Speaker 1: Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio. It is May the nineteenth, twenty twenty five. It is Monday. It's a beautiful inside, being honest with you, but it doesn't feel like it should with it being the middle of May, soon to be June. Still a little chilly outside being honest with you, you have to put a sweater on at the beginning of the day. But it's going to be a fantastic day. And welcome back to the show. We've got tons of sports.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're to talk about, as you are well known, but.
Speaker 1: There are some issues going on again. We had a awful tornado tear through eastern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Guys. It seems like we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about this all the time now when you're talking about nineteen confirmed deaths.
Speaker 2: Guys, again, let's just make sure we keep them in our prayers.
Speaker 1: If you have any extra money that you have, make sure Red Cross is a great place to go, a safe place to go where you can believe that the money is going to go to help the people that you wanted to help. But all I can say is, toy, this is starting to get frightening. We know what the kind of storms that have been pushing through the Louisville area. I mean, and we thought they were going to be very severe, and we were very lucky. Last year about this time, I was speaking to you all about the trees being I had forty foot pines in the back of my home and they were snapped like toothpicks. And it's just amazing what the weather has been like this last year. Excuse me, two years ago. So we just want to make sure that everybody understands that we're with them the best of our ability for the loved ones that have been lost. All we can do is pray for the families, and let's just make sure that we're uplifting and do what we can do. But I just wanted to make sure we spoke about that. Now, got my younger son, Anthony is on another line, and.
Speaker 2: How are you now.
Speaker 3: I'm doing fantastic the morning. How are you great?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Great, It's excellent, Anthony. We've got we got to bring on that other guy, but I want to bring him on too. We've got yourself, had a great long weekend, and we've got the one and only.
Speaker 2: His name is George Williams. Don't believe anything else.
Speaker 1: He comes up with a lot of names for himself, but he is George Williams, photographer and one of the better friends of Esports Radio, but he won't tell you that he likes to.
Speaker 2: Keep his mailbox up. George.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the showing checking In, George Williams, What did you just say?
Speaker 4: I said, checking in seven o seven.
Speaker 2: Rock and roll Read rock and Roll?
Speaker 1: George, Is there anything that one of you all want to add about tornadoes that have ripped the ruis from Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Guys godly last night? Why it was just crazy? It's crazy that. I mean, the pictures are just devastating.
Speaker 4: You know, the only thing I can end Jerry. It's just amazing to me how those tornadoes move and how they affect different communities, and how they come up and go down and drop in and drop out. And you just don't know. I mean, there's no safe hold. I mean, you know you don't know what it's at. No, I mean I didn't. I didn't realize. I mean, you know, you can talk about it, and I know it's still not as devastating, but I had no clue how bad I was looking to the SEP track and feel Jerry, Oh, I don't know what's going on, I don't know what's going on. You got me back. I'm totally gone. Oh okay, I just said that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, it just devastating when you watch it and how bad it looks, and then when you see it again it's you know, because I into it at the SEC track and field Saday and you know, you talk about nineteen people jed, but I had no idea how bad it really was up there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I would save even I saw I saw a new chart that's showing it's prettymuch showing like almost like the new tornado Alley.
Speaker 3: It used to be more a little bit farther.
Speaker 5: West going towards in Oklahoma, but it's it slid right over the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: So it was a chart that showed.
Speaker 5: Kind of like a red yellow and kind of an orange and gray area where it kind of rangers have results were in Texas and Oklahoma kind of in the yellow to orange mark now, but Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio areas all in the red now. So we get the worst tornadoes at anyone in the country now, worse than Oklahoma and Texas.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, I mean, did they give you a reason why it has made the change.
Speaker 3: I mean, but it's pushed.
Speaker 5: It's pushed more east.
Speaker 3: It's still in the Midwest, but.
Speaker 5: Right it's got a little bit more areas, Like we're in there a lot worse now in antenn Ce, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, get to it. So we've moved into that more high severe damage to tornadoes than anywhere else in the country.
Speaker 4: Now, wow, that's something you don't want to hear well. Like I say, we just want to wish them the best and hope, you know, the best that can come out of because we know it's devastating, and you know, let's just get behind him, like Jess said, if we can, let's do what we can. Let's get what we can and play for the families.
Speaker 2: That's all we can do. Georgia and a great job.
Speaker 1: I don't things happen in live radio, especially when you're in your basement. I'm in my basement, so I appreciate you all carrying that. I was able to hear you all. Y'all could not hear me, but I love your dialogue Anthony and George and what you all said.
Speaker 4: And Jerry, I want to say this, it was good and not being able to hear you. You know what, George, I'm just I'm just saying that if it just something that made the show a little better.
Speaker 1: J I'm okay, I'm gonna be the better man. Everyone says turn.
Speaker 4: And you don't do that.
Speaker 2: At the end of the I'm gonna just he's away from that. George.
Speaker 4: You may not cutting out of the cheek, You're just not saying what you want to exactly.
Speaker 1: George, Coach Beard was about to come out of me, and then I have to stop the He is a professional four year for a letter word, man, George. I'm good now, George.
Speaker 2: I'm used to.
Speaker 1: George and I used to be sitting side by side in the old studio of Newburgh Road, and I'm telling you, soon as we went to break we curse it. Like say, listen, George, really make sure we were off air.
Speaker 2: We were all air.
Speaker 1: George Family show people know we do not We do a great job of curtailing what we really want to say.
Speaker 2: But anyway, George, Anthony.
Speaker 4: No, I did hear I had our boys moving back each day, but.
Speaker 1: Go he's only going back to close his dang apartment up. Okay, tell you don tell me if this makes sense. But here's what I told him yesterday. And Lisa, his wife, you know it, always say dollars and cents must make sense, George.
Speaker 2: Well, when you have too much money, this is what you do. You own a place in Harlem.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I've been to it three or four times. Mike Bide and I walked in the hallway, George, and I'm telling you all honestly. Now, Mike's no huge guy, and I'm not either. We could not walk shoulder to shoulder. The hallway was so tight. I want people to know what living in New York's like.
Speaker 2: We could not.
Speaker 1: Walk shoulder to shoulder, side by side the hall he was so small, Okay, George. We get into the condo, which is probably I think he sold it at a million three. And I mean, George, it was just enough room for two jerbils to walk around. I mean it was flat. Debt, ridiculous, George. That's all I'm telling you. Got me million three and we're talking about one hundred and twenty six in Lenox. If people know anything about New York, right in Harlem, not very far from Sylvia's restaurant and well renowned of the Apollo theaters up the road. I mean, guys right there. Okay, he puts it on the market. He was on the market for about two years, and he rents a place in Jersey. Got me right on the water, not in Fort Lee, but very close to Fort Lee, George, which is right on the other side of the HUDs. You got me, he rents it. I'm like, why would you do that? Well, we just did because we're gonna move to Phoenix. Then why would you rent a place.
Speaker 2: In New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Well they do so, George. Then they moved to Phoenix. Got me rent a place in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: This is true. Now I'm not this is no joke. Rent a place in Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Call me. Three weeks after renting the place in Phoenix. We're gonna get a larger place in Phoenix. We're gonna close our place up in New Jersey. We're not going back, so George, they're going back just to close their apartment up. Their leases through the end of the summer, so they're gonna be there. Then then they're gonna move back to Phoenix to a larger place Jorsey. You know, my dad used to say, dollars and cents must make sense. They just have too much money.
Speaker 2: That's all Georgia. That's the truth.
Speaker 4: Guys that I would love to share that problem with them.
Speaker 2: I could I.
Speaker 4: Commit it with that lifetre Jaed, I don't know. I think it makes good sense to me if I got it, I done, got older in life. I'm spending my money, Jed, I'm not. I'm not worried about how much money I leave here. I got it. I'm gonna spend it. So I'm not willing a about that. Butch, Coach said, I got it, I earned it, So I'm spending it. And that's what I'd be doing. Jack.
Speaker 2: You know what I told him at seventy six, seventy seven years old.
Speaker 1: I said, Butch, I need you but to get another job so I can steal some more money off of you.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 4: I'm spending that money. Jack. Ain't nobody getting that money. It's going out the window.
Speaker 1: Coach Beard is going back to New York to close his apartment up throughout the summer, and then he's not going back, which George Anyone owed, you're not going to retire in New York. I know they both live there. They love that rock. I love the city to visit. Anthony loves it. I mean he's got an experience when he got locked out of the airport. We'll tell you that another day. But George Williams, I said, I love it too. You two just don't get any sense. They got too much money, George.
Speaker 4: So yes, ad next play less enjoy the times. Yeah, they're blessed. They best to be able to spend that. Man, what are you gonna do with it? I'm spending Jay, I ain't come on. Man'll tell you enough money? How much more you want?
Speaker 1: Hey, George, he's still alive and I'm still a tig, George, and I still suck blood of the federal government.
Speaker 2: George, I believe in taxation.
Speaker 4: So those of us that know you, Jared, we know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: And he understands.
Speaker 4: So guys, does he does?
Speaker 2: We got sports, guys, we got a lot of George Williams. Let's do it when we when we.
Speaker 1: Come back, Shannon played the last twenty five thirty seconds of the Prequeess. Guys, you all know I don't gamble. I know horsemen now, and I do know a little bit more about the horse business we do ten years ago.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: But I'm still that I'm a horseman. I bring them on to tell me, just like Dale romans to George. Uh, after you talked about the whip, Dale calls me he couldn't come on. He told me exactly how the whip is just a little styrofoam thing. You said, it has not harm the horses at all. So I do no horseman now, and I can call him directly. But George may have been the greatest stretch driver I've ever seen. I was screaming and yelling. So let's go to break Shannon, because we're right at seven seventeen. Shan has got it up. When we come back, guys, we're gonna listen to the last twenty five seconds of that breakness and talk about it after the break.
Speaker 6: Indeed, and journalism is moving through, moving through on the inside slight study, a little bit of traffic, but journalism is trying to box on through very tight. Still is journalism? Goskars come away with a lead, A lot of bumping going on as clever again, study and shuffle back. Journalism shifted in. Here's sand man on the outside trying to run on. Journalism has recovered. Journalism has recovered and is coming Journalism. Journalism Sansation all run despite traffic. Godsgar was second, then Sandman third, and Galorreated fourth.
Speaker 1: Guys one hundred and fiftieth running of the Preakness. George, did you watch the race? Did you Were you able to see the race?
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 4: I saw it. Jed was that?
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 1: How many times did you think journalism was gonna go down? I thought they were gonna go down three horses. I thought it was gonna be one of the ugliest scenes in Triple Crown history.
Speaker 2: George.
Speaker 1: I mean I was screaming with my mother, going They're gonna go George, I never seen like ever your opinion right through a d anty.
Speaker 2: Your opinion? What did you think?
Speaker 4: Well, jee, I thought not only that, And then Jay I thought like we had a couple of years ago at Churchill Downs when I bet you I bet number seven and it took him completely off the board. I thought we wasn't gonna have another one of those, another one of those days, Jae. I thought Lahaws was gonna get disqualified, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Growing up And oh, George, it was crazy, George.
Speaker 4: They were banging, they were banging to that. It just shows you how physical horse faces. Really is when them horses get together and then jackets get together. There they bang it. They're not playing. They fight each.
Speaker 2: Other, George. They're elbowing each other. I mean they all yeah each other.
Speaker 4: It was amazing. Yeah what And like you said, it was amazing. No one got hurt.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, it was amazing. No one went down.
Speaker 1: And George, I can't believe that those three horses, I thought they were all going to go down. I was fighting for it at eight to ten seconds stretch. I was legitimately going, they're gonna go down. I have never seen anything like that, George ever.
Speaker 4: And the strength of those horses.
Speaker 1: Oh, Anthony, Yeah, if I treated it out, it was the race was over. I want every but understand, if you're not rubbing, you're not racing, George.
Speaker 2: And people said that's supposed to be for the car racing, but it was for the treat Andy, What did you think at me about that race? Fantastic race, you know what.
Speaker 5: As funny as it sounds, I actually did not watch the pre this at all. I didn't even know realized what was going on this weekend. I was I didn't I barely catch up with any force this week and other than the play off.
Speaker 3: That was about it.
Speaker 5: But I'm glad one though. Oh yeah, he feels short a little bit in the Derby, but he balked past the Preakness.
Speaker 2: So that's a sovereignty.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people, mister George, I did, Anthony. Mother and I were the only ones. Everybody knows, George. Usually my whole family gets together for the Triple crowns. But my father passed away, and his brothers passed away, and her uncle passed away, who were big horsemen, like I told people, So it's just my mother and I and I'm the only one, screamed. Larry's in London. I'm little brother, and Carrie and my wife were at Derby City. I'm throwing them under the.
Speaker 4: Bus some money on this. I'm going to say you no care was watching.
Speaker 2: Derby City, George Anthony. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: But if they were rubbing Anthony like auto racing, I'm telling you, they were bumping and banging. And journalism showed me, George. He showed me a ton. That horse showed hard he.
Speaker 2: Had to one.
Speaker 4: Well, he's been well documented, yeah, he been well documented.
Speaker 1: He wanted to win that race and what a great race. Now here's the thing though, and you may not know what George does. Kobe and destroyed, George right demolished. What do you think being rebuilt in the same place.
Speaker 4: What do you think though, Well, they say they let it run down so badly that they couldn't redo it, you know what I'm saying. They said it was almost dilapidated, because I mean that in Church of Down in the same era, and uh, we've kept Church of Downs up. But they said that the bard, the stables say it was just a fire trap, you know, and they said the wood and stuff, they say, they just let it deteriorate beyond me playing. So I think they just have to do it. I don't think it's something that they really want to do. I think that they could do it. They restore it because like we did this, I think it will bring to me a little more value. So I think there's something that they don't want to do, but it has to be done, and they're gonna save as much as they can.
Speaker 1: Pimlico opened in eighteen seventy Kentucky. Derby is one hundred and fifty first year this year, this is one hundred and fiftieth running of the Preakness. Guys, horse racing oldest sports business in America. People just didn't know that. So yes, I hate to see that. I have been to Pimlico. Of course I lived in DC, so yes, I've been to Piblico. And you're George, it has to be redone, there's no question about that.
Speaker 4: But a ton of history, guys.
Speaker 1: So now you've got two of the three legs done. Sovereignty George gets the Derby and gets journalism straight up fair race. Journalism will go down in history for that stretch drive, George, he will go down in history. What do you think happens in this Billmont? The third leg of the Triple Crown? June the seventh, will both horses be in it? I can't wait to see if journalism is going to go for the third piece of the triple Crown, see if we can get two of the three pieces. But I wonder if sovereignty is going to be back. I just I came back. Now it's kind of some interest, George.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, I kind of I'm kind of a little you know, Jerry, because we all we grew up with when with the Triple Clown was a triple crown. All horses, man, are three races, and now they're talking about the time the distance. I mean, I don't understand because I've never seen a lot of horses break down that have won the Triple Clown that went on to be great horses, you know, from secretary and on back, you know. And I don't know why now. I can't understand that any time that you get along with the lay that you're going to be stronger. But I don't know why it's such a big to do now because I guess because horses are going down and we take more interest when it goes down. But you know, I mean, there's no difference in any other horses ever won the Triple Clown and how he finished. And like I said, I'm not a horse expert, but I just think that the great horses are the great horses, and they go home and do what they do.
Speaker 1: Like you say, first week in May is the Derby, two weeks after through that is the Preakness, which was May the seventeenth this year, and then three weeks is the Belmont June the seventh, and George, you're correct, they've been running this for one hundred and fifty years, you would think. But for some reason now George, there is an issue. Horses have been going down. We know Churchill downs last year. There were some issues out in California. There were issues. So George, I don't know I'm gonna speak on I'm not gonna speak on horses or.
Speaker 2: I don't know enough.
Speaker 4: I just know I don't neither.
Speaker 1: The history is right, George, Well, what you said with the history is Secretariat ran these races, just like I said, Derby first weekend in May, two weeks later, Breakness, three weeks later, Belmont. Okay, so we're admiral all the horses. But I'm gonna tell you this. When I have NBA players on TV, which we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get to, we're gonna go to Little Anthony talking about.
Speaker 1: There need to be there needs to be more days in between games.
Speaker 2: George is just you know, now, this is one thing, George.
Speaker 1: Everybody laughs about Errol Griffiths's Utah Jazz team, the team that I got to play.
Speaker 2: With him on.
Speaker 1: George, we were the worst team my rookie year. My second year, George, Western Commons in Front Finals Game seven got me third year. After that off and running got me, George. We had no problem with back to backs, We had no problem getting on commercial flights, and they're getting to be so soft. It's stupid. These guys are guys. I just wish we could make them have our schedule. We played three in a row, George. They stopped the three in a row in the NBA, which, if people don't understand, that means playing on a tuesdayday, Thursday, our Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 2: Got me. We used to do that on commercial flights. They don't do that anymore, George.
Speaker 1: When I got Gordon talking about there wouldn't be as many blowouts if we just I mean, I'm like George.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because George, we're gonna use this show a mess up.
Speaker 1: So Anthony, when we come back, it's seven twenty nine, we're gonna go to break. We're gonna stay on task because I'm cutting this show up. Anthony, when we come back, I'm throwing it to you. You're gonna give us some of this NBA news and then George and I will go after that and critique it. But all I'm gonna say to people if for something I've done is a player and a coach. It's starting to get ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Now with the player.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And George, I'm not telling you to shut up and play.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: No, No, I understand what you're saying. I understand.
Speaker 2: To George, I tell them.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yet, come on, guys, it's now to what we're gonna be playing one game a week. Guy, you're playing twenty years as it is, you're making more money than God sense, George.
Speaker 2: And now we're talking about we need for this and that.
Speaker 1: And I hate to tell you. People can say the game is better. I don't think it is it. We're gonna talk about it after the break. Got Anthony, you got George Williams. It's seven thirty guys, we'll talk to you on a second.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Sports Radio Monday, Main nineteenth at seven thirty three. This is Esports Radio seven ninety kr D. I did not I got cut off KRD numbers five zero two, five seventy nine hundred, Anthony, I'm throwing it to you then, Georgie.
Speaker 1: And I will elaborate after that. Tell us what's transpired and the last two blowouts in the NBA Game six, in Game seven, Eastern Conference Game six, Western Conference Game seven, and they let us know what's transpired over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, I know.
Speaker 5: In the Eastern Conference Jason Tatum went down with that torn achilles in Game five. Game six was almost a walk in the park. Nicks one one, nineteen eighty one, advancing in the Eastern Conference Finals, will face to Indiana Pacers, who, while honestly did not think it would make it this far, taught me off guard a little bit. I said, Indiana Pacers, We're gonna struggle getting past round one, and here they are in the Eastern Conference Finals, so.
Speaker 3: I look stupid.
Speaker 5: So my predictions, I'm gonna go ahead throw them out the window into a twenty twenty six because all these pas, the Pacers were gonna beat the Celtics, I said, I hadn't no Tatum was gonna tears achilles either, But hey, you know, Miniscus.
Speaker 3: Diputated and then.
Speaker 5: Also the West and the Western Conference and under beat the Nuggets one twenty five to ninety three, tired for the third thirty point blowout in the postseason, the most in franchise history. Most in the NBA history right now. Okay, so he's looking good. They'll be facing the Minnesota Timberwolves in the Western Conference Finals and they'll actually play Tuesdays, so they got a quick turnaround for theirs because they went to a game seven.
Speaker 3: They will be.
Speaker 5: Playing Tuesday at eight thirty pm, and then the New York Knicks and the Indian Pacers will be playing on Wednesday at eight pm, both for their first games for the Eastern and Western Conference Finals, and winners of these two series will be placing for the NBA Playoffs and the NBA Championship. So we got a lot to look forward to. But I can't forget about my woman's side. The WNBA just kicked off Friday this past week. Kaitlyn Clark came out with a bang criple double to start the season in a Chicago sky Man.
Speaker 1: That ultimate Angel rees alone. Y'all, y'all leave angels alone. She just can't score her, but you can rebound.
Speaker 4: She flopped.
Speaker 3: Sorry that that flavor foul is a flop. I saw it.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not falling for that.
Speaker 3: That was that that was that was a lebron lebron flop.
Speaker 7: She found a regular layup and she flopped out of bounds and try to get matched. And the funny part is they went to the interview words. I feel the interview. The interviewer is killing more than anybody I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: They said, They said, we see you've been working on your right hand in the off season.
Speaker 3: What about the left hand?
Speaker 5: She said, I'm right handed, but she shoots left handed. And everybody said, oh, that makes sense. Why she can't make layers.
Speaker 1: Y'all leave y'all, leave her alone, leave Adel George, protect her, protect ager.
Speaker 5: And clearly in the NBA, and you can't make a two foot lab stop.
Speaker 2: She's a rebound is Roden couldn't either just rebound.
Speaker 3: He's just the face joy arguing with people.
Speaker 4: Either it's commercial, it's commercial. It's commercial, Ja, and she's doing her part. It's all about advertisement, baby, it's all about bringing the w A n B A brand to the forefront, and she's doing her part.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest, guys. Are we talking about the w n B A on E Sports Radio? Yes we are. And I don't cover women's sports like I should, and we are.
Speaker 2: Talking about the w n B A. Let's just be honest. Kayling Clark's a bad one.
Speaker 4: Can I say yes?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Love to hater m Angel Reese and uh, Kayling Clark is Larry Bird Magic Johnson see a Minica can't get over the melon thing. And all you guys do is have a rivalry and the NBA plays it up and they make sure that the news media keeps it going. And so you know, it's just it's all about money. Jair commercial. Okay, Okay, that's all. They won't just mention my name mentioned my name.
Speaker 2: Baby, she cannot make a layup. But anyway, but.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get paid. But I'm gonna get paid. I ain't even leave to Kayla Leaves. That's one thing he said that.
Speaker 2: Kaylor Clark, Kaitlin, where you're going tomorrow? I'll see you tomorrow. George. Yes, with the NBA, let's get back to the big boys.
Speaker 4: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: I haven't Game four of the Nick Celtics Celtics without Tatum one twenty seven Nicks one O two blowout. Got me?
Speaker 2: I mean Game five?
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Game six Nicks one nineteen Celtics eighty one blowout in the series.
Speaker 2: Got me, doesn't go seven?
Speaker 1: We come over here, to Okay, see they lose a dog fight, but you know, but they lost the game before pretty big. They come back and beat the Nuggets ninety three. So, George, did I hear Gordon speaking about they need more time in between games. So, George, there were quite a few blowouts. I'm gonna throw it to you and Anthony in your opinion, why do you think this has happened because there have been quite a few blowouts?
Speaker 4: Well, Jay, good question, because I had the same. Uh but I did. I was wondering why there were so many blowouts? Right, So I call our resource. I said, well, let me go call some man has been in the league then played won championships. I said, well, let me talk some mad So I call a butcher, Me and coach Bid. We talk about it, and we said going over. He said he wanted he wouldn't even discuss the Jay. He said, but he said, there is no basketball. He said. The coaches don't have to coach. He said, our do do is run to a corner. They throw up three poinners. They don't care. You got a twenty point league. Nobody thought, let's drive it to the basket and maybe we could. You know what I mean, we hit five times when we drove to basketball, but we choose to keep throwing into the corners and we shouldn't about twenty five percent, you know what I mean? And so, Jay, I just think that the coaches do not have no strategies. All they're doing is the three point thing is what they call it analytics, and they're living with analytics, not how to win the game, not the strategy you got a big man to get. This is where my answer, Jay, And now I want you to play and on this too. If you're the guard, Jay, do you not think that if a sixty two man, sixty four man is checking a seventh I mean sixth level man, that you could throw in the ball? Jedge. Do you think that you as a guard that you would let another guard check a seven foot and you couldn't give them the ball?
Speaker 2: No, didn't, but you're right they did it. That's what they did. Ye.
Speaker 4: I mean, God, I can I cannot believe that these sinners are letting God holiday check the big cat. Come on, man, I mean I would I would, he would have No. I would be so black, you know what I'm saying. I mean, do you think.
Speaker 1: No? No, No, Okay, George. Great point, Anthony. I want you to think about this. I don't know if you saw the play, but they called Gordon for nipping Shake gildags Alexander with an albow, George stationary not.
Speaker 2: Moving, and guy said it had nothing to do with the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, see shake guild and Alexander is gonna be MVP, but had nothing to do with the game. Got me are the outcome? The call had nothing to do with that. I want people to understand that. But it was not a file.
Speaker 2: Shake guild and.
Speaker 1: Alexander had filed that boy twice. He finally nips him a little bit to get him off of him, George, and they called an offensive file. I'm telling you all, in the old days, you were taught well, since it was taught to spread out and gather your room in your circumference, and people would have got popped George.
Speaker 2: They're gonna change the rule.
Speaker 1: They even said yesterday they're gonna have to take it back to the rules committee because George defenders lead with their face get hit. And yes he got nipped, he didn't get hit hard, George. Gordon was not trying to hurt him. But Gordon was just trying to gang some room and nipped his cheek, and they.
Speaker 2: Called off as a file to free throw the ball out of bounce. George. That's a bad call.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 2: If you put your head in the way, you're supposed get knocked out. George.
Speaker 1: They've got to change the rule back, period.
Speaker 4: I understand that. But Jack as a big man and you are guard. I'm not facing out so Gordon can see me. And let this guy stand in front of me. I'm turning, pinned him down, letting you live. The ball over his head with my hands. You throwing into my hand. I catch it immediately, laid up, come on angles of everything, you know. You know this the angles of everything. But I didn't even have to get physical with him. I'm chaying it. Just holler than you too, you know. Taught me the ball to my hand.
Speaker 2: I just understand that.
Speaker 4: Like, but lad, coach, you're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Coach more physical. No, they don't.
Speaker 1: They just handled the shoot threes. So that's the one. Same thing happened to Donovan. Mitchell had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but he caught it on the sideline again. One of the knicks was leading with his face not Nick's pacers got nipped.
Speaker 2: They called a file and Donovan same thing happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: Guys, you're supposed to be able to spread out and protect yourself, not now you have to turn your back to the defender as the defender lies on you, and he did yesterday. Shake Gildicks did file the guy before they called a file, but they won't call it.
Speaker 2: So when he.
Speaker 1: Finally got nipped, the whistle blows and everybody knows the rules got to get changed or because George, people would have gotten really hurt. In my day, we were opening up, George, were opening up with our elbows.
Speaker 2: You couldn't throw them.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't reach out and get a man.
Speaker 1: George, but they would let you spread out to protect the ball.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna have to change that rule back.
Speaker 1: So what do you think? What do you think of the blowouts? What is your opinion? Before we go to break?
Speaker 3: It really didn't surprise me.
Speaker 5: Kind of tell by how the play style was going that one of the teams was gonna get blowout because either they're gonna be tired and they weren't gonna hit shots. And a lot of these teams that are going deeper into the tournament. A lot of them are momentum teams, especially in the Eastern Conference more than anything in the West. OKC and Minnesota aren't big. They're good momentum teams, but they're solid teams even when they're down. They can still surge and make comebacks. The Knicks consurge and make comebacks. They're not a huge just off of just straight momentum. The Celtics, the Pacers have it at times as well too, even the teams that already got eliminated. They predicate how they play off if they make shots, and particularly from the perimeter. We saw that a lot of teams were living and dying out there. They'd be up fifteen points in the first quarter and shoot seven threes back to back to back.
Speaker 4: It's just you're.
Speaker 5: Putting yourself in a bad situation to let a team come back, yes, because you take such poor shots selections and such low percentages, because you're like, oh, well that's what got us up, we should stick with it, realizing that you know, in one of the to piss me off, KP would get a switches on point guards and shoot fadeaways from ten feet.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's talking about parsing guys said seven four George, and it's like, give me a break.
Speaker 3: He drops step and go over the right, right or left shoulder.
Speaker 5: He shoots fade aways. Catching it, they'll run, They'll runner four, they'll runner four out one and almost kind of like not even a hollow action. They just do a pretty much a clear out where the big man is on the free throw line extended or even on the free throw line. He catches, turns and face and doesn't take a dribble. And understand shooting over a small guard from time to time, but not every time.
Speaker 3: You catch it.
Speaker 2: At least Julius Randall will go through your chests. Guys.
Speaker 1: At seven forty five, when we come back, we'll finish with the NBA. It's Eve Sports Radio for numbers five zero, two, five, seven seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Seven forty eight May nineteenth, Monday, we will be saying June soon, which is the sixth month, guys. That means will be almost halfway through the year. Christmas is around the corner.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't, let's go back.
Speaker 4: I got it every year every year about George.
Speaker 2: All I want to do is see them.
Speaker 4: Here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Again, did in.
Speaker 1: Y all's opinion, Anthony, your first Georgia second, did shake Gilda's Alexander legitimize himself and is this year's MVP of the NBA. Anthony, let me just give you the numbers, unbelievable numbers. Twelve or nineteen from the field, three for four from the three, eight for nine from the free throw line, for assists, three steals, thirty five points in game seven, he arrived, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, what's yours? Anthony?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think he he solidified himself in that fotty. I think even before the Game seven he still had it. Another one thing that George brought up was about a lot of a lot of big and then getting stopped by guards. Kid, he had a decent game, but he had a lot of turnovers. And that gard last night was Alex Carusoe, right.
Speaker 1: George, George was talking about he was talking about Cruso also, And yes, so people understand Carusoe, who was a champion with the Lakers back in two thousand. Guys, he's six foot five. There's no way he guards Joker.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, come on, come on, Because.
Speaker 2: Basically, no coaching had no idea how to get him the ball again.
Speaker 3: Chicken, Yes, okay, I'm a man.
Speaker 2: And George, let's don't go. She's got it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you in your opinion, WoT everybody just think about this now, logically, could have anyone on ok c's roster guarded Shaquille O'Neill, any other even.
Speaker 4: Chad Hogan, George, Oh, come on, man, no, son.
Speaker 1: No, he's physically hurting those boys, period, point blank. He's physically hurting those boys.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: I'm just the game only by making a normal move. I mean, j Russo on shock.
Speaker 4: Let's back yes, let's back at that through Jee, let's back that up. Because do you have guard that would throw him the bar on the inside? When I mean, I see so many big men wide opening out. I look at these guards, man, nigga, But I mean, Joe, I don't the angles. I mean, they don't even look to get the back. You know, we look to get assists.
Speaker 2: Jee.
Speaker 4: We thought it was cool to get assistant a big man throw a freaky pass. It's got something, throw no pass? You got sixth jet, I do you take six? And that was so man all night line, and I called Iron Butcher bred about that again. I said, but how does that happen? He said, George, I don't know this, NBA, he said, because the coaches don't coach. Like you said before, I'm not finding them. When you look for mismatches the wing championships, jaed, that's how you win them. You find what your best advantage is. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We take advantage of.
Speaker 4: Our best advantage because you I'm playing them seven times. Everybody knows what everybody's doing. Everybody knows. Now who do we take advantage of? Who came over to Oh we got this little bit gun taking us our center and you just lose. It'll give me a break. But go ahead, guys.
Speaker 2: No, you were describing when you were going bom.
Speaker 1: He's saying, ball testers, guys, so you all know they're over dribbling. That's what George is doing. You all know, and that's exactly what's going on. I mean, guys, right now, the game is so different that But I don't know if it's better. I'm not gonna say it's not me. I'm an old guy and we always are saying our game was better. But again, I'm just asking everyone who watched the game yesterday if Shaquille O'Neill, and don't tell me Shaquille O'Neill could not play in today's era.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me that. You just can't tell me that there was anybody.
Speaker 1: On the floor that could have guard that man running straight down the middle of the floor, burying them underneath the basket and creating matches to where everyone would be open. I'm just telling you everyone, the reason Joke had the turnovers, Anthony is one reason, one reason only.
Speaker 2: They had him doing things out of position.
Speaker 1: George, George, you know they threw the ball into Gordon, the Denver Nuggets threw the ball, get away from me with a bad hamstring, get away from me. That's just come on, Jamal Murris better than that. But guys, if Jamal Murray, if they're throwing it into Gordon and you're not bringing the ball up the floor, you need to get back to work.
Speaker 2: I'm just being honest.
Speaker 4: It just but do you think you have a guard that would throw shack about.
Speaker 2: Jack without a George shack do.
Speaker 4: You have Do you think Shaq would get the ball from the guards.
Speaker 1: No question, George, Shaq would answer the ball. See I just George, I don't understand it anymore. But I got before we before we get out of here, George, we do have to have one funny thing, and I'm gonna get into it more tomorrow, but I want you to have a little comment on the stet Scotty Sheffler. Anthony wins the PGA Championship in Charlotte. Got me quil hollow from the y m C. I used to take Frank and Anthony's little kids. I know exactly where it is. I have never played it, but I know exactly where it is. George, now, he had a chance to win it here and all they spoke about is, you know when he was locked up and handcuffed.
Speaker 2: George.
Speaker 1: One year later he's went in the PGA last year, we're talking about how the bag get locked up going to work.
Speaker 4: Good man, Man, he couldn't tell colors? Yeah, if he you know, if he could tell the color, it would never happened. Man to guard out there. I don't know, man, I just say, get this charge. Yeah, he just we let him go. We let him go.
Speaker 1: Oh, gentlemen, I mean, ladies'll have to put him on the map.
Speaker 4: Jay, I mean not keep doing a special with him now because he didn't get like hum in Louisville. We made him. We made him Jae. That's why I'm gonna say we made him.
Speaker 1: The wall because yesterday Sheila, Frankie and I Anthony's gone. Sheila, Frankie and I are watching the PGA and if you'll notice, Scottie had Nike on.
Speaker 2: Everything, had shirt shoes, His dad and mother who were there after, had Nike on, his wife had Nike. Everybody had.
Speaker 1: Hey, George, everybody's gonna Nike.
Speaker 4: You come.
Speaker 1: We were trying to get him out in time, so we get tea off for third round of.
Speaker 2: The PA Championship here in Louisville. Oh, George, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just just funny. Guys, and your boys agent said, thank you, Louisville, thank you, thank you made.
Speaker 2: I get him a deal. Now.
Speaker 1: They were making jokes about it.
Speaker 2: After the match.
Speaker 1: He spoke about it and he said, I'm not gonna mention it. He just smout said, I'm going to leave it alone. Yes they did. Guys will be at We're in infamy. They'll be bringing that up forever, no matter what. That's all there is too. But George, I wanted to let you know. Yes, they had been they were bringing that up last year's teaching man. But congratulations to Scottie, three time major champion, two times Player champion, two times Master champion.
Speaker 2: The only guy to go back to back, Jack.
Speaker 1: Nicholas Tiger Woods.
Speaker 2: Come on, Georgie's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Right And Josh and I want to say this. We're not making fun of the incident. We're making fun of Sheffield, you know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I want to say that because I don't want nobody to get it incorrect.
Speaker 2: Exactly, no, exactly. And there was an issue.
Speaker 1: A gentleman did lose his life going into Valhalla last year.
Speaker 2: We have not forgotten that.
Speaker 4: So guys, we're done.
Speaker 2: Anthony, George, listeners.
Speaker 1: Have a beautiful day. We're gonna get a little rain tomorrow. Be saved, God willing. I'll be back with you tomorrow. Like I said, God willing. Guys, we have no idea the storms. We have no idea. We know from Junior Bridgeman from one day to the next. You don't know you're going to be here tomorrow. Put a smile on somebody's face. I'll love your bather