Speaker 1: Oh well, des are, hello and welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: This is the Cult of Conspiracy and my name's Jonathan Jacob and today Jacob, My good sir, we are going to get into haunted RELI have you ever heard of the Crying Boy painting?
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 2: This is something that was very prominent back in the nineteen fifties over in Europe. I think it was mainly in England, and it is quite the fascinating story. Whenever you're looking at these paintings, it was it was a guy that was creating them, supposed and there's a bunch of lore surrounding it as far as like what was the ambition for wanting to create the painting and stuff. Some people attributed it to the war, Some people attributed it to orphanages. Maybe this guy was just a sick fuck that loved to see kids cry. It's it's hard to try and find information on him because he had like four different pseudonyms.
Speaker 3: So it is different paintings are one specific painting that may be haunted because as we've got the Google images pulled up here, I see a couple of different one that's like recurring, but they're not all the same picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he made I I want to say, like over a hundred or no, I'm sorry, he made eighty different variations of the painting, and as the lore goes, they're all haunted. So it is quite the pickle that we're going to be getting into here. But uh, but yeah, dude, this is I love looking into this kind of shit, especially since we just did the Dudley Town, Connecticut episode that one I loved getting into. Whenever we're getting into to certain hauntings in certain places that are real sketchy. Now, obviously a lot of a lot of things that people claim are haunted, it's kind of like, uh, it's it's it's an attraction, you know, it's not even so much that it's haunted. You know, you always like to bring up the uh, what is it called the Myrtle's House, So the Myrtles Plantation, right, and you knew the people that were that that lived there, and it was kind of just like a tourist attraction, right.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent, not haunted whatsoever. But the Hollywood people got a hold of it in the nineties and now it's one of the most haunted places in America.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not, well, we are going to touch on it a bit. Supposedly they have a mirror in there that is haunted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something where you could see somebody hanging from a ceiling fan and it's only in the reflection of the mirror where you can see it. Again, my aunt grew up there. That's not true. That's a mirror that they put in the special effects people. There's another room where you walk in and it always smells like lemon pledge because allegedly a slave was like cleaning and like it used to use lemon juice or something in the cleaning agent, and it still smells like it's to this day. It's like or the tour guide just put a sprits in before the next group came in.
Speaker 2: But all right, yeah, yeah, there's always little touristy attraction type things that you can do. But that's not to say that certain places aren't haunted, and it's not to say that certain things aren't cursed. And that's what we're going to get into today, specifically regarding the crying boy paintings that were done back in the nineteen fifties. All right, here we go. So there are stories that stay with you, not because they're full of gore or violence, but because they don't make sense. Stories that leave something behind, a chill, a silence, an image burned into your mind. Today, we're going to talk about one of those stories, a story wrapped in sadness, fear, and flame. This goes super deep into fire and witchcraft and generational curses. And it's going to get weird, dude, because the deeper I looked into this, the creepier it got. And so we're gonna be talking about this painting or these paintings. Now. It's not not just any painting. This one has no moving parts, no glowing eyes, no blood, red skies or demons clawing through the canvas. It's just a child, a little boy, staring back at you with glassy eyes in a single tear rolling down his cheek. But behind those eyes there's something else, something that has terrified families, baffled firefighters, and followed people long after they thought they were safe. This painting has been linked to dozens, some say hundreds, of house fires, and in almost every case, while everything else was reduced to ash, the painting of the crying boy remained untouched, unburned, just watching what started as a harmless piece of postwar art became the centerpiece of one of the UK's most enduring urban legends. It was mass produced, widely owned, and later ritually destroyed. But no one knows where the curse began or if it ever truly ended. So sit tight and whatever you do, don't look away from the crying boy. Damn, it's kinda get saucy up in here, dude, So I.
Speaker 3: Could already tell there's gonna be some images associated with it, whether it's different pictures of crying boys or whatever. And for all of our good cult members that are listening on the audio waves as we speak, if you would like to see what we are talking about rather than just hear about it, Jonathan tell them where they could go.
Speaker 2: You can go to patreon dot com slash Cult of Conspiracy podcast. That link is down in the show notes below. If you want to be able to support us, that is the best way to be able to do so. We have multiple tiers, but if you sign up for the Third Eye All the Way Open tier, you get to join us every Tuesday night at nine pm Central for the Cult Member Live Show. However, we do have other tears that don't involve you wanting to come hang out with us on Tuesday nights. Maybe you got shit to do Tuesday nights. Maybe you don't want to be involved in the conversation. That's totally fine. We have many other benefits that are associated with Patreon, such as getting the shows a couple of days in advance, such as being able to reach out to Jacob and I whenever you want on a literal daily basis, and for me, hey, we got it right. We fucked it up the last couple of times, but we got it right this time. So yeah, it's the best way to be able to support the show, and we appreciate all the good cult members who choose to do so.
Speaker 3: Indeed, indeed, all right now that we got that out of the way, shameless plugs and all this stuff, because yes, we know the commercials are going to be playing, and y'all are gonna be like, oh, I hate the commercial Patreon. Patreon's a way to go for none of those commercials. They suck.
Speaker 2: I know anyway they do suck, and I know that they do get annoying. That that's why we do offer a free version on the podcast. But if you want to be able to support us, we have Patreon. Now, I know plenty of other podcasters that like to do it otherways. Some of you might say, well, my favorite podcaster doesn't have any commercials, they don't have any ads. Well, some of those people are only giving you half the show. They're not giving you the entire show. Sometimes you got to sign up on their website or on their Patreon or whatever to get the entire show. And we chose to go about it a different way where we wanted to give the entire show. It's just gonna have some commercials with it. If you don't want to listen to local ads or any of that other bullshit that is playing on you know, the radio stations near you, then Patreon is the best way to be able to get away from that. And we have tiers, dude, Like we have a five dollar tier, five dollars a month for literally twenty five shows a month. Like Netflix is like what it's like fifteen sixteen dollars a month right now? Amazon Prime, same thing, HBO, They're all damn near twenty dollars, if not even more than that. What you can do is help support the show, and the best way that you know how to and it is to go to Patreon five dollars a month, and we do so many shows. And what's great about Patreon is it's not just our shows, it's all of our affiliates that post over there too. So you want to be able to see Josh Monday and Cosmic Peach and Deplorable Janet then and the list goes on, you can see all of them. I think, I think, I think right now, I think, dude, are we putting out like forty five shows a month or something crazy? Whenever you include everybody, it is like that.
Speaker 3: It's it's become a really fun, uh journey, a very fun ripple effect that has grown into a kind of a tidal wave, if you will. And you know what, we're trying to make that bitch a tsunami. We're still going, we're still blowing, We're still trying to even get more affiliates to join in and make this thing even bigger with good time, with the timing, y'all. We gotta we gotta crawl before we can fly.
Speaker 2: Fuck a tsunami. We're trying to create the Great Flood all over again and just soak the entire planet in conspiracy. Baby. So uh yeah, And with that flood. Maybe we'll wipe out a couple of nephelom. Maybe we'll wipe out a couple of unpure breeds. Maybe we'll wipe out the fucking painter who possibly cursed the Crying Boy paintings.
Speaker 3: Yes, and is he still alive?
Speaker 2: I don't believe. So okay, good, yeah, because he was painting that shit back in the fifties, you know what I mean, five years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I dude, I still whenever I feel like I'm talking like back in the eighties, it still doesn't resonate with me that we're talking forty years ago. Mm like that that doesn't sound like it was that long ago, but oh it was, you know. And so we're talking like back in the fifties, Yeah, that was seventy years ago. It's like, e yeah, yeah, he's dead.
Speaker 2: I mean, in the realm of time, it's nothing more than a queaf to the wind.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Some people say fart, but I'm like, that's kind of overused. We'll go full on crief all right. Anyway, Yeah, right out the front. But so, okay, So before we dive fully into this story, I do want to bring up some certain objects that are cursed and are notoriously cursed throughout time, And just to show that this is not a one off kind of situation. People have cursed objects since the beginning of time. People have cursed objects, people have blessed objects. The like objects have the ability somehow to hold some kind of magical powers, whether it's blessing, maybe it's a curse. You know, I personally I wear this necklace rate here. This is called a servitor. This was created by our boy lord Byron Jester, and it's said to encompass my tulpa MARVH. And I mean it could be, you know, just like I believe it. So it is kind of thing, but maybe it actually is going on in there, right, So let's get to it. This is by Mythologyworldwide dot com and they talk about cursed art, the dark stories behind famous paintings. So cursed art refers to works of art that are believed to bear a curse or bring misfortune to their owners or viewers. This concept has intrigued art enthusiasts, historians, and general public alike. The significance of cursed art in the world lies not only in its aesthetic value, but also in the stories and legends that accompany it. Often steeped in tragedy and mystery. This article aims to delve into the dark narratives that surround some of the most famous paintings in history, exploring these tales of misfortune, how these tales of misfortune have shaped their legacies and impacted the lives that is associated with them. So we all know, like looking into especially like a lot of ancient art, it was very occult, Like there's a lot of symbolism. There's a lot of sigillism in certain art, and some people believe that that actually brings to life whatever there is, or whatever there whatever they're trying to superimpose. So if somebody puts, I don't know, let's just say an evil eye on a painting, right, there are many different views of what evil eyes are. You know, you got the idea that you can literally and we'll get into this a little bit later. I don't know, this is like old folk folk life, or I don't even know if I personally believe it. But it used to be said that if somebody glares at you with an evil or negative intention, that could be a curse in and of itself. And so you'll see people walking around with those pendants. The evil eye pendance. It's like a blue it's they got an emoji for it now, But.
Speaker 3: I thought that was supposed to be some sort of sigil of protection. That's a sigil of fuck you.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's if somebody is giving you an evil eye, like an actual your eyes glaring at you, that evil eye pendant will ward off the evil eye. So it is like a like a protector kind of charm.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we're gonna get into the concept of cursed art. It says the notion of curses has existed for centuries, often intertwined with folklore and superstition. Artists, like many individuals, have been have been believed to attract or invoke curses through their work. Historical accounts reveal that certain artists face dire consequences, leading to the belief that their creations were linked to malevolent forces. Common themes and cursed art. So if you're looking for well, you go to an art gallery, you go to your grandma's house. You know they always got some kind of paintings hanging. Maybe you got some paintings hanging in your house. Maybe you want to be able to observe to see if this could be some kind of curse thing. Maybe you have some kind of misfortune, maybe bad luck has just always followed you. Well, it could be in the art, and the best way to be able to find out if it is cursed, Well there are common themes. So is there tragedy, misfortune, death, despair, or psychological torment. So these are the things that you're wanting to look for in your art or in any art to see if it could possibly be cursed. Which does make sense, you know, because that is being represented in a painting. That painting is facing back outward at you and your family and the rest of your home, So there could be something there in that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: These themes resonate through various pieces of cursed art, reflecting the struggles and adversities faced by both the artists and the subjects of their work. And they get to it, they get right to it. This is why I wanted to get to this because this is known as the most cursed painting of all time. This this Crying Boy. So the Crying Boy a painting that brought misfortune. A description, So this is going to be the description of the painting. And its artists. So the Crying Boy is a painting created by Italian artist Giovanni Braggolin. That's one of his four or five names. I should you not We're I think we're going to cover that here a little bit later about how so many different pseudonyms. Nobody knows who the creator was. It's like Shakespeare kind of shit. It depicts a young boy with tears streaming down his face, evoking deep emotional responses. The painting became immensely popular, especially in the UK during the nineteen eighties. So he originally started painting it in the fifties. It became super popular in the eighties. Almost dude, they said that, like such a large percentage of homes in the UK all had this. This was like this is like starry Night, you know of England in that time, Like almost how many people you know with a Starry Night painting in their house? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like it's that way. Yeah, I feel that it's a.
Speaker 2: Pretty popular thing. So so the legend surrounding the Crying Boy suggests that the painting was cursed, as numerous house fires occurred in homes that displayed it. Reports claimed that the painting would remain unscathed while everything else burned, leading to widespread panic and superstition amongst its owners. The psychological impact of the Crying Boys curse led to a cultural phenomena where people began to dispose of the painting and fear. This reaction highlights how belief in the supernatural can influence collective behavior in societal norms. So, and we'll dive a lot more into that. This is kind of just like a precursor to what we're going to be getting into as far as the story of the Crying Boy painting, But another example of it of cursed paintings would be the Portrait of Dorian Gray. So Oscar Wilde's novel The Picture of Dorian Gray tells the story of a young man who remains eternally youthful while his portrait ages and bears the marks of his moral corruption. The painting, a central element of the story, symbolizes the consequences of vanity and hedonism. The curse depicted in the novel serves as a cautionary tale about the dangers of indulgence in the loss of one's soul. It raises questions about the relationship between art and morality, exploring how the pursuit of beauty can lead to one's downfall. You know what this really reminds me of whenever reading shit like this. Why is it that, you know, you go into the Vatican and that weird fucking like painting that they have in the Vatican of Jesus like being pulled down into Hell with all the demons and shit. It's like, what is that evoking?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I feel that one hundred percent. And the whole story of Dorian gray Man, There's been a few movies and a few TV shows that have kind of taken that and spun it in their own way. That is a pretty fascinating tale, honestly, I mean I get it. I understand the whole thing where he would remain looking like he was just this uber wealthy thirty year old who can never age and is always in peak physical condition. But if he was to ever look at the painting itself, he would be consumed by it and it would kill him. And or some iteration say that he would sit and look at it every night and like just contemplate all of his life's actions and all this stuff. It's a fascinating tale, really.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, dude, that is it is pretty wild. So many artists have struggled with similar themes of immortality. In Moral Decay, the narrative of Dorian Gray resonates with the lives of those who have faced the consequences of their artistic pursuits, often finding themselves in moral which is interesting. I mean it, I didn't really look too much into the guy, Like I said, I tried. It's just that he had so many different pseudonyms and he was pretty like unknown. For how popular the painting was, it is damn near impossible to try and find any true, like real in depth information about this guy without it just being lore or myth or stuff like that. And you're you're saying, like this this guy was in the nineteen fifties. We're not talking about the the fifteen hundreds, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not that long ago, but for some reason, shit is just not around.
Speaker 3: That's pretty wild. We're talking about the same time when like Andy Warhol was like doing his thing. This guy was, I would say, arguably maybe not equally famous, not around the world maybe, but everybody in the UK had a print of this guy's art, and nobody knew who he was? Is this like Banksea Dog.
Speaker 2: A little bit? But also shout out to pit native Andy Warhol baby.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, although some people believe he was an alien or something, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe he was, who knows. I mean only I would imagine that only an alien would be able to draw a Campbell soup can in such a way.
Speaker 3: You know, Maybe I just I have a thing for art. I do enjoy it. Maybe the whole thing about the Campbell soup can is lost on me. I don't see that as some sort of like generation defining art piece. The soup can, like that, that's what people lost their shit over. Oh, the red and the white, the label, it's like what, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that one either. It's so weird.
Speaker 3: It's not like that would be I wouldn't consider that fine art. But then again, I guess I'm just a plebeian when it comes to that sort of thing. I don't know. Van Go, I get Monet, I get uh, you know other things that Andy Warhol has done. Salvador Dolly, I get a hunter saying maybe I like some of them, Maybe I don't whatever, But like I can at least understand this was a true artist that made this the soup can I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, yes, and it's super weird. But getting back to this guy, you know, it's like I said, it's hard to find any real information on him, so we don't necessarily even know his fate. Did he suffer from the curses of painting it on so many canvases itself? Now, he didn't paint every single one of them, obviously a lot of them were reprint and everything. But it's the meaning behind it. It's it's why you did it in the first place. Were you trying to invoke a curse? Were you trying to invoke some kind of fear or sadness or whatever? You know, Like, dude, a picture is worth a thousand words, and just by looking at a little boy crying, I can't imagine that's going to bring too many people tears of joy, right.
Speaker 3: Right, right? But I mean that's the part, right It's it's how does the art make you feel? And the fact that ink or oil or something like that on a camp is able to invoke emotion from you, Like, that's what makes it art. Like one hundred percent, I get this, Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, but it's always back to the intention, Like it always goes back to the intention, and you know, and we're going to get into how people could have possibly cursed these items and these paintings and relics and shit like that, because that's what I'm int too. And I feel like, hey, if we're trying to really understand it, let's understand it. But there are a couple other paintings that I do want to get to here as far as possibly cursed cursed paintings. So another one would be the ghostly presence of the hands of the hands resist Him. So the Hands Resist Him is a painting by Bill Stoneham, which we're going to read a little bit later because I just found that I didn't even know that that was a thing. It features a young boy and a doll standing in front of a glass door, with disembodied hands reaching out towards them. The eerie composition has captivated and disturbed viewers alike. This painting gained notoriety in two thousand when it was listed on eBay as a haunted object. Listen this, this is crazy, like this is some wild out there shit. So the seller claimed that the painting had caused strange occurrences in paranormal experiences, leading to increased interest and fear surrounding it. The fascination with haunted art reflects broader cultural interest and the supernatural. Many are drawn to the allure of the unknown, and the hands resist him serves as a prime example of how art can evoke fear and in and intrigue through its backstory. So we're gonna dive a little bit more into that one later. Like I said, these are all just precursor type stories, just to show that like this is this is something that has happened. Now, I'm not gonna say it's very common. I can't imagine that it's very common all the people that have paintings and nothing ever really happens. But for the ones, the shit does happen. This is what we're bringing up. Yeah, how about the Curse of the Mona Lisa.
Speaker 3: Sir Okay didn't know the Mona Lisa had curse associated with it.
Speaker 2: The Mona Lisa, painted by Leonardo da Vinci, was stolen in nineteen eleven, leading to widespread media coverage in public outcry. The theft and subsequent recovery of the painting contributed to its legendary status, but also birth missed myths surrounding a curse. Various myths claim that the Mona Lisa brings bad luck to those who own it or exhibit it. Some believe that misfortunes befall those who attempt to replicate it or who are too closely associated with it. Despite the alleged curse, the Mona Lisa remains one of the most visited paintings in the world. The legend surrounding it only adds to its allure, demonstrating how cursed art can enhance public interest and engagement. So this is where you get into now. I don't believe that da Vinci was trying to you know, I'm not sitting over here saying that he was trying to curse this object just to get sales. I don't think that. But there's oftentimes attached lore to certain things that will bring a lot of attention to it. And who knows, I mean Mona Lisa. I didn't know that it was cursed, but you think about it. That's why one of the most one of the reasons why it's so famous is because it was stolen. That's why the value of it was through the roof, because for some reason, anytime there is a like a story attached to a work of art or anything like that, the value of it increases exponentially. There was actually a movie that was made about it, like last year as a Kevin Hart movie on Netflix. But yeah, it's pretty wild.
Speaker 3: And that's how it goes the value of something. Yet it's in the eye of the beholder. Right of an item is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. I get it, that's economics one oh one. But the story typically makes it what it is. Like. For instance, you ever seen pawn Stars, Right, You'll see this guy come in with a Civil War era cavalry sword and he'll want to sell it. Okay, well, was it at some famous battle? Was it owned by somebody fame? No, I was just a captain's sword. He was in garrison. He never saw combat. Okay, best I could do was like four hundred bucks. Now if you tell me that this was Colonel Custard sword and he was carrying it into the Battle of the Little Big Horn and all the oh no, no, Now this is up a little bit more. The Mona Lisa was already a famous painting. You know, it was already exhibited in big places and it was worth a lot. But the fact that it was stolen, Oh yeah, no, that absolutely added to the to the price tag.
Speaker 2: One oh yeah yeah. So, and we have two more here that I wanted to read. I skipped over one of them. It seemed kind of lame, but we were just talking about starry night. Here's Van go right, So the enigmatic death of Vincent van go So. Vincent van Goh is one of the most celebrated artists in history, known for his vibrant use of color and emotive brushwork. However, his life was marked by immense suffering, mental illness, and ultimately his tragic death. Van Goh's struggles struggled with mental illness have often been viewed as a curse that influenced his artistic output. His pain and turmoil are palpable in many of his works, leading to a complex relationship between his art and his mental state. Van Goo's tragic life has left an indelible mark on the art community, inspiring countless artists and advocates for mental health. His story serves as a poignant reminder of the challenges faced by creative individuals and the societal need for understanding and support. So I wanted to bring that one up specifically because we're talking about this guy. I mean, he was I remember hearing all the stories about Van Go. He was just always in anguish, He had some mental illnesses. There was always like something wrong with him, and maybe that's what inspired Maybe that's what inspired such amazing creations. You think about artists in the music industry, people in Hollywood, people who are writing novels and stuff like that. Usually if they can connect to it emotionally, that's where you're going to get people that actually become interested in whatever it is that you're creating. Because the human emotion is a lot of times it's hard to really express in words. But if you can express it in a story, you can express it in a motion picture, in a painting, whatever, people connect to that and relate to it. And so my question is is that all right? Van Go? He created a lot of amazing paintings, but some of them were kind of dark, like Storry Knight. That's everybody's favorite, right, like everybody loves Storry Knight. But then there's other paintings that were really like kind of odd. You know what I'm saying, and I wonder if there's anything attributed to anything attributed to that in people's homes as far as you know, Like I'm trying to remember one of his paintings. It was like a guy that was just standing there. Maybe it was edg Allan Poe as a matter of fact, but either way, I think that any what.
Speaker 3: Is it you said, edgra Allen Poe?
Speaker 2: You mean van Go, then go. I get them confused all the time.
Speaker 3: But I was a self portrait of him that was very famous, and it was on one side because he had already cut off his ear or something like that, and that's why it was such a thing. Yeah, he was like the quintessential tortured artist on percent and like he died pinionless, he didn't become famous until.
Speaker 2: After his death, that's right. Yeah, And so you see that a lot of times with artists, especially right, like it's it's something that for some reason it wasn't, it wasn't for that time that he was alive. Then it becomes famous and popular over the course of time, more time has passed and more people get eyes on it, and you know how the story goes. But so that's one example. The last example we're going to bring up is the haunting legacy of the Scream. Remember the Scream? Right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, famous painting for sure.
Speaker 2: So Edvard munches the Scream is an iconic symbol of existential angst in human despair. The paintings, vivid colors, and haunting figure convey a deep sense of anxiety and turmoil that resonates with viewers on multiple levels, which his own struggles with mental illness and personal loss are reflected in his art, including the Scream, the painting, and bodies of the artists emotional battles, creating a powerful connection between his life experiences and his creative expression. So, I mean, dude, look at that fucking painting. First of all, why would you want that in your house?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, some people really like that kind of aesthetic, you know. And look, I'm a metal hit. I understand wanting kind of a dark and ominous aesthetics in some of your home and like art pieces and stuff. I get it. Okay, cool, cool, cool, There there's a limit, you know what I mean, especially if like I got kids running around the house and stuff. I don't want a bunch of scary shit on the walls. I would like my house to be a place of peace and a place of love and community and all that. Some people do not feel that way. Some people really enjoy making their house look like some sort of a dark museum exhibit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I get it. You know, we all have a little artistic flair. We all have certain things that were drawn on to more than others. That's what makes us individuals. But sometimes you just wonder if there's some kind of emotional connection that is encased within said art here. So I figured, you know, let's go the esoteric and then we'll also go the religious route as far as depicting curses and whatnot, generational curses and evil spirits and shit like that. Right, So this is by Catholic dot Com. I know you're not a Catholic, but eh, whatever, it's a somebody asked a question and it said, I feel a strong sense of evil from certain objects in our home, to the point that I cannot look at them without making a concentrated effort to do so. Is it possible for objects to be cursed or attached to evil spirits? And if so, what can I do to combat this? The father Vincent Surpa of the or One of the Catholic churches. I don't know which one he goes. Yes, objects can be cursed just as objects objects can be blessed. I suggest that you dispose of the objects that bother you. So, in his book called Interview with an Exorcist, Father Jose Antonio Fortia writes that objects should be burnt. Which I wanted to bring this up specifically because we're talking about houses that caught fire, and these things were never catching fire, right, So how do you burn the unburnable?
Speaker 3: See, I don't I'm gonna be that guy here now, Okay, if a house is haunted, you're gonna burn it down. Listen, where the spirit's gonna go next. They don't go back from whence they came. Okay, they go to a new place to inhabit or whatever the case is. If an object, however, is cursed, I don't feel like burning it would be the best option. I'm more of the type that thinks you should throw it in the lake, you know, or throw it off a bridge somewhere, and like let it be at the bottom of a water source of something like a water is seen as a holy substance, you know what I mean. And it's the likelihood of someone else finding it and bringing it into their home and the curse continuing is a lot less burning it. Yeah, it's more final, but it's not like you just got rid of the demonic force by setting it on fire. That's kind of a demon's playground that Maybe that's just me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this isn't the first time we've heard it. We've had our boy, he's an exorcist, demon eracer, right, he comes on, and he talked about how he felt the calling from God and he kept on getting the messages in the Bible and stuff like that, talking about how he should burn all of his video games and movies and you know, action figures and shit like that that were possibly evoking some kind of evil entities, right, and so he was told what he believes whenever he you know, just so happened to flip the page and the Bible kind of thing, and it was said for him to burn it. So he went out and burned all of that. And so it's not unprecedented as far as you know, the traditional way of expelling spirits or whatnot. But I almost wonder, is it, you would think? And I like the way that you just went as far as water goes, how about instead of burning it, why don't you just reverse it and bless it? You know what I'm saying, Maybe throw a little holy water on and pray over some water, throw some holy I don't know, just hypothetically here.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. But then that's the thing. Then people get real specific about, well, how do you make holy water? Well, you have to go to a Catholic priest. I don't personally believe that. I think that a sanctified person can bless things and make it whatever. But then it's like, oh, well, that's not the quote unquote correct holy water, or that's not the correct sacrificial oil or whatever the case may be. Right, it's they get real particular about it. It's crazy like, whenever there's an exorcism that needs to happen, we gotta call Catholic priest because they're the only ones that could expel demons. My boy, No, absolutely incorrect. But that's just like it's one of those things that it's been and culturally spoken of so many times that it's become what a lot of people deem to be truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could just be the lore that's carried on through the centuries, a type of thing I don't know I have, and I've talked to you about how, not necessarily that I blessed anything perhaps, but basically that I was just holding the like a bowl of water, and I just tried to connect to it in a certain kind of way. I saw people doing it on the internet, and supposedly whenever you put that bowl of water, after you put your thoughts into it, you put it into the freezer, you take it out, then you'll see like some strange images that you wouldn't think just a bowl of water would make. And so I do think that it's absolutely your connection to that water. It's the absolute thought that counts. Now, if you're talking about expelling demons, you might want to go to psalms or some shit and just pray over it in that way. But yeah, it is. It is weird, like the memory of water and the ability of water. I mean, there's something to it. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. But I also believe that, and again just on my particular set of religious beliefs and dogma, the Lord that I worship gave all of us the authority to cast out demons in his name. You don't have to go to uh, you know, the the what's it called the priestly schools. You don't have to go to the synagogues, and you don't have to go to theology school and begin get a doctorate in theography and like no, no, you literally, in the name and authority of Him can cast out demons. That's he said so very plainly. But I know there's a lot of people that don't agree with that. If you didn't go to seminary, then how do you think you have the authority to do shit? Well, because I don't claim the authority of a church, I claim the authority of a savior. Like that's I know, I know, dogma's changed denomination to denomination. I'm not trying to shit on anybody. It's just that's kind of how I how I've interpreted them myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and that's that's absolutely one way of doing it. And I will say that even people that aren't Christian or aren't religious at all will also say, yeah, prayed in the name of Jesus. That will help get rid of it. As a matter of fact, there's this guy that we had on Meta Mysteries, A couple of weeks ago, his name was he was a magician but also like an exorcist kind of thing. And his name he goes by El the alchemist. Fascinating fucking guy to talk to. And what he said in there was and now he's somebody who's into demonology and you know, the dark and the light, magic kind of guy. And whether that vibes with you or not, I'm just giving one person's testimony here. And he said that, you know, if he's trying to go into a house to perform some kind of exorcism, it depends on whose house it is that will determine who he calls on. So if he goes into a Christian household or somebody who believes in Jesus, or maybe he just got a certain flavor for that type of stuff, he'll go in there and he will expel the demons in the name of Jesus or in the in the name of Yahweh, or maybe you'll call on a specific angel or something like that and he goes. Conversely, you can if that person doesn't have a religious affinity, what you can do is that you can call on his words, not mine, he goes. You can call on Lucifer. He goes, it doesn't matter who you call on. You can call on Jesus, you can call on Lucifer. I'm not suggesting it. This is just his words again, but he says, it doesn't matter who you call on out of those two characters, the job will get done regardless, and he's seen it done plenty of times. That's his words.
Speaker 3: We've had multiple guests come on this show, and they've even people who are not believers as a matter of fact, will say they and they can't understand why, but demons do have to flee in the name of Jesus. I don't know why they do, but it's a whole thing. And I've even asked, like, so if you if that's true, and you've acknowledged that to be true, why are you not like trying to live in that truth. I don't get. It doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Well, people look at it in different ways, though, and so it's you know, obviously there's the new age of people like me. There are people that are into magic and witchcraft, and they in certain people just look at things as thought forms and energies. Not necessarily the demons that are depicted within the Bible per se, so certainly. So you know, I've I've brought up before about the demons of the Goetia, and there's a lot of like folklore kind of shit associated with demons, ancient demons, new demons, you name, it doesn't matter, but whenever it comes to that, And I asked him, I was like, why would why would the name Lucifer work at expelling demons? And he goes, well, I'm gonna be real with you, a lot of so called demons are just using that as somewhat of a title. That all it is is basically like this negative trapped energy that associates itself with a demon, whether it's a specific demon or not. He believes that it's just negative energy that is trapped and that it is not even necessarily like an old lost soul, but it could just be a negative energy that has manifested itself in one way or another. So that was his explanation as to why even calling on Lucifer would expel demons, because sometimes they're not even demons, it's just negative energy. It could be like think about ghosts, like are ghosts demons? I mean, I know you don't necessarily believe in the ghosties.
Speaker 3: But both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there are a lot of people that do believe in ghosts, and so, you know, and most of the time, a ghost is always associated with whoever died in that house, or whoever committed suicide, or you know what I mean, you know the stories. And so are those lost souls now demons? I don't know if you can call them that. You would probably just call them like, you know, negative lost energies or entities or something like that. So maybe that's why calling in the name of even fucking Lucifer would work, because you know, he was at one time a beautiful angel. So I don't know, I don't know enough about it. That's just the story that I heard, I feel you, So all right, now let's get to the actual story here. As far as the haunted legend of the crying boy that won't burn, this is gonna get really strange. Okay, So this is your boy, see what I'm saying. Rate here. He already has two names, Bruno Amadillo and Giovanni Braggolin. There was like two or three more names also associated with him. But anyway, that's him painting this Rate here just seems like a very elderly kind of guy. This was in the fifties. He was elderly then, so he's probably dead, right, Yeah, unless he was able to encase himself into one of these paintings, and that's how he's haunting people.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Hey, maybe that's why they won't burn bro Maybe maybe how do you kill the dead kind of thing?
Speaker 3: Right? Apparent? Well, yeah, I was about to take it to a zombie place. But anyway, moving.
Speaker 2: On, So it starts like, oh, by the way, the name of this website is called artwalkway dot com. Okay, it's imagine this. You're sitting at home glancing at a painting that's hung on your wall for years. Maybe it's a sentimental piece, or perhaps you just like the way it fit in the room's decor. Then one night a fire breaks out. In the chaos, you notice something strange. The painting, the one you've always had, is untouched by the flames, while everything else burns around it. The very image on your wall, seemingly innocent, becomes a symbol of something dark and unexplainable. What would you do next? Would you destroy the painting or would you dismiss it as a bizarre coincidence. What if, like many before you, you learned that the painting you cherished is believed to carry a curse, a curse that brings misfortune and mysterious destruction. The legend of the Crying Boy painting raises these unsettling questions. The chilling stories of homes consumed by fire with this only, with only this particular painting left unscathed, prompt us to question whether these events are just urban myths or something more sinister. As you read through this haunting tale, take a moment to reflect, what would you do if a simple work of art carried with it the weight of a curse. This is the kind of psychological mystery that has surrounded the Crying Boy for decades, igniting fear in curiosity. I guess this was written around Halloween because it says as Halloween season looms, which in this house, it's always Halloween season, baby, that's how we roll, no doubt, except for one of its Christmas season. There's a time and a place, but anyway, it's time to turn our gaze towards the eerie and unsettling quarters of the art world, where stories of haunted paintings and cursed creations continue to spook even the most skeptical. For this article on cursed artworks, we're diving into one of the most infamous and widely feared art legends of the twentieth century, the Crying Boy paintings. This tale isn't about a single cursed art work, but rather an entire series of portraits that inexplicably survived house fires and left the trail of destruction behind them. The legend of the Crying Boy Paintings is more than just a curious urban myth. It's a chilling reminder that even the most innocent looking artwork can take on a life of its own. Noo, here we go, And I'm not gonna lie, dude, Like researching this kind of shit, maybe I just woke up kind of in a little haze. Maybe I just didn't have enough coffee. But doing this research this morning, I don't know, I got this weird like sensation even doing this like even and I'll tell you what, like it kind of just gave me like this weird like vibe even researching this kind of shit. That's that's kind of the dangers around researching this kind of stuff, because now you're trying to get into the mind of the actual story rather than just listening to it. And even whenever I was doing research for it, dude, I got a fucking virus on my computer. Now I was able to get rid of it with relative ease, but it was like, of course, there would be a virus associated with a cursed painting that I'm researching, right, Yeah, so very strange, but it's.
Speaker 3: Very possible that there's more to it. Brow Does curses only go as far as physicality goes? Or can the Internet have cursed articles as well?
Speaker 2: I think information can be as cursing as material objects.
Speaker 3: Why not? Right?
Speaker 2: So here are the haunting beginnings of the Crying Boy legend. It all began innocently enough. In the nineteen fifties and sixties, Italian artist Giovanni Braggolin, under the pseudonym of Bruno Amadillo, created a series of mass produced paintings featuring young children with large, sorrowful eyes and tear streaked cheeks. These paintings were simple but emotive, their subjects often staring directly at the viewer. These prints, known as the Crying Boy series, became wildly popular in post war Europe, especially in the UK. In an era still haunted by the traumas of war. These melancholic images found a place in many homes, perhaps reflecting a shared sense of loss and vulnerability. However, it wasn't long before these paintings became notorious for something far more sinister than their melancholic subject matter. This was written in a newspaper called The Sun, and you can see it right here. These people their house burned down and they're sitting next to the fucking image.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's the one thing that survives. That's like their only possession left. So they're keeping it.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, that's very strange, it says. By the mid nineteen eighties, reports began to emerge that homes containing the Crying Boy paintings were catching fire under mysterious circumstances. Were still firefighters reported a baffling detail. While entire homes were reduced to ashes, the paintings remained inexplicably untouched by the flames. The first widely publicized instance of the curse came in nineteen eighty five, when The Sun, a British tabloid, ran a chilling headline blazing Curse of the Crying Boy picture. The article recounted the story of a fireman in Yorkshire who claimed to have witnessed numerous fires where the only undamaged item in the charred ruins was a Crying Boy paint. According to reports, in some cases, the entire wall around the painting had been scorched black, but the artwork remained eerily intact. Soon readers across the UK began coming forward with their own terrifying tales. More and more homes that displayed the Crying Boy painting had mysteriously gone up in flames, and the owners were quick to attribute the cause of the cursed image. The media frenzy reached its peak when the Sun Encouraged. The Sun newspaper article encouraged frightened homeowners to send their Crying Boy prints which the paper, which the paper promised to burn in a mass bonfire. Thousands of copies were reportedly destroyed, but the legend of the cursed paintings only grew stronger. So this this newspaper article, the Sun was accounting for all of the all of the paintings that were you know, all of these house fires were in right, and there was like, look, let's just try and fucking burn it all. We'll get rid of all of this negative insanity. This isn't like I said this saint during the Salem fucking witch trials. This is the nineteen eighties, okay. And so the sun, which is funny, even the symbolism rate there is calling to burn all of these images, all of these paintings, right, and so it burns a lot of them. Okay, all right, case clothes, wipe our hands clean. The curse is broken. Yeah, or you thought, or you thought, sir. So this is where we get into the power of the media and the birth of a legend. While the paranormal elements of the Crying Boy legend captured the public's imagination, the media played a pivotal role in spreading the curse narrative. The Sun tabloid, known for its sensational headlines, was instrumental in fueling the story's wildfire spread across the UK. Stories about the painting quickly escalated, with the readers contributing eerie accounts of unexplained fires they linked to the artwork in the nineteen eighties. The nineteen eighties saw a resurgence in supernatural fascination, making the public particularly receptive to stories like the Crying Boy Curse. This era was a golden age for ghost stories, ufo sightings, and haunted objects. Popular television shows, books, and films increasingly delved into themes of the paranormal, Reflecting a broader cultural curiosity about the unknown. The Crying Boy paintings, with their emotionally charged imagery, became an ideal target for a society hungry for the supernatural. Much like the modern Internet phenomena, the legend took on a life of its own, feeding off of public fear into the irresistible thrill of a curse. In this climate, the Sun and other tabloids thrived by amplifying public fears, merging fact with speculation to create stories that captivated and often frightened their readers, and the nineteen eighties appetite for mystery and fear ensured that the Crying Boy became not just an urban legend, but a cultural phenomena, blending art with the supernatural in a way that continues to fascinate today. So was this psychological or paranormal? Who's to say? Right? So, this are some of the possible explanations behind the curse. It says, despite the dramatic stories of the unexplained fires. Skeptics and psychologists have offered more rational explanations for the Crying Boy phenomenon. One of the most common theories involves the varnish used on the prints. Some experts suggest that the paintings were coded, were coded and a fire retardant varnish, which could explain why they survived when everything else around them was destroyed. Okay, all right, so that's why the painting wasn't catching fire. That answers that story. But how about all yeah, but how about all the homes that still went up in flames and they all had this you know, there's still that facet of it. So on a psychological level, the curse may also be attributed to confirmation bias, the tendency for people to remember details that confirmed their existing beliefs. Once the idea that the Crying Boy paintings were cursed took hold, homeowners who experienced fires were quick to attribute their misfortunes to the painting, further fueling the legend. So now are people just trying to hop on board it's a popular thing to say, uh, or are they actually believing in it? And does it even matter if you believe in it? Or not. You know, just because you associate yourself with the painting in your house fire, does that necessarily mean that it's the painting's fault? Or are you just trying to grab headlines or you're trying to look for some kind of supernatural reason as to why your house caught on fire in the first place. Regardless, all of these houses are still catching fire.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of a Okay, for instance, my neighborhood, just throwing it out here, was not built with the best quality. Okay, it was built by a bunch of people that were trying to build as many houses as as they could, as fast as they could. We have had a few house fires that have started in this neighborhood, mostly due to electrical issues. Some were because of negligence or people error. But just in the realm of hypothetical and storytelling here, let's say that we had there's a one thousand houses in this neighborhood. Let's say that twenty percent of them were to burn over the course of the next five years. That would be substantial, right, that's a lot. And then let's also say that each one of these houses had a I don't know, a picture of a Florida leite. Okay, we're in Louisiana. That's a very common image and sigil and whatever else for this area. Nothing out of the ordinary here. To walk into a home and see a picture of a Florida lee on the wall would be very normal. But if everything in the house burned except for that picture in every one of these homes, yeah, I would say there's probably something extra going on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean a lot of times science can't explain the supernatural. And that's kind of the point right here. Is that all right? You know, science can say, well, yes, there was some kind of some kind of cover ointment that they were using on the painting, and that's why I didn't burn. Sure, okay, And I mean, first of all, I don't know how common that is. I don't know how many paintings think to do or painters think to do that to their paintings, or I don't know how many people who are selling a lot of these paintings for public retail in consignment stores or convenience stores or wherever you're getting these things at. I mean, maybe it's common practice, but we're talking about the nineteen eighties like this.
Speaker 3: It were also prints. They weren't originals, so why would they have the varnish? Right, Prince doesn't need that, right.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't think, right, I mean, and think about it like this. And of course, all throughout the seventies, eighties, nineties, two thousands, a lot of people's houses were burning down because of lit cigarettes, right, people would fall asleep with a cigarette in their hand. And so eventually was like two thousand A, two thousand and seven, two thousand and nine, somewhere in there they came out with the the FSC cigarettes as the fire safe cigarettes, right, But that wasn't until like two thousand and eight. We're talking about fucking nineteen eighties up in here, and the original paintings were painted in nineteen fifty. I can't imagine this guy would have had the forethought of this, Like who thinks, oh, I better coat this and some kind of fire retarded in case it gets it goes out in the fire, Like who's going to hold a flame up to a painting in the first place?
Speaker 3: Right now? One hundred percent, I agree with you, that's that doesn't exactly check out like on paper. Yeah, well, it's because they were protected with some sort of varnish. Okay, that sounds good looking deeper into it, that doesn't make sense. Dude. I know people that have art hung up in their home and it looks like a painting, but it is a recreation, right, It's a print. There's no varnish. It's in a glass frame. And you could have that conversation, but it's not. That is not how that goes.
Speaker 2: Man, right, right, So, just to finish out this article, it says additionally, the disturbing imagery of a crying child may have played a significant role in how people interpreted the painting's presence. The sight of a distressed child triggers deep emotional responses, particularly feelings of sadness, fear, or vulnerability. These emotions, combined with the eerie circumstances of the fires, may have heightened people's fear of the painting, creating a perfect storm for superstition. Okay, you know, look, we can hypothesize this six ways to Sunday, but the fact of the matter is a lot of those houses had these paintings. The paintings never burned all the houses did, not all of them, but of like a pretty high percentage of them. Right, Like, what did I I think it was like in the eighties, aunt amount of houses that burned down with this picture in their house, around eighty homes. And this is only in the UK. By the way, UK is not like massive, you know, it's pretty big, but it's not the United States. Like if you would have said that, you know, eighty houses burned down in the United States and it was you know, one in Idaho, one in Massachusetts, one in Florida, one in Louisiana, like you'd be like, Okay, that's kind of weird. But you know, statistically speaking, it's possible, I suppose, right, but you're talking about eighty in just the UK. That's kind of weird.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what the infrastructure looked like in the UK in the eighties. I don't know if they were like trying to increase their power grid and they were in these older homes, these two hundred year old houses that the wiring was done shittily in and so when they tried to up the amperage in the grid, they had random electrical fires everywhere. I don't know. But like, even with all levels of skepticism and like kind of going along with the narrative that I can throw on this the fact that everything burned except for this one painting. Yeah, this is beyond fucking.
Speaker 2: Weird, supernatural for sure. So here's a couple more facts about the guy. The painting in some of the homes, So the Guy. The first one that brings up is that the artists used the pseudonym the Crime Boy. Paintings were signed by Giovanni Bragalin, an Italian painter who didn't really exist. The true artist was a Spanish painter named Bruno Amadillo, although he was thought he was also known to go by franshat Seville on occasion. Amadillo was one of the most mysterious artists in the mid nineteen nineties. He painted over sixty portraits in his Crying Boy collection from the fifties through the through nineteen eighty, with each printed, reprinted and widely distributed through mass productions. The prints became very popular, with over fifty thousand copies purchased in the UK alone. The Crying Boy series was the only artwork of Amadio's that saw success. However, it was a double edged sword for Amadio, as the images depicting horror, suffering, despair, and longing for The and longing of the innocent also brought about speculation of abuse. Many questioned many questions whether Amadio specifically frightened them talking about the kids, terrified them, and then painted them, with some even going as far as to liken Amadio to the devil himself.
Speaker 3: So I'm just I don't know this yet, and maybe we're going to get to it. But look at your boy, creepy. You're telling me he did a series of crying boy paintings. Like it wasn't just one that got famous, it was a bunch of them. Yeah, I'm gonna just go and ask the uncomfortable question. Here was the boy a pedophile? Is that what this was? Was he painting his victims?
Speaker 2: You know what? He's kind of giving me vibes? So of have you ever seen that movie called Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Yeah, then he kind of looked like, oh, what was his name from Back to the Future, Doc Brown? His real name?
Speaker 3: Oh no, don't don't put Andrew Lloyd Webber in this one. Man.
Speaker 2: Well, I think because I mean and who Framed Roger Rabbit? He kind of had a face like that with like you know, those those those glasses that you go out in sunlight and then they turn into sunglasses and he had like this weird smile and the same shape of the head, even the hair like super reminiscent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks like a creepy old fuck. And to know that that's the guy as we're looking at his face right now again everybody Patreon dot com, slash Cult of Conspiracy podcast, this guy looks like a creeper. And you're telling me he got famous for painting a bunch of crying, young, prepubescent boys. I don't know this for a fact, but it wouldn't shock me as if we go down this list and we learn more about him that he's like a confirmed pedophile and like that was the inspiration for all of this that a one hundred percent checks out at this time. Bro.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing is that it wasn't just one boy, over sixty different portraits of his crying boy collection.
Speaker 3: What it fuck?
Speaker 2: It's fucking like, what a strange affinity for seeing little kids crying, the want for innocence.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I'm starting to see a pattern here, big dog.
Speaker 2: Look at this face. Look at this face. First off, why would you want this this sad little tearful face. I have a son right now, he's about this age. It breaks my heart to see him crying like this. Even if I'm the one that just got done punishing him, if he you know, was doing something that he wasn't supposed to do or whatever, it still breaks my heart, you know, Like nobody wants to be able to see this. And so it's just really weird that not only how how many people bought it fifty thousand copies in the UK alone. Not only that, but the guy who was painting them, just what a weird addiction?
Speaker 3: Uh, a creeper. He looks like a diddler.
Speaker 2: He do look like he kind of gives off Joe Biden vibes. Actually you think about him. Look at him, bro, look at him. Yeah, he's motherfucker. This motherfucker smelling kids.
Speaker 3: Oh guarantee, he's smelling kids.
Speaker 2: There's no question. So there there's a bunch of lore in myth that is associated with this. Like I said, this seems to be shrouded in mystery. It's hard to get any surefire facts about this, but it says according to Amadio, the guy the subject of one of his paintings was a little street urchin that he came across in Madrid in the nineteen sixties. The young boy was a mute orphan with a sorrowful expression that instantly captivated the artist. Amadillo had stopped to paint the child when a Catholic priest came over to issue him a stern warning. He said that the boy named Don Benillo had run away after seeing his parents die in a fire. Whoa who I got chills off of that. So he's painting a fucking little boy, an orphan who is running around, he's crying. He's over in Madrid and he's he doesn't know what to do with himself. But his parents died in a fire. And then the story that is that unfolds that is associated with the painting.
Speaker 3: Meaning that he can't speak and he won't be able to tell on anybody that did him dirty aka r painter boy or possibly even the priest.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the fuck man. So since then, fires of unknown origin would break out wherever the boy went. It happened with such frequency that he was given the nickname Diablo, which translates to the devil. The priest warned Amadillo against having anything to do with the child. However, the painter ignored him and adopted the boy. He brought don be You'll home to live with him and painted the Crying Boy series.
Speaker 3: WHOA so way it was the same kid, just painted sixty different ways.
Speaker 2: Well not sixty different ways, multiple different ways. But it's not always the same boy.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, because some.
Speaker 2: Of the some of the kids are some of the kids are you know, Hispanics, some of them are black and shit like that. So, but there is a lot of this specific boy raid here who is supposedly the kid that he took in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's also a massive red flag to me at this time, just saying and.
Speaker 2: Then you're making money off of this little boy crying, like, uh, okay, let's let's just hypothetically look into this. Let's say this story is true. Again, it's hard to prove these kinds of things, right, A lot of myth somehow leaks its way into history.
Speaker 3: Do we know if this kid's still alive because he was a child at the time and all this, like is he still kicking or did he burn alive in a fire somewhere?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get to that, we will get to that. So yeah, but it's it's strange because, all right, I know, little kids cry all the time. My son cries every fucking day, usually if he drops us pacifire, you know what I'm saying. It doesn't take a lot to elicit tears out of a two year old. But that being said, this guy created so many different variations of this boy crying. It makes me wonder did he catch a new angle every single time or is he always referring back to the one time that he saw this kid crying? Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So how about this Amadio the painter his studio and apartment caught fire.
Speaker 3: Well, Diablo strikes again.
Speaker 2: The unique relationship between the painter and his favorite subject came to a sudden, fiery end when Amadio's studio and apartment mysteriously caught on fire. He lost everything, and as a result, Amidillo was ruined. He remembered the Priest's warnings and accused the boy of starting the blaze. He kicked him out and never saw Don Benio again.
Speaker 3: So you took in this orphan kid only to kick him out, which I mean, to be fair, the priest did tell you that fires start wherever this kid's at So maybe this kid's a pyro like, maybe he's the one that started the fire that killed his parents. Maybe there's all this kind of stuff. But like, if he is a true, certifiable pyromaniac.
Speaker 2: He's like fucking two or three years old.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, that's true too. It's called baby proof in your house, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what are they two foot tall? And I'll just put it up on the counter.
Speaker 3: For real.
Speaker 2: So the situation continued to worsen from a deal when reports of the Curse of the Crying Boy painting started to spread across Europe. His fame quickly turned to suspicion, and he became known as a jinx. No one wanted to look at any of his paintings, let alone commission him to paint something new. Of course, you got all these stories associated with it, and how strange is this fucking story unfolding? But u so did the subjects suffer a tragic death. Unfortunately, Don Benio's life ended much like it began. The Little Boy in a blaze of fire. In nineteen seventy six, police responded to the report of a car crash on the outskirts of Barcelona. The car exploded after crashing into a wall. When officers arrived on the scene, they found that the driver had been burned beyond recognition. He was the only one in the car at the time of the crash. Police officers searched the glove box, which survived the fire, and found a part of his driver's license. The name on the license revealed the victim to be Don Benio. For many, the fiery manner of his death served to add validity to the Crying Boy curse.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, So he did grow up, you know, he got to at least young adulthood of nothing else, only to die in a fiery car crash.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, dude. Right. So, and then it gets into how the Prince surved this. One says sixty house fires. I read eighty house fires. Like I said, it's hard to get solid facts on this, but so. The first reported house fire occurred at how at the home of Ron and Mary Hall in Rotherham in nineteen eighty five. The fire destroyed everything on the first floor of their Terraced Council home save for one item, a printing or a print of the Crying Boy that hung on their living room wall. During the fire, the painting fell from the wall, landed face down, and strangely was only slightly charred. Though the cause of the fire was found to be a chip pan, which is like a deep frying pan and says that overheated and burst into flames. The couple became convinced that the painting was cursed and that it, not the pan, was to blame for the destruction of their home. The Halls were not alone in their experience or theory. Many similar fires followed, with homes and even a pizza parlor falling victim to the curse. Despite starting from typical causes, each fire left behind a crying boy painting, the curse evolved to cause injury and death, with some people reporting accidents after purchasing the print. Many others were horrified to find that they could not burn it when they tried.
Speaker 3: That was gonna be my next point. Why didn't they just test the theory and try to torch the painting, Like, go outside, make a fire and see what's up. Now. The theory at that time would be, oh, it's printed on fire retardant paper. Yep, no one's doing that for a painting. If anything, the ink makes it go up like an inferno.
Speaker 2: And even still that far it's fire retardant. I mean, yeah, there are certain things that what is it the fire retardant clothing that you got to wear in the plants and stuff like that. Right, if you blast it with a flame, it'll eventually catch fire, I would imagine, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, fire retardant does not mean fire proof by any means. Okay, it gives you a few more seconds, if not a few more minutes of maybe not getting you know, completely burned alive yourself, but it's not like you're gonna come out unharmed. I have no mixes right now in the closet. If I go outside with a regular lighter, not even like a buttant torch, a regular lighter, yo, if I sit there and put the flame on it, unblowing away or whatever for like a solid minute, it's going to catch. Now it's also gonna catch and probably go out quickly, you know what I mean. It's not like it's gonna take off and do its own thing. But it's like the more you wash it, the less fire retarding it is. As well. There's like there's things to this one hundred.
Speaker 2: Percent right, it's more fire resistant instead of fire proof and so, and that's the thing. Like you think about the heat that is coming off of house fires, I mean that is it takes firefighters fucking a long time to put out house fires, right, So that is a scolding, fiery inferno, and the paintings just barely get a little char That's weird, the fuck man. So and then it gets even weirder. So the firefighters failed to explain why the paintings didn't burn, because yes, it did have that protect it, but it still should have caught a little bit right. So fire service investigators or investigations pointed to discarded cigarettes, overheated chip pans, and faulty wiring, leading firefighters to believe that the house fires resulted from human carelessness rather than a supernatural curse. Rotherham fire station officer Alan Wilkinson personally logged fifty fires where the Crying Boy painting survived. He personally was there for fifty of them. WHOA, that's strange. So Wilkinson was skeptical, but could not explain how the artwork survived the flames. His wife, on the other hand, had her own theory. I always say it's the tears that put the fire out. Ooh, the tears on the little boys putting the fire out. Holy shit.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fucking wild, dude.
Speaker 2: Whoa this, dude, I'm getting so many chills reading all this. So Wilkinson's disbelief in the curse did not save him from some superstitions. When presented with the framed print of the crying Boy upon his retirement, he politely declined the gift. The widespread panic eventually led Chief Divisional Officer Mick Riley of the Yorkshire Fire Service to issue a statement meant to debunk the curse. This is the statement. The reason why this picture has not always been destroyed in the fire is because it's printed on high density hardboard, which is very difficult to ignite. His statement did little to convince the public, however, neither did the fact that the paintings were often of different children and even from different artists. How about that, right, So all right, you're gonna say it's on hardboard, sure, sure, but shit still catches fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the words to catch fire would catches fire cardboard, even the very condensed one that you would use for certain things. Yeah, I know it all burns, dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, So just to go back over the sun tabloid. On September fourth, nineteen eighty five, the Crying Boy paintings received the first of what would be what would be six weeks of news coverage with an article titled Blazing Curse of the of the Crying Boy, published on page thirteen by a British tabloid newspaper called The Sun. It detailed the harrowing experience of the recent victims of a house fire, Ron and Mary Hall. A follow up article on September fifth brought new terrifying stories from the readers that claimed to be victims of the curse in addition to fires. In addition to fires, injuries and deaths, some accounts included supernatural occurrences, with readers allegedly or alleging that they saw the print sway from side to side on the wall, or that it returned to the place after being destroyed. What okay, that is really weird. So the soun article also claimed that the firefighters believed in the curse, despite conflicting statements by the fire service. So that was just lip service from that from that police chief or the fire chief, right, and so he was just like a calm down, it's not real. It's just hard bored. Meanwhile in the background, they're like, Yo, that shit is fucking cursed. Get that thing away from me, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, maybe the chief was just like the ultimate skeptic. Everybody else that's catching the calls for these fires and actually putting it out are like, dude, no, there's something weird here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, it says readers were captivated due to a wide reaching audience. Awareness of the Crying Boy curse spread very quickly. The sun fanned the flames, no pun intended with additional articles, each more sensational than the first. By the end of October, panic reached an all time high, and many looked to the Sun for an answer. Okay, little sun warshipld be there. In a sense, this.
Speaker 3: One tabloid is what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm just saying the symbolism is weird, Okay, Okay, So the paintings, as it the the news article called for a mass burning of all these paintings, right, because it got so entrenched. It was the main newspaper that was talking about this. It was talking about it for months, and so The Son's editor, Kelvin Mackenzie, credited as the father of the Crying Boy curse was the one to announce enough is enough, folks. If you're worried about a crying boy picture hanging in your home, send it to us immediately. We will destroy it for you, and that and that should see the back of any curse. Soon. The Bouvier Street office of the Sun was overrun with crying Boy paintings stacked twelve feet high in the newsroom, spilling out of cupboards and entirely filling up a little used interview room. Readers had sent in about twenty five hundred copies in total.
Speaker 3: Bro Ver, get that shit out of there for the new studio burns down, Holy.
Speaker 2: Shit, straight up. So Mackenzie, the editor had to scramble for a solution to destroy all the paintings. Eventually decided to burn them in a mass bonfire near the River Thames. Does that say that Tames? Yeah, In a highly publicized event on Halloween. The paintings burned under the supervision of the fire Brigreat Brigade. They burned it on Halloween.
Speaker 3: Bro I mean, listen, what listen? I am obviously not the h the symbolic symbolism sigil, magic cult guy of the two of us, but even I know that's fucking stupid. Okay, that just you're asking for it at this time.
Speaker 2: What are you trying to release it to the other side when the veil is at its thinnest. Why would you want to do that.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, they are a tabloid, right, and if they were gonna do something to sensationalize it as much as possible, Yeah, Halloween burning of cursed images and things like that. I get the lore, I get the eye draw of it. But even still, if you're doing this because this many people are that scared of it and there's been that many house fires associated and all this, like, maybe maybe hold off for a week. That's just me.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. But anyhow, The Sun put on an article with the headline Crying Flame that claimed the curse was dissolved once and for all. It offered readers a reassuring quote from one of its police officer chaperones that said, I think there will be many people who can breathe a little easier.
Speaker 3: Now. My god. It's a nice testament, it is, But dude, you gotta think that cop and I don't know if that cop who said that actually believed in the curse or not. He's probably some like twenty year veteran of the police force of Scotland yard right, and he's he's seen a bunch and done a bunch and he's over here halving to like do street patrol for some sort of burning of a painting because people think it's cursed. And he's just like, yeah, I believe the people will be able to sleep a little easier now, And like in reality he's probably thinking to himself like this is so fucking stupid. I can't believe I have to work overtime for this shit. Or was he like, yo, I'm actually really tired of answering these calls for house fires. Like, look, I genuinely think people will be able to sleep a little easier, and we hope this is the end of it all.
Speaker 2: Who knows, I mean, it could be everything. Really. Maybe he even believed in it. I mean, as it said stated earlier that a lot of firefighters believed in it. Now I don't know if the chief believed in it himself. Doesn't really go into that, but you know, I mean just think about you know, certain firehouses. Those dudes are like brothers in there. You spend so much time. I mean the people that work at fire stations, they're there all fucking day, dude, you know, and a lot of them are volunteer. They don't get to spend a whole lot of time with their family. So essentially their co workers become like their family. So if you're spending that much time around people that are going and putting out like member, that one police chief, that one not police chief, that one fire chief, that one fire unit went and put out fifty of them themselves. And so you would imagine getting a call, hey, we got a house on fire. You go in there, you see the painting. Oh that's weird, No what, no big deal whatever. You go in there and see a second one. Okay, that's kind of strange, a little bit of coincidental, but whatever. You go see fucking fifty of them, you're gonna start to believe. Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I'm with you. Fifty of them where everything is gone except for that one painting. Yeah, Like, even if you're not superstitious, you would become superstitious at that point.
Speaker 2: You might be like Steve Carrell in the office, I'm not superstitious, I'm a little spitious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, just a little bit. I like that.
Speaker 2: It's all it takes. I mean, instead of this day, I won't step on a crack. You know what I'm saying. I love my mama, Oh my god, I love it. So the next thing that they bring up is that the materials may have had something to do with it. So after the mass bonfire, talk of the curse died down, but never really went away. British writer and comedian Steve Punt investigated the Crying Boy series in a BBC Radio four production called Punt Pie or Punt Pi. Some years later, Punt purchased a Crying Boy picture, then was inexplicably delayed on his destination several times before attempting to burn the print With construction researcher Martin Shipp. The two men found that beyond the string, the artwork didn't really burn. Punt and Ship surmised that if fire retardant varnish was used. The test also explained how the string holding the painting on the wall would burn and cause it to face down on the floor. Another investigation suggested that Amadillo's use of a compression board could also explain why it was so difficult to burn. Okay, Okay, I don't think that that expels all of the weirdness that is attached to this by any means. But you know you're looking at the string that is holding the painting. You know he had some kind of hard compression board. But remember he wasn't the only guy. Amadillo was not the only guy creating these paintings. A lot of people at the time they saw how popular these paintings were, and they're trying to create the artist's rendition, right, So explain those We're all of those on hard compression hardboard.
Speaker 3: I doubt it, no, no way, any Again, even if it was dude, that's still flammable. Yeah, it takes a little longer to burn. Sure, it's a denser material. It's not flame retardant.
Speaker 2: Not flame retardant. Right. So the final thing we'll read on this article, By the way, this is a fucking awesome article. This is by listverse dot com. It says, so the curse became an urban legend. Despite the various attempts to debunk the curse, people have continued to believe, leading it to become a full fledged urban legend, one that has expanded to include paintings by different artists. For example, the portraits of Scottish artists and a Zinkesen similarly feature crying girls and boys, and have often been attached to the Crying Boy curse. Season three, episode four of Weird or What With William Shatner explained the legend of the paintings. As recently as twenty twelve. Different online groups also popped up, which as the Dutch Crying the Dutch Crying Boy fan Club, but many have since disappeared. However, a forum on the Unexplained Mysteries website is still open for viewing. You can also find talk of the curse on social media. On February second, twenty twenty two, Hansbury Hansbury Arms Haunted Hotel and Museum posted that they currently have several crying Crying Boy paintings on display, proving that this urban legend isn't going away anytime soon. So, of course it is esoteresis my kind of People argue that when an artist paints a portrait of a person, part of their soul is sealed in paper. People have created plenty of legends and lore about cursed paintings, some of which black magicians could even seal the person himself or tie his life to the portrait. In the case of these paintings, the faces of these children reflect them wide open eyes, full of tear, resentment, despair, misunderstanding the viewer's heart breaks looking at them. So it's quite possible that the picture after its completion retained this energy and through the painting, these small sitters took revenge on those who hung their images at home. But it's just legend, right, Wow, I fuck, I love it.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's multiple people that do believe something like that. That's why certain tribes will not let their pictures be taken, because they believe that a portion of their soul gets captured in the picture itself. And that's not like a new concept. So I didn't know there was esotericists that believe that paintings could also do the same thing, because it's like, how good is the artist? Right? If it's like if it's especially like a super realistic type of painting, you see people get like curricatures done but don't look anything like them. Sure, then you also see certain people that get curricatures done and it looks identical. So I mean, maybe there's some sort of like nuance to that but these were ultra realistic prints.
Speaker 2: Well, and think about it like this. So certain people will get tattoos of maybe, you know, their kids that passed, or their mother that passed, their father, their dog, you know whatever, right, And a lot of people say that they feel they you know, they feel for the loss of course, but that that person is always with them in the tattoo. And so I don't know, maybe it's just hearsay. Maybe it's just like a you want to believe it's so it is kind of thing. Maybe it's actually going on. I mean, we don't know what the fuck is going on down at the quantum level. You know, we don't understand this matrix fully yet.
Speaker 3: We do not. God, that's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So now we go over to another website right here. All right. So, in looking and researching this topic, such as the crying boy painting and a lot of the other ones that we were talking about earlier, certain cursed objects, I was wondering, you know, like, what are some of the ways to find out if you're cursed or if you're hext or if an object around you is cursed or hex or something like that. What would be good ways of trying to get to the bottom of it to see if that's really what it is, or maybe you just having an off day, Right, everybody has off days where you think, oh, that one thing that really just fucked my whole day, or you know, does it follow you? Do you have a dark cloud around you a lot more than you think you should? Right? Yeah, And so maybe it comes to generational curses. So it says, have you been feeling physically or emotionally drained lately? Do you keep experiencing a string of bad look or broken relationships? These could be signs that you've been a victim of an evil spell. Let's take a closer look at the physical and spiritual curse symptoms to watch out for. So physical symptoms if it's your if you are the person that is cursed, you might experience unexplained illness or pain. You would experience fatigue or exhaustion, headaches or migraines, digestive issues, insomnia or disrupted sleep, or sudden drops or rises in blood pressure. When negative energy is present in your life, it can manifest in physical ways. If you're experiencing any of these symptoms and can't find a logical explanation, it could be a sign of a hex or a curse. There are also spiritual symptoms such as negative thoughts or feelings of fear, a sense of being watched or followed, recurring nightmares, bad dreams, or sleep paralysis, a feeling of dread or unease, a general sense of negativity or unhappiness, suddenly making bad life decisions, or being surrounded by bad people. There are also unusual occurrences that are attached to this as well, So if you are cursed or hex, then maybe you're experiencing this weird shit. So strange animal behavior such as birds hitting windows or cats acting aggressively. Dude, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Remember that one cat that I used to have, a black cat. His name was Juju, and he was a good cat. I found them on my porch one day, sweet little baby, I got him. I think it was a couple of weeks old whenever he first showed up on my porch. And one night I was I was a single man. I was living alone. You know my daughter, I had her every other week, but I just didn't have her that week, so it was just me and the house and how many dogs. It was just the cat, right, and I'm somebody. I'm like a fucking vampire, dude, Like I want to be in the dark at all times, especially at night, Like I just just you know, you don't have all of the light blaring into your eyes. The day is winding down. I don't need all those lights on. I want to sit in the dark and relax, maybe watch a show, play little xbox, do whatever.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And so I'm sitting there, I'm sitting on my recliner one night, and my cat Juju literally out of nowhere. I haven't heard of him. I haven't heard him scurry or walk around or anything like that in hours. I just assume cats are always off doing their own fucking thing, right, Dude, out of nowhere he comes. He leaps from the couch onto my face, claws my face and will not let go. Oh this out of nowhere. This is like I didn't say, I didn't even know where the fuck he was for the last couple of hours, but out of nowhere. I'm in the dark, I'm watching TV and he just comes and claws at my face for no specific reason. Maybe what we're talking about, maybe there was some kind of curse, maybe there was some kind of hecks and being is that. You know, we talked to all kinds of people. We we've talked to witches, We've talked to magicians, We've talked to wizards and all of the spiritual, like who knows. And it could be something like as simple as an ex girlfriend getting a little petty, right, she's like, how do I get this motherfucker back?
Speaker 3: You know, that could be away the dark side for help. I mean, the crazier shit has happened, for sure, But I mean, as I think with cats especially, it's hard to tell. Cats can be assholes, and they could just jump at you just for no reason and then like look at you, like what and just walk away. That's also very much within the realm of possibility. But sure, I will say Juju didn't do that kind of shit. He kind of chilled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very unprovoked and and it was very out of nowhere. He was always a sweet cat and just one day he decides to be this asshole. It was like two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: Now, when you say clauw like fucked you up? Like or was it like he just clenched on and like wooden leg go because he was scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like leapt onto my face from the couch. I don't know if you remember, like the layout of my living room back in Louisiana. But I had the couch, and then in the center of the living room I had a recliner, and so I would always sit in the recliner. That was like, that's the man's seat, is the recliner, you know, And so I would always sit there. It was like a fucking six foot jump he had to make from the couch. Leapt from the couch onto my face was predatory. That was some predator shit. Yeah, yeah, so I don't know. Very weird. Another unusual occurrence that might happen is broken glass or objects that seemed to break for no reason, missing personal items or important documents. Jacob, we were just talking about that before the show.
Speaker 3: Or indeed, although it has been found. Oh good, the text message.
Speaker 2: Anyway, all right, so you're not cursed?
Speaker 3: Good? No, No, I'm not cursed. I got any curses I have have been because of my own stupidity, let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Very well. Another weird occurrence might be a bad omen such as black cats. Oh, it's funny, we're just talking about that, such as black cats. Crossing your path, or an unusual number of shooting stars.
Speaker 3: Shooting stars are an ominous thing.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I never heard about that until right now.
Speaker 3: So Disney lied to us that whole when you wish up on a star. Yeah no, no, that's actually a bad omen. That's not a good thing. That's supposed to be like fallen angels they over here having us wish to them.
Speaker 2: Well, think about what is it paramount with the mountain and all the stars on top. You see all the stars coming down to heaven and then they all encircle around the mountain, right Like some people say that, Well, that's Hollywood showing you that they're using fallen angels or they're you know, in some kind of way, so really strange. Another weird way or another weird occurrence would be threatening letters or messages, bad weather such as sudden thunderstorms or hail. Okay, you know, and I feel like any one of these things happen, you're like, okay, whatever, not a big deal. I mean, it rains, you know, sometimes you cross a black cat whatever. But if you get multiple of these, you might be starting to question the reality you living of if you're cursed or not another one is having a run of the worst luck you've ever experienced. We've all been there and feeling like your life is on a downward spiral no matter what you do. So I know a lot of people that definitely believe that bad luck just follows them no matter where they go. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all, As they say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know some people like that as well, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, So that's just a little bit that I wanted to get into. Now, how curses come and demons enter? This by Actually, this is a Christian thing. It's Christian dash Faith dot com. So anybody that is of the Christian variety, this would be for you. Maybe it says curses take root in the same way that demons enter. It may be that in the case of some curses, demons don't go inside the person, but somehow attach themselves to them. Anyway, The important thing in either case is to destroy the legal ground through which Satan's demons get access to afflict, harass, and torment people. It is often helpful to know the main ways that the demons get into people. In order to get the demons out, we usually need to know what it was that gave them the legal right to enter in the first place. Then by renunciation of that thing and by determined faith in God, we can, with God's authority, command the related demons to leave. The demons will be forced to leave. Demons cannot just enter people anytime they want to. They need a legal opening to do so. Knowledge of the things that open the door to demons will also give us the knowledge of how to keep the door shut on them. It is also necessary in order to maintain our deliference. What is the point of getting demons out if they're only just going to be let back in shortly later. So generational curses and I really wanted to bring it up for this one because I always hear you talking about generational curses and generational blessings. For sure, Let's see what the Old Bible got to say about it, or at least people you know that are well read into it says demons very often get into people while they're still in their mother's womb. Idolatry and occultic sins are transmitted to the third and fourth generations of those who hate God. That's from Exodus twenty dash three. Demons have a right to enter the unborn babies of those who are under such curses. It is through demons that curses are transmitted from generation to generation. This may not seem fair, but it is a reality. We inherit both good and bad from our ancestors. But because of Jesus, we can break out of the curse and come into the abundant life of God's children. Some people are a certain way because they have been demonically oppressed all their lives, even from the womb. People can think that it is part of that it's part of them, but it really isn't. They can be freed. I personally needed much deliverance from spirits associated with false religion of freemason. My great grandfather was a high level Freemason and the curse associated with that did affect my family and I. After deliverance from this, my spiritual life was able to go forward and I had much more peace in my walk with God. There was definitely a spiritual struggle when some demons had to be coughed out of my system as I came to the Lord Jesus for deliverance, Which is funny that kind of checks out with what demon eraser was talking about highly suggest all the good cult members go back and listen to that one. That one was that was a deep that was a deep cut from demon Eraser. I can't wait to have him back on.
Speaker 3: We need to, man, and I honestly, for god, we had did an episode with him until you had brought the name up. We gotta have that conversation again.
Speaker 2: Love that guy.
Speaker 3: And I mean again, I'm not saying that every freemason out there is doing demonic practices. The majority of them were just guys that are trying to have a group to belong to. You know, it's only at the higher tiers and they realize and learn more about the inner workings when it's like, okay, no, this is a full on cult. But at that point, you've soaked thirty to thirty five years of your life into this organization, and it's very difficult to walk away from because like that's your boys, that's your family, that's your people that like when you have a barbecue going on, these are the guys you call when when one of your family members is sick. These are the guys you call to help out and like pull resources together. It's it's difficult for people to leave something they've dedicated that much of their life to it. I get it.
Speaker 2: Oh, very similar to even like doctors, you know, if they discover that holistic health is the way that they really want to go, but they've already sunk so much money and so much training and schooling and everything into it that they have no choice but to follow through. And what they don't believe to even be the true like realistic health nature of humans of humanity in a sense, right, but they're almost forced to and so kind of similar to the Freemasons, It's like, once you put in so much time, dude, you're in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The same with motorcycle clubs. I've known quite a few guys that were like a part of the one percent lifestyle, right, and they were outlaw motorcycle members or club members, and whenever they left it, it's like, yeah, but that's my entire friend group, Like that is my that's my group of brothers. Like when kids got a birthday party. These are the guys that show up when like I'm broke down the side of the road. These are the guys I'm calling. And to leave that is literally to ostracize yourself from your group. And like it's it's very difficult to do, man, I get it, dude.
Speaker 2: My grandpa, so my mom's dad, was a part of a one percenter biker gang club thing club and club. I'm sorry, let's be official here. And you know, everybody always thought, like man, I thought that once you were a part of that one percenter type of club that you were, you were in it for life, that you couldn't get out, And so everybody was questioning like, what did you do to get out of that? And it was always hush hush every time we brought it up. He never wanted to talk about it like it was. There was a there was a version of him that we saw, and then there was also this other version that he never spoke about.
Speaker 3: There's ways to get out, like in good standing kind of thing like retirement if you will, or something like that, but it really depends on the levels you've gone to in the name of the club, like a lot of them. If you have ink that like you've gotten in that you have to get a blacked out or removed right now. There are certain exceptions to that rule where they allow you to retain the ink, but that is very very rare, and it also depends on the amount of knowledge that you have on like past crimes committed or something like that. It's it's like an insurance policy as well. It's yeah, it's it's supposed to be an entire life that you dedicate to that organization. The same way with the Freemasons. You're supposed to dedicate your life your oaths when you join. If you speak of anything that you see or learn in this let your tropy slit ear to ear, your tongue cut pull from cut out and dropped into the bottom of the Jordan River. That's like one of the things that you say upon your oath when you join. There's like, there's levels to this shit. And that's not just saying fancy words. You're basically throwing a curse on yourself if you ever dot dot dot and so yeah, to say that there might be some sort of hereditary curse that's associated with it, especially if you get up to the higher levels and learn that forbidden and secret knowledge you mean that demonolic knowledge and that sigil magic knowledge, Like, oh, absolutely, that will affect your bloodline.
Speaker 2: And maybe he got out clean and free and maybe he was just retiring, but just the fact that it was never allowed to be talked about how he got out, which I don't know, you know, but I mean, hey, I was. That's a that's a soft spot for me because he always told me that whenever he died, that I was gonna get his fat boy Harley, and then his fucking wife went and sold it and pissed me off.
Speaker 3: Although I gotta say, I have mad respect for your gramps for keeping his mouth shut about it, because that's how you're supposed to Like, that's the way it goes. And like even if it was out on good standing or out on bad standing, if it was some sort of a situation like that, Like, Yo, even years after the fact, he's still not talking about it. He's keeping it ten toes down, even after he doesn't have to anymore. Yo. That's fucking respect.
Speaker 2: That's a real one. That's a real So. Anyway back to this deliverance, it says like many Indian people, even from believing families, need deliverance from the curses associated with the idolatry of their ancestors. For example, I've heard of new believers in Fiji of Indian origin needing deliverance from spirits of the monkey God, which their ancestors worshiped strange monkey like manifestations occurred when this spirit was confronted. When you read between the lines and the Bible, you can see how certain sins come down to generations. Solomon was born of David and of Bethsheba. Did you say that got Shiba as Sheba? A relationship which began an adultery, And so Solomon's love for foreign women became his downfall. He had seven hundred wives and three hundred concubines, and his foreign wives led him to led him into idolatry Rehoboam I say that ye, Solomon's son also had plenty of wives and concubines, though he was a man of more modest means. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob all had a problem with lying and deceiving. Abraham and Isaac both lied saying their wives were their sisters. Jacob deceived his brother and was later deceived by his own sons. Concerning Joseph, even God's men can be vulnerable to this kind of generational character flaw. This is not to say that a man is forced to sin because of his sins of his parents. Hezekiah was a good example of one king who refused to follow the ungodly example of his father and Jesus Christ. All can be freed from the chains of generational and cultural sins and live in the perfect will of God, but often deliverance is needed before this can be realized. So I just wanted to bring this up because I know that certain people are going to look at this from all perspectives. I you know, I the more time and the more years that we put into this, I realized that my perspective is not the only perspective, and so I don't like to necessarily push people into believing what I believe. I don't think that by by getting somebody else to believe what I believe adds validity by any means. And I think that a lot of people probably do think that. But you know, I like looking at all the different perspectives here because you know, you're going to have people, I mean, we have thousands of cult members all across the world who are looking at it from many different perspectives. So I thought this would be a kind gesture to include.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, bron I appreciate that. And to that point, yeah, there is all kinds of examples in the Old Testament, especially of hereditary curses happening in these good and wise and noble kings and people that are like, you know, seen as like biblical hero right and touronic heroes. I'm probably mispronounced that heroes from the Torah, I would say, tronic. I'm probably you know whatever. But beside the point that we're flawed individuals and we're committing grave sins, and now those sins have been etched into the history books as a part of their whole story arc. But yeah, God could still use them in spite of and in some cases because of their iniquities, you know. And I feel like that's kind of the entire point to be inspired by that and to think that nobody is beyond repair, like no sheep is too far gone that the shepherd can't find them and bring them back kind of thing. But yeah, hereditary curses are a thing. And if you identify and discover that you do have a hereditary curse that you're suffering from, you should do everything in your power to fight against that. As a matter of fact, and I know this is going to piss people off. I myself am a divorcee. Divorce can be a hereditary curse. How many people do you know that are like third generation divorcees. You tell me that's no kind of hereditary curse of some way, shape or form. Now, yes, I understand that there's nuances to every situation and not all couples are built the same. I get this, I get it. But you then see that one kid come from a horribly divorced home that does everything in his power to make it work with their wife or their husband because they don't want to do that to their kids and all. It's like, there are ways to break these types of hereditary curses. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, and you know, I never went through a divorce, but we teetered on it, you know, like we were we were almost there. And maybe that's because you know, my mom was divorced to my biological dad, right, like she married him for the wrong reasons, just because she got pregnant, found out she didn't love him, and you know, the story ended, and so maybe that was something that was even trailing me. There's just no way of knowing.
Speaker 3: And I don't say that with any kind of shape or animosity. So my first wife, okay, she came, we would make the fourth generation of divorces and when we got together that was like a whole thing, like we are not gonna get divorced. We are making this work because this and this and this. You look at my parents, let my grandparents, you look at all my aunts and uncles, and dah da da, we have to make this work. That was what we got into the marriage with that type of mindset. Well, time change is people, doesn't it. And here we are. But my goal is to try to instill in my children and show how bad that can be and why, ay, you shouldn't get married at nineteen years old, cause you have no idea who the fuck you are at that time. Your spouse has no idea who the fuck they are, and you have no idea if you're gonna be the same people in five years, let alone forty five years. So like, maybe get yourself established first, Maybe get your career path lined out, Maybe get your house in order before you invite someone into that house. You see what I'm saying. I'm hoping that I can teach them that and break the curse on their generation. But at the end of the day, once they are adults, that's gonna be on them to do, you know, And that's that's kind of a part of.
Speaker 2: It for sure.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean and the like it. Like I said this, and like you said, this is not to judge anybody. Everybody goes through some shit. Nobody ever want nobody goes into a marriage wanting to get a divorce. It's just like you said, I mean, some people you grow and you you're growing in opposite directions. Maybe you didn't even date that person for long enough to really understand who they truly were type of thing. There could be some adultery, there could be some cheating or you know, beating and stuff like that. So obviously there are reasons that make it okay, Like there's no doubt about that, But sometimes it just be like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm glad you said it like that too. I hope people don't think that we, you or I individually or us as a group, come at any of this with some sort of air of judgment. Good, I can promise you and assure you I have none to fucking give. Okay, I've I have learned my lesson about throwing a rock in a glass house, and trust me, my house is made a very very thin glass, So no judgment to be had.
Speaker 2: Here for sure. So let's it gets into a bunch of other things that are also associated with it, like rituals of non biblical religions and secret societies, sins of omission, sins of commission. We're not going to read all of that. I just really wanted to get to the nitty gritty and definitely associated to what we're talking about today, such as idols and cursed objects. Here we go, So any object associated with idolatry can bring demons into a person's life. We need to be careful about bringing back trinkets from third world nations that may be associated with gods, fetishes, or magic. In any way, any object with supposed a cult power or a cult tick power brings demons to the owner. Some symbols, like the Yin and yang symbol, the upside down broken cross used in witchcraft, and the peace movement all have demonic connotations and can open the door for demons. I don't know if I agree with.
Speaker 3: That that peace symbol right, the circle with the line and the triangle and that whole thing that like the seventies, the hippie peace logo apparently is the upside down broken cross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't know about that one. I was talking about the yin and yang symbol. I don't know how you could associate that with the demon.
Speaker 3: So, and this is not this isn't Jacob, This is in Jacob speaking on behalf of Jacob. I am going to say what certain pastors that I have heard give sermons on sigils and symbols and stuff will say about this. Right, So, the ying and the yang, that is a earthly symbol because it's saying that within every good there's a little bad, Within every bad, there's a little good. As Christians, we believe that God isn't all good. The yin and yang does not apply. Therefore it is a human construct. Therefore it is of the earth. Therefore it is not of God.
Speaker 2: Okay, to each their own. I understand, I understand. I don't agree with it, but I understand, all right.
Speaker 3: Right, But with that being said, philosophically speaking, I understand the ying and yang, and I don't look at it like some sort of a demon sigil by any means. I may disagree with it for a religious symbol, but as a cultural and philosophical understanding of how people are and how life can be. Yeah, I'm with it one hundred percent. I get it.
Speaker 2: I mean you could even say that the cross is idle worship, right Ah.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, if you're idolizing the cross as the symbol rather than what the cross was for and what the purpose of it was, then yes you can. I would say, Well, I mean just like churches leaving, like everybody wearing a cross pendant and stuff like that. I see where you're going for sure, But.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about like people who get tattoos of a cross or a cross necklace or you know, shit like that. I'm just like, you know, maybe it can be you absolutely you can idolize anything, bro like by yeah, you can absolutely idolize the cross.
Speaker 3: Although it depends on if they are getting that tattoo or whatever to remember the sacrifice of Christ or are they getting that tattoo to have some sort of a prideful ooh look at me, I'm so Christian, Because then at that point that's incorrect. You see what I'm saying. It's about what do I test the spirit? As some might.
Speaker 2: Say, no doubt, no doubt. So not only is it paintings, some paintings that can be cursed or hext you also have real life objects that are supposedly cursed. This article gets into eighteen of them. This is by rancor dot com. We've talked about this object before, Robert the Doll. Remember, we actually talked about this a couple of years ago in Christy's studio, and I don't think the whole episode was about it. I think we just brought it up, okay, but I remember this fucking freaky ass looking doll.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Robert the Doll was a life size companion to a young boy named Jean Auto in the early nineteen hundreds. Several stories about Robert's origins and how he became cursed have circulated throughout the years, but the most common is that Jean's nanny curse the doll after falling out with the boy's parents. After the casting of this supposed curse, Jeane began talking to Robert as if the doll was a real person. Jean's parents said that they could hear their son speaking to the doll all evening, and they could even hear the doll responding in a guttural voice. Jean would also claim that Robert was responsible for various mischievous acts around the house. Today, Robert resides at the Fort East Martello Museum in Key West, Florida. Robert the Doll does. Visitors who have taken their picture with Robert without asking permission, and those who have made fun of the doll have later reported having terrible bouts of bad luck. Robert even receives letters from past visitors asking him for forgiveness.
Speaker 3: Whoa creepy what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, Yes, real shit, Okay, and it's in Florida and flo Rida Yep, damn.
Speaker 3: Florida may be doing that wildest they they do be.
Speaker 2: So how about this one then? Phone number zero eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: A law firm number somewhere or something. I could be wrong.
Speaker 2: Well. The allegedly cursed phone number of all eights was disconnected after three owners of the number died within a decade. The original owner, who happened to own a phone company, passed from cancer, although some rumors claim that the viral or that a rival gave him radioactive poisoning. The number was then passed down to two different men involved in the mafia, who were later gunned down on business trips. The number was subsequently taken out of surface service, and when people curious about the legend called it, they received a message that the number was in quotes outside network coverage. Do with that as you will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would think that like a six' six to six number associated with all of these things would be but, eights, okay, yeah. Alright there's a cult symbolism to the eighth, though isn't. It it's like the infinity, symbol the, Snake idiot's tale.
Speaker 2: Boros, yeah, yeah, okay there could be SOMETHING i don't. Know the next one Is Thomas busby's. Chair So Thomas busby was executed in seventeen oh two after murdering his father in law and another man In North, Yorkshire. England according to the, Legend busby said before his, execution in, quotes made death come to anyone who dare sit in my. Chair what a weird thing to. Say After busby's, death multiple reports arose of people dying or meeting some other tragedy after sitting in the cursed. Chair one man was found hanging outside The busby stoop in like a hotel of sorts after sitting in the, chair and soldiers who sat in the chair During World war two Uh World war two are said to have not made it back home. Alive the chair now hangs from a wall In England's Thirst, museum so that no one can accidentally cure or curse themselves by sitting in. It the museum also displays a plaque with stories on the chair's supposed.
Speaker 3: Victims what the, fuck, Dude, okay.
Speaker 2: Sure cursed? Objects the SHIT'S i? Mean call it. Superstition maybe there's something to.
Speaker 3: It, maybe, oh this. One Fucking.
Speaker 2: Annabelle, Annabelle, yes annabel the. Doll fans of horror, films No, annabelle the haunted doll from The conjuring, Franchise but the Real annabelle is a seemingly, harmless raggedy an. Doll according to Demonologists ed and The Rain, warren annabel is possessed by a demonic energy that attempted to kill its previous owners after taking annabel into their. Custody The warrens claim that people who made fun of the doll while visiting The Occult museum were met with some sort of. Misfortune one man reported even reportedly even crashed his motorcycle after Provoking. Annabelle in twenty, twenty rumors that annabel had escaped from her glass case at The Warren's, museum inspired multiple videos on TikTok proving the doll still has a loyal. Following, so, like here's an. Idea why don't earn that, motherfucker, dude.
Speaker 3: Or in case an in cement and throw it in the bottom of the Tams river or or any, pond any ocean like the chair as. Well why why keep? It what is the issue?
Speaker 2: HERE I i don't, know, DUDE i don't know why you'd keep this.
Speaker 3: Thing same. Thing, Like, yo you're In. Florida just fucking Let, florida, man take that bitch and go to the to The bayou with The everglades and just fucking torch it or put it in the bottom of a, Waterway, like what is the problem?
Speaker 2: Here some people just love the, spooky you. Know some people just want to keep on attaching themselves to. It how about The Delphi is It delphi Or?
Speaker 3: Delphi i've heard it both, ways so you, know dealer's, Choice.
Speaker 2: Okay The Delphi purple, sapphire also known as The Cursed. Amethyst The Delphi purple sapphire was stolen from The temple Of indra in eighteen fifty seven and brought To england By COLONEL. W, ferriss who quickly lost his fortune in. Health his son supposedly encountered the same bad, look and a friend took his own life after coming in contact with the. Gem after, that seemingly everyone who came in contact with The Delphi Purple sapphire met some sort of, misfortune such as a singer who lost her voice after acquiring the. Stone The Delphi Purple sapphire has been on display At London's Natural History museum since two thousand and, seven and the curator who acquired the gem noted that he ran into a terrible storm while it was in his. Car, okay all, right then it brings up the crying boy. Painting of. Course how About Anna baker's wedding.
Speaker 3: Dress let's learn a little bit about this.
Speaker 2: One so it does have so it's in another language up, here Maybe, indian but the translation says unrestored. Love the girl's spirit haunts this wedding, dress causing this dress to move on its. Own all. Right so the Historic Baker mansion In, Altoona pennsylvania shout out is known for a number of, hauntings but its primary claim to fame is the cursed dress Of Anna. Baker according to, Legend anna purchased the dress after agreeing to, marry but her father forbade the. Union after swearing to never. Wed anna was said to dance around the mansion in her wedding, dress and some believe that the dress still moves around in its glass case as if someone were dancing in.
Speaker 3: It that would freak me.
Speaker 2: Out fuck that, shit.
Speaker 3: Dude orchid.
Speaker 2: Torture here's another, one The bassano. Vase. Dude that's What i'm. Saying, like it's not just one or two, things so many things are allegedly cursed here Right like it's you can you make your own ideas about what's actually going on. Here maybe people are just trying to get, famous or people just want to have tourist attractions that kind of. Thing BUT i do think that things can be, Cursed like just on the. Surface do you think that a thing can be? Cursed jacob or?
Speaker 3: Sure, absolutely matter of. FACT i Have i'm not saying a little bit of experience with that one. Myself you, KNOW i have my story of a demon that, was you, know associated with me at one point in. Time but as far as cursed objects goes so, WELL i don't know IF i should tell that story now or at the end of this, list, Honestly.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah whenever you.
Speaker 3: WANT i, mean it's it's not Like i'm scared of it by any. Means it was WHILE i was in The Marine. Corps you, know we'll take a second and talk about it, now let's. Go, so there was an abandoned children's insane asylum right that was In. MARYLAND i was stationed IN, dc and for some, reason this was like a well known, thing at least to us at the, time because one of the, guys actually a few of the guys that was stationed with me were like From, maryland so they knew of this place's, existence and it was forbidden to go, To like the cops were fought watching. It and they actually had some sort of a military installation right outside of. It NOW i don't know if it was A National guard units like headquarters and that's what it was or what was, up but this building had ten foot tall barbed wire fences and spotlights on it during the, night like they did not want anyone going in, here and it was they had roaming patrols around the fence every, hour so like secure location kind of things, here and no one knew why it's. Abandoned it's run, down like there's nothing going on there to this, day and it's not anything like. That so the story was, that, oh it's so, haunted they're not allowing anybody to go. There, okay all, Right, well obviously a bunch of, dumb half drunk twenty year old night you, know marine infantrymen are clearly gonna go see what's going down. Here so they invited pretty much anybody that wanted to. GO i did, not because why WOULD i provoke the dark. Side but you, know some of these guys who are not of any faith or religion or, like, ah fuck all, that we'll go see what's. Up so they, went AND i saw pictures of the place when they got, back and they even have. Videos they had to, like, uh you, know evade the roaming patrols and. Stuff they were like duck down as you can see these dudes of flashlights kind of walking the perimeter of the fence and all, this and they had to like park their car five miles in the woods because it's not like on the main. Highway it's off the beaten, path off of a beaten. Path so you have to go off the main, road park your car and, LIKE i, guess pretend like you have engine trouble while your boys go run through the woods to get to this. Place the whole. Thing the whole time they're running through the, woods they hear, screams but like not attributed to. Anything they it's you know how it is you and your guys are in the woods at, night and you're, like what was? That and then one guy takes off run and so everybody takes off runt of everybody's, like, ah, whatever, Okay so but they all can at least attest to the they heard. Stuff was its, screams wasn't the wind? Whatever they all said it was, Screams and with the rest of the, STORY i kind of tend to believe. That but, anyway they get to the building and there's like a complex of, them the main sanatorium slash, dormitorium slash whoever you want to call. It there was a couple like administrative buildings around the, spot but the main building where, like, uh the children were housed and where they did their therapy quote, unquote if you even want to fucking call it, that because the reason this place got shut down was for unethical, practices and it got shut down back in the days when the botomies were like cutting edge. Technology so what the actual fuck went down at this place to such a degree that they had to shut it down when they were fine electroshock therapying women and lobotomizing all of. This whatever was going down here was so bad that even they were, like, hey, bro, hey we're not doing. That we're just shutting it down. Now SO i can only assume the absolute worst of what the human imagination can't, imagine, right but neither here nor. There so they go in and then they get pictures and all the. Stuff they see rooms where there's chair set up like looking like somebody was just, there and like the whole place like the paint is getting like stripped off the, walls the roof is caving in in certain. Places it's. Dilapidated, Right and then these dumb motherfuckers decided to start taking back. Things one of them took back like a small record, player one of them took back like a. Toy there was like four or five items that were floating around The Alpha company barracks for a minute until half the fucking company all started having the exact same nightmare for like, months and so they got rid of the, shit because at that, point it's, like, yeah we might have brought a curse back with. Us so they got rid of the. STUFF i think half of them threw it in The Potomac river AND i think the other half burned, them but whatever the case, was and, yeah that's the thing that happened once upon a. TIME i wasn't living at the barracks at that, time SO i wasn't really like worried about, it BUT i was, like y'all are, Dumb like y'all, really, YEAH i know THE i don't believe in all of, that but, like, No i'm not saying. THAT i was saying it at, them all. Right if people Think i'm A bible, thumper, now good, god you would have hated me back. Then AND i was just, like, SO i, know, y'all like don't believe in, that but do you believe that half of the, company somewhere around eighty men are having the exact same nightmare about a shadowy figure that's pinning them down in the, sleep paralysis and all of that almost four times a, week like over half of a, week you would have these, nightmares. Y'all don't think that y'all had anything to do with. That, No, no that wasn't. Us i'm, like, then what the fuck was?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: Dude then what you tell? Me what's going on? Here so as soon as they got rid of, it shockingly, enough all the nightmares went.
Speaker 2: Away that's real, shit, Dude and that's a true story of fuck around and then find.
Speaker 3: Out thankfully they got rid of, it if somebody got, hurt but, like, yeah it's BUT i, mean to be, fair the barracks was also kind of. Haunted you had a couple of suicides back in the, day you. Had the building itself had been occupied since eighteen, twelve SO i, mean, yeah or eighteen oh, nine MAYBE i forget it. Was it's the oldest occupied residence In, WASHINGTON D. C in The war of eighteen twelve right eighteen, fourteen The british came and BURNED dc to the, ground all except For Marine Barracks, washington because they actually occupied it and used it as their barracks while they were. There so technically, speaking it is the oldest residence In, washington D. C so with an old building like, that especially in a historic and occult city like, that you're gonna have ghost, stories you're gonna have. THINGS i personally never experienced, it but a lot of guys THAT i served with experienced versions of ghost, stories spirit, stories. Whatever nothing demonic until those dumbasses went to the fucking children's Insane asylum and brought shit. Back but, yeah that's that's a.
Speaker 2: Thing so you not believing in? Ghosts what do you mean by? Haunted, like whenever you say, haunted what does that what does that calculate to in your?
Speaker 3: Mind? Well usually? Demonic, Right and that's just me with my own personal. Thing i'm not saying that there's a zero percent chance that ghosties are not. Real, okay it's just per my, understanding and, again very, limited very, human very jacob biased, understanding And i'll give that credence. HERE i don't see a purpose to it or a method to how that would. BE i believe that demons may present themselves in a familiar, way so like and that with my demon. Story as a matter of, fact my demon presented itself to me as my grandmother who had just, Passed so as a, child not knowing, Anything i'm thinking that's the spirit or the ghost of my. Grandmother cool, cool cool until it wasn't. Right and so most of these and again that's only my. STORY i get. It there's a million stories and a million different. Nuances but per What i've learned and WHAT i understand about how that works once we, die it wouldn't make sense to me that a soul gets trapped and like it's in limbo or it's trying to get to the other side and it's torn into because of it or what. That that doesn't make sense based off of WHAT i. Know but AGAIN i don't know every single bit about how it all, works you know WHAT i. Mean that's it's just my own little. Perspective but for, instance one of my, Buddies, stebbing who got that dude he went off to the winds that he is a fed like for, Real he got out of The Marine, corps he joined some three letter agency and no one has heard from him in like a, decade so like real, shit he's doing Gangster James bond shit right now most. Likely but, anyway he was asleep one night and he woke up having a kid like pulling at his bed and giggling and, shit and he kicked at, him like what the? Fuck he turned the lights, on it was. Gone kind of freaked out a little, bit but like whatever thing's, HAPPENED i, guess and he went back to. Bed he woke up and the next morning. Sour the way our sinks were laid, out it was like two sinks in one big. Mirror, Right it was like two man to a room kind of. Thing his side of the, sink not his, roommates his side eye. Level this guy was six,' four so like high up there had a child's handprint. On it, What.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh, my god that one freak me the. Fuck out there's, another experience My.
Speaker 3: Boy kennedy we actually had him on the show once upon, a time but like something happened with the audio in that episode never made. Its air he got woken up with some sort of like a glowing light in the middle of, his room and like whatever, it was he kind of knew that it was looking, at him but, like whatever he was really drunk and uh so he just kind of had the foresight to grab his cell phone and snap a picture of it real quick and just kind of roll over and went back. To bed the, next morning looking at, the picture you can clearly see a man wearing, a suit like you could see, the lapels you could see the frills on, the shirt you could see the. Cuff. Links like it's clearly a man in a more dapper attire standing there looking at him in. His bed but it didn't look scari. Or ominous but it's clearly something of a. Spiritual nature and this is before anybody was really good WITH the ai and the photoshop and. All this that. WAS shit i think that happened somewhere probably early, twenty Eleven some slenderman.
Speaker 2: Type shit.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like so tall that it looked Like. Slender man IT was i, would say probably like a average, sized gentleman. You, KNOW so i mean there was a million stories and that was just in. My platoon my deck we had it was a five. Story building we lived on the. Second STORY so i mean everybody had their own stories, about things and that Was Just, Alpha company bravo had their own set of situations. AND things, i mean there's there's all kinds, of it especially in. Older buildings, but yeah in my, Personal belief i'm not saying zero percent that those were the trapped souls of a living person that hasn't crossed over or something. Like that it makes more sense to me that that would be some sort of a demonic entity that is trying to portray itself in the form of, a child the form of a man in, a suit or whatever the case, may be as a way to not instantly, instill fear maybe instill alertness in, some way shape. Or form but like, situation dictates.
Speaker 2: Very, well well that's curse shit is definitely going on demonic stuff. For sure, the ghost, you know whatever. YOU think, I mean i have personally never witnessed seeing a ghost or anything, like THAT but i have had people that slept over. My house like, you know whenever you're in high school or, middle school you always have friends, sleeping over you sleep over there. Or whatever and as a matter, of fact the house that we lived In, in LOUISIANA so i was like a junior at, THE time i had my. Best friend he was sleeping, over right and you know, my bed, you know it's you don't want to be gay with it. Or whatever so we always thought it was kind of gay for two dudes to sleep in the. Same room so he would sleep in the living room or what we call the media room because we had two living rooms in, that house and he would sleep in the. Media room well. In there he said every night that he, slept over it was like three. Straight times every time he, slept over he always heard footsteps and nobody was. Up there everybody, was asleep and he was kind of just up there, by, Himself right but he was always hearing footsteps on the floor in the room that he was, Staying IN and i thought it was kind. OF silly i, was, like dude this house. Ain't haunted this house is like it was only like ten years old at, the time. You know but then you get, into, like well does it have something to do with. The grounds could somebody maybe have brought some kind of evil spirit? In there you never know kind. Of situation, but, yeah dude, like people people experience. Weird shit maybe, they're demons maybe they're, lost souls maybe they're just fucking. Energy somethings, nobody, Knows, Right yeah but talking going back into the, cursed objects there's another one Called the. Basano vase while the origins Of the basana vase, are vague the most common story claims that a bride received the vase as, a gift then died on her wedding night while clutching it in. Her arms the bride vowed revenge when, she died and in subsequent family members began dying after taking possession of. The Vase the bazano vase vanished from the public eye until it was sold at an auction for four. Million lyra what country? Has? Lyra?
Speaker 3: Lira? Lyra CLEAR and i think that might Be a, Italian, currency.
Speaker 2: Okay but that was in nineteen. Eighty eight the man who bought the vase reportedly died, soon after and when a doctor purchased, the vase he died three. Months later, in fact three months seems to be about as long as anyone can possess the face before succumbing to its Supposed cursed the fate in current location of the vase, remains unknown but it was allegedly placed in police custody after no one else. Wanted it what the hell?
Speaker 3: Did alright, oh wait so the wife dies on her, wedding night which, that sucks, you know for, multiple reasons clutching, this vase which is, also like. That's weird it was a, WEDDING gift i, get it, but like that's NOT what i thought you'd be clutching on your. Wedding night, but, like okay whatever do you but uh and your. Vowing Revenge so i'm is, this like is there some sort of foul play here or she just KIND of i don't know what to make.
Speaker 2: Of that it could be like a vase of ashes, or something, you know like. An urn it kind of.
Speaker 3: Looks, ernish dude if you give somebody an earn on their, wedding day you're a dick of the. Highest order, holy shit.
Speaker 2: That could be your long lost dad soul in this vase. OR something i. DON'T know, I mean i'm not saying that it absolutely wasn't earned by. Any means i'm just trying to imagine what it, could be, you know why it is. So important maybe it was a family heirloom that could have, Been, it like maybe it was just handed down and maybe she loved it as a. Little girl, you know her grandfather always bought the grandmother fucking flowers and put it in. This vase it was the, grandmother's vase and the grandmother passes it down as a. Wedding gift, that's possible, you.
Speaker 3: Know maybe it had like a gypsy curse associated, with it or some shit.
Speaker 2: Or, jewish ooh abolistic. Curse, dog hey. ANYTHING'S possible i, suppose really so that Was the. Bassano vase? Another one How About James's James dean's porsche Called The.
Speaker 3: Little bastard i've heard, of THIS but i didn't know much about.
Speaker 2: The, story dude that's like a full on speed. Racer, car yeah, fucking awesome but it says While Filming rebel Without a cause in nineteen, Fifty Five james dean purchased his Now infamous porsche five Point, fifty spider which He Dubbed. Little bastard on his way to. A race one, Week later dean was driving roughly eighty five miles an hour when he hit another car and was. Killed instantly just a, week Prior Actor alec guinness claimed that he Had seen dean's car and had a premonition about. An Incident following dean's untimely and, tragic death his car gained an almost instantaneous reputation for being cursed after. The crash the, car's, engine transmission and suspension system were put in two different, race cars both of which crashed in the same Race on maybe one of the. Drivers survived tires From the porsche also blew out after being placed on, another car and the car fell on two different people while being exhibited. And serviced the car eventually disappeared in nineteen sixty and hasn't been. SEEN, SINCE whoa i didn't know.
Speaker 3: That some famous, or famous some rich collector bought that thing and it's probably never. Driving it but it's just like that's a part that's a, talking piece. YOU know, i mean that's like In A jay leto's.
Speaker 2: Garage or, some shit, you, know PROBABLY but i mean for everybody to experience that kind, of fate. That's strange eithery're taking different parts of it and putting it on other cars than those cars crashed in the same race that they're. Racing in the people to go to work on it have the fucking car fall. On them, it's like what is going on with? THIS thing i guess maybe it just didn't like. Its name nobody wants to be called a. Little bastard, What's that.
Speaker 3: Steve McQueen, you, Said Yeah, James Dean, james dean, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Damn, dude, yeah dude.
Speaker 3: FUCKING wild i Didn't Think james dean had any kind of controversy around him. Like this but that's a, Fun, one okay he do?
Speaker 2: He do so, there's dude there's so many of these stories and we're not going to read, them ALL but i do want to read this, Last One The. Dipiic box you ever heard of one? Of these It's a jewish, thing actually because we're it's funny that we even. Mentioned That the so the story Of The dipic box begins in two thousand, and one when a man purchased it at a yard sale and began experiencing paranormal activity in. His home he ended up selling the Box on eBay in two thousand, and three and soon after, the sale the buyer reportedly began experiencing choking sensations and nightmares of an, old hag among other. Terrifying Encounters The dipic box was eventually purchased by a, Paranormal Investigator, zach begins Who Filmed missed coming out Of the box in. Twenty twenty even Rapper post malone says that he experienced a string of bad luck after coming in contact with the Box At. Baggins MUSEUM so i was doing on, this, One dude posty waded on it AND so i was looking, into it and, this, is uh basically like a little, liquor cabinet like you'd put your glasses in your in your liquor bottles inside of this, little cabinet which you know you think about alcohol and. The spirits, there's, Alcool right AND so i mean some say that there, it well and It's a. Jewish thing you can see like The the hebrew letters or whatever the fuck that is. In there but FROM whatever i was doing a little bit bit, of research it seemed to be Mainly a jewish kind. Of thing and, uh yeah, fucking, Weird right, so yeah the, dippig box strange thing that's going on. Right There post malone weighs in, On it, it's, like whoa what? The hell, and SO like, i said there's so many other. Cursed objects there's another one Called the Women of, lem Statue The hope diamond.
Speaker 3: About The hope. Diamond curse i'm actually, seen, That bro and it was At the SMITHSONIAN when i was LIVING. In Dc The hope diamond was on. Display there things. Fucking huge oh we can.
Speaker 2: Read it then it says the Forty Five hope diamond Originated, in india where it was supposedly stolen by a priest who was put to death for. His crime the diamond was eventually Purchased By king louis the fourteenth in sixteen, forty two but the merchant who sold it to him was soon mauled to death by a pack. Of, dogs, fuck dude that's got to be one of the worst ways to go is to be mauled. TO death i can't imagine that being an easier. GOOD one, I mean.
Speaker 3: I who's, to say right if drowning's worse or burning's worse or getting mauled to death by a. Wild animal but like, you know there's just not, good. Ways man. Holy.
Speaker 2: Shit yeah so the diamond was stolen During The french revolution and disappeared. For decades when it reappeared in the, eighteen Hundreds The hope diamond was blamed for a number, of misfortunes, including, murder suicide loss, of fortune and. Other tragedies some even Claim That marie antoinette's death can be linked to her possession Of The.
Speaker 3: Hope diamond i'm pretty sure it would have been associated with the, you know link to, the guillotine but, all right maybe maybe you.
Speaker 2: Never, know uh. There's this remember we talked about the other artists that also. Depicted kids and then there was this little boy standing next to the little, doll there and, you know on, the surface, you're like, all right that's kind. Of weird why is this little? Boy staring and then you got this, Little doll but then you see all the little hands behind the glass which.
Speaker 3: Make it they wear. The hands, but yeah look.
Speaker 2: At that that is. Fucking creepy so they say that this painting is. Also, haunted.
Speaker 3: Okay is it house fire style haunted or like people?
Speaker 2: Die haunted SO and I, think, i, actually yeah this Is Called The Hands? Resist them AND so i do have an article over here that does get into it a little bit more. In, depth actually we could read this ONE since i was going to read, it anyway instead of just that short little excerpt, of it because that's only what like a paragraph or paragraph and a half. Or whatever but it, resists, him okay the hands. Resist him it was painted in nineteen seventy Two By, bill stoneham also known As The eBay. Haunted, Painting okay So The Hands resist him is a painting that was created By Artists bill stoneham in nineteen Seventy two it depicts a young boy and a female doll standing in front of a glass panel door against which many hands. Are pressed According, to stoneham the boy is based on a photograph of himself at. Age five the doorway is a representation of the dividing line between the waking world and the world of fantasy, and impossibilities while the doll is a guide that will escort the boy. Through it the titular hands represent alternative lives. Or possibilities the painting became the subject of an urban legend in a viral internet Meme in february of two thousand and when it was posted on posted for Sale, on eBay along with a description implying that it. Was haunted so the history. Of it the painting was first displayed At The Fine garden Gallery In beverly hills during the early. NINETEEN seventies a One man stoneham show at the gallery which included, the piece was reviewed by the art critic At The Los Angeles Time Los. Angeles times during, the show the painting was purchased By Actor, john marley notable for his Role As jack Waltz In. The godfather some Time after, marley's death the painting was found at the site of an old brewery by An elderly, californian couple as stated in Their original. eBay listing the painting appeared on the Auction website eBay in february. Two thousand according to, the seller the aforementioned couple the painting the painting carried some form. Of Curse their eBay description made a series of claims that the painting was cursed. Or haunted including in those claims were that the characters in the painting moved during, the night and that they would sometimes leave the painting and enter the room in which it was. BEING displayed whoa? All right also included in the listing were a series of photographs that were said to be evidence of an incident in which the female doll character threatened the male character with a gun that she, was holding causing him to attempt to leave. The painting what?
Speaker 3: The fuck the doll character threatened the owner of the painting with a gun.
Speaker 2: Carried threatened the little boy in, the painting threatening him to leave. The, painting interesting it's like a whole dimensional kind. Of, thing, yeah yeah he was, the painter, but yeah the actual painting of him was being threatened to leave the painting so that she could have the painting all to herself in THAT dimension i. Guess, so yeah that's. Fucking weird also included with the listing where a series. Of photographs, OH yeah i just. READ that a disclaimer was included with, the listing absolving the seller from all liability if the painting. Was purchased news of the listing was quickly Spread by, internet users who forwarded the link to their friends or wrote their own passages. About it some people claim that simply that by simply viewing the photos of the painting made them feel ill or have. Unpleasant, experiences eventually the auction page was viewed over thirty. Thousand times after an initial bid of one hundred and ninety, nine dollars the painting eventually received thirty bids and sold for oney twenty. Five dollars, The Buyer perception Gallery And, Grand, rapids michigan Eventually Contacted bill stoneham and related the unusual story of its Auction on eBay and their acquisition. Of it he reported being quite surprised by all the stories and strange interpretations of the images and. The painting according to, the artists the object presumed by the eBay sellers to be a gun is actually nothing more than a dry cell battery in a tangle. Of wires so where was that? Over here so you can see it? Right here SOME people i guess thought that It was let me try and zoom in. On that SOME people i guess were presuming that it was. A gun, but yeah you can tell that it's some kind of canister or battery or something.
Speaker 3: Like. THAT something, i mean it's still, weird looking, but like why would it all be holding some sort of a weird object with a bundle of wires and? Whatever else like that's is that a ray gun?
Speaker 2: COULD be i. Don't, know well how? About This so stoneham recalls that both the owner of the gallery in which the painting was first displayed and the art critic who reviewed it died within one year of coming in contact with. The painting, Whoa dude That's what, I'm, saying like, you know there's something too.
Speaker 3: That was shocked, About this like or was that? A lie was he actually a dabbler in the occult and he put all that that bad juju on this painting and, he's like oh these.
Speaker 2: People died, oh dude this this guy is literally depicting like lifetime and dimensions within this painting that all of those old hands are past lives or other lives that, you know we're existing in another time that are still there at, least. Perceptibly right and then you got the little doll there who is his guide to be able to guide him throughout this life and all the. Other lives so it's clearly like an. Occultic, thing yeah and then and then you got, the windows, the window. Window glass all that shit is. Very occultic. You know there's a lot of magic that you can do in front of. A mirror that's why they, Say that like if you ever have a mirror hanging in, your, bedroom like first, of all, you shouldn't, and, secondly uh you never want it pointing to at like pointing at your bed because.
Speaker 3: That in pretty much Every room i've ever.
Speaker 2: Lived in, Why, uh well because things or objects or demons or spirits or something like that can enter in there through the. Mirror dimension that's what the. Lore, IS anyway, I MEAN i i back at Back in louisiana when, you know Me and luisa had, the trailer we had one pointing at. The bed AND then i learned, about THAT and i took that shit DOWN because i ain't about to fuck round and find out What.
Speaker 3: That, I'm okay i'd never heard. THAT before i personally kind of like having a mirror facing, The bed but that's that's.
Speaker 2: Just me you want it on, the ceiling you dirty fuck.
Speaker 3: You know at putting, One there but, it's like for what? Purpose realistically to? Watch, yourself, NO no i, get that but like for the Angles that, I'm at i'm not going to be looking up to. See myself like that does mean? NO good i mean.
Speaker 2: That's whatever so often the girl will get, on top you can be able to get a little. Decent, show YEAH but i could just.
Speaker 3: WATCH her i don't have to look up at the ceiling to see the out.
Speaker 2: Of, THEM well, i mean if you think, about it you're getting. Another angle so not to get too, descriptive here but if she's on top, of you you're not gonna be able to see, her, ass, right.
Speaker 3: Fair fair unless you have a mirror on the wall facing, the, bed.
Speaker 2: Mirror mirror on, the wall or magic mirror on. The wall who knows It's a, mandela effect, but, yeah yeah there's so many. Other ones The Terra, cotta Army, the Otzi. The iceman he.
Speaker 3: Was cursed what?
Speaker 2: The fuck Here's The myrtle's plantation MIRROR that i was bringing.
Speaker 3: Up, earlier, ah yes the. Famous MIRROR but i want to see what they say about it. REAL quick i might be off, Base.
Speaker 2: Here Okay The myrtle's Plantation In, Saint, francisville louisiana is considered one of the most haunted homes In The, united states with multiple sightings and photographs of supposed spirits backing up. THE claim a mirror in the home is thought to, be cursed and some believe it holds the spirits of a mother and her children who died in the home after. Being poisoned while the story's validity, is debated numerous witnesses have seen the woman and her children peering out of, the mirror and the child's handprint continuously reappears in one corner despite multiple cleanings. And, resilverings, ooh. OKAY spooky, i, mean look everybody has you know if you can debunk claims. ALL day i know that a lot, of people, not you but just anybody. In general we can, debunk claims we can. Debunk theories we can not believe. In superstition but the fact of the matter is the people that, experience this they, know it they. Believe it they, were, There right so like you can try and prove it six Ways, of sunday, that person you will never be able to take away. Their story they were there and, experienced it, You, know yeah.
Speaker 3: No DOUBT and, i, mean yeah that's the only the myrtles is ONE that i usually. Harp ONE but i mean that doesn't negate the other things that we're talking about here for.
Speaker 2: Sure, For sure and it also doesn't negate some of the people's testimonies that may have. Experienced, it yeah, Now, THERE yeah, i mean obviously there's going to be people that, are like come visit this haunted mansion so that we can collect, you know a couple hundred dollars a night or whatever it is to. Stay here that kind of shit. Obviously, happens yeah people are always gonna try and make money off of the haunted. TYPE shit, i mean think about all of the the the haunted tours that you can do Down In. New orleans i've actually never been.
Speaker 3: On one every it's it's not, worth it, IT'S honestly, i mean there are certain cool places that they'll show you that like usual tourist wouldn't have known about or something. Like THAT but, i mean there is so much history in. That town and it's like every three blocks you see another sign for a haunted ghost tour and, it's, like okay, all right.
Speaker 2: What's the deal? With that uh that that, famous church that really nice like older looking church? Down there what's what's that one Called On. Jefferson, Square bro i've had so many dreams about, that Church and I'VE never I Think i've i've been in it, one time and, you know you go in there and you light a candle or some kind.
Speaker 4: Of.
Speaker 3: SHIT uh i literally did that. Last, month actually.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a fucking, awesome church like very Very like gothic almost very.
Speaker 3: Much, So right and it depends on if you believe the relax. Or what but it is the oldest cathedral in On the, american, continent right It Predates. America, tartaria no they they know when it, was built but it predates the founding of pre dates seventeen, Seventy six That's all. I'm saying which so is the City Of. New orleans but, uh yeah they had at least one POPE that i know of that visited it once upon. A time it's a, gorgeous place, gorgeous church the kind of the occult background to it. As Well, marie levau who for anybody who, doesn't know was the voodoo Queen Of new orleans during, her heyday and then when, she died, her daughter Also named Marie, le vaux took over. The mantle but they used to have voodoo ceremonies in. That cathedral they would literally Have mass sunday mornings and voodoo Ceremonies at sunday nights like that was a very common thing for a. Long. Time uh and by a LONG time i don't mean like they just stopped in, The eighties, like, no, no no. We're talking we're talking back in the. Day here but, uh yeah it's been used for all kinds of. Different.
Speaker 2: Ceremonies dude you know what's wild. Is That so i've been Living in texas for a little over a, year Now and i'm not. Gonna LIE whenever i was Living, in louisiana the thought of Going To new orleans just even to go To the, FRENCH market i, was, Like dude i've done it so many times like the lore is. Not there i've been there for So many marti GRASS that i never want to go To A marti. Gras again i've, Been there i've. Done that but Now that i've been here, A year, i'm like you, KNOW what i kind of have the itch to, go back like at least to go get some of those. Fucking, begnetes dude, SO delicious, i mean absolutely horrible. FOR you i mean it's, deep fried dough coded.
Speaker 3: And SUGAR but i don't see a bad. Part yet, but whatever, you know it's the same as. A doughnut it's equally. As bad, but, Yeah Dude new orleans is probably my second favorite City, On earth, and, LIKE yeah i know. It's dangerous you're gonna, Hear gunshots you're gonna see a person get stabbed. To death, like it it's a part. Of it it's a part, of it. You KNOW but i. LOVE it i absolutely love. The city your First, favorite paris which would be the Mother Of new orleans if we're gonna Get, TECHNICOL so, i, mean yeah have you Been? To, Paris yeah i've. Been twice, oh shit It's The. Marine corps as a matter, of fact in the summer of twenty eleven and, TWENTY twelve i Went. To paris MOST fun i ever had in my life was getting drunk as fuck and getting Lost in paris and like. Discovering thing THAT'S when i Saw The. Mona lisa matter, of fact we we started At The. Eiffel tower, i'm sorry we actually Started At, notre, dame RIGHT and i actually got to sit in on a Mass At notre dame that was. Really dope, and uh we. Left there it was around lunchtime and you can See The eiffel tower from anywhere in, the city and we asked one of. The guys everybody There. Speaks english by, the way it's one of the biggest tourists Towns, on earth so like everybody there speaks like five. Fucking languages and so we asked. The guy, we're, like uh, you know how far is it To The. Eiffel tower, he's, like oh it's not like, walking distance it's like ten miles and, we're, like pH it's fucking. Eleven am we don't have to be back to the hotel. Till midnight, SO like i guess we're going for. A. Walk boys we got soh back, asswards lost but also had the. Most fun we found Accidentally the Arc, de triumph right that famous picture where You see hitler walking through it and all that when he took. OVER pairs i walked. Through. It dog we discovered Accidentally the louver and we got there like fifteen minutes before, closing time so we were there was no. Line anymore they had all gone away because they thought they wouldn't. Get in so we, got there we ran to See The. Mona lisa it's the size of. A textbook it was a very big let down as far as, that's concerned, Really, ever, yeah yeah it's not big. At all like you can look up the dimensions. Of it it's like it's like the size of a. Decent. BOOK hue i.
Speaker 2: DON'T know i just always thought that it was like a. Huge painting you.
Speaker 3: Would think the way that's, been fucking, you know sensationalized in, all this and also aside from the Fact that Leo da vinci himself, Painted it. I'm underwhelmed i'm underwhelmed by the entirety. Of it, but anyway then we finally made it To The, eiffel tower and at, this time every hour or on the hour, at night When The eiffel tower's. Lit up it does like a, light show like strobe lights go all, over it and it was. REALLY cool i didn't know that that was, a thing so that was a fun thing to be a. Part of AND then i got jipped by some. Fucking gypsies actually we're gonna go, that, route although like it's cool because the cops beat the shit out of them LATER and i stole all, their trinkets so, YOU know i got mine in. The end but like, you know they were selling wine ten euros of Pop and, i'm, Like yeah i'll buy. Some wine, fuck it we're just. Chilling WHATEVER and i didn't have, a Corkscrew and, i'm, like hey you have a, cork screw fifteen year old for me to. Open it, i'm like oh, you dudey you. Got me and they kept trying to sell These Little eiffel tower trinkets that were like two inches tall and had a big ring of them and they're like a bunch of keychains all. Over it but they're out there selling things without, a permit and so this is what they do. Every day the cops come beat the shit out. Of them by, The way french cops are not.
Speaker 2: Cool like they they.
Speaker 3: Do not you are guilty until proven innocent in. That country if there's a bar fight that, breaks out they're locking the door and every single motherfucker in that bar is getting the shit kicked out, of them and then they'll decide who was the guilty party. Later on that's how that goes Down. In france but, uh, so yeah the gypsies are selling, their, wares right the cops come beat the shit out of like aggressively beat the shit out, of them and then they took them off to jail and then they release them the. Next morning. That's how this is what these people do every day for. Their income and so when they, did that one of the boys dropped their fucking ring of All The. Eiffel towers, YOU know i scooped that. BITCH up i made It Rain eiffel tower figurines on everybody, around us so YOU know i Got mine in. THE end i felt good.
Speaker 2: ABOUT that, i, mean hey you charge fifteen bucks for a, Fucking, corkscrew yeah it comes back.
Speaker 3: To, you no not even the corkscrew just to open. The wine he kept.
Speaker 2: The, corkscrew ah that's, Some bullshit.
Speaker 3: I'm, telling. You dude the fucking, gypsies again no hatred to the good gypsies, out there People of. Roma descent it's. Those, fucks okay it's. Those fucks, but uh then we didn't realize we were, out there, you know having. Our time didn't realize that we were an hour away from the hotel and it was already eleven. To FIFTEEN so i hail a fucking CAB AND i i had to spend like fifty euro which at the time was like seventy five dollars to get back to the hotel. On time and that was all THE money, I BROUGHT so i was like pretty much living ON whatever i could for the rest of THE time i. WAS there i was a very broke e three In The. Marine corps, so yeah it was it was. A time it was. A time but the SECOND time, i, went also that's when we got so drunk we flipped a smart car on. Its roof, SO yeah I. Love paris it.
Speaker 2: Sounds, Awesome, Yeah paris i've. NEVER been i Went. To frankfurt i've talked about, that before, But dude frankfort is fucking Awesome. In germany but that's, REALLY like, I mean i've Been, to Canada and mexico and shit, like that but outside Of The, united states that's really the ONLY place. I WENT and i, was, like dude this place is. So sick so, but anyway let's get back. To it there's one more THING that i wanted to, bring UP and i said that we weren't going to read any more, of these but they just keep on finding ways. In here so recently we just Had The Women's cryptid society on the show and they were talking about The majority MAORI and i, was like, all, right well here's. A mask let's go into. That one so these ancient masks were worn by warriors Of the maori tribe and what Is Now new zealand and are said to contain the spirits of. Fallen warriors according, to legend pregnant women are prone to being cursed after looking at, the masks and the superstition surrounding the curse is so strong That the Museum taepapa Is in wellington even has a sign advising pregnant women not to come in contact with.
Speaker 3: The, masks wow for a, CRAZY second i thought that was human skin that that mask was made, out of and it very WELL maybe i, don't know But the, maori did and up until the nineteen twenties absolutely get down, with cannibalism and like that was the. Whole thing if you killed somebody, in battle you were supposed to. Eat them that's how you gain, their mana, you know and all that their, warrior spirit if, you will and that's how you strengthen your. Own mana and, it, was yeah that's. That's wild they.
Speaker 2: Got down they definitely. Got down so, all right enough of. THOSE stories i think we have proven that objects can absolutely carry curses or at least a little bit of lore, with them that people who come in contact with them doesn't usually end.
Speaker 3: Up, well yeah.
Speaker 2: Whether it's bad luck, or death somewhere. In between usually somewhere your whole.
Speaker 3: House burning down because you have a print of a painting that so does everybody else because it's like a really famous thing at, the time and then, next thing, you know you're a statistic.
Speaker 2: DON'T look i think the moral of the story is don't give. Into fads just don't give. Into them if everybody else is interested, in it go the. OTHER way i.
Speaker 3: LIKE that i like that, be, countercultural right be your, own person think, for yourself open up that. THIRD eye i.
Speaker 2: LIKE that a lot take the road, less traveled as They Say. Robert frost so this next article Is called Ghostlyactivities dot com and it gets into hexes and curses In A marria rian, folk tradition and so it talks about the different kinds of hexes and where, they're from such As The pennsylvania dutch her. Hex array So In pennsylvania, dutch country hexes aren't all. That bad the hex sign signs painted on barns are thought to, protect them, not harm and featured designs, like, birds hearts. And tulips but not every hex is so warm. And fuzzy, the hexsarai which literally, means witchcraft includes darker. Practices too when someone wanted to lay, a curse they'd use symbols and rituals for that. Specific purpose they even made a distinction between good magic used for healing in bad magic used. For harm so That's the. Pennsylvania Dutchy the amish are very they're very, superstitious.
Speaker 3: People so that, makes, sense yeah.
Speaker 2: They, are nextly we have the hoodoo. And conjure, so hoodoo also known, as conjure is a Mix, Of African native American and european beliefs. And practices hoodoo curse is known as. Laying tricks can, involve. Powders oils how about, That, one yep powders oils and sometimes hair or personal items from the person. Being cursed it's not all, about. HARM though a lot of hoodoo focuses on protection and good. Luck too practitioners might wear a mojo bag filled with herbs and charms to fend off any.
Speaker 3: Bad juju so they tell about laying. Them tricks laying. Them tricks i'm not, TO say i feel like that's colloquialistically been taken over by a whole, different meaning but you know.
Speaker 2: They do then there's. The appllation some People. Say appalachian i've always heard it, Said appellation so That's what i'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Go with.
Speaker 2: In the hills Of, the appalachia curses and hexes are a. Little different many of these folk traditions come From The scots, irish settlers who brought their own beliefs about the evil eye and the power of plants and. Appalation magic protective charms might include a witch ball or a bottle filled, with pins hair. And nails folk magic here is often Combined with bible verses, or prayers so it has A unique. Christian spin in, many ways this makes it feel less like witchcraft and more like country wisdom passed down. Through Generations the.
Speaker 3: Irish and scottish are also inherently very superstitious for a lot, of things so that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Very true so here are some common types of curses. And hexes so, first off you have the, evil eye which we were talking about a little. Bit earlier the evil eye. Is simple if someone's, envious enough they can cause you misfortune just by looking. At you think of a death glare with. Magical Properties in american, folk tradition it's common to hear people talk about feeling jinxd or cursed by, someone's look wearing a charm to protect, against it like, a horseshoe or even just a. RED ribbon a red ribbon is a common way to guard against the, evil eye. All right they also have the little evil eye pendant. As well then you have, personal hexes, it says sometimes curses. Get personal if someone in the community made, you mad it wasn't uncommon for them to leave a hex on. Your doorstep maybe you'd find a strange line of powder around, your house or a small doll called a poppet with pins stuck. In it these were subtle ways of saying, watch out you've crossed the. Wrong person and these traditions people believe that curses could mess with everything from your health to. Your crops pretty much anything important to you was. Fair game, Hello poppet hello, PULPIT.
Speaker 3: Kindness i mean with a needle. In it so it's Like the european equivalent of. Voodoo, doll, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah basically then you have cursed objects. In land america is full of spooky stories about, cursed objects, haunted mirrors, bad, luck jewelry and even cursed houses all of their place. In folklore often these objects have, dark histories maybe they were taken from, a grave or maybe something tragic. Happened nearby cursed land is also Common in, american folklore especially with Tales Of native america and burial grounds that are better. Left undisturbed it all adds up to one. Common theme sometimes things hold on to bad energy and it's best to leave.
Speaker 3: Them alone, Absolutely absolutely then.
Speaker 2: You have tools for cursing and. Protecting yourself so they talk about all the various things such as hexes, and symbols those hex signs that you see On The pennsylvania. Dutch barnes they're not just. Cute decorations these symbols, featuring, stars birds and rosettes are meant to ward off evil spirits and. Bad luck they represent an entire system of folk magic meant to protect families. In animals some people hang them in their, homes too as kind of a spiritual. Security system so if you feel like you're cursed or, your hext maybe you do. A little you'd take some lessons from The Old pennsylvania dutch. Another way another way is. Cursing tools says when it comes to laying, a curse people of. All kinds people use all kinds. OF objects a common one is, a poppet a small doll made to represent a person, being Cursed and hudoo specific items like sulfur or black salt are believed to give the curse. Extra, strength meanwhile which. Makes, Sense meanwhile appalachian folk folk practitioners might use things like, witch balls which we. Talked about these tools aren't, Just random they're part of a bigger tradition that sees physical objects as carriers of, spiritual power and you have protection. And countercursing, oh so, of course with all these curses, flying around people always need ways to. Protect themselves hanging a horseshoe above, the door carrying a pouch, of salt or planting certain herbs around the house were always ways to fend. Off curses if someone felt that they've been hext they might perform a mirror, box ritual using a box lined with mirrors to reflect the curse back onto the person who. Cast it in, these traditions simply acknowledging a curse and using protective charms could sometimes. Weaken it so there's plenty of different ways you got, unhexing, rituals amulets. And talismans modern day hext breaking services which oh let's read into that one so it says believe it, or not hext breaking is still big. Business today some hudu practitioners and folk healers offer hex removal services involving everything from candle ceremonies to. Spiritual baths people will come in all sorts of with all sorts, of complaints, bad, luck illness, relationship problems and the healers perform rituals to cleanse. Their lives it might sound, old fashioned but in times, of trouble people will try anything to turn their, luck around, no doubt.
Speaker 3: No doubt desperate people are willing to do whatever, it takes that's.
Speaker 2: For sure, oh. Yeah yeah so this next one is nineteen generally nineteen generational curses and how to. Break them this Is By deep roots at home. Dot com we're not going to read the, whole thing, of course but you have. Certain things we're just going to get into the generational blessings and the iniquities and then the evidence. Of, curses so as far as generational, blessings go it says family is Important, to god and it is clear that he does not think merely in terms, of individuals but also in terms. Of, Generations matthew, chapter one verse seventeen, tells us so all the Generations from Abraham to david are. Fourteen Generations from david until the Captivity in babylon are, Fourteen generations and from the Captivity in babylon Until the christ are. Fourteen generations oh how. About that when making a Covenant, With abraham god never Once said i'm going to. Bless you he Always said i'm going to bless you and. Your descendants an Example of this Is in genesis chapter, twenty two verses seventeen, and Eighteen where god said, IN blessing i will bless you, and multiply. AND multiply i will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the. Sea shore and your descendants shall possess the gait of. Their enemies weird in. Your seed all the nations of the earth shall, be blessed because you have obeyed. My voice so there, you go watches out for. The families that's a that's a good look. For sure then you got the generational. In iniquities churches also run along. Blood Lines in exodus, chapter twenty verses five, And six god warns the Children of israel not to follow the, false gods saying you shall not bow down to them nor. Serve THEM, for I the Lord, your god am a, jealous god visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who, hate me but showing mercy to thousands to those who love me and keep my. Commandments absolutely then biblical evidence. Of curses. Even so deuteronomy chapter, twenty eight verses fifteen through sixty eight contains fifty three verses listing various. Generational curses here are just a few of the symptoms of curses. Listed there so you, have poverty, hereditary, disease divorce, child abuse, sexual abuse, domestic, violence alcoholism, drug, addiction, immorality, adultery, perversion, depression, confusion, fear indecision, panic attacks, mental, illness suicide and destructive attitudes. And behaviors each of these, can be but are not always the result of, generational curse and most have their root in idolatry. And iniquity most People are, many people if, not most can identify some of these symptoms that have passed on from generation. To generation, so yeah. Pretty cool then it, talks about, you know how curses can be stopped with the Blood. Of jesus hebrews nine twenty, two says according to, the law almost all things are purified, with blood and without the shedding of blood there is. No remission, so yeah it's all about.
Speaker 3: The, blood yeah this Is why jesus was the ultimate sacrifice and the shedding of the blood for. Everybody's iniquities that's why it's worded, that way.
Speaker 2: For, sure yeah it says it's all about the Blood Of. Jesus Christ in romans, chapter three verses twenty three through, twenty five, it says for all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of god and are justified Freely by his grace through the redemption that Came. By. Christ jesus god presented him as the sacrifice of atonement through faith in. His blood he did this to demonstrate his justice because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed. Beforehand, unpunished yeah, so obviously if You're, a christian you. Know that just wanted to throw it out there because, you. Know, curses, hey dude it's not just. Some speculation this ain't no. Spooky story this shit's been happening since the beginning. Of time, AND also i have one more THING that i want to get. To here this Is by atlasmithica dot com that says seven historically proven ways to break curses and. Lift hexes so, it SAYS and i know you like the content or the context and the historicity of, Certain THINGS so i, was like, all right that'd be a fun one to, BRING up. I, think, So dude i'm excited to see historically fact checked things about how to.
Speaker 3: Do this.
Speaker 2: I'M down a curse is a supernatural manifestation that inflicts various hardships and torments on. The victim curses are often inflicted in, various ways such as through, divine punishment, pagan, magic witchcraft or. Demonic influences throughout most religionsk, folk takes and, mythological stories curses are depicted as having devastating consequences and are. Often permanent that, being said there are some methods through which a curse can, be, lifted broken or at least have its effects nullified so that it can't harm. The victim the, first one, it, says complete complete the condition of the curse to. Remove it, that's interesting so. It says it is rare for a curse to be. Completely irreversible such curses are usually godly in nature and are provoked by the victim who deeply offend their. Ruling deity such examples include the cursing of king like on like a on okay le kieran l y C A o n likea on or something like on, okay anyway your boy, the king.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: It says such examples including the king who was transformed into a Wolf, by zeus because the king killed his son and then cooked and served Him to zeus at.
Speaker 3: A banquet ah like how likenography is of the study of. Were wolves i'm with, you, now okay, got you, got.
Speaker 2: YOU gotcha i didn't know that it came. From that.
Speaker 3: That's interesting most of those words have their basis In ancient latin Or. Ancient greek, so yeah come from. The king the first uh recorded thing of a were wolf type situation that was a Curse. By, zeus interesting.
Speaker 2: Didn't think it went, back there but? Why Not so, by comparison most curses inflicted through witchcraft or by demons are conditional, in nature meaning that the curse ends once certain conditions. Are met examples include returning a stolen item to its rightful place. Or owner kind of what you were. Talking about they didn't, return it but that could have been one way that would have lifted the nightmares and all the weird shit that was going on with your boys in. The, Military okay so returning a stolen item to its rightful place. OR owner a typical example is returning an artifact to the tomb of An angry. Egyptian mummy or you could find. True love this is the case Of The frog prince And the beauty And, the beast where a curse transforms a handsome priest handsome prince into, a beast and the curse can only be broken if they find. True, love okay, fair enough here's an, interesting one wait For the time. To expire christianity has the story Of The, wandering jew a man That taunted jesus as he was carrying the cross on the way. To crucifixion, as Punishment The wandering jew was cursed with immortality and forced to roam the earth until the second coming Of. The christ, of course the problem in this case is knowing the condition necessary to end. The curse, in, literature folklore, and mythology the one who inflicted the curse would sometimes communicate the end condition to. The victim, other times the victim had to figure this out by themselves or with the help of friends or allies such, as fairies, divine, spirit. Saints, etc yeah, You know i've heard.
Speaker 3: That story it's one of, those things like, you said it's Like a. Jewish myth it's kind of like the Story.
Speaker 4: Of.
Speaker 3: Lilith Right no christian literature Talks. About lilith it's a It's a jewish tradition that's kind of become its own mythological lore. To, it, so yeah The, Wandering jew i've heard of. This.
Speaker 2: One bro imagine just talking a bunch of shit As to jesus as he's gone up on. The cross imagine being so imagine being so stupid and doing That to jesus of, all people.
Speaker 3: The dudes on the side of him on their own. Fucking crosses one of them was talking shit even as he was on the cross next, to him. Dumb dum and then the, other one his brother is a matter, of fact had, you know seen the lights in that moment and prayed and asked. For mercy this other one, was, like, oh yeah you're the king Of the jews on the Son, of god and why don't you just take yourself down off this cross if you're. So powerful, it's, like bro there's nails through your fucking wrists too. Right now, and yeah so there's some people that are just going to be that way to the. Bitter end even talks about that in the end, time prophecies there's gonna be people that see, the coming they literally witness, the miracles and they're still going to try to justify it in their, own way and they're gonna try to make their own sense of it rather than just acknowledge that one plus one, Equals too they're gonna try to find a way to, where well maybe one plus one doesn't Equal to that WASN'T what i. Just saw it's. It's crazy they're gonna. Witness it they're gonna. See it even if they see the, rapture happen they're gonna, be, like oh the aliens took. Them up, it's like, you know this was written about in a book thousands of, years ago and you're still you're still gonna play this game like, all right, coo.
Speaker 2: Coo yeah to some goal to just be talk and Shit to jesus And then jesus, all, say less, Little bitch i'm gonna curse to you for the rest of your LIFE until i, come back And then i'll fuck.
Speaker 3: You, Again well jesus didn't, say that, BUT yeah i feel what you mean on that, for sure in so.
Speaker 2: Many words, You know i'm sure he. Phrased it and you know nice in the.
Speaker 3: Wrathful One that's. God's job jesus came To save.
Speaker 2: God, JUDGES well I mean jesus made this dude live for eternity until he. Came back that's kind of a Punishment if jesus. Did, that god that's the, real, Story. Right, yeah yeah then so another one would be to destroy the, cursed object which you know we were talking about with the fires or drowning it. Or whatever. It says the evil magical powers of a curse are often stored in a, physical item such as, a pelt, a doll or even. A needle this cursed item then channels the powers from the supernatural realm into the physical realm that we. Humans, inhabit thus destroying this magical item will also break the curse in all of, its effects sometimes. Even retroactive there are quite a few examples of this, in, history religion. And mythology so you got destroying a wolf's pelt to end a curse of were, wolf ism which says During The, middle ages church priests and common people believed a person could become a werewolf by wearing clothing made from. Wolf pelts it sounds sounds, about right like what was it your boy that we just talked about The war the original was the? Original Skinwalker? Oh enoch according to, some, legend, no No. Not enoch the. Other, GUY shit i can't remember what his. Name was It wasn't, Enoch, though okaine, the guy the guy that people. He was it's like another name. For, Idiot.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Nimrod nimrod, yeah, Yeah, YEAH well i.
Speaker 3: Mean and that's the. Thing too and that goes back to, even, further, like Uh, The, vikings right you would Have Your yam's vikings that would wear wolf skins and they would take on the wolf pack. Type things then you'd have the ones that would wear bear skins and be, a berserker which is a whole, other thing both of which kind of went into an animalistic frenzy when they would go. Into Battle now i'm not saying skin walker by, any means but when you Had The catholic church In The, middle ages right After the vikings went by the, wayside, saying ah clearly possessed by. A demon we have to burn. The pelt, YOU know i could, See.
Speaker 2: It that's what. It says the simple solution to this was to destroy the, wolf's clothing ideally with. Silver.
Speaker 3: Objects interesting interesting that they would bring, up silver and, you know silver has been used for a lot of things. Throughout history as a matter, of fact and that's the whle were, wolf, thing right the hit them with a stick with a, silver handle or a silver bullet or a. Silver knife and you know. IT'S funny i actually own a. Silver bullet this is a silver NINE mil i have enough for. Two mags WHY do i? Have that mind? You business but you know WHAT else i happen to have is a, silver coin a minted coin as a matter. Of fact and we actually do you. Sell these and if you would like to get your start in the buying and the selling of the silver and, gold bullion especially these days as the price of these things are going up and you want to get your way in now before, they skyrocket then come check. Us out cefcsilver dot com link is in the. Description below that is the best place to get your start in the buying and selling and trading and things and stuff as far as the silver and, gold bullion, minted coins all the.
Speaker 2: Things go Our Boy.
Speaker 3: Wayne clark is going to reach out to you whenever you fill out your information and he will help you get started every step of. The way, and yeah it is a great time to. Get started in that end of, SHAMELESS plug.
Speaker 2: I FEEL like i just allouped that one.
Speaker 3: TO you i don't know if you, intended to but it was a. SOLID value i just sent like a little. TELEKINETIC message i, said SILVER and i Was, like jacob pick up. ON it i. Felt, it.
Speaker 2: Then of course we talked About the Portrait Of dorian gray and The Novel dorian gray remains forever young by having his portrait age instead. Of him his curse is only lifted after he destroys the portrait with. A night another one is cleansing and destroying a. VOODOO doll, i mean, All right it says black magic practitioners often use voodoo dolls to inflict harm on. Real people to break a voodoo, doll curse the victim should ideally obtain the doll cleansing in holy water to break the magical connection to, the victim and then. Incinerate, it okay went, IN fire i. Got you then there's the Needle of Koshe. THE deathless i could be saying, that wrong but this story is actually pretty. Fucking wild it Says in Russian Folklore. Koshe kochi how would you? Say? THAT anyway i can't read THAT k o s c H e. I kochi whatever, it. Is anyway koche is, an evil immortal being that cannot be harmed or killed because his soul has been transformed into a needle that is hidden in a needle which is in, an egg which is in, a duck which is in, a hair which is in an, iron chest which is buried under a green oak tree which is on a far. Away, island thus only by recovering and destroying this Needle can cuchet. Be, defeated interesting what, a, Story.
Speaker 3: Uncle why needs to be inside of all of? Those things it sounds like an excess of a, Tur ducan but you're not even. Eating it?
Speaker 2: YOU'RE okay, i, mean look if you want that entity to or that curse to never, be lifted it probably go through some hoops in order to make sure that it never CAN be i. GET it i suppose then you got a running a knife on a. Cursed sigil in the case of modern, pagan witchcraft one way to lay a curse on someone is by carving or drawing an evil sigel on a. Victim's object this can be, their, car, home clothes. Et cetera in, this case the best way to break the curse is by unwinding it by running a knife on the sigel in the opposite way that it. Was, created damn that's a.
Speaker 3: Good, one yeah but you only know that if you were there to watch how it. Was created how do you know you're going in the? Opposite? Direction oh. GOOD point i mean maybe if you like caught them in the act, or something then you would know what. To do BUT if i woke up tomorrow go out to my car and there's a sigil carved, INTO it i have no way which way the fucking knife.
Speaker 2: Was going how, some people some people are really good at trying to figure out where it started and where it ended and shit. Like that maybe you'll be able, to, see like, you know like just for, an example if you took a knife to, a car you'd be Able, TO well i guess a better example, would, be, like uh watching, somebody's writing and you can, you know whenever, somebody's done they leave a little dot at, the end and maybe you trace that.
Speaker 3: Back, somehow yeah if it's, a word you would just trace it back the opposite direction. Or, Something, OKAY okay i guess. It's possible the. Situation Dictates but i've never heard this one before.
Speaker 2: ME neither i like it so you can also wear protection amulets like a cross and. A crucifix the ham's a hand, thor's hammer which you might want to be careful with that one because people might judge you because of certain ties that it. Has nowadays for, Some, reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah The aryan Brotherhood and white's supremacy have taken these things Of anything nordic now could very easily be attributed to white.
Speaker 2: Supremacist groups. It's crazy it's such a Shame because milnir is. Fucking, awesome, YEAH.
Speaker 3: Man i mean that's the other. Thing too there are something that'll, be, like oh it's an upside. Down cross it's like, not, exactly dude not even a, little bit but you. Know.
Speaker 2: Whatever, yeah well then you also Have the celtic, shield NOD which i used to have a necklace. LIKE that i didn't even know what. It meant somebody gave it to ME and i, WAS like i just thought it. Looked cool but yeah.
Speaker 3: IT does, I mean celtic not work.
Speaker 4: Is.
Speaker 2: Awesome yes then you Have the, nazar amulet which is the evil eye protector. That says the nasar is an eye, shaped amulet usually made of blue and. White glass the nasar protects against the, evil eye, an evil malevolent stare that is believed to bring, bad luck, negative energies or inflict curses because of its. Eye shape the nausor amulet stares back at the, evil eye reflecting the malevolent energies back onto the person giving. It solid then you, have protection runs. And sigils not everybody's going to agree, with these but this is in. The lore, first off you have the pentacle with the pentagram a five pointed star enclosed within, a circle with each point representing the elements, for, earth, air fire and water. And spirit it is a symbol, of protection, spiritual balance and the interconnectedness of the. Spiritual world then this IS where i believe you were talking about the, broken, Cross, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah you put that in a circle and you flip it. Upside down it's a, piece, Symbol right but which is? A, run yeah it's. A room but then some say it's a cross with, broken arms and it's a whole other symbolism. To it and that's why white supremacist groups have. Used that as a matter, of fact.
Speaker 2: They always Gotta go nordic every time.
Speaker 3: That's a name something whiter Than, the nordics going for. White Supremacy the nordics would be an easy place to derive. THAT from i. GET it i disagree, with IT but i.
Speaker 2: Get it so from some angles it's the. Broken cross from other angles it's. The owl is it?
Speaker 3: Alg's roun let me Read that there a L G. I z i would Call it alga's. OR algae'z i Don't Know algie's.
Speaker 2: Alge's Anyway the, algae's room also KNOWN as l has meaning elk OR the. Z room i don't know where you GET a z, in that but is one of the letters found in the older Footh arc, runic alphabet as it's a system of writing that is even older Than the norse runs more people are. Familiar with if the fingers were. Pointed up the run was a, life symbol which is depicted. Right here when used as a, life Symbol The algae's room was carved on weapons shields and armor as a talisman for victory and good luck and the sense that my life will not. End HERE nice.
Speaker 3: I like and then the hippies flipped it upside down and put it in. A.
Speaker 2: Circle, wild well people, get weird, they, Do uh and then you have the sigil Of archangel, michael right a complex design incorporating various symbols that are Associated With, archangel michael the angel Protection in Christian and. Jewish traditions one can either wear this singel this sigil as an amulet or drawn on. An object in, either case the sigel will create a connection to The, archangel michael thus protecting the wearer from, malevolent, spirits curses or. Negative energies, all, right?
Speaker 3: Awesome, alsome oh you KNOW what.
Speaker 2: I think as a matter, OF fact i could. BE wrong I think i'm right about. This though But the i've talked about the guy who who, does sacrifices and He Sacrifices Chicken, jays GARRETT and i believe he had. This tattoo so, THAT'S interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean like you like he, even said, you know it's he calls upon all kinds of, different things of the good and. THE light, i heard the good and, THE bad i, should, SAY so, i mean all right.
Speaker 2: For sure, and lastly, of course. There's prayer if you're trying to get rid of some kind of curse or hex or something, like that you should be able to call on. A prayer in, most religions prayers and sacrifices to the supreme divinity are often enough to break a Curse and, greek mythology, for example The god dionysus Famously Rewarded king midas with the power to transform everything he touched. Into, Gold however mightas soon realize that his blessing was more of, a curse since even the food that he touched. Became gold midas then Prayed to dionysus to be free from. This curse the god agreed And instructed midas to wash his hands in The river pactulus to remove. The curse and, another tale The god posided cursed The. HERO odysseus i say that cursed The hero odysseus to wander the oceans for ten years for. Disrespecting him odysseus only lifted the curse after offering proper prayer and sacrifice to the angry.
Speaker 3: Sea, god yeah that would be the story Of, the odyssey journey of him for ten years going and Basically retracing jason In the argonaut's tale and all. Of That the odyssey is one of my favorite stories. Of, antiquity honestly it's so it's.
Speaker 2: Fascinating then, of Course, for christians prayers Such As hail mary Or my father who art in heaven can break. Most curses these prayers function as verbal, protection talismans and, whenever recited they will cast away the evil energy surrounding. A person sometimes a curse may require multiple recitations if the curse afflicts, a house and might be necessary to recite the prayer in every room. And, hallway yeah.
Speaker 3: There, you go prayer And. The rosary you're gonna throw out a few our fathers and A Few. Hail mary's that's how. That goes so there.
Speaker 2: You go stronger curses or demonic possessions can only be lifted. With exorcisms an exorcism is a set of religious rituals and prayers Performed by christian priests as a way to get rid of a. Demonic, presence technically an exorcism can be performed by, any person even the. Possessed one oh. Okay never an exorcism is most effective if performed by a priest who understands the full meaning of all the prayers and, rituals involved and has a firm Connection. To, god then of course you can always call on a white witch or outsmarting the person who. Cursed, you oh the story Of.
Speaker 3: Rumpel, stileskin, okay, oh Okay, rumpel stilskin a little, out smarting a. Little wit i'm, with you.
Speaker 2: My Favorite from once Upon, a time my. Favorite character but in the fairy Tale, rumpel stielskin a miller's daughter is locked in a room by the king and told to spin straw into gold or else. Face death she is aided by a mysterious Imp, rumpel stilskin who performs the task for her in exchange for her. Firstborn child the curse like situation is lifted When rumble steelskin offers her a. Way out she can keep her child if she guesses. His name after, some investigation she learns his name and says it, out loud Causing rumpel Stilson rumble steelskin to become so enraged that he destroys himself thereby lifting. The, curse.
Speaker 3: Yeah there's something about, that, too right and knowing the demons name that's tormenting you throwing. It out there's there's precedence.
Speaker 2: To, this, yeah dude what is? Your? Name ezekiel, Just kidding i'm gonna build, a fire and that fucking mother next to it that that video, so. Classic, dude uh.
Speaker 3: CLASSIC YouTube i just introduced my Children to Charlie.
Speaker 2: The unicorn oh that's. A, classic yeah it's so annoying that it just never gets out of. Your head but there's something that just pulls you.
Speaker 3: To it it is and it's a. Short one it doesn't take a whole hour to get the lore. To it it's. It's short it's to the point, it's like what the FUCK did i? Just watch and then you're in on the, joke immediately.
Speaker 2: You, know yeah whenever for all the cult members who always hear like you might hear me say, uh shun, then, no, unbelieva, no, no no. That's right all of it goes Back To. Charlie, unicorn, yeah dude AND they, i mean they have. Plenty more, oh no that's about one. More Here So the carpenter and The Shape. Shifting, Demon okay so a carpenter's workshop was cursed by a demon who was envious of. His craftsmanship every object the carpenter made would transform into ugly shapes that were impossible. To, use upset the carpenter challenged the demon to a shape shifting contest to lift. The curse the demon transformed into, a lion and the carpenter transformed his work into. A cage then the demon turned into, a bird and the carpenter transformed his work into a. Bird, cage finally the demon turned, into water thinking that he. Had won the carpenter then transformed the bird cage into a wooden bucket and trapped the demon inside. Of it stuck in his own, water reform the demon had, to, concede defeat and lift the curse from the. Carpenter's workshop there you go out.
Speaker 3: SMARTING it, i mean there's a story of where the jack o lantern came from in the. Same way you remember hearing about.
Speaker 2: That story, oh, yeah, Yeah yeah well there's actually a lot of stories about the where the jack o' lantern story comes.
Speaker 3: To be, but yeah there's a one where he was drinking at a bar and the devil presented himself to him and, was, Like look i'm taking you, to hell and, he's like, all right tell, you what why don't we get one more drink for? The road?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 3: Right cool and then. They do then they have, another one and then. Another one this Is the. Irish tale and then came time, to pay but they racked up quite the tab and so, he's, like, listen man you're a, shape, shifter right so why don't you transform yourself into a gold coin to pay? The tab but, you're enchanted. Of course SO once i pay him and he tries to put you in, the drawer you just hop into, my pocket you KNOW what, i mean and we'll we'll get out of here completely scott free. Of Pain the, devil's, like, YEAH yeah i like. That, Idea cool so, he DOES and i forget if it's because the pocket was like blessed in some way or there was some way that once the coin went into, the pocket he was unable to. Transform Again so jack walked around with a demon in, his pocket unable to transform out of. A coin so finally when he, released him he had, outsmarted him so he wasn't, Doomed hell but he also was not going to heaven because he was supposed to Go to hell in the, First place so instead he got sent to a land that's kind of like purgatory. But worse the only thing that grows there. Is turnips, oddly enough so and he gave him one lump of coal that would burn forever as his, one reprieve so he took a, turn up and he carved out of it a face and put the coal inside, of it and there was the first Lantern for jack aka The jack, o lantern shot Outs.
Speaker 2: Old jack that's actually, if so me and my wife are trying to have. Another kid if we have, a boy his name's Gonna. Be, jack, REALLY yeah i like. That name it's a solid. Man name, you know, you know.
Speaker 3: Too many people are doing these wild names. These days whatever happened Is Just george, henry, Okay, auto like There's classic stutley names that have just gone by the. Wayside here and it doesn't have to always. BE biblical. I know that's another thing of his classic it's got to be a. Biblical, name, no, no, No No look i've met a. Four before he was a. Solid guy it's kind of, a dick but like that comes with the territori. Iut post, but, like yeah, there's solid classic names that aren't whatever the fuck these white women are naming these children. These days it's, you know there's other ways to go, about. It y'all That's all.
Speaker 2: I'm, saying yeah there's a lot of. WEIRD names i. DON'T know, I mean i guess a lot of names are really signs of, the times, you know like BACK whenever i, was named my mom named me and my sister from HER favorite. Tv show so like how people get inspired to name. Their kids it's actually my. Great grandfather his Name was jack and then his son Was. Named jack one of my favorite movies of all Time is Jack With, robin williams and so there's a lot Of good jacks.
Speaker 3: Out THERE but, i mean y'all's names are both solid. Classic names all of my, children well for the, most part it's a biblical and or. Classic name, but, LIKE yeah i, Get, this like, you know we don't have to go into The everything axton or everything. Aiden rule we don't have. To y'all it's, all.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's okay, you know just do your. Own thing don't follow the crown all.
Speaker 3: The time, and no, BY individual i don't mean find some extra way to. Spell it like there's like seventeen ways To. Spell megan now. IT'S ridiculous i wanted to Be named MEGHAN, spelled ghi, element o p THH.
Speaker 2: Or, E.
Speaker 3: Yeah megan, it's, like no don't add fifteen more syllables just to make it. One word.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous just name, your kids shathid get it over with at?
Speaker 3: That point? Why? Not, yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: ANYHOW look i wanted to bring this up because there have been a lot of, cursed, objects paintings you. Name it you can you yourself can, be cursed your family can. Be cursed anything can be cursed or hext AND so I just i know that a lot of people they mention, those things but, they're, like ah that's, just lore that's. Not, real ah that's just, a coincidence that's. Not real but the stories associated with them always have a flavor that rhymes with everybody else's story that comes in contact with these with these elements and these objects and. Everything, Else right so just wanted to show that there absolutely is validity. To CURSES and i wanted to bring Up The crying boy PAINTING because, i mean look how many crazy synchronicities there are with. THAT story, i mean the guy who was painting it adopted the kid who, you know his parents died in. A fire then he brings them in and his house, burns down and everybody was at eighty houses ended up burning down with the painting. In, there meanwhile the painting is totally, you, know fine maybe a, little charred maybe a, little smoky but for the, most part like, lore follows and this was kind of the proof.
Speaker 3: Of that that's. Also wild the kid died in a.
Speaker 2: Car, fire, yeah yeah just the. Craziest SHIT who.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that was a, pyromaniac thing or maybe that boy had, a demon a fire demon associated, with him or if this is in fact a case of some of.
Speaker 2: The worst, luck ever, like ever very well. Could be any of this. Is possible it's all up. To speculation we don't understand the fucking. Ethereal realm we don't understand any other dimension even than what we, live in and to, be honest we hardly understand this. Fucking dimension let's just, be real like we're constantly discovering, new things and so just want to throw it out there, that, magic, witchcraft hexes hereditary curses, all real, absolutely real. NO question i don't question it, at, all like not even a.
Speaker 3: Little, BIT yeah, I MEAN i've i believe this for quite. Some time and to see that so many different cultures believe it and they have different forms of how to get rid of them or what they may look like or. Whatever, else, Yeah, MAN no i thought this was an interesting episode. For sure never had heard about this boy in the painting in the, whole THING although i still think the artist was a pedophile and that he was painting. His subjects i'm gonna, be honest one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent it's like predexter. Type. Shit, dude, yeah yeah could. Have been, But, anyway yeah hopefully all of you good cult members really. Enjoyed it if you did really enjoy it and you enjoy these kind, of topics reach out. To us you can leave, a review you can come join Us, on patreon give us a Follow. On instagram we also have, YouTube shorts, which, is uh we can't put full videos on YouTube because we've already had four channels taken down in. The past we're not doing that, game again so we have to go with, the shorts and that's just kind of a way to be able to put it out there and get a little bit more eyes. On it we want to try and build as many or try and get as many people all around the world involved in this beautiful cult that we have built that is designed to open up your, third eye and so, you, know yeah do whatever you can to be able to help promote it in whatever way help us in whatever possible way that. You can, But uh jacob has a good way of doing.
Speaker 3: That too and Just Like jonathan, head said if you, haven't already dear, cult members what you could do at this time is please hit the, five stars Hit the Shares, of life subscribes, to comments leave a, postly review and shares with their friends, and family. Shares everywhere here's. The deal the more activity our algorithms see across all of the, listening platforms the more we can get promoted to more potential listeners who could become potential cult members out There A. Steve fine ladies, and gentlemen why are you ready to go Check, Out metamisteries jonathan's other show and getting the same love of respect over there the five stars and the. Positive reviews come Check Out cajen Knight. On patreon come Check Out meta Mysteries, On patreon come check us all out in all of, our projects and we thank you if everybody's already gone and.
Speaker 2: Done so and with that, being said this was another beautiful episode Of the Cults. Of conspiracy and My Name's jonathan jake and there's one, very important extremely vital piece of information we need you to learn just as soon as, humanly possible so no.
Speaker 4: Blare screen.
Speaker 3: So hey, Cult members jacob here just want to ask who wants? Better sex the best way to get started is to Go to Adam and eve. Dot com, Right Now adam eve is offering fifty percent off just about, any item but that's. Not all when you get, one item they will also send three bonus sexy items and six. Free movies they offered a screet shipping as your privacy is, a priority plus free shipping on your. Entire order doesn't matter how much you spend or what. You buy all we packaged and sent discreetly. For free that's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts to boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into. Your bedroom just Go to Adam and eve dot com and select any. One item it could be an adventurous new toy or anything. You desire just enter the offer code cult at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost, any item plus ten, free gifts three, bonus items six, free movies. Free shipping use the OFFER code cult THAT'S c U l T at Adam and eve. Dot com now this is an exclusive offer specific to, this podcast so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the, free goodies but also the one hundred percent free shipping with The code cult