Speaker 1: It's nice eye yelling Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in everybody. We are at the twentieth hour of the week here on Nightside. And for those of you, and by the way, I hope Davies listening, Davy. I meant that if you know you're getting back to Boston anytime soon, give me a call. And you know, I remember you as a as a as a regular caller from Mississippi, and then when you moved to Illinois, you always brought your a game. You're a very upbeat, positive guy. I love to buy your beer next time you get to Boston or Rob gave you my number. If you give me, give me a call, and I'll try to try to do whatever we can to to say hello. That's for sure. We're friendly people up here in Newland. We don't have that reputation. We have the reputation of being kind of dour and not particularly the warmest people in the world. I think just the opposite. To be really honest with you, now, we're gonna get positive here. Okay. I'm gonna have to drag maybe a lot of you into this positivity because it has been a tough week. Okay, it's a tough weeks. We're still dealing with the the on and off winter weather. I mean, it's spring. Spring. Spring sprung on March twenty first. That's two weeks ago at this point. So when you think about it, we're every every season gets thirteen weeks. So if you want to get really depressed, two weeks of spring have already gone. So we have two of the thirteen weeks gone. We only have eleven weeks of spring left. Yeah. No, I'm gonna make I'm gonna help. I'm gonna try and with your help, make it positive. We do a program on Facebook every day every afternoon and every night right after the show in the afternoon. It's either myself or producer Marita, who is doing the podcast if you will, the live shot whatever you want to call it. On Facebook. We have a web page called Nightside with Dan Ray. You've got a couple of other web pages, but that's the one that either Marita or I will be with you at four thirty in the afternoon tell you them what's coming up on the show. It's always four thirty. Sometimes it's four thirty one, sometimes it's four twenty nine. Sometimes it's four thirty two. But we get there okay, and we have a good conversation, and I do a show right after the show. We call it Nightside Postgame, Okay, same way, it's on Nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook. And I go over the show with you, and I tell you what I think of the show, and if I think it's like a great show, I'll tell you that. If I think it's like a not so great show, I'll tell you that too. And we have a loyal group of people who join us, some in the afternoon, some at night, some both in the afternoon and at night. And one of the folks this week told us that he had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer around Christmas time, and he told us that he was pronounced clear of the cancer this week. Well, I gotta tell you that was the best news I heard for anyone all week. And I hope, I hope that some of you have had some good news this week. I had a great piece of news today. My daughter in law sent me pictures of our grandson Benjamin, who spent had his first picture day. I get maybe his second picture day. He's not even threes two and three quarters. I'm a grandfather and Marita, our producer, is a mom. She has a little girl named Stella, who I saw a picture of Stella today wearing her Red Sox uniform with her name on the back, cute as a button. So those are the sort of things that were positive for me this week, and I hope you've had some positive experiences as well. So what I'm going to do is I'm just going to open up the phone lines. My audience. Never disappoints me, okay, and don't disappoint me tonight, because this is an important hour for us. It's the last one until we see you again on Monday Night. But I did want to briefly, briefly hit some of the highlights of a week that didn't have a lot of highlights. Okay. We talked earlier in the week about the Karen Reid trial, the jury selection starting. We talked about sort of a dystopian view on Monday night at ate about a jobless society where the robots would take over. I don't believe that. We talked about an invasive species called green crabs with a woman that is turning green crabs into a broth that she says would be quite tasty, and all of that, We talked again about the jury selection. We did two and a half hours on social security, try to calm people's fears and apprehensions about social Security. Social Security is not going away, okay, but that's okay. We then talked about the arrest of some of the students who are visa holders, and I think, frankly, that's an overreaction and it's a hymn handed reaction by the Trump administration. If you go to arrest a student and revoke their visa, tell me why, don't tell me that they wrote an op ed piece in some college newspaper. The guy at Columbia, that's a different story. He was a real active participant in some of that disruption at Columbia last spring where students were harassed and physically balked from attending classes. On Tuesday night, we talked about Autism Awareness Month with Joanne Simmons of Northeast ARC. We talked about We talked with Eric Glass, the owner of a new rum company here in Massachusetts, Rumson's Run. We talked about a trend amongst young people that they are going to the bank of mom and dad. A lot of young people are borrowing money pretty heavily from parents, just for the for the everyday needs, the food and rent and things like that. And then we talked with a psychologist about white people seem to be so unhappy with a great hour with Jim Roosevelt on Social Security. Jim is the grandson of Franklin Dell and Roosevelt, of course, who signed the Social Security Law into effect in nineteen thirty five. And that will be, by the way, if you miss that, that will be our best of Nightside this Sunday night at eleven o'clock. And of course you can always go back and listen to any hours of Nightside you missed by going to Knightside, by simply going to Nightside and demand it anytime during the week. It's available at that website, as of course you would expect it to be every day. Twenty four to seven. We then talked about the death penalty and its application of potentially with Luigi Menngioni that has been requested by the Attorney General Pam Bonding, and we spent a couple of hours on that. On Wednesday night, we talked about alcohol awareness. We talked about the fifty greatest athletes in Boston history. Unfortunately, the author did not include Louis t ont In, that which I disagree immensely, very quick a lot. Talked with the former owner and general manager of a minor league hockey team which paved the way for the NHL expansion team, the Columbus Blue Jackets. Talked about spring allergy season. We talked with Larry Edelman of the Boston Globe about the Trump tarriffs. This was on Wednesday night. Okay, it was too late to sell because of that point that the futures were not looking good, and we talked for two hours about the reaction to tariffs. Last night, we talked about students here in Massachusetts becoming more savvy financially. We talked about this little library up in Vermont that straddles the border between the US and Canada. Interesting conversation. Talked with Colin Young of the State House News Service, how a sung a song became the official Massachusetts state poem. Didn't even know we had one. And talked with Jeff Herman of Home Gnome about neighbors and their pet peeves with fellow neighbors. We spent an hour with Josh Kraft last night, candidate for mayor in Boston. We talked with Professor Greg Staller of Boston University at the Quenstrum School of Business. We had a great hour really explaining tariffs, and Greg tells me today that he had more response to that our people who listened to it and who have asked to go back and listen to it if you really want to get an understanding of what how tariffs work. The word is thrown around, but a lot of people don't understand it. Go to the ten o'clock hour on Thursday night and then we'd had a reaction hour last night of people talking about tariffs and lad Tonight we talked about We talked with John Decker, who's an iHeart correspondent signed to the White House, but he's a big hockey and he was at the game where Ovechkin scored two goals to tie tie the all time goal scoring NHL goal scoring record of Wayne Gretzky. Talked about children's services in Roxbury and a talent show that's coming up next week. Talk with Dan Shaughnessy of the Red Sox opening win today. Talk with Jordan rich about Parkinson's and his group that is trying to do something to raise funds Jordan's trail. Trail Blazers go to his website, The Jordan Rich Show on Facebook and you can contribute. Talk with President Greg Wiener of Assumption University, who wrote a really interesting piece in the New York Times, really interesting piece. Talk with him for an hour and then last hour we talked about the stock market having a bad day, a bad couple of days, and even a worse day today than it had yesterday. So that has been the week. I'm going to take a very quick pause. It's not a long break. The only lines that are available right now are six point seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I challenge you. I challenge each and every one in my night side audience right now. I know it doesn't seem like a very uplifting moment in the We're out of March, we're in April. The Red Sox won today. There are some good things going on. I want to know something good that happened to you this week, and let's let's end the week on a positive note. The only lines open six one, seven, nine thirty. It's up to you to carry the ball and light these phones up between now and midnight, and I'll talk to you and I'll tell you exactly what I thought of my show tonight when you join us on night Side with Dan Ray on Facebook tonight about two minutes after midnight, back on night Side, I got some positive vibes. I hope you do too. We're coming back on night side.
Speaker 1: If you're on night Side with Dan Ray on wz Boston's news radio, all right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get right to the phones and want to hear some positive vibe. It's as simple as that. Okay. I don't care how much money you lost in the stock market this week. I believe it'll come back and let's get the positive vibes going. I'm gonna go first off to Linda in Weymouth. Linda, you got to give me something positive to get us going here, go right.
Speaker 3: Ahead, good evening. I first off, I received some news. It wasn't some good news, but.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear I don't want to hear any bad news. I just want to hear good.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about that part of it, but it gives me some basis for resolving some back issues. So go forward. I was initial initially calling to because I remember around this time of season, the season of time Passover and Easter Easter Resurrection Day. A sermon that I've heard of you number of years back. It comes to me each periodically, even through the years. I believe it might have been done by Tony Evans.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure who Tony Evans is, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: He from the South felled and it goes a very short one. It goes, it's Friday. It has to do with the Passover meal, the Lord Supper. We call it the Lord Supper. And he goes, it's Friday, Sunday to come in. It's Friday, and Sunday to come. It's Friday and Sundays the coming.
Speaker 2: Thank God, it is Friday, TG, I have Friday. Thanks Linda, I appreciate you call. That was a good one. Let's go to George. George, you're next, You're next on Night Side.
Speaker 4: Hey, how you doing, Dan? I had a real good day today. I don't really care about the soft market, but took my dog to the doctor nine years old. I'm worried that you know that, sure he might have problems, and and he really has some real good results. A nine year old Cockerpool. I mean, I can't believe the unconditional love that my dog, and probably all dogs give. Out of eight billion people in this world, I think I don't think there's a human being capable of unconditional love, but I know a dog is. I know you Childie was no question. I just love it. This is my buddy.
Speaker 2: I was talking to my daughter tonight in San Francisco and she adopted a shelter dog a couple of years ago, will be two years this summer Mustard and just a great dog, you know, who had had a prior owner who was in a position that she had to give up the dog. And my daughter somehow was able to work it out that she got this dog. And this guy is unbelievable. He is just he's a great He's a great dog, simple as that, and I hope that everybody. And my daughter tonight asked me. She said, Dad, the shelters are full of dogs. People don't realize they And you know, you don't have to go and buy a dog to a breeder. You can you can take advantage of there. We did something with I think it was the Animal Rescue League a few weeks ago, or it might have been the MSP SO I forget which in which they were. They were they were not charging people for everything. For the shelter dogs. People, if you want to smile, go to any of the sheltered dog sites on your computer and just look at some of these dogs. Even if you're not going to go down and adopt one of them, just realize that they're there. They are going to provide absolute, total love to a human being. In many cases, people who have never experienced really totally complete love. They never second gets you nothing. They just want to be your brow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm serious, it's unconditional.
Speaker 5: You love.
Speaker 4: You can yell at your dog in the morning because you made a mistake on the floor, and at five o'clock when you come home, he's a wagger his tail. I mean all but people that might might be lonely, they should all on the dog. I'm not a cat person, but maybe they're the same. But I just have a great day with this dog. He's my you know, he's half my life.
Speaker 2: All right, George, that's a good one. Thank you much for getting us making us positive.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: You're very welcome, my man, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Sir, George. Okay, all right, gotta keep rolling here, Florence. Tell us something positive. You gotta be positive tonight. Go ahead, Florence. If Florence isn't, they were gonna move on. If Florence is not listened by the phone, we'll move on. Rob Okay, did I always I got I missed it. I go here you go, Florence. Rob didn't back me up on that one. I missed the button to get you on the ear. That's my fault, Florence, not yours.
Speaker 7: How are you good?
Speaker 2: And you I'm doing great. You got to turn that radio down. Let's see, let's hear something positive, Florence.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, don't I don't have the radio one.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 8: I wanted to tell you he's something funny. Wednesday I had a doctor's appointment. I had to go Liberation Day and that morning weelness of the morning, I had a mouse in my house, running back and pull it in front of my fire place in the living room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 9: Probably wasn't going to eat.
Speaker 2: He probably wasn't going to eat much. Florence.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he said to my son, I'm calling him, Nikki. I hope he leaves. And when I went.
Speaker 2: Over, I hope it was the mouse that left, not your son. I assume, right. I just want to make sure I got this way, okay, good enough.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but when I went out the door, he left.
Speaker 2: He went with you.
Speaker 10: Good, he left.
Speaker 8: I didn't take him with me.
Speaker 2: Well, he left with you, and then he went about his his business. Yeah, that's okay. That's a positive story.
Speaker 8: And I was released very happy about it. And at the doctors he had some good news.
Speaker 2: Well that's good too.
Speaker 8: So uh, that was kind of kind of a funny off day.
Speaker 2: Well, that's okay. You got rid of a mouse and you got some good news at a doctor's office, Florence.
Speaker 8: Indeed, I wanted to take a minute to tell you thank you for having do it, and on for a short while, ye to talk to all us callers. Yes, let us know directly how well he's doing. Sounds great he's feeling, and how well he's doing with his condition. That was very nice, Very good of you.
Speaker 2: To do it. Well, it's my pleasure's good of Jordan's. And again he he is, he's been amazing. I kept in touch with him during this you know, critical period of time, and he's going to be just fine. He's a he's he's a fighter. He's a fighter fighter, all right, Florence. I gotta let you run. Thank you much, good call. We'll talk soon. Okay, keep rolling here, everybody, let me go next to come on, let's get these phones at six one, seven, four, ten thirty is the only line that's open. Let's go to Lola in San Diego. Hi, Lola, how are you tonight?
Speaker 9: Hi? Hi? Dan? So I get some great news?
Speaker 2: Nah like that? Go right ahead.
Speaker 9: I cut my ticket to come come back to visit.
Speaker 2: You're coming back? All right? Are you coming back back for the brunch?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: But I'm coming back in June, the end of June. Okay, I leave July ninth.
Speaker 2: And wait, wait second, you're coming. Wait a second, You're coming back in June, but you leave July ninth. That that doesn't work.
Speaker 9: I well, I'm coming. I'm coming because I'm going to a retreat in New York, and so I'm coming in a few days early to get adjusted to the time. And then and then and so that's at Saratoga Springs, and then I'm going to come back for about ten days to water Town.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent. How's your mom doing?
Speaker 9: She's still hanging in there, dance nothing believable. Worn out. Yeah, I'm so worn out and exhausted. It's nothing has changed.
Speaker 10: So you know how stressed I was.
Speaker 9: Nothing's changed.
Speaker 2: But you know what, you just got to remember all the things your mother did for you when you were young, and yeah, she brought you off and you're a good daughter to to not only help her, but you're helping her from you know, three thousand miles away, which is not easy.
Speaker 9: Right, So I've changed my emotional attachment to it. I've got less, you know, exasperated over that's stressed.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good. That's for your mental health, all right. I know that you were out holding some picket signs the other day for I know we talked. You were holding picket signs for the Karen Reid demonstrations in San Diego.
Speaker 9: Yes, and we had a San Diego p D guy take a picture with us.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's very nice. It's always yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we told him the story and then we said would you take a picture with us? And he said, yeah, we were at the zoo so outside Diego.
Speaker 2: Oh. I love the San Diego Zoo. Let me tell you what a great place that is. We're just getting positive, that's all we're doing. We're just gonna stay positive. Hey, Lola, I gotta grab the news at the bottom of the arm. I'm gonna be in trouble.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, it's okay. I love you. I'll see you soon. And tell Ron and oh Glenn, make sure Glenn he is that I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: Oh, he'll be really excited, trust me, Lola, Okay, don't get him over excited. Thanks Lola, talk to you so. Have a great night. We gotta go here for the news. Here comes the news. No one gets in the way of the news. I got two one line at six one seven two four ten thirty and one line at six one seven nine three one ten thirty. I want we've heard from four positive people. I want your best story of the week. Something good must have happened to you this week. Let's get positive for the weekend. It's as simple as that. I don't want to end on a downer note. It's been a week that's been downer, that has been downers. I talked to you about it all week long. We talked about the death penalty for Luigi MENNGIONI. I mean, the donor is nothing. He's going to get the death penalties up. For the death penalty. The dow downor is what he did. We talked about social security. We try to assuage your apprehensions about social scurity. Social security is not going away, folks, It is not going away. Please don't be worried about that. There's enough to be worried about. The stock market. You can worry about the stock market. But I think it's going to come back. Let's get positive. You guys have never disappointed me before. I don't start now only one line six, one, seven, ninth. No one's getting a lot of time here. I want to move a lot of people through. Coming back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're trying to close out the week on a positive note. This is the twentieth hour of Nightside. There's been a lot of negativity this week. Let's get positive. Where we going next, Let's go to Richie in New York. Richie? Whereabouts in New York you're calling from?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm from North Riding, but I'm going to Newburgh. I'm on my way there. I go down there every night. I look you on the first time.
Speaker 11: Parler.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get the who We're going to get around of applause. So if you go to Newburgh every night. I assume you're driving a big rig.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do doubles, so doubles. WHOA do it for fifty years now? But anyway, come on back. In December of twenty three, I thought I had pneumonia and I went to my to my doctor and he goes, oh, no pneumonia, but you have asthma. But because I've been going for thirty years, he tested my PSA numbers and they were I worried about like twenty four. Told PSA is supposed to be under five.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I went to Just a month later they went up to thirty eight. Now back in June of twenty four, they put me on this medicine. And then all of a sudden, I said, I'm a Catholic boy, went to Catholic school. Better start going back to church again. And I went to church. I went every Sunday. I was praying to God. And on March nineteenth of last year, I actually was this year when I came out of church on a Sunday, I really thought it was really I was really talking to God. And I went and my blood work done on a Monday. I go to my doctor on a Wednesday. My PSA number is a zero point zero zero one, totally undetuctable. I has state cancer.
Speaker 2: So you you had prostates answer, and you've you've beatn this. You've beaten it without having to undergo surgery or any of the big treatments.
Speaker 5: I take a pill a day is all. I take one pill a day. And I got an injection to one stone every three months. And I had the pet Skian done, which they pupped you with radioactive stuff. You're going that donut. It was in toughs in Boston, and they said the good news and bad news. You don't have any in your bones, any in your organs, but you had it outside the prostate area, which that's what they were concerned about. Stage four. So out of this medicine. And I told my priest at church, I go and I go to Saint Adelaie's and Pobe where General Rosa used to go to it. I used to listen to her.
Speaker 2: You remember her name? Sure? Yeah, look that that Richie is great news.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's unbelievable, you know it maybe my day.
Speaker 2: Well, this this this is one that people will carry with them. Uh. I I think we gave you a round of a positive not you deserve a second round of a plausas a first from our digital studio audience. Let me tell you that is great. I told you about one of our listeners who had a diagnosis in December of pancreatic cancer.
Speaker 5: Right, that's what made me. I'm listening to you when I heard that it's not going to give him a call.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I think the deal. What's so important about this, rich is that you know, whether it's a miracle or you're just the luckiest son of a gun in the world, You've given some hope because there's other people this week who maybe got a bad diagnosis, and so you know, you have spread the good word. And I gotta tell you, I happen to believe like you do, and.
Speaker 5: To believe in the man upstairs. He's watching out over me.
Speaker 2: You know well, I'm I'm going to join you in that belief. I do the same thing when I'm in church. I say my prayers and look, you know, no one can prove to me that this is it. When we finish here and we we have the big dirt napp, that's it. And I can't prove to them that there's something better. But if I'm if I'm going to believe in anything, that's what I believe in. So simple.
Speaker 5: I'm right on the same page again. I believe there's something there for me. And we have a mutual friend and doctor Al Franky. I go to him all the time.
Speaker 2: He's a great guy, is he He's a great He's a wonderful guy. Well, Rich, do me a favor, keep in touch, call more often. You your positivitis infectious. We got another guy who's out there, you know. And I know a lot of the the road Warriors listened to Nightside, a lot of them don't call. There's a fellow friend of mine, Steve, who also uh is driving. He drives from from Maine, uh and ends up in in uh York and Erie, Pennsylvania. So he's kind of but you'll hear him as well. So you know, join us some night on after the show. We after the radio show, we do nights O with Dan Ray. We do a post game every night at uh okay at midnight. So he up on Facebook.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, thanks Dan, I Aprey, Rich, thank you the call.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: What a great call.
Speaker 2: And in a first time called sha boot. He gets a little extra time Darryl is up in New Brunswick. Second call of this week from Canada. Darryl, welcome back.
Speaker 12: How are you hey?
Speaker 5: Dan? I am actually quite happy.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: I was collecting firewood for the fire box and the gazebo. Yeah. Uh found a couple baked potatoes still on the barbecue from last night for that.
Speaker 2: Benefits and were they still okay to eat? Were they still okay to eat? Darryl?
Speaker 5: Oh, No, when you do it baked the right way, Yeah, they're they're very well. They're almost pre seasoned.
Speaker 2: Great. I have no idea what that means, Jeryl, but i'll preseason so so what you mean is my question is simple, the baked potators you found out, did you pitch them or did you eat them?
Speaker 9: Know?
Speaker 5: They're cooking right now in the garlic butter.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, you're you're you're a chef man, that's all you are. You're a goamet chef and you know stuff I don't know.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, we haven't even cooked in the bacon bits yet, right, but the benefit being yes for the good thing that happened this week? Yeah yeah, listening about the tariff issues and whatnot and calling you guys. Uh, just for you guys, letting as Americans were still buddies.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely did you hear him? We started the show tonight with we had a reporter down in the Capital Arena in Washington and we were keeping people up to date on Ovechkin. Novekin scored two goals tonight. Now I know he's not Canadian, but he does play in the National Hockey League. So I assume you know who Alex Ovechkin is, and he is tied and Wayne Gretzky's record tonight.
Speaker 5: And ironically I actually pull up next to Peter Parking in one time and Wayne Gretzky with his wife and his rolls Royceroval.
Speaker 12: And uh, it's cool because the Edmonton stuff.
Speaker 5: But it goes back to letting you guys know that we're still strong.
Speaker 2: You got it, and he's strong and was still friends and we'll never and it will never change no matter what these dumb politicians try to do to us.
Speaker 5: Okay, And if you guys ever pull up here and you smell baked potatoes, well that might be my I.
Speaker 2: Will follow they follow the scent. I will follow the scent. Hey, Darrel, I got to run. Is always great to talk with you have a great weekend, okay, wanna be positive? Absolutely, let me go next to Larry on the Cape. Larry tell us something good on the cape.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, wait till you hear this rapid fire. Thursday had my second had my second shot with doctor Frankie. My shoulders already feeling better.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent. That is doctor al Frankie of Prolo Therapy, one of our great supporters. And I think he does great work. And he also is honesty.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 2: I think he'll help you. He'll he'll he'll tell you that too. What else you got? Good?
Speaker 13: He is a character. Today I had my second appointment with a new acupuncturist who's working on my problem.
Speaker 2: Yep, which yep, good yep.
Speaker 13: Then I met a friend of mine. I rode my favorite trails in Harwich and Brewster in the punk Horn park lands.
Speaker 2: Woo. That means which was over on the cape for me?
Speaker 13: That that Oh it was sixty degrees today, sixty okay. Then I went over to Umami Pizza, the place I told you about before, and I had my Clampie pizza. Man, you'll live then, I yep. And then I ended the day. I went over the Corporation Beach on the north side and had a beautiful sunset picture. That was my day.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a great day. What was that restaurant you told me that is in Dennisport, Marsh something. It's on the marsh. What's that name of that restaurant?
Speaker 13: No, no, well the Umami Pizza is next to the marsh Side. It's on the north side. It's off of six A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Mark.
Speaker 13: It's March Side, March Side. Yeah, very nice restaurant, Mars Side.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent, excellent.
Speaker 4: Larry.
Speaker 2: I've talked to your daughter a couple of times this week, and I hope we get to make something happen for.
Speaker 13: Okay, appreciate everything you've done. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, Larry. You know that we'll talk soon. Have a good one. All right. We got to take a break. I got some more positive people calling in. I need to hear from you. Tell me something positive. We're coming back on Nightside right after the break.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna finish strong, gonna get everybody in. We're looking for something positive. That's it. That's something positive. Where we're gonna go next. Let me go to Charlie and Lynn. Charlie, you are next on nightside. Welcome Gretta head sir.
Speaker 7: Well, like an earlier call of prostate cancer, PSA's come back zero. The best part about it, this is the second time in my life I beat cancer.
Speaker 2: How long did it take? You know, our friend Richie from New York. Uh, it sounded like a miracle. What what's your story?
Speaker 7: No, I had to go through with the operation, okay, but you beat it. Everything was removed. But I beat it now and I beat cancer forty years ago. So that's two for me.
Speaker 2: I'm good, good, Yeah, that's it. Yeah. Third time is not a charm, so that's just leave it at down, that's for sure. Two's plenty, Dan, Good for you, Good for you, jolly, I'm happy for you, man, I really am. Thank you so much for thank you. That's a positive thing, and you know that gives hope to other people who maybe had a similar diagnosis this week. Thanks so much.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, Dan, you have a good one now.
Speaker 2: You two congratulations six one Okay, I got two lines, fill them up right now and I'll get you in six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine, three, one, ten thirty. Don't fail me now, people, let me go to Eileen. Hi, I Leen, welcome. Tell me something good that happen to you this week?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 10: Well, uh, today I was out in the sunshine and it just uh felt so wonderful out there. I moved to assisted living here in Cambridge last thank just just before Thanksgiving, and I, uh today the only coat in my closet was my overcoat. But I didn't need an overcoat, so I I left my uh spring jacket in Hall and I'll have to go back and get it. But it's been such a terrible cold, horrible winter. It just felt so good to be out in the sunshine.
Speaker 2: And the Red Sox won today too, so that was that they started off one and four and now they're they're back to five hundred and four and four. Eileen. I'm happy for you. Are you going back to Hall eventually or are you going to Oh?
Speaker 10: Yes, my I live right on the beach in the Hall. But I'm so I'm I'm so glad I wasn't there over the winter because I don't think I would have survived. Nobody nobody's there. They all come in the summer, so I'm also going to become a summertime person. But let me just say one other good thing was hearing hearing from Lola. I met her when she was here. We went out to all Game and winter Yes, right, and I I heard that she's got a ticket to come back here in June, and I hope I'll get to get together with her. She was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: She was a lot of fun. Well that's great. That's great, Eileen, and hopefully Lowe is hearing your voice tonight out out in San Diego. Thank you so much as always, and we'll talk soon. Thanks Eileen.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you Dan, thank thanks.
Speaker 2: Good So we've had some positive calls. I need a couple more. Let me go six one seven. Uh, you got one line at six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty and we need a couple at six one seven, nine three one, ten thirty. I'll get everybody and Joe and Lynn. Joe, let's have something positive, Joe, I.
Speaker 11: Have something positive. Well, I got a call from Dana Farber Cancer Institute today and they booked me in at the Longwood End to stay. And I had my PSA and I'm waiting for it. I hope I don't have to get radiation. But that was positive because we've been trying to get in there for a week and we had to push it. But they booked me in on the fifteenth for almost two weeks, ten days. If I do get the treatment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really that is a good thing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Dan, you can't travel back and forth to Lindsay. You know the other day we went back. It took three hours by traffic radiation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. So but here's the thing. You heard the story that Charlie from Lynn told. You heard the story.
Speaker 11: I heard part of it. I missed the first part. Can you give me the first part?
Speaker 2: If he beat it, he beat it? Okay, you got to go back and listen this weekend. I kind of repeat it for batim. But then Richie from New York, who's the long haul truck driver who beat this. So hopefully these stories will inspire you and you'll beat it too. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, someone from the church wants to help me in Boston. I'm going to go this Sunday. We're gonna pray. He's going to help me out with you know, a little bit of living in I just hope a miracle happens because I don't want to get radiation. But I'm booked in there now and.
Speaker 2: If I have, that's good. Joe. It's all positive. Thank you much, keep it keep us posted. Okay, thanks Joe, thank you. I have a great Now, let me go to Christine and Denim. I know Christine has got something that's positive. Go ahead, Christine.
Speaker 14: Yes, I got released from the hospital.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 14: I was very lucky because I said I was the a death. I could have died in my sleep. I said, if I didn't get looked at.
Speaker 2: Now, Christine, you you are a young woman as far as I'm concerned. Okay, Yeah, and you know that should not have have come, have brought you so close to death's door.
Speaker 10: How old are you?
Speaker 2: Give me how old are you?
Speaker 14: Fifty three?
Speaker 2: Fifty three?
Speaker 14: I just thought it was simple allogies because I have terrible allergies, and little did I know pneumonia, the double pneumonia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well, how do you feel tonight? How do you feel tonight?
Speaker 10: Better?
Speaker 14: I hope at the lingering cross. But I'm doing okay.
Speaker 2: You sound great, You sound great. Thanks Christine. We'll see We'll see you on the twenty seventh. We'll celebrate. Okay, definitely, all right, stay well, all right, thanks so much. All. I got one more here, gonna get Paul from Plymouth in Paul's tell us something good. Let's end the week on a positive note.
Speaker 6: Hi, Dan, I'm nice to hear all those people were the good news, and I just want to say it was a beautiful day and I could hear the spring peepers and see the daffodils out, so it's we're going into spring and that's a positive thing.
Speaker 2: Oh. Absolutely, So you're hearing the peepers down there, right, absolutely. I don't know what I know. I've heard the term hearing the peepers. What are the peepers? Are they like crickets or something?
Speaker 12: What type of I think?
Speaker 6: If the frogs coming out?
Speaker 5: Is what you know?
Speaker 6: New hacking the frogs?
Speaker 2: Oh, we've got okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well we've got three hundred and sixty five pawns here in Plymouth, one hundred and two square a mile, so we've got a pond for every day of the year.
Speaker 2: That's great. That's great. Look, Paul, thank you so much. That's a positive. I really appreciate it. And uh, we ended on a real positive hope because I used to hear the peepers when we lived in Sherborne some water as well. So yeah, that's great to hear. It is a sure sign of spring. I'm watching a couple of plants that I have in the ground, and I'm walking over with them every day, just looking at saying, come on, come on, let's let's have some let's let's grow up. Give me some leaves here. I just am dying to see, to see the first signs of spring. I've seen some of the crocuses coming up through the ground in the last few days as well. Paul, thank you so much. I appreciate your time.
Speaker 6: You bet good night.
Speaker 2: Now have a great one. Okay. So that ends the week of night side. Well, we got about a minute left, Row, what's the time here? One minute? Okay. Let me end it by telling you that we are doing a nightside brunch on April twenty seventh at the Nioli Restaurant N. E. R. L I. That's located in Westwood on Washington Street. I think it's two eighty two Washington Street. You can look it up. There's two seatings. There's an eleven seating eleven o'clock seating and a twelve thirty seating the Winnakers. The Winnaker Band will join us Bow and Bill, and I hope you will as well. Just call the restaurant, make a reservation, tell me want to be there with the Dan Ray event seating at eleven and seating at twelve thirty. I'm going to end us always. My daughter said, if you get a chance this weekend, check out a pet shelter and adopt a pet, a dog, a cat, or whatever. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's Mike pel Charlie ray Is who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are her past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Go Red Sox, Rob, Thanks Marina, Thanks, have a great weekend everyone, and let's stay positive. I'll be on night Side with Dan Ray on Facebook in just a couple of Minus nich