Speaker 1: Seventy seventh Pirthday of one Ian Scott Anderson, the man behind the flute and the lead vocals of this ban Jethro talk walking the forest of Humphry haart.
Speaker 2: Man Scotting the monkeys who live in the.
Speaker 1: Dark down by the water, or drunken.
Speaker 2: Friday eating the nuts, saving there is Sunday. Lions and tigers who wait in the shed don't have bost the blazing and Stephen Green made.
Speaker 1: But let's bond up in the shop.
Speaker 2: Well that's Allri five, I'm a tiger. Well the wall, I'm mistake if we.
Speaker 3: Did seventy.
Speaker 1: Just born in dumfer Line, Scotland in nineteen forty seven, Ian Anderson, the youngest of three kids, who did some things, no doubt about it as a leader. Jethro told cool Ian Anderson's story as we start off this morning. I had the opportunity back when I was doing music radio here in town to appear on stage with him when he came to Cincinnati at Music Hall. And it has to be Lord seventeen years ago at this point, maybe even longer. I can't remember if it was two thousand and six or two thousand and seven, because the late mister Kay was still alive if you remember Ken Glidewell, and he and I both sat on the stage on a couch with Ian Anderson in between songs, took questions from the audience that he would answer. We kind of did this quasi interview in between two and then he'd get up and he'd sing the song that we were talking about with a local group of musicians, the Rubbing Elbows Tour. I will never forget that. Before we look at and look back at significant events and had people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these during the French Revolution. On this day in seventeen ninety two, mobs in Paris attacked the Tuileries Palais, where King Louis the sixteenth was a living. He was later arrested, put on trial for treason, and executed cautionary tale for today's leaders this day. In eighteen twenty one, Missouri became the twenty fourth straight state admitted to the Union. A day after the atomic bombing of Nagasaki on August tenth, nineteen forty five, Imperial Japan conveyed its willingness to surrender. Yeah, we took him up on the offer, but said we'd be in charge of what happened to Emperor Hirohido Lino and Rosemary LaBianca murdered in their Los Angeles home by members of the manse And Cult this date in nineteen sixty nine, just a day after the Sharon Tate murders four days earlier. Nineteen seventy seventy. August tenth is a day that will live in infamy. Nineteen seventy seven, On this date, Postal employee David Berkowitz arrested in Yonkers, New York, accused of being the son of Sam Killer. Turned out he was nineteen ninety three, Ruth Bader Ginsburg sworn in as the second female justice in the United States Supreme Court. She has left us at this point, but certainly a milestone in American history. Twenty eighteen. This is just six years ago. A twenty nine year old airline ground agent named Richard Russell stole a commercial plane from Sea Tac International Airport up near Seattle. He flew for seventy five minutes, performing dangerous stunts while being chased by military jets before crashing near Puget Sound and killing himself and someone who supposedly killed himself. Jeffrey Epstein was found unresponsive in his cell this date, it's been five years since Jeffrey Epstein, supposedly in air quotes, committed suicide before he could spill the beans. Actor James Reynolds is seventy eight today, Ian Anderson, as we mentioned, seventy seven. Gene Johnson to the vand Diamond Rio, Great Country Band Doesn't get enough credit seventy five today, Great R and B. Singer Patty Austin turned seventy four. Daniel Hugh Kelly, the Actors seventy two. Rosanna Arquette, Rosanna Rosanna? Where art thou Rosanna sixty five? Antonio Bandera's birthday, Let's see here, Julia Fordham sixty two. Actor Chris Caldovino is sixty one. Nina Cherry somewhere hanging out in the Buffalo stance. Singer Aaron Hall sixty Former boxer and professional punching bag Riddick Bow turns fifty seven today. Let's see anybody else of note? Singer producer Michael Bivens fifty six. Angie Harmon is fifty two today. Hello Angie, And you know what that's enough if it's your birthday, Ayoe is the best birthday you could possibly imagine, and you get to spend that with the people you love, doing the things that you like to do, and that is truly my wish for you. It's five point forty one. We've got you Weather and Sports Austin Elmore in this morning, It's just Ahead on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: This morning at nine, Mike Allen goes full thor and wields his mighty Gavil of Justice on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: In Today's Marketers Report, Erica Taylor, chief marketing officer of jen in Tech, weighs in on audio's ability to reach any audience.
Speaker 1: Everyone is listening somewhere somehow, So it's a great way to take something very precise.
Speaker 6: In what we're trying to do to reach patients with something that I think we.
Speaker 7: Can all agree is somewhat broad in reaching many, many different audiences.
Speaker 5: As the number one audio company, iHeartMedia gives marketers access to the audiences, influencers, insights and data you need to grow. If you're a marketer, go to iHeart results dot Com.
Speaker 8: When you're way to our twenty twenty four I Are Radio Music Festival.
Speaker 1: We're send it by. This is the weekend that refreshes, mostly sunny. This afternoon seventy eight, you will notice that the humidity has gone by bye overnight, mostly clear, mostly sunny. Tomorrow and seventy nine, another great one, and Monday sun and cloud's a chance for evening showers, although that chance is not a great one. And eighty then it's sixty now and here once again, ladies and gentlemen, is the one, the only Austin Elmore seven hundred.
Speaker 9: Telling you sport. It's you, Thank you, Gary Jeff. It's good to be back. It's great to have you back.
Speaker 1: They seldom come back once they're freed from my clutches.
Speaker 9: But yeah, you are. I am here and I have the sports. Are you prepared ready?
Speaker 1: All right? We start with the Reds.
Speaker 9: The Reds lost to the Brewers last night, eight to three in Milwaukee. The Reds are now fifty six and sixty on the season. The three Reds runs came off of home runs, a solo shot by Spencer Steer and a two run blast by Stuart Fairchild. Game two of the weekend set tonight, seven to ten, Gary Jeff. Of course, our coverage gets underway with the inside pitch at six.
Speaker 1: Ten, Excellante, we got fake football tonight.
Speaker 9: No fake football tonight. The Bengals kick off the twenty twenty four preseason tonight at Pei Corp Stadium when they take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Bengals starters, including Joe Burrow, are expected to play. Kickoff is at seven. You'll hear all the action on the fifteen thirty and one oh two seven WEBN and Gary Jeff after the game. Yours truly has postgame sports talk until one thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: So what they make you get up to do this show and they're going to make you stay up to do that show.
Speaker 9: Yes, okay tomorrow morning. It's fantastic U soccer action. Last night, FC Cincinnati defeated Santos Laguna in penalty kicks to advance to the round of sixteen in League's Cup. They did it six to five. Roman Celentano, the FC Cincinnati goalkeeper, now two to zero in those penalty shootouts and Gary Jeff Live medal count for the United States of America. We are tied with China for golds at thirty three each, but we're dominating in total metal count with one hundred and eleven all together to China's just eighty three.
Speaker 1: We got all kinds of hardware. And right now I am watching large shouldered women from the USA and Netherland play water polo. Yes for the bronze medal. This has been a good game. I believe they're in overtime. Have you noticed how large shouldered these women are?
Speaker 9: There are a lot of large shouldered individuals period these days.
Speaker 1: Well water polo apparently brings out the best in large shouldered.
Speaker 9: What appears we just lost to the Netherlands, so we didn't get a medal.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm watching it now. Is this a repeat? I hate to break it to you. Thanks spoiler alert, We have Mametry formerly known as Lynnette. Yeah, you weren't here for that transition. And Dick from Dayton all standing by as we continue on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: You were locked on to news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Steve Arew USA Insulation. The heat is on. Forecasters are calling for the hottest summer in the Midwest ever. And if you're homeless about this one, seven hundred WLW Garry Jeff Saturday Morning Edition cooking on this August tenth, and you know what speaking of cooking. We won't be today. The heat and humidity of the last couple of weeks has gone away, at least for this weekend. Giving the air air conditioners a break, giving you a break, giving me a break. I like it. It's time to turn to the artist formerly known as Lynette Mame Tree. We now have a birth certificate and Mamme Tree is with us an Lynette. Before we start, I want to let you know that I heard from Christine Sander. Your money is being processed, all right. Number one and number two, I wanted to announce that there is a GoFundMe site. It's the Lady Lynette Phone Service drive. The goal is only one thousand dollars. If you listen. If you're a fan of Mama Trees or Lynette whatever she's calling herself these days, and you want to contribute, go to the go fundme site and look for the Lady Lynette Phone Service and this will help her with her keep a phone and Alexa speaker. Mammetry, are you there?
Speaker 10: We don't speak on right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, okay, hello there you are? Hello, Hey doll baby, Hey, what's going on? Did you hear anything of what I just said?
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, good.
Speaker 10: Did you hear me because I have I have teeth cut out and everybody can hear me on the phone them.
Speaker 1: You had, you had five teeth cut out? When she yeah, how's how's the pain terrible? I bet.
Speaker 10: I'm just gonna talk today.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's fine. It's good to hear your voice. So how long did the surgery call last?
Speaker 10: I don't know because I'm the high lift. I first had the job on cut out and the woman did and said the man and he told me, he says, I don't like needles, and she said that I mean, he said, one needle in the jar where the bone had to come out with them me for the whole operations. She put them in there every minute. And I said, you're supposed to take that bone out first? She said, I'll do it in a minute. And then I heard her terror assistant, I'm pretty sure plead your death on me, and I spoke out, well, get the man. Supposed to do it at nine o'clock. This is at three o'clock. I had a two o'clock with tema radio fan over twenty years. I was treating her to that magic show here Wednesday, and I didn't get home after four.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, sometimes you got to make sacrifices.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but the bone is still here, doll.
Speaker 1: Baby, Well yeah, did you think they were gonna go out? They were gonna take your bone out, your.
Speaker 10: Jawbone, my dead baby plain brother. I'm born, bro, that's right now, your twin brother's jawbone.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry, but you know it sounds like you're on the road to recovery, dear, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 10: I'm not do it again.
Speaker 1: When are you going to do it again?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I gets two weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we'll pray for you, dear.
Speaker 12: We got to go though, Okay, I love you every poll to Joe Glen o'joe, tell your wife to bring me some orange.
Speaker 10: Slices from Florida when she comes home. She's in Florida right now. Okay, it's a free and PM who had surgery out though this week.
Speaker 1: All right, baby, take care of love you love you poor thing. You gotta take her dead, dead baby brother's jawbone out of her face? What's next? Huh? Five point fifty three.
Speaker 9: Doctor John Mendelssohn is the medical director and CEO of Advanced Cosmetic surgery and laser censor.
Speaker 1: I've got something post. I got on my knees and begged you not to leave.
Speaker 13: Because I go bersir, Well, you left me anyhow, and then the day's got worse and worse.
Speaker 1: And now you see, I've gone completely out of my mind. And they're coming to take me away.
Speaker 14: Ha ha.
Speaker 1: They're coming to take me away hoe ha, to.
Speaker 15: The funny farm where life is beautiful all the time.
Speaker 16: And I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Dave, Good morning Gars.
Speaker 17: Yeah, how are we doing this morning on this wonderful, beautiful morning.
Speaker 1: Absolutely phenomenal. It's as spectacular morning as you mentioned. And you were here with me on the radio just a little past six o'clock in the morning. God is in his heaven. Everything is in perfect placement. Day. You've very very good.
Speaker 17: Go sounded more like march up music, though, if you asked me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more than walk up music, you think, yes, she did have a austin. Can you bring that back up just for a second. I'm not complaining though, Well that's what happens when you complain about your walk up music. We just get something even more hideous next week.
Speaker 17: I understand, Yes I do. And so the miss is doing well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's all right. She was going through a funk earlier in the week. I can't even describe it. I don't think it was uh defied medical description. I see, But I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 17: What do you got maybe one?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 18: And to what might help her?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 19: Ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right?
Speaker 19: Why is it hard to trust a baby chick?
Speaker 11: Why is it hard to trust.
Speaker 19: What a baby chick is saying?
Speaker 1: Why is it hard to trust what a baby chick is saying? Dave?
Speaker 20: Because talk is cheap, you know, cheap.
Speaker 1: Gar Jeff, Dave, I'm so disappointed because last week I feel like you were really hitting all of the right notes with the jokes, and that's not a good start. So hopefully they get better.
Speaker 17: What what do you get when you cross a fish and a kitten?
Speaker 1: What do you get when you cross a fish with a kitten?
Speaker 17: You get a pana?
Speaker 1: Not getting any better?
Speaker 20: Austin's Austin's like, man, I used to do this all the time.
Speaker 1: You're You're one of the reasons Austin left.
Speaker 17: You understand this, well, that's because.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, he he loved doing the show, he loved to in the sports. But he looked at me one day once and I knew it was closed. He goes Gary Jeff and he just shook his head. He said, what aus? And he said, Dave, yeap.
Speaker 11: So what is a reptile's favorite movie?
Speaker 1: What is a reptile's favorite movie?
Speaker 17: Yep, that'd be a lizard of odds.
Speaker 21: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 22: When you're feeling overwhelmed and tired, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Willie cares about you and me.
Speaker 22: When you're concerned about work and your family, I'm here.
Speaker 1: He's got a big, red, white and blue heart.
Speaker 22: You're to ease your mind, provide honest information and conversation, and to raise your spirits.
Speaker 1: I wish I could thank him me too. We could get him a pizza. Yeah, I gotta coop on. All you have to do is listen to me the Great America.
Speaker 4: I want to be a great American, just like Willie Dear Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred w l W Change the life of someone with a disability. Donut your car at Goodwillcars dot com.
Speaker 23: Hey Sarah here traveling style this season to Cincinnati Road Games.
Speaker 1: Performing for You Live at six fourteen more or less. It's Donna Summer.
Speaker 3: Some on Lady on Me on the radio.
Speaker 1: Actually, if Donna Summer were performing for you Live, that would be quite a trick and double just high Bell, great voice in Lost Fun and nine in Your Ana Cold.
Speaker 3: Then never said your name one you.
Speaker 1: Just It's all on the radio, including old radio Rick on a Saturday morning. Hello, Rick Washburn, how are you doing.
Speaker 18: It's good morning, Gary z f O. I love that song. Yeah, yeah, Well you're you're coming in five by five? Wait minute four by five or by four or by three?
Speaker 19: Three by three?
Speaker 11: Honey, gave me another battery?
Speaker 1: What are you working with this morning?
Speaker 18: This is a nineteen twenty five Freshman masterpiece. It's a TRFAM radio three dialer. So you've got three tuning knobs just for fun kids. It has an internal folded horn, which basically is like one of those big horn speakers that looks sort of like the big horn on a gramophone or of patrols in your early days, except that it's inside the cabinet and it looks like it looks kind of like a beer can that somebody crushed in order to fold it into place. That it works wonderfully, but.
Speaker 1: As long as it produce, man, well.
Speaker 18: The thing is it's got it's it's a five tube radio, and the five tubes are all UX two A one a's and I don't have to tell you what dad means. Maybe I do. These are very early, very rare tubes that a lot of most tube testers do not know how to test, and therefore people use an ometer to see if the filament's any good, and unfortunately most o meters put more voltage out than the filament can handle. It's kind of like testing a fuse. Hey is that ten out fuse? I mean good, I don't know. Let's put twelve lamps on it and see if it blows.
Speaker 12: Oh geez, yeah, so.
Speaker 18: Well it was good until you tested it.
Speaker 1: So well, they were still in a very very you know, embryonic stage of development, so you cut them some slack.
Speaker 18: I guess, well, fair enough, this is the Freshman. It's not the it's not the senior. Okay, so let's go to the catalog, shall we. Sure freshman announces another sensation. Of course, we all remember the original freshman sensation, right, Oh.
Speaker 1: Boy, sensation you get with when you bite into a York peppermint patty.
Speaker 18: Oh wow, nice fall back. Okay, So the Freshman's latest sensation illustrated here. I'm holding it up for everybody to see on the radio. A handsome piece of furniture that fits in any corner of any sized room. It's supposed to just the northeast or southwest. It is compact and comparatively small, giving it preference over clumsy consoles. Really with built in loudspeaker of great volume and superb pone. When not used as a radio, this console can be entirely closed. This is the radio receiver women have been waiting for.
Speaker 1: Well, sure, old friendly women have been waiting for this receiver.
Speaker 11: What this one?
Speaker 1: All right? I know, model, I know we have we have some women listening. Just I've seen the numbers, the ratings we have women, and I would like anyone to call and tell me about the receiver they've been waiting for when we get them. Gohead, go ahead, please.
Speaker 18: Oh boy, Yeah, what have you done here? You see the model six f one, entirely closed real furniture for which no home is too pretentious and none too modest to afford. Because yeah, the affordability ninety nine dollars and fifty cents. That's about eighteen hundred bus It was gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, it doesn't sound real affordable to me. In nineteen twenty five shilling out.
Speaker 18: One hundred drugs by authorized dealers.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 18: It also those ample room for all batteries, et cetera, in spacious compartments, not a single wire being visible. Well that's true unless you want to listen to it, because then you're gonna have to hook up an external antenna and ground and you're going to see those buddy, All right, nice, right.
Speaker 1: So but it does it does actually pick up if you've got the right batteries full.
Speaker 18: It actually does. I'm just I'm being nice to it. What would have been known as an A battery, which is the big one that powers the filaments of the tubes that would last for months, but it was expensive and large. I'm just using a single D flashlight cell because I want to be kind to those tubes and keep them alive. But it doesn't give me a lot of listening time.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you well. Thanks for sharing, as always, my friend. If you would like to know more, or you've got perhaps one of those freshman sensations that you'd like repaired or looked at Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com, you can check out mister Washburn. There we continue. When do you like to listen to Scott's Loan? I like to listen when my boss is having another one of his moods. He's always having a mood. I do not have moods, all right. I listened for Sloaney's common sense. I like the way you think he's so full of common sense. I bet he leaves little puddles of it when he sits. Do you really I want Slooney twenty four hours a day, dope? I guess anytime is the right time for Sloaney.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows that Scott's Loan Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW, and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio app when.
Speaker 1: You're way to our twenty twenty four Iard Radio Music.
Speaker 8: Festival, present it by Capital Thanks except twenty have been twenty first.
Speaker 1: See beautiful stretch in the weather department.
Speaker 24: You kick off this morning in the mid to upper fifties, and you only warm to the mid to upper seventies this afternoon with sunny skies. You're back down to the fifties tonight, topping out only around eighty tomorrow afternoon. From severe weather station, I'm nine first warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven one hundred WLW. Sports, Ladies and gentlemen, not Liam, Tomlinson, Austin Elmore Sports, Thank.
Speaker 9: You, Gary, Jeff seven hundred wl W. Reds Update. The Reds lost again to the Milwaukee Brewers last night. Final score was eight to three. Reds runs came from home runs, a solo shot by Spencer Steer, a two run shot by Stuart Fairchild. Nick Martinez gets the ball for Cincinnati tonight. He has a three point four to three e and thirty two appearances this season for the Reds. He'll be opposed by Milwaukee right hander Tobias Myers, who enters tonight with a three point zero two era in sixteen starts for the brew Crew. First pitch is at seven to ten. Our coverage gets underway with the inside pitch at six tens. So see, I thought I know all of the games. Of course, Soul season long right here on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW. But oddly enough, a radio is not always real handy. And the game was on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: I don't have Apple TV, and I think that if the game is not on a channel that I can watch, then the game shouldn't count. Okay, firmly believe that if it's not on I mean, I get Bally Sports and that's I guess that's the last season that they're going to be on Bally Sports. But if it's on Apple TV or it's on Roku TV, you know, I just think it shouldn't count in the standing.
Speaker 9: You know, I don't have any of the channels that the Reds are on. I don't get any of them. So I listen to the Reds every night.
Speaker 1: Basically. That's amazing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, good well, I mean, just if I want to watch them, I have to go through shady websites on the internet.
Speaker 1: Now, being a millennial, I thought you'd have all of those apps.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, I'm also a millennial that doesn't make money very much, so it's too expensive to pay for all.
Speaker 1: Exactly what else you got.
Speaker 9: Meanwhile, in soccer action last night at TQL Stadium, FC Cincinnati defeated Santos Laguna in penalty kicks. I hate to advance to the round of sixteen in League's Cup. It was the first game back for Luciano Acosta, Miles Robinson made his return from the Paris Olympics, and DeAndre Yedlin as well. Meanwhile, American football tonight at pay Course Stadium, the Bengals Gary jeffkickoff the twenty twenty four preseason was supposed to start the first series, right, Yes, he is at least supposed to start the first series. We don't know how much he will play in his career. Joe Burrow has three preseason snaps.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Kickoff is at seven pm. It can be heard on ESPN fifteen thirty and one oh two seven WEBN. And finally, the Paris Olympics underway as we speak. The United States is tied with China for the most gold medals at thirty three. The US, though dominating the total medal count at one hundred and eleven, the only country in triple digits when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: Amazing about that Austin is that at every Olympics the home country gets a little home juice, a little home cooking.
Speaker 9: Because France is France third still in the total medal count or fourth. France is down to.
Speaker 1: Sixth. I think, man, still, how many times has France been that high in the metal standings at an Olympics.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, they do have their their tied for fifth. When it comes to golds, they have fourteen and the United States is going to play France and the men's basketball gold medal match, Gold medal game coming up on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I believe. So there you get. And by the way, that USA team is not the dream team. Sorry. Six twenty six at seven WLW.
Speaker 7: Here's what's trending from the Iheartsports Network presented by Draft Kings Fantasy Sports.
Speaker 25: The US women's basketball team beats Australia, stretching their Olympic winning streak to sixty in a row. They'll not prepare for an eighth straight gold medal game appearance. A rough star for the Reds, who give up a home run the first inning and end up falling in their opener against the Milwaukee Brewers, and it came down to penalleeds for FC Cincinnati and Leagu's got baction, but they managed to knock out Santo's thanks to Sergio Santos winning their round of thirty two matchup.
Speaker 1: I'm Jendy Hafran seck out what DraftKings has to offer this season.
Speaker 24: With coast temptuous tonight back down to the upper fifties, close to eighty for your afternoon high tomorrow. Formis of your weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Fifty nine degrees right now at six thirty six. Our next update at seven. I'm Sandy Collins News Radio seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 8: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 1: Time to head east. I'm toasting you sid Hon we maybe through you'll never care me. Come go out friends, Good morning Chris to two point oh wake up Brooksy Okay, let's head to how now, Brown County, to the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio, right on the banks of the mighty Ohio River to Main Street to a place called Brookies, where the Gang has gathered once again on a Saturday morning. Good morning, gang, Good morning. For a minute there, I didn't think anybody was going to respond. It's just like we didn't either, geez peach. So what is going on in beautiful Ripley. It is a gorgeous morning, by the way, Oh it sure is.
Speaker 27: But actually the activities we'll really pick up tonight. Yeah, the Joe Cole's band here. We were not sure what time they started, eight or nine o'clock, maybe seven, So get here early.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Well hold on a second. You got Brookie is Brookie is there in there with you this morning?
Speaker 19: I'm here with you, all right?
Speaker 1: So you you booked this band to play? What time were they playing, Darren? Don't you know?
Speaker 28: I think they're coming at seven o'clock seven tonight for the old people.
Speaker 1: Tonight, it's for the old people. I thought you. I thought the old people were going to come on August twenty fifth, when me and Chris Gowens are going to play at Brookies, and on a Sunday afternoon, that's a real early start. So the old folks will be there early for that.
Speaker 11: If they're getting here and I'm about out of tickets.
Speaker 1: The Going's Walker Farewell Tour at Brookies on August twenty fifth.
Speaker 19: What's that standing?
Speaker 1: Standing room only? That's right, that's because he doesn't have any chairs?
Speaker 29: How is yeah?
Speaker 27: But you really need to be here the day before on August twenty fourth?
Speaker 20: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Why is that? Doug?
Speaker 27: There's a special contest going to be happening here?
Speaker 29: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is this a special contest? Is this a special contest you have every year about this time? Yeah? Yeah? Is this the contest? Is this a contest where people, especially women wear T shirts? Is there water involved?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, I think I've got an idea. What you're talking about? Women in T shirts and there's water involved? At Brookies on August twenty fourth. What time does that go down?
Speaker 19: Bob o'clock?
Speaker 1: Five o'clock, Bob o'clock.
Speaker 30: Yep, out of all last night, looking for contested?
Speaker 1: Good luck, Cherry, Cherry, how's your beaver?
Speaker 15: He's wonderful, wonderful. He is so refreshing outside. It's wonderful and gonna be refreshing for quite a while. Hey, I want to shout out to Henny from Middletown. She got a hold of me last week after the program and we talked on the phone and with my happy birthday, and she was very pleasant. I hope she comes down on the twenty fifth and.
Speaker 31: Seize all of us here at Brookies.
Speaker 1: That would be fun. How was your brother?
Speaker 11: I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 1: How was your birthday last week? Did you get any good gifts? Sir?
Speaker 15: Well, my beaver got a new cowboy hat.
Speaker 12: You know to see it.
Speaker 1: I want to see your beaver and his new cowboy hat. Thank you.
Speaker 19: I will bring the twenty fifth.
Speaker 15: He'll be here the twenty fifth.
Speaker 27: Oh jeh, get me up.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, guys, as always quite an entertaining conversation. Take care of yourselves, have a good weekend, all right, all right? Take care bye. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Seven hundred l and I Tudio Station, the exclusive audio home of NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 1: What does summertime in the Ohio River Valley mean to you? From the deck of a BB riverboat, it means a bringings on the water.
Speaker 32: No sevend WLW Sports Austin Elmore in this morning with a report on the sports and all kinds of games going on, including the last day of the Olympic Games of last full day in Paris.
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, I believe that's correct. Big game in the Olympics today is the United States women's national soccer team playing for gold. Rose Levelle, Cincinnati's own will be a big part of that, and the US.
Speaker 1: Men's team will be going for gold. Is that tomorrow or today?
Speaker 9: I believe that is tomorrow where the basketball team will face off with France for the gold medal. Last night, in Red's Action, the Reds luw to the Milwaukee Brewers eight to three. The Reds are now fifty six and sixty on the season. They've got two more against the Brewers in Milwaukee this weekend. Game two is tonight. First pitch is at seven to ten. Our coverage gets underway with the inside pitch at six to ten.
Speaker 1: If the Red's entertain any thoughts of making a wild card, this is really one of those series they have to steal at least one or two, right, they.
Speaker 9: Would probably have to win the next two and they would just in general have to start winning games against Milwaukee, which they haven't done.
Speaker 1: In like two years. No doubt.
Speaker 9: FC Cincinnati won a game last night. They did it in penalty kicks over Santos Laguna in the League's Cup. FC now advances to the round of sixteen, and tonight, Bengals Football returns to pay Corpse Stadium as the Bengals kick off the twenty twenty four preseason against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Starters are expected to play, including quarterback Joe Burrow. Kickoff at seven pm. You can hear it all on ESPN fifteen thirty and one two seven w EBN.
Speaker 1: As the Cowboy says, thank you Marty.
Speaker 5: Hey, if you're listening to me right now, I have one thing every business needs most tension.
Speaker 1: Think about it. We swipe And probably not the producers, Oh though they do a fantastic job in Austin Elmore. It's great to have Austin Beck. It's definitely not the producers. But this guy works way harder than I do for this segment, and I appreciate it so much. The great old radio man himself Steve from met In, Ohio with a pithy phone calling news of the week, good morning, I can't wait. These are one of These are the highlights of my Saturday mornings is your commentaries, and I love them. So I'm ready to go.
Speaker 33: Brother Tommy Harris just called me up and said, I can't wait for this. Mister Tuba gets a salute. He called me up this week for my birthday and I got a birthday a toot from mister Tuba, thank you very much. And doctor D from Annapolis called me up this week. Oh my god, have I been business now?
Speaker 1: I feel terrible because I did not call you this week's happy birthday.
Speaker 33: And neither did Austin.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 33: The big news of the week, G Jim Ping Pong of China sent a congratulatory email to Minnesota Governor Tim Walls. Excuse me, that's Master Sergeant Tim, thanking him for his service.
Speaker 11: This after g found out.
Speaker 33: Tim left his troops at the boating dock and ran for Congress in twenty five Instead, by the way, Tim, marines run toward the action, Tim, you run away from it, just as you did in the BLM riots. Note JD. Vance was a marine. I know this sounds bad, but call that President Joe left thirteen American troops at the baggage claim in caboul so maybe this is just David Gahre in progressive circles. Remember, troops, you are not fighting for your country, You're fighting for the administration in charge of your country. There is a definite difference. I've talked to Sergeant Tim about this, and he justified his butt saving strategy by noting that his army training taught him how to shoot the enemy, and Democrats have been shooting at Republicans ever since Congressman Steve Scalise, Donald Trump, etc. So I wonder when Commie and Tim rigged this election, which I'm sure they will, where are they going to find a job for Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, who probably is not really a very happy camper right now?
Speaker 29: Huh.
Speaker 33: Rumor has it Josh has met with a Jewish psychic and ask him when Commie Harris is going to die. He told Josh Cammy will die on a Jewish holiday. Josh asked the guy to be more specific. He replied, any day Harris dies will become a Jewish holiday. Keep I know it's an old joke. I got that at NYU back in the sixties. Keep hoping, Josh, But you know, Josh, you're a jew admit it. You're lucky you didn't get raped or murdered. You just got stabbed in the back.
Speaker 34: Okay.
Speaker 33: Everybody screwed up in this deal, especially you when you apologize for being a Jew and saying some negative things about Islamic terrorists when you were a teenager. You know, Josh, you could always go to Ireland. Back in nineteen fifty six, Robert Emmett Briscoe, an Orthodox Jew, became the Lord Mayor of Dublin. Yes, fascinating guy. Son of a you could see it, a son of a Lithuanian Jew who emigrated to Ireland and named two of his sons after Irish revolutionaries. Mayor of Briscoe also had a daughter who became a Catholic nun. Wow, talk about pleasing everybody. You can learn a lesson there, Josh. Sadly, Robert Briscoe only got one term as Mayor of Dublin. He made a suggestion to Guinness Brewing that they introduce kosher light on tap. He was impeached immediately. Page two. Thank you, Paul. The Olympics are wrapping up Tony Blinken, our Secretary of State, another Jew trying to appease Islamic terrorists has proposed that the International Olympics Committee endorse suicide bombing as a new Olympic event in twenty twenty eight in Los Angeles. Seems the Muslims didn't do very well with the current slate of events and this will give them a chance to catch up to the Western world. You recall the Palestine Liberation Organization tried to get terrorism into the Olympics in nineteen seventy two at Munich, but Israel vetoed the idea when the PLO killed eleven Israeli athletes. If you guys want to kill yourselves, that's okay with us. But Munich and that was homicide. Now, I wasn't suicide. If you're going to be civil, we have to have rules. Austrian officials have arrested and jailed those Islamic backed terrorists that threatened to blow up Taylor Swift's Vienna concert. The bad Boys are in solitary twenty four hours a day and have to listen to a continuous loop on the PA system of Kamie Harris cackling. It's one thing, you know, to kill a lot of Jews, It's quite another to mess with Taylor Swift. Yeah, you're going to pay for that. One of the guys did repent before he died, found hanged.
Speaker 11: In his cell.
Speaker 33: He left the note God bless Donald Trump sad demise, but reminds one of the good thief who died next to Jesus. You know it's never too late, Tim Walls, I'm just saying, speaking of Commy Harris, the the sign language, folks have deciphered Commi speak and announced an official sign for the Commie cackle. It's the middle finger, extended and raised.
Speaker 10: Who knew?
Speaker 33: Baseball? Great Bob Yucker, featured on The Gary Jeff Show a week ago, has thrown his support behind Josh Shapiro for mayor of Dublin, although he admits his candidacy. Let's say it all together, folks, Come on, is just just a little bit outside. Okay, that's two Yuker jokes. I get one more. Stay tuned next week. The Pot Calling the Kettle Black Award to Turkey Turkey taip Ertowan for joining the International Kabbal calling Israel out for alleged genocide. Ooh, wait a minute, Turkey. In nineteen fifteen, Turkey killed one and a half million Armenians in a genocide did Yeah, Turkey neither apologizes nor admits to this. In Yiddish, that's called hatspa. Put that in your pipe and smoke at Turkey. But then again, this week, the Japanese commemorating the anniversary of the bombing of Nagasaki and the end of World War Two have never apologized for Pearl Harbor. And forget that we saved the butts of countless Japanese civilians.
Speaker 18: Who would have died if we had to invade.
Speaker 33: That island, since the imperialist said they would fight to the death of every man, woman and child. As Ricky Ricardo would have said to Lucy, you've got a lot of stata to do, but I would add, but we don't, and Jesus died for your sins. Page three. A final thought, Listen carefully. Do these progressives love abortion and infanticide because it's a good way to eliminate a bunch of unreliable children, replaced by all the illegals coming across the border. Voting Democrat just asking take care of yourself, Gary, Jeff, thank you.
Speaker 1: Steve Real quickly raided the village grocery. Good morning, my friend, and now did the village Grocery anymore? He put that up there. He doesn't understand that you sold the village grocery and now you're you're just a freelance guy.
Speaker 34: Yeah, but formerly of the village grocer. New performance name. But yeah, there's a lot going on this one. But I'm trying to come to grips with the return of Austin, who is just awesome. He's such a great protegee and my new nickname for him, by the way, his son of say, anyways.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to imagine I'm trying to picture Austin's face right now as you said that.
Speaker 34: I'm dead because I like him so much. And then and Dick going to college. I mean, I'm trying to picture Dick, Dick with a beanie, you know, September the first and his new pay of tennis shoes going to school. I just this is gonna this is gonna be a great year.
Speaker 1: Big and by the way, Big Dick on campus.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, how do we go?
Speaker 34: You know we're talking about the seventy two Olympics. Earlier Steve mentioned how we go from the East German and Russian women, uh, you know that were balked up less their hearts like men and were disqualified from their medals. Are they going to go back now and and award them the medals?
Speaker 1: They if they've got men boxing women and going for medals. Yes, they have to reinstate the East Europeans and the Russians who were juicing and and had testosterone levels. I don't know this side of Chuck Norris. Yeah, they gotta do. Ray listen, I gotta I gotta move, brother. But it's good to talk to you. God bless you too. Six fifty six, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: I'm the team behind Atlanta Monster and up in Vanish comes up with this morning courtesy of Steve Gori.
Speaker 35: I see trees green, I've seen them blue, and I think to myself.
Speaker 1: What a wonderful what a wonderful, beautiful place. This little blue marble in space is so from Steve Gorham, who's the executive director of the Climate Science Coalition and author of many great books on the environment. Truth not in doctrination, not bought and paid for climate cultism. I have two articles here to feature this morning from mister Gorham that you can find if you don't google it. Duck Duck Gohett or Safaria or whatever. The publication it's called Master Resource. This is from July thirty first, just a few weeks ago of this year. What's happening in Washington State is interesting. The Climate Commitment Act, you know, the green news scam kind of stuff, faces the possibility of repeal by the voters this fall because it is costing people money and it's simply not The wind and solar path is not a sustainable or reliable source of energy, and people are starting to realize it. The governor there, Jay Insley, who's all in for the CCA and others, claiming that it will reduce pollution and help stop climate change. But according to mister Gorum, the CCA isn't having the slightest effect on the climate since its introduction, while it is boosting the cost of living for Washington restaurant residents. And he's got a chart here and just talks about the increased food crop growth from increased CO two. This is something you never hear from the climate cultist about how good CO two is for a flourishing, greening planet. If you have an additional right now now, we've got a little over four hundred parts per million of CO two in our atmosphere. An additional three hundred parts per million atmospheric CO two concentration is yielding twenty two percent more corn, thirty one percent more potato productivity, about the same amount of wheat productivity. This is all feeding the world. By the way. Sugarcane it's up about thirty five percent thanks to the increased CO two in our atmosphere. Rice is up thirty six percent, soybeans are up forty five use soy beans for everything, including food and sugar. Beet production.
Speaker 11: Is up.
Speaker 1: To some sixty eight percent thanks to the increased CO two. So is CO two really bad? That's really the the information is really bad for the climate cultist, Let's put it that way. There's also a graph here showing how the new US EU methane rules will not affect temperatures at all, and he's got the facts to prove it so. And that's also in Master Resource. That's the name of the publication. Back on July ninth, twenty twenty four. You can read Steve's books. The Green Breakdown is the latest. It's about the coming renewable energy failure that he's predicting and showing reasons why he is saying what he is saying about the Green new scam as Donald Trump likes his calling anyway, in doctrination, not an education, not in doctrination. Here always eleven minutes past the hour of seven o'clock, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Meanwhile in the mcheged Forest, the Princess. Wait a minute, where's the princess?
Speaker 1: She's on Maternity Lead. We're filling in while she's out.
Speaker 13: But you're Eddie and Rocky. Yeah, so what this story is supposed to be about? How the princess does nothing but listen to your show.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, let's be honest. If all she ever did was listen to our show, she wouldn't be on Maternity Leader. And what I'm saying, Oh good point, guys, Eddie and rock Monday afternoon at three on.
Speaker 23: Seven hundred WLW, the freshest, best tasting coffee ever has arrived at United Dairy Farmers UDF.
Speaker 16: Made for you from the team behind Atlanta Monster and Up and Vanished. Comes a brand new investigative true crime podcast, flash Points.
Speaker 1: Saturday Morning, and here's the man, the Missed Legend himself, Racocostelano, with articles published on a regular weekly basis, on his his site Rococostelano dot com if you'd like to r O c COO c A s T E L l A n O dot com if you want to find out what we're talking about this morning to a further extent, because we have limited time obviously, so without any further Ado Roko, good morning. How are you.
Speaker 11: Regards? Jeff?
Speaker 19: Thank you for spelling my name right, that's.
Speaker 1: Where well, I'm right, I'm reading it. I'm reading it off my phone, so it was kind of easy.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Okay, now we're talking about libido killers here. Now, everybody, we spend all this money in this country just trying to keep our let's say, attention when it comes to intimate activity, whether it's viagra, and there are all kinds of Now there're medications and herbs for women to kind of peak their interests, so to speak. But there are definitely things that we do in our daily lives which can just sink that ship, if you know what I mean. Enlighteness on the libido killers that you know about Rocco well all the.
Speaker 12: Time, and and especially here in Cincinnati, I get I get calls all the time about you know, a rectile dysfunction and and stuff like that. And and the first thing we do, I'm literally the first thing we do is we look at their diet and we see uh, like the sugar intake, the soy, if they're drinking, if they're drinking water from uh.
Speaker 19: From plastic bottles, and and something you know, like a b P A is not just in uh. B p A is the is the chemical that's in plastic and most plastic.
Speaker 1: It's not the Bowlers Professional it's not the Bowler's Professional Association, the bp A.
Speaker 11: No, No, it's not. No, it's not uh so.
Speaker 12: And what's something that most people don't know about is that the that the inside lining of your hand goods actually uh, I can have pep you know, a BPA in it. And then trans fats, even though they've kind of been outlawed, you know by the like the FDA, there's still trans fats, uh you know, and there's still using like hydrogen to thicken stuff, So there's still trans fats. And then excessive salt. You know a lot of people put I mean, and I'm and I'm a big salt guy. I don't really mind salt, but when you use it to excess it can do some some heavy damage.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, listen, roc listen.
Speaker 18: Flow.
Speaker 1: If if I had as much salt as as I like, there would be deer in my living room because I'd have a big salt lick right there in the middle of the room. Ye. So but all of this, all of this can kill your mood, is what you're saying.
Speaker 11: Well, a lot of yeah.
Speaker 12: And if you go to the you know, like the blog post, it'll go more into uh, you know, but sugar, I want to tell you, like, the sugar intake has gone.
Speaker 19: Through the roof.
Speaker 12: And that's and that's the main one because it actually disrupts or it causes your hormones to be imbalanced. And that's and that's a big one. And people you know eat you know, eat sugar all day long and uh and that's and that's one of the bigger ones. And you know, but there is hope and there is uh stuff if you just limit your your intake of that and you can go on you know, the Mediterranean diet with the with the good fats and you take in a nitric oxide.
Speaker 20: Uh is that you know?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Is this Morocco?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is this why the Greeks were so over sexed.
Speaker 19: Yes, an Italian too, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, like the Romans and the Greeks were crazy about sex because they were you know, like they were limiting that.
Speaker 1: They were they were ready, they were ready, they were ready, they were ready. Twenty four to seven is ready? Okay, Roco Roccocostelano dot com. If you'd like to find out what's killing your libido and maybe turn that around before the Tom Davis diaries, real quick, Scott, good morning, you had a story.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Gary, Jeff, good morning man.
Speaker 18: You are absolutely correct.
Speaker 28: That is an unforgettable, unforgettable concert of the Music Hall with the Rubbie Dolbows.
Speaker 1: Oh were you there?
Speaker 19: And yes, sir, that's a I actually shook your hand.
Speaker 1: That that that evening, how about that? But it was right good.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 12: I was just gonna say, I.
Speaker 28: Bet if everybody should be a fan of Jeff or Paul you know, Ian Anderson or whatnot. But but yeah, that was again the intimacy of it, it was.
Speaker 19: It was amazing.
Speaker 20: It was this amazing show.
Speaker 28: But let me ask you this, all right has always parted my mind.
Speaker 11: You remember when he played the.
Speaker 19: Fat Man song? Yes, yeah, it seemed like, you know.
Speaker 28: Like you're saying the question air between the two. It seemed like he directed that at the gentleman that was who has passed on.
Speaker 19: I believe he's passed on.
Speaker 18: I never did, mister K. Yeah, did you get that feeling?
Speaker 1: I did, you know what, at that moment, I was just thinking about getting through the show. I wasn't really trying to trying to put any extra meaning behind anything.
Speaker 28: I just, you know, I swear I thought he got up and walked out, and he didn't never never came back to the state I stacked.
Speaker 31: And he was a large man, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, mister K was a large man. He was a gregarious fellow too, and he was wonderful and I I remember him fondly. Scott, Thank thank you for bringing back the memories.
Speaker 29: Brother.
Speaker 1: We got to run along for Tom davis Diaries, which I like to refer to as the diary Tom Davis with wild, wacky news stories from all around the country and all over the world. Right here, right now, Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 36: This week New York says no to number two, but first, A school in El Paso has made the shocking move of banning kids from wearing black clothing so you might be thinking it's a heat thing, right, black absorbs the heat, you know, keep the kids safe. Nope, they say clothes that are the color black caused depression and mental health issues. But the parents are pushing back, saying that clothing doesn't dictate mental health. Plus, what are they supposed to do with all these Metallica and Winger.
Speaker 1: Shirts they bought for the school year.
Speaker 36: Some guy in Pennsylvania spot at a real prize inside one of those claw machines, a live groundhog.
Speaker 1: They called the game warden. They got him out without hurting him. No word on whether or not he saw a shadow through the glass.
Speaker 36: A really nice guy used a bomb to blow up a porta potty in Cicero, New York. It was a big explosion too, throwing you know, matter up to forty feet away. Police caught the guy who has the New Yorkiest name that ever, New York Angelo Michael Antonello A.
Speaker 1: They charged him with criminal mischief.
Speaker 36: And finally, speaking of New York, several coffee shops, restaurants, and businesses in the New York City area have decided to ban public pooping. They're now only allowing a number one to happen in their restrooms, and can you blame them? People are animals flushing phones, shoes, business papers, causing thousands of dollars in damage every year, not to mention the mess left behind by the truly grossest amongst us. Next week, guess theef light cigarette during siphoning.
Speaker 1: Truck goes boom. Have a great weekend. It's grunting cruising, I'm bleeding.
Speaker 8: No, not my family Reunion of Talking Bengals Training Care which is much less violent.
Speaker 1: Listen for the latest on seven.
Speaker 8: Hundred w WL Jelly, the home of the best Bengals Goverment.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio Olympics Update Drack and Field.
Speaker 22: You get two rooms clean free. You heard me write free when you mentioned me Bill Cunningham, the Great American. You get two rooms of carpet clean for free. Use their promo code bogo at zero SINSI dot com or call five one three eight four five zero one five to one zero Spello backwards or forwards.
Speaker 1: Believe the Great American.
Speaker 22: It's the right way to clean.
Speaker 1: At bags are us. We're terrible roofers.
Speaker 23: We sting, get installing sighting and don't ever call us for your kitchenery model. But if you want a stunning, beautiful bathroom makeover in just two or three days, now, that's when you want to call us. See Unlike most contractors these days, we offer only one service, bathroom remodeling. We don't spread ourselves thin by doing roofing or sighting and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 11: Nope.
Speaker 23: At bathsrus, we dedicate every company resource into mastering the craft of bath transformations. It's wine with the Midwest biggest five star family owned bathroom company, and it's why we have the happiest customers.
Speaker 1: Just check out our Google reviews.
Speaker 23: Baths r US. We're terrible roofers, but we're awesome bathroom remodelers.
Speaker 10: Right now.
Speaker 23: Get fifteen hundred dollars off a shower or TEB replacement or three thousand dollars off of full bathroom remodel plus loans and no monthly payments. Call five one, three, six seven six bath to schedule your free estimate, or go.
Speaker 1: To bathsrs dot com. Bathsr Us We're dreams soak.
Speaker 8: In news, traffic and weather, news Radio seven hundred wl L Cincinnati.
Speaker 26: No survivors in that Brazil plane crash.
Speaker 1: This is the seven thirty report I'm Sandy Allans Breaking now.
Speaker 26: Officials say fifty seven passengers and four crew members were on board a local airline flight that died when their twin engine turboprop tumbled into the ground. They were headed to Sal Paulo's International Airport. The cause of the crash is under investigation. ABC News aviation analyst John Nance with what we know now.
Speaker 3: We know our immigration system is broken.
Speaker 37: At the two engine turboprop from local airline voapass spinning out of control.
Speaker 38: And crashing into a residential neighborhood. The witnesses horrified, especial this man emotional, saying he was running late and missed the flight. Now grateful to the airport worker who wouldn't let him board shortly before it was scheduled to come in for a landing. The plane dropping seventeen thousand feet in just one minute, and.
Speaker 26: The lane's fuselage was obliterated, but the black box has been recovered.
Speaker 1: Trafficking weather together here on the Big One.
Speaker 26: No highway delays or crash is reported right now. If you ever see a problem, let us know about it. The newsroom tip line is.
Speaker 1: Four two one news Now.
Speaker 8: The latest forecast from the train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on News Radio seven hundred WLW sunny and miles day.
Speaker 26: With the high in the upper seventies tonight, it'll be cool, temperatures in the upper fifties. Nice night to keep those windows open. Tomorrow sunny high have eighty. Right now it is fifty nine degrees in Cincinnati. News A service of a door and window and coordinated financial Planning and wealth Management. Ukraine's surprise invasion of Russia seems to have stretched into a second border region. KIV forces are claiming to have reached a village inside Russia, as the Kremlin has announced a counter terrorism operation. This comes five days after Ukrainian troops launched a cross border offensive into Russia. Now that Chad Dorman's in prison for killing his kids and heading towards his final destination jail cell, his ex wife is now speaking out.
Speaker 1: Matt Reese reports the.
Speaker 39: Mother of Chad Dorman's victims issued a statement through the Claremont County Prosecutor's office on Friday. Dorman took a plea deal which keeps him in prison for life without parole for murdering his son, seven year old Clayton, four year old Hunter and three year old Chase. Their mother, Laura Dorman, says she is in full agreement with how the criminal case was resolved and that a guarantee he spends the rest of his life behind bars is what is best for her family. Prosecutor's office plans a news conference on Monday afternoon to talk about the case. I'm Matt Reese news Radio seven hundred WYLW and.
Speaker 26: A lone judge in Clinton County is facing accusations of misconduct. Here's Lee Mawen with.
Speaker 14: That the only common police judge in Clinton County, John tim is facing accusations of misconduct from the Ohio Disciplinary Council for supporting his son's campaign to become a judge. The incident stems from a Facebook post from his son, Brett, who ran from municipal judge in Wilmington, reportedly tagging his dad in the post. The judge has a disciplinary hearing in November. He faces anywhere from a public reprimand to disbarment. Roddick was planning to retire after forty years on the bench. In December. Ainley Mawin News Radio seven hundred WLW one.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred gud junk recycles because it conserves our natch out in the mid to upper seventies.
Speaker 24: Temptus tonight back down to the upper fifties close to eighty for your afternoon high tomorrow formas of your weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on NewsRadio seven hundred WLWAD.
Speaker 26: Fourcast thanks to Arley House Plumbing Heating in ac The Happy House Guys right now in Cincinnati, fifty eight degrees at seven thirty six next updated eight on news radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 8: News twenty four hours a day. He's Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: It's birthday Bits, big hits and rock and roll archaeology on a Saturday morning with the music professor Jim Lebarbara, You're on seven hundred w l W. Who's that I see walking in these woods? Whe's Little Red Riding Hood.
Speaker 3: Hey there, Little Red Riding.
Speaker 1: You sure are looking good.
Speaker 3: Your everything a big.
Speaker 1: Bad wool good wong.
Speaker 3: Listen to me, Little Red Riding Hood.
Speaker 1: I don't make little big girl shoot go walking in the spooky old wood alone.
Speaker 3: Do it again?
Speaker 40: What I knew?
Speaker 9: How ye.
Speaker 19: See that?
Speaker 1: Young jays?
Speaker 3: They got on.
Speaker 38: You?
Speaker 1: Just your friendly one bad wolf. Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs and Little Red Riding Hood kick us off this morning, Jim Lebarbara, tell me about this song and the ties to this weekend or this week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, number two record. It stalls out at number two, stayed there for like four weeks at number two nineteen sixty six today in nineteen sixty six, and they made it. They made it under the Selement show looking like the chorus and the bad production of Maeda and Sam was there, Ammon the Pharose with their gold jackets, turbans, their triumphaled appearance with that Settlement and network television. And this was at the height of the British invasion there, Jeff and this group at that time sold about three and a half million copies of that that record. Now the song is built around to push the fairy tale to the Redline Hood adapted by ending the song before the Grandma makes her entrance. And this is the updated version Little Advity heard the Barry Tale with the lead singer Sam the Sham portraying the wolf. In this context, you know, samly Shammon's playing on this girl through lives and deception and an attempt to win her favorite and take advantage of her and it's the thing that really played.
Speaker 1: Out and oh, like you never did that, You're right exactly. So why do they call him Sam the sham? What was the deal? That was kind of a joke too, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: Yes, sampo me his rule name is Dominico, Dominiko Samodino.
Speaker 12: And he said sham.
Speaker 6: He said, shame was like putting people on, you know, kidding people, Sam shammon, he said, So we six to go shaman all the time. He said, we're shamming, you know, so that they kind of caught on, he said, so they called me Sam the sham. And then he saw that it was the movie, oh, the Yo Breader movie, the Ten Commandment. Yeah, and this is the fifty six and want He said, you know what, that's we're going to do. We don't wear costumes like they have. And then that's that's all it came around. When I first met him, he was driving a hearse. He had a big hearse with his name on the side of a funny guy. And then he always wore that he still had this herban.
Speaker 1: All right. So up next on our list a trip to uh Well, to the Summer of Love, which of course became the winner of Discontent and then the Summer of Hate in sixty eight. But first and foremost, it started with flowers in our hair, tell us about this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Philip Blondheim, the third, Philip Blondheim the third, with a bunch of his clans, and a comedian said, you know what you look like? A Scottie dog. So they changed his name to Scott McKinsey. And his mother was good friends with John Phillips, and they became good friends for the young age. They formed a little folk group called the Journeyman, and then later John formed the Mamas and Pappas and invited it's got to become a member, and he turned it down. He said, when the translect as a solo performer, now this song, John Phillips was involved with that model Ray popped festival. Michelle told me we did a terrible performance, but we spent so much time working on this at Monaway Pop Festival that's side of San Francisco, and this was a song. Local authorities in Monterey were not happy with this, and so he wrote this song smooth things over with the town folk. And you said, he wrote in about twenty minutes, gave it to Scott McKenzie and Scott had flowers in his hair when he quoted the song and well.
Speaker 19: This song is credited with.
Speaker 6: Bringing thousands of young people that San Francisco during the late nineteen sixties. The song written in about twenty minutes Scott McKenzie with a Don Phillips.
Speaker 1: Song bringing thousands to San Francisco where they became drug addicts.
Speaker 3: Cisco, You've got some jentuco in the street, Cisco.
Speaker 1: Jentu Yeah, in the streets of San Francisco. Watch where you stepped today? Fifty seven years later there it is up next gym in our list. Let's talk about Joe Jackson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Joe Jackson celebrating the birthday tomorrow. And now this guy came over from England. This guy he began playing the piano and bards age of sixteen. What a scholarship to study music at London's Royal Academy of Music. Has a formal musical background.
Speaker 19: It came to Mica.
Speaker 6: This song is inspired recking by his time in New York City. Now he came to New York City.
Speaker 19: He wrote this.
Speaker 6: It was for whole album he did Night and Day and it was in New York because his marriage broke up and went to New York when they recorded New York and he started. In fact, he plays all the instruments on.
Speaker 19: This song, with the exception of a drummer. Session.
Speaker 6: Drummer added the real snare, drum and cymbal hits, and the rest of the song. He's a drum beat programmed into a drum machine. And this is actually song about a night out, a night out, and he's anticipating the excitement of a night out on the town in Manhattan and takes us on this journey through Manhattan in a taxicab. Yeah, we're stepping out.
Speaker 1: Here, we go, step it out with Joe Jackson. Happy birthday tomorrow. Joe's still with us, right, Jim? All right? If you remember the eighties, no doubt you remember Joe Jackson.
Speaker 6: There's the cross the window, hide the lines, nothing hid cor of lines?
Speaker 28: Is that shine.
Speaker 29: You?
Speaker 1: Let Jersey Subinde.
Speaker 35: Drive rock.
Speaker 1: Me So time all the time with no mind angry words to say, come get into a car. Time there sound that's nice. Seven on a Saturday morning. It's rock and roll archaeology Gary Jeffer and the music professor the proft Jim Lebarbara going through our weekly list and uh up next to we have another birthday. We're celebrating Jimmy.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, what happened was now it's there. That was the number six record in nineteen eighty two. Now this is the number one record that same year.
Speaker 29: Uh.
Speaker 6: This we're honoring the Peter Wolf. Peter Wolf, the one on dis jockey from WBCN and Boston Berg of disc jockey. But this was a week that Peter married the most beautiful woman perhaps in the world in the eyes of many people, payed unaway and he married her head and in nineteen seventy four. That marriage lasted actually five years. And this was a song that it came their biggest hit record, and he joined the Jay Gilesman. He was their lead singer, and this was a musical. They were great blues bassed in rock and rollbility. And then this was a beautiful departure because they got under the new Waves sound that was like the cars and the police, and they did this song and they got them a slot choing with the Rolling Stones and got them in a cover of Rolling Stone magazine and heavy rotation on that new cable network. That happened MTV with a video that showed the band playing in a classroom surrounded by little girls in Catholic school uniform and they they did this song. This song is about a guy who has a crush on this sweet, innocent girl in his homeroom in high school. And then years later he's looking through a girling magazine and he sees his homeroom crush as a centerfold and it rocks his world and it's no longer is he is just an innocent girl in the house. He's twittered that he dreamed about. Rather than being titillated, he's disappointed his memory has been been sold out. And he records this song and it's called Centerfold. And I think his marriage to pay Dunneway on this day in nineteen seventy four, this week in nineteen seventy four, much better looking than Annie's centerfold that you could find.
Speaker 1: Mary, Thanks you. Jim got to interview Peter Wolf at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame years ago. Cool guy, Little Jay Giles. As we close things out, Brendavan and Jones on baseball coming up seven hundred.
Speaker 3: W l W.
Speaker 4: No pay same, The never of My Angel, So you never calls here's the.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 1: There's my holy agel on the page between and my love.
Speaker 14: Just been sold Sentopore's.
Speaker 7: Justn't been sold.
Speaker 36: Skip me under the death about birthdass, I was shot, turned away before.
Speaker 3: I sh shoes s those days and something.
Speaker 1: Hold on me when angel beat goes back on song versus sweater.
Speaker 41: Imagine, don't wake up Tanya. She used to be a troubled sleeper. Now she starts in morning with me. Mike McConnell gets the latest news, weather, traffic, financial news and more.
Speaker 1: Hey, aren't you Mike McConnell, No, you're just dreaming. How about dream Miike giving me a back rub? Dream Mink's gonna have to pass on that rub my feet dream Mike is leaping now, John Mey Mike McConnell. Monday morning at five on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Free estimates on air conditioning with Logan Services get zero percent APR finance.
Speaker 24: This morning in the mid to upper fifties, and you only warm to the mid to upper seventies this afternoon with sunny skies. You're back down to the fifties tonight, topping out only around eighty tomorrow afternoon. Firmas of your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Sixty degrees here at eight five, I'm Sandy Collins. Our next update at eight thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: News twenty four hours Your Day News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Jeff Wellernissan dot Com inuntil you at another hour of the Saturday morning edition for There's Saturday, August twenty twenty four. How to eat Gary, Jeff. That's me and you are you, And that's perfectly fine with me, just as long as it doesn't doesn't interfere with what I'm doing here, and I'm trying trying to figure out exactly what I am doing here. It's six minutes past the hour. A who was six Eastern time and Bob and Indiana wanted to call for some reason. Bob, what's what's on your mind?
Speaker 19: Hey?
Speaker 31: Good morning, Gary, Jeff. When I first heard jd Vance was from Middletown, Ohio, the name Kyle Schwarber immediately popped in my head.
Speaker 19: There you go.
Speaker 31: Now, I don't know if yeah, I don't hope they know each other, or what Shobergs politics are, if any, but that could be a really powerful campaign tool in the city of Philadelphia if we could get kylege Warber out there for the Trump Vance ticket in the city of Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: See now, now you're working for the Trump Vance campaign. I appreciate that. As as a fan myself, I had a suggestion that JD visit, since he is a fan, since he is a fan of Fried Maloney sandwiches, visit Waldo, Ohio and the g n R tavern. Of course, that would be appealing to the base, not not appealing to voters who might otherwise vote. I will tell you this, Bob, if you're an American, you live you live past the live few the last three and a half years, unless you're one of the billionaires that Biden has created with his policies while the rest of us have been left to just you know, suck wind. And you don't know that you're you're voting for Donald Trump and JD. Vance, and I don't know what you've been paying attention to. So we'll see, we'll we'll put that in the suggestion box. Get Kyle Schwarber on board with JD. Vance and rally in Philadelphia. It's election here, anything anything goes. Time for science Mike in a Science minute on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 21: Yes, as a night scientists surprising all blinding me.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Michael, good morning. How are you? What's that?
Speaker 11: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm good. Apparently someone didn't have your volume up. What's going on? Brother?
Speaker 20: Well tell Austin, I'm a Reds on radio person.
Speaker 19: Also, you are a red Zone I don't have the money for the cable either.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the thing is, I foolishly spend money on one service, but I'm not gonna subscribe to five different services just so I can watch the occasional REDS game that's not offered on the services where I'm already paying through the nose. Thank you.
Speaker 20: Right, Well, let's rephrase. I have the money, but I choose not to spend it on that day there.
Speaker 1: Well, and then if you've got if you've got the money and you like me, you could just give me the money and then I could subscribe to the service and invite you over. We'll do a commune together for the rest season. One game out of fifty that's on Apple TV. You can come on over.
Speaker 20: Alston probably hears me yelling at the radio, don't don't go on contact. I'll go on contact any have Let's do a Boeing star Liner update. Gary, Jeff and I think we talked about this two or three weeks ago, but I was kiddingly think of saying that SpaceX will have to bring home the star Liner astronauts who have originally scheduled to be up there for a week till they.
Speaker 1: May be there till twenty twenty five. I saw the report this week. That's crazy, that's right.
Speaker 20: So that they have two plans. The one is to what you just said is put it on the SpaceX nine mission that's will come back up. It has been put off till September twenty fourth because of this issue, and they'll come home when the SpaceX nine returns in February I think of next year, right, So that's one option option A.
Speaker 19: Option Option B is to.
Speaker 20: When the current if that astronauts come home on crew on SpaceX crew eight, which is I mean on one another docking platform, is to stow them the way they worded it, put them under the existing seats and bring them home. I guess they have some options from sea thinking they can bolt back down. Obviously, and the thing about the whole thing well, the star Line er itself, you know. They that's the thrusters are all messed up. They overheated and leak and helium and they can't bring that home unless they reprogrammed the whole system to do an autonomous type of release from the dockings and bring bring through.
Speaker 19: The into orbit. So it ain't looking good for Boeing.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, they can't keep the doors on their aircraft. Uh. They have all kinds of issues at Boeing, and and and if you blow the whistle on Boeing then then you die.
Speaker 19: You know, Boeing.
Speaker 20: Boeing got almost five billion dollars from the government for the star Liner program and SpaceX got half that and they've already been been doing mission since for three or four years now. So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's not looking good for Boeing.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and that means it's not looking good for anybody who flies with Boeing unfortunately. Godspeed to all of them. It's eight eleven on a Saturday, seven hundred w l W. Brother Rick Green in just a few moments meeting this one of our shows. Because you look a little too much like a wanted serial killer. Don't worry.
Speaker 4: You can get the B cast of our shows and here what you miss check them out on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ass every cup is ground right in front of you, so it's always fresh U d F made for you. If you like refreshing, wonderful weather, this is the weekend for you. Mostly sunny today at high seventy eight. You will notice the moment, but the good news. Brother Rick Green is standing by this light of mine.
Speaker 42: I'm gonna let it shine, this light of mine. I'm going let it shine, miss, light of mine. I'm going let it shine, it shine, let it shine shine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. From John h Verses ten and eleven. Jesus straightened up and asked the woman caught in the act of adultery, Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you? No one, sir? She said, Then neither do I condemn you. Jesus declared, Go now and leave your life of sin. Good morning, brother Green.
Speaker 20: How are you? Hey man?
Speaker 29: Good morning Gary? I walk up praying for you and your listeners. Oh I love that verse you just read, And I got another verse for you, Gary. All right, we aw Philippian Chapter two, Verse thirteen, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. A man, don't you love that?
Speaker 12: Gary?
Speaker 1: You know what I always I do, and this is what I always This is what many people struggle with, and I guess we all struggle with the being godly and holy since we're humans and we're born of sin. But this is the thing. People think that the good deeds come you doing the good works come first, and then God accepts you and Jesus forgives you, when it's actually the other way around. God has God forgives you because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and as you feed into that, then the good works just naturally come. You don't have to try. It's it's effortless to do good and to do the work of God once you become a full, full born believer and give everything up in this world. And that's the thing. But you know what I mean, People think that you go without sin and everything's okay. No, you're always going to be a sinner and God forgives you and then you follow Jesus and that's when the good works will just come naturally.
Speaker 29: Right, hey, man, girl, And don't get caught up in the nine thing of thinking that you're doing that good is gone within you.
Speaker 19: Yeah, because it's so easy to get up in that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's not me. It's if anything good happens in my life, it's because of God. It's not because of me. Believed me. Because I know the terrible things I'm capable of.
Speaker 19: We all do, just not wanting about them publicly exactly.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I wanted to take this time out to thank my friend Mike Davis, who I complained about not having a Bible that was easy to read because the one is in small print that my eyes don't don't manage, and the others King James and I just have trouble with all the these and thous and everything. So he, my friend Mike Davis, bought me a Bible and hopefully I will get that today, a new one that's easy to read.
Speaker 19: In that nice way, because the Order one was hard for me to read as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not without some extra cheater peepers. All right, Rick Green, have a wonderful weekend. Brother, God bless you left day. All right. It's eight nineteen at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: This morning at nine Mike Allen rants raves and then calms down with a virgin limericky on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 30: Marty burnam in here for try State Men's Health, the leader in men's sexual health for treating a rectile dysfunction and low testosterone issues. And they're the leader for a reason because I can tell you from my own experience of being treated there. Try State Men's Health is top shelf. Far too many men wait to get their ED treated, but I want to tell you today that you shouldn't wait any longer. If you're suffering with ED and are like most guys, a medical team at Tri State Men's Health will get you back on track fast. They have the experience, they have the treatment protocols, and they know what they're doing. At try Satemen's Health, they have ED treatments that are effective and well over ninety percent of men. They can even combine treatments for better results. You might even find yourself performing like you have it in years. So make an appointment today. Your initial visit is just ninety nine dollars and includes blood, a medical consolet, and have medically advised a test dose. And if that test DOS doesn't work in the office, your visitors free call eight hundred nine hundred nine sixty five four go to Tri statemenshealth dot com.
Speaker 1: They have six offices in the Tri state area to serve you. Cash Back is not available on Gaston, New Jersey in Wisconsin. Billy, your gaslights on, We need to stop and fill up. No way, Jen gas around.
Speaker 24: Here's two space and you only warm to the mid to upper seventies this afternoon. With sunny skies. You're back down to the fifties tonight, topping out only around eighty tomorrow afternoon. Firm s of your weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven one hundredth WLW. Sport Austin, Elmore In this morning, and let's talk some baseball Austen.
Speaker 9: Last night, Gary Jeff, the Reds in Milwaukee did what the Reds do, which is lose to the Milwaukee Bowers. Cincinnati is now fifty six and sixty on the season. They are playing a three game set this weekend. Game two tonight, first pitch seven ten are pre game cover. It gets underway with the inside pitch at six ' ten. It'll be Nick Martinez getting the ball for Cincinnati. He has a three point four to three ERA and thirty two appearances this season. He'll be going up against Milwaukee right hander Tobias Myers, who I know you're a big fan of. He enters Tonight's game with a three point zero two ERA in sixteen starts.
Speaker 1: I love Tobias Myers in the Miners. Actually, oh really yeah? Okay, interesting? I remember I followed his career up until you know, he started playing for the Brewers, and now he hated him? Right, yeah. Well.
Speaker 9: In soccer action last night, League's Cup Round of thirty two, FC Cincinnati avoids elimination. They win in penalty kicks over Santos Laguna. I know another team you're a big fan of. Luciano Acosta made his return, as did Miles Robinson coming back from the Olympics, DeAndre Yedlin coming back from injury. FC advances to the round of sixteen and tonight at Paik Stadium the Jungle down by the River, Cincinnati Bengals football returns preseason game number one for the Bengals. They play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Kickoff is at seven pm. Joe Burrow and the Bengals started starters are expected to get a little bit of time and action.
Speaker 1: In this game tonight.
Speaker 9: You can hear it on ESPN fifteen thirty and one oh two seven WEBN and finally Gary Jeffs and the last couple of whatever. It's been an hour since we last talked. China has taken the lead in gold medals in the Paris Olympics. They now have thirty four. The United States has thirty three, but fear not total medal count. The United States is blowing everybody out of the water one hundred and thirteen to China's eighty four. What do you assess greater value to the total medal count or the total gold medal count?
Speaker 1: I can answer this way, USA, USA, USA, USA, Fight, Fight, Fight. Happy birthday to drummer John Ferris from the band in Excess. He has joined the sixty three club. Well welcome, John Ferris. We got what you need on the Saturday morning edition. Gifts from Walley coming up and a visit with Mowagger before we're done at nine seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 29: Job.
Speaker 1: Well you've got uh huh.
Speaker 7: Sarah Spain with Iheartwomen's Sports presented by Capital One. The US four by one hundred meter relay team featuring Gabby Thomas, Shaker Richardson, Melissa Jefferson, and twenty shit Terry cruise to gold running a season best forty one seventy eight on Friday. Finals in women's jablin one hundred meters hurdles and the four x four hundred meter relay are this afternoon as the US looks to continue stacking up medals on the track. For more women's sports stories, subscribe A Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: With no fees or minimums and no overdraft fees. Banking with capital one is the easiest decision in the.
Speaker 23: History of decision.
Speaker 24: In the mid to upper seventies, zemptures tonight back down to the upper fifties close to eighty for your afternoon high tomorrow formas of your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Sunday in sixty two at eight thirty five, Our next update at nine o'clock. I'm Sandy Collins on news Radio seven hundred WLWAS.
Speaker 8: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Keith. Time for gifts from Wally a good walk spoiled off the seventh tee, Joe sliced his t shot deep into a wooded ravine. He took his eight iron out of his bag and clambered down the embankment in search of his lost ball. After many long minutes of hacking at the underbrush, he spotted something glistening in the leaves below. As he came closer, he discovered that that gleam was an eight iron in the clutched hands of a skeleton. He immediately called out to his friend Jackie was playing with Jack. I got trouble down here, jack says, what's the matter? He said, bring me my wedge. You obviously can't get out of here with an eight iron.
Speaker 8: Seven hundred l and iHeart Radio Station, the exclusive audio home of NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 1: Hey, neighbor, Oh my gosh, is your energy bill sky high again?
Speaker 11: Too?
Speaker 1: Not anymore? To figure out what I'm watching here at the Olympics continue and gay prairie And I'm watching women climb trying to climb a wall, different shaped little hangars on pieces. Whenever I have a question about sports, especially things I don't understand. I try to look to the experts. I don't try and just make up something and blurt it out, especially on the air. So I have Moegger here and maybe he's seen this this activity before. It can tell me exactly what it is. But they keep falling off. Hello, mo how are you?
Speaker 20: Hey?
Speaker 29: Mo?
Speaker 33: Hey?
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, I missed the joke at eight thirty second. Geez, I think, and I don't know for sure. Are you watching? Is it rock climbing?
Speaker 1: I guess it's rock climbing, but they're they're not they're not real rocks. They're they're rocks embedded in this this wall, and they're at different places. It's not the well, it's not the speed climbing. The speed climbing was cool. I mean, I'm like, I'm like watching Spider Man or Spider Women, you know, go up those walls, you know, with rapid speed. That was cool to watch. This is just kind of this is kind of tedious, this rock climbing thing. They're swinging, she's swinging and she's trying to make it to the next one and grab, and she keeps on falling down. She's not very good.
Speaker 11: Sounds kind of entertaining. Actually it actually is.
Speaker 1: But no one's gotten hurt. No, no climber has been harmed so far in this sport so far.
Speaker 11: Well, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Perhaps the competition is still outside of the you know, the last minute COVID infection amongst the the men's and women's runners and Noah Llyle specifically, do you think that the men's and women's track team, as far as the runners, just kind of ran out of ass after all of these amazing performances earlier in the Games, because the end of this week have not been as celebratory as what we saw earlier in the Games.
Speaker 11: No, yeah, you're right, And you know, I guess highlighted by the failure to pass the baton and the four by one hundred men's side. The four by one hundred women's race was awesome, but the four buyer for the US least, it's the four by one hundred men. We screwed up the botton exchange, which I guess has become a recurring issue, causing perhaps the most celebrated men's track and field athlete of all time, Carl Lewis, to go off on the entire system. But yeah, it does feel like certainly relative to how the week started that all the air kind of came out of the balloon late. But but the track and field competition was highlighted by Annette Etxenawoke from the University of Cincinnati winning the United States first stever metal in the hammer throw. She want a sober medal, so a bright spot for the United States or bright spots for the Bearcats.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm watching the hammer throw competition. I wouldn't use those hammers to put anything together. They don't seem like they're a use for hammers. I mean, I can't see you doing construction with that hammer or any unless it's the demo. You know, maybe maybe that would would help. And I love the discus, I mean there's but here's the thing about frisbee. I really don't like It's different. I understand, but I really don't like to watch frisbees unless there are dogs involved.
Speaker 11: Well that's a very good point, right.
Speaker 1: If you got dogs in a little bout frisbee, then it's it's really fun to watch. But the others it's just kind of.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 11: My my second favorite all time Bengals halftime show frisbee dogs. My first favorite all time Bengals halftime show, monkey riding a dog, hurting sheep. Nothing's ever gonna top that.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that.
Speaker 11: Oh, I could tell you where I was, what the game was, who I was with.
Speaker 1: It's like the nine to eleven for you. You can tell me exactly what the situation was when it happened.
Speaker 11: Bengals Vikings twenty thirteen. They clinched the AFC North destroyed Minnesota. I'm standing in the south end zone getting a halftime beer with my friend TJ. And he says to me, are we watching monkeys riding dogs? And I looked at him and I said, hurting sheep. And then they brought it back for a Thursday night game the following year, and my friend that I was at that game was said to me, I have never seen you as happy as you are right now. I don't know if that could ever be an Olympic competition, but if it was, I would watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was talking with somebody at the bar who's, you know, more like my age, not quite as me, but I said yesterday, I said I want the Dad Bod Olympics because you know, I'm watching all these people with their washboard stomachs and you know, with exception of one of the women who was a hammer throw person, and uh and some water polo ladies, but they're kind of broad shouldered, to say the least. But anyway, that's I guess the nature of the sport. But there ought to be a dad Bod Olympics. And if there were, would you participate in something called the dad Bod the dad Bod Olympics?
Speaker 27: Mo?
Speaker 11: Uh, yeah, it's every weekend when I play golf.
Speaker 1: By the way, the joke, the gift from Wally was a was a golf joke. That's why I thought you'd enjoy it. And I just told it. All right, all right, here we go here here, here's the thing. I'll tell it to you now. All right, So for you who are already heard the joke, sorry, I'm going to repeat it for Mo, since I already warned him that it was going to happen and he didn't tune in anyway, all right.
Speaker 11: So well as I had duty, he's got in a way, I got to know.
Speaker 1: That's a cool take care of Crossley, all right, So guys, on the seventh tee, he slices his T shirt off into a heavily wooded ravine. So he goes after his ball. He's got his eight iron in his hand to go search for the ball, and he's scrambling through the underbrush and he sees something glistening underneath the leaves. Turns out it's an eight iron clutched in the hand of a skeleton. And he calls to his friend Jack, who's playing with him, and said, Jack, we got trouble down here. He said, what's the matter? He said, bring me my wedge. You obviously can't get out of here with an eight iron.
Speaker 11: Well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there you go. The Reds last night losing in Milwaukee, a team absolutely have to win a few games against if they entertain any thoughts at all about a wild card spot or playing beyond this season. And once again, the Brewers are the Brewers and the Reds are the Reds. I mean, you can't get a zebra to change stripes, right, Is that basically your assessment?
Speaker 11: Yeah? I mean I said yesterday the Reds are gonna get a good, up close look this weekend at what they need to be because you know, all season along, one of the backstories of a year for the reg has been the injuries, right, And it's undeniable. It's had an impact on the season. This team would be better if they had Matt McLean, and they would be better if they had maybe not had TJ. Friedel go in the injury list multiple times, and that they perhaps be better if Christian and Carnassio Strand were healthy. Right, like, we understand it, but the Milwaukee Brewers pitching staff this season has been decimated. And you know, they've traded away Corbin Burns this offseason, Cy Young Award winner, which I didn't understand. But they've lost Brandon Woodrow, if they've lost Weed, They've used fifteen different starting pitchers this year, they've lost their closer, and yet they have a comfortable lead, a very comfortable lead in the National League Central. And so to me, you know, there's an illustration of a team that is built to withstand injury and attrition, and the Reds this year were not. And you might make excuses for that, but until they are, then this franchise is ceiling, is going to be really really limited. The Brewers change managers and not by their own doing this offseason, and yet you could say what you want about the National League Central relative to some of the other divisions that's obviously weak. They're running away with the division in spite of all the injury, in spite of all the attrition. That's the sort of franchise the Reds need to have. It's the sort of franchise the Reds aren't.
Speaker 1: Do you think that if it hasn't happened already with kids going back to school, that we'll see a lot of seven and eight year old boys with blonde buzz cuts.
Speaker 11: I think you're gonna see a lot of twenty seven or twenty eight year old men was blonde bus cuts? Right, they'll just sell it the brow.
Speaker 1: There's there's no excuse for that. If you if you're seven or eight, okay, if you're if you're twenty eight years old, and you have that kind of emulation going on, you're you're a little bit uh yeah, I think you're a little bit beyond the pale. But that's me.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, when when when Joe, when they when when the Bengals were, you know, streaking towards the Super Bowl three years ago, if Joe broke out those expensive sunglasses, suddenly like every dude was buying the chet knockoffs, Which fine, whatever, whatever people want to wear. I don't care to each their own, but uh yeah, if if, if you're going to buy the sunglasses, are you really going to be are you really going to stop at that? Like you know, last year during training camp he wore the headband and then suddenly on NFL shop dot Com that Bengals headband was sold out. So there's a a a section of the fan base that whatever Joe like, if he were to go get a specific type of tattoo, those people would go get that exact same tattoo. You and I both know that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I expect this kind of behavior out of some grown women, but the grown men should not act like swifties.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, Oh many do I know?
Speaker 10: Many?
Speaker 20: Many?
Speaker 29: Many do.
Speaker 1: Grown men acting like swifties. What do you expect to see tonight? In the first series? The Bucks are not playing any of their starters, the Bengals are and for the first quarter at least, what do you want to see out of Joe Burrow and the Bengals offense and the Bengals defense.
Speaker 11: Well, I think from an offensive perspective, just something crisp, just something that doesn't look clunky.
Speaker 29: I think.
Speaker 11: Then my guy Tony Pike has talked a lot about this. That really one of the more interesting things about the way the Bengals played toward the end of the season last year was they put Jake Browning under center. They ran the ball more effectively. And that's not a way the Bengals have played offense with Joe Burrow as quarterback because he prefers to be in the shotgun, and so maybe not so much tonight, but as the preseason unfold and as the season begins, I think that's something really worth paying attention to. It's something we talked about a lot last December. How do you sort of blend the way they played with Jake Browning and played often effectively with how Joe Burrow wants to play and they have put him under center a lot. So I think it's going to be interesting tonight to see if we see that look. I think more than anything though tonight, from an offensive perspective, what I'm looking for has less to do with Joe Burrow and more of the offensive line. A Marius Mint, the first round pick, has become the talk of training camp. I'm really excited to see if he can take what he's done in practice and apply it to a game and really take a step toward winning the right tackle job. And then look last season, for whatever injury issues want to talk about, the Bengals enjoyed remarkable health on the offensive line. All five starters played all seventeen games. Their depth wasn't tested, which means the offensive line depth this year is very unproven. You're going to see those players tonight, You're going to see those players a lot over the course of the next two weeks. Do the Bengals have the sort of offensive line depth they're going to need this year? Because I could promise you I'd make a wager on this. The Bengals are going to have an injury on the offensive line this season. When they do, is somebody ready to answer the bell? I think offensively, those are the things I'm looking for. But look, the big story for this team, I think, above and beyond anything we talk about offensively, they were atrocious on defense last year. And I've always felt like the hallmark of really good Luanna Rumo coach defenses is they're never at a position, there are never assignment errors, you never see guys trying to do too much. Those things kind of went up and smoke last year. They've obviously overhauled the secondary, They've made some additions on the defensive line. They're probably not going to do anything too exotic on defense, but do you see a unit that's a little bit more buttoned up than what we saw year ago? Because that defense a year ago dead last in the NFL against explosive plays, not very good against the run, didn't have a consistent pass rush. Those things have to get better. Do we see the building blocks of a defense tonight that can make traumatic improvement from last year?
Speaker 1: There you go, no more nine and seven guys. We have higher aspirations for this team. Mo Eggar, Thank you as always. Go take care of your take care of your daughter.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't know what's going on in the other room, but I.
Speaker 12: Can figure it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, take care counselor how are you? I'm good man. How about you go ahead talk to me about Saturday midday. Well, I'll tell you what lots going on.
Speaker 40: We're going to talk about Tim Walls and how unlike the mainstream media gave the welcome to JD Evans talk about the cakewalk he's getting with his incredible radical record.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's more like.
Speaker 9: Tampon Ti tampon Tim, Hey, you know, as a Marino so farther than that, I mean freaking tampon machines in fourth grade boys bathroom, as as a as a master's sergeant or whatever he claimed to have been in the military. Do you think that they had tampons for the troops there or maybe they didn't And that's why he that's.
Speaker 1: Why he, you know, walked away from his men. Yeah, in combat, he says, stolen valor, Tim, stolen valor, tampon. I can't figure one heart beat away from the president. She wouldn't have picked Josh Shapiro because he's Jewish. Oh no, do you think so?
Speaker 40: Who's on the program. Gonna talk to Janis Heiseel. He's the Trump reporter for the Epoch Times. We're going to talk to her about what's going up on that campaign, and we're going to talk to Yiddi at eleven thirty about the reds fading hopes.
Speaker 1: All right, one more time here before we get out of here. Austin Elmore, you there still there, Austin, I'm here. Yeah. I want to say thank you very much. It was it was great to have you back in for a Saturday morning, and if you get a chance to talk to Liam, tell him exactly what he's expected to do from now on. Okay, all right, I will. I appreciate it, all right, thank you. Have a fantastic day. The after the show show at Huddles Cafe. If you want to come on, it's going to be a beautiful day. I wouldn't blame you if you don't want to sit inside a bar, but the beer is cold, the TV's are live and we can have a good time. Eight fifty five seven hundred WLW one eight hundred God Chok recite