Speaker 1: In the same old sports media.
Speaker 2: Are you tired of hot fakes, argument and questions that are just completely off base?
Speaker 3: Luckily we have something for you, touchdowns and tangsine of the people, for the people, by people who care about the culture.
Speaker 1: Commentary. Hm, that's some good people.
Speaker 2: Touchdowns and tangents here not officially live, but you get you get the drift. Hawthorne, California on pd Caamrio. He is Kenneth Berry, and we're here to talk a little bit about the rest of the draft. Bast time you heard us was on the day of the first round. Now we've got a week or so to really kind of let the dust set on and digest the full seven round in NFL Draft that occurred last week.
Speaker 1: With all that in mind, Kenny.
Speaker 2: Just I think you said when I asked you kind of what the headline would be. I think you said that there was going to be a lot of I don't remember what you said. Did you say there was gonna be a lot of lament taking. Yeah, No, that's not what you said. That sound like something you could say running backs. No, tryn't say there was going to be a run on running backs. No, that's not what receivers. You said that before, but when I asked you on the day, I don't remember. I have to go back and listen to it. Anyways, as of now, like, what do you think the overall headline of the draft is?
Speaker 1: I think good teams got better. I think you had a bad draft in this draft. That's just your fault.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the draft where a lot of teams kind of rounded out their rosters. I feel like there was a lot of talent sprinkled out throughout the middle round.
Speaker 1: I mean we talked about it leading up to it.
Speaker 2: I mean there were guys that could have fallen anywhere from the first round to the fourth round, and you saw that unfold with the guy at your door and get his number called until the fourth round, even after the Browns had already taken the quarterback. But in those middle rounds, there were a lot of high end talented, skilled players that went. There were a lot of d linemen that went throughout the first and second rounds.
Speaker 1: There was a run on running backs in the middle rounds.
Speaker 2: I think we saw a good amount of quarterbacks go, even though this wasn't really thought of as a good quarterback class. I think a lot of guys we're seen as the developmental picks. People you can in and they can be camp arms now and perhaps they're develop into something later. There was a lot of trades. I mean, we talked about Houston and the Rams kind of training back, and now you look at that Rams trade and it's like they kind of fleecing Land in that because now they're going to be able to get their quarterback in the future next year, which is something that you said off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Overall, man, I think when you look at the AFC West, I feel like all four teams really kind of had a good NFL draft, Like I feel like they all kind of address their needs and also got some talent upgrades, which is what you always want to do. And so for me, I think it's just gonna be one more indicator that's gonna be probably one of the toughest divisions.
Speaker 1: Again, the other kind.
Speaker 2: Of overall big narratives or themes you kind of took away from the whole three day draft experience.
Speaker 3: I'm glad the whole shador thing is over. Cam Ward really didn't get any real recognition for being the number one overall pick, and that's weird, especially since warn Moon unretires his jersey so he could wear it for the Titans. H Donavan Edward's going undrafted in the former Standford the Georgia Tighten going undrafted still kind of shocking to me. But I think a lot of these down drafted free agent guys probably gonna land on their feet somewhere many camps I've already.
Speaker 1: Kind of started.
Speaker 3: Yeahs Will Johnson is gonna wear number zero for the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think for me, one thing that I kind of realized was the fact that U c. L A had more players drafted than you. USC was kinna that kind of nasty word. You said something that I'm really that I'm really proud of, to be honest with, you said that with a smile in your heart.
Speaker 1: Even Cal had four and three. Cal has ballers, which is crazy, but.
Speaker 2: Oregon has had the most, at least for for out here. But yeah, man, I was happy to see my my uh, happy to see my boy O two go to the Titans in the round two.
Speaker 1: I feel like I was a little high.
Speaker 2: But he's someone who's fast, athletic, can play off the ball on the edge, can really developed. He's got a lot of energy, Jalen Smith in the third round.
Speaker 3: Your guy Jonan Manheim went to the Jaguars.
Speaker 1: Yep, like that.
Speaker 3: Kyle Williams from Gowood slash Hawthorne third round to the Patriots. Perfect spot for him, fresh with him and Digs there and the fact that the Pats got two running backs.
Speaker 2: Titans also took Jason Slater, that guy had reviewed the Saints tick a lot of Viio out of.
Speaker 1: So Ja Tua. I think he went to the Colts. Yeah, he went to the Colts in the second n.
Speaker 2: But yeah, overall, I mean, we've talked about it all week, but I mean this is this was probably one of the best drafts we've seen from the Raiders in our times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, since the Super Bowl loss, Like that was from the top to bottom, the most well rounded draft.
Speaker 1: They got athletes who can play with hot character, build out their team needs.
Speaker 2: They got a couple receivers, they got projects. They got a couple of defensive linemen, a couple offensive linemen. I think if you you could go down the line and individually pick apart each pig, but I think ultimately look at the class as a whole, they got high character, high energy guys who want to compete, and they also happened to be athletic and bring some sort of juice to the table.
Speaker 1: And they know they played a.
Speaker 3: Role, like so Jordan six or five running the four to three flag, he played a role in Tennessee and the average twenty five yard.
Speaker 2: To catch, like Jans's the obvious pick. And I'm glad that the Raiders didn't, you know, get in their own way and they just made it after that, it was kind of playing with playing with the house's money.
Speaker 1: You get back Beck incredible story.
Speaker 2: Was happy for him, a little bit high, but he's a guy. He's a guy who can get open, he can make contested catches, and as long as his speed translates, I mean he's gonna be a guy that can help the move the chains. And then you add that to Dante Thornton, which is Kenny's been high on all all year, really, and he brings you a kind of speed side element that you can mix in. And I mean you draft a genty, of course you're gonna have to take some offensive lineman. I liked some other guys that were on the board more than Rogers and Grant, but I understand the thinking behind it.
Speaker 1: And then the corner they got was a guy.
Speaker 2: Who were in a four to three athletic physical big fits Pete Carroll's kind of traits.
Speaker 1: All the way around.
Speaker 2: All in all, though, I'd say it's probably a B plus in my draft, probably the best draft we've had in a really long time.
Speaker 3: Any thoughts on that, Kenny, Yeah, no complaints given a solid B plus. Your solid B roster's better today than it was before the draft. Talk about what the Seahars did.
Speaker 2: I think one pick that everyone's kind of been talking about was Jaln Milroe in the third round, some people comparing it to when they took Russell Wilson.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why.
Speaker 3: People his mechanics comparison, because he's fast as hell, strong, he runs like Cam, is fast like Lamar, and has a rocket for an arm. He's just underdeveloped passer. If he can become anything remotely good, it's a great pick plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's faster than Wilson and he's probably nowhere near has developed as a staraware, so true, I don't really like their comparison, but.
Speaker 1: He can grow into something very spectacular.
Speaker 2: I mean, we love the safety pick in the second round, and he was best.
Speaker 1: It's what they want to do.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Pick Mills is another big body, run stuffer that likes that also fits what they want to do. A couple of tight ends, a teen as a running back out of Miami Royal.
Speaker 3: Also out of Miami, they picked up a receiver too, Ricky White the third and then yeah, they got a break. They got a lot of seniors, a lot of guys who are captains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say it's probably a B B minus draft for me. For the Seahawks, what would you say, I'm gonna be plus hard for.
Speaker 1: Me to all the areas they were weak at. Yeah, I hear. Yeah, I just don't really expect much from them.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it's hard to expect a lot from the rookies if you don't expect a lot from the squad in general.
Speaker 1: Uneers. The Niners were kind of.
Speaker 2: A team that had some folks scratching their head during the draft.
Speaker 1: But what did you think about what the Niners did overall?
Speaker 3: I just had a lot of holes at the patch. They kind of had to go ed Rusher and the Georgia ed Rusher was one of the best ones available. It would be smart to take him. You kind of have to do it, especially with that rebuilt defense.
Speaker 2: Crazy how they went from like, what two super Bowls in four years behind a great defense to this they're going on what their third defensive coordinator in three years, four defensive coordinator in four years, something like that. Yep, they've kind of I go through guys, they picked up guys off the scrap. He tried to make redemption products, et cetera. Things have worked out the various degrees. But I think the biggest takeaway for me from this draft is they really just invested in that defense. Again, they invested in all levels of it. Taking Mikhal Williams in the first round and then pairing that with Alfred Collins, guy that you liked a lot.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, they just continued to build on that throughout the whole draft. A lot of people like the Jordan Watkins pick in the middle of the fourth round. They think he can develop into something single people liked that pick a lot. I saw people who also liked the Jordan James pick out of workin even though they always have hello running backs for no reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you give the Niners grade? Yeah?
Speaker 2: C plus. Yeah, I'd probably say C plus as well. Just because I feel like they probably should have traded at Yuke at.
Speaker 1: Some point and got another pig. Mm hmm. True. I forgot about that all right.
Speaker 2: The Rams, they got Terrence Ferguson with the second round in the second round after training out the first They got Josiah Stewart, another player I talked to at the Senior Ball. In the third round. They got Draquez Hunter running back at the Auburn in the fourth round. Tyan Hamilton d tackle at Ohio State, which was low key at still I had saw some people haven't been in the second, third round, and then they got Chris Paul Junior in the fifth round at an Ole, Miss And then the seventh round coming on to monthfield them she out of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: What do you think about what the Rams did overall?
Speaker 3: Give it a b uh honestly, ty Hamilton, Yeah, I thought he was gonna go higher just from talking to him a big tim me d Day and other stuff. That fraction was the best tight end available at the time. I think he's gonna truly do wonders for the offense. He's fast, he can.
Speaker 1: Get open, great catch ready.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's a big body guy, he's athletic, I think he opens up the offense.
Speaker 1: Defensively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jonsiah Stewart's great ad rusher comes from a proven program. You can never have too many good pass rushers, so you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I think the thing about those first two picks is they really fit the RAMS culture. They fit with the RAMS one to do. I mean, Stewart is a dog. His motor doesn't stop. He's a bit undersized, but he's mix it up with quickness and relentlessness, and I think he gives him flexibility if they don't want to play ay Byron Young, but they also gives him someone else that they can throw into the mix alongside him.
Speaker 1: And then as far as Ferguson, I.
Speaker 2: Mean when I talked to him at the Senior Bowl, he was talking about how he wanted teams to know how clutch he is, how he likes coming up in big moments, and I think that's kind of what the Rams we're looking for. Tyler hate, he's great, but he's often heard, and so getting a guy like Ferguson again, someone who can both work alongside him and then also kind of eventually, you know, take over some of the snaps. So I like those two picks a lot, and then Hamilton too. I mean, he's a guy who can go right into their defensive rotation right away. Chris Paul Junior seems like another kind of rotational linebacker they can develop, which they've been good at over the past few years. So I'd say the Rams, given the kind of resources they had, or give them a B plus. And then I'd probably say the Niners probably like a C plus b bynus just depending on how some of those guys turn.
Speaker 3: Out, because Chris Paul Junior is a steel for for them.
Speaker 1: He can become a starter at linebacker for real.
Speaker 2: Like how draft to the Chargers Amari Hampton in the first round running back out of North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Super productive.
Speaker 2: To Trey Harris for Steve rad Ole miss Jamari Calwell, t tackle out of Oregon in the third round, Kyle Canard linebacker South Carolina, the fourth DeAndre Lambert Smith receiver at Auburn, and the fifth Aronde Godson tight end out of Syracuse. In the fifth Brunson Taylor tackle out of Pittsburgh. Is j Minkoln safetyeddo Clemson, Chris wi Key Bridges safetyed Alforida. What do you what do you think about the Chargers class, I think it's great because, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you gotta be able to trust and almost wide receiver. You know, they could run routes, add some speed and some size, hopefully some consistency to that receiver group. And Hampton and Najie Harris is gonna be a great one to combo.
Speaker 1: Defensively, I think is gonna get better.
Speaker 3: They might even be able to sign a couple Veterans'd be interesting to see how where they go with it, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm interested to see how that all plays out because they they have Hampton now, I think they gave Dobbins a tender. They signed Age Harris, so I'm interested to see how that dynamic plays out. I know wants to run the ball a lot, but we'll see how the percentages kind of break out. I think it's gonna be kind of frustrating for fantasy owners out there, at least at first.
Speaker 1: The same thing with Harris.
Speaker 2: I mean at receiver room now, a lot of people think they're going to bring back Kanan Allen. If they do, Harris might not find himself with a lot of snaps. Caldwell Canard, I like those two picks. I feel like they were good value picks, and then everyone else too. I feel like we're good value picks. Where they got him at very much kind of just just taking the best player available.
Speaker 1: So i'd say the Chargers, I'd probably give them a sod B as well.
Speaker 2: Your overall winner of the NFL drivet, what's the class do you think will make the biggest impact?
Speaker 1: Oh, Eagles. Eagles for sure, Jahad Campbell.
Speaker 3: The top ten pick your cord.
Speaker 1: But now, yeah, you're good.
Speaker 3: Jehad Campbell got him linebacker running the four or five to two who can play some edge and inside linebacker. They got him at the end of the first round on top of the linebackers they already have, so the linebacker room only got better. They got safety, they got DB's, they got corners. Yeah, the Eagles just keep load up in the draft. So and they won the Super Bowl, So I have to.
Speaker 1: Go with that.
Speaker 3: About your overall loser, I want to say the Lions. Honestly, none of their picture really impressed me that much. They got in the first round. I feel like they could have waited to get them.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the Lions. It's kind of up in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So NFL Network ranked the Patriots the number one Dravet class, but I don't know if that's really fair because they just had a ship done the Pigs and they also have a shitty roster where a lot of those guys can play, So.
Speaker 1: We'll see how that turns out. But yeah, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think for me it's it's I feel like it's it's two of the classes that we kind of already talked about with the Raiders and the Seahawks. I think they both really kind of get the nail on the hammer with what they needed and side of that, I mean, outside of that, I mean, I like what the Browns did, minus taking two quarterbacks that was weird, but I liked the selections that they got, like it kind of rounded out their roster.
Speaker 1: A little bit, made a little bit more balanced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know as far as losers, I mean, NFL Network again has the Vikings ring towards the last class, but they also had the least amount of picks. The Rams are also down there, but again, I liked what the Rams did even though they didn't have a lot.
Speaker 1: Ooh, here's a good one. Good stinker Saints.
Speaker 2: I feel like the show. Second round. Me and Kenny talked about it. Kenny laughed when I said he might go in the first or second. I still don't think he belongs there. I think he would have been a good fourth.
Speaker 3: Round pick, fifth round pick, the second round pick, it's just way too high. I did like them well to the table pick. I like the Devin Neil pick. But between a show and.
Speaker 2: Whatever the fuck is going on with Derek Carr, it's like you got an offensive tackle, but do you really have a quarterback for the future. And then the Bengals too, I mean, they got Shamar Stewart, they got to meet you to night, but it's like you still ain't really figured out what you're gonna do with Trey Hendrickson. You could have traded him on draft. He got a ship down a pick and been good to go, but now you're just wasting another year of your window with your Burrow Higgins Chase Big three.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like you pretty much got replacements for you know, Hendrickson and Pratt who went out. But if you you're just repeating, are you just repeating the cycle? Like at what point, just I don't know, go all in Cincinnati. All right, anything else you want to say about the NFL dress before we wrap out the recap. Nah, I'm good, pretty much cover with the most of it. Shout out to Shout out to new Pittsburgh Steeler defensive TACKLEMN. His mom was an hospital online support. She had passed away after hearing the news about him getting drafted. It's kind of a big story all throughout the draft, but yeah, shortly after it broke that she actually died. Another kind of sidebar story that I really liked was the the Bengals corner that they drafted at the end of the round. Dude out of Kentucky, a guy you were high on the way he was just dabbing up everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I said, Bill's Corner.
Speaker 2: No, but I didn't mean to if I did, But Bill's Corner, Yeah, he was just the way he was just embracing everyone as they were walking by. That was just really dope to see. Honestly, that was one of my favorite moments of the draft. And I'm sure we're gonna talk about it more. Well yeah, let's just let's just let's just hold on that.
Speaker 1: But college football awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, First things first, North Carolina is worried about Bill Belichick's girlfriend's involvement in his affairs, especially with the way he got she came at CBS. Well, it's looking like it, because what else would a seventy three year old and a twenty four year old have being together if she wasn't being a gold digger and you weren't being a sugar daddy. It's just like your fifth one. It's like your fifth one, Bill Belichick. See why I said this ain't gonna work in North Carolina for this reason. People already questioned it. I'd be like, if I'm a player, I don't answer her. She don't get to come up to me and say shi it to me. She wouldn't. She shouldn't be addressed in the team. She needs a state in her little place as the sugar baby, because like, if she is his manager, that's just gonna get messier and mess here. And from the looks of it, people are asking a lot of questions. He's releasing statements. TMC's on his top about it, and yeah that what happened with the interview where his girlfriend shut down a question.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna talk about that.
Speaker 3: Who are you to talk to anybody from CBS like that.
Speaker 1: That's what's crazy.
Speaker 3: So good old Belichick wherever he goes, controversy follows kind of interesting how that works out. And also Texas is reported to have about forty thirty five to forty million dollars in there in IL budgets. All state spent like almost fifty million last year or so there's that. There's also report saying arch banding isn't gonna come out after this season, but again that's way too early. Derrick Haagan, former Colorado QB, came out and was like, I got an issue with how they retired Travis and she do It's jerseys. We were told there was a process and there was actually a waiting period and they just retired the jerseys. It's like a lot of other guys still don't have their jerseys retired. We actually won something when we were in Colorado. Yeah, so is that some more stuff when it comes out. Dylan Ryola, the Nebraska QB who looks like Mahomes, tries to play like Mahomes and doesn't do a very good job of it. He signed with Adidas just like Mahomes. Uh So, yeah, cringe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Darian Hagen was flabbergasted when he saw just Shad and all them just get their jerseys retired, totally blow off protocol. Washington just had their pro day or not their pro day, their spring game.
Speaker 1: That was interesting to watch.
Speaker 3: Uh offense, especially as Densman wasn't Demond women Wow talk DeMont Williams. He was like the number one player in the state of Arizona and he looking like he's gonna have a really good year for Washington. So it's gonna be interesting to see what they do in the Big and the Big Ten this year. Former five star wide receiver h Kee Williams, who is at Florida State, transferred to Colorado finally got themselves another five star receiver. He ain't going to Musico at s Travers Hunter, but it is what it is. Also, Dion Sanders just selling his his Texas mansion. It's twenty nine and twenty square feet five and a half million dollars listing. Let's stay at fourteen players. Actually, yeah, High State had the most players drafted. It was it was High State with fourteen. Colorado led the drafts with the drafted receivers taken from one school. Also, yeah, I think that's it as far as college football right now, man, And well with that, uh, this should be an interesting addition of take your tangent.
Speaker 1: Starting with the whole print call situation.
Speaker 2: Most notably, Shador Sanders was getting prank called on draft day. People were blowing up his line basically saying he was getting drafted before he actually did so. Shador actually wasn't the only one that this happened to. There were a couple of players that this happened too. But just take your tangent on receiving a print call on on draft day. I don't know much I can speak to this because you're not worth but I know if it's me, uh, if we find out who you prant called, like, you should to be brought up on criminal charges. Okay, I'm just considered the swatting category. When you do something like that, and it's like, imagine somebody called you and said you got your dream job and it was a lie. You caused me emotional damage. What if somebody did that to harmon the organ d tackle and then he tells his mom and his mom dies saying he gets drafted, but he don't get drafted, Like there has to be a price for that kind of stupid ass kind of prank. I never I don't find stuff like that funny.
Speaker 3: It's not like, imagine if somebody did that to you on the most important day of your life, you feel.
Speaker 1: Like shit, you I think really, I just think you should.
Speaker 3: You should be forced to put on the helmet and shoulder pads and have to go head up with an entire uh roster NFL players.
Speaker 1: I think for me, no breaks, no water for me. The part.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know about if I'm if I'm cool with dishing out criminal charges for brank calls. But what I will say is like, if you have this, it's one thing to be a big enough asshole to brank call someone on what should be an historic and memorable day in their life. That's another thing is you're stupid enough to post it on the internet and it's even stupid or if you know only you know a few hundred people have this phone number, like it's going to get back to you and oh yeah, you just made it even easier by posting on the internet, you fucking idiot. Like Jesus Christ, I mean, honestly, with all with all this shit that Schadora has gotten since you know, two weeks ago when his stock started crumbling. It's like with all that shit, like nobody has really said anything about how he has kind of handled that with grace and just been like, uh, you know, whatever, it happens, like, you know, there's dumb asses everywhere, like it is what it is like, and nobody's really giving him credit for that, because he could be you know, getting all emotional about it, you know, saying like, oh, look at this is this is why the league don't like me, or you know whatever, but he's he I'm sure he's come across as enough dumb frat boys. You know, this shit happens, and honestly, kudos to him and everyone else for not crashing out because.
Speaker 3: Well it is well it might be kind of directly harmless. Like Kenny said, emotionally, you know there are consequences. You know, you're fucking with someone's or you're fucking with someone's moon, like for no reason other than jealousy and envy.
Speaker 2: Because guess what, ain't nobody from whatever job you're trying to get to is.
Speaker 1: Calling you right now or has you on their radar.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be working for Penny for whatever they say. You're gonna be working at just like he is. But guess what, you ain't gonna get the whole lifestyle being in the league. So the fact that you have to, you know, take advantage of someone in that moment when they're vulnerable. It's just nasty work. But yeah, moving on. This next one's gonna be a little bit fun. But take or tangent, Kenny. Both LA basketball teams.
Speaker 3: Being eliminated from the NBA postseason and also the Kings listening to the Edmontoners for the fourth straight year, take our tangent on the LA postseason.
Speaker 1: Trash. It's dead, it's booth, it's turned down. It's thirsty. That was beautiful. Just let that marine for a second ahead.
Speaker 3: It's foodful, it's fool gayzy. It's an embarrassment that the Clippers lost. It was it was just destiny that the Lakers are gonna lose. The basketball guys are gonna let you win that easy. It's not you can't cheat the game.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just.
Speaker 3: LA Gotta do better, Gotta raise the quality of the product, Gotta make better decisions. It's not enough to look competitive, you gotta actually be competitive. Lakers didn't look competitive at all against the Tea Wolves shot at Anthea, where he's just getting people out of here left and right, the true spirit of Kobe with the true delivery delivery of a Michael Jordan. Some people say he's Michael Jordan's long lost son, ridiculous athlete, psychopath, shit talker.
Speaker 1: I respect it.
Speaker 3: People don't realize the game is in a great place to a certain extent with some of these young guys.
Speaker 1: But the old heads didn't eat out the way booms. We're not gonna. We're not gonna. First off, KD.
Speaker 3: Think about KD, Steph Curry, all these guys they had to come after to Kobe Shack.
Speaker 1: They had to come after a lot of people people.
Speaker 3: Nobody was saying Steph Curry is gonna be a Hall of Fame player. Nobody said step Everybody said the thing that makes Steph Curry so great is why he's gonna be weak. Like, yeah, he's a great shooter, but he's too small and not weak enough. His ankles trash, he's turned down, he's too thirsty, his light skin taper kind.
Speaker 1: Of funny, like all those things could be true. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: He's playing his most clutch, psychotic form of basketball.
Speaker 1: He's just finishing and you gotta respect that.
Speaker 3: But uh, and these young guys got me, got me believing in basketball again because they care. You can see they care. They will hoop your ass up, they will run you ragged.
Speaker 1: That's why you gotta.
Speaker 3: Dudes like literally popping and tearing achilles.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: We're in a new era of basketball and these guys are going to be ushered out. Bron's gonna retire pretty soon, Steph gonna retire pretty soon.
Speaker 1: KD might retire. I think.
Speaker 3: I think Giannis and KD on the Clippers is going to happen.
Speaker 1: Mark my words. I've been saying it for a while now.
Speaker 3: People may hate my taket, but when that shit come out to be true, I just look at him like I know Ball, I just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think for me, that's all I know. For me the Lakers, I mean, you hit it right on the head, like.
Speaker 3: I think for both teams, the Lakers and the Clippers, this just gives you the underwhelming Like it's just this just shows you you can't build a championship team in thirty or forty games, three or four months.
Speaker 1: What about your old as.
Speaker 2: The Nuggets were a team that win a mpionship three years ago, and as that series went on, they got closer together because if you watch that game, the first few games they were arguing they were falling apart and the Clippers are really two baskets away from going up three to one on that could have easily been asweep, but it wasn't, and as the series went on fell out a favorite with the Clippers. I don't know what happened between James Harden and Kawhi, but I think this is the last we've seen them together in the Clippers' uniform. After the game, they basically asked Kawhi like, what do you think you and harden chances are?
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, I don't know. I can't really answer that right now.
Speaker 2: But I think if Harden would have taken the podium with him, I think it would have been a different story. I think they could have taken that moment to say, now, you know, we only played together for this amount of time, like we're gonna run this back, We're closed, you know, we finally got healthy. But I think as a Clipper fan, that's also what hurts is this was the year there was no injuries, there was no excuses and the result was the same. But kudos to Russell Westbrook and kudos to the Nuggets. I mean, Westbrook's still one of my favorite players, even though he literally killed us.
Speaker 1: It was literally the.
Speaker 2: Difference in that last game and really two of the other Nuggets wins. So I'm happy for him because the league really just left him for dead. For the Lakers, I mean, they need to figure out what direction they're going to go in. I think at this point, Claire lucas driving and I don't know how long JJ's going to be at the helmet.
Speaker 1: That's the case, because.
Speaker 2: You don't go out and call out Luca after you lost the playoff series and say, yeah, some people are in shape and some people aren't. We all know who you're talking about, Like that's been the storyline for how many months, Jj Reddick, you've worked out ESPN. You see the headlines, you know the people making the headlines, Like, you know better than to say something like that. And he wasn't out of shape when you were playing him for a whole second half. Wasn't out of shape when he was getting triple doubles and dropping forty and getting you guys into the three seed but now he's out of shape because you guys lost in five games. No, Similarly, the Timberwolves traded away car Anthony Towns. They traded away a star and got guys to build around Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think with those two, that's the indicator super team is dead. With the way a luxury tax is, it's really hard to get three stars on one team. You can get two and then kind of get you know, three and four a whatever, But to get three max guys, those days are gone. Look at Phoenix, you can't surround them with talent. There's too many taxes and too much many repercussions.
Speaker 1: And for the Kings, I just.
Speaker 2: Feel bad because they had a two zero lead. They were in the driver's seat of that series and Edmonton just got into their head and just pulled it out one more time.
Speaker 1: Now they're going to take on the Knights.
Speaker 2: Which the Knights they were up to to Ozho and they lost three straight and they end up coming back and went into in a row taking the series. Because much like the Nuggets, they got that championship war. Some people got the championship war, some don't. That's just how it goes.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up we got.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, also, Jeff Albert, you should probably put hands on your son for a cost you two hunder k.
Speaker 1: That was for the last one. I forgot to say that. I just wanted to add that. But Steve Smith is getting sued after his affair.
Speaker 2: People might recall that in February, some veteran dude basically posted a call that he had Steve Smith calling him out for cheating with his wife. Apparently, state of North Carolina is one of three states left where you can sue somebody over an affair, especially if you can prove that your relationship was happy until that person met your spouse. So this is looking kind of like an open and shutcase for Steve Smith, based off some of the messages we've already seen, based off some of the dialogue he's had with this guy, and considering it's a State of North Carolina where this's all happened.
Speaker 1: SMYTHM.
Speaker 2: I just need to settle this one. I think our attentions fan has gotten shorter, so I think at some point we'll forget about this. But his whole starter was just really, really ascending, and I feel like this whole thing just suck the momentum out of it, no pun intended.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any thoughts on that, Kinny, it's boom boo, it's turned down, chirsty.
Speaker 1: Rash sightful. All I know is.
Speaker 3: All this NBA stuff happening with the Golden State Warriors winning Game seven. I'm just glad we stopped talking about that bum Paul George. All right, Uh, I mean that in the basketball context because clearly he's a multi millionaire.
Speaker 1: Moving on to touchdown or turn over. Let me find the drop.
Speaker 2: The Panthers added Hunter Renfrow touchdown or turnover after the draft. They signed the former raided receiver a year after year aatis.
Speaker 3: Touchdown. He had an autoimmune disease. That's why he didn't play this past year. He got that under control, and they just drafted t Mac.
Speaker 1: A receiver, and.
Speaker 3: They got an example of the get and all these other receivers that they got to figure out.
Speaker 1: So Bryce Young has weapons. They just all need to get better together. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it's a touchdown too because Renfrow mixes in with some of those bigger receivers, faster receivers that they have, and just being of a slight frame. I think he gives Bryce Young a target that's a little bit lower to the ground and just something extra to help them kind of move the chains. And I mean, if you ask people around the league, everyone loves how to run, Fels, leadership and his footwork. So why not bring him in see what he's got left. Hopefully he doesn't get in another concussion, because none of us want to see that again. Robert woods joins the Steelers touchdown and turnover.
Speaker 1: Touchdown. Shout out to Woody, one of the greatest. Love to see it.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful. I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, I feel good for him la continue in his career, continue to find ways to places where he can add of value. You know, I don't think he'll have a lot of catches, but I think he'll he'll have, you know, a handful of meaningful catches, third downs, touchdown when they kind of need someone to just get open. He's got away with doing that. So I'm happy for him from that perspective. And he could be a cool calming force in a locker room full of crashouts. But for him, like I don't know, I don't, I don't, I don't know where that team's going because I don't know who their quarterback is. So this is like his third team in a row that he's been on that doesn't really have a clear direction that quarterback. So I kind of feel bad for him. But hey, man, get your bread feel it and the forty nine ers extended George Kitty touchdown and turnover.
Speaker 1: Is George Kitty.
Speaker 3: George Kittle, Sorry disrespectful. Yeah, man, he's one of the greatest tight ends of this era.
Speaker 1: He deserves it.
Speaker 3: He's really if they lose him, that team has cooked the rebuild. He's only thing keeping that offense together. George Kettle. I think it's like a fifth round pick just passed on him. Yeah, I'm gonna say a touchdown to.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: The forty team is going through some transition this year, and I feel like you needed to keep one of those kind of original veteran guys there, so I like your touchdown, all right? Moving on fair faith state of boxing, Canilla. Everes had a fight on his own that nobody cared about. He won, expected to have a big fight that people will actually care about, but we'll see if it actually happens.
Speaker 1: And then on Friday night, all day.
Speaker 2: ESPN was making a big spectacle out of this Ryan Garcia fight.
Speaker 1: Garcia was team.
Speaker 2: They're both fucking trash. Garcida is supposed to be favored and he got knocked out. So is the state of boxing fair fad right now?
Speaker 1: Box He's dead in the water. Bro Here's why.
Speaker 3: Canelo literally copied Floyd's playbook. But the only difference is Canelo didn't have a Hall of Fame resume up to a certain point. He just became the Mexican cash cow and then hewe he.
Speaker 1: Did not be Madeweather. He lost, know he shouldn't have.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker is throwing shots at you and catch you. He's swinging at air because he can't touch you. How is he beating you?
Speaker 1: It's crazy?
Speaker 3: Like if I just took got Floyd Mayweather and just throw in Floyd Mayware to strategy against Canelo, how does how is it not the same thing? Canelo got out boxed and out smarter, and that's why he lost. He became a superstar, No, he became a super Well. If a motherfucker smaller and faster than you is landing more punches than you, even if he's not hurting you, that means he's out smarting you on the cards.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to be able to knock his ass out. He get like he tried.
Speaker 3: You gotta play the knockout game with Floyd knowing he has fucking fags. Bottom line is yeah, true boxing fans know andficiados, some of the Teddy Alice.
Speaker 1: All these motherfuckers. They know Mayweather one.
Speaker 3: But guess what Mayweather gave Canelo the superstar rub. There was nobody bigger in boxing after Floyd than Canelo. He was really like John Cena in terms of the box record. Let's let's look at the bag for umbles. Let's look at how Canelo misplayed his hand and other men and a lot of Mexicans already. Because I'm saying when we talk about boxing, because it's supposed to be him and what something Alexander or no not not that Crawford, Yeah, Tam Crawford, and people are like, oh, this isn't a great fight. I'm like, we could have had this fight like three four years ago. Bob Aar played his part, his own. Other people played their part out Haven. But my biggest thing is Canelo already lost a couple of times. He lost the old boy and he kept saying it was a fluke, but he keeps ducking Benavidez and all this other shit, and I'm just like, look, we're not getting the fights we want.
Speaker 1: The undercards are trash, and they keep.
Speaker 3: Making up titles giving it to people, and it's just the whole the whole belt system is in the is in the tank, and you're not excited to watch heavyweight boxing and the wealth wrights and all the ship that should be locked in. It's like again, it's all politics and they're not fighting each other. Everybody is afraid to eat a loss. We're not in the air of boxing that we used to be in. And it'll never go back to the way it was because y'all would rather watch Logan Paul fucking fight somebody. I mean no, yeah, I think yeah. I think it's it's everything you're saying is fair. I think, so why would I pay for boxing?
Speaker 2: I think boxing has taken a fade as soon as Mayweather commoditized the overall record. I mean once he was once he created, you know, such a long standing undefeated record, It's like that that became the most valuable thing that you could have. It it wasn't even about you know, who you fought or beating, you know, certain guys, improving yourself.
Speaker 1: It became about having the best overall record.
Speaker 2: And I think once that kind of happened, all these guys, just like you said, don't want to fight each other. No one wants to take it out because they don't think their career can bounce back. But if you look at cheating with the meat. But if you got caught, bro, what are you talking about? What are you talking about? I'm not even talking about canw What the fuck are you talking about? I'm saying, once you start, so why are you interrupting me?
Speaker 1: For? Why are you interrupting me when I'm talking about that?
Speaker 3: The most important part that I'm not even talking about dirty and they're still allowed to fight.
Speaker 1: I'm not even talking about any of that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying because Canal is the biggest name, That's why. But I'm saying, dudes in multiple camps pop dirty and they expect you to pay for this ship and watch the spectacle. We're two dudes don't want to fight each other and catch a loss, but they're still popping dirty just to make way.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm mad. Anyways, The point that I was trying to say is at some point boxing just became about preserving your record and not about who you fought. And once that happened, the storytelling and the characters lost its interest, lost its cachet. You factor in how the Olympics has gotten so much bigger. You know, all these other sports have come up. You know, we got people watching curling over watching boxing. You know, there's all these other American sports now that are in there that people are just more interested in, all these emerging sports that people are more interested. And it's really sad to see because boxing is such a beautiful sport. It's a great sport when it's executed right. The institutions have gotten so greedy and so focused on the glamour and the glitz that's not even really a pair anymore. That it's just straight away from really being a compelling competitive product on a consistent basis. I mean, I don't know what we'll save it, but I mean I think, look at look at what the Paul brothers are doing. I mean, they're they're commoditized exactly what I'm talking about, commoditizing just not losing, you know, not it's not even about who they're firing. It's just about is this going to be the time where they actually lose and people want to tune in just for that, and that's not the word of boxing. Like if you go back to the golden age of boxing, if you go back to the time that our parents are talking about, these guys took ls. Muhammad Ali took ls like they were great bouts and somebody had to be the last one standing. And then guess what, six months, nine months later, whatever, three months later, some of these guys, you run it back. But now these guys don't even want to run it back, and so it's just it's a shame. I mean, even when you think about the time boxing's last greader when we were kids, it's like, these guys took ls, Mark Tyson took ls, Holyfield took els.
Speaker 1: De la Roya took els, you know, and that's what made them relatable as well. That's what gave them redemption arcs.
Speaker 2: That's what gave them meaning beyond just standing in a ring and throwing punches at each other. Because once it became about that, that's when it just everything just became the same. I mean, I couldn't tell you the difference between a, Well, they don't have have HBO boxing, but they don't have some time boxing anymore. Head But I couldn't have told you the difference between those or ESPN or anything like that, because to everyone now, it's just two guys throwing punches at each other in a ring that's probably line in the background of a bar somewhere. But boxing used to just have so much more meeting, so much more characters, so much more cachet because people put themselves on there and they weren't afraid to lose. They weren't just fighting and not lose. They're fighting to win. They're fighting be the best.
Speaker 1: You also, to kind of throwing the point there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all those dudes were fighting back then, but they also a lot of them died broke because they were getting robbed by their promoters and who's the common denominator, bob Am Bob Aram decided, let's create a farm of the same type of stereotypical fighters and I'll just put them on TV for people to watch, a paper for people to watch, and politic the game. Because the Mafia was heavily involved in boxing, the Mafia kind of helped start boxing. The way the Mafia kind of helped start Vegas and those those bloodlines have never really been washed out. And to go back to the whole Mayweather thing, Mayweather wasn't the first person to do that. He was just the first fighter to do it in the prime of his career. And like because even before he became money Mayweather, he was a Hall of Fame boxer. Arguably was he one of the greatest. I still not fifty and oh was cool, But I'm not putting him up on my list of boxers because he wouldn't have survived Hitman, Hearns and all those other fucking savages of back in the day. Like those dudes had multiple losses on the records because they fought each other four or five times, or certain guys fought two hundred amateur fights, and like hell Sonny Listen fought like what eighty.
Speaker 1: One times or some ship like that. Like it's not feasible anymore.
Speaker 3: But I look at the business model that Floyd Mether created. He showed how the boxers how to get paid. He showed the boxers, Hey, we can do this and we can both get paid. Because fuck the promoters and if them proters don't properly book this fight.
Speaker 1: That's their fault.
Speaker 3: That's why HBO got out of How much money has Floyd made HBO just on his boxing matches alone, so he they brought sold out crowds. I think now it's just boxing doesn't have any real two stars anymore, because okay, if we know, guys are gonna fight each other, and what's the point if we know? And also boxing stopped punishing cheating. You're talking in circles, you're talking about to a different point, two points, to a different point outside of the cheating. The judges are fucking terrible. We all watch something and then the judges score fight horribly. They were like what the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 3: Like who is this who is this judge? And how what are their credentials for covering this fucking match? And we're all watching it, and then you don't want to watch boxing anymore because you're like, fuck it.
Speaker 1: If the boxers, if the judges in boxing are.
Speaker 3: Getting it wrong all the time, I'd rather watch Logan Paul because at least is funnier.
Speaker 1: So yeah, boxing killed boxing.
Speaker 3: Boxing curditone integrity and credibility with the stupid ship that is leftly.
Speaker 2: All right, on that note, Hookah's brother hit a fan out a UFL game, uh to his brother's playing in the UFL.
Speaker 3: Hey, fair, f keep your hands up in your chin up, bitch, that shit's fair. He swung first. It's not my fault if you swing first. And I poppy fist.
Speaker 2: This reminds me of minor le hockey when they say, uh, it's crazy because fans really be just heckling the fuck out of players and fans just being their drunk as fuck.
Speaker 1: So I just think it's hilarious that that happened.
Speaker 2: I don't think it bodes well for his brothers uh prospects of moving on from the UFL, but it's definitely a notable story.
Speaker 1: And and yeah, man, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure some of these fans, these these tier two, tier three markets that the UFL is, and sure some of these fans you know, don't have the same pro sports etiquette that we expect, and frankly, with everything going on in the world, they're probably just racist pieces and ship.
Speaker 1: But it was a fat white dude was a fat all right, let's close out the show anymore, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Please don't be weak or fair, all right, fair faid, don't make me forget.
Speaker 1: Fair faid this gorilla debate.
Speaker 3: Look, look, look looks this guys, we're having we're having a fun time with this, like one gorilla versus one hundred men. But you gender war motherfuckers are You're coming to the conversation and no one invited you? Okay, we get it.
Speaker 1: Account one hundred women versus accountability. Ha ha ha.
Speaker 3: Well now it spins off of too some man hating ship and now both sides are mad.
Speaker 1: Man, we can't even get up. We can't even just have an enjoy ship because you want a gender war.
Speaker 3: Guess what if you're a millennial, you're probably broke as fuck out here. We can't even get a hundred fucking lives to get out fucking Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: We can't get one hundred people to do anything. What makes us think we're just gonna take down to gorilla?
Speaker 3: And also the real secret is just find another fucking gorilla, which I know is the plot of every single fucking King Kong and God's Ziln movie.
Speaker 1: But now you fucking know why.
Speaker 3: Because unless you can all fuse together on some Naruto shit and move and sync with each other and become one super hundred person.
Speaker 1: Fucking gorilla can literally run with.
Speaker 3: The explosion of a fucking semi truck, Like, I don't think that's doning on people, Like imagine the speech trying to stop a fucking semi truck. Imagine and grab his arms and.
Speaker 1: Then what pierce his eyes so he can get more pissed off? Right?
Speaker 3: And what if one of them just start again? If it starts throwing shit at you at ninety miles an hour, You're not ready to see someone die like that, but you will. And what if you're the last motherfucker the grill to start speaking? What if what if you let's just say let's just say no, it takes ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Are the three that left? Are you any better off? No? You're not? Yellow Jackets Season one? No, here we fucking go. Christina Ricci, I love Christina Rici. Hey fucking yellow Jackie references.
Speaker 3: Why it's a great show. But yeah, you last three are Yellow Jackets characters. Just FYI, all right.
Speaker 1: Go to your end. Talk about what you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: What I want to talk about is, oh man, it's funny, like my my my nephew is gonna be four this month, and I just think about how fast and how much life he's experienced in only four years. Like for him, it feels like he's a he's a break, he's a new person. Every time I see him, hair getting longer, he put up my baseball cap, almost started crying.
Speaker 1: Nephew.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be six months pretty soon on the seventh, actually will be six months old. I'm just like, I look back at pictures of Isaiah when he was six months old, eight months old, and him and his brother look exactly alike, and it's just kind of funny, kind of looking at my own mortality. My mom's birthday is coming up this month too. She'll be sixty one on the fifteenth, and she and like with me, my two sisters and my mom were like, man, when when we're thirty three and thirty and twenty seven or whatever, mom will be sixty one. They're like, damn, Mom, imagine you at sixty And like, now that it's here, it's like, fuck, that's crazy. Like we really like our generation. Our time is kinna passed to a certain extent, Like, yeah, some of us are having fun, some of us are raising kids, but we're all out here fucking trying. And we know a lot of people who didn't make it this far, Like I know people who just didn't make it to thirty and I'm here at thirty three, Like fuck, that's crazy. Like my grandfather's been dead twenty nine years this year, Like my grandfather was. I was four when my grandfather died, and it's scared like me sometimes and my mom sometimes she's like, damn, my father's children all outlived him. My granddad was sixty one when he died. It's just like fuck, time flies. Thirty three years has gone by very quickly. Four years went by like nothing, Like four years feels like nothing. And my nephew's the whole human being here, just chilling, taking snacks, rolling up with my arms, hugging me every time she sees me, and the hug gets stronger and stronger every time he sees me. It's just like, damn, man, I didn't know I'd become this person so fast. It's like we all wanted to grow up and fucking look at us now.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: For me, there's a lot on my mind this week. My sister Chandre and my oldest siblings. She graduated from Saint Mark, or she hasn't officially graduated, but she's going to graduate in a month, and so they had her Latin recognition this past weekend, which is basically like a pre graduation ceremony, So that was cool. Got to spend some time with her and she was happy, so that was good. And then my brother's making a decision on his school. He's more than likely going to go to season, depending on some everything shakeout, but.
Speaker 1: So that's good for him. And how that going on.
Speaker 2: Seeing her graduate, you know, my brother essentially going to season now just making me think about my last ten years and my next ten years and where I want to be. And it's both an exciting time because man, it's so much easier to do a lot of things, but with that it's awesome. Made things a lot more competitive, a lot harder to contain, a lot more uncertain, and with so much going on in the world, it's hard to say or be out any year two years or three years orfore. And so you know, I was just doing my best to take a day by day and take the opportunities that are put in front of me and try to make the best of them. But outside of that, man, yeah, I'm still just morning this Clippers team lost.
Speaker 1: I mean, between.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years of Blake and Kawhi to have nothing from from two I was staying individuals and franchise players. It's crazy. And James Harden, I mean, he got us here. He's never missed the playoffs and his whole career. He was third and total offense this year with passes and assists, and he's still one of my favorite players. But he just didn't come up when we needed him to, and you could see his frustration. You can see Kawhi's frustration and just seems like that dude was gonna fall apart.
Speaker 1: And Tylu same thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, between those three guys, they're all very cool Colm Kalt to people, but someone needed to get emotional there. Someone needed to snap everyone out of it. Someone needed to tell folks we're gonna be okay. But those three guys, that's not really in their DNA naturally.
Speaker 1: So the result is the result.
Speaker 3: Another first round bounds, another laugh football collapse, another so far so close season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the very least I got my Raiders to look forward too. So we're just really proud of the team finally looking competent. I mean, they got enough draft picks to where they could take some guys who might be they developmental pieces or might be projects, because they had enough flexibility to also take some of the better obvious, best player available picks and so that combination has just got me really excited once again. The RAMS just keep taking players that I interview, so I know someone's someone's listening to my tape out there, But yeah, man, this touchdowns and tangents, TD's underscore tangents on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 1: We are out Peace,