Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio. We defining local news. Wait a minute, I'm not ready for this six o'clock Tuesday morning here in Boston. Clouds and some rain this morning. It is fifty three degrees here in Boston. Pretty windy too. The News at six brought to us by your New England's Toyota Dealer, your hybrid all wheel drive headquarters. Thanks for being here this Tuesday. I'm Jeff Brown. Of course, you know the drill. April showers, mayflowers and a rain along the south coast of Cape in the Islands. Then windy and colder for the rest of today, with cloud giving way to increasing amounts of sunshines. WBZ achi weather meteorologist Joe Lundberg hides in the fifties today, only in the forties tomorrow. You know what they say, when it rains, it pours, No, it really pours. A new study in fact backs it up.
Speaker 2: New research finds rainstorms in the US are much more intense these days compared to just a few decades ago. Climate change to blame for intense storms that can cause lash, flooding, landslides, and dangerous driving conditions. A new report from Climate Central finds the intensity of hourly rainfall increased by fifteen percent over the last fifty plus years, and most of the nearly one hundred and fifty locations analyzed. Jay Willette WBZ Boston's news Radio the White House honeymoon might be over. New survey from Harvard finds President Trump's approval rating continues to slip. Now stands at fewer than half of American voters with an Oval Office thumbs up. That's down from fifty two percent last month. With a slip among several issues, including the US economy and international affairs, official say, still, mister Trump's approval rating is holding up and much higher than former President Joe Biden's okay at the same point in his presidency. The White House keeps an eye on special elections in Florida and Wisconsin. Today, voters in the Sunshine State will decide on two vacant House seats that could become a mandate for the GOP or become a change in the balance of power on Capitol Hill. Elections in the first and SIXX congressional districts in Florida for the seats formerly occupied by Congressman Matt Gates and Mike Waltz in Wisconsin. Meantime, it's a tipping point of the state Supreme Court as Elon Musk pumps a million dollars into the hands of two supporters of the Republican candidate while avoiding a challenge from Democrats when that same Supreme Court decided not to hear the arguments of vote buying. The winner will tip the political scales in that state's highest court. Bruins hope to end an eight game slide tonight. They're back at the Garden against the Washington Capitals. Celtics go perfect on the road trip and bring a nine game winning streak back home after beating the Grizzlies in Memphis, and March Madness continues the call on ESPN. Yukon women punch their ticket to the Final Four with a big win last night. They'll take on UCLA Friday nights for the Red Sox. At least you can't lose when you don't play, and they're not playing today, it's a day off. Wbz's Drew mo'holland is here with some of the mayhem from Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Good morning, and good morning, Jeff Yes.
Speaker 3: Socks and Orioles Will go again tomorrow night. Options for you, you know, I like options. Would you like the good or the bad news?
Speaker 1: First? I'm gonna go with the bad news.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: The Red Sox are one and four. They've never made the playoffs after losing for their first five.
Speaker 1: Game, less encouraging.
Speaker 3: Raphael Devers is now over nineteen with fifteen k's, which, as you know, is not good, historically bad, historically bad. Can we just touch on the good news just a little bit? The Red Sox just locked up, as in the whole Garrett Crochet to a six year deal, a Red Sox nation applauding that a little spending here in the early season.
Speaker 1: Okah, Red Sox stop it, all right, Well we got that one done, all right, thank you, Drew.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Today is April first, and it means we finished the month, the entire month of March with zero inches of snow in Boston's, first time in a while that's happened. The average snowfall in the month of March usually is just a little bit above eight inches here in the city. Very warm wrap up to the month, with high temperatures well into the sixties yesterday. We're still mild this morning, and most of the overnight downpours are peeling on a dodge. Who are still seeing some rain over the South Shore, the South Coast Cape and islands this morning, but that'll be gone in the next couple of hours. It is going to start unsettled today with a bit of wind here and there under mostly cloudy skies to begin, but some sunshine will work its way in high Temperatures will be in the fifties, partly cloudy and getting chilly overnight tonight, low's round freezing tomorrow, We unfortunately do not get out of the forties tomorrow the mix of sun and clouds, and then on Thursday we rebound nicely. We're in the mid sixties again, cloudy, breezy, the chance for more rain on the way, and still in the sixties to wrap up the work week on Friday. Right now in Boston, cloudy skies in fifty two degrees here in the city on this Tuesday morning, it's six oh six. Another sure sign of spring returns to Boston. It's street sweeping season.
Speaker 5: It's April first, but folks with the Boston Transportation Department are not falling around when it comes to straight cleaning, parking restrictions. As evident by this car on West Broadway with a ticket under its wiper. Well, would it be April first and it goes all the way to November.
Speaker 6: Make sure you check you signs because we had ticketing and depending on what the area is with towing.
Speaker 1: Too, you almost ticket in me. I feel like, yeah, would.
Speaker 2: See we had you know, we had you go to the other side. But if you weren't in the car, we just give you that courtesy.
Speaker 5: You know, we getting ready to ticket to avoid a ticket or even worse, a toe. You can check out the street sweeping schedule on the city's website and sign up for email alerts and Soalthy James Rojas w b Z Boston SNOOS.
Speaker 1: Radio Finally back on Earth, only two things matter to need a mastronaut, Sunny Williams.
Speaker 7: I wanted to hug my husband and hug.
Speaker 1: My ducks after nine months in space.
Speaker 8: Sonny and fell and assa astronaut, Butch Wilmore say they had no idea. So many people were following their story.
Speaker 7: Honored and humbled by the fact of when we came home, like, wow, there's there are a lot of people who are interested, very thankful, very amazed. That we could hopefully be one positive element to bring people together.
Speaker 8: Issues with their Boeing style and our capsule kept them aboard the ISS longer than expected, but both Sonny and Butch say they try for the possibility of an extended stay, and they're both looking to the future to help improve spaceflight.
Speaker 1: To prevent some of these curves.
Speaker 5: Is what we have to do as we leave lower thorbit and go beyond to the Moon and beyond.
Speaker 8: That, Burke McCarthy WBZ, Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: It's Veteran's Day of sorts, said Lynn City Hall.
Speaker 6: This ceremony here in the foyer of Lynn City Hall included a proclamation from Mayor Jared Nicholson proclaiming March thirty first to be Vietnam Veterans Day in the City of Lynn, and.
Speaker 3: Then is proud of the sacrifices made by those from our city who served with bravery and distinction in the Vietnam War, most especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Speaker 6: For those who served in Vietnam, like Marine veteran Bob Lennon, ceremonies like this mean a lot.
Speaker 4: We always did feel that we're part of an important group. However, the rest of the country at that time did not honor us. Ever since nine to eleven, people are saying thank you for your service.
Speaker 6: The ceremony concluded with the reading of those killed in the line of service in Vietnam, followed by a moment of silence from land Carl Stephens, WBC Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Jeff Brown, WBZ Boston's News Radio.