Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. October, which is coming up, is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. That's when you see all the football players wearing pink, so they want to bring awareness to breast cancer. So breast cancer is very common and a lot of the causes of breast cancer are not told to us, right because all we hear about is, oh, if you have breast cancer, you need surgery, you need chemo, you need radiation, you need your mammograms. It's a big business. There's a lot of money in breast cancer. Now, what the truth is is that mammograms actually don't save lives. So there's not a lot of research that shows that women who do their yearly mammograms are less likely to die from breast cancer than women who don't do mammograms. There's not a lot of research to back that up. It's a big business. So they take these mamograms every year and guess what mammograms are radiation. And if you're radiating your breast every year, over and over and over again, yeah, maybe at some point you're gonna get breast cancer from all the radiation that you're doing. Right, it's not what they tell you. They tell you the mammograms save lives. What if the radiation itself causes cancer. You're not allowed a lot of radiation in your life. It's not natural. So you get to minimize the amount of radiation you're exposed to. You know, when you're in the city, that's a lot of radiation. When you're in a Starbucks, that's a lot of radiation. When you're in some big hotel, that's a lot of radiation. When you're in an airplane, that's a lot of radiation. Right, So make sure you know you opt out on some of the voluntary radiation things. So like in the airport, get the pat down. You don't necessarily have to get your X rays or your teeth at the dentist every year. You don't necessarily have to get your mammograms every year. You don't have to do all these cat skins and petscans and ultrasounds. There's a lot of radiation, right, So what are you gonna do. Alternatively, for breast cancer, you could do thermography that's no radiation. Thermography is where it measures the heat, and if you have breast cancer, there's going to be areas where the cancer that are going to be hotter than the other areas, so it's going to light up on this thermography. So it's safe and it is pretty accurate. So if you're worried about breast cancer and you want to do a test, to thermography. But there's nothing better than palpation using your own hands. So women, every morning when you shower, just feel your breast. Feel what's normal, what type of tissue you have, how soft or thick or hard it is, and then you'll notice if there is some sort of breast cancer developing that Oh I feel this little lump. Oh this feels a little bit different. Oh this feels a little bit harder than usual. So know your breasts, feel your breast and for men, same thing with your testicles. Right, you can feel your testicles every morning to see if there's any lumps or bumps or hard things or stuff like that, so you know, use your hands. For prostate two, there's nothing better than a digital exam, So you just get your doctor say hey, can you do a prostate exam? And they'll know oh when they tap it and they feel it a is it harder than usual? Is it nice and soft? So there's ways manually to tell, hey, is their breast cancer, is their prostate, is their testicular cancer? So you can feel feel your body, know your body, see what's normal? Are there any extra skin growths? So you have to be your biggest health advocate. Nobody knows your body better than you now. A lot of things cause breast cancer that we're not told as well, such as anti persperants. So antipersperants a lot of times have aluminum, which can lead to cancer. They also clog up the sweat glands. So you keep your toxins within your body and then the cancer can develop. Right. So, and even women put their cell phone in their bra right next to their breast tissue right so you're literally radiating your breast, or you hold it in your purse next to your side, which is right on your breast. Keep your cell phones away from your breast. Don't use anti persperints. Use natural deodorance with no aluminum. You don't want anti persperence because anti persperants will actually decrease your sweats. That's literally the name anti persperant. But you want to sweat. Your sweat is your way to detox. You don't want to take medication that stops your period either. So a lot of women who suffer from period issues, whether it's bloating, cramping, pain, irritability, headaches, migraine, stuff like that, they'll take medicine or they'll do some sort of birth control IUD something like that, and it might stop their period. And the kindecologists will say, hey, that's good. I don't agree with that. Your period is your way to get rid of the bad stuff. Your sweat is a way to get rid of the bad stuff. So why are you going to take stuff that stops your period? Stops your sweat? You know, if you're have congestion, you don't want to take an anti congestion. You want to get You want to sneeze, you want to blow your nose, you want to hock that lougi. You want to get that stuff out of your system, don't keep it in. Why do we think, you know, we're smarter than God. God gives us these things for a reason. If you have a fever. Why are you taking medicine to bring your fever down. You have a fever for a reason. It's to kill off the virus or the bacteria, or the paraside or the worm or whatsever in your body that shouldn't be. So your body's smart and it heats it up to kill it off. If you're sweating, your body smart, it's getting rid of the toxins. It's cooling your body temperature so you don't overheat. Right, So the body is smart. It's smarter than any doctor you ever have. So stop trying to outsmart your body by taking all these medications to hide the symptoms. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So don't just try and hide the symptoms. That's not a cure. You want to prevent the symptoms from occurring in the first place. So we're talking about cancer. How do we prevent cancer? Well, Number one is sugar. Cancer loves sugar. You have to get rid of the sugar. And it's everywhere. It's in your bread, it's not just in your lolly pops, in your Snickers bars, it's in juice. Right. So people who juice a lot, they think that's healthy. That's a lot of sugar. Don't juice. Eat the whole foods. Don't eat all these carbs, all these noodles and bread and potatoes and rice and oatmeal and cereals and crackers and muffins and croissants and cookies and bigeles and cakes and pastries. Stay away. That is the food that cancer loves. It loves all the grains, it loves all the junk food, all right, So stay away from sugar. Stay away from all the white foods, dairy, milk, flour, right, all cheese, creamy sauces, cream cheese, sour cream, whipped cream. Stay away from butter, Stay away from bread. And I don't care if it's gluten free. You don't want to eat gluten and you don't want to eat gluten free. Those are marketing scams. So gluten is no good for you, and gluten free is no good for you. Sugar is no good for you, and sugar free is no good for you. Stay away from gluten free products. Stay away from sugar free products, right. Stay away from the dairy free products. Right. Have you ever had dairy free broccoli? No, they don't have to tell you broccoli is dairy free. If it says it's dairy free, it's probably synthetic. It's processed. There's chemicals in there, there's food dies in there. Stay away from sugar free, Stay away from gluten free, stay away from dairy free. Right, those are not healthy. Those are cams. They're stealing boxes and cans and bags. If you don't want cancer, you stay away from all the processed foods. Another big thing that causes cancer, and it's not in the processed foods. It's on our fruits and veggies. It's called glypha sate or roundup. People do that on their lawns to kill the bugs. Glyfasate causes cancer, and it's banned in all these other countries because they know it causes cancer. But in America, where it's greed and money and corruption that controls this FDA and the CDC, in the WHL, all these three letter associations, they're not government run. Their corporation run. And these corporations have incentives financially in the food industry, in the pharmaceutical industry, So when you eat this crap food and you get sick, they get rich, So they're incentivized to sell you this crappy food because number one, it's cheap, so their profit margins go up, and number two, it's toxic, which is going to make you sick. And then you're going to go to the doctor who's going to prescribe you medicine. And now the pharmaceutical industry gets even more rich. So they benefit by you being sick. You think the pharmaceutical industry wants to cure diseases, You think that's their goal. No, if they cure the disease and you're not sick, then you don't have to buy their product anymore. It's not a good financial plan for business growth. So if the pharmaceutical companies want to grow their business, they want you sick. So they don't want to promote health, right. So that's why in medical schools they don't teach you nutrition. There's literally no nutrition classes in medical school. They don't teach you about how much water to drink. They don't teach you about stress reduction, having a positive attitude, why to exercise every day, Why the sedentary lifestyle is bad, Why all these Wi fi and five G and EMFs are harmful to your health. They don't teach you that in medical school. All they teach you is how to prescribe medication and how to perform surgeries. Now, if I need a surgery and it's emergency situation, I love American doctors. We're the best for emergency situations. They will save your lives. But for chronic conditions, you don't want to listen to your medical doctor. Unfortunately they're not highly educated on the best ways to reverse chronic conditions. So for that you want to go to more holistic, natural integrative functional doctor so you can feel better, function better, and live a better life. This is doctor eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, for posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and re surgeries. To contact the doctor Kamplin, you can call his team that two are one two six one two five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot com. Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. So we're talking about cancer prevention, and we said cancer loves sugar, so stay away from sugar. It's everywhere. It's even in the sauces we use.
Speaker 2: It's in your ketchup and your barbecue sauce, and your soy sauce and all your dressings. It's not just added sugar. It's everywhere. So you have to avoid sugar, including juice, soda, teas, including lemonade, including alcohol, wine, beer. We have to stay away from sugar if you want to prevent cancer. Cancer right now is the second leading cause of death in America. First is heart disease, second is cancer, third is iatrogenic causes. It's the third leaning cause of death in America. Iatrogenic means caused by the doctor, and that's what they admit. If we actually thought about it and added the numbers of the people that died as a result of the doctor that they didn't admit, it would actually probably be number one. And they're saying, oh, has nothing to do, you know with the medicine. The medicine didn't kill them, right, So iatrogenic is actually the third leaning cause of death, but maybe it's actually number one. Something that's really climbing up is Alzheimer's disease. And I'm a brain expert, so I see lots of people that are already have Alzheimer's, they have dementia, they're losing their memory. They want to prevent Alzheimer's. It's in their family. A lot of people who got COVID just past four or five years are now getting brain fog, memory problems. Your brain needs to be rewired. It's called neuroplasticity. If you want to prevent Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's, you better start working on your brain now. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It's not about hiding symptoms. It's about improving your health. That's how you're gonna function at the highest level. That is how you're going to improve your quality of life. You don't want to be in this world sick, be in this world seeing all these doctors, taking all these metas sins, doing all these procedures and X rays and MRIs and brain scans. The healthiest people see the least amount of doctors, do the least amount of tests, take the least amount of medication, and just live off the earth like we did for thousands of years. The agricultural revolution has made our health worse. So if you don't want cancer, you're gonna be very careful about the foods you put in your body. Remember, even if you're eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, they're full of these pesticides and herbicides. So what you want to do when you go shopping is take all your fruits and veggies, put them in a big bowl, fill it up with water, put some baking soda in there, and the baking soda will help bleach out all the chemicals out of the fruit and veggies. That's one way to clean all the chemicals off your fruits and veggies. Okay, Now, what else besides food can cause cancer? Stress is the silent killer. Okay. When I was married fifteen years ago, a month after our wedding day, my wife was actually diagnosed with stage three ovarian cancer. They told her she was gonna die. It was the scariest moment of my life. And she was actually worried about me. She's like, oh, we just got married. You didn't marry someone with cancer. You married somebody's healthy. I feel so bad for you. This is not what you signed up for. And I said, wrong, this is exactly what I signed up for. We literally said in sickness and in health. In fact, I believe God brought us together so I could save your life. And the first thing I realized is that it happened when she was stressed at work. She called me up from work. Oh, this has been the most stressful day and now I have this big pain in my lower abdomen. I don't know what to do. I've never felt anything like this before, So I said, Okay, meet me at the hospital. We'll go check it out. So we went to the emergency room and New York City emergency room. I don't know if you guys have ever been there, but it is bad. We waited there six hours and nobody saw us, and at that time her pain dissipated, so we said, okay, let's just leave and we'll call your gynecologists in the morning and see what's going on. So we left. Her pain subsided, and when we went to the gynecologist, they did ultra sound they found this little cyst on her ovaries and they said, okay, we got to do a biopsy. But what they didn't tell us is that a biopsy is risky. And when they did the biopsy to check if this ovarian cyst was cancer or malignant, they popped this cyst during the biopsy, and the cyst spread everywhere, and then when the pathology report came back, they said it's cancer. It's stage three cancer. But guess what, if they never did the biopsy, it would have stayed to stage one, meaning it didn't spread because it was encapsulated on the ovary. But then once they did the biopsies, like opening up Pandora's box, now the tumor spread everywhere and they said it's stage three. It's spreading. And I was like, yes, but you guys caused it to spread. So number one, be careful of biopsies because they could spread the cancer. Sometimes it's better to let it be and work on shrinking it on your own. Okay, all right, So what happened was they found out it was cancer, and I said, wow, you know what, you're too stressed out because when you're stressed out, that makes your immune system work. So first thing we did, hey we got to quit your job. It's no good. Second thing, Hey, we got to move out of New York City it's too stressful. Third thing, Hey, let's go on vacation. Let's have some fun. Right, So quit our job, move out of the city, go on vacation, have some fun, reduce your stress levels. That was key for recovery. And they told us that she needed to do chemo immediately or she was going to die. And we decided not to do chemo. We saw six different oncologists and they all said chemo. Now, you have to deal with chemo. It's it's the only drug that doctors are legally allowed to get a kickback. They get thousands of dollars for every time that they recommend chemo therapy when they recommend other medications, whether it's you know, headache medication or antidepressings or diabetes medication, they don't get a kickback. When it's chemotherapy, they actually get paid thousands of dollars. It's the only drug where they're allowed to get a kickback. The other thing they're allowed to get bonuses for are vaccines. So if they pediatricians keep all their kids up to date with their vaccine schedules, they get bonuses as as well. So cancer doctors are incentivized to give you chemo and pediatricians are incentivized to make sure that you get all your vaccines. So there is some monetary incentives for doctors to push this thing. So it is something to be aware of when making your medical decisions. And when making a medical decision, you always measure the risk versus the reward. So what's the risk of taking this, and what's the reward of taking this, what's the risk of not taking it? What's the reward of not taking it? So with my wife, we decided not to do the chemo. We thought the risk was too high, and we did it more naturally, had her quit her job, reduced her stress, cleaned up her diet, got rid of all the chemicals in the house, got a water filter. We started getting healthier. You know, hair dyes and makeups and lotions and shampoos and soaps and cleaning and detergents. You know, there's lots of chemicals that we don't even realize, including our cookwar our plastic containers that we store things in, the water bottles. So we went really gung holl We got everything in glass and stainless steel. We got everything natural and holistic. We started exercising, praying at church. We started doing charity and helping others. Anything I knew to improve her health and well being, just drinking water, breathing, meditating, and we did a very holistic approach. And years later, probably seven or eight years later, when we did a follow up visit, the cancer was gone. It all naturally with no radiation, no chemo therapy, no medication, and she has no more cancer. And we don't say it's in remission. We don't even say the word cancer. We say she's healthy. Her immune system is strong, and she's functioning banner, she's feeling better, and she's living a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplin, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplin and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now we're talking about cancer. It's actually growing a lot, especially these past few years. They have what's called these turbo cancers that are coming out of nowhere. A lot of people are getting cancer, a lot of people are getting heart attacks out of nowhere can how many people this year alone have just died suddenly from heart attacks. It's pretty crazy. There are a lot of theories on why this is happening, but the key is we got to really prevent heart attacks from the curring. We got to get our heart healthy, and it starts from not having a sedentary lifestyle. It's called the twenty rule. You never want to sit for more than twenty minutes. That's the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, you walk twenty feet and you look twenty feet away, move your body, use your eyes. Stop staring at the screens all day long. Stop sitting all day long. Sitting is the new smoking, right, What do people do? They wake up, they sit at the breakfast table. Then they sit in the car on the way to work, or they sit on the bus or the train commuting. Then they sit at the computer at work all day. Then they sit at lunch, Then they go back to work and sit more at the computer. Then they come home, sit at the dinner table, then they go sit on the couch, then they go to bed, and everything's sitting. Even on the weekend, they're gonna go sit at the restaurant. They're gonna sit at the movie theater. They're gonna sit at the baseball game. They're gonna sit at the bar. They're gonna sit at the play. They're gonna sit at the opera. They're gonna sit. You know, every event is sitting. Start choosing stuff where you're not sitting, right. I like to play a lot of sports. I play tennis and soccer and basketball. I go to Orange Theory and we go hiking and biking, and we were taking the dog for walks and so we're always moving. I don't have cable. I don't watch sports. I don't go to the movies. I don't watch TV, and I watch the oscars. I don't watch the zombie shows and the Special Victims Unit and the police shows and the you know, the army shows. And I don't watch the news. No TV. The news is the worst thing for your health and well being. It's not the news. You know, if there's a hundred things going on in the world, they're gonna port the one bad thing that's the news. They're gonna port the one bad thing out of the hundred things that are going on in the world. They're not gonna tell you the ninety nine good things that are happening, they're gonna tell you the one bad thing. They want you in beer. They want to get your anxiety going. They want you to worry. They want you to think that you need to know what's on the TV. Anyone who watches the news is not informed. You're informed about the one bad percent that's going on in the world. You're not informed. You're not educated. If you want to know what's going on in the world, you have to turn off the news. You have to unplug. You actually have to speak to people that know first hand. Do not trust the news, do not trust the newspaper, do not trust social media. And everyone's talking at this disinformation and the people that tell you about the disinformation are the ones that are giving it now. You guys, remember with COVID, anyone who said that the vaccine doesn't work one hundred percent, that was misinformation until they realized it wasn't one hundred percent. Anyone who said that you can't get the COVID if you're wearing a mask, that was considered disinformation. But what do we find out you could still get COVID while wearing a mask. They told us anyone who said that the six feet social distancing wasn't true. That was called disinformation. But what happened is they even admitted that the six feet came from nowhere. Actually that was completely made up. There was nothing to back that up. Right, So all the people that are complaining about the disinformation were the ones that giving it, including our own presidents. Right. Trump said, oh, this is going to be over by April. Right, that was disinformation. He said, Oh, we're going to do Operation Warp Speed and make the safe and effective vaccine. That was disinformation. And then Biden came in and said, oh, if you get the vaccine, that's where the virus stops. If you get the vaccine, you can't get COVID. That was disinformation. And he said, oh, if you get the vaccine, you can't spread it. That was disinformation. And both presidents, both Democrats and Republicans, are all ling to you. They're all the same people. It's the same people that run both sides. It's an illusion of choice, right. The Democrats and the Republicans are both corrupt. Right, they are on both sides because they're run by corporations. It's not people. They're run by the pharmaceuticals, by the oil industries, by the military industrial complex. Guess what, when there's wars like in Ukraine and Israel, it's funded by the same sides. The people who are making all these weapons are the ones that are getting rich. So they get rich off of war, right, So they want you to be mad. They want you to be angry. They want wars because they get rich. They want you to be sick because they get rich. They want pandemics. You get rich, they get rich. They want an energy crisis, they get rich, right, So when there's an energy crisis, all these oil companies and you know, electrical companies, they get rich when there's a pandemic. The pharmaceutical companies get rich when there's a war. The military industrial complex gets rich. They're all incentivized for energy crisis, for pandemics, for wars. They love it all right, So just keep that in mind when you're watching the news and what type of incentives are going on here. Now, if we want to prevent heart disease, we cannot have that stentary lifestyle, so we have to do the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, walk twenty feet and look twenty feet away. And you also have to exercise. Find something that you like, whether it's a certain dance class, or it's zoomba or you know, bar or orange theory or cross fit or some sort of class. I don't care if it's yoga, pilates, tight chi. Just get off your butt and start moving. Do something fun, take up biking or hiking, or something that's gonna get your body moving. You use it or you lose it. Right, it's not about taking high blood pressure medication. It's about getting your heart more efficient, so you don't need medication, you don't need doctors. Don't wait till you get a heart attack to start taking action. You have to prevent the heart attack from occurring in the first place. So you can't have that sedentary lifestyle. You have to exercise. You gotta eat healthy. Stay away from all those seed oils. Most oils cause heart disease, sapflower oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, soybean oil, canola oil. They're all toxic. There's only three oils that are acceptable. If you want to cook, you cook with avocado oil. If you want to eat, you eat olive oil or coconut oil. So you cook with avocado oil, and then you can eat olive oil or coconut oil, and you can also cook with coconut oil. Coconut oil, and the avocado oil can handle high heat. The olive oil cannot handle high heat. It becomes carcinogenic. So if you don't want cancer, don't cook with olive oil. If you out to a restaurant, you know they're not using avocado oil too expenser, So when you eat out, just be aware they're not using the healthiest oils. All right, Other things that are important for heart disease to avoid besides the oils, the seed oils which are really bad, are all the fried foods, right, you know, fried chicken, all the fried fish, the French fries. Right day away from fried food, the best way to cook is to steam, not to boil, because boiling takes out some of the nutrients. You just steam, and you could just you just get like a little strainer, put it over a boiling pot, and then you put your broccoli or your cauliflow or your Brussels sprouts, whatever it is you're trying to cook, you put it and you steam it. And then you could put some olive oil on there. Put some you know, some pink and leion salt or some pepper for some flavor. Okay, So we want to make sure. Actually, if you have high blood pressure, you don't want to add salt, all right. If you have low blood pressure, you want to add salt, and it's also good to add salt into your water. Celtic salt is very good. It's got about eighty six minerals if you get the pink amelane. So you just got to look at your source. Some of them have been found to have heavy metals in them, so you just got to be careful the salt. So don't put the salt on your food if you have high blood pressure. If you have low blood pressure, yes you can add salt on your food because that helps to pump the blood into your head and that will avoid syncope or passing out or getting light headed, light back, all right. So that's for heart disease. We want to make sure. We want to eat healthy, no fried foods. We want to stay away from all the oils. We want to exercise and move our body. And also the silent killer is stress reduction. So the number one time for heart attack and stroke is Monday. Morning. So find a job that you like, meditate, practice mindfulness, do stuff that's going to reduce your stress. Be around positive people, happy people. Turn off the news, stop reading the news pap, get off social media, start helping others, and that reduces your stress levels so you don't get heart disease. So you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two or one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kplan and you're listening to boosh your brain power. So we said, heart disease is the number one killer in America. One out of every two people are going to dive heart disease. And a lot of people are put on statin drugs because they think that that will prevent heart attacks and stroke. It's the most prescribed jug in America, lipitour and these statin drugs. But what they don't tell you is these statin drugs actually cause dementia and they cause joint pain. So I don't want to be in pain all the time, and I don't want to have dementia. So better make sure that I prevent getting high cholesterol by eating a healthy diet. So if you're taking cholesterol medgs, just know that if your memory isn't as good as it used to, it's not because you're getting older. It could be because the medication you're taking. Don't believe the lie that your memory gets worse with age. That's not true. Your memory should actually get better with age. But what happens is people they have a more sedentary lifestyle. They retire, and they stop working, and they stop being as social, and they stop thinking as much, and they stop learning and challenging their brains. The number one most important thing to improve your memory is to make sure you do new things. So the older we get, the less new things we take on. But don't be like the ninety nine percent that just gets comped with their old agencies. I'm just gonna keep doing the same stuff I've done my whole life. That's a recipe for Alzheimer's and dementia. If you don't want alzheimer's, you don't want dementia. Start doing new things. Start learning new things, take new classes, do a new hobby, meet new people, visit new places. Learn a new musical instrument, learn learn a new language, learn a new dance move, learn how to garden, learn how to put a desk together, learn construction, learn how to change a tire, learn how to filter water, learn how to make a fire. Start learning new things, and hopefully you learn new things that can actually be helpful to you or helpful to other people, Take a new class, take some go to school, go to the community college, whatever it is, start learning new things. If you want to improve your memory, if you want to be like the ninety nine percent where their just memory gets worse with age, they get more joint pain, their vision gets worse, their posture gets worse, they get lower energy. Fine, listen to everyone else and do what everyone else does. If you want to be a one percent, we're at ninety years old, you have a better memory than eighty. If you want to be that one percent whose vision improves every year as they get older, If you want to be that one percent whose posture gets better, who actually grows as they get older, then you got to do the stuff that no one else is doing. We have patients literally grow in our office. I had a patient who was five ten. It took us three years, but we got them to six' one. He was eighty one years old and he grew three inches. We have people that improve their memory at ninety five years of age. We have people that improve their vision after seventy five. We have people that are growing their hair back at eighty years old. Don't believe the lies. You can get healthier and healthier. As you get older and older, you should get healthier because you should have more knowledge and take on healthier habits. Right, kids do stupid things. They want to eat fast food, you know, they want to be on the computer, on the cell phone all day. As an adult, you should be smarter. And if you have the knowledge to improve your health, you got to use it. And that's what this show is about, is giving you the knowledge to empower yourself. So if you want to improve your memory, you got to do new things. You got to challenge yourself. Don't rely on the technology. Don't get digital dementia where you don't know anybody's phone number, you don't know how to spell anything, you don't know how to get to any place because everything's just in your GPS. Don't have digital demandsia. Start challenging yourself. Start purposely memorizing phone numbers, purposely memorizing people's names. Have that intention. Say I'm gonna memorize this address and I'm not going to put it in the GPS. I'm gonna memorize my grocery list. I'm not gonna look at my sheet that I wrote everything down I'm not gonna use spell check. I'm not gonna look it up in Google. I'm not gonna look it up on YouTube. I'm gonna figure it out myself. Use your brain. You use it or you lose it. Don't wait till your memory goes to start trying to fix your brain. Work on your brain. Now. Just like you brush your teeth every day, start doing brain exercises every day. Right, we're all taught. Oh, you gotta brush your teeth every morning. You gotta brush your teeth before bed. Does anyone teach you to do brain exercises before your bread? Does anyone tell me to do brain exercises after you eat your breakfast? No? But what's more important your brain or your teeth? There's nothing more important than your brain. But people take much better care of their teeth than their brain. They're gonna flaws, they're gonna go to the dentist twice a year for their cleanings. They're gonna do the rinsing, they're gonna brush their teeth, and you know, they're gonna do water picks and all this stuff, teeth whitening, all this stuff to make their teeth look good and visiligne. What are you doing to make your brain function better. Right, your brain is everything, that's who you are. But how do you know if your brain is functioning properly or not well. One of the best tests it's called a q EEG brain mapping. This is where you wear a cap. It looks like a swimmers cap and it has electrodes that are attached to it, and these electrodes message your brain waves, your alpha brain waves, your beta, your theta, your delta, and based on the location of the abnormal brain waves, it can actually tell us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which are not. It's gonna tell us you have anxiety, do you have depression, you have short term memory loss, you have brain FuG you have difficulties shifting tests, you have problems with punctuality, motivation, organization, planning, executive functions, language issues, aphasis, depression, and anxiety, working memory, short term memory, and long term It picks this all up. It's gonna say, hey, do you have low dopamine levels, low aceto pollin. It's gonna tell us you have a thyroid problem in testin inflammation, you have heavy metal poisoning. Have you had concussion? Do you have a pathology. It literally breaks everything up. Do you have sleep deprivation, you have insomnia? Do you have balanced problems, visual problems, hearing problems, do you have issues with your digestion or your breathing? It picks up everything. I love this test. There's no radiation, it's not invasive, super quick, super easy. We do it in our offices in New Jersey and New York City. Definitely take advantage because we're giving you, guys a gift. It's normally a five hundred dollars test, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you could literally get the qEEG brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. And there's no obligation. There's no bait and switch, there's no scams, there's no anything else going on. It's just a more of a get acquainted visit. So we do this test with no pressure. If you want to take on my suggestions, that's great. There's up to you, but there's no obligation this there's a get acquainted visit. Take advantage. It's normally five hundred dollars. First seven people to call, text or email you can get it for only twenty one dollars. Here's the number six four six two two one six seven three eight, or you can email info at kaplanbrainebody dot com. A second test, we're also gonna give a good gift for you guys. It's called a VNG Video nostography, and this is a test where you measure these goggles where you wear these goggles that have infrared cameras on them that measure your different high movements, fast movements, slow movements, how you respond to light with a head movement that goes up and down and left and right and random and slow and fast. So it can tell us about all the different areas of the brain, which areas are overactive and that would create more anxiety and ADHD and the mind racing and worry and fear and insomnia. So these are overactive areas, muscle spasms, inflammation, all that type of stuff. The VNG picks this up and also is gonna pick up which areas are underactive. You have low motivation, you have depression, you have low energy, you have you're always tired, you fatigue, you have slow metabolism. You can't lose weight, you don't have any incentives, you don't got that good plan. You're not a good organizer. You can't think straight. You got brain fog. This is for areas that are underactive. The VNG picks this up. This test is also normally five hundred dollars, but as a gift to you, we're gonna give it for only twenty one dollars. For the first seven people to call, text or email. The number is six four six two to one, six seven three eight. The email is info at kaplinbraininbody dot com. The next test that we're giving away, and this is the last, So we're giving away three tests as a gift that are normally five hundred dollars, but you're gonna get them for only twenty one dollars. The next evaluation is a one on one with me. You could do it in my New York office. You could do it in my New Jersey office. A lot of people do it over virtually, so we can do it over Zoom, WhatsApp, facetimed. So patients really like the virtual visits, so they could just do it at their lunchtime. It's a quick visit. It takes about a half hour to forty five minutes. You can do it in the office, or you could do it virtually. Like we said, so, we have a lot of people that listen to us that aren't local. They're from different countries, different states, they're hours away, so they like to do the virtual one with me. It's normally five hundred dollars, but you can get it for only twenty one dollars and we do it over the zoom or the FaceTime or the what's happened. We check your range of motion. We check outw you do your finger to nose. I check out how you walk. I check out your posture. We check out your memory. We see how you breathe. We see how your balance is. We see how your coordination is, your range of motion, your muscle strength. We see how your eyes are, your ears are. We see how your tongue goes does a DVA. We see how you respond to different lights and different stimulations. We can do this virtually. Patients love it where you can actually improve your brain function, improve your heart function, help boost your immune system, help your digestion, help with your nutrition, your memory. So we could do all this virtually. Take advantage. It's literally only twenty one dollars for this complete evaluation. We go over your blood work, we go over your concerns, if you have any MRIs or cat scans or x so we do this whole evaluation virtually where you get valuable information and then I'm the type of doctor that is going to teach you how to help yourself. Don't come to me if you want the medicine. That's not the type of doctor I am. I'm not gonna examine you and say, okay, take this medicine. The medicine is just hiding the symptoms. I'm gonna teach you how to actually reverse any health conditions that you have, how to get to the root cause, how to help yourself. Because the power that made the body heals the body. So sign up for this one on one. You could do it in office, or you could do it virtually. Takes about a half hour to forty five minutes with me, and it's normally five hundred dollars, but a gift, we're gonna do it for only twenty one dollars. It's just a get acquaint and visit. See if this is something that you'd like to participate. Again, don't sign up if you're just looking for a quick fix like a medicine or a pill or a vitamin or an herb. Come to me if you want answers. Come to me if you want to know how to help yourself. So sign up for this one on one for twenty one dollars. You gotta be one of the first seven people to call, text or email. The number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at Kaplinbraininbody dot com. If you want more information, visit our website caplindc dot com, or you can go on on social media. We have a YouTube channel Caplan Brain and Body. We're on Facebook Caplin Brain and Body. We also have a TikTok doctor Eric Kaplan, and we have an Instagram at Kaplan Brainbody And if you want my book, it's called Boos Your brain Power, A Guide to improving your Memory and Focus. You can get it on Amazon. Boos your brain Power. Brain Power is one word by doctor Eric Caplan. You'll see a picture of a big blue brain. It's a quick read. It only takes about an hour to two hours to read, super helpful. It's the seventeen best ways to improve your memory and focus in natural, holistic ways, without drugs, without medication, without out surgery, so you could function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you just listen to boost your brain power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.