Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, And this week on X Men ninety seven review series, I am oh I've read to put season two in the title. I am I guess I'm still Kenny Omega is a world champ.
Speaker 2: Omega fits here trusted now, and I'm joined.
Speaker 3: By I am the Prophet Taylor Field.
Speaker 1: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we are here doing X Men nice and hopefully this goes well this time. Tylo, last time we were here to do this, you dropped up, but Dylan has not caught up yet. And then Krookland's Nott sick or Kirk Kirkles knocks sick. He didn't know I'm be here. No, Kirklam wasn't filling the best. So hopefully next week we'll hear the other thoughts of the boys, but we'll hear a little well. Taylor did give a quick rigamaroll of his thoughts on episodes one to three last week.
Speaker 2: But this is episode four.
Speaker 1: As usual, now, we just do spoilers reviews, So if you've not seen episode four, bow out, come back later, or if you don't care, you know, pony up, but yeah, we're gonna review that in if you like, we do head down below for everything you know. That's where you can find the free feeds. That's where you can find Patreon, where you do have to spend some money again on there, but guess what. You get a bunch of benefits over sixty SLOs episodes depending on your tier, AD free episodes, You vote on polls, you get behind the scenes stuff. It's just you get a good bang for your buck. You skip coffee, you skip a fast food meal once a month, you're gonna get way more quality from geek us over here. So we appreciate that. And then GV Day is August eighth. We stream for ten hours or more, twelve events for our eleven year anniversary. It's always fun. So there you go, plugs it away for this episode a little bit later, So, Taylor Field, what did you think of episode four? This was a this is a big one lot. We got cameos, we've got reveals, we've got a big death. So, as I said, it isn't spoils so you can say whatever you want you now, but yeah, what do you think what episode four?
Speaker 3: This episode was awesome.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: It's just when you finish episode three and you kind of think, okay, this is kind of like the trajectory of where we're going with enor Apocalypse, Junior, I think you kind of got it figured out, like Okay, like Fate's kind of resuming this guy, like he's just he's corrupt.
Speaker 3: And all that.
Speaker 4: But when you get to this episode, it's like, Okay, maybe there's some redemption going on here that could happen.
Speaker 3: Unless I'm getting my.
Speaker 4: Episodes confused, but especially that's how this episode was started, right because they that it wasn't the Shine yet.
Speaker 1: And the episode three was like the idea we could and then this episode was all about like like they're at the campfire when he's talking to Rogue, so I think maybe we love Yeah, maybe we could turn them.
Speaker 2: I think that's what they're hoping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was rooting for that concept. I thought would be really really cool, but it's hard to know with all this time travel gimmicky stuff when it's like, oh, we're supposed to like the shit hits the fan and we're enabling that because we're supposed to have it hit the fan and we will come out on top later on another point in time. This is all just jumping around through time, and I feel like, Okay, now We're four episodes done, and I guess four episodes in and we've kind of concluded the setup that the finale for season one had. I feel like with how all of our characters have kind of reunited now minus one obviously, But that being said, everything with with M seven fuck Me Crazy ye, Apocalypse, Yeah, Apocalypse Junior, everything with this build up and whatnot, I was I was jiving with it. He was so terrifying and freaky, and it was really cool just to see him kind of rise up. And this is all lore and and comic book stories that I'm so unfamiliar with. So when we see him walking in and it's like, oh, this is a ship he used to fly around in, and like, oh, okay, he's dealing with the Celestial because now I know the Celestials are through obviously Falcon Brave New World and uh Eternals. Yeah, So getting to see how Eternals impact with mutants and now the Celestials impact with Apocalypse, that that's It's really cool. It's really awesome to see everything kind of tying in together here and how the Celestial is choosing to give Apocalypse his all this power and whatnot. Just some crazy shit really crazy shit, and.
Speaker 3: I'm driving with it.
Speaker 4: I really really am so and just what he does, how he just throws that line back at.
Speaker 3: Xavier.
Speaker 4: You know, cowards don't step on ants, and he just steps over Xavier and walks away. He's like, God, damn, what a This guy's just the personal vendetta hear is crazy.
Speaker 3: And I just think it's in.
Speaker 4: Retrospect when you take this episode and then you can see, Okay, these events that happen in time travel have happened before. I'm assuming so when you see Apocalypse facing Xavier Magneto in the past, and like the X Men animated series, I just feel like it has more weight because these characters have thousands of years of history with each other versus just meeting for the first time kind of stuff. I feel like these episodes have retroactively made the previous episodes more of a deep dive and prop them up because of the dynamic and the relationship between the care solely due to the fact that they're traveling through time. If that makes sense. Yeah, so yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah No, this episode continue to deliver again this season so far.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I was talked about last week of Okay, we had some writer changes, some things changed up, honestly for a bunch of real life reasons, but what was gonna happen. It was still a team and and that writer still has credited, so they probably have their bones on here a little bit.
Speaker 2: But no, this was phenomenal. I think it's we'd heard about it.
Speaker 1: I think it's like a smaller version of what we got with Gambit last year. But man, there is multiple moments. It's always tough. There's one thing we'll talk about when we get to the end credit and I con is the same thing as it was last week, where I just wish we had more episodes to take time because you weren't here. But I just said, like I hated that the future heroes already got back to present day with like by the end of their episode. I just like we could spend we literally and even this arc too. I think it's still for what they can do, and again it might be their choice. I don't know how they produce these things, but in thirty four minutes, man, you get a lot in here. Any you feel like it's art fulfilled. But I even thought, like, man, what if we would have got two to four more episodes of them with Apocalypse because I've already feel like they build the journey of hey, could we turn Apocalypse to be an X Men? Right, so already and again that's one of the highlight scenes this episode is Rogue and Apocalypse talking here, because this is Apocalypse, who's like, you know, killed many muns or done many terrible things in the show, right, and here she has seen the guy before, and she's seeing that he has somewhat of a heart and also talking about his origins as far as him being sold off and just being used for work and stuff. So it definitely props up. And that's where I think there's some great stuf about the original series, but this, like, and that's a kudos to the team.
Speaker 2: This makes the original series.
Speaker 1: Better for Apocalypse because I think we talked about where Apocalypse had like the big bad guy scary Vies, but he never got past like just like an evil big villain, right, They didn't really in that original show, I think do justice to him as far as there was stuff around like the Four Horsemen and his takeover. But for Apocalypse, he was just like, I am bad and he's very power so okay cool, and he's a cool look obviously, but with this they've put so much for the context of the last show and this show because I think this is the end of an arc, I guess, but I think he could be back again.
Speaker 2: Just like in a couple episodes or so. I don't know, because I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you still need a big bad for this season. Obviously there's someone else I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: There's already multiple big bats that could be at play here. But no, I that's where that Rogan Apocalypse scene that was great and it did the job to humanites pocalyup, so it still did its job and got me invested that way. But I just thought, man, what if we had even a few more episodes of them just team with Apocalypse and getting to know him more and doing this all good stuff. So that's still and it's not even the biggest comb but it just still continues to be. My con with this show is just still moves a little too fast. But all the stuff that's in here is good. That was good. The fight scene we'll break it down, was scary. We got an end credit which was fun. We got a big reveal which was fun. So yeah, it's all the character dynamics makes sense. And then obviously the big moment what they.
Speaker 2: Needed was just like heartbreaking and for a guy that's you know, like bad or whatnot.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and that's where I just I'm always a sucker for because even talk about right where like, oh, we screwed everything up because they're now they go to Apocalypse and now we'll go in the Flips overview they go to or in Sumner and they now they go, Okay, our approach is we're gonna tell We're gonna tell them all the future.
Speaker 2: We're gonn tell we're from the future.
Speaker 1: We're gona tell them what's bad, and we're gonna try and say, hey, you work with us, we can get on the right path. Right, And I like any of those type of time travel stories where okay, what if we could maneuver to make this happen.
Speaker 3: It's like the Black Panther Thanos what if episode?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, one hundred percent. It's similar to that. Right, So it's it's okay, well, how can you, you know, get Fantas on the Ravagers, how can you get Apocalypse as an X men? So it's like, well, we're gonna reveal to him, tell and go over there and we get to see, like I said, the story of Apocalypse of you know, his age and what happened to him and his connection with Rogan. Really talking about because I brought them the line here that they set the campfire, oh, because she said, have you ever been loved?
Speaker 2: And apocalyp says love is a pain?
Speaker 1: I can't to Ford and then roll walk away and says, but it's the only thing that makes life worth living.
Speaker 2: And that's true. Well, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like for Apocalypse at this stage of the game, it doesn't seem like he's had many people, even says like interest, people not even being in love, just people he's loved, friends or family. I guess family kind sold them. But friends they all just die around them, right, They get killed, they get taken out, So all he knows is just death and pain. So there's not much he can do about it. But I was very interested in the idea of may Need or rogue Savior all trying to turn him. I never thought it was gonna happen, just because the way it goes. I wish it kind of did for a season, just to see what happened. And that's where I would have wished that if we had more episodes with him. I think we could have spend more time with a good guy Apocalypse or maybe believed, hey, he might turn but at this episode, Oh, there's no way it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what did you.
Speaker 1: Feel about all the scenes of getting Apocalypse origin and the team trying to trying to get through to him, like, hey, you know, in the future.
Speaker 2: If you join us, maybe we can make a bigger difference.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would have a part of me would have really liked to have seen to actually make the turn and become a good guy temporarily. But I still think it's it's crazy they managed to even bounce him back after they got into a fight, and Bishop just shows up. They killed his dudes and they killed his friend as well, and he's Xavier comes in and he's like, you know, I'm willing to listen to you. You know, you survived the wrath of Rama tuts, so I'll I'll listen to you speak.
Speaker 3: It's like, this is a very fragile alliance.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden he sees these cymbals on the walls and he's like, this is my destiny.
Speaker 3: You were going to rob me of my destiny? No dah. So, I mean you have his very negative.
Speaker 4: View that's just being reinforced by this belief of a celestial So. I mean the two are very much hand in hand, and it's just pretty bad that it ends.
Speaker 3: The way it does.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think I think everything was really it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out of curiousity.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a sideline here with him choosing to face off against Rama Tut right away and execute all his power. Who is the sidekick with Rama tug Ramatuts like see you next time? And he bounces off and that girl's left behind.
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 1: Supposed to Actually, I don't know, because at first I thought it was remembering Loki has that character that was also his. I can't remember what her name is, sing, let me search up her kang love interest.
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ravona Rensler, But I don't think it was her, because that's who she was in Loki, remember.
Speaker 2: And then she's tied a king.
Speaker 1: She said king's like wife or partner and stuff, But I don't think that's hercuse she also didn't she didn't time travel. It seems like she was stuck back there. So I didn't know that character. I'm trying to see if I can find a name for it, but uh her name for her, but uh yeah, I'm not like too familiar with that. Care wasn't someone like that rang a bell someone important?
Speaker 3: But I could be wrong, Okay, yeah I was, wasn't sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and then what you're referring to, like with the yeah rama tab will get to in a second, that was like he's a good a good kind of fall it havagainst Apocalypse, especially not only another big bad but another character that deals in time travel and that.
Speaker 2: Type of stuff. Right, So it's it's.
Speaker 1: It's funny we you have like Apocalypse or in Southerner as a guy that's good in the middle somewhere. You got the X Men out of time, you got U Kang who's you know at a time, So there's tons of stuff going on. But yeah, I don't know alviestly they weren't expecting the mural in the ship. And because you just have like a literal picture of Xavier and may Needle like praying and like you know, at the knees at Apocalypse, so he does think, hey, like I'm gonna become a god and a ruler, and you guys are trying to stop me from that. So that's where they weren't prepared for that. They probably should have maybe I don't know how much they talked about them, maybe at odds or fighting. But at the end of the day, the pain thing took over, right, and that's where he was like, Oh, I'm gonna, you know, destroy everything, destroy people, and I'm gonna use that pain to restructure the world. So they kind of try to talk to him about the painting and thing, but he kind of went the wrong way and took it as a Negativexavior.
Speaker 4: Just kind of like takes his his mum bannoning him and just like full on projects it into his brain to hurt him.
Speaker 1: He does that twice. He does it then and then like another time he brings it up. It's crazy, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he whant to go next. I guess I don't have much to say here. We do.
Speaker 1: We talked about in The Geek the Weekly Geek. He sees a celestial and I think it's I think it's the same one from Eternals, the Aaron, the Judge or the extra cook or no, Yeah, air the Judge or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: Uh that that's where he gets his power, like this alien tech thing, which I think is somewhat similar to some of the words of I think he's just alien tech. When it's first started, I'm not sure if they've like wreckon it to be the uh the Turn or the celestials and all that stuff. But very cool scene when Apocalypse lands down. He's like covered in like the red like like like whatever celestial stuff going on, and it breaks out the whole. That's where it's crazy. We've seen Apocalypse and that's where I do trust these writers. I do have an issue later on, but I trust them to see. Okay, let's play it out and see it play out. We've seen Apocalypse so much in this show from a couple of seasons in and then he always pops back up in the original show, and then even at the end of this okaypocups here. We can go on episode one and two right like he's around him like the Origin of Apocalypse, him coming out and they have the armor and all the shots around him fighting Xavier Magneo. It shouldn't hit like it's the first time we're seeing him. It shouldn't have that type of motion, but it did. It felt like, man, this is this is a real threat and this is where again you know, I don't want to say take notes, but I'm gonna I hope. Sure there's similarities, but like there is differences between the two.
Speaker 2: But with the.
Speaker 1: Aura, it reminded me of when we saw Fantas and Finity War. Like all the fighting and some of the moves they had him doing in this I had no seen him doing the animated show, and I'm sure he hasn't. I'm just forgetting them. But at one point him in Magneto were fighting and he goes to punch and he just extends his arm like go, go, gadget. There's another moment too where the second time e Xavier tries to Rena's mind when he's in this form, he just looks back and his eyes are red and he just like shoots back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Like he was frightening.
Speaker 1: Where I think we always said with Apocalypse, okay, big bad, but we never cared about him emotionally, and he never had that the amount of fear that he had just in this scene here and when the X Men saw him, My God, it was. It was such a good debut for Boclups, like, Okay, I do want more of this character, where I think last season we were kind of okay, we've we've done Apocalypse many times in the show.
Speaker 2: What more can we do? Well, if he's like this, then we can do a lot more.
Speaker 1: And it was it was the you know, his re emergence. He didn't really talk with many of the X Men after that because they got sent off. Fucking Magneto man with an asshole beast is like, well, beasts, and Bishop like, well, we finally got these devices, we can go back in time. Because the X Men are like, we screwed up. The faster we get out of here, the better, right, because we'll screwed up less. And then Magnio breaks the bracelets. He's like no, no, no, like, we got more work to do here. We're gonna fix it. And then later on Apocalypse is starting to come out and they go, well he's a bit weaker, he's still we'll take him out with this is what we'll have to do. And then Magnio fixes the fucking braces and now you guys get here, Yeah, this is my fault. You gotta get out of here, and they're like, no, we don't want to go and then they go him a broke, like a little moment there before I guess we get to the big one. Yeah, what do you think of the Xavier Magnio? I guess we compared to with the what happens is Apocalypses. We'll talk about remas after apocaps is gonna get out of here. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: How this happened. Who caused the black but the black hole that.
Speaker 4: Apocalypse Apocalypse like destroy every right because he had the tech and everything, right, Yeah, so he dropped a black hole and then he's gonna get out of here.
Speaker 1: Uh, Magneto takes upon himself to stop all that. But yeah, what do you think about the fight the black hole? And then I'll see the ending of this fight that we got with Xavier Apocalypse And you were alute you a little bit about with Magneto.
Speaker 3: So the fight was awesome.
Speaker 4: I thought it was really cool because he has hands changing into like different weapons and stuff like that, and he's fighting and you.
Speaker 3: Really get to see Magneto kind of flex a little bit.
Speaker 4: It gets really intense when that black hole starts popping off because yeah, people are getting sucked in and itcinerated and all that kind of stuff. And then Magnetos just lands and then he creates this huge force field around the black hole and starts like levitating it and then he's pulling like he reminds me of that Star Killer trailer for a force and leash all the star store down. He grabs Apocalypse's ship and it's like force pulls it down into the black hole like talk about Omega mutant right, Like holy shit, god damn. So all of that was fantastic. I was eating it up.
Speaker 3: That was really cool.
Speaker 4: And then at the end, when he's just exhausted, he comes down like a meteor out of the sky smashes into the earth, and uh, it's just it's quiet.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Charles is like crawling trying to get to him, and again it's just.
Speaker 3: It's it's quiet.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden, over the hillside, like in the distance, the shadow and you can hear him walking. It's just Apocalypse walking up to to Magnus, and yeah, it just gets it gets crazy after that, but I think everything with everything with that is is great. I like how it's been full circle for Magneto as a character and how he's kind of you know, it was definitely sad and it was just.
Speaker 3: Just bonkers, but yeah, it was. It was pretty sweet.
Speaker 4: It was pretty cool, just how he went out and just he died like a hero. And he really tried to convince Apocalypse and I thought, I don't know, he he tried to send Xavier back obviously, but then the blast kind of derailed that and so them keeping Xavier around, which Xavier did nothing to. He tried, but there's nothing he could really do against Apocalypse.
Speaker 2: He did nothing.
Speaker 4: He was drying, he was trying, but it really this whole scene was just to add pain onto Xavier's shoulders, uh, just so he could see his friend die. And I mean, I feel like I never really see Xavier talk smack, but he's like you.
Speaker 3: It's like you you orphan, your.
Speaker 2: Your mother should have loved you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like professor, what you're saying right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he does that sometimes.
Speaker 1: Remember last season, like he did this Apocalypse, but last season when Eric did have his helmet off and he's like shoots like the fucking concentration camps and it said like he'll cut deep. But this is like yeah, when he said, I gotta find the full line here, because yeah, he just got so bitter about it. What did he say, how wise your mother was abandoning you? Do you think she sensed your vile nature? He was just trying because he knew that so brutal. He knew that was like a sauce spot for apocalypse. But the problem is that was a sauce spot for n So it's even if it's a sauce spot for apocalypse. Sure, but he's he's shaken it off like it doesn't matter, right, And in that moment, as I said, the fight all good, all the the that all the moments when Magno is a sword and he's trying, like I said, the extendo arm, all that stuff of Magneto is great. There, Oh, actually that's sick an ad break and then we'll keep talking about this.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: I just want to take that because I'll be ran for a second here. But yeah, so they end up to the desert, like you said, he saves everybody, and again Magnito like he he doesn't have to say to these people, but like they're still like out of time, like he doesn't know, like He's like no connection to these people really, right, other than them just being human beings, where at some point Magnio didn't have that. If there are humans, Magnio's like, ah, fuck these people. So again it shows how far he come. I knew it was old, Like I thought it was over for a bit, but I knew it was over when I don't think we've seen this before in this show, and even then in other content.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: Just seeing them like Hug was like a oh wow, this is like it's weird, you know, seeing Magneto like he is saying about it, and then I wasn't sure because he hugs him, and then the fight, like you know, that's after the fight, and he hugs in the Fighter season he goes up there, and then when he crashed in the desert, I did think, oh, he's actually not dead. He just that was like a fake out, right, But man, this whole sequence, I don't know. We never made a list of the original series, but if I had a top ten scenes for the X Men original series, and this the you know death, I'll put in quotations because you.
Speaker 2: Know, no one's ever really gone.
Speaker 1: But the death of Agnato in episode four here Holy Christ. When he's landing, he closed a black hole. He stopped the ship. He landed, and he's just like exhaust, he's tired, outfits gone and Xavier season. But of course he's in the chair, so he's trying his best in sandy. So he's crawling to him. And then you got that shot of the sun. It's like the rise or set, whichever it is. But then you got the shadow of Apocalypse comes up.
Speaker 2: And he's like boom. You're like, oh my god. Again.
Speaker 1: It felt very similar to Thanos and vision from in Findy War when it's like, oh, he's coming for me, and he just same thing, picks him up by the head and he's trying to read his mind. Exavy can He's trying to read Eric's bind and just like soothe him a little bit and he's like, oh Charles.
Speaker 2: And when he takes him, I'm like, what's he gonna do?
Speaker 1: And he takes his head, he holds it and he just puts that gun and then blows his entire body away and has the helmet and he throws There's so many good shots that one of apocalyps in the sun when he throws the helmet it's just like the broken helmet with Xavier. There's this other great shot too, where the Xavier's hand is on the sand and then you see the tears hit in the sand.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, like he said, ear that line of like, oh yeah, a coward would only take you know, pleasure or something like that, and stomping on an ant because like Xavier is nothing for him, his powers aren't working on he just leaves in the desert and goes on about his day. So it was like, again, he didn't easily defeat Magneedo, but in that moment, he easily killed him. And I, for one, when the hug happened, I was like, okay, Magneia is dying. So again what I said, I've always seen Apocalypse so much in the show. They've made me reinvested in him. I thought, Okay, Magneto's probably gonna die here. And I'm not saying good but it's like we've gone in love with Magneto. It's not like a oh man, we just got this cool cares to kill him off. He's been around for a while. I think it's okay if he gets killed off, but they still make me feel it and go.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I didn't want him to go here.
Speaker 1: One Bishop to get back in time and one Charles's So I do hope he is dead for a little bit. I really don't want the end of season a teaser even next year. Sure, maybe next season, but like I I think it. I'm not saying he has to say dead forever, because you know, again, these are comic things. But I hope we can feel a little bit because there's something in the end credits that happens that I'm like, oh, like I I don't know, I'm I'm not a fan of us moving to this direction already so quickly, but the scene still was emotional for Charles and Magneto and it was great. I was it was fantastic, just like Gambit last year left me with a moment in awe of like crazy, you got me. So, yeah, let's move to I don't know how much we have to say here, but yeah, what did you think of Office? Ramata was in the last three episodes, but here he was Apocalypse while this is going on. He has all this plan but Apocalypse emerges and he's this timeline is no good. I can't I ain't winning over here. Apocalypse has taken over. So he decides I'm gonna jet. I'm gonna get out of here, gonna go to a different time where maybe I can take over.
Speaker 2: He gets in a ship.
Speaker 1: He gets in that I canmember what it's called, but that I got bullship that king has, And when he is talking to that person, like, oh, you know shit, what is the line? He says to her, I'll.
Speaker 3: Fos your destiny now or something like that.
Speaker 1: I have it here because I have it on Disney Plus. So if you're not, your destiny starts today. And then he says for his power can only be challenged by a force that is, and he says external, and then she goes, oh what do you.
Speaker 2: Mean by that?
Speaker 1: And then when she looks back, he has a full King the Conquer outfit, which I wasn't sure what we were gonna get, I thought, because I knew Ramatut. And then everyone's like, oh, King is the season right? And I was like, OK, yeah, maybe, but like a version of King right, It's like, is this going to be an actual plot point or is it just Hey, that's an emperor version of King and we're in Egypt.
Speaker 2: In that time, so let's throw him in there. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: To me, I would assume with the death of Magneto and the first four build up, I'm assuming the big bat of the.
Speaker 2: Season is going to be Apocalypse in there.
Speaker 1: EVENTU gonna take him down, maybe again, hopefully for the final time or like one of the final times set.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we do that because we take him down so many times.
Speaker 1: But I still feel like with the stakes in the first four episodes, it'd be weird to drop him. So I don't know where Kang is gonna play, but you know, we tell this on Weekly Geek. If they talk about doing ten seasons. I think Kang would be a fantastic villain for a season. I love the Kang character. I was one of those after Endgame when we did a cast I was championing. I was like, Hey, he should be the next big bad. He became the next big Bad. Obviously, a lot of things happened Major's career and even Quantum Mania was just not well received. So you know what to me, and I don't even think this was planned after like at that time, I think this they were probably already in production when Kang was a plan. I could be wrong. But it's like, if you're not gonna use King in live action, which I get. I still think there was a way to do it, but I get it if you were not gonna use them. I think this is a perfect place. And I don't know if he's gonna come back this season, but man, would it get me juice if you're to tell me that in season three of The X Men, because they're already messing with time all the time in season three and The X Men, if Kang was like the big Bad, I would love it. So what do you think about this? Do you think it was just a funny stregg? Do you think we'll see him again? The future is a big bad, whether it's this year, next year? What do you what do you foresee here with Kang?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, I would like to see him come back because I think this is the perfect place for him.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 4: He's yeah, he's just he's got his own goals and aspirations in here because he's like Rama Tut. I had to google Rematut when I was watching this show, like, oh who is this? And I was like Okay, I was like, oh that's pretty cool. Okay, Yeah, he's obviously got his own m O and his mL being I want to get this power source. And then I thought, okay, well Beast wants to get this source because I can power their teleporters. But then Rama Tut's looking for this thing, and I thought, Okay, at this point, this is how Apocalypse is going to be made, because this power source is what they're they're looking for, right, So uh yeah, No, he's talking all cryptic, you know, ooh apocalypse and seven yours coming, you know, Destiny awaits you, and he's you know, getting changed and it's costume and everything like that, and and flying the fuck out of there.
Speaker 2: But changed his costume.
Speaker 3: It's like just that was just Aura farming.
Speaker 2: It was just Aura for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I thought I thought it was fine. I thought it was it was cool to see him, and I'm with you, I hope that they do bring him back in. And he was just he was here now, and like, okay, after we'd dealt with Apocalypse, then we're gonna have uh have him returned. It's like the main the main bad. He'd be a great Season three villain for sure if they they bank him for a little.
Speaker 1: Do we see him in all again this season? Even if it's an end credit.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to say. No, his departure. His departure felt really.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what I would call it, but it felt like, Okay, this is the last you're gonna see.
Speaker 2: Him, finite. Yeah for now. Yeah, I think the only thing I not accept, like I accept more.
Speaker 1: But if I could see it, maybe if it's like the finale of this season, right of like hey we that ap baclups, We're all good and then that and can guys back and like, oh no, here we go. So yeah, I hope so I would love to I'd love to see more. So hopefully we get more of that. Is there anything before the post credit? I think we covered most of it. I'm screwing at the but was there anything you want to mention before we get there?
Speaker 3: I don't think, so let me put my notes to No.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we got I believe there could have been a post credit last year, but I think it might be our first post credit but I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It's been a minute. But uh, yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Got a very interesting post credit postcredits is interesting, was fun.
Speaker 2: I don't like where it's going.
Speaker 1: But this is why I message you, because in our MCU drafted people listen to the Weekly Geek. We just went over our kind of mid year results or you know, quarter two three results, and that's where we draft characters. We get points based off appearances and deaths and projects all that stuff. And two other than leading a project, which is twenty five points, two of the best points you can get is I guess three is an on as debut. It's the first time of character appears or an unannounced appearance, and an end credit man. None of us picked Steve Rogers because we were all scared he's going get killed on Doomsday, which is a negative thirty death. But right here, if someone at Steve Rodgers would have been a clean twenty five here, like a lead project. So Wolverine sit in a top building. Captain America drops, he's got some files with him. He's, oh, I don't know if you want to do this alone, and he's, oh, don't worry, I got some friends. We don't get see what's in the files. I would wish you would say, like, yeah, Cap, I do need some friends, because I would love another team up episode with Wolverine and Captain America. But yeah, what do you think about seeing Captain America and then what do you think is gonna be happening at Wolverine with EPINEX Because Weapon X is another thing that's kind of similar to Apocalypse we've done many times, but new writers, new team, so maybe they have a new angle on it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean Captain America appearing completely coping off guard.
Speaker 3: And then when I saw.
Speaker 4: Black Widow, I was seeing the spider on the uniform and all that, I was like, who is a Spider character?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, it's of course black Wood. I see o g uniform costume kind of thing. But uh no, I liked that. I thought it was it was cool.
Speaker 4: I liked their their equips with each other and all that jazz, and then it kind of yeah, concluding with uh.
Speaker 3: Uh X webin X thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think that's that's gonna be interesting. I mean, my Weapon X knowledge is fairly limited aside from logan and and whatnot, but uh yeah, I think that there's.
Speaker 3: There's some there's some juice to uh to pursue here. Uh and we'll have to see.
Speaker 4: Like I don't think Captain America and Blackwood are coming back. I think they're they're done. Unfortunately, as much as I would, I like to have had them because I mean, still we didn't really get a conclusive episode two or a conclusive part of that story where Cables got Jubilee and and they're looking for.
Speaker 3: Apocalypse. I mean that's still kind of.
Speaker 2: Gone present day.
Speaker 1: We haven't really seen the future X Men interact to like, because I assume they're all going to be back together next week or maybe the week after, so then we will find out what's going on with them. But yeah, like I said, I'm when the intriest Weapon acts like Okay, like I said, we've been down some at the times, but I trust these writers. Sure what are we're doing? I did talk with the Marvel Lines guys. Then Chris did remind me, which I was disappointed. It's the poster. It's in this trailer that for the show Wolverine does get his metal clause back. That's something where I go again with the show. Why why doesn't of his metal clauseback? We just lost him and he's only gonna have them gone for if you count the finale last season five episodes. I wish we col get a whole season, and I feel like we need arc too.
Speaker 2: Now Here's the thing the arc could have been.
Speaker 1: He's fighting, you know, he gets beat up. I really need my metal back. I'm hoping because I'm saying one, you could do that, and that you could build up to him getting.
Speaker 2: The metal back.
Speaker 1: If it's not that, I'm hoping he's not going to weapon X just because I need my Adamantium back. If it is, then we need to see him struggle. My hope is it's for something else or old enemies, So we'll see. I'll interest see what team he has to take with him. Like I said, I wish it was Captain America. We tubble this last year. I would so take They won't do it, but I would so fucking take Avengers show in this universe, you know, like in the nineties aesthetic because they did have an iron Man show back in the day. But still, if they say, hey, we're doing an Avengers show classic, it's just gonna be Black Little cap thor Hulk, iron Man and maybe ant Man or Wasp for something to keep that, I would kill for an animated show in the X Men animated series like that for the Avengers. So I hope there's a cause for a good cause for why we're going up next, not just I just need metal back. I hope that's not because that's like a very messory line.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I still actually wish he would have kept the bone claws for a little bit, just to make us really feel that loss, because it doesn't feel like he's been struggling, like a few times we've seen it. He's still just been tearing through people, right, So I feel like we haven't got that. So yeah, curious who his team is. I'm not sure if it's just gonna be X Force with Jubilee and Cable. It could just be easy, is that I wish was Captain America team a long? What did you think last week of the X Force theme?
Speaker 2: That version?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was cool they haven Yeah, well they had Cable there and who is Buddy on the opposite side?
Speaker 2: It was apocalypse when he was he was back. Yeah, so a bit more heavy electric guitar going on in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I was driving with it, I really really was. I think all that stuff was was fantastic.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I think it's gonna be that. And then I do wonder because they did this, not that this is their following it. At one point they did like a comic sequel to this, the X Men ninety two show. It's not in canon at all because the show is doing different stuff. But I do wonder because they've started to put present day stuff or more modern stuff in the show. I do wonder if he's going back to weapon ex if we're going to bump into an XT twenty three at any point, whether it's like a little cameo or alluding to.
Speaker 2: So that's my.
Speaker 1: Little early prediction, but I don't know that for sure, So anything else stay there.
Speaker 3: Nope, I'll just say I think you're on something with that little prediction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even if it's like he finds a file or someone else's there. Just I'm not saying she would come back with him beyond the team, but they just tend to do that and show like hang right where it's like, oh, we're just gonna drop this year and we could pick it up later or not pick it back at.
Speaker 2: All, So we'll see. So well, there you go, Leis Jean.
Speaker 1: We will be back next week with episode five, probably with a larger cast, and I promise you when we are back, it will not be boring.
Speaker 4: Maybe