Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you crushed. And today we've got a couple of friends in here from elder Care and the good, the bad, the barbecue, Oh my goodness sake, we're going to be talking about a lot of good things here today. We have Michael Cohlaugh and Julie. We're staying. We're with us two. And first of all, kids, what's new. I'll tell you what's new?
Speaker 2: You I knew he won so much, so.
Speaker 1: I just opened a can right there.
Speaker 2: It's spring. We're ready to go.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of new, exciting things happening at Eldercare. We recently received a grant through Okay Cares, which is funded by the State of Oklahoma Oklahoma Human Services, and from that grant, we are specifically growing our respite for caregivers. So caregiver respite is a really important issue. It's a very real issue because if you are caring for a loved one who might have dementia or Alzheimer's or Parkinson's or any type of issue that is causing them, you know, pain and strife and just to age much more rapidly and their health to decline. You yourself are at risk of needing to be cared for. So with this grant, we are starting some really great programs. So actually March twentieth, which is a Thursday, we're starting a new program called our Open Door Cafe. The Open Door Cafe is really for anybody who's a caregiver to come and bring your loved one and they will be in a room adjacent to us. So if you've been to our facility, are ow.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of rooms.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of rooms.
Speaker 3: It's and if you want a tour, you know, give us a you'll get your walk you through. Yeah, you'll get yoursel I get my steps in every day around there. But we're actually going to hold the Open Door Cafe in our what's called our East Kitchen, and it's not like your kitchen at home. This is a very very large kitchen and our East Classroom, which is an open door right to it. Your loved one will be there with some of our trained caregivers from daybreak and they'll be providing activities for them while you as a caregiver. It's unstructured. We're going to have coffee, they'll be snacks. You can just communicate with staff from Elder Care. You can communicate with other caregivers and just kind of rely on each other and talk to each other.
Speaker 2: This is something.
Speaker 3: Outside of our weekly caregiver support group. This is a brand new program where we will do some specific respite for the caregiver. Bring your loved one and they're right there on site with us, and so through that we would hope that we could find opportunities for them to then come to daybreak, come to daybreak more often, and we're trying to get some very innovative ideas. We're going to have some activity kits that we'll send home that will stimulate the brain or stimulate your muscles for the person who needs care, self care kits, things that you can take home, and then we're going to expand our respite hours. Historically, Elder Care has had dinners in the evenings every month. We call them Senior connect and back in the day they were called Golden Opportunities. We're bringing those things back, so be watching for that, and we want to grow our respite care so that if you are a caregiver, bring your loved one and we will have some of our train staff from Daybreak giving care to them while you're enjoying a dinner and things with other caregivers.
Speaker 1: What a great way to find support and for your loved one to find new friends. Absolutely also get a better feel for all of the different things that elder cares. Absolutely get the trifector there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, when individuals start dealing with issues and you could take dementia or Alzheimer's, I think there's an immediate focus on the number of doors that are closing for them. And so that's why we're doing an open door cafe. We want to focus on the doors that are opening, not only for the individual who needs the care, but for the caregiver themselves. So we're wildly grateful for this grant that we have received from Okaycres from the State of Oklahoma, but we can't always rely on a grant, and so there are ways that people can come and partner with us to help us have the funds we need for programming like this and to continue to grow our respite care, to continue to grow our daybreak program or our in home services. And one of those great ways is is.
Speaker 2: The Good, the Bad, and the Barbecue barbecue. That was a good handoff. Thank you for that actual segue. That's awesome. Well it's time. It is time. The commercials are rolling. The planning has been taking place for months now, and we are ready to announce Tickets go on sale for the Good, the Bad, and the Barbecue March fifteenth. So we've been working hard on the sponsors that are going to present this event for us. And we've got some big names. Do you want to drop names?
Speaker 3: We've got big names. We've got kW own bars, Razors, yeah, aw o in outdoors. We have Dinks, we have Trudy Credit Union, we have Phillips sixty six, Conico, Phillips and DSR are are presenting sponsors this year.
Speaker 2: So quite exciting and so we are grateful because that's a big sponsorship level that gets the ball rolling for us and it just keeps going from there. So Dinks. Of course, we're in our twenty seventh year for this fundraiser. It's always Mother's Day weekend, So again I'm gonna say May tenth, mark your calendar, Take your mom, take your wife, take your girlfriend, take your take whoever and plan to join us. You can always find something that the silent auction. That's just one of the things we do. We do an amazing live auction, and we're working on some really great things too. Well. We'll give some more hints to that as we kind of get closer. And then we're gonna have We're gonna have a bourbon bar again. We're gonna have Yeah, we're gonna have a ring toss again. So it's just a really fun night. And Luke Christiansen is gonna be the person giving us our dinner music and then again performing because we had some people dancing last year and they had a great time. So it's gonna be another great event and we're really excited about it. And I think, just like Michael said, to be able to present an event like this that helps Elder Care provide those services that our community relies on and really needs is you know, it's personal to me and it's personal to a lot of people. It makes our of life, or our return to life or our respite in life that much better. So it's really exciting. We have some big goals again. We have big goals last year. They're big again and and we're ready. We're ready to roll. The gates will swing open on May tenth. Four thirty is our patron party. That's kind of the VIP experience we bring in our sponsors. Want to get a ticket for that. Yeah, and if you're not, if you're not on somebody's guest list, be on our big guest list and join in. That's that's an experience to see the Hughes home. The art collection's phenomenal. Like it's it's just a really great time of mingling and celebrating what Eldercare is all about. It's beautiful and a beautiful surrun. Again it's rainer shine, I know, I know, but we plan on the We plan on the shine. So that's at four thirty and then for our for our general seating, it's at six o'clock and we'll have again some some music and some opportunities for you to invest even more in elder care. And we got a lot of community partners coming together and we're ready for you.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be great as always.
Speaker 2: You do not want to miss that. You want a ticket, you to tell them how to get tickets. It's always well.
Speaker 3: You can get tickets a couple of ways. You can go to www. Dot about Eldercare dot org, Forward slash BBQ, So you can purchase tickets online on March fifteenth March fifteenth, or you can call us at nine one eight three three six eight five zero zero, or you can just come to Eldercare.
Speaker 1: If it's on your way, might as well say.
Speaker 3: Hi, yeah, I'm in, say hi, We'll show you around. It's it really is. Bartlesville is blessed with amazing nonprofits who have some of the best events, and we're proud to say that ours.
Speaker 2: Is kind of the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some top three we are super excited about. As Julie said, the twenty seventh year.
Speaker 1: That's a good start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And oftentimes people might say, why is it on Mother's Day weekend?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You have to ask those who started the event twenty seven years ago. But I'll tell you a lot. You will not find a better gift opportunity for your wife or your mother than that the auction.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I think there are some great things you then take home and they're like, oh man, you planned so wonderful, look at this wonderful painting.
Speaker 2: And start the party on Saturday night and then celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday. We have it's really fun to see families sit together and celebrate, and we're again looking forward to it and we're ready.
Speaker 1: I don't know how we do it, but we seem to fit a lot of people out of the day creation.
Speaker 2: Well, we had seven hundred and fifty last year and our goal is to have eight hundred to one thousand. So we want everybody there, and we've been out, you know, making sure everybody's starting to know about it. You'll see the posters going up, You'll see, you know, billboards have already started, and the comer so are running, just because we want everybody to experience what Elder Care has and that event is one of them.
Speaker 1: By golly, it's it's it's primo. It is always a lot of fun. And you never know, you just never know. You'll say, oh, well, I think i've been out to the ranch before. Well, we haven't been out under this setting.
Speaker 2: That's right. The tents go up. The tents are incredible. Last year was my first year, and just to walk under that tent when it's empty, it's amazing. I mean, it's a party for it's a party for a lot of friends. Yeah, there's a lot of room, but there's still room for more to come. Oh yeah, we'll order more tents if we have to. Oh absolutely, amporter parties.
Speaker 1: Which are located quite close to the tent right.
Speaker 2: Out of you, and Dinx provides the meal, you know.
Speaker 1: Always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a great opportunity to share a drink with somebody. I know there was some guys doing their cigar thing out there, and then the girls are just shopping and having a good time. I mean, what else do you do in Oklahoma on a main night that's beautiful and serving a good a good organization.
Speaker 1: There you go, nice barbecue, absolutely, great weather.
Speaker 2: Good gosh, that's Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: That's Oklahoma. Oh my goodness sakes, so once again that that link will be live on the fifteenth.
Speaker 2: It'll be live on the fifteenth. All right, absolutely, we'll be ready.
Speaker 1: We're going to have some fun with this. Absolutely going to have.
Speaker 2: Something and we want you there, Tom, are you coming?
Speaker 1: Probably? Will? I've only missed one or two I've lived here.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: There there are opportunities to be involved other than just buying a ticket. We have volunteer opportunities absolutely, always looking for volunteers to help in different ways at the barbecue. And we're still accepting sponsorships in anyone who would like to sponsor, which would it would include a table, and it would include marketing opportunities for your organization. We will accept sponsorship opportunities through middle of April, you know, and then it's a great way for you to bring people that you're trying to influence for your business or that you're trying to help them understand what elder Care offers. So we would take any type of opportunity to partner with you. And as Julie has said, as we said talking about the rest but grant everything we're doing, it's we're giving individuals. We're giving businesses an opportunity to invest in us while we invest into other people and make a difference in their lives each and every day.
Speaker 1: Forty some odd years and going forward to two.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, and we were unique, like most cities our size do not have an organization like elder Care or facilities and services that are provided like elder Care. It's really phenomenal. You know, I didn't in twenty nineteen, you know, you kind of know a little bit of my story. I had that brain injury, and I would have been driving to Tulsa three times a week. Well that's just not that's not feasible. And I was so thankful that we had those resources and that care and that rehabilitation opportunity right here in Bartlesville that was specific to my needs. You know, we have the medical clinic that serves pediatric patients all the way up to deeriatric patients, and then we have the physical therapy, the occupational therapy, the speech therapy foundations that's inside the building, and then we have of course daybreak and all the other things. So Eldercare is a little misleading sometimes much and I wouldn't have considered myself elderly five years ago, but I am still aging. But it was also a specific service that elder Care provided, and they can provide service if you have a concussion, they can provide services if you've injured just your hand, and you know they have a hand specialists that does physical therapy and occupational therapy to get that. It's just very unique. So it's always, I think a great first stop to give a call to Eldercare to see what do you have to offer, Because I was really really surprised and very thankful. So that's why it's personal to me. I will continue to support the mission, the services the Eldercare provides, and we just want the community to know and be part of it.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, Once again, folks, eldercare and go to about eldercare dot org for all the updates information on the rest but programs. Also, I'll be looking for the barbecue forward slash. Grab that bib and get ready to go pre moist twel that there you go. Alrighty, Thanks folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection