Speaker 1: And now your host of Dodger top Tim Kakes. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? This Dodger team, they just don't die. They don't go away down five to nothing. Didn't look good, sloppy defense, miscues on the bass pass, not a great start from Blake Snell. And what do they do? They lock it down with the bullpen the final five innings and the Dodgers offense just chip chip chip chips away at a five to nothing deficit, ties it in the eighth where then Max Mounty two run double and Showy o'tany walks it off in the ninth inning. Hi, everybody, and welcome to postgame Dodger Talk here on a FI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. Thanks for being with us here until the top of the hour eight six, six, nine eighty seven to two, five seventy. Now I've been there where you're at right now, sitting in trafficking Dodger Stadium. You're in the parking lot, you're fighting kind of ton your way down to the sunset to the one, ten to the five. Let's talk some Dodgers baseball as you wait patiently try to get out of Dodger Stadium, where fifty thousand, two hundred and eighty one saw the Dodgers come back and get the wins six to five over the Atlanta Braves eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. You're not going anywhere. Just talk some Dodgers baseball. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two, five seventy one a night. It started hours before the game at Dodger Stadium, before the gates even opened up, one hundreds, if not thousands, waiting in line to get in so they can get one of the bobbleheads of show hey Otani, the one of four that he'll have this season when the gates open. Dodger fans rushed in when the game started. Maybe some of them rushed out after the Dodgers fell behind five to nothing, but for those that stuck around for nine innings, it's a twenty seven out sport, and the Dodgers needed all twenty seven tonight against the Atlanta Braves. Down five to nothing, down five to two, down five to three, tied it at five in the age Colin, one more Timelets here, oh walk off for show? Hey all right, mome.
Speaker 2: Oh this would be fitting and if there were an end right here, and everyone on their feet at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Show, hey old Toney on his bubblehead night, first piss swinging high drive left center.
Speaker 4: Field at the wall.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, so hey Old Toney, A sallo, not a swing, He's headed home head once again, the Dodgers walk off winners.
Speaker 1: I love it. A Ciinara swing, Pat, and that bad boy Stephen Nelson, A Ciinara swing. I love it. We're gonna hear that a lot more than season, as we're eight games in and the Dodgers have six comfort behind victories, and tonight on his bobblehead night, sho he Otani delivered with the solo home run to his center. He was three for five on the evening, got on base a couple of times. The Dodgers had their chances, and I was all ready to come on here to Dodger Talk and start defending what happened late in the game with the guys on base, and really no excuse for the Dodgers early on the miscues on the bass pass. Andy pie has got doubled up at third on a comebacker to the mound. You had Michael Confordo trying to go first to third in like third gear on a hard hit ball to right field and gets thrown out at third. That wasn't good. And then then defensive miscues Max Munsey's two throwing theirs, a communication issue between Blake Snell and keik Hernanez on a good bunt into no man's land there along the right field side of the infield, and then Andy pot Has boxing the ball in center field. They ruled it a two run double, but really it was an air on Pajez on the Aussie Albi's double in the second. Just not the Dodger team we are used to seeing. For the first seven games, efficient played good defense, good pitching, really good bullpen, and of course timely hitting. And that didn't really start for the Dodgers until after Blake Snell was gone. The Dodgers had made it a five to three game, had opportunities in the fifth, didn't get across any runs, had opportunities in the sixth, and couldn't get across runs even though they had runners on first and third in the eighth. In he though redemption time for Max Munci as he doubles to right center field to score two runs with two outs, and he abandoned the torpedo bat that everybody's talking about. He used it in batting practice, he used it for his first couple at bats tonight against the Atlanta Braves. But in the eighth inning, when the Dodgers were runners on second and third, he brought back that silver gray bat and deliver with the double the right center field to tie the game. And then, of course you just heard it, show Heotani with the walkoff double. I'm speechless as so far as what this team did tonight because it was a game, as Dave Roberts said, they had no business winning the way they played early, but they chipped away, they hung around, and I sat in the clubout show and I'll repeat it right now, as excited as we are about months he redeeming himself. Show Heyotani with the walk off home run. You gotta tip your cap to Ben A. Sparius, Kirby Yates and Jack Dryer, two guys that were in the minor leagues a year ago. And Kirby Yates, who is a dominant closer and has been for a few years. Benkus Sparrius gets himself out of a basis loaded jam, in the sixth. That could have just been the death nail for the Dodgers. In the sixth, Dodgers up five or down five to three. If Casparrius gives up runs and the Braves tack on more, the life of the Dodgers could have just been exhaled out and they would have just been ballgame. But instead he keeps it at a five to three game. Kirby Yates pitches the seventh, works around an infield single, and Jack Dryer a one two three eighth, a one two three ninth in two winnings of relief, kept it out of five to three game, kept it so they can keep chipping away and tie it in the eighth, kept the zero on the board of the ninth inning at a five to five game, so the nine to one to two hitters can come up for the Dodgers in the bottom half of the ninth and give him a chance and not having to be down six to five chasing a run needing two to win it in the bottom of the ninth. The bullpen did their jobs, and it's not gonna show up, you know, on on Sports Center. It's you're not gonna see it on Sports and at LA Marios Saliz isn't gonna have it on Channel four to nine or Jim Hill on Channel two. What a great how the bullpen did. But I'm gonna give the round of applause to the bullpen for what they did, keeping it at five runs for the Atlanta Braves, keeping it right there, and allowing the Dodgers' offense, which is arguably the best in baseball top to bottom, to get back in this game, tie it, and then win it with the walk off home run six to five, eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. We're gonna hear from Jose Moda coming up a couple of minutes. Heather leaving Dodger Stadium. Heather, welcome to Dodger Talk. What a thrillian night out of Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: Hey, so great to talk to you.
Speaker 7: We were here the whole family. We drove out from Utah and we always tried to come Opening Day or Opening week and came to the game Monday and Wednesday, and wow, this one was a little bit of a nail bier. We were a little bit worried about Monsey and how some of these players were just not quite in sync. But that's the thing, like you were saying, with the Dodgers, they're just never out of it and they'll always always stay in And like you said, the bullpen was awesome. They really came through tonight and I'm kind of I'm happy to see that Max kind of turned into mad Max and got that big hit in the eights, because that's what we were all waiting for. Yeah, and then show, Hey, you know, Bobblehead Night comes up and gets that big home run for the walkoff, and that's exactly what we need as Dodger fans and what we get excited to come every single night. A lot of people left early, and I'm going don't leave early because it's going to be awesome, I promise you.
Speaker 6: So it was.
Speaker 1: It was a great game, no doubt about it.
Speaker 8: Heather.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the phone call. I don't know if Heather you heard the post game with David Vasse on the field with Max Munsey, how emotional Max was, and just imagine being in his shoes for a minute. The game starts in the first a throwing air opens the scoring for the Atlanta Braves, and then, as they say in baseball, the ball finds you and not a good way, and the second inning started with him having another throwing air. A bunt single later in the inning opened the gates again for the Braves, but it all started with the second throwing air for Maxi Munci. He had an opportunity to come up middle of the game with runners on and couldn't deliver with the base hit. So, you know, Max who's an emotional player. We love that about him, certainly not feeling well about the way he handled those first two innings defensively, struggling at the plate, not just tonight, but the first seven games going into tonight's game against the Braves, hitting over just under one hundred on the season, and to come up in the eighth inning, you know, feel like you let your team down. You're the guy that kind of opened the door for the Braves. Maybe you feel like you lost the game for Blake Snell and your team after a seven to zero start. To come back and having to feel like that, and then the jubilation of hey, I just hit a ball right center field and tied this thing up, gave our team new life and a chance to maybe win it. Man, that's a roller coaster of emotions for maximun and tonight late in the game felt like a playoff game. The excitement at Dodgers Stadium, the people that were fired up in the eighth and ninth inning for the Dodgers, and the comeback, and then certainly, howckey you not be excited for a walk off win by show Hey, o Tani, let's check you out, Jose Motive, It's time to go around the horn with Hosean Mota, I mean Jose a walk off home run on his bobblehead nights the day started with people waiting hours to get a bobblehead, and it ends with people leaving Dodger Stadium after a walk off home run. What a night for the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Isn't that something I mean Dodger team overall beyond the show Hey, expectations and the bibblehead and how terrific it was people lining up since last night, And I think, and I wonder how many households, how many booths? So obviously the home booths were all thinking the same thing. How about bibblehead? How about a menu or Maris moment? How about a showhill Tony walk up right and he delivers again. He was in Tokyo. He delivers. I mean wherever he plays, it's crazy how good he is. But I think overall with Shohey and who also sounded very emotional, it's good to hear him say that fan yell at him about that. Yeah, I think it's terrific. But you know what I applaud Max Mounsey. It's not easy and haven't been there before. You cost your team runs early in the game and then you almost don't want the one will find you. But Max Monsey had the best answer about that, saying I wanted the ball after that, but that's how you get better. But for him, he came in today with two for twenty one, ten punchouts. It's great to see the way that he talks about his teamates and the way he supported and he stayed right with his plan, got some balls ahead on his own and again same thing as he wanted the baseball team, he also wanted that at bat. Yeah, and he delivered because he wanted me at that.
Speaker 1: Talk a little bit more about that, Jose, as a guy who played and being out there at third base, I mean, you're like the loneliest person on the field and you got fifty thousand people there bobblehead nights, it's Otani's night, and you just had two throwing theirs, and the ball seems to find you a couple more times after that, and he had an opportunity in the middle of the game and couldn't deliver the big hit. When you're going out there every half inning on defense, I mean, it could be the loneliest place in the world.
Speaker 8: Right, it could be very loneliest, Like you want to dig a hole and have nobody find you. There's gonna be like eight guys on the field, where and where's you?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: But at the same time, when you have a team around you, there's a portal like that. And also the fans, the fans, No, Max Monsey has a track record, yeah, with this team and with success. He's associated with success with his team and at times, let's not forget also it's him. He has got enough to slow starts on the defensive side. And one of them remember when the cut of the grass was an issue. Sometimes if there was an issue, but Max Munsey is one guy is not going to find excuses, go out there and just get the job done and grind it out. And he came out a very good time. But let me tell you, it is a very empty feeling because you know, at some point the ball will continue to find you. And after he had three games today pretty much the bad one on defense, the very good one on defense when he threw a structs there first base, and then obviously you know, the big hit.
Speaker 1: Blake Snell starting number two for the Dodgers. He had some control issues in his first start, got the win tonight, didn't help himself. Certainly, the strike zone was a little iffy, The airs behind him didn't help. His emotions got to him. Some walks didn't help. But Blake Snell outing number two tonight, what'd you make of it?
Speaker 8: I still work in progress. It's clearly that he's first started by a couple of things that are happening. They have nothing to do with deliver veloci or pitch his orbit, just the fact that he's not getting that top zone and you know, top striking. It's a big pitch for him because if you look at the way he pitches and what his graphic looks like, he needs to beat you downstairs with that change up in the slider right, but also with his curveball. He opens up your eyes as as a hitter up in the zone, and he can beat you by sometimes not even throwing his best fastball up in the zone because the curb is going to make you be aware of that part of the zone that label, right, So I can understand that, But I think overall, if even he opened up and said, you know, with the tapping and spring troiler, with the abs guys wire being toll challenge roller downstairs. So he makes some very good points having studied it throughout the league, but it comes out to make an adjustments. And he has enough in his pocket, let me tell you, and enough experience and Tucson Young's and enough stuff to know that if that's going to be an issue the rest of the year, then he has to be the one to adjust. But certainly we have not seen even near near the best of Blakes.
Speaker 1: Now, final thing, Jose, I want to make sure the bullpen gets as much credit as possible. They've been great in the first seven games. Tonight they were equally great three different guys tonight, putting up Zero's ben Conspiratus two shutout Indians, Kirby Yates a shutout seventh Inny, and then Jack Dryer pitches a one, two, three, eighth and a one two three ninth to keep it at five runs for the Atlanta Braves and not let them tack on, especially in that sixth. Then he went the bases loaded. Was huge.
Speaker 8: That was big. I think momentum changes in many ways where the offenses asking you, as a pitcher, just give us a chance, just keep it right where it is. And I'm gonna make this one about early in the season. You'll see a lot of teams go into situations like this where the guy that is brought into those situations down by five runs is a guy that perhaps just made the team or does not have the experience, so you want to get a speedword before you know it. Unfortunately, most times it becomes eight to nothing and then nine to nothing and then the offense is out. But the Dodgers are so deep and they're so talented, and they trust these guys so much. Dry was put on the roster its off season, and not just as a favor, saying let's make sure nobody grabs a note. We believe in him, and he's gonna be on the roster. He's gonna contribute. And you know the inbu To told you was not just an invite. He earned that, so it speaks of the depth. And then obviously the resources have somebody like Kirby Yer's come in and throw that in. But they did a good job stopping the momentum from the other side with the Braves to getting that momentum on the defensive side and offensive side to make sure the guys and the bench believe that one swing could change it. And again, who else but mister Sayonada.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Jose will checking with you a couple of days.
Speaker 8: Appreciate it, talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: All right, there he goes Jose Moda getting his posting game thoughts. As the Dodgers do it, they come all the way back from a five to nothing deficit, they win it six to five. Max Munty to run double tight end in the eighth and then show hey, o Tani on his bobblehead night walks it off with a home run to center field, his third of the season, his second career walk off home run, both in a Dodger uniform, and the Dodgers win it six to five. We'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll get to the more of your phone calls. One a night out of Dodger statium. These six come from behind win for the Dodgers. They finish off at perfect homestand and the Dodgers the best start by a defending World Series Championship team in MLB history at eight and oh to start the season. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is a number your phone calls. Will we come back? Tim Kats Colling, He and you here on Dodger Talk on ANFI seventy ALI Sports seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talks. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 2: Come find me Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports show.
Speaker 3: Hey Old Toney on his bubble head night, first pitch, swinging high drive glass.
Speaker 5: Center field at the wall. Oh my goodness, so held Toney.
Speaker 1: H Sello not a swing. Stephen Nelson went the call the walk off home run from show Hey Otani. In the bottom of the ninth inning, Dodgers comes storming back, remain five nothing deficit, airs early on miscues on the bass pass. They score two in the second a run in the fourth on the Michael Conforto home run and the Max Munsey redemption with a two run double to right center field tied it at five in the eighth, and show A Otani with the solo home run, his second walk off home run of his career. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast. Go to A and FI seventy LA sports dot Com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs the next game. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Ravi was at the game tonight out of Dodger Stadium. Hi, Ravi, what a game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, what a game? Here with my son a day after his birthday. He's an April Fool's birthday. The Dodgers were playing like fools early on. Petros and Money had me all anxious talking about all the lines for the bubblehead. Oh yeah, but you know what, and you think we're gonna be all right when we cruised on up from coast to Mesa in our seats in about an hour and a half, and even though things weren't looking too good, when Caspiraus got out of that bases loaded. Yeah, I think the brads knew that they were in trouble. And my son, Noah, who's here with me right now, Noah say hi, because he's the one who called in. He was brave to call in. It's our first time calling Noah say hi. I so you know, it turned out well. And I was resigned to after five zero. I said, hey, they got it back to five to three. We got our bubble heads. Everything's good. Let's just see what happens.
Speaker 10: And we saw what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unbelievable, finished Robbie. I appreciate it. Thanks to you and Noah. Drive carefully back to the Orange County area. Thanks for checking in here to Dodger talk. Yeah, it sounded like a lot of Dodger fans stuck around. Because you can see the momentum change. You can feel it, as Rick Monday says, you can't see it necessarily, but you can feel it in a game, the way the ball bounces for a team, the way things go right or wrong for a team in certain at bats innings leads to comebacks, leads to losses. You can feel it. And when the Dodgers taught me he hadn't hit that two run home run the second inning he made it five to two, you kind of felt like, all right, there's a lot of baseball left to be played. And when Michael Confordo hit the solo home run the fourth, you felt like, we're at the halfway point of the game and it's only a two run game. They had opportunities in the fifth, the sixth, the seventh and couldn't deliver. Albeit the bullpen was still continued to put up zeros and keeping it at five to three and allowing the Dodgers to have those opportunities in a two run game in the fifth, the sixth, the seventh, and then finally in that eighth inning, Maxi Muntzi delivered with the two run double the tide and then show how you a Tani. Colin E, by the way called it. He could see it lining up the way it did in the eighth inning. When Jack Dreyer was back out there to pitch the ninth Colin E called it and said, Otani's due up second in the ninth case. I said, I know, and he goes you know he's gonna walk it off, right, I said, that's it's not gonna happen. And Colin you called it a walk off home run on his bobblehead night for Show Hey o'tanni. After any dye pot has got out for the first out of the ninth inning, the first pitch from Showey o'tanni, he takes it to left center field for a home run and the Dodgers win it six to five. Eric in Hollywood, I know what's coming. What's up?
Speaker 4: Eric, Dodger day Sha, Timmy ate it? Oh wow, Mansie came through my Dodger tech shape was dotted him.
Speaker 8: I never did.
Speaker 4: I love Maccie Dryer.
Speaker 10: It's hurly dang.
Speaker 4: That dude got an arm man does Yeah, he does, Timmy, I know it, Turley, But I love how the Dodgers are battling for wins.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I love it. Shut out to my boys, Man, Meg, Jimbo, Ron.
Speaker 1: George, say other names, Eric, all their names right.
Speaker 4: We love you guys, man, we love you, Tivy, We love the Dodgers. He loved everything that's going on right now. We are excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun right now. They're winning in different ways. How about six of the eight wins come from behind, wins Tonight doing it down five to nothing. Dave Roberts said, they had no business winning this game. They keep in mind, they've won different ways, and they've done so with a lot of injured pitchers. They've got eleven pitchers on the injured list. That's why you're seeing Ben Casparrius and Jack Dryer in early games here in twenty twenty five. Now, as far as the lineup is concerned, let's keep in mind they're eight no. They're doing what they're doing. And Mookie Betts missed three games, okay. Freddie Freeman has missed more games than he has played in this year, eight games in Dodgers eight No. He has twelve at bats on the season. He's played in three games. Freddy Feaman and the Dodgers continue to win. One night. It's Will Smith delivering, Max Munsey delivering ta Oscar Hernandez. Tonight did not have a very good night at the plate. He was zero for four with three punch outs. Ugh oh for four, Mookie Bets oh for four. But the Dodgers still find a way to win. They still bang out nine hits in the game. Why Tommy Edmans, Oh, Michael Confordo tonight, Different players, different nights. That's what's so dangerous about this Dodgers team. And I can't say it enough. You can't hear it enough. Whether it's Otani at the leadoff spot or a Kik A Hernandez in the eighth spot, down to whoever's batting ninth, Andy Pajez, Chris Taylor, whoever it is. There's different guys on different nights that can produce. And let's say Mookie has an oh furtnight, Oh like tonight, the Dodgers can still rally to win a game without Mookie at a Mookie moment. Oh, Taoscar Hernandez, Gosh, he's been so good. Oh three punchouts, Oh for four. The Dodgers can still win because Confordo comes through with a couple of hits, including a home run. Tommy Edmunds delivers with a home run and a couple more ribbies. Max Munsey delivers when he needs to most in the eighth inning. It's not one or two guys in a lineup, and then they're like, oh gosh, how soon before we can get back to Otaani? So we have a chance to get a run and maybe win a game. Oh gosh, how soon can we get back to the three four guys in our lineup? Because there are our best hitters and our only chance. No, no, no, this is a Dodgers team. Literally, anybody in the lineup could be their night. And then you string it together a couple of players in a game, and maybe not even the superstars, And then you string them all together in a game and they win in a blowout. This is how dangerous this team is. I don't think you understand Dodger fans, the depth of this lineup on a nightly basis, top to bottom. How good this lineup is? You hear it all the time. Where is there a spot for a pitcher to breathe? Where is there a spot for a starter or reliever to say, Okay, I just got Otani out, I'm good for a couple of batters. I feel confident about what I have against this matchup, in this hitter. No, you look on deck, You're like crud. Is that ta Oscar Hernandez? Is that Will Smith in the hole? Are you kidding me? Keiki Hernandez, mister heroics is on deck next inning. It's just there's no holes in this lineup. Just remember that that's how talented this team is. Eight to o six, come from behind wins, different ways of winning it, different guys winning it for him. A banged up pitching staff, as far as the guys on the injured list, young pitchers, bullpen relievers that are hurt, and they're still getting it done. It's this is a deep, deep team, deeper than they've ever been, and they've been one of the best, deepest talented teams the last six years. This by far is the best. Amir Hills this next up here on Dodgers Off. What's going on in Mere? How you doing?
Speaker 10: Man Ay Tim first time caller. Uh just wanted to say, Uh, I'm not really worried about this team's hitting, this team's pitching, or the team's bullpen in anyway.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to.
Speaker 10: See if you if you think that it's like today they made a lot of errors, then a lot of like you know, I want I wonder if you think that there's a chance that any chance that you know, that might be the start of like something bad for the Dodgers, Like do you think they're going to be a good defensive team this year?
Speaker 1: I hope so. I think they're their miscues tonight were exposed a little bit because no Freddie Freeman at first, and I don't know if I tweeted it out. I certainly had it in the chamber ready to go sending it out on Twitter. But Freddie Freeman has not won a Gold Glove with the Dodgers, and that that is an outright shame and it's criminal that Freddie Freeman has not won a Gold Glove with the Dodgers. I I can sit here and remember so many plays in which Freddie Freeman has had to pick a ball at first, jump up and make a play. He did in the playoffs last year against the Padris memory came down and landed on that ankle, but he was okay, go up and getting a ball, picking a ball at first, going up and getting it, going down the baseline and making a tag on a runner because the throws are offline, because Monsey won hops him, because whoever is playing short last year was Mookie Betts making a throw and short hopping him at first. But Freddie scoops it up. Freddie picks it and we don't blink. We just go oh six' three put out oh into the. Inning Max monsey To, friedman keep in, mind he's bailing these guys out on a lot of, throws and he has done that over his, career but with The dodgers more So Tommy edmund on This homestand there's been a couple of times Guys Tommy edmond has been a great pick at second base on a low, throw a one, hopper a short hop and he's gotten the force out or he's gotten the tag after the great pick and we just, Say, wow what a great play By. Tommy, no that was a fantastic defensive play that's just gonna get overlooked because the final out of the, inning in the middle of a game In, april but he bails out the guy who throw. It now, Know Freddie freeman the lineup, tonight that ball That Keikey hernandez had in the first, inning Maybe Freddie freeman picks, it and we're not even talking about falling behind five to. Nothing but as it, is the play has not made. It first on the one hot For Max, muncie ball gets away from keik and they get a couple runs in the. First they get three more in this. Second Freddie freeman's presence on defense bails out a lot of. Guys maybe it kind of is the makeup over something that's kind of an issue and kind of a blemish for This dodgers. Team if we're gonna be real and be honest about the, Defense Andy pajez dropping the ball in center. Field they ruled it a double For Ozzie albi's in the second. Inning that should have been AN e.
Speaker 10: Eight.
Speaker 1: OKAY i looked At coliny AND i, said that's a double and he goes. No they, yeah it's a double in the, book AND i, said, no that's an. Air, no they ruled it a double in the. Scorebook it's a. Double when we look back at this, season it's gonna show up as a. Double nobody remember That Andy potts should have caught that ball in center. Field the misque on the, bunt the communication Between key k who's playing great at, first you, know he's not a first base when he's playing there doing his, best this little bit communication issue with with him And Blake snell on a bunt that was well placed kind of in no man's land in between the mountain, first but little misque about who's covering first and who's getting the. Ball you, know a clean throw For Maxi munsey laying the game on a ball that went Off Kirby yates a bang bang play at. First you, know if you get, that you bare hand you. Throw i've seen it done a thousand. Times but he eats it and puts it in his back, pocket so to, speak and doesn't make the throw.
Speaker 10: And the, inn he.
Speaker 1: Continued, thankfully The dieters got out of it with no runs given. Up but the, Defense, Yeah i'm telling, You Freddie freeman makes you look a little prettier than it. Is he's that, lipstick that cosmetic work on A dodgers defense that maybe isn't as pretty as we, think but he makes it look. Good that's for. Sure they should get him like a cosmetic like, endorsement you know, something the way he is bailing out guys all the. Time and tonight The dodgers defense riders ugly ahead Without Freddie freeman at, first and they fell behind five to, nothing but the offense and this team just so good they come back and win his six to. Five on the, Show hey O tani walk off home. Run Franken, monrovia, Welcome, Frank how you doing?
Speaker 10: Tonight doing? Good? Really?
Speaker 4: Glad to hear.
Speaker 11: That here are you on the show? Tonight thank You just a couple first of, all you, know props to those you, know props to the guys that came in After Blake, snow you know that put the, lead that put the league un notice that everyone is focused on our starting, rotation those middle, relievers those, closers those are the guys that are going to be making it. Happen and as far as The atlanta's, concerned this was supposed to be their game where they broke out of that. Shell if they wanted to be A World series, contender this this game needed to be in the, bag and it wasn't able to. Happen that just shows the t nasty of The dodgers and what we and what a lot of people are going to expect from The. Dodgers that's the, heart that's the hard. Sell The dodgers are always going to have a target on their back, now but throughout the, Season dodger fans need to remember it's gonna be ups and, downs but that consistency with the fan based and that consistency with our pitching those need to stay and no matter, what we're always going to back. Them eight, no was, fine but you know, what we? Want That World series ring got.
Speaker 1: Me, too all, Right, frank appreciate. It to think this team is going to go one hundred and sixty two to. Zero it's not gonna. Happen it's just. Not the season is too, long it's impossible it's gonna. Happen but who's to say The dodgers can't win two out of every three games in a, series three out of every four games in a. Series if you do, that you're looking at a stupid amount of wins for This dodgers team if they win every. Series that's what a lot of teams players going into a series look. Like, hey we'd love to get a, sweep of, course we'd love to go To philadelphia this weekend and get a three game sweep Of Bryce harper and The. Phillies but you know, what two out of three is equally as good because you win the series and you move on To, WASHINGTON. Dc you want to, sweep but, hey we win two out of, three win a, series and you keep stacking series wins and next thing you, know you won two thirds of your games and you're chasing one hundred and sixteen. Wins now that's getting way ahead of ourselves. Here but my point is they're not gonna go, undefeeding but they'll continue to stack up series wins as they do. It that's that's a positive for This dodgers. Team and they're gonna have games like. Tonight, well they don't play, well But i'm telling, you they're so. Talented they're never out of. It the offense is so, good they're never out of a, game even down five to nothing after two. Winnings is, He, anaheim we gotta wrap things? Up dodgers are Eight, No dodgers are in first, place and The dodgers are now hitting the. Road is? He everything's? Great?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Yeah i'm wary, though but they'll be you, KNOW i get well we doing this season, him you know, HOW i am so but but, hey what the? Game CAN i? DO i love Soh, HEY i just love. Him he's my favorite. Player, now don't Tell clayton because they'll Love. Clayting BUT.
Speaker 1: I Heard kershaw is not listening driving. Home yeah he still loves, you but it looks like Show heyzani is now her?
Speaker 9: Favorite, yeah well, anyway but, Yeah i'm gonna be worthy through the whole. Year don't.
Speaker 2: Worry you, KNOW.
Speaker 9: I will yo, anyway something gonna fall. Apart do you feel like lay?
Speaker 1: Easy what kind of thinking is that things are gonna something's gonna fall apart at some? Point, no how can you think? That why are you thinking so negatively about this? Team they're eight, no and they've overcome six different. Games they've come back in one from behind when they're trailing in this.
Speaker 9: Game, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Know, Well colin AND i are both knocking on wood is. He we don't want injuries to hit this team at. All appreciate the phone. Call we'll check in with you tomorrow and off, Night dodge you, talk but we don't want injuries to this. Team this team's gonna get only. Healthier that's what's. Scary the amount of guys sitting on the injured. List AND i say guys mostly. Arms there are eleven of them on the injured. List some of them aren't coming back to help ab out This dodgers. Team but think about, It Michael kopek And Evan phillips to add to that bullpen nasty, RIGHT i mean to add both those guys who should be in the. BULLPEN i, mean there's no need for them to hurry to come. BACK i, mean take your, Time, kopiak take your. Time Evan, phillips Got Jack dryer, Here we Got Ben kasparius holding down the fort until you guys come. Back it's a long. Season, yeah don't worry about. It we'll Get Clayton kershaw on the rotation at some. Point oh, yeah Sho heyotani is expected to pitch at some point for The dodgers this. Season but, no, hurry It's. April there's no need to rush a guy back to get thirty starts to go To. October for all you, panicking why isn't show a pitching? Yet we thought he was gonna pitch in twenty twenty. Five he will just. Wait it's a one hundred and sixty two game. Season we're eight games, in they're eight To, no there's no need to bring him back right. Now you want to save those, bullets so to. Speak you want to save that arm For september And. October all, right that's gonna do it For dodger talk on This what is? It wednesday? Night, Yeah dodgers get the, win six to five over The Atlanta. Braves they come back from a five to nothing. Deficit Blake snell and no. Decision Jack dryer gets to. Win Raseielle, iglesias geinst the, loss The braves. Closer they had a five nothing. Lead it got away from. Him dodgers when it's six to five on a walk off. Show hey O tani home run in the ninth inning thanks To Colin Ye he's the. Man thanks to all You dodger fans for being a part of the show. Tonight thanks for listening on your way home wherever you're at on This wednesday. Night i'll be back with Off Night Dodger talk tomorrow. Night until, then have a, great safe rest of Your wednesday evening until. Tomorrow dodgers off Until, friday when they started a six game roadchip In. Philadelphia so, long, everybody