Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: Rosses loaned a bunch of audio this morning, so.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's gonna be a busy show. We're a lot to get into.
Speaker 2: In fact, if I could just get this thing to play nice this morning, there we go. It should be a very successful week, all right, coming up on the show we got of course, we didn't do a shutdown, so Chuck Schumer and then Chuck Schumer apparently decided that that's probably not a good way to go. And then Trump said a like really sarcastic congratulatory tweet or truth or whatever you want to call it. So Schumer, who he was calling literally a Palestinian last week, is now his his fake buddy. So again it's just and then you know, everyone's outraged over it, and then the moonbats are on the Sunday shows and nothing really changed, and oh except one thing. Only a judge can just shut down all deportations, or at least things he can, and he can literally order planes turned around.
Speaker 1: And then the.
Speaker 2: President just landed him in El Salvador anyway and dumped a bunch of trendy or ragua dudes off at that super prison they just built. So it's a constitutional crisis. So basically, I mean, it's not really, but they will tell you it is, and you're going to be greeted with that this morning, so just prepare yourself. So it's a long about way of saying that everything's the same as it was, right except for this little fun stat.
Speaker 1: Right here, which I.
Speaker 2: Took great interest in yesterday because I have been told several things. I have been told that he's already flipped it fascistic, something has to be done. We're essentially TikTok where Germany in the late thirties at this moment. So there was that I was told that, I was told that any all this financial stuff he's doing, we're cooked economically. And then I see like stuff costing less, specific things that I was told for weeks that were the greatest indicator of financial success on the part of a president, things like eggs, Like how many times did you hear about the price of eggs for the first, you know, month of month and a half of the administration? Right, I was told that it is the single greatest indicator of economic success. And then they went down, and then gas went down and inflation went down, and now we're.
Speaker 1: Not talking about that anymore.
Speaker 2: But yet Donald Trump now has the highest approval rating he's ever had. If you follow stuff like this and believe all these poles, he's tied I should say he's tied it. But he's on an upward trend right now, which is weird because it has been the constant drumbeat about how everything's hell in a handbasket and we're pretty much going to be in a theological dictatorship here within I don't know, probably by Friday and today's Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 1: You don't even want to think about this stuff.
Speaker 2: You want to dip out of work early as you have an excuse to drink on a Monday and not hang out with your coworkers.
Speaker 1: But how do you.
Speaker 2: Comport the you know, all the different news stories, the things that are happening, and how my financial future at the moment feels. I don't feel as imperiled, I think probably a lot of you. But you have questions, right because you're the media saying all this stuff. So it's it's interesting because people feel more unsecure financially, but they have a higher approval or a more secure approval or excuse me, a more positive image of the person driving the train, So you have to figure out, Okay, well, what's the disconnect there? And once again it feels like it might be the media maybe not giving you an honest assessment of things, And if you don't know things, ask things.
Speaker 1: Like here's the deal, I will tell you right now. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure how I don't know that there are honest arbiters out there. Of Trump's tariff strategy. I understand the part where they're used as a device and a negotiating weapon. But long term, if you're a if you're going to try to transition the US back to more of it being funded by people who want the privilege of doing business in the greatest economic market in the world, and you want to you want to right size taxes or eliminate them in many cases all together, well, it raises a lot of questions. Does what does that look like in the What does that look like in the short term?
Speaker 1: Right do you do? You do?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Maybe do a recession? I who the hell knows? How long do you get to stick it out?
Speaker 2: If you know, say you're two or three years out of retirement or doing a big purchase or something. I don't know, So I literally I gotta like text the financial guys that we work with on the show so I can ask questions, so I can sound smart.
Speaker 1: That's how that works. I finally was just like, I told, what's that?
Speaker 4: A few things? What one, it smells like glue in here? Like, yeah, really, how does that? How does that impact inflation? To a gas? Was it was two seventy two this morning?
Speaker 1: He asked?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I pulled eggs were keeper this weekend?
Speaker 1: Asparagus? What's I don't know about that? Yeah, you wouldn't know, would you.
Speaker 4: But a glue really bad rug glue or something, Well, it's new carpet or it's not new carpet all the way yet but soon. But also gases like it was to seventy two, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you just said it's two seventy one, So which is it?
Speaker 4: No, it's two seventy two.
Speaker 1: Where is that sheets?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was it sheets?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I really did do like a double take. It was like, oh my god, how much is the loach? How much was the peach shake this weekend? I did not do the peach shake this weekend, And it was really tough.
Speaker 1: You were busy, were your business weekend.
Speaker 4: It was really tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you busy this weekend?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we did a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: How many did you get? I just just cut it. How many did you get?
Speaker 4: I did not get any peach shakes this weekend?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, you know what I'm talking. Oh you know what I mean. How many did you get?
Speaker 4: I have no idea what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: How many? And not just you, how the whole family?
Speaker 2: How made you get? How many fascistmobiles did you vandalize? How many Nazis? How many? How many did you drive around indiscriminately looking for other people's vehicles that had, you know, were made by that Nazi and then you took it upon yourselves to vandalize the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not really a thing we do.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound like everything what everyone.
Speaker 2: Was doing over the weekend. That yeah, dude, judgment by the news I cool. Apparently apparently, well that's uh. Everyone spent their weekend just randomly vandalizing people's teslas, although there's a lot of them are not.
Speaker 1: Real good at it because now they're in jail.
Speaker 4: No, I do think the cyber truck looks stupid, but I'm not going to vandalize it. I'm not gonna lie what it does pass me. I say that that's a stupid looking vehicle.
Speaker 1: I'm withholding judgment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 4: It's just my initial reaction.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, here's the thing I want to I no, no, no, I totally feel you it because it does it looks weird. Yeah, I'm gonna hold withholding judgment only because I got to ride in the really fast Tesla when they first came out.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying, like, I think the Tesla is the first, right, Yeah, but I'm saying I just and there's nothing it's Elon Mosk's politics.
Speaker 1: You can have an opinion and be normal.
Speaker 4: That reaction it drives buying them, like that's stupid.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, I want to carve a swastika and no, no, no, no, oh.
Speaker 2: Do you understand Do you understand that guy in New York? You know why he got caught. This is this is the funniest part about this, because what is the thing you know about the cyber truck? What is the thing that like you saw Remember when Joe Rogan and Eli were talking and they did their thing and then the demos. What do you know about the cyber truck from a physical design standpoint? You shoot him, right, They're all tough and stuff, you know, that's the thing. So the reason the dude in New York literally got nabbed by police is the truck was so hard to carve a swastika in. It took him so long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like when the guy tried to blow it up in Vegas there.
Speaker 2: Yes it guys, it was so hard to physically carve in the swasta because you could see it that he took so long. The police got him. Trump Trumps must should hire him as his spokesman. Make lemonade out of this. Hi, I'm a I'm a moonbat dirt bag. I carved swastia.
Speaker 1: Cousin people's vehicles over political.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you the one that took me the longest the cyber truck, right, man, that thing's tough, but you know, and then he's like Jared from Jared from a Subway.
Speaker 4: Your weekend pace was great, right, if you carved so many swastikas, so many different things, your quota was all. You were so good, and then you ran into that cyber truck and dog cruise.
Speaker 2: The whole thing up. Man crews the whole thing up. But he said, now this is what I do. This is I am literally congrat by the way, Democrat, congratulations, you are the White Citizens Counsel.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: You have decided that you have the political strategy of your party in many in many instances is fear, violence and intimidation.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna go with this.
Speaker 2: And uh, they used to have a name for that, that organization that once Democrats literally transitioned off of that.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: What was the name of it?
Speaker 2: Ah, three letters, try to remember, and it was and to keep it simple, it was the three same letters.
Speaker 1: Mmm. They had the the the robes and stuff, you know, the one anyway, congrats, there you go, because like you have to just the.
Speaker 2: Mindset that that many, that many people over the weekend would be like I can just vandalize that, and I'm the hero.
Speaker 1: Is a hell of a mindset.
Speaker 4: Not only that, but they're carving like sawastikas into the cars of of like cyber trucks owned by Jewish people.
Speaker 2: Right well, that was the New York one, right yeah, And that's how and at that point, you know, the Jewish guy just set them up right, and it's just like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just evil, just yeah. I saw it on Twitter.
Speaker 2: No, the guy, the guy literally is a Jewish dude. You're carving a swastika. You're bad at it, so the cops show up and then you cry, come on.
Speaker 1: You said ross.
Speaker 2: You saw the picture I retweeted of the dude cuffed up, biting his lip, trying to hold back tears. Again, I very seldom am I.
Speaker 1: Like good, good, good God. But that was.
Speaker 2: Mana for the soul right there. I don't know what the guy does for a living, but it should be done.
Speaker 4: These are the people that like to like destroy like political signs that we've talked about this before, right, they have to like set them on fire or pee on them or steal them. It's the same thing, but it's escalated to like vehicles right elon Tesla. And we've said it before, like when I see a political sign, I don't like. I look at it and I say huh, and I go on with my day. When I see the cyber truck it's nothing political, I go m and I go on with my day. I don't want to be like I need to carve something to that. Yeah, I says.
Speaker 1: They're a vehicle you will carve something into.
Speaker 4: Or no, I don't think there is okay, but that's like mental behavior, Like what is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ah, well some would say doing the Lord's work. Well, they don't believe in the Lord.
Speaker 2: But you're you know, you're you're you're in the right, So and tell you you get those bracelets and you're like, how did how did this happen? Why didn't I just go sing a protest song off key in front of the front of the Capitol.
Speaker 5: Just play it a lot of mine?
Speaker 2: And by the way, why are you crying? This is the thing that kills me? Do you ross? We've talked about this. All these people think they're larp in the sixties right now, and it feels so good. You're not if you're crying and you're trying to get out of your trade, because that's the thing about civil disobedience. You're getting arrested to take the charge to tell the you know it's wrong what you're doing, but I'm willing to suffer the consequences. And then you hold up the peace sign and you give a flower to a cop or put it in his gun, you know, to test the wife and and and then that's it.
Speaker 4: If you're participating in some form of civil disobedience and you know there's not going to be any consequences for your actions, like AOC being you know, taken away in imaginary handcuffs. It's not actually civil disobedience or the Greta.
Speaker 2: Remember they kept recreating the Greta arrests. Yes, no, you're not in it, So own it, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have had a lot more respect for that.
Speaker 2: Dude when when they because everyone's filming him now because again, it took so long to carve at Swaska, and so he's he's all cuffed up, and and I if he instead of bawling like a little whiny B word, he's like, I do it again, right, I Like, I can understand that. Okay, this guy's alone, but at least he's you know, he's.
Speaker 1: All in, bring me another car. Yeah, you better not be one in the prison. I'll be all over that.
Speaker 4: I see one of the cyber trucks in the yard, dude, it's on.
Speaker 2: It's Oh my god, I don't care if it's over the other side of the aar with the other people of different color. I'll go right over there. I don't care. But now he's just like what I do, well, i'd have to go to jail for this.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, man, you just not.
Speaker 2: You're not lie up in the sixties unless you're all in on this stuff. Absolute loans.
Speaker 1: I now I count four over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there were a lot more before rests and then we you know, we had a couple there at the end of the week. So I don't know how long this how long live live this thing is going to be. But you know, we're five minutes away from a perfectly acceptable takeover your city, you know, lop off part of it as an autonomous zone and burn down businesses. Kind of weather across much of the US.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do?
Speaker 4: It's just this follower mentality where like, you know, one day they told you you were a good person if you bought this car or drove this car, and the next day they're telling you you're a bad person if you drive this car or own this car. And you're just following a law.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you don't want to be wearing the last year's wardrobe, right, you know, in this case for for moon bets, you don't be caught out. You caught out in the Oh wow, but plaids that's so last summer. Eh and and and they're clueless.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: One of the people over the weekend that was actively cluless is Senator Chris Murphy. He's on uh, I don't know nb's face then eight doesn't matter. He's on one of those Sunday shows and they're like for the upteenth time, for the upteeth time.
Speaker 6: Our new NBC News poll, as you just saw, shows the Democratic Party at an all time low approval rating. Why do you think Democrats are failing to connect with Americans at this critical moment of urgency?
Speaker 1: Would you describe?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, hang on his answer, which I'm sure is going to be a banger coming up in just a few minutes, because we gotta go to break here on the CaCO Day Radio program. Best show after the show is on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Search Cacoda for the podcast on the iHeart radio app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've never got a little Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 2: And also the very last acceptable bigotry in in local Weather.
Speaker 1: I have to do the rant every year.
Speaker 2: I will do it, and if you've never heard it, I'm gonna make a point which I'm not really trying to make a pup but I'm gonna make a point and we'll do that coming up here in just a few minutes. But first I'm hoping to get an answer here because while Trump is currently tied and on the up string for the highest approval rating he's ever had for the job that he's doing, a lot of people are like, hey, sure there's a lot of turmoil, but I like where this is going. The Democrat Party is at their lowest and it's important that they figure out why that may be. And so so yet another guestiman. Over the weekend, they had Senator Chris Murphy in there and kind of trying to see it. Maybe he knows, by the way, how did Chris Murphy become the biggest garbage human of.
Speaker 1: In his state as far as US senators go.
Speaker 2: Remember the other dude lied about being in Vietnam and Chris Murphy now with the all of the salacious behind the scenes, so you can look that up. Apparently it's the bigger dirt bag. So I did not see that coming. So anyway, so he's on face the people, you know, one of the shows this weekend, and he gets asked the question, which you heard, I'll replay it. What's up of the Democrat Party? What's the problem? What do you guys need to do?
Speaker 3: Ross?
Speaker 2: If you were a political consultant the Democrat Party and as said, hey, what what do you think we should do to turn this turn this franchise around? Would you have any recommendations maybe at the top of your head that might be helpful for them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say probably the best thing you do is not act crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're gonna go and not act like a lunatic that people don't want to associate themselves with anymore.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That's pretty good for guys.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not technically a com political political consultant. How did you arrive at that? Is it because you have eyes and ears and stuff?
Speaker 4: Pretty much?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was just back off a little bit from the woke stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: People are sort of tired of it, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gavin Newsom gets it.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Josh Stein's doing a little of it, calling it right washing.
Speaker 1: We're going to go with that.
Speaker 2: So, h Chris Murphy, what do you think maybe just maybe all right? Well, it's hear the question and the answer, I'm sure he's onto something.
Speaker 6: Our new NBC News poll, as you just saw, shows the Democratic Party at an all time low approval rating. Why do you think Democrats are failing to connect with Americans at this critical moment of urgency?
Speaker 3: Would you describe?
Speaker 1: Well, it's what I just talked about.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think Americans want the Democratic Party to stand up and fight and to take risks. Listen, I understand that had we gone into a shutdown, even for a handful of days, it would have been difficult, but it would have sent a message that the Democratic Party is not going to be bullied by Donald Trump. We are not going to let them write spending bills unilaterally that cut programs for people we care about, that give the president new and extraordinary power.
Speaker 1: I think Democrats in.
Speaker 8: This country, but I think the broad middle of the public as well, want to see our party fighting in exceptional ways. That is the conversation that has to happen inside of the Democratic Party, inside our caucus. And if we don't get that right, if we continue to work with Republicans, if we continue to hand Donald Trump more power, we are going to lose our democracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, Ross, you were one hundred percent wrong more lunacy, says Chris Murphy. Do you feel bad that you were that wrong? Because I mean this guy is a senator, obviously he probably knows more.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: You know, they should keep doing that, just keep doing it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, not just keep doing it more?
Speaker 3: Right? Right? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You want more? Weren't doing it enough?
Speaker 2: There were not enough instances of you running around blocking traffic and gluing yourself to stuff and carving stuff and taking over buildings and stuff and bringing down r you know, out.
Speaker 1: Place I want to go eat at or my groceries. You need more of that.
Speaker 4: It's like an alcoholic that can't they don't understand that they're the problem.
Speaker 2: Well, no, if you just drink more, Yeah, you don't have to listen to people try to have interventions and stuff.
Speaker 1: Daddy, you know you never hear ah, I can't hear you.
Speaker 2: I'm drunk, right, So no, no, you need more of that. So that's why I was trying to figure out your numbers. See how many tesla's you and the family got this weekend? Like you're not off to a good start. You want to join all the cool kids, of course, Chris Murphy will not be out there carving stuff and Tesla's he's just sitting back fundraising off of it.
Speaker 1: So there you go, some good advice right there.
Speaker 2: I go ahead and do that, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four.
Speaker 1: Like you know, who gets it? Chess dot com gets it, Yes.
Speaker 2: They do, you know, like every other aspect of digital media, newsrooms former places where people used to go to disconnect from stuff, so like video game reporting and all of that.
Speaker 1: Like every other aspect, you.
Speaker 2: Got a bunch of you got a bunch of moonbats in there, you know, one of the Whether there's a website called Fark, I'm sure a lot of you know what it is or not. It's a news aggregator.
Speaker 1: It was always tongue in cheek.
Speaker 2: I actually know and have met the dude who started Fark because he used to do Schnitch, the Schnitch Show, his morning show in Tampa regularly, because he lives down there, and I actually got to meet him one time when I was down there.
Speaker 1: And I've always enjoyed the site.
Speaker 2: But I don't know a few years ago, we're going back to the first Trump administration, like the people who handled the site and the like, you know, handle all of the links to get up there, and the headlines are like you could tell like he's got a bunch of moonbats in there, because everything is a orange Man bad joke. And it literally forced me to stop using the site as the prep things.
Speaker 1: That just because every because it also it also.
Speaker 2: Influenced what stories they selected for the main page to make fun of so instead and they stopped with the really edgy humor because it might hurt feelings.
Speaker 1: And it's it's like everything else.
Speaker 2: So if you go to chess dot com, what do you think you will find there?
Speaker 1: And that would be.
Speaker 2: Very clear Chess c h E S S not chess as in c H E S T. Because I think if you go to the second one it may be different. Didn't check it, but no, chess dot com. What do you what would you expect if you were entering that into a into a browser like a let's go there. Maybe stuff about the game of chess, classic videos of you know, famous chess players.
Speaker 1: Maybe they found Bobby Fisher. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Uh, here's here's an eleven year old Magnus who's playing one of the best in the world. I mean, you've ever seen this video he's eleven or twelve, Magnus Carlson and he's playing. He's playing. He might be playing Casprov or somebody, and he's bored and he keeps getting up from the table because he's you know, he's he's head or eleven, so he's got that eleven year old attention span.
Speaker 1: It was caspar he's.
Speaker 2: Playing like it's a how that's a wild video. He's eleven year old who can't sit still, and he's just like and he just comes back and makes them and.
Speaker 1: He beats him. Now, oh he was a draw.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought he beat him, but but it doesn't matter. He's an eleven year old dude, right, was like, how many of you have an eleven year old that can't sit still?
Speaker 4: And drive Kasparo a little crazy?
Speaker 1: I'm sure, dude, you know how disrespected I'd feel, because that's it.
Speaker 2: It's an ego thing at that point a little bit, and its here's an eleven year old. Chess is one of those few weird places where savant can come and just.
Speaker 4: Destroy you because you know, if you're a history and obviously Caspar is a student of the history of the game, right, yeah, he knows what's coming, He's like, this kid just drew with me, and he's like ten or eleven years old.
Speaker 2: Like he can't still right if he was, if he was in public, his mom would be yelling at me, you're not gonna you're not gonna get you sit down and you get your buppy when we get home. That's how it normally goes. It's like remember that scene in Goodwill Hunting where the one professor gets all like his whole world is destroyed.
Speaker 4: Professor Lambeau.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, no, no, the but first the other dude were the other guys having to tell the other guy, you're really smart, don't worry about it. Who was in there kind of helping helping him? Was that Lambeau was the guy who helped him, right, he was the main character. It was that other professor in that one scene where he comes in to like consult on it and Will tells him.
Speaker 1: This is done, this is child stuff. And the guy his whole.
Speaker 4: Worldview is just saying it's a burning like the paper, like the theorem in front of him, yeah, which.
Speaker 2: He's been working on to prove for like eight years or whatever. And here's a kid who gives zero f's just sitting there because the court told him he had to, and he's like, this is easy.
Speaker 1: This is insulting. There's eleven year old can't sit still and wants to treat.
Speaker 2: Can I get some liquorice? You're playing your cas bro? What the hell's going on? It's over at chess dot com. That's what I would expect.
Speaker 1: Instead, these people miss the boat.
Speaker 2: They're like, they're like the senator like that, we got to double down on all this insanity.
Speaker 1: So what do they do? They decided, you know what, let's uh, let's go ahead.
Speaker 2: We have to purge the great religious uh imagery of the game of chess, which is.
Speaker 1: How how old is the game of chess? More than five minutes?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's been around for a little while, but it has religious references a bishop.
Speaker 1: We got to rename this. So they like start appealing to chess players.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's uh what, we need to rename this because you know, bishop as religious connotations. And thankfully, the people who are chess enthusiasts are like, shut up.
Speaker 1: You're stupid, you're insane.
Speaker 2: Shut up, which was good to see, Like to these moonbats at chess, like you missed the boat.
Speaker 1: You had to do it.
Speaker 2: During the first year of the Biden administration. You had your window run around shaming everybody, changing everything, painting the street BLM in the lead up to the White House, which is gone. Now you can get away with all this stuff. But now people are like, yeah, we're done with this. You're all loons and the and the Democrat Party is going to double down. In Chess dot com, it's like, it's a good time to bring this up. Did you see uh? Do you see what happened over the weekend at Disney WW they decided to do the Snow week Snow White thing. They didn't have Rachel there. I guess her and Gal had a huge falling out and they just had Gal Gado there just trying.
Speaker 1: To salvage this.
Speaker 2: Because even Gal Gadot is like, I'm not I was. You ruined this, you destroyed everything. And so now they're they're like they were besties and now they're I guess they're they're frontemies.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know women what the scale is there, but holy hell, man, people are done with this.
Speaker 1: And the chess.
Speaker 2: People who are some of them are a little bit of a little introverted don't like a lot of change there. Remember, these are guys, some of them who to win a match will put a buzzer up their butt. Okay, they're committed. It is the only day where it is socially acceptable for you to go ahead and uh in the local weather graphics, UH do really stereotypical things. And here's what I mean by that. You know how when you watch the weather like around Christmas and it's local weather, so it's you know, it's like Don swineker w one of these guys are like, oh, let's see if let's see what kind of weather Santa's gonna have, and then they put out like the hourly or the five day forecast, and and you have the uh, you know, you get the the graphics where Santa's kind of flying through one of the reindeers is jamming out, and that's.
Speaker 1: Perfectly acceptable and people like it. It kind of gets in the theme.
Speaker 2: But for Saint Patrick's Day, it's the only, you know, holiday that is like one of those holidays that's very you know, specific to a group or race of people where you can put up something that's crazy stereotypical. Like so I've seen weather packages where it's like, yeah, it's Saint Patrick's Day. And then like on the screen on the side is like a little cartoonish leprechaun who's clearly hammered.
Speaker 1: He's having trouble standing up right, and he's just well, Saint Patrick's day.
Speaker 2: Wooh, he's got a pot of gold in a bottle of Irish whisky or whatever.
Speaker 1: And that's fine.
Speaker 2: You can go ahead and do that, you know you can. You can use the Irish or a bunch of drunks trope. It's perfectly it's perfectly acceptable. You wouldn't do that on I don't know single to mile, would you. You wouldn't be like, all right, hey, it's May the fifth. Yesterday was a nerd holiday. We're I have to get over that. But now we're here, it's tequila day, and uh, we're gonna get me a small Mexican dude in a sombrero with a bottle of a gave.
Speaker 1: And make him drunk and then we'll put that.
Speaker 2: You would never do that. They'd burn they come burn your TV station down. Don't get me started. On Juneteenth. I gonna have a dude dress. It's just a little cartoon slave doing a jig woo them free right, you're gonna be You gotta.
Speaker 1: Get the maybe some moonshine in there because you have to.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta do all the tropes. No, you never do that. They'd burn your other stuff down. Well on Saint Patrick's day, man, feel free, game on, do.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want. That's my beef every year. All right, real quick, Jamal, what's going on?
Speaker 9: I probably running to you.
Speaker 1: You borrow your muscle from the south side.
Speaker 9: From the Irish.
Speaker 3: I'm from the south side of the Iron, not from the north side, but from.
Speaker 9: The south side, the dream port of the south side of island. You know, we'll learned the clients it and if you had it on Geran tea you'll probably be talked about it. Bunch of light durs running down the TV have to eat their Sheril summer shot someone but to talk about the.
Speaker 1: Irish trans shop. Wait, how did you transition into a Swedish chef?
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that Barb Marley the Swedish chef.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: I don't think there's a Swedish chef like Avenue Turkey, the neat poking Irish.
Speaker 9: I'm Jamala here from Ireland. Why are you why are you putting it down? You had it probably with the black Irish.
Speaker 1: And no galla that Obama was Irish all those years ago.
Speaker 2: It's I knew it was up so and I got me green chocolate, Navy brew plaid cleaving me bagpipes.
Speaker 9: So they see this, your rude, pleasant being me.
Speaker 1: Celebrated rosta banana? Are you? Chet Hanks? Are you?
Speaker 2: Is this Chet Hanks calling phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four.
Speaker 1: That'll get things kicked off here in this hour, man.
Speaker 2: That first hour flew by, and it's mostly because there's just chock full of moonbats and audio today. So we'll get to some more of that coming up here just a moment, and we're gonna chat coming up at eight o five. I was, I was talking earlier about this, this disconnect between what the media is saying and what people are experiencing and what politicians are saying.
Speaker 1: Almost there's, you know, three different things going on.
Speaker 2: And even though right now Trump is now tied again his highest approval rating ever, and the Democrats, you know, for all practical purposes opponents have the lowest rating they've had. And uh, since I'm trying to figure out what it was. It was two thousand and two or three or something. The MEETIA would still tell you that everything Trump's doing is destroying the economy and everyone's future. And yet what's the first thing that Ross tells me this morning?
Speaker 1: He's super excited.
Speaker 2: About Yes, dude, gashes two seventy two with the sheets and wake forest man.
Speaker 1: So what's going on with all that?
Speaker 2: So I, uh, you know, we have different financial guys we work with, we're clients, but but also people I you know, I've gotten to know over the years. So if I have questions about stuff, I asked them and I I was texting Doug Ray's or a Greensborough guide. I'm just like just to help me so i can do a better job explaining that, Like is it just the media is one hundred percent wrong, because like there are some things that are tumultuous and and if you're somebody who just say it's there refreshing, you know, stock market tickers all day, you drive yourself crazy.
Speaker 1: So and I'm like, you know what, I just you just come on the I just have some questions and I'll just.
Speaker 4: Ask this on the er.
Speaker 2: And it's like it's important to be informed and if Trump is trying to do major transitions, there's going to be windows of time where maybe if if you know, hey, I'm gonna need access to this money, or we want to do this thing, or uh, maybe you know, maybe there's some better things out there from a financial perspective, Like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what it is because I'm not I'm not an economist, dude.
Speaker 2: I just know that the what I see on the ground doesn't necessarily comport with what I'm being told by the media, which is nothing new. But now we're talking about, you know, finances, possibility of a big transition, how taxes work, maybe even a recession, even though we just had a recession. But one they'll actually call a recession. That'll be interesting. So we'll we'll get into that coming up here at eight o five. Let me grab me a quick call real quick. We were talking about the sheer volume of lunatics who just decided, hey, yeah, you can go vandalyze a vehicle if it's got a Tesla medallion on it, feel free. Oh wait, there's consequences for my actions and then.
Speaker 1: Where they cry. So that was pretty much the weekend news cycle. Anthony, what's up?
Speaker 3: Well, first, of all, I want to say, you missed a perfect opportunity to dead name Jamal and his name today should be Jamison instead of Jamal.
Speaker 1: He told me what his name was in his weird Swedish accent.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, but what I was what I saw on Twitter all weekend was this. Then it was headed up by no other than Stella Parton the LaToya Jackson of the Parting Family.
Speaker 10: Yeah, talking about now.
Speaker 3: There's a there's protests, but the media is not reporting and in what universit does he live in at the media doesn't report something negative about about Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, because the media has got a battle with the part where a lot.
Speaker 2: Of these protests, Like we were talking last week with Steven Kent on Thursday and he went he literally drove by and went to where they did the Department of ed thing, which should be easy staff for and there was like six people there. And that's the that's the problem. Media likes to show these, but you can only get the camera in so tight, and so if you don't see if people don't see people there, they're like, ah, maybe this isn't as big a deal.
Speaker 4: So uh, it's it's.
Speaker 3: Setting them pushing tim walls every.
Speaker 5: Home there.
Speaker 1: Young Oh, it's two fifty eight Youngsville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you got all the way to Youngsville, Sir and Ross. Other than to go to the station and Raleigh, he doesn't leave Wake Forest. I don't know if it's because he's got an anklet or what.
Speaker 1: But that's not people there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's where the it's where the pe I gotta let you go through. That's where the peach shakes are.
Speaker 4: So, I mean two fifty eight is pretty awesome though, Yeah, no, it's I I'm not knocking it, but like, I mean, how many people did you know, like around January where like people you know, like big dams would be like, so have gas prices gone down yet?
Speaker 1: Or they price every day going down? Every day?
Speaker 4: Was Yeah, And I'm thinking about what you said before you took Anthony's call about the recession. Do you realize that we lived through a time where we were most of us were like, hey, this is a recession. And in the middle of the Biden administration, the world was so wacky that they changed the definition of recession so we would not be in a recession.
Speaker 1: Well, they only changed it in the way they talked about it.
Speaker 2: It's if the from an economic definition standpoint, which is a definition that is utilized.
Speaker 1: People don't realize that they have.
Speaker 2: They have guides of words as to what they mean from a legal standpoint within the government. And and so recession still means the same thing, two consecutive quarters of downward growth. Right, that's still the definition as far as the US Department of Treasury is concerned.
Speaker 1: They just ignore.
Speaker 4: I remember us doing a story whereas like Merriam Webster, Wikipedia or somebody changed the definition of correct.
Speaker 2: But the government keeps definitions of what words mean because it's important from a legally standpoint, and they never changed it.
Speaker 1: So you're correct. Merriam Webster was.
Speaker 2: Like, we'll carry the water fewz yeah, yeah, yeah, no, so yeah, they'll change that back. In fact, they'll probably only need one consecutive quarter.
Speaker 4: It's been a week. It's been a round up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Guy's a monster. Yeah, So prepare yourself for all that fun. Uh there we go, All right, let me get over to this.
Speaker 2: Uh how speaking of people didn't get the memo, Let me talk to you, hoot, the rebels, the ones that are still alive.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: What you had four years where you could sit there and fire your spud gun at the you know, the passing ships, and nobody was really gonna do anything to you. But what made you think under the Trump administration that this dude trump right now is you know that meme that says, I wish an mfor wood, right, It's that where the guy's flipping a coin into the into the wishing well there, and it's like, I wish, I wish a dude would all right, mfor wood, right, And just because they're just you know, the itchy trigger finger thing, what did you think was going to happen?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You're in a ran proxy. You sit down there in the corner of one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world. You're not quite some only pirates because you don't want to go out there yourself. But you just kind of sit on the shore with whatever munitions the weird beard I totally gave you, and you just slinging at ships, and you got all the ships in the world to choose from. Right, You got flagships from every corner of the world, which is why there are multiple navies from all around there protecting those shipping lanes. All you have to do is not shoot at a US air craft carrier or any you know, a US naval ship or a US flagship that is underway and being protected by any any of our naval fleet.
Speaker 1: That's it. You can shoot it ninety nine but.
Speaker 2: No, no, probably we probably have a big percentage. But you can shoot it like eighty percent of the things that come by.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You can sit there like your buddies that time you made a potato gun, right, and you're just like, I wonder how many cows we could hit from here, not that I would ever do that, and by the way, and then get really like a foot of my behind. But still we had access to a lot of settling, and PVC and metal piping were very handy, and potatoes, you know, so and then we got h Then we moved up to cantalopes and pumpkins, which was great as we were bored. And you can do that, and you can sit there with your small munitions and occasionally some like old school Russian rocket launchers that don't really hit stuff and then just boop fire away and then hit like one out of every one thousand ships. But you just don't shoot at.
Speaker 1: The US ones.
Speaker 2: Why cause there's a guy who can like, elbow a button and your whole hillside disappears. You know that scene an iron Man Ross at the beginning where Tony starks like doing the demo and he's just the entire hillside blows up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Jericho scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just it's that whole scenehere. He turns around, arms up. He's like, look at what he made.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a there's an E three guy on a navy ship right now that if he bumps a button, that's what happens to your whole country, okay, And you're like.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna shoot an ak at that ship. What what did you think was gonna happen? What the hell did you think was gonna happen? So what does Trump do?
Speaker 2: Apparently he is in the middle of a golf round. He's walking in and his spikes, he's got his golf shirt tucked in brod Ross. Did you see the picture of him see in the in their little mock because he's down in mar Lagos, So it's the situation room. You did see the picture in the red Maga hat and the shirt like the gulf, okay, but you saw the Maga hat.
Speaker 1: What was what was on the Maga hat. This is what I thought.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it was on. I just saw the little like McDonald's like headst.
Speaker 1: It's autographed by him, dude. Can you imagine?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine wearing hate for Sheriff Birch around with your autograph your hand that you wrote on there. That's dude, that's it's it's an ego thing, but it's funny. So he's sitting there in his you know, in his uh, you know.
Speaker 1: Country club appropriate attire, right shirt, tucked slacks, got the uh. I don't know if he had spikes on. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, most clubs don't once you have spikes, but he owns the club, so maybe you can.
Speaker 1: But uh, he's sitting there and he's just like, you know, I do me a favorite. Could you blow up the southern tip of Yemen? And they're like, yes, sir, And then he just watched it. He's like, wow, look at that. They all uh, they all got vaporizes.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of the old Bill Hicks routine about the guys in the ship testing the missiles. You ever see here, where he's like the two guys are in the ship and he's like, Hey, Bobby, what's F fourteen doue? And he pushes the button. He's like and he goes, hey, man, you gotta run.
Speaker 1: You gotta run your checklist and he goes, cool, what's F fifteen do? And they just kiddy, man. I saw I saw yesterday the UH. I was watching again the this is the things.
Speaker 2: But if you're an Iran proxy, this is the thing uh the uh the time we inadvertently destroyed half of the Iranian navy.
Speaker 4: If you if you don't remember that story, let me just tell you that the real quick part of the story. So, so I was right at what was the impetus for it? Well, anyway, so this is under Reagan? All right, this is under Reagan. I can't remember what I oh, that's what it was. Iran was was blowing up KUWAITI oil takers right because OPEK was mad because Kuwait wasn't part of OPEC and then they were undercutting the price and it was screwing up Opex price fixing scheme.
Speaker 2: So Iran took it on themselves. This is during the Iran Iraq War too, because Iraq and Kuwait were kind of friends then and so they would blow up all the Raq stuff and we were fine with that, but then they started blowing up Kuwaiti stuff and that caused gas prices to go up.
Speaker 1: You know how we feel about that.
Speaker 2: So Iran started blowing up Kuwaiti oil tankers and the US was like, all right, send in all the fleets, and so we went there and Reagan decided, well, we have to do a proportional response. So what they were going to do is they were going to blow up one of their two main frigates and they were also going to blow up an oil processing thing that was on land but adjacent to the ocean there. And we decided that was going to be proportional. And so the way that they did it, Oh and I ran it also put sea mines all over and a US military ship hit one of those sea mines. Didn't kill anyone, but it almost sunk the ship. So we were big mad. So we decided one frigate, one oil thing, but we're gonna show up and we're going to like give them time to evacuate, and so we did.
Speaker 1: We rolled up there in.
Speaker 2: Both instances, and then we had a US aircraft carrier kind of hanging out in the back for doing like flyovers for verification, but not really part of it. So so we roll up to our two targets and then we get on the radio and we're like, all right, hey, hi, we're here from the US Navy and we're gonna blow up your refinery in like twenty minutes. You all should get out of there. And they did the same for the frigate. They're like, ah, you guys, we're gonna we're gonna blow this thing to Smotherings. But go to the oil refinery. They're sitting there, and and then the guys like we have fifteen more minutes, like yeah, sure, that's fine. And fifteen minutes roll around like all right, everybody's out, and we could see them leaving, and so then we think everybody's out. We're getting ready to blow it to Smitherings. And then all of a sudden, some brave soul who had a mounted machine gun position adjacent to this thing started opening fire on one of the US ships, and.
Speaker 1: Some dude on the five inch gun just made his entire hillside disappear.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, you see everybody else run out of the Weil refinery, and then we, you know, we blow it to Smitherings.
Speaker 1: All right, so half mission accomplished.
Speaker 2: We haven't blown up any of their their naval stuff, but that's coming because the other thing. And then we're off to find the frigate.
Speaker 1: And we think we have it.
Speaker 2: So we send one are the A sixes or whatever at the time, and they're gonna do flyovers and they're gonna determine that that's the frigate, and then we're gonna tell everyone, Hey, everybody, get in your lifeboats, get out of here, because we're gonna blow that thing to Smitherings. And remember these A six is they have, they're not allowed to engage. There's only two ways that they can engage. They're just for visual confirmation. And uh, the one is the president at the time, Reagan says, fine, you can go and blow things to Smitherings, because letting the ships do it, not the not the fighter craft, or or if some Iranian military dudes is dumb enough.
Speaker 1: To shoot at you.
Speaker 2: And so we literally tell them on the radio, hey, we're here for we're here from we're here from the government. We're not here to help, we're here to blow your ship up. Uh, and we're gonna do a visual flyby don't do anything except, you know, get your life boats out and get out of there.
Speaker 1: So what do you think? What do you think the Iranians did? They started shooting small arms.
Speaker 2: At fighter jets, and when the fighter jets goes, guys go, oh, well that's uh, look at that. That's uh, we're allowed to engage. So uh, we used harpoon missiles. They don't have a frigate anymore. And now we're we're like, oh, well, hey, we told them not to, and so now we're literally going back simply to clear the sea. Mins we're done with proportion, and all of a sudden, a Russian battleship shows up. Now we're freaking out. They get on the radio with the Russian battleship and I and there is this is this is this historically accurate.
Speaker 1: You can look it up.
Speaker 2: They're like, why are you here and they're like, we just came to watch that, the Russian said. And then the other Iranian frigate shows up and start shooting at us again. So we dropped one down the smoke stack, like we're killing womp wraps womp rats in Star Wars, even though the A six only had one thousand pound bomb if he got it down the smoke stack and it blew the ship to smitherings and then it took out a bunch of sideboats and we ended up decimating half their navy and we weren't trying. To my point is, don't shoot at American ships. Hoot these or you're gonna get firebomb back to the last century.
Speaker 1: And you did. And a guy by a guy in golf attire. We'll be back.
Speaker 7: Smart talk all day ninety four five w you PTI and the Triad and one six point one FM Talk in the Triangle.
Speaker 1: That was very nice of our listeners. I was trying.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that I was I had I've seen the video over the weekend of that the whole story I just told you about Iran, and then I was like, ah, let me find out what that guy who the dude was, so I can tell you.
Speaker 1: And I was looking.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, somebody on Twitter is like, good to know that we watched the Fat Electrician, all right, So that's the that's the streamer's name, and he does a much better job of telling that Iran story from military perspective.
Speaker 1: It's really funny.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you want to go I try to see if there's like the video on Twitter, I would just recommend go to YouTube and just google Fat Electrician Iran and it pops right up. So and you know how YouTube leaks work on Twitter, so you're just better off doing it yourself.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you want to, if you want.
Speaker 2: To hear the totality of that story, I just told you which is true, which is true. I did forget one thing in there, and I so I saw his video, but I've also I've also seen a full documentary about this thing. One of the funniest things that I kind of left out is with the oil refinery part, where some dude, even though most were evacuated, like I'm gonna be the hero with my you know, with the gun of rambow. And then some you know, some twenty twenty one year old on a Navy destroyer just like hits the F two key and your your entire.
Speaker 1: Position doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: Like that didn't work out all to say the Houthi rebels man, you just need to take a break. This is time for vacation, right. You got to do the Putin strategy? What did Putin do under Obama? Took crimea right? You think he didn't want everything he's going after now. No, but you know, then Trump came in, He's like, yeah, I'm gonna take a few years off and then you know, lo and behold.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, look at that. They just hired a vegetable for the job. And he's like going in like the houthis didn't get the memo. Man, you know what you look like?
Speaker 2: You look like that scene in Indiana Jones a little bit right where you're swinging your sword around.
Speaker 1: Well, look, how cool.
Speaker 2: I'm a ninja and what is what is what does Indiana Jones do? He pulls out a gun shoots him in the face.
Speaker 1: Done. That was a scene that wasn't even gonna exist, but it was just too funny they put it in there. No, Yeah, he just that over the weekend. I heard you were Indiana jonesy and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I played the game on a Twitch. It was pretty funny. Yeah, and that scene Indian Harrison Ford just had really bad like diarrhea that day. Yeah, he had and to the bathroom and he was just like, can we just finish this scene right now because I have to.
Speaker 2: Go supposed to physically fight him. He's like, this will be easier and it's it's iconic scene, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they kept it in. They're like, that's great, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: What the hooties just.
Speaker 2: You're the dude swinging the h the sword man, the centaur or whatever the hell the thing is, like, God, I'm gonna get you. And you clearly see he's packing. What are you doing swinging a sword at somebody who's packing at open carrying? How do you think that's gonna go? The hooties, you, let's shoot at this Let's shoot at this ship that's got guns longer than any ship we have ever seen you possession of, uh you know, the Iranian navy or whatever. Yeah, we should fire at small arms fires.
Speaker 1: What that needs?
Speaker 2: So uh So when they turned that dude to miss on the radio, some other people were still getting out literally radio the ship back and we're like, we're not with him, We're we need a few more minutes. And then we got him out and then we uh we uh we we lit it up with the with the five inch guns and then we we sent there.
Speaker 1: It was seals that went in there.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, we said, or no, it was marines on that. We sent a bunch of marines and We're like, hey, Marines, what if we give you all the explosives and then we just we helo you over there, and then you can literally like set explosives on this whole thing so it blows up in one big boom. And the Marines were like, yeah, let's do that, and so we did. That's it's look it up, go go go watch it. It's a it's a really amazing story, but a cautionary tale. You know, maybe if the Hooties instead of just running around, you know, screaming and yodling in the desert there about whatever they're up to, maybe they should watch some YouTube. That's all I'm saying. Then you don't have Donald Trump sitting in there with his golf polo, going, what.
Speaker 1: Can we make that disappear? See that hill over there? I don't want to see it no more? Make it So by the way, Ross, we were president, would you be able.
Speaker 2: To risk and they'll certain resist the urge to at some point when you're giving a command like go turn that hill to.
Speaker 4: Miss go make it so I would not know I'd have to say it. You'd have to say it, and then dare somebody to call you out on it? Be like, you know what that sounds like, Captain, Captain of the Enterprise, You're like, that's not real. I'm the leader of the free world.
Speaker 1: Make it so.
Speaker 4: I'm still stuck on the fact that the other guys, like, once the guy attacked the ship, you mentioned how like the other guys were like, oh, no, that Bob. We didn't like Bob. He's always been an a hole.
Speaker 1: We don't Yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Don't like, we're not associated with Bob.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Can we have fifteen more minutes to get our stuff out of our lock? Please?
Speaker 4: Please let us live.
Speaker 1: They knew, They knew immediately, and the word did not trickle down to Southern Yemen hate groups there so, But of course, even though it's pretty clear that it was a bunch of hoothy rebels shooting at ships, according to AP, you're ready for this, this is the headline they run breaking.
Speaker 2: The Houthy rebel run health Ministry says the death toll from US strikes and Yemen has climbed to thirty one women and children because apparently, in the middle of the Houthy rebel shoot them.
Speaker 1: Up camp, they had a kid's hospital.
Speaker 2: According to them, that there's no they just AP just took the word of the Health Ministry of the houthis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would, dude.
Speaker 2: Number of daycares that they have inside, you know, military monkers over the Middle East is.
Speaker 1: Crazy apparently, and ap just ran it like, ah, this is what he did. How do we know? Bagdad Bob told us, Man, if you're too young, you remember bag Dad Bob. You missed out on some stuff. Do you remember Ross? Do you remember Bagdad Bob from the first Golf War back in the day.
Speaker 2: And then you know the Iraqi dude, he was the spokes he was essentially the press secretary for Saddam Hussein. And do you remember the videos of like three thousand Iraqi soldiers who would surrender to CNN cameraman like that, all that craziness, and then Bagdad Bob come out there.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, and we're winning. Everything's going great.
Speaker 2: That we said our we sent these three thousand troops over there and not a shot was fired outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they gave up.
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, if I surrender, can you put me in a pow camp which would be better than living under Hussein?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: But I mean, technically he wasn't wrong, right, What do you mean I mean he did not a shot was fired?
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah said bad dad Bob does it again? That guy was iconic man, and AP is like that, we got this. You're gone even know what happened to bag dab Bob? Do you get a missile up his butt?
Speaker 1: Or what does that? I'm execute him because he said something negative. I don't know.
Speaker 4: He works for MSNBC.
Speaker 1: Now, oh that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta argue with Scott Jennings, who just owns him. I'm sure every single day, yeah, every single day, all right, But.
Speaker 1: We got our own idiots. We got our own idiots, all right.
Speaker 2: Are you on the bandwagon that the NPR reporter intentionally hit Trump in the face with her boom mic?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It's it's fun to see people mocking on the air. I just think she hit him with a boom mic inadvertently, and he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: But here's what happens. You're concerned about the situation in DT.
Speaker 5: What are the hopes now to get the hot.
Speaker 4: He just became a big story to hyper.
Speaker 1: That is in a secret service, not dive on her those that's probably good.
Speaker 4: But I have seen like takes from the left like friends saying that you know, oh it was not only was intentional, but she she should be scared for her life now because Trump's gonna eliminate her because he's so pissed off about it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see, you know what, let me let's why don't we go to our our presidential correspondent to former Philippine president d'Arte d'warte.
Speaker 1: What do you think should happen? My orders? Are them dead? You know this guy doesn't have a not a lot of range. We know, mister d'Arte, we're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: How about the people have analyzed the tesla's even the guy who was crying because he vanalyzed the tesla, but because the tesla's painted and is so strong, it took him too long to draw the swastika on cyber truck that was owned by a Jewish guy that he ended up double parking to Subaru to do it with his car seats in there, and and then the police were coming and he ran away and he just left his car in the middle of the road. And then an hour later he's like, I have to go get my SuPAR u and then they put him in cuffs and he started crying, what.
Speaker 1: About that guy and and all the other shoot them dead?
Speaker 2: No, no, former President of Philippines d'Arte who had crocodile pits. He throw drug people into No, right at the Hague right now, you need to change.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I heard the Hague is so nice though this time of year.
Speaker 2: It is a nice time of the year to be at the Hague. Yeah, I want to go there. And you're just down the street from Amsterdam. You got the red light district there you can go. Uh, you know, busy day, busy day. So uh, all right, thank you, corresponded d'Arte. How about corresponded Race Stage. I guess oh fixed, look at that.
Speaker 1: Fixed it. Yeah, Cooper Rush is no more Cooper Rush. Yes, bet right at him. What do you need him? He got dak You're good to go.
Speaker 10: What's his name? Greer Grier has to take it a snap since like twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: He holds the kicks though, so he's got all he holds the kicks.
Speaker 10: Now I feel better. Thanks for that. Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: You don't need a Cooper Rush guy who looked like he might actually be around quarterback if given the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 10: The Baltimore I don't know what we're gonna need. I really hope. I think they draft one. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll see the Bills. Do you guys need some more quarterbacks for the Bills or some other guys they might trade you.
Speaker 10: Well, listen, we'll take anything at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's becoming clear. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: But then the Bengals aditionale a forty something million and one receiver and another I don't know what they paid both receivers.
Speaker 2: Cooper look, Cooper Cup if he's healthy, and cd LA. That's a pretty scary duo there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that could be.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: It just ended up there in age too though, So I don't know. I worry about.
Speaker 4: Understand, some of these players we're going to give for anyway your team did yesterday. Just see the players were going to give you from the Bills. Some of them really enjoyed, like the poppy seed bagels. So I mean, if you test them, that's that's the poppy seed bagel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 4: It's not steroids.
Speaker 1: Oh not, I got you, But you can't ask them about it. So don't worry about it so no kind of thing. All right, what's what's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 10: No listen? Rough day yesterday, I mean it wasn't widespread across the state, but uh I was covered on the TV network. Had a tornado warning at one point easter just east of the Triangle. Nothing confirmed. It looks like Guildford County hardest hit. I got at least a dozen wind reports here and some hen egg size hail, two inch hail, Lake Townsend.
Speaker 1: Some wind.
Speaker 2: Hold on, there's age sized hailed. You know my scam, You know the scam. I could run right now, that's right.
Speaker 10: See see you took the bait. You took the bait with the hen egg size hail, got it. Rockingham County reports of some hail, and then the wind reports coming in Montgomery County a couple of wind reports. As I said, nothing widespread, but from a severe weather outbreak that occurred that the storms did weekend as they rolled east and now we're continuing to see mainly dry weather, partial sunshine. Depending on where you are today, still might be a shower, especially for the Triangle east. Sixty degree temperatures. Some will stay in the fifties probably Triad West and into the mountains and then a cooler night tonight as well, drop down to the mid upper thirties, and then as we get in through Tuesday Wednesday, we're quickly back up into the seventies, so quickly warming up. It's that time of year we get these fronts of command, we cool off briefly, and then we're back to the seventies and above average for the rest of the week. Next shower chance Thursday, but sudd'll be back Friday with previously mentioned cooler temperatures thirties in the morning, low sixties in the afternoon. But really the best days of the week are going to be Tomorrow and Wednesday with low seventies and maybe some mid seventies. And Friday is going to be okay too with the sun coming back, but it will cool off some more seasonable conditions as will be probably near sixty degrees on either side of that, depending on where you are average by this time of year. I think it's around sixty degrees. It is pretty close to it, so when the seventies come back tomorrow will be well above normal. And yeah, and sixty three is the average. I was trying to find it, but my computer wasn't working.
Speaker 1: I just say that's all we want to hear. Man. Yeah, because we went at really good weather.
Speaker 2: So that because starting you know, this week, we all are going to sit inside and not do anything for several weeks. So right, yeah, here and watch basketball. That bit sectomies is yeah thing that too. Yeah, you know you can get them every year.
Speaker 1: I guess that's oh who knew? Yeah, well hey man, times off times the only friend I knew that had one.
Speaker 10: It didn't work, so so well then, yeah, they had a surprise.
Speaker 1: Well you gotta.
Speaker 2: I think we're guys gonna where I've heard a couple of stories. It's because they when they get home, they didn't after the surgery.
Speaker 1: You still gotta wait empty the magazine. Yeah yeah, yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I literally know adude that that happened too, So gotcha. It's like whoops, Yeah, I just they didn't tell you that.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, all right, science, thank you appreciate thanks for that cut. Yeah, hey man, we just we're here to make people's lives better, all right. Seven forty nine Hang on one six.
Speaker 7: Point one Sam Talk and ninety four five w PTI to the station's driving the best in talk. This is the Casey O Show.
Speaker 2: Oh man, alright, seven fifty five coming up. We're gonn We're gonna have a little adult to economics discussion.
Speaker 1: Although I'll ask very juvenile questions, but I just it's so what I do is like people.
Speaker 2: You know, we got all these different people that we work with for many many many years. We have real estate agents. Yeah, you know, we clients that we work with, but they also kind of I picked their brain if I need info, so you know, real estate agents, whatever it is, and so I then I gather the information and I use it so that I sound smart on the radio, but then I have.
Speaker 1: To retell it. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: So work smarter, not harder. We'll just we'll just chat with one of our financial guys. I just have a few questions and then the questions I get from people, but I don't know how to answer them. So we'll chat with Doug Ray coming up here at eight o five for a few minutes. Oh man, uh oh, got so much audio. Let me let me just get through. I was talking about the hoo they strikes, and then we got into that whole I ran story because it's it's it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: They were not screwing around.
Speaker 2: So you had Marco Rubio in the room truck, the National Security Advisor, and Trump's just sitting there on the turn, as they say in the world of golf, blowing up parts of Yemen, and Rubio's he's here for all.
Speaker 11: The problem here is that this is a very important shipping lane and in the last year and a half, last eighteen months to who thies have struck or attacked one hundred and seventy four naval vessels of the United States, attacking the US Navy directly one hundred and seventy four times, and one hundred and forty five times they've attacked commercial shipping.
Speaker 1: So we basically now.
Speaker 2: By the way, I like how you're saying the number of times they've attacked and not the number of times they've struck, because it's.
Speaker 1: They're not very good at it. Just FYI, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Don't shoot at American naval vessels or American flagged or supported ships.
Speaker 11: You have a band of pirates, you know, with guided precision anti ship weaponry and of adacting a toll system, and one of the most important shipping lanes in the world. That's just not sustainable. We are not going to have these people controlling which ships can go through and which ones cannot. And so your question is how long will this go on? It will go on until they no longer have the capability to do that.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this though.
Speaker 2: You know, one of the things over the weekend is obviously the weekend shows and their analysis of all the news, and you know the doom and gloom that comes under the Trump administration. And people are confused, right, not that they necessarily trust the media, but when you have everyone wailing going, ah is a constitutional crisis. He's going to destroy the economy. People get nervous because now you're talking about their money, their security, you know, what they've saved for retirement, or just you know, the money they bring in for their families, which were a driving concern in the last election, which is likely why Kamala Harris didn't stand a chance, right, because people didn't believe what was going on. But now we get some tariff stuff out there. Trump's trying to ruin the economy. He won't rule out in a recession, which apparently we're now doing recessions again under the standard definition.
Speaker 1: And I don't me and I'm like, I don't know, magic, I don't Why are egg prices down? Why is inflation down?
Speaker 2: Why did Rosky gas at two seventy two and at the sheets in wake Forest this morning? Causing him to be excited? Why is that happening when we're being told everything's on fire?
Speaker 1: And uh?
Speaker 2: So, what I do is then I reach out to, you know, various people we work with in the financial world, and then I use their answers to sound smarter. Well, I'm gonna cut out the middleman, and so I just asked Doug Ray, who's uh and just full disposure.
Speaker 1: Doug's been a client of mine.
Speaker 2: For over a decade in the triad, so there is that, but he's also the guy that I've gotten to know and over the years. So if I ask THEMB financial questions, he answers them. So I'm just going to bring him on right now and let him answer it so I don't have to repeat it to you. Doug, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 3: I'm doing thirdcase? I hope you are.
Speaker 1: I am, but I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure in your line of work, people are sitting there and they're watching, you know, MSNBC panels say that the end is nigh, the dollar is going to be done, and uh, we're all gonna be living in huts. And then people's experience economically is now different, right because egg prices are down and inflation is dipping and gas it.
Speaker 1: Is too early to tell. But what is the what's the truth here?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Because I'm sure, like everything else, it lies in between. What do you tell people when they're calling there like I don't know what to think, Please help me? And uh, how does that conversation go? How do you analyze this? Having decades in this business, Well.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what it's been. Uh been a will since I've been on with you, and a lot that's happened since then. Every Friday I sent out a email newsletter to our clients, so it's called from Doug's desk, And this past friday, I'll give you the cliff notes because I think it answered your question pretty pretty well. You know, markets hate uncertainty, and boy do we have a boatload of uncertainty right now. The tariffs are just a part of it. I mean, you've got the war with Ukraine and Russia, You've got the situation growing with Iran. We've got China to deal with. So what's going on is this the markets are adjusting to the Trump economy, and yes they're down, and I think they're going to be volatile for probably the better part of this year. But once the markets understand what's going on, I think we're set up for a very good economy and a stock market going forward. You know, we've got another thing that's pushing us as a pill within our millennial generation starts a fifteen year cycle of spending because they're getting married, buying houses, having children, so they're going to spend the most ever spend in their life over the next fifteen years. That's going to do to the markets what US boomers did to those eighties and nineties market. Now here's another thing that I've observed and a lot of people, if you if you look at the talking heads on TV, they they said this too. This situation where the Trump administration coming in is very similar to when Reagan came into office. Now, Casey, I know you're too young to even remember that, but I remember it vividly.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we had they got they got the Internet with videos and stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, you know when Reagan came into office, we had high inflation, We had a stagnan economy. You know, we worn't our military was not wealth equipped, right, and you know, they had to raise interest rates. Paul bulk or the said chief, raised interest rates to nearly twenty percent to get rid of inflation. And you know, we had a tough two year period in Reagan's first term, and honestlly, his popularity wasn't that good after that first two years. But once inflation came down and some of his policies on growth and deregulation kicked in, then we had a great economy market for nearly two decades.
Speaker 2: So why are you already seen and I'm sorry, I just want to pick on this point. So Trump hasn't been there for two years. Why are you seeing a downward trend. I've seen people who theorize it's just because Biden was spraying the market with three hundred and fifty billion at the end of his term. To Ya, Kamala liked it. And now the spending has stops. So you're getting that transition because it makes people think that the Wall Street, I know, your shock is totally disconnected from the economic realities out there.
Speaker 1: And it like drives that point home in people's minds, and it makes them not trust the stock market as much.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Trump hasn't been in office for two years, but Trump's policies are being put in place at warp speed, much faster than Ray can put his policies in place. Now, with regards to the stock market, you know, people can be a little nervous right now because we've had a ten percent correction. You know, they haven't seen anything like that since the market bottom in October of twenty two. But the problem with the S and P five hundred, that whole dual market period from October of twenty two till now was driven basically off of a handful of stocks, AI related stock and VIDI super micro anything.
Speaker 1: That did anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah absolutely. And you know the thing that that's not a healthy market by any stretch. I mean, I've seen that movie before that was called the dot Com Bust. Now, I'm not saying our market's going to go down as much as it did in the dot com Bust, but you know it's got to get to an equilibriate. The market needs to do that to be a healthy market.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense noe, and it does.
Speaker 2: And here's and here's the thing, because you and I have known each other for years and I and so i've you know, I've talked to you about this stuff. And I also recognize that if you got long enough, you know, I got a long time for I retire, I'm I'm you know, feasibly, unless I guess somebody comes in and fires me after the show. But so like, if stuff goes sideways for me, I got twenty years of scrolling with this probably yet so uh that's fine. So but the people are sitting there and you and I have talked about this, if you're if you thought you're going to retire about the time Trump's uh term is over, right, that's what's going on. Like, those are the people who are getting nervous watch this stuff because they don't have time necessarily to get their money back. So they're like, maybe I should put it in uh you know, uh howk to a girl coin?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: People are making bad decisions or rash decisions, And if there's going to be a tumultuous time, like do you re tell your clients you know, maybe you shouldn't be screwing around with this, right, now I don't know what those answers look like, but that's generally what people want to know because in the short term you can't necessarily make stuff back.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right. The one of one of our big sayings is this, in retirement, losses made more than games because you can't you don't have time to earn it back. And you know, if I think about it, we have a bear market, which is technically defined as a twenty percent loss about on average once every seven years. And if you retire at the beginning of a bear market, I could have a dramatic devastating effect on how well you're retied. It goes. On the other hand, if you retire, uh, just before a bull market, right, and your retirement may be wonderful, even better than your thought. So you know, planning for retirement is so important. And of course that's exactly what we do with our clients, is we plan for these kinds of situations. You know, we build their retirement plan around a time like this so that they'll survive if we do go down thirty like in eight.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just people, just people, just I understand why people are nervous and uh, and have a lot of questions. And I think that the media or Trump's opponents use that to try, like everything else, to try to separate people and uh and and scare them. And I think all the people want is accurate information and then they don't get it.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that you.
Speaker 2: Do, Doug, and I just want to give you kudos for this, uh, because you don't just sit there in your Gordon get Co office figuring out hostile takeovers or whatever you guys do. I don't know, I'm not a financial advisor, but but you do like workshops and stuff. Have you seen an uptick with people walking into those works by the way, just shameless plug, but you you have a couple coming up. What are the dates on those because you do these all throughout the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Actually, we have one that's coming Thursday night. It's taxes in retirement.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: This is an important workshop casey because a lot of people think and it logically you would assume so that when you retire, your taxes you're going to go down. That's what makes the case.
Speaker 2: Remember, they're flowing this whole and I don't know how, I don't know how I feel about this that nobody under one hundred and fifty thousand in income would have taxes, which I don't know. I don't like everyone not having skin in the game. I don't know how I feel about.
Speaker 1: It, but you're right. And so when people when you have these workshops, are you seeing more people come in?
Speaker 9: Go?
Speaker 1: What the hell is going on? I mean, what is what is the flavor of these? Because it's Tuesday and what are Thursday? And then you have another one Tuesday, just if.
Speaker 3: People want to say at six thirty and then the following two today the twenty fifth, at six point thirty. If you want to register for the workshop, all you'd have to do is either call uh win at our office three three six three nine one three four oh none, or you could just simply go on our website at bwelk guardians dot com, hit up the event tab and you can register right there.
Speaker 1: Uh But my question just to because this is not a paid interview.
Speaker 2: But even though I'm doing it, I'm doing this because I don't want to be I don't know how to answer people. Have you seen people coming into these workshops and like the vibe has changed? Are they are they more nervous right now?
Speaker 1: Like? What's it doing to the psyche of people real quick.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, yeah, they're coming in. They've got tons of questions, great questions, and uh we love that interaction, the back and forth interaction that people have. And yes, they're absolutely concerned right now, no question about it.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, he's getting like a high kai cup tea and a little soldier massage and then they feel bad, Like I understand why people are nervous, a nine hundred point dip on one day screaming about how you know the world's gonna end, and then the next day everyone's happy again.
Speaker 1: Like it's really confusing out there.
Speaker 2: All right, Doug, I appreciate anything you want to add real quick just before we get out of here. Anything I'm missing anything people should be paying attention to the and and should they buy hawk to a girl?
Speaker 1: Mean coins? Probably not? Huh right, probably not.
Speaker 3: Stay stay stay optimist, to keep your eye on the future. I think we've got a bright future ahead of us.
Speaker 2: All right, Doug, I appreciated this morning. Good and now I don't have to repeat your answers. Maybe get some of the stuff wrongh The Wealth Guardians is the website once again?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk soon. I appreciate it, my friend.
Speaker 3: All right, take care.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like I understand why people are confused. And again it comes down a lot of it comes down to what kind of information are you getting what's going on out there?
Speaker 1: And it's super mixed message.
Speaker 2: And the whole part about the disconnect with the stock Mart Like, it's the disconnect we saw in the last election where you know, the Biden administration was running around going now the economies, Oh, it's gangbusters, and people went, I can't afford food and stuff, And so I think people just want to crave that the thing they see on the ground is also the opinion of people who are supposed to be the learned experts, and there's this huge disconnect on this stuff. And then people make decisions like I'm going to take all my money and put it on red. What's the worst that could happen? Or they buy ross buys.
Speaker 1: What was that Star Wars?
Speaker 2: Was the Star Trek collectible or Star Wars collectible you were all gussied up over last week?
Speaker 1: Well, what oh that was that was Star Trek?
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 4: Action Figure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like put all your money in in retro Tuvix Action Figure.
Speaker 4: That what's gonna work you make fun of that's going to keep me like provide to me for at least in the my eighties.
Speaker 1: Really that's you and the family. That's for you. You did that for them. You're too good for me? Now does it? Can it? Does it then separate into two different characters? Is that too soon?
Speaker 4: I mean it should?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, making sure and then you gotta get a Jane Way doll to come in and make it so.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I blew the Jane Wave doll up. That's right out of the right out of your luck. Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Gravity will do that, crushed you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well anyway, we're gonna go look for Jane Way and uh, thank you to hug We'll be back.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 7: This is ninety four five w PTI and the Triad and one six point one fam talk in the triangle.
Speaker 1: What is going on into the music selection this morning? They're so, why are you playing racist Irish music this morning?
Speaker 4: Isn't it funny? How even like the Irish music we have in the system, the Irish beds are racist a little bit. Yeah, drunken Irish eyes.
Speaker 1: Drunken drunken Irish eyes. A classic. Yeah, what is there? Do I have a drunken Mexican sink of to my oies song? Is that not in the system?
Speaker 4: That's too far? Oh I see, okay, So.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing's fine, the other thing's not fine. It just goes back to my point.
Speaker 2: Like you see the weather thing with the drunk lepreca top of the morning, but he can't be bothered to stand because he's hammered. Now it's a weather graphic. You don't see that. See that in other holidays. See go to mile Let me see what happens on a Ramadan? Right, go ahead, go ahead, I dare you, I dare you to use some blatant stereotype.
Speaker 1: But now that one's fine, you can go ahead and do that.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, Yeah, for most people, it's just an excuse to uh, probably go and not This is like the whole week of not accomplishing stuff. Not only do you have Saint Patrick's Day. Now we're going to get into the NCAA tournament and UNC is going to be there somehow.
Speaker 1: Your day smarter? What else?
Speaker 7: Two point one FM Talk and News Talking ninety four five w PTI more with Casey starts.
Speaker 1: Now what is this what called blood of Chulane. I don't know if that's I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you you know, we haven't played. It's my favorite Irish jig. We should probably do that.
Speaker 1: When we get ourselves. You can never want online stuff to remember what.
Speaker 5: Made me down there.
Speaker 12: Put green gear away, forget your nationality because you're Iris today. When you get there, you'll annoy it's me. I'll be holding my Shelle Ailey, So bring your stupid paper hot. You wouldn't want to forget that. It's leprick cons and pops of gold, another stereo.
Speaker 5: Tight you know for tomorrow morning. Here's a trick. You'll be hungover. Colin second, I like an Irish lady vat.
Speaker 4: Cane will do.
Speaker 5: You might be a lady, but I still hit on you.
Speaker 12: You might turn me down, but either way, Lassie hop baside contacts day.
Speaker 1: But there you go.
Speaker 2: I just want to get you in the spirit, get you in the mood this morning, because some people are not feeling it, like this lunatic on this American Airlines flight from Savannah, Georgia to Miami. Oh man, all right, sock, So imagine you're sitting on a flight. You get ready to uh, you know, you're excited. It's pretty short flight Savannah to Miami.
Speaker 1: What's that? Maybe? What an hour? Ainy' much?
Speaker 2: You're headed down to Miami, and all of a sudden, the person in the seat next to you starts.
Speaker 1: Gyrating and praying, which isn't that unusual. I've seen people.
Speaker 2: You've been on a plane ever where you hit some turbulence and all of a sudden, it's sign of the cross going on over there.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: However, people want to deal with it, but they're doing more than just praying. They're like, it's also kind of doing the speaking and tongues thing or another language under their breath, and they're rocking in their seat, and you're like, I don't know what the hell's going on?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, some dude, his name is Medina Augustine, was on this American Airlines flight. The passenger next to him notices what's going on, and I guess they hit the call button because they're like, I don't know what they thought that he was having, like an epileptic seizure. And then all of a sudden, as they're waiting for the flight attendant to come up, dude, opens his eyes and starts and says he's praying because Satan's disciples have followed him onto the plane. I don't know if he works with that Texas chick or whatever, but you know that sucks and not everyone can.
Speaker 1: See him, and that's that.
Speaker 2: What can you imagine Roster being stocked by the disciples of Satan and now you're in a metal tube unable to escape. That must be terrifying even though nobody else can see him. So he does what you do when actual demons have followed you onto the plane in Savannah. Uh, he pulls a rosary out and swallows it. So because I guess they can't they can't get you.
Speaker 1: Is that how that works.
Speaker 2: I've watched a lot of like, you know, Catholicism inspired you know, exorcists or possession kind.
Speaker 1: Of movies, and there's lots of stuff the according to the movies, you can do. But I've never seen swallowing a crucifix.
Speaker 2: But maybe right because ross what happens if you're possessed and they put a crucifix to your forehead?
Speaker 1: You know the rules, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, burns, you burn, right, So if you get it in there before the demon gets in there, I guess I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. So they're like.
Speaker 2: What, And so the flight attendant comes over and they're like, yeah, this is gonna be a problem, bro, we need to This is just before takeoff. By the way, we're gonna probably get you off the plane here because we wouldn't want Satan's disciples harming you.
Speaker 1: And also, you just swallowed a full size crucifix. That's not not good.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, how do you think that's gonna feel coming out? Considering the all the corners on that not fun? So, so what does the dude who swallowed the crucifix do? He grabs the arm rest he still see it takes the armrest, you know how like a gymnast on a Poma horse does that thing where they grabbed for the men, they grabbed that not a Poma horse, but the thing the men have where they like lift their body up and kind of spin around with their legs out straw strong they are, does that spins around in the seat and from that position, Sparta kicks the flight attendant right in the chest and then also punched another flight attendant and started punching and kicking the seats and then hit a passenger.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The dude, by the way, I was flying to Miami, but that was not his final destination. He was flying to Port of Prince with his sister.
Speaker 1: He was going to.
Speaker 2: Haiti, so I he said he was going to Haiti to flee religious attacks of a spiritual nature.
Speaker 1: In the US. Here's here's the deal, Ross, you get to pick you live in the US.
Speaker 2: Uh, but you're under constant uh threat by the legions of Satan.
Speaker 1: Or you have to live in porta Prince.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean some would say we are constantly under the threat of demons, right right?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not just I'm not going by the way. I'm not disparaging that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, let's let's assume that he's not being followed by undercover demons that nobody.
Speaker 4: Else, no shadow people. It's just okay, yeah, I'm not going for Haiti. I'm choosing not Haiti.
Speaker 2: Okay, because you know it's I I'm sure that the shadow people are bad.
Speaker 1: The other dude's name is Barbecue. Do you know why that is? It's not because he likes no, no, no, no, it's not as I heard.
Speaker 4: He is mustard based.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that. Well, I mean, what would you expect from Lord?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think the nickname may have come from something something else. I spent eight years in Catholic school, and yeah, no, no, no, I did the whole Catechism thing.
Speaker 1: I was raised Catholic. They never went over the swallowing of the Rosary, right, no, none of that.
Speaker 2: Now, if he got the crucifix off and it's just beads, then maybe it won't be so bad and you might even enjoy it. But I don't think that's gonna work out. So I'm assuming they probably tried to tay. They took him to the hospital to do a mental evil. I'm shocked, but yeah, so there you go. And of course he didn't delayed everybody's flags going to Miami. Although this is not the time to go to Miami during spring break. I made the mistake of flying through their spring break and like everyone's out of their damn minds.
Speaker 4: Man, did you go there for one of the older Riley segments where they put you on the beach and they're like, can you believe it?
Speaker 2: Where you're supposed to send Jesse Waters there so they could do a ten minute segment of just gyrating right, and they're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is can you believe what's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ah, the humanity out it. And then let's show more girls at a wet T shirt contest. These could be your daughters. Let us zoom in so you can see if it's your daughter. Yeah, that was so shameless, man.
Speaker 1: But I bet his ratings were banging though.
Speaker 2: I bet you're sitting in that ratings meeting like we do on Tuesday, they're like, all right, how we do last week? And they're like, you're not gonna believe this. It was off the charts sheer insanity, man, And sorry, but.
Speaker 1: I know that's what they had. That's when they had the big fight in the d Concourse there.
Speaker 2: Because I fly, I tend to fly American and I've never encountered a Rosary Swallen spartakick, dude, but I have been there right after they had the melee in the D Concourse under the American Airlines Lounge, which if you know where the one is in like D thirty there it kind of is over and that's where they have the Irish pub.
Speaker 1: There and that Cuban restaurant.
Speaker 2: It's very popular part and they have the whole rotunda there is rocky chairs, and I guess a bunch of people for spring break. This is when they were leaving, got to the airport and there weren't enough rocking chairs. So instead of playing, you know, the musical chairs, like, let's play fight everybody for rocking chairs, and they did, and it was a whole thing that was on the news there. So the best to be avoided during certain times.
Speaker 1: Of the year.
Speaker 2: So not really surprised because it is the crazy time right now. Raced Agic from the Weather Channel. He's hopefully here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: So some lunatics on an American Airlines flight to Miami from Georgia and starts telling the person next to him for takeoff that the legions of Satan have followed him onto the plane. So he pulls a rose around and swallows it, which I'm sure is gonna feel real good coming out, and then Sparta kicks flight attendant and then punches another one in a passenger.
Speaker 3: So wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it depends on how coats with the peasants man right here, yeah, never know, Yeah.
Speaker 10: That's exciting. It depends on how big the cross is though, I mean, that's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. It's it's still got a lot of sharp edges.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you get it. You're gonna think you're possessed and you're sitting on the toilet there.
Speaker 2: All right, good, it is a good freak out on an airplane and Sparta kick flight attendant's weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 10: Step in the eastern New England where it's still raining. But we had our share. Some of the higher totals were from about let's say, High Point. What's it sound, greensword the triad in points east. I got a four inch total here with some of the thunderstorms yesterday where Willow Spring just south.
Speaker 1: You should not word it city. What's that anyway? Go ahead? Thanks, well, come on, don't tell us about your four inch total.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Yes, four inches and two and a half. A little further south through Fayetteville, there were some severe storms yesterday, no tornadoes reported, but some wind damage and through Guildford County, So that's kind of the wind and precip story. Temperature wise, it's in the thirties now to the west, and still seeing some fifties in and around the triangle. So the coolest stairs still hasn't quite gotten to everybody, but it will and we'll have some pretty decent weather now from this point forward. Most of the showers, if not all of them, are now well east and out off the coast, and improving weather, with most of them getting into sunshine today from west to east. If you're not there partial sun anyway, might get back to sixty tonight, clear and low to mid thirties. So tomorrow morning it's going to be chillier, and then we'll get back near seventy degrees Tomorrow, well into the seventies. Wednesday, mostly sunny both of those days before showers come back Thursday. Then the sun comes back Friday with more seasonable temperatures right around sixty degrees. A pretty good week on all just that shower chance Thursday. I don't think any severe weather this week.
Speaker 2: See, by the way, if you're the South Carolina State player, you have to transfer now right which one?
Speaker 1: Oh, so you guess we had with South So South.
Speaker 2: Carolina State was playing North Fook State for a bid whether the auto bids for their right and all right, we'll just listen to this.
Speaker 1: Well right at the end of the game six, All right, so what happens is the South Carolina State player.
Speaker 2: He steals the ball, goes back and ties it at sixty five, so inbound Norfolk State, and this idiot chases him down and intentionally fouls the guy because he didn't he didn't see.
Speaker 1: What the score was.
Speaker 2: You didn't know what the score was, so he fouled him thinking they were down so that they could and so Norfolk State just had to make, you know, either of those free throws and that was the end of the game. So South Carolina State lost their bid. Oh but yeah, you got to move at that point, I think so. Yeah, all right, yeah, we'll.
Speaker 1: Get into more basketball. I'm sure coming up. All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. Have a good one. Yep, yep, there you go.
Speaker 2: Raced agic from the Weather Channel. All right, Jeff Bellinger is coming up next. Hang on creeping up on eight to fifty three.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bellinger. Jeffrey, you Irish. Do you get to go party today? Possibly? A tiny, tiny bit. According to my parents, that's all you need. All right, that's before we do that, we got to do business. So let's do business. What's going on today, sir? All right?
Speaker 13: Well, retail sales rose last month, not by as much as expected. The government reports overall sales ticked up two tenths percent. Sales for the control group were up one percent, a little more than predicted. The control group excludes food services, auto dealers, building materials, and gas stations.
Speaker 1: Stock market futures are mixed now.
Speaker 13: S and P futures are up two points, and the Nasdaq futures are up forty three Now future is still lower by seventy two points, but that is an improvement in just the last half hour. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessant was interviewed over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Investors didn't really like what he had to say.
Speaker 13: Bessant was on NBC's Meet the Press. He said the recent downturn in the stock market does not worry him. He said corrections are healthy normal. Federal Reserve policymakers meet tomorrow and Wednesday to discuss the economy and interest rates. Economists think it's a safe bed. Infrastrates will be left unchanged this time around a Walmart squaring off against Big Pharma, the giant retailer issuing many of the nation's biggest pharmaceutical companies, accusing them of inflating the prices of hundreds of generic drugs. Walmart says it's been forced to pay more than it should have for the medications. The operator of the fashion retailer Forever twenty one, has filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy. The company says it will wind down its operations, but it will still seek a going concern transaction or an asset sale. In case, Apple is planning some big changes to its iPhone line up. Our Mark German reports the iconic smartphone will be made slimmer, making use of fresh components and new design standards. Aside from being thinner, the phone won't look all that different from the front, but the inner workings will be upgraded. A lot of work had to be be done to make the battery thinner and the phone more efficient, so battery life would not be compromised.
Speaker 2: Casey, okay, soin I just took the update. I don't know if you have an iPhone, Cheff. Do you have an iPhone?
Speaker 3: I do? Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you take the most recent update?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 13: One day last week.
Speaker 2: Dude, I woke up this morning butt my phone had not been plugged in. It was like an eighty percent. It was down to like forty five percent.
Speaker 1: So I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know that update. I just did it yesterday and all of a sudden my batteries just haked.
Speaker 1: So something like that and turned on. Yeah yeah, plug that thing in. All right, Jeff, appreciate it. Have a good one there.
Speaker 2: You do the same, Take care, pep all right, And I have just to be I have an iPhone thirteen still because I don't Unlike some.
Speaker 1: People, I don't care because they just told.
Speaker 2: Did they just tell me I'm available for an upgrader, So I just don't care if my phone works. I'm fine, Like had a I had a three forever, then I had a seven forever, and then I had a thirteen. So that's how and Ross Ross had a bag phone for twelve years I don't know, or whatever. You had, like a really old iPhone you only like upgraded what like two years ago or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just paid mine off in they're trying to get me to buy a new one. I'm like, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Now that works. Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: Although the battery thing is that seems by design. Hey, real quick, we're just talking about the cost of stuff. A woman arrested. An Alabama woman was arrested over the weekend for selling her baby. All right, Ross, what do you think the current price for a baby is in methas? Stand there, it's got to be a few thousand, fifty bucks you're correct, fifty bucks and and a gift card for clothes at an off brand a clothing store, so like it's a resell store, like a Plato's Closet kind of thing. And that was also fifty dollars, So fifty dollars cash and fifty dollars at one of those Reselle clothing store gifts or tips.
Speaker 4: So at this point they just take the baby away, right, yeah, they yeah, at.
Speaker 1: That point they do. She apparently drove to Arkansas to sell the baby.
Speaker 2: And now look, you know right now, if you got to buy babies at the dip and then you resell them, you know once they go up.
Speaker 1: But how do you know what the dip is?
Speaker 2: I would argue fifty dollars for a baby and then with plus a gift card probably might be the dip because you can flip rush. You ever flipped the baby. It's I mean, there's a lot of money to be made there flipping babies. I'm going to start one of those those schools that are really Ponzi schemes on flipping babies for cash and profit.
Speaker 1: So nobody's really filled that niche.
Speaker 4: If you're at home, please don't flip your baby what.
Speaker 2: No, No, not physically flip the baby, but you know, like like the house flippers thing, you want to do it that way, you're just flipping babies.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they got winto that. I guess the sister was like, she does.
Speaker 2: She came back, she doesn't never baby, but she's got new blouse, so might want to look into that, And they did, and she sold it to a couple in Arkansas who really wanted a baby, but I guess really didn't have a lot of money.
Speaker 1: So there you go.