Speaker 1: All right, we are back a couple of days before Christmas. I got a perfect opportunity for you, Shady race here at Oxmore Shopping Center. Stop on buy uh, and we've got a deal for you. It's by one, get one free basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well it's by we'll get one yeah, buy.
Speaker 1: One, get one free, yah yeah. And then after you spend a certain amount of money ten dollars to start grabbing out the at their grab Grab Grab.
Speaker 3: It's a mystery box's men or women, and it's marked down to ten dollars.
Speaker 2: That's unlimited by as many.
Speaker 3: And one of the staff of four that watches my dog Lemmy on vacation.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just walked in. I still owe her payment.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I say, you know what, just go ahead and start shopping Shady.
Speaker 1: Ravage even his dog. It's it's twenty four hour.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. It's just it's not Limmy's fault. It's my fault.
Speaker 3: Because if I don't know somebody's at my house with my dog twenty four hours, then I'm a mess.
Speaker 2: And I can't I get that.
Speaker 1: All right, Gus is with us today. Gus, how are you, sir?
Speaker 4: I'm wonderful. How about you all.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's the most handsome sounding man I've ever heard of.
Speaker 2: My wife. He sounds extra smart.
Speaker 1: I know you were watching that game last night, six thirty U off L Pittsburgh. Louis lost to them two times this year. They only had a couple of losses. On the season final, it was my wife is a UFL grad, so she had her gear on and she was screaming and yelling. I forgot. I'm not sure that.
Speaker 2: How odd that your wife was screaming and yelling. So she had a changing.
Speaker 5: Character, right, So so she's I can't say sweet, so, but I think that if we caught the one of those balls in the face, the where the spike or the you know, those things are going in about fifty sixty seventy miles an hour.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I've seen a girl get hit by those before. Yeah, and I'm like, I'm out, I'm done. After that, they just get right back up and go. You know, I just have a little dirt on it. We're ready to go.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you this. I in the Beer League at the Catholic League, it's the adult Volleyball league. It's it's it's you know, it's just parents in their middle ages. Well, one of the girls, one of the moms, played at u of L, so she would not hold back. So the damn thing would come in at one hundred miles an hour, and we go, okay, we're not playing that team anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't return this with a beer in my hand.
Speaker 4: Well that does cause a problem yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the Catholic Church, the bartender is our parish priest. Right, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's what I like about the followshism. Well one other things.
Speaker 1: Well, and I love it because Father Shane will just push the tip jar a little bit closer, going really don't want to tip? Is that what you want to do? You don't want to tip?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: We mentioned, we mentioned the Shady Rays is the perfect the perfect gift, and right now if you come by today only by two, get fifty percent off after spend fifty dollars ten dollars mystery boxes on a limited pair there.
Speaker 2: But what if that's the perfect gift Christmas gift?
Speaker 3: But what if you get a bad Christmas gift. I'm glad I put stump upon this story because.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just mething I picked for my mother every year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's what I'm talking at.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I'm talking about. Over the last three years, the average person has gotten at least two gifts that they don't like.
Speaker 2: This is from a survey.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is involving resting gift face.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Great, they're not even selling it. You're not even selling No, oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: I need so how to tell, how to tell if you've given somebody gift I'm not happy with. Here's here's some tells about the resting gift face. If they avoid eye contact, that's the biggest sign. Every time I've given you a birthday present, you just look down at you say hey, thank you. That's you know, you know what I mean? And I say and I'll say something like I don't think you're grasping it. It's a football and a phone, and I try to explain it. You still look down. So if they don't make eye can contact with you, that's the first biggest sign, followed by the big fake smile. Ah, it's a uh.
Speaker 1: But most people the other person like you hate it? No, no, you hate it?
Speaker 3: Okay, number three and there you go, changing the tone of your voice.
Speaker 1: Yes, he goes, oh, my c you gosh.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, because I'll say, hey, it's a stick, but it's not just a stick. It's a stick from the Battlefield of seventeen thirty two.
Speaker 1: You mean you mean like when Gus is yelling at it's the tone of his voice changes a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. I'm going through therapy over that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, I'm in this smooth dulcet toy tones is a little bit different in that situation.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the top response is that you should give when someone gives you a gift this holiday season and you don't like it, what's the best way to respond?
Speaker 2: Here's the one here, here's what they say. These are the top five responses. Uh.
Speaker 3: Number one is you just say thank you for thinking of me. And now, now, if you're at your family's Christmas and they say one of these things, it's gonna be in back of your mind.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You got to be pretty much of a dunce if you can't figure out if the person likes the president or not, there's no faking it. There's no one. You and I are You and I are fantastic liars. So we can get through it, right, so we could get it to where we will make them believe we like the president. Right sure, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Here's the best response is if you dislike the gift, thank you for thinking of me. I love it. I really appreciate this. You shouldn't have I don't know how many times I've said you shouldn't have, but I really mean, man, I wish you wouldn't have done this. What am I gonna do with this? And then the last one is what a thoughtful president.
Speaker 1: If with you. A bad gift to Dwight is having something that he would have to participate in, Oh my god, right, Like if you gave him like the you know, making Clay Potts in a class or something, he would just be like, why would you give me this? Or hiking like a like a new hiking boots to go hiking. He would just be like, why would you give me these?
Speaker 3: Well, the latest TikTok stupidity trends coming around the corner. Here's what this one is. There's a fear that you can catch chlamydia at the gym from using gym equipment. Started it started last year, but now it's gaining steam on TikTok videos people spraying down gym equipment with abundance of caution to avoid catching chlamydia from gym equipment, which, by the way, is a sexually transmitted disease only, so it's impossible. I wonder if you think that this got started by a girl, try and explain away how she I'm I'm sure now I got this on the roll. It's gotta be the rolling machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the guy buys it like guy, he's telling his friends, y out, she got it from a gym. Stay, well, she just stay away from the gym, Stay away from the Yeah. My wife, Cindy, she got that from the Jim.
Speaker 3: Well, you get on the lat machine right now, Yeah, spray down with this.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing we've all become because at the gym every ten feet there's a gigantic box box of those little wipe things down. So you what, everyone wipes the machines down after they use them. Plus you have what you you wipe them down. You wipe the sheet down after every use.
Speaker 2: When did they start this practice?
Speaker 1: You haven't been in a gym since nineteen seventy eight, so and that was just things have changed.
Speaker 3: And that was just to pop in my head and the gym and go, hey, I got a restauranm in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, uh so I would. That's actually very funny. That's probably the way uh started.
Speaker 3: Liquid death is a it's a canned water that is very big in a heavy metal festivals.
Speaker 1: You see it out loud in the life Hal It's amazing. Liquid death is the scam of all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they put it in a ten can with a scary face.
Speaker 2: On it, and you make a million.
Speaker 1: My daughter, my daughter pays like twelve dollars for a six pack or something crazy, and I'm like, it's water in a can.
Speaker 2: But I don't care for it.
Speaker 1: And here's what, Yeah, yeah, but it's not bottles in the bottles who live in the ocean forever?
Speaker 3: Dad?
Speaker 5: You know what, maybe a turtle will swim up and swallow that piece and then it'll die.
Speaker 1: So I'm saving the turtles.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: So the the and it's you know, it's two jerk faces of course.
Speaker 2: All right, how do we.
Speaker 1: Rip off these woke freak kids?
Speaker 2: Hey go with the turtle story. That that tested with turtle.
Speaker 1: The turtle story, we lead with that.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's test this turtle story tested really well in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Well, run with it.
Speaker 1: Who else is very glible? All the heavy metal kids. Yeah, the heavy metal kids just stare at their shoes. They stair at their shoes and wear black T shirts. Yeah, put liquid death and like a heavy metal design on it.
Speaker 2: Buy it well.
Speaker 3: Number one, Yes, I drink a little of tap water.
Speaker 2: I just put them my own juke.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you're crazy for doing that.
Speaker 3: But number two, Number two, if I buy water from the store, I want it in a bottle because I.
Speaker 2: Want to be able to cap it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna kill a whole thing of water and I want to spill in my jeep wrangler.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you're killing the ocean.
Speaker 2: That's cool, I'm not killing the ocean.
Speaker 1: How did you drink the water out of the tap? Are you nuts?
Speaker 2: On it every day?
Speaker 1: That's what's wrong with you.
Speaker 3: Drink a gallon of water every day?
Speaker 1: Then you are a walking toxic.
Speaker 2: You know what my favorite thing to do is I'm the weekend when I'm not around your.
Speaker 1: Nothing dumb but nothing.
Speaker 2: Here's what I do.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 3: I go downstairs and a sniff as much rad on as I can, and I dak water.
Speaker 1: Walk right, good? Well, tap what good good good.
Speaker 3: Because we live in a hard water town. Straightway, getting off point here, we chased the squirrel too long. Like Liquid Death premiers their new seventy five dollars what adult diaper? Liquid Metal is now selling a seventy dollar leather diaper.
Speaker 1: Can I guess? Because you can go to the concert and not go there.
Speaker 3: That's exactly it. Now I will say this. You and I have a cop friend that we know. Let's call him, uh Roy Rains, yeah road Rains.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now, this fictitious guy, yeah, his name was Roy Range would go to Jimmy Buffett concerts and he would actually wear a diaper so he could drink and not have to go to the restroom. That's true, That's absolutely true. I like so here's the pre.
Speaker 1: I like music. I don't like it that much.
Speaker 3: I love music and I but you know what when I go Like, for example, we were in the first seating section at the Rolling Stones in Vegas. I didn't drink one drop because you knew I didn't want to have to go with.
Speaker 1: A road trip. If you're gonna drive for four hours, you don't drink a lot.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, I'm parts.
Speaker 1: I don't like our wives.
Speaker 3: Like even that day, you're talking about a fifty six year old prostate here man, So I have to stop again.
Speaker 1: Of course you do.
Speaker 3: I ever heard of the foe? Just can't end.
Speaker 1: I know, wait, could you wear it?
Speaker 3: Could I wear it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Would you wear it?
Speaker 1: It would drive me crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could use the restroom by myself. I don't think I'm capable.
Speaker 1: Of doing that. You don't. Actually, it's a good tool. I'm just thinking about how you raised kids. Boys should have to wear them just to know what girls go through, right, So, and they that's true because they guys can't. Boys can't relate what those poor girls have to go through every.
Speaker 2: Month, what girl has to wear diapers that.
Speaker 1: Let me trust you, if sometimes it feels like that, I'm sure for women, especially a fourteen year old or whatever, it's like, why do I have to wear this damn thing?
Speaker 3: Feels like that's a great point, Alan Auto, You're welcome. So liquid death. It's a full leather diaper. You could do your business in it. It comes with fifty two depends pads. So you know this is just for number one? Is it.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, it is it is, But it comes.
Speaker 3: With fifty two depends pads.
Speaker 2: Uh, so you can use in the discard. How many of these going to sell?
Speaker 1: I mean, gush, are you willing to wear a male diaper if you couldn't get the restroom? You've been in positions to where you're in charge of a gigantic national broadcasts if you couldn't leave, would you wear the diaper and be dedicated?
Speaker 4: You changed it up on me? No, that's no.
Speaker 1: Putting that on.
Speaker 4: Of course, I don't want to think that.
Speaker 2: Nope, that's what fold your cans are for?
Speaker 1: You kill me?
Speaker 4: No, that's what what is it garbage cans are for? Well, I listen, I've heard of that happening.
Speaker 1: At some point, you have to realize your addiction or end or obsession with whatever band. So if you have to wear a diaper to watch a concert, then you have an issue, Okay, and we're gonna have to talk through it. Okay. This is a lot like my I used to be so obsessed with Louisville sports that I was physically ill on the This is the story I tell I was physically ill on the bathroom floor the day of the uku of a basketball game. My wife walks in a jees, what are you doing? And she's so comforting. She kicked me and said, you're a grown man and a father, get your ass off the floor. And I say, yes, that's right. So but at that moment I realized I take this too seriously and I have to let it go. So again, I don't take that game. Yeah, my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look, I'm serious about my sports. But you're in the floor in the fetal position.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was. He was twenty twelve. I remember the day and she kicked me and said, get your ass off the floor of your father and her husband.
Speaker 3: Well you might think, good man, you want to think Google Maps is just getting from point A to point B. But Google Maps they solved the crime. I tell you, they cracked the case. A suspected murderer has been outed by Google Maps an image taking you know, his cars with a big thing they drive around quite incredible.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: A Google Maps car took an image of a car while I was driving the streets. They showed a Spanish criminal that's been dubbed the Wolf of te Echo. They caught the guy stuffing a body into the trunk of a car.
Speaker 2: The two people have been arrested.
Speaker 1: By Beddy's hands.
Speaker 3: You think that they call you the wolf eyes?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm cutting him, yes quick, Yes.
Speaker 2: But they did catch the guy.
Speaker 3: The remains of the man were discovered a week prior in a cemetery somewhere in Spain. But they went on Google Maps and somehow they found the guy on there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that that reminds me of like if you're watching what's the Matt Damon series where you where he's a spy, not a spy, but Jason Bourne.
Speaker 2: Jason Born.
Speaker 1: So where they go, where they go the big wall with the TVs and they get on the team. Not a one God really, not a one, you know why? You know what I'm talking about? Where they access all the cameras and you know, and face recognition places. That reminds me of like they tap into the Google car.
Speaker 4: What's that The Fast and the Furious. Don't they do that? Where they've got the God's eye, that's it. Where they can see everything. They use all the cameras, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, never seeing them, either of them. Be careful of seeing anything God's Eye.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on by Shady rays oxboor Center, folks loved ones, Today's the day and then that's it. Here's what I'm talking about. Shady Rays by two get fifty percent off. It gets better after you have spent fifty dollars or more by Unlimited mystery boxes. These mystery boxes are great. They come in men's or women and there's nothing wrong with them. All these are or last year models. You could be getting a fifty seventy ninety a pair of sunglasses for only ten dollars. Ten dollars, That, my friend, is the perfect stocking stuffer, is the perfect office gift.
Speaker 1: If you come in and use a different voice and say, Dwight you look thin? You look thin? If you do that wave, you give you a pair of these mystery box Shady Race sunglass. You know, got feelings you like thin, but you gotta change the tone of the voice. Okay, all right. Unlimited Landscapes we talked to Unlimited Landscapes owners Sun earlier this week because he was the guy standing at the UK game. But Unlimited Landscapes a great guy. I've known him since he was I was fifteen years old. He's owned that business for thirty years and been doing pools for twenty. He knows what to do and not do. He has architects. They can design anything. I just saw a picture of what they're doing now. It is amazing. So you look in your backyard near us. No way, we can put a pool back here back there. Bet you they can trust me. They can so get check them out Unlimited landscapes dot Com. All right, so and be like the Christmas movie, use your Christmas bonus and get a new pool in the backyard. All right, Live from Oxmore Shopping Center. Come by and see us, and then uh tell dwightey like then, and you get a free pair of sunglasses. News Radio forty w a chance.
Speaker 2: Come on by.
Speaker 3: Meet Chip Soble. He's out of here. How about that man?
Speaker 1: He's a stud Chip Soble? And guess who's joining us for reeling in the years. Bill Bell from the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. How are you, Bill?
Speaker 2: Great? How are you?
Speaker 1: How's your holiday season?
Speaker 6: You have?
Speaker 1: You have sixteen kids? So have you done all your shopping? Zero? You've done zero?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, get it done right now because shady rays by two pair of get.
Speaker 2: Today only, and you wore your shady rays in today.
Speaker 1: Why do you think I'm here?
Speaker 2: Yes, I talk. Maybe you come by to do the show with shopping could be okay, years with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna do it, all right, gus, what do you got for us?
Speaker 4: All right, let's see, I was gonna do like Christmas songs from a year. No, come on, not sided against Okay, here we go. See if you got this?
Speaker 1: One is Paul McCartney.
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy's been around for decades though, so this doesn't narrow it down.
Speaker 1: No, this could be any decade.
Speaker 6: This is eighties for sure.
Speaker 1: Another loan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, we don't get that.
Speaker 2: Help any decade.
Speaker 1: All I think it's eighty four, all right, eighty let's say eight late eighties.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: No help here, because early eighties he was doing that stuff with Michael Jackson and that doesn't sound like that.
Speaker 3: What was he doing with me?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 2: No, this is low lower?
Speaker 1: This is no, you're right, this is eighty three.
Speaker 2: This is two or three.
Speaker 1: It's eighty two or three.
Speaker 3: Might be five or six. Hey, hey, let's narrow this down. Shaka Khan has this in low to mid eight I got it. Yeah, just is a good one. Okay, this gets us in there.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, all right, so let's go to the next one. This will it probably might help you a little bit, but you won't know this song very much.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: Did you ever play this one on QMF.
Speaker 1: Huh, this is eighty three? No, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: St trying to figure out what song it is. One, two, three four, Come on, babe.
Speaker 4: Intro is a little longer than I thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: It sounds like that song I Give it to my boy or whatever. Right, Yeah, yeah, I'm saying eighty three. I'm in eighty three.
Speaker 2: No help for me.
Speaker 1: Still, yeah, well you're flirting. You're talking everybody, mister, mister shady raised.
Speaker 2: Hip sobo comes in and got one up myself.
Speaker 4: I kind of wanted to get to some lyrics on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get to it.
Speaker 2: Three four.
Speaker 1: That's exactly like, that's the lyrics job.
Speaker 4: You're welcome the man that that's cool it now by new edition, I don't know where the lyrics are.
Speaker 3: Oh, new edition eight eighty two, you gotta cool it in eighty three, hey, watch.
Speaker 4: Out all right anyway, and there we go. Now they start to sing what I calls it here, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll know this one.
Speaker 6: Maybe eighty four, honey, Drippers.
Speaker 2: Do you remember?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, is that that right?
Speaker 3: If this is Honey Drippers, it's eighty four.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's two or three eighty four, it's two or three, it's eighty four. This was eighty four.
Speaker 6: Absolutely driving my VW bug when listening to this, so okay, it had to have been.
Speaker 1: It's two or three, eighty three or eighty four. It's eighty four. It's later, dude, this did not come out. I remember not liking the song the Honey Rippers, mister Pan singing, sorry girl, I was dating time. Thank you there you Oh very good. That's the excuse.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I like the Honey Drivers.
Speaker 1: See I was cool, cool. Next song, I'm not cool anymore, but before.
Speaker 3: Out of touch? That's correct, that got It could be eighty four, you're right a Dutch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting. I'm getting an eighty four eighty five viue.
Speaker 2: It's no way it's eighty five. It's eighty four.
Speaker 1: I'll go yeah, it's got that. It's starting to point towards that Beverly Hills Cops soundtrack sounding songs. I like eighty four, I like eighty.
Speaker 4: Fever Hills Top. Yeah, yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, is this h the hall of notes hallo notes eighty four. There's not yeah, because hall notes. I don't remember them doing anything later in the eighties, right, they kind of disappeared.
Speaker 2: It's about right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was that the number one song?
Speaker 4: This is the this is the number two song in this particular year, and I think Duran Duran, I never.
Speaker 2: Liked this song.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is kind of towards the end of that their first phase.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, yes, so this is the second go around before they faded. Yeah, right, yeah, Okay, I'm at eighty four eighty five.
Speaker 2: It's up to you, guys. No, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 4: How about the number one we're going to do.
Speaker 1: The head of the Kentucky Office Fiveway Safety is going to make the decision. Eighty three eighty four.
Speaker 4: The number one, right, number one on this.
Speaker 1: Sorry sorry I thought that was it? Oh come on, yeah, yeah, it's eighty three or eighty four.
Speaker 6: That throws an.
Speaker 2: It's like a virgin What is which one? Was this one?
Speaker 4: Let's you sing it for us? Don't you know this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: This our song that guy did on what is it the America an idol?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Where he goes you know, you gets sent like a Virgin.
Speaker 1: It's like a Virgin. Yeah, this is her first big hit, isn't it.
Speaker 4: No here comes here comes the chorus. Oh yeah, okay, all right, everybody together.
Speaker 2: This makes me think eighty two or three.
Speaker 1: But I'll go no, no, noive your call Bill Bell Bell, go with a lot of.
Speaker 2: Weight on your shoulders.
Speaker 1: Bab babe, all the play play.
Speaker 3: This has been known as our biggest show of the year. More listeners than ever on this show.
Speaker 6: It's it's either eighty three eighty four, but I'm gonna say eighty.
Speaker 3: Four, okay, and a right as the background also so that eighty four all right.
Speaker 4: I like the decision because Madonna Like a Virgin was number one on this date nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 1: Yes, Bill Phil Bell with the window.
Speaker 3: Wow, Bill Bell, Wow, you were him and and Holland a lot of pressure wo By got recognition to Chip soblan a bau.
Speaker 2: Wow crazy Uh.
Speaker 3: Kentucky Marijuana Card Kentucky Marijuana Card dot Com. Kentucky Marijuana Card dot Com. Hey are you ready for January?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 3: January first legalization starts here in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I'm ready, what about you?
Speaker 3: Kentucky Marijuana Card is part of a group they know what they're doing. They're part of a group that has been helping people out throughout the nation get their marijuana medical marijuana card. They've over They've helped already over three hundred thousand people. I went last Saturday at the grand opening and got mine.
Speaker 2: It was a breeze.
Speaker 3: Check them out get all the information you need to be ready. January first at Kentucky Marijuana card dot com. Come on buy where's Shady Racing the Oxford Center? Buy two pair of fifty percent off, Spend fifty bucks and get unlimited unlimited mystery boxes for only ten dollars. Come on buy and say hi news ready to forty whas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm a fool, little of a city baby, broadcasting live from oxmort Shopping Center and Shady Rays. Come on up and load up for your Christmas gifts here by would get one free basically, and then after you spend fifty bucks, you get ten dollars and just grab out grab bag out of the mystery pile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mystery boxes men's and women only ten dollars a pair. There's nothing wrong with these glasses, folks. All they are their last year's models. These glasses are fifty seventy ninety dollars glasses ten dollars UH and unlimited pair. These are the stocking stuffer for the family. Don't miss out Shady rays Oxmorre Center. Come on by and see us as we welcome in Bill Bell.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Bill? Great? Big victory?
Speaker 1: You look great that nineteen eighty four through. Man, you're gonna be able to hold onto that victory through the holidays? Oh yeah, feel it?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna tell a story on Christmas? Like when everybody gathers around, Hey, I got well if there was a law you know, I was playing really.
Speaker 2: In the years the other day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that will be right up there with the moth joke.
Speaker 3: For those not familiar with the moth joke, moth walks.
Speaker 1: Into it, but stop it stopping. Bill Bell's with a Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. We are, obviously we are a big proponent of drive sober. Don't don't it's so easy not not to drive. We had darryl Isaacs on get the get the get the free pass for an uber uh from him, just download the the app, the hammer app. But other ways that are let's start with drive sober.
Speaker 6: Well number one, you're gonna be out celebrating this holidays. Most people are so plan your night ahead, so plan that you need to have a way home, a safe way home before the night starts, right, I mean that's that's number one. And then just you know, you got to know your limits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So tonight, for example, I'm going to Barnol's Third Market to see Dave Moody and short bus taking an uber.
Speaker 2: I've got no choice, you know, take the uber.
Speaker 6: That's the easiest thing to do. It's very relatively inexpensive compared to you.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing with downtown.
Speaker 3: If I go downtown, if a park in the garage, it's gonna be thirty bucks.
Speaker 2: So why I just go ahead, And it's not gonna be much.
Speaker 3: More than thirty bucks for the night because I do it all the time, especially for concerts.
Speaker 2: They jack the prices up so much.
Speaker 1: You know what's so much fun over the holidays spending the night in jail.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, and spending thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you get your licenses taken because that's so convenient for the rest of your family. And by the way, your friends and family will tell you I got you. I'll give you a ride, and after the second phone call, they're like, what'll I have to take you?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that for a second, because when we're talking here, we're talking about the thousands and thousands of dollars, losing your license, possibly losing your job.
Speaker 2: That's best case scenario.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, h worst.
Speaker 2: Case scenario, you hurt somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So all right, this other topic here is you are adding to when you renew your license or get your license for the first time, a vision test. How was that going to work? Right?
Speaker 6: Everybody that is renewing their license, and it'll start sometime in January. I don't have the exact date, but we have to make sure that all the systems are a go, and so we have vision testing equipment in all of the regional test sites. And you can also go to your optimologists. And our friend here is going, he's going to the doctor today.
Speaker 2: I've never called Chip sobo of friends, So what are you doing?
Speaker 6: I love you, Chip, He's a good friend, a partner to us. So but anyway, he's going. And you have to comply with your doctor, your eye doctor, complete the form. You can save it and do it online, renew online. Can't take it to the region.
Speaker 1: Okay, because that was my question because I do it online. I just haven't mailed my license to you, right, So I was like, how do I do that if I need a vision test? So that answers my question. I'm not going to ask you why are we doing this now? I'm going to ask you, how has this not been part of this? Is like giving referees an eye vision test? Right, Like, wouldn't that a basic? A basic thing? You to drive, you have to be able to have good eyesight? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking why you're doing it. I'm like, how has this not been part of the test? Well, I don't know. You have to ask, yeah, somebody else, right, I get it, I get it. I like it.
Speaker 2: I asked White's wife.
Speaker 1: I don't. Yeah, yeah, but I don't. I don't. I'm all, I'm on board with it, you know, I'm like, yeah, no, I mean.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it had to do with Susan Tyler Whitten or not. But she got there and all of a sudden we have vision testing.
Speaker 1: She has bad vision, but she doesn't get it fixed because I have to look at that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, could you imagine have to see this no, okay, walk to the shower every morning.
Speaker 6: I mean, i've got twenty fifteen. I never yeah, but when I was thirteen, my vision went from twenty twenty to twenty two hundred. So you don't know which eight yeah right, I mean that's why they say everybody's got to do it. It's not just older folks, it's everybody. At no, I've got lay six okay, so I can I can see I can almost see through your shirt, which is.
Speaker 3: Very really, say, drink it all in there, Bill Bell, drink it all in Bill Bell, drink it all.
Speaker 1: In the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Also, construction doesn't stop on the highways, right, so we got to all through the holidays, whatever's happening. Let's make sure you slow down. Those are not suggestions when you come up on it and say, there's like a speed thing that goes fifty five miles an hour through here at forty five.
Speaker 6: Posted speed limit is usually fifty five on the interstate. So we've had two incidents where one of our employees down in southeastern Kentucky he was hit by a vehicle. This guy said he didn't want to wait, so he drove through the car nipped him in the arm, so he's he was injured. And so this gentleman was the first one. I believe that he had some stiffer penalties. So he's on a twelve month probation.
Speaker 1: Is this on the rolling roadblock? No work? Okay?
Speaker 6: Got So there's new. There's stiffer penalties now, just passed last session. Maybe I don't know if Susan had something to do with that, but I don't know. He gets there and all this stuff happens, right, But anyway, so there's stiffer penalty. This guy's on a twelve month probation. If he gets a speeding ticket, he loses his license because of that, because of hitting somebody. It could have been it could have been a lot worse.
Speaker 1: Those people are in a hurry, you know. It's like the people that I see, I don't see it as much as anymore because they make those crossings on the railroad tracks a little bit more difficult to do that nowadays. But how many times you've seen somebody go through that and you're just like, are you that much of a hurry? You're gonna beans are getting stuck.
Speaker 6: We have to exercise a little more patient there's no doubt.
Speaker 3: Well correct me if I'm wrong on this. It's also law has been passed. It used to be if you see a police officer law enforcement that has somebody pulled over on the interstate wherever it might be, get in the.
Speaker 2: Next lane, move over. It's a wall. But now listen, I forgot uh.
Speaker 3: Brian Johns from Mosby Records gave a statistic about how many record drivers are killed daily. Oh my god, go and it was unreal. But now that that wall has been upgraded to everybody, if there's a car on the other road, no matter what, if you if you if you can't.
Speaker 1: You can move.
Speaker 6: You were if you're in distress or your car is having problems and you have to get off, put your flashers on, put your hazard lights on. And people are supposed to slow down and get over. So if they can't get over, they definitely need to slow down. And so because you just don't want to get into the left lane without looking, you know there could be cars over there, so you want to make sure it's safe to get over, but definitely slow down.
Speaker 1: Bill Bill with the Execky Office Byway Safety. Also just as dangerous is driving slow in the left lane.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, what's the slow life?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it. Do the speed limit if you're going to do the left lane, that's all I'm saying. Well, you know you're causing problem.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you are gonna drive extra slow in the left lane, have your turn signal on at least for the entire route.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: The right lanes are called driving lanes. Yes, and the left lanes the passing lane. That's not you're in Ohio, which I probably shouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: I probably should.
Speaker 2: Well, they caught in Ohio, Bill.
Speaker 6: We've got friends in Ohio.
Speaker 1: I'm probably should That's hilarious. That's I don't know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you got all right?
Speaker 2: One last question? Uh Christmas? Bill Bell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to go out of town. You got to go in the laws. This is a safe space. Anything bad you want to say about the in laws, you're staying here and they can't use it against you.
Speaker 6: We will be here, Okay, we'll be here, and people, I think we've got two parties this weekend, and and actually we have three this weekend.
Speaker 2: And then miserable. It's not bad, it's good.
Speaker 1: How old are your kids? You got four?
Speaker 6: We have. We have four and we've got one riders. The youngest one. He just got his permit. He's now realizing.
Speaker 2: Well, it's tom out.
Speaker 3: So you worked for the Kentucky Office the Highway saying, and you name your kid rider?
Speaker 2: Is your is your daughter named driver?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 2: Man, we love our jobs too. We love our jobs too, but I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Is a sophomore.
Speaker 6: He's a sophomore at and he just started driving, and he's realizing that driving is not as.
Speaker 2: Easy as he thought of.
Speaker 1: No, right, and you gotta know where you're going.
Speaker 6: He actually wrote a paper, a theme paper about texting and driving, and didn't tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Jimp off the block.
Speaker 6: Right there, showed me right before he turned in. He goes, Dad, can you proof of this? And I'm like, yeah, sure, So, oh, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: Was excellent?
Speaker 3: Was he by any chance getting ready to get punished? That he might be buttering up to like get a leanear sentence?
Speaker 2: Maybe now it's all coming there you go.
Speaker 3: See that's what I'm talking about, Phil Bell.
Speaker 2: You got to look through that?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 6: What verse?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: One versus three?
Speaker 1: When he's the youngest, Oh, poor boy. Yeah, man, poor boy, and now you have done no Christmas shop.
Speaker 3: Zero until now you're a shady Ray's perfect space baby today only hear me out on this loved Ones today, only come by by two pair, get fifty percent off after you spend fifty dollars by unlimited mystery boxes, Women's Mystery Box, Men's Mystery Box. Nothing wrong with these sunglasses, They're just last year's bottles. You can get as many as you want for ten dollars and we're talking fifty sixty, seventy ninety dollars glasses, Bill.
Speaker 6: Bill, and we will have a Christmas present after Christmas from the Office of Highway Safety. We have a team driving contest. Oh yeah, yeah, you will download the app and more to come on this. Either the governor, Lieutenant governor, or somebody will be We'll be having a press event on January thirteenth.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna put my wife or my daughter on that because she is a terrible driver. All right, So she pulled out. I was like, did you hit something? Oh yeah, de fence, just miss Henderson fence.
Speaker 6: Well, she won't be eligible for.
Speaker 1: Pride, she won't be eligible for prize.
Speaker 3: Did you hit something the way bargain Supply.
Speaker 1: See thank you Bill Bell from the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Bargain Supply, East Jefferson Street on the New lou area. If you're out shopping about and China, if you like Bill Bell and hasn't chopped at all, get on down there and check it out. That the appliances are in the back. I was looking through some of the we're gonna get rip out of our kitchen, so we're getting new all everything in there. And I was looking at the gas stoves, and they have some cool ones from sixteen thousand dollars and are reported from Italy. These things are amazing. You would not believe to just the regular ge a, manna whatever stoves. They got every appliance manageable. Matter of fact, the best variety in Louisville, Kentucky is at a bargain supply, so you can look at everything. If you go to the box stores they only carry one or two types. This is everybody here at bargain Supply. Check them out, get measure your space, and then head on down under the bargain supply. They got their own parking lot. Yes, Oh, we're gonna get over and get a picture. Thank you Chip. He's sending that to his boss now back after this news radio eight forty wha