Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 2: News, so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as as as we can.
Speaker 4: Show Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez, welcome.
Speaker 6: My friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 7: My goodness, what a snowy day.
Speaker 6: I twenty five was kind of empty coming in, Thank goodness, down from Castle Rocket at one point this morning on the news, my goodness, right by the outlet malls look like total total hell. But here's the deal. We are the only show of its kind. We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. In fact, to the tune of almost four hundred million dollars in cash merchant dice exchanges, refunds, And I'm thinking about the times when we get the water turned back on for somebody, or the times we go after the scum lord, and those kind of things really don't have a monetary value, but a lot of those that kind of help a lot of times counts more than getting some money back. But we have gotten a lot of money back over the years. It's absolutely crazy in studio with me, by the way, my beautiful wife Suzanne.
Speaker 7: Hello, Suzanne, who.
Speaker 6: Do we have back there? I can never see you through the glass. I assume we have Kelly, of course. And then we got Shannon back there, rocking and rolling. In fact, if you join us on YouTube, Shannon is known to tell a.
Speaker 7: Few jokes during the break.
Speaker 6: In fact, I've always wondered, Shannon has been in this building well since the building.
Speaker 7: Opened, any pride all Mark, he's seen it all.
Speaker 6: But I have always said in Shannon, I'm gonna ask you right on air, you are one of the funniest people I have ever met. Now, granted, some of your jokes you can't say on these airwaves, but you but even even the few you couldn't. My god, how come you've never just done like an hour show man? Do you just have no interest in it?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure that wants and warrants would be pulled up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what, He's probably right. A small background check.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five, We have lines full. Right now, I'm gonna jump to the phone's deputy doc. What's going on, man?
Speaker 10: Not much, just uh, dealing with the snow in the weather.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's it's uh God, it's crazy out there frank Town. We got at least six to eight inches. It's absolutely nuts. The drive in was crazy. Bow Deputy bow in studio.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Deputy bow Well had a really good.
Speaker 11: Drive coming in, not too much traffic.
Speaker 12: It was easy, and I'm ready to hopefully get a few cases today to help our listeners out.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I'm dealing on one right now and line four when they come up. When you put it up, I will take that first, Kelly, because they held yesterday. But I need to tell you guys something about a rap A ho Kia. They're driving me crazy. I'm going to call down there and try to get through to the service manager. But this poor guy's vehicle has been there. I mean, we're going on I think three months and they can't fix it. They threw a transmission at it that didn't fix it. Now they say they're throwing another rebuilt transmission that didn't fix it, or I assume it's not going to fix it. They threw a computer at it that didn't fix it. They did a wiring harness of some sort that didn't fix it. If they try to charge this guy for all that crap, that didn't fix it. I am gonna make the rest of my life talking about a rap a Hokia. I swear to God, I hope. I love dealing Doug. In fact, I was sitting next to him at a Rockies game not long ago, and he's a great man, and I hope I hope he gets word of this. If it gets to that point and we get this, we just get it fixed, because, honest to God, we need to get this guy fixed. The service advisor I talked to in person, I went down there with this guy probably about.
Speaker 7: Six weeks ago.
Speaker 6: He assured me if things that weren't needed were put in, this guy's not going to get charged for him. But if you look at the bill still, it doesn't look that way whatsoever. So I'm hoping these guys do the right thing. It's got good ownership deal, and Doug's been around forever. We've had almost zero problems with him when he owned Colorado Springs Dodge. I don't think we ever had one issue whatsoever. We had direct contact to the service manager, the general manager. I'm having a hard time making relationships over at this Kia dealer. I'm going to try again this week. I'm just going to show up down there and try to find the GM or the service manager and go from there. Now issue with the motor home working with Chopper. I'm not sure what this one is, but mil Milton, you you held yesterday for a long time, so I appreciate it. One line opened by the way, three L three seven one, three eight, two five five or three oh three? Martino? Hey Milton, what's going on? What was the original story?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 1: The original story is I bought a brand new JCO Class CRV from a dealer in Texas, Canada. Because this was after the It was a twenty twenty three midel brand new, but the twenty fours already out.
Speaker 13: No dealer in Colorado had one, uh, and I was looking to save some money, in which I did. I got a really good deal from him.
Speaker 6: What was the dealer's name? What was it?
Speaker 7: A nationwide dealer? Who was it?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 13: It was a It was Greg R Marine and RB.
Speaker 7: And Texter count Keep going, man, Yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: The good deal turned out to be a rustbucket because apparently this was delivered in the winter in a snowstorm and picked up a lot of road salt to matt chloride.
Speaker 13: This is what I believe happened.
Speaker 6: So when it got delivered to you it was in horrible shape. Why'd you take delivery or you had no choice?
Speaker 13: Well, I listen, I checked it out.
Speaker 1: Everything worked. The only thing I didn't do was look underneath it. And I will never ever buy another vehicle, new or used without looking underneath it first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I don't get. Listen, this is the part. Help me understand this. If a trailer is sitting on a lot somewhere, I mean, it's not going to get mag chloride up under it unless if they're moving it all the time. How do you think And I don't doubt anything you're saying, but I'm trying to figure out and then moving it and bringing it from wherever to here, it's not going to be enough mag chloride to do that. So wouldn't it Doesn't it make more sense that it just wasn't treated properly, or they missed something when they built it, or it was possibly sitting in water or something.
Speaker 13: No, I did, Mark, I did a little research. I checked. I checked with the Weather Bureau at the weather when on the date this was delivered, and for three days.
Speaker 1: Prior it was snowing in Indiana up where a factory at and it was light snow, so they apparently treated the road and they didn't have enough moisture to you know, to wash off all the salt and so.
Speaker 13: And again this is this is what I think I have.
Speaker 1: No, you know, no I'm not an eyewitness, but yeah, okay, but so weaved picked up the salt and the mad chloride and then.
Speaker 13: It's saddling the dealers a lot for about a year.
Speaker 7: I got it and it just eroded away.
Speaker 6: It just rusted and the roaded because the mad chloride was on there forever and they didn't wash it off, and it sat for a year and that basically ate the metal exactly. So where are we at now when you finally how long after you received it or took delivery did you actually notice the rust problem?
Speaker 7: And why?
Speaker 13: All right? I drove it back home.
Speaker 1: I the first half, filled it up with gas and parked it in my garage. And then because I had a problem with the generator on the way home, about one or two days later, I started checking.
Speaker 13: Out to see we're grown.
Speaker 1: The generator got it, and that's when I spotted the rush.
Speaker 6: And it's really bad. I'm assuming anybody that looked at it would be like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes I had Actually I had trans wes RB. I had a technician out.
Speaker 6: I like those guys, and he wrote a.
Speaker 13: Really specific report on it.
Speaker 1: And his comment and I don't have it from me, so I'm paraphrasing, but.
Speaker 13: He says, this did not look like a new vehicle.
Speaker 1: It looked like I used when it had over one hundred thousand miles on it, and it should never have been sold as new.
Speaker 7: Well, how many miles were on it?
Speaker 13: Well, when I picked it up, there was only nine hundred miles on it.
Speaker 7: Front of the fact that can be sold that can definitely be sold as new. What's that that can be sold as new?
Speaker 6: I don't know why he said it shouldn't have been you know.
Speaker 13: It was a new vehicle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and I you know, I hit pretty much faith behind it from the dealer in Texas because it hit the you know, JCO factory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got you, so, so I got it. So now now we're here, and I assume you reached out to Jacob. Hold on, I got to take this break, But I assume you reached out to Jaco, And Jacob basically said we're gonna find out after this.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this hour brought to you by Paul the Waterman. What I love about Paul is his pricing. I mean, the service is impeccable. They installed a softener at our house and Suzanne couldn't be more happy. I mean, I love it too. But Suzanne, to be quite honest, apparently a water softener is great for your hair, and she loves it, and I taste no difference in the water. And the system was half the price of the other guys. And then on top of that, Now what he's got is unbelievable. He's got a new water system, a whole house system that removes the chlorine. It removes the forever chemicals and we all know those are everywhere, removes hard water, and it's on sale right now. This is installed. This is incredible thirty six ninety five. You got to go to waterpros dot net for details. But it gets rid of the forever chemicals. That's my favorite part about that waterpros dot net. Now this poor guy, Milton, he bought I'm sorry, yeah, it is Milton. Milton bought an RV from a dealer, a Jacob, and he got it. He picked it up, I think it was in Texas. He drove it back to Colorado. He had it for a while. He had a problem with the generator, so he ends up kind of getting under it and he sees all this rust at the bottom. So now that we know this brand new unit is all rusted at the bottom. Milton, I'm sure you called Jaco. It is Jaco, right, yes, And what did Jacob initially say. Did they say, bring it up and look at it. Is that why you ended up at trans West?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I first called the dealer, and of course the dealer says, no, we're not taking it back because at that point in time I didn't want it. It was so bad. And give you an idea. When I went to pick it up. Yeah, they had a problem with the power of converted, which wasn't charging the batteries, and they had already put a new one in and that one wasn't working while I was there. Okay, he's got the technicians working on it. And the technician gets out from underneath it. He says, I've got to fix I said, what was wrong? He said it was just a bad ground.
Speaker 6: Oh, it was a bad ground because of the rust.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the RUSS was so bad.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, rusted the ground wire off of the frame.
Speaker 6: So what So what happened at that point? So where are we at right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, so the dealer, the dealer tells me, look, Jacob covers a warranty. Uh, Texas has the law once you drive off the lot, there's the dealer is not required to unwand the deal for any reason.
Speaker 13: So I'm stuck with it. As far as the dealer's concerned.
Speaker 1: He's telling me called Jaco that they have a two year warranty on so called Jacob First. The first thing they said, Russ Boyd's our warranty. It's in writing. There's nothing I can do about Jacob.
Speaker 13: My god, Ford Motor Company.
Speaker 1: They warranty excludes Russ and they even mentioned road Salt. So I've got no recourse other than the fight Jaco and the dealer and for oh guys, for six months I went to the.
Speaker 6: So so you called us a while back, and I think Chopper was assigned. Suzanne, you look like you knew something about it.
Speaker 3: Well, I missed a little bit because I stepped.
Speaker 15: Out, but I do know his it's a newer issue, like things are fine now, but he's looking for one hundred dollars refund from the DMV or something.
Speaker 13: What actually more than that?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, well hold on a second, Milton.
Speaker 6: So what happened? How did it finally get fixed? Did Jacob step up?
Speaker 13: I'll try and make.
Speaker 1: My long stories, yeah, my god, please, Okay, Well, you know I thought between the two of them, I used that did everything behind an attorney, and the attorney because of my age and how much money they wanted up front.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's fine. So the dealer and Jaco, you're going after them? What did they end up doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I went on the dealer owner's forum, and not the dealer, but did Jacob owners forum.
Speaker 13: Yep, And I told my story. I put pictures, I.
Speaker 1: Put a copy of the trans West their examination on are and and then I contacted the dealer again and I found out they had a.
Speaker 6: New Yeah, So what happened?
Speaker 1: This general manager decided, Okay, he says, I'm gonna help you out. He says, I'm gonna see if I can't get Jacob to take it back, come pick it up and take it back to the factory and we'll split the costs.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 1: Well, it turned out that I had to bring it back to the factory. They wouldn't they wouldn't send somebody to pick it up. So I drove it back to the factory. They told me it was going to be three days. But it's a good thing.
Speaker 13: I towed my car behind it.
Speaker 6: So what did they do though, My god, Milton, what happened? What did they do?
Speaker 13: Well, they put it in their chassis shop.
Speaker 1: You know, they buy the chassis from Ford and then they prepared the chassis. Well, they put it in the chassis shop. They got rid of the rust, they replaced all the ground wires, even the ones that wasn't rusted. They put all new ground.
Speaker 13: Wires on it.
Speaker 1: They looked like they fix pulled the drive chef and rebalanced the drive chef.
Speaker 13: Anyway, they took.
Speaker 6: Care of it excellent. So they took care of it, and ten minutes later, now you know everything was fixed by him. So let's go on to the DMV problem. And good work, by the way, good work standing up for yourself putting that stuff on that.
Speaker 7: Owner's for him because people look at those all the time.
Speaker 6: I have a unit, I have a new mar unit, and I go to the owner's stuff all the time to read about complaints or to read about different things. That was a great job, and I'm glad they finally did something.
Speaker 7: So now where are we at?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 1: So I before I went to the factory, the dealer told me, he says, find somebody local that'll do it and I'll pay part. And I've had like at least six people turned me down. I finally found a guy in Commerce City has done some work from before.
Speaker 13: Empire Truck does fabulous.
Speaker 6: Milton, Milton, I got to just make you focus a little more, man, So just tell me what the problem is right now, like DMV stole one hundred dollars out of my pocket. I mean, what is it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I went to the DMV in September because obviously I hadn't licensed this vehicle yet.
Speaker 7: Because understood, understood, And.
Speaker 1: In September I just needed a temp tag to get it to Commerce City.
Speaker 13: Okay, yeah, well they give me a temp tag.
Speaker 1: They charged me one hundred dollars late. Fat I said, we've got to charge you for that. Yeah, okay, but she says, you know what, can't the bill of sale and your old registration from the one that you sold in January is still good to the end of October, and we will give you a refund from the day you sold it toward the license on a new And I said, that's great. So anyway, this thing's up at the factory.
Speaker 13: They were supposed to have it for three days.
Speaker 6: They kept it for over But none of this is DMV's fault. As much as DMV's a pain in the ass to all of us. I don't understand why this is a DMV issue.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, I go back there on October eighteenth, the vehicles still at the factory. Okay, when I first went there, I had both certificates of one from Jacob one from Ford. And I asked the lady, I said, am I going to need a VN verification because I had the certificates origin. She says, oh no, they got everything on here.
Speaker 13: They got to wait on it. You don't you don't need to do anything with that.
Speaker 6: He and she had my God, Milton, I swear to God, man, how can we help you? What? Why do you think dmv owes you one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: I could get When I went back to get it license, they told me I needed the ven verification. Okay, I can't get it because it's fifteen hundred miles away, okay, and so so okay, So when I get it back, I get the ven verification, I'll go back. Then they look at my paperwork again for the third time, and they say, oh, you don't have the odometer statement. Okay, all right, So I get the deal of the semi THEO dometer statement. They gave me a letter for that, and and and you know.
Speaker 6: I could probably just leave the studio right now and come back in an hour, Milton, you would still be talking. I swear to God, listen, I love you. Man, and I want to help you, but I have to at one point. I understand what you're saying. But everything you have said so far, and if anybody in this room or anybody listening thinks different, please let me know. But this isn't a DMV issue because you don't have certain things.
Speaker 1: I had to go six times because every time I went there, they told me I needed something else.
Speaker 13: Okay, even though they looked at all the payer work.
Speaker 1: Then they told me, okay, I didn't get it registered in time, so I don't get any refine.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 13: They charged me late.
Speaker 1: Then they charged me the taxes on it from the whole time I had it, from February to.
Speaker 7: The Well, of course they did, because that's when you.
Speaker 6: Bought it, I know, but.
Speaker 13: It was under That's.
Speaker 6: Okay, Milton, listen, listen, man, I'm being so serious here. That's not a DMV issue. The fact that you had to go back and forth is a pain in the ass. I get that. That would drive me nuts too. You had to make six visits. It's absolutely crazy. I agree, one hundred percent. But they're not going to give you a refund for any of that. And when you purchase a vehicle, from the date. That's when you pay the sales tax on it. That's when you pay the registration, when you get your plates. That's just how it works. They're not going to modify that.
Speaker 13: Okay, now I've got that.
Speaker 1: But it was their fault because they told me I didn't need the VIN verification.
Speaker 6: I understand that it was their fault because they weren't very productive every time you came in, or else you wouldn't have to go in six times. But trying to get how much you looking for? Let me ask you that.
Speaker 1: I'd like to get my one hundred dollars leaf feed back, my god, or at least at least whatever I'm owed from Susan.
Speaker 6: Do we still have an insider a DMV or did they retire. I haven't reached.
Speaker 7: Out to him in a long time.
Speaker 15: I'm a little uncomfortable asking for it.
Speaker 7: It's not their fault.
Speaker 6: But if you want me to, I.
Speaker 7: Will just email them and let's see what they say. For the hell of it.
Speaker 6: But I mean, here's the bottom line, you know what I tell them, if they can just look at the fire, if it makes sense. But there's no he wants one hundred dollars late feedback. I just don't see it happening now either.
Speaker 11: I think you're just lucky this deals.
Speaker 13: You give me a refund because I did, Truyn.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you, this man, how much did you drop on this thing?
Speaker 13: I don't know what the purchase price?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the unit?
Speaker 6: How much?
Speaker 13: Oh it was ninety thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: So it's ninety thousand dollars and we're talking about one hundred dollars late fee right now.
Speaker 7: Why don't you get in that thing?
Speaker 6: Not necessarily, not necessarily today, but why don't you get in it and go enjoy it and drive it around the country and forget about the one hundred bucks?
Speaker 7: For goodness sakes, milk, we.
Speaker 13: Get some nice weather playing on it.
Speaker 6: Well cool, Maybe Susanne and I'll meet up with you somewhere in ours. But I'm honest, I'm gonna have Suzanne email just to get thoughts from it. But I can't imagine this is gonna work out. I am so happy, though, to hear we can free that lineup now. I am so happy to hear he got it fixed, right, guys. Does anybody just agree with me? I think that's wonderful.
Speaker 12: He got the rest and the issue taking care of these because he's camping companies that really have been in a butt.
Speaker 11: Milton's very lucky.
Speaker 12: He's got a ninety thousand dollars vehicle and he's arguing over one hundred bucks. Pay the one hundred bucks whatever. Let him keep it and drive around the country and enjoy your retirement in life.
Speaker 7: It's absolutely that was very long. Three oh three seven, three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Carry's got a problem with the mechanic and Kyle has an issue with bitcoin.
Speaker 7: We have two lines open three zero three.
Speaker 14: Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We have two lines open three oh three, Martino, You've been ripped off taking advantage of We want to hear from you. These fires are so devastating. These flyovers this morning, I mean it looks it looks like a jungle that had been burned down in Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: It's absolutely insane.
Speaker 6: And you realize the leaders out there cut the kelly you just said, was it seventeen million or.
Speaker 16: Seven seventeen and a half million dollars out of the La County Fire LA Fire Department budget.
Speaker 7: That's just insane, And that happened somewhat recently.
Speaker 17: Right, Well, that was a few months ago.
Speaker 16: And even more so devastating is in twenty fourteen they allocated seven point five billion for water mitigation, meaning that every hydrant was supposed to be filled in southern California, and at this point there's only about twenty five per second.
Speaker 7: Is this around where you lived out there or a family?
Speaker 17: This is near the coast, So I lived further east.
Speaker 6: Okay, gotcha? So your your people aren't affected, that's the bottom line.
Speaker 16: Well, now my family lives up north in the Santa Clarida Valley, and now they are because the Silmar fire is actually blowing toward them.
Speaker 17: Everything is now in danger.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 10: And also they didn't feel because they were trying to protect some fish.
Speaker 6: Yeah I heard that, some little delta. Why what was the importance of the fish. I'm sure they didn't decide just one day to protect it. I mean, does it make medication for cancer or something that.
Speaker 17: Delton want to the delta smelt No, so that.
Speaker 7: Well, you throw a few in an aquarium somewhere and.
Speaker 6: Call it good.
Speaker 16: Well, the whole thing is that it's supposedly endangered. So the environmentalist got involved.
Speaker 6: And I'm sure all the ashes will help the fish at this point.
Speaker 16: And at this point, what they're doing and this is really really heinous, and this is what's making a lot of la people very bitter, is that instead of using the reservoirs as they were intended to be as a way to scoop up water to.
Speaker 7: Their bathtubs for the homeless, well.
Speaker 16: No, but they're now basically aqueducting them out to the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 7: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: We don't need water.
Speaker 10: Get rid of it.
Speaker 7: By the way, I don't water grass A serious question.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Kelly Mark, do you think that this catastrophe, this disaster is going to change any of the politics in California and Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: They're changing already. Just look at the difference in votes last time dot. But I think what it's going to do more than anything is drive people out of California. I mean, look at that picture right there. I mean, when you think of rebuilding, you go, oh my god. I mean, it makes the Boulder fire look small.
Speaker 17: Well, and the other thing that you guys have to take.
Speaker 6: It and there's a ton of people, do you guys realize there is a ton of people not insured there.
Speaker 7: Most of them are going to be underinsured.
Speaker 6: Like Boulder, ninety five percent of the Boulder Rights were under insured. Listen to this, though, there's a lot of people there because they bought these homes years ago for one hundred hundred and fifty thousand bucks. Now they're valued at three million dollars, they simply can't afford the insurance.
Speaker 7: So a lot of people have zero insurance.
Speaker 16: Well, and also you have to remember that in California, you're obligated to carry earthquake insurance, which is very pricey, and so some people opt to drop fire insurance because they have to carry earthquake.
Speaker 6: It's going to be very sad for people.
Speaker 16: No, just wait Mark because in April and may just wait for the mudslides.
Speaker 7: Oh exactly. Oh, it's going to be unbelievable.
Speaker 6: That same thing happened up around our mountain house up in Deckers after the huge fire. What was at the Hayman After the Hayman fire, every house basically around us burned down. Our house is left standing. The value of it plummeted to next to nothing. And if you drive up there right now to West Creek still till this day, it's just burnout. I mean it's not burnout anymore, but there's no trees, there's nothing. And when the water started coming, the flooding started happening.
Speaker 10: I would love to see what Compass says about whether or not insurance company is going to go bankrupt and if the government's going to step in and beil them out.
Speaker 6: You know what, that's not a bad idea, doc, because I think most of these companies. Let's take Safec plus, I heard a ton pulled out of California. I don't even know how an insurance company would even operate in California anymore. The loss is crazy. And what happens is us we end up paying for that and the rest of the country. Now we have our own issues with hal and fires, but really the entire country. Think of a place like Oklahoma that really doesn't have fires, or think of a place I don't know what.
Speaker 10: State does in Oklahoma's a lot of tornadoes.
Speaker 6: They have tornadoes, But make up a state. Take Ohio, Ohio, that's a great one. They basically end up paying for all these other states because they tried to spread out the cost. But I think a lot of people like Safeco State Farm all State are reinsured with someone like what is it Lloyd's of London. So, but that is a great question. We'll do that later.
Speaker 7: On in the show. Kyle, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: And then Carrie, I promise you're up next.
Speaker 7: Hey Kyle, Yes, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 18: Well? I uh, some time back in the nineties, I invested in a bitcoin deal, okay, And you know, I thought for sure it was a scam to start with, and I didn't really think much of it wasn't a lot of money. But I get started getting emails about six months ago.
Speaker 6: You know, I just want to stop you for one second. I'm going to take this break, but I want you to think about something erring the break and I'll come right back to you.
Speaker 19: All right, okay, sure, all right.
Speaker 6: So here's what I want you to think about. Though bitcoin was founded in two thousand and nine, so I'm not quite sure what we're talking about in the nineties. Maybe you got the dates wrong, but let's figure that out first.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. By the way, Frank Duran the real estate Man. You want the best realtor out there in Denver, Metro or the front Range. You got to check him out. He sells more homes you can find this it's an easy statu it's on MLS. He sells more homes listen to this in one month than most realtors sell in over a year. And he does it for more money. He's going to make you more money on the house. And then if you're buying a house, man, can this guy negotiate? He negotiated with the guy we were buying our Frank townhouse from, and we got it down almost one hundred thousand dollars. Now this is years ago, but man, it was amazing. It was absolutely amazing. He's a great guy. Frank durand Homes dot com, Frank Duran Holmes dot com. Now we're going to go back to this gentleman that just called and he got some kind of scammed with bitcoin or maybe just crypto or something. But he said it was in the nineties, but bitcoin and stuff really came about.
Speaker 10: I just checked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bitcoin didn't come out until you know, well into the two thousands.
Speaker 18: So what happened, Well, actually it come out around ninety seven was when it turned into bitcoin, but there was digital currencies well before that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Kyle, so what's the problem. Now, what happened? You got scammed? Twenty thirty years ago.
Speaker 18: Here's my biggest problem, Yeah, is that I keep I get email after email after email about how they're converting my bitcoins into US scholars and putting them in wallets somewhere, and I can't figure out and nobody can figure out how to access it. Access All I want to do is get my funds and get them pulled out of there.
Speaker 6: Well, where are your funds held? What kind of wallet do you have? Where are your funds?
Speaker 18: Well, I'm in bitcoin, and I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 7: You're in bitcoin, but where's the bitcoin sitting?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 18: And it's a company called Buyinance.
Speaker 7: Okay, And when you call them up, what do they say?
Speaker 18: There's a blockchain that.
Speaker 6: I want you to send. Can you send me some of these emails that you're getting?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd like to see one so I can get at least a little bit of understanding.
Speaker 10: Finance that company that that kid got arrested for. Is finance still a viable company?
Speaker 7: I have no clue. I have no clue.
Speaker 6: I mean, Kyle, basically, you're saying you can't get to your currency, your crypto, right right? Okay? But when you first got it, this is so important. When you first got it, how did you get it? Did you get it through?
Speaker 7: What wallet? Where did you get it?
Speaker 6: And if we're going back to the nineteen nineties, I'm still going to say I have no idea how that's possible.
Speaker 18: Well, I somehow and it was a coworker, Yeah, mother was.
Speaker 6: His mother was selling you bitcoin in nineteen ninety something.
Speaker 7: I want to see the emails.
Speaker 6: I can't. I can't go any further till I see the emails. So Kelly, pickup where pick up line two with Kyle real quick, give me a favor and get that information while I'm looking right now, I'm waiting for you to pick up.
Speaker 7: Please pick up right now, and there's there, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: He can't hear me. My god, do you guys think he's drunk? Holy crap, I've never heard anybody's slurts so bad in Bitcoin didn't come around till oh nine or twenty ten.
Speaker 7: I don't even know what he's talking about.
Speaker 6: If anybody listening couldn't make sense of that, I'd love to hear from you. It's like, hey, man, in nineteen eighty seven, you know, I was like buying my first Dell computer, It's like, what, Lord have mercy, Kyle. I think someone took you, man, I think someone robbed you of money thirty years ago. I don't even know what kind of wallet was there, even crypto wallets in the nineties. Can anybody help me with that? Maybe there was there.
Speaker 10: Was no blockchain, because that's what bitcoin was based upon.
Speaker 6: If bitcoin came out basically in two thousand and nine or ten.
Speaker 10: July twenty ten it was launched.
Speaker 6: And he's in the nineties. That's it's remarkable, Carrie. What's going on with you? Let's get this started.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing great? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing wonderful?
Speaker 7: What's shaking?
Speaker 20: So this whole thing started back in April. I'm a single mom and a single grandmother raising grand babies.
Speaker 6: Oh bless your heart, brought to my kids.
Speaker 20: Boss of my grandkids are disabled, so I rely on my car for everything.
Speaker 6: And just out of curiosity to kind of understand a little more, why did you end up with the grandkids?
Speaker 20: My daughter has entercranial hypertension and they are unable to control it due to her Type one diabetes.
Speaker 6: Okay, I got you, she's.
Speaker 20: There, But I just I handle everything for them, because yeah, she's just going through a lot right now.
Speaker 7: So what's the issue with the mechanic.
Speaker 20: So with that being said, like I'm on disability, I was working at the time, and I relied on my car.
Speaker 6: I got you. I got a good picture of what's going on in the family. So but what what did the mechanic do? Because we got to go to break like in just a second, I'll of course come back to you. First, I took.
Speaker 20: My car to this guy who showed me a certification and whatever. Took it to this guy. He was highly recommended by people in the community.
Speaker 7: With some people, what did you take it to them for? What was the car doing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 20: Said, there's need to changing.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on a second, now, I've got somewhat of an understanding. She brought it to this mechanic. He showed her some kind of piece of paper. A lot more coming up. Hold tight, everybody, three oh three seven, one three A two five five April. You'll be up next. He's got a problem with an auto repair shop as well.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Ripped news you need so you don't have run anxious as can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 13: Come man, this is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martin, welcome.
Speaker 6: My friends to the only show of it's kind of. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life just a little bit better. If you have any issues, we want to hear from you right now. I got two lines open three zero three Martino, three three Martino, and please tell your friends that number. Anybody that you know that needs help, you're out there, maybe shoveling today and you find out that your neighbor has a problem with a roofer or something along that three oh three Martino, or of course help at troubleshooter dot com.
Speaker 10: Now we have a lot of tack walls, shoveling.
Speaker 6: Don't call us, don't called nine one one, Thank you, Doc help it troubleshooter dot com. Now let's see who we got here. We have an issue with a mechanic. We're going to go back to Carry we started with our last hour. I don't know how you found this mechanic, but it doesn't sound like it was a shop carry.
Speaker 7: It sounds like it was a shade tree kind of thing.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I mean he has a nice garage and you know, nice tools and everything.
Speaker 6: So it's in his house. Okay, So you went over to him, and why did you go there? I know you said to replace O two sensors, but how did you even know that?
Speaker 20: He advertises on Facebook, He advertises on many platforms.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but why did you go over to see him?
Speaker 20: I went and dropped my truck off. He was going to change the two sensors for me.
Speaker 6: Okay, Carry, you're not let me. I'm not saying it right, so I'm gonna say it this way. Okay, Why or how did you know or think you needed O two sensors?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 20: At A code reader was used on my truck and it was telling me that my driver's side two censor was failing.
Speaker 6: Okay. Generally I'll get shared in auto tech on if needed. But generally by looking at the code is not going to tell you it's gonna it's gonna say, hey, the O two sensor, hold on, okay, it's gonna say the O two sensor is reading high or low or not reading at all. But all right, go ahead, Kerry. I'm sure you know what's going on. Go ahead.
Speaker 20: So I dropped my truck off so that you can do a work on my truck.
Speaker 6: So you went over there and said, hey, I want O two sensors.
Speaker 20: Right, oh yeah, no, I've BOUGHTOMED two sensors ahead of time.
Speaker 6: Okay, but you so you brought I get it. But you went over there and said, here's the O two sensors. I want you to install them. Correct, okay, So what happened You dropped it off?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 20: So he called me back that afternoon because I kept bugging him. I was wonder why it was so late, and it was like, you can come pick it up now I'm done. And so when I pick it up, I crank up my car and it sounds like an eighteen wheeler. It sounds like a diesel truck running. It's loud, it's obnoxious. It was skipping trying to get it out of his driveway, and I was like, what is going on?
Speaker 6: And it wasn't doing anything like that prior, because you did say it was acting up.
Speaker 20: Right, Well, it was just it was you could tell it was something to do like a the O two sensor. It was kind of skipping a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't understand. This was not right.
Speaker 20: It sounded like my catalytic converter was gone. It was blowing hard. So I got it to the end of the road and like I called his best friend that told me, oh, meet me somewhere. Let me see what he did to your truck. He opens up the hood. He has spliced into the wiring harness and tried to bypass the O two sensors. And then he welded a hole in my catalytic converter trying to get out a c's O two sensor. And that's what was wrong with my truck. The catalytic converter was not connected anymore from where he did that damage. My wiring harness had been had been cut into multiple times trying to bypass the O two sensors and.
Speaker 6: Uh, Carrie, did you get it fixed after this?
Speaker 22: I did?
Speaker 2: I took it.
Speaker 20: Christian brothers found out what happened to me because I plastered it all over Facebook and found that they were like ten or twelve other victims that were elderly disabled or.
Speaker 6: What did I'm just I want to get back to the car real quick though, and your your circumstance, not all these other people. But what did they say exactly? How did they fix it? Did they do anything? Replace a wiring harness? I mean, what did they do?
Speaker 20: They did? They repaired the wiring harness. They had to order me a new catalytic converter.
Speaker 6: Sorry, they had to order so you probably Is it fair to say you needed a catalytic converter from the beginning.
Speaker 20: No, no, they said that it was my other one is fine, I have two.
Speaker 2: So and there was something wrong with.
Speaker 20: The catalytic converter. It's where he broke the O two.
Speaker 6: Sensor trying to get it out.
Speaker 20: Yep, yep, and it damaged the catalytic converter.
Speaker 6: I got you. And then so they did a new cat They did the new O two sensor, and then they hooked it back up by, you know, putting the wires back together for lack of a better word, right, and now it were.
Speaker 3: It's fine, No, and now I'm having problems with the wiring, like I'm about to put it back in the shop because my front glower quit working and was traced to be an electrical problem.
Speaker 6: So when you called this guy up, what's this guy's name, by the way, this original technician, Oh.
Speaker 20: His name is Andrew James Spiper, and I'm doctor to tell the business out there for him. But you can just google that name and you'll find out there's a lot going on, like he's an offender, a registered offender.
Speaker 7: Wait, wait, wait, hold on, give me his name again, Andrew George?
Speaker 20: What Andrew James?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how do you spell that?
Speaker 20: P F E I F E R.
Speaker 6: And then what is his shop's name? What is it?
Speaker 20: I don't I don't know what he calls it, honestly, Do you have a name phone number?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 20: He only contacts me through Messenger because the phone number I had for him he disconnected. He told me I was ruining his daughter's life by putting all of his business on Facebook. And I don't know what to tell him. I had I had to spend my grandson's street.
Speaker 6: Old this guy? How old is he?
Speaker 8: Thirty two?
Speaker 10: How much did it?
Speaker 7: Is this his mug shot right here? I know you can't see it.
Speaker 20: No, I'm telling you I already know what you're going to see when you find it, because I wish I would have googled.
Speaker 23: Him ahead of time.
Speaker 6: Is this his mugshot?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 6: Is he kind of like, uh, he looks kind of young, kind of skinny guy. Yep, let me see what it says. This is from the Denver Police Department, Tay Carey.
Speaker 10: While walk is doing that. How much did it cost you? A Christian brothers?
Speaker 20: It was almost four thousand dollars and they gave me a discount out of their benevolence spine, So I ended up paying twenty eight hundred dollars to get my truck back. And since then I've had to come up to this courthouse that I'm sitting at right now about five times from long months to try to get all these papers taking care of How.
Speaker 7: Much did you spend with this fiffer guy?
Speaker 2: I didn't get him a damn dumb oh.
Speaker 6: So he okay, so I get at least he didn't really steal any of your money. I mean he screwed up your car big time. Oh no, yeah, but I would love to call him. Listen to this, everybody. This is This is from twenty sixteen. He was twenty three years old at the time. Friends, can you help us locate Andrew Pfeiffer. Fifer is wanted for assault, criminal mischief, driving under restraint. He's a twenty three year old white male born on October eighth, nineteen ninety two, six feet tall, one hundred and seventy five pounds, brown hair, brown eyes. Is that this guy?
Speaker 2: Yep, that's him.
Speaker 7: Man, this is eight years ago and he's still up to it.
Speaker 6: The problem is if we had a phone number for him, I try to reach out to him and.
Speaker 7: You know, try to get his side of the story.
Speaker 6: But I mean, my goodness, I think us just warning people to stay away. What area is he in?
Speaker 8: He is in Lomont And you you.
Speaker 6: Said something about like he's a predator or something.
Speaker 7: What did you say along those lines?
Speaker 22: You can look that.
Speaker 20: Up too on the Colorado six Registry or he's on there.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 20: From twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: God Bless taken.
Speaker 20: Advantage of a minor or someone who has incapacitated. He did five years in prison, he told me this. Now he did five and a half years in prison, and now he wants to just leave it alone. And I'm ruining his baby daughter's life. He just had a new baby.
Speaker 6: God, I wish we had a way to have people just know more about this guy. He's advertising. That's the problem using like next door or Facebook. I mean, you never know who you're dealing with. Mark.
Speaker 10: This is a perfect thing for small claims because even though you should well let me finished, you probably don't have any money. Yeah, but she can go in and take his tools, and.
Speaker 6: That would be I mean, this guy's gonna have vent him from doing this. I wouldn't throw I wouldn't throw the fifty five. The chances of this guy showing up for court, you'd get the judgment.
Speaker 8: You get that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I already did that and he didn't show Did you get the judgment?
Speaker 20: Yep, I got the judgment.
Speaker 19: He didn't show up.
Speaker 10: What did you take go there with a cop and take his tool?
Speaker 6: Doesn't you got to do a lot more doctor to get Oh my god, you got to do so much to get there. And honestly, if they're a trade tool, I'm not even sure how that works. I just don't know start bikes.
Speaker 20: I do know for a fact he's got six stirt bikes that he owns.
Speaker 6: Hey, let's do this. I would like to know this, so you have the judgment right now, right yep, Hey, let's get I want to ask Frank Ball something. Hold on, I want to ask an attorney literally about what Doc's saying. I would like to know what hoops you got to go through if you got a judgment and the guy simply isn't paying, isn't doing anything. Did you serve interrogatories at any point?
Speaker 20: That's what I'm doing today because I have found out to tell me where he worked.
Speaker 7: Where does he work?
Speaker 20: He works at K Metal Metal Fabrication.
Speaker 6: I wonder if they know what a deadbeat day have working for him, you know what, he's making people's lives like yours miserable. I wonder if that place knows what kind of place you're working. I mean, i'd hate to they didn't do anything wrong. I mean, I have no problem with them, you know, hiring them, but I'm curious if we should warn them.
Speaker 7: What kind of scumbag?
Speaker 6: In my opinion, this guy, this guy is I mean, really, this guy, this guy, this guy is ruined a lot of people's lives.
Speaker 15: Regarding our caller, carry if he didn't take any money from her, what is she looking?
Speaker 6: He's ruined the car? How much did you have to spend for Christian Brothers? Hold on, let me I just want to bring Kevin in this, and Kelly, let's try to get Frank Ball. I'm gonna have to take a break right after Kevin though, Hey, Kevin, just out of curiosity. When you have a code reader and you read that it needs an O two censor, am I correct in saying? That means here's an issue with the two censor. In other words, could be a high reading, a low reading, no reading. But it doesn't necessarily mean the two sensor itself is bad.
Speaker 9: No, it could be a ground.
Speaker 13: It could be the heater circuit.
Speaker 9: It'd be the cat right connector Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Okay that was really the main question I had. But this this took a totally different turn after talking to her. I mean, this guy sounds like a total deadbeat. Do you see cars show up at Sheridan Auto Tech where these shade Tree ripoffs have just messed them up?
Speaker 9: That's just it, And you know, they don't even rip people off on purpose. Sometimes they just have no clue what they're doing.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, this guy costs twenty six dollars in damage.
Speaker 9: Right, and if he couldn't get the auction sensor out, she may have needed a cat anyway. Yeah, so that's hard to say. Sometimes we get him, you just can't get those OC sensors out. They can weld themselves in there. Yeah, not often, but it does happen.
Speaker 6: All right, Hey, Kevin, that's Kevin. He's the owner of shared in Auto Tech. I appreciate you coming on for that real quick. We're going to try to get Frank baull U's a collection attorney, on to see what kind of hoops she'd have to jump through.
Speaker 7: This guy's not going to fill out interrogatories.
Speaker 6: I mean, and if he does, he has nothing, it's gonna say, list the property you have. Well, he doesn't have any, it's gonna say, you know, it will ask for employment. So it's possible they might be able to garnish, but I would assume this guy's gonna have another job within three weeks, and then it's gonna say list bank accounts. I doubt he's got a bank account. I mean, this guy. People got to watch out for this guy. I'm gonna take this break, but I want I want someone's opinion on something. I want a callers. I have one line open. Please, someone out there listening to this situation that hurt it. What do you think if I had one of our deputies call up where he's working, just to make sure, just to make sure they're No, they're dealing with a apparently ill We'll make sure about this. They're dealing with a sex somebody on the sex registry. They're dealing with someone that apparently ripped his lady off for twenty six hundred bucks. They're dealing with someone that back in two thy sixteen had an assault charge, a criminal charge. I'd like you know what, I got his birthday and everything right here, Suzanne, Let's pull this guy's stats. I'd love to pull this guy's stats. I'll give you the birthday over break. Let's see what he's really been up to.
Speaker 11: I would like to call KMG and see if he's employed there.
Speaker 7: That's the other thing. Is he lion?
Speaker 6: I don't know, but she thinks he's employed there. But hold on, I want to pull over break or very shortly during this show. I want to see what this cat's been up to.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Carrie, you got ripped off by a pretty bad dude. I mean this guy, this rap sheet is unbelievable. You're right, he is a sex offender. In fact, he got in trouble for not registering. Right, Susanne Suzanne run down a few things on.
Speaker 15: This guy, uh, domestic violence plug down. It looked like Mark. I have a hard time with some of those forms I'm reading. But yeah, he pled guilty to.
Speaker 6: Yeah what what was? What are sexual assault guilty?
Speaker 15: Failure to register as a sex offender guilty guilty?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 15: So he's not.
Speaker 7: And then the latest one was what it was, it was five thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: You plead on that.
Speaker 15: It looked like he pled guilty to that man. Again, those forms are hard for me to read, but that's what.
Speaker 6: I was seeing. This is this guy's no good and this guy's been doing this for a long time. Care right, I get well. I hope everybody out there is listening. When they go to Facebook and see a deal on a mechanic or a roofer or something that that is just crazy, just don't do it. First of all, go to referral list dot com. That's the safest way. You got a problem with one of our sponsors. At referral list dot com, they've been background checked, they've signed her code of ethics. And then on top of that, you can call us right on the air and we'll go after them. But we don't need to do that because that doesn't happen. Well, I can't say it's never happened, but that's how it works. So Carrie, I do want to lock you in though, and I want you to. I'm going to bring up Frank Ball. Hey, Frank Man, how are you ben? Happy New Year, sir?
Speaker 13: Happy?
Speaker 23: New Year to you.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm good. Well, I'm glad to hear that. Man, this one is, this one's crazy. So basically, this mechanics.
Speaker 7: Screwed her over.
Speaker 6: But the question I have for you is, she's got a judgment. She went to small claims and you have a judgment for what, Carrie, twenty six hundred.
Speaker 23: I have a judgement for twenty eight hundred.
Speaker 6: He never showed up. It was a default judgment. How long ago was that She's going to try to serve him interrogatories? I think she said today, right, yes, but I can already tell because of this guy's background. We pulled a criminal record on him. I mean, I highly doubt he's got a bank account. I highly doubt he's got a house. In fact, I'll go out in the Lemons says there's no way he owns property. And then I just think he's I don't want to say judgment proof. He does have tools of the trade for being a mechanic. He's got some dirt bikes. You said, carry motorcycles. So, Frank, my question for you, if someone has a judgment and they they either in the interrogatories basically just have nothing. Let's say he doesn't list stuff or doesn't fill him out. How do you take that judgment and get a sheriff to be able to go to wherever he's staying and start taking his tools, taking his motorcycles.
Speaker 7: How do you get to that point?
Speaker 23: Well, I think it's one step at a time. First off, in terms of serving the interrogatories. The pattern interrogatories, obviously it has to be someone over the age of eighteen, not a party to the action. So once those interrogatories are served, that person has fourteen.
Speaker 6: Days to answer.
Speaker 23: You really want to go that route first, And let's say they never answer, then what the next step is to do a contempt citation and hand them at the court.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you ask the judge, You say, hey, he had thirty days or whatever the timeframe is to fill these out.
Speaker 7: He didn't do it, Please hold them in contempt.
Speaker 6: And in the perfect world, what they'll do is put a bench warrant out and then if they pull them over or do something else, or they have a really slow day, they can go hook them right.
Speaker 23: Well, yes and no. The yes part is he has fourteen days to answer the questions. Let's say he doesn't answer them at all. If he doesn't answer them at all. You say these were not answered, you do a contempt citation. There's forms that you can get, and then there's a date certain I think it's sixty dollars that you have to pay the click of the court, and then there's a date certain that he has to come, and then you have to serve him again with the contempt citation. Let's say he just answers part of him. He answers no, no, no, no no. After thirty seven and a half years of practicing law, really, I think I saw one set of interrogatories that are answered correctly.
Speaker 8: They're never answered correctly.
Speaker 23: They're answered correctly if you have a lawyer who knows what they're doing and actually.
Speaker 6: Does it correctly.
Speaker 23: So then what you say is this number one isn't answered, Number two isn't answered, Number three is incomplete. And typically what happens is they never provide the documents. In the pattern interrogatories, you have to provide four years of tax returns, you have to provide bank statements.
Speaker 5: And they don't do it.
Speaker 23: And they don't do it, so you bring them in on a contempt citation.
Speaker 6: So well, hold on, Frank, I want to clarify something So if someone puts no, no, no, no no, or if they put I've got a bank account with seven dollars in it, but they don't give the tax returns, they don't give the bank statements, and it's not complete.
Speaker 7: Like what you're saying, is that contemptible?
Speaker 23: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, perfect, Yes.
Speaker 23: That's when you say I doubt the veracity of the answer to this question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got it. So let's go from there. So, now the judge does the contempt to order, then what.
Speaker 23: Then you serve the contempt and then and then they either appear they don't appear, just like you were saying a minute ago. If they don't appear, the court is going to issue a warrant for his arrest, and you're going to ask for a cash only bond, not a PR bond, so that there's some skin in the game by this person. Yeah, and then you send that to the shriff, and god willing, they'll pick them up. It really depends on, well, what jurisdiction it is.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you what I dealt with and tell me why it worked this way, and if it's possible it would work this way. I went after a guy, Jay Lopez, and we helped the woman.
Speaker 7: I served the guy. I did everything you just said.
Speaker 6: I served him the initial thing, then I served them interrogatories, he didn't answer. Then I served them the contempt order. And he did have a bench warrant put out for him. He was doing some criminal mischief in Douglas County, and I found out he had to be there in front of the judge. So I went down there in front of the judge and told the sheriff down there, they're in the same building. I said, look, this guy right here as a bench warrant in Denver. Why don't you guys pick them up? And they weren't going to pick them up. They were extra item or whatever you want to call it. They weren't going to do it till I got on the air and started telling everybody, Douglas County's not doing anything. But long, long story short, they did do something. He got brought down to Denver. The bond was like thirty five hundred bucks or whatever the judgment was for, but after fifteen days in the pokey, the judge led them out. So he never ended up paying this person. So does that happen a lot of times as well?
Speaker 23: Okay, two things first off, like I just said, depends on the jurisdiction. Denver's backed up. I recently talked to the sergeant in Denver and they're not picking anybody up. They have too many felony the felonies that are violent that they're going to do, and they're not going to do anything. However, if you have a situation at Adams, they will. Outlying counties they will. But so it really depends where you are, I guess, and it's a matter of what happens next. So the other thing is, so, for example, let's say you have the five thousand dollars cash only bond. That's what the judge said. The sheriffs don't really give it.
Speaker 13: Damn yeah, take it back.
Speaker 18: Take it back.
Speaker 23: I don't want to say anything negative, but sheriffs they're too busy I guess violent criminals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 23: They're going to reduce it to a PR bond and give them a date and let them out.
Speaker 6: And then of course a guy like this probably won't show again. I mean, he's a registered sex offender. They've already got him for not registering. I mean, this guy, to me just looks like the scum of the earth.
Speaker 23: It's persistence. It's persistent. I bet built my career on persistence. I bet you have a guy who chased somebody once for when he was thirty seven to when he was fifty eight and finally got him thousand dollars and I got fifteen thousand dollars. Obviously, my client was very happy.
Speaker 6: Think of that as a business owner forever, including now, what's crazy about that? I'm thinking the economical side of your business. I know, like personal injury attorneys. You know generally they're collecting two years after the case. In your case, your cash flow, Oh my god, there's times you have to be like you just said, you're waiting twenty years to get paid. Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 10: Hey, friend.
Speaker 23: Other thing that I want to make sure I explain sure if they show up at the contempt citation, that's where you work the deal. That's where you want to do a stipulation that he's going to they he O twenty eight hundred bucks, he's going to pay two hundred dollars a month starting on.
Speaker 6: This day whatever it is, full plus the interest.
Speaker 23: But because that way, that way you can bring him in at a later point in time for violating the order of the court.
Speaker 13: But this way, at.
Speaker 23: Least if there's an agreement between the parties, sometimes that makes a difference. He's committed to it, and he'll he'll call and say, hey, I can't pay you two hundred dollars. I can only pay you this much money, one hundred dollars, and I'll pay you one hundred dollars in two weeks. I mean, that way, you've got to fight and chance to continue that opening that communication, whether the guy's that scumback or not.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've seen it, and you might get something.
Speaker 23: You bet something is better than nothing.
Speaker 6: Let me circle. I want to circle back to my question.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, how do you go about if he has no money taking his tools?
Speaker 6: Because exactly what I want to do is circle back to that, Frank. So let's say this guy follows the same pattern. He generally doesn't doesn't show up for anything. How do you finally get to the point or is that just a fallacy? In other words, it's like a myth. How do you get to the point where you can go grab his toolbox, go grab his motorcycles?
Speaker 23: Okay, it really depends. Again. After thirty seven and a half years, I've never done one attachment action. And the reason is is because I don't deal with people who have paid up Mercedes bands. Got it, Okay, if I and that way, I got it, there's a problem. You have to store it, you have to auctionate, you have to jump through a million hoops right away, and sometimes the costs involved are more than the money.
Speaker 7: So it really is there's a way to do it.
Speaker 6: But to go through all those hoops to show up and grab a guy's you know, use toolbox and whatever's in there, it probably just doesn't even make sense that can.
Speaker 23: Tools are different than motorcycles are cars. Tools. There's an exemption. I knew it's amount of dollars for his his work living.
Speaker 7: I said that to her too.
Speaker 23: And also cars there's also exemption. But you know, if he's got a two thousand and twenty two Dodds that's paid for a pickup truck, that's a twenty five hundred that's.
Speaker 6: Worth forty dollars, he doesn't.
Speaker 23: But it's just there you go. The problem is is that's really not You have to deal in reality. And so the answer to the question is persistent. I understand is you keep them, you keep them on the leash. You keep them, you reset the data of the contempt citation. When I was a divorce lawyer, I did a trial a week for fifteen years and I did one hundred guardian lit them cases where I made recommendations on customer and pairing time. And when people didn't want to pay the child support, I didn't want to put them in jail because if I put him in jail, they never pay. Of course, But what I do is I'd say, hey, let's continue it out. You're going to pay your four hundred dollars a month. We're going to kick it down the road for six months, and as long as you pay, we're going to kick it in road.
Speaker 6: And you're holding to jail. Yeah, you're motivating him. I got to go to breakdough, Frank. But you're motivating them as well by hanging that carrative jail over his head. By the way, if you're you know you're in business out there and you've got valid collections or need help with them. Frank Paul is not only a collection guy, but he's an attorney. He's great at what he does. Three oh three six two nine seven thousand carry. I do want to have some thoughts with you after this Breakdough, because I agree with what Frank said, but I want to talk to you about it right after this than Paul Gabriel, Gary, you guys hang tight.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage? Dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 6: Right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you've been ripped off, taken advantage of. We want to hear from you. We've got a lot cooking today. I want to finish up with Kerrie real quick. Carrie. Here's the bottom line. I love what you're doing. Stay persistent in it, Go serve them. The interrogatory's there at work, and stay on it. Then you understand what Frank said. If he doesn't answer him in fifteen days, or he doesn't complete them properly. When you bring him back to the judge, you're gonna basically say I would like a contempt order because he hasn't answered him, or he hasn't provided his tax returns or whatever the interrogatories are asking for, and then get the bench warrn out and hopefully this this this guy gets picked up at some point.
Speaker 10: And I would say, you know what Frank was saying about tools. If it's his job, it's one thing. But either he admits it his job and he's not paying taxes, or it's not his job.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're going to go down that route of grabbing his stuff. Doc Frank made that sound almost.
Speaker 7: Impossible because it was his job.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I mean in general, he said, in thirty eight years, he's never gone after property. Okay, I mean it just sounds it sounds like there's a ton of hoops to do, and a lot more court filings and a lot more.
Speaker 7: But I would just get that bench warrant.
Speaker 6: Than if he gets picked up, which he will, he's gonna get picked up for something, they're gonna see the bench warrant. And then whatever that judgment is there going to have a cash bond for you?
Speaker 12: Get it right, Mark, I have a suggestion for Kerry go ahead. Since this guy doesn't have anything and you can't really get it, you can't get his tools, and you have to go through all of this brain damage of the interrogatories and the contempt citation. What I would consider doing is this turn since you have a valid judgment, is I know a couple of very good collection agencies. You could just turn the judgment over to a collection agency.
Speaker 7: I mean, Frank, that's what he does. Whould we just talked to.
Speaker 11: Would he do for the twenty eight dollars fee?
Speaker 7: No, not for a twenty eight dollars fee.
Speaker 6: But I like what she's doing because I think the only justice she's going to get, to be quite Frank, is to see his ass in jail on a bond.
Speaker 7: I think that's going to be it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, jail versus getting paid.
Speaker 6: You know, if she would, But if he's in there on the bond and wants to get out, he's gonna have to pay.
Speaker 11: He's got to pay the twenty eight.
Speaker 6: He's got to pay the twenty eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 11: Doesn't that go to the court though, No, that goes.
Speaker 6: Right to her.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, that goes right to her.
Speaker 19: Bo.
Speaker 6: Now, there's nothing wrong with doing it on two parts. You knocked this part out, get it, get it to the point carry where he's got a warrant out for him, a bench warrant for the twenty eight hundred bucks, so that's sitting there. Then go to a collection agency as well. But I just love what she's doing as far as sticking.
Speaker 11: To them, she has been doing very good.
Speaker 6: You're our kind of You're our kind of person, Carrie. You're you're just doing the right thing. You're going after this scumbag, this convicted sex offender, this convicted thief, this convicted everything.
Speaker 7: You're going after them, and that's it, Carrie.
Speaker 6: I do appreciate all that information, and I hope a lot of people are out there are listening to the very first part of this where she got this guy from uh Facebook marketplace. And I'm not saying there's all bad companies out there, but my god, do some research.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: I was trying to get a pull up over break on our YouTube channel. I'll get it up over the big break coming up, but I really did want people's opinion on something. So if you go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter network, you can see the show behind the show. Uh three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 10: Real quick mark Yeah, I Kerry Kerry. If you're still listening, If you need help with any of the court fees, I know you're struggling, just call the show and I'll I'll give you the money for the filing fees and whatever you need.
Speaker 6: That's really nice to you, Doc, I mean very nice. So a lot of people don't realize this, but Doc does a lot of that beyond the scenes. Three O three seven one three A two five five three zero three Martino, Who's been waiting the longest. Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel, What is going on? Nichols Audio Repair? What is that?
Speaker 24: Oh, miss Martino?
Speaker 19: Actually Nichols Auto Repair.
Speaker 7: Auto repair? Okay, keep going.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 24: So their mechanics shop, it's natural shop, been around for a while. I think I don't think the original owner still owns it. I think some person who got it. His name is James, and I'm not fully sure about this.
Speaker 19: One of the guys.
Speaker 24: Working there is probably to say he purchased it the previous person.
Speaker 7: How long ago do you believe they purchased it? Do you have any idea?
Speaker 8: I have no clue.
Speaker 7: All right, So what happened?
Speaker 6: You brought your car there?
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'm a Silverado So I started a small electrical contracting company's plenty three March. So it's a it's a grinds, right, So that the vehicle that I bought to his shop was my workforse my only one sure, and so I took it in there because I had a service for a little drive message pop upon the control center and that message when I took it to the dealership, they said I needed a bunch of stuff. Cost a bunch of money.
Speaker 6: How much did the dealer ship quote you for everything? Out of curiosity?
Speaker 24: I think it was over five k okay. Oh, and Nichols was our neighborhood shop for where I was living.
Speaker 6: I get it, so you brought it over there. They they looked at it, and I assume they did some work. Is that part correct?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right, I got you. I gotta take this break. I promise you're the next button I hit coming back from this three zero three seven one three eight two five five one line open three oh three Martino.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Really state Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped News.
Speaker 23: You don't have come.
Speaker 4: In just as fast as we can show the shooter is gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martin, welcome, Welcome to the only show.
Speaker 7: If it's kind, I hope you're staying warm today.
Speaker 6: We are here in studio, but we are here to help you, whether you're war more cold, three oh three Martino, you can join. And now I got one line open, and I got a little update to say in a second. But on top of that, you know, over three hundred million dollars we've recovered in cash, merchandise exchanges, refunds directly due to this show. You know, Tommy, you've boy's been doing it forty five years, just here in Denver, longest host, long host on the airways with the same show. That's pretty remarkable. Here's the bottom line, though, If you need help, one line open three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oho three Martino, and please always feel free just to email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. We want to help you. Now, speaking of help, we had a caller last hour that's going to serve interrogatories to a bad guy.
Speaker 7: A guy's name is Andrew, and he is a bad guy.
Speaker 6: He basically did twenty six or twenty eight hundred dollars worth of damage to her car, and she got a judgment. Now she's got to serve interrogatories. And for people that don't listen to the show all the time, basically what that is. After you get a judgment, you got to get paid, so you got to know where the money is, so you serve them interrogatories. And it asked for all kinds of financial information. Do you own property? What property do you own? Different bank accounts, pretty much you name it, it listed there. So she was literally going to serve them today at what she thought was his employer and what was it called?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 6: Who was the employer?
Speaker 11: A KMG Metal Fabrication.
Speaker 6: So in long mind, yeah, we basically just called over there to see if he still worked there. And what do you find out when you when they called you back over break there both the owner was.
Speaker 12: Very nice, called me back, said he just didn't work out, wasn't doing a good job, and he fired him three months ago. Got it, and he said he would try to dig up his cell phone for us.
Speaker 6: You know, I just want to warn people out there about this guy. This guy is not a good guy. This is the kind of guy we just want out of Colorado. Honestly, I mean, go to Kansas, go to New Mexico, go to Now I got a daughter in Wyoming. Don't go to Wyoming. Go go somewhere else, bro, I mean, really, we don't need your type here, Andrew.
Speaker 7: I'm still looking at this mug shot of him.
Speaker 6: This is going back to twenty sixteen, assault, criminal mischief, driving under restraint. He had a domestic violence issue. He is a registered sex he's been in trouble for not registering. I mean, this guy's bad news. And he's got a kid. I guess I'm shocked at our system allows people to have children that you know, basically break all these laws and have to be a registered sex vender. Imagine that. Imagine being his kid. I assume, like a lot of times, you can't even have friends over. I mean, I don't know how that works. It's just a bad deal. But he advertises all the time on Facebook Messenger, is you know, basically a shade tree mechanic. And he's just not a good guy. Andrew Pfeiffer. Andrew Pfeiffer, he's probably about thirty three now, yeah, about thirty maybe thirty one. This is eight years ago. Six feet tall, one hundred and seventy five pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, and Suzanne looked up his criminal history and man, this is not a good guy.
Speaker 7: What were you saying, Susann, I know.
Speaker 11: He's just he's he's a bad dude for sure.
Speaker 9: Mark.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just if you see, just don't do business with him, I mean a minimal don't.
Speaker 12: Do business with our listeners need to go to the referral list good mechanics, not Facebook, Marketplace or next door.
Speaker 6: Yeah, referral lists. They're all background checked, and you know, basically we hold a lot of control over them. They're good people. Now, Gabriel we were talking to last hour. He brought his vehicle to Nichols Auto Repair and they gave him an estimate. He first brought it to the dealer, The dealer hit him with a pretty big dollar estimate. He decided to go local, to a local shop. He went over to Nichols Auto Repair and dropped it off and basically that's where we left off. So Gabriel take it from there. Gabriel, we might have to come back to him. I don't know what's going on there. Oh I'm here, Okay, go ahead, man, So let's take it from there.
Speaker 24: Okay, So I dropped it off with the service quote.
Speaker 6: I lost you again. Man, you're doing something. You're going back and forth from bluetooth. Ah, darn it, that's right, get them back. It's not a big deal. Three oh three seven, two, five to five. Paul, uh this is a damn interesting question. What is it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Mark, I have an idea for a new word or when somebody's been scammed or something's all screwed up.
Speaker 7: Yeah so like uh so, for example, like bamboozled.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, it would be after the mask guy fauci. Instead of being screwed up, it would be it's all foucied up, where you got founched.
Speaker 7: You've got fouched.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't see that happening. You got fouched. I could see that if they if they slammed a mask on you. But you want to know how you can actually make that happen.
Speaker 8: Paul, Well, I just thought maybe you could start you stuff. People calling on your show is pretty foust up A lot of times, you know a stuff.
Speaker 6: You know what I would do, though, and I'm being serious, Doc tell him how, or tell the audience how someone literally gets a wordy work you.
Speaker 10: Have to do is you have to send it for the Merriam Webster's you send it to the editors for the OED which is the Oxfit English Dictionary. They have an online form which you can submit, but in both cases that you submit it to the editors and they check for certain criteria such as widespread use, whether it's going to be continuous, in other words, do they think it's going to be used in the future, how frequently is it used, is it similar to other words? And you have to have citations of when it was used, how frequently it's used. So it's a very difficult process.
Speaker 25: But ultimately the editors editors are the ones that choose, and it's very difficult to have a new word unless it's been in use for quite some time to get into the dictionary.
Speaker 6: I like that now, of course, I'm sure this guy was calling in Jess, but I do like that it's all fouched uff.
Speaker 15: Well, you don't even really believe in new dictionaries, do you, Mark. I kind of learned that over playing scrabble with you recently.
Speaker 6: So what she's referring to is reacitating what year is the dictionary.
Speaker 15: In nineteen ninety six, So we use.
Speaker 6: A nineteen ninety six grabble dictionary, and I think that's the vacual. I don't like these new foubled words, like well, okay, what's the new word? My kids use the word.
Speaker 19: Riz?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Riz?
Speaker 6: You think that's actually in the new Scrabble dictionary.
Speaker 7: Riz.
Speaker 6: That's the stuff I mark.
Speaker 15: I just wanted to use the current, you know, latest app dictionary, but you had to go and I used the nineteen ninety six dictionary like nothing has changed.
Speaker 6: Learn scrabble on the nineteen ninety six dictionary to.
Speaker 10: Use this grabble dictionary. No question?
Speaker 6: Do you play?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I'm great.
Speaker 6: I love scrabble. We'll have to have a scrabble a week. I bet you're pretty good at it. Actually, you know what he starts? Okay, do you do any of you do? Words with friends? I don't used to, but not anymore. Are not words with friends? I'm sorry, that's not what I meant. Wordle, wordle hold on? Have you ever played word?
Speaker 11: Played it?
Speaker 26: So?
Speaker 6: Wordle? Basically you've got five tries or six six. You get six tries to guess a five letter word. So you start with a word, and generally you would want to start with like a peer an S or an E or an A vowels do a D I EU.
Speaker 7: That's what he starts with everything four vowels.
Speaker 6: I know why. It's just almost like cheating. I think more people start with that than anything else. So do you do connections doc I have in the past. Yes, I like connections that really gets your mind going, all right, I have like.
Speaker 10: A two hundred word uh continuous. You say I haven't got word of wrong in ages.
Speaker 7: Oh that's pretty cool. Well, you know why.
Speaker 10: Because there are certain things that you know, you know, there are certain things in English, but with.
Speaker 6: Six tries you almost should get it every time. I mean, I'm not saying the only time it gets really weird. First of all, I hate and I can't believe we're talking about Whordle, but I hate when they have the same letter twice.
Speaker 7: That kind of drives me crazy.
Speaker 10: Well, you have to know that about Wortle.
Speaker 6: Or you get down to the fourth and there's five possibilities left, let's say, and you're like, jeez, which one. Then you got to start thinking, like the editor or are they going to use that? Probably not?
Speaker 10: Well, then you put a word and it has four four letters that haven't been used.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, three oh three seven one three a two five five. We got to take a break. We got two lines open, actually three will drop Paul Craig. I'll come to you after this. This this is the wrapo key, his story. It's absolutely nuts. Three zero three Martino.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your.
Speaker 7: Home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 14: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three O three seven one three a two five five three zero three Martino, And any questions you have. I want to hear from you and to answer the guy's question who just emailed me retirement uh, Retirement Planning Center of the Rockies.
Speaker 7: That's who I was talking about.
Speaker 6: And basically, yes, the five pillars, that's the only company I talk about with the five pillars income, investments, taxes, healthcare. Basically what they do they help you retire. They go every every aspect of it. They can help you with the taxes, the Social Security so you get the optimal Benmo benefit, but you might have benefit you don't even know were there. They help you put those extra dollars in your pocket each month. They can talk about Medicare and the supplements. They can talk about insurance, long term care, estate planning, and then of course different investment strategies. That's who they are though Ourpeacecenter dot com joe Urpeacecenter dot com. Now let's go to people. You're not gonna believe this one. I like dealing Doug, I really do, and I hope this works out. He really is a good guy. I had the opportunity to sit next to him. He's one of the biggest Rocky fans out there for an entire baseball game.
Speaker 7: Not long ago.
Speaker 6: I think it was last year, might have been the year before, but whatever. We had a great conversation. I know one of his store managers or his former store manager's, Jim Janacelli, that ran when he owned it, the Colorado Springs Dodge and we just never had any issues with him. So this guy Craig, and I'm gonna have him tell the story real quick. But we've got to do it quick, though, Craig. So here's what I really here. Here's what I want you to recap as quick as you can. When did you drop your vehicle off at a rapp.
Speaker 2: A Hokia October sixteen?
Speaker 6: So think about that, folks, October sixteenth.
Speaker 7: You have an idea how far away it is, and you.
Speaker 6: Dropped it off because you thought you needed a transmission.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but they troubleshooted it. They did a diagnosis and they suggest it doesn't need a transmission.
Speaker 6: So basically, you dropped it off because it wasn't getting out of if I recall originally it wasn't going out of fourth gear no matter what. Correct, So they order a transmission, They put it in, and all of a sudden, the vehicle will not go out a second gear. Now, as crazy as that sounds, so the transmission they put in is basically doing the same thing, but in a different gear than the one you had in there. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was stuck in first gear, so worse.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, at least in fourth gear, you could probably move around a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I drove it all the way from the north side of Denver.
Speaker 6: You know, Yeah, I got you. But it's basically doing the same thing. It's stuck in the gear and it won't exit. Then they say, hey, by the way, it wasn't the transmission.
Speaker 7: You need a computer? Was that correct? Or was it the wiring harness?
Speaker 2: Well, they said it could be the the PM or the PC.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but what did they sell you next?
Speaker 2: They started throwing parts and I said, I can't afford that. I don't have the money for that.
Speaker 7: I so wait a minute, are you telling me?
Speaker 6: And I think you've told me this before, but this just hit me a little different. So they said it could be the ECM, the PCM, or something else. And but but they had no way of diagnosing which one.
Speaker 2: Well, they had their lead mechanic quit.
Speaker 6: So, hey, do me a favor. Get Jet thick on, Kelly. I really want to get Jeff thick On. But Craig, let me continue this while we're getting Jeff up. So what happens is they sell you what What was the next thing they put on your invoice?
Speaker 7: You have a transmission that didn't fix it? Now you have what.
Speaker 2: They put in a used PCM that didn't work, They put in a new PCM that didn't work, They did a flight cast, blah blah blah, just a bunch of stuff. I'd say, most time my car's been there, it's not been in the shop, it's been sitting in the parking lot because no one knows what.
Speaker 6: Okay, So they put a computer in that didn't fix it. So what did they do next? They did a transmission, They did a computer. It still isn't working. So what happened next?
Speaker 2: So in the meantime, the belt went up another sixty five hundred, including the fifteen hundred that I already paid for the transmission.
Speaker 6: That was kind of money down, so they would order the transmission.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to pay fifteen hundred for the part or they wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got you. So I understand that I find crazy to begin with anyhow. But so now we've got sixty five hundred bucks and literally you're in the same spot is when you dropped it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let me let me jump to the punch here.
Speaker 6: No, I don't want you to jump. I just don't want you to jump to the punch because there's people that haven't heard how crazy this story is.
Speaker 7: So what was the next thing that happened.
Speaker 6: I thought there was a wiring harness or something involved, but I could have that mixed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, they checked at the wiring all that, and they did a fight test and they said, well, we're having our the thirteenth of December. They said, we're having our engineer come in and then the next day from Kia. Yeah yeah, they're top top dog engineer yep, main office or whatever, and but he won't be able to come till January second, like three weeks later.
Speaker 6: Okay, so fine, January second has come and gone. Did he ever get out there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No. Then they sent me a message and said, the engineers told us that the rebuilt transmission we put in must be bad, so we're going to put another one.
Speaker 7: And when did they tell you that? Round the second.
Speaker 2: They yeah they yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: So so now we're here on the ninth. Did they get another transmission and put it in?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 7: And what happened where we at today?
Speaker 2: They sent me a message today. Let me pull it up on my phone here.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I can't wait to hear what they had to say.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'm I'm dumbfounded. But they said, hey, Craig, they said, the transmission is being installed today. That was Tuesday. We'll keep you posted ring around the Rosie for almost seven days. It'll be three months. They sent me a message two days later, which was or no. They sent me yeah, two days later today and they said, hey, Craig, vehicle is fixed. Finally, the remaining total is three thousand and six dollars.
Speaker 7: And how much have you paid him so far?
Speaker 6: Originally originally how much was it going to be for the transmission. So what is the justification of the more money?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's why instead, I wanted to talk to you first before I called up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what, and they've had the vehicle three months. I'm going to make a call to the service manager. In fact, I'm going to have Suzanne. I'm going to give you the information. I really want to talk to the service manager. I haven't dealt with him yet. Andy knows him very well. Brella says he's a good, honest guy, and we're going to get through to him that this is absurd. It turned out to be they they sold you a bum transmission. Then they chased it for three months. Now they want more money because what a parent. It seems like they were inapt.
Speaker 2: Now they're saying, we may have to put in another new PCM. So that's why I think they knocked it up in their fifteen hundreds.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't care about that, because I think your original PCM was fine because when they changed out the PCM. Okay, listen, I got Jeff thick up. I got to take this break hold on man. I want you to stay there, Jeff. I'm going to come back to you and ask you. And basically, here's what I'm going to ask Jeff. I mean, they're saying the service advisor basically told them, we don't know if it's the ECM, the PCM and something else some other m and they threw apart at it. And my understanding back in my day when I had the Goodyear stores, if I bought a PCM from a dealership and it was programmed to the event, I own it. I mean pretty much, I own it. I don't know how the dealerships work. That could be different. I'm just curious what I'm curious of this. You put a transmission in, it doesn't work. You put a PCM in it still does the same thing. So now why would this guy have to pay for a PCM period. It doesn't make sense because ultimately they're telling them it was a bad transmission. I just don't get it. I want to talk to Jeff Thick after this, and would a transmission itself make itself stuck in a gear like fourth gear or first gear? Remember his original problem stuck in gear? They put in the rebuild transmission problems stuck in gear. It's crazy.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two bad.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at h these fires. Listen. I do want to get our insurance expert on Not right now, Kelly, because we've got other stuff we're cooking, but I want to get them on next hour for sure, So maybe line Brian up for a first break. But I'm reading stuff like they're trying to pass along California or they're thinking about it now, they're going to force insurance carriers to do something. I mean, I wonder two things. One is it possible this is going to be another bailout? And then the curious part is this would be under Trump? Is Trump going to bail out California? I mean, I just don't know the answer to that. I don't know what a bailout looks like when we have so many people either no insurance or the insurance companies simply don't have enough money. So I want to find out if most of these big companies are reinsured by Lloyd's of London, how that works, and is there a cap generally.
Speaker 7: On those policies.
Speaker 6: But I think we're looking at the largest the largest claims ever in history, in the history of not just his country, in the history Mark You don't think.
Speaker 15: Biden will bail them out or bail the insurance companies out before, well.
Speaker 7: Nothing, there's no time for this.
Speaker 6: Absolutely that the way California has killed its resources and the water issues going in and I think that one mayor which he killed seventeen million dollars off the budget.
Speaker 7: How many months ago was that, doc?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure, but I know it was seventeen million.
Speaker 6: Seventeen million off the fire department budget within the last what.
Speaker 16: Kealteen and a half when it was just let me verify, I believe.
Speaker 17: It was a few months ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, now I want to go to Jeff vic. Jeff, this is just crazy as hell. He drops his vehicle off, and I know you have. I went down with him to the dealership months ago. I figured this would be so done and over, but now here's what ultimately happened. He's finally ready to pick his vehicle up. They want forty two hundred bucks or whatever it is. Originally it was only going to be thirty two. But here's the deal. He brings in his vehicle and basically they say it's transmission, and they put a transmission in.
Speaker 7: It does not fix it.
Speaker 6: But here's here's the difference between his transmission and the one they put in. His was stuck in fourth gear. The one they put in was stuck in first gear. So then they decide it's a computer problem. So they sell them a PCM, but ultimately it doesn't look like they did, but I don't know if they did or not because of the pricing. So the PCM doesn't fix it. So then they try everything else. It's been there three months, and then finally, finally they say, oh, it must be the transmission we put in was bad. So they go back in and basically put in another transmission. Now they say it's ready to go. Here's what I'm afraid of, and tell me tell I want your thoughts, but I want you here's my fear. One. If they're charging them for the computer, I think that's absolute BS and I'm going to try to fight with them there. But I don't know how you. I don't know how you would prove it's the old computer, the new computer whatever. But more importantly, I'm starting to wonder if it was the PCM only and they put in the transmission and that was really never the problem, or it was a different problem that they're not even mentioning. I'm starting to wonder if he needed a PCM a transmission, I don't know what the hell he needed. How would we possibly Is it possible for you to look at it and see what they actually did to fix it. I know that sounds insane, but give me your thoughts on all this.
Speaker 26: If all those new parts are still hanging on the card, then there's no way I can backtrack that. And I can say that, yes, they put in a PCM. I can say yes they put in a transmission. I can say that yes they changed the vehicle speed septort, but without the old parts to compare and to pass, there's no way for me.
Speaker 19: To validate that.
Speaker 6: And why do you think it would take a reputable dealer. I mean, we get very little complaints over deal in dug Store, but a rap Okia, why do you think it would take three months to figure this out? They just the technician was inept, right, I mean, really, what else could it be?
Speaker 26: It could be partially and it could also partially be because I mean, those parts are not easy to get your hands on.
Speaker 6: Right now, we just no, but they think about it. They got the parts quick. Once he said okay, I guess I'll get the PCMs.
Speaker 26: On him, then I've been a whole heartedly. No, it's not taking three months. You know, if he had a transmission put in there, and then once they put it in, they had a new problem. Well, logic stands the reason you go back to the last point of repair and you know with either that transmission or something wrong with the installation.
Speaker 6: Well, and then let me ask you this, just a little detective work here. If you're stuck in fourth gear on your original one, it just like boom happened. It wouldn't shift, just just like that. And then they put that in and they're stuck in first gear. To me, that's the same problem, different gear. But could a computer cause that? And if it could cause it, I mean why. But then the other question is could a bad transmission cause that?
Speaker 26: Well, bad transmission definitely could. If there's a problem inside the transmission, you have the computer senses, it'll go into limmode and I'd have to check up. Put be fourth gear? I think it's third gear on the key Is that at defaults? Basically it shuts off.
Speaker 6: All that You can move it.
Speaker 26: Yeah, so you can move it. You'll got diverse and you'll get a single forward gear. You can get it into a all a repair shop and get it take a look at and get it taken care of. It may or may not be a big problem. It could be a censory, so.
Speaker 6: It literally could have been the computer or the transmission itself.
Speaker 26: Well, if everything transplanted the way you said it did, and the final repair was that second transmitter, I gotta say.
Speaker 8: It was the transmit.
Speaker 26: You know, at very least the second transmission was no good.
Speaker 2: Well, so then it's just a problem.
Speaker 6: It's basically ironic, if you will, that both times it was stuck into gear. So you're saying, why would a brand new or rebuilt transmission be stuck in first gear.
Speaker 26: If you have something that's not getting good connections, so it's not being given a command to shift. The computer doesn't have enough information in order to schedule that.
Speaker 6: See, that's what scares me about this at this point, because they've had it so long and they've thrown so many parts at it, and you're telling me, yeah, there's no way we're going to figure out what literally fixed it because they're all new parts.
Speaker 26: Well, but what do they claim and fixed it?
Speaker 6: Well, Craig, what they're claiming fixed it was the last transmission.
Speaker 7: I just absolutely, Jeff, call right back, please. I hit I went over to him and I hit that.
Speaker 6: But they're basically, Jeff, I'm sure he's listening on the radio the last transmission, right, Craig, they're saying it's ready to go right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they replaced transmission.
Speaker 6: And you have you looked at the invoice yet? Can you send me a copy of what they want to pay. That's what I want. Send me an invoice right now. Call them up, say you want a copy of the invoice. Okay, I want to see what they're charging you for. Hold on, Craig, I'm serious. I don't want to I don't want to go any further.
Speaker 7: With you right now. To you get me that invoice?
Speaker 6: Is that Jeff? Let me talk to him. Hey, Jeff, I got to go to break. But it was the transmission, so they said the transmission they put in was no good.
Speaker 26: Well then, quite frankly, then all he should be charged for is the transmission of the installation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to look at I told him to get the invoice. I want to see what they're charging him for. The problem is, originally they were going to charge them thirty two hundred bucks for the rebuild transmission. Does that sound like a normal price or what to you on a transmission that total parts in labor?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 7: For that one on a little Kia.
Speaker 6: All right, what'd you.
Speaker 12: Say, Jeff? I just have a quick question. Is it possible it could be just the faulties shifting selenoid? I think the transmits the first transmission is probably okay.
Speaker 26: Well that's well, we'll never know because you can't test a way.
Speaker 6: That's my fear, though, Bo is like, we we have no idea what was really wrong with it, and I don't have faith in that mechanic at all.
Speaker 12: I think it could just be the selenoid just keeping it in fourth gear. But you're right, it's too I mean.
Speaker 6: It's too late that his original transmission, I guarantee has already been sent somewhere to get rebuilt. Wuldn't you say this?
Speaker 23: No matter?
Speaker 6: That was two transmissions ago. Tray plus that's two transmissions ago. Okay, yeah, I mean it's crazy. I want to see that invoice. Greg. Hey, Jeff, Jeff Vick Kimber transmission. Listen, you need a transmission. Not only does he have like the best pricing around, but Jeff, Jeff will give you different options.
Speaker 7: He'll tell her to part, they'll tell you what it needs.
Speaker 6: He does a lot of work for different municipalities and all he does is transmissions. I mean, if it's in there and you need breaks or something, he'll tell you he can do stuff like that, but really it's a transmission shot. They rebuild them right there. They're extremely good at what they do, and their pricing is great. Warranties, great transmissions Denver dot com three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. Any transmission questions three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. Rob's got a question on Tabor after this, and that's about it.
Speaker 14: Hold tight, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five three zero.
Speaker 7: Three Martino, we've got another hour coming up.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get Brian Burns up for somebody from Compass insurance. I've got a lot of questions about these fires and how the insurance is going to work out. I mean, I don't even know if the money's going to be there to cover what happens if everybody pulls out of the state. I just got so many questions, and I I was asking people, and I'm being serious. We were talking back. You know, Reagan was a governor there, Schwarzenegger was a governor. Now they were Republican. But really I don't find them. I don't find them like what people would say far right by any means, when did California Maybe people that have lived there, Kelly, you lived there, But I will talk about this next hour with Brian. But I'm curious why, First of all, why did it go so far left? When all of a sudden you had crime out there that they didn't do anything with. You could steal up to a thousand bucks or something.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it went really downhill, very quick, but it was a slow down.
Speaker 7: Hell God, but all.
Speaker 6: Of a sudden you wake up, like in the past couple of years and over COVID, you can't believe what's going on out there.
Speaker 16: Well, and it started really before that with all of the Democratic rush.
Speaker 7: When did you move from there?
Speaker 15: Two?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's I'm gonna quiz you on that. But hey, Rob, what is going on? What's your question on Tabor?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Mark, is there going to be a favor refund this year?
Speaker 7: I would assume, so I don't remember them getting rid of it.
Speaker 13: I heard some rumors earlier that are good.
Speaker 24: Asked governor diverted some of that money away and then we possibly wouldn't be able to get it.
Speaker 6: And I don't know. I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 24: And I have one more question.
Speaker 7: Well, we can ask one of our accountants. They're going to know. But I can't imagine we're not going to get a table refund this.
Speaker 19: We're going to try and shuffle it around for the property taxes.
Speaker 6: But I don't think that happened. It didn't pass right, Yeah, I mean, I'm pretty sure we're going to get a table refund, but go ahead. What was the other thing?
Speaker 1: The other thing is that lovely Lauren Bobert.
Speaker 24: This is her third term, so that bitch, just excuse me, actually going to get a pension for.
Speaker 19: The rest of her life after she's out office.
Speaker 6: I would assume so just like all of them, just like everybody in Congress, it voted for Obamacare. They're not even on Obamacare, but they have health for the rest of their lives. So yeah, Rob, she is.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 14: Contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: News need you don't have.
Speaker 7: As fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 7: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martino, all right, welcome to the show, the only show of It's kaid. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 7: We do have open lines.
Speaker 6: For the first time anything you've been ripped off taking advantage of We want to hear from you. We were talking about all kinds of stuff during the break. You should always, and I mean really truly join us on YouTube. It is a show within this show, I think kind of like Seinfeld. It's kind of a I don't even know how to put it. We just talk about certain things that we simply can't talk about over our wonderful airways.
Speaker 7: We just can't. Deputy Doc, do you have any updates?
Speaker 6: By the way? Three oh three Martino three oh three seven one three two five five no updates their Deputy Bow, what do you got cooking anything in the hopper?
Speaker 12: I've got four cases, but no positive developments to bring to air yet.
Speaker 6: No positive developments. What are you sitting on your tush?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I want them to turn into positives instead of negative, So I got to keep working.
Speaker 6: At We're gonna have Brian Burns with Compass Insurance on is a guest here in a little bit. I am just I'm looking at the devastation of these fires, and anybody that's looked at the news, I have a feeling this is really really bad. And what I mean by that is the largest damage ever period. It's absolutely crazy. Now the flames are coming up towards like some kind of communication thing or something. But the reason I want to have Brian Burns on is I'm trying to figure out, well, there's going to be a bunch of people that had no insurance whatsoever. There's no doubt about it. What I heard one of the people talking about that had no insurance on the news is the fact of the matter is their house was bought from their parents or their grandparents for like one hundred thousand bucks. Now it's worth you know, three million dollars. They simply couldn't afford insurance for it. And because it's paid off, there's no mortgage company you have to appease. So, I mean, there's a lot of people that have very there's nothing left but ashes and they have no insurance.
Speaker 10: Really sad we but think about the people who who built houses, let's say ten and twenty years ago and thirty years ago, didn't have the restrictions on building that they have now. So if they rebuild, they have to rebuild all the new crazy California restrictions.
Speaker 6: That's true, but a lot of a lot of insurance if you have insurance basically has you know, code upgrades, but some doesn't.
Speaker 16: Well remember also California also put a cap on insurance.
Speaker 17: Not Newsome signed that into law.
Speaker 16: What is a cap They basically California place a cap on insurance.
Speaker 17: I'm going to mention that about underinsured Mark.
Speaker 7: That's sad too. These people that.
Speaker 15: Think they're fully covered and they're going to find out they're under insured.
Speaker 7: A lot like those Boulder folks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ninety five percent of the bolder people Brian Burns Compass Insurance. Brian, I just want to this isn't our typical call to you, but you know, after some of the stuff our president has said, and Trump has said and other things, actually he is the president as far as I'm concerned right now, because I don't hear anything from Biden, you know, just real quick, and I know there's people cussing me right now, a politics blah blah blah. I literally watched him fly out there and they were talking about the devastation and the fires. You know what Biden said. You can go look it up yourself. It's right on YouTube. I'm sure CNN, Fox, Everybody's played it. You know what he said. He said, Now for the good news, I had a grandson yesterday, great grandson. Think about that. I mean, what talk about timing. That's like in a wedding, you know, yelling out, you know, you know when they say, hey, does anybody in this room?
Speaker 7: Blah blah blah. You know you say I slept with her or something.
Speaker 6: I mean, you couldn't. You couldn't come up with the worst timing from this guy. I think he thought he was somewhere else. But hey, Brian Burns, I didn't mean to drag you into that. On the insurance game, I want to understand some Let's take a company like all State, Safeco, you know, Mutual, anybody, I don't care who it is. Do they are they required by law to have reinsurance or no? In other words, I know, like during nine to eleven, isn't it true that some of the insured buildings, the insurance companies simply couldn't come up with the money, right right yep? So the government bail out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, literally, the government ended up bailing them out.
Speaker 6: So since then and we had that issue, how does it work now? What do regulators say to an insurance company? Do you know?
Speaker 19: Okay? So when you are admitted carrier, and you'll hear those terms thrown around frequently whenever we're talking insurance, there's admitted and then there's excess. Admitted carriers means they're governed by the state. There's the insurance commissioner oversees it and and so there's specific requirements if you're going to insure in the state and you're admitted, So they have requirements for reinsurance, but even carriers that are access also have them. They just might be different amounts of reinsurance that is required.
Speaker 14: But the.
Speaker 6: Access ones aren't required to have it, but most of them do.
Speaker 19: They are required, but they're not required for the same regulations of the state because they're not admitted by the state. They're not they're not covered in other words, as a blanket over the state. The state does not guarantee anything out of these out of these insurance companies.
Speaker 6: Give me an idea, Give me an idea of a company that would be one or the other, like what is all state.
Speaker 19: All states admitted, So you're talking Lloyd's of London would be an excess.
Speaker 7: Carriage I basically a reinsure Well, they.
Speaker 19: Do have a reinsurance portion to them, but they also have where they just flat out insure. And there's other carriers that do the same thing where they're they're non admitted, but they are they still have reinsurance. I don't know a company doesn't have reinsurance to it.
Speaker 10: So none of these companies are going to go bankrupt in California.
Speaker 6: Brian get Truck may know that.
Speaker 19: Well, you know, the one that's the most likely to have problems is the Fair Plan, the one that's actually you know, the insurance of last resort there in California, because I think it's something like sixty percent of the companies had non renewed or you know, removed themselves from some of these areas where the fires affected, and so those people had to go to the Fair Plan, which is you know, Colorado is getting a version of this too, by the way, Alcornia's version where it's the insurance of last resort. So what happens is at least in Colorado, I can speak to that because it's coming out here. First part of this year is when it will actually be available. But I cannot get insurance from anybody. You have to have you know, declines from all the standard markets, and then you even have to have to have a decline from the access market. You can then go to this Fair Plan and you can get insurance from there. And what it is is where they get the money is every admitted carrier in the state is assessed based on the amount of premium they write. So if State Farm is forty percent of the insurance in Colorado, they're having to contribute forty percent of the insurance to this to this fair plan.
Speaker 7: But they also get paid for it when someone uses it.
Speaker 6: Well, so.
Speaker 19: The amount that they're going to pay into it is not going to be enough to actually cover what's going on there. So it's it's basically the way they're getting the money is the admitted carriers are being assessed based on it, and then it's obviously the premium that is generated from this program, and it's not going to be cheap. But same thing in California where there's coverages only go up to a certain amount. I know in Colorado the most it will go up to is seven hundred and fifty thousand, So, oh my god, go to cost two million to replace the most they can get if you're in Colorado. I can't speak to California. The most they can get is seven hundred and fifty thousand, but I know that it's similar there. There's a cap how much the fare plan will offer so.
Speaker 6: And a lot of these people that had to go to there, And I would assume one of the big one is going to be fire risk, like where I live. You know, there's certain carriers that won't touch it because of the woods I live in.
Speaker 19: So it's going to mostly be that's kind of the idea behind it. But it also could be someone that has had multiple claims that they just can't get insurance elsewhere. Well, how much more risk?
Speaker 7: How much more would that kind of plan be.
Speaker 6: I mean if it only caps at seven one hundred and fifty thousand, I mean that's not much higher than the median house in Colorado.
Speaker 7: Now, I mean it is higher, but not much.
Speaker 19: And I don't know because it hasn't come out, I don't know what their premiums would be. They do make it seem like the premiums are going to be higher than what you could find. You know, if if an insurance company was at one point writing it, it's going to be higher than that, but worse than that, it's going to be what's called a DP one, which means everything is actual cash value, no other option. You cannot get replacement costs on anything, and it's going to be perils. There's no liability included, so you're gonna have to go elsewhere to get liability.
Speaker 6: So if your couch burns up and all your furniture burns up and it's five years old, they're going to hand you a twenty dollars bill.
Speaker 7: Basically, you got it.
Speaker 19: No, they're not going to get anything. But it extends further than just personal property. I'm talking your actual structure. No, I get it, actual cash value. So yeah, it's it's not good coverage. And I guarantee you that's what a lot of these people you unfortunately have. But they're they even they have reinsurance. But the article I was reading here today is California's reinsurance was not nearly enough for the exposure. That's that's you know, in front of them here.
Speaker 7: Well, of course Trump made a comment.
Speaker 6: Now remember there's a lot of politics in these comments going back and forth. You know, he blamed everybody out there, but he made a comment that the insurance companies aren't gonna have enough money to pay this or he said possibly, I mean, do you think that's that's very possible?
Speaker 19: Well, I mean, what are they estimating now fifty billion dollars.
Speaker 6: It was like sixty seventy Okay, yeah, so but that was yesterday.
Speaker 10: Hey, I just looked up the fair plan. It's three million for residential, twenty million for commercial.
Speaker 6: In California they.
Speaker 19: Have way more. Yeah, so they have three men. Colorado's the seven to fifty.
Speaker 10: I know that, right, Well there's is three million and twenty million.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, kat, it's crazy. And then the other thing, it's going to be like Boulder, right, no matter what these areas when they start to rebuild, because everything's gone, lumber's going to be crazy.
Speaker 7: Everything's going to be crazy.
Speaker 19: Yeah, the cost to rebuild is going to skyrocket. And like you said, exactly what happened in Boulder, where you could not get a contractor to build a house there for under three hundred and twenty dollars a square foot. And so we started calling all our customers with rem holls that didn't have extended replacement costs or very little and just you know, we're telling them, hey, we need to increase this dwelling limit. And it is a shocking number when you start looking at that, but you know, you realize that when there's a lots like this, the cost is just way way higher.
Speaker 6: Well, and then what do you think ultimately is going to happen to all the people? There's a ton of people that don't have insurance because either they can't afford it and their mortgage company doesn't force them to do it for whatever reason. One of the big ones I heard I heard a lady on TV going, my great grandparents bought this house for whatever, fifty thousand dollars or my grandparents for one hundred, and now it's worth three million. We simply can't afford insurance on it. So she had no insurance, sure, And so what happens there? I mean, do you see a government government assistance or loans coming in?
Speaker 7: And even if those loans.
Speaker 6: Do come in, I mean, what what exactly does that mean, even if you don't have to qualify for it? I mean, how much are they going to give somebody to rebuild in Malibu?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 19: Well, and you know it's on a much smaller scale. Is the only I have, you know, my you know, I'm drawing any kind of conclusions from his boulder. And they they did put some requirements on the insurance companies of you know, allowing longer time for loss of use. So while they were trying to rebuild or trying to get people to rebuild, even if a policy only had twelve months of loss of use, they were requiring twenty four months. So I do know the government will will put requirements on these insurance companies. But if they don't have insurance at all, yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 6: Now, wait a second, so I never understood what you just said your last paragraphs there. So if if something like these fires and my insurance policy says it's twelve months to rebuild, we know there's no way two three four thousand residents are going to be rebuilt in a year. You're saying the government can force them, the state of California or the FEDS can force them to pay for another year, another two years.
Speaker 19: Colorado sure did. Colorado did, even though it wasn't in the policy that they even have had a policy of twelve months for loss of use, it would require twenty four months.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But when they do something like that, I mean, can the insurance companies fight that. I didn't realize the state had the power. I mean, why don't they have the power to say okay, instead of paying the insured value of five hundred thousand, the rebuild price is nine hundred thousand. Why not force them to do that too, right.
Speaker 19: Yeah, at what point are their hands tied? I don't know, but I can tell you that they did do that. And even the article I was reading earlier about the fair Plan and you know about it, the possible exhaustion of coverage there, one of the last things was and that the California very well might uh you know, force insurance companies to put to put in more money into this. So they obviously have the ability or maybe it's hey, if you want to insure in our state, you have to do this. I don't know that part. I'm just skepping, you know. I have no idea what exactly the power is they have, but they do have power to get insurance companies to do things.
Speaker 6: Man, that's crazy. But then what happens then they pull out right.
Speaker 19: Or you see them, it's they're already talking about what it's going to do to their rates there. So California or and even Colorado, you have to whenever you're trying to raise rates in the state of an insurance company is trying to raise rates, they have to get approval if they are admitted.
Speaker 6: Hold on, Brian, I'm getting yelled ATPI dragon. Let me take a break. I'm hoping he can hold there. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. I'm fascinated by this.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pass until you're contenth.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 21: Two three oh three seven one three eight two five to five.
Speaker 7: Couple lines open. I'm fascinated.
Speaker 6: I want to continue, though, real quick, with Brian Burn's Compass Insurance. We've been talking about insurance in these fires and reinsurance. So Brian in Colorado, let's forget about California for a second. In Colorado because of all the hail disasters and was last year was twenty twenty four A big one.
Speaker 19: Yes, or was a terrible year for all losses.
Speaker 6: How much did the insurance companies lose in Colorado? Do you know that number or.
Speaker 19: RUL look up? Well, I just know the care that I work with. I'm seeing you know, you know running to twenty, which means for every dollar collected, you paid out two dollars and twenty cents.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: So they're literally losing more than twice.
Speaker 19: Yes, there are some of the carriers that did. And that's why you saw such a such an incredible, terrible but incredible response cheers from insurance companies. Where we literally had companies that just said no new business. They wouldn't write anything new. And so you know, people are coming and looking for quotes and because their rates are going up, and you look around the market and it's hard. It was hard to find insurance companies that were offering terms.
Speaker 6: And that's the reason Colorado is putting this this new you know, desperate plan together for people that can't get coverage.
Speaker 10: Hey, Brian, what percentage of people who got that houses burned down a bould to rebuild?
Speaker 19: Well, so we lost the customers that we write for. We had about twelve people lose homes in the Boulder fire. Thankfully, eight or nine of them, and I'm sorry, I don't remember how many exactly, but it was eight or nine of them were home insurance policies that either had uncapped replacement cost or fifty percent or more of extended coverage, and so they all rebuilt. We had, you know, a handful of rental homes where the most you could get is twenty five percent extended replacement cost, and I know that a couple of those never rebuilt because it was just not enough coverage.
Speaker 7: So in Colorado they had all these losses.
Speaker 6: I mean, if I'm running any business, if I'm running like my Goodyear stores, I couldn't survive period if for every dollar or every sale I had, I was paying out two dollars and twenty cents. I mean, it would be insane to run that business. So I assume some of these carriers are pulling out. I mean, what are the options a carrier has. They have to go to the state you were saying, and basically they've got to ask for a rate increase.
Speaker 19: Yes, or coverage changes. So that's why you saw. The immediate response was, hey, we are just not writing business because you have to get approval, you have to go through the process which takes time to be able to get things changed on the policy going forward. And so their response was just no new business, We're not writing anything new. And then they started working on trying to get changes made to the policies.
Speaker 6: So people there so like, who in Colorado's not Who in Colorado is not writing that that you don't deal with anymore for new business.
Speaker 19: Well, everybody is coming back into the market now, but there was a period of time where nationwide didn't write any new business. Travelers limited greatly the amount of business. So did Safego limited all of them limited, you know the ones the only one that I can think of. It continued on with a company called Auto Owners. They just continued to write business. And you know, their policy was already set to where they had a hire Windhill deductible, so they felt they were in a good place to be able to continue to write business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really crazy. If you take a coverage in this state, and a lot of people know what I'm talking about, but you go back, you know, ten fifteen years if you had a hell claim, I mean, you'd pay your thousand bucks and you'd get a brand new roof. Now, most policies like my own policy right now, I mean I spent a lot of money on a good roof, helproof roof with you know, one of our referral list members, Excel. But you know, my my deductible now is like what is it? Two percent? I mean you should know, but it's like two percent of my It's huge.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's And I went the routes of having a really high deductible as well, just because and that's what people are seeing when they're seeing the renewals. Now, yeah, the rate should stabilize a bit. I really believe that because the biggest problem in Colorado is not the fires. Now that's you know that is an issue. Now it's hale, but it's hal by a landslide. It's hale. By the way, you have a one percent deductible just look.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's crazy because it happens all the time. Now it's not like total loss like fires, which are much bigger claims. But man, I mean these hailstorms will hit and you know, hit half of Aurora, half a Denver, all of Douglas County. I mean, it's just crazy. I remember when Colorado Springs had one of the biggest hailstorms in the freaking country.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and they're just it's so much money. It goes out to fix all this hail and you're you're thinking of just the just the homes, but there's not a car is getting hit too. Oh this is but I'm saying all the hail, damn much to cars? Is you know, it's spikes as well through the summer.
Speaker 6: So so in California, let me circle back to this. So in California with the fires, my assumption would be a lot of these people I look at it two ways. One because everything's burnt down in these areas and other insurance companies had to handle it, or even if you were one that is paying out to big dollars. I mean, the risk of a fire here again is next to nothing because everything's burned. So what do you think is going to happen? Do you think you're going to pull out? Do you think like State Farm, all State? What? What?
Speaker 7: What's your crystal ball?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 19: State Farm did pull out. They were out of California. If you remember it was last year or maybe even a year and a half ago something like that, where they were wanting out all together, out of California because they were they have a you know, a specific company writing company there in California that was near bankruptcy because I lost so much money, so they started pulling out of the state. So I was just reading here it says that sixth that fair plan I was mentioning. Yeah, from other insurance companies pulling out. It was up sixty one percent as of September last year, that four hundred and fifty eight billion from just a year earlier.
Speaker 7: So it's amazing.
Speaker 10: Can I ask another question, Brian, all these people that abandoned their cars and the cars got bulldoze back in question, if they have comprehensive would that be covered or because they abandoned it, would that negate the policy.
Speaker 7: Or would anything along those lines negated?
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, there's nothing that would as far as from running, you know, trying to save their lives, Yeah, of course that would not That would not cause their policies not there.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny though, Doc, think of how many of those people had no that they didn't have comprehensive just liability.
Speaker 10: I think most of the people in that area in Malibu. Yeah, great, comprehensive.
Speaker 6: Did you see those videos? Know, the bulldozer going down the streets so the fire trucks could get through.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean it looked like it would be a collision claim. By the way, it wouldn't be a comprehensive that would be collision. Yeah, the fire would be comprehensive, but something bulldozing through it would be a collision.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. Hey, Brian, I really appreciate you coming on and for everybody out there, you know, there's a reason we do advertising.
Speaker 7: Oh, he knows his stuff.
Speaker 6: Not only that. If you use Compass insurance, they're going to shop every year find the right cover. It's more importantly make sure you have the proper coverage so your dwelling's covered. Maybe you need garage keepers for a shop, maybe even workman's comp If you're sick at paying Pinnacle, these guys can look around. If there's a better option, they're going to tell you a commercial residential. They're great people and unlike most agents, honestly, they're going to help you with the claim. If you do have a claim and you're fighting with them, they're going to get involved and make some calls. Three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand three zero three nine nine six nine thousand. Don I promise I'll come to you right after this. You have two lines open three zero three Martino, three oh three Martino.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: By the way, I want to tell you something that Tom did. It's kind of remarkable. He created uh basically, well, he created Wave eight.
Speaker 7: And what Wave eight douse more than anything.
Speaker 6: Is help you grow wealth. You know a lot of these people out there, are these so called financial advisors. Quite honestly, they're not financial advisors. And I'm not kidding. You can even ask yours. What they generally do is just place or buy the products through somewhere else, somebody else and take a commission. I mean, that's exactly what they do, and basically that's your money. You could have went direct to the source and do it. So Tom got sick and tired of that. He's a very wealthy man, and he got sick and tired of dealing with people that are basically passed throughs.
Speaker 7: So he created his own financial advisor firm, and he's basically changing the way people deal with financial advisors. I mean, now you're going direct. And he's assembled a team, He's gone through, of course, all the classes and jump through all the hoops. He's been building Wave eight for years and years now and he's one hundred percent committed to helping others grow their personal wealth, their retirement and everything. You just can't go.
Speaker 6: You give them, You give them a call, you talk to them. The phone number is easy, but it's Wave eighth, Wave eight Wealth Management. The website, go check out right now invest with Martino dot com and it's great, man, their returns have been great. You can learn a lot from the website. Or if you want to sit down and really talk to someone that cares about you growing your wealth, I want you to do it three oh three seven seven to one. Help.
Speaker 7: It's pretty easy. Number three O three.
Speaker 6: Seven seven to one help. Now someone's got to comment on these fires. Here man, am I running behind today? Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget tomorrow's car day. And also, don't forget help at troubleshooter dot com. You got any issues, you email us Sarah. We're gonna reach out and try to help you. Help at troubleshooter dot com or don't forget referrals dot com a list of some of the best. You want to check out some of the biggest scumbags around, go to Sleeze Brigade dot com. Now, don what's going on with you? What's your comment?
Speaker 22: Well, I wanted to talk about the h the rebuilding of LA and I grew up in San Diego. I built a house before I left, and that was back in ninety two and it took about a year to get by everything through the building department. I can't even imagine what it's gonna take these people, the thousands of homes. I mean, we're talking what happened in the Marshall Partners. We're talking like ten twenty four.
Speaker 6: Oh I know in this and and not only that, man, the value, the value is so much higher too.
Speaker 22: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is.
Speaker 22: I mean, this is like, this is like Boulder. All of California is like Bulders. So with these what they're gonna do to these people, They're gonna make them all do one hundred percent renewable energy houses, gonna put all these restrictions on all these houses to make it, you know, the.
Speaker 6: Climate, make a green baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 22: And I'll tell you what, this might be the best thing that could have happened to California because when these people go through all this, they're going to realize how bad this green new giald really is.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 6: Now, you know what's funny about that?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: Is Kelly right there? Kelly? Yes, he's saying what I was alluding to. The reason I'm talking to Kelly don is because you know, basically, she grew up there. That's her that's her home, that's her home state, man, And she says, no matter what, those people aren't going to change, they're still going to vote for the Liberals. I mean, that was what you were saying, right, Kelly, Even if they're house burned down and they're all screwed. You think they're gonna stay and they're still gonna be the same way.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 16: I mean, I would love to say I have faith, but just in seeing what I've seen over the last thirty years, it doesn't look good because of the northern part of the state and the southern part of the state basically drive the politics.
Speaker 6: So don you but you really think these people that were affected, and let's face it, everybody in la is going to be affected because the price of insurance, if you could even afford it, now you might not be able to afford anymore. But you really think these people are going to learn their lesson and get out of there.
Speaker 22: I think it's gonna take. I think it's gonna take some time, right.
Speaker 7: You know what though the state hold on one second, I do.
Speaker 6: You made me think of something I said forever, even in sixteen then of course, uh in twenty four I said, Trump's going to win this thing. This pendulum, this pendulum of a country has swung so far left it has to come back. I mean, we are a living, breathing nation that moves on every breath. And I do agree with you, now, don that I think about this. I think California will eventually get back to the middle, if not swing right.
Speaker 22: Well it did, it did swing a little right this relection.
Speaker 6: Yeah it did.
Speaker 22: You know, when when happens like this, I mean, the amount of people that is affects directly, is it near the amount of people that's going to affect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course. And the other thing is all the leading going on right now there. It's it's crazy. And up until recently you could basically steal under a thousand bucks and they wouldn't even you know, they wouldn't even blink in California. I mean, I don't even think they smacked your wrist.
Speaker 22: I think this is gonna take It is so far as what taking four years to get about seventy five percent of the Marshall fire homes back.
Speaker 6: Yep, this is going to take oh years, it.
Speaker 22: Should say fifteen to twenty years.
Speaker 6: All right, man, don I do appreciate it. I'm up against the clock. That was a good comment. Three O three seven one three will be right back.