Speaker 1: Welcome to the Minnesota Goodbye where Dave is not going to be present nor Vaunt, just Jenny and Bailey today night. Yes, Dave had to go speak on or he's moderating kind of this woman's panel, so he had to leave a little bit early, and vont is on his way to Mexicoalico. So we're jealous, but also it's about to feel like Mexico in the next few days.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. So like, leading up to today, I've been super freaking busy and just like stressed, and the whole thing with my toilet, I'm just like so stressed out, and the toilet thing is still happening, but like two of the other things that were stressing me out have now passed. So today I'm just excited because like I can go on a walk, one to get away from the guys working on my toilet, but two just to like chill, relax.
Speaker 3: And enjoy the weather.
Speaker 2: And it's so freaking pumped to just like go and like discombobulate.
Speaker 3: Do you want to talk about the other things that we're stressed.
Speaker 2: Those things are just that I have side gigs that I do that I've done for years. So when I got hired here, I kept them.
Speaker 3: I'm a high school speech and debate coach. I talk about that a lot.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was our banquet, which is always like a big deal and it's like the end of the year kind of celebration thing that we do. So there's a lot of prep in that, and both of my assistant coaches couldn't go. One of my captains told me last second that she couldn't go. And it's just a lot of prep work and it's stressful in general, but it was fun. It was wonderful. As I was sitting there, I was like, Okay, this is great. This brings me joy. I'm happy I'm here, even if it was stressful. And then the other thing I do is I write theater evaluations for high school musicals, and you have a very quick turnaround when you see them. And I saw literally four shows last week and I had to write four evaluations. And it takes you about like two hours to write one.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I was gonna say, is it just like a quick paragraph or no.
Speaker 2: You have to write like about like eight different students that they want you to individually evaluate. You have to write about the orchestra, the tech crew, the ensemble and et cetera, et cetera. You have to write like so much, and uh yeah, it's and they were like, where's your we need your last one, where's your last one? Like ah, and so I was just stressed, stressed out yesterday. But those things now. The banquet's over, so speech is essentially over. I have Nationals next week though, so it's not really over, but the main season is over. I have no more evaluations to do. And the only thing that's bringing me anxiety now is my bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would listen. Your home is your comfort.
Speaker 1: It's the place you go to to feel just you and you can do whatever you want. So I can't imagine having to go home people random people being in there, your shit being ripped apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a girl who wants access to a bathroom at any given time. I don't have that access sometimes I'm stressed. And then to not have it in your own apartment.
Speaker 2: It's like, uh, my cat is nervous. Yeah, dust everywhere, like it's so everything is gross.
Speaker 3: I just feel icky. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So there's a lot of well there's some emails, but I'll be honest, we haven't gotten too many. Dave also opens emails and then he doesn't delete them sometimes, so I'm kind of trying.
Speaker 3: To shift through his own system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to go through something. So this one I will pass along to Dave. But also it was just a tip. It's a good morning. I just got done listening to the episode when you guys were talking about the cost of gas for an RV. My in laws used to fly out to Washington, rent an RV and stop at the local Goodwill to buy silverware, plates and other things needing for needed for cooking. They'd spend a week driving around, and then before they flew home, they'd donate back everything that they had botched. Just an idea for anyone that can't own an RV but still wants to travel in one have a great day. That comes from Allison. That's a great idea. Yeah, I love that. Next one, sayas hi, Dave, Jenny Bailli, and Bonch. Your AI songs are hilarious. So if you haven't heard this on the show, this week, we've been using some AI song generator where we kind of build in the lyrics. We give it what style of song we want to be saying in a male or a female voice and then it plays something back and they have been pretty funny. So this person says, I had an idea for a bit if you're interested. I remember quite a while ago you took song lyric lyrics and set it to different music, maybe Steve O saying them, I can't remember. But what if you did something similar and took lyrics from a song and had AI generate it with a different style, and you guys had to try and guess the song.
Speaker 3: That could be fun Ooh. Also a really cool idea.
Speaker 1: It says your AI songs gave me inspiration to write my own about Dave coming home to find Susan there.
Speaker 3: It's called Dang, She's home again.
Speaker 2: Ha.
Speaker 3: Hope you enjoy.
Speaker 1: Like I said, Dave's not on this one today, but he will definitely listen to this when he gets a chance. But that's a good idea that comes from Elizabeth. I am forwarding myself this email right now and I'm gonna write it down.
Speaker 3: So thank you for that idea, Elizabeth. Okay.
Speaker 1: Next one comes from our good friend Michelle A. She says, I'm sending this to say sorry for my email on Monday. So if you don't remember she said she wanted a mix of more music. She goes, I told my husband that you would be reading it, and he asked what I said, and I said, I wanted a mix of more fucking music. Well, he said, I can't be that way. I will make him look bad being a deputy sheriff. So please, please please forgive me. I will not act like that again.
Speaker 3: Lol.
Speaker 1: I fucking love you all, and you keep me saying in the mornings, I can't wait to see you all again. And also, please send me a sticker and love always. That comes from Michelle.
Speaker 3: Michelle, we will never forgive you ever. Just kidding. I already forgot Michelle.
Speaker 1: Listen, we turn the music down when we are on the commercial breaks, did the plain songs, so we don't actually really People are like, don't you get sick of listening to the same songs all the time, And it's like, we don't really listen, Like during songs or commercial breaks, we're all kind of working on other things, getting ready for whatever is coming up next.
Speaker 2: Or I hear the beginning of the song and I hear the end of the song, and all I know is that I do not like the beginning of the gig Perez song Sailor song because it's twenty four seconds long.
Speaker 3: Very long.
Speaker 2: If you have a Saturday show, you have to talk for a really long time to get into it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, Okay. Next email says I have recently started fostering a dog. I lost my very first pet after thirteen and a half years right when found lost Elliott, her dog, which was about a year and a half ago, and I've been thinking about having another dog, but have been very apprehensive, so we decided to look into fostering. I'm glad vont is trying fostering out. It's a really great way to see how you feel about having a dog in your space, understanding the responsibility of a dog, seeing the Messa dog maybe, and seeing the happiness and joy they bring. It's also fun to experience different types of dogs. My first pet was a Yorkie Pooh, and he will always be my first fur baby. We're now fostering a pit Bull German Shepherd mix and she is a complete one eighty from what we're used to. She plays with my toddler, loves affection of any type from any human, and loves nature. My little your Pooh would have run away from my toddler, but this beautiful pitbull cuddles with her. I'm excited to continue to foster so I can see these different types of personalities from different dogs while also giving them a safe place to live while they're waiting to be adopted. I hope others who can choose to foster. I hope others who can choose to foster as well. Thank you vont for bringing some awareness to fostering pets and Bailey on her Daily Bailey segment, And that comes from Stephanie Well Sepani, thanks for everything that you do. I think it's so great that Bontan Alyssa want to foster as well. And now that I am living alone in a way too big of a house for one person, I also like have thought about fostering. Like you probably know this already, that I do watch dogs off of apps and stuff, and that's kind of what works for me with my schedule honestly right now, just being by myself. Whereas I know fostering, you just like don't know, like some dogs aren't necessarily trained, and I just don't know that I'll be able to I can deal that, yeah, on my own, but I have thought about it because it's like I've been a little slow, I guess you could say, with having dogs lately. But in the summertime it usually gets a little bit crazy.
Speaker 3: It gets super busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are jetting off on weekends. It's last minute trips and stuff, just up to a cabin or something. So but if I do really really, I think that whenever I get a dog, which I will definitely get a dog at some time in the future, I'll probably foster, yeah, for a while first before I get test the water. And what will happen is I will foster fail is what will happen, and I'll end up keeping the first.
Speaker 3: Dog, Yes exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do like how she says that she's got all these dogs and to see like their personalities with her child as well. I think that's such like an interesting and unique memory for that child too, Like, oh, when I was growing up, we had all of these different dogs because we would foster them. Like not that it's not cool to have, you know, one dog, your family dog that you like grow up with, but just kind of cool to have like a little you know, rotating door of dogs for your kid to meet a bunch of.
Speaker 3: Them for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Next one comes with a hello radio friends. I just have one comment, and that.
Speaker 3: Is justice for Bailey what.
Speaker 1: Me yeah does regarding the song generator bit, her song really should have been show tunes or Broadway style. But I am also enjoying that bit, though also a little scary. What all that AI shit can do? Lol? Love you guys. That comes from Kendra. Why didn't we do a show tunes or send show tunes?
Speaker 2: And Dave? If I say anything show tuned, Dave's like ears shut off.
Speaker 3: So that's why we do it.
Speaker 1: Feel as though I didn't hear you say that, Otherwise I would have been like, let's do it. Okay, So we're gonna okay. This is a very long email because someone wrote their own song for us and it comes from Kaylee. So I'm trying to kind of navigate how to read this first. Okay, So it says, Yo, my favorite morning crew. I felt so inspired today after listening to the show and just all week with the AI songwriting, so I decided to put my creativity to the test and write a little song up about the morning show in case you didn't want to come up with lyrics on the spot. One of these mornings, or maybe you wanted to do it separately, or maybe you don't want anything.
Speaker 3: To do with it.
Speaker 1: I'll let you decide. You'll find my brilliant songwriting below. Enjoy with love Kaylee. Okay, So she says she wants it to hip hop slash pop vibes, and she doesn't have a song with it.
Speaker 3: She just has the lyrics. I'm just gonna read it, okay.
Speaker 1: And it is titled too early for this. So here we start with a chorus, and this is a full song, so stick with me. There is a verse for each of us as well. Ooh, here it goes. It's too early for this, but we're still here. Mike's hot vibes, weird caffeine, caffeine near roasting each other like breakfastos, the crew too loud and we love them most. Yeah, it's too early, but that's the charm, chaos in love with a radio arm, wake up, tune in, you know the biz Katiewb's too early for this.
Speaker 3: Now we're onto the verse.
Speaker 1: This is for Dave. Dave's been on since the Dialstone days. Swears he's smart but forgets birthdays. Mensa mind Yeah, kind of flexed still types how long to toast a bagel? In text Married life? Yeah that's the song. But see Susan's car and drives a bit long. Not because he's mad, not because there's beef. He just wants snacks and five minutes of peace. So that's for date.
Speaker 3: Next one's for me.
Speaker 1: Jenny reads weather like it's slammed poetry, then slips in a plug so slick, low key holiday station. It's her whole brand. Would sell you coffee with a slate of hand sunnier snow. She keeps it tight, might not drink, but her forecast bites every segment pro as it gets. She's the calm in your six am existential threat. Oo, here's for Bailey. Bailey's not here for your swipes or clicks. She dates in person, old school tricks, dated trip.
Speaker 3: That's not a.
Speaker 1: Pun, that was real life, and yeah she's done. She's sweet with a side of don't test me, like your little sister who majored in therapy, Single and fine, sharp with a grin. The guys strike out, she chalks the win.
Speaker 3: Ay, there you go.
Speaker 2: That makes me sound way more badass.
Speaker 3: You are badass, You are all right.
Speaker 1: Next one's servant Vaughn dropped a pick in a thong one day. Now it lives, run free, like it's here to stay. He'll bring it up in a trivia bit right after he loses and throws a fit, just as Vervant. He yells with pride, bro, you just lost. Let the scoreboard decide. Still he's smooth, full of flair and charm, even if he's trash at games with alarms.
Speaker 3: And then it.
Speaker 1: Goes onto the chorus again, it's too early for this, but we're still here. Mike's hot vibes, weird cafe near caffeine. Why do I keep saying cafe caffeine near roasting each other like breakfast toes, the crew too loud and we love them most. Yeah, it's too early, but that's the charm. Chaos in love with a radio arm wake up, tune in and you know the biz katiewb is too early for this and an outro Oh, so hit that dial when the coffee's hot. They're the mess you need, like it or not. From thong picks to weather and petty quips, this ain't just a show. It's a field trip.
Speaker 3: Turn it up.
Speaker 1: Let the chaos kiss your new alarm clock katiewb it's too early for this.
Speaker 3: That is so good. Yeah, good job, Kaylie, We're so good. We're gonna do something with this.
Speaker 1: I don't know what or when, but we will definitely probably throw it in the AI generator and hear what it comes up with.
Speaker 3: It's because it's it's very.
Speaker 2: Only one moment where my brain like had a fart because at the beginning when she wrote Mike's hot, I was like.
Speaker 3: Who's Mike? Oh?
Speaker 2: And I sat there thinking like, who the hell is Mike or that she's talking about BFF mic and just and Nope, it's the microphone. Microphone is Mike hot? Mike?
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: That was so good, Love it, Love it. Okay, I think that's going to do it for emails right now. Honestly, Dave has ones that he still has in the inbox, and I just like, don't really want to mess with it that he maybe has just not read yet. But I think we have read all these because they all come from like over a week ago. So the one thing that I just want to talk about super quick here before we wrap up. I've been working on this kitchen cabinet project and I was telling Dave this earlier, but now I'm going to bitch to you. Yeah, so I took all my cabinets off. I'm painting them used a paint sprayer. That was a whole process, a little bit of a learning curve whatever. And then yesterday I go to put the new hardware around the handles, and I'm like, sweet, I can finally start putting my kitchen back together. Like all these drawers and cabinets have been off, and it's just weird to walk in my kitchen.
Speaker 3: It's all open cabinets whatever.
Speaker 1: So I go to put the drawers in, and I am so annoyed because basically, when you put your drawers in, and I don't know the proper terminology for it, but you know, you put them on those little sliding things tracks, Yeah, the tracks. So the metal piece that's actually on the drawer part that's supposed to fit on the tracks. Half of my drawers, one of the pieces is kind of like falling off and it needs to be like nailed back into the piece, and so I literally used gorilla glue on one of them. I tried fucking duct taping it shut to like make it like meld with the drawer again, because I don't have the proper tools to get it nailed back in. Yeah, I don't really have the nails really, is what it comes to sound too. And so that part is fucking up My drawers sliding back in, yeah, the way that they should, but not just that. Also, I painted the size of the drawers because when you pull the drawer out, I don't want those to be a different color than what the front is.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Literally, that little bit of.
Speaker 1: Added space of paint is making it harder for the drawer to slide in and out, like it's too thick.
Speaker 3: Now it's for this a couple of years.
Speaker 1: But yes, yeah, I was having a moment last night because I've spent so much time on this and I did not think this was going to be such an extensive project.
Speaker 3: Yes, frustrating.
Speaker 1: And it's also only the bottom cabinets. I having even gotten to the top cabinets that I'm whatever. Uh So I have my window open as I'm putting them in, and my window looks to my neighbors Tom and Cherry and they sit out on their deck at all times, and I am in there like fuck God, and I'm screaming and I'm not thinking twice and I don't know if they were on their deck or not, but they definitely probably are like, what is this crazy woman doing.
Speaker 3: I also don't know.
Speaker 1: They I don't think have any idea that Andrew no longer lives there and that we're not together anymore, and so they probably just like think I'm so crazy and I don't even know. So that is my dilemma, and it's not stressing me out. I'm just bummed because you know, you like work really hard on a project, like, oh, the final pieces are coming together, and then that final piece is not fucking working right exactly. So now I have to like slam my drawers pretty hard to get them shut all the way. But what I'm doing is just like pulling them in and out and kind of scraping the paint off a little bit on the parts that are rubbing whatever.
Speaker 3: In the end, it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: Eventually, if I stay living in this house for a long time, I'm just gonna get new cabinets.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: They do look much better than what they did prior so far.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I need like nails or something. Do you have like a toolkit?
Speaker 1: I do have so much random shit. My parents when I was home like a month ago. My dad is a hoarder and he literally has like three of everything, So literally I got sawhorses from him, I got some kind of chainsaw, I got toolkits, I got bits for drills, so much crap. And I have a lot of random, basically bins of nails, so I'm sure I could find something or I can literally just go out and buy it.
Speaker 3: But anyways, you know, I've been.
Speaker 1: Pretty successful with the lot of the house projects I've been doing, and this has kind of been my first real like one that's pissing me off, you know, piss me off, and.
Speaker 3: It pisss me off.
Speaker 1: But anyways, that was all I just needed to bend for a second. Thank you so much for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye. Dave will be back tomorrow. He just, like I said, had to go speak on a panel today, So send your emails because we need some Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com.