm is not going to walk away from this match as the AW Women's World Champion.
Speaker 3: I get a win, it, I think?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I do too. I mean I think it would be a total waste of time. Yeah, yeah. Yeah. So the question is, let's just assume that Timeless Tony Storm wins at Grand Slam. Who is Timeless Tony Storm's next few because I mean, we can't drag the as good as it is, we can't just keep doing Mariah May forever and ever. Amen, Yeah, I got this. I'm gonna I'm gonna throw I'm gonna throw a couple of names out there for you, all right. When when Tony Storm lost the aw Women's World Championship on August twenty fifth, I believe it wasn't all in at Wembley. Uh. That was her last time in an AAW ring until reappearing as the Rookie about a month and a half ago. Okay, During that time, she went to Japan, wrestled and stardom, and she got a couple of wins I think one or maybe one win in a tag match, but lost per solo match that she had to Mayuewatani.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: After that match, she paid her respects to Mayu Awatani, and Mayuewatani said that she wanted to come to a w and wrestle in the United States, not not like on a permanent basis, but kind of like what Mina shir Kawood did, I would assume is what she meant, you know, just an excursion of some sort. So we do have Forbidden Door coming up, you know, eventually, so maybe not immediately after Grand Slam, but maybe we see for Forbidden Door. If Tony Storm was still the aw Women's World Champion, maybe we see Mayoiwatani as the challenger. And yeah, I would love to see because Yo Mayu is the IWGP Women's World Champion. And uh, maybe we see a title versus title and maybe Mayu wins it and they can have them back and forth, you know, Byu wins it and and Tony gets it back, you know, and in a nonvert title versus title match. A couple of weeks later, in Japan or something like that. You know what I mean. Uh, I've always better. I've always been a proponent, whether it's in the men's or women's division, to have the title won by a Japanese wrestler, just to make it interesting and make it a story, because you can't have a story if we already know the result. A story has a beginning, middle, and ending. If we don't have a beginning, we don't have a middle and we already know the ending, it's not a story. And that is, unfortunately, the way most forbidden door matches go. So I think it's important that AW and New Japan works something out where they can do a surprise. I mean, look, I mean, Mercedes Monet has all these belts. That's well and fine, but it'd be more meaningful when she loses those belts because whoever wins those belts is going to is going to be put over just by beating Mercedes Monet, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Ah, So that's that's Byoevitani is one of my Does anybody else have any anybody else that they think that could be a Is there anybody in a W. Let's put it this way, is there anybody in a W that you think should be a viable contender for the aw Women's World Championship, provided that Tony Storm actually wins it at Grand Slam.
Speaker 6: Either Harley Cameron or Jamie Hayter. Okay, that would be like to have a program with either of those two girls women.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd like to see that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Nett, do you have anybody in mind at all?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind seeing Carly Cameron And let me think who else is there? And I like, I think Jamie Hayter is probably high on that list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have I do have a name to throughout to you, and it does make sense to me. Bear with me here because I'm gonna give you a little bit of man's plaining and history. Remember way back in the day, when Tony Storm was just Tony Storm and she became the interim Women's World Champion when somebody was injured and could not have to relinquish the belt. Oh yeah, under Rosa, who just so happens to be Tony Storm's ex tag team partner in Thunderstorm. That's right, thunder Rosa never lost that belt. Tony Storm had took over, took it over because of thunder Rosa having to relinquish it due to her back injury. So now thunder Roses could come back and say I never lost that belt, I want a shot, and there you go.
Speaker 4: That'd be a good feud.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I for it. That's the one person on the aw women's roster. I think that Tony Storm could definitely have a really good viewed with, you know, and uh that's a good idea. Yeah, yeah, So so that's It's just that's the only thing I could think of, because you know, look, Tony Storm versus Mariah May is the focus for you know, mid February and a Grand Slam. But I you know a lot of people don't aren't thinking about, Okay, well what happens after that. They can't just keep doing Maria Man Tony Storm, you know, in an indefinite loop, because that'll get monotonous, even though you know they can visit it. They've got to take a break. Yeah, yeah, you know, how a boy the same token you've got Mariah May. You know who's gonna I mean, once she loses the championship, which she eventually will, They've got to have somebody for her to have a program with She's too good not to. You know. It's like you can't just finish a story and then cast aside the players once their story is done or reaches the conclusion, you know. So let's I'm looking forward to see what they do with Mariah May as much as I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Tony Storm. Whoever wins this match, it's not it shouldn't be over for either of them. No, I would.
Speaker 3: Definitely like to see more Mariah May.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, yeah, so it'll be it'll be interesting, you know. And speaking of Grand Slam, we have what we have two confirmed matches of course, Tony Storm versus Mariah May timeless, Tony Storm versus Maria May and Will Osprey and Kenny Omega against Kyle Fletcher. And and I just had a brain.
Speaker 3: Part wait, Kenny Omega and Osprey against Fletchard.
Speaker 1: I can't remember who Fletcher's partner is. Jesus. Yeah, I just I just completely you know, I blamed the pneumonia. Blame the pneumonia, will brame the brame the ramonia. Yeah, yeah, romania.
Speaker 3: A lot of people can't think straight. Kelson after takesha flashed us all on Saturday recovered.
Speaker 1: So yes, that has become rewatched segment rewatched. If it was a VH if it was a VHS tape, it would have been worn out as Phoebe Keats on Fast Times of Richemont Eye. So I just dated myself.
Speaker 3: I did too by getting a joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure that even people who are twenty is probably no Phoebe Kate's Fast Times a richmal eye. And if you don't check it out, now you do yeah, oh my gosh. But anyway, so yeah, so then we have the possibility. I mean, they teased it pretty much Buddy Matthews versus Okata, you know, I mean Buddy Matthews is AUSSI wrestler. He should be at at Grand Slam, So Okada versus Buddy Matthews. And I really liked the way they did it too, because Buddy Matthews basically called the cut a coward. Yeah, and I think it got under Ocada's skin. So I thought that that was pretty interesting. But look, even though Grand Slam is essentially just a dynamite, we've only got three matches confirmed and we could probably need about five or six. Yeah, the other Assie that's there, and she was, you know, out there and doing something on Collision this past weekend, and that's Harley Cameron. I don't like the idea at all of Harley Cameron getting a title shot at Grand Slam. I really know. I don't think that she should be. She's challenged, She's challenged Mercedes Monet, and I think, and I don't know if you guys agree with me on this, During Collision, she kind of gotten the way of the Vendetta tie A Valkyrie and Dianna Parozzo and kind of aust Diana Parozzo the match that would have given her at for the TBS Championship, so that went to yu Kaza Kazaki. So what I'd like to see is more interaction between Harley and and Mercedes. But maybe a Grand Slam, have a match between Harley and Dianna Parozzo or Harley and Taya Valkyrie, you know, or even a have Harley find a tag team partner, maybe Yukaza Kazaki since she helped Yuka and go against the Vendetta. You know, that's a good idea because I don't think that it's necessary to have Mercedes Moe a Grand Slam. I really don't because I just don't. I just don't. I mean, would I'd like to see your Grand Slam, Yes, but it's not necessary. I don't think there's a true meaningful match for it right now to have a Grand Slam. I'd rather see a match like that. Not all matches have to be for title folks, right right?
Speaker 4: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you like that idea for Harley Cameron to be going against Yeah.
Speaker 6: Just to add more to the card and have people just like anticipate for it sort of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so that's well. Now we've got four matches. We definitely need one or two more matches for Grand Slam. Uh, anybody have any ideas. I do have one other idea, and I'll throw it out there real quick. And that's something that happened again on Dynamite and Collision and they're really setting up. I wouldn't mind a Grand Slam the Sea. I don't know. Oh, a Australian Death Match, whatever the hell that is? Uh. You know Boom Boom boom boom. You know Boomerang is a big ass knives match with featuring Big Bill and Powerhouse Hobbs again, it doesn't have to be for a championship. This is the kind of match I'd like to see. I thought they themselves really well on Collision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really like that. I that that was one of my favorite things with them out there in the parking lot like that. So I'd like to see more of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's just my ideas is to have Powerhouse Hobbs, a big bill and of course the Harley Cameron Bendetta thing. You know, probably still need one more match though, So and I'm out of ideas, so let's see, let's see what do we have. This is what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Uh m j F versus Jeff Jared.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, well Jeff Jared kind of does look like crocodile Donde. Yeah, you know, so he'd be like a national hero.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Thought it's a good thought. I mean yeah, I mean I don't have a problem with that. I it's just, uh, I noticed that nobody's really jumping through hoops to mention any of the death writers.
Speaker 3: No, but I had a thought. But they'd have to, I don't know, we'd have to set it up somehow. Marina Shafir and make Bang.
Speaker 1: No and the only reason that I would like to see them too. The only problem with that is, uh, Marina Shaffir hasn't hasn't had a match since, so I don't know. I think it was the end of the Korean War. Was the last match?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is we've already got time with Tony Storm and Mariah May. I think that we have to get Harley Cameron in there some way. Are we gonna really do three matches and three women's matches a Grand Slam? Think about it. I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just don't see it. I just don't see it happening. I mean, two was pushing the ovelope. You know, as far as the A W mindset is, two is probably pushing the envelope as it is. Three would be just that'd be too much for you know, Australia may sink into the ocean. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see it. I'm just saying that I just don't think it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Let's get Wheeler Dah out there by himself, and I hate Wheeler you to, Let's find someone for him to wrestle all by himself. Who could he wrestles? Who's a good opponent for Wheeler D?
Speaker 1: Are there any good opponents for Wheeler you? Yeah, cel hm hmm yeah yeah yeah. Tit title match? Yeah yeah, I'm gonna do something.
Speaker 3: I don't like Wheeler DA, but they need to do something with Wheeler DA because he's just aggravating standing around in the background all the time. He needs to do something else.
Speaker 1: He's like, he's like a doorstop that you stuck when walking out the door. You don't notice he's there until it's too late.
Speaker 3: That's exactly how Yeah, so yeah, put him put him out there.
Speaker 1: Centers actually where that analogy came from, because it was a really stupid analogy, but it makes sense when I said it.
Speaker 3: It does, and that is what Wheeler you do?
Speaker 1: Is like, so yeah, I'm your idea. Now, keep in mind, keep in mind that they still have to do a Collision the week before and you know, the Saturday before and the Saturday afterwards, so they're not bringing like the entire roster out the Grand Slam, right right, but they do need to bring they do. So I have another idea for just you know, I know, a match that everybody would probably want to see, you know, and it could have you, It could even have Wheeler. You did it, and that is a seventy six man tag team match, because God knows, Tony kNN loves those damn things. You know. Just throw everybody out there and the winner gets I don't know, a pizza, get to bring home and you or something I don't know, get here's your prize, we can eve you. Oh good, you know, yeah, I just I have a filly. That's what That's what's gonna happen. They're just gonna throw a shitload of wrestlers into the ring and say, beat the crap out of each other, you know, for fifteen to twenty minutes, and the survivor gets, you know, a participation trophy. I really, I think that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: If they do something like that, they should put some home, homegrown talent in there and really give them something, you know, like if one of them win, they get a.
Speaker 1: Yeah from a local Australia promotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, like yeah, a local wrestler put one of them in there, and if they win, you know, they get an exhibition tour in a w for six months or something.
Speaker 1: You get the crap beat out of them by the death Riders. A w security, there you.
Speaker 3: Go, or they can join the death Riders. No one will win.
Speaker 1: The doorstop on the other side of the door purpose like squash well goodness. Uh yeah, I'm sorry, though, but I really do feel like we're going to see one of those multi man Yeah, yeah, I do, like I do like your idea there that though, that they should have enhancement talent from definitely cool.
Speaker 3: Definitely they should wrestle Crocodile and Wheeler Universus Crocodile to the Dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Special guest referee Berwin. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Winner gets that briefcase that Marina is walking around.
Speaker 1: Don't even get started on that.
Speaker 3: They get the key that is to Roderick Strong's chastity belt that she has around her.
Speaker 1: Neck British Robert Stronger married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, inside every about it kind of new Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just you know, I I I was thinking about that the other day my really warped mind. Yeah, like there next door neighbor and in the middle of the night, you know, like at one o'clock in the morning, you know, you're just dozing out to sleep, and then you hear. Oh God, I'm like, okay, mm hmm. There's just there's just some weird like couples in wrestling. There really are, yeh know. Like Jordan Grace just announced that Jonathan Gresham, who is her husband, his time his time is done in in in t n A and he's a free agent now. And I thinking to myself, was like, that's just a just Jordan Grace is so much bigger than Jonathan Gresham. You know, it's just it's just an odd looking I mean, Jonathan Gresham to me, and this is totally you know, stupid. But what if I think of like a woman for Jonathan Gresham, I thinking somebody along the lines of Riho or Yukaza Kazaki or that size, not Jordan Grace, you know, yeah, I mean Jonathan Gresham is I mean, he's if I foot forward. I think the way I explained it in a post today was that his size doesn't doesn't match his talent because he's a phenomenal wrestler, but it's hard to use because he's so small and he's built his five foot for he's probably too, you know, because they they exaggerate a little bit on those things. So he's pretty big himself, like, oh yeah, he's a. He's a. He's a very muscular, athletic guys. He just doesn't I mean, he's look at commander. He's five to five. He's bigger than Jonathan Jonathan Gresham as far as he goes the Commander in a ring, and he looks really outmatched, you know, by by people. So when I look at Jonathan Gresham, you know, he had a great run in a Ring of Honor. He was a fantastic Ring of Honor champion. But he he would not he would not have a place really in the current a W and he certainly wouldn't have a place in the main roster on w W E. He's gonna.
Speaker 6: He's a.
Speaker 1: He's an and he has NXT written all over and as far as I'm concerned, that's where he wants to get. You know, he could definitely go you know, g C W or something to that effect. He signed re signed with TNA. He's not a young guy, but he's not really old. I don't I don't know how old he is, but I would say he's I would if I had to guess, I would say he's lowered load of mid thirties yeah, maybe older because he's been around for quite a while, you know. So yeah, so let's move on to our pote presection. That's where we can talk about anything related to AW or professional wrestling as a whole, and uh just bring up a topic and see if anybody wants to discuss it. Does anybody have a topic that they want to bring up?
Speaker 6: Uh? Yeah, the maybe mcdonam smashing his head on the table?
Speaker 4: That was Gary? Who is that?
Speaker 1: Uh jd oh well McDonald?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did he he? He ended up with broken ribs and punctured lung, I believe, Yeah, he really messed himself up, but he got up and he finished the match.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like, oh, why didn't they stop the match?
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I mean I I was a little I don't know, I mean I had a lot of respect for wrestler that could fight through that. Yeah, just walk through that. You know, they would, they would be rolling me in. They'd not have to literally come with an ambulance just to get me to the bathroom, you know. Just I mean, I mean, I'm that much of a woos you know. He I mean, if you don't have respect for what he did, of course, adrenaline may kicked in and he could have been in shock even you know, but still, I mean, wow, yeah, what a what a performance. I mean people were talking about it too. I mean, let's face it, not a lot of people are talking. We're talking about him before. They are talking about him now because he earned a lot of respect last night. He really did.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that was something he's going to be out for like a couple of months.
Speaker 6: I hear.
Speaker 1: At least oh wow, yeah, they released that. He said something about today It was like, yeah, I punctured, you know, punctured along and broke several ribs. Not a good spot, you know. But yeah, but now that could be a blessing in disguise for him because now people are rooting for him more so than they many of them probably weren't really he wasn't really on their radar before, but now they want to see him succeed, which is, you know, a hard way of getting that attention, but hey, if it works. Yeah, wow, Matt, do you have anything you want to bring up?
Speaker 3: I was reading something earlier, I think it was in the aew Fans Subredded about the Dark Order, and it got Yeah, it got me thinking about them and how they used to be dark and mysterious and heavy handed and now it's like they're a comedy group. I would like to see them go back to their their dark side as well. And I I don't know. I I think that a good way maybe to make them strong and and build them up a little bit. And at the same time and whatever is going on with the Death Writers, is for for the Dark Order to be the ones that kind of really and the death Yeah, I think so. I think that that that's the group of people that if they really want to kind of go back to their roots, they should be the ones to take the death Riders down.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting thought. I mean, look, I'm all for somebody that's been around as long as the Death Right, but as long as Dark Order has. Yeah, come back, but you know, Dark Order is not a full strength.
Speaker 3: I mean they need to get it together.
Speaker 1: They need they need and a jay back, they need pressed advance back. Yeah. They they're waiting, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, See they need to tie it up and just like once and for all, either we're gonna be the mean guys and the dark guys and be the way that we were meant to be or just leave it all alone and go their separate ways. I mean point, they're just kind of languishing somewhere in between, like those of us that watched early ad w and know how they were versus how they are now. So pick something and do it. And I think it'd be a great way to end the pain of the death writers at the same time. So that's what I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's interesting because I made a statement about the death writers earlier this week and that your suggestion with the Dark Order being the people to take down to death writers. I don't have a problem with it, and I expand upon it by what I said in my post. I said, I really don't care who it is. I really don't. It's gotta be done. You know, I don't care if it's you know, an you know, executive order for the White House says, you know, let's stop it. I mean, let you know. I mean seriously, I I it's it's and and I will use that as my potpourri. Is that And I think I brought this up last week and I'm gonna say it again, and I don't know if you guys will agree with me, But there are eight titles in a W right now? Eight okay in my opinion, and I think it's the opinion of a lot of people, including probably not probably including Tony Kahan. I know for a fact that Tony Kahn feels this way, is that the a W World Championship and the Men's World Championship should be should be the big title in a W. Would you agree with that that no other title in AW should be as big as the AW World Championship.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree if we could ever see it better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I said it should be, so we all agree that it should be. But right now, speaking just right now today, at this very minute, is it absolutely not? In my opinion, it's not even close. Do you guys feel right now as we're sitting here talking on this podcast that the AW Men's World Championship is right now the most important championship in a W or the most significant or no? Yeah? And I will put it this way because somebody asked me what do you think is the most significant? And I answered them with like, look, I don't think it's fair to say which one is more significant than aw's World Championship. I think you can say which ones are which belts are trending upward, and which one is trending, which ones are trending downward, and which ones are holding steady. And in my estimation, the only belt that hasn't plummeted in significance as much as the a W Men's World Championship is the Trio's Belt, because that Trio's Belt is just it's like it may as well not even exist. It hasn't been defended in almost three months. Nobody's talking about it, nobody cares about it, you know, yeah, so so yeah. I mean, I'm not going to say the AW Women's World Championship is more significant than the AW Men's World Championship, but I am gonna say that the AW Women's Championship is definitely trending up you know what I'm saying. There's positive about it. They're not about the men's championship. That's all I'm gonna say. That's my pot pourri. And with that, we're going to end tonight's Ignition podcast. Thank you to net and to Steve for coming and spending some time with us, and we will be back tomorrow night after Dynamite for what I hope to be a really good show and we'll talk about dynamite and just have a lot of fun breaking down what we saw in the matches and segments and so until then, forty aw Fan Podcast Team. This is Kelson. Good night everybody.
Speaker 3: Good night everyone,